IRC log for #koha, 2011-03-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
00:19 jenkins_koha Starting build 12 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #12: SUCCESS in 2 mn 33 s: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/12/
00:23 jenkins_koha Starting build 13 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #13: FAILURE in 5 mn 56 s: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/13/
00:31 jenkins_koha Starting build 14 for job Koha_master (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #12 12 mn ago)
00:37 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #14: STILL FAILING in 5 mn 45 s: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/14/
00:37 jenkins_koha Starting build 15 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #12 18 mn ago)
00:55 mtj left #koha
00:55 mtj joined #koha
00:56 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
00:56 mtj left #koha
00:57 mtj joined #koha
01:00 conan joined #koha
01:08 druthb joined #koha
01:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #15: UNSTABLE in 31 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/15/
01:13 * jcamins is within walking distance of the Zoo!!!!
01:16 rangi !jenkins build Koha_master now
01:18 jenkins_koha left #koha
01:18 wizzyrea_ he doesn't like taking orders I guess
01:18 rangi heh
01:18 jenkins_koha joined #koha
01:19 jcamins Either that or he was offended that the zoo got three exclamation marks and he only got one.
01:19 druthb hi, wizzyrea_  :)
01:19 wizzyrea_ hi there
01:20 rangi !jenkins build Koha_master now
01:20 jenkins_koha rangi: job Koha_master build scheduled now
01:20 jenkins_koha Starting build 16 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #12 1 h 0 mn ago)
01:21 jcamins My wife asks if Harry Potter is still popular with teens... does anyone know?
01:21 druthb very.
01:21 bg twilight I'd guess
01:21 wizzyrea_ afaik, yea
01:21 druthb my teen laughs at the goofiness of twilight.
01:21 space_librarian last movie comes out in June
01:22 wizzyrea_ well harry potter keeps sucking in younger kids
01:22 druthb but she fangirls all *over* Daniel Radcliffe.
01:22 wizzyrea_ bc the first one is easy
01:22 wizzyrea_ and they get progressively harder
01:22 wizzyrea_ (and longer, obviously)
01:23 wizzyrea_ druthb: did she like the books?
01:23 druthb she did.  (as did I)
01:23 rangi i havent seen a movie or read one of the books
01:23 rangi for either harry potter or twilight
01:23 space_librarian you're not missing anything on Twilight
01:23 wizzyrea_ I was resistant to harry potter at first
01:23 eythian I saw a couple of the movies, but in my defence I had a girlfriend who made me do it.
01:23 wizzyrea_ but i read the first one and it was actually good
01:23 eythian (the harry potter ones, that is)
01:24 bg heh I've read both and watched all the movies
01:24 druthb I saw part of the first Twilight movie, and that was all I can stand.
01:24 wizzyrea_ bg: same here
01:24 wizzyrea_ I read the last book in 15 hours >.>
01:24 bg actually loved them - but vampires don't sparkle
01:24 * jcamins read and watched Harry Potter. Not Twilight, though.
01:24 space_librarian no, vampires shouldn't sparkle
01:24 wizzyrea_ I haven't touched twiligt
01:24 bg decent new vampire-ish book - is "the passage"
01:24 wizzyrea_ well that's not true, I have had to pick it up in the library occasionally
01:25 wizzyrea_ and it was my default search
01:25 wizzyrea_ for a while
01:25 space_librarian I have always been a BtVS and Christopher Pike/Anne Rice vampire person...
01:25 * jcamins actually read Harry Potter before they become popular. His grandmother gave him one of the advance copies they gave out to librarians in an effort to sell the book in the States.
01:25 bg yeah Anne Rice ones are good
01:29 wizzyrea_ i liked christopher pike
01:30 rangi[…]lf-or-dumbledore/
01:33 mtj left #koha
01:33 mtj joined #koha
01:33 wizzyrea_ lol
01:36 jcamins Okay, that's it for me.
01:36 jcamins Good night, #koha
01:36 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
01:38 conan left #koha
01:47 druthb left #koha
01:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #16: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/16/
01:57 bencahill left #koha
02:09 wizzyrea_ left #koha
02:20 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
02:21 wizzyrea_ left #koha
02:24 bencahill joined #koha
03:13 eythian # FIXME - I'm not at all sure about the above, because I don't
03:13 eythian # understand what the acct* tables in the Koha database are for.
03:13 eythian s
03:13 eythian hmm...
03:13 eythian they are woefully undocumented.
03:16 eythian is the 'accountoffsets' table used, anyone know?
03:16 eythian and if so, does anyone know how it's used?
03:17 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
03:17 wizzyrea_ left #koha
03:19 space_librarian from the looks of things, its not used (generally)
03:19 eythian where are you looking?
03:19 space_librarian the mail archive?
03:19 eythian ah right
03:19 eythian in that case, I can ignore it :)
03:19 space_librarian from 2007
03:20 eythian it's used in the code, but I'm not sure if the functions using it are ever used.
03:20 bg blow up acct* tables :)
03:20 space_librarian and they were ignoring it in 2006 on the irc logs...
03:20 eythian well, there's an RFC to rewrite how they work, which I'm looking forward to.
03:21 eythian accountlines is used however. I'm just figuring out how to get similar-but-different data out of liberty  and into koha.
03:21 space_librarian ouch. That's a little on the tricky side
03:22 eythian it is, as koha's internal way of doing accounts is a bit special.
03:22 space_librarian oh, here we go "accountoffsets is an old, obsolete table that was used to track payments and increases in fines in the accountlines table. Parts of Koha still update it, but its information is not displayed anywhere."
03:23 eythian ah, good to know.
03:23 eythian If I end up involved in the RFC implementation, I may have to make sure it's deleted.
03:23 space_librarian make note of it, so you don't forget
03:24 eythian it won't get forgotten :)
03:25 bg which RFC are you referring to?
03:27 eythian Not sure, I just seem to recall it being mentioned.
03:28 eythian possibly internally
03:28 eythian or, I'm confusing it with something else.
03:28 bg ah ok
03:28 bg I think the same here :)
03:32 rangi Deleting it is precisely the wrong thing to do
03:32 rangi Using that table is the right thing
03:33 rangi Unbreaking it
03:33 eythian hmm. I think fixing the accounts system, whether by using the table or not. More importantly however is documenting the table structure so that code to interact with it can be made.
03:34 Elwell_ joined #koha
03:34 Elwell left #koha
03:35 rangi the original accounts system was set up under the scrutiny of a financial auditor
03:35 rangi And contained the trail of information they need
03:35 eythian It's not possible to tell whether that's the case, because it's not explained anywhere.
03:35 rangi It was
03:35 eythian And so anyone modifying it wouldn't know how to keep that trail intact.
03:36 rangi Ppl deleted that also
03:36 eythian It's not in C4::Accounts, which is where I'd expect to find it.
03:36 rangi I repeat
03:36 rangi Ppl deleted that also
03:36 rangi Whole subroutines
03:36 rangi With doc and perldoc
03:37 rangi somewhere between 2.0 and 2.2
03:37 eythian how strange. It looks like there's been an attempt to redo it, but by someone who was just looking at the code, so it's not complete.
03:39 rangi Back in the cvs days, a few mental things were done
03:39 rangi The price of having many committers
03:40 eythian yeah.
03:41 rangi What auditors want is a trail of every transaction
03:42 rangi Accountoffsets was that
03:42 eythian that's accountlines, isn't it?
03:42 rangi Nope
03:43 rangi What it lacks is the linking of a charge to the payment
03:44 rangi It has the payment, and a charge
03:44 eythian yeah. accountlines has a track of everything, but it goes back and modifies the 'outstanding' value on old entries, which I don't like.
03:45 rangi But you can't tell what payment changed the charge
03:45 eythian yeah
03:45 eythian It also has this accountno thing, which I'm currently trying to figure out.
03:46 rangi that was the primary key
03:46 eythian oh. I don't think it is now
03:46 rangi And how you found the offsets to it, from accountoffsets
03:46 eythian it's like something that links a set of transactions, or something like that.
03:46 eric_b is now known as ebegin
03:47 rangi Yeah its on the list to fix
03:47 rangi There is a wr branch that fixes the tables, (puts keys back)
03:48 rangi The start of the rewrite
03:48 rangi Right time to pack down
03:49 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
03:49 wizzyrea_ left #koha
03:49 eythian ah cool
03:50 ebegin I'm sure I saw the sql database structure on koha-community lately but i can remember where...
04:29 brendan_ evening :)
04:31 kmkale joined #koha
04:31 chris_n heya brendan_
04:31 kmkale Namaskar #koha
04:32 chris_n fancy underscore there :)
04:32 chris_n hi kmkale
04:32 kmkale hi chris_n
04:32 kmkale better change the topic for # koha ;)
04:33 brendan_ heya chris_n  :)  been awhile...  hello kmkale :)
04:33 kmkale hi brendan_
04:33 chris_n next meeting is Apr 5?
04:34 brendan_ I thought maybe the 6th?
04:34 brendan_ not sure though
04:36 kmkale April 6th 10.00 utc
04:38 chris_n left #koha
04:39 chris_n joined #koha
04:39 * chris_n shakes his fist at bip
04:39 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.2.5 is now available | Next IRC meeting 6 Apr. 2011 10:00 UTC+0 | | This channel is logged | Pastes at
04:43 eythian oh. (borrowernumber,accountno) is effectively a key. How'd I not see that.
04:45 kmkale_ joined #koha
04:47 braedon joined #koha
04:50 kmkale left #koha
04:50 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
04:53 shelley joined #koha
04:53 rhcl_home joined #koha
04:55 rhcl_home rangi: you on?
04:56 rhcl_home I wonder where Marc would put a publication license?
04:56 rhcl_home http://collegeopentextbooks.or[…]ct/chemistry.html
04:57 space_librarian left #koha
05:02 rhcl_home Just as an example (emphasize example only), I wonder if the following link has Marc-able info, and therefore possible inclusion in a library ebook collection?
05:02 rhcl_home[…]nd_Government.pdf
05:04 rhcl_home Aah, everybody's asleep. I should be too.
05:05 rhcl_home left #koha
05:06 paul_p joined #koha
05:11 druthb joined #koha
05:16 * kmkale waves at druthb & paul_p
05:16 druthb Namaste, kmkale.
05:16 paul_p hi kmkale (6am here)
05:17 kmkale wow paul_p
05:17 kmkale Namaskar druthb
05:17 brendan_ morning paul_p
05:17 paul_p hello late americans ;-)
05:17 druthb bonjour, paul_p.  :)
05:17 eythian hello late Europeans ;-)
05:18 paul_p eythian, nope, it's early europeans :D
05:18 kmkale wonder if you have a git install at hand to check the text description of itemBarcodeInputFilter  syspref
05:18 eythian paul_p: but it's already been 6am here, therefore you're late :)
05:19 paul_p lol
05:19 kmkale does it say |scanned item barcodes| or "scanned patron barcodes"
05:20 * paul_p tired to delete 3-5 spams every morning on the wiki...
05:30 kmkale bbl
05:30 kmkale left #koha
05:38 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
05:49 ronald left #koha
06:00 wizzyrea_ left #koha
06:02 snail joined #koha
06:04 druthb left #koha
06:33 paul_p left #koha
06:40 cait joined #koha
06:41 cait morning #koha
06:44 snail morning cait
06:44 kmkale joined #koha
06:46 cait hi snail and kmkale
06:49 kmkale hi cait
07:10 indradg kmkale, happy birthday! :)
07:17 kmkale indradg: Its not my birthday
07:22 cait ah, good I waited
07:22 cait mine was yesterday :)
07:28 indradg cait, belated happy birthday!
07:28 indradg kmkale, well then... way in advance then :)
07:28 kmkale :) thatks indradg
07:28 cait thx indradg :)
07:28 kmkale and belated happy b'day cait
07:29 cait kmkale: :)
07:29 cait I just checked the syspref table - there it says item barcode (not patron barcode)
07:30 kmkale yup. I did too on my git install but was not sure if i had a lingering patch
07:30 cait kmkale: but I think the description was not changed in update and perhaps pref file?
07:31 kmkale so i think i can squash that bug 5417
07:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5417 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED, System Preference page for itemBarcodeInputFilter text is "scanned patron barcodes."
07:31 cait did you check the pref file?
07:34 * kmkale is checking
07:36 cait sorry, have to run - don't want to be late at work
07:36 cait bbl :)
07:36 cait left #koha
07:38 kmkale @later tell kf Yes its changed in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modul​es/admin/preferences/circulation.pref in the patch for 5418
07:38 huginn kmkale: The operation succeeded.
07:44 marcelr joined #koha
07:45 marck joined #koha
07:51 rangi evening
07:53 chris_n or very early morning, depending upon which end of the world you're on ;-)
07:53 rangi ;)
07:54 chris_n rangi: you don't happen to use rrdtool for anything do you?
07:54 rangi nope
07:54 rangi oh and commiserations :)
07:55 chris_n :)
07:58 hdl joined #koha
08:03 francharb joined #koha
08:03 francharb hello all
08:06 marck left #koha
08:22 kf joined #koha
08:22 kf good morning all
08:24 paul_p joined #koha
08:31 kf bonjour paul_p
08:33 sophie_m joined #koha
08:34 marcelr morning koha
08:35 marcelr small question about master: anyone know why opacnav (navigate menu) disappeared on opac-detail ?
08:38 jenkins_koha Starting build 17 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #12 8 h 19 mn ago)
08:39 slef Hi. I've found a bug in the bugzilla config. Who can fix it for me?
08:40 slef rangi: gmcharlt: either of you around?
08:42 davi joined #koha
08:43 chris_n rangi: likewise, btw
08:45 kf slef: I think there is a component in bugzilla to file bugs :)
08:46 slef kf: yeah, I guess I'll go use that in a mo.
08:55 kmkale left #koha
09:00 indradg left #koha
09:00 slef bug 5817
09:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5817 major, P5, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Malformed author search link breaks sorting on results page
09:07 magnuse joined #koha
09:08 hdl left #koha
09:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #17: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/17/
09:11 ebegin left #koha
09:14 snail left #koha
09:15 hdl joined #koha
09:22 indradg joined #koha
09:38 slef bug 5822 filed
09:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5822 normal, P1, ---, chris, NEW, Missing perl module Math::Random::ISAAC for upgraded bugzilla
09:40 braedon left #koha
10:11 chris_n` joined #koha
10:11 chris_n is now known as Guest3352
10:11 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
10:12 Guest3352 left #koha
10:55 kf chris_n: around?
11:11 druthb joined #koha
11:12 magnuse o/
11:13 druthb \o
11:24 ebegin joined #koha
11:42 francharb1 joined #koha
11:47 francharb left #koha
11:57 brendan_ left #koha
12:04 conan joined #koha
12:05 conan hello everybody
12:06 ebegin left #koha
12:10 kf hi conan
12:10 conan I've been trying to join koha-devel list since yesterday, but the page doesn't load
12:10 conan in fact, several pages at don't load
12:10 conan does anyone know if there's something down?
12:10 jcamins_away conan: That's because the Koha website is
12:10 druthb try at instead.
12:11 * conan trying...
12:33 druthb left #koha
12:35 kf hm bugzilla seems to be down
12:37 chris_n hi kf
12:37 jcamins_away Good afternoon, kf, and good morning, chris_n.
12:37 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
12:38 jwagner joined #koha
12:40 conan well, found it finally, I must say mailing list are a little bit hidden, maybe there should be a link on the 'get involved' section, right next to the 'find us on irc' link
12:40 conan anyway, thanks jcamins and druthb
12:40 magnuse kf: works for me
12:43 JesseM joined #koha
12:43 JesseM Good Morning #Koha
12:44 jcamins Good morning.
12:44 jcamins chris_n: do you know how to disable the label creator's balancing feature, so that if you tell it to create ten labels starting at number 12 it will populate the labels 12-21?
12:50 chris_n jcamins: I'm not sure what you are looking for; at present if you tell it to start on label 12, it will begin printing on the 12th label on the sheet and continue through the end of the batch
12:50 chris_n so presumably if you had a batch of 10 labels and told it to start on label 12 it would begin on the 12th physical label and print 10 labels
12:50 tcohen joined #koha
12:52 chris_n I just tested on a batch of 10 here
12:52 chris_n setting the batch to start on label 12 causes it to use the 12th through 21st labels
12:54 jcamins One of our servers it "balances" the labels into several columns, skipping several labels.
12:54 tcohen hi   #koha
12:55 collum joined #koha
12:55 jcamins However, if it's working for you, this must be a localized error.
12:56 kf hi jcamins
12:56 kf thx magnuse, works from here now too
12:57 slef @later tell wizzyrea can I have permission to update our details on please?
12:57 huginn slef: The operation succeeded.
12:58 kf chris_n: wanted to ask if 1962 could go into 3.2.x
12:59 chris_n jcamins: that is on
12:59 chris_n so a bit behind master
13:00 jcamins chris_n: hm. I'll see if the same problem occurs on older code.
13:01 hdl hi tcohen... Is there a documentation / how to to use your scripts available ?
13:02 NateC joined #koha
13:03 druthb joined #koha
13:04 tcohen hdl: if you create the symlink for koha-zebraqueue-daemon in init.d
13:04 tcohen as the docs stated for 3.0.x it should work out of the box
13:04 hdl k tahnks
13:04 tcohen i'll put the steps to test on bugzilla
13:06 druthb packages_for_installing_koha++  #goodness, that is faster.
13:06 tcohen $ sudo ln -s ${SCRIPT_DIR}/  /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon
13:06 tcohen $ sudo update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults
13:06 oleonard joined #koha
13:14 oleonard Re: timeout question on the Koha list... I don't think I have *ever* had a session time out
13:20 indradg left #koha
13:20 kf I don't hink it's koha
13:20 kf one of my coworkers had a problem like this - perhaps cookie settings int he browser
13:21 oleonard I wonder if I would have to leave my browser open and idle for 4 months, 17 days, 5 hours, and 20 minutes in order to get timed out
13:34 thd-away is now known as thd
13:34 Oak joined #koha
13:35 thd paul_p: Are you present?
13:37 thd paul_p: I have a question about authorities.
13:41 hdl thd: ?
13:42 thd hdl: Do you have any libraries asking for repeatable $9?
13:43 hdl in fact we have libraries which would like to cope with composed authorities.
13:43 hdl => multiple $9
13:43 thd yes
13:44 Oak left #koha
13:45 thd hdl: I assume that the work which you did on subject selection interface for Nîmes does not use $9.
13:47 thd hdl: Am I correct in assuming that the subject selection interface for Nîmes merely uses the words in the subfields?
13:48 thd ... without $9?
13:49 hdl I think it uses $9 if exists.
13:50 hdl but would have to check it out
13:51 thd hdl: If so, then how could it find a record unless all checkboxes for one subdived (composed) subject are checked?
13:51 * thd presumes that I can trace the code at
13:51 hdl looking at that.
13:53 * chris_n wonders if oleonard is busy watching his browser waiting for it to time out...
13:53 * oleonard only asks that someone stop by to moisten my eyeballs periodically
13:53 kf hehe
13:53 chris_n lol
13:54 * chris_n hands oleonard a bottle of eyedrops
13:54 chris_n and a bag of popcorn
13:54 francharb1 re
13:55 hdl oleonard: hi
13:55 kf hi francharb1
13:56 francharb1 hi kf
13:56 francharb1 is now known as francharb
13:56 francharb :)
13:56 kf :)
13:58 kmkale joined #koha
14:00 thd What does trivial merge mean?
14:02 kmkale paul_p / gmcharlt what could be a good day and time to have first kohacon meeting?
14:02 gmcharlt kmkale: a couple weeks hence, perhaps?
14:02 paul_p couple of weeeks++
14:03 kmkale can we have the first one quickly like next few days?
14:03 paul_p ('morning gmcharlt)
14:03 gmcharlt hi paul_p
14:03 gmcharlt kmkale: next week?
14:03 paul_p ok for me (well, depending on the timeline ;-) )
14:04 thd hdl: I found nimes related commits in but no changes for OPAC subjects
14:04 kmkale what time?
14:04 wahanui1 time is a scary thing
14:06 thd hdl paul_p: Was the subject selection interface for Nîmes submitted as a patch upstream?
14:06 paul_p thd: not yet
14:06 thd paul_p: Do you know where the code is?
14:06 wahanui1 well, the code is kept at
14:06 kmkale in the first meeting I would like to get a few pointers, help with some copy writing stuff so a quick meeting if possible
14:07 kmkale sometime Monday
14:07 thd paul_p: I have been having trouble finding the source for the feature at
14:08 hdl koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/​en/catalogue/opac-detail.tmpl
14:09 thd hdl: does it not need a Perl hook?
14:10 hdl no.
14:10 hdl it is jscript
14:11 thd hdl: I know that some just JavaScript part needs fixing.
14:11 thd hdl: It does not degrade gracefully if the user does not have JavaScript.
14:12 hdl and accessibilit and so on...
14:12 thd yes
14:13 gmcharlt kmkale: Monday at (say) 14:00 UTC+0 ?
14:13 kmkale works for me
14:14 gmcharlt paul_p: ^^
14:15 paul_p monday is not my preffered day. I prefer tue or fri
14:15 kmkale gmcharlt: tuesday is good too
14:15 gmcharlt Tuesday is fine for me too
14:15 kmkale shall I drop a mail to the lists?
14:16 druthb left #koha
14:16 gmcharlt kmkale: good idea
14:16 kmkale thanks gmcharlt paul_p
14:17 paul_p ok, so tuesday & the mail is a good idea, definetivly !
14:17 kmkale i will put up a page in the wiki with some agenda. please add to it from your past experience to get things rolling
14:18 thd hdl: Does Nîmes use authorities for their catalogue?
14:18 kmkale bye for now. bbl
14:20 hdl thd: yse
14:20 hdl yes
14:21 tcohen left #koha
14:25 oleonard We have 7 holds in our system with NULL branchcode.
14:26 oleonard It could be that some are caused by Bug 5805, but I doubt all of them were.
14:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5805 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, RESOLVED FIXED, Changing Pickup library on already queued holds causes havoc on all holds below it
14:26 oleonard I wonder if there's something else going on?
14:30 marcelr left #koha
14:31 thd hdl: The subject selection feature functions as if no authorities are in use.
14:31 tcohen joined #koha
14:32 thd hdl: It queries the selected subject words not $9 otherwise it would not work with subdivided subject headings.
14:33 hdl oleonard: should be that....
14:33 hdl yes.
14:34 wizzyrea oleonard: we've seen that too
14:34 wizzyrea and not in context of 5805
14:36 wizzyrea i'm trying to find my emails about that
14:36 wizzyrea where branchcode ends up empty
14:39 gmcharlt left #koha
14:39 rangi left #koha
14:39 rangi joined #koha
14:39 sekjal joined #koha
14:40 gmcharlt joined #koha
14:41 kmkale left #koha
14:41 gmcharlt @quote random
14:41 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #36: "<pianohacker> first, burn the perl book" (added by jdavidb at 07:12 PM, September 25, 2009)
14:48 * chris_n reaches for the matches and his copy of "Programming Perl"
14:48 oleonard I wonder what step two is?
14:49 kf @quote random
14:49 huginn kf: Quote #110: "chris: im rm, not god" (added by kf at 10:20 AM, December 08, 2010)
14:50 chris_n oleonard: get out the marshmallows, Hershey's bars, and graham crackers?
14:50 wizzyrea I like that idea
14:50 kf mh yes
14:50 chris_n why waste a perfectly good fire
14:51 wizzyrea should burn pretty hot too ;)
14:51 thd hdl: Actually the code shows that the feature would not work as it does if authorities are in use,
14:52 slef hi wizzyrea did you get my message?
14:52 wizzyrea yes sir
14:52 wizzyrea and i will do that right now
14:52 slef cool, thanks
14:52 wizzyrea ty for the gentle reminder
14:53 slef question for you: should I move our 3.2 demo to the logical position between HEAD and the 3.0 ones, or leave it where it is?
14:53 wizzyrea yes, I think that is probably the right thing to do
14:53 slef Q: A or B? A: yes :-/
14:54 wizzyrea A
14:54 wizzyrea :)
14:54 slef mmm, ambiguous re-expression of it :)
14:54 slef ok, will do
14:54 thd hdl: I suspect that either Nîmes is not using authorities for subdivided subjects or the code has bug which prevents the $9 ID from being returned to the template loop embedded in JavaScript.
14:54 slef :)
14:54 slef ooh, authorities bugs?
14:54 thd s/loop/conditional/
14:54 * slef reads the log
14:55 thd slef: If there is a bug it actually helps in this case.
14:56 slef oic... I can't be much help but I feel I need to learn more about authorities because they keep causing us problems.
14:57 wizzyrea slef: you should be able to edit that page now
14:58 slef wizzyrea: trying...
14:58 thd slef: The subject selection feature which BibLibre built for Nîmes is very nice and works better either without authorities or with a bug preventing the authority ID from being captured.
14:58 slef wizzyrea: "You are not allowed to edit this item"
14:58 wizzyrea k 1s
14:59 wizzyrea wp is sometimes tricky with perms
14:59 wizzyrea please try now?
15:00 slef looks like I can edit everything
15:00 wizzyrea that's ok with me
15:00 slef "Warning: Liz Rea is currently editing this page"
15:01 wizzyrea that's ok, it just means I recently clicked away from it
15:01 wizzyrea you won't have any collisions
15:01 wizzyrea :)
15:04 slef updated but I wonder if Version: HEAD needs explaining. Do we have an explanation of it?
15:05 slef Also I think should link to the demo page rather than only bywater, OK?
15:05 pastebot0 is now known as pastebot
15:06 slef[…]Control_Using_Git seems to call HEAD "the current development version". I'll put that on the demo page.
15:07 thd When can an authority ID ever not be a number?
15:07 wizzyrea we should probably change that to master
15:07 wizzyrea since chris changed the name
15:07 slef ok, will do
15:08 thd s/ever/ever in Koha/
15:11 kf slef: I think instead of HEAD current master branch perhaps
15:13 gmcharlt thd: in Koha, it should always be a number
15:13 hdl thd: ? why are you asking ?
15:14 slef kf: I just put "Master" (else it looks too long and throws the table width out) and a note below explaining that, with a link to for-developers. Is that OK?
15:14 thd hdl: There is a test in the JavaScript subject selection feature for whether the authority ID  is a number.
15:14 conan left #koha
15:15 slef I suggest should link back to the providers, but I'm not going to decide to do that because I've an obvious conflict of interest.
15:15 hdl sometimes when importing a biblio, authoritynumber can be an id from bnf or Rameau
15:16 thd hdl: In $9?
15:16 hdl $3
15:17 thd hdl: I would expect that $3 would not be a problem if Koha is only checking $9
15:17 thd[…]be220ef3e1a5a15c7
15:19 thd Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of the check for a number.
15:23 kf slef: sounds ok
15:23 slef kf: cool, thanks for checking.
15:32 oleonard wizzyrea: Did you have any clues about NULL branchcodes in holds?
15:32 oleonard I've just been chatting with sekjal about it with regard to our system
15:32 oleonard wizzyrea: Or just reports that it happens?
15:33 wizzyrea I know we've seen it
15:33 * wizzyrea redoubles her search
15:37 hdl sekjal: Do you have any reports about a NULL branchcode problem with reserves  ? The only case i found was Pickup library
15:38 sekjal hdl: I've only seen this on one system, where reserves.branchcode was NULL on a few reserves
15:38 wizzyrea I want to say it's something about misrouting a hold or canceling a hold while in transit
15:39 sekjal this was causing to complain, and was also (I believe) nullifying the holding branch of the items that were used to fill the holds
15:39 hdl yes... it is very dangerous
15:39 wizzyrea so these are holds that are not yet in transit?
15:40 wizzyrea just in queue?
15:40 sekjal wizzyrea:  5 were in queue, 2 were waiting
15:40 sekjal the 2 waiting led to null items.holdingbranch for the specific copies used to fill the holds
15:42 wizzyrea oy sharon's not handy otherwise I'd ask her
15:43 tcohen oleonard: did u manage to test that patch for marc docs I sent?
15:44 oleonard tcohen: Yes, and I have a few suggestions for changes.
15:44 tcohen that's great!
15:44 oleonard tcohen: Can I send you a patch with the suggestions?
15:44 tcohen of course
15:46 oleonard sekjal and wizzyrea, one of my users' reports stated "I changed the hold list [for bib 232979] and when I checked it in again to get the next person in line it came up with a hold that just said "Transfer to: " without any branch listed."
15:46 oleonard But I don't know if the hold priority aspect of it is a red herring or not
15:46 oleonard I've tried changing hold priority without managing to cause a null branchcode.
15:47 collum left #koha
15:47 wizzyrea well... we saw something like that in harley, where changing the order would (do something bad) to the holds below it, it was similar to the bug with the pickup location that you linked earlier
15:51 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
15:53 wizzyrea ugh i'm so sorry I can't find it... still looking though
16:00 indradg joined #koha
16:06 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
16:08 thd is now known as thd-away
16:11 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
16:13 sekjal which mechanism of changing holds order?  there's the arrows, and also the dropdowns.  the bug may be mechanism-dependent
16:14 wizzyrea_ this was the dropdowns I believe
16:19 kmkale joined #koha
16:20 oleonard As if we didn't have enough holds bugs, here's one that's new to us since our upgrade: Bug 5823
16:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5823 major, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Repeated check in of on-hold item fails to show hold information
16:20 wizzyrea_ ooo yea
16:27 wizzyrea_ There's also a deal where if you mark an item lost, and it gets returned at a branch that is not it's home, it doesn't prompt to send that now-found item home
16:27 wizzyrea_ about to file a bug on tt oneha
16:27 wizzyrea_ urg
16:27 wizzyrea_ just about to file a bug on that one
16:28 oleonard Interesting.
16:29 wizzyrea_ whoa, has anybody ever seen a thing where searching for a patron changes the set library of the logged in user?!
16:30 * oleonard collapses in tears
16:30 oleonard Searching from where?
16:31 wizzyrea_
16:31 kmkale how do i create a category in the wiki?
16:31 wizzyrea_ a staff member of mine here can do it every time, but I haven't been able to replicate
16:33 wizzyrea_ it seems to happen when you go to add  circ rule for a branch? weirdest problem ever!
16:33 wizzyrea_ the other catch is he was FF on Mint Linux
16:34 wizzyrea_ and it does it every time, changes the set library to the last library he tried to add a rule to
16:34 wizzyrea_ when he performs a search
16:34 oleonard I can't imagine how it would be browser-dependent
16:34 oleonard Sounds like a TMPL variable name mixup
16:34 wizzyrea_ ^^is exactly what I said
16:34 wizzyrea_ the 1st, not the 2nd :P
16:36 wizzyrea_ AHA
16:36 wizzyrea_ t
16:36 wizzyrea_ I just did it
16:36 wizzyrea_ in chrome
16:36 wizzyrea_ so no, not browser dependent
16:36 wizzyrea_ so what I did
16:38 wizzyrea_ added a circ rule to  a library (holton), filled in all of the fields, clicked add
16:41 wizzyrea_ then searched for a patron  from the check out at the top of the page, still ok
16:41 wizzyrea_ then searched the catalog from, and the set library changed
16:41 wizzyrea_ (i hasten to note that this may be local, as we're having trouble adding circ rules atm as well)
16:41 oleonard That is convoluted
16:42 wizzyrea_ I can't get it to do it directly any way
16:42 wizzyrea_ other way*
16:43 oleonard Does it for me too
16:43 wizzyrea_ !!!
16:43 wizzyrea_ alrighty then
16:44 oleonard And it's not a display problem, that branch selection is persistent
16:45 wizzyrea_ *nod*
16:46 wizzyrea_ do I win a prize gday of the  weirdest
16:47 wizzyrea_ urg
16:47 wizzyrea_ weirdest bug of the day
16:48 druthb joined #koha
16:49 oleonard wizzyrea_ I think you've bumped Bug 4079 from the top spot as weirdest
16:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4079 critical, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Opening system preferences page causes session to lose information
16:50 wizzyrea_ woo hoo notoriety!untitled folder
16:50 wizzyrea_ lol i have got to figure out how to make this dang trackpad less sensitive
16:50 oleonard You also win the price for weirdest typing today
16:50 druthb lol
16:51 wizzyrea_ owen, can you add circ rules?
16:52 oleonard Did you find that the circ rule was not added?
16:53 wizzyrea_ we did, but that mngay be a local thi
16:53 wizzyrea_ lord. local thing.
16:53 oleonard The rule I added to test the branch bug is there
16:53 wizzyrea_ k that's local then
16:58 kmkale left #koha
17:00 paul_p left #koha
17:03 slef mngay lord?
17:05 wizzyrea_ oh wow... that's happening all over now, set library changing when you search the catalog
17:08 sekjal wizzyrea_: you're seeing this on current HEAD?
17:11 sophie_m left #koha
17:11 wizzyrea__ joined #koha
17:13 wizzyrea_ left #koha
17:14 wizzyrea__ bug 5824
17:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5824 critical, P5, ---, paul.poulain, NEW, Creating a circ rule for a library other than default causes set library anomalies
17:14 wizzyrea__ oleonard: is that accurate?
17:15 oleonard Yes
17:15 wizzyrea__ k ty
17:18 sekjal oh wow that's weird (just confirmed it)
17:23 oleonard I wonder if it has to do with checking circulation rules... But does it do that even if you don't try to check out?
17:24 druthb left #koha
17:25 kf left #koha
17:25 wizzyrea__ yea, you don't have to touch anything on
17:25 wizzyrea__ afaict
17:27 hdl left #koha
17:27 wizzyrea__ we have not observed this happening with any privs other than superlibrarian
17:27 wizzyrea__ so our staff accounts are probably not in danger of it happening
17:28 wizzyrea__ unless someone else has observed differently, that is
17:37 sekjal the branchcode of the library you just changed is passed as a param when looking up the borrower
17:39 Brooke_ joined #koha
17:39 Brooke_ kia ora!
17:41 sekjal line 64
17:41 sekjal that's the source of the problem, I think
17:41 wizzyrea__ ooo sekjal you win
17:41 wizzyrea__ sekjal++
17:43 Brooke_ it's almost like the guy's a quality assurance manager or summat.
17:45 sekjal now, the question is, is the branch attribute antiquated for this kind of search (it's next to 'printer'), or is it needed to narrow the search results
17:45 sekjal because we can either nuke it in
17:45 sekjal or rename it in
17:45 wizzyrea__ well renaming seems less likely to break stuff, no?
17:46 brendan_ joined #koha
17:46 Brooke_ more info plox!
17:46 Brooke_ like a screenshot or summat
17:46 sekjal a bit... but both strategies need to be handled with care
17:46 Brooke_ <--- too lazy 2 log
17:46 * Brooke_ waves to brendan+
17:47 wizzyrea__ bug 5824
17:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5824 critical, P5, ---, paul.poulain, NEW, Creating a circ rule for a library other than default causes set library anomalies
17:47 wizzyrea__ is what we're talking about Brooke_
17:48 Brooke_ eeewwww
17:48 Brooke_ that looks to be brand freggin new, too
17:49 oleonard It's so obscure we may have never noticed it
17:49 sekjal I'd be interested to see if it's recently introduced, or has just gone unnoticed for a while
17:49 sekjal git bisect is our friend here
17:49 * Brooke_ never had branches so wouldn't know.
17:49 wizzyrea__ sekjal: I wonder if that same param is passed other places too
17:50 Brooke_ these newfangled branches, what with their Justin music. GET OFF THE LAWN!!!!
17:50 sekjal any place you can go from that takes branch as a param could be at risk
17:51 wizzyrea__ because I saw at least one other time during my testing this morning where that happened
17:51 wizzyrea__ but I couldn't replicate it
17:51 wizzyrea__ (well, not me personally, one of my peeps here)
17:51 Brooke_ tricksy wizzy, tricksy
17:54 sekjal I think renaming the variable that's used on would be the safest bet
17:54 sekjal make what's used specifically on that page named more specifically
17:54 sekjal branch -> current_rule_branch or something
17:57 oleonard Makes sense to me
17:57 wizzyrea__ I defer to your much larger brain
17:57 Brooke_ size doesn't matter ;)
18:00 * Brooke_ muses if the ILS is large enough to warrant an authorised headings database for preferences and junk and where that might be when y'all say that you're clever enough to have already stuck it someplace...
18:02 juan_xerc joined #koha
18:03 * Brooke_ waves to juan
18:03 miguelxercode joined #koha
18:04 miguelxercode left #koha
18:08 * oleonard belatedly votes for everyone who won elections yesterday
18:08 * Brooke_ waves to miguel
18:08 Brooke_ :)
18:09 * Brooke_ was just getting back to nengard about absentee ballots
18:09 wizzyrea__ afk, lunch, ping regular wizzyrea with whatever
18:09 wizzyrea__ left #koha
18:10 * oleonard doesn't want regular wizzyrea's help, he wants HULK wizzyrea's help!
18:10 Brooke_ oleonard++ humour
18:12 * tcohen test irc language
18:13 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
18:14 * tcohen goes for a cup of coffee
18:15 braedon joined #koha
18:21 tcohen left #koha
18:30 Brooke_ left #koha
18:30 sekjal is now known as sekjal_away
18:32 cait joined #koha
18:32 francharb left #koha
18:38 braedon1 joined #koha
18:38 braedon left #koha
18:57 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
19:01 conan joined #koha
19:03 conan left #koha
19:04 druthb joined #koha
19:05 conan joined #koha
19:06 druthb Anyone else getting "Failed to submit form: parsererror" when you try to stage marc records using very-recent 'master' code?
19:06 oleonard druthb: I imported a big batch of records just last week. More recent than that?
19:07 druthb This problem did not obtain on or about the code of 14 Feb, but does as of today.
19:08 conan left #koha
19:08 conan joined #koha
19:08 oleonard Hi conan
19:08 oleonard druthb: Anything unusual about the settings for your import?
19:08 * oleonard is testing
19:09 conan oleonard: hi, sorry about the rejoins, I was testing weechat conf, to autojoin here on start
19:09 druthb nope...pretty conventional stuff.  Same as they used on the 14th.
19:10 oleonard 366 records staged without any error
19:10 druthb Interesting.  this is on a package-based install; I'll test some things here, and see if there's something about *that* that's causing headaches.
19:13 oleonard druthb: That reminds me of Bug 5184... Did that patch get pushed?
19:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5184 enhancement, P5, ---, robin, ASSIGNED, Upgrade to support jQuery 1.4.2
19:13 rangi druthb: that sounds like a js error
19:14 rangi yeah that will be the cause of it
19:14 druthb ah-hah.
19:14 oleonard Bug 5449
19:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5449 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, brice.sanchez, ASSIGNED, JSON malformed in Koha - Blocker with jQuery 1.4.x
19:14 * druthb has big bald patches at the moment, thanks to this one.
19:14 wizzyrea nooo
19:15 oleonard druthb: This is a good chance for you to test the patch for Bug 5449! :)
19:15 druthb I shall!  :D
19:15 wizzyrea w00t
19:16 rangi yeah if that gets signed off i can push it, and that would mean we wouldnt need to switch back to the bundled jquery
19:16 * oleonard 's brain is all muddled after that morning of bug-chasing... Don't know what to do next...
19:17 rangi coffee
19:17 wizzyrea at least we caught one
19:17 * druthb knows about as much about jquery and JSON as she does about quantum physics, so there's some faith involved here.
19:17 wizzyrea and I thought that bug was going to be a doozy to explain
19:17 rhcl_away where would marc dictate a copyright license go? Can Koha recognize all the various open licenses, and search based on license type?
19:18 rangi you'd have to ask a cataloguer that
19:18 * druthb blames wizzyrea for diggin' this one up.
19:18 rangi and which marc :)
19:18 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
19:18 * wizzyrea points at hbraum, passing the buck
19:19 rangi druthb: you'd probably want to apply that patch to a branch, build a new package and test, then test it on one that is not using the debian supplied jquery as well
19:19 * druthb nods.
19:19 rangi (the bonus of using hte debian supplied one of course is it then falls under the debian security teams eyes)
19:19 druthb I've got a git-based kit, and a package-driven install..  I'll check it both places.
19:20 rangi sweet
19:20 rangi  running on the biblibre machine
19:21 rangi its almost working
19:23 rhcl sekjal: when you get back I wanna talk about all the document licenses and cataloging
19:31 rangi[…]ion-357989041.htm
19:32 rangi up to 7000$ now
19:34 mib_lpd06s joined #koha
19:35 mib_lpd06s hello
19:35 wizzyrea helo
19:35 wizzyrea hello even
19:36 mib_lpd06s I have a problem setting the language of koha 3.2.5
19:38 mib_lpd06s I don't see the language selector in the bottom of the screen.
19:39 oleonard mib_lpd06s: Have you enabled your languages in system preferences?
19:39 mib_lpd06s I install language with "perl translate install es-ES"
19:40 oleonard mib_lpd06s: Check your system preferences. There is a tab labeled (in English) "I18N/L10N"
19:40 oleonard Which means "internationalization and localization"
19:41 oleonard Look for the language, opaclanguages, and opaclanguagesdisplay preferences
19:41 mib_lpd06s I see the language in system preferences (I18N/L10N)
19:41 oleonard is it checked?
19:42 mib_lpd06s Yes, with english
19:43 oleonard mib_lpd06s: So English and es-ES both have check marks in the checkboxes next to them?
19:43 mib_lpd06s yes
19:43 rangi i think there is another syspref
19:43 rangi to show the selector
19:44 oleonard rangi: In the OPAC, yes: opaclanguagesdisplay
19:44 oleonard But I think the staff client shows the selector by default if you have more than one language enabled.
19:44 sekjal_away left #koha
19:45 * oleonard loves how easy it is now to install translations
19:45 * oleonard doesn't know when it got so easy, but is grateful
19:46 rangi we are workng on easier
19:46 rangi apt-get install koha-l18n-es
19:46 rangi is where we are aiming for
19:48 mib_lpd06s in demo " (Europe)"  I don't see the selector also
19:48 rhcl Has anyone at a library purchased an OReilly ebook and put it in their catalog? Legal? Ethical?
19:48 rhcl
19:48 rangi i bet you could get opinions either way
19:50 mib_lpd06s I install it in debian from git
19:51 mib_lpd06s perhaps is the version of koha
19:52 oleonard rangi: I was hoping you were working on a universal translator
19:52 rangi heh
19:54 mib_lpd06s There is a archive to configure language selector visibility?
19:55 oleonard mib_lpd06s: I have installed es-ES and enabled it and EN and I can see the language selector
19:56 oleonard I'm testing on the latest version in git
19:57 rhcl sent o'reilly a query, will note response here
19:57 mib_lpd06s koha/apache permission?
20:00 mib_lpd06s I reboot the machinne an now I see!!!
20:00 mib_lpd06s many thnaks...
20:01 oleonard Good news, mib_lpd06s
20:01 oleonard I can't imagine why a reboot was necessary!
20:02 mib_lpd06s Good Bye!
20:02 mib_lpd06s left #koha
20:12 sekjal joined #koha
20:13 jenkins_koha Starting build 18 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #12 19 h ago)
20:20 * oleonard ducks out
20:20 oleonard left #koha
20:31 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 5814 - Style error message on manage staged records page according to... <[…]88ad8bb66dbc5a71e>
20:35 rhcl sekjal!!!!
20:35 wahanui1 i think sekjal is a wonderful geek.
20:35 druthb Run, sekjal!  rhcl has been lurking in wait for you!
20:37 ebegin joined #koha
20:38 JesseM left #koha
20:39 rhcl @marc 542
20:39 huginn rhcl: unknown tag 542
20:43 rhcl OK, so marc doesn't have enough fields to display all the info relevant to a record, namely, with eBooks and open-source licenses, license info like "CC-BY-NC-SA"
20:43 rhcl So we need to expand marc to 4 digits.
20:43 rhcl That's my position.
20:44 sekjal
20:45 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #18: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/18/
20:45 jenkins_koha Starting build 19 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #12 20 h ago)
20:46 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/18/
20:46 rangi getting better
20:48 rhcl is the 542 something new? shows on Internet but not in the "official" marc documents we hold
20:49 sekjal if we dropped "CC-BY-NC-SA" into 542$f or 542$l, that may work
20:49 rhcl Info related to copyright
20:49 sekjal it's from Oct 08
20:49 sekjal or at least that's when it was last revised
20:49 rhcl Will RDA affect any of this?
20:50 * sekjal has no idea.
20:50 sekjal probably
20:50 sekjal yeah, 542 is not a part of Koha's Frameworks yet
20:50 sekjal so, yay, no worries about conflict if we were to use it
20:54 rhcl Well, this Overdrive thing has me grumpy, and I see at lease some <mostly> free books out there, although not the latest and greatest novels
20:54 rhcl and I may make a stab at collecting and cataloging a sample.
20:54 rangi right meeting time bbl
20:54 rhcl Way out of my league
21:02 gmcharlt sekjal: actually, not quite - can't count on 542 not being used in the future
21:02 gmcharlt for some local, stick a '9' in it, like 549
21:03 sekjal I suggest 542 because it's the best-fit existing tag
21:03 sekjal if we used $f or $l, I think we'd remain compatible with anyone else's practices later
21:04 sekjal going by how the subfields are defined
21:05 gmcharlt $l = copyright status, not license
21:05 gmcharlt $f = transcriptoin of copyright statement
21:05 gmcharlt neither are compatible
21:05 gmcharlt ideally a new subfield woudl be defined, but absent that, $n (note) would be the best place to put it
21:06 gmcharlt but best would be a new subfield for explicit encoding of the license(s)
21:06 sekjal how about 540$a?
21:06 sekjal
21:07 gmcharlt that would be better
21:07 gmcharlt I'd still prefer a new subfield to encode a vocabulary of licenses
21:07 sekjal that would be ideal
21:07 gmcharlt but that's a matter for MARBI
21:08 sekjal we'll have Koha speaking arbitrary metadata formats before the new subfield is added to the standard
21:09 gmcharlt sekjal++ # that will come sooner
21:17 jwagner left #koha
21:19 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #19: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/19/
21:19 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Fix for Bug 5814 - Style error message on manage staged records page according to standard
21:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5814 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Style error message on manage staged records page according to standard style
21:30 JesseM joined #koha
21:39 NateC left #koha
21:40 JesseM left #koha
21:43 druthb left #koha
21:44 gmcharlt rangi: remind me, where's your patch status tracker?
21:46 * gmcharlt also reminds people to *not* put bug numbers in square brackets
21:46 gmcharlt i.e., please don't do this: "[Bug 1234] fix the frobber"
21:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1234 enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, NEW, Parameter: Bar Code # Prefix for book / patron searching
21:46 gmcharlt text in square brackets is liable to be stripped
21:47 wizzyrea oooo good tip
21:47 * wizzyrea would so square bracket them :P
21:49 cait left #koha
21:51 Brooke_ joined #koha
21:52 Brooke_ left #koha
22:15 mtj[…]-are-for-tickling
22:17 sekjal okay, time to go
22:17 sekjal have a good night/day/whateverlocaltime, #koha!
22:17 sekjal left #koha
22:18 mtj peace out, sekjal
22:38 Brooke_ joined #koha
22:39 Brooke_ left #koha
23:06 rangi gmcharlt:
23:14 davi left #koha
23:21 rangi heh
23:21 rangi the reason the translatable tests are failing
23:21 rangi ................................​............................... termin?.
23:21 rangi next if /^\.* done\.$/;
23:21 rangi the test assumes your locale is en :)
23:22 * rangi will add the condition so the tests pass on french servers
23:23 gmcharlt lol
23:24 ronald joined #koha
23:24 rangi hi ronald
23:25 ronald hiya rangi
23:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fixing the translatable tests to work in french locales <[…]63881b0e99b90afa4> / Bug 5811 - Bumping database version <[…]5f8de2f3b428e576c> / Bug 5811: Add sysprefs to control overriding fines <[…];a=commitdiff;h=8
23:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 20 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #12 23 h ago)
23:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #20: ABORTED in 30 s: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_master/20/
23:29 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5811: Add sysprefs to control overriding fines
23:29 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5811 - Bumping database version
23:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5811 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, Fines below noissuecharges should not require override
23:29 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Fixing the translatable tests to work in french locales
23:30 jenkins_koha Starting build 21 for job Koha_master (previous build: ABORTED -- last SUCCESS #12 23 h ago)
23:50 gmcharlt @later tell hdl I've started looking at bug 5579; I figure on another couple days to beat it into shape
23:50 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
23:51 rangi gmcharlt++
23:53 gmcharlt @later tell hdl[…]efs/heads/bug5579 - note that I will be doing a lot of squashing before submitting
23:53 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
23:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 4852 - rewrite the query to include limits if using ccl= <[…]59220934d3501ff6c> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5792' into kcmaster <[…]f67066b3a545e76a6> / Bug 5792 - Add reference icon to Bridge icon set <

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary