IRC log for #koha, 2017-04-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 papa joined #koha
00:15 caboose-afk joined #koha
00:22 jzairo joined #koha
00:33 caboose-afk joined #koha
00:45 Francesca joined #koha
00:52 Francesca joined #koha
02:14 Francesca joined #koha
02:37 Francesca joined #koha
05:06 Francesca joined #koha
05:47 cait joined #koha
06:02 mveron joined #koha
06:02 mveron Good morning / daytime #koha
06:03 Francesca joined #koha
06:17 laurence joined #koha
06:21 oha joined #koha
06:22 oha o/
06:41 * magnuse waves
06:43 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:43 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:44 Francesca joined #koha
06:49 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:51 alex_a joined #koha
06:52 alex_a hello
06:52 wahanui niihau, alex_a
06:56 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:59 sophie_m joined #koha
07:12 * mveron waves
07:15 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:17 alexbuckley_ Hi mveron. Bug 18462 should apply properly now
07:17 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Implemented bootstrap styling on the web installer and onboarding tool
07:20 mveron Good morning / daytime alexbuckley. I will try to find time for it in the afternoon.
07:20 alexbuckley_ thanks
07:22 Francesca joined #koha
07:22 magnuse alexbuckley++ mveron++
07:22 magnuse the national library keeps a database of all libraries in norway
07:22 Francesca joined #koha
07:23 magnuse including a username/password that they can use to log into every ill-enabled opac
07:23 magnuse and the urls for nncipp endpoints
07:23 magnuse i did a script for importing the data
07:23 magnuse https://github.com/digibib/bb2koha
07:23 magnuse we'll get to that in a bit
07:24 * magnuse adds it to the NNCIPP wiki page
07:26 baptiste joined #koha
07:29 bapt_w joined #koha
07:33 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:34 gaetan_B hello
07:34 wahanui kia ora, gaetan_B
07:35 bapt_woj joined #koha
07:37 oha magnuse++
07:39 oha is there a way in TT to do something like: [% USE dumper; Dumper.dump(THE_WHOLE_STASH) %]
07:42 fridolin joined #koha
07:45 paul_p joined #koha
07:51 fridolin hie there
08:00 ashimema .
08:05 fridolin1 joined #koha
08:10 Francesca joined #koha
08:11 alex_a joined #koha
08:25 magnuse oha: [% USE Dumper %] <pre>[% Dumper.dump_html( somevar ) %]</pre>
08:26 magnuse or [% USE Dumper %] [% Dumper.dump(somevar) %]
08:32 alex_a joined #koha
08:41 oha magnuse: yeah, the question is how to dump the WHOLE stash
08:42 oha or you will have to guess what's in there
08:42 magnuse ah
08:43 magnuse so it's more a question of how to access the whole stash?
08:43 oha yep
08:47 magnuse oha: seen http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=641731 and http://mail.template-toolkit.o[…]ruary/000617.html ?
08:47 wahanui I haven't seen 'http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=641731', magnuse
08:51 oha magnuse: the empty key trick doesn't seem to work
08:52 oha and switching to Template::Alloy might be a good idea on the long run, but a bit too much :)
08:54 oha i will live without it
09:06 alexbuckley_ If someone has time could they please test bug 18438, and let me know if they believe I have solved the issue Jonathan identified in comment 9? I'd be keen to hear a second opinion
09:06 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18438 major, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Failed QA , Check in: Modal about holds hides important check in messages
09:22 bapt_w joined #koha
09:23 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:26 Francesca joined #koha
09:36 cait joined #koha
09:45 cait Joubu++ # what's on ...
10:08 jamil joined #koha
10:11 jamil left #koha
10:25 nlegrand Hey.
10:27 magnuse hiya nlegrand
10:29 paul_p__ joined #koha
10:29 bapt_woj joined #koha
10:35 nlegrand o/ magnuse
10:37 paul_p joined #koha
10:38 laurence left #koha
10:42 bapt_w joined #koha
10:42 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:59 bapt_woj joined #koha
10:59 paul_p__ joined #koha
11:04 paul_p joined #koha
11:04 baptiste joined #koha
11:24 tcohen joined #koha
11:24 tcohen morning
11:27 sameee joined #koha
11:28 petter joined #koha
11:35 magnuse hiya tcohen and petter
11:38 petter hei!
11:40 meliss joined #koha
11:40 oleonard joined #koha
11:40 tcohen hola magnuse petter
11:41 magnuse it's fun to stay at the O-P-L!
11:41 oleonard Hi all
11:42 eythian hi oleonard
11:42 wahanui hi oleopard
11:45 caboose joined #koha
11:50 oleonard Dev meeting in 1hr 10 minutes?
11:51 tcohen 1 hr and 10 min?
11:54 LibraryClaire erk, forgot about the clock change
11:54 oleonard https://www.timeanddate.com/wo[…]g&iso=20170426T13
11:54 oleonard Hi LibraryClaire
11:55 kidclamp joined #koha
11:55 tcohen mi clock says 8:55 and the timeanddate site says it is at 10
11:55 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
11:55 wahanui hi oleopard
11:57 oleonard My clock says 7:56 and the timeaddate site says it is at 9
11:57 oleonard :P
11:57 kidclamp oh, i thought meeting was at now, but it is now+1hr
11:57 LibraryClaire I thought the same kidclamp
11:57 * LibraryClaire goes back to sleep
11:57 * kidclamp powers down
11:58 * oleonard disengages phasers
11:58 tcohen hi kidclamp
11:59 kidclamp oleonard is apparently prepared for making controversial changes at the meeting
11:59 * magnuse shakes his fist at timt
11:59 kidclamp hi tco
11:59 kidclamp heh, have to hit tab, not just think it
11:59 tcohen hahah
12:00 tcohen Joubu: I think we should use a granade on Auth.pm instead
12:00 tcohen *grenade*
12:00 oleonard tab-completion should work on any word you're thinking.
12:01 tcohen oleonard: you need to first enable QueryOrNotAutoTruncation
12:03 alex_a joined #koha
12:13 nengard joined #koha
12:15 cait joined #koha
12:19 cait1 joined #koha
12:19 NateC joined #koha
12:19 Infra_3600 joined #koha
12:22 edveal joined #koha
12:25 kellym joined #koha
12:38 alex_a joined #koha
12:39 oha tcohen: Auth.pm? :)
12:39 cait1 Auth.pm?
12:39 wahanui well, Auth.pm is second to search.pm in terribleness :)
12:40 oha wahanui: you see... there is worse!
12:40 wahanui OK, oha.
12:40 tcohen oha: hi
12:40 oleonard you see... there?
12:40 wahanui you see... there is worse!
12:41 oha i shouldn't have done that, i see it now
12:41 * oleonard uses grenadine on Auth.pm
12:41 oha tcohen: btw... speaking about Auth.pm, do you know i started refactoring it, right?
12:41 tcohen yes
12:42 oha so go ahead, nuke it :) i need some pressure
12:42 oleonard wahanui: forget you see... there
12:42 wahanui oleonard: I forgot you see... there
12:43 tcohen oha: when are you finishing the refactoring? :_Dç
12:43 oha it is working for us, but i need help on CAS/shib et all for testing
12:44 oha in the meanwhile i change focus, working on ILL
12:44 oha changed*
12:45 jzairo joined #koha
12:45 tcohen oha++
12:45 magnuse s/timt/time/
12:46 magnuse oha++
12:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:57 nengard_ joined #koha
12:58 Joubu oha: maybe the 2 prefs DumpTemplateVars*
12:59 atheia joined #koha
13:00 JoshB joined #koha
13:00 cait1 meeting time?
13:00 wahanui mmm meat
13:00 kmlussier joined #koha
13:00 kidclamp eating time?
13:01 Joubu morning time
13:01 JoshB left #koha
13:01 atheia Wheeeeee! I'm on time for the meeting!
13:01 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017
13:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Apr 26 13:01:41 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_26_april_2017'
13:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
13:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions, USA
13:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:02 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:02 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe, Belgium
13:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:02 caboose #info, Michael Cabus, ByWater Solutions, USA (Princeton NJ)
13:03 oha should i do the same? :)
13:04 Joubu yes
13:04 kidclamp yes please oha
13:04 Joubu jajm: around?
13:04 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:04 oha #info Francesco Rivetti
13:04 jajm Joubu, yep
13:04 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
13:05 mveron #info Marc Véron, Koha Support Schweiz, www.koha-support.ch
13:05 Joubu alex_a, blou, fridolin1, francharb, LibraryClaire, nlegrand?
13:05 petter #info Petter G. Åsen, Oslo public library
13:05 Joubu fredericd:?
13:05 LibraryClaire ^
13:05 Joubu I am going to create a list of people to ping 5min before the min...
13:05 Joubu LibraryClaire: Hi! :)
13:05 LibraryClaire hi ;)
13:06 alex_a #info Alex Arnaud, Biblibre
13:06 kidclamp Joubu: we (bywater) all have alerts set for groups, heydevs, heysales, etc - maybe we could have people opt in for shouts in here?
13:06 NateC you rang?
13:06 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:07 jajm Joubu, an automatic ping before the meetings would be great :) I add an alert to google calendar, but that's not enough
13:07 Joubu kidclamp: may work yes
13:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:07 cait1 maybe a claendar one could subscribe to?
13:08 cait1 not sure where we could put it, but it might help
13:08 josef_moravec joined #koha
13:09 kidclamp can huginn or wahanui be set to ping us on a schedule?
13:09 tcohen #info Tomás Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:09 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal library Usti nad Orlici
13:09 kidclamp full house
13:09 kidclamp any announcements from anyone?
13:10 tcohen Elasticsearch in Kohadevbox
13:10 Joubu I may submit a RM proposal in the next few days
13:10 tcohen #info Elasticsearch 1.x support in kohadevbox has been removed, and the default it is now to install ES 5.x
13:11 oleonard Joubu++
13:11 kidclamp bug 18434
13:11 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18434 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Elasticsearch indexing broken with newer catmandu version
13:11 magnuse tcohen++
13:11 kidclamp #info Jonathan is working on a RM proposal
13:12 cait1 Joubu++
13:12 atheia Joubu++
13:12 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY
13:12 oha RM?
13:12 wahanui RM is jcamins
13:12 atheia oha: Release Manager
13:12 wahanui Release Manager is probably at KohaCon
13:12 kidclamp RM= Release Manager
13:12 oha of course
13:13 kidclamp moving on
13:13 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (17.05)
13:13 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (17.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:13 oleonard wahanui: forget RM
13:13 wahanui oleonard: I forgot rm
13:14 kidclamp khall is not here - he plans to push all pqa enhancements before the slush so get those in now
13:14 kidclamp he sent out dates in his email and Joubu repeated
13:14 tcohen1 joined #koha
13:14 kidclamp May 5   - Feature Slush
13:14 kidclamp May 12 - Feature Freeze, String Freeze, 1st Draft of Release Notes
13:14 kidclamp May 19 - Release Beta, 2nd Draft of Release Notes
13:14 kidclamp May 26 - Final Release
13:14 kidclamp May 27 - Champagne!
13:15 kidclamp any comments?
13:15 ashimema Champagne on my Birthday... bonus ;)
13:15 Joubu I will certainly s/Champagne/Beers/
13:16 oleonard Maybe if you were old enough ashimema
13:16 cait1 forget RM
13:16 atheia So… we would really love to get stockrotation in this release, but that obviously depends on QA being good on it.
13:16 ashimema haha
13:16 atheia If we get it Signed Off before Feature Slush might that still work? what does community think? Not sure about the deadlines and what they mean?
13:17 Joubu nothing matching "stock" in the NQA queue
13:17 Joubu bug#?
13:17 francharb #info francharb, inlibro
13:17 francharb thanks Joubu for the reminder
13:17 atheia 11897 Joubu
13:17 Joubu atheia: I explained what means the deadling in my email from yesterday
13:17 Joubu bug 11897
13:17 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Failed QA , Stock Rotation for Koha
13:18 atheia Sorry — I must have missed that email somehow! (I blame my terrible cold!)
13:18 kidclamp moving on
13:18 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:19 kidclamp cait, jajm, mtj
13:19 cait1 ah sorry
13:19 cait1 ok, release 16.11.07 is done
13:19 jajm the next 3.22.x (3.22.21) release will probably be the last
13:19 cait1 makes sense
13:20 cait1 16.11.08 is planned for 22nd again, with string freeze a week before
13:20 oleonard jajm++
13:20 oleonard cait1++
13:20 cait1 i plan to push Hea2 patches soon
13:20 Joubu jajm: would be great to have hea v2 in it then
13:20 cait1 some tests on Jenkins are failing - still need some help with that
13:21 kidclamp #info 3.22.21 will be final 3.22 release
13:21 kidclamp #info 16.11.08 is planned for release on the 22nd
13:21 kidclamp #info hea2 is being considered for both
13:21 tcohen1 Joubu++
13:21 jajm Joubu, ok
13:22 cait1 https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Build/testReport/
13:22 cait1 #link https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Build/testReport/ failing tests on Jenkins for 16.11.x
13:22 kidclamp anything else?
13:22 wahanui anything else is, like, just being crap
13:23 oleonard wahanui you are full of sass
13:23 wahanui ...but wahanui is a bot|a repository of important and useful and accurate information or at least partially slow.|a little bit creepy.|right sometimes|a strange duck|a bot...|rumoured to be a sentient bot with sass|<reply> an extremely creepy stalker bot.... you have been warned|a parrot|<reply> wrong|<reply> on fire|<reply> gaining knowledge faster than sustainable|canadian|google|<reply> wahanui couldn't be bothered to show up|laser kiwi of the bo
13:23 kidclamp moving on :-)
13:23 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
13:23 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:23 kidclamp Joubu sent a good summary of things yesterday, please read his email
13:24 cait1 Joubu++
13:24 kidclamp #info read 'what's on in koha-devel 12' for a good update
13:24 barton Joubu++
13:25 kidclamp I still owe an email or wiki page on elastic and am working on that
13:26 atheia joubu++
13:26 cait1 kidclamp++
13:26 kidclamp but as tcohen mentioned it 5.x is built into kohadevbox and please ask if you have any troubles getting it going
13:26 ashimema Joubu++
13:26 kidclamp #action kidclamp is working on a summary/update of ES work
13:27 kidclamp #info atheia asks for SO/QA to look at bug 11897
13:27 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Failed QA , Stock Rotation for Koha
13:28 kidclamp we have 1 critical and 5 majors in the NQA queue
13:28 kidclamp anyone interested in joinin QA for the next release shoudl submit their names - there is plenty of low hanging fruit to train on
13:28 kidclamp so don't be afraid
13:29 kidclamp #info interested members please submit their names for QA for next release
13:29 kidclamp anything to add joubu, jajm, ashimema marcelr, tcohen , fridolin1
13:30 ashimema think you've nicely covered it there.. we need as much help as we can get
13:30 tcohen I'd like to add
13:30 tcohen that there are lots of REST api implementing bugs
13:31 ashimema also, don't feel afraid about not having enough time.. anything you can fit in helps
13:31 tcohen that lack QA for a lot of time
13:31 Joubu 5 people is not enough :)
13:31 tcohen I volunteer to help, but please bug owners, answer the questions!
13:32 kidclamp and signing off on QA teams patches (or offering cookies) is a good way to get your patches looked at :-)
13:32 ashimema many hands and all that
13:32 caboose I really want to do more QA so I can help
13:32 caboose *newbie, but wanting to be more skilled
13:33 kidclamp SO is also a really good place to start
13:33 wahanui okay, kidclamp.
13:33 kidclamp bah
13:33 * ashimema is always happy to try and help upskill people so that's another
13:33 Joubu kidclamp: it is the definition of corruption, right? :)
13:34 * barton may take ashimema up on that :-)
13:34 ashimema so yeah.. don't fell put off.. instead if your not confident about something just ask someone..
13:34 kidclamp #info the QA team wants to help you learn - so ask us questions and get involved
13:35 * ashimema knows he's been crap of late.. but I will always try to get back to people eventually ;)
13:35 ashimema :)
13:35 kidclamp ashimema++
13:35 barton I was thinking that maybe we could have a signoff-fest or something...
13:35 kidclamp wahanui: so
13:35 wahanui i think so is a really good place to start
13:35 barton a bit like a GBSD, but for sign offs.
13:35 kidclamp wahanui forget so
13:35 wahanui kidclamp: I forgot so
13:35 kidclamp GBSD is for sign offs :-)
13:36 fridolin1 sorry im underwarter
13:36 barton oh.
13:36 barton well.
13:36 kidclamp fridolin1 (blub blub)
13:36 barton shows you what I know ;-)
13:36 Joubu I think GBSD for bugfixes only, before the release would be great
13:36 ashimema +1 on that
13:37 barton I'm game :-)
13:37 kidclamp may 10th? same as next dev meeting?
13:37 caboose I'm game too!
13:37 kidclamp since we should all be around then?
13:37 atheia Yeah, cool idea!
13:37 ashimema works for me
13:37 cait1 is it not too late?
13:37 kidclamp if we just do bugs and not enhancments
13:38 cait1 ah ok
13:38 kidclamp and is early for next release
13:38 ashimema indeed.. make is 'bug only' then it should be solid
13:39 kidclamp #action GBSD - bugs only edition - May 10th to clean up for 17.05 release
13:39 Joubu There are not much bugs with patches attached, should be easy to make all them moved forward
13:39 cait1 kidclamp++ :)
13:40 kidclamp if there aren't enough maybe devs can patch some more :-)
13:40 Joubu count on me for that :p
13:40 cait1 would people be interested to have a doc writing event after the release?
13:40 Joubu I am going to focus on bugfixes for the next 2 weeks
13:41 kidclamp okay, I think we bled into next topic too
13:41 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:41 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:41 kidclamp #info Joubu is working on bug fixes for next two weeks, help is appreciated
13:41 francharb cait1, good idea!
13:41 paul_p_ joined #koha
13:41 atheia cait1: I think that's a good idea too.
13:41 kidclamp cait++
13:41 bapt_w joined #koha
13:41 ashimema cait1++
13:42 * cait1 wrote herself a reminder about that
13:42 ashimema I was thinking similar..
13:42 * ashimema still has some shibboleth docs to write :(
13:42 * magnuse has to leave
13:42 kidclamp #action cait wants to schedule a doc writing fest after GBSD
13:43 kidclamp #action cait wants to schedule a doc writing fest after the release that is
13:43 tcohen Joubu++
13:43 kidclamp any more topics? dont want to keep us all too long - there is a release on the way!
13:43 cait1 heh
13:44 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
13:44 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:44 oha we have needs to have a system to execute background jobs
13:44 oha and i know Joubu will need something as well like that
13:44 oha not sure if this is the right moment/place to talk about it tho
13:44 Joubu oha: I sent an email to dcook yesterday, he announced something about that 2 months ago
13:44 Joubu I'd like to know if he has something on the grill to submit
13:45 Joubu or if we should start our own from scratch
13:45 oha ok, count me in if in case
13:45 * ashimema uses Minion for background tasks.. fits lovely with Mojo
13:46 kidclamp #info joubu and oha looking at background jobs, trying to coordinate with dcook in case he has begun work
13:46 Joubu ashimema: any pointers are welcome
13:46 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ests_are_required guideline_proposal1
13:46 * ashimema willl go dig out the email and reply there
13:47 Joubu oha: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/043671.html
13:47 oha Joubu: thanks. ashimema great!
13:47 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_Koha::Exceptions guideline_proposal2
13:48 kidclamp marcelr is not around, but does anyone have comments or questions on these?
13:48 paul_p__ joined #koha
13:48 * ashimema is quickly reading those two
13:48 Joubu yes, something
13:48 wahanui something is fishy
13:49 baptiste joined #koha
13:49 ashimema I'm deffo happy with the first one
13:49 Joubu I am rewriting stuffs, and moving them to Koha, right?
13:49 Joubu I think that everybody is aware of that
13:49 kidclamp if you say so :-)
13:49 Joubu I submit tests when I move stuffs
13:49 Joubu so I do not think it is necessary to have people working on writing tests for C4
13:49 Joubu just signoff my patches...
13:49 kholt joined #koha
13:50 kidclamp hmm..but if they add to C4 does it not help you to have existing tests when moving?
13:50 cait1 hm even when something i changed in C4?
13:50 kidclamp I mean, I am happy to write less tests :-)
13:50 ashimema also happy with the move to Exceptions
13:50 josef_moravec Joubu++ that does make sense
13:50 * oha must go :(
13:50 cait1 ideally we shouldn't do that, but there might be bug fixes etc. with regression tests
13:50 Joubu maybe I did not understand what the guidelines says
13:51 kidclamp I think it's a good guideline with room for judgement calls on testing old code?
13:51 cait1 always feel better when there are tests when i push holds stuff for example :)
13:51 Joubu someone to resume?
13:51 ashimema I think it's mostly covered by `as well as for changes to existing routines (perhaps excluding very trivial edits)`
13:51 nengard_ joined #koha
13:51 kidclamp i.e. if someone doesn't add tests to C4 QA can judge whether to pass or fail
13:51 cait1 Unit tests must be provided for *ALL* new routines in modules, as well as for changes to existing routines ...
13:51 Joubu yes but... that is already the case for years now :)
13:52 Joubu ok, so nothing new. We are just writing down something that was missing
13:52 ashimema it's just good to have it in writing :)
13:52 cait1 yep
13:52 ashimema yup
13:52 ashimema pretty much
13:52 kidclamp yup
13:52 Joubu ok sorry then :)
13:52 cait1 good for new people and also to back up qa etc
13:53 * ashimema would also be tempted to somehow try and encourage documentation submissions along with the code submissions.
13:53 kidclamp #startvote Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL17? Yes,No
13:53 huginn` Begin voting on: Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL17? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
13:53 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
13:53 kidclamp #vote Yes
13:53 tcohen #vote Yes
13:53 ashimema sometimes I spend half the time QA'ing somthing trying to get my head around what it's actually meant to do.. it would really help everyone if new features had full documentation submitted as part of the bug
13:53 cait1 #vote Yes
13:53 Joubu #vote yes
13:53 barton #vote Yes
13:53 ashimema #vote Yes
13:54 atheia #vote Yes
13:54 mveron #vote Yes
13:54 josef_moravec #vote Yes
13:54 cait1 ashimema: ideally the test plans should help - but having help pages/manual patches would be great too
13:54 kidclamp glast call
13:54 atheia ashimema: if so, where would we stick the documentation? Because there is a separate process for koha docs submission no?
13:54 barton documentation++
13:54 kidclamp #endvote
13:54 huginn` Voted on "Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL17?" Results are
13:54 huginn` Yes (9): Joubu, cait1, josef_moravec, ashimema, atheia, barton, kidclamp, tcohen, mveron
13:55 kidclamp discussion on PERL26?
13:55 ashimema yeah.. test plans certainly help.. but sometimes it's more involved understanding the background of how to setup the test than it is to just run through the actual bit of the plan..
13:55 ashimema PERL26++ from me
13:55 cait we got a bit of a backlog with documenation right now - will have to catch up
13:55 ashimema indeed..  that's kinda my point cait ;)
13:55 cait I know :)
13:56 cait maybe soething for a meeting with rangi around
13:56 cait to see how we could make it work workflow-wise
13:56 atheia cait++
13:56 kidclamp #startvote  Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL26? Yes,No
13:56 * ashimema is generally trying to encourage documentation submissions with new work at ptfs-e these days
13:56 huginn` Begin voting on: Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL26? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
13:56 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
13:56 Joubu we need an example module for exception. We do not have much things using it pushed
13:56 atheia #vote Yes
13:56 Joubu #vote yes
13:56 ashimema #vote Yes
13:56 kidclamp #vote Yes
13:56 josef_moravec #vote yes
13:56 atheia The guideline suggests an example no?
13:56 barton #vote Yes
13:56 tcohen #vote Yes
13:56 cait #vote yes
13:56 atheia (I didn't look at the example yet though)
13:57 kidclamp last call
13:57 kidclamp #endvote
13:57 huginn` Voted on "Should we accept the proposed changes to guideline PERL26?" Results are
13:57 huginn` Yes (8): Joubu, cait, josef_moravec, ashimema, atheia, barton, kidclamp, tcohen
13:57 kidclamp #info as people work on exceptions please add best examples to PERL26
13:57 Joubu there is no guideline for logging
13:58 Joubu atheia: yes indeed but the example is not the perfect example :)
13:58 Joubu and would be good to have a small piece of code on the wiki, instead of refering to the codebase
13:58 atheia Yeah, fair enough, that sounds sensible.
13:59 kidclamp #action marcelr please provide a code snippet for PERL26 if you have one :-)
13:59 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
13:59 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 April 2017)
13:59 * ashimema is slightly upset that there's no POD in Koha::Exceptions :(
14:00 ashimema even if it just told you to go read the POD on Exception::Class
14:00 atheia Hey… should we be talking about the gender neutral language guideline proposal?
14:00 cait hm
14:00 cait https://perldoc.koha-community.org/
14:00 cait are we missing the newer versions there?
14:00 atheia Or is that somehow out of scope?
14:00 kidclamp May 10th, 21 UTC? NZ folks have had a hard time making meeting and that would help
14:00 cait sounds good to me
14:01 * ashimema doesn't see a gender neutral language proposal
14:01 Joubu not in the agenda
14:01 atheia ashimema: there was something on the mailing list.
14:01 cait hm yeah, but it was written
14:01 kidclamp bug 18432
14:01 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18432 trivial, P5 - low, ---, ephetteplace, Pushed to Master , Most code comments assume male gender
14:01 Joubu and the author does not seem around :)
14:01 cait i tihnk maybe not aware on how to add
14:02 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_Neutral_Pronouns
14:02 kidclamp so is a coding guideline proposal?
14:02 cait i'd say so - maybe we could find a better example later
14:02 atheia Yeah, I think that was the if I recall correctly.
14:02 kidclamp I think add to next meeting
14:02 cait ok
14:03 ashimema agreed..
14:03 atheia Sure.
14:03 ashimema there's also a proposal dating back to 2014 about formalising in a guidline that we use american english
14:03 kidclamp #action phette23 should add gender neutral pronouns proposal to coding guidleines for next meeting
14:03 * Joubu is happy that someone reads his test's descriptions
14:03 ashimema in the 'discussion' tab on the wiki
14:03 atheia ^^
14:04 paul_p__ joined #koha
14:04 baptiste joined #koha
14:04 kidclamp #info Next Meeting: May 10th 2017, 21 UTC
14:04 cait heh and i commented
14:04 kidclamp last call
14:04 cait +1
14:04 * Joubu would have spent more than 3sec to write it, if he had known...
14:05 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct - https://koha-community.org/abo[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use http://paste.koha-community.org for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
14:05 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Apr 26 14:05:23 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:05 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-26-13.01.html
14:05 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-04-26-13.01.txt
14:05 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]26-13.01.log.html
14:05 kidclamp thank you everyone!  that was a good meeting
14:05 cait kidclamp++
14:05 mveron kidclamp++
14:06 oleonard kidclamp++
14:06 atheia kidclamp++
14:06 LibraryClaire kidclamp++
14:07 josef_moravec kidclamp++
14:07 ashimema kidclamp++
14:07 josef_moravec later #koha
14:09 Joubu oleonard: around?
14:09 oleonard Yes
14:10 Joubu bug 18462 and bug 17942
14:10 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Implemented bootstrap styling on the web installer and onboarding tool
14:10 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17942 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, BLOCKED , Update style of the web installer with Bootstrap 3
14:10 Joubu there is something not clear at all, at least for me
14:11 Joubu Be care not to duplicate work, or work on an outdated code
14:11 Joubu the base should be bug 17855
14:11 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , New onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha, and minor web installer UI improvements
14:11 Joubu just notice it, just in case...
14:12 oleonard Alex created Bug 18462 and copied the work from 17942. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm doing some cleanup to make sure it's up to date.
14:13 oleonard I'll have a follow-up patch for it today
14:13 cait oleonard++
14:13 misilot joined #koha
14:13 Joubu oleonard: It would be awesome to have it for 17.05 :)
14:14 oleonard I think so too!
14:32 nengard joined #koha
15:01 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:09 fridolin1 left #koha
15:13 jac joined #koha
15:18 baptiste joined #koha
15:27 reiveune bye
15:27 reiveune left #koha
15:41 jbeno_away joined #koha
16:16 rocio joined #koha
16:31 oleonard I added my follow-up to Bug 18462. It's all template stuff, so I hope it can be tested easily.
16:31 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Implemented bootstrap styling on the web installer and onboarding tool
16:53 oleonard Bug 11897 doesn't apply anymore :(
16:53 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11897 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.sassmannshausen, Patch doesn't apply , Stock Rotation for Koha
17:55 JoshB joined #koha
17:55 JoshB left #koha
18:02 JoshB joined #koha
18:04 magnuse i have some old code that does $data = &GetBiblioData($biblionumber); and then $data->{'marcxml'}; to get the marcxml. what's the new best practice for doing that after marcxml was moved?
18:05 magnuse ah GetXmlBiblio
18:22 Joubu indeed
18:28 Joubu rangi: I've just sent you a PR for koha-dashboard
19:00 oleonard bye all
19:27 cait joined #koha
19:38 liv_ong joined #koha
19:38 liv_ong I'm in need of speeding up koha
19:39 liv_ong I have nearly three hundred thousands records, and the search engine begins to lag
19:39 liv_ong how could I optimize search times?
19:40 kellym_ joined #koha
19:43 cait hi liv_ong
19:43 cait not sure how many people are around - bit late for europe too early for nz
19:43 cait maybe try to ask your question on the mailing list or try the chat at another time
19:48 Joubu liv_ong: Koha version? Are you using plack & memcached correctly configured?
19:48 Joubu search engine lags? What do you mean?
19:51 rangi 300,000 shouldn't be a problem we have libraries much larger than that
19:51 rangi Joubu: looking now
19:54 jzairo joined #koha
19:58 cait hm koha facets can be slow
19:59 cait well zebra facets actually
19:59 cait deactivating that sped up search in some cases for us
20:06 rangi khall_away: commit 8c3fc47338fed6c35ea21a6524d6c1a109861ebf  can you take a look at that, can we fix the author lines on commits like that please?
20:08 rangi im 99% sure that was alex from biblibre, but we (all of us) should have failed qa on that having a dodgy author in patch
20:08 Joubu oops, now 19 majors!
20:08 rangi Author: = <=>
20:10 rangi Joubu++ #rm proposal
20:10 cait ?
20:11 rangi cait: look at that commit id i just posted to kyle
20:12 cait ah
20:12 rangi something for QA, RM, etc to keep in mind, we should not let commits go in like that, when we can git commit --amend --author=
20:12 rangi etc
20:12 cait subject line is wrong too
20:12 rangi *nod*
20:12 cait not sure if that works with the release script
20:12 cait it might
20:13 rangi I think we need to make fixing the wiki for 17.11 too
20:13 cait probably catches lots of variations by now
20:13 cait oh yes please
20:15 Joubu rangi: I do not think it's possible to edit in the git repo, that will rewrite the commit (commitid will change)
20:15 rangi Get rid of CGI emulation and move to a Plack app  <-- big goal, but a great one, will remove so many
20:16 Joubu we will need to force pushed, what we do not want :)
20:16 rangi Joubu: yes not possible now, but i was meaning we should always check and fix before pushing
20:16 rangi because now its there forever
20:16 Joubu note that none of the items are in my goals, there are just examples
20:16 rangi yep
20:16 Joubu they*
20:17 rangi i think the cgi emulation will have to be done over multiple releases
20:17 rangi and probably path by path
20:17 rangi ie /admin/ -> straight plack
20:18 cait what kind of changes are needed for htat?
20:18 rangi /tools/ -> still cgi emulation
20:18 rangi cait: the scripts themselves need to be converted from cgi ones, to plack ones
20:19 cait can you explain a bit more?
20:19 rangi http://advent.plackperl.org/20[…]apps-to-psgi.html
20:19 rangi is one way to do it
20:19 rangi there are others
20:21 cait thx!
20:24 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
20:35 Joubu bye #koha
20:35 liv_ong Joubu: cait: thanks for answering, I'm not sure about plack and memcache, how do I enable it?
20:39 cait how did you install koha?
20:48 liv_ong cait: but this system was managed until yesterday
20:49 liv_ong cait: so I don't know
20:49 liv_ong cait: by another person*
20:50 cait which version?
20:50 wahanui which version is probably recommended?
20:51 wizzyrea hi
20:51 wahanui hello, wizzyrea
20:52 cait liv_ong: check the about page
20:52 cait it has lots of important information
20:52 cait gives you your installed version
20:52 cait information about packages that might be missing
20:52 cait and systemm information can show helpful information about missing/wrong configuration server side
20:53 liv_ong cait: will do and report back
20:59 liv_ong another question cait , how could optimize search engine for koha(SEO)?
21:00 cait do yo umean in order to have your koha indexed by search engines like google?
21:02 cait hm no tcohen
21:02 liv_ong cait: exactly
21:04 tcohen joined #koha
21:06 caboose joined #koha
21:07 caboose joined #koha
21:08 NateC joined #koha
21:16 NateC joined #koha
21:48 kellym-bbiab left #koha
22:41 kellym joined #koha
22:43 caboose-afk joined #koha
22:55 Francesca joined #koha
23:07 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:29 caboose-afk joined #koha
23:38 Francesca joined #koha
23:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
23:51 kathryn joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary