IRC log for #koha, 2014-10-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:11 wizzyrea any users out there of gather_print_notices?
00:11 wizzyrea do you have a way that you like to do it?
00:13 dcook Is gather_print_notices that one that turns print notices into html?
00:14 wizzyrea yeah
00:15 dcook Ick :/
00:16 dcook I'm trying to remember what I did for that one...
00:16 dcook Wrote a custom workaround
00:16 wizzyrea it's a pretty silly bit of hackery.
00:17 dcook Yeah, I dislike it immensely
00:17 dcook Somehow I email print notices to the library email so that they can print them off and deal with them
00:17 dcook Rather than putting them in a publicly accessible directory to access via a browser
00:18 cait i hink we should do neither
00:18 cait we should have a way to download the files form koha
00:18 cait so that you can only access them when you are logged into koha
00:19 cait but there is a patch wiating for emailing the files
00:19 dcook Maybe, but then you'd still need to check it :/
00:19 dcook I suppose you need to check the holds to pull list anyway so it could just be part of that daily routine
00:19 cait i think that should be part of the library's daily routine :)
00:19 rangi much better for privacy
00:19 cait yep
00:19 rangi and really librarians should start caring about that
00:19 rangi because its the only point of difference they can offer
00:20 dcook I don't know about only, but certainly one of the most important
00:21 rangi maybe one of the few
00:22 dcook Yep
00:22 rangi i think they aggregate a lot of stuff others can and do do
00:22 tcohen do we have a tweet bot?
00:22 rangi so having it in one place is great... but privacy is something they could do differently
00:23 rangi tcohen: nope
00:24 dcook Hmm, what all generates print notices?
00:24 dcook Is it just holds?
00:24 cait holds and overdues
00:24 cait hm with the new system maybe other messages too
00:24 dcook They use different processes though, yeah?
00:24 cait i tmight just collect everything with print
00:24 dcook Is gather_print_notices just for holds?
00:25 cait it will now also output other things - but there is a bug for that too
00:25 cait :)
00:27 * dcook would've sworn that print overdues were handled differently than print holds...
00:27 dcook cait: Hope the new system is better :)
00:28 cait it is more consistent i think, but there is still a patch to be signed off...
00:28 cait heh
00:28 cait with the multiple message transport types in 3.16 you can add a print template to every notice
00:28 cait and it removed the HOLD_PRINT and made things more consistent
00:29 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11346: DBRev (deprecate the PROG and CCSR themes) <[…]4fa1c76624b2f27cf> / Bug 12653: (RM followup) Fix the test count <[…]d9ffd2c6d181c05af> / Bug 12233: change opacthemes syspref from {prog|ccsr} to bootstrap <
00:40 francharb joined #koha
00:55 cait @later tell oleonard - could you help me out and take a look at the datatables implementation on bug 12258 - interested in your opinion
00:55 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
01:03 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12535 - PROG/CCSR Deprecation: Make opac translation theme independent <[…]4666fce5c87924995>
01:04 dcook Got to love that 9999 limit on MARC fields
01:06 dac joined #koha
01:11 cait left #koha
01:15 wizzyrea because they don't have biblioaddsauthorities on?
01:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10433 - colspan calculation done by opac/ should be moved to template <[…]e9781d0704dd14744> / Bug 12494: DBRev: <[…]428caf102afbc7282> / Bug 12494 - Remove yuipath system preference <
01:16 wizzyrea I just came across a library using the $2 instead of the $a because they couldn't type in the $a
01:17 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #203: UNSTABLE in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/203/
01:17 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12513 - PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OpacShowLibrariesPulldownMobile system preference
01:17 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12246 - PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OpacMainUserBlockMobile system preference
01:17 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12245 - PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OPACMobileUserCSS system preference
01:17 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 12539: PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove hardcoded theme from C4/
01:17 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 12539: Follow up to fix fallback theme
01:17 jenkins_koha * Robin Sheat: Bug 12657 - remove references to prog and ccsr from the packages
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12513 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OpacShowLibrariesPulldownMobile system preference
01:17 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12655 [Revised] PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in XSLT
01:17 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 12653: PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in tests
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12246 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OpacMainUserBlockMobile system preference
01:17 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 12653: Text file clean up
01:17 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12233: Remove the prog and ccsr themes files
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12245 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove OPACMobileUserCSS system preference
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12539 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove hardcoded theme from C4/
01:17 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12233: change opacthemes syspref from {prog|ccsr} to bootstrap
01:17 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12653: (RM followup) Fix the test count
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12657 normal, P5 - low, ---, robin, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove hard-coded theme from debian/* scripts
01:17 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11346: DBRev (deprecate the PROG and CCSR themes)
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12655 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in XSLT
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12653 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in tests
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12233 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, remove prog and CCSR OPAC themes
01:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11346 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Deprecate the PROG and CCSR themes
01:19 tcohen wizzyrea: lol
01:22 tcohen oh, fake failures
01:38 dcook wizzyrea: That sucks :/
01:38 dcook I think in my case, it's that the $2 shows up before the $a
01:39 dcook Also...
01:39 dcook marc--
01:39 dcook The 9999 and 99999 size limits are no fun :(
01:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #204: NOW UNSTABLE in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/204/
01:59 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 12535 - PROG/CCSR Deprecation: Make opac translation theme independent
01:59 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 12494 - Remove yuipath system preference
01:59 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12494: DBRev:
01:59 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10433 - colspan calculation done by opac/ should be moved to template
01:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12535 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR Deprecation: Make opac translation theme independent
01:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12494 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove yuipath system preference
01:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10433 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, colspan calculation done by opac/ should be moved to template
02:01 wizzyrea Such patch! Many fixing! Wow!
02:01 wizzyrea ftr, juiced beetroot is not terrible.
02:02 wizzyrea if it's combined with apples and pineapples and oranges.
02:02 dcook I'm still coming around to beetroot overall, so I'll take your word for it
02:02 dcook Do they put beetroot on burgers in NZ?
02:02 wizzyrea yes it's awesome :P
02:02 dcook Mmm burgers..
02:02 * dcook appears to have missed lunch
02:04 dcook I'm also starting to think that everything Australian is actually Kiwi
02:04 dcook Well, except the bad stuff. Obvs.
02:04 dcook :P
02:05 rangi dare you to write on your residency application where they say do you have any criminal convictions,  'is that still a requirement?'
02:05 rangi (thats my favourite making fun of australians joke)
02:05 ibeardslee heh
02:05 dcook hehe
02:06 dcook That reminds me that I need to remember where I put my criminal clearances...
02:08 rangi :)
02:08 dcook First thing after OSDC, that residency application is getting done..
02:09 wizzyrea you'll feel a lot better once it's out of your hands.
02:10 dcook I hope so :)
02:21 BobB joined #koha
02:28 tcohen have we already deleted the 'marc' column?
02:28 tcohen :-P
02:28 dcook Have we? That'd be rad.
02:29 tcohen nah, kidding
02:29 wizzyrea troll.
02:29 tcohen we could stop using it in the first place, to avoid size limitations
02:30 rangi yep, that would be the next step
02:31 dcook Agreed
02:31 dcook With everyone :p
02:31 tcohen we can generate the usmarc record on the fly
02:31 rangi *nod*
02:31 dcook And if it's invalid, then we could warn people then
02:31 dcook then
02:31 tcohen we can then ditch the MARCXML format, in favour of MiJ
02:32 * tcohen keeps trolling
02:32 dcook heh
02:32 tcohen how would ES behave with JSON?
02:33 rangi json is what it expects
02:34 rangi well it works with anything that you describe
02:34 rangi but it hands back json by default
02:35 eythian ES is pretty much only JSON
02:35 eythian you transmogrify to/from that as needed.
02:39 tcohen what do u use for the transformation?
02:40 tcohen MARC::File::MiJ ?
02:40 rangi catmandu
02:40 rangi
02:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12653: remaining prog reference in t/db_dependent/SuggestionEngine_ExplodedTerms.t <[…]436744ae8cdffc840>
02:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #205: NOW UNSTABLE in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/205/
02:41 rangi mostly
02:41 rangi[…]/
02:42 tcohen that'd be the storing part, is there a MARC::Record serialization library?
02:42 rangi yep it does that for you
02:42 eythian I think I made my own to convert it back, it's super simple.
02:43 rangi[…]/Catmandu/  <-- using that under the hood
02:44 rangi Catmandu is pretty super awesome
02:45 rangi[…]6/lib/ is worth a look
02:45 * tcohen is loving the "fixer" tools
02:45 rangi they are super responsive too, i think eythian and I have both got patches in, and new versions released on CPAN
02:46 eythian I once looked into writing a fixer for something.
02:46 eythian I then decided it wasn't so important after all.
02:46 eythian It's very hairy
02:53 * tcohen should definitely check that git repo out to figure what you've been doing
02:53 rocio1 joined #koha
03:12 mtompset tcohen: Just read your email. Is there where I say, I'd really like to see bug 11592 in 3.18? :)
03:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11592 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , opac detail scripts do not respect MARC tag visibility
03:12 mtompset ^there^this^ :)
03:13 tcohen it isn't even signed-off
03:13 tcohen it is difficult
03:14 mtompset I know. :(
03:23 Oak joined #koha
03:23 Oak kia ora #koha
03:24 tcohen hi Oak
03:28 magnuse joined #koha
03:29 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
03:29 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
03:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #206: FIXED in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/206/
03:29 jenkins_koha Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12653: remaining prog reference in t/db_dependent/SuggestionEngine_ExplodedTerms.t
03:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12653 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in tests
03:29 wizzyrea it warms my little heart when wahanui throws confetti on build fixed events.
03:30 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
03:30 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
03:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U14 build #193: FIXED in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U14/193/
03:30 jenkins_koha Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12653: remaining prog reference in t/db_dependent/SuggestionEngine_ExplodedTerms.t
03:33 tcohen yeah, we are not alone in this world, and there's happiness after all
03:36 wizzyrea :)
03:36 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12916 - Use of uninitialized values $max and $min in C4/ <[…]02dcbce392ea303fb> / Bug 12916 - Missing Test to demonstrate warnings. <[…]2c6b233da4a341a0a> / Bug 12901: (QA followup) correct copy and paste error <
03:36 Oak hello tcohen
03:37 tcohen hi Oak
03:40 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
03:40 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
03:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12 build #212: FIXED in 57 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U12/212/
03:40 jenkins_koha Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12653: remaining prog reference in t/db_dependent/SuggestionEngine_ExplodedTerms.t
03:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12653 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, RESOLVED FIXED, PROG/CCSR deprecation: Correct hard-coded opac-tmpl/prog path in tests
03:41 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
03:41 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
03:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB build #136: FIXED in 58 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]_U12_MariaDB/136/
03:41 jenkins_koha Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12653: remaining prog reference in t/db_dependent/SuggestionEngine_ExplodedTerms.t
04:00 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7162: (RM followup) fix the number of tests <[…]7430392de6845d311> / Bug 7162: (follow-up) Add unit tests for DelOrder <[…]5ed8594e84d3a6186> / Bug 7162: Remove "(Y)" and "(N)" from buttons text <[…]ha.git;a=commitdi
04:02 rocio1 left #koha
04:10 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7162: Update DBIx <[…]0b4008d9dbed12cbd> / Bug 7162: DBRev <[…]31a66ac2348343dc6>
04:22 mtompset Greetings, Oak! Long time no chat. :)
04:28 Oak hello mtompset :)
04:29 Oak yeah. true. no Internet at home. in process to get a telephone connection, and then DSL.
04:30 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13105: Columns misplaced in member search result <[…]3f0177e163a854af9> / Bug 3186 [QA Followup] - Don't return undef, just return <[…]a78ec240a83d3fe7d> / Bug 3186 - invalid or uninstalled SMSSendDriver (or bad number format) causes process... <http://gi
04:32 mtompset Hope that happens quickly and affordably for you. :)
04:36 Oak yes i was paying ~$ 15.5 per month for a wireless connection that barely worked in my area. now i'll be paying ~ $ 19.5 per month for DSL, plus nationwide landline to landline free calls (that will make mother happy!).
04:39 Oak the phone will be her new best friend, and TV will be pushed to #2 ;)
04:50 tcohen night everyone
04:52 Oak night tcohen
05:39 digesh joined #koha
05:59 mtompset Have a great day, #koha Oak. Debugging javascript at 2am is not productive.
06:01 dcook Wha? When did 5 happen?
06:20 Oak dcook: 5? 3.16.5?
06:20 Oak on website it's still 3.16.4
06:20 dcook Sorry, I meant 5pm ;)
06:20 dcook The days go by far too quickly
06:23 Oak the Times they are a Changin'
06:24 Oak no time to sit and watch leaves grow.
06:27 Oak or to host/attend a moon appreciation party.
06:34 cait joined #koha
06:43 quocuy joined #koha
06:56 quocuy Hi all
06:57 quocuy i created php file to display new books on OPAC. But i have to use iframe to display.
06:57 quocuy Is there someway to include php code right in OPAC?
06:59 cait morning all
06:59 quocuy morning
06:59 cait @later tell tcohen a few tests still seem to be looking for prog/ccsr - but they are not failing
06:59 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
07:08 cait quocuy: hm i think not - it's not a php file
07:10 dcook I think that someone out there on the web found a way of embedding php in perl, but it's nasty black magic, I think
07:10 dcook I'd just write it in Perl :p
07:10 dcook Or write it as a service and bring it in using Perl or JS
07:10 dcook Anywho, I'm off for the day
07:16 quocuy yeah
07:16 quocuy i know only php and mysql
07:16 quocuy
07:18 magnuse cait++
07:18 magnuse and good morning #koha!
07:18 cait magnuse: i hope you don'*t break something i missed testing!
07:18 cait :)
07:18 magnuse i hope so too
07:18 cait and i asked tcohen to run the tests and make sure they work for him heh
07:18 magnuse good!
07:19 magnuse so the "missing module"-problem went away?
07:19 pug left #koha
07:21 magnuse we should have some integration tests, using something like test::www::mechanize, that could tell us if things break on a higher level than subroutines...
07:21 cait magnuse: not for me no:( but the other errors did
07:22 magnuse oh
07:24 magnuse cait++ rangi++ for some awesome numbers on
07:25 cait 14 enh still...
07:25 cait :(
07:25 magnuse where? needs signoff?
07:25 magnuse or signed off, probably?
07:25 cait in signed off - so my queue :)
07:25 cait a lot more in nso
07:25 magnuse not just you, though :-)
07:26 magnuse i hope i can contribute some more in 2015 - this year has been a bit crazy
07:26 cait yeah... it has been
07:42 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 reiveune hello
07:47 magnuse bonjour reiveune
07:47 reiveune salut magnuse cait dcook rangi
07:48 cait hi reiveune :)
07:48 cait and bbiab
07:49 laurence joined #koha
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
07:54 alex_a bonjour
07:54 wahanui kia ora, alex_a
08:01 Oak bonjour monsieur alex_a
08:01 Oak magnuse
08:01 Oak cait++
08:02 Oak rangi++
08:02 magnuse Oak
08:03 magnuse git pull - woohoo, that's a lot of deleted files! :-)
08:08 magnuse fredericd++
08:12 * Oak wonders how to help Nicole with the manual.
08:12 Oak 5 minute searching and seems like wiki needs more info about how manual is being maintaned.
08:22 marcelr joined #koha
08:22 marcelr hi #koha
08:27 Oak hello marcelr
08:27 marcelr hi Oak
08:29 cait joined #koha
08:29 cait hi #koha
08:29 marcelr hi cait
08:29 magnuse hiya cait and marcelr
08:30 magnuse Oak: you found[…]g_the_Koha_Manual, right?
08:30 marcelr hi magnuse
08:30 cait hi marcelr and magnuse .)
08:31 magnuse Oak: i think you can look at things that have been pushed for the new version and see if/how they are covered in the manual, and if things need some work, do a patch for it. but probably a good idea to ask nengard for specifics
08:31 fridolin joined #koha
08:32 fridolin hie community
08:38 cait hie fridolin
08:38 Oak yes magnuse i found that
08:38 fridolin hie cait good morning
08:39 Oak okay cool.
08:39 * fridolin needs coffee
08:39 * cait needs a time machine
08:41 fridolin :D
08:41 Oak why time machine? move forward cait. move forward.
08:44 cait hm then maybe hermione's hour glass?
08:46 cait fredericd++
08:46 Oak we can check ebay.
08:51 fridolin in this case I want the Elder Wand and the One Ring ;)
08:51 cait heh
09:00 magnuse isn't the One Ring kind of a mixed blessing?
09:19 Oak kind of like a wife.
09:19 Oak not that i'd know. just saying.
09:21 cait lol
09:22 cait could someone do a quck test on master for me?
09:22 Oak :)
09:22 cait enter an umlaut in NoLoginInstructions - Bücher for example
09:22 cait and check if it's displayed correctly on
09:22 cait /cgi-bin/koha/
09:26 Oak i did it here cait with opac but it's not showing up on opac.
09:26 cait Oak: it's here: http://catalogue.test6.biblibr[…]koha/ :)
09:26 Oak oh right
09:27 cait but looking ok i think, so maybe something in 3.16 going wrong
09:27 cait thank you!
09:27 Oak cool!
09:28 * Oak goes to check his own 3.16.4
09:31 Oak yeah, not right in 3.16.4
09:39 cait Oak++
09:39 cait yeah, glad it's a bug i won#t have to report now :)
09:49 paul_p joined #koha
10:15 magnuse hiya khall - are you showing up earlier every day? :-)
10:15 khall heh, maybe ; )
10:15 khall this is about average
10:18 magnuse maybe i am showing up later... :-)
10:23 Oak :)
10:31 tcohen joined #koha
10:53 magnuse hola tcohen
10:54 tcohen hola magnuse
10:58 cait hola tcohen
11:52 kmlussier joined #koha
11:57 meliss joined #koha
12:05 oleonard joined #koha
12:08 oleonard Busy night last night on Bugzilla
12:08 oleonard cait++
12:08 oleonard tcohen++
12:09 magnuse joined #koha
12:21 tcohen joined #koha
12:52 oleonard Everyone has a Bugzilla hangover this morning?
12:53 nengard joined #koha
12:56 talljoy1 joined #koha
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:58 magnuse oleonard: what's a bugzilla hangover?
12:58 oleonard A hangover you get from staying up late squashing bugs
12:58 magnuse ah
12:59 * magnuse wishes he had more of those
13:01 * oleonard still can't seem to run tests in a gitified package install
13:03 * cait waves
13:03 cait chinese buffet for lunch... i am in after lunch coma
13:05 tcohen hi cait nengard
13:05 nengard hiya
13:05 * tcohen has a bugzilla hangover too
13:05 magnuse oleonard: how are you trying to run them?
13:06 tcohen nengard: did u get my email regarding enhancements/new features?
13:06 magnuse oleonard: this should do the trick: sudo koha-shell -c "prove" <instance>
13:06 nengard not yet tcohen
13:06 nengard still catching up on a lot of emails
13:06 nengard will search for it
13:07 oleonard Looks like that worked. Thanks magnuse!
13:07 oleonard magnuse++
13:07 * oleonard whispers "Secret package lore!"
13:07 nengard tcohen that is awesome!! I do actually keep a list of new features we go along, but your list is so much cleaner than mine!!! :)
13:08 tcohen that's the output of the script that generates the release notes
13:08 tcohen you'll get amused by this:
13:08 meliss joined #koha
13:11 tcohen_ joined #koha
13:15 collum joined #koha
13:19 nengard LOL avoiding distance study homework
13:19 nengard love it
13:19 nengard the will to procrastinate
13:19 nengard who are these people??!! hehe
13:23 tcohen so far: 9 features, 90 enhancements and 341 bugfixes
13:28 * cait hides
13:29 cait tcohenif you want i can check if the enh/features shoudl be changed
13:30 cait but 9/90 on the other hand sounds already quite nice
13:30 cait sometimes bug fixes end up enh because it's the default in bugzilla
13:30 cait i saw someon the list you gave nengard that looked a bit suspicious
13:31 carmenh joined #koha
13:32 drojf joined #koha
13:33 drojf hi #koha
13:33 cait drojf!
13:33 drojf cait!
13:33 cait .D
13:33 cait :D
13:33 drojf :)
13:35 oleonard 8)
13:37 drojf :D
13:43 * cait hands drojf cookies
13:43 cait you shoudl stop by more often :)
13:46 drojf \cookies/
13:46 drojf i hope i will soon
13:47 cait :)
13:54 magnuse those are some awesome sponsors!
13:55 drojf Avoiding distance study homework is my favourite
13:55 cait :P
13:56 magnuse
14:00 rocio joined #koha
14:03 oleonard cait: Re: Bug 12258, better as a link?
14:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12258 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pelletiermaxime, Failed QA , Datatable in Patrons Account Fines
14:04 cait oleonard: i'd say so
14:05 cait i was not sure about all the right conventions for datatables :)
14:06 oleonard I don't think we have an established pattern besides the one for adding links like "select all | clear all", which I think this is similar to
14:09 oleonard I'm guessing this overlaps with changes khall has made to this page in Bug 6427
14:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6427 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Rewrite of the accounts system
14:09 khall definitely
14:10 cait but the accounts rewrite is something for 3.20
14:10 cait so maybe we want to consider it as a small improvement before?
14:10 cait i ws not sure because it changed only the first tab
14:11 oleonard 12258 is certainly a minor change
14:20 francharb joined #koha
14:21 * oleonard hears rumors that tall_joy is anti-pumpkin
14:28 tall_joy ha!
14:28 tall_joy i am.
14:31 * oleonard has so far resisted tasting anything "pumpkin spice" besides pumpkin pie
14:36 paul_p joined #koha
14:37 cait bag?
14:37 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL
14:37 cait around?
14:40 magnuse joined #koha
14:45 cbrannon joined #koha
14:47 cait ah now i missed him
14:48 meliss joined #koha
14:48 cbrannon missed who?
14:49 cait paul_p :)
14:49 cait wanted to ask something
14:50 cbrannon that paul_p seems to have all the answers.  :)
14:51 cait i wouldn't go that far :)
14:51 cait cbrannon: you want to join qa? :)
14:54 kmlussier joined #koha
14:55 cbrannon cait: yes.  I threw my name in.  Thought I would give it a try.
14:55 cait cool :)
14:56 drojf1 joined #koha
14:57 tgoat joined #koha
15:01 paul_p joined #koha
15:19 cait khall: around?
15:20 cait i neeed someone to fix the problem with the path in the hourly loans patches :(
15:20 khall yo
15:20 khall which bug number is that?
15:20 cait 11211
15:21 cait jesse rebased it, but there is a bug in it
15:21 cait i think it's to do with the plugin warning issued by the qa script
15:27 bag barton: nengard is a dentist in this channel too :P
15:27 bag morning cait and khall
15:27 khall cait: I'll see what I can do
15:27 khall mornin bag!
15:27 khall how are you feeling?
15:28 barton who knew?
15:28 bag much better today - I think once my body found out my spleen was ok - it relaxed a little and let some healing happen over night :)  I can breath today
15:28 khall bien
15:28 barton sehr gut.
15:28 khall nzuri
15:29 barton sorry, I'm out after German... I never got that far in ancient greek.
15:29 cbrannon gesundheit
15:30 barton ja das auch.
15:32 cbrannon ich habe einen Gummianzug
15:32 khall maj!
15:32 barton tatzachlich?
15:32 cait lol
15:32 drojf lol
15:33 cait bag: sorry to hear the rib gives you so much trouble
15:34 khall cait: You need to install Template::Plugin::JavaScript from CPAN
15:34 khall there was one other tiny qa fail that I fixed and just folded into the patch ( tmpl => tt )
15:35 khall I wish I'd know about that filter a long time ago! That will be very useful in the future
15:36 barton khall -- I read that in a fanboy voice -- "cait: you **SO** need to install Template::Plugin::JavaScript from CPAN!!! It's **AWESOME**"
15:36 khall heh
15:36 cait khall: if i need to install it from cpan we need to let robin knwo - because i did install it, but from ubuntu
15:36 cait and it still didn't work but exploded
15:37 cait at least i thought tht happened :)
15:38 oleonard barton: Gawd, everyone is installing Template::Plugin::JavaScript from CPAN these days. I remember when it used to be cool.
15:39 * oleonard hops on his fixie and heads to his loft-commune to build bespoke plugins
15:39 barton oleonard: did you hear about the hipster who burned his hand changing a lighbulb?
15:39 barton he did it before it was cool.
15:39 oleonard :D
15:40 khall cait: I didn't realize there was a debian package for it, that seems to work fine for me.
15:40 cait hm
15:40 cait so wonder why it didn't work for me
15:40 cait i will retry, hope t works
15:40 cait we are runnign out of time :(
15:40 khall somehow it's not in you path apparently
15:40 khall try it from cpan
15:41 khall seems like a setup issue, rather than a koha/code issue
15:44 cait if we need a newer plugin/debian one doesn't work, robin will have to package it
15:45 khall yes, we should ping him on that. *but* it looks like the debian package version works. At least it does for me!
15:45 cait ok
15:46 cait i will see what went wrong there
15:46 cait it was a little late
15:46 cait or early?
15:46 wahanui early is good.
15:46 cait it's a weird week
15:46 cbrannon cait: khall is volunteering to come over and fix it for you, it seems. ;)
15:46 kmlussier left #koha
15:46 khall be right there ; )
15:46 cait i wouldn't mind khall coming for a visit :)
15:47 khall where's the teleporter when you need it!
15:47 cait we really shoudl have one
15:47 khall I'd be happy with a giant version of those mail tubes
15:47 cbrannon I'll get right on the jquery for that.  :)
15:47 khall jquery solves all the worlds problems
15:48 khall $.MakeWorldPeace()
15:48 cait heh
15:48 cbrannon :)
15:51 kmlussier joined #koha
15:51 khall cait, for bug 10860 I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. When you disable the feature the reading history already goes back to the original view. Am I right?
15:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10860 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , On-site checkouts (was In-House Use)
15:52 cait yep with my follow up
15:53 cait if you applied my last patch, it hopefully works alright :)
15:53 cait i wouldn't mind a sign off on that one
15:53 cait and fixing the remaining problems :(
15:53 cait renaming the pref and making it work for bootstrap
15:53 khall can do!
15:54 bag magnuse: HI
15:54 bag that kohadevbox looks cool ;)
15:56 oleonard kohadevbox?
15:58 khall cait: what's the issue with bootstrap?
15:58 cait it's not in the patches
15:58 cait but prog
15:59 bag oleonard:
15:59 khall ok, I guess I didn't see a big deal with them not being split in the opac view.
15:59 cait .../opac-tmpl/prog/en/includes/     |    2 +-  .../prog/en/modules/          |   10 ++++----
15:59 cait prog templates are gone as of yesterday
15:59 cait could you apply it to current master?
15:59 khall cait: already fixed for that issue
16:00 cait ah ok
16:00 cait could we move the old prog changes to the bootstrap? or are the templates too different?
16:00 cait we coudl split it into a separate bug
16:00 cait opac visibility of onsite-checkouts
16:01 khall I think we should split it into a new bug so joubu can take care of it later. Like I said, I think it definitely shouldn't be a blocker, as it looks just fine the way it is
16:01 cait i think more complete with the opac one - for the user
16:01 cait but yep
16:02 cait thx for taking a look
16:02 khall np! I signed your patch and uploaded a new patch to correct the syspref names
16:03 fridolin babye
16:03 fridolin left #koha
16:08 cait khall: thank you!
16:14 khall np!
16:14 cait khall: are you around tomorrow to do some qa too?
16:15 khall yes, I'll be around. Are there some specific bugs you'd like me to look at?
16:15 bag khall: all of them!!!
16:15 khall lol, I'll get right on that!
16:15 bag khall++
16:16 cait heh
16:16 cait i will be around too
16:16 cait i am about to go home soon (more qa!) i can take a look at the list then too
16:16 cait btw, I read this morning - pretty interesting :)
16:24 cbrannon cait: looks intersting.  I'll have to read past the intro later.  :)
16:27 laurence left #koha
16:30 cait left #koha
16:52 reiveune bye
16:52 reiveune left #koha
16:53 cait joined #koha
16:57 cait back
16:59 bag welcome back cait
16:59 cait ok
17:00 cait bug 11876 - somemone?
17:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maxime.beaulieu, Needs Signoff , Add a diff view to staged MARC Records.
17:00 cait oleonard? :)
17:01 wnickc joined #koha
17:03 cbrannon wnickc: Hi!
17:04 wnickc hi cbrannon
17:04 wnickc how goes it?
17:05 cbrannon crazy.  Trying to catch up with where I left off at the users meeting.  I fell off the grid for a while.
17:05 cait seems to be a global problem :)
17:06 wnickc I like to think that nengard just stopped being a Dentist for the day.  Let me put down my drill and pick up my keyboard
17:06 nengard :)
17:06 nengard it's much less fun than that
17:07 wnickc Yes cbrannon, I have been lost in an automation, only now returning to any other tasks
17:07 pabloab joined #koha
17:07 wnickc cbrannon: did anyone ever post the minutes or announce the next meeting for the users?
17:09 cbrannon wnickc: I haven't seen the minutes.  I haven't even had any luck getting login credentials for the wiki myself.  And after a few failed attempts, I finally got the invite out for venues for next year, but no bites so far.
17:10 cbrannon I sent word out on BW's Partners list and on the koha list.
17:11 cbrannon Maybe some awesome person at BW could add the announcement on their blog???
17:12 wnickc Hah, I am pretty sure you will get at least one response
17:12 wnickc Vermont is lovely in late summer
17:12 bag nengard ^^^^
17:12 wnickc totally unrelated statements
17:13 nengard what am i blogging?
17:13 nengard and yes vermont is lovely in the summer - and SO SO SO horrible in the winter
17:13 cbrannon :(
17:14 bag nengard talk to cbrannon
17:14 bag :D
17:15 nengard cbrannon email me what you want posted and I'll get it up there
17:15 cbrannon nengard: would you mind adding the Koha NA announcement for venues to the BW blog?  I sent it out on the partners list and the koha list.  I could e-mail you a copy if you like.
17:16 * cait puts on her qa hat
17:16 cait khall: still around?
17:16 khall yo
17:17 cait :)
17:17 cait ok :)  main thing is that we need to focus on the enh and new features right now
17:20 khall sounds good
17:24 nengard cbrannon done
17:24 cbrannon nengard: Thanks!  I also sent you more stuff for the blog, as requested.  :)
17:25 nengard awesome - i'll spread it out
17:27 cait :)
17:30 cait khall: i still have problems with the calendar
17:30 cait can you help debug?
17:30 cait libtemplate-plugin-javascript-perl isinstalled
17:30 khall ok, what's up?
17:30 cait hmwait
17:31 cait ok, with 11211 applied, i get to the page now
17:31 cait but i have no calendar showing up
17:32 cait only the pull downs and the existing days
17:32 khall odd, it looks fine for me? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
17:33 cait yes
17:33 cait isee a javascript error
17:33 cait now with both patches applied
17:33 cait ReferenceError: dt_add_type_uk_date is not defineddt_add_type_uk_date();
17:34 cait my dateformat is set to dd/mm/yyyy
17:34 khall let me test that
17:34 cait oooh
17:35 khall verified
17:35 khall what's up?
17:35 cait hm ok, i forgotto run the database update- but problem remains
17:35 khall looks like that function was removed
17:36 rocio left #koha
17:36 cait i am seeing migrated dates, but they are not nicely formatted
17:36 cait 1-1 for january first?
17:37 khall I don't think that line is needed at all. followup to come
17:37 cait i still get no calendar
17:37 cait hmmmm maybe it's the data
17:37 cait but i can't enter anew holiday
17:38 khall odd, I'm having no such problems
17:38 khall followup sent
17:40 cait follow up fixes it
17:40 cait :)
17:41 khall excellent!
17:41 cait the gui looks ok now on first glance - apart from the date formattingin the tables to the side maybe, but that can be fixed
17:42 cait ok, back to another patch first - then backtothis, thx khall
17:42 khall np!
17:55 rocio joined #koha
17:56 wnickc hi rocio
17:56 cait 7673 done
17:56 cait i am back to the onsite checkouts
17:56 bag sweet
17:57 cait bug 7673 - owen's follow-up
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7673 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , New patron permissions to manage items (edit, batchmod, delete all)
17:57 cait bug 10860
17:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10860 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , On-site checkouts (was In-House Use)
17:57 cait with follow-ups from khall
17:57 cait oleonard++, khall++
18:08 kmlussier joined #koha
18:09 cbrannon Has Koha had the ability to show covers in the staff search results for a while, or is this new?
18:10 cbrannon We just upgraded to 3.16, and I hadn't noticed this before.
18:10 oleonard-away It's certainly not new in 3.16
18:12 cbrannon Perhaps local image then?  We have a device in our bibs that I've searched for on a regular basis, and I have a local image uploaded to koha.  It has been in there for a while.  But I haven't seen it in the results until now.
18:13 tcohen it's been fr a while
18:14 wnickc[…]_bug.cgi?id=11328
18:14 huginn Bug 11328: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Show local cover images in staff client search results
18:14 wnickc cbrannon: since 3.14.07, but if you never hit that one you wouldn't have seen it
18:15 cbrannon We only got to 3.14.5.  That explains it.  Thanks.
18:15 wnickc bag keeps all the cool stuff secret
18:15 wnickc :)
18:17 bag HA
18:19 wnickc is anyone out there working on automating libraries?
18:21 bag signapore is
18:23 wnickc singapore and vemont, that's one thing we have in common
18:24 wnickc I have a very dumb script to make that process somewhat less burdensome and was hoping to find someone who wanted to help make it a smarter script
18:42 oleonard cait: If Bug 11876  requires another signoff because a test was added, is it sufficient for a signoff that I run the test and it completes successfully?
18:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maxime.beaulieu, Needs Signoff , Add a diff view to staged MARC Records.
18:42 cait oleonard: yes
18:44 oleonard I guess if someone added a test which didn't actually test anything but *looked* like it did then QA would catch it ;)
18:44 cait hopefully :)
18:49 tcohen #koha: bgkriegel and I have been looking at the current install problem in master. will provide a patch soon
18:50 tcohen later fellows
18:51 cait bye tcohen
18:54 oleonard Ouch. Looks like removal of prog theme broke the "view plain" option on the OPAC's MARC detail page
18:56 kathryn joined #koha
18:58 carmenh joined #koha
19:13 kmlussier joined #koha
19:26 JesseM Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue? bug 13171
19:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13171 blocker, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Check box for email is missing for hold notifications in patron messaging preferences.
19:29 cait haven't seen it so far
19:33 cait JesseM: are they doing sms/phone or somthing that could make the table get out of sync?
19:33 JesseM I think they use itiva cait
19:38 cait hmmight be a reason it hasn't come up earlier
19:38 cait @later tell khall could you take a look at my last follow-up on on-site checkouts and if it's ok consider passing it qa?
19:38 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:39 cait @later tell oleonard with OnSiteCheckoutsForce on 10860 the layout in circ is not ideal... could you see if you have some magic left for that? :)
19:39 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:57 wnickc joined #koha
20:02 barton evening all... I come bearing more zebra questions :-)
20:03 wnickc JesseM: fwiw VOKAL's looks fine on our test server
20:04 JesseM I think this issue is with 3.16.3 only wnickc
20:04 wnickc ah, sorry
20:05 JesseM or some sort of jquery is hiding this
20:08 cbrannon jessem: not seeing that issue in 3.16.4.
20:10 JesseM Must be jquery hiding this check box
20:11 cbrannon Take their jquery and copy it to a sandbox or test box.  See if the problem is there?
20:12 * cait grumps a little about sparse test plans
20:12 cbrannon I wouldn't suspect jquery right off, since it not hidng it, but changing it.  Suspicious.
20:13 mtompset joined #koha
20:13 JesseM i will try that cbrannon. thank you
20:14 cait hmm
20:14 cait i need someoneto sign off owen's template enh follow up for rotating collections
20:14 cait anyone? :)
20:14 cbrannon JesseM: Only other thing I can think of is that sounds like a preference behavior, but I don't know of a preference off the top of my head that would control that.
20:14 cait talking about bug 8836 here
20:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8836 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Resurrect Rotating Collections
20:14 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
20:15 cait hi mtompset
20:15 mtompset Wow. Lively discussions today.
20:17 wnickc cait: if noone does I can try tonight at home, but swamped at desk
20:18 bag I can take a look cait let's see
20:18 cait thx both of you :)
20:18 cait trying to sort through things here...
20:26 drojf joined #koha
20:27 cbrannon Anyone know why Koha install (step 3) would be giving sysprefs.sql ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 1: Column count doesn't match value count at row 431?
20:29 edveal joined #koha
20:30 cait hm there is abug for the installer :(
20:30 cait tcohen and bernardo are working on it
20:30 cait if you have an old database youcould load maybe try this as a work around
20:31 cbrannon Just found it.  :(
20:31 cbrannon Nope.  No old database.
20:33 rangi i think there was a patch for that already i signed off
20:33 rangi the column count
20:33 rangi but i might be dreaming, i signed of a lot
20:34 cbrannon Bug 13149?  It is pushed to master.
20:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13149 major, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Pushed to Master , B 11926 (HEA - Render community koha statistic usages) introduces an column count error in sysprefs.ql
20:34 pastebot "barton" at pasted "barton's zebra-index connundrum: search for 'Other-control-number' returns search, but 'Accession-number' doesn't -- these seem to be configured identically" (114 lines) at
20:35 barton the search works in yaz-client, but not from advanced search...
20:40 cait cbrannon: oooh right
20:40 cait cbrannon: is your git reporistory current?
20:41 cait barton: do youhave the index name in
20:41 cait does it work with keyword index?
20:42 barton yes and yes.
20:44 cbrannon cait: going off install instructions at[…]tep:_Install_Koha.  I haven't touched git yet.  Still getting the hang of the environment.  Supposed to work on gitbz next.
20:47 trea joined #koha
20:52 pastebot "cbrannon" at pasted "Koha Installation" (20 lines) at
20:53 cbrannon cait: just pasted the instructions I ran this morning.  Would this not get the patch that was pushed to master yesterday?
20:53 cait cbrannon: you might run into a new one
20:54 cait bug 13169
20:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13169 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , On master the web installing doesn't work
20:55 cait or wait
20:55 cait no git
20:55 cait i am not sure what's happening :(
20:55 cbrannon joy
20:55 cbrannon :(
20:59 nengard left #koha
21:02 cbrannon cait: not sure how critical the error is.  I was able to log into koha.  I ran into an error creating a patron, but it said there was an invalid date format.  I reset the dateformat preference, and the error disappeared.  Haven't had any other issues yet.
21:07 cait mtompset++ for always writing nice test plans and documentation
21:07 cait cbrannon: it is possible yur systempreferences table is empty
21:07 cait and that would cause problems
21:07 cait but you can try to load it manually maybe - until the bug is fixed
21:09 cbrannon cait: if I knew how.  I'll see how this goes for now, but I am watching bugs for install fix.  I'll do a clean install when fixed before any major testing.
21:12 cait you could do a report maybe, tocheck if it's really bad
21:12 cait select * from systempreferences - or maybe a count(*) from systempreferences
21:12 cait to see if your table is there
21:12 cait and filled
21:24 eythian cait: khall_away: if you're looking at the packages for T:P:J, make sure you know whether you're using my one of the one that comes with newer debian/ubuntu, or whether you've installed it via cpan and it's using that instead.
21:24 eythian also, hi
21:24 cait eythian: it's working now - and installed the one from ubuntu (i think...) def not CPAN
21:25 eythian apt-cache policy package-name tells you exactly what you have
21:25 eythian and also what you can see, which is useful.
21:26 cait can you give me the full name? i don't remember
21:26 eythian libtemplate-plugin-json-escape-perl
21:26 eythian tis a mouthful
21:28 cait thx :)
21:28 cait it says i have the kohadev1 version
21:30 eythian then that's the one I made
21:38 tcohen joined #koha
21:39 tcohen hi
21:39 rangi hi tcohen
21:39 cait wb tcohen :)
21:41 eythian g'day tcohen
21:41 tcohen some stuff git broken with the removal
21:41 tcohen fixing now
21:41 cbrannon tcohen: Am I understanding koha web installer is buggy right now?
21:42 tcohen cbrannon: exactly
21:42 cbrannon good to know.  Was having issues with it.
21:42 tcohen bug 13169
21:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13169 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , On master the web installing doesn't work
21:42 tcohen will change the description a bit :-D
21:43 tcohen after I finish the regression test
21:43 cbrannon Cait pointed that out to me.  I added myself to CC.  Been trying to get a test box up an running so I could do some testing.
21:43 cbrannon Thanks.
21:44 cbrannon For everything.  :)
21:44 cait eythian: how often areyou buliding packages for master? the dev repo?
21:44 rangi sorry my bad, i missed that when testing the theme_dep branch
21:44 eythian cait: when I remember
21:44 eythian and when it builds
21:44 eythian maybe I'll try one now.
21:46 cait just wondering
21:46 cait because cbrannon tries a package install and that failes
21:46 tcohen rangi, it is not that easy to reproduce
21:46 tcohen bgkriegel did a clean install and didn't have issues
21:46 rangi *nod*
21:47 rangi i tested an upgrade and a clean install
21:47 tcohen i deleted my working db and saw the error
21:47 rangi ahh interesting
21:47 tcohen anyway, the fallback logic is not returning 'prog' when it need to
21:47 rangi for the staff side eh?
21:47 rangi makes sense
21:48 cbrannon Koha201
21:48 cbrannon ignore me
21:48 tcohen i.e. when ->preference(templates) is empty
21:48 rangi right .. yeah that makes sense
21:51 cbrannon my first attempt to install produced a completely broken instance of Koha.  I loaded all test options.  Couldn't get in.  My second one still had the error, but I was able to log in.  I loaded only the minimal options, and no test data.
21:52 tcohen oleonard spotted another bug too
21:53 jcamins rangi: what's the eportfolio system Catalyst developed?
21:53 wizzyrea mahara
21:53 jcamins Thanks.
21:59 eythian master doesn't build
21:59 cait why does it not build?
21:59 pastebot "eythian" at pasted "whamp whaa" (8 lines) at
21:59 eythian someone made a test case depend on the database.
22:00 tcohen the f*?
22:02 eythian It seems to be the only failure
22:03 cait hmt the last changes on koha.t are from may
22:03 cait so a side effect?
22:03 tcohen are you building on 7?
22:04 tcohen maybe we missed something in 6
22:04 cait hm
22:04 cait i stopped my mysql server
22:04 cait and koha.t passes
22:04 eythian I build in squeeze
22:04 eythian cait: t/Koha.t ............................ ok
22:04 eythian t/Koha_Email.t ......................
22:04 eythian Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
22:05 rangi hah its me
22:05 rangi if its Koha::Email
22:05 * rangi looks
22:05 cait oh
22:05 tcohen this reminds me when i studied weakest precondition method for calculating algorith correctness
22:05 cait oups
22:06 cbrannon you folks are beginning to hurt my brain.  :)
22:06 rangi yeah Koha::Email uses C4::Context
22:06 rangi that test can just be git mv or can mock C4::Context
22:06 cait cbrannon: don't worry, it starts to make more sense with more time :)
22:06 rangi ill do a quick patch mocking it
22:06 rangi 2 secs
22:07 jcamins cbrannon: on the other hand, that's something to worry about, because once this all starts making sense, you're in trouble.
22:07 cbrannon :)
22:07 tcohen heh, you're lost I guess
22:07 tcohen ofrever
22:07 rangi if it makes sense, you have to become the release managert
22:07 rangi thats the rule
22:07 jcamins ^^ exactly
22:07 cait lol
22:08 cbrannon I'll never be that smart - if I can help it
22:08 rangi bug 13172
22:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13172 major, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , t/Koha_Email.t depends on the database
22:08 rangi working on it now
22:08 tcohen leaving in a moment
22:08 tcohen but need to say
22:09 tcohen lots of side effects will arise with the prog removal
22:09 tcohen hidden side effects
22:09 * tcohen is glad we still have a month
22:09 tcohen please quote that, for the end of december, when we'd still be fixing side effects :-D
22:10 rangi :)
22:11 cait it will be alright
22:11 cait at least unlikely that it will harm data
22:11 eythian rangi: let me know when you have that patch, I'll add it and build master
22:12 tcohen cait: the language cookie might get corrupted...
22:12 tcohen and Koha wouldn't know what language to shooooooooooow
22:12 tcohen joke :-P
22:12 tcohen bye
22:12 cait omg! heh
22:12 cait bye :)
22:12 rangi eythian: will do
22:12 eythian later tcohen
22:15 cbrannon So, when bootstrap was setup, it was setup in a way that themes could be installed and removed easily, right?
22:17 rangi we've always had the ability to have themes predates bootstrap by a number of years
22:17 rangi but prog has always been the fallback
22:18 rangi what we are changing here is not the ability to have themes .. but completely removing the theme that used to be the fallback if any templates were missing from your theme
22:18 rangi and making bootstrap the new fallback (for the OPAC)
22:19 rangi eythian: patch attached to the bug now
22:19 rangi cbrannon: hope that makes sense
22:19 cbrannon But will bootstrap be as hard to replace down the road when the time comes?
22:19 jcamins No harder than prog was.
22:19 eythian rangi: tq
22:19 cait hm
22:19 rangi it's not really been that hard
22:19 cait can someon econfirm detail page display in master opac works?
22:19 rangi and it will be slighter easier
22:20 cait because my opac normal dispaly with xslt is missing all bibliographic data
22:20 jcamins cait: wow, that's quite a side effect!
22:20 rangi what is normal with xslt ?
22:21 carmenh joined #koha
22:21 rangi do you mean with xslt .. or without?
22:21 wizzyrea ^ was wondering that too
22:21 cait owen reported a problem with the marc view i think
22:21 cait i mean the normal view
22:21 cait and with xslt :)
22:22 wizzyrea so you don't see anything
22:22 cait well... yes.
22:22 cait the view tabs... and then the tags and nothing in between
22:22 rangi its probably not finding the xslt file in that case
22:22 cait and the logs show some stuff
22:26 rangi it shows ok on the results page eh?
22:27 rangi and isbd and marc
22:29 cait result seems fine
22:29 cait is it only me?
22:29 rangi nope i can recreate
22:29 rangi its to do with the opacthemes syspref
22:29 rangi <xsl:variable name="theme" select="marc:sysprefs/marc:sy​spref[@name='opacthemes']"/>
22:29 rangi theme is not being set there
22:30 rangi which then breaks here
22:30 rangi <xsl:value-of select="$theme"/>/images/fi​lefind.png</xsl:attribute>
22:30 cait ah - ithought we had kept opacthemes?
22:30 rangi we have
22:31 rangi theres something in either that xslt file
22:31 rangi or C4::XSLT doing somethign wrong
22:31 rangi looking now
22:31 rangi can you file a bug please and ill put the patch on it when its fixed
22:31 eythian sed: can't read /tmp/buildd/koha-3.17~git+201410311​12237.a003ce08/debian/tmp/usr/share​/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/*/en/css/opac.css: No such file or directory
22:31 eythian sed: can't read /tmp/buildd/koha-3.17~git+201410311​12237.a003ce08/debian/tmp/usr/share​/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/*/en/css/sco.css: No such file or directory
22:31 eythian hmm
22:31 eythian so these don't have equivalents now?
22:32 * magnuse cheers all the clever people on
22:32 eythian oh, it's just changing some yui path crap
22:32 eythian that can be deleted
22:32 rangi yeah yui is goneski
22:35 eythian debian/rules gets slightly shorter, yay
22:35 eythian is yui still used anywhere, like staff client etc?
22:36 cbrannon Watching eythian and @rangi go back and forth is like watching Fitz and Simmons in Agents of Shield.  :)
22:37 rangi cait: <syspref name="opacthemes">bootstrap</syspref>
22:37 rangi i checked the xml its being set
22:37 rangi something weird in the xslt i think
22:37 eythian oh yeah, it's totally used in the staff client
22:37 eythian that means I can't strip it out totally, alas
22:41 rocio1 joined #koha
22:42 cait eythian: yes, drag and drop in opacbaskets
22:42 cait afaik
22:42 cait owen has removed everything he could, i think it's only that now
22:43 eythian cait: are you talking opac or staff client?
22:43 cait staff - basketgroups are staff :)
22:43 cait but sorry, getting late here. reading back to slowly
22:43 cait rangi: filing the bug now
22:43 eythian cait: then don't call them opacbaskets ;)
22:44 cait i didn't
22:44 cait oh
22:44 cait i did
22:44 cait d...
22:44 cait I swear i was thinking basketgroups
22:44 cait stupid typing fingers
22:44 * magnuse suspects cait might be in need of some sleep ;-)
22:45 wizzyrea ^
22:45 wizzyrea go to bed :)
22:45 cbrannon cait: :)
22:46 cait rangi: bug 13174
22:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13174 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Opac detail view with XSLT is broken
22:46 rangi ta
22:46 rangi man i hate xslt
22:46 cait i wanted to get 100 bugs signed off... but it's not working out tonight
22:46 cait hm qa'd
22:47 rangi thats just mental
22:48 rangi when i replace "$theme"
22:48 rangi with "marc:sysprefs/marc:syspref[@name='opacthemes']"
22:48 rangi it works fine
22:48 rangi <xsl:variable name="theme" select="marc:sysprefs/marc:sy​spref[@name='opacthemes']"/>
22:48 rangi for some reason this line is not working
22:48 rangi and I dont know why
22:49 cait hm
22:49 cait we didn't touch, did we?
22:49 rangi its not that
22:49 rangi its in the XSLT file
22:49 rangi its definitely being set
22:50 rangi its koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en​/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl
22:50 rangi where the error is
22:50 rangi and that line in particular
22:50 rangi its not setting the theme
22:50 rangi so when we go $theme later it fails
22:50 rangi if i change the $theme bits (2 or them) it passes
22:51 rangi so for some mad reason that variable is not being set .. but all the other xsl:variabls right next to it are
22:51 rangi so there has to be somethign broken on that one line
22:51 rangi im gonna delete the line and type it in by hand in case there is some weird character hidden or something
22:52 cait there is alot of path stuff done for picking files etc. in
22:52 rangi i swear its nothign to do with that
22:52 rangi because i can make the xslt work fine
22:53 rangi without touching C4::XSLT
22:53 rangi the value is getting passed to the xslt file
22:53 rangi i can see it
22:53 rangi its that xsl:variable line is not setting it
22:54 cait hm ok no idea then
22:54 rangi either that or its the value-of select="$theme"
22:54 cait brb
22:54 rangi that is wrong
22:54 eythian cait et al: new master packages uploaded
22:56 eythian @later tell tcohen bug 13173 is fairly important to put in, otherwise things won't work
22:56 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:57 wizzyrea cjh++ # for fixing gitify for the new filenames
22:57 dcook rangi: I haven't read all the scrollback, but if you're adding a syspref to the XSLT, you need to add it to too
22:57 rangi lol
22:57 rangi yeah read the srollback :)
22:58 rangi its definitely in the XML being passed to the XSLT
22:58 cjh wizzyrea: trying to keep up :)
22:58 dcook Hmm
22:58 wizzyrea <3
22:59 * dcook takes a look at the bug report
22:59 rangi dcook: the error is not that the variable in xslt is empty
22:59 dcook Hmm, informative
22:59 eythian cjh: next is plackify ;)
22:59 dcook Ok?
22:59 rangi its that its not declared
22:59 rangi quite different
22:59 rangi if i take the value from the declaration line
22:59 dcook very different
23:00 rangi ie marc:sysprefs/marc:syspref[@name='opacthemes']
23:00 eythian I'm going to break the rules and mark bug 13172 as signed off because it's a trivial one and I've tested it.
23:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13172 major, P5 - low, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , t/Koha_Email.t depends on the database
23:00 rangi and swap that in for whereever it says $theme
23:00 rangi it works fine
23:00 dcook Mmm, right
23:00 rangi its simply the line declaring theme is not working for some weird reason
23:00 * magnuse dreams of replacing xslt marc display with
23:01 cjh eythian: :D sadly havent been keeping up with how the plack work is going.
23:01 dcook rangi: That's rather interesting :S
23:02 rangi eythian: we'll need a new package when this is fixed, the opac is pretty unusable without it
23:02 dcook Side note: We do we need $theme if we're deprecating themes?
23:02 dcook Or is it that we're deprecating 2 themes but not themes in general?
23:03 dcook rangi: Do you have your file up somewhere or can paste it in somewhere?
23:03 dcook It sounds so weird
23:03 rangi we arent deprecating themes
23:03 rangi its in master dcook
23:03 dcook Cool. I'll take a look.
23:03 wizzyrea hrm
23:03 wizzyrea master seems to work for me
23:03 rangi here are the problem lines
23:04 rangi <xsl:variable name="theme" select="marc:sysprefs/marc:s​yspref[@name='opacthemes']"/
23:04 rangi <xsl:attribute name="src">/opac-tmpl/<xsl:value-of select="$theme"/>/images/fi​lefind.png</xsl:attribute>
23:04 dcook And this is a new variable?
23:04 rangi yes
23:04 rangi however before you ask, yes it is in the XML
23:04 dcook I wonder what might happen if we change the name from theme to something else
23:04 rangi tried that :)
23:04 dcook (I already asked that :P)
23:05 dcook Damn it, rangi. You're just encouraging my curiosity!
23:05 rangi if you change $theme to marc:sysprefs/marc:syspref[@name='opacthemes']
23:05 rangi suddently it works
23:05 dcook Right. I meant did you change name="theme" to name="theme2"
23:05 rangi its really odd
23:05 dcook or something like that
23:05 rangi yeah tried that too
23:05 rangi Theme
23:05 dcook Hmm
23:05 * dcook taps his foot while he waits for his git to sync
23:07 papa joined #koha
23:07 magnuse $theme is just empty?
23:07 rangi nope
23:07 rangi undeclared
23:07 rangi its invalid xslt
23:07 rangi not an empty
23:08 rangi if it was empty we'd just get a 404 for that image
23:08 rangi instead of an asplode and nothing
23:08 magnuse ah
23:08 dcook Ugh, upgrade not working..
23:09 * dcook should work on master more often apparently :p
23:09 dcook h'okay..
23:09 rangi you can see the commit that introduced it
23:10 rangi git show b72efe9e
23:10 rangi im wondering if its a scoping thing
23:10 rangi i mean i can easily fix this
23:11 rangi i remove the xsl:variable line
23:11 dcook Hmm... works ok for me
23:11 rangi and change $theme to be marc:sysprefs/marc:syspref[@name='opacthemes']
23:11 wahanui rangi: that doesn't look right
23:11 rangi twice
23:11 wizzyrea yeah works for me as well
23:11 rangi yeah, its something to do with libxml versions and stuff too
23:11 rangi it worked fine on my laptop
23:11 rangi when i was testing this, which is why i signed it off :)
23:11 dcook heh
23:12 rangi however id like to figure out why
23:12 rangi because it will break for others (broken for cait too)
23:12 magnuse anyone checked normarc or unimarc?
23:13 wizzyrea I don't have any normarc records
23:13 dcook I wonder if libxml has limits on the number of variables that can be declared per XSLT... but that doesn't sound right
23:13 wizzyrea or unimarc for that matter.
23:14 rangi can you do
23:14 rangi perl -MXML::LibXML -le 'print $XML::LibXML::VERSION'
23:14 dcook sure thang
23:15 magnuse rangi: tried moving the     <xsl:variable name="theme"           select="marc:sysprefs/marc:sy​spref[@name='opacthemes']"/> line to another place in the xslt?
23:15 rangi i have 2.0116
23:15 dcook 1.95
23:15 rangi interesting
23:15 wahanui well, interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
23:15 dcook magnuse: but that wouldn't explain why it works for some of us and not others
23:15 rangi what do you have wizzyrea ?
23:15 wizzyrea 2.0108
23:15 rangi right so i have the newest
23:16 rangi darn
23:16 rangi that makes it more annoying
23:16 rangi cant just say upgrade libxml :)
23:16 dcook hehe
23:16 rangi i wonder what version cait has
23:16 wizzyrea would be even more annoying if the answer is "downgrade libxml"
23:16 dcook ^
23:16 rangi well no
23:16 rangi i can fix it easily
23:16 rangi its a 3 line change
23:16 rangi but i dont want to without knowing why
23:16 dcook But then what happens down the road, rangi?
23:17 dcook exactly
23:17 dcook rangi: What happens if you try adding some more variables?
23:17 dcook Do they get declared?
23:17 dcook successfully that is
23:20 cait rangi: 2.0108
23:20 rangi interesting
23:20 wahanui i guess interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
23:20 dcook :S
23:20 rangi its definitely a scoping issue
23:21 rangi it doesnt like $theme inside the element
23:21 dcook rangi: What's the problem again?
23:21 dcook Maybe liz and I think it's working when it's not?
23:21 wizzyrea erm.
23:21 rangi you will see no bibliographical data
23:21 dcook Hmm, nevermind then..
23:21 rangi and in the error log
23:21 rangi you will see
23:21 * dcook sees all the data
23:22 rangi Fri Oct 31 12:19:02.261487 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 29932] [client] AH01215: [Fri Oct 31 12:19:02 2014] Variable 'theme' has not been declared., referer:[…]pl?biblionumber=1
23:22 rangi [Fri Oct 31 12:19:02.261543 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 29932] [client] AH01215: [Fri Oct 31 12:19:02 2014] xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed, referer:[…]pl?biblionumber=1
23:22 wizzyrea
23:22 rangi if i shift it
23:22 rangi it works
23:22 wahanui You should blog about it.
23:22 dcook
23:22 rangi thats the referer
23:22 rangi dont get fooled :)
23:22 rangi thats the page i clicked on before i clicked on the normal view
23:22 dcook righto
23:23 wizzyrea no new errors for me when loading that page
23:23 magnuse rangi: what do you mean by "shift it"?
23:23 rangi ah HA
23:23 wizzyrea definitely not that one.
23:23 rangi you see here
23:23 dcook Hmm
23:23 rangi <xsl:template name="showAuthor">
23:23 rangi <xsl:param name="authorfield" />
23:23 rangi <xsl:param name="UseAuthoritiesForTracings" />
23:23 rangi <xsl:param name="materialTypeLabel" />
23:24 rangi it needs
23:24 dcook So you need to be using authorities..
23:24 rangi no
23:24 rangi hehe
23:24 dcook It'll try to validate it even ahead of that?
23:24 rangi you need to have an author
23:24 wizzyrea Ha!
23:24 dcook <xsl:if test="marc:subfield[@code=9]">
23:25 dcook Actually, my example doesn't have an author it seems
23:25 wizzyrea mine does  :P
23:25 * dcook looks at another record
23:25 dcook There we go
23:26 dcook Mm author or subject
23:26 dcook And yep, it's working..
23:26 * wizzyrea just has really good records it seems.
23:26 dcook :p
23:26 rangi whats working?
23:26 dcook This is actually probably one of our best catalogues
23:27 dcook rangi: No errors, it shows the data, and it fills in the variable correctly
23:27 magnuse works for me, both with normarc and marc21, and 2.0108
23:27 * wizzyrea gets rid of an author
23:27 dcook Doesn't LibXML rely on other modules to do the actual parsing?
23:27 dcook And isn't there like 3 or more of those?
23:28 wizzyrea actually, mine didn't have an author, only additional authors.
23:29 dcook wizzyrea: Any of your authors or subjects have $9?
23:29 magnuse correction: works for me, both with normarc and marc21, and 2.0117
23:29 dcook Not that I'm that familiar with when a XML parser decides to croak...
23:30 dcook misc/
23:30 dcook I have "XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0xe3c9e8)"
23:30 wizzyrea nope, a's only
23:31 rangi ahh yes i lie it is authorities
23:32 rangi you need a 9 you are right dcook
23:32 rangi on subjects
23:32 dcook If you don't have a $9, does it work?
23:32 rangi yes
23:32 dcook O_O
23:32 dcook Snap
23:32 dcook Well, if it helps, I have a $9 on mine, and it still works
23:32 rocio_away left #koha
23:33 magnuse i have "XML::SAX::Expat=HASH(0x21deb48)", which, apparently, "looks bad"
23:34 rangi its defininitely record dependent
23:34 dcook magnuse: Honestly, I don't know what difference it makes (if any). I just noticed mention of the script in the listserv and wiki
23:34 rangi and its only the 2nd $theme that fails
23:34 rangi the first one is fine
23:34 rangi so tracking it down
23:34 dcook Interesting..
23:34 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
23:34 dcook Which is the 2nd?
23:35 dcook 2nd is author?
23:35 dcook I'll check that one out too then
23:35 rangi second is subject
23:35 rangi or 880
23:35 rangi its hard to tell
23:35 rangi xslt makes my head hurt
23:36 * dcook kind of likes xslt :p
23:36 dcook At least usually
23:36 dcook Maybe not as much today
23:37 dcook Now to remember how to set up an authority..
23:37 rangi line 1073
23:37 rangi thats the bad line
23:37 rangi so you have to make that trigger somehow
23:38 dcook Yep, that's author
23:38 * dcook gives 'er a go
23:38 dcook And explodes
23:38 dcook Yay for consistency at least ;)
23:40 magnuse line 1006 etc has:
23:40 dcook That is very interesting
23:40 magnuse <xsl:template name="showAuthor">
23:40 magnuse <xsl:param name="authorfield" />
23:40 magnuse <xsl:param name="UseAuthoritiesForTracings" />
23:40 magnuse <xsl:param name="materialTypeLabel" />
23:40 magnuse does theme need to be "pulled in" in a similar way?
23:41 magnuse <xsl:param name="theme" /> ?
23:41 dcook yes!
23:41 dcook I think that's it
23:41 dcook Well...I'll try it
23:41 dcook I'm 99% sure you're right, magnuse
23:41 * magnuse crosses fingers
23:41 rangi thats it
23:41 * dcook has added a lot of local sysprefs and run afoul of this before
23:41 rangi its totally a scoping thing
23:42 dcook yep, you called it
23:42 rangi when you call a template, it doenst have access to the variables you declared
23:42 magnuse \o/
23:42 rangi yay easy fix
23:42 dcook :D
23:42 dcook teamwork ftw
23:42 rangi you wanna send the patch magnus, you fixed it :)
23:42 dcook magnuse++
23:43 rangi i was close
23:43 magnuse rangi: nah, too tired :-)
23:43 rangi 12:23 <@rangi>     <xsl:template name="showAuthor">
23:43 rangi 20 mins ago
23:43 rangi i was looking at the right place :)
23:43 magnuse :-)
23:43 rangi right ill fix, will need to be fixed for normarc too
23:43 rangi im guessing
23:43 dcook Yep. I probably interrupted your train of thought, rangi :p
23:43 rangi so ill do a patch for that
23:44 mtompset Thanks, cait. I aim to make testing as thorough and easy as possible, because I know I hate it when people write crappy test plans. :)
23:44 dcook rangi: If you do the patch, I'll test it
23:45 rangi righto
23:46 magnuse actually, it doesn't look like normarc has a     <xsl:template name="showAuthor">
23:46 magnuse i have not been able to keep up with marc21, methinks...
23:47 magnuse but just try switching marcflavour to normarc and see if you can reproduce. actual normarc records should not be necessary
23:47 rangi righto
23:47 rangi yeah $theme was added to 3 places in the normarc file so ill test that too
23:48 magnuse rangi++
23:48 rangi tis fine in normarc
23:48 magnuse yay! :-)
23:48 rangi only marc21 is tricky and uses the template thing
23:48 magnuse thanks for checking
23:49 rangi Beskrivelse: 302 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 26 cm .
23:49 magnuse nice
23:51 magnuse i'll ignore that for now, and sleep peacfully, knowing that normarc is safe
23:51 rangi so that makes it not explode
23:51 rangi but it still 404's
23:51 rangi on the image
23:52 rangi so now i have to figure out, ok weve declared theme as a param, how do we populate it
23:52 dcook It's when you call the template
23:52 magnuse chase cait off to bed if she turns up again, please?
23:52 rangi right so i have to find the showauthor call
23:52 dcook <xsl:with-param name="theme" select="$theme"/>
23:52 magnuse have fun, #koha!
23:52 dcook yep
23:52 dcook laterz, magnuse. Good catch!
23:53 rangi ta dcook
23:53 dcook np
23:53 cait :P
23:53 eythian https://dl.dropboxusercontent.[…]nshots/L8wgIa.png
23:53 rangi <xsl:call-template name="showAuthor">
23:53 dcook :o
23:53 dcook I was wondering if cait was lurking
23:53 rangi fixed
23:53 dcook rangi: That'd be the one, I believe
23:53 dcook :D
23:54 dcook eythian: Have you been watching Doctor Who?
23:54 * dcook just watched the moon episode last night
23:54 eythian heh yes
23:54 dcook hehe
23:55 dcook So cait posted that bug report at 10:45pm UTC, and it's going to be fixed around 11:55pm UTC, yeah?
23:55 mtompset I didn't like the moon episode so much. The inside the Dalek episode has been one of the best thus far. The 2D aliens were pretty good too.
23:55 dcook Nnot bad
23:55 dcook Not bad*
23:56 dcook mtompset: Yeah, I didn't like the moon episode as much as some of the previous ones either.
23:56 rangi yep
23:56 rangi patch atttached now
23:56 dcook Sweet as.
23:56 mtompset I like the trees saving the planet tie in to other episodes, but it wasn't the greatest.
23:57 dcook btw, I haven't caught up to the current episode yet :p
23:57 dcook Wait, maybe I shouldn't have admitted that
23:57 mtompset Oops. Sorry for the spoiler.
23:57 dcook Missed the Who when I was on holiday
23:59 cait rangi++
23:59 dcook Patch signed off :)
23:59 eythian <-- dcook

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary