IRC log for #koha, 2012-01-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 sekjal left #koha
00:04 Irma joined #koha
00:11 BobB @seen mtj
00:11 huginn BobB: mtj was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 38 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <mtj> nice new logo brendan
00:17 Soupermanito joined #koha
00:22 mtj here now BobB  :
00:38 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
01:02 Irma left #koha
01:03 Irma joined #koha
01:14 Kate left #koha
01:27 jcamins_away Does anyone know anything about field 001 being required by Koha?
01:28 jcamins_away As far as I knew it was not.
01:34 chris_n @rangi
01:34 huginn chris_n: I suck
01:34 chris_n @seen rangi
01:34 huginn chris_n: rangi was last seen in #koha 2 days, 7 hours, 57 minutes, and 5 seconds ago: <rangi> but chrisdothall and the academy students should have more stuff to show by the end of the day :)
01:47 _Bart___ left #koha
02:05 Johnindy left #koha
02:07 Kate joined #koha
02:07 _Bart___ joined #koha
02:08 _Bart___ left #koha
02:08 jorgia left #koha
02:09 Kate left #koha
02:22 trea joined #koha
02:30 cul_away left #koha
02:40 Irma left #koha
02:40 edveal-away joined #koha
02:46 trea left #koha
02:47 trea joined #koha
02:55 ago43 left #koha
03:33 AmitG joined #koha
03:34 aleksa left #koha
03:36 AmitG hyea bag
04:02 kathryn left #koha
04:05 trea left #koha
04:19 Soupermanito left #koha
04:48 ibeardslee chrisdothall: Do you know if the Academy students managed to sort the search results for the andriod app?
04:48 ibeardslee rangi: ^^?
04:48 wahanui i guess ^^ is always wizzyrea's concern, weird stuff could happen
04:51 cait joined #koha
04:53 cait hi #koh
04:53 cait a
05:00 ibeardslee hi cai
05:00 ibeardslee t
05:00 cait heh :)
05:11 trea joined #koha
05:32 Irma joined #koha
05:43 kmkale joined #koha
05:50 Sandra2012 joined #koha
05:50 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
05:50 Sandra2012 left #koha
05:52 cait left #koha
05:54 Sandra2012 joined #koha
05:54 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
05:54 Sandra2012 left #koha
05:56 trea left #koha
05:58 Sandra2012 joined #koha
05:58 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
05:58 Sandra2012 left #koha
06:01 ibeardslee 1233488888888888888888888888888
06:01 ibeardslee gah
06:01 ibeardslee stoopid lag
06:01 Sandra2012 joined #koha
06:01 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
06:01 Sandra2012 left #koha
06:05 Sandra2012 joined #koha
06:05 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
06:05 Sandra2012 left #koha
06:09 Sandra2012 joined #koha
06:09 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
06:09 Sandra2012 left #koha
06:13 Sandra2012 joined #koha
06:13 Sandra2012 Come chat with me guys..
06:13 Sandra2012 left #koha
06:15 cait joined #koha
06:55 laurence joined #koha
07:03 AmitG heya cait :D
07:03 cait hi amitg
07:18 cait left #koha
07:29 reiveune joined #koha
07:29 reiveune hello
07:47 sophie_m joined #koha
07:50 Guillaume1 joined #koha
07:52 sophie_m hi #koha
07:58 kf joined #koha
07:58 kf hi #kha
07:58 kf hi #koha
07:58 kf is now known as kf_mtg
07:59 alex_a hi kf_mtg
08:00 kf_mtg hi alex_a
08:02 matts_away is now known as matts
08:06 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
08:07 magnuse good morning #koha!
08:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:14 gaetan_B hello
08:14 wahanui hey, gaetan_B
08:14 gaetan_B :)
08:24 kmkale left #koha
08:28 hdl joined #koha
08:44 paul_p joined #koha
08:46 paul_p good morning world
08:47 julian_m joined #koha
08:48 julian_m_ joined #koha
08:49 julian_m_ hi
08:49 wahanui privet, julian_m_
08:55 julian_m left #koha
09:25 asaurat joined #koha
09:27 kf_mtg is now known as kf
09:27 kf back :)
09:44 * paul_p head to see his banker, see you in 2 hours or something like that !
09:45 kf bye paul_p
09:57 paul_p left #koha
10:06 Guillaume1 left #koha
10:12 AmitG heya gaetan_B, paul_p
10:13 gaetan_B hi AmitG :)
10:15 cul_away joined #koha
10:30 cul_away is now known as Culiforge
10:36 Culiforge while studying the documentation I see in administration\system prefs\admin pref\login options\timeout; 120000000 ms of inactivity before auto logout. it states that both staff client and opac must be the same (... at this time... ) does that mean a) there is another setting for the opac somewhere or b) that they are inherently linked and this setting controls them both? Also, is there a 'null' value accepted in this field for a 'no timeout
10:40 Guillaume1 joined #koha
10:55 hdl Culiforge: a) nope. b) yep. ... Also : No... And you should NOT consider this as an option.
10:57 hdl Culiforge: just a simple aspect : sessions table is shared by OPAC and intranet, and since ggl is crawling your OPAC, you will have TONS of sesssions. I think you will want to clean it up once in a while.
10:57 Culiforge I was considering 'null' only for as long as I am local on my own system.. once live it would revert to default.
10:58 Culiforge I don't understand... clean what up and how?
11:08 hdl there is a script
11:10 Culiforge I apologize.. I have military, medical, computer and hospitality backgrounds and therefore I get acronyms confused at time.. what is ggl?
11:10 kf google I think :)
11:10 Culiforge that's what I was thinking.. thanks kf
11:12 Culiforge just wanted to clarify
11:14 * magnuse wonders if ggl means anything interesting in those other contexts :-)
11:15 magnuse @wunder boo
11:15 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -2.0�C (11:50 AM CET on January 20, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: -9.0�C. Windchill: -9.0�C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Steady).
11:15 magnuse windchill--
11:15 Culiforge magnuse: one never knows...
11:18 Culiforge magnuse: btw.. thanks for advice the other day, I now have my koha up and seemingly working fine. currently scouring documentation to learn all the doodads
11:18 magnuse yay!
11:18 magnuse Culiforge++
11:18 Culiforge <-- so exciting!!!\
11:18 magnuse ...and there are quite a lot of doodads :-)
11:19 Culiforge indeed
11:20 magnuse i think it must be roughly 4 years since i did my first install and there are still things i have barely looked at (like labels)
11:23 * magnuse wanders off in search of lunch
11:23 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
11:23 Culiforge @wunder
11:23 huginn Culiforge: (wunder <US zip code | US/Canada city, state | Foreign city, country>) -- Returns the approximate weather conditions for a given city.
11:24 Culiforge @wunder 49037
11:24 huginn Culiforge: The current temperature in Battle Creek, Michigan is -14.0�C (5:53 AM EST on January 20, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: -17.0�C. Windchill: -20.0�C. Pressure: 30.25 in 1024 hPa (Falling). Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 7 am EST Saturday...
11:27 kf is now known as kf_lunch
11:31 matts is now known as matts_away
11:58 AmitG left #koha
12:10 kf_lunch is now known as kf
12:10 jwagner joined #koha
12:24 Barrc joined #koha
12:26 Barrc /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/blib/MISC_DIR
12:26 Barrc Anyone know it's purpose?
12:35 Culiforge this is what I know of it... not misc_dir directly.. but things under this tree. * /usr/share/koha -- shared files (HTML templates, Perl code, etc)
12:35 Culiforge this is from the readme.debian file
12:42 Barrc um, I only see translator under my MISC_DIR
12:42 Barrc Looks like it is a replicate of /usr/share/koha/misc
12:42 Barrc maybe copied during install....
12:43 Barrc anyway - thanks. Setting up an rysnc server for multiple koha sites and trying to get rid of excess weight!
12:49 hdl1 joined #koha
12:50 paul_p joined #koha
12:50 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:51 kf wb paul_p
12:53 nengard joined #koha
12:53 paul_p left #koha
12:53 paul_p_ left #koha
12:54 hdl left #koha
12:54 paul_p joined #koha
12:54 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:55 Culiforge is now known as cul_afk
12:57 paul_p_ left #koha
12:57 paul_p left #koha
12:57 paul_p joined #koha
12:57 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:58 cul_afk left #koha
12:59 paul_p left #koha
12:59 paul_p_ left #koha
13:02 paul_p joined #koha
13:05 matts_away is now known as matts
13:17 oleonard joined #koha
13:17 jcamins_away Good morning, oleonard.
13:17 jcamins_away I was just thinking of you.
13:18 jcamins_away As the resident Javascript expert, do you like the jQuery Autocomplete plugin for autocomplete or the YUI autocomplete?
13:19 kf hi jcamins_away :)
13:20 jcamins_away Hi kf.
13:20 Barrc left #koha
13:20 oleonard I have tinkered with the YUI version but never built one from scratch. In general though I find jQueryUI much easier to work with.
13:21 oleonard Hence Bug 5481
13:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5481 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace YUI JS libraries with Jquery UI
13:21 jcamins_away Excellent. We'll use that.
13:23 druthb joined #koha
13:23 druthb o/.
13:23 jcamins_away oleonard: That's what I figured, but I wanted to ask you.
13:24 oleonard Hi druthb
13:25 * oleonard hopes we'll make more use of autocomplete after jQueryUI is our standard
13:26 kf any news on the missing menu library?
13:27 oleonard No. It seems from the planning wiki that work is being done, but I guess it is slow
13:28 * oleonard should do more testing with what they have so far
13:29 kf do you have the link to the wiki at hand?
13:31 edveal-away SIP question. Does the sip system use the card# or the user name?
13:32 kf cardnumber
13:32 wahanui somebody said cardnumber was passed in with the call to
13:32 kf username is only used for the opac login afaik
13:32 kf cardnumber + password for authentification at the sip station
13:33 edveal-away Thanks
13:33 oleonard
13:37 jcamins_away I bet jQuery has a tabber, too.
13:39 kf last edited     by Kris Borchers 1 week ago < not too long ago *hope*
13:40 ago43 joined #koha
13:40 mbalmer joined #koha
13:40 jwagner left #koha
13:40 mbalmer left #koha
13:41 jcamins_away Hm. I think maybe we'll switch everything to jQueryUI.
13:42 kf I thought that was the plan?
13:43 jcamins_away kf: for a non-Koha project.
13:43 jcamins_away kf: since oleonard is an expert, I figured I'd ask him even though the question is only tangentially related to Koha.
13:51 kf non-koha projects? ts:)
13:54 oleonard I heard of a non-Koha project once, but I forget what it was.
14:03 jwagner joined #koha
14:03 edveal-away left #koha
14:13 oleonard jQuery UI button toolbar with default style and icons:
14:16 kf oleonard++ :)
14:16 kf oh
14:16 kf nice
14:17 paul_p oleonard, I think i'll organize a working group during hackfest about design ;-) (there are 4 ppl at BibLibre that have said they would be interested by this topic...)
14:18 * oleonard would happily join
14:19 kf me too :)
14:20 sekjal joined #koha
14:21 paul_p oleonard, I wan't planning to have you joining the group. I was planning to have you managing the group :D :D
14:24 trea joined #koha
14:24 kf paul_p: I got it :)
14:28 chris_n @later tell Barrc everything under blib can be safely ignored in your rsync; they are just a staging area for the install process
14:28 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
14:28 magnus_afk sekjal: any luck with bug 7445
14:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7445 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
14:29 magnus_afk ?
14:29 sekjal magnus_afk:  not yet
14:29 * oleonard would be happy if someone took that assignment away from him
14:29 magnus_afk sekjal: nassssty bugses!
14:29 sekjal it's not clear why the browser language isn't being properly split and parsed...
14:30 magnus_afk yeah, that's another part of it
14:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #598 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:30 kf chris_n: I made a bug - hope it explains. so far no other problems found in 3.6.3
14:31 * chris_n thinks "I made a bug" might should be "I fixed a bug" ;-)
14:31 kf only  aprt of it
14:31 kf I was not sure how to check the variable correctly
14:31 kf I tried differnet things, but it seemed not 'the right way to do it'
14:32 chris_n englishism suspected in my last comment
14:32 kf we should check for expirydate = NULL or ''
14:32 kf lol
14:32 chris_n probably check for undef
14:33 chris_n but I'd guess that dbi returns empty fields as ''
14:34 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Update CircAutoPrintQuickSlip description <[…]2c4b83a05e09c7c01> / Bug 6694: Problem with casAuthentication syspref <[…]a2b4d9d1456d2c84c> / BZ6115: Acquisition reports : date filter & sorting don't work <[…]?p=koha.git;a=com
14:34 paul_p_ joined #koha
14:36 paul_p_ left #koha
14:58 hdl1 left #koha
15:03 maximep joined #koha
15:12 vfernandes joined #koha
15:13 vfernandes hi guys
15:13 hdl joined #koha
15:14 vfernandes can you help with one thing? i have the suppression working fine in the Koha... records suppressed does not appears in the OPAC but when I do a Google search the record is appearing
15:14 vfernandes[…]-a&hs=aqb&rls=org.mozilla:pt-PT%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=india+esp​lendor+intemporal&pbx=1&oq=india+esplendor+inte​mporal&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4712l8527l​1l8734l11l11l0l0l0l0l567l3359l0.
15:15 vfernandes the first link that appears to me redirects to the OPAC and to one record that is suppressed and doesn't appears in the OPAC searches
15:16 magnus_afk hm, looks like the suppression thing is only hiding records from search, then, and not hiding them completely from being viewed
15:17 vfernandes that's what Koha suppression does
15:17 vfernandes can I block the google robot?
15:21 kf I think you can block it totally
15:21 kf using a robots.txt file
15:22 vfernandes can you givve me more info kf?
15:22 kf a robot.txt file is to be read by search engines
15:22 kf and can tell them to not index
15:22 kf it's not a koha specific thing
15:22 magnus_afk
15:23 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #598: UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/598/
15:23 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5347: Adds columns claims_count and claimed_date in aqorders
15:23 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5347: Followup Adds columns claims_count and claimed_date in aqorders
15:23 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5347: Follow up - Fix warnings, check/uncheck all and makes error message translatable
15:23 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5347: Set translatable the "no email" error
15:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , late order management
15:23 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5347: Followup change class for message + Unit test
15:23 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Koha version updated
15:23 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: BZ6115: Acquisition reports : date filter & sorting don't work
15:23 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 6694: Problem with casAuthentication syspref
15:23 jenkins_koha * nengard: Update CircAutoPrintQuickSlip description
15:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6694 normal, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Anonymous sessions not kept when casAuthentication is on
15:24 vfernandes ok... thanks kf and magnus
15:24 magnus_afk koha has a README about it:[…]4b187991d;hb=HEAD
15:25 kf oh no
15:25 kf unstable again
15:29 kf left #koha
15:29 * wizzyrea waves
15:29 * magnus_afk waves
15:29 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
15:31 vfernandes left #koha
15:38 Barrc joined #koha
15:39 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
15:39 jcamins Hello again, #koha.
15:39 magnuse hiya jcamins
15:40 vfernandes joined #koha
15:41 vfernandes i've already add the robots.txt to my Koha... but the Google cache still has the link :/
15:42 magnuse yeah, it will take some time for them to see the robots.txt and remove indexed pages from their index - not quite shure how or how fast that works
15:44 sekjal kf: I think the instability is coming from "Bug 5347: Adds columns claims_count and claimed_date in aqorders"
15:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , late order management
15:44 paul_p don't worry for jenkins being unstable, I bet it's because of the test database
15:44 paul_p i've sent a mail to chris
15:44 nengard can anyone tell me where the invoice number is stored when you receive an order in acq - it's not booksellerinvoicenumber
15:44 paul_p a test is failing, on my test DB it's not
15:44 vfernandes that's boring lol which is the correct locating to put the robots.txt?
15:45 paul_p vfernandes, your document root ?
15:45 paul_p koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/ iirc
15:45 nengard wait - it is but in aqorders not aqbasket ? okay
15:46 vfernandes my koha is installed in the directory /opt/koha/... i've putted the robots.txt in the folder /opt/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/
15:46 wahanui Hmm.  No matches for that, vfernandes.
15:48 vfernandes wahanui: what?
15:48 wahanui vfernandes: i don't know
15:48 jcamins vfernandes: look in your koha-httpd.conf file if you're not sure.
15:48 oleonard vfernandes: wahanui is a bot, you can ignore him
15:48 vfernandes ok :)
15:49 jcamins ignore wahanui?!?
15:49 vfernandes paul_p is my robots.txt in the correct place?
15:50 nengard budget_expend isn't populated in the db ? so how do i get the amount spent against a budget in a mysql report?
15:52 magnuse vfernandes: this looks good: http://catalogo.biblioteca.isc[…]
15:52 magnuse (i think that is your server from the link you pasted earlier)
15:52 jcamins Is it safe to say that authids will always be positive numbers?
15:53 vfernandes yes it is paul_p... thanks for the help :)
15:54 wizzyrea paul_p: if you lmk what needs to go in the DB I'll update my test db that's available on bugzilla
15:54 wizzyrea actually I want to do some other things to it anyway
15:54 paul_p wizzyrea, lmk ?
15:54 wizzyrea let me know
15:54 jcamins let me know
15:54 wizzyrea sorry, internet
15:54 wizzyrea speeks
15:55 wizzyrea ;)
15:55 wizzyrea internet speak
15:55 * wizzyrea stops now.
15:55 magnuse lol
15:56 * oleonard wouldn't have gotten "lmk" either
15:56 jwagner left #koha
15:56 wizzyrea O.O
15:56 wizzyrea surely that can't be a wizzy-ism
15:57 * magnuse got it, for once
15:57 wizzyrea ping gmcharlt - is the user/pass on your demo still "demo/demo"
15:57 * jcamins had never heard it before, but it sounded like something that wizzyrea would use to mean "let me know."
15:57 wizzyrea haha
16:00 wizzyrea oh bother
16:01 wizzyrea gmcharlt is on the way to dallas
16:01 wizzyrea hrmph.
16:01 * wizzyrea forgot
16:01 jcamins magnuse has a demo.
16:01 wizzyrea I was headed there next!
16:01 magnuse yay!
16:01 wizzyrea normarc tho
16:01 jcamins That's very similar to NORMARC, just in Norwegian.
16:01 jcamins *MARC21
16:01 jcamins It *is* NORMARC.
16:01 wizzyrea hmm
16:02 jcamins What are you trying to test?
16:02 magnuse jcamins: hehe
16:02 magnuse normarc is mostly a subset of marc21
16:02 wizzyrea well what I wanted, was bibs/items that had items with branches that matched my test system
16:02 magnuse and saying mostly makes me sad... #marcmustdie
16:02 wizzyrea so I could erm, appropriate them >.>
16:03 wizzyrea for my test system!
16:03 jcamins magnuse: why didn't Norway just adopt MARC21 entirely?
16:03 chris_n appropriate?
16:04 magnuse well, if it were up to me...
16:04 wizzyrea acquire, bogart
16:04 jcamins chris_n: did you think wizzyrea was going to return them when she was done? ;)
16:04 magnuse i'm beginning to think proprieatry vendors are behind it, to keep out the competition
16:04 chris_n appropriate is to acquire through some means
16:04 wizzyrea copythemtomakethemmyownohpleasedontbemad
16:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5473 follow-up : removed warn & replace some tabs by 4 spaces <[…]277e3c936ec02ab6e> / bug_5473: Update items when receiving shipments <[…]4fbd3f68d4709c6a3>
16:04 oleonard purloin, fetch, snatch, pinch
16:05 chris_n appropriate?
16:05 wahanui rumour has it appropriate is to acquire through some means
16:05 wizzyrea that is what I meant!
16:05 Guillaume1 left #koha
16:05 chris_n appropriate is also tocopythemtomakethemmyownohpleasedontbemad
16:05 wahanui okay, chris_n.
16:05 chris_n appropriate?
16:05 wahanui appropriate is to acquire through some means or tocopythemtomakethemmyownohpleasedontbemad
16:05 * wizzyrea hopes that made you laugh.
16:05 jcamins yoink, annex, hijack, liberate, swipe
16:06 wizzyrea liberate
16:06 wizzyrea that is what I'm doing
16:06 wizzyrea they want to be freeeee
16:06 magnuse liberate++
16:06 jcamins Kind of like kittens.
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 wizzyrea yoink is one of my favorite words
16:07 reiveune left #koha
16:07 jcamins And the moment they get free, they will freeze and mew in an adorable fashion while trying to get back to where they were before they escaped.
16:07 magnuse jcamins: what sets normarc apart is a very few fields related to music, and some more fine-grained code for audience somewhere in 007 or 008 or thereabouts - but who uses that anyway?!? and how come the rest of the world can do without it?!?
16:07 magnuse (that's my nderstanding anyway)
16:08 jcamins Seems to me that MARC21 could probably use those.
16:09 jcamins We should lead a movement to integrate NORMARC and MARC21.
16:09 wizzyrea we could call it normalrc
16:09 wizzyrea NORMARLRC
16:09 wizzyrea which is amusingly hard to say
16:10 jcamins normalrc is also funny.
16:10 oleonard Needs more Rs.
16:10 wizzyrea NORMALRC is what I meant I think
16:11 * magnuse would rather inspire a movement to get rid of the whole mess
16:11 magnuse and i guess that is under way too
16:11 magnuse but i must confess i have not actually been reading the messages on the BIBFRAME list...
16:11 jcamins Getting rid of the whole mess would be great, too.
16:12 jcamins But I will drink champagne to celebrate it only after it's *gone*.
16:12 magnuse yeah, let's not hold our breath
16:12 jcamins Well, actually, I don't like champagne.
16:12 wizzyrea mimosas then
16:13 wizzyrea who doesn't like alcoholic bubbly oj
16:13 * magnuse neither
16:13 wizzyrea !
16:13 jcamins No, the problem is actually the bubbles.
16:13 magnuse for me it's the taste...
16:14 * oleonard isn't crazy about champagne either, but is probably always handed the cheap stuff
16:14 jcamins I don't know what champagne tastes like, so I can't comment on that.
16:14 rhcl jcamins:
16:14 wizzyrea I like it. :P
16:15 jenkins_koha Starting build #599 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #597 23 h ago)
16:15 jcamins Ooooh.
16:16 matts is now known as matts_away
16:16 wizzyrea ooo magnuse I approve of your test records.
16:16 magnuse lessig?
16:16 wizzyrea crazy characters and right to left languages
16:17 * oleonard has success with jqueryui buttons, jqueryui menus, but not jqueryui buttons+menus
16:17 magnuse ah, not me who added all of that - no idea where the indian(?)-looking ones came from ;-)
16:17 wizzyrea and lessig :P
16:17 wizzyrea YES. That is awesome.
16:17 wizzyrea perfect.
16:17 * wizzyrea holds tight to this record set and never lets it go ever ever.
16:18 magnuse yay!
16:18 jcamins Goodness.
16:19 * jcamins has no idea which language that is.
16:19 jcamins magnuse: some weirdness with the OPAC.
16:20 magnuse so a library wants to add an index to the search fields dropdowns in the intranet search (catalogue/ - how would y'all do that? jquery? hack the template (that's what i have done so far)?  do a bug to make that whole list configurable?
16:20 magnuse jcamins: whatcha thinking 'bout?
16:20 wizzyrea is there not one for that on the jquery library
16:20 wizzyrea jquery library?
16:20 wahanui jquery library is, like, found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
16:20 jcamins There's a bar "Normal View, MARC View, ISBD View" then there's a bar "Normal visning, MARC-visning, Utvidet MARC-visning, Kortvisning (ISBD)."
16:20 jcamins magnuse: I'd use jQuery.
16:20 alex_a left #koha
16:21 wizzyrea[…]_searches_to_OPAC
16:21 wizzyrea oh look who wrote that :P
16:21 jcamins Yup.
16:21 * wizzyrea points at jcamins
16:21 jcamins C'est moi, c'est moi, I am forced to admit.
16:22 jcamins magnuse: $('select.advsearch')
16:22 magnuse jcamins: ah yeah, i need to figure out why there are two sets of tabs...
16:22 wizzyrea oh edveal - weren't you asking about something like this the other day?[…]ged_into_the_OPAC
16:22 wizzyrea something about only when people were logged in
16:23 * wizzyrea pokes through the library - some new stuff!
16:24 magnuse gah, i thought i had looked at the library... thanks folks! now i must see if i can insert a new index exactly where i want it...
16:25 sekjal crazy idea:  what if we put the jQuery and SQL "libraries" into an Integrated Library System, and made them searchable?
16:25 sekjal we could use Evergreen
16:25 * paul_p working on test/QA of 5549 ... will probably be the longest comment ever !!!
16:25 julian_m_ left #koha
16:25 * wizzyrea does a double take
16:26 wizzyrea paul_p: I'm also almost done with 7001
16:26 jcamins bug 5549
16:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, ian.walls, Signed Off , Hourly Loans
16:26 oleonard Okay, toolbar button menus working fairly well:
16:26 paul_p MANY QA comments !
16:26 wizzyrea bug 7001
16:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , User Configurable Slips
16:26 jcamins sekjal: why would we use Evergreen?
16:26 sekjal jcamins:  well, I heard it's free
16:27 * wizzyrea giggles
16:27 jcamins sekjal: I've heard of this thing called Koha that might be free, too.
16:27 wizzyrea I hear there's another FOSS ILS
16:27 magnuse oleonard: beautiful! is that a "moving to jquery (ui)" thing?
16:27 wizzyrea their community is pretty awesome, you should check it out
16:27 oleonard magnuse: Yes
16:27 magnuse cool!
16:27 * sekjal stops himself from saying something really dumb just to continue this joke
16:27 wizzyrea oleonard: that is so pretty
16:27 jcamins Or do you mean Greenstone?
16:28 * jcamins took you seriously.
16:28 jcamins Whoops.
16:28 rhcl their recommended computer architecture for a large array is pretty high-level stuff
16:28 magnuse one word: kete
16:28 sekjal I so very much want to set up
16:28 * oleonard was scolded in the #jquery channel for using pre-release code
16:29 wizzyrea you said "Then release it already!"
16:29 oleonard I should have.
16:29 wizzyrea there's still time!
16:29 oleonard I'm curious whether some of the less polished aspects of it are bugs or just defaults.
16:30 oleonard For instance: triggering a second menu doesn't automatically close the first
16:30 gaetan_B left #koha
16:30 wizzyrea hrmm
16:30 oleonard Clicking the menu button a second time doesn't close the menu. Stuff I'm used to from the YUI version
16:30 wizzyrea what would we keep in our koha kete?
16:31 wizzyrea that's a lot of k's
16:31 magnuse sekjal: what's stopping you?  ;-)
16:31 sekjal sekjal:  only a lack of time
16:32 magnuse ah, sounds somewhat familiar ;-)
16:32 sekjal and, having never installed kete before, it may take me quite a while
16:33 magnuse took me about a day when i tried, might take you shorter, though
16:34 magnuse they should hire some wonderful finn to make packages for debian :-)
16:34 collum joined #koha
16:35 wizzyrea and kete is. challenging.
16:35 wizzyrea iom
16:35 wizzyrea imo
16:36 asaurat left #koha
16:37 asaurat joined #koha
16:39 paul_p pfiou (frenchism) 5549 commented...
16:39 paul_p next on my list is 6210
16:40 paul_p next on my list is bug 6210
16:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6210 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Choose framework on Merge
16:41 jcamins paul_p++
16:43 paul_p git question: what's the opposite of "git add blabla" ?
16:43 jcamins paul_p: incidentally, the spelling in English is "phew," but it's pronounced "pfiou."
16:43 jcamins git reset blabla
16:43 jcamins That will leave the changes in the working tree.
16:43 jcamins git reset --hard blabla will remove the changes entirely.
16:44 * paul_p sometimes search for something I already knows... but in a different situation !
16:47 wizzyrea does koha have a mechanism for showing certain bibs only to logged in users (opac)
16:48 wizzyrea if not - that would be neat
16:48 magnuse i don't think so
16:48 wizzyrea i can think of lots of uses for that
16:48 jcamins That would be really to implement if we used TT plugins.
16:48 jcamins *really easy
16:49 magnuse i had a library that was intersted in koha about a year back that was interested in that, but it did not exist at the time
16:49 wizzyrea explain.
16:49 jcamins Very difficult otherwise.
16:49 jcamins It's simple. Prior to display you filter the data through a plugin that decides whether or not the record should be shown to the given user.
16:49 wizzyrea (I saw this and thought "wonder how this could work with Koha"[…]aign=iti+roundup)
16:49 jcamins If it should, pass the record on.
16:50 * wizzyrea wonders about performance
16:50 jcamins If not, display a warning that the user can't view the record.
16:50 jcamins (or silently remove it from search results)
16:50 wizzyrea or show the result but "you must log in to see this"
16:50 jcamins Right.
16:51 jcamins What exactly would be the use of video.js?
16:51 magnuse yeah, two variants: hide completely or say "log in to view"
16:51 wizzyrea well - what if a library had subscribed digital content
16:51 wizzyrea only available to their patrons
16:52 * wizzyrea is not aware of any service that currently expects the *library* to protect their own files
16:52 magnuse if you only showed it to logged in users you could do referer-based authentication - cool
16:52 wizzyrea but - it could happen
16:52 wizzyrea ^^ yes, that as well
16:52 wizzyrea we already do that with our ks ez library
16:52 wizzyrea we show a link to logged in users to create their account with ez library
16:52 * jcamins can't really see it happening, actually.
16:53 wizzyrea ez library assumes that because it came from our site that the user is allowed to create an account
16:53 jcamins These services want to force you to use their platforms so that they get all the juicy analytics.
16:53 wizzyrea jcamins: I'm thinking on the edge of the box really
16:53 jcamins And for greater control.
16:53 wizzyrea right - but what if
16:54 jcamins wizzyrea: I'm all for it, just commenting that it doesn't seem particularly probable.
16:54 wizzyrea what if there were a company that only provided content
16:54 * wizzyrea suspects it would never happen
16:54 wizzyrea it would more likely
16:54 wizzyrea be something like an academic institution
16:54 wizzyrea with home grown content
16:55 wizzyrea but then they would just use a LMS
16:55 wizzyrea learning management system (like moodle)
16:56 laurence left #koha
16:56 wizzyrea and use that method - unless it was a seamless referrer auth to let students in from the library.
16:56 * wizzyrea talks crazy talk
16:56 jcamins Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh​hhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16:56 * jcamins had an idea!
16:56 jcamins An exciting idea!
16:56 wizzyrea without requiring them to log into the LMS
16:56 jcamins sekjal will like this idea.
16:56 paul_p left #koha
16:56 jcamins Okay, maybe not that exciting.
16:56 jcamins Anyway, sekjal will like it: use video.js to embed the video player into Koha for your home video library.
16:57 jcamins If it were homegrown content, there wouldn't be any reason to use an LMS.
16:57 jcamins The LMS is important for things being used under fair use.
16:57 jcamins Or, uses being defended under fair use.
16:57 jcamins Kete would make more sense here.
16:57 wizzyrea yay, I think you are picking up what I'm putting down
16:58 wizzyrea well it might make more sense as a storage facility for sure
16:58 wizzyrea but for cataloging them - koha is way better.
16:58 wizzyrea imo
16:58 jcamins Here's the practical issue I see: do people really want their videos embedded into their library catalog?
16:58 Soupermanito joined #koha
16:58 wizzyrea or even to show the *link* to the content
16:59 wizzyrea it doesn't have to be kept in koha
16:59 jcamins Sorry, I was on video.js.
16:59 wizzyrea the video.js thing - that is what made me think about bib details we only show to logged in users
16:59 wizzyrea but it may not be actually relevant
16:59 jcamins I see lots of uses for showing things only to logged in users.
17:00 wizzyrea though koha can talk to kete through z39.50
17:00 * wizzyrea has never tried to pull a record from a kete into koha
17:00 wizzyrea might be a fun experiment.
17:01 Barrc Is anyone running Koha in a VPS environment - specifically on Xen?
17:01 wizzyrea i think equinox does? but gmcharlt is conferencing
17:02 Barrc Some strange memory issues killing the boxes!
17:02 sophie_m left #koha
17:02 jcamins Barrc: Rackspace uses Xen, so ByWater does too.
17:03 asaurat left #koha
17:03 jcamins Unless ByWater is no longer using rackspace, which I suppose is possible.
17:03 * wizzyrea is pretty sure they use rackspace still
17:04 Barrc Right - I wonder if they have configured Apache and/or MySQL for memory utilisation.......
17:04 * wizzyrea is sure they have
17:04 wizzyrea the first question?
17:04 wahanui i heard the first question was "What are you trying to do?"
17:04 wizzyrea the second question is "What is the exact error message?"
17:05 jcamins second question?
17:05 wahanui second question is "What is the exact error message?"
17:05 Barrc wahanui: trying to stop Apache and/or MySQL bringing the VPS down!
17:05 wahanui Barrc: sorry...
17:05 jcamins Barrc: wahanui is a bot.
17:05 Barrc Huh!?
17:05 jcamins Barrc: lower the Apache maxclients setting.
17:06 wizzyrea the third question is "What version of Koha are you using?
17:06 Barrc yep, tried most of the usual stuff..
17:06 wizzyrea forget the third question
17:06 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot third question
17:06 wizzyrea the third question is "What version of Koha are you using?"
17:06 jcamins Barrc: I'm out of ideas, then.
17:06 wizzyrea Barrc: how much memory have you got in this thing?
17:06 wizzyrea and how many libraries/concurrent users?
17:06 jcamins And how many records in the database?
17:07 Barrc It's actually multiple sites across multi VPS, they are all hitting the same problem
17:07 Barrc Mem ranging from 512k to 2GB for tiny to midsized sites
17:07 Barrc from 750 bibs to 500k
17:07 wizzyrea 500k on 2gb?
17:08 jcamins That's a bit small.
17:08 * wizzyrea has 8GB for just under 800k
17:08 wizzyrea and that seems adequate
17:08 jcamins Well, a lot small.
17:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #599: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/599/
17:08 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_5473: Update items when receiving shipments
17:08 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 5473 follow-up : removed warn & replace some tabs by 4 spaces
17:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5473 normal, P2, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , 952 fields should be filled in by Acquisitions
17:08 magnuse wizzyrea and jcamins thanks for nudging me in the direction of jquery - here's my solution:[…]rches_to_Intranet
17:08 Barrc wizzyrea: yeah - benchmarked reasonably good - 8GB, really -  have you seen it swallow that?
17:08 * maximep has 5GB for up to 240k
17:08 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, but you have MySQL and Apache on two different machines.
17:09 jcamins magnuse: yay!
17:09 wizzyrea yea, there are 8GB on both now.
17:09 jcamins wizzyrea: so really you have 16GB.
17:09 wizzyrea because 4 wasn't cutting it on apache.
17:09 Barrc What sort of hits are you getting?
17:09 Barrc client/staff wise
17:09 jcamins Barrc: you might want to split the MySQL and Apache parts.
17:10 wizzyrea a valid question
17:10 wizzyrea one moment
17:10 rhcl wizzyrea: is the Koha app on the apache machiine
17:10 rhcl ?
17:10 wizzyrea i'll get you an idea
17:10 wizzyrea yes
17:10 wizzyrea real numbers in a sec
17:10 wizzyrea but I have 40 libraries
17:10 Barrc 40 libraries (branches) on the one Koha DB or 40 Koha DBs on the one back (MySQL)
17:10 jcamins rhcl: right. Apache, Zebra, and SIP on one, MySQL on the other.
17:11 wizzyrea 40 in one db
17:11 wizzyrea 410k bibs, 906k items
17:11 wizzyrea 117k borrowers
17:11 wizzyrea now, hits
17:13 wizzyrea the OPAC
17:13 wahanui the opac is for patrons
17:13 Barrc OK, that is hefty. Most of our sites are single branches with 2-5 users and less than 1000 borrowers, hence the small spec!
17:13 wizzyrea had 11k hits last month
17:13 wizzyrea which is middling
17:15 Barrc wondering now if I have under-spec'd things a little!
17:16 rhcl Barrc: are you running each library in a vm with an individual instance of Koha?
17:16 Barrc rhcl: and have been for a while. Just thinking, recently, of move them all onto one backend MySQL cluster and seperating their front ends....
17:17 rhcl consider Evergreen?
17:17 jcamins rhcl: I'm doing that.
17:17 jcamins Barrc: sorry, I meant you, not rhcl.
17:17 jcamins rhcl: never mind.
17:17 Barrc rhcl: Yep, I am for larger sites, and it's going well - biggest let down is lack of web client in Evergreen
17:17 Barrc Staff web client
17:18 rhcl yea, ack that
17:18 Barrc as we host all the sites in a datacenter I don't want to start configuring VPN's for each sites to tunnell the client!
17:18 rhcl one of my disagreements with workflows, but at least there is a Linux EG client.
17:21 Barrc While I'm at it is has anyone got any failover setup for Koha?
17:22 Barrc I am just building some rsync remote servers and tinkering with round robin DNS, has anyone done this, before I reinvent the wheel!
17:22 rhcl seems like you could approach that through apache, but I don't have any specific info
17:23 vfernandes left #koha
17:23 jcamins Barrc: I did some work to figure out how, but ultimately my clients weren't interested in paying for it.
17:23 jcamins The problem is the zebraqueue.
17:24 Barrc jcamins: Cool, did you replicate MySQL too? I am almost done there. The idea is master/slave MySQL with rsync increments. Round robin DNS to redirect if the box goes down
17:24 Barrc zebraqueue? Isn't that depricated?
17:24 jcamins Barrc: I didn't have an automatic failover for mysql.
17:24 jcamins The zebraqueue daemon is deprecated.
17:24 jcamins There's a zebraqueue table to tell the indexer what to index.
17:25 Barrc What would be the problem with zebraqueue?
17:25 jcamins You need a way to synchronize all the Koha instances.
17:26 Barrc rsync? and a index rebuild on fail?
17:26 jcamins Barrc: oh, so a warm backup?
17:26 jcamins Yeah, that's how I've been doing it.
17:26 Barrc Still toying with all ideas at the moment!
17:26 jcamins It has some latency, though.
17:27 jcamins And means you can't do load balancing.
17:27 Barrc Yes, LB would be a problem....some lateral thinking required!
17:29 jcamins If you modify how zebraqueue works, turning "done" into a bitmask or adding additional columns, you could do it, though.
17:31 Barrc jcamins: can't it be replicated to a slave MySQL server with the rest?
17:31 jcamins You then have the synchronization problem of making sure each instance knows which bit it should respond to, but if you used something like chef, it wouldn't be too hard.
17:31 * jcamins has spent a lot of time thinking about this.
17:32 jcamins Barrc: the problem is one of synchronization.
17:33 jcamins On both instances, rebuild_zebra is setting done=1 after rebuilding.
17:33 jcamins However, *both* instances need to process *every* line.
17:34 jcamins If you just replicated to slave, the secondary instance might miss some, if rebuild_zebra ran on the first instance and set done=1 before it ran.
17:34 Barrc So , you run the risk of losing some data between the last sync and the fail.
17:35 jcamins It's not data loss, just index corruption.
17:35 jcamins So, nothing *too* critical.
17:35 jcamins But if you have 500k records, you really don't want to have to reindex whenever there's a failure.
17:36 wizzyrea I suppose you could modify the script to compensate for that though
17:36 wizzyrea but there's no way to do that out of the box
17:36 Barrc wizzyrea: Thinking the same..
17:36 jcamins (and rsync is very brittle... what happens if the system crashes hard while it's rsyncing)
17:36 jcamins wizzyrea: right, that's what I was suggesting with bitmasks.
17:36 jcamins If you do make those changes, please share them!
17:36 wizzyrea definitely
17:36 vfernandes joined #koha
17:36 jcamins I will share them if I get to them first.
17:36 wizzyrea it's a race!
17:37 * wizzyrea gets the popcorn
17:37 ago43 is now known as ago43_lunch
17:37 Barrc jcamins: sure, but rsync will really only concern itself with the file system
17:37 Barrc forget that
17:37 wahanui Barrc: I forgot that
17:38 jcamins Barrc: I guess you see the problem I meant?
17:39 Barrc jcamins: Indeed. My head hurts now - it's been a long week!
17:39 jcamins Barrc: yeah, this is painful stuff.
17:40 Barrc Mind you , having said all that, a full rebuild would be an acceptable amount of time compared to leaving the system down!
17:40 jcamins Barrc: granted.
17:40 jcamins Barrc: my first job was for a company that had 100% uptime for three years.
17:41 jcamins Barrc: it leaves me with a very skewed idea of what "acceptable downtime" is.
17:41 wizzyrea well and you can still circ while it's rebuilding
17:41 wizzyrea if you turn off the zebra cron.
17:41 jcamins wizzyrea: right.
17:41 Barrc wow, I'd say there was some pain when it went down after 3 years!
17:41 Guillaume1 joined #koha
17:41 Guillaume1 left #koha
17:42 jcamins Barrc: as far as I know they still haven't had any downtime, but I haven't been there in years.
17:44 schuster joined #koha
17:45 schuster jcamins - so if you do git reset --hard blabla - can you then also delete the git branch? or just reuse it to start over?
17:45 Barrc OK - its been a long day (which should  have ended for me 45 minutes ago) - I'm calling it.....have a good weekend all.
17:45 jcamins Good luck.
17:45 rhcl later
17:45 jcamins schuster: to delete your branch you have to check out a different branch, then run git branch -D branchname.
17:45 Barrc left #koha
17:46 rhcl where is barrc located?
17:46 jcamins Ireland?
17:46 wizzyrea portugal?
17:47 * wizzyrea doesn't remember
17:47 * jcamins thinks he's in Waterford, Ireland.
17:47 rhcl 'k. I can see eircom is europe, and eir =? eirland?
17:47 jcamins Eire = Ireland.
17:48 jcamins So between that and going to and seeing it's based in Dublin, that seemed logical. ;)
17:50 wizzyrea oic
17:50 rhcl well, rhcl is relocating to the breakroom for lunchee.
17:50 hdl left #koha
17:51 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:53 * oleonard is surprised to see Kyle Hall break his long silence on the mailing list
17:53 schuster jcamins - thanks - I have a branch that seems to have "broken" my testing so wanted to back out of it before doing it again to trace my steps more carefully.
17:54 schuster it won't let me change branches though as I have "uncommitted" changes in existing branch...
17:54 wizzyrea schuster: git stash
17:54 jcamins schuster: yeah, git reset --hard && git checkout origin/master && git branch -D branchname && git checkout -b branchname origin/master
17:54 wizzyrea git stash if you don't want to lose it
17:55 schuster ah a new one on me...  git stash and then I can change branches to make sure my instance is still working in another branch?
17:55 wizzyrea yep
17:56 schuster so when I go back to the "broken" branch what do I have to do in order to active my "stash"  lol!!!
17:56 wizzyrea git stash apply
17:56 jcamins git stash pop
17:56 schuster what's the difference in apply and pop - pop makes me want a soda/Coke - but they just installed new machines in the breakroom and nothing in them...
17:57 * wizzyrea has never used pop
17:57 trea is now known as trea-lunch
17:58 druthb If you only have one thing stashed, they're the same thing.  I think apply will grab the *oldest* thing, while pop takes the *most-recent*.  IIRC; I never stash more than one thing at a time.
17:58 * wizzyrea either
17:58 * druthb could be wrong.  It happens.
17:58 wizzyrea you can also git stash save "the name of the thing you want to say"
17:58 wizzyrea s/say/save
17:59 wizzyrea stash has lots of options
17:59 wizzyrea
18:00 wizzyrea or
18:03 schuster Yes I was just looking at that stash vs pop - pop deletes the item from stash basically was the difference evidently you can stash several things...  Wow GIT is truely amazing...
18:03 schuster Wishes they had implemented this on MARC records!!!  LOL!!!
18:03 wizzyrea heh
18:04 schuster You could blame and see who added the NON authorized authority heading!
18:04 vfernandes left #koha
18:04 sekjal schuster: could be done
18:04 sekjal would just need a filesystem based database
18:05 sekjal store each biblio as a MARCXML file
18:05 sekjal then track with git
18:06 oleonard we foreach( @newresults ) three times in Isn't that inefficient?
18:07 schuster when I do git stash and then try to change branches it tells me I must resolve your current index first...
18:07 mbalmer joined #koha
18:07 mbalmer bonsoir
18:08 schuster guess I will have to go back to git reset --hard and start over...
18:09 maximep bon matin
18:11 jcamins oleonard: I would think so.
18:11 jcamins schuster: git reset && git stash && git checkout origin/master
18:11 jcamins ^^ that might allow you to save the results.
18:14 schuster This is turning out to be a learning git Friday...  I'm actually understanding some of this...  OK so I did my git reset --hard - am able to switch back to master, and now it says I should "fast-forward"
18:15 jcamins That means you need to do a git pull.
18:15 schuster So evidently I did a git pull somewhere along the line? and now need to rebase?  or if I just do a git pull it will clear itself up?
18:15 jcamins No. You did a git fetch somewhere along the line, and now you need to do a git pull.
18:15 jcamins (if you're on master)
18:16 schuster ok and the git pull will take care of the incorrect fetch
18:16 jcamins I always do git fetch instead of git pull.
18:16 jcamins It's just a different workflow.
18:16 schuster still trying to learn about all these git commands and when it is better to do what.  Also finds jcamins a wiz with git...
18:17 jcamins There's nothing wrong with having done a git fetch. It just means that if you use your own master branch, you'll have to do an additional git pull at some point.
18:17 mbalmer oh, there is a wonderful book on git by O'Reilly, you have that one?
18:17 schuster Nope but will find it this weekend!
18:18 mbalmer you can get all O'Reilly books electronically for 5$, btw.
18:19 schuster I have the O'Reilly MYSQL in a nutshell that I find invaluable!(thanks to druthb for that recommendation!)
18:19 mbalmer *shudder*
18:24 schuster Wow the O'Reilly site even has some video's on git with people talking the example of what "rebase" does was really interesting!  I now understand Rebase better and how it interacts with git...
18:25 jcamins schuster: I have a list of useful resources on git at home. Remind me next time you see me and I'll e-mail them to you.
18:27 schuster Cool...  unfortunately the network is sooo locked down here at work I can't do git pull etc... directly I would have to do this via git http - which I'm not sure I'm ready for.
18:27 jcamins Easy peasy.
18:28 * druthb sees her name mentioned, waves at schuster.
18:28 jcamins Open up .git/config
18:28 jcamins Find the [remote "origin"] section.
18:28 jcamins Change "git://" to "http://"
18:28 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
18:28 wahanui left #koha
18:28 wahanui joined #koha
18:30 schuster jcamins - interesting...  have to figure out how to get to .git place...
18:30 jcamins cd ~/kohaclone
18:31 jcamins vim .git/config
18:31 jcamins or nano .git/config
18:31 jcamins or ed .git/config
18:31 jcamins Or...
18:31 jcamins But you probably get the idea.
18:31 ago43_lunch is now known as ago43
18:32 schuster ah...  now understands interesting...
18:40 trea-lunch left #koha
18:41 jcamins schuster: did that do it?
18:43 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
18:54 schuster so before I do a "git pull" - where should I be?  do I need to git checkout master or
18:54 jcamins git checkout master
18:54 jcamins Then do a git pull.
18:54 jcamins That will bring you to the very latest master.
18:58 jcamins Anyone here a fan of colonial American cookery?
19:00 schuster hmmm - I keep getting your config specifies to merge with the ref "master" from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
19:01 jcamins Hm.
19:01 jcamins Full disclosure: I don't actually use a local "master" branch at all.
19:02 jcamins But it seems to me that git pull origin master should work.
19:03 schuster I ws thinking now that I kind of understand what is going on(yes be afraid everyone) I may clear and restart to make sure I have a working copy and then take small steps
19:03 jcamins Makes sense.
19:03 schuster check each step of the way to see where I break Koha...  Now that I know git stash that will help!
19:04 schuster I suspect part of my problem was the pull from the LibLime repo that caused things to go crazy.  I did that last Monday and didn't think it did anything, but then Wednesday I realized it actually had pulled the files, but git often doesn't tell me everything in an understandable librarian way...
19:05 jcamins Oh, yeah, that'd mess things up.
19:05 jcamins That's why I always use fetch.
19:05 jcamins git fetch {remote} doesn't change the files that are currently checked out.
19:07 schuster OK well that's about all I can do until I "refresh" on that laptop from home this weekend...  again thanks for the help jcamins..
19:08 schuster and the book suggestion mbalmer
19:08 collsk12 joined #koha
19:08 schuster Late lunch!
19:10 trea joined #koha
19:11 collsk12 could anyone help me remove all of the records that do not have items attached?
19:14 nengard collsk12 i do these three commands (after backing up):
19:14 nengard INSERT into deletedbiblio (SELECT * FROM biblio where biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT biblionumber from items));
19:14 nengard INSERT into deletedbiblioitems (SELECT * FROM biblioitems where biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT biblionumber from items));
19:14 nengard DELETE FROM biblio where biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT biblionumber from items);
19:16 collsk12 thank you, nicole! I appreciate it!!
19:17 druthb note, if you do what nicole suggests, you will need to reindex afterward, or those bibs will still show up in search results.
19:17 wizzyrea there is also a script that druthb wrote:[…]
19:17 * druthb blushes a lil.
19:18 druthb Yes...and it *won't* require a reindex, and has some options that some folks have needed.
19:18 wizzyrea such as the ability to look at how long they have been empty
19:18 wizzyrea so you don't nuke "on order" records, for example
19:18 jcamins It's a pretty great script.
19:18 jcamins I recommend using that one.
19:19 collsk12 WOW! You guys/gals ROCK!! Thank you so very much.
19:19 druthb you're welcome, collsk12.
19:20 sekjal druthb++
19:20 wizzyrea druthb++ indeed
19:21 jcamins druthb++
19:21 druthb @karma druthb
19:21 huginn druthb: Karma for "druthb" has been increased 138 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 137.
19:22 druthb Never in a bajillion years did I think..  nvm.
19:22 druthb @most increased
19:22 huginn druthb: "rangi": 504, "oleonard": 421, "gmcharlt": 283, "wizzyrea": 278, "chris_n": 250, "cait": 226, "nengard": 206, "sekjal": 195, "paul_p": 158, "jcamins": 150, "kf": 143, "druthb": 138, "magnuse": 125, "slef": 121, "eythian": 78, "hdl": 62, "hdl_laptop": 60, "biblibre": 56, "jwagner": 54, "fredericd": 53, "thd": 45, "atz": 44, "kmkale": 40, "pianohacker": 39, and "larsw": 37
19:22 nengard druthb who gave you a minus????
19:23 wizzyrea hehe I had gmcharlt there for a few days
19:23 wizzyrea then he did something awesome and passed me up again.
19:23 druthb probably the same way jcamins got one, by someone using -- instead of a colon to address me.
19:24 druthb (I know that's how jcamins did, because I'm the knucklehead that did it.)
19:27 nengard heh
19:27 wizzyrea no I think one day you thought you did something dome
19:27 wizzyrea dumb
19:27 wizzyrea (even though I'm sure it wasn't)
19:28 wizzyrea and asked someone to decrement you
19:28 The_Soup joined #koha
19:28 The_Soup left #koha
19:32 druthb I do dumb stuff all the time, wizzyrea.
19:33 * wizzyrea has not observed it
19:34 rhcl Anybody wanna see my picture? This is the recommended EG setup for 12-16 libraries with 1,000,000 bibs before deduplication and to provide maximum reliability with minimal downtime.
19:34 oleonard Everyone does dumb stuff all the time. So often, in fact, we have a name for it: Normal stuff.
19:35 jcamins I would like the Koha cataloging interface to use javascript to cache unsaved changes.
19:35 jcamins This seems like it would be a useful feature.
19:35 jcamins I wonder how hard it would be.
19:36 wizzyrea evergreen's cool. I don't work on it though.
19:37 rhcl pointed point noted
19:38 wizzyrea just sayin. ;)
19:41 rhcl I guess I'm not very territorial, and don't see a problem with occasional collaboration or comparison between projects.
19:45 wizzyrea whatever. I'm out.
19:45 wizzyrea left #koha
19:48 schuster just glad I don't have to re-image or send out snapshot to the 100 workstations throughout our 67 locations during an upgrade..  LOVE web based Koha...
19:51 jcamins schuster: ah, you're no fun.
19:57 oleonard What do y'all think?
19:59 jcamins I like it.
20:00 * oleonard did that by having the script check the contents of the cart's cookie and compare that to the results
20:01 oleonard Next I want to make the link change when you click "add to cart"
20:07 jcamins I still need a "select all items in search" option.
20:08 jcamins I've concluded that will have to be done with a server-side data structure.
20:09 jcamins I'm not 100% sure how to handle that. It's a puzzlement.
20:12 bigbrovar left #koha
20:12 collsk12 left #koha
20:16 nengard oleonard++
20:23 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
20:28 oleonard And then something like this:
20:28 jcamins Also very nice.
20:28 oleonard ...maybe with a [X] to remove?
20:28 jcamins I like it!
20:31 * oleonard hopes he remembers where he left off on Monday morning
20:31 oleonard Bye #koha
20:32 oleonard left #koha
20:52 collum left #koha
20:54 rhcl left #koha
21:15 jenkins_koha Starting build #69 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 3 mo. 14 j ago)
21:18 nengard left #koha
21:18 schuster left #koha
21:24 NateC joined #koha
21:32 jcamins trea: around?
21:32 trea yes
21:32 jcamins trea: I just saw your report of bug 7456.
21:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7456 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , itypes with similar codes throw off search results
21:32 trea okay
21:32 jcamins Fixing it will require a rewrite of C4::Search.
21:33 trea neat
21:33 jcamins The problem is that C4::Search doesn't actually generate valid queries for phrase indexes.
21:33 trea good thing there is a workaround
21:34 jcamins Yup.
21:34 trea editing itype codes retroactive? i'm guessing probably no
21:34 jcamins Nope.
21:34 trea yea, didn't figure it was
21:35 jcamins If they use EBOOK, that might work. I'm not sure.
21:35 trea you think the issue is the hyphen?
21:35 jcamins It makes it a separate word.
21:37 jcamins Combined with the fact that ,phr doesn't actually use the phrase indexes, it just uses unfuzzy matching on the word index, BOOK logically *should* find results for E-BOOK.
21:37 jcamins I mean, given the way C4::Search works.
21:37 jcamins Since C4::Search is broken.
21:37 jcamins Because obviously that's not what it should be doing if the system worked the way we wanted it to.
21:38 trea so, to summate, dont' do that!
21:39 trea use unique strings for itype codes
21:39 jcamins Right.
21:40 jcamins Use unique strings for *all* authorized values.
21:40 trea add it to the bug :P
21:40 jcamins Or at least don't use any hyphens, if you feel you need similar codes.
21:40 * jcamins isn't at his computer, and doesn't remember his bugzilla password.
21:41 trea hehe
21:47 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:50 NateC left #koha
21:50 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
21:57 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #69: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/69/
21:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6923 : Fixing a bug introduced by 6755 - was blocking help being used or edited
21:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating main INSTALL instructions
21:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating distro specific install files
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6923 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, can't load help files
21:57 jenkins_koha * lrea: Bug 7159 - Add branchcode to search (take two, revising with Owen's suggestion)
21:57 jenkins_koha * gmc: bug 7198: show patron name in overdue list even if name column is null
21:57 jenkins_koha * info: Bug 7215 - changed callnumber PRESET field to itemcallnumber
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7336 - generates an error in the log
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7159 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, wizzyrea, RESOLVED FIXED, Add branchcode to search
21:57 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7082: Template improvements for better translatability
21:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7215 : The Module changed, but the tests weren't updated to reflect that
21:57 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7245 Tables population with mandatory data for italian installation
21:57 jenkins_koha * christophe.croullebois: Bug 6663: Features for with datepicker
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: bug6716: documenting reserves and old_reserves tables
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6716 - Document Items Table
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7198 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , overdue report does not display patron name if firstname and/or surname are null
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7215 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, brendan, Pushed to Master , callnumber versus itemcallnumber
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6716 Document deleteditems table
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6716: Document biblioitems and deletedbiblioitems
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6716 : Categories table
21:57 jenkins_koha * Bug 6803: Replacing remote XSL include
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7336 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , generates an error in the log
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7082 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Template improvements for better translatability
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 6865 - Replace image-based gradient backgrounds with CSS3 gradients
21:57 jenkins_koha * alex.arnaud: bug 6917 Dates filters doesn't work when they are not selected on row or column
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7245 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Errors in MySQL tables population with mandatory data for italian installation
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6663 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Master , would be nice to put ranges of dates in the calendar
21:57 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 6935: Correct XISBNDailyLimit for new installations
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 7123 - barcode should be one word
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6716 enhancement, P3, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , Database Documentation
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome Fabio, you're 165th !
21:57 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6716 Update biblio & deletedbiblio tables
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6803 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, Removing remote include in MODS xslt
21:57 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7093: placeholds for suggestion table not working in notices
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 7121 - remove comma on items info
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6865 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace image-based gradient backgrounds with CSS3 gradients
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6917 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Acquisitions reports: Dates filters doesn't work when they are not selected on row or column
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Alternate fix for Bug 2534 - Viewing items table on item edit screen requires horizontal scrolling
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 7135: Save button options
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6935 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , SYStem preference XISBNDailyLimit preference text error
21:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7139 : Log addition and deletion of circulation messages
21:57 jenkins_koha * info: Bug 7143: Updating for Ian Walls, Chris Nighswonger and Paul Poulain
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7123 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , barcode should be one word
21:57 jenkins_koha * info: Bug 7143: Follow up patch for Updating
21:57 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7160: paying fines throws error
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7093 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, ian.walls, Pushed to Master , Placeholders for suggestion table in suggestion related mails broken
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7121 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , remove comma on items info
21:57 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 7164 - add Koha history timeline tab to 'About' page
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7164 minor follow-up
21:57 NateC joined #koha
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2534 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Viewing items table on item edit screen requires horizontal scrolling
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7164 follow-up history.txt and perlcritic compliance
21:57 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7197 - add a Spanish readme file to the packages
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7135 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , in addbiblio, make save button floating to have it on always on screen
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7202 - z39.50 search on bib edit not working
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7135 - in addbiblio, make save button floating to have it on always on screen
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7139 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Log circulation messags
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 7227, "Delete all items" action should redirect to the detail view
21:57 jenkins_koha * chrish: bug 7239 fix to avoid error being thrown even though a record is created
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7160 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , paying fines throws error
21:57 jenkins_koha * juan.sieira: Bug 7262 - No calendar present in holidays module when there are quotes in title or description
21:57 jenkins_koha * Bug 7270: Removing double itemtype on shelve contents page when no icon is shown
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7164 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , add Koha history timeline tab to 'About' page
21:57 jenkins_koha * juan.sieira: Bug 7275 - Pagination lost when click in the option "Show more" of facets column
21:57 jenkins_koha * sophie.meynieux: Bug 7287 : Fix overdue notification if a branch given as parameter does not have rules
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7197 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, robin, Pushed to Master , ES translation of the Debian readme
21:57 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7309 - Add NORMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl for detail view in intranet
21:57 jenkins_koha * duncan: Added unit tests for Sip
21:57 jenkins_koha * duncan: Added unit test for AuthoritiesMarc/
21:57 jenkins_koha * duncan: Added unit tests for Scrubber
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7202 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , z39.50 search on bib edit not working
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7227 trivial, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , "Delete all items" action should redirect to the detail view, not the items view
21:57 jenkins_koha * chrish: Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token
21:57 jenkins_koha * chrish: Added missing reference case to Boolean.t and corrected count
21:57 NateC left #koha
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7239 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, henridamien, Pushed to Master , Acquisitions, add order to basket, from new, no item field filed, AcqCreateItem=ordering cause internal error
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome to Duncan Tyler, developer 166 !
21:57 jenkins_koha * chrish: Added missing reference case to Boolean.t and corrected count
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7262 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Pushed to Master , No calendar present in holidays module when there are quotes in title or description
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7270 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, Removing double itemtype on shelve contents page when no icon is shown
21:57 jenkins_koha * duncan: Bug 5327: Added unit test for C4/SIP/ILS/Transaction/
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token"
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7275 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, juan.sieira, Pushed to Master , Pagination lost when click in the option "Show more" of facets column
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7287 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, sophie.meynieux, Pushed to Master , overdue notification is processed several times if some sites do not have rules
21:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 5327: Added unit test for C4/SIP/ILS/Transaction/"
21:57 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7313: Untranslatable strings in 'Search to hold' feature
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7309 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Add NORMARCslim2intranetDetail.xsl for detail view in intranet
21:57 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7321: Silence some warns in
21:57 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7323 - Javascript error when editing list
21:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, sam-sanders, Needs Signoff , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
21:58 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7325 - Editing a list generates errors in the log
21:58 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7326: hardcoded to 366 days maximum
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7313 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Untranslatable strings in 'search to hold' feature
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7321 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Silence warns in
21:58 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7330 - System preferences editor generates errors in the log with each search
21:58 jenkins_koha * duncan: Bug 7331 - generates errors in the log
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7323 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Javascript error when editing list
21:58 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7333 - modifying Members.t to use a branchcode that exists in the sample data
21:58 jenkins_koha * marc: Bail out early if an invalid language is used.
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7325 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Editing a list generates errors in the log
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7326 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, ian.walls, Pushed to Stable , was hardcoded to 1 year, is now a parameter
21:58 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome to Marc Balmer, #167
21:58 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7324: Show alternate email as mailto: / hide labels when field is empty
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7330 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , System preferences editor generates errors in the log with each search
21:58 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7319 - Improving title and breadcrumbs on acquisitions Z39.50 search pages
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7331 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, duncan, Pushed to Master , generates errors in the log
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7333 trivial, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, wizzyrea, Pushed to Master , Cleaning up tests to use sample data
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7324 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Show alternate email as mailto link on patron summary
21:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7319 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Improve specificity of title and breadcrumbs on acquisitions Z39.50 search pages
22:04 sekjal left #koha
22:07 druthb sekjal++
22:09 cait joined #koha
22:09 cait hi #koha
22:13 maximep left #koha
22:19 trea left #koha
22:38 druthb left #koha
22:40 cait left #koha
22:40 Soupermanito left #koha
22:57 matts_away is now known as matts
22:57 matts cool !
23:04 mbalmer left #koha
23:04 matts is now known as matts_away
23:40 chris_n heya cait

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary