IRC log for #koha, 2011-03-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 Ahmuck joined #koha
00:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #84: SUCCESS in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/84/
00:09 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 3326: Staff results still displayed &
00:09 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 4366: Improve COinS support for MARC21
00:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3326 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, xml entity refs display incorrectly in results page if exported and indexed as xml
00:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4366 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, COinS support for MARC21
00:09 Ahmuck-Sr left #koha
00:47 sekjal joined #koha
01:16 rangi sekjal: dont forget to change the bug statuses too
01:17 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5857
01:17 huginn Bug 5857: enhancement, P5, ---, ruth, ASSIGNED, really needs a "quiet" mode.
01:17 rangi this wont show up in any of my reports as it has no patch status so ill miss it
01:23 sekjal thanks for the reminder, rangi.  will do!
01:25 sekjal k-c bugzilla doesn't accept incoming email, does it?
01:34 rangi yep it does
01:34 rangi i forget the address tho
01:37 sekjal
01:38 rangi naw was something different
01:38 rangi ill go look in a min
01:38 sekjal k
01:38 rangi bug-submit
01:39 sekjal be nice to add an git-hook to send patches and update statuses when do sign-offs
01:39 rangi yeah you cant send attachments
01:39 rangi at least you couldnt
01:44 sekjal ah, well
01:44 sekjal once I start doing more dev on the my desktop directly, I'll cut out some of the steps
01:52 kmkale joined #koha
01:52 kmkale Namaskar #koha
01:54 space_librarian namaskar kmkale
01:54 kmkale hi shelly
01:55 kmkale :)
01:55 space_librarian hey :)
01:55 space_librarian you have a big cricket match tomorrow.
01:56 kmkale yup.
01:57 kmkale work may come to a standstill
01:57 space_librarian with a game like that, I can believe it.
01:57 space_librarian I know I'll probably be up all night listening to it on the radio
01:57 kmkale and day after the entire nation is either in euphoria or depression
01:58 * space_librarian nods
01:58 space_librarian I really want to see India in the final.
01:58 kmkale India NZ final
01:58 space_librarian wouldn't that be grand?
01:59 kmkale :)
01:59 space_librarian All we have to do is field first, get the top order out for nothing, and chase down the total. simple.
01:59 kmkale hehe. same applies to India I think.
02:00 space_librarian Ah, with Pakistan, you can never be sure...
02:00 kmkale The old formula of bat first may be a disaster against Pak attackj
02:05 space_librarian yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Dhoni decides to do if he wins the toss...
02:10 kmkale gotta go
02:10 kmkale bbl
02:10 kmkale left #koha
02:32 rangi i freaking love the duplicate bug search when you are entering bugs in bugzilla
02:41 * druthb is trying to figure out how to set up a bot to do this about every twenty minutes:
02:41 druthb sekjal++
02:42 sekjal :)
02:45 eythian new Koha packages published
02:46 eythian huginn: later tell jcamins no it's not, we run mysql-server on a dedicated DB server, for instance.
02:46 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
02:48 rangi eythian: what was the question?
02:48 eythian rangi: whether koha-common should pull in mysql-server
02:49 rangi ah yeah
02:49 rangi no it shouldnt, koha itself should tho
02:50 rangi (i think it does from memory)
02:50 eythian yeah, as a recommends.
02:50 eythian well, if not, that's what it should do
02:56 druthb left #koha
03:04 rangi right
03:04 rangi[…]/biblibre_various
03:04 rangi last one to do
03:05 rangi theres only like 50 million commits on there
03:17 kmkale joined #koha
03:24 * chris_n digs out from under a sudden avalanche of patches in his inbox
03:24 rangi heh
03:25 rangi racing to get stuff all in signoff mode before april 1
03:25 chris_n I think I'll go out for more kitten food :)
03:31 kmkale left #koha
03:33 AmitG joined #koha
03:33 AmitG heya rangi
03:33 AmitG chris: Today NZ vs SL
03:33 brendan_ heya AmitG
03:33 AmitG heya brendan_
03:33 wahanui it has been said that brendan_ is a big fan of koha or the best boss evar!
03:41 rangi[…]ha-master-branch/
03:43 brendan_ rangi++
03:46 chris_n g'night #koha
03:46 rangi chris_n++
03:46 rangi g'night
03:47 kmkale joined #koha
03:55 brendan_ @define changesets
03:55 huginn brendan_: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
03:55 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
03:55 brendan_ @google define:changesets
03:55 huginn brendan_: No matches found.
03:55 brendan_ @google define: changesets
03:55 huginn brendan_: No matches found.
03:56 brendan_ "Since git does not store changes, but states, it really does not make sense to use the term "changesets" with git."
03:59 brendan_ @define: changesets
03:59 huginn brendan_: I've exhausted my database of quotes
04:00 rangi changesets are nonsensical in git, as it stores states not changes
04:00 rangi changesets?
04:00 wahanui changesets are nonsensical in git, as it stores states not changes
04:07 brendan_ :)
04:07 brendan_ changesets?
04:07 wahanui changesets are nonsensical in git, as it stores states not changes
04:08 rangi right bus time
04:08 rangi bbl
04:15 Irma left #koha
04:50 Cybermon joined #koha
04:51 yura joined #koha
04:51 yura left #koha
04:59 Cybermon hi rangi
05:00 Irma joined #koha
05:05 Steve_Tonnesen left #koha
05:13 Irma left #koha
05:16 Irma joined #koha
05:24 bg evening
05:27 Irma left #koha
05:28 Irma joined #koha
05:29 sekjal left #koha
05:36 kmkale left #koha
05:39 kmkale joined #koha
05:46 AmitG heya kmkale
05:49 Steve_Tonnesen joined #koha
05:57 kmkale left #koha
06:10 cait joined #koha
06:10 cait good morning #koha
06:11 bg heya cait
06:12 cait hi bg :)
06:12 bg :)
06:15 cait inbox full of koha mailing list messages
06:15 cait koha never sleeps :)
06:34 rangi i have a picture on my blog to illustrate that
06:35 cait yep, saw it :)
06:36 cait stolen_wallet++
06:36 cait hm, that was a mistake
06:36 cait stolen_wallet-- stolen_wallet--
06:36 rangi ahhh
06:36 rangi your wallet was stolen?
06:37 cait new_bank_card++
06:37 cait yes, about 2 weeks ago :(
06:37 cait it's no fun if you can only get money with your passport
06:39 cait going to apply for some things this morning where I have to show up in person
06:42 rangi ahhh
06:45 cait but to be more positive - rangi++ for statistics :)
06:49 cait we all know it - but now you can show it to people not believing it
06:51 rangi :)
06:58 cait rangi: I have some questions about patches and 3.4
06:58 cait do you have a minute?
06:59 cait what's better - include with XXX or not include at all?
06:59 cait and what is the exaxt deadline for submitting new things?
07:00 rangi[…]pril-coming-fast/
07:00 rangi theres the deadline
07:01 cait april 1st - your april first or my april 1st? :)
07:01 rangi mine
07:01 cait oh :(
07:01 cait ok
07:01 rangi i wont be too strict, but certainly not your april 2nd
07:02 cait that's ok
07:02 rangi and dont worry about
07:02 rangi only the matters
07:02 cait ok, so not include it?
07:02 rangi it doesnt matter, but if you do include its likely to conflict
07:03 rangi and i have to change it either way :)
07:03 cait ok
07:11 francharb joined #koha
07:12 francharb hello all
07:13 julian joined #koha
07:14 miguelxercode joined #koha
07:14 rangi hi francharb
07:14 cait hi francharb, julian and miguelxercode
07:15 julian hi cait, hi everybody
07:18 hdl joined #koha
07:25 hdl hi
07:25 wahanui hi, hdl
07:26 cait hi hdl
07:28 paul_p joined #koha
07:29 Guillaume joined #koha
07:36 sophie_m joined #koha
07:46 cait bonjour paul_p
07:49 francharb left #koha
07:52 magnuse joined #koha
07:54 francharb joined #koha
07:58 kmkale joined #koha
08:16 cait left #koha
08:19 paul_p gutten morgen cait
08:27 magnuse hiya paul_p - you just missed cait, i'm afraid
08:28 magnuse when i translate/modify for norwegian a file like installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/class_sources.sql - should i put my own copyright on it?
08:31 rangi yes
08:31 magnuse thanks
08:32 magnuse how about message_transport_types.sql which i just copy from en to nb-NO?
08:32 rangi if you just copied it, then nope
08:32 rangi if you made changes yes
08:32 magnuse hm, it doesn't have a copyright/licence statement at all
08:33 magnuse yeah, guess that makes sense
08:33 rangi ahh fixing that would be good
08:33 rangi git log should tell you who first added it
08:33 miguelxercode left #koha
08:34 magnuse ll, 2008
08:35 magnuse should i avoid mixing that with my normarc commits, perhaps?
08:35 rangi yeah, i think there is standing bug for fixing copyrights
08:35 magnuse ah, cool
08:35 magnuse i'll look it up
08:35 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4330
08:35 huginn Bug 4330: normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Copyright statements out of date
08:36 magnuse thanks!
08:37 magnuse another thing i meant to ask you rangi - i'm making lots of small commits for the normarc stuff - will they all be squashed into one big commit when/if it's accepted into koha?
08:37 rangi thats up to you
08:38 rangi you can submit them as single patches
08:38 rangi or you can squash them into one
08:38 magnuse well i think it's either that or rewrite all the commit messages...
08:41 Cybermon left #koha
08:47 rangi paul_p: finished 5584
08:51 paul_p hi rnagi
08:51 paul_p what's next on your list ?
08:56 rangi only one left to go
08:56 rangi the various fixes one
08:57 rangi 5574, 5575, 5580, 5581, and 5584 are done
08:57 paul_p rangi, I've already splitted some of the various (& filed the bugs iirc)
08:59 rangi cool, if you make a toplevel bug and link them to that
08:59 * paul_p don't remember :(
08:59 rangi like with the other 5
08:59 rangi then we will be able to track them
09:01 paul_p rangi, i've sent the patches on the ML on january, 19th
09:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 5833, opacstylesheet not loading on all pages <[…]e90d5714eb02b9032> / Bug 4265: Fix padding of short callnumbers and Bib-1 attribute for sorting <[…]14f6728cdf9ebd0d4> / Bug 5900: GetAllIssues performance issues <
09:03 paul_p rangi, CAS proxy (no BZ number in the patch header, but I'm almost sure I wrote the bug), then BZ5631, 5635,
09:04 paul_p rangi, CAS proxy= 5630
09:04 paul_p rangi, as I suspected, they are in 5630 and following bugs.
09:06 paul_p OK, that's 5630->5640
09:06 paul_p and some are still missing, I didn't finished to split this branch
09:07 rangi right, ill do them tomorrow
09:07 paul_p great.
09:13 kmkale left #koha
09:15 jenkins_koha Starting build 85 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:48 kmkale joined #koha
09:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #85: SUCCESS in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/85/
09:54 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5900: GetAllIssues performance issues
09:54 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 4265: Fix padding of short callnumbers and Bib-1 attribute for sorting
09:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5900 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, GetAllIssues very slow
09:54 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5833, opacstylesheet not loading on all pages
09:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4265 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED, Sorting by call number in OPAC is slightly off
09:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5833 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, opacstylesheet not loading on all pages
09:54 jenkins_koha Starting build 86 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:55 magnuse huh, what's the difference between these userflags? 'parameters','Set Koha system parameters' vs 'management','Set library management parameters'
09:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5253: Add options to <[…]7f1542e88c74580a1>
10:19 tcohen joined #koha
10:21 tcohen hi #koha
10:26 magnuse buenos días, tcohen
10:33 druthb joined #koha
10:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #86: SUCCESS in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/86/
10:34 jenkins_koha Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5253: Add options to
10:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5253 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED, does not work with new options (-to, -from, -email, -format)
10:34 magnuse is now known as magnus_lunch
10:41 kmkale hi tcohen magnus_lunch druthb
10:41 druthb hi, kmkale!
10:41 tcohen buen día kmkale
10:42 tcohen anyone knows where is chris_c?
10:42 kmkale :)
10:42 tcohen i haven't seen him on irc for so long...
10:42 kmkale also known as rangi?
10:43 tcohen really?
10:43 tcohen you're kidding
10:44 kmkale nope
10:45 tcohen jajaja
10:46 tcohen hi rangi
10:48 kmkale must be quite late for rangi
11:21 magnus_lunch is now known as magnuse
11:21 magnuse @last seen rangi
11:21 huginn magnuse: (last [--{from,in,on,with,without,regexp} <value>] [--nolimit]) -- Returns the last message matching the given criteria. --from requires a nick from whom the message came; --in requires a channel the message was sent to; --on requires a network the message was sent on; --with requires some string that had to be in the message; --regexp requires a regular expression the message must match; --nolimit (1 more message)
11:21 magnuse @seen rangi
11:21 huginn magnuse: rangi was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 14 minutes, and 42 seconds ago: <rangi> right, ill do them tomorrow
11:26 magnuse kmkale: it's like half past midnight in nz now, i think
11:26 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
11:26 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -2.0�C (1:20 PM CEST on March 29, 2011). Conditions: Light Snow Showers. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -7.0�C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Rising).
11:26 nengard joined #koha
11:26 magnuse hm, i have seen lighter snow showers...
11:26 magnuse hiya nengard!
11:26 kmkale magnuse: yup
11:26 nengard morning
11:26 magnuse @wunder marseille
11:26 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 16.0�C (1:00 PM CEST on March 29, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
11:27 kmkale hi nengard
11:36 kmkale_ joined #koha
11:38 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
11:38 jcamins Good morning, #koha
11:39 kmkale_ hi jcamins
11:39 jwagner joined #koha
11:40 magnuse g'day jcamins and jwagner and everyone else
11:40 jwagner Hi magnuse and everyone
11:41 kmkale left #koha
11:41 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
11:52 larryb joined #koha
11:55 magnuse hiya larryb
11:57 larryb good morning
11:58 hdl hi all.
11:58 hdl Is there an eps/ai version of the koha logo ?
12:00 NateC joined #koha
12:04 magnuse hdl: i don't think i have seen one
12:06 hdl i think owen had one ... But he is not there.
12:08 sekjal joined #koha
12:13 oleonard joined #koha
12:15 oleonard Hi #koha
12:15 JesseM joined #koha
12:16 kf joined #koha
12:16 JesseM Gmorning #Koha
12:16 kf hi #koha :)
12:16 magnuse guten tag kf
12:16 kf hi magnuse :)
12:17 kf less than a week!
12:17 magnuse yup
12:18 paul_p left #koha
12:19 kf and paul_p runs away? ;)
12:46 * oleonard doesn't understand Bug 5977
12:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5977 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, NEW, opac advanced search Library always set to my library
12:47 oleonard The opac's advanced search doesn't default to my library for me.
12:48 oleonard If I turn on SearchMyLibraryFirst it does. Isn't that the correct behavior?
12:48 jcamins oleonard: unless you have the OPAC override enabled.
12:48 oleonard ?
12:48 jcamins I don't like their fix, because they break the OPAC override.
12:48 oleonard What is the OPAC override?
12:49 jcamins The variable you use to override which branch is being searched.
12:49 jcamins See bug 5852.
12:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5852 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Masthead search, with OpacAddMastheadLibraryPulldown on, does not honor SearchMyLibraryFirst
12:50 oleonard Still confused. What problem is Bug 5977 trying to fix?
12:53 jcamins Someone hardcoded the branch selection into GetBranchLoop.
12:53 hdl oleonard: do you have some jpg logo for koha ?
12:54 oleonard hdl: /misc/interface_customization
12:54 jcamins oleonard: I fixed that, though.
12:54 kf why does 'hardcoded' make me shiver?
12:55 jcamins I don't think these things should be hardcoded, and I certainly don't think that things should then be manually  unset!
13:11 kmkale left #koha
13:12 francharb left #koha
13:12 francharb joined #koha
13:14 francharb left #koha
13:16 francharb joined #koha
13:17 AmitG left #koha
13:18 oleonard Sorry for the Bugzilla email bomb, those of you who are subscribed. Just changing assigned status on a bunch of stuff.
13:19 kf yep
13:19 kf 126 new bugzilla mails :)
13:19 * oleonard 's OCD kicks in when he sees "NEW" in the list of "awaiting signoff" bugs
13:19 kf ocd?
13:19 oleonard kf: Not all of those were me :)
13:19 oleonard Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
13:20 oleonard although I don't use the term in the clinical sense ;)
13:20 jcamins What is $%?
13:21 sekjal a polite way to swear?
13:21 kf oleonard: sounds like a librarian thing
13:21 oleonard sekjal: That would be "What THE $%?"
13:21 hdl $%   The current page number of the currently selected output channel. Used with formats. (Mnemonic: % is page number in nroff.)
13:22 hdl perldoc perlvar
13:22 kf like when you see a book shelf with books that are out of order / lying flat and you have to get it right
13:23 jcamins hdl: thanks.
13:23 jcamins Definitely not what I wanted.
13:30 hdl jcamins: perlvar is very interesting
13:52 wizzyrea oh my gracious you weren't kidding about a bomb of patch mail
13:53 * wizzyrea looks around a bit hopelessly
13:53 wizzyrea time to filter the patch mail separately from the koha list mail I guess
13:53 wizzyrea :)
14:04 kf I have them all separate :)
14:04 * kf waves to wizzyra
14:04 * wizzyrea waves to kf, sends cookies
14:06 kf whohoo :) thx
14:11 oleonard rangi's latest graph makes it look like we were all hit by a bus:[…]2011/03/times.png
14:14 kf you are saying red was not a good color choice? ;)
14:15 wizzyrea 6pm nz time must coincide with meals around the world
14:16 kf could be :)
14:16 wizzyrea well it's midnight-ish in the US, early early in europe
14:17 magnuse the graph reminded me of the seismograph drums of nz[…]ums/mqz-drum.html
14:17 wizzyrea probably asia is the only region awake
14:17 oleonard We are a thundering herd of developers.
14:18 magnuse the weird thing is there was lots of activity around 18 in jan 04, but not for the last few years...
14:18 wizzyrea yea I was thinking that
14:18 nengard left #koha
14:24 Steve_Tonnesen_ joined #koha
14:25 * kf waves to Steve_Tonnesen
14:25 hdl hi Steve_Tonnesen
14:28 Steve_Tonnesen left #koha
14:33 magnuse is now known as magnus_outside
14:34 Steve_Tonnesen_ left #koha
14:40 wizzyrea aw we scared him away
14:47 rhcl For notices, there a a bunch of variables you can pull out of Koha to insert into the notice, but nothing for
14:47 rhcl date. Is there a variable like $date that could be used?
14:51 Johnindy joined #koha
14:52 oleonard Anyone else get an error when they click on an authority search result in the staff client?
14:56 kf rhcl: afaik no
14:56 kf rhcl: I remember there is a bug for inserting today's date in bugzilla somewhere
14:56 jcamins Okay, time for a webinar.
14:57 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
14:57 kf oleonard: thx for retesting bug  4812
14:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4812 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, ASSIGNED, Reserves for a specific copy of a book say book is available even though it it still checked out to someone else
14:58 kf oleonard++
15:21 rhcl huggin: bug 5197
15:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5197 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, today's date on notices
15:21 rhcl yep, there it is
15:24 hdl rhcl: iirc we have a patch for that....
15:24 rhcl hdl++
15:28 druthb kf++
15:36 rhcl Interesting what you can do with a malformed URL.
15:37 rhcl[…]%3E32003000241105
15:37 rhcl substitute your own bib number
15:37 wizzyrea that's an internal IP, we can't see that
15:37 rhcl well, no, you'll have to use yours
15:38 rhcl suspect it must display same behavior elsewhere
15:38 wizzyrea what's the behavior
15:39 oleonard it breaks the HTML all over the page
15:39 wizzyrea ah yep I see it now
15:39 wizzyrea it still makes you log in though ;)
15:39 rhcl yea
15:40 rhcl bug?
15:40 wahanui bug is updated at any rate
15:40 wizzyrea forget bug
15:40 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot bug
15:43 wizzyrea oleonard: what do you think, file a bug on that one?
15:44 oleonard For good measure I guess. No idea whether it's a risk for anyone.
15:44 wizzyrea i'd bet that there are lots of places where if you added a "> it would mess up the url
15:44 wizzyrea page
15:45 wizzyrea pretty much everywhere you are passing a bibnumber
15:45 wizzyrea if you add a "> it will mess up the javascript
15:46 rhcl so what's the problem with the URL? what changes the original link above....
15:46 nengard joined #koha
15:46 rhcl to the result:
15:46 rhcl ">
15:47 wizzyrea[…]%3E32003000241105
15:47 wizzyrea bleh
15:47 wizzyrea[…]%3E32003000241105
15:47 wizzyrea gah
15:47 wizzyrea it's the %22%
15:47 wizzyrea actually it's just a >
15:47 wizzyrea I think
15:47 druthb kf++  #...and declares her the Queen-for-a-day of jQuery.
15:47 oleonard rhcl: %22 and %3E are apparently the entities which translate to " and > in a URL
15:48 kf yay! :)
15:48 kf and I got cookies
15:48 oleonard Ooh, druthb, I wanna see!
15:48 * kf hides
15:48 druthb http://l1.load.bywatersolution[…]biblionumber=7539
15:49 druthb Changed the Online Resources line to make it larger, and modified the "More Searches" tool on the right.
15:49 oleonard Snazzy
15:49 druthb Indeed.
15:50 druthb This particular site....well, I'm getting close to happy with the CSS on it.
15:50 wizzyrea hehe
15:50 wizzyrea that's one of my tricks!
15:50 wizzyrea preeeeety
15:51 * wizzyrea lets kf have queen of the day title anyway, because she's awesome
15:51 * kf blushes
15:51 kf druthb: your catalog links don#t get the title
15:51 kf :(
15:51 wizzyrea kf, if you solve that one
15:52 druthb I know; startlingly, that seems to be what they want.  "just *go* there," they said.
15:52 oleonard druthb: You could try adding "display: block" to #action a#furthersearches to keep it from wrapping in an ugly way when the browser gets resized smaller
15:52 wizzyrea (querystrings for those searches) I will kiss you.
15:52 oleonard druthb: But I only tried it in Firefox, so test.
15:52 kf wizzyrea: we had nlm working - but seems they don't wnat it
15:52 druthb okay.  I'm also debating the minimum width of that block its' in...enlarging that might also do it.
15:52 collum joined #koha
15:53 kf not sure that's what you meant?
15:53 wizzyrea yep that's what I meant
15:53 julian left #koha
15:54 kf{TITLE} seemed to be right
15:54 druthb yah, but the search it's doing on the far end was just a keyword.  Throw it "virology" and you got all sorts of chaos.  We'll see what they decide.
15:55 druthb "No, honey, please move the sofa two inches to the *left*..."
15:55 * wizzyrea giggles
15:55 * wizzyrea cries
15:55 * kf giggles too
15:55 kf oh
15:55 * kf hugs wizzyrea
15:55 wizzyrea because it's funny
15:55 kf oh
15:55 wizzyrea and it's all too common ;)
15:55 kf yep
15:55 druthb It *is*.
15:55 oleonard Can someone help me understand this?
15:55 oleonard delete $$budget_hash{$_} foreach grep {/filter|^op$|show/} keys %$budget_hash;
15:55 kf oh, you did all that for us... but we don't want it any longer
15:56 oleonard $budget_hash = $input->Vars
15:56 kf oleonard: ???
15:56 kf that looks scary
15:56 * druthb runs away to a conference call.
15:56 * kf runs away home
15:56 kf bbl :)
15:56 kf left #koha
15:56 oleonard I'm looking at line 79 of
15:57 sekjal oleonard:  best guess:  removes any filter, op or show variables passed
15:57 paul_p joined #koha
15:57 oleonard sekjal: I guess that explains why $input->param('filter_budgetbranch') is empty after that
15:58 sekjal were "op" is an exact match, but 'filter' and 'show' could have prefixed/suffiexed variables
15:58 sekjal yes
15:58 sekjal that param would be filtered out
15:58 oleonard I wonder why...
15:58 sekjal why?  here is no why!
16:09 wizzyrea that's a relief... patch mail separated from the lists. That will be a lot easier to deal with.
16:26 cait joined #koha
16:28 jwagner left #koha
16:34 sophie_m left #koha
16:34 jwagner joined #koha
16:35 larryb is now known as larryb_away
16:45 druthb is now known as druthb_away
16:47 paul_p left #koha
16:47 Guillaume left #koha
16:53 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:57 sekjal is now known as sekjal_lunch
17:00 Guillaume joined #koha
17:04 druthb_away is now known as druthb
17:09 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:11 oleonard nengard I have a question about Bug 5828
17:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5828 major, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, notes for purchase suggestions not showing in the staff client
17:12 nengard k
17:12 oleonard I find that the note doesn't appear in the list view, but it does appear if you click on a suggestion
17:12 nengard right
17:12 nengard you think that's enough?
17:13 oleonard I do, given that it would be difficult to display the notes along with all that other information in the list view
17:14 oleonard I'm open to arguments, but mostly I wanted to confirm that we were talking about the same thing
17:16 hdl bbl
17:16 druthb larryb++
17:24 hdl left #koha
17:34 Guillaume left #koha
17:37 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
17:37 jcamins nengard++
17:37 nengard ??
17:37 nengard what did i do?
17:38 jcamins You manage to do really long webinars with regularity.
17:38 jcamins You deserve karma for that.
17:38 nengard oh :) hehe
17:38 nengard oleonard - sorry i got distracted - all the info is on the list view except the note, so most people don't ever click on the suggestions
17:38 nengard that's why i suggested showing the note on the list
17:38 nengard ease of use
17:41 druthb wizzyrea++
17:43 magnus_outside is now known as magnuse
17:45 larryb_away left #koha
17:58 magnuse hm, when i rebase my normarc stuff i get lots of warnings related to whitespace - what's the right thing to do about that?
17:59 cait whitespace at end of lines maybe
18:00 magnuse i'm seeing at least "trailing whitespace" and "space before tab in indent"
18:00 jcamins Does anyone here use Stage MARC Records?
18:01 oleonard We do
18:02 jcamins oleonard: what are your thoughts on bug 5859?
18:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5859 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Can't set character encoding with stage MARC records
18:02 jcamins Any reason I shouldn't just change the dropdown to list character encodings, since the data that's in there is disregarded?
18:03 cait if it's labelled wrong now it makes perfect sense
18:03 oleonard That makes sense to me, too
18:03 jcamins Good.
18:05 larryb joined #koha
18:05 * jcamins waves to larryb
18:05 sekjal_lunch is now known as sekjal
18:11 collum left #koha
18:37 oleonard Looks like we're on track to hit bug 6000 before 3.4
18:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6000 was not found.
18:38 * jcamins resists the urge to decrement C4::Search's karma again.
18:40 cait oleonard: good or bad thing?
18:40 oleonard decrementing C4::Search's karma++
18:40 jcamins C4::Search--
18:40 oleonard cait: It's neutral. It's the change in open bugs that we should worry about if we want to worry about something
18:41 cait good point
18:41 oleonard To me I see new bug reports as a good thing because we're seeing something to fix
18:41 jcamins Speaking of open bugs, someone who is currently working on documentation in the suburbs of Philly has some bugs to close.
18:42 * jcamins was told not to close bugs that he fixed.
18:43 oleonard jcamins: You're so cagey.
18:43 cait patch pushed bugs are ok, waiting sign-off and open are worse
18:48 rangi the thing to not lose focus on, we haven't had a blocker in ages
18:48 oleonard I noticed that too rangi
18:48 rangi and we have pushed almost 700 patches
18:48 rangi for 3.4
18:48 rangi thats a win anyway u slice it
18:49 cait :)
18:49 cait morning rangi
18:49 rangi and we started with a huge backlog of things requiring signoff
18:50 rangi which we are slowly wiping out
18:50 rangi im amazed that there now is not a single day that there is not a new on signed off
18:51 bg :)
18:51 magnuse koha-community++ # ;-)
18:52 rangi so pat yourselves on the back and keep up the good work :)
18:54 cait speaking of sign-offs... me knows a person in the big apple who wanted to look at the serials/analytics thing... ;)
18:55 oleonard sekjal: What do you think, should we keep Bug 4945 open for the IndependantBranches issue or close it and create a new bug?
18:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4945 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Patron search is limited by default to the currently logged-in library
18:55 jcamins cait: I haven't forgotten.
18:55 cait don't take me too serious :)
18:55 jcamins I'll be sending the signed off version before Friday. :)
18:56 sekjal oleonard: I'd say leave it open until IndepBranch can be reconciled with it
18:56 rangi ill even let you have friday your time
18:56 cait but for signing-off things it's not april 1st necessarily, right?
18:56 rangi id make another bug, and make it block that
18:56 rangi nope
18:56 rangi but it helps
18:57 wizzyrea 4945 needs to have a pref like searchmybranchfirst
18:57 rangi sekjal/oleonard: the blocks/depends are very useful
18:57 cait my list is already too long :(
18:57 rangi can split bug into logical parts
18:58 * rangi hates monolithic bugs
18:58 rangi with a passion
18:59 oleonard *cough* Bug 3652 *cough*
18:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3652 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, XSS vulnerabilities
18:59 jcamins Oh, the branchloop variable.
19:00 jcamins branchloop--
19:02 rangi yeah
19:02 tcohen left #koha
19:03 cait jcamins: waht about being a bit more positive? :)
19:04 jcamins cookies++
19:04 magnuse yay!
19:04 cait that's the spirit
19:07 * oleonard is disappointed the jqueryUI switch couldn't be done in time for 3.4
19:07 cait oh
19:08 cait do we have to switch completely?
19:09 oleonard I'd rather we do so that we're not adding the jqueryUI dependencies on top of YUI
19:09 francharb left #koha
19:10 cait ok
19:11 oleonard What we lack is a good menu replacement
19:13 rangi my stop bbiab
19:16 druthb hm.  I think this partner library is trying to get my goat.  Either that, or they're locating every bug ever reported or touched by jcamins, and testing.  Bug 5305 is their latest.  :/
19:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5305 normal, P5, ---, paul.poulain, NEW, Resorting results of CCL queries fails in Staff Client
19:18 jcamins Ooh, that's a toughy.
19:19 druthb I would offer cookies for a fix, but your cookies are better than mine anyway.
19:19 * jcamins wants that one fixed, too.
19:20 * jcamins wants all of them fixed.
19:20 hdl joined #koha
19:20 rangi back
19:21 hdl back
19:23 cait jcamins: we have that in common :)
19:28 oleonard rangi: I just checked out a new branch based on origin/new/enh/bug_5917, but nothing is working
19:28 oleonard Template process failed: file error - /koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog​/en/modules/ not found
19:29 rangi it wont
19:29 rangi to test it
19:30 rangi mv koha-tmpl koha-tmpl.old
19:30 rangi mv koha-tt koha-tmpl
19:30 rangi then try again
19:31 rangi i will of course do that when i merge, but keep them separate allows me to track changes to templates and make sure they happen on the tt ones too
19:31 rangi jcamins: what was the bug for searching on () and ?
19:31 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1807
19:31 huginn Bug 1807: blocker, P3, ---, chris, ASSIGNED, ':' character blocks search ; search () give odd results
19:31 rangi if you could find them all and link them together, that would be handy
19:32 hdl rangi: how to launch the script to translate HTML::Template to Template::Toolkit ?
19:32 rangi in the new/enh/bug_5917 branch
19:32 rangi run
19:33 rangi ./installer/ --koharoot /path/to/your/repo
19:33 rangi eg
19:33 hdl Is it possible to translate only a file ?
19:33 rangi ./installer/ --koharoot /home/chrisc/git/koha/
19:34 rangi nope
19:34 rangi actually i lie there is
19:34 rangi take a look at the pod for it
19:35 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "translating templates" (13 lines) at
19:36 rangi first time you run it, you want to run -c as well, to copy the images
19:36 rangi but from then on, you dont need to
19:37 hdl it also copies javascripts i believ.
19:37 hdl e
19:37 rangi yes
19:38 rangi translates it too
19:39 rangi chris.hall++
19:39 rangi[…]bfeb681f250fdac0d
19:40 rangi if i couldnt easily do this, i wuld have had to string freeze last month
19:42 cait rangi: so translation is working now too?
19:42 rangi id love someone to test but i hope so
19:43 magnuse did i hear someone say that all translations have to be done over from scratch after the switch to TT, or is that just something from a bad dream?
19:44 rangi someone did say that, i think they are wrong
19:44 rangi its just a po file
19:44 rangi context doesnt actually matter
19:44 rangi just hte string content
19:44 cait magnuse: really sounds like a bad dream!
19:44 * magnuse crosses his fingers
19:44 rangi so it doesnt actually care what the final result is
19:45 rangi hmmm
19:45 magnuse yeah, that's how i would think it would work, btut i have no experience to back that up with
19:45 rangi well its how it worked when i was testing it
19:45 rangi so hopefully it still does
19:47 rangi ahh i havent merged the translation stuff across 2 secs kf
19:47 jwagner left #koha
19:49 oleonard rangi: Instead of posting comments on Bug 5917 should I be filing individual bugs and linking them?
19:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5917 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Switch Koha to use Template::Toolkit
19:49 rangi yep, but perhaps more useful is the wiki page
19:49 rangi[…]nd_found_problems
19:50 rangi if you have to pick one, pick the wiki, if you can do both, (ie you plan to fix some too which would be awesome) bugs would be great
19:50 rangi that make sense?
19:51 oleonard I think so
19:54 jransom joined #koha
19:54 wizzyrea hi jo :)
19:54 magnuse kia ora jransom
19:55 jransom good morning
19:56 hdl so if we want to allow ppl to test Template::Toolkit and the translations we have to do the move and to link them to that page.
19:56 hdl thanks
19:58 rangi yep thats it
19:58 rangi ill be merging to master soonish
19:59 rangi and breaking it, but i will give people warning
19:59 rangi the more we get fixed before then, the less broken obviously :)
20:03 druthb jcamins++
20:03 cait @karma jcamins
20:03 huginn cait: Karma for "jcamins" has been increased 63 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 62.
20:06 rangi cait: i have just pushed the translation work up into 4917
20:06 rangi 5917 too
20:06 cait bug 5917
20:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5917 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Switch Koha to use Template::Toolkit
20:06 cait ok
20:06 cait I will try to test
20:07 cait but have to work on some other thigns work
20:07 cait things first
20:07 cait working on 5860 right now
20:07 cait bug 5860
20:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5860 critical, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Adding duplicate stocknumber will fail silently
20:09 rangi good news is i just ran translate update
20:09 rangi nad its updating the .po files from the .tt ones
20:10 cait nad=
20:10 cait ?
20:10 rangi and
20:10 cait ah
20:10 cait that's goo dnews :)
20:10 oleonard left #koha
20:11 rangi yeah looks like it should work a ok
20:11 rangi chris.hall++
20:11 magnuse woohoo!!!
20:13 cait whohoo
20:13 cait can someone look at 5860 and advise?
20:13 cait I want to make items.stocknumber not unique
20:13 magnuse g'night #koha
20:13 cait I see in kohastructure:
20:13 cait -  UNIQUE KEY `itemstocknumberidx` (`stocknumber`),
20:14 magnuse left #koha
20:14 cait can I just delete this?
20:16 rangi youd have to do the updatedatabase too
20:17 rangi but why do you want it non unique?
20:17 cait see discussion on the bug :)
20:17 cait I think we have to fix it one way or the other - at the moment you save and the data is lost
20:18 cait i got it that paul_p prefers it to be nto unique
20:18 cait and I can see that it would make sense in some cases
20:18 rangi i dont
20:18 cait I think a warning would be nice, but one that could be overriden
20:19 rangi do you ever look anything up by stocknumber?
20:19 cait they do yes
20:19 rangi or is it just for display?
20:19 cait it's in the books
20:19 cait older than barcodes
20:19 rangi yes, but does koha use it anywhere
20:19 cait everything you acquire gets linked to a stocknumber
20:19 cait sorry, can you explain?
20:20 rangi yes, but what im asking is does koha use it, not do librarians use it, ie is there code in koha that looks up things by stocknumber or something?
20:20 druthb jcamins++
20:20 rangi because as soon as remove the unique constraint, you will slow that query down
20:20 cait not that I know of
20:20 cait it's not even mapped fo rmarc21
20:21 cait there is a plugin for unimarc and a mapping
20:21 * rangi doesnt really care about marc
20:21 rangi because that doesnt touch the db
20:21 rangi thats zebras problem
20:21 rangi i just dont want to accidentally slow down serials
20:22 rangi because we have now made a query slow (or circulation, or acquisitions) etc
20:22 rangi if its not used in any important query, then non unique would be fine for me
20:22 miguelxercode joined #koha
20:24 cait important query means query with a where stocknumber =?
20:25 rangi yeah
20:25 rangi in anywhere other than reports basically
20:25 cait there is a plugin available for that field
20:25 rangi or a join by stocknumber
20:25 cait for catalogig to suggest the next number
20:26 rangi right that will be slightly slower, so make sure if you remove the unique
20:26 rangi you replace it with an index (slower but not as slow as koha having to do an exhaustive search to find the max each time)
20:26 cait ah
20:26 cait ok
20:26 cait so kill the unique part but leave the index?
20:26 cait I have never worked with indexes in the database before
20:26 rangi yep
20:27 rangi take a look at items
20:27 rangi show create table items;
20:27 rangi see the KEY ones there
20:27 rangi just like that
20:27 cait hm that does not work for me
20:27 cait describe items?
20:28 rangi show create table items;  doesnt work for you?
20:28 rangi what version of mysql
20:28 rangi ?
20:29 cait 5.1
20:30 cait I am using mysql query browser
20:30 cait perhaps on commandline?
20:31 rangi yeah
20:31 rangi works for me from the commandline
20:31 cait hm
20:31 rangi and is very useful :) for testing updatedatabase things worked
20:31 cait it killed my terminal
20:32 cait ah,now it's back
20:32 cait PRIMARY KEY (`itemnumber`),
20:32 cait UNIQUE KEY `itembarcodeidx` (`barcode`),
20:32 cait UNIQUE KEY `itemstocknumberidx` (`stocknumber`),
20:32 cait KEY `itembinoidx` (`biblioitemnumber`),
20:32 cait KEY `itembibnoidx` (`biblionumber`),
20:32 cait KEY `homebranch` (`homebranch`),
20:32 cait KEY `holdingbranch` (`holdingbranch`),
20:32 rangi yeah just like any of those key ones
20:33 cait ok
20:33 cait so kill the unique, keep the rest
20:33 cait I will work on that
20:34 rangi cool
20:34 cait funnily in delitems it's not unique
20:34 cait deleteditems
20:35 cait thx rangi :)
20:35 rangi np
20:41 hdl hi miguelxercode
20:45 cait rangi: looks like it worked :)
20:45 rangi cool
20:46 hdl have a good night cait and rangi
20:46 cait good night hdl :)
20:46 rangi cya hdl
20:46 rangi sleep well
20:54 hdl left #koha
21:07 Johnindy_ joined #koha
21:12 JesseM left #koha
21:15 Johnindy left #koha
21:26 cait changing marc frameworks is ...
21:26 cait tiring
21:38 jcamins rangi: are you going to push bug 5997?
21:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5997 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Use marcflavour to set default when staging import
21:38 rangi probably
21:38 rangi but not right now
21:38 rangi i have to test it first
21:38 rangi it has been signed off though
21:38 jcamins 'Cause, it's kind of pointless.
21:39 jcamins Koha ignores what's selected in that box.
21:39 Johnindy joined #koha
21:39 rangi feel free to update the bug
21:39 jcamins For good reason. That's supposed to be character encoding.
21:39 jcamins That's what I'm doing.
21:39 rangi cool
21:45 druthb left #koha
21:46 Johnindy_ left #koha
21:48 larryb left #koha
21:55 cait ok, now to add another search index :)
22:00 jcamins cait: on what?
22:00 cait 952$i
22:00 jcamins Ah.
22:01 cait ah? :)
22:01 jcamins I was acknowledging my understanding. ;)
22:06 cait ok
22:06 cait I am not sure about the number
22:07 cait needed for z39.50
22:08 jransom left #koha
22:18 cait @marc 037
22:18 huginn cait: Information needed to order the item or its reproduction. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,f,g,n,6,8]
22:19 cait hm
22:20 cait jcamins?
22:20 wahanui i guess jcamins is supposed to be an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution, but short of a set of three sysprefs (ShelfBrowserUsesLocation, ShelfBrowserUsesCcode, and ShelfBrowserUsesHomeBranch), I don't really have any ideas.
22:21 cait hehe
22:35 nengard left #koha
22:36 nengard joined #koha
22:36 nengard left #koha
22:37 sekjal is now known as sekjal_away
22:42 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
22:43 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:43 rhcl_away left #koha
23:00 rangi and thats 6000
23:00 rangi bug 6000
23:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6000 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Performance enhancements for C4::Context and C4::Languages
23:06 cait left #koha
23:36 NateC left #koha
23:42 mtj nice Koha skin by bywater++
23:42 mtj http://l1.load.bywatersolution[…]
23:42 mtj .
23:42 mtj[…]he_linux_headers/
23:43 mtj interesting too...
23:45 jenkins_koha Starting build 87 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3629 : search limit by group is not OK <[…]8c8b61ac01a5a5db6>

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary