IRC log for #koha, 2014-11-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 irma_ joined #koha
00:24 dcook Interesting...
00:24 wahanui well, interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
00:24 dcook Apparently suggestions.pl also uses Koha::Cache...
00:25 dcook Do the packages set up memcached by default?
00:25 * dcook was thinking a bit about how the Debian packages must work...
00:25 dcook It's been a while since I've used them
00:26 dcook Hmm... still using sharefile-koha-koha when I have MEMCACHED_NAMESPACE set anyways it seems...
00:26 dcook That's... surprising
00:27 eythian they don't set it up by default
00:27 eythian it might create it, not sure if it'll use it.
00:27 eythian iirc it activates all the cache types on init
00:29 dcook Yeah, it does
00:29 dcook init that is
00:30 dcook Who owns the Koha files with the packages?
00:30 eythian it's a user per instance
00:30 eythian koha-instancename
00:34 dcook That's what I was thinking
00:35 dcook So how does the web server factor in?
00:35 dcook As it would need to write... help files and some cache files
00:35 eythian it...serves web pages?
00:35 eythian what's the question?
00:35 wahanui well, the question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
00:35 dcook Well at the moment, when I go to supggestions.pl, I'm getting a fatal error because the web server can't write to that cache file
00:36 dcook As it's owned by someone else
00:36 eythian oh, in the packages, the web stuff runs as the relevant user
00:36 dcook Actually...
00:36 dcook Sweet
00:36 eythian so it's never owned by someone else
00:36 dcook That makes sense
00:36 dcook (Although in hindsight, that might not be the problem I'm having atm)
00:38 eythian I regularly get it creating with the wrong permissions in my dev environment.
00:38 eythian because it's switching between web and command line
00:38 eythian I should make them be the same user
00:38 dcook Mmm, that must be the case this time
00:38 eythian ls -l will tell you
00:38 dcook Yeah, I just did that
00:40 eythian http://us2.campaign-archive2.c[…]fd3&id=174555d47c
00:40 eythian err, probalby not useful for most of you
00:43 eythian wahanui: metadata is <reply>http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=1176
00:43 wahanui ...but metadata is data... down with the distinction. ;)...
00:43 eythian wahanui: metadata is also <reply>http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=1176
00:43 wahanui okay, eythian.
00:50 dcook On an unrelated note, does anyone know why Suggestions might filter by default to the user's branch only sometimes?
00:52 dcook suggestion.pl is sure an interesting place to find oneself...
00:54 eythian because it's dumb
00:54 eythian it's a constant annoyance
00:54 eythian though I thought it was fixed
00:54 eythian I could be wrong though
00:54 wizzyrea I've seen that, it's an annoying thing.
00:55 dcook So annoying
01:02 dcook If I understand "$$suggestion_ref" correctly, it's absolutely ridiculous..
01:02 dcook I probably don't understand it correctly though as it's all over the place
01:03 eythian it's just a scalar dereference
01:03 eythian they're not common, but they're sensible enough
01:03 dcook Ah, that's not what I meant
01:03 eythian it's just usually you don't need them
01:03 dcook What I meant is... I don't know why the script uses the suggestion in a lot of places...
01:03 dcook It looks like it's using the first suggestion it comes across...
01:03 eythian ah
01:04 dcook So even though I have 5 suggestions for 5 branches, it's always going to use the first suggestion for the first branch :S
01:04 eythian ah
01:04 dcook But then I also see this
01:04 dcook my $suggestion_ref  = $input->Vars;
01:04 dcook :S
01:04 eythian eww
01:04 dcook And deleting all sorts of stuff out of that and yeah... it's a bit of a mess
01:05 dcook At least in 3.14.5
01:10 ka1vgm joined #koha
01:11 dcook my $branchfilter = ($displayby ne "branchcode") ? $input->param('branchcode') : '';
01:12 dcook my $displayby       = $input->param('displayby') || '';
01:12 dcook :S
01:12 dcook Huh...
01:12 dcook $$suggestion_ref{'branchcode'} = C4::Context->userenv->{'branch'};
01:14 dcook There shouldn't be any input...
01:19 dcook wth..
01:20 dcook $params .= $key . '=' . uri_escape($input->param($key)) . '&'
01:21 dcook Ah wait, that's not doing what I thought it was doing
01:21 dcook whew
01:22 dcook No idea at all how $input->param('branchcode') can possibly be set...
01:23 dcook Ah wait...
02:06 eythian joined #koha
02:30 dcook Ok... glad to know I'm not going crazy... something weird is happening..
02:32 ibeardslee are they mutually exclusive?
02:33 dcook Mmm
02:33 dcook In this case, I think so
02:33 dcook Overall, no
02:33 dcook ;)
02:36 dcook Somehow $input is being changed but I have no idea how..
02:36 dcook I'm guessing it's because of a reference somewhere...
02:36 dcook Which makes it super not obvious
02:37 dcook Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it
02:38 dcook $$suggestion_ref{'branchcode'} = C4::Context->userenv->{'branch'};
02:38 dcook Because... my $suggestion_ref  = $input->Vars;
02:39 dcook $suggestion_ref isn't a copy... it's a reference to the object
02:39 dcook I'm thinking this is something that got fixed..
02:40 dcook Hmm...
02:40 dcook Nope. Code looks the same in prod and in dev...
02:41 dcook But it seems to work right in dev
02:41 dcook Unless that's coincidence...
02:42 dcook Yeah... I'm thinking it's coincidence
02:45 dcook And... dbic error
02:48 dcook wth...
02:48 dcook my $suggestion      = $input->Vars;
02:49 dcook Mmm, rather old code...
02:58 dcook Ah, that's just a plain old accidental bug, me thinks
02:58 dcook The other one is... ugh
03:08 dcook Man... yeah... suggestions is ugly as sin
03:55 AmitG joined #koha
04:18 dac joined #koha
04:25 AmitG heya all
04:25 AmitG liz around?
04:28 eythian nope, she's gone
04:53 * eythian notes that it looks like the /svc API sometimes returns XML, sometimes JSON.
04:53 eythian I hope that's not true
04:55 * dac is pretty sure that's true
04:55 dac Like... 99.9% sure
04:56 eythian that's dumb
04:56 eythian one or the other, I don't care which
05:02 dcook Agreed
05:02 dcook Koha isn't that great for consistency
05:02 dcook I wonder sometimes how many rules it would take to be consistent though..
05:03 dcook If we went to a more service oriented structure, it would probably be easier to be consistent
05:03 dcook Maybe
05:03 eythian definitely
05:03 * dcook counts how many super long emails he's just sent out
05:03 eythian there's also this handy library for working with json, but to authenticate, you use the XML part.
05:04 dcook ?
05:04 eythian well, you call svc/authenticate and it responds in XML
05:05 eythian then you can use svc/config/systempreferences/* and it responds in json
05:05 eythian there is no planet where this is sane
05:06 dcook Ahh, k. For a moment, I thought you were saying that it was sane
05:06 dcook Almost pulled one of those O_o faces
05:49 cait joined #koha
06:50 * magnuse waves
06:50 dcook heya magnuse && cait
06:50 dcook btw, thanks for opening that report, cait :)
06:50 dcook I was a bit swamped today and couldn't confirm for sure
06:52 magnuse hm, is there somwhere we map between email domain names and institution names?
06:53 dcook magnuse: How do you mean?
06:53 magnuse i thought it was .mailmap, but it doesn't look like it
06:53 cait magnuse: i think maybe in the release notes script
06:53 magnuse ah, ok
06:53 cait tomas said he had asked on the list, but i think imissed the mail
06:53 * dcook isn't sure
06:54 magnuse this looks promising: http://git.koha-community.org/[…]=gitdm/domain-map :-)
06:54 magnuse cait++
06:56 magnuse also bug 13314
06:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13314 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , Fixes to .mailmap for the 3.18 release
07:15 * magnuse sent tcohen an email
07:16 dcook Ok. I got to bounce.
07:16 dcook Night all :)
07:16 magnuse have fun dcook
07:16 cait night dcook
07:23 laurence joined #koha
07:24 ashimema Monring #koha
07:25 magnuse kia ora ashimema and laurence
07:25 * magnuse wishes we had tons of integration tests
07:25 ashimema Don't we all Magnuse
07:25 laurence hi magnuse
07:26 ashimema I'm still a bit hazy on writing integration tests (as apposed to unit tests) myself thouhg :(
07:26 ashimema Never could get Selenium working reliably...
07:26 magnuse i think of it as tests using Test::WWW::Mechanize or something similar
07:26 cait ashimema: me neither
07:27 ashimema indeed.. that's a more sensible route.. but also more work and my understanding was that selenium should be so simple that every day users could write/record tests
07:27 cait that is maybe a bit too ambiious
07:27 ashimema Would be fantastic to have a 'record' type testing framework.. to just record and replay actions
07:28 ashimema warning if they don't replay correctly of course
07:28 ashimema else it would be a meanigless 'test'
07:29 magnuse hehe
07:29 cait with our templates changing too much, not sure if it makes sense to have them right now or focus on other clean up tasks first
07:29 cait there is soo crzay much we shoudl be doing
07:29 magnuse one step at a time :-)
07:30 liw I've found the "recording" type test frameworks to be fragile against changes: you get to re-create the test too often when minute details change that don't really affect the thing being tested but ruin the recording
07:30 magnuse good point, liw
07:30 ashimema indeed... me to
07:30 liw (but I have not enough experience with web stuff to be able to say anything actually useful that Koha _should_ do)
07:31 ashimema doesn't stop me wishing they worked a bit better though ;)
07:31 cait talking about steps... it's time to go to owrk :)
07:31 cait bbiab
07:31 magnuse have fun cait
07:31 magnuse one of these days i will get around to reading http://modernperlbooks.com/mt/[…]dom-and-mech.html
07:32 * ashimema thinks he may have to re-acquaint himself with 'dd' today.
07:32 cait dd?
07:32 wahanui dd is, like, Debian Developer
07:32 ashimema dd is a linux tool to bit by bit copy stuff cait.
07:32 ashimema I got myself a shiny new latop on saturday..
07:33 ashimema before I strip it of windows and install linux I felt I aught to back up the spagetti of partitions they now call windows... just in case I eer needed to make a warranty claim (as they seem to claim warranties are now void if you wipe windows!)
07:33 cait ashimema: yay!!!
07:34 cait for the new machine
07:34 cait boooo for the windows thing
07:34 ashimema I've never seen so many crazy partitions shippped on a machine before..
07:34 ashimema it's madness
07:34 cait but good luck with the new machine
07:34 cait hope it will stop you from falling out of irc all the time :)
07:34 cait andnow... i amreally gone :)
07:35 ashimema and man windos 8.1 is really really naughty demanding personal details all over the shop
07:36 * magnuse bought a laptop without an os
07:36 ashimema @you'de like to login to your new computer would you... ok, you'll need a microsoft account for that.. tell me every tiny personal detail about you and i'll store it forever on my cloud.. then, maybe, if your locuky I'll let you sign in to your new computer
07:36 huginn ashimema: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
07:36 ashimema I had to get one in a hurry magnuse.. my last one finally completely blew up last week and I'm meant to be out with customers this week..
07:36 ashimema hense walking into a shop and getting one off the shelf
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:45 rangi ashimema: look at  t/db_dependent/www/batch.t
07:46 rangi also http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]th_WWW::Mechanize
07:46 ashimema will do.. thanks Rangi
07:49 * ashimema wishes he had more time to focus on koha at the moment... but alas other projects are at the top of the pile right now :(
07:55 alex_a joined #koha
07:56 alex_a bonjour
07:57 magnuse jcamins++
07:57 magnuse the new library in Bodø: http://www.theguardian.com/art[…]MP=share_btn_link
07:57 magnuse @wunder boo
07:57 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 2.0°C (8:50 AM CET on November 24, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: -5.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
07:58 magnuse one problem with the integrations tests is example data. should we have a default set of sample data? should the tests create the data they need? or should the tests be configurable so they could work with different data?
07:58 cait joined #koha
07:58 cait hi #koha
07:59 magnuse kia ora cait
08:06 cait hi magnuse
08:08 paul_p joined #koha
08:12 cait morning paul_p
08:12 cait are you back home?
08:12 paul_p hi cait. Yep, back home
08:12 paul_p (after a week-end in Nazareth)
08:13 cait did you have a good time?
08:14 cait hm is pootle down?
08:15 magnuse maybe someone wanted to give translators the weekend off? ;-)
08:16 cait heh
08:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:25 gaetan_B hello
08:29 akafred joined #koha
08:32 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B and akafred
08:44 marcelr joined #koha
08:44 marcelr hi #koha
08:44 magnuse hiya marcelr
08:44 marcelr :)
08:50 sophie_m joined #koha
08:56 Oak joined #koha
08:56 * Oak waves
08:59 magnuse Oak
09:01 mveron joined #koha
09:01 kivilahtio joined #koha
09:03 mveron Hi #koha
09:04 Oak magnuse
09:04 Oak hello mveron
09:04 Oak Lady Katrin.
09:04 mveron hello Oak
09:04 mveron ...and all the others
09:04 kivilahtio hello Oak
09:04 mveron @wunder Allschwil
09:04 Oak hey kivilahtio
09:04 wahanui somebody said kivilahtio was working to integrate our SMS provider to Koha
09:04 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Wetter Allschwil, Allschwil, Switzerland is 10.6°C (10:04 AM CET on November 24, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
09:05 kivilahtio wahanui: I already did, but we are canging our SMS provider
09:05 wahanui OK, kivilahtio.
09:05 kivilahtio @wunder Joensuu
09:05 huginn kivilahtio: The current temperature in Kontiolahti, Finland is 0.5°C (11:04 AM EET on November 24, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 96%. Dew Point: -0.0°C. Windchill: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.39 in 1029 hPa (Falling).
09:08 mveron wahanui: Are you a bot?  :-)
09:08 wahanui OK, mveron.
09:08 kivilahtio wahanui is my friend
09:08 mveron :-)
09:08 kivilahtio I am looking for information regarding Zebra not indexing all records in our DB, and can't figure out could we search our mailing list?
09:09 kivilahtio I guess someone must have encountered a similar issue.
09:09 kivilahtio CAn I search the mailing list archive?
09:09 mveron cait: I prefer Vor-Ort-Ausleihe (On-site-checkouts)
09:09 mveron And hi :-)
09:10 kivilahtio Is Zebra still under development? I don't remember there being facets in zebra?
09:12 cait hi Oak, mveron and kivilahtio
09:13 * mveron is invited to a Glögi... Maybe kivilahtio can explain?
09:13 cait kivilahtio: there have been facets for a while - we didn't use them until lately
09:13 cait kivilahtio: it's sitll being developed i think, if you look on the indexdata website you shoudl see when the last version came out
09:14 cait kivilahtio: and congratulations for the prize :)
09:14 cait kivilahtio: ther eis a script in the misc folder somewhere... something with slice - it could help you find the records that don't get indexed
09:14 cait also maybe running a reindex with more verbosity?
09:15 cait ... and Joubu++ for patching 13329
09:15 cait now we need a sign off..
09:16 Joubu Hi cait, #koha o/
09:18 kivilahtio mveron, you should go. It is warm and tasty
09:19 kivilahtio cait: we won a prize?
09:19 kivilahtio :)
09:19 cait hm, there was a video and lots of finish, hope google translate didn't mess up :)
09:20 kivilahtio yeah, Ministry of Culture and Education gave us the annual library innovators award
09:20 kivilahtio cait: This is a bit silly guestion but can I search the mailing list? All I get is hte archive :(
09:21 cait i think you can probably, using one of the mirrors
09:21 cait nabble or something?
09:21 kivilahtio ok
09:21 cait ... and you shoudl write something for the newsletter about that
09:21 kivilahtio cait: Yeah, we are working on it
09:21 cait it sounds like a pretty cool award :)
09:21 cait great :)
09:22 kivilahtio cait: so expect us :)
09:22 kivilahtio so gmane.org mirrors our koha-devel -mailinglist?
09:22 cait there are some
09:23 kivilahtio then we search from gmane to find the entries in koha-devel?
09:23 cait i think one should have a search funtion at least
09:23 kivilahtio strange world
09:23 cait you could probably also just use google :)
09:23 kivilahtio nah
09:23 cait or another search of your choice
09:23 kivilahtio i use DuckDuckgo.org
09:24 kivilahtio *I think I need to read the zebra manual from top to bottom
09:24 kivilahtio The more I work with Zebra the less I feel the need to change to elasticsearch
09:25 kivilahtio but I can imagine issues with large catalogues of 100GB+
09:25 kivilahtio I mean I am finding solutions to manyu issues made possibly by clever use of XSLT
09:27 marcelr kivilahtio: see also bug 12872; i have to get it out of FQA again
09:27 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12872 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Failed QA , Exclude some fields from Zebra indexing
09:29 cait marcelr: sorry, haven't read the whole thread yet - thx for your patience :)
09:29 marcelr np
09:30 magnuse yeah congrats kivilahtio!
09:31 kivilahtio thanks magnuse
09:31 kivilahtio lots of hard work :)
09:31 magnuse who was the guy on stage with you? ari mäkiranta?
09:31 kivilahtio but I am getting out of the frying pan !!
09:31 magnuse ...and into the fire?
09:31 kivilahtio magnuse: Yes, Ari
09:31 kivilahtio lol
09:31 kivilahtio maybe
09:32 magnuse cool, thought i recognized him
09:34 kivilahtio magnuse: Any ideas why our Zebra doesn't index all records? In zebraqueue there definetely are entries where the given biblios have been indexed by rebuild_zebra.pl but I cannot find those records from Zebra using the Yaz-client? Even a full bibliographic reindexing doesn't help here.
09:35 kivilahtio now when I manually reindex those individual records, they become visible in the zebra.
09:35 kivilahtio this is very strange and happens randomly
09:37 AmitG joined #koha
09:37 AmitG chris around?
09:38 magnuse kivilahtio: how do you "manually reindex those individual records"?
09:39 magnuse very weird if even a full reindex does not help
09:40 kivilahtio magnuse: I run the ModZebra( $biblionumber, "specialUpdate", "biblioserver" ); in a script to add the biblionumber to the zebraqueue and run the incremental rebuild_zebra.pl
09:41 kivilahtio this seems to work
09:41 kivilahtio but we cannot manually reindex (or force reindex) every time we add new records. To add insult to injury, some old records are missing as well. We got a reservation for a book, which couldn't be found.
09:41 cait sounds indeed a bit weird
09:42 kivilahtio Book was in DB and everything was ok but the zebra index record was missing
09:42 cait seems like your script would do the same as the normal reindexing?
09:42 kivilahtio yes
09:42 kivilahtio exactly, and the records are already normally indexed
09:42 kivilahtio sometimes the normal indexing doesn't work
09:43 kivilahtio I have a gut feeling this is an incredibly painful Zebra-problem
09:46 cait hm which version are you on?
09:46 cait could it be a runtime thing?
09:46 cait one index run not finished when the next starts...
09:47 cait and are you using ht enormal -z way of indexing?
09:47 kivilahtio yes
09:47 kivilahtio 3.16.04
09:48 kivilahtio rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z -v runs every two minutes. There is a lock file in place to prevent all our cronjobs from starting before the running cronjobs closes
09:48 cait yeah, 3.16.4 shoudl have that
09:49 kivilahtio rebuild_zebra.pl waits for the zebraidx to end before closing hte process
09:50 kivilahtio cait: I made a wrapper for all koha-cronjobs to time them and to lock them from running on top of each others
09:50 kivilahtio then log everything
09:50 magnuse anything special about the missing records? like a missing 000 or 001 or something?
09:51 kivilahtio magnuse: zebraidx should throw errors if there are errors with the records
09:51 kivilahtio however
09:51 magnuse if you edit the missing record, does it get indexed by the normal process?
09:51 cait kivilahtio: for the zebra script koha shoudl take care of that now itself
09:51 magnuse -z
09:54 kivilahtio magnuse: yes
09:54 kivilahtio magnuse: it works fine
09:55 cait so it's something with how the cronjob runs... occasionally? feels like we can rule out the record itself
09:55 kivilahtio I have no idea. My guess is that the space for the zebra index is getting low, or is spent and maybe indexing new records make old records vanish?
09:55 kivilahtio is this crazy?
09:56 kivilahtio or should Zebra just crash when the allocated disk space is used?
09:56 kivilahtio you set the index space from the zebra config files
09:58 magnuse i think it will crash if there is no more space
10:06 * cait agrees with magnuse
10:07 kivilahtio I think I will crash :)
10:07 kivilahtio maybe there is a small gnome who randomly logs in to our server and randomly deletes stuff, like zebra index records
10:07 kivilahtio or maybe some message_queue -etries
10:08 cait that sounds very likel
10:08 cait y
10:08 cait you shoudl setup gnome traps
10:08 kivilahtio cait: I should
10:09 kivilahtio but it doesnt' explain why after a full reindex those records are not available
10:09 magnuse yeah, that is really weird
10:10 magnuse so you notice a record is missing from the index, do a full reindex, still missing, put it in the zebra queue and then when -z has done its thing it is searchable?
10:10 kivilahtio yes
10:10 kivilahtio exactly
10:11 magnuse wow, that is weird
10:11 kivilahtio tell me about it, maybe there is something wrong with the full indexing
10:11 magnuse i can't remember hearing about that before
10:11 kivilahtio maybe it doesn't actually reindex fully
10:11 kivilahtio still there is the small gnome deleting those index records
10:14 magnuse could it be that the full reindex fails silently?
10:14 kivilahtio then we shouldn't have a search index in the first place :)
10:15 kivilahtio lemme see
10:15 magnuse true
10:16 magnuse have you tried reindexing without the shadow indexing? that *will* make searching unavailable during the indexing
10:27 kivilahtio i htought the searching has always been unavailable during full reindexing
10:29 kivilahtio thanks for the tip. I'll try that
10:32 magnuse no, if you do a normal full reindex, it will build the new index in a temporary location, while serving new searches from the old index. then when the new index is finished it will replace the old index. or so i think...
10:35 kivilahtio magnuse: When doing the full reindexing our searches have always been off when the zebraidx starts, without the -w -flag
10:40 magnuse hm, that is not how it should work, i *think*
10:40 * cait agrees
10:54 * mveron can not open http://translate.koha-community.org (as yesterday)
10:55 cait i dropped bernardo an email
10:55 mveron Thanks, cait :-)
11:00 cait argentina is a few hours behind us, not sure when he will see it
11:02 magnuse tcohen often shows up around this time, i think?
12:10 khall joined #koha
12:12 tcohen joined #koha
12:15 cait morning tcohen
12:15 tcohen morning cait
12:15 * tcohen is uploading the french subtitles
12:33 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
12:33 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba Aerodrome, Argentina is 22.0°C (9:00 AM ART on November 24, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.76 in 1008 hPa (Rising).
12:34 mveron joined #koha
12:39 marcelr khall: i looked at bug 13019, have two questions on the report
12:39 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13019 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add base classes on which to build Koha objects
12:40 cait can someone please sign off the suggestion blocker?
12:40 cait it has a patch now and is on the circ bugs wiki page
12:40 * cait has to run off to a meeting
12:41 jcamins magnuse: what did I do?
12:41 khall marcelr: what are your questions?
12:41 khall ah, I see
12:42 khall I'm not entirely sure about the encode question. i'll test and confirm if it's needed
12:43 khall marcelr: I really don't see that advantage to having a find method in Koha::Object. We've already got it in Koha::Objects, which is where we have all object getting methods already
12:44 khall in addition, it means we have two separate implementations of fetch which could deviate over time
12:44 khall does that make sense marcelr?
12:45 dac joined #koha
12:50 NateC joined #koha
12:52 ashimema wow.. this new laptop comes with no less than 7 partitions out of the box..
12:52 ashimema what happened to windows in the intervening years since I last played with it..
12:53 meliss joined #koha
12:54 meliss left #koha
12:57 oleonard joined #koha
12:58 tcohen fredericd: did u see my followup for 13157?
12:59 oleonard Hi #koha
12:59 khall marcelr: I signed off on your last followup and set to passed qa. Please change the status if you weren't ready to pass it.
12:59 marcelr i look
13:00 khall I think renaming new_from_dbic was a good idea
13:00 marcelr did you test the encode?
13:01 khall doh! Let me test that right now. Haven't been sleeping too well. Daria's teething now ; )
13:01 marcelr no problem with removing the last patch for find
13:01 marcelr ok
13:01 marcelr the two finds would get out of sync little bit
13:03 oleonard Hey barton, a belated happy birthday to you!
13:03 barton ah, thanks! :-)
13:04 tcohen khall and marcel, i'm sure you're testing the use of encode in the context of 11944, right?
13:05 marcelr no
13:05 tcohen barton: happy birthday
13:05 marcelr i think the encode in bg 13019 must be removed
13:05 khall tcohen: I'll test on top of bug 11944
13:05 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
13:06 tcohen yeap, we already have regression tests for UTF-8
13:06 barton thanks tcohen
13:06 khall marcelr: I've tested from the command line and so far it looks like the encode is not needed
13:06 tcohen probably at the beggining of the 3.20 cycle they'll have enough coverage we can feel confident on pushing
13:06 marcelr khall: i tested with  遺跡発見 and with áéíóú in the surname in a modified Borrowers.t
13:06 marcelr the encode must be removed
13:06 marcelr you do not need it
13:06 khall marcelr: I'll post a patch right now and you can sign off on it
13:07 marcelr ok
13:07 carmenh joined #koha
13:09 khall marcelr: ok, patch has been uploaded!
13:09 marcelr ok i look
13:11 marcelr khall: will still add a qa comment
13:11 khall excellent!
13:11 marcelr and change status again
13:11 wahanui marcelr: that doesn't look right
13:12 marcelr no sir
13:16 magnuse jcamins: you made an integration test and documented stuff on the wiki :-)
13:17 jcamins magnuse: oh, yeah.
13:22 tgoat joined #koha
13:23 edveal joined #koha
13:24 tcohen morning jcamins
13:24 jcamins Morning.
13:24 wahanui Ah, morning. The cat must be wanting breakfast.
13:24 druthb wahanui:  morning?
13:24 wahanui druthb: bugger all, i dunno
13:25 * druthb scratches her head, and goes back to her corner.
13:25 marcelr tcohen: bug 13019 is for you now!
13:25 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13019 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add base classes on which to build Koha objects
13:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 tcohen oh noes
13:51 mveron cait: Bug 13329 is signed-off
13:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13329 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Can't make new suggestion with AllowPurchaseSuggestionBranchChoice turned on
13:51 * mveron has a meeting...
13:55 talljoy joined #koha
14:08 magnuse tcohen++
14:16 maryj joined #koha
14:23 cait mveron++
14:30 nengard joined #koha
14:37 cma joined #koha
15:05 kmlussier joined #koha
15:06 tcohen @later tell rangi how are you calculating the new devs?
15:06 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
15:17 ashimema joined #koha
15:32 cait tcohen: manually :)
15:32 tcohen cait++
15:32 tcohen rangi++
15:32 cait afaik he updates that portion of the dashboard manually
15:33 tcohen will create a new_devs_3.18.tt template ;-)
15:33 cait ah for the release notes?
15:34 cait i think there is script from marcel on the about.pl omnibus bug that does soemthing like find missing people
15:37 khall oleonard: want to give bug 12123 a shot when you have a moment?
15:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12123 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , HTML notices can break the notice viewer
15:38 khall it's an easy test and I though you may be able to make it more prettier ; )
15:40 Asc joined #koha
15:40 rocio joined #koha
15:49 JoshB joined #koha
15:50 tcohen i love this community
15:58 ashimema cait you about..?
15:58 ashimema community++
15:59 cait only half
15:59 cait well maybe about a third...
15:59 cait ashimema?
15:59 wahanui ashimema is on qa now .)
16:02 ashimema haha.
16:02 burdsjm joined #koha
16:29 mtj hey #koha, have other people spotted weird behaviour around the 'visibility' stuff, for subfields in fwrks
16:29 mtj Visibility:   OPAC   Intranet   Editor   Collapsed   Flagged
16:31 mtj specifically with the 'editor' checked ^
16:32 mtj when creating a new bib, with that fwrk - the 'checked' subfield shows in the editor (good)
16:32 mtj but then..enabling some of the other visibility options for the subfield, in the fwrk
16:33 mtj ..the subfield no longer shows in the editor, anymore?!
16:33 mtj in 3.14... and master too
16:36 ashimema any git bz pros here..
16:37 mtj whats up ashimema?
16:37 ashimema randomly can't seem to attach a patch :(
16:38 mtj a timeout error?
16:38 pastebot "ashimema" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "git-bz" (14 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/294
16:38 ashimema nah..
16:38 ashimema really odd one I've never seen before.
16:38 cait left #koha
16:38 ashimema no idea where the biblibre branch is coming from..
16:39 ashimema I removed the biblibre remote days ago..
16:39 ashimema seems like somthings got out of sync..
16:39 ashimema but surely bz shouldn't care about that..
16:40 ashimema @seen dpavlin
16:40 huginn ashimema: dpavlin was last seen in #koha 11 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <dpavlin> khall: take a look at bug 12729 -- I opted to use mysql to tell me if date is overdue which will probably have some performance advantage over using DateTime perl module
16:40 mtj hmm, thats an 'interesting' one ashimema :/
16:40 ashimema yeah.. I'm baffled..
16:41 ashimema What more weird is that I only push up another patch moments ago and that went fine.
16:41 mtj http://stackoverflow.com/quest[…]t-some-refs-could
16:42 mtj http://stackoverflow.com/quest[…]igin-head-get-set
16:42 mtj all stuff ive never done before
16:43 mtj its one of those 'your repo is somehow out-of-sync with a remote repo' bugs, huh..
16:45 ashimema very odd..
16:46 ashimema could do without this headache today..
16:46 ashimema thanks mtj
16:47 mtj np
16:47 mtj curious...
16:47 mtj $  git branch -a | grep biblibre
16:47 mtj what does that give you? ^
16:48 ashimema sorted..
16:48 ashimema there were some old refs lying around.
16:48 ashimema the above command gave nothing..
16:49 ashimema But.. when I did a grep for biblibre inside my .git dir
16:49 ashimema I found 11944 in a ref
16:49 ashimema rm -rfv refs/biblibre nuked it..
16:49 ashimema the git gc
16:49 wahanui i think the git gc is fine
16:49 ashimema and git started to work :)
16:49 ashimema odd indeed..
16:50 mtj sweet :0)
16:52 ashimema any ldap people in da' house?
16:53 ashimema need comments on bug 12831 and bug 9165
16:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12831 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , local only logins should still work when ldap authentication is enabled
16:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9165 enhancement, P4, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Allow preventing passwords from being stored locally when using LDAP
16:53 bag morning
16:55 ashimema hey bag..
16:56 nengard_phone hi all is there a jquery way i can hide popularity as a sort option in the opac?
16:58 laurence left #koha
17:05 mtj $( "optgroup[label*='Popularity']" ).remove()
17:05 mtj something like that? ^
17:10 mtj hows this for a weird bug..
17:10 mtj ..if you decide to hide a subfield in the OPAC, via the frameworks - it no longer shows in the cataloging editor
17:13 oleonard Has hiding a subfield in the OPAC ever really worked properly?
17:14 mtj hmm, i recall reading a related bug to this... the bitwise math was buggy, for the subfield visibility stuff
17:14 mtj heh, fair point owen :)
17:14 mtj the bug seems to be quite subtle...
17:15 mtj if you hide both opac and staff options,  subfield displays OK in editor
17:15 mtj if you hide staff, display opac - subfield displays OK in editor
17:16 mtj but... if you hide opac, display staff - subfield *wont* display in editor
17:23 mtj looking fwd to fixing that one
17:34 talljoy joined #koha
17:35 reiveune bye
17:35 reiveune left #koha
18:20 tcohen oleonard: any thoughts about the <nav> tag?
18:22 oleonard I don't know a lot about it tcohen
18:23 oleonard To my understanding most of the new HTML5 elements are interesting if you're concerned about semantics but that there aren't necessarily practical benefits from user agents yet
18:26 * tcohen is tidying the release notes templates
18:27 oleonard tcohen: Perhaps I misunderstand your question?
18:27 tcohen i'm refactoring (a bit) the release notes templates, and am adding a table of contents
18:28 tcohen just wanted to know if it would be fine to use it
18:28 oleonard Oh I see
18:28 tcohen (<nav>)
18:28 tcohen i think it will fit well inside wordpress (the main purpose)
18:34 tcohen oleonard: http://snag.gy/AFTBI.jpg
19:04 rangi i like it
19:04 rangi fwiw
19:04 rangi tcohen: the history.txt
19:05 rangi new devs since the 3.16.0 release
19:06 tcohen ah
19:06 tcohen :-D
19:08 oleonard Hi rangi
19:18 oleonard Has anyone called for the death of MARC yet today?
19:20 rangi im sure
19:24 bag death of marc
19:25 tcohen bag++
19:26 cait joined #koha
19:33 cait hi #koha
19:48 bag hey cait
19:52 cait hi bag
20:09 tcohen bye #koha
20:10 mtj stupid dev question here... what techniques do people use to dump stuff to log files when debugging koha?
20:10 mtj ..other that just the generic apache error.log file
20:11 mtj than
20:11 cait oh
20:11 cait bye tcohen
20:12 cait mtj: normally using warns
20:12 cait and that goes into the koha log files
20:12 gaetan_B bye
20:12 mtj yeah... me too cait
20:16 mtj i really need a way to turn off  all that apache line noise stuff in the error.log
20:17 mtj i dont think i ever worked out how to do that! :)
20:18 mtj all the crap either side of the actual warn msg, itself
20:19 wizzyrea line noise?
20:19 mtj [Tue Nov 25 09:04:19 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.107]  XXXXX  referer: http://master.xen1.kohaaloha.c[…]pl?frameworkcode=
20:19 mtj [Tue Nov 25 09:04:19 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.107]  XXXXX  referer: http://master.xen1.kohaaloha.c[…]pl?frameworkcode=
20:19 mtj [Tue Nov 25 09:04:19 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.107]  XXXXX  referer: http://master.xen1.kohaaloha.c[…]pl?frameworkcode=
20:19 mtj ..all the stuff that is not 'XXXXX' ^
20:19 wizzyrea I'm sure the logfile definitions are in /etc/koha somewhere, in one of the shared
20:19 wizzyrea files
20:20 wizzyrea a directive like "logformat"
20:20 mtj awesome :)
20:20 wizzyrea and if it's not there, it's probably in the apache config
20:20 wizzyrea you can specify your own logformat as well
20:22 wizzyrea https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html might help (note, that's not really a "rtfm," it just looks like one - that's what I used the last time I was thinking about the contents of logs.
20:22 mtj ooh, i can almost taste the victory...
20:23 mtj fwiw, i'm already on that page :)
20:23 wizzyrea :D
20:23 mtj well.. it was one of the many tabs i was reading thru...
20:26 wizzyrea but basically, what I'd do, is set up a logformat with just the things you want, give it a nickname
20:26 wizzyrea then make a CustomLog that uses that
20:27 wizzyrea then you don't have to change the default ones.
20:27 cait hm need a sign off of for 13330 please
20:27 cait bug 13330
20:27 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13330 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , All overdue items with fines returned via checkouts table will have fines forgiven!
20:27 wizzyrea O.o.
20:28 cait yes exactly
20:45 trea joined #koha
20:46 mtj ive sort of just clicked on still on debian/apache 2.2, not 2.4
20:49 mtj no  'ErrorLogFormat' directive until 2.4
20:59 mtj looks like its time to bump my box to apache2.4 :0)
20:59 wizzyrea there's something similar for the older version though
20:59 wizzyrea I've used it...
21:00 rocio left #koha
21:01 mtj hum really?!, the webs say its a no-go
21:01 mtj http://serverfault.com/questio[…]r-log-in-apache-2
21:01 mtj ahh...
21:01 mtj http://httpd.apache.org/docs/t[…]od_log_debug.html
21:02 mtj that perhaps? ^
21:03 * mtj winces
21:04 mtj hey, this has been a bugbear of mine for years
21:06 mtj anyhoo, its great to hear its finally fkn fixed in 2.4
21:09 rocio joined #koha
21:10 rocio left #koha
21:11 rocio joined #koha
21:11 mtj aah, i do see a 'piped logs' example for 2.2 - that would actually work pretty ok :)
21:11 mtj http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#piped
21:12 kathryn joined #koha
21:16 cait hi kathryn :)
21:19 cait gah
21:19 cait i have an item on my account... that is not on the record
21:19 cait how???
21:19 cait but the title and all shows
21:20 cait ok... so the record claims to not have physical items
21:20 cait and the account claims it's a normal checkout
21:20 cait whom to believe?
21:20 kathryn hallo cait :)
21:21 eythian hi
21:21 cait ok
21:21 cait the items table also agrees that the item is on the record
21:21 cait so why... would the detai page claim no physical records? in staff?
21:22 eythian cait: I don't remember any situation where that should happen
21:22 cait me neither
21:22 cait it#s quite scary
21:23 cait he item is withdrawn...
21:23 cait should that make a difference?
21:23 cait in staff?
21:23 eythian I don't know, I shouldn't think so.
21:23 eythian but maybe
21:23 eythian but I think that it should only ever not show up in staff if it's not there.
21:24 cait [Mon Nov 24 22:22:36.686597 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 24868] [client 127.0.0.1:41651] AH01215: [Mon Nov 24 22:22:36 2014] detail.pl: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Not unique table/alias: 'issues' at /home/katrin/kohaclone/C4/Items.pm line 1332., referer: http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]?borrowernumber=1
21:26 wizzyrea there is a setting for withdrawn items
21:26 wizzyrea showing them in the staff client.
21:26 cait wizzyrea: it looks like all my items disappeared
21:26 wizzyrea all of them!
21:26 cait could you check on your master install? a staff detail page?
21:26 cait where there shoudl be an item?
21:27 wizzyrea hm mine are there.
21:27 cait wizzyrea: which setting?
21:27 wizzyrea I"m looking hang on
21:30 wizzyrea not related: I like how we did this syspref:  OpacAdvSearchMoreOptions
21:30 cait hm it's the patch from srdjan
21:30 cait wizzyrea: try an item checked out
21:30 cait check it out and then check the detail page
21:31 cait please
21:31 wizzyrea sec
21:32 wizzyrea I see the items there
21:32 cait maybe it's related to the local use
21:32 cait mine def disappear
21:32 cait they show up when i check them in again
21:32 cait could you try an on-site checkout? there is a onsite pref to turn on
21:33 wizzyrea just the one or both?
21:33 cait you can turn on both, but the normal one should be enough
21:33 wizzyrea still ok
21:33 cait hmmm
21:33 cait it works for me, but only if i remove the patch
21:33 wizzyrea oh oh
21:33 cait http://git.koha-community.org/[…]4b7b8b1c33c64107f
21:33 wizzyrea no I didn't save it it's definitely to do with onsite.
21:34 cait i think a side effect
21:34 wizzyrea no items when onsite is on
21:34 cait *sigh* filing another blocker bug
21:35 cait removing the patch above fixes it for me - i think something was missed, the patch is old, onsite is new... boom
21:35 wizzyrea yes, it must be because it doesn't cope with onsite.
21:35 wizzyrea can def call in papa for that one :)
21:36 cait it happens, filing a bug, will set a link to the other bug
21:36 cait maybe it can help track it down
21:36 wizzyrea perhaps easiest to revert that for now
21:39 cait dunno, maybe it#s an easy fix even
21:39 cait will have to leave that to more awake people tomorrow
21:40 cait thx for helping test :)
21:40 cait bug 13332
21:40 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13332 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Items disappear from staff detail page when there is an on-site checkout
22:06 cait found enough bugs for one night
22:06 cait bye all :)
22:06 cait left #koha
22:14 dcook morning
22:48 dcook joined #koha
22:57 tcohen joined #koha
23:00 chrisvella94 joined #koha
23:01 tcohen hi there
23:07 eythian hi
23:07 eythian btw I'm putting libtest-perl-critic-progressive-perl because that's where it should be
23:08 tcohen ah?
23:08 wahanui ah is ?
23:08 eythian it's needed for the qa tools
23:08 tcohen mbeaulieu?
23:12 eythian ?
23:24 chrisvella94 joined #koha
23:32 papa joined #koha
23:48 BobB joined #koha
23:49 dcook lol...
23:49 dcook I'm looking at this email and totally confused by "LHS" and "RHS"
23:49 dcook I figure they're "hospital services" of some kind
23:49 dcook Nope. Left hand side. Right hand side.
23:50 dcook Only made sense once I read it outloud :p
23:50 chrisvel1a94 joined #koha
23:53 irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary