IRC log for #koha, 2016-12-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 Francesca joined #koha
00:33 rangi karma for bobb
00:34 wahanui bobb has karma of 22
00:34 rangi bobb++
00:44 StomproJ joined #koha
01:19 Francesca joined #koha
02:24 Francesca joined #koha
02:31 Francesca joined #koha
03:00 rocio joined #koha
03:29 rocio1 joined #koha
05:49 sameeenz joined #koha
05:49 sameeenz Evening fam.
06:36 cait joined #koha
07:12 d_antonakis joined #koha
07:13 * magnuse waves
07:19 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:19 LibraryClaire morning #koha
07:21 * cait waves
07:32 reiveune joined #koha
07:33 reiveune hello
07:33 jajm hello
07:33 wahanui que tal, jajm
07:34 LibraryClaire hi reiveune, hi jajm
07:34 * LibraryClaire waves to cait
07:34 cait bbiab
07:40 alex_a joined #koha
07:42 sophie_m hello
07:42 wahanui hello, sophie_m
07:43 alex_a bonjour
07:45 drojf joined #koha
07:45 drojf morning #koha
07:46 drojf @later tell tcohen what version on what os? is there a bug for it?
07:46 huginn drojf: The operation succeeded.
07:49 Francesca joined #koha
07:58 LibraryClaire morgen drojf
08:03 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:18 alex_a joined #koha
08:19 sameeenz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcT3z2lcmU
08:19 sameeenz lols.
08:24 gveranis joined #koha
08:35 fridolin joined #koha
08:35 fridolin hiethere
08:38 sameeenz hi fridolin
08:38 sameeenz what's going down?
08:40 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
08:53 magnuse meeting in about 4 hours, right?
08:56 josef_moravec_ magnuse: i think so ;)
08:57 Francesca joined #koha
08:58 magnuse yes https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_14_December_2016
09:04 eythian @wunder jordaan, ams
09:04 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Ten Kateplein, Amsterdam, Netherlands is 10.3°C (10:02 AM CET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Fog. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
09:05 alex_a joined #koha
09:05 eythian fog sure is right
09:05 LibraryClaire @wunder konstanz
09:05 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in Mainaustraße, Konstanz, Germany is 3.9°C (10:02 AM CET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady).
09:07 rangi @later tell mtj theres an atomicupdate still in 16.05.x (in the 16.05.06 release) http://git.koha-community.org/[…]79fc8e7d8e4088918 this should be shifted to updatedatabase.pl
09:07 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
09:11 wilfrid joined #koha
09:17 AndrewIsh morning #koha
09:21 magnuse hiya AndrewIsh
09:22 magnuse @wunder enbo
09:22 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 7.0°C (10:00 AM CET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.03 in 1017 hPa (Rising).
09:22 magnuse spring is here!
09:22 AndrewIsh magnuse:  hi! wow, that's faaar to mild for mid-December
09:22 AndrewIsh s/to/too
09:23 magnuse so it is
09:23 AndrewIsh @wunder machynlleth
09:23 huginn AndrewIsh: The current temperature in Machynlleth, Machynlleth, United Kingdom is 8.0°C (9:23 AM GMT on December 14, 2016). Conditions: . Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.96 in 1014.4 hPa (Steady).
09:24 AndrewIsh hmmm, too mild here too!
09:24 josef_moravec_ @wunder Prague
09:24 huginn josef_moravec_: Error: No such location could be found.
09:24 AndrewIsh oh no, who stole prague?!
09:24 magnuse we had perfect winter weather this last weekend. -5, bit of snow. now it's kust grey and wet
09:24 josef_moravec_ @wunder Prague, Czech Republic
09:24 huginn josef_moravec_: The current temperature in Praha / Ruzyne, Czech Republic is 3.0°C (10:00 AM CET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.25 in 1024 hPa (Rising).
09:25 josef_moravec_ AndrewIsh: probably too much Pragues ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[…]_(disambiguation)
09:26 josef_moravec_ @wunder Usti nad Orlici
09:26 huginn josef_moravec_: The current temperature in Dlouha Trebova, Dlouhá TÅ™ebová, Czech Republic is -0.5°C (10:25 AM CET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
09:26 AndrewIsh oooh, that sounds lovely magnuse, we've only had a few days of properly cold weather so far this year, i'm holding out hope though. our last few winters have been mild and damp, no snow at all last year, apart from on the mountains, not fun :(
09:27 d_antonakis @wunder Athens, Greece
09:27 huginn d_antonakis: The current temperature in SV1JST, Glyfada, Greece is 9.1°C (11:27 AM EET on December 14, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 49%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Falling).
09:33 mtj rangi, oops, thanks for that, i'll fix now
09:39 gveranis_ joined #koha
09:43 irma joined #koha
09:47 alex_a joined #koha
10:08 cait joined #koha
10:26 paul_p joined #koha
10:29 fridolin left #koha
10:34 gveranis_ hi paul
10:34 gveranis_ hi paul_p
10:35 paul_p hi gveranis_ !
10:36 gveranis_ Do you have today developer meeting ?
10:37 kidclamp joined #koha
10:38 Joubu gveranis_: yes, 13 utc
10:38 fridolin joined #koha
10:52 * mtj waves to Joubu, gveranis_, paul_p :0)
10:55 mtj drojf, have you thought about creating 16.11 and 16.05 release pockets?
10:55 drojf mtj: yes, i have
10:56 mtj cool, i thought you might have :p
10:56 drojf mtj: i will clean the repos from old dependencies we don't need anymore and want to have a way to stay on a certain version too while i do that
10:57 mtj yes, exactly ^
10:59 mtj thanks for reminding me about bug 15200 too
10:59 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15200 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Master , t/Creators.t fails when using build-git-snapshot
11:01 drojf i will add you to package related bugs when i find them
11:01 drojf it has been a bit chaotic last term and i had to do a bit of post production for many releases, i'd like to change that this term
11:05 cait drojf: will you let me know if you need something in 16.11 for packages?
11:05 cait gveranis_:  in 2 hours i think
11:05 drojf cait: yes. i added you to the control file bug already
11:06 mtj drojf:  could we rename bz17111 to  s/oldstable/16.05/' perhaps?
11:06 cait yeah not sure i get it :) but hope you will wave and scream if i forget something
11:07 gveranis_ cait: yes I converted , thanks
11:08 drojf mtj: i don't see why not
11:10 mtj ok done :)  Bug 17111 - Automatic debian/control updates (oldstable/16.05.x)
11:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17111 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, ASSIGNED , Automatic debian/control updates (oldstable/16.05.x)
11:12 drojf mtj: i think what was on there now went in via another bug at some point. i have to fix the nightlies so i can make them do automatic patches again
11:18 drojf later #koha
11:33 taz joined #koha
11:35 taz i am trying to migrate to newer version of koha and have backup which i dont know from which version backup is after upgrade to 3.20 when i carry out search and click on a particular record it throws error as "DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Unknown column 'me.constrainttype' in 'field list' at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Reserves.pm" how to sort out this error
11:37 Joubu taz: Are you using the latest, 3.20.15?
11:37 taz no
11:37 taz 3.20
11:38 taz 3.20.2
11:39 Stompro joined #koha
11:39 Joubu taz: you must use the latest of the 3.20.x. Keep in mind that this branch is no longer maintain and it would be better to upgrade to 16.05 or 16.11
11:39 taz k
11:40 taz tx
12:04 marcelr joined #koha
12:04 marcelr hi #koha
12:07 eythian hi marcelr
12:08 benjamin joined #koha
12:08 rsantellan joined #koha
12:08 marcelr eythian:
12:08 rsantellan good morning #koha
12:08 marcelr hi rsantellan
12:09 petter joined #koha
12:09 rsantellan hi marcelr
12:21 drojf joined #koha
12:27 tcohen joined #koha
12:34 tcohen morning
12:46 oleonard joined #koha
12:47 meliss joined #koha
12:47 NateC joined #koha
12:48 LibraryClaire hey tcohen
12:50 oleonard Hi all
12:51 cc_ joined #koha
12:51 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:51 wahanui hi oleopard
12:51 LibraryClaire wahanui: botsnack
12:51 wahanui :)
12:52 josef_moravec__ joined #koha
12:52 kidclamp morning #koha
12:52 * LibraryClaire tries to train the bot
12:53 LibraryClaire hey kidclamp
12:53 wahanui kidclamp is, like, rockin the stache
12:53 cait LibraryClaire:++ :)
12:53 tcohen hi kidclamp!
12:53 kidclamp hiya tcohen
12:54 kidclamp and LibraryClaire and cait and oleopard, et al.
12:55 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
12:56 khall mornin all!
12:56 tcohen hey khall
12:58 LibraryClaire hi khall
12:58 khall hi LibraryClaire!
13:00 cait kidclamp: are you chaiing the meeting?
13:00 kidclamp I yam
13:00 cait cool
13:00 kidclamp lets do it then :-)
13:00 khall lol
13:01 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016
13:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec 14 13:01:09 2016 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_december_2016'
13:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
13:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:01 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:01 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
13:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:01 josef_moravec_ #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
13:01 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe Ltd
13:01 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:01 d_antonakis #info Dimitris Antonakis, Athens, Greece
13:02 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
13:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:03 kidclamp last call
13:03 petter #info Petter Åsen, Oslo Public Library, Norway
13:03 AndrewIsh #info Andrew Isherwood, PTFS Europe Ltd
13:03 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:03 alex_a joined #koha
13:04 gveranis_ #info George Veranis Thessaloniki, Greece
13:04 kidclamp Mr. RM? anything form you
13:04 khall I'm starting to push enhancements to master again
13:04 khall that is all ; )
13:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke
13:04 kidclamp light meeting so anyone feel free to add their thoughts :-)
13:05 khall this is a judgement free zone ; )
13:05 tcohen i wanted to ask
13:05 tcohen what is the status of the Koha::Patron implementation? we are waiting for it to complete the REST endpoint
13:05 tcohen is it something that will be pushed with some priority?
13:06 Joubu things are waiting for QA and push
13:06 Joubu I plan to continue the rewrite, but I need stuffs to move forward, otherwise it's to painful to maintain up-to-date
13:06 tcohen there's one bug that it is not easy to test, the GetBorrowersWithEmail one
13:06 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=16846
13:06 kidclamp bug numbers?
13:06 tcohen it is trivial that it works
13:07 marcelr :)
13:07 Joubu so "green" are not really green as they need to be rebased (status=blocked)
13:07 tcohen but the test plan includes PKI authentication and something else
13:07 Joubu bug 17554
13:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move GetBorrowersWithEmail to Koha::Patron
13:08 kidclamp #info Koha Patron bugs should be helped along
13:08 Joubu tcohen: I can resubmit a test plan without that part if you like :D
13:08 kidclamp #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=16846 Dependencies and progress
13:08 drojf why does it say persona needs to be tested, isn't that dead?
13:08 kidclamp #link http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17554 Bug 17554
13:08 khall I had thought the same thing
13:08 huginn Bug 17554: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move GetBorrowersWithEmail to Koha::Patron
13:08 oleonard it shouldn't be broken before we officially remove it though should it?
13:09 khall It will be shut down in December 2016
13:09 josef_moravec_ bug 17486
13:09 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17486 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Remove 'Mozilla Persona' as an authentication method
13:09 barton #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville, KY, USA
13:09 drojf "Mozilla announced in January 2016 plans to decommission the service by the end of the year."
13:09 drojf i don't think we can keep it working when mozilla kills it
13:10 oleonard I just mean we should work to remove it before Mozilla kills it dead, rather than just let it break by Mozilla's hand or ours.
13:10 Joubu I can take it (the drop) and rebase the other one on top
13:10 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:11 kidclamp #action Joubu will remove Mozilla Persona and rebase his work on top
13:12 kidclamp moving on if no more here
13:12 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
13:12 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:13 kidclamp nothing in the agenda but floor is open for anyone
13:13 Joubu ok, so, I need help on QA
13:14 marcelr this is about coding guidlines?
13:14 barton I'd like to talk a bit about documentation...
13:14 Joubu as usual, but the queue is growing too fast, I cannot maintain it alone (and don't want to)
13:14 barton developer documentation, that is...
13:14 kidclamp if noc doing guidelines we can jump to general discussion for both of these
13:14 kidclamp no coding
13:15 kidclamp cait still here?
13:15 khall sounds good. let's start with the qa queue and then go to developer documentation
13:15 gveranis_ yes developer documentation could be useful
13:15 khall 63 bugs in signed off queue atm
13:15 kidclamp okay jumping 16.11 to gen disc.
13:15 LibraryClaire cait is currentlly AFK
13:15 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:15 kidclamp #info The QA queue is growing and Joubu needs help
13:16 marcelr did you mean that , Joubu?
13:16 kidclamp in maintaining the queue
13:16 Joubu yes that's enough, nothing more to do about that
13:16 AndrewIsh pinging ashimema
13:16 Joubu I pingued the QAers last week, but no answers
13:16 tcohen I try to QA some stuff, but have a growing backlog on my side too
13:17 khall Joubu: do you now have push rights to the master branch?
13:17 Joubu yes I think so
13:17 kidclamp same boat here, working on what I can, if directed to any specific bug I am happy to make time but general QA sometimes gets missed
13:18 khall I will try to pitch in on qa. I would appreciate it if you could push anything I pass, just as a sanity check
13:18 Joubu khall: yep!
13:18 khall excellent, thanks!
13:19 kidclamp I plan on testing bug 17196 in the next few days
13:19 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17196 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move marcxml out of the biblioitems table
13:20 Joubu 2 QAs would not be superfluous
13:20 kidclamp agreed :-)
13:20 tcohen I will QA it too
13:21 kidclamp #action kidclamp and tcohen will be looking at bug 17196
13:21 kidclamp I think the floor is yours barton
13:21 tcohen after barton, I'd like to highlight something
13:22 barton kk.
13:22 kidclamp and I added something to the agenda after that :-)
13:22 janPasi joined #koha
13:23 barton I'd like to suggest that we make lack of developer documentation, e.g. POD, something that is an automatic failure in QA.
13:23 marcelr we normally should do that already?
13:23 barton I hate to put more work on the QA team, but I also hate not having documentation for everything.
13:24 kidclamp this came up in the last meeting on November 9th
13:24 Joubu it's already what we do I think
13:24 kidclamp is there a coding guideline?
13:24 Joubu but when the code is self-explanatory, it's not necessary useful to add pod
13:25 Joubu sub get_holds # well, it returns holds you know
13:25 Joubu barton: do you have something specific in mind?
13:25 marcelr perl13
13:25 tcohen it should be documented that it returns an array of Koha::Hold objects, though
13:25 tcohen :-P
13:25 marcelr existing rule
13:25 cc_ we should stress if an interface changes the change should update existing pod doc
13:26 nengard joined #koha
13:26 eythian https://perldoc.koha-community.org/ keep in mind it goes here too, so the code may not be immediately visible.
13:26 barton Joubu: I found that a lot of the Koha::Objects don't have any...
13:26 kidclamp #info POD coverage should be checked during QA per coding guideline PERL13
13:28 kidclamp #link https://perldoc.koha-community.org/ In perldoc even simple code could benefit form POD
13:28 edveal joined #koha
13:28 kidclamp it was proposed to add POD coverage to the QA script, but I don't know fi there was consensus
13:29 tcohen i think a minimal POD should be required on QA
13:29 barton Ok, so here's part of my quandry ...
13:29 tcohen at least the type of the stuff that is returned
13:29 marcelr harder is writing that for an interface change as mentioned by cc_
13:29 Joubu so we need to decide what we want in our POD...
13:30 alex_a joined #koha
13:30 barton I think that there are a lot of times when the grandfather clause is used when something isn't documented...
13:30 Joubu I don't think PERL13 is applied appart from SearchSuggestion
13:30 tcohen I'd say the type for params and return values is the minimum we should require
13:30 barton a small change is made to a module that doesn't have much documentation...
13:31 barton ^^ I'm with tcohen there.
13:32 tcohen can we decide or should we schedule this for another meeting?
13:32 marcelr decide: just add this to perl13
13:32 barton tcohen: I'm fine with tabeling the discussion; I'll try and come up with some better examples.
13:33 khall I'd be interested to know what Perl Best Practices has to say on it, if anything
13:33 Joubu I think we need a volunteer to write the POD for existing methods
13:33 marcelr and be pragmatical
13:33 khall I know there is a full chapter on documentation
13:33 Joubu to have good examples of what we are expecting
13:33 barton Ok, I'll volounteer for writing POD.
13:33 khall yes, we need a template
13:33 oleonard So we wait and vote on a specific proposal?
13:34 * tcohen revisits his latest patches and finds incomplete PODs
13:34 Joubu barton: please don't be too verbose :)
13:34 kidclamp #action Barton volunteers to write POD for existing docs, brief POD
13:34 kidclamp anyone volunteer to work up the guidleline for POD going forward?
13:34 kidclamp and maybe send to the mailing list to vote next meeting?
13:35 barton Joubu: I don't have enough time to write a *lot* of POD ;-)
13:35 Joubu I think methods from Koha namespace should be quite easy to document as they are short and do not do lot of things
13:35 tcohen true
13:35 tcohen and are covered by functional tests
13:35 khall indeed
13:35 barton There are some things that could really use it though ... holds queue, search.pm...
13:36 tcohen forget about Search.pm please
13:36 marcelr rewrite it
13:36 kidclamp heh
13:36 tcohen yeah
13:36 cc_ we should adopt a recommended location for POD whether inline or after __END__
13:36 barton heh.
13:36 marcelr inline
13:36 khall cc_: it's all inline
13:36 tcohen inline
13:36 Joubu after :p
13:36 marcelr no Joubu
13:36 tcohen Joubu--
13:36 khall after is what PBP reccomends
13:36 Joubu I do not care about the doc when I can see the code
13:36 khall inline is all we do ; )
13:37 marcelr inline++
13:37 Joubu PBP++ :)
13:37 khall Joubu: I bet you can find a plugin for $editor that will collapse the pod ; )
13:37 eythian Joubu: if it's not inline, no one sees it and never updates it.
13:37 khall agreed
13:38 kidclamp alright folks...I will volunteer to send something to the mailing list to add to the coding guidelines and compile issues, so fight it out there
13:38 kidclamp #action kidclamp will send a call out to the list for POD guidelines and draft for a vote next meeting
13:39 tcohen is it my turn?
13:39 kidclamp your issue tcohen?
13:39 kidclamp yes
13:39 tcohen he
13:39 tcohen as this is a dev meeting
13:39 tcohen I'd like to share that I started to work on resurrecting bug 13757
13:39 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13757 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Make patron attributes editable in the opac if set to 'editable in OPAC'
13:40 tcohen the UI part was done on the bug, and so the CRUD for the opac_editable attribute for extended attributes
13:40 tcohen but work on borrower_modifications is missing (i.e. handling modification requests for extended attributes)
13:40 tcohen all this to say
13:40 tcohen that I got more into writing code using Koha::Object
13:41 tcohen trying to do a Koha::Object-ify as I touch stuff
13:41 tcohen aprroach
13:41 tcohen my first try on Koha::Object was bug 17755
13:41 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17755 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Introduce Koha::Patron::Attribute::Type(s)
13:41 tcohen a simple one
13:42 tcohen that had something in common with Koha::Patron::Category
13:42 tcohen it is constrained by library (formerly branch)
13:42 kidclamp #info tcohen is working on moving code to use Koha::Object
13:42 tcohen so i came up with Koha::Object::Limit::Library
13:43 tcohen which in conjunction with multiple inheritance, makes it easy to extend a Koha::Object to provide suche a constraint
13:43 tcohen I'd like other QAers opinions
13:43 tcohen on that specifically
13:43 marcelr should have a closer look first
13:43 tcohen yes
13:43 khall I like it!
13:43 Joubu Sounds ok to me
13:43 tcohen I don't expect you to do it now, just thought worth mentioning
13:44 tcohen and encourage you devs to give Koha::Object a try
13:44 tcohen because I was skeptical about it when I pushed it
13:44 marcelr uploads is in Koha;:Object too in the NSO queue
13:44 kidclamp #info QA and interested parties should look at  Koha::Object::Limit::Library on bug 17755
13:44 tcohen and now find it really handy and looking at Jonathan's work on moving stuff into using it
13:44 marcelr bug 17501
13:44 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17501 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Koha Objects for uploaded files
13:45 kidclamp #info see work on using Koha::Object for uploads on bug 17501
13:45 tcohen the code looks simple to read, fast to develop
13:45 oleonard Joubu++
13:45 tcohen it really improved my dev workflow
13:45 oleonard tcohen++
13:46 tcohen ok, that's it. I wanted to share that I like it :-D
13:46 Joubu yes it's very useful for now. Some stuffs are a bit "too much". We have too many objects. And some object's responsabilities are not correctly defined
13:46 marcelr tcohen++
13:46 tcohen and encourage people to look at the ideas behind 17755
13:46 Joubu but we will be able to clean that a bit when we will have more code moved to the Koha ns
13:46 tcohen Joubu: I agree
13:46 marcelr some refactoring might create weird new methods in the Koha objects
13:47 Joubu marcelr: yes, that's why I start with easy ones
13:47 tcohen marcelr: Koha::Object::Limit::Library was a try to avoid that
13:48 kidclamp okay, I have a thing :-)
13:48 kidclamp I would like to propose turning on voting in Bugzilla
13:48 kidclamp https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/[…]/html/voting.html
13:48 tcohen +1
13:49 marcelr voting on what aspects?
13:49 kidclamp interest/importance generally
13:49 kidclamp I have been doing a number of talks with users who want to get involved
13:49 kidclamp they want an easy way to mark a bug as important to them, even if they can't comment on code or implementation
13:50 marcelr add to cc?
13:50 kidclamp the idea being that users can see what matters to other users and gain support for fundings
13:50 kidclamp and devs can see where work might benefit users
13:50 marcelr but i do not oppose
13:50 kidclamp adding to cc doesn't give us a count we can sort by
13:50 marcelr the number in the cc list?
13:50 kidclamp and honestly, they don't all want emails
13:50 kidclamp I don't think we can search/report that marcelr
13:51 kidclamp the worst consequence I see would be a feature we ignore
13:51 * Joubu is gonna create several bz accounts to vote for his own bugs
13:51 kidclamp heh
13:51 kidclamp Joubu had an extra bowl of sass today
13:52 kidclamp #info kidclamp proposes to add voting to Bigzilla
13:52 kidclamp #link https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/[…]/html/voting.html Bugzilla voting
13:52 barton s/Bigzilla/Bugzilla/
13:53 Joubu I don't think will get more involvement with that, but we can try
13:53 kidclamp if there is opposition I will talk to whoever maintains bugzilla
13:53 drojf will that lead to people complaining that stuff they voted on is not magically happening?
13:53 tcohen +1 # it won't hurt anyway, should be announced so people use it
13:53 kidclamp if they complain and comment at least they are involved drojf :-)
13:53 khall drojf: I think the idea is to bring awareness to things everyone wants but think only they want
13:53 khall and by knowing each other, they can group sponsor work
13:54 marcelr +1 # just try
13:54 barton +1
13:54 drojf in a magical world where they have money to sponsor :)
13:54 drojf +1 # sure why not
13:54 kidclamp hooray! thanks guys
13:55 marcelr is it on now? kidclamp ?
13:55 marcelr lol
13:55 kidclamp hah, I think I have to ping rangi, I think catalyst maintains bz
13:55 khall drojf: power in numbers, just had a development sponsored by 30 something libraries pitching in very small amounts
13:55 khall +1 from me as well
13:56 marcelr kidclamp: yes, better do it via rangi
13:56 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
13:56 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
13:56 drojf khall: nice!
13:56 kidclamp anything more to add?  I think we covered it in discussion
13:56 Joubu yes just
13:57 Joubu not QA related
13:57 kidclamp :-)
13:57 Joubu but ldap seems broken under plack
13:57 kidclamp possibly shib/SAML too
13:57 Joubu on the general Koha ML
13:57 Joubu I quickly looked at the code C4/Auth_with_ldap
13:57 Joubu and it has wrong var scope
13:58 Joubu someone knowing this part of code should get a look
13:58 ashimema I can varify shib is broken under plack
13:58 Joubu it may be easy to fix
13:58 ashimema and I have a plan to fix it.. when I get a moment
13:58 ashimema ldap I wasn't aware of being broken.
13:58 * kidclamp hands ashimema all of his round tuits
13:58 cait edi libary ean is broken too
13:59 cait you can't add any
13:59 khall ashimema++
13:59 ashimema shib is a case of switching from env variables to request headers
13:59 cait qa is no longer my topic, but from rmaint's point of vie
13:59 cait w
13:59 kidclamp we have ldap working under plack in 3.22 in at least one instance
13:59 khall cait: is there a bug number for that? I'd be happy to fix it
13:59 cait yes of course
13:59 cait there are lots of open bug reports waiting for patches - please also take a look at those. I am going to call string freeze tomorrow and then release on 22nd
13:59 cait it would be really good if dev coudl take a look at the blocker - major ones recently filed
14:00 cait bug 17692
14:00 kidclamp #info LDAP and shib may not be entirely plack safe
14:00 talljoy joined #koha
14:00 cait bug 17764 is evil too
14:00 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17764 critical, P2, ---, oleonard, NEW , OPAC search fails when lost items are in the result set and there is no logged in user
14:00 kidclamp #topic Progress on next release (16.11)
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Progress on next release (16.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
14:00 cait OPAC search fails when lost items are in the result set and there is no logged in user
14:00 kidclamp #info there are lots of open bug reports waiting for patches - please also take a look at those
14:00 kidclamp #info string freeze on the 22nd
14:01 Joubu 17764 is for me
14:01 cait it would be great if we could still get those into 16.11.1
14:01 * oleonard runs off to an irl meeting
14:01 kidclamp #info bug 17692 and bug 17764 are high priority for 16.11.1
14:01 * ashimema apologises for having missed most of this meeting.. feeling rough so went back to bed and slept through the alarm
14:01 kidclamp oleonard++
14:01 cait ther are more, those i remembered off the top of my head
14:02 marcelr any relation with bug 17502
14:02 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17502 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Resolve internal server error on 0000-00-00 (with Plack)
14:02 edveal joined #koha
14:02 marcelr also a failing search
14:02 Joubu cait: could you send me the list, if you have one?
14:02 kidclamp anything more cait?
14:03 cait i can try and create one - maybe by tomorrow?
14:03 cait there is also a fixme now search on bugzilla
14:03 cait that cvould be helpful
14:03 kidclamp #action cait will compile a list of bugs wanted/needed for 16.11.1
14:03 cait hm where could we put those so it's not just me?
14:04 kidclamp send to koha/koha-devel
14:04 cait also some problems with mulitple holds and sip i think
14:04 cait there is always lots of bugs - so please don't hit me if i miss an important one
14:05 kidclamp #info don't hit cait
14:05 cait i will check what i held back i my inbox - but can't go look through all of bugzilla
14:05 Joubu bug 17775
14:05 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17775 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add new user with LDAP not works under Plack
14:05 cait yeah, some evil plack things around
14:05 marcelr cait: 17502
14:05 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 14 December 2016)
14:06 kidclamp I am proposing something around 20UTC according to survey until someone has a better method/time
14:07 barton +1
14:07 kidclamp January 11, 20UTC?
14:07 tcohen we should have 2 dev meetings a month
14:07 Joubu Wed
14:07 tcohen brief ones
14:08 marcelr this was a good time btw
14:08 barton agreed.
14:08 kidclamp agreed, this time was nice
14:08 kidclamp tcohen - I am all for it if somone else will chair the second meeting
14:08 * tcohen volunteers
14:09 kidclamp but keeping meeting short is harder than I thought :-)
14:09 tcohen I'll ask for help if i cannot attend
14:09 tcohen true
14:09 marcelr kidclamp++
14:09 kidclamp #action tcohen proposes to hold a second dev meeting - he will chair
14:09 kidclamp do you want to set a time now tcohen, 2 weeks or so? or wait until January to being?
14:10 kidclamp begin
14:10 tcohen wait until january, because end of the year is complicated for everyone
14:10 kidclamp sounds good
14:10 kidclamp #info next meeting 11 January 2016, 20 UTC
14:11 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct - https://koha-community.org/abo[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use http://paste.koha-community.org for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
14:11 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec 14 14:11:02 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:11 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-14-13.01.html
14:11 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-12-14-13.01.txt
14:11 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]14-13.01.log.html
14:11 kidclamp Thanks all!
14:11 LibraryClaire kidclamp++
14:11 kmlussier joined #koha
14:11 tcohen kidclamp++
14:11 Joubu thanks kidclamp
14:11 khall later all!
14:11 gveranis_ bye all
14:11 gveranis_ left #koha
14:14 Joubu What was the plack + shib + ldap bug?
14:14 Joubu Was there one?
14:15 tcohen 177
14:15 tcohen 17775
14:15 cait marcelr. I will check the logs for bug numbers
14:16 Joubu no another one
14:19 ashimema there isn't a shib bug yet Joubu.. I only verified or myself that it was broken today ;)
14:21 ashimema there is now 17776
14:22 ashimema I fixed the exact same issue in other apps.. it's just a case of getting me head back around how the koha implimentation works ;)
14:22 tcohen ashimema: do u plan to write a Plack::Middleware? or just put an if plack and handle the headers in the code?
14:22 tcohen :D
14:28 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:28 oleonard Anyone sign me up for anything while I was gone?
14:28 marcelr only rewrite Search.pm, oleonard
14:29 tcohen oleonard: yes, go learn React and re-implement the OPAC with it. We'll implement the needed RESTful endpoints as you require them
14:29 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
14:29 oleonard tcohen: Oh is that all?
14:30 * oleonard has a couple of hours before lunch
14:30 josef_moravec_ oleonard: bug 16239 ;)
14:30 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16239 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, Needs Signoff , Upgrade Bootstrap in the staff client
14:30 josef_moravec_ oleonard: sorry to be so annoying with this...
14:30 oleonard I know josef_moravec_! You should continue to bug me because I need reminding.
14:31 * oleonard has been distracted while learning about Vagrant
14:31 oleonard Still fighting to get kohadevbox running on Windows :(
14:33 LibraryClaire oleonard: still no joy?
14:33 ashimema tcohen, I'm not sure yet
14:33 tcohen oleonard: did you manage to get the kohaclone dir contain the community repo?
14:34 ashimema tcohen, in the past when I've fixed it for other apps they'd made the decision to go fully persistent and stop supporting a non-persistent mode
14:35 ashimema so there was no need to maintain any environment based compatability.. so I just did it directly
14:35 * tcohen thinks we should just drop non-persistent support
14:35 oleonard You know what tcohen, looking at the error message again I may have messed something up in my configuration. Let me try something and report back.
14:35 ashimema the shibboleth folk claim that using headers is in theory a security concern and you should always prefer env's
14:35 ashimema but I can't see that many apps can actually do it that way anymore ;)
14:36 tcohen oleonard: it seems that you have SYNC_REPO set (otherwise it would have cloned the repo inside the box) and it is failing to mount it
14:37 ashimema tcohen++ #suggesting we ditch non-plack altogether
14:38 tcohen ashimema: there's a bunch of support companies involved in the community, I'm sure we have the work force to fix anything that would prevent it
14:38 tcohen it is just a matter of will
14:38 ashimema haha, indeed
14:39 tcohen i mean, c'mon, fixing a variable scoping issue? the most difficult part is finding the bug, and it will certaintly happen the more people use Plack
14:43 ashimema suggest it at the next community meeting and I'll back you ;)
14:43 tcohen ok
14:44 ashimema we're only just starting to go the plack route.. it would be good to have a kick to make sure we do ;)
14:44 ashimema 'we = ptfs europe' in the above
14:44 tcohen sounds good
15:02 drojf joined #koha
15:12 oleonard I wonder if libraries who hesitate to share Koha usage statistics in Hea would prefer to share only that they are a Koha user? So give the option to share library name and URL but not stats.
15:17 LibraryClaire oleonard: I feel like that might be a nice option to have...
15:18 oleonard Does ByWater check to make sure that every one of its customers is registered on Breeding's site? If so, ask then to enable Hea too.
15:18 oleonard Repeat for every Koha support company.
15:18 tcohen we do
15:28 oleonard tcohen: I made a correction to my sync_repo path and the installation succeeded (with 2 or 3 rounds of 'vagrant provision' to get it there)
15:28 tcohen YAY!
15:33 talljoy joined #koha
15:47 kchris joined #koha
15:55 jbeno joined #koha
15:57 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:57 tcohen decode_json
15:59 TGoat joined #koha
16:03 fridolin left #koha
16:04 eythian no, you decode_json
16:11 drojf if one of you encodes and the other decodes, you can be the human jsonipede
16:11 tcohen hehe
16:11 tcohen I have issues with my desktop setup
16:12 tcohen i use 6 workspaces
16:12 tcohen and when I switch back a forth from one to the other
16:12 tcohen the IRC client seems to get the focus
16:13 tcohen it might be related to my 'sticky in all workspaces' setup
16:13 tcohen (so I can always read the IRC while working
16:13 tcohen he
16:13 tcohen its a bug in Unity, I'll file a bug
16:14 oleonard 'sticky in all workspaces' describes my home computer after my kids use it.
16:15 tcohen sec
16:15 tcohen https://snag.gy/Yz59Ry.jpg
16:16 tcohen so I have firefox in another workspace
16:16 tcohen and when I switch, it still shows the IRC client
16:16 tcohen when i go back, IRC wrongly gets the focus
16:29 reiveune bye
16:29 reiveune left #koha
16:40 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:43 pastebot "oleonard" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Error when using git-bz in kohadevbox" (21 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/194
16:44 talljoy joined #koha
16:45 eythian oleonard: have you defined the global name "host"?
16:46 oleonard eythian: I have followed the kohadevbox instructions and my expectation was that I didn't need to manually define anything
16:46 eythian I can't remember the details, but somewhere you have to provide a hostname.
16:47 oleonard I don't see anything about that here: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#Configure_git-bz
16:51 kidclamp @later tell magnue coverflow 2.4 released - let me know if I broke anything :-)
16:51 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
16:52 eythian not sure, it's been too long since I've had to set it up.
16:59 LibraryClaire joined #koha
17:00 Joubu oleonard: I think I get it when https is not set to true
17:19 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:23 LibraryClaire anyone able to help me with an error message I get when trying to do a git pull in devbox? I have a special skill for breaking things these days
17:25 Joubu LibraryClaire: can try
17:26 LibraryClaire i'm sure it's easy... two secs i'll paste
17:26 pastebot "LibraryClaire" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "error: Unable to find 2618afd8" (4 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/195
17:27 Joubu on fetching I guess?
17:27 LibraryClaire yes
17:28 Joubu git remote -v
17:29 LibraryClaire tells me an origin for push and fetch
17:29 Joubu over git or http?
17:29 LibraryClaire origin http://git.koha-community.org/koha.git
17:30 Joubu ok, try
17:30 Joubu git remote set-url origin git://git.koha-community.org/koha.git
17:30 Joubu then fetch
17:30 LibraryClaire oh it's doing things now :D
17:31 rsantellan joined #koha
17:32 LibraryClaire Thanks Joubu :))
17:36 kidclamp ashimema++
17:36 kidclamp Joubu++
17:44 rsantellan I have a question about the email templates creation. The overdue_notice.pl call C4::Overdues::parse_overdues_letter, I see that I have all the data there, with all the data it calls: C4::Letters::GetPreparedLetter
17:45 rsantellan my problem is in that function don't replace any data at all
17:45 rsantellan I create a test template with all the parameters
17:45 rsantellan and only a few of them are completed
17:46 jzairo joined #koha
17:48 drojf left #koha
17:50 Rules joined #koha
17:50 Rules Hello everyone
17:50 Rules I have a question
17:51 Rules It's simple but I don't know how to do it
17:51 Rules I have several item types
17:52 Rules Books, journals, magazines, dvd's and others
17:53 Rules i want to create diferent rules to everyone
17:53 Rules for example
17:53 Rules books for 15 days
17:53 Rules and dvd for 5 days
17:53 Rules but I can't do it
17:53 Rules or is not working
17:54 edveal Rules so are you setting them up in the Circulation and fines rules?
17:54 Rules yup
17:55 Rules i set 15 days to books
17:55 Rules and 5 days to DVD
17:55 edveal Can you explain what is not working?
17:55 edveal Are they checkiong out for the wrong time or not checking out at all?
17:55 Rules but books are loan just for 5 days
17:55 Rules like using dvd rules
17:56 Rules cheking out for the wrong time
17:56 edveal Do you have multiple libraries?
17:56 Rules Nope
17:56 Rules just 1
17:57 edveal Do you have multiple patron catagories or have you set that for “All”?
17:57 khall joined #koha
17:58 Rules multiple
17:58 bag joined #koha
17:58 edveal Do they have different rules for each patron catagory?
17:59 Rules yes
17:59 edveal Are any of them checking out correctly or are they all doing the same thing incorrectly?
18:00 Rules DVD are checking out for 5 days... like they suppose to
18:01 Rules but books are checking out for 5 days too.... not 15 days like I would like
18:01 edveal But everything else is checking out incorectly?
18:02 Rules other types aren't configured
18:02 edveal So you only have those two? sorry for all the questions.
18:02 jzairo_ joined #koha
18:03 Rules yes... but i believe that it would be the same problems for other items
18:03 Rules no worries
18:03 Rules keep asking
18:03 edveal What version of Koha are you using?
18:03 Rules is the only way you can help me
18:04 Rules 3.22.04.000
18:08 cait left #koha
18:24 drojf joined #koha
18:26 LibraryClaire tcohen around?
18:29 talljoy1 joined #koha
18:32 tcohen hi LibraryClaire
18:32 LibraryClaire hi, i think i broke something in my devbox
18:34 alexbuckley joined #koha
18:52 cait joined #koha
19:00 rocio joined #koha
19:10 oleonard Okay figured out my git-bz problem. With sync_repo on git-bz was looking at the git config file on my host machine, which doesn't have git-bz because does it even work on Windows?
19:10 oleonard Manually adding config details solved the problem.
19:12 oleonard So it makes me wonder, should there be a global configuration setting for git-bz out of the box?
19:14 rangi i guess for all the bits that can be global (except the username and password i guess?)
19:15 oleonard In kohadevbox would putting everything in global collide with other stuff? I guess I don't know what else people might use kohadevbox for
19:16 oleonard Also hi rangi
19:17 rangi heya oleonard
19:17 wahanui oleonard is not really here.  He said so.  He did!
19:19 oleonard By the way, thanks for your contribution of the Mozilla Persona functionality rangi. Too bad it didn't take off.
19:20 * oleonard signed off on the patch which removes it
19:21 rangi yeah, tis a shame, i still reckon federated IDP is much better than one single one ... but oh well, we get the internet we deserve ;)
19:25 * oleonard is a little annoyed at the rate at which Mozilla starts and then kills projects
19:26 rangi yup
19:27 drojf yes
19:27 * drojf throws a few firefox os phones on the #koha fire
19:27 rangi you know what killed firefox os
19:28 rangi europeans and their love of whatsapp
19:28 drojf heh
19:28 drojf wasn't that actually available? never used it
19:28 rangi srsly, i was talking to francois who worked on them, they got so many returned as 'faulty' because whatsapp wouldn't work on them (and whatsapp had zero intention of porting)
19:29 rangi its probably the same reason ubuntu phones will fail
19:29 LibraryClaire my new tv has firefox os
19:29 drojf :(
19:29 drojf throw it on the fire
19:29 LibraryClaire but so shiny :(
19:29 drojf i said fire
19:29 rangi heh
19:29 drojf :P
19:29 oleonard I didn't know TVs had Firefox OS.
19:30 rangi gotta be better than whatever madness my panasonic tv is running
19:30 drojf panasonic has some. i read they might… "work" on it
19:30 drojf but i hear they suck at that
19:30 drojf sounds like rangi can confirm
19:30 drojf :P
19:31 oleonard I'm a little afraid of new TVs these days. What are they doing behind my back?
19:31 rangi yay for tvs that randomly crash
19:31 rangi such a good advance
19:31 drojf i want the internet out of the tv
19:31 drojf thats what raspis are for :P
19:31 LibraryClaire mine is panasonic
19:32 rangi i have an old one, its running panasonics own creation (probably windows me hacked at)
19:32 LibraryClaire it has not crashed and runs netflix really well :D
19:34 drojf ok i give up trying to figure out why the nightly thing puts the whole git directory in the tar file. which is why all is broken, because thats huge
19:34 * drojf throws the nightly server on the fire
19:35 * LibraryClaire tries to put out hte fire before everything ends up in it
19:35 rangi hehe
19:37 * cait waves
19:38 * cait has pancakes :)
19:38 rangi don't let drojf see them, he'll throw them on the fire
19:39 * LibraryClaire takes pancakes to save them from fire
19:39 oleonard Yes, to 'save them from the fire' ...
19:40 cait hehe
19:40 LibraryClaire sorry what? *wipes crumbs from mouth*
19:40 * cait shares with rangi and LibraryClaire
19:40 LibraryClaire yay :D
19:40 cait oh and oleonard
19:41 cait drojf: you know why you don't get any
19:42 cait anyone want me to help with the evil bug list?
19:42 LibraryClaire i have spent two hours trying to make some form of koha work so i can test stuff
19:42 * oleonard didn't know there was a separate list for evil ones
19:42 LibraryClaire *cries in the corner*
19:42 cait i made the mistake to speak up at th emeeting
19:42 cait and now Joubu wants a list
19:43 talljoy1 joined #koha
19:43 oleonard LibraryClaire: I just got my kohadevbox working, so I'm a super-expert now.
19:43 cait i think building a bugzilla search might work and checking severity
19:43 LibraryClaire oleonard i just broke mine
19:44 LibraryClaire building from scratch now
19:45 cait bug 7736
19:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7736 new feature, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , Edifact QUOTE and ORDER functionality
19:45 oleonard Oh the evil bug list came up while I was away.
19:45 cait i was only there for like 5 mins... was enough to end up with a todo
19:45 cait bug 17692
19:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17692 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, NEW , Can't add library EAN under Plack
19:46 cait how do we treat plack bugs?
19:46 oleonard So the question is about NEW bugs? Or existing patches we want to move along?
19:46 cait i was mostly talking about bugs without patches
19:46 cait we have some regressions
19:47 cait ah cool, bug 17764 has a patch now :)
19:47 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17764 critical, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , OPAC search fails when lost items are in the result set and there is no logged in user
19:47 cait Joubu++ oleonard++
19:47 LibraryClaire see
19:47 LibraryClaire that was what i was gonna test
19:48 LibraryClaire stupid broken .... *mutters*
19:48 cait bug 17766
19:48 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17766 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Patron notification does not work with multi item holds
19:48 cait has a patch waiting
19:50 cait bug 17774
19:50 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17774 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Acquisitions module getting internal server error when adding orders to basket - a case of barcode not autoincrementing (?)
19:53 * LibraryClaire throws laptop on the fire
19:54 drojf good girl
19:54 LibraryClaire I cannot test under these conditions!
19:55 LibraryClaire (broke all her kohas)
19:55 oleonard I'm sorry you're having trouble LibraryClaire, but kohadevbox++ from me so far.
19:55 LibraryClaire yeh it was great while it worked
19:56 LibraryClaire but we couldn't figure out what on earth i did
19:56 LibraryClaire so we did vagrant destroy
19:56 LibraryClaire just waiting for it to reinstall
19:56 LibraryClaire i think the magic pixies got at it while i was sleeping
19:58 LibraryClaire i suspect it has nothing to do with the devbox itself and is more pebcak :D
19:58 cait hm, what about the fumes?
19:58 LibraryClaire yay install finished
19:59 LibraryClaire *pokes devbox*
19:59 cait burning laptop
19:59 LibraryClaire drojf's fire
19:59 oleonard Bye all. See you tomorrow.
20:00 cait ah good then
20:00 LibraryClaire anyone know what the web installer login is for devbox?
20:00 cait koha_kohadev
20:00 cait password
20:00 wahanui i heard password was correct
20:01 LibraryClaire ta!
20:01 LibraryClaire haha, i'm stuck in a web installer loop
20:03 Nuentoter joined #koha
20:05 cait try killing plack
20:05 cait or restarting it
20:05 cait but the last time i had to kill it
20:05 LibraryClaire oh
20:05 cait which might not be normally necessary... but... i break things
20:05 LibraryClaire i look at stuff and apparently they break :)
20:07 cait yeah, it happens
20:13 mikasmith joined #koha
20:18 rangi good grief
20:19 rangi https://termsfeed.com/blog/eu-privacy-policy/
20:19 rangi ive given up trying to reconcile all the privacy stuff
20:19 rangi and just writing one to comply with the EU
20:20 rangi i figure it's about as strong as nz privacy and way stronger than US
20:20 rangi so probably good enough
20:20 Dyrcona Anything is stronger than the US.... :)
20:20 rangi true
20:20 Dyrcona 'Cept mabye Russia.
20:22 Nuentoter china's privacy policy is nice and simple: "if you type it, it is ours, if you read it, it is ours."
20:22 Dyrcona heh
20:22 kathryn joined #koha
20:24 * Dyrcona is reminded of something Scott McNealy said in the '90s......
20:27 Dyrcona I can hear the reaction: "Scott McWho, now?" ;)
20:28 LibraryClaire @later tell tcohen I seem to have a working kohadevbox now! Thanks! :)
20:28 huginn LibraryClaire: The operation succeeded.
20:29 * Dyrcona should be configuring production VMs for Evergreen, but somehow wound up in here. :)
20:33 kmlussier joined #koha
20:33 LibraryClaire righty, i'm gonna head to where i cannot break things :D (bed!)
20:33 LibraryClaire laters #koha
20:35 kchris joined #koha
20:36 wizzyrea a very annoying thing about the devbox, is that plack isn't supposed to be running when the installer does
20:36 wizzyrea but it is
20:37 wizzyrea in fact, doing work like patch fixing on the devbox with memcached and plack both running is >.< to me. I understand why it's important but it's so easy to forget to clear them.
20:37 cait i am not persuaded web installer + plack not working is not a bug
20:38 cait in general... since we turned on plack some things are weird :(
20:38 rangi it is going to break every upgrade
20:38 rangi in different ways
20:38 rangi (the installer if you plack running)
20:38 wizzyrea isn't it something to do with the version being cached as uninstalled, and then when the db gets populated it isn't refreshed to the now correct version
20:43 wizzyrea that's normally how installer loops happen anyway, version mismatches.
20:44 cait it also seems like turning off opac maintenance requires another restart of plack
20:44 cait or it won't go away
20:44 cait and if you change marc frameworks... it takes time for it to show? *confused*
20:45 wizzyrea changing the frameworks sounds more like a memcached one to me, I could be wrong tho
20:45 cait no memcached running
20:45 wizzyrea then not that :)
20:45 cait i thought that too first, but we checked
20:45 cait does the caching fallback to something else when you have no memcached?
20:46 wizzyrea there was a whole bug about "changing sysprefs doesn't work with plack running"
20:46 wizzyrea bug 9005
20:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9005 major, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, CLOSED FIXED, Changing sysprefs requires restart under Plack
20:46 cait hm if that crawled back in it would be pretty horrible
20:47 rangi we should stop talking about it and fix it and write user docs and stuff
20:47 rangi bwahaha
20:47 rangi that guy can still go to hell
20:47 wizzyrea one thing to check would be that this C4::Context->disable_syspref_cache();" is in your koha.psgi file
20:48 cait i don't think we tweaked it
20:48 cait just using default
20:48 bag` joined #koha
20:48 cait but will
20:48 wizzyrea *nod* but there have been some changes in there
20:48 wizzyrea since this patch
20:49 cait ok, so C4::Context->disable_syspref_cache();" is  koha.psgi file
20:49 cait will ask tomorrow thx
20:49 wizzyrea must be somethin esle
20:50 cait ah no, can't check from here :)
20:50 cait will have to take it back to the coworkers
20:51 cait wizzyrea: my account for kc website still works - anything i should know about adding a release post?
20:51 wizzyrea hm, nope not really. You are generating the release notes with the release tools?
20:52 wizzyrea if you are using the html created ones, just be sure to put the editor mode in HTML mode when you paste it in
20:52 wizzyrea that's the only thing I can think of
20:52 wizzyrea if you want, I can check it for you
20:52 rangi ohh we base64 md5 hash it
20:52 wizzyrea oh, um, be sure to tag it in the right categories for release
20:52 rangi (hea)
20:52 wizzyrea erk
20:53 rangi its not a password
20:53 rangi just the library name
20:53 wizzyrea oh phe
20:53 wizzyrea w
20:53 rangi and a bunch of entropy
20:53 wizzyrea so interesting
20:54 wizzyrea possibly the method of disabling the syspref cache has changed, because my devbox's koha.psgi doesn't have that disable_syspref_cache
20:55 cait wizzyrea: iwill
20:56 cait wizzyrea: hm i can try and do a draft sometime :) I want to do a test run during th eweekend
20:56 wizzyrea sure - if you can't get me, you can twitter DM or facebook messenger at me (or gchat or...) because that goes to my pocket
20:58 cait thx
20:58 cait trying to get everything in place
20:58 cait should we answer the emai about training and certification?
20:59 rangi kathryn was going to for catalyst, we offer a full week course that covers all that, but i dunno if anyone else was going to
21:01 wizzyrea cait: bug 13805
21:01 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13805 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Installer does not work under Plack
21:02 rangi https://github.com/ranginui/he[…]Privacy_Policy.md
21:02 irma joined #koha
21:03 rangi now i have to write some T&C
21:03 rangi bleurgh
21:03 wizzyrea rangi++
21:03 cait t&c?
21:04 rangi terms and conditions
21:04 irma good morning all
21:04 cait morning irma
21:04 cait rangi: ah right
21:04 irma Nice !!! http://libcat.kustar.ac.ae/
21:04 cait i was thinking because no official certification
21:05 rangi @later tell drojf can you have a read over this please https://github.com/ranginui/he[…]Privacy_Policy.md  it's the start of the privacy policy I am writing
21:05 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
21:06 irma rangi if you are looking for someone (no lawyer) to read over the privacy policy ask BobB
21:08 rangi if you could point him that way, that would be great thanks irma
21:10 kathryn morning! }:0)
21:10 kathryn Yep, I'll answer that one today, rangi
21:10 kathryn hi cait and irma
21:10 irma morning kathryn ... will do Rangi
21:12 cait morning kathryn :)
21:12 kathryn evening cait, white christmas?
21:13 JesseM joined #koha
21:19 JesseM_ joined #koha
21:26 cait not so far, if you don't count fog
22:13 jbeno_away joined #koha
22:52 Francesca joined #koha
22:56 JoshB joined #koha
22:59 tcohen joined #koha
22:59 jamesb joined #koha
22:59 Francesca_ joined #koha
23:04 irma_ joined #koha
23:55 chrisvella__ joined #koha
23:56 chrisvella__ joined #koha
23:58 ambient joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary