IRC log for #koha, 2011-11-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Phlunk3 any idea what to search for in this manual?
00:03 jcamins Phlunk3: I suggest you read the section on the Patrons module.
00:03 jcamins There should be an entire chapter.
00:04 Phlunk3 I can't read the entire section right now unfortunately, we're just trying to create a single user quickly to test a bug. only have 10 mins or so with the system
00:05 jcamins Phlunk3: I think nengard did a video on creating a staff user. You could search on ByWater's website:
00:05 Phlunk3 thanks
00:12 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
00:23 ago left #koha
00:47 anandology joined #koha
01:05 kathryn joined #koha
01:05 rhcl_home joined #koha
01:06 rhcl_home meeting?
01:06 jcamins 1 hour.
01:07 rhcl_home yea, I thought wahenua would say something
01:07 rhcl_home I need food before meeting.
01:07 rhcl_home brb - plundering
01:07 druthb joined #koha
01:08 druthb o/
01:11 trea-away left #koha
01:11 ibeardslee left #koha
01:11 ibeardslee joined #koha
01:12 edveal joined #koha
01:16 edveal1 joined #koha
01:17 anandology left #koha
01:20 melia joined #koha
01:20 edveal left #koha
01:25 Phlunk3 just running a koha-common install and the /etc/mysql/koha-common.cnf doesnt exist (is throwing this error when I do koha-create. can anyone tell me what this file is meant to look like?
01:25 Phlunk3 does this mean that the koha-common failed to create the db?
01:28 jcamins Phlunk3: it means that it used the default settings.
01:28 jcamins Run man koha-create
01:28 jcamins It explains what settings there are.
01:30 edveal1 is now known as edv
01:31 Phlunk3 weird, is this a new thing ?
01:31 jcamins Nope.
01:31 Phlunk3 Im using a step by step guide which I wrote 2 weeks ago when installing the other fiji server lol
01:32 jcamins There are more settings now than there used to be, but as far as I know, the koha-common.cnf file has always been optional.
01:32 jcamins (and never been installed)
01:32 Phlunk3 have edited /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf, or is there something else I am missing?
01:33 jcamins Oh, wait!
01:33 jcamins Sorry, I misread your question.
01:33 Phlunk3 wait, its me :P I called my file .cnf :P
01:33 * jcamins is very tired.
01:33 Phlunk3 oh no I didnt :( damn
01:33 jcamins The problem is that you don't have MySQL installed.
01:33 Phlunk3 omg I hope not
01:33 jcamins So, ignore what I said earlier, it was silly.
01:34 jcamins You probably don't have mysql-server installed, and that's why there's a problem.
01:34 Phlunk3 yeah just checking now, u r right :( omg I hate working with servers setup by people with this sort of abilities :(
01:35 jcamins Fortunately you didn't lose many hours on this yet.
01:35 * jcamins has done that.
01:35 Phlunk3 are there any other dependencies that koha-common have which arent specified?
01:35 Phlunk3 haha ud be surprised
01:35 jcamins Just mysql-server.
01:35 BobB joined #koha
01:35 jcamins Because the package has to support situations where the MySQL server is on a different machine.
01:35 jcamins Just to confirm, you're using Squeeze or a version of Ubuntu newer than 10.04, right?
01:36 Phlunk3 I have 16 hr logs of skype convo with the umm "IT officer" on the other end ;) just a couple hours ago finally got him to install the right os and get a remote session open so I can do the install for him (as he couldnt follow the guide lol).
01:36 Phlunk3 using squeeze on 10.04
01:36 jcamins Okay, in that case you may want to see...
01:36 jcamins Installing Koha on Lucid?
01:36 jcamins Installing Koha on Lucid is[…]ing_Koha_packages
01:36 jcamins Installing Koha on Lucid?
01:36 wahanui it has been said that Installing Koha on Lucid is[…]ing_Koha_packages
01:36 jcamins :)
01:37 Phlunk3 Im okay now, have a step by step guide written just a few weeks ago.
01:37 jcamins Ah, excellent!
01:37 Phlunk3 just I forgot to check he had followed the first steps lol
01:37 paulnz joined #koha
01:43 melia left #koha
01:46 jwagner joined #koha
01:48 thd-away` is now known as thd
01:57 Brooke joined #koha
01:57 Brooke o/
01:59 thd jcamins: Who is currently maintaining the Debian packages?
02:00 thd s/Debian/Koha Debian/
02:02 Brooke howdy
02:03 thd hello
02:03 wahanui hi, thd
02:03 Brooke #startmeeting
02:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov 16 02:01:35 2011 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
02:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
02:03 Brooke #topic introductions
02:03 Topic for #koha is now introductions
02:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
02:04 Brooke Welcome to another fun filled IRC General Meeting
02:04 Brooke #info for intros plox
02:04 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
02:04 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov and Shari Perkins, C & P Bibliography Services (only kind of here)
02:05 druthb #info D Ruth Bavousett, ByWater Solutions
02:05 edv #info Ed Veal, ByWater Solutions
02:06 Brooke k
02:06 Brooke anyone have any announcements?
02:07 thd Only US people today?
02:07 paulnz #info Paul Nielsen hauraki District Libraries
02:07 paulnz looks like im representing NZ - didn;t relasie it was meeting time even
02:07 Brooke d'oh
02:07 thd Congratulations paulnz
02:07 Brooke I'm guessing many people are still jet lagged.
02:08 paulnz no sympathy from us had-to-stay-at-homers
02:08 Brooke I'm gonna fudge these roadmaps, so 3.6 first then 3.8, because I'm jumping to the conclusion that no one wants to hear about 3.4 anymore.
02:08 * thd is jet lagged from resurrecting two computers from the dead.  Thankfully, I do not do miracles every day :)
02:09 Brooke anyone have a burning desire to do 3.6?
02:10 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx
02:10 BobB Sorry I'm late
02:10 Brooke no problem Bob
02:10 Brooke moving on to Roadmap to 3.8
02:10 Brooke it's really early for Frenchies, and I don't see an active Paul
02:11 BobB I think its 5am in France
02:11 Brooke well, I can do the KohaCon11 bit
02:12 Brooke it was awesome if you weren't there
02:12 * druthb cheers
02:12 Brooke and if you were, you know how cool it was.
02:12 Brooke tonnes of good chats
02:12 thd This is primarily a good hour for the west coast of the US and Australia.
02:12 * druthb is still twitching from the jet lag
02:12 Brooke hopefully VPM will put stuff up if they've not yet
02:12 BobB It was a cool 35 every day - reall cool!
02:13 Brooke VPM might start an Academy, which I think will be neat if it gets rolling.
02:13 BobB Brooke, I know that kmkale collected all the papers - I think he'll do something public with them.
02:13 * Brooke nods.
02:14 Brooke I was more wondering about the electronic feed
02:14 Brooke but hey, all in good time.
02:14 Brooke #topic KohaCon2012
02:14 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon2012
02:14 thd How much seemed to be recorded?
02:15 Phlunk3 long shot, but anyone can confirm if marc21 or unimarc should be used in fiji? I remember being told one of them was pretty much only used in france, but I forget which one haha
02:15 druthb virtually all of it, thd.
02:15 Brooke should be 21
02:15 Brooke unless there are many, many diacritics.
02:16 Brooke I'm guessing slef is still asleep as well
02:16 BobB Phlunk3, afaik, Fiji is marc21
02:16 Brooke he left decent notes though
02:16 thd slef had sent apologies to the wiki
02:16 Brooke so I shall just spout what is on the wiki
02:16 Brooke Probably 5-7 June 2012 for conference, 9-11 June for hackfest.
02:16 Brooke 4 and 5 June are expected to be Bank Holidays in Scotland (Royal Jubilee) which will probably mean more food, drink and entertainment, but less transport, banking and large shops. Will that screw it up for anyone? It seemed more important to avoid clashing with ALA later in June.
02:16 chrisdothall #info Chris Hall, Catalyst IT Ltd
02:16 Brooke Please use the wishlist page for ideas you'd like the team to bear in mind.
02:17 Brooke At the moment, the team is just slef and mle, but we've had a few offers of help which we're starting to take up.
02:17 Brooke slef expects to ask for most help with schedule design and talk reviews and at-the-conference help, but it'd be great to hear other suggestions of what else could be organised remotely.
02:17 Brooke slef will be doing the fun task of reading the English and Scottish interpretations of the Bribery Act 2010 between meetings tomorrow, because one of his advisors thought it might affect how we do a crowdfunding sponsorship drive.
02:17 Brooke The two top choices look like indiegogo (more public) and using the co-op's existing payment services (lower fees, especially for Single Euro Payments Area). Anyone thoughts on those or other suggested services?
02:17 Brooke #idea help with securing accommodations can be done at a distance.
02:18 Brooke #idea list of folks willing to take on a lodger to save another person expense.
02:18 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7235] Adding invoice number and vendor name to the moredetail page <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7235>
02:18 thd Avoiding a conflict with ALA is imperative from a US perspective.
02:18 Brooke it's not near ALA
02:18 * druthb notes that Brooke did a *fine* job of that for Thane.  There were some bobbles, but overall I was very happy with Vihang's.
02:18 Brooke that's at the end of June
02:18 BobB Do we know what venue slef proposes to use? If its a university it will have accommodation available in June, I'd guess
02:19 thd I would certainly prefer better transport and fewer bank holidays.
02:19 Brooke not finalised yet bob
02:19 Brooke bank holidays are really no biggy
02:19 rhcl_home sorry for late checkin. RHCL = Greg Lawson @ Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
02:19 Brooke anyone else want to leave a pixel trail for slef to get later?
02:19 thd Shop closures and reduced transportation mute the experience of the place.
02:21 Brooke #topic KohaCon2013
02:21 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon2013
02:21 BobB Seriously?  That's two years away.
02:22 thd Plan early so that people can schedule funding.
02:22 Brooke I just drive the bus. Someone else stuck it on the agenda. ;)
02:22 thd Funding to attend is a major issue which must be budgeted well in advance for many.
02:22 * thd did not place it on the agenda.
02:23 BobB thd, re shop closures in Edinburgh, the Royal Jubilee will be one massive party.  There'll be no muted experience!  :)
02:23 rhcl_home #info Greg Lawson Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
02:24 Brooke Bob, you're helping to swipe the stone of destiny with us, right? ;)
02:24 BobB Right!
02:24 Brooke k, since no one is itching to go into the 2013 can of worms, moving on.
02:24 Brooke #topic Global Bug Squashing Days
02:24 Topic for #koha is now Global Bug Squashing Days
02:25 BobB Magnus is also asleep in Europe, I guess?
02:25 wahanui okay, BobB.
02:26 Brooke prolly
02:26 BobB wahanui - be quiet
02:26 wahanui BobB: huh?
02:27 Brooke 3.61 is due out on 22. Get to gettin or there won't be much in it.
02:28 Brooke a hearty thanks to the folks that are working to get the bug metre to be green
02:28 Brooke #info thanks to all of you diligent bug squashers.
02:28 Brooke #topic actions from 5 October
02:28 Topic for #koha is now actions from 5 October
02:28 Brooke so
02:28 Brooke uh
02:29 thd We had selected Perl coding style.
02:29 Brooke Liz and I submitted for DML
02:29 thd DML?
02:29 Brooke the page for submission was super hostile, so I'm not expecting much
02:29 Brooke the Badge Competition I talked about last meeting.
02:29 thd Oh yes
02:30 Brooke between that and my presentation, I've a really good idea of stuff, so hopefully at some point the wiki on gamification will get a padding.
02:30 Brooke don't think that there's much else to talk about from October
02:30 thd I have a question about Perl coding style.
02:30 thd We had selected Perl coding style in October.
02:31 Brooke you already said that
02:31 thd Paul, myself and others had a concern about the transition.
02:31 thd Does anyone have information from the hackfest about Perl coding style transition discussions?
02:32 Brooke don't think anyone mentioned it
02:32 thd That is what do we do about the old code?
02:32 Brooke should phase itself out little by little as code is modified, yes?
02:33 thd That was the sense I had from last meeting but Paul had written about the possibility of an alternative.
02:33 thd An alternative would be a discussion topic during the hackfest.
02:34 thd Was there such a discussion?  Brooke does not recall one.
02:34 Brooke I was in the training sessions though.
02:34 Brooke Don't tell a soul that someone asked me a cataloguing question ;)
02:35 thd I can ask later on the mailing list.  Paul is not here to answer.
02:35 thd s/Paul/PaulP/
02:36 Brooke right good plan
02:36 Brooke #topic Miscellaneous
02:36 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous
02:36 Brooke so
02:36 Brooke our wiki is ugly
02:36 Brooke and I'd really like the ability to add pictures again
02:36 Brooke in especial with the gaming stuff
02:37 Brooke but every time I try it throws an error.
02:37 thd I was not aware picture upload was broken.  I will look at the issue.
02:37 thd What image file format had been rejected?
02:38 thd What size images had been rejected?
02:38 Brooke not sure it makes a diff, but I usually try jpegs and pngs
02:38 Brooke and they're generally smallish
02:38 Brooke just like sometimes it randomly sends me to edit a template which is not cool at all
02:38 Brooke I think the template edit thing is only when I timeout
02:38 thd It should not make a difference but maybe you wanted some special image format.
02:38 Brooke instead of asking me to relog
02:38 Brooke it does mischief.
02:39 Brooke any other misc stuff?
02:39 thd I have had timeout problems in the past which seemed to go away so I had not continued to pursue them.
02:40 thd Image size could be a problem which gmcharlt would need to correct for maximum file / memory size in php.ini.
02:40 Brooke #topic time and date of next meeting
02:40 Topic for #koha is now time and date of next meeting
02:41 Brooke so
02:41 Brooke 7 December 6 UTC?
02:42 druthb +1
02:42 Brooke no that's not right
02:42 Brooke 1800 UTC I think...
02:42 thd It may not be right but I like it.
02:43 jwagner If it rotates in order, shouldn't it be 10 UTC?
02:43 Brooke meant to be 18.00
02:43 Brooke then 10.00
02:43 Brooke so 7 December 18.00
02:43 thd jwagner, the order has a direction which may change from time to time.
02:44 jwagner In other words, no direction :-)
02:44 thd :)
02:44 BobB :)
02:44 thd +1 7 Dec. 18,00 UTC
02:45 BobB All done?
02:45 Brooke yeah as soon as we get more than 1 person agreeing to a time XD
02:46 edv +1
02:46 jwagner +1
02:46 rhcl_home I concur
02:46 Brooke k
02:46 Brooke #info 7 December 18.00 Next Meeting
02:46 Brooke scurry
02:46 Brooke less than an hour
02:46 Brooke #endmeeting
02:46 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.0 & 3.4.6 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0  | |
02:46 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov 16 02:44:49 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
02:46 huginn Minutes:[…]-11-16-02.01.html
02:46 huginn Minutes (text):[…]1-11-16-02.01.txt
02:46 huginn Log:  […]16-02.01.log.html
02:46 BobB Thanks Brooke, well done!
02:46 Brooke no problem
02:47 edv left #koha
02:47 jwagner It's past my bedtime, good night
02:48 jwagner left #koha
02:48 thd Brooke:  Send one of the images you are trying to add to koha AT so that I can test with real data.
02:49 Brooke k
02:49 * thd scurries to the market before he has to hunt or forage for breakfast.
02:50 jcamins thd: eythian maintains the packages.
02:50 thd jcamins: OK, it had been gmcharlt previously.
02:51 jcamins Really? Not for a long time. liw managed the packages before eythian.
02:51 thd jcamins: I had noticed that choice of Apache server modules was unduly restrictive.
02:52 thd jcamins: I had not checked the maintainer for a long time.
02:52 jcamins thd: it's for security- so that the instances don't use the same user.
02:52 * thd must dash to market.
02:53 thd jcamins: Will you be here in an hour?
02:53 jcamins At ten to ten? Enjoy.
02:53 jcamins thd: unlikely.
02:53 thd We will continue some future day about packages.
02:53 thd is now known as thd-away
02:54 jcamins Certainly.
03:06 rhcl_home left #koha
03:10 druthb left #koha
03:10 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
03:15 Phlunk3 ugly site is meant to be hidden from public but someone else wanted it so I have opened it (yes this is a general dont make fun of my dev site post), if anyone can add something to this guide feel free to mail me updates:[…]a-on-ubuntu-1004/ browsing anything else on the site is illegal, so if u do just dont ever tell me.
03:17 Brooke didja link that to the wiki, and if not, can I?
03:19 Phlunk3 u can of course and no I didn't
03:20 jransom joined #koha
03:20 Brooke shweet
03:20 Brooke thanks
03:20 jransom heya
03:20 Brooke ahoy
03:20 jransom home saftly then
03:21 Brooke a yep
03:21 jransom how long you been home
03:21 Brooke about a dayish
03:22 Brooke miracle of miracles I resisted the lure of another Rajastani jacket.
03:23 jransom really! and without my calming influence I am truly impressed
03:23 Brooke pfft
03:23 * Brooke is a looker more than a shopper.
03:23 jransom i have given so much blood and 'stuff' since ive been back (i'm still sick!!!)
03:23 Brooke get out
03:23 Brooke go to hospital!
03:24 Brooke you can visit ata
03:24 jransom they are running every test known to man
03:28 thd-away is now known as thd
03:29 paulnz welcome back jransom
03:29 paulnz though sound slike you brought back the proverbial belly?
03:29 jransom heya paul
03:30 Brooke heh
03:34 AmitG joined #koha
03:34 Brooke hey Amit
03:35 AmitG heya Brooke
03:36 jransom heya amit
03:36 jransom Paul: Brooke nursed me around India .....
03:36 * Brooke is a terrible nurse.
03:36 jransom (or annoyed the bejeesus out of me depending on your perspective)
03:36 Brooke nah
03:37 AmitG heya jransom
03:37 paulnz right, 2 sides to every story
03:37 AmitG heya paulnz
03:37 paulnz so were you sick over there or just when you got back?
03:37 jransom anyway paul : you have to kohacon12
03:38 * Brooke blames the rhum.
03:38 paulnz hey AmitG
03:38 Brooke oh Rangi
03:38 Brooke Jo blames you for a lack of debauchery.
03:38 paulnz so i see -s cotland in june is lovely
03:38 jransom essential: i am more convince d than ever that libraries running koha must MUST go to kohacon
03:38 jransom Brooke!!! (don't dob me int to rangi)
03:38 * Brooke agrees.
03:38 AmitG Chris around?
03:39 jransom I think he is lurking
03:39 jransom sick child in hospital
03:39 AmitG oh!
03:41 paulnz june might work our well with some unspent training budgets left lurking maybe for us nzers that couldn;t make india
03:42 Brooke wunderbar
03:42 paulnz rangi made up for your lack of debauchery in his biege & browns at lianza dinner
03:42 jransom oh - thats a plan (although i am sending 5 staff to ndf which will cost a bit)
03:42 paulnz sharp like a razor
03:43 jransom see!! I knew he was the missing factor
03:43 jransom we actually left undrunk alcohol  in the hotel!
03:43 Brooke it was in fact criminal
03:43 jransom that would never have happened if Chris had been there
03:43 paulnz wow 5. would love to go ndf but timing is bad this year
03:43 Brooke plus these tossers drank the swill gin before the Hendricks.
03:43 paulnz what the??????
03:43 wahanui the is a stop word
03:43 * Brooke clucks.
03:44 jransom foul mouther kiwis
03:46 rangi joined #koha
03:46 paulnz i agree, undrunk alcohol is a very bad word
03:46 Brooke wash your mouth out this instant, young man.
03:47 * rangi reads the log
03:47 AmitG heya rangi
03:47 rangi i wonder if there was an ebsco rep following jo around at kohacon
03:47 Brooke could be.
03:48 Brooke it was hard to tell what with the crowd of street vendors serving as her entourage.
03:48 Brooke
03:50 paulnz an entourage and a nurse?
03:50 Brooke cast of thousands...
03:51 jransom i need a cast of thousands ....
03:51 jransom so many idxeas and plans and so few slaves
03:54 rangi ok, just talked to the dr
03:54 rangi he is staying in overnight
03:54 Brooke what's the prognosis?
03:54 Brooke teh ohnoes
03:54 Brooke not overnight!
03:54 rangi still a bit too stoned to go home
03:54 Brooke that poor little guy!
03:55 rangi but they have a bed for laurel
03:55 Brooke clearly he needs his fan club president.,
03:55 jransom will be best- he'll wake up in horrible pain and best a nurse is on hand to manage that
03:55 jransom but i guess one of you will be staying over too
03:55 rangi yep, laurel will, ill go home and look after the pets
03:56 Brooke #goodmummy
03:56 rangi so packing up my makeshift office
03:56 Brooke aye
03:56 rangi yay for easytether + android + debian
03:56 Brooke I should get to bid lest I remain on the other Indian time.
03:57 rangi and head home
03:57 rangi bbiab
03:57 Brooke smeck?
03:57 jransom smeck
03:58 Brooke waha is refusing to learn.
03:58 Brooke *sigh*
03:58 Brooke prolly givin im bad commands
03:59 Brooke left #koha
04:00 paulnz gotta go too - paeroa social netball glory awaits
04:00 paulnz rnagi hope jnr has a good night
04:00 paulnz jo are you at work tomorrow?
04:01 jransom yes i am
04:01 jransom all day
04:01 jransom had day 1 back today
04:01 paulnz cool, will give you a bell. got a grand nz ebook plan for you
04:02 jransom sweet :)
04:04 paulnz see ya
04:04 paulnz left #koha
04:04 Phlunk3 left #koha
04:23 rangi waiting for train at crofton downs
04:26 rangi racing to get back to the station before the last 4 bus of the day leaves
04:39 rangi made it
04:40 rangi now waiting for the bus :)
04:40 chrisdothall are you sure you didnt miss it?
04:43 jransom left #koha
04:44 rangi live updates ftw
04:44 rangi its 7 mins away :)
04:45 chrisdothall haha I am glad that they are working today, often on the uni routes they say there are no scheduled services when there definitely is.
04:45 rangi yeah its a bit hit and miss sometimes
04:49 kathryn left #koha
04:50 stuartyeates joined #koha
05:35 anandology joined #koha
05:40 cait joined #koha
06:31 anandology left #koha
06:40 cait left #koha
06:53 cait joined #koha
06:53 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:53 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 0.7�C (7:50 AM CET on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -0.0�C. Windchill: 1.0�C. Pressure: 30.19 in 1022.2 hPa (Steady).
06:55 thd is now known as thd-away
06:59 thd-away is now known as thd
07:00 thd is now known as thd-away
07:02 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:10 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:10 rangi hi magnuse
07:10 magnuse ata marie rangi
07:11 cait hi magnuse and rangi :)
07:12 magnuse yay!
07:12 rangi hi cait
07:12 cait :)
07:13 magnuse wassup?
07:14 cait hehe
07:14 cait reading learning perl :)
07:14 magnuse yay
07:15 cait just finished chapter 8
07:15 cait m//
07:15 magnuse you know there is a new edition right around the corner?
07:15 cait yeah...
07:15 cait when i bought the book... this edition was new
07:15 cait *sighs*
07:15 magnuse hehe
07:15 magnuse i'm gettting the new one when it's out
07:18 rangi modern perl is a good one too
07:19 cait that was the next on my reading list, right?
07:19 cait after the learning perl?
07:20 rangi yes
07:20 magnuse oops, i was thinking about "programming perl" when i talked a bout a new edition
07:21 * magnuse checks out modern perl
07:21 rangi
07:21 cait there is a free pdf
07:21 cait :)
07:21 rangi yes, and epub
07:22 rangi because chromatic rules
07:22 magnuse that's very cool
07:26 magnuse rangi: i took a stab at converting marc to rdf based on the yaml mapping we talked about earlier - think i got about half way there:
07:27 rangi oh cool
07:27 magnuse based on RDF::Redland - might be the base for a "save as RDF" thingy if i can get the rest of it under control
07:27 rangi yay!
07:27 rangi that would be be pretty sweet
07:28 magnuse yup, a first step towards the glorious semantic future ;-)
07:32 magnuse the norwegian library laboratory will have it's last meeting on friday (*sobs*), i'll be talking about how to semantify an ils
07:32 magnuse i hacked together a small semantic "mashin" for koha, but that's only on my laptop so far
07:35 rangi ahh thats still good
07:35 rangi back it up tho :)
07:35 magnuse yup ;-)
07:35 * magnuse reads up on twitter and hopes atarau is doing well
07:36 reiveune joined #koha
07:36 rangi yep stayed in tonight
07:36 rangi but should be home tomorrow
07:36 reiveune hello
07:36 wahanui privet, reiveune
07:36 cait hi reiveune
07:36 magnuse rangi: yay
07:36 magnuse bonjour reiveune
07:36 reiveune hi cait magnuse everybody :)
07:37 rangi hi reiveune
07:37 cait rangi: glad to hear he is ok :)
07:40 * magnuse too
07:45 hdl joined #koha
07:46 anandology joined #koha
07:47 rangi hi hdl and anandology
07:47 cait bbiab
07:47 cait left #koha
07:47 hdl hi rangi
07:49 anandology left #koha
07:50 alex_a hello #koha
08:03 rangi hi alex_a
08:06 matts_away is now known as matts
08:07 magnuse left #koha
08:07 magnuse joined #koha
08:09 kf joined #koha
08:09 kf back
08:09 rangi wb kf
08:09 julian_m joined #koha
08:10 julian_m hello
08:10 wahanui privet, julian_m
08:10 rangi hi julian_m
08:12 asaurat joined #koha
08:13 kf thx rangi and hi julian_m
08:13 asaurat hi !
08:13 sophie_m joined #koha
08:13 kf hi asaurat :)
08:14 sophie_m hello kf
08:16 kf hi sophie_m :)
08:39 stuartyeates left #koha
08:50 anandology joined #koha
09:03 Guillaume1 joined #koha
09:20 anandology \whois rangi
09:21 anandology rangi: hi
09:23 kf he might be gone, getting late in nz
09:24 francharb joined #koha
09:24 kf hi francharb
09:31 francharb hi kf
09:31 francharb morning #koha
09:34 kmkale joined #koha
10:32 paul_p joined #koha
10:41 marijana joined #koha
10:43 kmkale left #koha
10:45 * mtj_goa waves from singapore airport
10:45 mtj_goa is now known as mtj
10:45 * magnuse waves back from bod�
10:47 * kf waves from Konstanz
10:47 mtj 2 planes down... 2 more to go - before home!
10:47 magnuse mtj: chili cravings sated?
10:47 magnuse home++ ;-)
10:48 mtj heya magnus and cait
10:49 mtj yeah, the food has been simply amazing
10:51 mtj ... so i just missed a Koha meeting, earlier today?
10:52 kf yep
10:52 kf we too
10:52 kf was 3am
10:52 mtj 'Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0'
10:53 mtj bummer, there has been some important news, of late
10:53 magnuse someone should update the subject[…],_7_December_2011
10:53 mtj (as you probably know)
10:53 magnuse minutes:[…]-11-16-02.01.html
10:53 magnuse log:[…]16-02.01.log.html
10:55 mtj hmm, about to board in 10 mins
10:55 magnuse safe travels, mtj!
10:56 kf safe travels :)
10:57 mtj thanks, hopefully chat you from nz :p
10:59 magnuse yay
11:00 mtj ok, im off ....
11:05 kmkale joined #koha
11:08 julian_m left #koha
11:15 julian_m joined #koha
11:46 hdl left #koha
12:09 AmitG left #koha
12:33 talljoy joined #koha
12:41 anandology left #koha
12:42 tcohen joined #koha
12:43 jwagner joined #koha
12:54 kmkale left #koha
13:08 ago43 joined #koha
13:17 kf marcelr++
13:24 hdl joined #koha
13:32 kmkale joined #koha
13:50 ago joined #koha
13:50 Callender left #koha
13:50 ago left #koha
13:51 maximep joined #koha
13:53 sekjal joined #koha
13:57 paul_p left #koha
13:57 kf hi maximep, ago and sekjal
13:57 sekjal morning, kf!
14:06 maximep hi =)
14:07 Callender joined #koha
14:07 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5226] MARC21 field 545 missing <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5226>
14:07 paul_p joined #koha
14:22 talljoy good morning all!
14:23 talljoy is there an expert in the house regarding koha record matching rules for bibs?
14:26 jcamins_away talljoy: I'm not an expert, but there's a slight chance I have the answer.
14:26 talljoy great.  lets give it a go!  let me pull up my rule.  sec
14:27 talljoy i've got a bib that didn't match when it appears according to the rules that it *should* have.
14:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 59 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 1 mo. 8 j ago)
14:27 talljoy four matchpoints, search indexes are verified, scores are set, tag and subfield match.
14:28 talljoy it appears that koha is looking at something else in the marc records other than the 4 matchpoints to cause a nonmatch
14:28 jcamins_away What are you matching on?
14:28 talljoy 020a, 010a, 024a, 245a  (1000 point pass: points in order 1000,1000,500,500)
14:29 jcamins_away @marc 024 a
14:29 huginn jcamins_away: Standard number or code
14:29 talljoy it's a video and has no 020a or 010a.  but does have 024a and 245a that match an existing record.
14:29 jcamins_away Change it to 999 point pass?
14:29 wahanui jcamins_away: that doesn't look right
14:30 talljoy i can try.
14:30 talljoy nope.
14:31 jcamins_away Hm. And the fields are *absolutely* identical? Down to the punctuation?
14:31 talljoy yep.  i checked for leading/trailing spaces even.
14:33 jcamins_away Weird. Could this be affected by that matching rule bug?
14:33 talljoy do you know the bug number?
14:33 jcamins_away I do not.
14:34 jcamins_away @help
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: (help [<plugin>] [<command>]) -- This command gives a useful description of what <command> does. <plugin> is only necessary if the command is in more than one plugin.
14:34 jcamins_away @bug
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: (bug <bug_id> [<bug_ids>]) -- Reports the details of the bugs with the listed ids to this channel. Accepts bug aliases as well as numeric ids. Your list can be separated by spaces, commas, and the word "and" if you want.
14:34 trea joined #koha
14:34 jcamins_away @bug search matching
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]bug.cgi?id=search could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: Bug[…]g.cgi?id=matching could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
14:34 jcamins_away @search matching
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: There were no matching configuration variables.
14:34 jcamins_away @bugs matching
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:34 talljoy lol
14:34 jcamins_away @help bug
14:34 huginn jcamins_away: (bug <bug_id> [<bug_ids>]) -- Reports the details of the bugs with the listed ids to this channel. Accepts bug aliases as well as numeric ids. Your list can be separated by spaces, commas, and the word "and" if you want.
14:34 talljoy it's giving you fits eh?  i'll try searching bugzilla.  See what I come up with.
14:35 * jcamins_away forgot the charger for his laptop, so has to make 35% battery last three hours.
14:36 jcamins_away So no graphical web browsers for me.
14:40 talljoy jcamins_away: i think its 6713
14:40 talljoy bug 6713
14:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6713 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , marc import not matching
14:40 jcamins_away That's the one I was thinking of.
14:40 talljoy this sounds like it. i'm going to try testing on the most recent version and see if i still see it.  i'm currently testing this on a package install.
14:41 jcamins_away The question is when the matching rule was created.
14:42 jcamins_away Weird... lynx automatically transliterated my Russian.
14:50 NateC joined #koha
14:53 dpavlin What would be the right way to search 856$u in Koha? Adding it to Zebra? Using ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[​@tag="856"]/subfield[@code>="z"]') or something else?
14:54 kf search with?
14:54 dpavlin using SQL would require new CGI script to query it, so I *would* prefer SRU/SRV approach (if it can query arbitrary fields, I still havent read all documentation about it ;-)
14:54 kf not sure what you want to do :)
14:54 dpavlin I'm trying to finish eprints export -> koha import script.
14:54 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:54 jcamins dpavlin: don't use SQL. Use Zebra.
14:54 wizzyrea so is there something special you have to do to enable search by email?
14:54 dpavlin since we have some entries in Koha allready, I need to make sure I'm not creating duplicate records, and this search ;-)
14:54 kf wizzyrea: I don't think there is
14:54 wizzyrea well it doesn't work.
14:55 kf dpavlin: I think zebra
14:55 kf dpavlin: will make it easier to search for other things later on too
14:55 kf dpavlin: like 001 :)
14:55 jcamins wizzyrea: search by e-mail?
14:55 wizzyrea yes
14:55 kf dpavlin: I mean it would work similar to other features - the matching rules use the zebra indexes too
14:55 dpavlin kf: cool. Any pointers to documentation about adding fields to Zebra?
14:56 wizzyrea oh, never mind, it was only just pushed.
14:56 kf hm not sure we have documentation
14:56 kf but I can tell you the files
14:56 jcamins wizzyrea: oh, you mean for searching patrons.
14:56 dpavlin Tell me, and I will write docs :-)
14:56 kf or point you to a patch where I hae done it
14:56 kf cool :)
14:56 * jcamins had visions of people e-mailing the server "Search 'kw:books'" and getting results.
14:57 kf dpavlin:[…]5cb9267b9f2809bd2
14:57 dpavlin kf++ thanks
14:57 wizzyrea whoa
14:57 wizzyrea i'm not sure anybody would ever do that
14:57 wizzyrea and sounds terribly insecure
14:58 wizzyrea but is an interesting idea
14:58 kf dpavlin:[…]5cb9267b9f2809bd2
14:58 kf args
14:58 kf dpavlin:[…]ng_Zebra_indexing
14:58 kf this :)
14:58 jcamins wizzyrea: it's like the modern equivalent of telnet OPACs. ;)
14:58 wizzyrea oy
15:01 tcohen hi gmcharlt
15:02 tcohen is there a way to tell as_formatted to be aware of the original encoding of a MRC::Record object?
15:04 sophie_m left #koha
15:04 tcohen it seems to output ISO-8859 text only
15:06 jcamins VIAF is 100% Javascript, apparently.
15:07 jcamins Don't bother trying to use it in Lynx. It won't work.
15:07 talljoy is now known as talljoy-away
15:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #59: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/59/
15:08 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 5974 - Bogus auth check for "StaffMember" role
15:08 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Sorry pushed this by mistake when trying to fix Pauls permissions
15:08 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Use unitprice in neworder so that the value is saved in the database and so it will be the same field used as to receive shipments
15:08 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6955, Toolbar on reading history broken
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5974 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Bogus auth check for "StaffMember" role
15:08 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Bug 7069: Put strings in "" instead of '' to fix the javascript not working when the translated string has a ' in it.
15:08 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6895 : First attempt at fixing the diacritics bug
15:08 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 6963: Corrects a problem when a new order is created with a duplicate barcode.
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6955 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Toolbar on reading history broken
15:08 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Follow-up patch : use the subfield associated with items.barcode
15:08 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7076: Lists render OPAC XSLT on staff side
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7069 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , Javascript errors in tags/review
15:08 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 5885 : UNIMARC XSLT changes
15:08 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6989 Patron categories not properly displayed if not pure ASCII
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6895 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Diacritics in Pootle/po files are broken in source text
15:08 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7061: unnecessary global variables declared in C4::SQLHelper
15:08 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 3958, Standardize vendor/supplier/bookseller terminology
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6963 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , When creating a new order, the item isn't added if its barcode already exists in the items table.
15:08 jenkins_koha * 7146 (Update timestamps when deleting a biblio)
15:08 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7117: Bug 7117 - Small display problems when organising suggestion tabs by name
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7076 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , shelfpage renders OPAC XSLT bloc for intranet Lists
15:08 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6471: add tablesorter to Holds Queue
15:08 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Notify the user on his account page when his account is almost expired
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5885 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , UNIMARC XSLT changes
15:08 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 6994: Wrong 'no budget defined' alert
15:08 jenkins_koha * lrea: Bug 7128 - adding some ID's to make styling a bit easier
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6989 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED , Patron categories not properly displayed if not pure ASCII
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7061 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , SQLHelper has unused global variables
15:09 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7184 raise mySQL error if debug is set
15:09 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7188: C4::Context::db_scheme2dbi does case-insensitive grep
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3958 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Standardize vendor/supplier/bookseller terminology
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Declare variables outside of conditionals
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Don't declare variables in conditionals Don't change $_ in a list context[…]
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7117 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Small display problems when organising suggestion tabs by name
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Not using strict .. bad script, no cookie for you!
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Don't declare variables in conditionals
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6471 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , column sorter on holds queue
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Tidying changed parts of file
15:09 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679: Fixing admin/aqplain :encoding(UTF-8) gives strict validation
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6994 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , 'No budget defined' showing up although budgets and funds are defined
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7128 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, ASSIGNED , logged in and logged out states of are hard to style
15:09 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7138: Can't print basket group order pdf
15:09 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 5945: email not searchable in patron search
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7184 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , have mysql returning errors
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7188 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , case-insensitive grep of /mysql/ in C4::Context
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7138 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Can't print basket group order pdf.
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5945 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , can't search patron's email anymore
15:09 wizzyrea oh, do we have new toys?
15:09 kf @quote add Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Not using strict .. bad script, no cookie for you!
15:09 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.  Quote #165 added.
15:09 jcamins @quote random
15:09 huginn jcamins: Quote #41: "owen: Being an ass doesn't qualify as a medical condition ;)" (added by jwagner at 03:13 PM, October 16, 2009)
15:09 kf couldn't resist :)
15:10 wizzyrea yay finally someone added a quote and it wasn't me!
15:10 jcamins @quote random
15:10 huginn jcamins: Quote #95: "< robin> to be honest, I think if you mention Koha and Perl, your CV could say your hobbies include puppy-kitten cage-fights, and you'd be snapped up :)" (added by chris at 09:36 PM, October 06, 2010)
15:13 trea is now known as trea-away
15:13 kf @quote random
15:13 huginn kf: Quote #22: "<jdavidb> owen: you wouldn't know this, being the skinny thing you are, but it is also good for maintaining a panoramic physique, like mine." (added by gmcharlt at 04:24 PM, August 06, 2009)
15:14 kf wizzyrea: seems you are not the only one adding quotes :)
15:14 kf @quote random
15:14 huginn kf: Quote #69: "<schuster> Now if I could only figure out how to control those daemons... or at least the ones in my head..." (added by jwagner at 02:02 PM, March 17, 2010)
15:14 kf @quote random
15:14 huginn kf: Quote #154: "rangi: it's destined to be an eternal mystery" (added by wizzyrea at 04:53 AM, September 15, 2011)
15:16 jcamins It took quite a while to find a quote added by wizzyrea.
15:16 wizzyrea some days you ONLY get ones added by me
15:16 wizzyrea @quote random
15:16 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #117: "<druthb> basking ? You bask on the does not bask in the Potomac River melt or swelter or something, but you don't bask. :P" (added by jwagner at 01:17 PM, January 24, 2011)
15:16 wizzyrea but not today
15:16 jcamins @quote random
15:16 huginn jcamins: Quote #145: "Don't ask to ask, just ask!" (added by wizzyrea at 02:37 PM, July 07, 2011)
15:16 jcamins @quote random
15:16 huginn jcamins: Quote #68: "gmcharlt: which probably means that library schools ought to rename Cataloging 101 to Identification and Avoidance of Rabbit Holes 101" (added by wizzyrea_laptop at 08:17 PM, March 10, 2010)
15:17 jcamins There we go, two in a row. Now we're back to normalcy. ;)
15:17 wizzyrea lulz
15:17 jwagner Got a bunch from me today....
15:17 wizzyrea normalcy is relative in our channel ^.^
15:18 jcamins wizzyrea: I would never claim otherwise.
15:19 sekjal normalcy is not a word!
15:20 wizzyrea sekjal that must be a peeve of yours :)
15:20 sekjal Warren G. Harding just made it up in a speech
15:20 sekjal Harding!
15:20 wizzyrea Normality/
15:20 wizzyrea ?
15:20 sekjal wizzyrea:  yes, peeve.  Also, people describing something as "addicting"
15:21 wizzyrea how about nauseous vs nauseated?
15:21 sekjal oddly enough, that doesn't bother me at all
15:21 wizzyrea lol
15:21 * sekjal shrugs
15:21 wizzyrea <
15:21 wizzyrea <3
15:21 sophie_m joined #koha
15:26 jcamins sekjal: you're guest lecturing fifteen minutes away from my house today, aren't you?
15:26 jcamins Well, apartment building.
15:26 * jcamins just remembered this.
15:27 sekjal jcamins: that was last night, actually
15:27 jcamins How did it go?
15:27 sekjal it went well, though I didn't get as far into the demo as I would have liked before running out of time
15:27 sekjal also missed the community meeting
15:28 * jcamins missed it too, actually. The wireless was malfunctioning.
15:30 jcamins Glad to hear that it went well, though. :)
15:33 sekjal yeah, always a fun time presenting to a library school class
15:33 sekjal got some good questions; they are interested in Koha's plans for RDA and semantic web
15:33 trea-away is now known as trea
15:33 kf :)
15:33 kf sekjal: yay :)
15:33 jcamins Very good question!
15:33 kf sekjal++
15:35 sekjal my answer was that first we need metadata independence for both biblios and authorities
15:35 sekjal then whatever format comes out on top, Koha will be able to handle it as a configuration instead of a code change
15:38 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.0 & 3.4.6 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 7 December 2011 at 18:00 UTC+0  | |
15:39 jcamins Hm. Won't be making that meeting.
15:44 sophie_m left #koha
15:47 ago43 left #koha
15:50 Guillaume1 left #koha
15:55 sophie_m joined #koha
15:58 ago43 joined #koha
16:01 anandology joined #koha
16:13 ago43 left #koha
16:14 ago43 joined #koha
16:17 sekjal must dash to the bus; hopefully back in an hour or so
16:17 sekjal left #koha
16:18 marijana left #koha
16:19 kf left #koha
16:23 reiveune bye
16:23 reiveune left #koha
16:24 julian_m left #koha
16:25 asaurat left #koha
16:26 sophie_m left #koha
16:40 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
16:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 2629: Add diacritic support for Å® (U with ring) <[…]db63d0b112b4273a4>
16:49 matts is now known as matts_away
16:55 trea it looks like based on the example text for the the itemcallnumber syspref that it can have multiple values cascade. can anyone confirm this?
16:55 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Follow-up fix for Bug 5150 - Issuing should read Circulation <[…]ee94997ff7583ef15> / (bug #4518) enhance 2.2 to 3.0 scripts <[…]55e07841297d611e7> / Bug 4161: Preselect active currency for new vendors <[…]=koha.git;a=commi
16:56 wizzyrea can you specify several fields for mapping the itemcallnumber to? I'm not sure that example really isn't clear to me.
16:56 wizzyrea like, is this really an example of what you can put in the field: Examples: Dewey: 082ab or 092ab; LOC: 050ab or 090ab; from the item record: 852hi
16:57 wizzyrea can you put "082b or 092ab" in the field and it will work?
16:57 wizzyrea this is a real question, I really have no idea.
16:57 * wizzyrea grumps about unclear examples.
16:57 jenkins_koha Starting build 522 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 28 j ago)
16:58 libsysguy joined #koha
16:58 libsysguy long time no see #Koha
16:58 wizzyrea heya
16:59 trea libsysguy?
16:59 wahanui libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck
16:59 trea wb
16:59 libsysguy hehe
16:59 libsysguy gracias
17:00 libsysguy been deep in some drupal lately :'(
17:00 libsysguy *eternal sadness*
17:00 francharb hey all! anyone knows what is the difference between "total allocated" and "base-level allocated" in the page?
17:11 cait joined #koha
17:11 cait hi again #koha
17:14 paul_p trea & wizzyrea: 7207 pushed
17:14 wizzyrea <3 brilliant thanks paul_p
17:14 wizzyrea paul_p++
17:15 paul_p wizzyrea: pls, see my comment & double check it's OK
17:15 wizzyrea u got it
17:15 paul_p OK, time to go back home for me !
17:15 wizzyrea k will check ti
17:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7207 - Reverting a portion of commit 607b5449bd5cb which breaks the label export... <[…]f09fb7c6429390034>
17:15 paul_p bye bye world, see you tomorrow !
17:16 wizzyrea bye :)
17:16 nengard joined #koha
17:16 nengard cait around?
17:16 nengard I need my reports guru
17:16 nengard :)
17:16 rangi @later tell chris_n you will want to pull 7207 i think
17:16 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
17:16 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "report help" (29 lines) at
17:17 nengard can anyone help me with the above?
17:17 nengard looking for some brainstorming ideas
17:17 nengard @later tell cait can you help me with this:
17:17 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
17:18 anandology left #koha
17:19 anandology joined #koha
17:19 cait I am here :)
17:19 cait what do you have? :)
17:20 cait not sure what you want to do
17:20 cait can you paraphrase?
17:23 cait nengard?
17:23 wahanui nengard is fast
17:23 nengard hi
17:23 wahanui hola, nengard
17:23 anandology left #koha
17:23 anandology joined #koha
17:26 Oak joined #koha
17:26 Oak hello miss cait :)
17:26 cait hi Oak :)
17:26 cait how did it go today?
17:27 cait tomorrow are the last exams, right?
17:27 ago43 left #koha
17:27 nengard cait i put a summary in that paste - but we want a  list of items that are not checked out that are on the shelf at our library  - but the report that works shows holds multiple times because there is no distinct check - so we need to find unique holds using the bib number and the borrowernumber
17:28 paul_p left #koha
17:29 Oak cait today was last. you *really* are bad with dates. :)
17:29 cait oh
17:29 cait yes I am
17:29 cait nengard: I can try, but my database is not good for this
17:29 cait no holds
17:29 Oak but you are alright. no worries :D
17:30 melia joined #koha
17:32 vfernandes joined #koha
17:32 vfernandes hi Koha community :)
17:33 Oak oh, it went great today cait...
17:33 cait @wunder Konstanz
17:33 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 0.3�C (6:30 PM CET on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: -1.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1022.9 hPa (Steady).
17:33 cait Oak: glad to hear that :)
17:33 Oak @wunder islamabad
17:33 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad Airport, Pakistan is 26.0�C (5:00 PM PKT on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 17%. Dew Point: 6.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa.
17:33 Oak yes :]
17:33 Oak today was Business Communication...
17:36 Oak left #koha
17:36 vfernandes people can you help me with a problem.... i'm using koha 3.2.6 and UNIMARC. the problem is that when I search for aquisiction date (advanced search) there are some incorrect result... the searching is including the records which items were loaned or returned on the searching date
17:37 ago43 joined #koha
17:37 cait nengard: try grouping by biblionumber, borrowernumber perhaps
17:40 nengard thanks for the tip
17:41 ago43 left #koha
17:41 vfernandes no one have any idea what can be?
17:42 rangi i dont use unimarc sorry vfernandes
17:42 vfernandes but marc21 works fine?
17:44 nengard cait++
17:44 nengard I love you!!!
17:44 nengard Thank you :)
17:44 nengard got to train now but will share the report on the wiki when i'm done
17:44 cait yay
17:44 cait glad it worked
17:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #522: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/522/
17:46 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 2629: Add diacritic support for Å® (U with ring)
17:46 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 4161: Preselect active currency for new vendors
17:46 jenkins_koha * nahuel.angelinetti: (bug #4518) enhance 2.2 to 3.0 scripts
17:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2629 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , Diacritics not being ignored when searching
17:46 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 5150 - Issuing should read Circulation
17:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4161 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , When adding Vendor default to active currencies
17:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4518 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Enhance 2.2 to 3.0 scripts
17:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5150 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Issuing should read Circulation
17:46 jenkins_koha Starting build 523 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 28 j ago)
17:50 druthb joined #koha
17:50 druthb hi, #koha...say howdy to librarians from Bethel University, in Mckenzie, TN!  New Koha library!
17:51 cait Guten Tag :)
17:51 rangi hiya Bethel
17:52 * rangi wanders off to get ready for a new day in NZ
17:52 druthb :)
17:52 cait ... cooking dinner now in Germany
17:52 wizzyrea getting ready for lunch in Kansas
17:53 druthb :D
17:53 wizzyrea druthb: got any questions from the folks we can answer?
17:54 druthb wizzyrea: nope.  Koha is so darn easy to use, they're in love.  :)
17:54 wizzyrea :D awesome.
17:54 druthb Cataloging training today...sooooo much better than their current system.
17:54 wizzyrea we work hard to make it that way ;)
17:56 francharb bye all!
17:56 francharb see ya!
17:57 francharb is now known as francharb_away
17:57 pastebot "libsysguy" at pasted "Search Question" (10 lines) at
17:57 libsysguy ok so I just got that email
17:57 libsysguy and I don't really know how to answer it
17:57 jenkins_koha Starting build 60 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 1 mo. 9 j ago)
17:57 libsysguy could somebody maybe give me a pointer
17:57 kmkale left #koha
17:58 libsysguy (no pun intended)
17:59 wizzyrea url of your catalog?
17:59 * druthb waves
17:59 druthb left #koha
17:59 libsysguy
18:01 wizzyrea well and even more, it did a stem search for m27 and came up with m277
18:01 wizzyrea which is how she got that result
18:02 wizzyrea because it had both of her search strings in it
18:02 libsysguy yeah that is what I thought
18:02 libsysguy so it does a search like m27* && B$*
18:02 libsysguy b4*
18:02 wizzyrea right
18:03 libsysguy why an and instead of an or
18:03 wizzyrea well
18:03 wizzyrea you would use advanced search if you wanted an or
18:03 wizzyrea simple search assumes and
18:03 libsysguy ahh gotcha
18:04 libsysguy is there a way to not include the wildcards?
18:04 wizzyrea i am not aware of one
18:04 libsysguy ok
18:08 francharb_away left #koha
18:14 anandology left #koha
18:16 vfernandes left #koha
18:21 talljoy-away is now known as talljoy
18:29 rangi @wunder wellington nz
18:29 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0�C (7:00 AM NZDT on November 17, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 8.0�C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
18:30 rangi nice
18:30 wizzyrea def, it's 4 here
18:30 cait @wunder Konstanz
18:30 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -0.4�C (7:25 PM CET on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: -2.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 30.22 in 1023.2 hPa (Steady).
18:30 maximep @wunder québec
18:30 cait !!
18:30 huginn maximep: Error: No such location could be found.
18:30 maximep of course :p
18:30 maximep @wunder montreal
18:30 huginn maximep: Error: No such location could be found.
18:31 cait maximep: airport code works better sometime
18:31 wahanui cait: I can't seem to access my airport data -- perhaps try again later.
18:31 cait s
18:32 maximep @wunder yul
18:32 huginn maximep: The current temperature in Montreal / Dorval International, Que, Quebec is 13.0�C (1:00 PM EST on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.72 in 1006 hPa (Falling).
18:32 maximep @wunder yqb
18:32 huginn maximep: The current temperature in lac st-charles, quebec city, Quebec is 7.2�C (1:30 PM EST on November 16, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 6.0�C. Windchill: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009.0 hPa (Steady).
18:32 maximep lac st-charles ?? haha
18:33 * rangi waves from the bus
18:34 rangi maximep: great blog post about koha on the libeo site
18:34 maximep ;)
18:34 rangi I got francois (french canadian who works with me) to translate
18:34 maximep big things coming soon for koha at libeo
18:34 * wizzyrea got google to translate
18:35 rangi very cool
18:35 cait url?
18:35 wahanui url is, like, horrid :)
18:35 wizzyrea[…]-l-education.html
18:35 rangi I hope to get to montreal next year
18:37 wizzyrea libsysguy your opac is purty :)
18:38 cait maximep: :)
18:38 maximep have you ever seen the opac of one of our library?
18:38 wizzyrea maybe?
18:38 wizzyrea link?
18:38 wahanui link is probably a bit confusing
18:38 maximep
18:39 rangi ohh
18:39 wizzyrea very nice :)
18:39 wizzyrea hmm
18:39 wizzyrea I may have to borrow your login box. ^.^
18:39 maximep thousands of line changes in the code to achieve that
18:39 rangi let's make a wiki page, really simple, with nice opacs
18:39 cait hm
18:39 cait there is one :)
18:39 wizzyrea ? why so many changes
18:39 wizzyrea shouldn't be so hard.
18:39 rangi let's update it then
18:40 maximep for our 3.6 version we are starting from scratch
18:40 rangi
18:40 cait you always learn new things... with each iteration :)
18:40 wizzyrea mhm
18:40 wizzyrea well and things change anyway
18:40 cait I like the footer
18:41 rangi is only css
18:41 wizzyrea still loading for me :)
18:41 maximep same for me
18:41 rangi its on adsl in small town nz
18:41 maximep unless 5 viewers is enough to bring it down :p
18:41 rangi no
18:42 wizzyrea is all css too
18:42 rangi its just not much pipe
18:45 rangi rural broadband in a country this size
18:45 rangi not something the "market" is gonna deliver
18:45 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
18:46 rhcl cait: are you going to FOSDEM 2012 (Belgium)?
18:46 cait ah no :)
18:47 cait looks interesting though
18:48 wizzyrea same in our area
18:48 wizzyrea re: broadband
18:49 rangi my stop
18:49 rangi bbiab
18:53 wizzyrea any thoughts about -- did this change
18:54 trea is now known as trea-away
18:54 cait hm
18:54 cait we do that for other things
18:54 cait like when the patron is debarred
18:54 cait perhaps making it consistent ?
18:54 cait what happens when you ry to check out?
18:54 cait and I wonder... if it was different before
18:55 cait I seem to rmember it gets hidden
18:57 cait oh
18:57 * cait is tired
18:57 cait wizzyrea: yes, I think it was different sometime before
18:59 rangi wizzyrea: whats your question?
19:00 rangi you say if it has expired it will be hidden right?
19:00 rangi but in your picutre it hasnt expired
19:00 rangi it says, it will expire soon
19:00 rangi does it go away on someone who has actually expired?
19:01 rangi (thats a new feature, warning you someones membership is gonna expire soon)
19:01 cait ooh
19:01 cait no
19:01 cait it's not new
19:01 cait it#s a syspref
19:01 cait the one in the opac is new
19:01 cait and the syspref has a name I never remember
19:01 rangi yeah but im just trying to clarify what wizzy is asking
19:02 cait but you are right, it will hide when it is expired, only saying expire soon before
19:02 rangi because that screencast isnt showing an expired patron
19:02 cait NotifyBorrowerDeparture
19:03 cait Show a notice that a patron is about to expire                                                                                                                                                                        days beforehand.
19:03 cait bad copy & paste
19:05 * cait goes to hide on the couch
19:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #523: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 28 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/523/
19:15 jenkins_koha cnighswonger: Bug 7207 - Reverting a portion of commit 607b5449bd5cb which breaks the label export script.
19:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7207 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED , Cannot export label batches
19:18 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #60: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 21 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/60/
19:18 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 2629: Add diacritic support for Å® (U with ring)
19:18 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 4161: Preselect active currency for new vendors
19:18 jenkins_koha * nahuel.angelinetti: (bug #4518) enhance 2.2 to 3.0 scripts
19:18 jenkins_koha * cnighswonger: Bug 7207 - Reverting a portion of commit 607b5449bd5cb which breaks the label export script.
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2629 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , Diacritics not being ignored when searching
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4161 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , When adding Vendor default to active currencies
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4518 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Enhance 2.2 to 3.0 scripts
19:19 rangi[…]ion-of-saarc.html
19:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 1 for job Koha_3.6.x
19:48 tcohen left #koha
20:00 ago43 joined #koha
20:05 kathryn joined #koha
20:08 melia is now known as melia_away
20:08 melia_away left #koha
20:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #1: UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.6.x/1/
20:12 aarkerio joined #koha
20:12 nengard left #koha
20:23 cait left #koha
20:32 maximep the discussion about a mobile version of koha that spawned from a question of our client is pretty interesting
20:32 maximep is great imo
20:37 trea-away is now known as trea
20:38 jcamins_ans joined #koha
20:39 jcamins_ans Hello, #koha.
20:39 jcamins_ans Demonstrating the Koha IRC channel to the new cataloger at the ANS.
20:39 jcamins_ans Say hi!
20:39 rhcl Hi new cataloger!
20:39 trea hello catalogers. o/
20:40 chrisdothall \o/
20:41 maximep hey =)
20:42 wizzyrea yes, hi, sorry you were right rangi - it was an expire soon thing
20:42 wizzyrea reading fail
20:43 rangi :-)
20:44 rangi phew
20:44 wizzyrea this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't look at the screenshot carefully enough.
20:45 rangi im just glad it wasnt a regression
20:45 * wizzyrea too
20:45 jcamins_ans left #koha
20:45 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
20:50 jwagner left #koha
20:52 hdl left #koha
20:53 aarkerio hi! I am looking for an analytic record "template"
20:53 aarkerio I mean, I don't know what AR "looks like"
20:59 anathemizatu joined #koha
21:00 anathemizatu Hello everybody
21:01 wizzyrea hi
21:02 anathemizatu I have a problem with Zebra indexation. Could someone help me with understanding the output of zebra-rebuild?
21:03 anathemizatu I find that the messages from row 107 to 111 are strange
21:04 rangi anathemizatu: what version of koha?
21:04 rangi 3.4.something?
21:04 Phlunk3 joined #koha
21:04 rangi what that usually  means is that one of the records is too long marc has a byte limit
21:05 rangi so call it with -x
21:05 anathemizatu Koha 3.4.5
21:05 rangi to say use marcxml
21:05 rangi koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v -b -x libtest2
21:05 rangi like that
21:05 melia_away joined #koha
21:05 rangi marcxml doesnt suffer from the same limit as raw marc does
21:06 melia_away is now known as melia
21:06 rangi the bib numbers are stored in 999
21:06 rangi so if the record is too long, often they get truncated, so usually this is a sign of that happening
21:06 anathemizatu When I do koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v -x -b libtest2 I get the following error:Cannot specify both -a and -x Please do '/usr/share/koha/bin/migrat​ion_tools/ --help' to see usage.
21:06 rangi hmm
21:07 rangi maybe that was fixed post 3.4.5
21:07 rangi because in 3.6.0 at least it doesnt pass the -x to the authorities bit
21:07 rangi did it at least build the full biblio index before that
21:08 rangi in master and 3.6
21:08 rangi it does
21:08 rangi run_zebra $name -b $opt_idx $opt_xml $opts_other
21:08 rangi then
21:08 rangi run_zebra $name -a $opt_idx $opts_other
21:09 anathemizatu It seems like it did, but anyway the same errors appear
21:09 anathemizatu row 41-42
21:09 rangi right, in that case, it looks like you have a busted record
21:10 rangi in mysql, take a look at the marcxml column of biblioitems
21:10 * trea can't seem to recall if barcode prefixes can be speficied in koha, and what the name of it's syspref is. Anyone know?
21:11 rangi trea: the only ones i know are autoBarcode and itemBarcodeInputFilter
21:11 trea that's what i was guessing as well, rangi
21:12 rangi[…]denoids-are-gone/  <-- the alt tag is for those old enough to get it
21:12 wizzyrea hehe
21:14 anathemizatu rangi: I've got a subfield like this: <subfield code="5">Test �??�?p??�??????????</subfield>
21:14 anathemizatu Is this it?
21:14 rangi unlikely, but that doesnt look pretty
21:15 rangi actually yeah that might be it
21:15 rangi does it have a 999 field ?
21:15 rangi with a c and d subfield?
21:15 ago43 is now known as ago_away
21:16 anathemizatu No, it is is 200 field
21:16 anathemizatu with 5, a, e subfields
21:16 anathemizatu Should I check for a 999 field?
21:20 eternalsw joined #koha
21:23 eternalsw I'm upgrading to 3.6 (not really an upgrade as I'm setting it up on a new machine).  I cannot get the zebra search daemon to start.  I have checked and scripts are in same location on both machines.  I have set up the same koha user and the same site configuration.  I get no error message, the daemon just refuses to start.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but am about out of ideas.
21:24 eternalsw I'm on debian.
21:24 nengard joined #koha
21:25 rangi anathemizatu: yes
21:25 rangi eternalsw: using the packages or an install from tarball?
21:30 eternalsw install from tarball
21:31 rangi hmm
21:31 rangi then i dont know off the top of my head im afraid
21:31 eternalsw I copied all of the debian/scripts to /usr/sbin and set up koha-common crons and init.d
21:32 eternalsw the rebuild worked flawlessly.
21:32 rangi oh so you were using the packages originally?
21:32 rangi cos those scripts are all for use with the packaged version
21:33 eternalsw hmm, maybe I need to go that route then.
21:33 rangi and some may, and some probably won't work with a version not installed using them
21:33 rangi for the tarball
21:33 rangi you need to follow the instructiosn in INSTALL.debian
21:33 rangi and set up the init.d and cron jobs etc that way
21:34 rangi misc/cronjobs/crontab.example gives you an example
21:34 rangi conversly
21:34 rangi you can install the koha-common package
21:34 eternalsw I switched away from that because that wasn't working either.  Let me try those again.
21:35 rangi[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
21:36 anathemizatu left #koha
21:39 maximep manual?
21:39 wahanui manual is at
21:40 eternalsw rangi, must have had permissions wrong before.  working fine now with tarball script.  thanks for the info.
21:41 rangi sweet
21:41 rangi no worries
21:41 rangi i recommend the packages for the future installs tho
21:42 rangi apt-get upgrade is a lot easier ;-)
21:43 eternalsw we have a custom cutter table that I added to the last install.  using the tarball makes adding that easier.  though I suppose I should really use git :P
21:45 rangi oh we provide scripts to build a package too :)
21:45 rangi ./debian/build-git-snapshot -r /tmp
21:46 rangi :)
21:46 rangi just fyi
21:57 ago_away is now known as ago43
22:01 Johnindy_ joined #koha
22:04 Irma joined #koha
22:09 Johnindy left #koha
22:10 aarkerio hi!  is this a valid MARC format:
22:10 aarkerio[…]ew/aarkerio/17689
22:27 aarkerio left #koha
22:45 hankbank joined #koha
22:52 druthb joined #koha
22:52 eternalsw left #koha
22:56 sekjal joined #koha
22:56 druthb left #koha
22:56 trea is now known as trea-away
22:58 maximep left #koha
23:02 rangi hmm
23:02 rangi i want to shift the SIPconfig.xml out of C4 into etc/
23:02 rangi any objecttions?
23:02 rangi ttt
23:03 wizzyrea that makes sense to me - but will it mess it up for people running SIP now?
23:04 rangi shouldnt nope
23:04 rangi id hope that ppl
23:04 rangi have moved it already
23:04 rangi but if not, will still work
23:04 rangi (if they havent moved it already and upgrade would trash their version with the ones in the tarball/git/packages)
23:05 rangi so thsi would actually make it safer to upgrade :)
23:05 rangi cos an upgrade will stomp all over whatever you have in C4/
23:05 sekjal rangi:  YES
23:05 rangi but not what is in you koha-dev/etc or /etc dir
23:05 rangi sekjal: you object?
23:06 sekjal rangi:  no, no, I'm very eager for you to do it
23:06 rangi cool
23:06 rangi bug 7238
23:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7238 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , The SIPconfig.xml is stored in the C4/SIP dir
23:06 sekjal sorry, my response was unclear given later lines
23:06 NateC left #koha
23:06 rangi i need to set up a sip for another client today
23:06 rangi so ill do it now
23:07 dani joined #koha
23:08 dani Hello!
23:08 rangi hiya dani
23:09 hankbank left #koha
23:09 * dani feels like she tried to take a drink from a firehose today.
23:16 rangi long day?
23:20 dani yeah. Full day of new employee orientation.
23:21 rangi ahhh
23:26 melia left #koha
23:26 dani So I've now officially exited academia (for the past 15+ years I've been doing IT in that arena) and now work for SAS.
23:28 nengard left #koha
23:29 chris_n +1 to the sip config file move fwiw
23:36 rangi dani: ohh that'll be a bit of a change
23:39 dani Yeah, a bit.
23:39 dani But I'm looking forward to it.
23:40 talljoy is now known as talljoy-dnd
23:44 Phlunk3 hey guys, we're just looking at setting up a couple of laptops with koha hosted locally on them for the purpose of introducing them to a couple of more councils in fiji and preferably will buy some second hand laptops for this purpose, does anyone have some idea on the minimum specs which we should be looking for?
23:45 rangi go for as much ram as is affordable
23:45 rangi the rest doesnt matter so much
23:46 rangi im assuming the laptop will be acting as client and server? ie running a full X etc?
23:46 rangi or just as a server?
23:53 ago43 left #koha
23:56 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6303] Display Organisation and Parent Organisation names when viewing a borrower of type organistaion <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6303>

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary