IRC log for #koha, 2016-05-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Francesca joined #koha
00:01 dcook joined #koha
00:07 BobB joined #koha
00:10 dcook morning #koha
00:10 dcook @later tell drojf Well that doesn't sound convoluted at all :p
00:10 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:36 thd-away joined #koha
00:44 oleonard joined #koha
00:57 thd-away joined #koha
01:20 mario joined #koha
01:27 dcook "But there is no way you can ever get a cleartext version of the password from the database. If you can in any system (library or otherwise) never ever use that system."
01:27 dcook rangi++
01:30 thd-away` joined #koha
01:40 thd-away joined #koha
01:59 Francesca joined #koha
02:08 Francesca joined #koha
02:28 Francesca joined #koha
02:39 hanthana joined #koha
03:23 reza <IDENTIFY>
03:55 mtj hey #koha, is kc.org git server down at the mo?
04:01 wizzyrea web interface seems ok
04:01 wizzyrea pings alright
04:02 wizzyrea fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer < but the git server bit does seem messed up
04:06 kathryn joined #koha
04:09 JoshB joined #koha
04:13 Francesca joined #koha
04:16 * Francesca waves
04:16 Francesca hello
04:18 wizzyrea heya
04:19 Francesca sup
04:19 wizzyrea o not a lot
04:20 Francesca its pizza tomorrow
04:20 Francesca that makes me happy
04:37 dcook Mmm pizza
04:37 * dcook could go for pizza
04:39 magnuse joined #koha
04:39 Francesca come to nz
04:39 Francesca btw hi dcook, long time no talk
04:39 dcook Tempting. Very tempting.
04:39 dcook Heya :)
04:39 Francesca where've you been
04:40 Francesca feels like ages
04:40 dcook Mmm wife had a baby. That took me out of the line of duty for a while.
04:40 Francesca congrats :)
04:41 dcook Thanks :)
04:41 dcook The baby is super adorable O_O
04:41 dcook Being a dad is rad
04:42 Francesca come fly over for a few hours
04:42 Francesca eat some pizza
04:44 dcook I don't think my wife would like that :p
04:44 Francesca no probably not
04:44 Francesca we'll have to send you virtual pizza
04:45 dcook I don't know what I think of virtual pizza...
04:45 dcook Fortunately, Friday night has become de facto beer and pizza night, so I can't complain
04:46 Francesca lol
04:46 Francesca boy or girl btw?
04:47 dcook Ha. We're not telling anyone. We're crazy hippies O_O.
04:48 Francesca lol
04:48 ibeardslee that's good, why impose gender expectations on someone so young
04:49 Francesca wahanui dcook is <reply> a crazy hippy (according to himself)
04:49 Francesca where is wahanui
04:50 Francesca @wunder wlg
04:50 huginn Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0°C (4:30 PM NZST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
04:50 dcook ibeardslee: That's the idea
04:50 dcook https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini[…]34c1f11e07800.jpg
04:51 ibeardslee ah yeap that's the one I was thinking of
04:51 Oak joined #koha
04:51 dcook :)
04:56 dcook @wunder syd
04:56 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 23.0°C (2:30 PM AEST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
04:56 dcook Lovely... I should leave the house today >_>
04:58 lletelier_ @wunder scl
04:58 huginn lletelier_: The current temperature in Santiago, Chile is 15.0°C (1:00 AM CLST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Rising).
04:58 dcook Koha community is neat :)
05:06 bshum joined #koha
05:32 Francesca joined #koha
05:52 cait joined #koha
06:00 blou joined #koha
06:00 Sirenia joined #koha
06:00 bag joined #koha
06:00 jcamins joined #koha
06:04 * magnuse waves
06:04 dcook Nope. Too early :p.
06:04 magnuse hehe
06:04 cait dcook: time for aquick question?
06:05 magnuse our son wanted to be the first to arrive in kindergarten today :-)
06:05 cait :)
06:06 dcook :D
06:07 cait dcook: i have 2 databases - running on the same sever and code - and it looks like one sorts bibnumber asc and hte other bibnumber desc when the sorting critieria is the same in the records
06:07 cait any idea why that is?
06:08 cait I thought i saw you mentioning something about this in one of your emails lately - the bibnumber thing
06:09 dcook cait: I take it that the databases have different data?
06:10 cait yes
06:10 cait search prefs etc seem to be the same
06:10 dcook Now I'm trying to remember Zebra things..
06:10 cait I have run out of ideas
06:10 dcook Bibnumbre asc happens when...
06:11 * dcook should review some of his own comments
06:11 dcook I know I know the answer... haha
06:13 dcook " If they’re in perfect ascending/descending order, chances are that your relevance is silently turned off."
06:13 dcook Oh, because Zebra's default sort order is biblionumber ascending I think
06:14 dcook Surprised that the other one is bibnumber desc when sorting..
06:14 dcook cait: Do you have auto truncation on?
06:14 cait hm, can't check from here
06:14 cait but i thought i had that checked and it was off in both
06:15 cait they are supposed to sort both on 008
06:15 cait publication date by default
06:15 dcook Ooh that's interesting
06:15 cait but when the year is the same, we see the bibnumber sorting.... just in 2 different ways
06:16 dcook Mmmm
06:16 dcook Yeah, I did encounter something like that recently when relevance was the same..
06:16 dcook I think that might be random
06:16 dcook At least I thought it would be random for relevance... in the case of year..
06:17 cait hm?
06:18 dcook Well... I guess it could be doing a relvance search and then sorting
06:18 dcook Because relevance isn't actually sorting
06:18 dcook It's a totally different thing
06:18 dcook When we relevance searches, we're actually just not sending a sort query part..
06:19 dcook Do they consistently sort ascending on one instance and sort descending on the other?
06:19 cait yes
06:19 cait it's very repeatable
06:19 dcook Hmm
06:19 dcook Oh, I have a thought..
06:20 dcook Do you have yaz-client access?
06:22 dcook Also which version of Koha are you using?
06:22 dcook Ideally, it would be nice if you could reproduce the query using yaz-client, and it would be good if you could view the Zebra server logs with a high degree of verbosity
06:24 dcook I would expect sorts bibnumber asc to be a case where Zebra is indexing the records in bibnumber ascending order...
06:25 dcook The descending order is bizarre... unless they are being ranked by relevance..
06:28 cait an older version
06:28 cait hm no yaz access...
06:29 Oak joined #koha
06:29 dcook :(
06:30 cait i am running out of time - i can check on the version when at work
06:30 dcook Yikes... I think I just got an error from 16.05 when trying to do a weighted query in Koha...
06:31 dcook Alas, I'd need more details to really know :/
06:32 cait dcook: thx :)
06:32 dcook Yikes... fuzzy search not working..
06:32 cait left #koha
06:33 dcook Hmm fuzzy not working because the use attribute is missing..
06:35 dcook "$weighted_query .= " or wrdl,fuzzy,r8=\"$operand\"""
06:35 dcook wtf...
06:35 dcook Time for git blame...
06:37 dcook Huh... looks like a mistake by Joshua Ferraro in 2007
06:37 dcook How has this not been caught before now?
06:38 magnuse 9 years fly past sooo quick...
06:38 dcook hehe
06:39 dcook c70df80694577d6e5003241a05093ef5dd28d0f4
06:39 dcook "Getting Search.pm air tight"
06:39 dcook O_O
06:40 dcook Oh man, looks like it goes even further back..
06:41 * dcook just doesn't care too much atm...
06:43 dcook Hmm unless this breakage occurred more recently..
06:44 dcook The flaw has been there for about a decade but maybe the code just never got called..
06:44 dcook Until now!
06:44 teyekea joined #koha
06:44 dcook Damn my insatiable curiosity...
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
06:49 alex_a bonjour
06:51 dcook Getting the same error in 3.14...
06:51 dcook Surely this must happen to other people?
06:51 dcook Maybe they don't realize they're getting errors..
06:51 dcook Because Koha just says no search results returned instead of Zebra error..
06:52 * magnuse cheers dcook and his curiosity on
06:52 dcook It's very depressing :p
06:52 wilfrid joined #koha
06:54 dcook Ahh, maybe it is my configuration
06:54 dcook Because now that I think about it... Zebra would default to kw if you didn't provide a use attribute..
06:57 dcook [120] Unsupported Truncation attribute -- v2 addinfo '103'
07:03 dcook According to http://www.indexdata.com/zebra[…]erymodel-rpn.html, it should be supported...
07:07 teyekea how can i manually re-index newly added items??
07:07 dcook teyekea: Manually re-index?
07:08 dcook Argh... 5=103 totally works in 3.14...
07:08 reiveune joined #koha
07:08 reiveune hello
07:08 dcook Also 3.20...
07:09 teyekea dcook: when i try to search items, it only bring items added before two years. so i want to include the latest items
07:10 dcook There's lots of questions for me to ask you...
07:10 dcook What type of Koha install do you have? Build from source or Debian packages?
07:11 Oak joined #koha
07:11 teyekea sure please ask, its from build cause i am on cent os, infact i am not the one who installed it
07:11 dcook That sounds so unfortunate
07:12 dcook That's probabl the least well known installation environment there is
07:12 dcook I'm guessing that you don't have an indexing daemon running
07:12 dcook And that's why you aren't getting anything more recent
07:12 dcook Do you know which user owns your Koha files?
07:13 teyekea yes
07:14 teyekea from the koha user i run rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -r -a
07:15 dcook Yeah, that'll work once
07:15 dcook You should probably also use the "-x" flag
07:15 teyekea and it returns with number of records exported as authority and biblio then it tries to reindex zebra and after some min it come up with this "zebraidx(7322) [warn] Record didn't contain match fields in (bib1,Local-number)"
07:16 magnuse ooh, happy star wars day, #koha!
07:16 dcook Ugh, that's not good
07:16 dcook Unfortunately, I can't help right now, as I have to leave for the day
07:16 dcook Hopefully one of these other fine folk can help
07:17 cdickinson joined #koha
07:17 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:18 gaetan_B hello
07:55 paul_p_ joined #koha
07:57 cait joined #koha
08:05 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:22 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:23 Oak joined #koha
09:02 alex_a joined #koha
09:08 Francesca joined #koha
09:18 ibeardslee joined #koha
09:42 magnuse kia ora khall!
09:43 khall mornin!
10:18 mtj hey magnuse, thanks for looking at the carousel patch
10:19 mtj ..interesting bug that you found
10:21 magnuse heh, yeah. at first i assumed it was just a broken isbn, but it turned out it was just fine
10:23 mtj makes me wonder why i didnt use isbn13 format - instead of isbn10
10:23 mtj that conversion seems to make more sense
10:24 mtj eg: isbn10 -> isbn13
10:25 mtj ..then 979* isbns would be handled ok too
10:26 * mtj tries that
10:27 magnuse yeah, i think that should work
10:33 mtj aah, click... amazon wants an isbn10 format only
10:36 ccordova joined #koha
10:48 cait still? ugh
10:54 tcohen joined #koha
11:06 mtj hmm, i think there is a bug in Business::ISBN.pm
11:08 mtj hmm, or not too
11:09 mtj i guess the isbn10/13 conversions have to assume a 978 prefix - and nothing else
11:10 mtj ..which is why a 979* isbn cant be converted, as it would clash with its 978* equiv.
11:10 mtj ok, makes sense
11:30 Oak joined #koha
11:31 * Oak waves
11:39 oleonard joined #koha
11:41 oleonard Hi #koha
11:42 druthb Hi, oleonard. :)
11:45 nengard joined #koha
11:56 ericar joined #koha
11:56 oleonard Hm... git fetch failing for me today
11:58 meliss joined #koha
12:08 LibraryClaire joined #koha
12:11 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:13 paul_p joined #koha
12:20 pastebot "oleonard" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "That is quite an onclick" (1 line) at http://paste.koha-community.org/437
12:22 tcohen morning
12:26 ccordova joined #koha
12:30 oleonard Hi tcohen, and any other awake peoples
12:30 cait hi oleonard
12:32 tcohen hi cait oleonard
12:33 eythian hi oleonard cait tcohen
12:33 NateC joined #koha
12:34 eythian @later tell rangi actually, it ended up that the headphones I wanted don't even exist in NZ any longer, so I just bought some here that aren't quite what I was hoping for, but will do the job.
12:34 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
12:35 marcelr joined #koha
12:35 marcelr hi #koha
12:35 tcohen hi marcelr!
12:35 marcelr hi tcohen
12:39 magnuse oleonard: a mere 86 quots!
12:40 eythian quotloos on the winner?
12:47 marcelr tcohen: Koha became probably a Plack app for performance reasons; if we get every library along, is another question (money, skills etc.)
12:47 tcohen marcelr: I think it is (almost) ready for being the default setup
12:48 tcohen and my question is related to how we (devs) work on Koha
12:48 marcelr yes
12:48 tcohen Koha packages have a way to easily enable plack right now
12:48 marcelr it may be a strategic issue too
12:48 tcohen doing it by default is a 2 lines patch
12:49 tcohen the broader use, the faster we spot issues
12:52 talljoy joined #koha
12:55 cait tcohen: i was wondering - is it true that with plack you can't do the apache tricks? (overwriting system preferences, different opac views)?
12:55 tcohen i'm not sure cait
12:56 tcohen but that's something expert users do, that could of course disable plack on a global config variable if needed
12:56 cait from the bugs it read like we wer more and more enforcing plack
12:57 cait it might be an expert function - but for consortia I think quite important
12:57 edveal joined #koha
12:57 eythian you can set environment vars still
13:01 cait someone said some things would not work
13:01 cait so would be good to clear that up
13:01 tcohen :-P
13:01 tcohen if it means there are bugs filled for that...
13:03 cait i don't have plack atm still, would be nice if someone could check it
13:04 tcohen cait: what specificaly? the sysprefs override thing?
13:04 cait yep
13:04 cait and the separate opac trick
13:04 tcohen will you vagrant up at some point?
13:05 tcohen i don't know about the separate opac trick
13:05 cait i will try again once i have the new lapto
13:05 cait p
13:05 tcohen what is it about?
13:05 cait but i still have to pick one and order it
13:05 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]rfaces_by_URL_RFC
13:05 cait This feature is implemented via the web server's capacity to pass environment variables to CGI.  Three environment variables are defined: ...
13:06 tcohen i don't see why it would fail
13:06 tcohen but
13:07 tcohen you need to handle the different vhosts creation on your own
13:07 tcohen but hey, you already do that!
13:22 magnuse have fun #koha!
13:23 magnuse joined #koha
13:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16383: Making Local Use sysprefs actions buttons <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]88e67de405a980115> / DBIx updates <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]b0a87dfc3b2f43c3f>
13:34 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:34 tcohen cait: once you have the laptop, I can help you set plack so you can test if that feature is actually broken
13:36 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:38 marcelr khall: bug 16170 still needs the corresponding change in the DBIx schema: Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm
13:38 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16170 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Pseudo foreign key in Items
13:38 khall will do marcelr! thanks for the reminder!
13:38 marcelr khall: note that running the dbix update script still gives me a lot of changes?
13:38 oleonard There is more to enabling Plack on packages than running the commands listed in this section? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lack_on_packages_.283.22.2B.29
13:38 marcelr khall: when will you push bug 16155
13:38 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16155 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Passed QA , Composite keys in TestBuilder and more
13:38 khall very soon marcelr
13:39 mario joined #koha
13:39 marcelr cool
13:39 drojf joined #koha
13:39 drojf hi #koha
13:40 marcelr hi drojf
13:40 * cait waves
13:41 cait tcohen: hope not too late then with the new discussion
13:41 drojf hi marcelr and cait
13:42 tcohen oleonard: nope :-D
13:42 oleonard tcohen: Thanks
13:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16016: Sitemap handling scripts for packages <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]7525ea073bb2a1acb> / Bug 15564 - Fix tranfert branch: Set collection branch with return branch if it is... <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]22746c2c6be1da6b1> / Bug 15564 - Display "print slip" option when returning an item which is in
13:44 tcohen woooooooo
13:44 tcohen hi drojf khall
13:45 khall hi!
13:45 tcohen thanks for pushing 16016 khall!
13:45 khall np!
13:47 tcohen Joubu++ # performance boost!
13:52 amyk joined #koha
13:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13903: (QA followup) change routes to /holds <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]600036efb07196268> / Bug 13903: Add API routes to list, create, update, delete reserves <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]59b18579d6c7677eb> / Bug 15126: Update patron definition <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]=koha.git;a=commi
14:02 marcelr @later tell Joubu please look at "Undefined subroutine CGI::multi_param" in Biblio.pm line 2519 when running TransformHtmlToMarc.t
14:02 huginn marcelr: The operation succeeded.
14:03 cait there is still a patch missing for the multi-param
14:03 cait the second part - could it be fixed by that?
14:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14622 - New data in French Canadian for the web installer. Add "fr-CA" folder. <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]67111090810d39fcd> / Bug 7143: Moving about to 16.05. Hurray. <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]f3e917c97c99138b4>
14:05 marcelr i do not think so: this is called by a test and does not reach the multi param redefine statement
14:08 drojf @later tell magnuse need more info ;) what is the setup? i have no problem with regular koha files with two vhosts
14:08 huginn drojf: The operation succeeded.
14:09 tcohen marcelr: isn't it awesome that all tests now pass?
14:09 marcelr khall++ tcohen++
14:09 tcohen well, we are three bugs away from that
14:09 tcohen but they are PQA
14:09 marcelr just wait 2 mins
14:10 tcohen \o/
14:10 marcelr :)
14:10 marcelr did you see: TransformHtmlToMarc.t ?
14:10 tcohen we followed the golden rule: if a test fails, comment it out!
14:10 tcohen :-P
14:10 marcelr delete it
14:10 tcohen i'll take a look
14:10 marcelr multi_param stuff
14:11 marcelr depends on environment vars available
14:11 marcelr and your CGI version ;)
14:11 marcelr mine is low...
14:11 marcelr looooow
14:11 tcohen prove t/Biblio/TransformKohaToMarc.t t/db_dependent/Biblio/TransformHtmlToMarc.t
14:11 marcelr CGI--
14:11 tcohen green for me
14:11 tcohen just those warnings
14:11 marcelr not for me
14:11 marcelr np
14:12 tcohen are you on wheezy?
14:12 marcelr yes sir
14:12 marcelr have to update
14:12 marcelr for plack..
14:12 tcohen if it fails on wheezy...
14:12 tcohen ... deprecate wheezy!
14:12 marcelr right
14:12 tcohen i'm joking
14:13 marcelr right again
14:14 bag deprecate wheezy!
14:14 bag :D
14:15 marcelr hi bag
14:15 bag heya marcelr
14:15 marcelr bag: kyle did your job
14:16 marcelr clearing the queue
14:16 marcelr down to 3 now
14:16 bag yeah I had wall to wall meetings yesterday so I ask him to pick up the slack :D
14:16 bag khall++
14:16 marcelr khall++
14:16 khall lol
14:17 tcohen khall++
14:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16405: Fix Circulation/NoIssuesChargeGuarantees.t test 2 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]71619a008fe69f125> / Bug 10171: (QA followup) Make search tests use the right form <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]c3d05219d46215eac>
14:28 Karl_H joined #koha
14:31 kidclamp joined #koha
14:32 JoshB joined #koha
14:33 tcohen tadaaaa
14:34 marcelr 0 in PQA
14:35 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16390: Accounts.t does not need MPL <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]163b89dec37151b23>
14:48 kchris joined #koha
14:53 pianohacker joined #koha
14:58 marcelr Can't open file "definitions/index.json": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/Swagger2.pm line 363
14:59 Joubu marcelr: did you open a bug report for the undef sub warning?
14:59 marcelr no
14:59 marcelr probably only on wheezy an issue
15:00 Joubu I get the warning too
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:00 Joubu but I don't understand where it comes from
15:01 rocio joined #koha
15:02 marcelr because you do not reach the redefine statement
15:02 marcelr check the $ENV stuff
15:02 marcelr discussed it earlier?
15:04 marcelr add a ENV statement in the test ??
15:04 marcelr or a redefine?
15:06 Joubu I don't get what you are saying, I am using CGI 4.25 so I do not need the redefine
15:07 Joubu The warning raised by transformhtml2marc is "CGI::param called in list context"
15:07 marcelr ok
15:07 Joubu nevermind, we can ignore it
15:08 lletelier_ joined #koha
15:09 marcelr tcohen: do not really like the BAILOUT in batch.t when running multiple tests ;)
15:09 marcelr Further testing stopped
15:10 tcohen ah, not my fault :-D
15:10 tcohen blame jcamins
15:10 marcelr poor jcamins
15:10 tcohen the test suit has evolved a lot, not really his fault
15:11 marcelr also saw a double plan coming across with the search test without an environment var
15:11 marcelr test more does not like that
15:11 marcelr you cannot say plan 15 and later plan skip_all
15:12 barton joined #koha
15:12 tcohen you mean search_utf8.t?
15:12 marcelr yeah
15:12 tcohen we FOUR skip_all :-P
15:13 marcelr but i see another one
15:13 marcelr t/db_dependent/www/auth_values_input_www.t ................... You tried to plan twice at t/db_dependent/www/auth_values_input_www.t line 47.
15:13 marcelr when you miss a env paramter
15:14 tcohen yeah, they should all BAILOUT
15:14 marcelr no
15:14 marcelr just exit please
15:14 * tcohen feels funny today
15:14 marcelr bailout kills all tests
15:14 Joubu tcohen: if you like the cache patches, any chances to get a signoff on them? :)
15:14 marcelr just skip one test
15:15 tcohen Joubu: I'm right on it actually, just got distracted rewriting some other tests
15:15 Joubu thanks :)
15:16 * cait loves watching marcelr, tcohen and Joubu :)
15:17 cait you read like things getting done :)
15:17 Joubu I think 16431 is quite interesting and, *if* I did not do anything wrong, it will improves the readability and the perfs
15:17 marcelr bug 16431
15:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16431 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Marc subfield structure should be cached using Koha::Cache
15:26 drojf nobody is going to maintan 16.05?
15:26 Joubu First to ask will maintain, that's was the plan
15:26 Joubu drojf: you won!
15:26 drojf https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_16.11
15:26 drojf nope :P
15:26 drojf i'm fine with packaging ;)
15:29 drojf less work packaging if there are no maintainers :P
15:29 gmcharlt heh
15:29 drojf gmcharlt: did you get the tests silent when building packages or did you turn them off?
15:30 drojf i can't get that stupid font test to pass and i have no idea what to do about it
15:30 drojf i wonder if i have zto actually install koha in the pbuilder envorinment to make that pass, which is not what i want to do
15:30 gmcharlt drojf: I go with a clean 'make test' in pbuilder
15:30 Oak joined #koha
15:31 gmcharlt that doesn't, of course, run all the tests, but suffices to ensure that the result is at least installable
15:39 Joubu oleonard: did you have a look at the icons Héctor chose on bug 16438?
15:39 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16438 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, hector.hecaxmmx, Signed Off , Use Font Awesome icons in batch templates
15:40 oleonard No, I'll look now.
15:40 Joubu thanks
15:44 drojf gmcharlt: i get an error for a test regarding font paths in koha-conf.xml all the time
15:44 * Oak waves
15:54 Joubu @later tell rangi splitter is not up-to-date again, see bug 16154 marked as signed off, but pushed since 26th April... Any ideas why it happens?
15:54 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:57 tcohen Joubu: i will sign your patches in the next 3 hours
15:57 tcohen i like them
15:57 tcohen just want to do a full review
15:57 Joubu tcohen: yes please :)
16:12 cait left #koha
16:21 Joubu oleonard: thanks for you comment, that was my feeling too
16:22 rocio1 joined #koha
16:23 Joubu oleonard: what about using the same icon (x) for all the 'clear' actions?
16:24 oleonard I think with no icon the user is more likely to carefully read the link text. Three of the same icon might be confusing
16:27 Joubu k
16:27 gaetan_B bye
17:02 reiveune bye
17:02 reiveune left #koha
17:10 lletelier_ joined #koha
17:46 rocio joined #koha
17:51 fredericd joined #koha
17:56 oleonard How does batch record deletion by file work?  When I try it I always get only one match.
17:56 oleonard How does it match the records in the file with the records in Koha?
17:58 Karl_H What's in the file you're using oleonard?
17:58 oleonard Is it supposed to be a CSV of biblionumbers?
17:58 Karl_H Generally I just use a file with a list of id numbers, no headers
17:59 oleonard I see, I was hoping it was possible to use a MARC file.
18:00 Joubu oleonard: yes it's a list of bibnum
18:17 drojf joined #koha
18:29 lletelier_ joined #koha
18:46 oleonard Should it be possible to add an item modification by age rule without an age? Or, for that matter, without at least one condition and substitution?
18:57 Joubu oleonard: you need at least 1 rule for the cronjob to work
18:58 Joubu iirc, the condition is optional, but the substitution is not
18:58 Joubu however, the "value" (right member) can be empty (if you want to empty the field for instance)
18:59 oleonard What about the age?
18:59 Joubu oleonard: Have a look at the help page, I have put some examples on it
18:59 Joubu no the age is mandatory
18:59 Joubu but let me confirm that
19:00 oleonard .@ later me if you find out something different
19:00 Joubu no, age does not seem mandatory, looking at the subroutine
19:01 Joubu but I am not sure it makes sense not to define an age
19:02 Joubu ha yes it does, if the condition is sufficient
19:05 Joubu @later tell oleonard: Age is not mandatory, the conditions can be sufficient
19:05 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:19 indradg joined #koha
19:20 indradg hello #koha
19:24 cait joined #koha
19:26 * indradg waves at druthb
19:48 indradg joined #koha
19:50 davidnind joined #koha
19:51 Colinc joined #koha
19:52 andreashm joined #koha
19:52 * andreashm waves
19:53 * cait waves
19:57 cait koha meeting in 3 minutes
19:58 andreashm hi cait
19:58 andreashm oh, nice timing
19:58 andreashm Humm. Merge conflict in api/v1/swagger.js for bug 15165.
19:58 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , REST API routes to list, edit and pay borrower's accountlines
20:01 andreashm Could it be because of changes to bug 15126, which it depends on?
20:01 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15126 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , REST API: Use newer version of Swagger2
20:01 kathryn joined #koha
20:01 bgkriegel joined #koha
20:03 thd joined #koha
20:04 cait oops
20:04 cait andreashm: it's possible
20:04 cait meeting time!!!
20:04 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 4 May 2016
20:04 huginn Meeting started Wed May  4 20:04:55 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
20:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_4_may_2016'
20:04 cait #topic Introductions
20:05 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
20:05 cait please introduce yourself with #info!
20:05 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
20:05 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
20:05 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:05 Colinc #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe Ltd, UK
20:05 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:05 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ , Germany
20:05 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
20:05 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:06 bgkriegel_ #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba Argentina
20:06 cait today's agenda can be found at:
20:06 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, ESI, USA
20:07 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_4_May_2016
20:07 cait #topic Announcements
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
20:07 cait bag: ping?
20:07 cait hm some general things maybe - people are probably aware :)
20:08 cait #info We are in feature freeze now - only bug fixes are going to be pushed until release
20:08 cait there was also a lot of work done to fix jenkins - i hope we will see green soon
20:08 ikourmou joined #koha
20:08 cait Joubu: anything to add?
20:09 Joubu about?
20:09 Joubu I have just submitted some patches about plack compat
20:09 cait announcements :)
20:09 Joubu might be good to see them into the next release
20:09 cait we are missing our RM
20:10 cait #info Take a look at patches for better Plack compatibility
20:10 gmcharlt #info gmcharlt working on a master package; will be available over the next day or three
20:10 cait thx
20:10 cait i am going to skip update to releases - i think no rmaints available?
20:11 davidnind Hackfest in Marseille in October
20:11 cait ah thx davidnind
20:11 cait do you have the date on hand for an info?
20:11 thd I have one announcement
20:11 davidnind http://lists.koha-community.or[…]6-May/042650.html
20:12 indradg #Info Indranil Das Gupta, L2C2 Technologies, India
20:12 davidnind October, 10th - 14th for the Hackfest
20:12 cait #info Hackfest in Marseille will be October 10th - 15th
20:12 cait thd?
20:12 thd Koha would have much more of my time now if I could obtain a pro-bono or low cost lawyer for my friend's housing court case in New York City
20:13 thd Please see my wiki management proposal for details if you might know someone :)
20:13 drojf i don't think we have a lot of lawyers within the koha team
20:14 thd Of course it just a personal appeal for the possibility that someone might know someone.
20:14 thd I am sorry to have to make such an appeal but the welfare of my friend has to come before Koha.
20:15 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
20:15 drojf pauls mail said 10--14
20:15 drojf not 15
20:15 cait drojf: isn't hat what i wrote?
20:15 drojf nope
20:16 cait ugh
20:16 drojf :)
20:16 drojf ah it was just your typo, not a wroing info :)
20:16 cait #info Correction: Hackfest in Marseille will be October 10th - 14th (but of course it's nice to stay longer)
20:16 thd s/before Koha/before time for Koha/
20:16 drojf also he said cheese day is every day, so if you are like me,  bring a gasmask
20:16 drojf and oleonard will be there
20:17 drojf if i got that right
20:18 burdsjm joined #koha
20:18 cait yep
20:18 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
20:18 cait #info be aware, there will be lots of cheese at the Marseille hackfest
20:18 cait ok, moving on?
20:18 cait i'd like to talk elections next :)
20:18 pianohacker hi!
20:19 cait #topic Elections for the 16.11 release team
20:19 Topic for #koha is now Elections for the 16.11 release team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
20:19 pianohacker NOW you guys can talk about important stuff
20:19 talljoy ha!
20:19 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_16.11
20:19 drojf we got no release maintainer for stable
20:20 drojf which is… less than perfect? ^^
20:20 thd drojf: You are welcome to volunteer.
20:20 cait yep
20:20 pianohacker I haven't had a chance to volunteer, but I volunteer as tribu- QA for 16.11
20:20 drojf thd: thanks, i volunteered for something else
20:20 cait lol
20:20 cait pianohacker: can you add yourself to the wiki page then pleas? and thx!
20:21 pianohacker cait: I will, but may not get a chance right now, so wanted to put myself on the chopping block
20:21 rangi if no one else volunteers ill do rmaint for 16.05
20:21 drojf rangi++
20:22 cait ok, so at the moment we are missing rmaint 16.05 and possibly if people want to see it continue 3.20
20:22 cait also documentation manager - but I see that davidnind has put his hat down there now :)
20:22 Joubu pianohacker: just added you to the wiki page to the QA team
20:23 cait rangi: do you want to get voted in or wait a bit longer?
20:23 davidnind Happy to help with documentation, not sure if Nicole has just not updated the page...
20:23 pianohacker thanks Joubu
20:23 drojf davidnind: so far you are our man for everything :)
20:24 cait so let's start voting RM
20:24 davidnind hopefully you are just joking drojf ;-)
20:24 cait #startvote Release Manager: Brendan Gallagher (yes,no,abstain)
20:24 huginn Unable to parse vote topic and options.
20:24 cait abstain was the right word i hope?
20:24 thd pianohacker: Did nengard miss posting her name for documentation?
20:25 drojf davidnind: from what i see in the wiki… no :)
20:25 pianohacker thd: just texted her
20:25 cait #startvote Release Manager: Brendan Gallagher? (yes,no,abstain)
20:25 huginn Begin voting on: Release Manager: Brendan Gallagher? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:25 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:25 drojf #vote yes
20:25 thd #vote yes
20:25 talljoy #vote yes
20:25 davidnind #vote yes
20:25 indradg #vote yes
20:25 cait #vote yes
20:25 Colinc #vote yes
20:25 jzairo joined #koha
20:25 pianohacker #vote yes
20:25 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:25 pianohacker nengard just said she volunteers for doc manager for 16.11
20:25 Joubu is it the same proposal than for the previous release? Which means pianohacker and khall will be in the RM team also?
20:26 Joubu (don't mean it will change my vote, just want to know :))
20:26 pianohacker I'm in
20:26 pianohacker bag: is khall?
20:26 Joubu #vote yes
20:27 bag yes
20:27 edveal #info Ed Veal, Bywater Solutions US
20:27 edveal #yes
20:27 cait voting for RM - ends ina moment
20:27 cait edveal: #vote in front for it to count :)
20:27 edveal I know just a typo. thanks cait
20:27 edveal #vote yes
20:28 cait ending vote
20:28 cait #endvote
20:28 huginn Voted on "Release Manager: Brendan Gallagher?" Results are
20:28 huginn yes (11): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, pianohacker, Joubu, indradg, talljoy, edveal, thd, drojf
20:28 cait #agreed Release Manager: Brendan Gallagher
20:28 cait rangi: vote you in or wait?
20:28 rangi only wait if you think someone might volunteer
20:29 cait it's suddenly quiet in here :)
20:29 cait we are going to vote on module maintainers next
20:29 rangi i feel like thats an experiment that has failed
20:30 cait #startvote RMaints: Julian Maurice (3.22), Chris Cormack (16.05)? (yes,no,abstain)
20:30 huginn Begin voting on: RMaints: Julian Maurice (3.22), Chris Cormack (16.05)? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:30 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:30 davidnind #vote yes
20:30 Colinc #vote yes
20:30 cait #vote yes
20:30 talljoy #vote yes
20:30 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:30 edveal #vote yes
20:30 thd At some future point, with a larger community module maintainers may become a viable experiment.
20:30 drojf #vote yes
20:31 thd #vote yes
20:31 Joubu we should ping fredericd to know if he is still up for RMaint 3.20
20:31 bag bhghhguhgbhhbyhbngbnhgubhhuhuhuhnbjjjbbnhh​nbnbjmnbjhugjhjjujyuuhjhuujjhjjhbghvgvrre
20:31 gmcharlt no, I don't think we can permit a cat to be a release maintainer
20:31 gmcharlt sorry, felines!
20:31 bag gtdfdgfdfdcfdcffgdfgdhgrthklllmkhjnnjgjh​gjhjyutyutyutyyuuy77777huggjhhghggggytf
20:32 thd :)
20:32 cait ginny? :)
20:32 bag ah sorry that was Ginny
20:32 drojf CAT SHOULD MAINATIN EVERYTING!
20:32 cait ok, ending vote in a moment
20:32 bgkriegel_ :)
20:32 drojf sorry, that was the cat from outside
20:32 cait #endvote
20:32 huginn Voted on "RMaints: Julian Maurice (3.22), Chris Cormack (16.05)?" Results are
20:32 huginn yes (8): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, edveal, talljoy, thd, drojf
20:32 cait #agreed RMaints: Julian Maurice (3.22), Chris Cormack (16.05)
20:33 cait i typoed earlier - i think we won't have module maintainers for 16.11
20:33 talljoy cats++
20:33 cait so moving on to translation manager
20:33 cait bgkriegel thx for volunteering again!
20:33 drojf bgkriegel++
20:33 bgkriegel_ :)
20:33 cait #startvote Translation Manager: Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel? (yes,no,abstain)
20:33 huginn Begin voting on: Translation Manager: Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:33 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:33 cait #vote yes
20:33 thd #vote yes
20:33 indradg #vote yes
20:33 davidnind #vote yes
20:33 Colinc #vote yes
20:33 drojf #vote yes
20:34 andreashm #vote yes
20:34 Joubu (just emailed fredericd)
20:34 Joubu #vote yes
20:34 talljoy #vote yes
20:34 edveal #vote yes
20:34 cait Joubu++
20:34 cait ending vote in a moment
20:35 cait #endvote
20:35 huginn Voted on "Translation Manager: Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel?" Results are
20:35 huginn yes (10): Colinc, Joubu, davidnind, cait, andreashm, edveal, indradg, talljoy, thd, drojf
20:35 cait #agreed Translation Manager: Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
20:35 cait next is docs manager
20:35 cait i am going to combine nicole and david if noone disagrees :)
20:36 cait #startvote Documentation Manager: Nicole Engard, David Nind to help? (yes,no,abstain)
20:36 huginn Begin voting on: Documentation Manager: Nicole Engard, David Nind to help? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:36 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:36 cait #vote yes
20:36 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:36 rangi #vote yes
20:36 indradg #vote yes
20:36 thd #vote yes
20:36 talljoy #vote yes
20:36 Colinc #vote yes
20:36 Joubu #vote yes
20:36 edveal #vote yes
20:36 davidnind #vote yes
20:36 cait ending vote in a moment
20:37 cait #endvote
20:37 huginn Voted on "Documentation Manager: Nicole Engard, David Nind to help?" Results are
20:37 huginn yes (10): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, Joubu, indradg, talljoy, edveal, thd, rangi
20:37 cait #agreed Documentation Manager: Nicole Engard, David Nind to help
20:37 cait There is no volunteer for database documentation manager
20:37 cait i think maybe best if this kind of documentation is included in the patch adding a table or column
20:37 indradg +1
20:37 cait #chair drojf
20:37 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf
20:38 thd It may be an oversight by nengard.
20:38 Joubu I think it's part of the requirements
20:38 drojf ok so i guess we vote for QA manager and team :)
20:38 cait maybe doesn't need to be a separate role
20:38 teyekea joined #koha
20:38 drojf lets start with QA manager. cait is offering to do it again
20:38 drojf #startvote QA Manager: Katrin Fischer? (yes,no,abstain)
20:38 huginn Begin voting on: QA Manager: Katrin Fischer? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:38 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:38 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:39 indradg #vote yes
20:39 rangi #vote yes
20:39 Colinc #vote yes
20:39 drojf #vote yes
20:39 andreashm #vote yes
20:39 drojf (i did not forget this time ;) )
20:39 Joubu #vote yes
20:39 thd What happened to pianohacker on QA?
20:39 davidnind #vote yes
20:39 edveal #vote yes
20:39 thd #vote yes
20:39 thd Nevermind I see him. ;)
20:40 drojf everyone voted? will end vote in a moment
20:40 drojf ending vote now…
20:40 drojf #endvote
20:40 huginn Voted on "QA Manager: Katrin Fischer?" Results are
20:40 huginn yes (10): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, andreashm, Joubu, indradg, edveal, thd, drojf, rangi
20:41 drojf and we got a whole QA team to serve under cait…
20:41 drojf #startvote QA Team: Kyle M Hall, Jonathan Druart, Tomas Cohen Arazi, Marcel de Rooy, Nick Clemens, Jesse Weaver (yes,no,abstain)
20:41 huginn Unable to parse vote topic and options.
20:41 drojf heh
20:41 cait ?
20:41 drojf not sure what i broke
20:41 cait it wants a ?... silly thing
20:41 drojf ah
20:41 drojf ok
20:41 drojf
20:42 drojf #startvote QA Team: Kyle M Hall, Jonathan Druart, Tomas Cohen Arazi, Marcel de Rooy, Nick Clemens, Jesse Weaver? (yes,no,abstain)
20:42 huginn Begin voting on: QA Team: Kyle M Hall, Jonathan Druart, Tomas Cohen Arazi, Marcel de Rooy, Nick Clemens, Jesse Weaver? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:42 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:42 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:42 cait #vote yes
20:42 indradg #vote yes
20:42 andreashm #vote yes
20:42 davidnind #vote yes
20:42 thd #vote yes
20:42 Colinc #vote yes
20:42 drojf #vote yes
20:42 edveal #vote yes
20:42 talljoy #vote yes
20:43 drojf closing vote in a moment…
20:44 drojf #endvote
20:44 drojf #agreed QA Team: Kyle M Hall, Jonathan Druart, Tomas Cohen Arazi, Marcel de Rooy, Nick Clemens, Jesse Weaver
20:44 huginn Voted on "QA Team: Kyle M Hall, Jonathan Druart, Tomas Cohen Arazi, Marcel de Rooy, Nick Clemens, Jesse Weaver?" Results are
20:44 huginn yes (10): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, andreashm, edveal, indradg, talljoy, thd, drojf
20:44 rocio_away left #koha
20:44 drojf i think i missed this one…
20:44 drojf #agreed QA Manager: Katrin Fischer
20:44 drojf heh
20:45 cait next to vote on ... is packaging manager, so I am going to take over again :)
20:45 drojf handing back to cait
20:45 cait #startvote Packaging Manager: Mirko Tietgen? (yes,no,abstain)
20:45 huginn Begin voting on: Packaging Manager: Mirko Tietgen? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:45 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:45 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:45 cait #vote yes
20:45 indradg #vote yes
20:45 talljoy #vote yes
20:45 Colinc #vote yes
20:45 davidnind #vote yes
20:45 thd #vote yes
20:45 edveal #vote yes
20:46 Joubu #vote yes
20:46 rangi #vote yes
20:46 cait ending vote in a moment
20:46 gmcharlt #vote yes
20:47 cait :)
20:47 cait #endvote
20:47 huginn Voted on "Packaging Manager: Mirko Tietgen?" Results are
20:47 huginn yes (11): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, edveal, indradg, talljoy, Joubu, gmcharlt, thd, rangi
20:47 cait #agreed Packaging Manager: Mirko Tietgen
20:47 drojf damn
20:47 drojf ^^
20:47 cait congrats ;)
20:47 eythian G'luck drojf 🙂
20:47 drojf err, thanks
20:47 cait ok, almost done
20:47 drojf eythian: you will have a lot to teach me at the hackfest :)
20:48 bag drojf++
20:48 rangi drojf: we will have liw too?
20:48 cait #startvote Bug Wranglers: Indranil Das Gupta? (yes,no,abstain)
20:48 huginn Begin voting on: Bug Wranglers: Indranil Das Gupta? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:48 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:48 talljoy #vote yes
20:48 thd #vote yes
20:48 eythian Sure, I will tell you all the things I wanted to do so you can do them 😀
20:48 drojf rangi: that's the other hackfest ;)
20:48 edveal #vote yes
20:48 rangi #vote yes
20:48 Colinc #vote yes
20:48 drojf #vote yes
20:48 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:48 cait #vote yes
20:48 davidnind #vote yes
20:49 Joubu #vote yes
20:49 cait ending vote in a moment
20:50 gmcharlt #vote yes
20:50 drojf eythian: i hope some of them are what i want to do anyway :D
20:50 cait #endvote
20:50 huginn Voted on "Bug Wranglers: Indranil Das Gupta?" Results are
20:50 huginn yes (11): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, edveal, gmcharlt, talljoy, Joubu, thd, drojf, rangi
20:50 cait #agreed Bug Wranglers: Indranil Das Gupta
20:50 cait ok, one more to go
20:50 cait wiki curators
20:52 cait #startvote Wiki curators: Brooke (starting mid-June), Thomas Dukleth, David Nind? (yes,no,abstain)
20:52 huginn Begin voting on: Wiki curators: Brooke (starting mid-June), Thomas Dukleth, David Nind? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
20:52 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:52 thd #vote yes
20:52 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
20:52 Colinc #vote yes
20:52 edveal #vote yes
20:52 Joubu #vote yes
20:52 davidnind #vote yes
20:53 talljoy #vote yes
20:53 indradg #vote yes
20:53 jasim joined #koha
20:53 Joubu (we should add a new role on which we would vote no)
20:54 thd :)
20:54 gmcharlt Proprietary Extension Manager? ;)
20:54 indradg :)
20:54 thd :)
20:54 indradg LiveDVD ;-)
20:54 cait hehe
20:54 cait ending vote in a moment
20:54 cait #vote yes
20:54 cait #endvote
20:54 huginn Voted on "Wiki curators: Brooke (starting mid-June), Thomas Dukleth, David Nind?" Results are
20:54 huginn yes (9): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, Joubu, indradg, talljoy, edveal, thd
20:55 cait #agreed Wiki curators: Brooke (starting mid-June), Thomas Dukleth, David Nind
20:55 cait we are done!
20:55 cait thx to everyone volunteering!
20:55 cait moving on
20:56 cait ?
20:56 pianohacker y
20:56 cait #topic Hackfest in Berlin
20:56 Topic for #koha is now Hackfest in Berlin (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
20:56 cait drojf: ?
20:56 drojf oh
20:56 drojf well
20:57 drojf only a little places left
20:57 drojf seems to be an awesome event ;)
20:57 drojf can#t reeally say much new things
20:58 Joubu (just got an answer from fredericd: he is up for 16.05, or 3.20 if it's too late)
20:59 thd We had not yet voted on rangi's offer.
20:59 thd ... If I recall correctly.
20:59 drojf i outsourced the debian packaging workshop to kohacon for the greater good ;)
20:59 cait we elected, but we can still change
21:00 thd rangi: Are you still here?
21:01 thd If rangi is no longer here, perhaps we could notify him and reopen the question at the next meeting.
21:01 cait next meeting uusally will be after the rlease with the normal schedule
21:01 cait but we could work something out
21:02 thd Yes, true.
21:02 cait i guess one question is on what to do with 3.20
21:02 cait do we still want to maintain it?
21:03 cait oh the quiet
21:03 gmcharlt unless somebody is eager to maintain it, two stable releases seems sufficiently
21:04 Joubu it should be easier than 16.05
21:04 davidnind Normally current + previous? older releases if there is a maintainer
21:04 pianohacker if we drop it, do we still handle security patches?
21:04 pianohacker it = 3.20
21:05 cait pianohacker: needs someone to do it
21:05 Joubu only 2 sounds weird to me, it's only 1 year
21:06 rangi we normally have 3
21:06 rangi 18 months
21:06 rangi ill do 3.20
21:06 rangi fredericd can do 16.05
21:07 cait would that be ok with everyone if we voted on that again? Joubu: certain about fredericd?
21:07 andreashm fine with me
21:07 davidnind rangi++
21:07 davidnind fine with me
21:08 cait #topic Re-Elections
21:08 Topic for #koha is now Re-Elections (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
21:08 thd vote again now
21:08 Joubu "I was thinking about trying the stable 16.05 version" that's the translatable answer. So I'd say yes
21:09 cait #startvote Change for RMaints: Frederic Demians (16.05), Chris Cormack (3.20)? (yes,no,abstain)
21:09 huginn Begin voting on: Change for RMaints: Frederic Demians (16.05), Chris Cormack (3.20)? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
21:09 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:09 cait could someone update the wiki page for me please?
21:09 davidnind #vote yes
21:09 indradg cait: on it
21:09 indradg #vote yes
21:09 Colinc #vote yes
21:09 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
21:09 Joubu #vote yes
21:09 andreashm #vote yes
21:10 cait #vote yes
21:10 cait thx indradg
21:10 cait ending vote in a moment
21:10 cait #endvote
21:10 huginn Voted on "Change for RMaints: Frederic Demians (16.05), Chris Cormack (3.20)?" Results are
21:10 huginn yes (7): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, andreashm, Joubu, indradg
21:10 cait #agreed Change for RMaints: Frederic Demians (16.05), Chris Cormack (3.20)
21:10 cait moving on
21:10 cait #topic KohaCon16
21:10 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon16 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
21:11 cait ikourmou: still with us?
21:11 ikourmou yep!
21:11 cait yay1
21:11 cait :)
21:11 ikourmou three weeks away...
21:11 thd` joined #koha
21:11 ikourmou we are making the final arrangements
21:12 ikourmou we seem to have a little problem though lately
21:12 thd` I guess I was disconnected.  Did I miss the revote?
21:12 ikourmou more than 250 people registerd
21:13 rangi whoa!
21:13 rangi thats a good turnout :)
21:13 cait whoa indeed
21:13 ikourmou and the venue we booked will not be enough for all of them
21:13 cait #info more than 250 people registered
21:13 rangi are you making them confirm? (so you get a better idea how many will actually show up)
21:13 ikourmou but, yes, it;s a pleasant headache
21:14 rangi my guess is if 250 register, 200ish will show
21:14 rangi based on past experienc
21:14 rangi e
21:14 pianohacker thd`: yes: rangi for 3.20 and fredericd for 16.05
21:14 ikourmou I hope you are right @rangi
21:15 rangi but it wouldn;t hurt to send out please confirm you are attending emails .. just so you have a better idea :)
21:15 ikourmou anyway, we have another auditorium available and we will probably stream the whole event there too
21:15 cait rangi: they send confirm if you don't come emails :)
21:15 cait sent
21:16 rangi oh, hmm i dont remember getting one
21:16 ikourmou also more than 80 people stated that they are going to attend the hackfest
21:16 cait wow too!
21:16 rangi that would be great
21:16 drojf lol wtf
21:16 drojf do you have room for that? :)
21:16 cait lots of new devs to be recruited and testers
21:17 rangi for that many people i reckon we might want to split into a few rooms
21:17 rangi or it will be too loud
21:17 ikourmou I'm a little cautious with the last one, thinking that some (or many of them) don;t have a clear picture fo what a hackfest is...
21:17 rangi beginners room, presentations room, projects room
21:17 rangi or something
21:18 rangi the experienced devs could all take turns doing a few hours in the beginners room
21:18 ikourmou we are going to need your help and experience with this
21:18 rangi creating new devs :)
21:19 ikourmou I plan to send an email to the list asking for topics to deal with during the hackfest...
21:20 Joubu just after the release, we will have hundreds of little bugs to fix :)
21:20 rangi we will have the debian packaging tutorial .. i think having a room where people can do tutorials, presentations .. then some rooms where people can work
21:20 cait yep
21:20 rangi is a good way to do it
21:20 cait yeah 80 in one room oculd get loud - but nto sure what is doable
21:21 cait i can help with beginners too - but maybe not with setting up installations
21:22 rangi i reckon there are enough of us, so that we can take turns
21:22 ikourmou I would also like to ask the hackfest participants to spend some time dealing with the bugs / enhancements that are important for our library / installation. Do you think it;s ok?
21:22 rangi i think thats a great idea ikourmou
21:23 * cait agrees
21:23 davidnind Was at a Drupal hackfest in Melbourne last year, over 100 in the room (setup was with 7 or 8 seats at round tables, screen at front), with hackfest volunteers in bright t-shirts working/helping new attendees and hackfest 'manager' keeping to a loose programme
21:23 cait giving back something to the host... sounds very Koha I think?
21:23 rangi cait: exactly
21:24 cait :)
21:24 ikourmou ok, thanks for the advice and ideas, the organizing committee will surely take them into account.
21:25 davidnind perhaps more a flexible programme, rather than 'loose'...
21:25 cait ikourmou: i think we are all very much lookin gforward to the conference - thx for the great work organizing it
21:25 Joubu ikourmou: feel free to let us know the bug/enh list in advance
21:25 cait yep
21:25 rangi ikourmou++
21:25 cait ikourmou++
21:26 davidnind ikourmou++
21:26 ikourmou we might need some volunteers to chair some sessions, please keep that in mind ;-)
21:26 cait just ask
21:26 indradg ikourmou++
21:26 ikourmou ok, thx cait!
21:27 cait :)
21:27 cait ok, any more questions kohacon?
21:27 cait we have some remaining topics on the agenda
21:27 cait KohaCon17 - no change in proposals, so maybe skip?
21:27 cait voting process... as we are running late, maybe push that too
21:28 cait and a vote on the draft rulles for thd grants committee
21:28 cait is anyone of the funds committee available?
21:28 cait bag?
21:28 gmcharlt I'll do it
21:28 cait ah thx gmcharlt
21:28 bag :)
21:28 cait let me change topic
21:29 gmcharlt ok
21:29 cait #topic International koha Fund - Draft Rules for THT Grants Committee
21:29 Topic for #koha is now International koha Fund - Draft Rules for THT Grants Committee (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
21:29 cait #chair gmcharlt
21:29 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf gmcharlt
21:29 gmcharlt #info Minutes of the 19 April 2016 fundraising committee meeting: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_19_April_2016
21:29 gmcharlt During the meeting, we discussed some changes to the draft rules for the grants subcommittee based on feedback at an earlier general IRC meeting
21:30 gmcharlt #info Changes to draft rules: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]16342&oldid=16169
21:30 gmcharlt so, to enumerate the changes:
21:31 gmcharlt - we clarified the wording about contract employees and how they affect the rule that any given organization can have only one member on the subcommittee
21:31 gmcharlt - we changed quarter to period, as we don't expect to be reviewing grant applications quarterly (at least, not initially)
21:32 gmcharlt - we fixed a reference
21:33 gmcharlt #info Current version of grants committee rules: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_Grants_Committee
21:33 gmcharlt so, per the agenda today, I would like to call a community vote on those grant committee draft rules
21:34 gmcharlt upon a positive vote, they would then be forwarded to THT for their formal assent (although of course they've been following along during the development of the draft)
21:34 gmcharlt so, before I call the vote, does anybody wish to ask questions or discuss? Out of respect to the length of the meeting, I will keep discussion limited to just five minutes
21:35 gmcharlt (and if things prove controversial, defer the vote)
21:35 davidnind gmcharlt++
21:35 NateC joined #koha
21:36 bag hmm looks like no questions - move to vote?
21:37 cait +1
21:37 gmcharlt I'll give folks another 30 seconds before calling the vote
21:37 bag (sorry if I am too quick ;) )
21:37 * gmcharlt hums a prestissimo version of the Imperial March from Star Wars
21:38 gmcharlt and I'm done humming, and the 30 seconds have passed
21:38 bgkriegel_ :)
21:38 gmcharlt #vote Shall the draft rules for the Grants Committee be approved and formally forwarded to THT? (yes,no,abstain)
21:38 gmcharlt #startvote Shall the draft rules for the Grants Committee be approved and formally forwarded to THT? (yes,no,abstain)
21:38 huginn Begin voting on: Shall the draft rules for the Grants Committee be approved and formally forwarded to THT? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
21:38 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
21:38 liw joined #koha
21:38 davidnind #vote yes
21:39 thd` #vote yes
21:39 andreashm #vote yes
21:39 bgkriegel_ #vote yes
21:39 gmcharlt #vote yes
21:40 indradg #vote yes
21:40 gmcharlt I will hold the vote open for two more minutes
21:40 cait #vote yes
21:40 bag #vote yes
21:41 gmcharlt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73tGe3JE5IU
21:41 Colinc #vote yes
21:42 gmcharlt #endvote
21:42 huginn Voted on "Shall the draft rules for the Grants Committee be approved and formally forwarded to THT?" Results are
21:42 huginn yes (9): Colinc, bgkriegel_, davidnind, cait, andreashm, thd`, bag, indradg, gmcharlt
21:42 gmcharlt #agreed The draft rules of the Grants Committe of the Koha International Fund have the assent of the Koha community and will be formally forwarded to THT
21:43 gmcharlt there is another matter to discuss, but given the time, I'll push it out to the next general meeting: changing article 4 to permit majority vote rather than consensus
21:43 * gmcharlt hands the meeting back to cait
21:44 cait ok
21:44 cait i thnk given the time we will push actions to next
21:44 cait as i see some things there noted ashomework and have some doubts people did their homework :)
21:44 cait next meeting
21:44 cait #topic Next Meeting
21:44 Topic for #koha is now Next Meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2016)
21:44 cait wednesday...
21:45 cait wednesday June 8?
21:45 cait the week after kohacon
21:45 cait 10 utc
21:46 thd` Is it 10 UTC next time?
21:46 cdickinson joined #koha
21:46 thd` cait++\
21:46 davidnind yep - sounds good to me
21:46 * cait waits for vetos
21:47 cait #agreed Next meeting will be held on June 8, 10 UTC
21:47 cait #endmeeting
21:47 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct - https://koha-community.org/abo[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use http://paste.koha-community.org for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
21:47 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  4 21:47:04 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
21:47 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-04-20.04.html
21:47 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-05-04-20.04.txt
21:47 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-20.04.log.html
21:47 cait phew - thx everyone!
21:47 davidnind cait++
21:47 bgkriegel_ cait++
21:47 bgkriegel_ Bye
21:47 davidnind left #koha
21:47 gmcharlt cait++
21:48 Joubu bye #koha
21:48 rangi eythian: you about?
21:50 * thd` runs to his appointment.
21:52 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:52 huginn cait: The current temperature in Friedrichshafen, Germany is 9.0°C (11:20 PM CEST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
21:52 cait @wunder Berlin, Germany
21:52 huginn cait: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 10.0°C (11:20 PM CEST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 30.39 in 1029 hPa (Rising).
21:58 andreashm @wunder Sion
21:58 huginn andreashm: The current temperature in Sion military, Switzerland is 10.0°C (11:50 PM CEST on May 04, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
22:02 eythian rangi: sup?
22:03 rangi just checking you saw my later, happy to bring anything you want, if you get it delivered to catalyst
22:03 cait chocolate fish?
22:04 eythian Ta, but no need, the headphones I wanted seem to no longer be made. Ascent doesn't have them any more.
22:06 rangi ahh ascent are gone from the building too
22:06 rangi they are near the third eye now
22:07 rangi level 4 is all catalyst
22:07 eythian Did catalyst take over the space?
22:07 rangi yup
22:07 eythian Ah, cool
22:12 andreashm Anyone know if the presentations at KohaCon will be available afterwards or only streamed live?
22:12 cait sorry,  not sure
22:12 * andreashm was going to ask ikourmou, but forgot
22:13 cait if they are streaming to another room, maybe chance are good it's recorded same time
22:13 drojf andreashm: how much do you pay?
22:13 rangi its usually much easier to record for after than stream
22:14 drojf sorry, just checking my market value. lol
22:14 andreashm drojf: :P
22:14 drojf i'd assume if there#s a stream there#s a record
22:15 andreashm yeah, but it's not always but online I've noticed.
22:16 andreashm So I need to know if I can relax and look at the stuff I'm interested in late at night when the kids are sleeping, or if I need to pay attention to the schedule. =)
22:18 reza joined #koha
22:19 andreashm Ok, it's getting late here. time for bed. bye #koha
22:19 rangi cya andreashm
22:41 rangi http://www.stuff.co.nz/nationa[…]ellington-porirua
22:42 rangi it finally rained today
22:50 ibeardslee puck has headed out there
22:58 eythian I hear there's a nice pool in the carpark
23:03 papa joined #koha
23:06 eythian papa: hi
23:07 papa hey, hi there!
23:07 reza joined #koha
23:07 papa how's life?
23:10 eythian Oh, you no. Continental.
23:10 eythian *know
23:11 eythian Apparently I'm also losing command of English
23:19 aleisha joined #koha
23:19 aleisha hi all
23:20 cait hi aleisha :)
23:20 rangi hi aleisha
23:20 aleisha been sick all week
23:20 cait oh no
23:20 rangi stink :(
23:21 cait hope you feel better
23:21 rangi missing pizza thursday
23:21 aleisha yeah it's no fun :( thanks cait
23:21 aleisha UGH i always miss out
23:21 aleisha will be on and off working on bugs when i get home from uni though
23:22 rangi only if you feel better :)
23:46 papa eythian: maybe time to go to bed?
23:52 aleisha joined #koha
23:55 cait left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary