IRC log for #koha, 2011-05-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 NateC joined #koha
00:07 hankbank left #koha
00:13 NateC left #koha
00:19 NateC joined #koha
01:18 jwagner is now known as Guest1548
01:18 jwagner joined #koha
01:24 Guest1548 left #koha
01:25 Irma joined #koha
01:37 NateC left #koha
01:39 sekjal left #koha
02:25 eythian hi y'all
02:28 Space_Librarian how was the expo?
02:29 eythian it wasn't bad actually.
02:29 eythian talked to a lot of people who were pretty keen
02:52 mtj anyone got a tic got a git-apply Q?
02:52 mtj heh, friday-talk :/
02:52 mtj anyone got a tic *for* a git-apply Q?
02:53 mtj spec. about bug 5995, and applying it
02:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5995 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, matthias.meusburger, ASSIGNED , Glitch with checkauth
02:53 eythian I can try, I make mo promises I'll give you a truthful answer.
02:53 mtj applying the patch for it
02:54 mtj ok, so i wanna apply it, but i get an error...
02:54 mtj heres the patch in git
02:54 eythian tell me what the error is
02:54 wahanui the error is on edit page after patch was applied
02:54 mtj[…]9d4f3db929285fead
02:55 wizzyrea forget the error
02:55 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot error
02:55 wizzyrea the error is <reply>
02:55 mtj Q is, should i 'git reset --hard $PARENT' before running git-apply ?
02:55 mtj mason@xen1:~/g/master$ git apply ./aa
02:56 mtj error: patch failed: C4/
02:56 mtj error: C4/ patch does not apply
02:56 mtj file 'aa' =[…]9d4f3db929285fead
02:56 eythian running git reset --hard will make sure you know exactly where you are.
02:57 mtj i thought the patch would apply ok, if i set my repo to the *parent* commit?
02:57 eythian oh, right. Hmm.
02:57 eythian Yeah, that makes some sort of sense.
02:57 mtj $ git reset --hard  10ea4544ea0813d359f9f2df68ba9ad531cc86e7
02:57 eythian Give it a try, it can't hurt.
02:57 mtj $ git apply ./aa
02:58 mtj i have tried, and got that error :/
02:58 eythian strange.
02:58 eythian Try git am -3 ./aa
02:59 mtj mason@xen1:~/g/master$ git am -3  ./aa
03:00 mtj cat: /home/mason/g/master/.git/rebase-apply/next: No such file or directory
03:00 mtj previous rebase directory /home/mason/g/master/.git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.
03:00 eythian weird
03:00 mtj rm -rf  ./.git/rebase-apply    ?
03:01 eythian git am --abort; git checkout -f your-branch ; git am -3 ./aa
03:01 mtj
03:01 mtj ta, 1 tic
03:03 mtj hmm, same error as i pasted previously
03:05 eythian hrm
03:05 eythian wait
03:05 mtj i could just cut/paste , to get the changes of course
03:05 eythian if the patch is in git, why don't you just pull it in from there rather than going through a file?
03:05 mtj ah, a cherry-pick?
03:05 eythian yeah
03:06 mtj ummm, done ;)
03:06 eythian that was easy :)
03:06 mtj i actually clicked to the cherry-pick last nite, then forgot
03:07 mtj $ git cherry-pick 417c9084b4c5a3637ffc2a29d4f3db929285fead
03:07 mtj ... did the trick fine
03:07 eythian yeah, that's much more like it :)
03:07 mtj thanks for the brain-slap!
03:08 eythian any time ;)
03:08 mtj i owe you a delicious beer for that one :)
03:09 eythian sounds good to me. We should have a mini-kohacon one of these days :)
03:11 druthb joined #koha
03:11 druthb left #koha
03:13 mtj yeah, we really should
03:14 mtj tho... everyday at catalyst is a koha-minicon :)
03:15 eythian that is true
03:17 mtj still... a quirky git-mystery why the patch file didnt apply, when reset to its parent commit
03:17 mtj i thought it would have werked
03:18 mtj i wonder if that method works in general...
03:19 eythian it usually does, I wonder if it got some how messed with, or git wasn't looking at it right or something.
03:24 AmitG joined #koha
03:32 AmitG left #koha
03:39 Irma left #koha
03:42 rangi heh go away for a couple of days and kapow
03:43 * rangi is at dunedin airport now
03:43 Space_Librarian aye.
03:44 Space_Librarian good few days?
03:44 Irma joined #koha
03:47 rangi yeah quite productive
03:58 ibeardslee yay
04:02 Space_Librarian sounds like it went very well.
04:21 BobB left #koha
04:22 ibeardslee rangi: there seems to be plenty of Guiness at BOC .. if you make it in time ;)
04:23 Space_Librarian and kilkenny in the fridge
04:23 ibeardslee and it is ok if you don't make it to the office .. I'll 'look after' them for you.
04:32 kmkale joined #koha
04:32 Space_Librarian namaste kmkale
04:34 BobB joined #koha
04:40 kmkale left #koha
04:40 Space_Librarian left #koha
04:49 kmkale joined #koha
04:55 glernil joined #koha
04:55 cait joined #koha
04:56 cait morning #koha
05:03 kmkale namaste cait
05:04 Oak joined #koha
05:04 Oak \o
05:04 cait hi Oak and kmkale :)
05:05 Oak oh hello to you too Mr. cait
05:05 cait mr?
05:06 Oak uh oh
05:06 Oak wait
05:06 Oak Ms. ?
05:06 cait yes
05:06 Oak it just says purple
05:06 cait :)
05:06 Oak ok cool
05:06 * Oak notes that down
05:17 cait quiet morning on #koha
05:17 Oak left #koha
05:31 bg hiya #koha
05:38 kmkale hi bg n oak :)
05:42 cait hi bg
05:42 bg :)
06:05 cait hmpf
06:05 cait I don't see it
06:05 cait bug 6343
06:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6343 critical, P5, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Label Creator not working , Current Branch: NULL
06:05 cait trying to solve that but I have no idea :(
06:17 rangi aww man i missed kilkenny
06:17 cait hi rangi
06:17 cait kilkenny?
06:17 rangi (type of beer)
06:17 cait ah
06:17 cait I think you will survive that
06:18 rangi not sure about that :)
06:18 Irma left #koha
06:37 BobB hi all
06:37 BobB Is kmkale still about?
06:38 cait left #koha
06:41 kmkale hi BobB
06:41 BobB Hi Koustubha
06:42 BobB I just tried to make a payment for KohaCon sponsorship again.
06:42 kmkale How are you Bob?
06:42 BobB I'm very well, thank you.
06:42 BobB It failed again.  But this time I got an error message at least.
06:43 kmkale And?
06:43 BobB Your bank responded: Card Bin Stop Listed
06:43 BobB I guess that means my card is in a batch that your bank doesn't like?  I don't know what else it would mean.
06:44 kmkale OMG!! Is it a master / visa / amex ?
06:44 BobB Its a Mastercard
06:45 kmkale So is one of mine through which I paid using same form.
06:45 kmkale I tried the other Visa card n it worked too..
06:45 BobB Has anyone from outside India had success yet?
06:45 rangi forkers gonna fork and lurkers gonna lurk, no off can be used
06:46 kmkale Can I ask VPM's accountant to give you their Bank details so that you can do a wire transfer?
06:46 BobB That would be great.  If I can use PayPal, even better.
06:46 kmkale Not for Kohacon but we regularly recieve donations etc from outside via the same bank payment gateway.
06:47 BobB OK
06:47 BobB I can make the payment from our bank to your bank if I have the account details I think.
06:47 hdl joined #koha
06:48 kmkale I asked them about paypal. Two problems there 1)  They need to get it approved in a full board meeting which is far off and 2) Since its a trust there are some FCNR problems from RBI while using Paypal
06:48 sophie_m joined #koha
06:48 julian joined #koha
06:49 kmkale OK. Let me get the bank details to you from their accounts dept asap..
06:49 BobB I understand about PayPal.  Not everyone trusts it.
06:49 rangi bon jour biblibre
06:49 BobB Cool.  Bank details will be good, and we'll proceed that way.
06:49 kmkale PayPal and Reserve Bank of India have had several run ins
06:50 BobB Will you email them?
06:50 kmkale sure
06:50 BobB How's the planning for the conference going?  I have not been able to attend a meeting yet - sorry.
06:51 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
06:51 kmkale We need 1) Keynote 2) More papers 3) People to review the abstracts submitted so far 4) Money
06:51 kmkale hi SpaceLibrarian_home and rangi
06:51 SpaceLibrarian_home hey kmkale
06:51 BobB I can help with 4
06:52 BobB :)
06:52 rangi heya kmkale
06:52 SpaceLibrarian_home hey BobB, thanks for the ticket. :)
06:52 kmkale :) I hope you and or Irma will help with 2 & 3 also
06:52 kmkale Also please suggest someone for Keynote
06:52 SpaceLibrarian_home Jo?
06:52 SpaceLibrarian_home I think I mentioned that last meeting...
06:53 BobB Hi SpaceLibrarian_home, nice to meet you.  :)
06:53 kmkale Yep SpaceLibrarian_home
06:53 SpaceLibrarian_home likewise, BobB :)
06:53 rangi SpaceLibrarian_home: BobB is from calyx
06:53 SpaceLibrarian_home rangi: I know.
06:53 rangi you have been talking with his lovely wife lately
06:53 BobB It will be an interesting ticket I think.  A bit risky - fingers crossed!
06:54 rangi cool, just doing the the intros
06:54 SpaceLibrarian_home I have, and she sure is lovely.
06:54 SpaceLibrarian_home yes, but interesting risky...
06:54 kmkale but there was mention of sponsorship and we are far behind on money so far
06:54 SpaceLibrarian_home rangi: :)
06:54 SpaceLibrarian_home kmkale: that uni that's running the workshop, could they sponsor?
06:54 BobB LOL.  I have my own opinion on that.  (I agree, of course!)
06:55 SpaceLibrarian_home yeah!
06:55 kmkale SpaceLibrarian_home: they are pitching in with stuff like free venue, internet etc but no cash
06:56 kmkale and of course manpower to help run the show
06:56 SpaceLibrarian_home the one in June?
06:56 kmkale SpaceLibrarian_home: aahh you mean the Mumbai Univ workshop?
06:56 kmkale I misunderstood
06:56 SpaceLibrarian_home yes! sorry, I wasn't clear
06:56 kmkale Thought you were asking about VPM
06:57 BobB kmkale, do you have a complete budget yet?
06:57 kmkale Humm. Interesting. Will ask Savitra
06:57 SpaceLibrarian_home And kmkale, I can help with 3
06:57 SpaceLibrarian_home and 2
06:57 kmkale He is conducting the workshop so should have some links
06:58 kmkale BobB: yep
06:58 BobB And there is a big gap from what you need and what you so  far have?
06:59 kmkale BobB: Since the venue is free most of the budget is for things like Conference Kits, projectors, Air Conditioning, Video Conferencing, Tea / Cofee , Lunch, Conference Dinner etc..
07:00 kmkale Some must haves others not so much
07:00 SpaceLibrarian_home video conferencing, eh? interesting
07:00 kmkale Yes we have INR 100000 so far ( one local donor a co-op store)  we need INR 500000
07:01 BobB OK.  Our contribution will be 20,000 rupees initially.
07:01 kmkale Some very interesting people may not attend this years conference in person. I am planning to get them to do a video conference presentation at-least ;)
07:01 SpaceLibrarian_home I like your thinking....
07:02 kmkale alomg with continuous pestering to get them to attend
07:02 kmkale :)
07:02 BobB That does not make a huge dent into your problem.  But with travel costs for two we can't go overboard.
07:02 SpaceLibrarian_home I think attendance for some may be impossible unless vis vidlink.
07:02 SpaceLibrarian_home via*
07:03 kmkale Aahh and video recording of sessions too must have
07:03 SpaceLibrarian_home have you decided how many streams yet?
07:03 kmkale BobB: thank you.
07:03 kmkale Whetever we get is great
07:03 Guillaume joined #koha
07:04 kmkale no shelly. not enough papers yet to start thinking multiple streams
07:04 kmkale I have asked VPM to keep another auditorium available though
07:04 SpaceLibrarian_home you can expect 2 more - one from me and one from eythian in the next few weeks
07:05 kmkale Yeah and druthb has promised one
07:05 kmkale I have requested Owen to do a video conference based presentation
07:06 SpaceLibrarian_home you may even be able to get rangi to do a vid-presentation
07:06 kmkale I am hoping Bob / Irma, Paul, Savitra who are sure to attend will make one each ;)
07:06 matts_away is now known as matts
07:06 kmkale I hev still jot given up on rangi coming here :)
07:07 SpaceLibrarian_home you may have to.
07:07 kmkale what say rangi?
07:07 wahanui i heard say rangi was CRAZY!
07:07 kmkale hehe
07:07 SpaceLibrarian_home lol
07:08 kmkale Officially my holidays start tomorrow so I will start the pestering pronto :)
07:08 kmkale both for papers and money :)
07:10 rangi i have 2 other confs to speak at at the same time kmkale
07:10 BobB irma and I will contribute at least one paper.  It might be a few weeks before we can submit.  Deadline's a way off yet, I think?
07:10 miguelxercode joined #koha
07:10 SpaceLibrarian_home BobB: sometime around June 23, I think
07:11 BobB Cool.  We can make that.
07:12 francharb joined #koha
07:12 BobB I have to go and exercise before dinner.  kmkale I'll hear from you by email?
07:12 francharb morning everyone
07:12 rangi hi miguelxercode and francharb
07:13 SpaceLibrarian_home morning francharb, miguelxercode
07:13 francharb hi rangi, SpaceLibrarian_home! :)
07:13 BobB This channel is amazing.  francharb says 'good morning' as I say 'good night'.  :)
07:14 BobB Cheers everyone.
07:14 SpaceLibrarian_home have a good weekend, BobB
07:14 francharb Sleep tight BobB! ;)
07:14 BobB left #koha
07:15 kmkale SpaceLibrarian_home: deadline is Aug 15th I think lotsa time
07:16 SpaceLibrarian_home did you move it again? heaps of time then?
07:16 kmkale yep
07:16 SpaceLibrarian_home excellent. will still get my abstract off soon
07:16 kmkale You should get your travel sorted out asap
07:16 kmkale cause it will be cheaper
07:17 kf joined #koha
07:17 kf hi #koha
07:18 SpaceLibrarian_home :) It's got to be confirmed before I can sort travel.
07:18 SpaceLibrarian_home hi kf
07:19 kf hi SpaceLibrarian_home
07:19 kf :)
07:21 kmkale hi kf :)
07:22 kf hi kmkale
07:23 kmkale kf will you be attending kohacon ?
07:23 kf I don't have decided yet
07:24 kmkale please do :)
07:26 kf I have some things to figure out first
07:26 kmkale whats mere things compared to Kohacon?
07:27 SpaceLibrarian_home anybody know if the koha-wiki is sending out verification emails yet?
07:27 kmkale that too in India :)
07:29 kf SpaceLibrarian_home: sorry no - perhaps try to ask gmcharlt
07:30 SpaceLibrarian_home thanks kf, will do
07:44 kmkale @quote random
07:44 huginn` kmkale: Quote #13: "<atz> ricardo: ask and ye shall receive.... eventually, ye shall stop asking." (added by gmcharlt at 08:31 PM, July 09, 2009)
07:44 kmkale :)
07:47 miguelxercode left #koha
08:00 hdl left #koha
08:01 hdl joined #koha
08:15 hdl1 joined #koha
08:17 hdl left #koha
08:22 slef morning all. what lovely tweets to wake up to :-/
08:22 kf ruined my evening
08:23 kf so you were kind of lucky
08:23 rangi my bday tomorrow
08:23 rangi its my present
08:23 rangi gotta laugh
08:23 * kf sends rangi chocolate
08:24 * SpaceLibrarian_home will make sure there is chocolate on rangi's desk on Tuesday
08:25 kf thx SpaceLibrarian_home :)
08:25 * kf thinks she will have to bring a suitcase full of chocolate to nz next time
08:26 kf rangi: thx for the tip with hauraki :) I am working ont he layout for the new library and have the picture in place now - work my way from top to bottom
08:26 rangi yay!
08:30 kf someone an idea about undoing a receive in acq?
08:30 kf they have items created on order
08:31 kf hm. will have to go and check the tables
08:35 glernil left #koha
08:37 hdl1 kf....
08:37 hdl1 nothing done on that iirc.
08:37 hdl1 at the moment at least.
08:37 francharb hey rangi, you like reggae, right? if it's your bday tomorrow, hope someone will give you this book![…]ing/dp/0670855634
08:39 francharb history  of jamaican music is fascinating
08:39 * francharb goes back to work
08:39 francharb ;)
08:40 rangi :)
08:40 liw rangi, I wish you a lack of raptors for your birthday
08:42 rangi thank you
08:43 sijobl and eagles
08:43 sijobl hopefully no eagles
08:43 kf hdl1: it's ok
08:43 kf hdl1: a button would be nice, but I expected diving into the tables :)
08:45 kmkale what tweets?
08:46 slef kmkale: 1mo and I'll grab it
08:47 slef kmkale:[…]71259497359872001
08:48 kmkale thanks slef
08:48 slef there are a few others around it, but NYAAAAAAARGH
08:49 slef also, there's Liblimey Koha 4.2 being advertised
08:58 vfernandes joined #koha
09:01 kmkale_ joined #koha
09:02 vfernandes hi koha community
09:05 slef hi vfernandes
09:07 vfernandes one problem- when searching on the Staff Client for publication date the Koha search in alll record fields and should only sarch on field 210^d (UNIMARC)
09:07 kmkale left #koha
09:07 vfernandes in OPAC searching for "1999" (for example) returns all records with 210^d = 1999
09:08 vfernandes in Staff Client return all records with XXX^X = 1999
09:08 vfernandes :/
09:09 vfernandes it's this correct?
09:10 slef vfernandes: sounds like zebra config and maybe a slight difference in the two search codes.
09:10 slef vfernandes: have you tried searching for "publication date" bugs?
09:11 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
09:12 kmkale_ left #koha
09:12 kmkale joined #koha
09:13 Oak joined #koha
09:14 vfernandes yes but nothing found
09:15 vfernandes in more options mode there is a year limit and if I search "1999" the search return the same than in OPAC
09:16 vfernandes anyway i will not waste more time in this because it's not a srious problem
09:16 slef might be worth a quick mail to the list
09:16 slef to see if any UNIMARC users can shed light
09:16 vfernandes just one question slef
09:17 vfernandes it's possible to search in the OPAC or Staff Client the records that have subsciptions/periodicals?
09:18 slef OTTOMH I don't remember how... you can limit to serials and also recent arrivals, which would be almost the same thing
09:18 slef In the staff client, you can show a list of subscriptions (is that a report? I forget)
09:19 slef but I'd expect some libraries wouldn't want an OPAC to list their current subscriptions
09:19 miguelxercode joined #koha
09:19 miguelxercode left #koha
09:22 vfernandes thanks slef
09:26 slef vfernandes: no probs. Do you have a link to you or your library?
09:30 vfernandes do you want to see it?
09:30 vfernandes
09:30 vfernandes
09:32 vfernandes the backoffice has a lot of design work but i don't know how to show it... maybe i can send to you some screenshots
09:33 magnuse ooh, backoffice design work - is it done with css? can you share it?
09:33 magnuse never underestimate the power of eye candy!
09:33 vfernandes it's done with CSS and a few templates changes (2 or 3)
09:34 magnuse is curious now...
09:35 vfernandes i thing that for design i only changed the mainpage of Staff Client
09:35 vfernandes *i thnik
09:35 magnuse what kind of template changes? to change the layout directly, or just to make css work better?
09:36 vfernandes just to make the css work better because of the main page structure
09:36 magnuse cool
09:36 vfernandes do you have Skype?
09:37 magnuse not on this machine, currently...
09:37 vfernandes with Skype I can show it to you...
09:41 Oak left #koha
09:43 slef I'd hope that the FOSS gitso project is more likely to be used here than Microsoft Skype.
09:44 slef But no, I don't need much detail. I was just curious to see ;-)
09:44 slef I've too many other fish to fry today :(
09:48 magnuse just a plain ol' screenshot would be cool
09:51 vfernandes give your emails and i will send to you some screenchosts
09:52 vfernandes *screenshots (my english today is very bad)
09:57 slef vfernandes:
09:57 magnuse if your template changes could be useful for others too you could consider submitting them as a partch - getting them into koha would make future upgrades easier for you ;-)
10:06 francharb vfernandes: i'm quite interesting to see those screenshots too!  you could share it via  ;)
10:07 francharb slef: imgur looks great, but the first picture is a naked butt! :) lol
10:08 francharb 'on the "view images" on the right)
10:17 vfernandes i'm uploading them but the images have a little problem... the bottom bar with the languages and the company logo sometimes is on the middle of the page
10:17 vfernandes that's a screenshot problem and not a page problem
10:18 vfernandes and some of them are in portuguese. I forgot to change it :)
10:19 vfernandes
10:21 druthb joined #koha
10:21 rangi vfernandes: looks very good
10:21 druthb o/
10:21 * rangi finished packing
10:21 rangi hi druthb
10:22 druthb hiya, rangi!  :D
10:23 magnuse \o
10:23 slef francharb: ah, I don't get the gallery on a mobile phone unless I ask for it :)
10:24 * slef applauds rangi
10:24 slef because of the latest stuff I want to spend all day on koha marketing work but I've already a full schedule :-/
10:26 kmkale_ joined #koha
10:26 kmkale left #koha
10:27 kmkale joined #koha
10:28 vfernandes sorry for the few screenshots... i have work to do
10:28 francharb vfernandes++
10:28 magnuse vfernandes: thanks, thats plenty for getting an impression!
10:29 francharb for sure!
10:29 francharb i'm jealous! ;)
10:30 vfernandes i think that Staff Client is pretty good :)
10:30 francharb ;)
10:31 vfernandes the original Staff Client it's too "white" and the objective was to give him some colours...
10:31 magnuse now if koha could offer that as a "skin", maybe with a choice of different colour-combinations...
10:31 francharb good job!
10:32 vfernandes thanks :)
10:34 kmkale_ left #koha
10:35 kf can I see it too?
10:35 kmkale left #koha
10:36 magnuse kf:
10:38 vfernandes one question with Koha ISBD... it's possible to list one field if another is null? for example present 200 if 700 is null
10:39 kf cool :)
10:40 jwagner is now known as jwag1
10:45 vfernandes anyone?
10:47 kf vfernandes: sorry, don't know
10:52 vfernandes :| i really need to know that
11:00 magnuse vfernandes: are you thinking about the ISBD syspref?
11:00 vfernandes yes
11:01 magnuse i have no experience with it, but there seems to be all sorts of trickery going on
11:01 vfernandes with ISBD my ISBD detail page is almost correct
11:01 magnuse maybe find the code that renders it and look for documentation/comments there?
11:02 vfernandes I think i will do it hardcoded
11:05 vfernandes because i can't see another way to do what i want
11:08 slef xslt :-/
11:22 jwagner joined #koha
11:30 francharb vfernandes: as slef said, xslt seems a better option, i dont think there  conditionals like "IF 700$a IS NULL..." within ISBD syspref. If you ckeck out the ISBD code and find out a way to do it, i'm interested!  ;)
11:35 conan joined #koha
11:35 conan hi everysoul
11:55 nengard joined #koha
12:16 NateC joined #koha
12:20 oleonard joined #koha
12:21 oleonard Hi #koha
12:22 conan hi oleonard
12:23 conan I was sitting here waiting to jump on someone :P
12:23 sijobl left #koha
12:24 conan how do you debug, test variable values in koha? I tried dying with the variable but I get a 500 code error page, I tried creating my own log file and I stomped into some permission issues
12:24 conan I searched the wiki, but nothing
12:24 oleonard warn $variable;
12:24 conan now I'm looking into google, and found a module, but havent' read anything yet
12:24 conan lets see...
12:25 oleonard conan: If you use "warn" it shows up in the logs
12:31 conan oleonard++
12:32 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
12:35 oleonard conan: There's more complex debugging methods, but I'm not proficient with them.
12:35 oleonard Found this in the IRC log:
12:35 oleonard 19:54
12:35 oleonard rangi
12:35 oleonard heres a quick way to check
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard 19:54
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard use Data::Dumper;
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard 19:55
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard warn Dumper @holdingsfields;
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard 19:55
12:35 oleonard
12:35 oleonard see whats in there
12:35 oleonard Sorry for the terrible formatting.
12:36 oleonard that's for more complex data structures than plain variables
12:38 magnuse but it should work fine for the plain ones too ;-)
12:38 oleonard But not required :P
12:44 gmcharlt and warn Dumper \@holdingsfields; will look slighly better
12:44 gmcharlt optional, of course
12:46 matts is now known as matts_away
13:09 sekjal joined #koha
13:29 slef sekjal: yo!
13:30 sekjal hi, slef
13:40 oleonard kf: Revised fix for Bug 6347 submitted
13:40 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6347 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, NEW , Bug in stopping item level holds
13:45 oleonard Quiet, everyone, I can barely hear myself think!
13:46 oleonard Oh no everyone has been raptured and I'm stuck with all the bugs.
13:46 * wizzyrea is still here
13:46 * sekjal is in a staff meeting, but still lurking
13:47 * druthb is still here; I would have suspected wizzyrea and oleonard to be prime candidates for Rapturing.
13:47 wizzyrea !
13:47 oleonard No, this one time I had an impure thought. Fleeting though it was.
13:47 druthb dern near perfect, tha both of you.
13:48 oleonard Oh, and I think once I danced to Rock and Roll music.
13:48 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6347] Bug in stopping item level holds <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6347>
13:48 slef Can someone msg me an email for Frédéric Demians please?
13:48 kf oleonard: sorry, working on css :)
13:48 slef email address
13:48 kf oleonard: will add it to my list - thx!
13:50 slef thanks, got the email
13:50 druthb If you can't think of a good rapture joke in the next day or so, don't worry; it's not the end of the world....oh.
13:50 oleonard :D
13:50 kf ok
13:51 kf can someone enlighten me?
13:51 kf perhaps I should start with looking up rapture
13:51 kf hm
13:51 kf still no idea
13:51 oleonard kf: There's a crazy preacher in the US who says that the second coming of Jesus is tomorrow.
13:51 nengard i thought it was today
13:52 oleonard nengard: It depends what time zone Jesus uses I think
13:52 druthb what oleonard said.   Yeah, I've heard various times, but most of them are tomorrow.
13:52 kf oh no, and I had plans for tomorro
13:52 nengard HA!
13:52 nengard Bri said it's on a billboard on his way to work
13:53 oleonard If it's 00:00:00 GMT Saturday then that's Friday night for us in the US.
13:54 druthb I heard one that said it'd be on a moving basis, at 1800 local time in each zone...which means that US folk will have many hours warning, while the NZ folk will find out Real Fast.  I asked Space_Librarian to let me know...
13:55 oleonard It's like boarding a flight, there's different zones so we don't crowd the walkway.
13:56 * wizzyrea plans to leave a set of clothes on the store in the grocery store just for comedic effect
13:56 wizzyrea s/store/floor
13:59 slef @quote add <oleonard> nengard: It depends what time zone Jesus uses I think
13:59 huginn` slef: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
13:59 slef huginn`: screw you!
13:59 huginn` slef: downloading the Perl source
14:01 oleonard nengard: Can you still reproduce Bug 6161?
14:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6161 major, P5, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , status column on my purchase suggestions blank
14:01 paul_p oleonard, we should ask rangi, it's already tomorrow for him...
14:02 paul_p (hello world)
14:02 Guillaume left #koha
14:02 nengard oleonard hang on ... conference call
14:02 * paul_p on a fight with a silly/crazy/boring/hard/stupid customer those days...
14:02 slef wizzyrea or nengard: does huginn` listen to you? can you add that quote please? It's worth it.
14:03 paul_p would have less pain learning chinese I think...
14:03 nengard slef, not me ... i don't think
14:03 wizzyrea @quote add <oleonard> nengard: It depends what time zone Jesus uses I think
14:03 huginn` wizzyrea: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
14:03 slef paul_p: fire the customer ;-)
14:03 slef huginn`: you suck!
14:03 huginn` slef: I suck
14:04 druthb @quote add <oleonard> nengard: It depends what time zone Jesus uses I think
14:04 huginn` druthb: The operation succeeded.  Quote #132 added.
14:04 paul_p slef, will think of doing that, but after he has paid the - 20k€ - bill ;-)
14:04 nengard oleonard i have marked it resolved
14:05 oleonard Thanks for checking nengard
14:05 nengard np
14:05 paul_p nengard, what did you mark resolved ? jesus timezone ? :D :D
14:05 library_systems_guy nengard, I have a patch I want to commit :) but i think i made a mistake
14:05 library_systems_guy i made the change in my production directory
14:05 wizzyrea you can copy the file into your dev directory
14:05 library_systems_guy and there are 2 files with the same name in different directories in my checkout dir
14:06 * slef boggles. huginn` loves druthb
14:06 nengard library_systems_guy what wizzzyrea said
14:06 wizzyrea copy, not move
14:06 * wizzyrea has done that :)
14:06 library_systems_guy if i don't have a 'dev' install
14:06 * wizzyrea runs around flailing DISASTER DISASTER... oh
14:06 library_systems_guy should i just do a dev install so i can make changes and commit?
14:07 * druthb is a loveable girl.
14:08 wizzyrea that would be easier for you
14:08 library_systems_guy will do :)
14:09 wizzyrea library_systems_guy: please, never ever be afraid to ask questions about git. It is extremely likely that 1. someone has had your problem and 2. someone else is about to :P
14:09 wizzyrea so getting it answered helps everybody :)
14:10 library_systems_guy yayyy im glad my git ignorance can make the community a better place :p
14:10 slef and 3. slef has forgotten how to do it and should be reminded before he screws it up again.
14:10 wizzyrea ^^ yes, and that :)
14:11 wizzyrea s/slef/wizzyrea
14:11 library_systems_guy jk, no i really do want to help by contributing code but i want to make sure i have all the stuff right
14:11 slef (despite being the first(?) dev to advocate git here)
14:11 slef library_systems_guy: fail your way forwards...
14:11 wizzyrea I have made so many git mistakes.
14:11 wizzyrea so. very. many.
14:11 wizzyrea i'm still making them :P
14:12 slef best thing about git - you can pull a full unscrewed repo off your backup disk!
14:12 * oleonard is pleased to say it's been a while since he had to nuke a whole repo out of desperation
14:12 wizzyrea oleonard++
14:12 wizzyrea and oleonard has a great blog post about a sane git workflow
14:12 nengard library_systems_guy, not only have we probably made the same mistakes - but we're friendly cause we want new developers!!! Fresh blood :) hehe
14:12 oleonard Oh, karma for not screwing up? I also made it all the way to work without falling down!
14:12 wahanui not screwing up? i also made it all the way to work without falling down! has neutral karma
14:13 oleonard Thanks wahanui :P
14:13 wizzyrea more for the blog post.
14:13 hdl1 left #koha
14:13 hdl joined #koha
14:13 library_systems_guy thanks nengard
14:14 library_systems_guy has the community considered switchable opac themes?
14:15 slef err, they are, aren't they?
14:15 wizzyrea in a fashion, yes
14:15 library_systems_guy well i mean more of a drupal like theming
14:15 oleonard There may be some glitches, but it's technically doable.
14:16 slef only one is in releases at the mo because there aren't enough themers to support more... maybe that will change with the TT switchover
14:16 oleonard library_systems_guy: The trouble is then you have to do the hard work of maintaining a separate version of the templates
14:16 wizzyrea ^^ which SUCKS
14:16 wizzyrea a lot.
14:16 library_systems_guy lol i agree with wizzyrea
14:16 wizzyrea those customization preferences are there for a reason, use em :P
14:16 sijobl joined #koha
14:16 wizzyrea jquery library?
14:16 wahanui jquery library is found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
14:16 slef Does TT have something like {% base "othertheme/" %}?
14:16 wizzyrea and this
14:17 slef template toolkit?
14:17 wahanui i heard template toolkit was apt-get install libtemplate-perl
14:17 slef not the best answer but I can work with that
14:17 library_systems_guy oh yeah i definitly do use the theming functions
14:17 clrh left #koha
14:17 library_systems_guy lol @ slef and wahanui
14:17 oleonard css?
14:17 wizzyrea right, i'm just reiterating that maintaining separate templates sucks
14:17 oleonard wahanui has never heard of css.
14:17 wahanui oleonard: sorry...
14:18 library_systems_guy yeah thats what i do oleonard but i was more thinking for the users that aren't good at doing stuff like that
14:18 wizzyrea he should list the customization preferences when asked about CSS
14:18 druthb wahanui: druthb?
14:18 wahanui you are probably a well-defined figment of my imagination
14:18 druthb lol
14:18 slef wahanui: template toolkit is
14:18 wahanui ...but template toolkit is apt-get install libtemplate-perl...
14:18 druthb wahanui:  forget druthb
14:18 wahanui druthb: I forgot druthb
14:18 wizzyrea slef: is also
14:18 slef wahanui: template toolkit is also
14:18 wahanui okay, slef.
14:18 wizzyrea :)
14:18 slef template toolkit?
14:18 wahanui template toolkit is apt-get install libtemplate-perl or
14:18 slef rocks
14:19 vfernandes left #koha
14:20 slef INCLUDE_PATH :)))
14:20 wizzyrea Template::Toolkit++ (really, I like it)
14:20 slef so basically, that should rock once we get to it
14:21 clrh joined #koha
14:23 kf oleonard: I think they display in the sequence you add them (keyword-to-marc-mapping)
14:23 oleonard That was what I guessed but didn't verify
14:25 druthb left #koha
14:27 magnuse see ya later, #koha!
14:27 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:36 kf weekend time - bye all :)
14:39 wizzyrea some of these TT variable names crack me up
14:39 wizzyrea "breeding_loo" for example
14:40 kf p
14:40 kf :)
14:40 kf left #koha
14:40 oleonard Yeah, lots of "loo"s in the templates now
14:40 * wizzyrea imagines a swarm of amorous potties
14:46 talljoy_ joined #koha
14:52 oleonard I love naively optimistic FIXMEs from years ago.
14:52 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6378] Misaligned columns on tags approval page <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6378>
14:57 talljoy_ left #koha
15:02 paul_p left #koha
15:08 wizzyrea http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
15:09 oleonard Oh boy, another use of the word cloud.
15:09 sophie_m left #koha
15:09 cait joined #koha
15:09 cait hi #koha :)
15:10 talljoy_ joined #koha
15:11 wizzyrea we need a "your request has been submitted, please wait" catch for the place hold on the opac
15:12 oleonard As in Bug 5144?
15:12 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5144 normal, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW , Duplicate holds allowed if patron clicks back button after placing hold
15:12 wizzyrea no, as in
15:13 wizzyrea double clicking the hold button in the opac creates dupes
15:13 wizzyrea same idea tho
15:14 oleonard Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Not the backing up one.
15:14 wizzyrea the backing up one is a harder fix I think
15:16 wizzyrea though fixing that one would "fix" the double click
15:16 wizzyrea as a new hold would get a new unique number, so deleting one wouldn't delete both
15:16 wizzyrea you could still do it, but it would no longer be a display anomaly
15:17 * wizzyrea is blathering
15:17 gmcharlt or one of those JS disable-the-submit-button-after-clicking thingies?
15:18 wizzyrea oo
15:18 wizzyrea yes
15:18 * gmcharlt is having slight vocabulary issues today
15:18 wizzyrea good idea
15:18 wizzyrea i consider "thingie" totally valid usage :P
15:18 oleonard ...which Koha used to have
15:18 wizzyrea and it doesn't now because...
15:18 oleonard The trouble with those is that if the browser only half-registers your click (no idea why they can do that)...
15:18 oleonard ...the button gets disabled without submitting the form
15:18 wizzyrea oof
15:19 wizzyrea modern browsers better about that?
15:19 wizzyrea or it's a recent removal
15:19 oleonard This was in Koha 2.x
15:19 wizzyrea hmm
15:20 oleonard It might be a job for an modal overlay which could be manually closed in case the browser was choking.
15:20 wizzyrea urg it helps if you SAVE your file before re-testing. oy.
15:21 clrh left #koha
15:21 * oleonard finds the tags code extra-Perlishly obscure.
15:21 oleonard atz I'm looking at you :P
15:22 wizzyrea lol
15:22 sekjal I assume that the "add hold" subroutine is triggering twice... perhaps adding the check to see if it's POSSIBLE to add before doing the addition?
15:22 wizzyrea yea, it looks like that's what's going on
15:22 wizzyrea (fyi, in the grand scheme of things I know there are bigger fish than this to fry)
15:23 wizzyrea though the holds are functionally identical, and to the reserves code, it thinks there's only one
15:23 julian left #koha
15:23 wizzyrea so if you fill one, you fill both
15:23 alex_a left #koha
15:23 wizzyrea you dont get dupe items delivered, for example
15:24 wizzyrea cancelling one cancels both
15:24 wizzyrea changing the priority causes all kinds of muck
15:24 wizzyrea usually dumping the hold to the end
15:24 wizzyrea (all x number of them)
15:25 oleonard Why does the OPAC tags page show the user his rejected tags along with his approved ones?
15:27 gmcharlt for personal use, perhaps
15:27 oleonard I guess you can still see the items in your list, you just can't click the tag to search for them.
15:29 oleonard So really we should remove the link from unapproved or rejected tags in the "my tags" table
15:29 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:29 rhcl wizzyrea++ try another search!
15:31 wizzyrea oleonard: do you approve of this? (on the results of the z39.50 cataloging search)
15:32 oleonard wizzyrea++ # Yes
15:32 julian joined #koha
15:32 wizzyrea cool beans
15:32 * wizzyrea goes ahead and fixes all of the error conditions to have that function
15:37 cait wizzyrea++
15:37 cait there is an enhancement request on bugzilla about showing what was searched for on the result list
15:37 cait I looked at it but had no idea how to display it nicely
15:38 wizzyrea oo
15:39 francharb i'm leaving! weeeek eeennnnd
15:39 francharb bye all
15:39 francharb don't forget, the song of the week end, maybe of the summer is :
15:39 francharb[…]0iI&feature=share
15:39 francharb ;)
15:39 cait bye francharb :)
15:40 francharb i should talk more about koha over here!
15:40 francharb bye cait
15:40 francharb ;)
15:40 cait mention a cookie here and there and you will be fine
15:40 francharb ;)
15:41 * oleonard shakes his fist at the missing e in Perl's elsif
15:41 cait wizzyrea: you like the idea?
15:41 wizzyrea yes, I do
15:42 library_systems_guy has anybody done a debian clean install recently?
15:42 wizzyrea that one will take me longer to figure out I think, but probably doable
15:42 sekjal oleonard:  that's a feature!  It makes the statement 15% more efficient!
15:42 cait bug 1561
15:42 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1561 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , z39.50 results do not show search terms
15:42 gmcharlt oleonard: and saves that poor, overworked 'e' key
15:43 library_systems_guy i get an error when running the script
15:43 cait you are right... looking at my keyboard there is no e on me e key
15:43 library_systems_guy E: Package 'libyaz-dev' has no installation candidate
15:44 wizzyrea are you running lenny or squeeze?
15:44 talljoy_ library-system_guy: i just did a recent install.  had that same problem.  let me check my notes
15:44 library_systems_guy thanks talljoy_
15:44 cait can someone help me with the new batch problem in labels creator?
15:44 library_systems_guy wizzyrea, im not sure
15:44 cait I stared on the files for one hour this morning and I have no clue
15:44 julian left #koha
15:44 library_systems_guy the latest
15:45 cait the problem seems to be that it does not get LibraryBranchname
15:45 cait which seems to be defined globally in
15:45 wizzyrea squeeze then, so whatever talljoy_ did will probably fix it
15:45 cait strnage thing is, it's only broken when you do something with batch
15:45 library_systems_guy ok wizzyrea ill see what talljoy_ has
15:45 talljoy_ if I'm not mistaken, it had something to do with my sources.list
15:45 talljoy_ let me power up my ancient laptop where it resides.
15:45 wizzyrea i'm kind of remembering this conversation
15:45 wizzyrea sec, logs!
15:46 jcamins_away When using the Z39.50 copy cataloging, does the Javascript clicky thing work in the LCCN box?
15:46 jcamins_away (for other people)
15:46 library_systems_guy ohh i think i see something
15:46 cait jcamins: not sure, but I have a bug report to write
15:46 cait in our 3.2.2 the overlay does not work using the javascript import button
15:46 cait creates a new record...
15:46 library_systems_guy[…]eeze_(Git_Method)
15:50 talljoy_[…]a&nick=talljoy&q=
15:51 talljoy_ library_systems_guy:  those instructions from the log helped me.  the ones from 5/13.  Let me find the other link that helped
15:51 library_systems_guy ok thanks talljoy_
15:52 talljoy_[…]on_Debian_Squeeze  This one helped too.  My problem was related to my sources.list file
15:53 library_systems_guy ahh ok, yeah i just found the wiki.  Seems to be working minus a permissions issue
15:53 library_systems_guy im glad I ran into you talljoy_
15:53 julian joined #koha
15:53 talljoy_ glad to help.
15:55 julian left #koha
15:56 wizzyrea talljoy_++
15:56 library_systems_guy talljoy_++
15:56 cait talljoy_++
15:57 library_systems_guy what are the chances of getting that squeeze script added to the release?
15:57 wizzyrea which script
15:58 library_systems_guy the shell script that works with squeeze and not lenny
15:58 library_systems_guy[…]i/Install-dep-deb
15:59 wizzyrea not hard to add by any stretch
15:59 wizzyrea not sure if there's anything pending for that though
16:00 library_systems_guy i figured it would be pretty easy to just drop a seperate file in the install_misc dir to have one for lenny and squeeze
16:01 library_systems_guy but you guys are the pros
16:01 wizzyrea rhcl did you add a bug for that "try search again" enhancement that I'm currently formulating a patch for?
16:02 wizzyrea afk just a min.
16:03 cait ok
16:03 cait we have this evil bug in labels
16:03 cait and I want to solve it but need help
16:03 cait someone willing to?
16:03 cait any ideas appreciated
16:03 cait the thing is, this page:
16:03 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]l_element=profile
16:04 cait will show the current branch perfectly
16:04 cait ut
16:04 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]bel_element=batch
16:04 cait does not
16:04 cait and I don't see why
16:06 wizzyrea k back
16:08 wizzyrea rhcl: don't worry about the bug, I'm filing one now.
16:09 wizzyrea just didn't want to duplicate work if you had already started one
16:09 wizzyrea bug 6380
16:09 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6380 enhancement, P5, ---, wizzyrea, ASSIGNED , Z39.50 Cataloging Search needs a way to try search again, even if results are found
16:12 hdl @francharb++ for the song and his restless work
16:12 huginn` hdl: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
16:12 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
16:13 wizzyrea wahanui: forget I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA
16:13 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot i'll give you the answer as soon as rda
16:13 wizzyrea I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is <reply>
16:13 wizzyrea @something blah
16:13 huginn` wizzyrea: I suck
16:13 wizzyrea tee hee
16:13 wizzyrea @something blah
16:13 huginn` wizzyrea: I've exhausted my database of quotes
16:15 hdl @test
16:15 huginn` hdl: downloading the Perl source
16:17 wizzyrea @test
16:17 huginn` wizzyrea: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
16:17 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
16:18 wizzyrea gr
16:18 cait grr
16:18 * cait gives up
16:18 wizzyrea nooo
16:19 cait on the labels bug
16:19 cait it's evil
16:19 cait I want it gone
16:19 cait hmpf.
16:19 wizzyrea *nod*
16:19 wizzyrea chris_n -- we need you!
16:19 wizzyrea er
16:19 wizzyrea golly I hope that didn't dincrement him :/
16:20 wizzyrea chris_n++ just in case :P
16:21 aogle joined #koha
16:21 oleonard karma chris_n
16:21 wahanui chris_n  has neutral karma
16:21 oleonard uh wha?
16:21 wizzyrea ?!
16:21 wizzyrea @karma chris_n
16:21 huginn` wizzyrea: Karma for "chris_n" has been increased 190 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 189.
16:21 wizzyrea no!
16:21 wizzyrea i mean, gah I hope that wasn't me !
16:22 wizzyrea >.<
16:22 cait don't think so :)
16:22 cait there was a space
16:22 cait chris_n
16:22 cait hm.
16:22 cait summoning does not work today
16:23 * wizzyrea looks at the clock, no rapture yet in his time zone
16:23 cait did you send a patch for the guided reports thing?
16:23 wizzyrea no, I didn't because it didn't fix it :(
16:23 wizzyrea I thought it did but it didn't
16:23 cait oh :(
16:24 cait probably both tt problems
16:24 cait but something not so obviouw
16:24 cait s
16:24 conan oleonard: cool stuff that Data::Dumper, but it was enough with the warns so far. I'll check that later
16:27 cait @seen chris_n
16:27 huginn` cait: chris_n was last seen in #koha 4 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes, and 48 seconds ago: <chris_n> g'night #koha
16:28 cait ugh
16:28 oleonard I wish I could sleep for 13 hours, 30 minutes, and 48 seconds
16:30 wizzyrea is there a way to count number of overdues returned?
16:30 wizzyrea (this seems like a relatively insane stat to count)
16:31 cait um
16:31 cait old issues return date... and due date comparison?
16:31 cait not sure all those fields are in there
16:32 jcamins_away SELECT COUNT(*) FROM old_issues WHERE returndate > date_due;
16:32 jcamins_away Maybe.
16:32 wizzyrea oo
16:32 wizzyrea wait I thought you were gone
16:32 wizzyrea >.>
16:33 cait he is always away
16:33 jcamins_away This may be the only time I'm on #koha before ALA.
16:33 cait oh
16:33 cait the big vacation?
16:33 oleonard When's ALA?
16:33 jcamins_away And I'm not entirely here, anyway.
16:33 jcamins_away oleonard: end of June.
16:34 jcamins_away cait: training, training, honeymoon, training, ALA.
16:34 sekjal wizzyrea++ (for providing a test plan along with her bug report)
16:34 wizzyrea :)
16:36 cait jcamins_away: ok, just in case it's true - hope you have a fantastic time in Budapest :)
16:36 wizzyrea ok, what's that thing you do to rename a branch?
16:37 oleonard git branch -m
16:37 wizzyrea oleonard++ thanks, i was going mad.
16:37 wizzyrea trying to remember
16:37 * oleonard is going mad staring at this tags code
16:37 * cait wants to cry and stomp her foot because she can't figure out what's wrong
16:37 wizzyrea yikes!
16:37 wizzyrea let me do 1 bit of branch maintenance then I'll look too
16:38 jcamins_away cait: thanks. We're very excited. :)
16:38 oleonard jcamins_away: Do you know Hungarian?
16:39 jcamins_away oleonard: I know how to say "thank you very much."
16:40 jcamins_away We learned a few other phrases last time we were there, but they've all been forgotten.
16:40 * oleonard visited Budapest years ago and was confounded by the language
16:40 jcamins_away It's pretty confounding.
16:41 * oleonard remembers being told its closest relative was Finnish
16:41 jcamins_away Finnish and Estonian.
16:42 jcamins_away And there are a couple of languages in Siberia that are related.
16:47 nengard does anyone know if it's possible to have something print automatically from the browser
16:47 nengard with no confirmation dialog or anything?
16:47 wizzyrea yep
16:47 wizzyrea it's completely possible
16:47 wizzyrea at least in firefox
16:47 nengard k
16:47 nengard that's all i needed to know :)
16:47 wizzyrea[…]_Receipt_Printing
16:47 nengard the how is up to someone else
16:47 nengard oh! thanks!
16:47 wizzyrea ;) np
16:48 * oleonard did not know that.
16:49 wizzyrea receipt printing?
16:49 wizzyrea receipt printing is at[…]_Receipt_Printing
16:51 wizzyrea if anybody wants to look up how to do that in chrome, that'd be cool :p
16:52 wizzyrea oleonard, this is something to think about for the slips:
16:52 wizzyrea[…]-userscript-maybe
16:54 oleonard Embedding js in a pdf to trigger automatic printing sounds like a recipe for mischief
16:54 wizzyrea right, but could the same deal be used for the slips?
16:54 wizzyrea I suppose that might be bad, because not everyone would want it to come out on their default printer
16:54 wizzyrea never mind :)
16:55 jcamins_away oleonard++ # great pun
16:55 wizzyrea we work around the whole "i want to not click OK, but I still want to be able to use my normal printer sometimes" with portable firefox. We never had much luck with profiles (too complicated for our peeps)
17:00 nengard oleonard, on the check in screen when a message appears it has a class of 'dialog alert' - but firebug sees it as 'dialog' can IDs have spaces in them?  (<div class="dialog alert">)
17:00 oleonard No
17:01 cait those are 2 clasees
17:01 cait classes
17:18 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 1232] Add Invoice/Credit/Fines Payed For Day on Issues (Print Page) (Print Slip) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1232>
17:25 conan left #koha
17:25 hdl left #koha
17:27 nengard i'm confused now ... cait if it's 2 classes then why arne't i seeing 2 classes in firebug? only the one? or am i just not looking in the right place?
17:27 cait I am not sure about firebug's display
17:27 nengard oh found it ...
17:27 cait but when you list to words like that, it means 2 classes :)
17:27 nengard so if you have two styles you do a space in the middle
17:27 cait yep
17:28 cait list them space separated
17:28 nengard k
17:32 talljoy_ left #koha
17:40 library_systems_guy i have a random question that someone might be able to answer...i ran it by rangi a while back but it was right before the 3.4 release and everyones hair was on fire
17:41 library_systems_guy everytime i do a dev install and navigate to the ip of my server i get a "software error"
17:41 library_systems_guy the error is "Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 680."
17:41 library_systems_guy has anybody else experienced this?
17:42 library_systems_guy i think it is a permissions thing because when i run a standard install it work like a dream
17:54 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
18:02 wizzyrea wait, where's the patch for 1232?
18:02 wizzyrea cuzn that's awesome
18:04 oleonard "Found this message ( in
18:04 oleonard koha-patches mailing list and found code in HEAD.  This is patch 2 of 2 but
18:04 oleonard unable to locate first patch which I assume would add outstanding balance upon
18:04 oleonard Print Slip."
18:04 wizzyrea right... where's 1/2?
18:04 * wizzyrea urgs
18:04 wizzyrea i'll go look.
18:04 cait bug 1232
18:04 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1232 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add Invoice/Credit/Fines Payed For Day on Issues (Print Page) (Print Slip)
18:07 wizzyrea aha!
18:07 wizzyrea
18:07 wizzyrea possibly?
18:10 wizzyrea though despite the subject I don't see anything in there about fines
18:11 druthb joined #koha
18:12 druthb o/
18:12 cait hi druthb
18:12 slef library_systems_guy: www-data (or whatever user is in apache config) can't read the KOHA_CONF maybe?
18:13 slef bbl
18:14 library_systems_guy well i did a chgrp on /root/koha-dev/etc/ to www-data
18:14 oleonard wizzyrea: That quick slip stuff is already in master
18:14 wizzyrea right, but why is it referencing 1232?
18:15 wizzyrea i'm sad to report that neither of those patches apply to 1232 :/
18:15 wizzyrea they have to do with quickslips
18:15 slef library_systems_guy: and it is -rwxr--r-- ?
18:15 slef actually -rwxr-----
18:15 slef now really bbl... there is a drink waiting for me ;-)
18:18 library_systems_guy slef, when you get back...I got lazy and just 777-ed the whole directory in a desperation attempt to get it working
18:18 wizzyrea and?
18:19 library_systems_guy oh, and it didn't work
18:19 wizzyrea same thing?
18:19 library_systems_guy same thing
18:19 library_systems_guy sadly
18:20 library_systems_guy i just want to add my new code to the repo :'(
18:20 cait :(
18:21 wizzyrea SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/blah/blah/koha-conf.xml"
18:21 jcamins_away library_systems_guy: I'm not really here (hence my nick), but it sounds to me like your Apache config might be wrong.
18:21 jcamins_away Do what wizzyrea just said.
18:21 * jcamins_away returns to not being here
18:23 library_systems_guy wizzyrea, thats set correctly in the apache config
18:23 wizzyrea hm, you had the problem the 1st time you installed koha too
18:23 wizzyrea but you never reported how you fixed it
18:23 library_systems_guy only the dev install
18:24 jcamins_away library_systems_guy: did you follow the instructions assiduously?
18:24 library_systems_guy to a T
18:24 library_systems_guy there was one package that was out of date so i used the new one
18:24 jcamins_away Okay, just checking that you didn't "correct" spelling.
18:24 library_systems_guy what spelling would i have corrected?
18:25 jcamins_away (someone went through, and corrected the spelling of all the packages so that the words weren't run together a few months ago, then didn't understand why it couldn't find the packages)
18:25 library_systems_guy anyway, i just copied and pasted to the command line
18:25 jcamins_away Darn, I was hoping there might be an easy answer.
18:25 library_systems_guy as much as i hate to admit to being lazy when it comes to typing....i am
18:25 library_systems_guy me too
18:26 library_systems_guy what permissions does the perl5lib need?
18:26 library_systems_guy is it www-data or koha for the group
18:26 library_systems_guy i have tried it with both
18:26 jcamins_away Just public readable.
18:26 library_systems_guy ok
18:26 jcamins_away Shouldn't matter which group.
18:27 library_systems_guy should be set that way...i 777-ed that directory too
18:27 jcamins_away Hm.
18:27 jcamins_away Oh! Check your Apache logs.
18:27 jcamins_away You're looking for an error message about a directive not being understood.
18:28 * jcamins_away should probably mention that he is not anywhere that he is looking at Koha installations... please forgive any errors.
18:29 library_systems_guy is there python code in Koha?
18:29 oleonard Maybe I'm too dumb to see the beauty of it, but I REALLY hate this tags code. And the tags table stuctures.
18:29 wizzyrea no
18:29 wizzyrea are you looking at the koha apache logs?
18:30 library_systems_guy just the apache error log
18:30 wizzyrea or just the apache logs
18:30 library_systems_guy the standard one
18:30 wizzyrea right
18:30 oleonard Why is there tags_all and tags_approval?
18:30 wizzyrea you probably need to be looking at the koha logs
18:31 wizzyrea can you 'locate koha-error_log'
18:31 oleonard Surely there must be a point at which cleverly efficient code becomes obscure to the point of inefficiency?
18:31 sekjal oleonard:  no idea.  some of the data structure choices from that iteration of the code are... difficult to backtrack
18:31 wizzyrea otherwise it's probably in something like /home/koha/koha-dev/var/log
18:31 wizzyrea depending on your install options
18:31 cait sekjal: any chance you could take a look 6343?
18:32 cait it's driving me crazy :(
18:32 cait it seems the template variables from stop working at some point
18:32 cait but I have no idea why
18:32 cait as soon as 'batch'is involved it's broken
18:33 library_systems_guy the only thing the koha error log has to offer is the same dump that shows up in the browser
18:33 sekjal cait: are there any specific error codes, or is it just that no info is returning?
18:33 cait sekjal: any hints for error tracking appreciated too
18:33 cait not really an error code no
18:34 cait only that $branch_code is not set - but that's the same problem I see on the template, tries to use LoginLibraryName to find out
18:34 cait and that does not work
18:34 cait LoginLibraryname is defined in
18:34 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6380] Z39.50 Cataloging Search needs a way to try search again, even if results are found <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6380>
18:35 cait I have stared on the files for hours now
18:35 cait I hate when I can't locate the problem :(
18:35 wizzyrea cait maybe the problem is in an include?
18:35 jcamins_away cait: the problem is that it has to be set in two places in
18:35 wizzyrea i overlook those sometimes.
18:35 sekjal cait: I think they're using the root Koha user, and that's the problem, since that user does not have a defined homebranch
18:35 jcamins_away At least, that's my guess.
18:35 cait wizzyrea: the variable should show up in 2 places - one is an include indeed
18:35 cait but one is in the template directly
18:35 jcamins_away The entire subroutine in is duplicated.
18:36 sekjal the second linked listserv post indicates they're logged in as "kohaadmin"
18:36 cait Current branch: [% LoginLibaryname %]
18:36 cait but it's not there
18:36 jcamins_away Except, some variables aren't set in both copies.
18:36 cait sekjal: I am not
18:36 cait sekjal: I thought that at first too - but it's not true
18:36 cait it is a real bug
18:36 cait it works for all pages in labels - the branch is always there
18:37 cait it's relying on the same variable in the other places
18:37 cait but once you go to batches -- it's lost
18:37 cait it's even the same perl file for the one page - label_manage
18:37 cait and the same template file
18:37 wizzyrea library_systems_guy: and you have good permissions on /home/koha/koha-dev?
18:38 cait jcamins: it works on other templates in the same module!
18:38 cait perhaps I am missing something important, but at the moment it's a big mystery to me :(
18:38 wizzyrea (insert your home directory of course)
18:38 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]bel_element=batch branch is there
18:38 cait no, branch is gone
18:38 cait sorry,
18:38 cait but
18:39 rangi cait: in the perl code is there somethign doing if ($template->param('LoginLibraryname'))
18:39 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]l_element=profile
18:39 cait branch is there
18:39 sekjal okay, confirmed the issue
18:39 rangi that doesnt work, and will zero out the value
18:39 cait !
18:39 cait I will check
18:39 cait and happy birthday :)
18:39 oleonard Hi rangi, happy birthday!
18:39 rangi $template->param is a h::t::p things
18:39 wizzyrea happy birthday :D
18:39 rangi we have a helper routine
18:40 rangi but its not how you set/use variables in template toolkit
18:40 rangi over time we will remove it all, but for now .. only ever use it in this form
18:40 * druthb sings "happy birthday" to rangi
18:40 * cait joins in
18:40 rangi $template->param('something' => 'something');
18:40 * wizzyrea too
18:40 rangi never in an if
18:41 cait Alles Gute zum Geburtstag für dich... *sing*
18:41 * oleonard adds "and you smell like one too!"
18:41 rangi $template->{VARS}->{'something'}
18:41 cait he ignores us :)
18:41 rangi is how you check a value is set
18:41 rangi yes, cos i need to go get in the car soon :)
18:41 rangi and wanted to finish my lecture
18:41 rangi thank you all
18:41 cait birthday wishes go over crazy bugs :)
18:42 rangi same bug might be for guided reports
18:42 cait yeah could be
18:42 rangi so its one worth knowing how to fix
18:42 cait now I have an idea an can try to find it :)
18:42 rangi yay
18:42 rangi and anyone writing new code
18:43 rangi dont do $template->param
18:43 rangi just do $template->{VARS}->{'name'}=$value
18:43 sekjal cool, thanks, rangi, for the heads up on that one.  oh, and happy birthday
18:44 rangi or my %hash
18:44 rangi $template->{VARS}=\%hash;
18:44 rangi etc
18:45 cait my $branch_code = ($label_element eq 'batch' ? get_branch_code_from_name($temp​late->param('LoginBranchname')) : '');
18:45 cait so this might be the problem?
18:45 gmcharlt @quote add cait> birthday wishes go over crazy bugs :)
18:45 huginn` gmcharlt: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
18:46 gmcharlt @quote add <cait> birthday wishes go over crazy bugs :)
18:46 huginn` gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.  Quote #134 added.
18:46 rangi yes, thats it cait
18:46 rangi thats breaking it
18:47 cait whoohoo
18:47 rangi make that
18:48 rangi $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'}
18:48 rangi without the typo
18:48 cait hehe
18:48 rangi and it should fix it
18:48 cait ok
18:49 cait yep!!!
18:49 wizzyrea yay!
18:49 wizzyrea rangi++
18:49 cait there must be another line in the batch-edit - but I will locate and repair
18:49 cait rangi++
18:49 rangi[…]ook-on-efficiency <-- perfect for explaining why kotui was a crazy decision
18:52 oleonard "costly to maintain" seems like an obscure way of saying "they charge a lot for it"
18:52 jcamins_away rangi: happy birthday.
18:52 rangi thanks
18:52 rangi 86k us!!
18:53 rangi that is a lot
18:54 wizzyrea cait++ for determination in kicking that bug into submission
18:54 cait what is more than a lot?
18:54 cait wizzyrea: would have never figured that out
18:54 rangi a metric crap ton
18:54 wizzyrea UK crap ton?
18:54 cait but at least I got it cornered...
18:54 rangi tonne
18:54 rangi :)
18:54 wizzyrea sorry... tonnE
18:54 wizzyrea :D
18:54 cait 1 tonne sind 1000 kg...
18:55 * cait looks around confused
18:55 wizzyrea not in the UK :P
18:55 cait why are we talking about tonnen?
18:55 wizzyrea In the United Kingdom, the ton is a unit of measure which, when it ceased to be legal for trade in 1985, was defined in British legislation as being a weight or mass equal to 2,240 pounds (1,016 kg)
18:55 cait oh my
18:58 rangi ok spot ya
18:58 rangi s
18:59 rangi ill be back in a couple of days, have everything fixed when i get back please
18:59 rangi kthxbye
18:59 wizzyrea :)
18:59 cait :)
18:59 oleonard You know, as a b-day present!
18:59 cait working on it :)
19:00 library_systems_guy wizzyrea, There is something odd about the install that just reminded me of something
19:00 library_systems_guy when i ran the install i did it as root
19:01 library_systems_guy so it ended up in /root/koha-dev instead of /home/koha/koha-dev
19:01 wizzyrea ah there you have it
19:01 library_systems_guy damn
19:01 wizzyrea permissions :)
19:01 library_systems_guy ok ill fix that and let you know
19:01 library_systems_guy *crosses fingers*
19:03 cait library_systems_guy++
19:03 wizzyrea gl :D
19:03 cait ok, now that we have those 2 things figured out...
19:03 wizzyrea on to the usual friday banter
19:03 wizzyrea I like kittens!
19:04 cait I like kittens and cookies!
19:04 oleonard I like kittens who like bacon-flavored cookies!
19:04 wizzyrea bacon flavo...
19:04 * wizzyrea faints
19:04 cait rofl
19:05 oleonard jcamins_away probably has some in his cookie jar
19:05 * cait is quite sure jared has a recipe for those
19:05 oleonard :D
19:05 wizzyrea there isn't much jcamins doesn't have a recipe for
19:05 cait :D
19:05 oleonard Bug_6306--
19:06 wizzyrea boo
19:07 cait bug 6306
19:07 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6306 normal, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , It is not possible edit news
19:07 cait urgs
19:07 cait found another tt issue in labels
19:07 cait will send  a patch soon... (get ready for sign-off ... :) )
19:09 * jcamins_away was just talking to someone about bacon-flavored cookies.
19:09 library_systems_guy so while i delete the VM i totally hosed and create a new one
19:10 library_systems_guy how do you do the asterisk bit on irc
19:10 library_systems_guy i am kinda new to it
19:10 jcamins_away[…]okies/Detail.aspx
19:10 druthb library_systems_guy: ... like "/me does blah blah blah"
19:10 jcamins_away ^^ for example
19:10 cait /me
19:10 * cait is happy now
19:10 * library_systems_guy thinks about bacon
19:10 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
19:10 druthb got it in one!
19:10 cait yay!
19:10 wizzyrea jcamins has just given my family a heart attack
19:10 library_systems_guy oh i feel pro now
19:10 druthb library_systems_guy++
19:10 library_systems_guy druthb++
19:10 cait druthb++
19:11 druthb hmpf.  druthb--
19:11 huginn` druthb: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
19:11 wizzyrea jcamins_away: i'm making those. Like, tonight.
19:11 wizzyrea maybe tomorrow.
19:11 druthb @quote get 102
19:11 huginn` druthb: Quote #102: "<druthb> harrrumph!" (added by gmcharlt at 07:42 PM, November 11, 2010)
19:11 Guillaume joined #koha
19:12 library_systems_guy is now known as library_systems_guy_away
19:14 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I've never tried them.
19:14 jcamins_away This reminds me. I need to buy eggs and chocolate on the way home.
19:14 wizzyrea well I shall report on how they are :P
19:14 cait eggs and chocolate... so many possibilities...
19:15 wizzyrea mousse
19:15 jcamins_away Cookies, probably.
19:16 * oleonard suspects this is the root of the Koha news problem: $template->param($new_detail);
19:16 cait aha!
19:17 cait wizzyrea: I am going to check guided reports next - ok?
19:17 wizzyrea oh oh, can I?
19:17 wizzyrea if I don't get to it I'll let you know
19:17 * oleonard doesn't see how that worked even before T:T
19:18 rhcl1 joined #koha
19:19 rhcl1 we're setting up a test koha server using git; do we want to install dev, single, or standard????
19:19 oleonard dev
19:19 rhcl1 tnx
19:21 cait wizzyrea: sure!
19:21 wizzyrea i'm hassling you
19:21 wizzyrea :)
19:22 cait need some tea now
19:22 cait so brewed some :)
19:23 jcamins_away Tea!
19:23 * jcamins_away needs tea
19:23 * jcamins_away is not home, so it'll have to wait until he gets home.
19:24 cait @quote add rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo
19:24 huginn` cait: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
19:24 * sekjal also needs tea
19:25 Guillaume left #koha
19:25 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6370] news showing that it's for the opac when it's for the librarian interface <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6370>
19:27 cait @quote add rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo
19:27 cait @quote add rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo
19:27 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.  Quote #135 added.
19:27 cait yay
19:29 oleonard Okay, so following rangi's advice, if I put this in the script: $template->{VARS}->{'new_detail'} = $new_detail;
19:29 oleonard ...I can do [% new_detail.title %] in the template
19:29 oleonard Is it kosher to do so without the FOREACH? Seems to work...
19:32 cait not usre
19:32 cait I had no loop
19:32 cait only a simple variable
19:34 jwagner is now known as jwagner_away
19:38 * oleonard supposes if his fix is incorrect someone will politely inform him
19:38 wizzyrea or not politely, as in, by screaming at you.
19:39 oleonard Anything's possible I suppose
19:39 oleonard "Owen your mishandling of variable scope MAKES ME SO ANGRY!"
19:39 cait hmpf, this tea is hot
19:39 cait lol
19:40 gmcharlt oleonard: "... in  a deep, personal way it wounds my heart to the depths of my existance" </hyperbole>
19:41 cait looking at bug 6327 next
19:41 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6327 major, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW , editing frameworks looses framework suggestion
19:41 * cait loves koha fridays
19:42 jcamins_away It's Friday?
19:42 rhcl1 Friday si!
19:43 oleonard Depends on who you ask
19:43 jcamins_away Ugh. I keep on forgetting that.
19:43 rhcl1 for a new dev koha install, do we need to do any initial setup before we import a database?
19:43 JesseM joined #koha
19:44 indradg joined #koha
19:45 indradg rangi, happy birthday :)
19:45 jcamins_away rhcl1: if you're importing a pre-configured database, nothing beyond setting up Apache, MySQL, and Zebra (and, of course, Koha).
19:45 jcamins_away But no need to go through the installer.
19:45 rhcl1 ack tnx again
19:47 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6306] It is not possible edit news <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6306>
19:49 cait seems we are filling up the sign off queue-- again
19:52 wizzyrea ya, and I just squashed another one (with cait's help)
19:52 cait wizzyrea++
19:53 wizzyrea cait++
19:53 jcamins_away dynamic_duo_of_bug_squashing_brilliance++
19:56 library_systems_guy_away left #koha
19:59 wizzyrea what's the TT bug number again?
19:59 oleonard 5917
19:59 cait no idea
19:59 wizzyrea ty oleonard
19:59 cait always have to search for it
19:59 wizzyrea tt bug number is bug 5917
19:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5917 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Switch Koha to use Template::Toolkit
19:59 oleonard It's first in the autocomplete for my "blocks" form field
20:00 cait hehe
20:00 cait probably in mine too, should check
20:02 oleonard Nice long-lost enhancement idea: Bug 1983
20:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1983 enhancement, P3, ---, chris, NEW , Add option to create hold request when checking out an item already on loan
20:04 wizzyrea doh, that patch I just sent is right but I left in the commented out wrong line >.<
20:06 wizzyrea screw it, I'll send a followup "uh, nuts."
20:06 rhcl huggin buddy, gitme bug 6112 bug 2388
20:06 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6112 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Missing fields in overdues csv file
20:06 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2388 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Improve documentation of
20:09 druthb left #koha
20:13 * oleonard mobilizes all his forces to solve Bug 4158 no matter what the cost!
20:13 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4158 minor, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , cannot create list whose title is '0'
20:14 * oleonard must... create... title... called... 0!
20:14 cait oleonard. bug 3866
20:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3866 minor, P4, ---, henridamien, RESOLVED FIXED, Errror in sample_budgets.sql
20:14 rhcl allright now, new koha test server up and running, minimum fuss. TNX oleonard and jcammins
20:14 cait I think it's a language problem, en has no sample budgets
20:14 cait I think russian or ukrainian has... I have stumbled into that
20:15 oleonard Okay, feel free to re-open if you have more info
20:15 * cait thinks she will ignore that bug
20:16 cait oleonard: try creating a vendor called 0 or NULL one of those is fun :)
20:18 oleonard There should be a new category of "Resolved" in bugzilla: "Resolved: Don't do that"
20:18 cait hehe
20:21 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6258] Guided reports wizard 'Build new' brings up empty page <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6258> / [Bug 6327] editing frameworks looses framework suggestion <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6327>
20:26 oleonard Have a good weekend #koha.
20:26 oleonard left #koha
20:26 wizzyrea gnite oleonard
20:26 wizzyrea he's always so fast on the quit button
20:27 wizzyrea can you all think of any reason why an email address like would be transcribed by the koha server into
20:27 wizzyrea I can't
20:28 wizzyrea it's right in the db, but the bounces are coming back
20:28 wizzyrea which makes absolutely no sense at all
20:28 wizzyrea (no, of course we don't have full headers [yet] why on earth would you ask that?)
20:28 gmcharlt wizzyrea: that sounds more like an MTA misconfig than a Koha issue
20:29 gmcharlt wizzyrea++ # pre-emptive answering!
20:29 wizzyrea haha :)
20:29 wizzyrea something so purposeful reeks of humanity to me
20:30 wizzyrea at some point, somewhere, must have existed, and it's ghost is lingering
20:30 wizzyrea a dns redirect or something
20:31 library_systems_guy joined #koha
20:33 wizzyrea heh
20:33 library_systems_guy I'd just like to announce to everybody that im retarded and will never again do a full install while logged in as root
20:33 * wizzyrea hugs library_systems_guy
20:34 wizzyrea you're not the first, you'll not be the last :)
20:34 library_systems_guy sad but true
20:34 library_systems_guy i should put that in my kohablog
20:34 wizzyrea you have a kohablog?
20:35 * cait perks up
20:35 library_systems_guy yeah
20:35 library_systems_guy goes to look up url
20:35 library_systems_guy
20:36 library_systems_guy not much yet because I've been busy coding a new site for our library
20:36 library_systems_guy but hopefully i can get some of the stuff i struggled with on it
20:36 library_systems_guy and I'll be updating the initial setup to match the dev install
20:38 wizzyrea lol nice tagline :()
20:38 wizzyrea :)
20:38 wizzyrea gah I cannot type
20:39 library_systems_guy lol yeah i was frustrated with ldap that day
20:43 library_systems_guy ok so I'd like to make a change to the but it exists in 2 locations
20:43 library_systems_guy which one do a change
20:45 wizzyrea where are you seeing them?
20:45 library_systems_guy ./kohaclone/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/mod​ules/​_TMPL_DIR/prog/en/modules/
20:45 library_systems_guy oops
20:45 library_systems_guy there was supposed to be a return character in there
20:46 aogle left #koha
20:46 wizzyrea /kohaclone/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules
20:46 library_systems_guy ok cool :)
20:46 * library_systems_guy would like to shake wizzyrea's hand for all his help
20:47 rhcl ?
20:47 wizzyrea you're welcome
20:47 wizzyrea though wizzy is just a variant of "lizzy"
20:47 wizzyrea ;)
20:48 library_systems_guy i knew that was going to happen to me
20:48 * library_systems_guy turns 20 shades of red
20:48 wizzyrea don't :)
20:48 wizzyrea < played WoW, got that all the time
20:48 library_systems_guy i decided to go with an old spanish lesson...when in doubt go with the masculine
20:48 wizzyrea it's always a debate whether or not to correct ;)
20:48 wizzyrea (in my mind)
20:49 library_systems_guy im glad you did
20:50 wizzyrea ohh kay
20:50 wizzyrea what am I doing wrong that I'm getting all of these patches when I format patch?
20:50 wizzyrea i had it worked out for a while but now it's broken again and I don't know why
20:50 slef not putting -1 on it? ;-)
20:50 wizzyrea hm
20:51 wizzyrea no, that only gives me the 1st
20:52 nengard left #koha
20:52 wizzyrea what I mean is... it's formatting patches for stuff I've pulled in from origin master ?
20:53 slef I guess it's confused about where your branch point is.
20:53 slef Do you have git gr configured?
20:53 wizzyrea seems unlikely
20:53 wizzyrea hah
20:53 wizzyrea that's a definite "no"
20:53 slef [alias]
20:53 slef gr = log --graph --full-history --all --color '--pretty=%h%x09%d%x20%s%x20(%an)'
20:53 slef in $HOME/.gitconfig
20:53 slef biab an alarm is going off
20:53 wizzyrea k
20:54 wizzyrea oh lordie
20:54 cait did you branch from master liz?
20:55 wizzyrea yes
20:55 cait hm
20:55 cait and you get a lot of patches when you do git format?
20:56 cait git format-patch I mean
20:56 wizzyrea currently i'm getting 8
20:58 cait hm
20:58 wizzyrea o
20:58 wizzyrea this might be something
20:58 wizzyrea it says that master is ahead of origin/master by 18 commits
20:58 wizzyrea but it's stuff I pulled down?
20:58 wizzyrea <whine> ugh I'm so dumb at git </whine>
20:59 wizzyrea and if I try to rebase origin, it says fatal: cannot convert from UTF-8utf-8 to UTF-8
20:59 wizzyrea wtf.
20:59 wizzyrea it's friday at 4pm. I should not be arguing with git right now >.<
21:01 slef hrm not sure what's up there :(
21:05 cait me neither :(
21:06 cait what does your git log show?
21:06 cait other commits tests you did apply perhaps on that branch?
21:06 wizzyrea no, it's all stuff that came in from git pull
21:07 wizzyrea last one is 2dfb6038a55bf257c442a22eae992d59e6f07905
21:07 library_systems_guy yayy i made my first patch :)
21:07 cait library_systems_guy++
21:07 library_systems_guy i just don't know if it actually sent
21:07 cait what is it about?
21:08 cait are you subscribed to the bugs list?
21:08 library_systems_guy i just added a div around the advanced search form with an ID so i could size it
21:08 library_systems_guy im not, but i was about to
21:08 slef hmmm... wizzyrea can you put your git gr in pastebin or similar for me?
21:08 cait oh patches list, sorry
21:08 wizzyrea slef it's pretty huge
21:08 cait if you are not subscribed to patches it's possible that it's stuck in moderation
21:09 library_systems_guy oops
21:09 library_systems_guy probably
21:09 * library_systems_guy --
21:10 rhcl don't think you can self-deprecate
21:10 library_systems_guy lol dang
21:11 library_systems_guy if i change the opac.css file on the server instead of through preferences will it get overwritten?
21:11 library_systems_guy on update*
21:12 slef wizzyrea: just 1st screen should be enough
21:12 slef library_systems_guy: it should merge but may conflict
21:13 library_systems_guy uh oh...i remember conflicts with svn
21:13 pastebot "wizzyrea" at pasted "so embarrassing... how do I manage these problems." (70 lines) at
21:13 library_systems_guy they are no bueno
21:18 slef wizzyrea: so where are you and you get 8 patches from origin/master?
21:19 wizzyrea I am on what is referred to as "master" in my local repo
21:19 wizzyrea and currently I get 7 patches
21:20 wizzyrea ending with bug 6320
21:20 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6320 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Generate Next button doesn't generate next issue
21:20 wizzyrea pf huginn
21:22 vali joined #koha
21:22 slef wizzyrea: the ones with *s in the leftmost branch?
21:22 vali hi all
21:22 slef hi vali
21:22 wizzyrea yes
21:23 vali i want to know the release of 3.4.1
21:23 wizzyrea May 22 is when it's scheduled
21:23 slef vali: monday innit?
21:23 vali and from where i can download the nightly release? is there any?
21:24 vali @ wizzyrea ok thanks
21:24 huginn` vali: I suck
21:24 wizzyrea no nightlies, afaik
21:24 vali http://intranet.bywatersolutio[…]bin/koha/
21:24 slef can get snapshot off gitweb can't you?
21:25 vali Koha version:
21:25 wizzyrea sure, might be unstable though
21:25 vali ok
21:26 vali i can download 3.4.1 unstable? from where?
21:26 slef wizzyrea: So for some reasonyour repo doesn't know those patches are in origin/master. how did you get them?
21:26 wizzyrea git pull
21:27 vali i know nothing abt git
21:27 vali can u give me link?
21:27 wizzyrea version control using git?
21:27 wahanui well, version control using git is at[…]Control_Using_Git
21:27 wizzyrea try that
21:28 wizzyrea :)
21:28 slef vali:[…]85e3116c5b;sf=tgz
21:29 slef there is probably a better link
21:29 slef and using git wouild be much better
21:30 francharb left #koha
21:31 wizzyrea slef, did I pull whilst on the wrong branch
21:31 slef wizzyrea: hrm. so have you some patch before the bug 6330 one which isn't in origin?
21:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6330 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , holds saying on hold 'until' instead of 'since'
21:31 slef as in what's the next * in the left column?
21:31 slef I'm not sure
21:32 slef biab dessert is here
21:32 wizzyrea !!!
21:32 wizzyrea are you doing this from dinner?!
21:32 slef and I'm watching the tour of cali
21:32 wizzyrea if you are, I apologize to your wife!
21:32 slef nah from sofa
21:32 slef tv and late dessert
21:32 wizzyrea ahh
21:33 wizzyrea well that's ok then :)
21:33 wizzyrea slef: so tell me this, what *should* it look like
21:33 wizzyrea and I will endeavor to make it so
21:33 slef dunno... every repo is different :(
21:33 wizzyrea nothing from origin hanging out on a branch?
21:33 wizzyrea in theory?
21:34 wizzyrea unless it's a testing branch, but none of that stuff is
21:34 slef well, you see those same bugs get repeated up a few branches?
21:34 sekjal okay, gtg.  see you next week, #koha!
21:34 wizzyrea yeeeesss
21:35 wizzyrea (btw, thanks very much for helping me poke at it, it was/is driving me mad)
21:35 sekjal left #koha
21:35 slef that makes me think something's been committed to your local master which isn;'t in origin/master yet
21:35 library_systems_guy bye #koha im out for the day :)
21:35 library_systems_guy left #koha
21:35 slef so either you reorder some stuff
21:35 wizzyrea seems odd
21:35 slef or wait for it to get into origin
21:36 wizzyrea hmm
21:36 slef and then git should sort it for you
21:36 slef but I'm probably wrong :)
21:36 wizzyrea haha
21:36 vali thanks
21:36 wizzyrea well, you know more about it than me :)
21:37 wizzyrea i'm guessing, only guessing
21:37 slef now I'm really going to eat this apple crumble!
21:37 wizzyrea yes, do that :)
21:37 vali i have upgraded to 3.4 from 3.2.7
21:37 vali can i roll back?
21:37 slef and S says she doesn't mind me IRCing while watching the tour of cali
21:37 vali or upgrade to 3.2.9?
21:37 wizzyrea hehe
21:37 slef vali: only if you backed up the db I think
21:38 slef biab
21:39 vali ok
21:39 wizzyrea i am almost sure that I did something like pull when I was on the wrong branch or somesuch
21:39 wizzyrea but how to recover... is the question.
21:39 wizzyrea hmm
21:40 * wizzyrea gives up for now
21:40 vali if i have not backed up... can i roll back to default database?
21:40 wizzyrea sadly it doesn't work that way yet.
21:41 vali <wizzyrea> sadly it doesn't work that way yet.
21:41 vali so i have to uninstall all the stuff and have to install the whole system again?
21:43 wizzyrea i'm sorry vali, I don't feel competent to help with this right now, and unfortunately there aren't a lot of others about at the moment. You might try back tomorrow or the next day.
21:43 wizzyrea (just being honest, I wouldn't want to lead you astray)
21:45 slef vali: did your database contain nothing you want to keep?
21:45 mtj left #koha
21:45 vali yes
21:46 vali ok wizzy thanks
21:46 slef vali: yes nothing or yes you want to keep (sorry my bad question)
21:46 vali no i dont want to keep anything
21:47 vali i just want to roll back
21:47 vali coz 3.4 has bugs
21:47 slef vali: you can drop database + recreate it and koha should return to webinstaller
21:47 wizzyrea or create a new db and point your config file to the new db (I've done that)
21:47 vali but it will remain 3.4
21:47 slef just replace the 3.4 code with the 3.2 one I think
21:47 vali i want to go back to 3.2
21:48 slef cd to the 3.2 code you unpacked
21:48 slef and make install that again
21:48 vali ok then
21:48 slef create a new db like wizzyrea said is good too
21:49 vali ok
21:49 slef less destructive than me
21:49 vali i will do
21:49 slef :)
21:49 vali hahha
21:49 * wizzyrea might be a little insane about not deleting stuff
21:49 wizzyrea witness my most recent patches >.<
21:49 slef wizzyrea: are you a level 4 hoarder?
21:49 wizzyrea lol no, thank god :)
21:49 wizzyrea well
21:49 vali onething more
21:49 wizzyrea maybe a level 4 *digital* hoarder :P
21:50 slef or are there dead bodies in your lounge?
21:50 vali how to assign patches?
21:50 vali apply*
21:50 wizzyrea version control using git?
21:50 wahanui i think version control using git is at[…]Control_Using_Git
21:50 wizzyrea sign off on patches?
21:50 wahanui i think sign off on patches is at[…]gn_off_on_patches
21:50 wizzyrea how to apply patches is probably in one of those links
21:50 wizzyrea more likely the 2nd
21:51 slef vali: patch -p0 < patchfile.patch # but using git is better
21:52 wizzyrea ok folks, I'm out
21:52 wizzyrea ttys :)
21:52 slef quitter :)
21:52 vali i have to install the dev mod for patches?
21:52 wizzyrea ty for the help and stuff :)
21:53 vali or standard
21:53 wizzyrea it's 5pm friday silly > time to go home!
21:53 slef vali: dev would be easier to apply them
21:53 slef wizzyrea: I *am* home :)
21:53 vali ok guys
21:53 vali happy weekend
21:53 vali bye
21:53 vali take care
21:54 slef it's 11pm. Why can these foreigners never tell the time?
21:54 * slef tuts
21:54 cait slef: no it's almost midnight ;)
21:55 slef cait: S says hi
21:55 cait say hi back to sarah plz :)
21:55 slef done
21:56 slef Internet Protocol over human intermediary
21:57 slef bbfn
21:57 cait bbfn?
21:57 vali left #koha
22:11 JesseM left #koha
22:11 indradg left #koha
22:19 druthb joined #koha
22:31 cait good night #koha
22:31 cait left #koha
22:35 rhcl left #koha
22:43 NateC left #koha
22:47 NateC joined #koha
22:57 NateC left #koha
23:16 jwag1 left #koha
23:46 Brooke joined #koha
23:47 Brooke kia ora
23:47 Brooke happy Birthday, Chris :)
23:50 Brooke left #koha
23:52 druthb @later tell Brooke thanx for the drive-by Brooke-ing....
23:52 huginn` druthb: The operation succeeded.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary