IRC log for #koha, 2014-09-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 tcohen joined #koha
00:32 tcohen hi dcook
00:32 tcohen dcook: i need you to do another test on the zebra facet patches
00:33 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12937 [Follow-up] Deleting suggestions should ask for a confirmation <[…]1564401fd929c28cd> / Bug 12937: Deleting suggestions should ask for a confirmation <[…]edcb1691a794f38f6> / Bug 12876: (followup) remove useless diags <
00:44 dcook Oh nose
00:45 dcook It might have to wait :/
00:48 tcohen when you have some spare minutes: add another subfield to a facet definition (say field 100 subfields="ab")
00:48 wizzyrea :)
00:49 tcohen regen the xsl, add a record with a and b subfields for 100
00:49 tcohen reindex, test
00:49 tcohen :-D
00:54 dcook I would love to add some facets for fixed field data as well
00:54 dcook And he's gone
00:54 dcook :p
00:59 tcohen joined #koha
00:59 tcohen hey dcook
01:00 tcohen i meant to say tht way you could test more of the functionality
01:00 tcohen because it is not only facet retrieval, but also XSL generation
01:01 tcohen still need some unimarc-er to test, so no rush :-D
01:03 dcook :D
01:03 dcook Well, I leave for holidays in... 2 more days
01:03 rangi mmmm this coffee is awesome
01:03 dcook So it may or may not happen
01:03 * dcook is nervous and excited at the same time
01:06 tcohen dcook: greece?
01:11 tcohen dinner is ready
01:11 tcohen bye #koha
01:12 dcook @later tell tcohen Yeppers. Greece, Switzerland, and Italy.
01:12 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
01:13 eythian dcook: have you ensured you'll have the facility and schedule to be on #koha during the au/nz daytime?
01:14 dcook :P
01:14 rangi[…]ies-forefront-ska
01:14 rangi i like the use of large there :)
01:17 dcook hehe
01:18 wizzyrea the girls at the sweet stand do make pretty awesome coffee
01:19 rangi this one has salted caramel in it!
01:19 wizzyrea oh I had one of those!
01:19 rangi yum
01:19 wizzyrea it was yum
01:19 wizzyrea ha!
01:29 wnickc joined #koha
01:55 rangi
02:03 wnickc reminds me of this:
02:06 mtj hi all
02:06 wnickc hello
02:07 rangi yeah thats a great movie too
02:07 mtj very exciting SKA news, rangi
02:08 wnickc is there a known bug on the 'Manage staged records' page, or am I doing something wrong?
02:08 wnickc all my links to view imported marc are javascript:void(0)
02:08 rangi what version wnickc ?
02:09 wnickc master
02:09 rangi and what browser?
02:09 wnickc firefox
02:09 rangi sounds like a bug, but i havent heard it reported before
02:10 wnickc and chrome
02:10 wizzyrea mmm haven't seen that
02:10 wnickc I saw it on my VM, replicated on biblibre sandbox
02:11 rangi hmm probably something that has snuck in recently
02:11 wizzyrea yeah it'd about have to be.
02:11 rangi you could try checking out the 3.16.x branch and see if it works on there
02:11 rangi that would narrow it down
02:12 wnickc good call, let me see
02:14 chrisvella94 joined #koha
02:15 mtj also... those docos look great!
02:15 wnickc I am still seeing it, unless I need to do something more complicated than 'git checkout 3.16.x'
02:15 rangi shouldnt need to know
02:15 rangi know = no
02:16 wnickc okey doke, any more due diligence I can/should do before filing?
02:17 rangi you could try 3.14.x too, if its still doing it there .. then it's more likely to do with something peculair to you
02:19 rangi id report it anyway, with as much info as you have
02:20 mtj wnickc: perhaps a js  cache bug  yr browser ?
02:20 wnickc works fine in 3.14.x
02:21 rangi right, seems like a bug thats crept in recentish .. cool, if you report it saying that its broken in 3.16 and master, but works at 3.14
02:23 wizzyrea yeah I see that too, in 3.16.3
02:23 NateC joined #koha
02:25 martin_ joined #koha
02:26 wnickc thanks everyone
02:27 wnickc bug 12983
02:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12983 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Links to view imported record MARC have invalid target "javascript:void(0)"
02:27 rangi cool
02:27 wnickc good night all, no more testing once I finish my bourbon :-)
02:27 rangi :)
02:27 rangi @quote search wine
02:27 huginn rangi: 1 found: #250: "<cjh> This code smells of wine."
02:28 martin_ hey - does anyone know how to updated the "advanced notices" for all patrons - I tried to run borrowers-force-messages-default (a script) but received error messages
02:28 wizzyrea haha
02:28 wizzyrea what were the messages?
02:28 * cjh whistles innocently
02:28 martin_ unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml
02:29 martin_ at /usr/share/koha/C4
02:29 wizzyrea how did you install?
02:29 martin_ I'm running on a VPS
02:29 martin_ Ubuntu Server Edition
02:29 wizzyrea packages?
02:29 wahanui packages is at
02:30 wizzyrea meaning, did you install with packages?
02:30 martin_ ah - let me check
02:30 martin_ yes - I htink I did
02:30 martin_ think
02:30 wizzyrea ok, then try doing a sudo koha-shell
02:30 martin_ it's been a few months now, and it's a production server
02:30 martin_ ok
02:30 wizzyrea sudo koha-shell instancename
02:30 wizzyrea I mean
02:30 wizzyrea and then try running it
02:32 martin_ awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02:32 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, martin_
02:32 martin_ Thanks!
02:32 wizzyrea yep yw :)
02:32 martin_ yup
02:32 mtompset joined #koha
02:32 martin_ I couldn't find instructions anywhere
02:32 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
02:32 martin_ thanks so much !
02:33 wizzyrea anytime :)
02:34 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea!
02:34 mtompset Greetings, martin_. :)
02:35 wizzyrea hi mtompset
02:35 martin_ hey mtompset!
02:35 wahanui i think mtompset is catching up in the non-coding aspects of his ministry.
02:35 martin_ LOL
02:35 mtompset Yes, I need to finish all my thank you letters still.
02:35 martin_ I'm glad you all are here - I've been beating my head against the wall with this all day long
02:37 * mtompset smirks, "Musical flashback!"
02:37 wizzyrea visit early, visit often ;)
02:37 mtompset -- All Night Long (Lionel Richie)
02:38 wizzyrea honestly, one should never bang their head against a Koha problem for more than an hour or two before popping up here.
02:38 * mtompset nods in agreement with wizzyrea's suggestion.
02:38 martin_ yeah - I think I'm learning that now
02:39 martin_ question about my previous question - it all got reset, but how do I globally update the advanced notice to what I want it to be for all users?
02:39 martin_ do I need to edit the script?
02:39 wizzyrea you set the default in the borrower categories
02:39 wizzyrea and then run the script to apply the defaults to all users.
02:39 martin_ ah - okay - I'll have to look at it again
02:39 martin_ thanks!
02:39 wizzyrea or do you mean the notice itself
02:39 wizzyrea the content of the notice
02:41 martin_ nah - I meant the date of the advanced notice
02:41 wizzyrea yep, then in the borrower categories
02:42 wizzyrea More -> Administration -> Borrower Categories
02:43 martin_ patron categories? I did that - do I need to turn enhanced notices off first, and then back on?
02:43 wizzyrea shouldn't, once you set the defaults you run the tool to update the borrowers
02:44 martin_ hmm - thing didn't do it
02:44 wizzyrea you have the messaging defaults set?
02:44 wizzyrea per borrower category?
02:44 martin_ yes - 1 day, etc.
02:44 martin_ only for one borrower category - "student"
02:44 wizzyrea for the borrower category of the borrower you are testing with?
02:45 martin_ I was trying to update all existing borrowers on my live server - probably not a good idea, but I have no choice - this thing just went live 2 weeks ago
02:47 wizzyrea did you run it with --doit?
02:47 wizzyrea borrowers-force-messaging-defaults --doit
02:47 martin_ oh crud - nope
02:47 martin_ oops
02:48 martin_ mhuwhahahahah - it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02:48 wizzyrea eythian: an example of a script that doesn't explicitly tell you what's happening when you just run it
02:48 martin_ okay - now I owe $2
02:48 wizzyrea is that force messaging defaults one
02:48 eythian wizzyrea: yes, I was just thinking that.
02:48 martin_ where can I find documentation on things like this --> here -- LOL
02:48 wizzyrea well that and try --help
02:48 wizzyrea on the script.
02:49 wizzyrea that one needs to be fixed, actually, to not work the way it does.
02:49 eythian Should just make a module that provides all the basic behaviours by default.
02:49 wizzyrea oh hey that would be cool.
02:51 wizzyrea I'm pretty excited about bug 12162
02:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12162 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Add class="branchcode" to body tag to make OPAC CSS-styleable per branch
02:52 cait joined #koha
02:52 eythian yeah, an addition to it would be something that allows the webserver to push it through, that way we could style things based on domain a bit easier.
02:52 eythian hi cait
02:52 eythian go back to bed.
02:53 wizzyrea go back to bed is <reply>[…]9rdlo1_r2_400.gif
03:25 mtompset go back to bed?
03:25 wahanui[…]9rdlo1_r2_400.gif
03:26 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
03:29 eythian a) it's nice to have master building again
03:29 eythian b) uploading new master packages
04:54 indradg joined #koha
05:48 * magnuse waves
05:55 dcook yo magnuse
05:56 magnuse wassup dcook
05:57 dcook Not too much. Trying to get ready for Europe and trying to get ready for OSDC as it happens the week after I get back :S
05:57 dcook All the travel!
06:00 magnuse gah!
06:00 magnuse whereabouts in europe?
06:00 dcook Mostly the south :). Greece, Switzerland, and Italy
06:02 paul_p joined #koha
06:03 cait joined #koha
06:04 cait mrning
06:05 dcook morning cait :)
06:05 dcook and paul_p :)
06:08 magnuse dcook: nice
06:08 magnuse kia ora cait and paul_p
06:18 indradg__ joined #koha
06:18 paul_p kia ora magnuse & dcook &others.
06:23 cait morning all :)
06:31 reiveune joined #koha
06:32 reiveune hello
06:32 magnuse piwik++
06:44 sophie_m joined #koha
06:54 alex_a joined #koha
06:55 alex_a bonjour
06:57 dcook Holy... just looked at one of the hotels where I'll be staying on Crete
06:57 dcook I think I need a longer holiday :p
06:58 * dcook thinks some libraries in Greece should adopt Koha... then Koha 2016 in Greece..
06:59 rangi there already are quite a few
06:59 dcook \o/
07:01 dcook Just two more sleeps...
07:01 * dcook is getting pretty amped
07:02 dcook You could say it's a delayed honeymoon from our wedding last year
07:04 indradg joined #koha
07:06 mtj hey peeps, can anyone think of a sane reason why a koha would have many old_issues rows, with NULL borrnum values?
07:07 mtj surely thats some horrible bug, yes?
07:10 mtj or poss. returning/checking-in a non-issued item, creates a row with no borrower?
07:11 magnuse dcook: there were 1 or 2 people from greece at the last hackfest in marseille
07:18 mtj hiya magnuse
07:18 mtj for the logs, i just confirmed that doesnt seem to happen ^^
07:19 mtj hmm, its got me a bit stumped...
07:20 magnuse kia ora mtj
07:20 mtj dcook:  i like your greece idea :p
07:22 paxed "Lambert's conformal conict"   typo, should be "conic"
07:23 dcook mtj: I suppose you might get an old_issues row with NULL when you delete that borrower?
07:23 dcook Not sure if there's a FK to the borrowers table
07:23 dcook The boss found out last night that optimizing a MariaDB 5.5.33 will reset the auto_increment in a table to max(id)+1
07:23 dcook which was... lovely
07:24 dcook mtj: I'm glad you like the greece idea ^_^
07:24 dcook The photos all look gorgeous so far
07:24 Joubu hi
07:26 dcook salut Joubu
07:27 rangi mtj: its the cascades on the foreign keys
07:27 dcook ^
07:27 rangi they will be deleted borrowers
07:28 cait joined #koha
07:28 rangi mtj: CONSTRAINT `old_issues_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`borrowernumber`) REFERENCES `borrowers` (`borrowernumber`) ON DELETE SET NULL ON UPDATE SET NULL,
07:28 dcook Certainly nicer than deleting on delete
07:30 rangi its really all you can do
07:30 mtj aah, ok - makes sense rangi :)
07:32 mtj ...and dcook, thanks for the brainslap guys
07:35 dcook "D
07:35 dcook :D*
08:17 paxed typo "Merllisia Manueli", should probably be "Merllissia Manueli"
08:43 Joubu @later tell gmcharlt If you didn't release 3.16.X yet, could you have a look at bug 12955 please? A trivial patch fixes a quite important bug.
08:43 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:55 magnuse bug 12955
08:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12955 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , The budget list always shows my funds
10:22 * cait waves
10:22 cait i am pondering bug 9729
10:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9729 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Unable to use IT search terms such as C#, .NET, C++ in searching
10:22 cait i wonder if we could stop zebra from treating # and + as breaking characters.. (space) and if that would fix it... but not sure about side effects
10:27 papa joined #koha
10:28 indradg joined #koha
10:32 paxed "The order line you trying to cancel was created from a partial receipt of "    ...sounds rather ungrammatical.
10:37 magnuse "are trying" perhaps?
11:17 indradg joined #koha
11:18 akafred joined #koha
11:47 vfernandes joined #koha
11:47 vfernandes hi :D
11:48 vfernandes one little problem: with UNIMARC, koha 3.14 isn't indexing 942$c which is the itemtype
11:48 vfernandes so records with no items aren't returned in itemtypes searches
11:49 vfernandes i've changed record.abs, biblio-zebra-indexdefs anda biblio-koha-indexdefs to index 942$c
11:49 vfernandes but still no results
11:50 vfernandes with yaz-client the index isn't being created
11:52 vfernandes how to correct this?
11:53 JesseM joined #koha
11:53 jwagner joined #koha
11:54 oleonard joined #koha
11:55 oleonard Hi #koha
11:57 vfernandes where the zebra database is locked?
11:57 vfernandes located?
11:58 Topic for #koha is now The next Koha General IRC meeting is 24 September 2014 at 14:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
11:58 oleonard That's today, folks!
11:59 cait yep it is :)
11:59 cait in 2 hours!
11:59 cait vfernandes: are you using DOM?
12:00 vfernandes yes
12:04 cait record.abs is not important then
12:05 vfernandes cait i think that biblio-zebra-indexdefs and biblio-koha-indexdefs are correct
12:05 cait hm but not sure what might have gone wrong
12:05 cait you reindexed?
12:05 vfernandes yes
12:05 cait and just added another field to the index?
12:05 vfernandes yes... i will put on paste
12:07 pastebot "vfernandes" at pasted "942$n" (61 lines) at
12:08 vfernandes cait can you see the paste?
12:10 cait vfernandes: i haven't worked much mit dom so far, there is a good site on the wiki about it
12:10 cait[…]i/MRenvoize/zebra
12:13 vfernandes cait it's resolved :D
12:14 cait :)
12:14 vfernandes the problem it that i can't have two <xslo:template mode="index_subfields" match="marc:datafield[@tag='942']"> in the same file :D
12:30 indradg joined #koha
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:01 oleonard Do new template plugin functions require tests?
13:06 cait oleonard: if you ask tcohen he will probably say yes... are you thinking of something specific?
13:07 oleonard I'm trying adding a "getBorrowerCategories" sub to the Borrowers template plugin which simply returns C4::Category->all
13:11 kmlussier joined #koha
13:13 oleonard part of a fix for Bug 12982...
13:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12982 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Patron category dropdown empty in header search form on patron entry page
13:15 rambutan joined #koha
13:16 cait hm
13:17 cait there are some examples for tets for the plugins
13:17 cait if you are ot sure how to do it maybe submit and we can then see about a test?
13:17 * oleonard fears the merciless lash of QA
13:17 cait another question - i am trying to look for a string with jquery that contians () - it doesn't seem to like that
13:17 cait oleonard: :)
13:18 cait :contains("Items ( 0 )")
13:18 cait if i leave out the () it finds the string but not with them - but i only want to catch the case where it says 0...
13:18 cait is there a way to escape the parentheses?
13:20 NateC joined #koha
13:20 * oleonard doesn't know
13:20 cait hm
13:20 cait running out of ideas.
13:24 oleonard Did you try escaping with  \\ ?
13:24 cait hm i tried one
13:24 cait will try 2 :)
13:26 cait $("a:contains('Holdings')").remove(); < works... but as soon as i add to it... boom :(
13:26 cait the \\ doesn't seemto work either
13:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:27 cait i think i will just look for the 0 and use #tab_holdings
13:30 cma joined #koha
13:32 nengard joined #koha
13:40 jmsasse joined #koha
13:41 Marjorie joined #koha
13:42 Marjorie Hi, is there a way to know who deleted a biblio?
13:43 * oleonard thinks it was cait
13:44 cait oleonard: heh thx
13:44 cait Marjorie: if you use cataloguing logs maybe
13:44 oleonard ...which one is specifically advised against :|
13:45 cait it's getting quite huge i think yes
13:46 Marjorie cait: ok thanks
13:47 Marjorie cait: if sys pref cataloguinglog is not activated, i suppose there is no other way to konw who deleted a biblio?
13:48 oleonard I can confirm that the log does record deletions if you have the CataloguingLog system preference enabled
13:48 paul_p joined #koha
13:48 tcohen joined #koha
13:48 cait Marjorie: sorry, not that i know of. I think thelog is for that, but people often don't have it activated
13:50 oleonard ...because we tell them not to.
13:51 Marjorie oleonard: thanks
13:55 rambutan joined #koha
13:55 oleonard Is anyone here for the meeting?
13:55 rambutan I was gonna watch
13:55 oleonard Are ByWater folks all offline for a retreat as their tweet suggests?
13:56 cait i am
13:56 cait tcohen: ?
13:57 tcohen hi
13:57 cait oleonard: hm i was not aware of the warning, but i guess itmight slow down things in some cases
13:58 BobB hi oleonard, I'm here
13:58 BobB but its midnight, so not sure how long I'll stay
13:59 cait lookig for the agenda
13:59 oleonard Hi BobB! Go to bed :)
13:59 cait BobB: see you soon :)
13:59 BobB :)
13:59 cait do we have no agenda for today?
14:00 BobB[…]24_September_2014
14:00 cait oh thx
14:00 cait no idea why i didn' find it
14:00 cait i could chair if people are ok with it?
14:00 jwagner go for it, cait
14:00 BobB thx cait
14:00 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting, 24 September
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep 24 14:00:53 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting__24_september'
14:00 cait #topic Introductions
14:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:01 cait please introduce yourself like wahanui by using #info
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
14:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:01 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx
14:01 jwagner #info Jane Wagner LibLime/PTFS
14:01 jwagner (only here for a short time, though)
14:01 cait #link[…]24_September_2014
14:01 jmsasse #info Joel Sasse Plum Creek
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
14:02 BobB hi jmsasse !
14:02 jmsasse Hi BobB!
14:02 cait #topic Announcements
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:02 cait announcements? :)
14:02 * BobB just turned into a pumpkin
14:02 rambutan #info Greg Lawson Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
14:02 * cait hides the pumkin so noone makes soup of it
14:03 BobB :)
14:03 cait tcohen: ?
14:03 cait ok, I will jump to releases in that case :)
14:03 tcohen hi cait
14:03 tcohen whatsup?
14:03 tcohen oh
14:03 cait lookig for announcements, but handing over to you in a moment
14:03 tcohen meetingª!!!!!!
14:03 cait #topic Update on releases
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:03 cait as we have woken up tcohen now, let's start with 3.18 :)
14:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Univeridad Nacional de Cordoba
14:04 tcohen #info we are close to start integrating CCSR/PROG deprecation
14:04 cait where integration means kicking those templates out :)
14:05 tcohen #info RM is quite busy with kohacon stuff, but will keep the pace
14:05 tcohen that's is
14:05 cait we will tie him to a chair at the hackfest ;)
14:05 tcohen we are finishing the preliminary programme for kohacon14
14:05 tcohen right now :-D
14:05 cait gmcharlt: ?
14:06 cait tcohen++
14:06 cait I am working on the Shibboleth paches with ashimema again
14:07 cait hope to have those through qa soon
14:07 tcohen we have a couple (minor) security patches pushed yesterday
14:07 tcohen that will be on the stable branches soon
14:07 tcohen bgkriegel already updated strings for stable releases
14:08 tcohen (3.14 still wip)
14:08 cait tcohen: will there be an email to translators?
14:08 tcohen bgkriegel says soon, in a few minutes
14:09 cait nice :)
14:09 cait bgkriegel++
14:09 cait gmcharlt has been pushing patches to 3.16 and is ee the strings got updated, so that's looking good
14:09 cait anything else on releases?
14:10 cait ok, moving on then
14:10 duxbuz joined #koha
14:10 cait #topic Code of conduct
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Code of conduct (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:10 cait there has been an email from thomas and i see that gmcharlt wanted to update the draft
14:11 cait I am not sureif that has happened - we may have to push this to next meeting or a separate one
14:11 cait any ideas/comments?
14:12 oleonard With neither gmcharlt nor thd present to comment I think we push this to the next meeting
14:12 cait #link[…]
14:12 cait oleonard: only problem is
14:12 cait we won't have one for the conf now :(
14:12 BobB I agree its a good idea to have a code, I've not studied thomas' draft
14:12 BobB We can publish the draft for conference, I guess
14:13 cait but you ar right oleonard, we will need to push it
14:13 cait #info the discussion about the code of conduct will be postponed to next or a separate meeting
14:13 oleonard I would vote for the code of conduct based on my uninformed reading of it, but would be interested to hear opposing viewpoints
14:14 cait i am not sure if going with 'something' now and refining later shoudln't be also considered
14:14 jcamins Not to belabor a dead horse, but why not vote on the code of conduct as it stands, and then allow for amendment at a future meeting if it passes?
14:14 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
14:14 cait what do people think?
14:14 oleonard I've got no problem with that
14:14 BobB I'm ill informed, sorry - hard to express a viewpoint
14:15 BobB I support the concept
14:15 jmsasse +1
14:15 cait BobB: so you'd rather wait voting on the existing draft?
14:15 BobB I won't get time to study it until conference
14:16 BobB not helpful, sorry
14:16 cait i know a vote about a vote is a bit silly, but I will ask anyway: Do you feel ok to vote on the existing draf in order to put something in place or rather wait for a ameneded version?
14:16 cait and please all... ignore the typos
14:17 oleonard +1 to voting on the existing draft
14:17 BobB ok +1
14:17 jcamins +1
14:18 cait +1
14:18 jmsasse +1
14:18 jwagner +1
14:19 cait tcohen: would this be ok to you as the conf organizer?
14:19 druthb +1
14:19 cait please vote yes or no on the draft as a preliminary code of conduct with the option to amend and change it at later meetings now:
14:20 oleonard Yes
14:20 cait i will also accept +-1 :)
14:20 cait +1
14:20 jcamins +1
14:21 jwagner +1
14:21 jmsasse +1
14:21 BobB +1
14:21 cait hm i think we lost tcohen
14:21 tcohen +1
14:21 cait #agreed the current draft will serve as code of conduct for now, but can be changed or amended at later meetings
14:21 tcohen side note
14:22 tcohen we are arranging things at the university
14:22 tcohen because we have some offices that give advisxe and take care of that matters
14:22 druthb tcohen++
14:23 cait :)
14:23 cait moving on?
14:23 cait #topic KohaCon14
14:23 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon14 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:23 tcohen you wont let me finish the schedule, right? :-P
14:24 cait I think me and some others will try to tweet, blog and talk on IRC about what's going on
14:24 cait #action tcohen will finish the schedule now ;)
14:24 cait ok
14:24 tcohen #info registrations are already closed (since friday)
14:25 BobB tcohen will the conference be mostly in Spanish?
14:25 tcohen BobB: no
14:25 tcohen there are several presentations in spanish
14:25 BobB good for me, hope its OK for local people
14:25 tcohen that will be translated into english
14:25 BobB :)
14:26 tcohen we are finishing (with bgkriegel) the schedule, that will be available on the website
14:26 tcohen and on EventBase
14:26 tcohen (there's a nice mobile app)
14:27 tcohen the sunday asado is already booked
14:27 cait :)
14:27 tcohen #info please confirm you're coming to Mel
14:28 tcohen #info don't forget to post your arrival/departure time on the wiki
14:28 tcohen #link[…]_is_arriving_when
14:28 tcohen done
14:29 cait :)
14:29 cait #topic KohaCon15
14:29 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:29 cait my impression is
14:29 cait that the deadline is over
14:29 cait[…]haCon15_Proposals
14:30 JasonBurds joined #koha
14:30 cait and  that's make Nigeria the winner I think, since we didn't get an official application from Zambia
14:31 cait comments?
14:31 wahanui comments are turned on
14:31 BobB can we commit to West Africa just now?
14:31 cait I am not sure how to proceed
14:31 tcohen can we discuss this later?
14:31 BobB Ibadan has offerred three times, so they do deserve to get it
14:31 reiveune bye
14:31 reiveune left #koha
14:32 cait I think we could wait another meeting, yes
14:32 tcohen some concerns were raised about the current situation at Nigeria
14:32 cait what i feel we should do is get a confirmation from them, if we don't have a vote
14:32 tcohen we need to contact them
14:32 BobB yep, sounds like a way forward
14:32 tcohen and make the concerns explicit, to hear from them
14:33 BobB fwiw, the epidemic is not at all in Nigeria at this time
14:33 pablito joined #koha
14:34 cait ok, so what do we put in #action or #info?
14:35 BobB to have further discussions with the Ibadan proposal?
14:35 BobB I think that's about as firm as we can be at this stage
14:35 cait #info Next steps about KohaCon15 and the Ibadan prosoal to be discussed at the next meeting
14:35 cait ok?
14:35 ztajoli joined #koha
14:35 BobB good one cait
14:35 cait #topic Actions from the last general meeting
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Actions from the last general meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:36 cait i think those were covered - gmcharlt asked on the list about the meeting time (and set one)
14:36 cait and tcohen asked about the utf-8 patches
14:36 cait anything else i missed?
14:36 cait so movign on to the last topic then :)
14:36 cait #topic Set time and date of next general meeting
14:36 Topic for #koha is now Set time and date of next general meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting, 24 September)
14:37 cait if we keep the usual monthly schedule
14:37 cait that would be .. . mabe 29th?
14:37 cait of october
14:37 cait or 22nd - a week earlier and closer to kohacon?
14:38 jmsasse +1 for Oct. 22
14:38 cait thx jmsasse - was wondering if anyone was still here with me:)
14:38 oleonard +1 for Oct. 22
14:38 cait is this time better for everyone? could it be an option to move it one horu earlier?
14:39 BobB one hour earlier ++
14:39 BobB Three hours earlier might bring the kiwis in
14:39 cait i know of somene else who this would work for better
14:39 cait hmnot quite enough for the kiwis i think
14:39 cait ah maybe
14:39 oleonard one hour earlier works fine for me, not so well for folks on US west coast.
14:39 cait 10pm?
14:40 oleonard ...but not unreasonably early for them.
14:40 cait shall we try?
14:40 oleonard Sure why not
14:40 cait i am bad with timezones, relying on others here :)
14:41 BobB its impossible to be convenient for everyone, its good to rotate it
14:41 BobB Is that 10pm utc?
14:41 cait just checking, that would be 13 utc?
14:41 BobB ah ok
14:41 cait this one was 14
14:41 cait #agreed Next meeting will be October 22, 13 UTC
14:42 cait we will see :) can still change via mailing list if it's totally bad
14:42 cait #endmeeting
14:42 Topic for #koha is now The next Koha General IRC meeting is 24 September 2014 at 14:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
14:42 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep 24 14:42:05 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:42 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-24-14.00.html
14:42 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-09-24-14.00.txt
14:42 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]24-14.00.log.html
14:42 cait thx everyone for attending
14:42 cait and BobB for staying up late
14:42 BobB timezones change before 22 Oct (:
14:42 cait eek
14:42 cait you are right i guess
14:42 cait daylight savings
14:42 cait in australia too?
14:43 BobB yep, it'll midnight here again, LOL
14:43 BobB don't worry, done now
14:43 cait stupid timezones
14:43 BobB thanks for chairing so well again cait
14:44 BobB goodnight all, bedtime here
14:44 collum joined #koha
14:44 jmsasse Cait++:)
14:44 mario joined #koha
14:45 jmsasse Night BobB
14:45 Topic for #koha is now The next Koha General IRC meeting is 22 October, 13:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
14:47 oleonard Joubu: I wonder if Bug 10929 is made obsolete by any of your work in progress?
14:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10929 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , fund amounts sort incorrectly in table on Administration -> Budgets -> Funds page
14:49 thd gmcharlt: Are you here?
14:51 Joubu oleonard: yes completely. Actually it is already pushed :)
14:51 Joubu bug 11576
14:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11576 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Untranslatable "manage" in serials-collection
14:51 Joubu hum not this one...
14:51 Joubu bug 11578
14:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11578 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Improvement of the funds list view
14:52 oleonard Okay thanks
14:52 Joubu oleonard: I let a note
14:55 Joubu oleonard: do you know if it's save to upgrade our datatables.js version?
14:55 oleonard Joubu: I don't know.
14:56 Joubu oleonard: ok thanks, it was just in case :)
14:56 oleonard Do you see a need to do an upgrade now?
14:57 Joubu oleonard: yes
14:58 Joubu I am going to use footerCallback
14:58 Joubu which does not seem to use with our current version
14:58 Joubu I got the new one and it works
14:58 oleonard I see the DataTables site has a new look
14:59 ztajoli left #koha
15:01 barton joined #koha
15:01 oleonard Joubu: Will you create a separate bug for the upgrade? I think that would be best.
15:01 barton morning, #koha
15:01 Joubu yep, it's what I am doing :)
15:02 thd Sorry all, I had the wrong time for the meeting.
15:07 indradg joined #koha
15:09 nengard joined #koha
15:13 Oak joined #koha
15:16 gmcharlt cait++
15:16 gmcharlt cait++
15:16 gmcharlt cait++
15:16 oleonard Joubu: Don't other DataTables plugins need to be updated at the same time? ColVis, at least, is listed on the DataTables site
15:17 druthb cait++
15:17 cait lol
15:17 druthb #wait, what are we ++ing cait for?
15:19 Joubu oleonard: I am not sure we should. I had a quick test at the page using ColVis and it seems to work correctly
15:19 tcohen hi
15:19 tcohen morning
15:21 cait druthb: since when do you need a reason? ;)
15:22 druthb Oh, right.
15:22 druthb cait++
15:22 gmcharlt druthb: cait running with the CoC ball this morning
15:23 druthb Ah.  Definitely, then.
15:23 thd gmcharlt: Apparently. we both missed the meeting.
15:23 thd I had the time wrong.
15:24 druthb For some reason in my head, I thought that had been settled a long time ago.  I can't imagine why anyone would want to hold that process up.  Glad the ball got moved down the field, then.
15:24 thd gmcharlt: I have sent a patch for the code of conduct both via email and on github
15:25 gmcharlt thd: right - I'm going to put up the change, and request approval on the mailing list for the change now that the draft CoC has been accepted
15:25 gmcharlt it's understood that amendments will happen
15:25 thd OK
15:25 thd Argentina is not one of the countries where I would worry about abuse.
15:25 tcohen gmcharlt++
15:26 * druthb wanders off to her daily scrum
15:28 thd However, I spent a week in gaol for contempt of court in Newark, NJ after asking a court officer in the corridor why the judge was an hour and a half late every time when I had to appear for using the wrong transit ticket on what was a local light rail system.
15:29 thd s/judge/magistrate/
15:30 thd My alleged offence could only have imposed a fine.  Hence, I am very sensitive about potential abuses of procedure.
15:32 thd I have learnt my lesson that truth which is a perfect defence against defamation in the US does not apply to contempt of court.
15:35 thd gmcharlt I note a peculuar markdown presentation error on the last line where I have tried to escape an apostrophe.
15:35 gmcharlt no worries, I'll fix that up
15:36 thd I hope, I actually did what I had intended.
15:37 thd Minor differences to what I posted on the mailing list are shortening the ugly verbosity for "24 hours" to "24 hours" and correcting a spelling error.
15:40 * thd returns to fixing his neighbour's apartment.
15:44 Joubu bye #koha
15:56 tcohen gmcharlt: please let us know as soon as the CoC is ready. We'd like to publish it
15:56 tcohen bye Joubu
15:58 gmcharlt tcohen: I will - some time this afternoon
15:58 tcohen still have more tha na week :-D
15:58 cait :)
15:59 cait tcohen++
16:02 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Question about embedding [% IF %] in HTML tags" (9 lines) at
16:04 cait oleonard: i am nt sure actually - i'd have to run the po files :(
16:04 cait you'd want to check how it shows up for translators (if at all because it doesn't seem to have a string) and then if it gets translated properly
16:06 oleonard It's been that way in for ages so I would assume it's okay. It just seemed strange.
16:07 oleonard And yeah, no translatable string is involved, just template tags
16:07 nengard joined #koha
16:10 cait oleonard: i am carefully optimistic :)
16:11 Sam_ joined #koha
16:19 RowdyChild|Away joined #koha
16:44 nengard joined #koha
16:46 gmcharlt remote exploit in bash -[…]014/msg00220.html
16:56 indradg joined #koha
16:57 JesseM joined #koha
17:13 cait left #koha
17:28 nengard joined #koha
18:18 wnickc joined #koha
18:19 * tcohen is excited, wants kohacon to happen right now
18:19 tcohen *needs
18:19 tcohen heh
18:27 cait joined #koha
18:30 nengard joined #koha
18:37 wnickc oleonard:  is there any possibility some row highlightings are darker than others?
18:38 wnickc I think it was my monitor/eyes. even after adjusting my settings some are much more apparent to me than others
18:38 wnickc for bug 2889
18:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2889 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , templates should use  [% IF ( loop.odd ) %]
18:40 oleonard wnickc: Can you give me examples of both?
18:42 wnickc authority types seems much clearer to me than circ rules
18:42 wnickc but I think it just might be me, something about the page setup
18:43 wnickc they are all highlighted, I will sign off soon
18:44 oleonard Examining the styles on each page shows that they are the same color
18:45 wnickc sorry about that, monitor settings fixed it a bit, my problem though, not yours
18:47 oleonard Thanks for testing wnickc
18:47 * cait waves
18:51 wnickc hi cait
18:53 rocio joined #koha
18:53 rocio left #koha
18:57 test joined #koha
18:59 oleonard By #koha
19:00 cait hi wnickc :)
19:03 test hey guys i just did a source install of 3.16.3.    whenever i go the the web interface it returns a perl file instead of the expected page
19:03 test any ideas?
19:03 wahanui any ideas are welcome :)
19:07 nengard joined #koha
19:08 kmlussier joined #koha
19:09 test hi all just installed koha from source but the web installer serving a perl file instead of the expected webpage can anyone point me to a solution
19:12 wnickc I wish I could help, but that is beyond my knowledge
19:13 jcamins test: your web server is configured incorrectly, but I can't help you with figuring out how. This is why I always tell everyone to use the Debian packages.
19:14 test hmm ...
19:14 test point to note im using 14.04lts
19:15 test point to note im using 14.04ltsfd"
19:16 jcamins Yeah, were I you, I would've used the packages. It's straightforward to upgrade an Apache 2.2 configuration file to an Apache 2.4 configuration file.
19:16 jcamins And I'd follow the instructions.
19:16 jcamins packages?
19:16 wahanui packages is at
19:16 jcamins ^^ equally applicable to Ubuntu.
19:17 test i did that too on a different vm but somehow im not having any luck with getting my items shown in the opac or in the staff section
19:18 test tried endlessly to do the fast index and the other suggested options for the indexing deamon but that yield no results
19:19 jcamins You found instructions for setting up Koha somewhere else, didn't you?
19:20 test actually i used the info in on of the install files..
19:20 test i had ssetup koha many times before sucessfully from source
19:21 test far back as 3.8 i believe
19:21 jcamins Your best bet is following the package instructions with packages. Following source instructions (this is what's in the INSTALL files, I think) and installing from the packages will break search 100% of the time.
19:25 test i have two installs one strictly source and the other strickly package
19:26 test the package install loads the web interface quite well but somehow indexing failing
19:27 jcamins Right, with packages you reindex using `sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -f myinstance` not
19:27 test as in there exist over 300+ items added from z3950 but they dont show eithr in the staff or opac interfaces
19:27 jcamins If you ran manually once on a package install, that almost invariably results in breaking indexing.
19:27 jcamins However, I need to get back to work.
19:28 jcamins Good luck.
19:29 test now that you mention instancename, i think i tried that but it failed on instance name...i dont remember actually setting an instance name and somehow i believe that where the problem might be
19:29 test is there a way to get the current instance?
19:29 jcamins Yeah, you need to know your instance name. It's what you used for koha-create.
19:29 jcamins koha-list will list your instances.
19:29 jcamins *But* if you ran, your file ownership is going to be all screwed up, and it will be painful.
19:30 test i might have ran
19:30 test i did see a wiki item for fixing the various directories will try attend to them in a bit
19:31 test i believe i did fix them but subsequently could remessup
19:32 test koha-list returns empty/null
19:35 test can you direct me on how to setup/reinitialize a koha instance?
19:36 wnickc package commands?
19:36 wahanui They have man pages, and you can look here:[…]e_Debian_packages
19:36 wnickc there are commands to create/delete instances
19:50 indradg joined #koha
19:59 wnickc could I interest any QAer in looking at bug 9011?
19:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9011 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add the ability to store the last patron to return an item
20:05 smeagol joined #koha
20:10 cait wnickc: maybe i can next week
20:11 wnickc cait that would be incredible, I would owe you many
20:11 cait no guarantees yet
20:12 cait but i'll try
20:12 wnickc grateful for the consideration either way
20:12 cait i'd love to see the list empty before 3.18 release, hope we can get close to that
20:13 wnickc and now I will ask khall to rebase it too
20:13 wnickc if he is able
20:14 cait i think there is a staff retreat going on now at bywater
20:15 wnickc ah, yes, that rings familiar
20:16 wnickc I can let you know if/when it is rebased
20:17 cait wnickc: i will see it on the list, but feel free to remind me sometime next week :)
20:19 wnickc thanks cait, this is one we have been anxiously awaiting so I may be a bit eager :)
20:20 cait i understand
20:20 cait i am sorry things are wiating so long :( time is always the problem
20:20 cait but i hope we can have a good hackfest in argentina - getting things moving a bit again
20:21 wnickc I totally understand, trying to chip away at the signoff queue too, but it is outpacing efforts
20:21 cait very happy to have you around :) wnickc++
20:21 wnickc could use a few extra days in the week :)
20:22 cait yeah... and more hours in a day too :)
20:25 gmcharlt a few more weeks in the year...
20:25 wnickc maybe smarch isn't a bad idea
20:26 JesseM @marc 830
20:26 huginn JesseM: A series added entry consisting of a series title alone. (Repeatable) [a,d,f,g,h,k,l,m,n,o,p,r,s,t,v,6,8]
20:26 JesseM @marc 490
20:26 huginn JesseM: A series statement for which no series added entry is traced or for which the added entry is traced in one of the 800-830 fields in a form different from the form contained in field 490. (Repeatable) [a,l,v,x,6,8]
20:26 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
20:26 cait :)
20:26 JesseM :)
20:49 kmlussier left #koha
21:09 wizzyrea morning
21:09 cait morning wizzyrea
21:10 magnuse kia ora wizzyrea
21:13 magnuse anyone tried installing plugins on 3.16.x? specifically[…]eleases/tag/1.2.2
21:13 cait not done much with plugins yet
21:14 cait although i'd really want to for some things
21:16 magnuse i get a couple of errors in the logs:
21:16 magnuse Use of uninitialized value $op in string eq at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-​bin/plugins/ line 57., referer:[…]s/
21:16 magnuse Use of uninitialized value $op in string eq at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-​bin/plugins/ line 91., referer:[…]s/
21:16 magnuse ping khall?
21:16 cait magnuse: at the staff retreat i think
21:17 magnuse and the plugin does not show as installed, even if there are files added to the plugins dir
21:17 magnuse cait: gah, lazy bywaterians ;-)
21:18 magnuse oh well, i'll try and report a bug as soon as i can, need some sleep now
21:18 magnuse have fun #koha!
21:18 cait night magnuse :)
21:25 cait left #koha
21:35 wizzyrea I think we have a library running plugins in 3.16
22:14 nengard left #koha
22:18 tcohen joined #koha
22:18 tcohen hi
22:18 wahanui hello, tcohen
22:18 tcohen hola wahanui
22:18 wahanui bidet, tcohen
22:26 indradg @seen magnuse
22:26 huginn indradg: magnuse was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 8 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <magnuse> have fun #koha!
22:27 indradg @later tell magnuse I have to some work on 1.2.2 i made some mess there... i think
22:27 huginn indradg: The operation succeeded.
22:40 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
22:40 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 19.1°C (7:35 PM ART on September 24, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
23:04 papa joined #koha
23:14 dcook @wunder syd
23:14 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 21.0°C (9:00 AM AEST on September 25, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
23:14 dcook @wunder athens, greece
23:14 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Kalamaki - AirMar, Alimos, Greece is 22.7°C (2:10 AM EEST on September 25, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Falling).
23:15 dcook hey tcohen :)
23:15 tcohen hey dcook
23:15 tcohen have a nice holiday!
23:15 dcook Thanks :)
23:15 wizzyrea yeah, have fun, don't forget us. ^.^
23:15 dcook hehe
23:16 dcook I'm sure I'll think of you all, but hopefully not too much ;)
23:16 tcohen hopefuly!
23:17 dcook I think I'll be so busy running around :p
23:17 dcook 28 days and we're not staying anywhere longer than 2-3 days at a time
23:17 dcook And there are at least two walks over 10km
23:18 dcook The one is pretty cool. Italian cliffside with absolutely no safety rail to the side. Just death below.
23:18 dcook So if I fall over the edge, know that you've all meant so much to me ^_^
23:18 mtj sounds like an amazing holiday dcook
23:18 dcook Should be :)
23:18 tcohen dcook: take care! and enjoy it a lot!
23:18 dcook Late late honeymoon
23:19 dcook Thanks :)
23:19 mtj hey chris_n, about?
23:20 mtj @later chris_n can you give me a ping :)
23:20 huginn mtj: downloading the Perl source
23:20 mtj @later tell chris_n can you give me a ping :)
23:20 huginn mtj: The operation succeeded.
23:30 eythian @wunder nzwn
23:30 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 16.0°C (11:00 AM NZST on September 25, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
23:56 tcohen joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary