IRC log for #koha, 2011-03-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 rangi heya druthb
00:06 NateC joined #koha
00:06 rangi heya NateC
00:06 rangi cant stay away?
00:06 rangi :)
00:06 druthb :D
00:36 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #50: SUCCESS in 38 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/50/
00:36 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5816: XSLT doesn't display enhanced contents
00:36 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 5485: Add script to run Test::Perl::Critic
00:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5816 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, table of contents looking for subfield a
00:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5485 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Add a framework for static source code analysis
01:05 druthb ever used cron's @reboot shortcut?  Could use that to restart SIP, if it works, for specific users.
01:06 rangi hmm nope
01:07 druthb Some time in the wee hours, I'm tempted to test it.
01:07 rangi be nice to fix the init.d script tho, and get that into git, then it could go into the packages also
01:07 druthb yes, it would.
01:07 rangi eythian would be the man to look, but he is off training people in the solomons
01:09 druthb I'm stonkered on this init.d script at the moment.  Some time way way late, I'll test using @reboot.
01:09 rangi worth a crack nigel
01:09 * rangi suspects no one who didnt live in nz in the 80s
01:09 rangi will get that
01:09 rangi reference
01:10 mtj druthb: or just bounce it on yr test vm :)
01:10 druthb yep.  I don't have SIP a-runnin, there, but I could, easily enough.  Great idea!
01:12 mtj druthb: so, use cron's @reboot , rather than the default debian rc-* init scripts ?
01:14 druthb yep.
01:15 druthb I've got a sip-restart script that I can't quite seem to get if the non-root account that runs koha can do it with @reboot...
01:37 jenkins_koha Starting build 51 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:38 mib_wgawc4 joined #koha
01:38 rangi hi mib_wgawc4
01:38 mib_wgawc4 rangi! (rhcl from the conference hotel)
01:38 mib_wgawc4 is now known as rhcl1
01:39 druthb left #koha
01:39 rangi ahh what conference?
01:40 rhcl1[…]/2011-03-18T09:15
01:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5880 : C4/ : adding two functions GetAutorisedValueByCode and GetKohaImage... <[…]aaa92455a87c99395> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5869' into kcmaster <[…]324301df3990753d6> / Bug 5861: items.stocknumber not saved correctly <http://git.koha
01:42 rangi hmm slow to load
01:43 rhcl1 the morenet page? yea. this is the big morenet conference--lots of people are probably hitting the site
01:44 rangi ohhh sweet :)
01:44 rangi i remember you saying you were presenting a while back
01:45 rangi 9.15 thats a good slow
01:45 rangi slot even
01:46 rhcl1 yep
01:49 rhcl1 pretty good show of vendors too--HP, Cisco, vmware, polycom, epson
01:49 rangi nice
01:52 rangi wahanui: 2000 / 60 / 60
01:52 wahanui 0.555555555555556
01:53 rhcl1 wahanui can do wolfram-alpha?
01:53 wahanui rhcl1: bugger all, i dunno
01:54 rangi nope just math
01:54 rangi wahanui: 10 + 12 * 30 / 6
01:54 wahanui 70
01:55 rhcl1 wahanui: tan30
01:55 wahanui rhcl1: i'm not following you...
01:55 rhcl1 wahanui: sin 30
01:55 wahanui rhcl1: huh?
01:55 rangi not sure he can do much more than basic arithmetic
02:08 NateC left #koha
02:10 brendan_ joined #koha
02:10 rangi heya brendan_
02:10 brendan_ heya rangi
02:11 brendan_ @wunder 93109
02:11 huginn brendan_: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 17.2�C (7:19 PM PDT on March 16, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 29.96 in 1014.4 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect until 3 am PDT Thursday...
02:13 bob_ left #koha
02:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #51: SUCCESS in 37 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/51/
02:14 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5869 : Adding a reserve report
02:14 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5869 - Follow up patch, fixing copyring and s/reserves/holds/
02:14 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Follow Up Bug 5869 Fix String Errors
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5869 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, New report wizard for holds
02:14 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Follow Up Bug 5869 Update Report Page Title
02:14 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 5861: items.stocknumber not saved correctly
02:14 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5880 : C4/ : adding two functions GetAutorisedValueByCode and GetKohaImageurlFromAuthorisedValues
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5861 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED, items.stocknumber not saved correctly
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5880 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, C4/ : adding two functions GetAutorisedValueByCode and GetKohaImageurlFromAuthorisedValues
02:16 rangi @wunder wellington nz
02:16 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 20.0�C (3:00 PM NZDT on March 17, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 17.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
02:19 Ahmuck_ joined #koha
02:20 rangi lol
02:20 rangi
02:22 mtj oooh, i like the theme/skin
02:25 rhcl1 yea, yea, not bad
02:38 rhcl1 sleepy time -- I'm out...
02:38 rhcl1 left #koha
03:13 kmkale joined #koha
03:14 kmkale Namaskar #koha
03:15 kmkale The librarypolice link above leads straight to a drupal install.php. Shouldn't that be blocked off or something?
03:16 rangi in the topic?
03:17 rangi ahh the bots one
03:17 rangi yeah probably :)
03:17 rangi gmcharlt: ping
03:17 kmkale Topic for #koha was set by huginn! on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:09:54 PM
03:17 kmkale :) good morning rangi
03:17 rangi @later tell gmcharlt you might want to check out
03:17 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
03:21 AmitG joined #koha
03:25 AmitG left #koha
03:29 AmitG joined #koha
03:29 AmitG heya chris
03:29 rangi hiya AmitG
04:20 * rangi heads for home
05:08 druthb joined #koha
05:08 druthb @seen cait
05:08 huginn druthb: cait was last seen in #koha 8 hours, 38 minutes, and 11 seconds ago: <cait> night magnus
05:10 druthb 'tis the witching hour, US time.  Greetings, #koha.
05:14 kmkale hi druthb
05:22 druthb hi, kmkale!  :)
05:25 * kmkale is creating a accommodation form
05:25 druthb kmkale++
05:30 AmitG @seen rangi
05:30 huginn AmitG: rangi was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 9 minutes, and 23 seconds ago: * rangi heads for home
05:30 AmitG @seen AmitG
05:30 huginn AmitG: AmitG was last seen in #koha 15 seconds ago: <AmitG> @seen rangi
05:30 AmitG hi kmkale
05:31 kmkale hi AmitG
05:31 druthb @quote random
05:31 huginn druthb: Quote #25: "<wizzyrea> ha, in #koha we don't pick each other's brains... we git pull them." (added by gmcharlt at 07:40 PM, August 14, 2009)
05:31 druthb lol
05:35 ronald left #koha
05:50 Ahmuck_ left #koha
06:05 druthb left #koha
06:24 bob_ joined #koha
06:33 druthb joined #koha
06:49 cait joined #koha
06:59 miguelxercode left #koha
07:06 miguelxercode joined #koha
07:32 kmkale left #koha
07:33 druthb1 joined #koha
07:34 rangi on the train druthb1 ?
07:36 druthb left #koha
07:37 druthb1 yep.  tethered to my phone.
07:37 druthb1 musta switched cells kinda awkwardly.
07:37 cait morning rangi :)
07:37 * cait runs out
07:37 cait left #koha
07:37 druthb1 brb.
07:39 AmitG heya druthb1
07:40 rangi yeah sometimes you get loss of coverage spots
07:42 paul_p joined #koha
07:54 paul_p hello #koha
07:55 rangi hi paul_p
07:55 paul_p hi rangi, just answered you question on #5646 !
07:55 rangi cool
07:55 hdl joined #koha
07:56 rangi coolk that makes sense
07:58 francharb joined #koha
07:58 francharb hi all
08:03 paul_p rangi: we have a training session at BibLibre on friday, about continuous integration, jenkins, seleniums tests,... i'll ask julian to workon unit test for 5880 once he knows how to do them ;-)
08:04 sophie_m joined #koha
08:05 rangi cool :)
08:05 julian joined #koha
08:05 rangi be sure to cover perl::critic
08:06 julian Hello!
08:06 rangi hi julian
08:06 mtj heya julian
08:09 paul_p julian, could you have a look at 5646, find the patch from sophie_m (she did it last week iirc), and, #5880 to write unit tests as rangi suggested just before you jumped in here?
08:10 paul_p julian, the patch about css that we spoke yesterday about is linked to 5588
08:11 paul_p (opac-detail subject/author links improvements)
08:11 julian paul_p: ok, i'll look at this
08:14 Oak joined #koha
08:15 Oak \o
08:17 magnuse joined #koha
08:19 * druthb1 returns.
08:19 druthb1 is now known as druthb
08:24 rangi you must be getting very sleepy druthb
08:25 Guillaume joined #koha
08:25 miguelxercode left #koha
08:26 druthb not really, no.  I snoozed for a while a bit ago.   The lady across the aisle from me is traveling alone with a 2-month-old baby, so I sat the baby for a while, so she could snooze.  That's very restful.
08:26 magnuse good samaritan, eh? ;-)
08:27 druthb I'm a greedy girl.  I've not had a baby to cuddle in a long time.  :)
08:29 magnuse sounds like a win-win then :-)
08:30 druthb yup.  Little Caroline thought I was just the right amount of fluffy for sleepin' on, apparently; she conked out for about an hour, after the bottle.
08:36 druthb left #koha
08:47 mtj heh, fluffy
08:57 indradg left #koha
09:04 hdl left #koha
09:08 chris_n` joined #koha
09:08 chris_n is now known as Guest1025
09:08 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
09:14 Guest1025 left #koha
09:23 kmkale joined #koha
09:32 hdl joined #koha
09:41 bg left #koha
09:42 jcamins_1way joined #koha
09:42 rangi left #koha
09:43 jcamins_away left #koha
09:44 chilts_ joined #koha
09:45 rangi joined #koha
09:45 chilts left #koha
09:46 gmcharlt left #koha
09:48 gmcharlt joined #koha
09:56 kmkale gmcharlt: got a min?
09:57 Oak left #koha
10:00 magnuse kmkale: i would guess it's too early for gmcharlt
10:14 slef mtj: rangi emailed "I think the Nabble one points to the old [devel] list, before we had to move domains." Does it, and can we fix it?
10:16 mtj yes and yes
10:16 mtj i have yet to email the nabble guys to get us access
10:16 mtj but they do take mbox files, for importing...
10:17 mtj so my plan was to build a mbox file to point them to
10:19 mtj hmm, i always lose when looking for the mailing-lists page on
10:19 mtj ahhh,
10:20 slef mtj: where do you expect to find them?
10:20 mtj it could even be on the top menu, perhaps … 'Mailing Lists'
10:20 slef I don't think so. The top menu is already too wide.
10:21 mtj right here....
10:21 slef Even puts lists under Support these days.
10:21 mtj Home, About, Demo, Documentation, Download Koha, Get Involved, Support, Mailing-Lists, Newsletter
10:21 slef I think Support should be further left, though.
10:21 mtj … on the top-bar  ;)
10:21 mtj ok, thats fine
10:22 slef I think it should be Home, About, Demo, Download, Support, Get Involved, News - but I've never mentioned that before.
10:22 mtj perhaps just increase the font-size, so i dont parse over it easily
10:22 mtj (i often read straight over it)
10:22 slef 72pt?
10:23 slef ;-)
10:23 * slef demonstrates why he prefers to work with graphic designers
10:23 kmkale slef: mtj[…]ctor/submission/4
10:24 kmkale someone to review it?
10:24 mtj a silly Q, can i just log in, and edit that page?
10:24 mtj
10:25 slef mtj: I think you should be able to if wizzyrea or nengard has set you up.
10:25 slef kmkale: trying
10:25 mtj slef: ta
10:25 slef kmkale: that link always takes me to[…]ex.php/k/k11/user
10:26 slef kmkale: what should I be looking at
10:26 slef ?
10:26 kmkale slef: I need to assign you as a track director
10:26 mtj slef: so its possible to get nabble to import an mbox file for , say, koha-devel
10:27 kmkale for you to see it. should I?
10:27 mtj based on these files.. http://lists.koha-community.or[…]rmail/koha-devel/
10:28 slef mtj: cool. Can I leave it to you?
10:29 slef kmkale: not just now, if you already have track directors. If you need more, let me know.
10:30 kmkale I dont have any.
10:30 kmkale I have just made you one. Try and see if you have access to above link now?
10:30 kmkale mtj you are also regostered in the ocs?
10:31 mtj yep
10:31 kmkale mtj: username?
10:32 kmkale mason?
10:32 mtj yep
10:33 * kmkale has toooo many tabs open :(
10:34 kmkale mtj: added you as a track director. If you got a min please see if you can access[…]ctor/submission/4
10:36 conan joined #koha
10:36 conan hi everybody
10:40 mtj heya conan
10:42 kmkale slef: mtj can you access the submission content? If not I can tinker around a bit ( so for next submissions we know how to assign reviewer)
10:44 mtj ooooh, i *can* edit it
10:45 kmkale edit?
10:46 mtj kmkale:  yes, i can access that page
10:46 kmkale cool. wanna be the reviewer?
10:47 kmkale generally how do we go about this reviewing thing?
10:50 kmkale as atrack director now mtj and slef can assign a reviewer to this paper. But how do we decide who to assign? or do we let them pile up and take a decision during next volunteers meeting?
10:53 mtj kmkale: sorry - i have to go off-line...
10:54 slef kmkale: I'm still ending up at[…]ex.php/k/k11/user :-/
10:55 slef kmkale: I think pile up and call for reviewers
10:55 druthb joined #koha
10:55 kmkale slef: ok. I think so too.
10:56 kmkale cause we need subject matter experts. That is why I would like reviewers to be able to see the submissions and decide if they wanna review it.
10:57 kmkale slef: try the user home link in top navigation
10:57 kmkale slef: do you see any unassigned submissions there?
10:58 slef kmkale: nope
10:59 kmkale :(
11:01 pastebot0 is now known as pastebot
11:17 jwagner joined #koha
11:18 kmkale slef: I am just trying somethings. You might get a email about being assigned something. Please let me know if you get it. And after that if you can see the above submission?
11:23 druthb left #koha
11:41 francharb1 joined #koha
11:46 kf joined #koha
11:46 * magnuse reckons rangi has a good point about the INSTALL.* files being subject to quality control, as opposed to pages on the wiki. should we consider "banning" installation instructions from the wiki or mark them in some way that refers users to the INSTALL.* files as the preferred source of install info?
11:46 kf hi all
11:46 magnuse hiya kf!
11:46 francharb left #koha
11:49 slef kmkale: will do
11:49 slef magnuse: mark them
11:50 kmkale thanks slef
11:50 kmkale hiya magnuse
11:50 kmkale hi kf
11:50 kmkale[…]onf/accommodation
11:51 kmkale ^^
11:51 kf hi kmkale
11:53 JesseM joined #koha
12:02 kf hi JesseM
12:02 NateC joined #koha
12:02 magnuse slef: i made a suggestion here:[…]talk:Installation
12:04 NateC gmorning #koha
12:05 AmitG left #koha
12:06 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
12:23 bob_ left #koha
12:28 slef magnus_away: Sorry I butchered it but hope that helps.
12:35 tcohen joined #koha
12:35 tcohen hi #koha
12:36 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
12:38 magnuse slef: great, thanks!
12:46 magnuse slef: i tried adding a section on "Alternatives to manual installation":[…]talk:Installation whaddayathink?
12:55 rhcl1 joined #koha
12:58 druthb joined #koha
13:01 slef magnuse: it's good text, but should that be a subcategory?
13:02 slef I dislike mediawiki. Its categories seem more complicated than wiki ones. :-/
13:02 magnuse a subcategory for the pages that describe alternatives? that could be one way to do it, and it would save maintaining a list of relevant pages by hand...
13:03 magnuse hm, mediawiki categories seem really simple to me... ;-)
13:11 slef depends what you're comparing with... creating a subcategory seems more complicated than just adding CategoryInstallationAlternatives to the category page
13:11 slef or [Category:InstallationAlternatives] or whatever the mediawiki syntax is :)
13:15 magnuse the easiest is probably to just add the categories to the relevant pages: [[Category:Installation alternatives]], and then [[Category:Installation]] to the page for that new category, to make it a subcategory
13:21 magnuse done
13:25 jcamins_1way is now known as jcamins_away
13:30 kmkale left #koha
13:35 atz joined #koha
13:55 druthb1 joined #koha
13:55 rhcl1 irc.oftc.netart
13:55 rhcl1 left #koha
13:56 magnuse when a batch of records have been staged for import - is there any way to pick and choose which ones to import, or is it all or nothing?
13:57 druthb left #koha
14:00 kf I think you can perhaps apply another rule?
14:03 magnuse kf: matching rules?
14:04 tcohen hi devs, how can I know the commit # where a patch was created against?
14:05 kf magnsue: that was what I was thinking about - but not the same as picking one
14:06 magnuse some familiar names here: yay!
14:06 wizzyrea ^.^
14:06 tcohen i've lost my local working dir for a work i've been doing, and the patches I submited don't apply to current origin
14:06 magnuse kf: no, and i was really thinking of picking one from a batch
14:07 * druthb1 waves to wizzyrea.
14:07 * wizzyrea waves to druthb1
14:07 druthb1 is now known as druthb
14:13 * gmcharlt waves to everybody
14:14 * tcohen salutes galen
14:14 druthb hi, gmcharlt.  :)
14:19 magnuse libraryhackers in da house!
14:19 tcohen gmcharlt: is there a way to extract from a patch some sort of id/index so I
14:20 tcohen can checkout in git the exact point in git history i have to apply a patch?
14:20 gmcharlt tcohen: in the patch file, look for lines like this - index 6be0192..cb26ed1 100755
14:21 LBA Good morning Kohans!
14:22 tcohen gmcharlt: thanks, i have that zebraqueue patch that doesn't apply due to sysprefs sql's file recent changes
14:23 fcapo joined #koha
14:25 druthb left #koha
14:35 oleonard joined #koha
14:37 oleonard Nothing like a morning meeting to deproductivize.
14:37 wizzyrea you're telling me
14:38 oleonard Today's meeting gem: "You should call me if you have something urgent because I only check my email right before I leave."
14:38 wizzyrea !!
14:39 kf jcamins: around?
14:39 oleonard My suggestion that folks should probably check their email more than once a day was not well received.
14:39 wizzyrea ugh
14:39 kf jcamins_away: really away? ;)
14:40 kf bug 5192: I see the fields were only added to the english frameowrks - is this worth reopening?
14:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5192 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jwagner, RESOLVED FIXED, Add new index and search option for 658 curriculum field
14:44 jcamins_away kf: probably not.
14:44 jcamins_away Well, maybe.
14:45 jcamins_away Everything should probably match, so I revise my statement: yes, I guess it is.
14:45 jcamins_away Well, I tried to close bugs. ;)
14:45 eternalsw joined #koha
14:46 wizzyrea ooh
14:46 wizzyrea
14:46 wizzyrea we should apply
14:46 wizzyrea
14:49 hdl wizzyrea: i think so too
14:49 wizzyrea there are only 3 days to decide
14:49 wizzyrea >.<
14:50 kf jcamisn: ok ;)
14:50 kf jcamins_away even
14:50 * wizzyrea contemplates just filling out the form, and if we get picked decide to go ahead or not.
14:50 * oleonard is for it
14:51 wizzyrea if oleonard is on board then I think we should apply :P
14:55 eternalsw I would like to add a filter to queries to automatically add "barcode: " to the query if it matches /\d\d\d\d\d\d\d/ since our barcodes are 7 digits long.  My problem is without the filter, some books match to lccn which I don't want at all.  I can't seem to get rid of that.  I've made sure the 010 field is NULL on all of the books in mysql and rebuilt zebra.
14:56 eternalsw any ideas?
14:57 oleonard eternalsw: In your OPAC, staff client, or both?
14:57 eternalsw both
14:58 oleonard You could probably work up something in javascript
14:58 oleonard ...and add it to opacuserjs and intranetuserjs prefs.
14:58 wizzyrea you only look up books by barcode?
14:58 hdl wizzyrea: problem is that whatever they report, who would take the hat.
14:58 wizzyrea in the search
14:59 wizzyrea yep, they ask for a "mentor" type person on the dev team to be repsonsive to the student
14:59 hdl But i definitely think that we should apply.
14:59 * oleonard volunteers, assuming it's not hours per day
14:59 eternalsw wizzyrea: yes, if it matches 7 digits only
15:00 wizzyrea eternalsw: I mean, you *never* type in a title?
15:00 wizzyrea eternalsw: or an author?
15:00 wizzyrea eternalsw: or a subject?
15:00 eternalsw of course we do
15:00 oleonard wizzyrea: Presumably not authors consisting of 7 numbers.
15:00 eternalsw that's why the restriction
15:00 hdl oleonard: depending on what they report, it could be really time consuming.
15:01 oleonard hdl: True, but are we required to follow their suggestions, and by a certain date?
15:02 hdl I don't think so... But if we ask for recommandations, we should plan following them
15:02 eternalsw ok I think I can whip up some jquery to do it.
15:02 oleonard hdl: Certainly
15:04 oleonard What's not clear to me is whether the result of the project is recommendations or whether direct changes to Koha would be involved.
15:05 wizzyrea yea, I can't tell
15:06 wizzyrea I suppose it doesn't hurt to apply, and if we don't like the terms then we can just say ah no thanks that's worse than we thought
15:06 oleonard all of the 2008 final report links are 404s
15:06 oleonard I don't see anything more recent
15:06 wizzyrea well that's not very usable is it
15:07 oleonard yeah but there's a picture of a smiley computer, so there's that.
15:09 wizzyrea[…]reports-available
15:09 wizzyrea or is that what you were looking at
15:09 wizzyrea this is a blog of one of the participants:
15:10 wizzyrea which details what they went through
15:10 wizzyrea gallery was one of the participants
15:11 oleonard Boy they needed it, based on my experience a few years ago
15:11 wizzyrea mhm
15:13 Guillaume left #koha
15:16 wizzyrea meh idk, it doesn't seem like a very active thing, nearly 8 months between blog posts?
15:16 moodaepo wizzyrea: That's exactly what I was thinking.
15:18 atz_ joined #koha
15:18 wizzyrea i would love to find a college class or similar to pick over our usability though
15:19 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:20 oleonard left #koha
15:20 oleonard_ is now known as oleonard
15:25 atz left #koha
15:26 druthb joined #koha
15:29 * oleonard will have to nerd way up and think of something for the new Library Hackers blog
15:29 oleonard
15:30 * magnuse looks forward to reading it
15:30 * wizzyrea too
15:30 wizzyrea i appreciate that the posts are short, which means I don't have to write a frikkin novel for every post ^.^
15:31 * druthb may have longer ones later, maybe, but that tip last night was just too darn nifty.
15:31 * oleonard should update his own blog first
15:31 * magnuse would read a frikkin novel written by wizzyrea
15:32 * druthb concurs with magnuse.
15:32 wizzyrea oh my
15:32 gmcharlt if novels only would frick, we could dispense with publishers!
15:32 wizzyrea ^^
15:33 wizzyrea though I have to give gmcharlt props for the most poetic post -- he managed to include the phrase: "You’ve paid for your memory, make it sing for its electrons" which was both beautiful and apt
15:36 * magnuse goes off in search of fresh air
15:36 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
15:52 wizzyrea happy st. pats everybody. I'm headed to the land of rainbows, gold coins, corned beef, and maybe, if I'm lucky, beer.
15:53 brendan_ left #koha
16:03 jwagner jcamins, online?
16:04 * oleonard checks his watch
16:13 kf magnuse_away: pingpingping
16:20 julian left #koha
16:26 druthb1 joined #koha
16:28 francharb1 left #koha
16:29 druthb left #koha
16:45 druthb1 left #koha
16:49 bg joined #koha
17:01 hdl oleonard: around ?
17:01 oleonard Yes
17:01 hdl Have you ever used EVENTS messages for your patrons ?
17:01 oleonard No. I wasn't aware that they worked.
17:02 gmcharlt they don't, at least not without code from an external source to insert new EVENTS messages in the queue
17:03 hdl I tried to see what would raise them.
17:03 jwagner I thought nengard did a patch to remove that message altogether.
17:03 hdl But saw no code.
17:03 hdl and still it was in the sample messages.
17:03 hdl So just wondering
17:04 jwagner Bug 2434
17:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2434 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove unimplemented upcoming events message
17:10 hdl thanks
17:30 eternalsw I was able to get what I needed using some jquery.  thanks for the pointing me in the right direction oleonard
17:31 kf left #koha
17:31 eternalsw left #koha
17:35 sophie_m left #koha
17:36 LBA left #koha
17:41 brendan_ joined #koha
17:48 conan left #koha
18:05 oleonard rangi around?
18:14 rangi sup?
18:15 oleonard Bug 5449
18:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5449 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, brice.sanchez, ASSIGNED, JSON malformed in Koha - Blocker with jQuery 1.4.x
18:15 oleonard Do you know how that bug manifests?
18:16 rangi ah yes
18:17 rangi staged marc import is a good one to check
18:17 oleonard Does it just fail?
18:17 rangi but anything with the little progress bar
18:17 rangi you get a message about parse error
18:17 rangi (the script runs fine, but the progress bar doesnt)
18:18 oleonard You get a javascript error?
18:18 rangi yes
18:19 rangi i forget the exact message lemme find it
18:20 oleonard anyway, it seems to work with both jquery 1.4.4 (which I tested previously) and 1.5
18:20 rangi When I try to import or manage imported records I get this error "Failed to submit form:
18:20 rangi parsererror"
18:21 oleonard Okay, I definitely don't get that.
18:21 rangi cool
18:21 rangi looks like its safe then
18:21 rangi thanks
18:27 rhcl1 joined #koha
18:30 paul_p left #koha
18:33 hdl left #koha
18:34 druthb joined #koha
18:40 cait joined #koha
18:47 conan joined #koha
18:48 francharb joined #koha
18:48 francharb left #koha
18:50 rangi julian++ #unit tests ftw
18:51 cait julian++ in general :)
18:51 oleonard left #koha
18:52 JesseM left #koha
18:58 tcohen left #koha
19:10 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
19:13 rhcl1 left #koha
19:14 chilts_ is now known as chilts
19:20 druthb left #koha
19:35 jwagner left #koha
19:48 web4live joined #koha
19:48 web4live hello
19:48 wahanui what's up, web4live
19:48 web4live everyone
19:49 web4live am cool
19:49 web4live though it has been hot all day
19:49 cait web4live: warning, wahanui is a bot :)
19:49 cait he greets people sometimes
19:49 cait and we had a lto of rain today :(
19:50 web4live coz i ve been batlling with koha installation and finnaly finished after so many errors
19:51 web4live pls what is d difference btw staff client interface and OPAC interface
19:52 cait hm not sure I understand your question
19:52 rhcl1 joined #koha
19:52 NateC left #koha
19:54 magnuse web4live: staff client is for the staff in the library, OPAC is for patrons
19:56 web4live left #koha
20:07 jenkins_koha Starting build 52 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:07 LBA joined #koha
20:09 Ahmuck-Sr joined #koha
20:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Follow up for bug 5880: Improved unit test <[…]bd759516ea9d64517> / Follow up for bug 5880: Added unit tests for the two new subroutines <[…]ad3fe5d0708eca2dd>
20:13 Ahmuck left #koha
20:23 web4live joined #koha
20:24 web4live hello
20:24 wahanui hi, web4live
20:24 web4live connectn down
20:24 web4live am back
20:24 web4live as i was saying
20:25 web4live wot is d diff btw Staff client interface and OPAC
20:25 web4live ?
20:25 cait what is your questionß
20:25 web4live pls
20:25 cait the staff side is for libraians, doing checkouts and such
20:25 cait the opac is for patrons
20:25 web4live ok
20:26 web4live u mean d students dt borrow stuffs?
20:26 cait ?
20:27 web4live cait
20:27 web4live are u there
20:27 web4live ?
20:27 magnuse web4live: students would typically use the opac to search for stuff. a librarian logged in to the staff "client" would read the barcodes etc to lend the books to the students
20:28 web4live ok
20:28 cait yes, but I don't understand ;)
20:28 web4live tanx
20:29 web4live so patrons always uses OPAC
20:29 cait yes
20:29 space_librarian yep
20:29 web4live while library staffs uses Staff client interface
20:29 web4live right?
20:29 space_librarian yes
20:30 web4live ok
20:30 web4live presently am runing koha in vmware
20:30 web4live koha 3.02.00
20:31 conan left #koha
20:31 web4live but i want to change to real intranet
20:31 web4live pls what are those thing i need to changeuration settingse config in th
20:32 web4live i mean
20:32 web4live wot are those things i need to change in d configuartion settings
20:33 web4live :s
20:33 web4live anyone there?
20:34 magnuse web4live: what do you mean by "real intranet"?
20:35 web4live i want to be able to access koha from another machine
20:36 NateC joined #koha
20:36 magnuse ah, sorry i have very little experience with that...
20:37 NateC left #koha
20:38 web4live alrite
20:39 web4live maybe next time
20:39 web4live am out of here
20:39 web4live web4live from 9ja
20:39 web4live gud nite tou all
20:40 web4live bye
20:40 web4live left #koha
20:41 fcapo left #koha
20:44 magnuse left #koha
20:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #52: SUCCESS in 38 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/52/
20:46 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Follow up for bug 5880: Added unit tests for the two new subroutines
20:46 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Follow up for bug 5880: Improved unit test
20:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5880 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, C4/ : adding two functions GetAutorisedValueByCode and GetKohaImageurlFromAuthorisedValues
20:50 rhcl1 left #koha
21:03 rangi julians two tests have pushed us up to 50.9% subroutine coverage
21:03 rangi lets get to 51%
21:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5889: Messages name in english for notifications on public interface. <[…]1fce97cac7f45ca62> / Bug 5646: Translated sql files break messaging <[…]b3d42b82996642bfc> / Bug 5882 : catalogue/moredetails (minor) changes <
21:13 jenkins_koha left #koha
21:13 jenkins_koha joined #koha
21:17 cait good night all :)
21:17 cait left #koha
21:22 jenkins_koha Starting build 53 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:43 druthb joined #koha
21:43 druthb left #koha
21:51 rangi marcelr++ # hes a patch making machine! :)
21:52 rangi jcamins++ # for signing some of those patches off, the netherlands and new amsterdam (york) combine ftw :)
21:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5890 Correct Mismatched operator in comparison <[…]3bd3486b22a495743> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5848' into kcmaster <[…]93c5b536ed3ef13b5> / Bug 5848: Remove duplicated tabs in opac details for Unimarc <
22:00 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #53: SUCCESS in 37 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/53/
22:00 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5882 : catalogue/moredetails (minor) changes
22:00 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 5646: Translated sql files break messaging
22:00 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug 5889: Messages name in english for notifications on public interface.
22:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5882 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, catalogue/moredetails (minor) changes
22:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5646 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW, translated message names on sql level break messaging
22:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5889 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW, Allow message names to be translatable
22:00 jenkins_koha Starting build 54 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3735: Wrong search results for a few fields in <[…]330916942e4160533> / 5622: Improve display of MARC21 773 field in XSLT detail view <[…]5cb386363c48083d9>
22:18 * rangi gives jenkins a work out
22:19 chilts is Jenkins a replacement for Hudson?
22:19 rangi yes
22:19 rangi it is the fork
22:19 chilts ah right ... I'll go read about it
22:19 chilts interesting
22:19 rangi the fork with all the developers
22:19 chilts heh, sounds like an interesting story
22:19 rangi oracle has the tm .. and a dead project
22:19 chilts ah yeah, I remember seeing something like that a while ago
22:20 chilts has happened all too often :(
22:20 rangi yeah oracle is the ptfs of the database world
22:20 * chilts laughed and made a weird face in the same moment reading that
22:20 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_master/changes
22:21 chilts heh, it's flashing to top one
22:21 chilts I guess that means it's building and testing it
22:21 rangi yep
22:22 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ter/HTML_Report/?
22:22 rangi i like this report too
22:22 rangi thats using Devel::Cover
22:23 chilts weird the way it puts the table into a scrollable inner ... but yes, that looks like very good info :)
22:34 LBA left #koha
22:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #54: SUCCESS in 38 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/54/
22:38 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 5879 : : fix isbd syspref and default location
22:38 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 4218 - Staff client detail page doesn't show hold status
22:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5879 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, : fix isbd syspref and default location
22:38 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Bug 5848: Remove duplicated tabs in opac details for Unimarc
22:38 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 5890 Correct Mismatched operator in comparison
22:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4218 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, REOPENED, Staff client detail page does not show item hold status
22:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5848 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Same position for the tabs of Normal, MARC and ISBD view in opac detail
22:38 jenkins_koha Starting build 55 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5890 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED, Mismatched operator in C4::Auth
22:47 druthb joined #koha
22:48 druthb left #koha
23:10 hdl joined #koha
23:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #55: SUCCESS in 37 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/55/
23:15 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: 5622: Improve display of MARC21 773 field in XSLT detail view
23:15 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 3735: Wrong search results for a few fields in
23:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3735 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Wrong search results for a few fields in
23:33 hdl left #koha
23:35 ronald joined #koha
23:38 rhcl1 joined #koha
23:43 rhcl1 left #koha
23:43 rhcl2 joined #koha
23:49 NateC joined #koha
23:55 NateC left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary