IRC log for #koha, 2011-10-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:15 melia left #koha
00:24 sndwrx left #koha
00:28 sndwrx joined #koha
00:30 dkg joined #koha
00:30 dkg i have an old koha 3.0.x install that i'm trying to maintain
00:30 dkg barcode labels are not showing up properly (the pdf generated seems to be damaged)
00:30 dkg i'm considering upgrading to a newer version to see if i can fix things
00:31 dkg but i was wondering if there are any notes i should consider to do a more targeted fix first
00:34 dkg it seems like there are two instances of prInitVars() getting called on lines 86 and 116 of labels/ in the 3.0.x branch
01:05 dkg i've reported the problem (and offered a patch) here:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7111
01:05 huginn Bug 7111: normal, P5, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , creates malformed pdf files due to duplicate initialization of PDF::Reuse
01:06 dkg heh. i like the name of this channel's bot :)
01:06 rangi unfortunately 3.0.x is no longer maintained
01:06 rangi so the patch wont make it into a release, unless its based off master
01:06 dkg that patch will apply to master
01:07 rangi there was a huge amount of work done between 3.0 and 3.2 on lables
01:07 dkg ah, nice.
01:07 rangi ill change that from rel_3_0 to master then
01:07 dkg when i get some spare cycles to upgrade this installation, what's the recommended upgrade path for a 3.0 installation?
01:07 dkg rangi: it will apply to the master 3.0 branch
01:07 rangi yup
01:07 rangi thats why im changing the bug to say that
01:07 dkg that is, it doesn't just apply to 3.0.6
01:08 rangi if it says rel_3_0 .. no one will look at it :)
01:08 dkg but i doubt it's meaningful for the 3.6 master
01:08 dkg sorry for the confusion, i'm just getting my head around the version/branch situaton -- it's been several years since i've followed the koha community.
01:09 rangi i think safest is go to to 3.2.0, then 3.4.5 (or .6) .. and then to 3.6.1 (when its released next month)
01:09 rangi right we currently have 2 stable branches
01:09 rangi 3.4.x
01:09 rangi and 3.6.x
01:09 dkg ok, so don't try to do anything like jumping from 3.0.6 to 3.6.1 directly
01:09 rangi and then master, which is the dev branch
01:09 rangi it might work ;)
01:09 rangi but id do a back up first
01:09 dkg always
01:10 rangi and read the Upgrade section of the INSTALL file
01:10 rangi a few things changed in 3.4.x
01:10 dkg gotcha.
01:10 rangi including the templating engine and where marc data for items are stored
01:10 dkg the upgrade scripts migrate data to the new place?
01:11 rangi there is one you need to run, if you are migrating from an earlier version to 3.4.x
01:11 rangi its documented in the INSTALL file tho
01:11 dkg gotcha.
01:11 dkg ok, thanks.
01:11 rangi no worries, good luck
01:12 * dkg wishes there was more time allocated to working on this installation :(
01:13 dkg rangi: so is "master" the right designation for something that does only apply against the 3.0.x branch?
01:13 rangi i thought you said it would apply to master?
01:13 rangi ahh you meant it will only  apply to 3.0.x ?
01:13 dkg sorry, i tried to clarify that.
01:14 rangi yeah, that branch is dead, so that patch will never go anywhere
01:14 * dkg sheds a tear into the unmaintained void
01:14 dkg ah well
02:21 wizzyrea what's up party people.
02:22 rangi not much, i just want some ghost chips
02:22 eythian you can't eat them
02:22 rangi heh
02:22 wizzyrea O.o
02:22 rangi thats gonna be a new meme
02:22 rangi
02:22 wizzyrea oh dear
02:23 wizzyrea fush chups!
02:23 rangi puzzle time
02:23 rangi thats another one thats gonna stick
02:23 wizzyrea hmm that's one of the better psa's
02:23 rangi yup
02:24 wizzyrea "you didn't die. That's awesome!"
02:24 wizzyrea um, paraphrased of course
03:13 wizzyrea had anybody reported the fact that if you have 2 prices, for example $18.05 ($20.00 CAN) in the 020$c, imports to acq baskets fails?
03:14 wizzyrea "only one decimal separator permitted on"
03:14 wizzyrea line 209
03:18 rangi hmm
03:19 rangi nope
03:19 rangi but cait would know for sure
03:19 wizzyrea truf. will ask her
03:20 wizzyrea I didn't check that on master
03:20 wizzyrea 3.05.11 I think
03:20 wizzyrea will check that tomorrow
03:20 rangi cool
03:22 libsysguy joined #koha
03:23 wizzyrea libsysguy?
03:23 wahanui it has been said that libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck
03:23 wizzyrea keke
03:23 libsysguy hehe
03:23 libsysguy you always get me wizzyrea
03:23 wizzyrea i do :)
03:23 libsysguy what are you doing up so late
03:23 wizzyrea pf it's only 10:30
03:23 wizzyrea bug hunting, actually
03:24 libsysguy haha i know…but if feels like I've been cleaning forever
03:24 libsysguy wow…this seems like gender reversal
03:24 wizzyrea ^.^
03:24 libsysguy ohhh bug hunting
03:24 libsysguy i thought you said you'd been hunting :p
03:24 * wizzyrea has been defying (some) gender stereotypes since 1979
03:24 libsysguy what bug is bugging you?
03:25 wizzyrea oh, I figured out what was happening
03:25 libsysguy ohh
03:25 libsysguy was it the syspref that you were talking about earlier today?
03:25 wizzyrea it was a bug in acq, where if you have 2 prices in the 020$c, for example $10.00 (20.00 CAN) acq comes back with a fatal error
03:25 wizzyrea nope, that's a project for tomorrow too though :)
03:26 libsysguy speaking of projects I need to round up the notices group
03:26 wizzyrea oh, I should specify: when the record is being brought in from a staged file
03:26 libsysguy wizzyrea++ for squishing bugs
03:26 wizzyrea well I haven't squished it yet
03:27 wizzyrea but I did find it.
03:27 wizzyrea :P
03:27 libsysguy i take it back :p
03:27 wizzyrea hey knowing is half the battle
03:27 libsysguy true dat
03:28 libsysguy i guess bywater is on their way to india
03:28 wizzyrea sekjal brendan and ruth are yea
03:30 trea-away and jessem
03:30 trea-away is now known as trea
03:30 wizzyrea http://icanhascheezburger.file[…]res-si-senior.jpg
03:30 libsysguy dang i meant to catch ruth
03:31 trea bug 7112
03:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7112 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Having two prices in 020$c causes basket creation to fail from staged marc import
03:31 libsysguy hehe
03:31 wizzyrea woohoo
03:31 wizzyrea cait may be interested in squishing that one
03:32 libsysguy @wunder 75707
03:32 huginn libsysguy: The current temperature in Lake Tyler -D3895, Tyler, Texas is 13.3�C (10:30 PM CDT on October 27, 2011). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 30.03 in 1016.8 hPa (Steady).
03:32 libsysguy wants huginn to convert to F
03:32 wizzyrea 13 is somewhere around chilly
03:33 libsysguy haha yes it is chilly
03:33 libsysguy
03:34 wizzyrea lulz
03:34 libsysguy i love that meme
03:34 trea heh
03:34 libsysguy and business cat
03:34 wizzyrea my favorite is professor cat
03:35 libsysguy trea and wizzyrea do you reddit?
03:35 wizzyrea hehe no not really
03:35 libsysguy or perhaps I should ask…What time does the Narwhal Bacon?
03:35 trea i used to. i kinda had to stop
03:35 wizzyrea i... i got nuthin
03:36 libsysguy stopping reddit is like stopping  a cocane addiction…you don't
03:36 libsysguy aww wizzy :(
03:36 wizzyrea huh, know your meme to the rescue
03:37 * wizzyrea now knows what time the Narwhal Bacon's
03:37 libsysguy haha excellent
03:37 libsysguy welcome to the first stages of reddit addiction
03:38 * libsysguy remembers wizzyrea is a mod…must stay on the topic of Koha
03:38 wizzyrea lol no I'm not
03:38 wizzyrea at the moment >.>
03:38 * wizzyrea will fix it later MUA HA HA
03:38 libsysguy oh…nevermind then :p
03:38 libsysguy eek
03:38 * libsysguy fears getting booted :p
03:39 wizzyrea has anybody ever gone shouty over topic on NZ friday?
03:39 wizzyrea I think not
03:40 libsysguy haha true
03:40 libsysguy I just don't want to overstep my bounds on the board :)
03:40 wizzyrea
03:40 wizzyrea there
03:40 libsysguy but you guys are cool so its hard not to get off topic
03:40 * wizzyrea oversteps
03:40 wizzyrea by quite a lot.
03:41 libsysguy lmao
03:42 libsysguy ill just leave this here then
03:43 libsysguy and this to redeem myself
03:43 libsysguy
03:43 libsysguy wizzyrea do you know how long kohacon is?
03:44 wizzyrea not strictly off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up
03:45 libsysguy its ok
03:45 libsysguy i may just stalk druthb while she is there
03:45 wizzyrea :)
03:45 wizzyrea she lost her phone today
03:45 wizzyrea so email and fb only I guess
03:45 libsysguy she lost it?
03:45 wizzyrea yea in philly
03:46 libsysguy geez
03:46 libsysguy so no tethering
04:00 phlunk3 left #koha
04:05 trea left #koha
04:17 kathryn left #koha
04:21 Oak joined #koha
04:21 Oak kia ora #koha
04:21 Oak @wunder islamabad
04:21 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad Airport, Pakistan is 17.0�C (11:00 PM PKT on October 27, 2011). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa.
04:25 rangi how annoying
04:25 rangi fire alarm during beer o'clock
04:26 wizzyrea WHAAT
04:26 wizzyrea you were robbed
04:28 rangi yeah
04:28 rangi then had to go up 7 flights of stairs to get my jacket
04:28 rangi then back down
04:29 rangi cos lifts got left set to special service
04:29 rangi now I've exercised all the beer out!
04:30 Oak that's good
04:31 Oak for Koha
04:31 Oak the exercise part
04:31 rangi Hehe nope
04:31 rangi im not doing any koha stuff for the next few weeks
04:31 Oak :)
04:31 rangi im on sabbatical
04:32 rangi recharging batteries after the release
04:33 Oak oh yes. of course. have a lot of fun rangi :)
04:33 rangi well im at conferences so sorta fun heh
04:33 Oak :)
04:39 libsysguy left #koha
04:53 miguel left #koha
05:03 miguel joined #koha
05:09 ebegin left #koha
05:09 ebegin joined #koha
05:16 kmkale joined #koha
05:16 kmkale Namaskaar #koha
05:24 * eythian leaves work now, and tomorrow morning gets on a plane (then another, then another.)
05:27 eythian is now known as eythian_work
06:14 alex_a bonjour
06:24 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:24 Oak left #koha
06:27 Irma joined #koha
06:47 miguel left #koha
06:53 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:57 miguel joined #koha
06:59 reiveune joined #koha
06:59 reiveune hello
07:01 magnuse bonjour
07:09 asaurat joined #koha
07:15 Irma left #koha
07:16 Irma joined #koha
07:20 matts_away is now known as matts
07:22 reiveune left #koha
07:22 reiveune joined #koha
08:05 cait joined #koha
08:06 sophie_m joined #koha
08:07 cait morning #koha
08:09 sophie_m hi cait
08:09 cait hi sophie_m :)
08:16 sophie_m left #koha
08:17 stuartyeates left #koha
08:21 Guillaume joined #koha
08:23 Guillaume left #koha
08:24 Guillaume joined #koha
08:32 kivilahtio left #koha
09:01 kmkale left #koha
09:01 hdl joined #koha
09:12 kmkale joined #koha
09:12 fabio_t joined #koha
09:13 fabio_t Hi folks! :)
09:15 cait hi fabio_t
09:16 fabio_t I'm importing some records from the GUI, but I'm having problems with diacritics.
09:17 fabio_t I'm on Koha 3.6 (.deb version) and I can't find the preference for template encoding - I'm not sure if Koha's intranet are UTF-8 or Latin
09:17 fabio_t * intranet is
09:18 fabio_t Browser (Firefox) is UTF-8
09:19 fabio_t output of SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "character\_set\_%"; in mysql is the following:
09:19 fabio_t character_set_client     | latin1 | | character_set_connection | latin1 | | character_set_database   | latin1 | | character_set_filesystem | binary | | character_set_results    | latin1 | | character_set_server     | latin1 | | character_set_system     | utf8
09:20 cait are your records utf8?
09:20 fabio_t if I run SHOW CREATE TABLE somekohatable; it returns utf8
09:20 cait hm,
09:21 cait there used to be a tutorial on the wiki about setting up mysql
09:21 cait not sure it's up to date yet
09:21 cait[…]cter_Sets_in_Koha
09:21 cait still
09:22 fabio_t I'm not sure, i have a .iso file with the records, how can i check if they're utf8?
09:22 fabio_t thank you cait, i'm checking it
09:22 cait fabio_t: not sure :(
09:23 cait perhaps they are marc8
09:23 cait you can set the encoding when importing the records
09:23 cait perhaps try different settings
09:25 fabio_t unfortunately i didn't make the export file myself
09:26 fabio_t some more info: i'm on Linux Mint 11
09:26 fabio_t if i run locale -a i got this:
09:26 fabio_t C en_AG en_AG.utf8 en_AU.utf8 en_BW.utf8 en_CA.utf8 en_DK.utf8 en_GB.utf8 en_HK.utf8 en_IE.utf8 en_IN en_IN.utf8 en_NG en_NG.utf8 en_NZ.utf8 en_PH.utf8 en_SG.utf8 en_US.utf8 en_ZA.utf8 en_ZW.utf8 it_CH.utf8 it_IT.utf8 POSIX zh_CN.utf8 zh_SG.utf8
09:26 cait hm if you run locale?
09:27 cait I think the problem is probably not your database
09:27 cait but the data import
09:27 cait I would try importing them with different encodings
09:27 cait and see if one works
09:27 cait there is a pulldown
09:27 cait for encoding on the page for staged import
09:28 fabio_t could i set encoding by importing them with the GUI?
09:28 fabio_t ok thanks
09:29 hdl left #koha
09:30 fabio_t are Koha 3.6 pages UTF8 by default?
09:31 cait they should be yes
09:33 fabio_t ty
09:37 fabio_t is now known as fabio_t_away
09:38 kohanew joined #koha
09:41 fabio_t_away is now known as fabio_t
09:43 fabio_t tried with UTF-8 instead of Default in the pulldown but no way
09:44 fabio_t è and similar characters are still messed up
09:44 Irma left #koha
09:45 Irma joined #koha
09:46 fabio_t i will try to edit my.cnf
09:47 fabio_t do i have to create the database again after that?
09:50 fabio_t no probably just restart mysqld
09:50 fabio_t sorry
10:31 fabio_t see you and thanks again cait
10:31 fabio_t left #koha
10:45 kohanew I have added 1000 record through MarcEdit and successfully exported in Koha with framework: Default. but all 1000 books not available for Checkout. I have reviewed In Cataloging >Edit Items these fields are showing blank ("Koha item type" , "Source of classification or shelving scheme" , "Permanent location" , "Current location"
10:52 kohanew rangi: any suggestions please
10:53 kohanew chris_n: any suggestions please
11:03 ebegin left #koha
11:04 creative_sho joined #koha
11:04 creative_sho I have added 1000 record through MarcEdit and successfully exported in Koha with framework: Default. but all 1000 books not available for Checkout. I have reviewed In Cataloging >Edit Items these fields are showing blank ("Koha item type" , "Source of classification or shelving scheme" , "Permanent location" , "Current location"
11:09 creative_sho Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated
11:19 kohanew left #koha
11:25 jwagner joined #koha
11:25 cait creative_sho: have you imported your records with a 952 field for item information?
11:27 sophie_m joined #koha
11:42 hdl joined #koha
11:47 miguel left #koha
11:53 collum joined #koha
11:57 miguel joined #koha
12:08 ago joined #koha
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:44 oleonard cait: I mapped out some revised acquisitions navigation last night when I couldn't sleep :)
12:45 cait not sure if I should say yay now or worry :)
12:45 cait I am working on reimplementing an old patch right now, to show the fund on the receive screen... still working my way through acq :)
12:45 cait oleonard: so what does it look like? :)
12:46 oleonard It's all on paper at the moment. Actual paper!
12:46 oleonard What I'm worried about is that Biblibre might have a branch full of acquisitions changes which will be disruptive
12:48 chris_n oleonard++ # for making use of a sleepless night ;-)
12:48 oleonard Thank goodness it wasn't the whole night
12:49 cait hm
12:49 chris_n I've been doing some pretty neat stuff with Data Tables and jEditable in an in house app
12:49 cait have you seen the google doc paul linked to from one of the bugs?
12:49 cait they have a list
12:49 chris_n there's a lot of potential I think for Koha and Datatables
12:49 cait there is a lot of acq work
12:50 cait but if we wait... nothing will move forward in my experience
12:50 chris_n lack_of_coordination--
12:51 cait I am all for coordination
12:51 cait only it's hard
12:54 oleonard chris_n: I think that's the direction we're going, but I'm not sure where to begin
12:55 trea joined #koha
12:55 chris_n I think that short schedules and lack of time probably is the big coordination killer
12:57 cait lack of communication is another
12:58 chris_n right; I think that may fall prey to scheduling as well
12:58 cait i think even if we coordinate
12:58 cait there will always be some conflicts to solve
12:58 cait and one of the problem with coordinating is
12:58 chris_n it might be helpful to have regular monthly meetings for each component of Koha
12:58 cait that we are not good at submitting things when they are supposed to be submitted
12:59 chris_n or at least those undergoing rapid development
12:59 cait which would be necessary to build one feature on the other
12:59 cait instead we keep waiting, because we know someone is working on it
12:59 chris_n true
12:59 cait and things never get fixed
12:59 cait and I am really tired of that
13:12 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
13:14 miguel left #koha
13:21 maximep joined #koha
13:24 miguel joined #koha
13:35 Irma left #koha
13:48 oleonard cait: This is the kind of change I'm working on: Grouping "view" actions in the left-hand menu, "do" actions in the toolbar
13:50 cait looks cool :)
13:50 cait but will it work for a vendor list?
13:50 oleonard No :) But I'm still working on the contextual logic
13:50 cait ok :)
13:50 cait I am almost done with showing the fund on the receive page :)
14:00 cait bah
14:00 cait confused attachement and bug numer...
14:00 cait *sighs*
14:11 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 3184] Show creator and budget receiving a document <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3184>
14:16 jcamins_away Is there a meeting now?
14:16 jcamins_away Oh, no, no meeting, just official-sounding discussions. :)
14:16 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:17 wizzyrea but 7112
14:18 wizzyrea bug 7112
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7112 normal, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Having two prices in 020$c causes basket creation to fail from staged marc import
14:18 wizzyrea cait did you know that?
14:18 wizzyrea and good morning :)
14:18 cait no i didn#t
14:18 cait never occured in my tests - wrong data I guess
14:19 wizzyrea yea, OCLC has an annoying habit of putting the USD and the CDN both in there, apparently
14:19 cait hi jcamins and wizzyrea :)
14:19 cait CDN?
14:19 wizzyrea or CAN
14:19 wizzyrea canadian price
14:20 cait ah
14:21 cait is 3388 still desirable?
14:22 wizzyrea bug 3388
14:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3388 minor, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Add a Vendor page does not have field for accountnumber
14:23 cait :)
14:23 * wizzyrea worked for the very first time last night in acquisitions
14:23 wizzyrea it's a scary place, but works well enough.
14:24 cait yes, it's a scary place :)
14:24 cait I have some patches waiting for sign-off...
14:24 cait *hinthint*
14:24 cait heh
14:24 wizzyrea >.< I don't know it that well
14:24 wizzyrea speaking of which, I need to go check on the circ bugs.
14:25 oleonard Give 'em a little honey, they love that.
14:25 wizzyrea they tell me you attract more bugs with honey
14:25 wizzyrea not so sure I want to do that >.>
14:25 cait hehe
14:25 * wizzyrea gets out the RAID
14:26 * cait feels lonely in acq
14:27 wizzyrea we really need the people using it to be testing the fixes, but I'm not sure of the best strategy to get them involved
14:27 wizzyrea people with mature acquisitions data
14:34 cait I think most of the fixes right now are small
14:34 cait and easy to test
14:34 wizzyrea msg me a list and I'll try to sign off on some this afternoon
14:38 cait um, ok
14:39 wizzyrea i mean of the ones you consider easy
14:39 wizzyrea lol
14:39 cait :)
14:39 cait bug 3184
14:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3184 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW , Show creator and budget receiving a document
14:40 cait bug 4161
14:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4161 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , When adding Vendor default to active currencies
14:41 cait bug 6894 - a bit trickier, but perhaps you can read through the test plan and tell me if it sounds correct
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6894 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , Order from suggestion defaulting to wrong currency
14:41 wizzyrea test plans make me happy
14:41 wizzyrea <3
14:41 cait bg 6994
14:41 cait bug 6994
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6994 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW , 'No budget defined' showing up although budgets and funds are defined
14:42 cait I tried to add one to every of my patches, you can send them back to me when it's not clear :)
14:42 wizzyrea well 6894 and 4161 are sort of related
14:45 wizzyrea yea I can knock out several of those I think
14:45 wizzyrea at least I can verify the functionality
14:47 cait so, back to 3388 - desirable or unimportant?
14:47 cait and where would you display it on the vendor page?
14:47 * wizzyrea is not qualified to have an opinion
14:47 cait aaw
14:48 * cait bribes you with cookies
14:50 Guillaume left #koha
14:51 cait ok
14:51 cait web site or website?
14:51 cait we have both, one on the summary and one on the edit page
14:52 jcamins cait: both. :P
14:52 cait ok, i like website better
14:52 cait :P
14:52 cait consistency!
14:53 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7108] Lists of "Similar" languages break display across multiple lines in both Opac and Intranet <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7108>
14:53 sophie_m left #koha
14:59 sophie_m joined #koha
15:04 sophie_m left #koha
15:04 sophie_m joined #koha
15:05 kmkale left #koha
15:15 kmkale joined #koha
15:16 asaurat left #koha
15:24 Barrc joined #koha
15:25 matts is now known as matts_away
15:25 Barrc Does anyone have libraries/tools for making global changes to marcxml in biblioitems?
15:25 Barrc Or should I rip it out, parse it, change it and put it back in *sigh*!
15:26 jcamins Barrc: I usually either write a script to make the change, or export everything, edit outside Koha, then reimport, matching in the 999$c.
15:26 rhcl_away oleonard++
15:26 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:27 Barrc jcamins: That's what I thought......just wanted to make sure nobody had a handy little util for it first! Thanks...
15:27 rhcl --for off-site technical expos� on OverDrive
15:29 oleonard exposé? :)
15:30 oleonard I'm with you though rhcl, Overdrive is a mess. Unfortunately it's the only mess we have at the moment.
15:31 wizzyrea kansas is getting some sort of 3m thinger
15:31 oleonard You can your technical mumbo-jumbo
15:31 jcamins Did I miss something?
15:32 Barrc oleonard: what about Clipper?
15:32 Barrc as an Overdrive replacement?
15:33 oleonard Barrc: Don't know it
15:33 oleonard jcamins: We're talking Overdrive on the ByWater partners list
15:33 Barrc oh, its basically OverDrive but cheaper and seemingly better  - I am not involved in anyway BTW!!
15:34 oleonard url?
15:34 wahanui url is horrid :)
15:34 jcamins oleonard: ah.
15:34 oleonard Can it wahanui
15:34 alex_a left #koha
15:34 Barrc
15:35 Barrc or
15:37 melia joined #koha
15:37 wizzyrea crazy question of the day: which tables does zebra index from?
15:37 jcamins wizzyrea: biblioitems + items.
15:38 * wizzyrea assumes biblio, biblioitems, and items
15:38 wizzyrea ooo
15:38 oleonard I think DRM is inherently incompatible with any lending system which will be friendly to patrons.
15:44 Barrc left #koha
15:45 cait uh
15:45 oleonard This, for instance:[…]etail.php?id=5050
15:45 cait bug 3624 is confusing
15:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3624 trivial, P5, ---, ian.walls, REOPENED , Basket group delivery place
15:47 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 3388] Add a Vendor page does not have field for accountnumber <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3388>
15:57 wizzyrea @quote add oleonard: I think DRM is inherently incompatible with any lending system which will be friendly to patrons.
15:57 huginn wizzyrea: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
16:00 reiveune bye
16:00 reiveune left #koha
16:01 jcamins left #koha
16:02 jcamins joined #koha
16:05 wizzyrea @quote add oleonard: I think DRM is inherently incompatible with any lending system which will be friendly to patrons.
16:05 wahanui i already had it that way, wizzyrea.
16:05 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #162 added.
16:05 oleonard DRM?
16:05 wahanui DRM is, like, inherently incompatible with any lending system which will be friendly to patrons
16:05 oleonard Nice.
16:05 wizzyrea keke!
16:05 wizzyrea good one :)
16:10 trea @random
16:10 huginn trea: Error: The command "random" is available in the Factoids and Quote plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "random".
16:10 oleonard @quote random
16:10 huginn oleonard: Quote #142: "Pianohacker: hrm. What's the plural of ILS again? Rangi: ILSESESESESESES" (added by wizzyrea at 08:54 PM, June 08, 2011)
16:10 trea ah
16:11 wizzyrea @quote random
16:11 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #128: "When TDF was founded, the group's leadership invited Oracle to participate in the hope that the database giant would be willing to hand over the OOo trademark and allow the vendor-neutral governance body to take over stewardship of the project" (added by wizzyrea at 07:11 PM, April 18, 2011)
16:11 jcamins @quote random
16:11 huginn jcamins: Quote #20: "<wizzyrea> you will see no wedgie-ing from me" (added by jdavidb at 03:50 PM, July 31, 2009)
16:11 jcamins wizzyrea: you are definitely a theme.
16:11 jcamins @quote random
16:11 huginn jcamins: Quote #143: "rhcl: Blame the C coders; if it was written in Ada it would have exception handling." (added by wizzyrea at 09:51 PM, June 28, 2011)
16:11 jcamins Mentioned in 100% of the quotes.
16:12 wizzyrea so far >.>
16:12 wizzyrea I'm just the most prolific at adding them
16:12 wizzyrea @quote random
16:12 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #150: "<libsysguy> jcamins is the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra" (added by wizzyrea at 03:07 PM, August 30, 2011)
16:12 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
16:17 jcamins jcamins?
16:17 wahanui i guess jcamins is supposed to be an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution, but short of a set of three sysprefs (ShelfBrowserUsesLocation, ShelfBrowserUsesCcode, and ShelfBrowserUsesHomeBranch), I don't really have any ideas. or awesome fixing broken email notifications or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra
16:18 jcamins In another six months, perhaps wahanui will know a full screen-ful about me. :)
16:19 sophie_m left #koha
16:21 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7110] Renewal messages still displays in OPAC if OpacRenewalAllowed is disabled. <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7110>
16:22 cait jcamins:  :)
16:22 cait cait?
16:22 wahanui That's Ms. Cait to you!
16:22 cait doesn't know a lot about me apparaently :)
16:22 cait kf?
16:22 wahanui rumour has it kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss
16:22 jcamins Heh.
16:24 jcamins I think wahanui has forgotten how to handle <reply>
16:25 cait eythian said he has to fix something there
16:26 jcamins eythian?
16:26 wahanui eythian is, like, in NZ. ;) or a good influence
16:26 jcamins :)
16:26 jcamins wizzyrea?
16:26 wahanui I LIKE BAO or all about the resluts
16:27 jcamins jcamins_away?
16:27 wahanui jcamins_away is currently working on fixing a bug. or building packages, which have a number of changes from Master that could never make it into Koha proper (for good reason).
16:28 wizzyrea is there a known bug on vendor search?
16:28 wizzyrea on 3.6
16:29 jcamins @help
16:29 huginn jcamins: (help [<plugin>] [<command>]) -- This command gives a useful description of what <command> does. <plugin> is only necessary if the command is in more than one plugin.
16:29 wizzyrea any time i search for a vendor i get a fatal error
16:29 jcamins @bug search vendor
16:29 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]bug.cgi?id=search could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
16:29 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]bug.cgi?id=vendor could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
16:29 jcamins That didn't work.
16:29 wizzyrea @bug list vendor
16:29 huginn wizzyrea: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=list could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
16:29 huginn wizzyrea: Bug[…]bug.cgi?id=vendor could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
16:29 jcamins @help bug
16:29 huginn jcamins: (bug <bug_id> [<bug_ids>]) -- Reports the details of the bugs with the listed ids to this channel. Accepts bug aliases as well as numeric ids. Your list can be separated by spaces, commas, and the word "and" if you want.
16:29 oleonard wizzyrea: I noticed that error in the ByWater demo last night but haven't seen it in my test system
16:30 wizzyrea @bugzilla search vendor
16:30 huginn wizzyrea: downloading the Perl source
16:30 wizzyrea hmm
16:30 wizzyrea bug 7085
16:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7085 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Problems with searching for orders in acquisitions
16:31 wizzyrea hm no
16:31 wizzyrea it's def in my test system
16:31 wizzyrea i can't search for vendors at all
16:31 wizzyrea trea were you telling me about a bug in vendor search?
16:32 miguel left #koha
16:32 trea mmm, not that i recall, no
16:32 trea let me check
16:32 wizzyrea k
16:33 cait grr
16:34 cait why can't you fix typos in bugzilla? :(
16:34 oleonard wizzyrea: Are you searching a term or submitting an empty form?
16:34 cait I only find them 2 secons after saving :(
16:34 wizzyrea searching a term
16:34 wizzyrea I have a bendor bnt
16:34 wizzyrea vendor*
16:35 wizzyrea Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/liz/kohaclone/acqui/ line 114.
16:35 wizzyrea is what I get when I search
16:35 cait wizzyrea: you have deleted a staff member I think
16:35 cait sorry, starting to read back
16:35 cait there is a follow up waiting
16:35 wizzyrea not sure what I mean
16:35 wizzyrea what you mean
16:35 cait if you have a basket that was created by a user that has been deleted - it will explode
16:35 cait the vendor search problem
16:35 wizzyrea well, I have not deleted any users
16:35 wizzyrea and this is the first time I've used aca
16:35 wizzyrea acq
16:36 cait hm check your authorisedby in aqbaskets?
16:36 wizzyrea 1st vendor
16:36 cait so that's not good then
16:36 cait you have all permissions and are using a real user?
16:36 wizzyrea oh, that could be it
16:36 wizzyrea "real user"
16:36 wizzyrea sec
16:37 wizzyrea ok, it still does it with a real user
16:37 cait and you have no baskets hm.
16:37 cait it still could be related to the other problem
16:37 wizzyrea I think I do have a basket, but none created by a deleted user
16:38 wizzyrea created by the superlibrarian maybe
16:38 wizzyrea the super super librarian
16:38 wizzyrea i.e. the koha user
16:38 wizzyrea that could be it maybe?
16:38 cait bug 6390
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6390 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, ef, ASSIGNED , Basket only visible for librarian who created it
16:38 cait wizzyrea: yep maybe
16:39 cait can you go into mysql and make the authorisedby columns of aqbaskets a valid borrowernumer?
16:39 cait or apply ian's follow up from the bug above
16:40 hdl left #koha
16:41 miguel joined #koha
16:41 wizzyrea well the followup doesn't apply
16:41 wizzyrea even with 3 way
16:42 wizzyrea yea, they're authorisedby 0
16:44 wizzyrea yes, changing them to a valid borrowernumber fixes it
16:46 cait sorry, got distracted
16:46 wizzyrea and I was logged in with the non-user user when I created it
16:46 wizzyrea so that's my bad
16:47 wizzyrea :)
16:47 cait my dad is cooking one of my favourite dishes tonight :)
16:47 wizzyrea speaking of favorite dishes
16:47 wizzyrea what is it?
16:47 cait hm
16:47 cait let me find it
16:47 * wizzyrea wants to make stroganoff for dinner but has perfectly yummy shepherd's pie in the fridge
16:47 wizzyrea what to do
16:48 cait
16:49 wizzyrea oh i see!
16:50 cait but without the apples and with potatoes and a horseradish sauce
16:50 cait that's one thing I would never cook for myself
16:50 cait but when my dad does it... yum :)
16:51 wizzyrea :)
16:54 wizzyrea one down :)
16:56 jcamins You know, it might be nice if any of the library links on worldcat worked.
16:56 cait woohoo wizzyrea++ :)
16:57 jcamins Have we re-added item display to the Labeled MARC view yet?
16:58 cait hm
16:58 cait did we have one for labelled?
16:58 cait hought only for marc
16:58 jcamins It used to show up as a 952 field.
16:59 trea is now known as trea_lunch
16:59 jcamins Now obviously it does not.
17:00 cait does someone have an opinion about 3710?
17:00 cait bug 3710
17:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3710 critical, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , New script for recent acquisitions
17:00 cait according to the updatedatabase this was writtn for +$DBversion = "";
17:00 cait it got into 3.0.x but not into 3.2
17:03 cait oleonard: what do you think? you commented on it too. I would like to kill it, but not sure which status to set
17:04 cait wizzyrea++ for the second sign-off :)
17:05 wizzyrea oh stop lol
17:05 wizzyrea <3
17:07 oleonard cait: I'd say WONTFIX
17:08 cait ok
17:11 wizzyrea ok, lunch now, only one left to do ;)
17:12 cait wizzyrea++ :)
17:12 cait thx a lot
17:12 cait especially for bug 6894
17:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6894 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , Order from suggestion defaulting to wrong currency
17:12 cait i was worried if I got it right - but if you think it makes sense now, it should be ok :)
17:24 rhcl left #koha
17:30 cait ??[…]hment.cgi?id=6099
17:30 jcamins Shouldn't huginn have told us what attachment 6099 was?
17:30 huginn Attachment[…]=6099&action=edit image/png, screenshot of acq permissions, acq_permissions.png
17:30 cait hehe
17:30 cait you woke him up
17:46 ago left #koha
17:57 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy_lunch
18:04 rhcl joined #koha
18:07 trea_lunch is now known as trea
18:16 oleonard Bug 4000 is a great example of an old acq bug that just hasn't gotten any attention
18:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4000 normal, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Budgets table doesn't show tree view for sub-budgets
18:16 kmkale left #koha
18:16 oleonard Sounds like a potentially good interface tweak, but no sign of it working.
18:23 trea left #koha
18:26 trea joined #koha
18:31 ago joined #koha
18:31 kmkale joined #koha
18:34 cait oleonard: there are a lot of those
18:35 cait my personal favourite for today is budget search
18:35 cait bug 3969
18:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3969 major, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Budget Search Doesn't Work
18:35 cait filed in 2009, never got any attention despite people confirming the bug :(
18:36 maximep oh wow, never noticed that there was a way to search budgets
18:36 cait there isn't
18:36 cait well, not a working way
18:36 cait only nice interface
18:39 wizzyrea there cait, I am done with your list :)
18:39 cait wizzyrea++ :)
18:39 cait nicely done!
18:39 wizzyrea um, no
18:39 wizzyrea *you* nicely done
18:39 wizzyrea that's a ton of bugs squished.
18:40 wizzyrea cait++
18:40 cait hehe
18:40 cait I have another
18:40 wizzyrea shoot
18:40 cait adding an account number to the vendor page
18:40 cait let me find you the bug number
18:44 cait bug 3388
18:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3388 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , Add a Vendor page does not have field for accountnumber
18:44 cait and it has a test plan ;)
18:44 wizzyrea love those.
18:44 jcamins ago++ # for impending bug fixing
18:46 oleonard Future karma eh ;)
18:46 oleonard I thought the Department of PreKarma had been discredited
18:46 jcamins @karma ago
18:46 huginn jcamins: Karma for "ago" has been increased 1 time and decreased 3 times for a total karma of -2.
18:47 oleonard decreased? A fluke of username, surely.
18:47 jcamins Since his nick is a regular word that has lost karma in the past, I thought he deserved some appreciation.
18:47 dkg oleonard: the department of PreKarma will have been discredited.
18:51 maximep cait: just for fun I was looking at the budget search. Would it be possible for you to try moving 1 line of code and to see if it helps ?
18:52 cait yep, but after dinner?
18:52 cait can you tell me what to do?
18:52 maximep sure
18:52 maximep will pm it to u
18:52 cait my dad has cooked dinner - can't be late for that :)
18:52 cait thanks!
18:53 oleonard left #koha
18:53 wizzyrea maximep: if you put it in here someone else may grab it up
18:53 wizzyrea and try
18:53 oleonard joined #koha
18:54 oleonard I guess I Ctrl-W'ed the wrong window
18:54 wizzyrea oops
18:55 maximep well
18:56 maximep line 79 of aqbudgets seems to use a key that is deleted right on the line above
18:56 maximep so i guess moving it before the delete would help
18:57 maximep bbl
18:57 maximep left #koha
19:06 kmkale left #koha
19:14 wizzyrea looks like the budget search has something to do with the hidden input for period
19:14 wizzyrea if you take it out it works
19:15 stuartyeates joined #koha
19:16 kmkale joined #koha
19:18 wizzyrea well there was a typo in the template var name I think... limiting by library still doesn't work
19:19 miguel left #koha
19:29 talljoy_lunch is now known as talljoy
19:29 miguel joined #koha
19:31 maximep joined #koha
19:31 * oleonard grumbles
19:32 wizzyrea y u grumble happy man
19:32 jcamins Because it's Friday and he's at work after 3?
19:32 oleonard Before I check to see why something is broken in my working acq branch I really ought to check to see if it's broken in master too
19:32 oleonard which it is.
19:32 jcamins oleonard: don't you usually leave at 3 on Fridays?
19:33 oleonard Only if I'm lucky :)
19:33 * oleonard isn't lucky this week
19:39 wizzyrea ooo kay
19:41 wizzyrea the budgets search is one of those delightful bugs where allofasudden it works
19:41 wizzyrea but what you did doesn't make sense... and then you undo it... and it's still fixed.
19:42 Danielle >.<
19:47 oleonard wizzyrea: What wasn't working before?
19:47 wizzyrea the budgets search
19:47 wahanui i think the budgets search is one of those delightful bugs where allofasudden it works
19:48 wizzyrea in admin
19:49 wizzyrea forget the budgets search
19:49 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot budgets search
19:49 oleonard It doesn't appear to be working for me
19:50 wizzyrea that's just it, I dinked around with it
19:50 wizzyrea specifically, I got rid of the hidden input "period" for one refresh
19:50 wizzyrea which made it work
19:50 wizzyrea and then, even when I put that back and changed other stuff, it was still working
19:51 jwagner left #koha
19:51 wizzyrea I don't see a place to define a specific period anyway, but I might not be looking at it correclty.
19:52 kmkale left #koha
19:57 oleonard Weird... if I'm not mistaken doesn't actually search budgets, it retrieves all of them but supposedly tosses any results that don't match your search?
19:57 wizzyrea there is a lot of weird there.
19:58 oleonard my @budgets = @$moo; #FIXME
19:58 oleonard How very succinct.
19:58 * wizzyrea suggests oleonard go take a vacation in the OPAC
19:58 wizzyrea things are pretty well sane there.
19:59 oleonard Yeah, only I'd probably end up in lists or tags and oh god the pain.
20:00 wizzyrea hmm, well the patron update screen could use some new divs :P
20:00 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6947] OPAC top-issues doesn't respect item-level itypes <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6947>
20:00 wizzyrea and the messaging screen too.
20:01 wizzyrea if you wanted something where you didn't have to think too hard.
20:01 wizzyrea lol
20:01 wizzyrea do note, I had planned on doing those myself :P
20:06 cait back
20:06 wizzyrea how was dinner?
20:06 cait om nomnomnom :)
20:06 cait yummy
20:06 wizzyrea :D
20:13 cait wizzyrea: did you try the fix from maximep?
20:14 wizzyrea yes, but no result
20:14 wizzyrea it was still broken, unless you found differently
20:14 cait haven't tried it yet
20:16 Soupermanito joined #koha
20:16 oleonard Happy weekend everyone
20:16 oleonard left #koha
20:21 cait bye oleonard, have a nice weekend :)
20:21 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7113] Standardize vendor id name in templates and scripts <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7113>
20:21 * cait assumes he will check the logs :P
20:22 wizzyrea oh my gracious
20:22 wizzyrea so many acq things
20:26 cait to sign off or bugs?
20:27 rangi who has 2 mins
20:27 * wizzyrea does
20:27 wizzyrea what ya got
20:27 rangi do you have a user that has some comments?
20:27 cait well, wizzyrea was first :)
20:27 rangi login as them
20:27 rangi then look at
20:27 rangi cgi-bin/koha/
20:28 wizzyrea more than one comment?
20:28 wizzyrea on different items?
20:29 rangi i just want to know if any show at all :)
20:29 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2075
20:29 huginn Bug 2075: enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , complete opac/ (My Reviews page)
20:29 rangi looking at this, it looks like its pretty close to done to me
20:30 wizzyrea cgi-bin/koha/
20:30 wizzyrea er
20:30 wizzyrea no
20:30 wizzyrea sec
20:30 wizzyrea
20:30 wizzyrea there we go
20:31 wizzyrea looks nice to me
20:31 rangi cool
20:31 wizzyrea even looks nice in my pretty OPAC
20:31 rangi so i reckon it just needs a liknk from eh?
20:31 wizzyrea though the comment form will need some attention from me
20:32 wizzyrea yea, I think so!
20:32 rangi sweet
20:32 wizzyrea I am kind of in there, I can do it
20:32 rangi :)
20:32 rangi cool
20:33 wizzyrea so that's already in the code base?
20:33 wizzyrea it just needs to be linked in/linked up
20:33 rangi yep
20:33 wizzyrea sweet. a project. :)
20:34 rangi bug 941
20:34 huginn Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=941 enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, REOPENED , In advanced search : ask for controlled terms for "subject"
20:34 cait I think there is a sys pref now
20:34 rangi what does that even mean?
20:34 cait subjects
20:35 cait it's something my library wants to
20:35 cait too
20:35 rangi a syspref for what cait?
20:35 cait if you use authorities,
20:35 cait for the comments I think
20:35 rangi and if you can explain it better on the bug
20:35 cait to make it a link in the nav
20:35 cait ok, mixing things up
20:35 cait I had wine :)
20:35 rangi thats for recent comments for everything
20:35 wizzyrea not usercomments
20:35 rangi this is just your own comments, to go in hte left hand nav when you are logged in
20:36 rangi cait: bug 941 if you explain it better on the bug, sounds like something i could work on when sitting on the stand
20:36 cait :)
20:36 cait oki
20:38 wizzyrea yea, I don't see a pref for user comments - is there one to turn commenting off entirely?
20:38 wizzyrea i suppose we shouldn't show the tab if you can't place comments :P
20:38 * wizzyrea will hunt around.
20:38 rangi yep
20:38 wizzyrea found ti
20:38 jcamins rangi: so now you can work on your own programming projects... any big plans for what you want to work on during the 3.8 cycle? :)
20:39 rangi hmmyou might need to check that does only show your own wizzyrea
20:39 wizzyrea k will check
20:39 rangi i think it might have been taken over to show all recent comments
20:39 rangi[…]35/in/photostream
20:40 rangi in which case, it will need to be changed
20:40 rangi to accept a borrowernumber and have set that
20:40 * rangi makes your project bigger
20:40 wizzyrea ^.^
20:41 rangi jcamins: pretty much all stuff to do with the opac
20:41 wizzyrea i approve of this
20:41 rangi ill do staff side stuff if ppl pay me to
20:41 wizzyrea the staff side is for the library, but the opac is for the *people*
20:42 rangi but for my own stuff, openlibrary ebooks, a 'public' profile page in the opac for ppl who want to be able to show ppl what they read, etc
20:42 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 2629] Diacritics not being ignored when searching <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2629>
20:42 jcamins rangi++
20:42 rangi (needed to show ppl badges too when we get that)
20:43 wizzyrea *nod*
20:43 rangi threaded comments
20:43 rangi maybe
20:43 wizzyrea those are great projects :D
20:43 rangi that kinda stuff
20:44 rangi the openlibrary api's are very nice
20:44 rangi so that wont be hard
20:44 rangi i did have some good talks with karen coombs at access as well, so maybe leverage some more oclc api also
20:50 cait :)
20:50 cait rangi++
20:55 rangi i do really like the libravatar stuff[…]93/in/photostream
20:56 rangi i think doing stuff like this, will do more to help libraries and thus koha survive
20:56 rangi than adding yet another set of insanely complex rules/workflow in the admin side
20:57 * jcamins agrees.
20:57 jcamins Though I do think that the loudest researchers use tracings, and therefore they should work.
20:58 rangi yup
20:58 cait features should do what you expect them to do
20:58 cait i don't like hald-done things
20:58 rangi yup
21:00 rangi the problem is, everyone expects them to something else
21:03 rangi to do even
21:06 cait hm yes
21:06 cait true :)
21:08 rangi i think do what they say they do
21:08 rangi is a good thing to aim for
21:08 rhcl The State of Missouri has selected Evergreen for the new state-wide consortial supported ILS.
21:08 rangi awesome
21:08 cait nice :)
21:08 rhcl yep
21:09 rangi south australia just selected symphony
21:09 rangi one living in the future
21:09 rangi one paying for the past
21:10 cait yeah I saw that :(
21:10 rangi one paying a stupid amount of money for the past too actually
21:11 rhcl Koha is going to remain a big player for individual libraries, I'm sure. We have a meeting with two people from MOREnet (University of Missouri tech support) about Koha next week.
21:11 rangi evergreen or koha is fine by me, as long as its free software im happy :()
21:11 rangi hmm :) even
21:11 rhcl I've always tried to emphasize that Koha and EG, and the two communities themselves, play well together.
21:12 rangi yup, i spent a lot of time chatting and drinking with the EG developers at access
21:12 rangi well the sitka based ones anyway
21:13 rangi with fulfillment they will play even nicer together
21:30 ago left #koha
21:43 miguel left #koha
21:51 maximep left #koha
21:52 miguel joined #koha
21:52 trea is now known as trea-away
22:08 trea-away left #koha
22:09 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:40 trea joined #koha
22:51 rhcl left #koha
22:59 libsysguy joined #koha
22:59 libsysguy if I delete an item from the items table the cascades should take care of the other entries right?
23:04 trea left #koha
23:06 cait there are no other tables for items
23:06 cait hm
23:06 cait or not sure
23:06 cait perhap sin acq and serials
23:06 libsysguy oh well i mean biblionumbers
23:06 libsysguy sorry
23:06 cait no, if you delete all items it will not delete the biblio
23:06 libsysguy yeah I have a list of 186,000 ebooks that i have to delete
23:07 cait why not undo the import?
23:07 libsysguy what if i delete from biblioitems
23:07 cait ah, no staged marc import? but bulkmarcimported them?
23:07 libsysguy because the import was when I did the whole collection
23:07 libsysguy these are just ebooks from a journal we are no longer subscribing to
23:07 libsysguy so we need to take them out of the catalog
23:09 cait hm I think probably biblio, bilbioitems, items
23:09 libsysguy yeah that all i really want
23:09 cait normally you have to look for holds, subscriptions, checkouts...
23:09 cait but for ebooks it might be ok?
23:09 libsysguy yeah I think it is
23:10 rangi if you delete the biblio, the cascade/foreign keys will get rid of the biblioitems and items
23:10 rangi of course back up before you do it
23:10 libsysguy oh yes I have already done a backup
23:10 libsysguy :)
23:12 cait rangi++ for being a great source of wisdom
23:12 cait ;)
23:12 rangi you will need to do a full reindex
23:12 rangi if you do it in the db tho
23:12 rangi if you write a script that uses the api
23:13 rangi then it will put rows in the zebraqueue for you
23:19 libsysguy dang it i ran it in the db…but I wasn planning on doing a full reindex anyway
23:19 libsysguy i figured putting it in zebraqueue would still lag it out since it runs every 5 mins
23:19 rangi yup
23:19 libsysguy also kill the partial update cronjob :p
23:20 rangi but search stays up while you do it
23:20 libsysguy ahh true
23:20 libsysguy well the catalog only gets about 200 hits on fridays anyway
23:20 libsysguy and most of them have already happened…the college kids are in the process of getting wasted…they care not about researching :p
23:21 rangi :)
23:21 rangi you could use at
23:21 rangi to schedule the reindex to run at 1am
23:21 rangi i do that
23:21 libsysguy true…i actually already have that set up
23:22 libsysguy to run on the first at midnight
23:22 libsysguy but I have never turned it on
23:22 rangi yeah that would be fine then
23:22 rangi at does a one off
23:22 rangi so i use it a lot to do things when i dont want to be awake to do them
23:22 libsysguy haha exactly
23:24 jcamins_away Uh-oh. Indexing issues at UT Tyler?
23:24 libsysguy umm I hope not
23:24 libsysguy I just had to delete 186K records
23:24 jcamins_away Ah.
23:24 libsysguy so I figured a reindex was in order
23:25 jcamins_away Seems like a good idea.
23:27 libsysguy aw man i forgot to run zebra with the -v
23:27 libsysguy now all I have to watch is top
23:28 jcamins_away I hate it when I do that.
23:58 sndwrx left #koha
23:58 melia left #koha
23:59 cait night all :)
23:59 libsysguy night cait
23:59 libsysguy later guys dinner time :)
23:59 libsysguy left #koha
23:59 cait left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary