IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Space_Librarian wizzyrea I look forward to being educated on the joys of the brownie
00:07 jcamins_away Mmmm... brownies.
00:08 * jcamins_away ponders the ingredient list, and confirms that he seems to have everything he needs.
00:08 eythian
00:10 wizzyrea umm, yes, it does. And makes a lovely checkerboard pattern when you dump them out of the pan.
00:10 wizzyrea basically it gives you biggish square brownies with both edges and middles
00:10 * wizzyrea tries to find a picture
00:11 jcamins_away eythian: awesome!
00:11 * Space_Librarian suddenly wants brownies
00:11 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: they're very easy to make.
00:12 Space_Librarian I know. I just need to get my a-into-g and make some.
00:13 jcamins_away And in another... 4 hours it'll be the weekend.
00:14 Space_Librarian ooh. I should really go have lunch then
00:14 jcamins_away That's a good idea.
00:14 jcamins_away And visit the Belgian chocolate store.
00:14 jcamins_away :)
00:15 wizzyrea lol@amazon - brownie edge pan - people who bought this also bought... doctor who?
00:15 wizzyrea how amusing
00:21 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I'm not seeing that.
00:22 jcamins_away Which brownie edge pan are you looking at?
00:28 wizzyrea jcamins - i am bewildered by this:[…]d/~3/MzzwYx-Qd5U/
00:28 wizzyrea well I"m trying to find it
00:29 jcamins_away You mean, "why?"
00:29 wizzyrea AHA
00:29 * jcamins_away has no idea.
00:29 wizzyrea[…].asp?SKU=17604449
00:30 jcamins_away wizzyrea: that doesn't suggest I buy Doctor Who.
00:30 jcamins_away Bed bath and beyond doesn't even have Doctor Who!
00:30 wizzyrea no.
00:30 wizzyrea but the one on amazon did. But that wasn't THIS pan
00:30 wizzyrea that is the one I hav
00:30 wizzyrea have*
00:30 jcamins_away Right, I've been looking on Amazon for that suggestion.
00:31 wizzyrea lol
00:31 jcamins_away It doesn't come up.
00:31 * jcamins_away thinks maybe Amazon knows what it can convince you to buy. :P
00:32 wizzyrea hrmph.
00:34 jcamins_away I think maybe I'll make pizza anyway.
00:36 rangi Space_Librarian: how many rows are in that file?
00:36 jcamins_away I need a new kitchen scale.
01:01 jcamins_away rangi: oh, are the subject headings you've been working on importing from CSV the same ones that Space_Librarian was girding up to do battle with?
01:02 rangi nope, but she will need to do somehting similar
01:02 jcamins_away Ah. I pointed out how useful the patch for bug 7284 would be to her.
01:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
01:02 jcamins_away And to you, for that matter.
01:02 jcamins_away Useful useful useful.
01:03 rangi yup
01:03 jcamins_away Now if only you had a way to test it...
01:03 jcamins_away Hey!
01:03 jcamins_away You do!
01:03 jcamins_away :D
01:03 rangi hehe
01:05 jcamins_away Maybe I should figure out how to have huginn send a privmsg to *everyone*.
01:06 jcamins_away Other than "@later..."
01:06 * wizzyrea needs to go back to that
01:06 * jcamins sees a useful irssi script. I'll call it ""
01:07 * jcamins will cron it.
01:08 jcamins Bwahahaha!
01:08 wizzyrea you
01:08 wizzyrea ---------------------------------- < the line
01:08 wizzyrea ;)
01:09 jcamins Or, it could watch for /part commands, and leave a message for people as soon as they leave.
01:10 jcamins wizzyrea: you know what they say about squeaky wheels. :)
01:11 eythian "the squeaky wheel gets kickbanned"? :)
01:13 jcamins eythian: not quite what I was thinking, but everyone will miss my delicious baked goods, and feel obliged to test 7284 so that I can be allowed back. :P
01:13 eythian hehe
01:14 wizzyrea curse you and your delicious baked goods!
01:16 jcamins lol
01:28 kathryn joined #koha
01:30 melia left #koha
01:33 Space_Librarian And back. mmmm.... chocolate
01:33 Space_Librarian rangi, lemme check. I think it's 33k?
01:33 rangi yep
01:33 rangi that sounds right
01:38 * jcamins has pizza batter.
01:38 jcamins This is what comes of measuring by volume.
01:40 Space_Librarian but didn't you have not enough tomato stuffs for pizza?
01:40 jcamins I still don't.
01:40 Space_Librarian And yes, I will need to do similar things with subject headings, so I'm waiting on awesomeness from rangi.
01:41 Space_Librarian And have you tried pizza bianco? Using olive oil and garlic  instead?
01:41 jcamins But it's late enough that my wife will have eaten before she gets home, so I can make a single pizza, and that'll be enough.
01:41 * jcamins doesn't have any olive oil.
02:36 jcamins Woohoo! Brownies almost done, and the pizza's up. :)
02:37 jcamins And a purring cat keeps on falling over on top of me.
03:29 Brooke joined #koha
03:29 Brooke o/
03:29 jcamins \o
03:31 BobB judit ping
03:32 BobB sorry wrong channel
03:32 Brooke Bob, it's nearly beer o'clock
03:32 Brooke what are ye doin' here, mate?
03:38 ibeardslee mmm beer
03:42 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:43 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:43 Brooke namaste amit
03:44 Amit_Gupta heya Brooke
03:50 Space_Librarian adios all you awesome people. Have a wicked Friday/weekend!
03:50 Brooke via con dios
03:51 Space_Librarian :)
04:05 libsysguy joined #koha
04:16 libsysguy where is kohacon
04:16 libsysguy man I was hoping the bot had an answer for that
04:17 luisb joined #koha
04:50 luisb joined #koha
04:51 cait joined #koha
04:52 cait hi #koha
04:56 bag heya Amit_Gupta
05:08 wizzyrea joined #koha
05:19 cait hi bag
05:43 wizzyrea cait, early or late?
05:44 libsysguy has to be early
05:46 cait early :)
05:46 cait and late for you?
05:46 cait 6:45 here
05:47 Amit_Gupta heya cait
05:55 libsysguy well the VPN is down for maintenance…guess that means its time for bed for libsysguy
05:56 libsysguy see you guys tomorrow
05:57 libsysguy left #koha
06:03 luisb joined #koha
06:08 stuartyeates joined #koha
07:21 libsysguy joined #koha
07:28 magnus_away joined #koha
07:28 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:28 * magnuse finally figured out how to get his bip up and running again
07:29 alex_a bonjour
07:30 alex_a @wunder marseille
07:30 huginn alex_a: The current temperature in Marseille, France is -1.0°C (8:00 AM CET on February 17, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Rising).
07:31 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:31 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -0.2°C (8:29 AM CET on February 17, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028.0 hPa (Steady).
07:31 cait good morning everyone
07:31 magnuse @wunder boo
07:31 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 1.0°C (7:00 AM CET on February 17, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Pressure: 29.26 in 991 hPa (Rising).
07:31 magnuse hiya cait
07:31 magnuse alex_a: still colde in marseille?
07:32 magnuse i thought the weather forecast on tv last night said +12 in Nice - isn't that quite close to marseille?
07:35 alex_a magnuse: less than a few dauys
07:35 alex_a days
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:43 cait tgif
07:43 cait bbiab
07:43 cait left #koha
07:49 mbalmer joined #koha
07:50 paul_p joined #koha
07:50 hdl joined #koha
07:52 paul_p joined #koha
07:53 paul_p good morning koha !
08:04 * paul_p switches to mode "pushing patches" ...
08:04 paul_p (starting by 7545, that is a real BLO)
08:12 hdl joined #koha
08:12 kf joined #koha
08:12 kf hi #koha
08:15 laurence joined #koha
08:16 julian_m joined #koha
08:18 sophie_m joined #koha
08:18 mbalmer moanin
08:19 sophie_m hello #koha
08:19 paul_p hi kf & mbalmer
08:19 matts joined #koha
08:20 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:21 kivilahtio #Good moorning #Koha! How do you deal with departments in your libraries?
08:21 kivilahtio For example we have a library, which has a music department, a serials department, a books department, a municipal archives department...
08:22 kivilahtio How can we differentiate where staff are working and from where the books can be found?
08:23 kivilahtio Currently we have a library for every department, but that doesn't work very well.
08:28 kivilahtio we get all the departments of all our area libraries in the libraries-facet even if we only wanted to have the main libraries visible
08:29 magnuse kivilahtio: well, i don't think there are that many choices...
08:29 magnuse have you looked at search domains?
08:30 magnuse i'm not sure that would help, but it's one of the "tricks" i can think of
08:33 kf morning paul_p
08:34 kf kivilahtio: are the libraries in the same buliding?
08:34 kf kivilahtio: I think I would only make it one library if you don't have book transport between them
08:34 kf kivilahtio: and perhaps add a patron attribute or a note to the staff patrons
08:34 magnuse kivilahtio: you can make the departments separate libraries - or you can use some combination of 952 fields - like Collection code, Shelving location...
08:35 kf right, location would be a good candidate for the items
08:35 paul_p kivilahtio we use shelving location too
08:35 kivilahtio so shelving location it is
08:35 paul_p it means the full location of a book is composed of : the library + the location + the callnumber
08:35 paul_p location = field in items table, that can be mapped to an authorized value list. Dunno if it's a default in MARC21 (in UNIMARC it is)
08:36 paul_p kf & magnuse will know better than me on this matter
08:37 kf paul_p: it is in MARC21 too :)
08:37 magnuse kf probably knows better than me, though...
08:38 kf hmpf!
08:38 kf I think we all know a lot about Koha :)
08:38 kivilahtio :)
08:49 laurence joined #koha
08:58 magnuse thanks for pushing 7489 paul_p - i'll take the blame if it blows up :-)
08:58 paul_p ;-)
08:59 magnuse and that will let me avoid a merge conflict when i do a new patch for bug 7537 too
08:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Implement TraceCompleteSubfields and TraceSubjectSubdivisions for NORMARC XSLT
09:15 james joined #koha
09:17 Guest2911 hello team.
09:19 Guest2911 i have tried to search on Koha OPAC and am getting an error
09:20 Guest2911 that no results found, what could be the problem
09:20 Guest2911 ?
09:21 Guest2911 will really appreciate
09:21 kf search faq?
09:21 wahanui somebody said search faq was at[…]on/faq/searching/
09:22 kf Guest2911: check the link - there are some things you can do
09:22 kf Guest2911: normally the problem is: zebrasrv not running or data not indexed
09:22 Guest2911 ok let me check the link
09:23 Guest2911 wahanui: actually I have been looking for the solution for a week now
09:23 wahanui Guest2911: i'm not following you...
09:23 kf wahanui is our bot
09:23 kf I asked him to give you the link
09:24 Guest2911 what should I do the to fix zebrasrv and also indexing?
09:25 * paul_p has pushed all bugs, now heading to ENH. Will do them from oldest to newest (bugzilla number)
09:27 kf sounds reasonable :)
09:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7367' <[…]8df77e67ee2a68b48> / 7367: Make translation possible of Close this window <[…]f22027e1120776713> / Bug 7203: Fixes typo - 'Mange' to 'Manage' in several files. <
09:28 kf Guest2911: read through the page I send you :)
09:30 Guest2911 kf: I will , wahanui: it used to work before, but another librarian changed something that I couldnt figure it out. I have been really struggling to fix the error
09:30 Guest2911 kf: Thanks, let me read follow the link
09:31 paul_p Guest2911 no need to speak to wahanui, it's a bot/ a computer
09:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #631 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:34 Guest2911 KF: Thanks, I did know that, now I know
09:35 Guest2911 KF: Thanks, I didn't know that, now I know
09:43 Guest2911 this is the error i get from search
09:43 Guest2911 No Results Found!  No results match your search for “kw,wrdl:
09:50 Guest2911 will really appreciate your help
09:52 paul_p Guest2911 you get "kw,wrdl: "and nothing after that ? it means you've entered no search, you won't get any results in this case
09:59 moo Guest2911:  your first question  your zebra running?
10:00 moo (that is always the first question for searching problems in Koha :) )
10:00 moo no zebra... then no search results ;)
10:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7246 add offset/length and where options to rebuild_zebra <[…]e4440ac662b19f6b7> / Bug 7201 follow-up, fixing some indentation mistakes <[…]5b5b1952f38ff4ca0> / bug_7201: Holds reports: add copynumber and enumchron <
10:18 francharb joined #koha
10:18 francharb left #koha
10:19 Irma left #koha
10:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #631: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/631/
10:20 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7546 - cannot view subscription detail
10:20 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7551 : Can only renew for the user you are logged in as now
10:20 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7521: Templates should use receive_serials permission
10:20 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7489 - Implement DisplayOPACiconsXSLT for NORMARC XSLT
10:20 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7406 Fix saved reports display paging inconsistency
10:20 jenkins_koha * gcollum: Bug 7114: Fixes the Funds' page display after the Filter link is clicked.
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7546 blocker, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Cannot view subscription detail - bareword error
10:20 jenkins_koha * gcollum: Bug 7530: Missing <li> tag in
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7551 critical, P1 - high, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Any logged-in OPAC user can renew items for others using a properly constructed URL
10:20 jenkins_koha * gcollum: Bug 7203: Fixes typo - 'Mange' to 'Manage' in several files.
10:20 jenkins_koha * 7367: Make translation possible of Close this window
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7521 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Cannot receive serials without full serials permissions
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7489 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Stable , Implement DisplayOPACiconsXSLT for NORMARC XSLT
10:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #632 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7406 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , saved reports not showing right number
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7114 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Hiding filters on funds page messes with layout
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7530 minor, P5 - low, ---, gcollum, Pushed to Master , Missing <li> tag in
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7203 minor, P5 - low, ---, melia, Pushed to Master , typo in breadcrumbs
10:28 reiveune left #koha
11:05 paul_p passed QA list empty ;-) busy morning for me !
11:05 paul_p 21 signed-off to QA, will try to work on that this afternoon
11:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #632: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/632/
11:07 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5346: Linking suggestions and orders.
11:07 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5346: Small display changes
11:07 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 6985 - remove kw,wrdl from the search results
11:07 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7201: Holds reports: add copynumber and enumchron
11:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5346 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Linking suggestions & orders
11:07 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7201 follow-up, fixing some indentation mistakes
11:07 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7246 add offset/length and where options to rebuild_zebra
11:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6985 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, Pushed to Master , Hide "kw,wrdl:" from Search Results
11:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7201 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Hold to pull report needs extra fields
11:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7246 enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , --limit option to allow partial re-indexing
11:07 jenkins_koha Starting build #633 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
11:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7540 - add id values to the legends in the patron entry form <[…]6075786b5e818cd04> / Bug 7532 - remove dependency on Date::ICal <[…]f0af03d51ff236d40> / Bug 7514 Choose OPAC language with URL parameter <[…]eb/?p=koha.git;a=
11:08 kf and happy jenkins :)
11:08 kf !jenkins botsnack cookie ?
11:08 jenkins_koha kf: yummy! how did you know that cookie ? is my favorite food?
11:08 kf hehe
11:32 kf jcamins_away: around?
11:33 kf @later tell jcamins_away I have a marc21 question :)
11:33 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
11:47 drojf joined #koha
11:47 drojf hi #koha
11:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #633: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/633/
11:55 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 7289: Adds editionstatement field in neworderempty
11:55 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7289 follow-up setting DBrev number
11:55 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7289: Add biblioitems.editionstatement to missing sql files
11:55 jenkins_koha * matthias.meusburger: Bug 7312: Adds ISSN to serials/ results
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7289 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , edition statement field
11:55 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7409 - add unzip and perl-doc dependencies to package
11:55 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7458: A call number plugin
11:55 jenkins_koha * koha.sekjal: Bug 7509: Added index on items itemcallnumber
11:55 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7509 follow-up, DBRev number
11:55 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7514 Choose OPAC language with URL parameter
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7312 minor, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Adds ISSN to serials/ results
11:55 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7532 - remove dependency on Date::ICal
11:55 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7540 - add id values to the legends in the patron entry form
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7409 normal, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , Missing dependencies for Debian package
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7509 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Create index for items.itemcallnumber
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7514 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Choose OPAC language with URL parameter
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , opac-ics depends on Date::ICal which is largely unmaintained
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7540 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , Add ids to the legend elements to make it easier to tweak with javascript
12:07 magnus_afk woohoo \o/
12:18 kyle joined #koha
12:26 jwagner joined #koha
12:28 kf jcamins_away: ? :)
12:44 ago43 joined #koha
12:48 reiveune joined #koha
12:52 collum joined #koha
12:59 oleonard joined #koha
12:59 matts joined #koha
12:59 magnus_afk hmf, i tried to make a new patch for bug 7573, but when i try t apply that to another repo i get this: fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless (koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xs​lt/NORMARCslim2OPACDetail.xsl).
12:59 magnus_afk Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.
12:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7573 was not found.
12:59 magnus_afk bug 7537
12:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Implement TraceCompleteSubfields and TraceSubjectSubdivisions for NORMARC XSLT
12:59 magnus_afk anyone got a clue what might cause that?
13:00 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:07 kf sorry no :(
13:14 ytomic joined #koha
13:17 magnus_afk gah, when i try to apply it to master, git accuses me of hand-editing my patch...
13:17 paul_p joined #koha
13:17 oleonard The nerve!
13:17 paul_p hello again
13:18 magnus_afk oleonard: yeah, i'm deeply offended ;-)
13:22 magnus_afk here's the patch if anyone feels like haveing a look:[…]-and-TraceS.patch
13:29 NateC joined #koha
13:31 kf hi oleonard
13:31 kf :)
13:32 jcamins_away kf, yes?
13:32 kf I wondered about a question from one of our libraries
13:32 kf normalized form of publication place for old prints
13:33 kf I found it is matched to 751$a with $4pup
13:33 kf so perhaps not a good idea to add to the publication place index?
13:33 jcamins_away Hm. I use 751$a.
13:33 jwagner joined #koha
13:33 jcamins_away Yeah, that needs DOM indexing.
13:34 kf *sigh*
13:34 kf kk
13:35 hdl well, you could add a specialised rebuild_zebra function.
13:36 kf hdl: let's not go there please :)
13:36 jcamins_away hdl, yikes!
13:36 jcamins_away :)
13:36 kf I think we will 751$a to the index for this library
13:36 kf but it's not something I will send a patch for
13:36 jcamins_away Makes sense.
13:36 kf because the field can be used for other information as well
13:40 oleonard paul_p: The pre-commit hook you shared complains when I try to save a script which includes "use warnings;"
13:40 oleonard Would it make sense to change it to say "when ( /warn / ) {" with a space after 'warn' ?
13:41 * chris_n thinks so
13:41 paul_p oleonard yep
13:41 * oleonard wanted a second opinion in case someone could think of an instance where that would let something through incorrectly
13:41 paul_p wow... and i forget to update my changes on the wiki
13:42 paul_p I removed             $nb_errors++;
13:42 paul_p in warn checking.
13:42 paul_p thus, I get a WARNING, but it does not prevent from doing the commit
13:42 paul_p because sometimes you have things like
13:42 paul_p do_this_and_that ||
13:42 paul_p warn "something went wrong"
13:43 paul_p that is conditionnal (ie = warn rised only if do_this_and_that returns 0), so should not prevent from commiting
13:43 * paul_p fixes immediatly
13:45 paul_p wiki updated
13:50 hdl jcamins_away: having DOM indexing would entice to some zebra specific and specialised xslts... imho DOM indexing would have been a nice idea 4 years ago.
13:59 edveal joined #koha
14:02 jcamins_away hdl: it would indeed.
14:03 jcamins_away gmcharlt is currently working on DOM indexing, I think.
14:10 gmcharlt yep; I should have some tech details outlined for all to see next week
14:11 hdl i think migration will be a nightmare
14:12 jcamins_away hdl: worse than migrating to solr?
14:12 hdl not less than migrating to solr.
14:12 hdl and I much more believe in solr
14:12 hdl its community.
14:12 jcamins_away If done properly, the change to DOM indexing should be pretty painless.
14:13 huginn_ New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 3516] Display picture of patrons in OPAC <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3516>
14:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3516 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Display picture of patrons in OPAC
14:13 huginn Bug 3516: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Display picture of patrons in OPAC
14:13 gmcharlt hdl: most of the work, actually, will be in coding to make the migration of indexing defs seemless
14:13 gmcharlt *seamless
14:14 kf gmcharlt++ :)
14:14 jcamins_away gmcharlt++
14:14 gmcharlt hdl: bottom line from my POV: we CAN all get along ;)
14:14 hdl the problem of formatting data and user defined parsers will be the same.
14:15 jcamins_away hdl: anyone who has a custom Zebra configuration they like using GRS-1 can keep it.f
14:15 jcamins_away s/f$//
14:15 hdl it is the problem we had. and xslt is not the way.
14:17 hdl since it is should be user defined.
14:18 mib_mtkv3c joined #koha
14:19 gmcharlt user-defined index defs ultimately has little to do with the underlying search engine
14:19 maximep joined #koha
14:19 gmcharlt just a matter of writing a translator, for which I do hope to put in a bit with the DOM indexing development
14:19 kf hi maximep
14:19 mib_mtkv3c hi Koha community :) today during an installation running the rebuild_zebra i've got the following warning: No such record type: grs.marcxml.record
14:20 mib_mtkv3c what means? how to solve it?
14:22 maximep good morning =)
14:23 hdl good luck gmcharlt and hoping to read from you.
14:26 * jcamins_away dashes to catch a bus.
14:26 jcamins_away Back from there, or Manhattan.
14:32 * jcamins_away takes advantage of being self-employed and decides not to go into the city.
14:33 kf ohoh
14:33 kf missed the bus?
14:33 jcamins kf: no, but I'd have to leave early, and I'm going to be spending much of the day on the phone trying to get ahold of our lawyer, so I might as well go in next week when I can get more work done.
14:34 kf makes sense
14:34 kf apartment?
14:34 jcamins Yup.
14:40 paul_p the number of patches to signoff just lowered by 20 (from 80 to 60). Hélas, it's because they does not apply anymore...
14:41 kyle Has anyone else seen this error on master? Undefined subroutine &C4::Search::SimpleSearch
14:41 kyle It keeps cropping up for me.
14:41 jcamins kyle: yeah, it's because there was an interaction between the C4::Heading and C4::somethingelse de-cycling.
14:41 kyle jcamins: thanks, is there a fix coming down the pipe?
14:42 jcamins kyle: several just got pushed.
14:42 jcamins Have you found it anywhere else?
14:42 paul_p kyle if you update master, it should be OK.
14:43 oleonard Anyone here ever run into Bug 5364?
14:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5364 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Limit the number of author displayed on OPAC
14:43 kyle paul_p: I'm on the latest master.
14:43 kyle Problem is at  /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 2472.
14:44 paul_p kyle so, on which page do you have this problem ?
14:44 kyle batch item deletion,
14:44 * jcamins cheerfully lights C4 on fire.
14:44 jcamins oleonard: never.
14:44 kf paul_p: bug 5877 had 2 sign-offs :(
14:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Patch doesn't apply , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
14:45 paul_p kf don't worry, I think it's trivial to rebase
14:45 * chris_n calls the bomb squad on jcamins
14:46 jcamins chris_n: with a name like that, and SimpleSearch being called from C4::Items, who could blame me?
14:46 chris_n C4 can only be safely detonated after Koha:: is full time :-)
14:46 * chris_n thinks SimpleSearch is a misnomer from a coding prospective
14:47 jcamins Hehe. 7430 doesn't apply.
14:47 jcamins 7284 doesn't apply?
14:47 kyle paul_p: Undefined subroutine &C4::Search::SimpleSearch called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 2472. Error on
14:47 jcamins I just rebased it!
14:47 jcamins Bah.
14:47 kf but 7430
14:47 kf bug 7430
14:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7430 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, jcamins, Patch doesn't apply , ModZebra should not be in C4::Biblio
14:47 kf bug 7284
14:47 wahanui bug 7284 is the first step to making that happen.
14:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Patch doesn't apply , Authority matching algorithm improvements
14:48 jcamins Wait... 3516 doesn't apply? How can 3516 not apply? Didn't oleonard just upload it five minutes ago?
14:48 paul_p kyle a use C4::Search at the beginning of should fix the problem
14:48 jcamins 39 minutes ago.
14:48 kf paul_p: should we be usign qw/sub/ to show what's being used in the script?
14:48 kf behind the use
14:48 paul_p well, maybe my script made a mistake,...
14:48 paul_p kf should ? no. could ? yes
14:49 kf should as in could :)
14:49 kyle paul_p: thanks!
14:49 kf but wondering if it was a good idea in general
14:49 kf my learning perl book says so ;)
14:49 jcamins paul_p: no, 7284 doesn't apply anymore.
14:49 * jcamins rebases again.
14:50 paul_p kf, yes it is a good idea
14:50 oleonard paul_p is right, my patch for 3516 was 12 hours too old :)
14:50 * oleonard will rebase
14:50 jcamins @later tell wizzyrea Bug 7284... ooh... how useful... with a good testing plan...
14:50 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
14:50 kf paul_p: thx :)
14:50 kf trying to learn how to do things 'right'
14:55 oleonard Revised patch attached to 3516.
14:56 jcamins Revised patch on 7284.
14:56 jcamins Talk about a useful patch!
14:56 jcamins 7284. It's a glimpse into the future.
14:56 jcamins An exciting future.
14:56 jcamins Full of working authority control.
14:57 jcamins And remember, kids, only YOU can prevent forest fires and jcamins needing to rebase again tomorrow!
14:59 jcamins Apparently today is the day to test emergency communication systems.
15:00 paul_p bug 587 back to signed off... was pretty silly reason (2 patches appearing in the wrong order. My script can't handle this case, of course)
15:00 huginn Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=587 major, P2, ---, paul.poulain, RESOLVED FIXED, deleted items are not being removed from marc tables
15:01 paul_p (bug 5877)
15:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
15:06 paul_p table sorters falling like leave in automn (congrats joubu)
15:06 paul_p bug 5345
15:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Table sorters in Koha
15:10 jcamins Wow.
15:10 jcamins That's a lot of datatables. :)
15:10 maximep left #koha
15:13 maximep joined #koha
15:16 * oleonard WONTFIXes Amazon API-related bugs
15:16 oleonard So there.
15:16 wahanui well, so there is no way we can enable it I think
15:17 oleonard Right you are wahanui
15:25 gaetan_B joined #koha
15:31 laurence left #koha
15:55 jcamins Bug 7554
15:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7554 normal, P3, ---, jcamins, NEW , Newlines break search paging
16:01 nengard joined #koha
16:02 kf oleonard++
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 reiveune left #koha
16:07 jcamins Okay... why does this record show up in the intranet but not the opac results?
16:07 jcamins search faq?
16:07 wahanui i heard search faq was at[…]on/faq/searching/
16:08 oleonard jcamins: for you the answer is newlines
16:08 jcamins Argh!
16:08 oleonard Always newlines.
16:08 jcamins wahanui was wrong!
16:08 wahanui jcamins: sorry...
16:08 jcamins oleonard: oh, yeah.
16:08 paul_p @all = joubu tells me he has a problem with neworderempty, and I can't reproduce it. Could ppl here confirm that master isn't broken (joubu get : <Joubu> perl -wc acqui/
16:08 paul_p <Joubu> "BiblioAddAuthorities" is not exported by the C4::Search module
16:08 paul_p <Joubu> Can't continue after import errors at acqui/ line 89
16:08 paul_p <Joubu> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at acqui/ line 89))
16:08 huginn paul_p: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
16:08 jcamins Right you are.
16:09 jcamins paul_p: it's C4::Biblio.
16:09 jcamins Stupid newlines.
16:09 paul_p jcamins = what's in C4::Biblio ?
16:09 jcamins BiblioAddAuthorities. Isn't it?
16:10 jcamins No, it is Search.
16:11 jcamins Sorry. Got confused.
16:11 * jcamins tests.
16:12 oleonard paul_p: If you mean "What do we get if we run 'perl -wc acqui/'" the answer for me is "syntax OK"
16:12 jcamins Geez, neworderempty is really slow.
16:12 jcamins paul_p: that works just fine for me.
16:12 paul_p oleonard, works for me as well, so joubu should have something wrong in his configuration
16:12 jcamins paul_p: is he testing 7284?
16:13 paul_p I don't know
16:13 jcamins That could happen if he is testing 7284 on top of his own changes to neworderempty.
16:13 oleonard What exactly was that command doing? (perl -wc etc. etc.)
16:13 jcamins perl -warnings -check, I think.
16:14 jcamins Stupid newlines.
16:16 jcamins I guess they break Zebra.
16:16 jcamins Now I'm confused.
16:16 paul_p oleonard joubu just left to catch his train, we will have to wait for monday to get an answer
16:23 jcamins Okay, this newlines thing is more involved than I want to deal with right now.
16:25 * oleonard hates working on a patch he knows is going to conflict with another patch...
16:25 jcamins oleonard: I hope not 7284!
16:25 jcamins I mean, I hope you're not conflicting with it.
16:25 jcamins I hope you are working on it. :)
16:26 oleonard Nope. Working on Bug 7493, which will conflict with Bug 5503
16:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7493 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Deleting a record with comments breaks "Recent Comments"
16:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5503 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , comments shouldn't show patron's full name
16:26 * oleonard soldiers on
16:28 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:30 * wizzyrea waves
16:31 jcamins Why do newlines break the OPAC?
16:31 * jcamins waves back.
16:31 jcamins Okay, this is going to bug me.
16:31 jcamins gmcharlt: it appears I was premature in blaming MARC::Record, and then premature in blaming the database.
16:32 gmcharlt jcamins: so what's the current suspect?
16:33 jcamins gmcharlt: something in C4::Search. :(
16:37 oleonard Well, that should be easy to sort out :P
16:37 JesseM joined #koha
16:38 * paul_p trying to QA bug 4530
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4530 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Circulation & fines rules aren't always applied from most specific to less specific
16:38 paul_p and feel something is wrong...
16:38 paul_p (more details coming soon on the bug)
16:41 jcamins This is very odd.
16:41 gmcharlt jcamins: how is the breakage manifesting?
16:42 jcamins gmcharlt: The OPAC reports "Your search returned 9 results" but only displays eight of them.
16:46 wizzyrea hidden items?
16:46 wizzyrea or hidden bibs?
16:46 jcamins wizzyrea: broken bibs.
16:46 wizzyrea suppressed bibs, I should say
16:46 wizzyrea ew
16:46 jcamins Seems to be caused by newlines.
16:46 jcamins But OPAC only.
16:47 wizzyrea!
16:47 wizzyrea my computer has gone crazy lol
16:47 jcamins What?
16:47 wizzyrea weird!
16:47 gmcharlt jcamins: does it make a different turning xslt display on or off?
16:47 gmcharlt *difference
16:47 wizzyrea and indexed with -x or not
16:48 jcamins gmcharlt: no difference with XSLT.
16:48 jcamins Not sure about -x yet.
16:48 * wizzyrea signed off on a bug yesterday with the opac from druthb that only manifested with -x
16:48 jcamins This is without -x.
16:48 wizzyrea try with?
16:49 jcamins Yeah, I'll have to do that.
16:50 * jcamins reindexes with -x.
16:51 jcamins It'll take a while.
16:51 kf paul_p: could you take a look at the standardize bug for acq?
16:51 data_doctor joined #koha
16:51 kf 7113
16:52 paul_p kf, of course...
16:52 data_doctor fred_pierre is data_doctor
16:52 kf it touches lots of files...
16:52 kf worried it will need lots of rebasing if we don't get it moving
16:58 jcamins Hrm.
17:00 jcamins This is perplexing.
17:01 jcamins C4::Search--
17:01 oleonard Patch sent for Bug 7493
17:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7493 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Deleting a record with comments breaks "Recent Comments"
17:01 jcamins I don't think I've ever encountered anyone wanting the barcode to show up in the OPAC.
17:02 melia joined #koha
17:03 wizzyrea oleonard thanks for looking at 7496
17:04 wizzyrea (the TITLE bug)
17:06 jcamins C4::Search--
17:09 oleonard @karma C4::Search
17:09 huginn oleonard: Karma for "C4::Search" has been increased 0 times and decreased 11 times for a total karma of -11.
17:11 jcamins C4::Search--
17:11 jcamins Okay, it still works at line 1501.
17:11 jcamins (of C4::Search)
17:12 kf jcamins: dito
17:12 kf for the barcode hting
17:16 schuster joined #koha
17:18 oleonard I wonder if they use the barcode for information which is somehow more relevant to them...
17:18 kf possibly?
17:18 kf hm.
17:19 jcamins Okay, the problem is hideatopac_count.
17:21 sophie_m left #koha
17:21 schuster wizzyrea - I am happy to report I figured out how to make git bz work!!  Yippie!
17:22 jcamins Hooray!
17:22 wizzyrea yay!
17:22 wizzyrea isn't it amazing?
17:22 wizzyrea totally worth the time to set it up.
17:23 oleonard For all of git's powers it is almost comically incapable of merging changes to CSS
17:23 wizzyrea speaking of css changes
17:23 * jcamins found the problem.
17:23 * wizzyrea was observing some hard corners in the opac
17:24 schuster jcamins - sad to report I downloaded a new git on a fresh install this morning only to discover the "sql backup" from my last version won't load because biblioimages changed in the tables to bibliocoverimages.
17:24 jcamins Bug 6488.
17:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6488 normal, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , opachiddenitems not working in master
17:24 jcamins schuster: biblioimages?
17:24 schuster I had to reload my MARC testing data...
17:24 schuster evidently that was the original name of the table for the cover images???
17:24 jcamins schuster: I don't recall it ever being biblioimages.
17:24 wizzyrea schuster I don't think that table ever existed in koha
17:25 wizzyrea in non-proprietary koha, anyway.
17:25 * wizzyrea always struggles with how to put it
17:26 wizzyrea schuster did you have sometihng special in your database for local cover images?
17:27 schuster don't know - yes this is non-proprietary koha...  git downloaded saying Koha version - doesn't matter easy enough to reload.
17:28 schuster Loading into
17:29 kf left #koha
17:30 schuster so jcamins - I may need help with applying and testing bug 7284
17:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
17:31 jcamins schuster: git-bz apply 7284 should do it.
17:32 schuster OK so I did that earlier ... so I should just be able to start "testing"?
17:32 jcamins Yup. :)
17:32 jcamins The bug explains the process in staggering detail.
17:33 jcamins Start with the installation process at the top, then go through the 52-step testing plan. :)
17:35 * jcamins is very grouchy.
17:36 jcamins Bug 6488 has broken ebook records.
17:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6488 normal, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , opachiddenitems not working in master
17:36 wizzyrea well it's broken bibs with no items
17:36 wizzyrea too
17:36 wizzyrea and on top, I can't make it work.
17:37 jcamins wizzyrea: ah, yeah, you could have a bib with no items that isn't an ebook record.
17:38 paul_p joined #koha
17:41 data_doctor E books usually have a URL
17:41 jcamins data_doctor: right.
17:41 jcamins data_doctor: but no item.
17:41 jcamins Ergo, no display on Master.
17:41 wizzyrea is broken
17:41 data_doctor We were able to search the datatables for the URLS, then fix the biblios
17:42 jcamins data_doctor: I think you're talking about a different issue.
17:42 data_doctor yes
17:42 wizzyrea ok, fnally got it to actually *work* sort of as described
17:42 wizzyrea to hide an itemtype
17:42 wizzyrea it's
17:43 wizzyrea itype: [code]
17:43 wizzyrea for pity's sake don't try to use the description
17:46 data_doctor We code them in 942c as item type Electronic Resource.
17:47 cait_______ joined #koha
17:48 wizzyrea seems logical. But you still wouldn't be able to see them on current master. :P
17:48 data_doctor sorry, i'll leave this one to you! off to lunch...
17:49 data_doctor we match the 942c to enable patron searches
17:49 data_doctor by match I mean map
17:49 data_doctor hope your bug works out!
17:50 jcamins Okay, I just broke the Javascript again.
17:50 jcamins -x or w/o -x, same problem.
17:54 jcamins Okay, found the problem.
17:54 jcamins (bug 7554)
17:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7554 normal, P3, ---, jcamins, NEW , Newlines break search paging
17:56 schuster has anyone had problems using Kyle Halls virtual image?  just wondering
17:56 kyle if anyone has, please let me know!
17:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6137 follow-up, moving new test to db_dependent directory <[…]87717fdb87ebca702> / Bug 6137: unit tests for C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch <[…]0f1484a64a7a12394> / Bug 6137: fix a Circulation bug. userenv null <
18:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #634 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:17 wizzyrea mailing lists?
18:17 wahanui mailing lists are at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
18:18 nengard left #koha
18:21 cait joined #koha
18:21 * cait waves
18:24 schuster jcamins - I'll work on this over the weekend!  Lots of testing to do.. :)
18:24 schuster I'm into the testing plan, but have a few other things I need to get done before I leave today.
18:25 jcamins :)
18:27 schuster I've got 1798 authority records loaded with see/see also's and regular headings(most of them from our Horizon system when we migrated) with 27524 bibs
18:27 jcamins That should be an excellent test. :)
18:28 schuster now if the kids will leave me alone - LOL......  Hopefully I can report happily on Monday!
18:28 * jcamins will look forward to it.
18:28 jcamins You should get them involved.
18:28 jcamins How old are they?
18:41 stuartyeates joined #koha
18:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #634: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/634/
18:51 jenkins_koha * dev_patches: Bug 6137: fix a Circulation bug. userenv null
18:51 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 6137: unit tests for C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch
18:51 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6137 follow-up, moving new test to db_dependent directory
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6137 trivial, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Fix a little bug when userenv is null
19:14 chris_n it appears that assumes it is being given utf-8 encoded records for consumption
19:14 jcamins chris_n: one of the many reasons not to use bulkmarcimport if at all possible.
19:15 * chris_n thinks that the staff client makes the same assumption
19:15 jcamins chris_n: I patched it so you can change encoding.
19:16 chris_n or at least assumes the records will be whatever it is told and makes no further attempts to verify
19:16 jcamins chris_n: yes.
19:16 chris_n does the fix actually verify the encoding of incoming data?
19:16 jcamins Nope.
19:16 cait jcamins: I think bulkmarcimport is different perhaps, than the staged marc import scripts we patched
19:16 jcamins cait: yes.
19:16 jcamins cait: that's why I avoid using it.
19:16 chris_n cait: yes
19:16 chris_n but it is probably easily fixed
19:16 cait yes, we don#t use it either
19:17 jcamins The staff client handles other encodings, bulkmarcimport does not.
19:17 cait the command line script for staged import does handle the encodings now too :)
19:17 jcamins Yup. :)
19:17 chris_n but nobody actually verifies the encoding of incoming data
19:18 chris_n and records do lie
19:18 jcamins Right.
19:18 jcamins chris_n: I think we concluded we didn't have any way to verify.
19:18 chris_n maybe not in a positive fashion
19:19 chris_n but we can validate UTF-8 and then deal with failures on an individual basis
19:19 jcamins I suppose so.
19:19 chris_n or just refuse to pollute the db with invalid encodings
19:19 jcamins chris_n++ # for dealing with encodings.
19:19 cait yes, brave
19:19 cait chris_n++
19:19 chris_n the problem I'm seeing is not really the quantity of bad encoding
19:19 chris_n but the few records that slip in unnoticed
19:19 chris_n and then screw things up
19:20 * chris_n does not know about everyone else
19:21 maximep when I search "mc-itype,phr:DIAPO" it returns items that have DISPO-SON in the 942c. Is that normal ?
19:21 cait yeah
19:21 cait - are treated as space
19:21 cait oh
19:21 cait DIAPO?
19:21 maximep is there a way to get exact result ?
19:22 cait or DISPO?
19:22 cait yes
19:22 cait don#t use - in your itemtype names
19:22 maximep DIAPO, sorry
19:22 cait and no _
19:22 maximep ok, thanks
19:22 cait there might be another, but probably harder
19:22 maximep well, looks like every item type the client has contains - and _
19:23 maximep :/
19:23 cait you might retest for _ but I htink they might have the same problem
19:24 cait jcamins: do you think it could be fixed to be an exact search?
19:28 maximep cait++ thanks for the help!
19:28 jcamins cait: you could try ,ext
19:29 cait jcamins: was for maximep
19:29 jcamins maximep: you could try ,ext
19:29 cait he has problems with itemtype codes containing _ and -
19:29 jcamins maximep: but better would be removing _ and -.
19:30 wizzyrea rangi++ for hunting down a bug on a saturday
19:30 rangi jcamins made me do it
19:30 maximep yeah ,ext works. Isn't there a way in the adv search to add ,ext ?
19:31 jcamins maximep: easily?
19:31 jcamins No.
19:31 maximep ok, thanks
19:32 jcamins maximep: it could probably done with an easily rebase-able patch.
19:32 jcamins Actually, that might not be a bad idea.
19:32 jcamins But you'll probably have to redo the indexing on 952s.
19:32 maximep well see if the clients wants it
20:11 tfaile joined #koha
20:11 rangi joined #koha
20:11 davi joined #koha
20:12 NateC joined #koha
20:12 oleonard joined #koha
20:12 ago43 joined #koha
20:12 kyle joined #koha
20:12 gmcharlt joined #koha
20:12 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.3 & 3.4.8 & 3.2.11 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 21 March at 18:00 UTC+0 | |
20:13 chris_n its friday wizzyrea ;-)
20:13 * wizzyrea struggles to see the significance
20:13 wizzyrea did I say I would do something?
20:13 wizzyrea >.<
20:13 chris_n I thought for a moment you had fixed a bug of mine
20:13 wizzyrea OH
20:13 wizzyrea ha
20:13 wizzyrea no, sorry
20:13 wizzyrea yes, it's friday
20:14 wizzyrea I don't even know where I pulled that bug number from
20:14 chris_n lol
20:14 wizzyrea thin air!
20:14 wizzyrea foof!
20:14 * chris_n goes back to encoding school
20:18 wizzyrea chris_n I've done it twice today, must be time to uh, slack off.
20:18 chris_n heh
20:18 chris_n or put on yet another pot of coffee
20:19 wizzyrea maybe coffee is the problem.
20:19 wizzyrea ^.^
20:19 * wizzyrea had a big one this morning, is positively vibrating
20:21 oleonard
20:25 rangi[…]c&feature=related
20:25 data_doctor We started a new program to give out free coffee to our patrons. Watch out Starbucks!
20:25 data_doctor Just for two hours a day...
20:26 data_doctor ...and it's kinda bitter...
20:26 rangi play some marley while you hand it out
20:26 rangi that will fix it
20:26 oleonard rangi: "This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" :P
20:27 data_doctor Yes! Maybe we can get some Blue Mountain roast.
20:28 wizzyrea data_doctor: bitter anything at the library? that never happens!
20:28 rangi stupid
20:28 * oleonard crosses off another YUI dependency in his jQueryUI branch
20:28 jcamins oleonard++
20:28 rangi you cant block bob marley
20:28 data_doctor I'm thinking "Keep on Movin'" from Natural Mystic.
20:29 rangi!/s/Po[…]tion/32ktHb?src=5
20:29 rangi oleonard: that work
20:29 wahanui that work is probably pretty complete now, i hope eythian and srdjan will get around to submitting a patch
20:29 jcamins_away What stuff?
20:29 wahanui stuff is working quite well... ... But not ready for production at the moment. or in xslt
20:39 * jcamins_away realizes it was wahanui that was hoping eythian and srdjan would submit a patch, not rangi.
20:39 jcamins_away Never mind.
20:45 chris_n encoding is a nasty mess
20:45 chris_n encoding?
20:45 wahanui i think encoding is in the MARC 100$a field
20:45 chris_n encoding is also a nasty mess
20:45 wahanui okay, chris_n.
20:45 chris_n encoding?
20:45 wahanui encoding is in the MARC 100$a field or a nasty mess
20:46 jcamins_away Encoding is not in the MARC 100$a field.
20:46 chris_n yet another lie
20:46 chris_n wahanui
20:46 wahanui yes, chris_n?
20:47 * chris_n wonders if that rhymes in sound like it does in sight
20:54 wizzyrea wahanui forget encoding
20:54 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot encoding
20:55 wizzyrea encoding is in the MARC 100$a field
20:55 wizzyrea encoding is also a nasty mess
20:55 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
20:55 wizzyrea encoding?
20:55 wahanui somebody said encoding was in the MARC 100$a field or a nasty mess
20:55 wizzyrea !botsnack wahanui
20:55 wizzyrea bleh I can make his memory however I want but I can't give him a snack.
20:55 wizzyrea at least I can remember the "important" things.
20:56 * cait giggles
20:56 cait wahanui botsnack cookie
20:56 wahanui thanks cait :)
20:56 cait !jenkins botsnack cookie
20:56 jenkins_koha cait: yummy! I really like that cookie
20:56 wizzyrea oh I see thar
20:56 cait !huginn botsnack sth
20:57 cait huginn botsnack sth
20:57 huginn cait: downloading the Perl source
20:57 cait huginn is not a foodie
20:57 huginn cait: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
20:57 oleonard huginn is all work and no play
20:57 huginn oleonard: downloading the Perl source
20:57 cait yep
20:59 wizzyrea well that's interesting
20:59 wizzyrea we had an instance
20:59 wizzyrea where the standard number for a video game pulled in amazon content that was spam
20:59 wizzyrea (the item was being sold by a 3rd party on amazon)
21:00 wizzyrea so the title notes had spam selling fish oil supplements
21:00 wizzyrea removing the number got rid of the notes (of course)
21:04 chris_n hmm... it appears that MARC::Record may not handle UTF-8 correctly
21:04 chris_n but that's really because encode() may be messing with the chars when it is asked to decode UTF-8 as UTF-8
21:05 chris_n time to go, bbl
21:05 wizzyrea the first question?
21:05 wahanui it has been said that the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
21:30 chris_n well
21:30 chris_n I'm still trying to answer the first question
21:31 chris_n actually, I'm trying to figure out how to make Koha more encoding smart
21:31 luisb joined #koha
21:32 oleonard Happy weekend #koha
21:33 cait night #koha
21:33 cait left #koha
21:38 maximep beers friday at work... it's fun, but can't say i'm doing good code right now -_-
21:38 maximep well, working on bas hscripts, so it won't ever be good code
21:41 Soupermanito joined #koha
22:50 maximep left #koha
23:00 edveal left #koha
23:15 wizzyrea so quiet this afternoon.
23:15 wizzyrea oh! it's 5!
23:15 * wizzyrea missed that

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary