IRC log for #koha, 2014-01-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 rambutan I be hungry.
00:00 dcook pianohacker: I haven't been to Maccas in years, but if you can think of it, they can Mc it
00:00 * oleonard quits computering
00:00 * dcook thinks oleonard is wise, lol
00:02 rambutan I need to take off and go foraging too...
00:06 rambutan left #koha
00:07 pianohacker okay, I seem to derp license headers constantly, so what's a good example within the Koha project
00:08 dcook Mmm, good question. I always do bad on that one too.
00:08 dcook But...
00:08 pianohacker eythian, rangi or gmcharlt?
00:08 gmcharlt it's on the coding guidelines page on the wiki
00:08 pastebot "dcook" at pasted "new license?" (11 lines) at
00:09 pianohacker jeez, such a nonobvious place, how could I have found it /s
00:09 dcook Huh..
00:09 dcook gmcharlt++
00:09 mtompset[…]uidelines#Licence
00:10 dcook licence?
00:10 dcook licence is[…]uidelines#Licence
00:10 mtompset pianohacker: Only non-obvious, because no one reads the coding guidelines. ;)
00:10 dcook licence?
00:10 wahanui well, licence is[…]uidelines#Licence
00:10 * dcook read them once last year
00:10 dcook Actually quite a good read
00:10 mtompset Useful and informative read, yes.
00:11 pianohacker gmcharlt: hrm. The last line isn't wrapped. Call me crazy, but is that right?
00:12 hankbank joined #koha
00:12 gmcharlt what last line is not wrapped?
00:12 mtompset pianohacker: I reformated the license on the wiki to 65 wide.
00:13 pianohacker Of the license statement given in the guidelines
00:13 pianohacker ah, okay. Just wasn't sure if that was important
00:13 pianohacker Oh derp, that was my own fault
00:13 pianohacker jesus, I'm out of it today
00:13 pianohacker sorry gmcharlt
00:13 gmcharlt np
00:20 rocio1 left #koha
00:32 matts_away joined #koha
01:06 edveal joined #koha
01:07 edveal Just checking to see if Dani was in. I will try back later.
01:18 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11260: (follow-up) repair German sample_z3950_servers.sql <[…]3bcd51a85ae469aad> / Bug 11260: (follow-up) remove inadvertant change to English sample_z3950_servers.sql <[…]7b253a0ab9c9c8d2e> / Bug 11260: Follow up - normalizing frequencies in English samp
01:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #298 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #1589 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:45 dcook seems that DataTables break in IE 11...
01:46 gmcharlt *sigh*
01:46 * dcook is trying to confirm it beyond one example
01:49 wizzyrea duly noted that the serial search won't work if you are using the admin user.
01:49 dcook The saved sql reports won't print out on IE 11 :/
01:50 dcook The datatable header appears though. I'm starting to think it might not be related to DataTables..
01:50 eythian we could just declare IE11 deprecated.
01:50 dcook Getting some HTML warnings, so maybe IE 11 does weird things..
01:50 * dcook likes eythian's idea
01:50 dcook I've actually created a new category "Bugs - Internet Explorer" on our internal issue tracker
01:50 dcook It just seems simpler
01:50 eythian heh
01:51 eythian we tell our clients to use firefox
01:51 dcook I've started to a bit more
01:55 dcook gmcharlt: Somewhat false alarm
01:56 dcook Master looks fine in IE 11
01:56 dcook It's my 3.8 that it doesn't like
01:56 gmcharlt hmm
01:57 dcook Actually, the staff client looks quite nice in IE 11
01:57 dcook (master) staff client
01:58 dcook Although it gets html warnings on other pages. Maybe it "does" support HTML5...
01:58 dcook Inconceivable...
01:58 wahanui
01:58 dcook :D
02:14 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #298: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/298/
02:14 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Update German web installer for 3.14
02:14 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Update German web installer - frequencies and numberpatterns
02:14 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Follow up - normalizing frequencies in English sample file a bit
02:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11260 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Update German web installer
02:14 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11260: (follow-up) remove inadvertant change to English sample_z3950_servers.sql
02:14 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11260: (follow-up) repair German sample_z3950_servers.sql
02:49 Dyrcona joined #koha
02:54 dcook joined #koha
03:11 Dyrcona joined #koha
03:24 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1589: SUCCESS in 2 hr 1 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1589/
03:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Update German web installer for 3.14
03:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Update German web installer - frequencies and numberpatterns
03:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 11260: Follow up - normalizing frequencies in English sample file a bit
03:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11260: (follow-up) remove inadvertant change to English sample_z3950_servers.sql
03:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11260 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Update German web installer
03:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11260: (follow-up) repair German sample_z3950_servers.sql
03:54 mtompset_ joined #koha
03:55 mtompset Blip! i think that's my signal to leave.
03:55 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
04:29 dcook Bleargh..
04:36 Oak joined #koha
04:37 dcook Trying to filter multiple values in the DataTables is not fun..
04:37 dcook "NM" will bring up results for "NMH" :/
04:37 Oak yup
04:37 * Oak waves
04:38 dcook hey Oak
04:38 Oak hello dcook
04:38 dcook Oh, I think I might have an idea..
04:38 Oak are you filtering in database or in Excel?
04:38 Oak let's hear it
04:39 dcook This is for the holds to pull report
04:39 dcook Well, we separate the values using <br>
04:39 dcook So we can test for angle brackets on either side of the value
04:39 dcook That works great except for starting and ending values
04:39 dcook But if I can test for an angle bracket OR the start/end of the string...
04:39 Oak hmm, sounds worth trying
04:40 dcook Yeah, I'm not 100% but maybe..
04:40 Oak while trying you will get a better idea. :)
04:40 dcook hehe, let's hope so
04:41 dcook Oh snap. I think it works.
04:41 * dcook tries a few more times...
04:41 dcook make me feel like a wizard and an idiot...
04:42 dcook So there should be 4 scenarios?
04:43 dcook ^NM$, ^NM<, >NM<, >NM$
04:43 dcook None of which pick up NMH
04:43 dcook But pick up NM
04:45 Oak :)
04:45 Oak dcook++
04:46 dcook Thanks :)
04:46 dcook I should test that one on master as well..
05:10 dcook Yay, updated my Github..
05:10 dcook Well, linked my work address with my personal account..
05:23 cait joined #koha
05:23 * dcook waves to cait
05:23 cait :)
06:14 dcook All right. Time to run to the gym!
06:14 dcook Well, walk...then run!
06:51 * magnuse waves
06:54 * magnuse created his first mock object yesterday and is sooo proud
06:56 cait yay :)
06:59 magnuse meeting in 3 hours?
07:01 cait joined #koha
07:02 magnuse wb cait
07:13 rangi @quote search proprietary
07:13 huginn rangi: 3 found: #115: "chris: friends don't let friends use...", #171: "rangi: I find proprietary software unethical....", and #91: "<chris> Free as in kittens is a silly phrase..."
07:14 rangi @quote get 171
07:14 huginn rangi: Quote #171: "rangi: I find proprietary software unethical. So even if it made me coffee and polished my shoes everyday, it would still suck" (added by wizzyrea at 08:10 PM, December 08, 2011)
07:16 laurence joined #koha
07:16 magnuse kia ora rangi
07:18 cait hi rangi
07:21 rangi hey magnuse and cait
07:36 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:48 paxed what do the account types 'F', 'FU', 'O', etc mean?
07:56 magnuse bonjour reiveune, paxed
07:56 reiveune salut magnuse
07:57 magnuse so rangi: how are all your cool projects coming along?
08:00 sophie_m joined #koha
08:05 alex_a joined #koha
08:05 alex_a bonjour
08:08 cait joined #koha
08:08 cait hi #koha
08:09 sophie_m hi #koha
08:18 magnuse joined #koha
08:19 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:19 gaetan_B hello
08:20 rangi magnuse: coming along slowly
08:24 * cait waves again
08:25 cait gmcharlt++
08:25 cait #follow ups for the web installer
08:26 magnuse rangi: ah, at least they are coming along :-)
08:28 cait paxed: check the online help/manual - i remember translating explanations to those
08:49 paxed cait: ok, looked but didn't find that, i'll take another look. my main beef with those i reported in bug 11494
08:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Pay patron fines shows cryptic, untranslatable, account types
08:51 cait well those are codes.
08:52 cait you could change the display to show a description, but it will take up more space
08:53 paxed or could use a tooltip.
08:53 paxed but just cryptic "FU" is not user friendly.
08:57 cait a tooltip would not be hard to do i think
08:58 paxed span title would be the easiest and cheapest.
09:08 paxed oh ffs.
09:10 davidnind joined #koha
09:18 cait hm irc meeting in 45 mins
09:18 cait but i have a meeting in 15... so probably going to miss it
09:19 markvandenborre left #koha
09:19 paul_p joined #koha
09:19 magnuse cait:  make your other meeting a short one :-)
09:19 magnuse kia ora paul_p
09:19 cait i can try, but i think not so likely
09:20 magnuse :-)
09:20 paul_p good morning magnuse & cait & others
09:20 cait hi paul_p
09:20 paul_p (or good evening of good afternoon of good night ;-) )
09:22 magnuse hm, isn't there an authorized value category for yes/no? i was sure i had seen that...
09:22 cait BOOL
09:22 cait but it was missing from the german web installer
09:22 cait i think it's likely to miss from the norwegian one too
09:23 magnuse it's missing from my  (fresh) installation
09:23 magnuse cait:  do you know when it was added?
09:25 cait like 3.10 or so
09:25 cait it#s been there for a while
09:25 magnuse hm, can't see it in gitweb? but there is[…]y/auth_values.sql which has a YES_NO category
09:27 magnuse german also has the YES_NO one as mandatory
09:27 magnuse but not norwegian...
09:28 cait oups
09:28 cait sorry, thought it was bool
09:28 magnuse someone called Katrin added YES_NO "for 3.14" here:[…]08a995ac1bf7f6228 ;-)
09:29 cait so did she?
09:29 cait have to run :) bbl
09:29 magnuse looks like i have some catching up to do i that area...
09:29 magnuse she sure did
09:33 Herwig joined #koha
09:37 Herwig is there somewhere here who can help with the oai yaml configuration file made some progress since yesterday but still not there yet complete adapting the vs output works but no change in marcxml output at the moment
09:42 magnuse Herwig:  you managed to remove 001 and 003, but not put in new ones?
09:45 magnuse meeting in 15 minutes!
09:46 Herwig i just mailed the code
09:46 Herwig i think my yaml file must be not correct yet
09:47 Herwig my output in vs format is ok now
09:47 Herwig so the xslt works
09:47 magnuse do we have a chairperson?
09:47 Herwig a what :) ?
09:48 magnuse the marcxml format does not have a "xsl_file" value?
09:48 magnuse (a chairperson for the meeting that starts in 12 minutes :-)
09:48 kivilahtio joined #koha
09:49 Herwig careful i'm new at this did not understand the question
09:51 magnuse Herwig:  in your yaml file, for the vs format yu have "xsl_file: /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intran​et-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/fields001003.xsl"
09:51 Herwig yes
09:51 magnuse which tells koha to use fields001003.xsl
09:51 Herwig if i put it under r marcxml i get an error
09:51 magnuse but for the marcxml format, no "xsl_file" is specified
09:52 magnuse what is the error?
09:52 Herwig sec
09:54 Herwig no correction not an error just no field 001 and 003
09:54 Herwig i copy'ed the xsl_file: /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intran​et-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/fields001003.xsl
09:54 Herwig must i put some more ?
09:55 Herwig i dont have a scheme line
09:56 magnuse so 001 and 003 are removed, but new ones are not put in?
09:57 Herwig 001 and 003 are empty in our koha
09:57 Herwig i did          marcxml:            metadataPrefix: marcxml            metadataNamespace:            xsl_file: /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intran​et-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/fields001003.xsl
09:58 Herwig if you have a meeting i can come back later
10:01 magnuse yup, there is supposed to be a meeting now, i think?
10:02 davidnind Yep! Do we have enough people here and a person to chair?
10:02 magnuse what is enough people? :-)
10:03 * thd hopes his electricity was rewired just in time for the meeting.
10:03 * magnuse volunteers davidnind as chair ;-)
10:03 davidnind More than 1?
10:04 davidnind I think I inflicted myself enough on the community at the last meeting......
10:07 davidnind But if there is no one else more experienced I will try my best, again
10:07 thd davod,omd: If you have had more than 2 hours sleep in the past two days then you may be best qualified.
10:07 magnuse davidnind++
10:07 thd davidmind++
10:08 davidnind ..and your still on IRC thd? Such dedication for the Koha community
10:08 davidnind #startmeeting
10:08 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
10:08 huginn davidnind: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
10:08 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
10:09 davidnind #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 January 2014
10:09 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan  8 10:09:09 2014 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
10:09 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:09 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:09 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_january_2014'
10:09 davidnind Agenda is at[…]ng_8_January_2014
10:09 thd davidmind: I did not know what else to use to check that my newly rewired electric lines are working.
10:10 davidnind #topic Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
10:10 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:10 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
10:11 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City, (re-electrified)
10:11 davidnind thd: bad weather?
10:11 thd davidmind: bad landlord, which is worse
10:12 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, currently working for Oslo Public Library, Norway
10:14 magnuse ping rangi, paul_p - they were here not too long ago...
10:14 davidnind Hmm, doesn't look like we have too many people actually around at the moment.. a quick meeting is always a good one though!
10:14 magnuse lol
10:15 davidnind Hopefully more will join as we go through the agenda.
10:15 davidnind #topic Announcements
10:15 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:15 davidnind Does anyone have any announcements?
10:16 paul_p #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre, France
10:17 davidnind There was an item on Twitter yesterday about a patch test day planned for France on Friday, but I don't know much more than that
10:18 davidnind Before I go into the updates on releases are any of the release maintainers here to comment?
10:18 paul_p yes, davidnind = the university of Lyon 3 organise a day of testing patches on friday
10:18 paul_p all Koha users all around are invited (and some should join)
10:19 paul_p joubu will be available to setup a sandbox or help on any problem they have (explanation needed, applying patch manually, ...)
10:20 davidnind Thanks Paul
10:20 davidnind #info The University of Lyon 3 is organising a day of testing patches for this Friday
10:21 davidnind #info All Koha users are invited to partipate
10:22 magnuse yay!
10:23 davidnind I think I will handle the updates for 3.8 to 3.12 as one item, unless anyone objects
10:23 davidnind #topic Updates on 3.8, 3.10 and 3.12
10:23 Topic for #koha is now Updates on 3.8, 3.10 and 3.12 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:25 davidnind Maintenance release for 3.8 was made on 3 January
10:27 davidnind Maintenance release 3.12.8 was made on 25 December (going by my email) - very dedicated!
10:27 magnuse yay!
10:28 davidnind Doesn't look like there was a 3.10 maintenance release
10:28 fridolin joined #koha
10:28 paul_p magnuse has won the "yay man" card ;-)
10:28 fridolin hie all
10:28 davidnind Thanks to release maintainers for there dedication over the Christmas period
10:28 magnuse paul_p:  yay!
10:29 magnuse bonjour fridolin
10:29 davidnind #topic Update on 3.14
10:29 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.14 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:29 davidnind Anyone here able to talk to this?
10:29 fridolin bonjour magnus :)
10:29 fridolin happy new year to all
10:29 paul_p davidnind = yep, fridolin ;-)
10:30 davidnind He just arrived in time to give us an update! :)
10:30 fridolin For those how do not know, I'm RM for 3.14.x
10:30 * paul_p just reminded fridolin that the meeting has started davidnind. Not coming by chance :D
10:31 fridolin It's a new job for me but I like it
10:31 davidnind Thanks paul_p - the more the merrier!
10:31 fridolin I faced some problems and need more experience
10:32 fridolin I released 3.14.01 the 23 december
10:33 fridolin 3.14.2 is on the way
10:33 magnuse fridolin:  would yu say 3.14.1 is stable enough for production use?
10:34 davidnind I'm sure the devel list or IRC are more than willing to help with any issues, I'm sure those who have done it in the past were new to it at some stage..
10:34 paul_p magnuse I was surprised by the small number of patches in 3.14.1 So either it's stable, or no one is using/testing/patching it !
10:34 fridolin magnuse : At this point, 3.14.1 is very close to master, only a few pathes are not in it
10:34 ashimema random question.. is there anywhere in koha that uses editable datatables?
10:35 magnuse ashimema:  you might want to wait until after the meeting :-)
10:35 fridolin magnuse: oh now my falt, I started patches integration in 3.14 late in december
10:35 paul_p ashimema = monthly meeting atm, could you wait until it's over to ask your question ?
10:35 ashimema oops.. sorry, forgot the meeting
10:35 fridolin magnuse : there will be more patches in 3.14.2, see :[…]refs/heads/3.14.x
10:36 magnuse fridolin:  cool
10:36 paul_p ashimema = no problem, don't worry
10:36 magnuse ashimema:  you are very welcome to join the meeting of course :-)
10:37 fridolin magnuse : to say it is stable, I could not say. I
10:37 fridolin Are there libs using it in production ?
10:37 magnuse not that i know
10:37 fridolin At biblibre, we have 1 project with 3.14.00
10:38 davidnind I think existing libraries would probably wait a little - testing and all that...
10:39 davidnind fridolin ++
10:39 davidnind #info Congratulations to Fridolin for his first maintenance release for 3.14
10:39 magnuse fridolin++
10:39 fridolin thanks a lot davidnind magnuse
10:40 fridolin I'm very proud to have reache this level in Koha community
10:41 ashimema We have a few libraries currently being implemented on 3.14
10:41 ashimema will be going live with it within the next three months or so
10:41 davidnind Thanks for the update fridolin
10:42 fridolin davidnind: the update ?
10:42 * ashimema has caught up with the meeting now..
10:42 davidnind fridolin - for the meeting agenda item
10:42 davidnind #topic Update on 3.16
10:42 Topic for #koha is now Update on 3.16 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:43 magnuse no gmcharlt to speak to that, i guess
10:43 davidnind Anyone able to update on this - don't think Galen is here
10:43 davidnind Ok, onto the next item then..
10:44 thd The time is especially early in Seattle.
10:44 davidnind The joys of a worldwide community!
10:44 davidnind #topic Kohacon14
10:44 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon14 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:45 davidnind Not sure that there is anyone to speak to this either
10:45 magnuse probably not
10:45 schnydszch joined #koha
10:45 davidnind Dates have been announced, so people intending to go will know when it is on
10:45 thd Not quite as early in Argentina but still quite early.
10:46 schnydszch hello koha community! Is there a way that in the advance search only the icon could be shown?
10:46 davidnind Hi schnydsch, we're having our monthly IRC meeting, hopefully this will be finished shortly...
10:47 davidnind #topic Actions from last general IRC meeting
10:47 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last general IRC meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:47 schnydszch Okay, sorry for the bother.
10:48 schnydszch left #koha
10:48 davidnind No problems schnydszch
10:48 davidnind There were none as far as I can see from the minutes, so ...
10:48 davidnind #topic General business
10:48 Topic for #koha is now General business (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:49 davidnind Does anyone have any general business items?
10:50 davidnind General IRC meetings - should a reminder go to the mailing list to encourage more attendance?
10:50 fridolin for me yes
10:51 davidnind #action davidnind (or other volunteer) to send reminder to general mailing list a day or so before
10:52 magnuse +1
10:52 davidnind #action davidnind (or other volunteer) to post a reminder on Twitter an hour or so before meeting
10:52 davidnind May also just be the time of year - December, holidays for some...
10:53 thd Seasonal change in time a couple of months ago leaves all hours earlier.
10:54 thd s/earlier/earlier relative to UTC/
10:54 davidnind Another item - Koha trademark for New Zealand not registered
10:55 thd Hooray for some sense in relation to trademarks.
10:55 davidnind Chris's post covers most f the media, was a lot of god coverage in NZ media
10:55 davidnind[…]a-not-registered/
10:57 * cait waves
10:57 thd If only stopping software patents would be as easy.
10:58 davidnind #info Big thank you to those involved for there work in responding to this - Horowhenua Library Trust and CatalystIT in particular, and all the others (apologies for not knowing exactly who)
10:59 davidnind #topic Next meeting
10:59 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 January 2014)
10:59 thd Applauds for all who persevered for a favourable resolution of the NZ trademark issue.
11:00 thd s/Applauds/Applause/
11:00 davidnind Looks like the next time in the sequence is 02:00 UTC, and the 5th of February as the date (unless anyone else has another suggestion)
11:01 davidnind Hi cait, waves back
11:01 thd The time must be good for someone somewhere.
11:02 davidnind #info Next General IRC meeting is 5 February 2014 02:00 UTC
11:02 davidnind Anything else from anyone, will close the meeting otherwise....
11:03 thd +1
11:03 cait davidnind++
11:03 davidnind #endmeeting
11:03 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.14.0 is released! Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 8 January 2014 10:00 UTC
11:03 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan  8 11:03:53 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
11:03 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-08-10.09.html
11:03 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-01-08-10.09.txt
11:03 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]08-10.09.log.html
11:04 davidnind Thanks everyone for your patience, still new at running meetings (even after a couple of goes) and IRC...
11:05 * thd is now thoroughly too tired to sleep.  However, he must try.
11:05 * magnuse wishes thd the best of luck :-)
11:05 magnuse davidnind++
11:05 thd good night Koha
11:07 cait davidnind: isn't it awfully late for you too?
11:07 cait and you did it nicely from what i see reading back :)
11:08 davidnind Just past midnight, about normal for me
11:08 cait :)
11:08 fridolin huginn: you could say in topic that 3.14.1 is released
11:08 huginn fridolin: I suck
11:08 cait hi fridolin :)
11:08 davidnind Thanks cait :-[
11:08 fridolin hie cait
11:12 magnuse hope he got it right:[…]g_5_February_2014
11:16 davidnind Thanks magnuse - just fixing the link
11:28 magnuse thanks davidnind
11:48 fridolin going to eat
11:48 fridolin left #koha
11:52 davidnind left #koha
11:56 fridolin joined #koha
11:57 tcohen joined #koha
12:00 tcohen morning #koha
12:00 WaylonR joined #koha
12:01 WaylonR hello all! okay, it seems its easy (with koha 3.0.0pre2) to create a deadlock in zebraqueue table, eventually exausting all locks and bringing the server to a halt. How do i avoid it?
12:07 paxed 3.0.0? my first thought would be to upgrade ASAP.
12:08 WaylonR ha. heavily modded.. im in the middle of porting to 3.x, but its a long road.
12:20 laurence left #koha
12:21 Herwig magnuse are you here ?
12:21 Herwig i had some progress
12:22 Herwig i can now also remap marcxml if i use a new extention marcxml instead of marcxml does work
12:22 Herwig[…]taPrefix=marcxml2
12:22 Herwig[…]ataPrefix=marcxml
12:23 Herwig the question now is is it possible to change the marcxml version
12:23 Herwig and for example is remapping in koha a wise path ?
12:26 Herwig annyone  ;) ?
12:36 jwagner joined #koha
12:37 tcohen Herwig: that remapping can be done through XSLT
12:37 tcohen tell me, how can u halt Koha through the zebraqueue table?
12:40 tcohen jcamins: around?
12:40 Herwig ye i used xslt
12:40 tcohen so, what r u asking with the remapping thing?
12:40 Herwig it only works if i pick a new name for marcxml apparently
12:41 tcohen Herwig: i'd like to know if there's a chance to reproduce the problem you mention with zebraqueue in recent versions
12:41 Herwig ehm now you talking chines"e for me :)
12:42 tcohen I'm mixing people sorry :-D
12:42 Herwig zebraqueue is ?
12:42 WaylonR tcohen, your talking to me?
12:42 tcohen WaylonR: yes
12:42 Herwig[…]taPrefix=marcxml2
12:42 Herwig this is the result i want
12:43 WaylonR right. large large db.. lots of zebraqueue entries, 8 million zebraqueue entries.. blimey.
12:43 Herwig only it should be in the marcxml one
12:43 WaylonR lots of data entry personell.
12:43 tcohen WaylonR: you need to clean the zebraqueue table from time to time
12:43 tcohen default Debian-packages installs set a cronjob for that
12:44 WaylonR hmm.. was never mentioned for koha3.0.0.... guess its a newer idea.
12:44 tcohen /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/
12:45 tcohen if you need to stick with the ancient KOha you could grab that file from (for example) 3.12.x
12:47 francharb joined #koha
12:49 fredericd Herwig: No. By design, the 'marcxml' metadataPrefix just send back the raw biblio record from biblioitems.marcxml field.
12:50 collum joined #koha
12:50 francharb Morning
12:56 meliss joined #koha
12:57 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "gmcharlt: got this so far, had to fix" (211 lines) at
13:08 NateC joined #koha
13:14 Herwig thx <fredericd>
13:16 oleonard joined #koha
13:18 oleonard Hi #koha
13:22 chris_n joined #koha
13:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:37 nengard joined #koha
13:38 kivilahtio hi oleonard!
13:42 oleonard Oh crap did I miss an IRC meeting?
13:43 magnuse oleonard: yup
13:43 magnuse you and the rest of the world ;-)
13:43 kivilahtio I missed too
13:44 kivilahtio was in another meeting where we were arranging our production server environment
13:44 oleonard We gotta get better about doing email reminders before meetings... Not sure how to make that happen...
13:44 kivilahtio oleonard: Add this to your calendar[…]g_5_February_2014
13:44 jcamins oleonard: that was an action item.
13:44 jcamins :)
13:45 magnuse davidnind voluteered to try to send out reminders
13:45 Joubu joined #koha
13:45 jcamins I have an odd question. Does anyone know what one does with baseball cards?
13:45 magnuse druthb!
13:45 Joubu hi
13:45 magnuse jcamins: collect them?
13:45 jcamins magnuse: yeah, but is that it? What's the point?
13:45 magnuse lol, does there have to be a point?
13:46 druthb magnuse!
13:46 wahanui magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
13:47 oleonard jcamins: The same with any collection: You collect them, glory in their increasing value, never sell them, bequeath them to an uncaring recipient
13:47 jcamins magnuse: no, but I'm trying to confirm that there isn't one, and not coming up with any definitive evidence.
13:47 magnuse well, there's your evidence, then
13:48 druthb If you generalize a *lot* of the collectible market, I think you'll come up with the same null program.
13:48 magnuse or there is some hope that it will one day become valuable
13:49 magnuse gah! UpdateBorrowerAttribute, what is your secret?
13:49 druthb unless the collectible has some inherent value in its materials, (like, say, silver coins) that never seems to happen.  Big peak, eternal decline.
13:50 jcamins druthb: well, you can read books. And beanie babies are presumably good if you like stuffed animals, I guess. And you can always act out Downton Abbey with Mr. Giraffe.
13:50 * druthb blinks
13:50 cait jcamins: sell.
13:51 jcamins Okay, so we're pretty sure baseball cards aren't useful for anything.
13:51 cait memories?
13:51 druthb jcamins: yes, on the micro level, one may get a certain pleasure out of the collection—learning minute trivia about players, etc…like with other collections.  But on the macro level of the market—not a lot of value there.
13:52 jcamins Oh, sure, but I'm trying to understand on a micro level whether one does things with baseball cards. I presume it's a race to the bottom in financial terms.
13:55 magnuse ebay has 3,079,648 results for baseball cards
13:57 magnuse the most expensive items are... not cheap
13:57 * oleonard is still waiting for the Star Wars movie trading card market to explode
13:58 tcohen joined #koha
13:59 jcamins oleonard: but the Star Wars cards were actually a game. Sort of like MTG.
13:59 * oleonard scoffs at those newfangled game cards
13:59 druthb before that, jcamins, there were collectible cards that weren't a game.  I had some of those, back-when.
14:00 jcamins druthb: oh. That sounds very boring.
14:00 oleonard http://starwars77-80.blogspot.[…]rds-series-1.html
14:00 jcamins Huh.
14:01 druthb yep, that's the ones.
14:01 druthb oleonard++  #thanks for the good memories invoked by seeing that.
14:02 sheila joined #koha
14:04 oleonard My 2014 karma is pretty much exclusively nostalgia-related.
14:06 druthb :)
14:06 magnuse @karma
14:06 huginn magnuse: Highest karma: "oleonard" (4), "gmcharlt" (4), and "davidnind" (3).  Lowest karma: "<arg>[<option>-v</option>|<option>" (-1), "[[-v|" (-1), and "[-c|" (-1).
14:07 magnuse poor old <arg>
14:07 oleonard That's not right. I haven't done a damn thing in 2014.
14:08 francharb oleonard++ for being humble
14:08 francharb ;)
14:08 oleonard :P
14:12 druthb @most increased
14:12 huginn druthb: "oleonard": 5, "gmcharlt": 4, "davidnind": 3, "druthb": 3, "ashimema": 3, "rangi": 3, "eythian": 2, "fridolin": 1, "davidmind": 1, "dcook": 1, "wizzyrea": 1, "Joubu": 1, "biblibre": 1, "sandboxes": 1, "tcohen": 1, "jatara": 1, "cait": 1, "marcelr": 1, "<arg>[<option>-v</option>|<option>": 0, "[[-v|": 0, "[-c|": 0, "[-r|": 0, "[-u|": 0, "[-i|": 0, and "Day": 0
14:13 druthb waitaminit.  How'd I get so high on the list?  *tsk*
14:21 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "can anyon spot what i am doing wrong here?" (58 lines) at
14:23 fridolin see you
14:23 fridolin left #koha
14:23 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "gmcharlt jcamins : what do u think of this test results?" (210 lines) at
14:24 jcamins tcohen: GRS-1 may match a different number of records when searching for "salud."
14:25 tcohen jcamins: and the "Alternate holdings filled in correctly" test?
14:25 jcamins tcohen: that sounds like a mistake.
14:36 talljoy joined #koha
15:03 rocio joined #koha
15:03 cait @karma kf
15:03 huginn cait: kf has neutral karma.
15:03 cait ah
15:03 cait @karma cait
15:03 huginn cait: Karma for "cait" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
15:04 cait guess gmcharlt reset us
15:04 druthb cait++  #too low.  Needs more.
15:05 gmcharlt yep, I did the reset
15:05 maximep joined #koha
15:13 oleonard cait++ # for QA things and stuff
15:13 cait oleonard++ # prettying things and stuff ;)
15:13 oleonard No, no, that was all 2013.
15:14 cait well you better start now then ;)
15:14 arunkumars3189 joined #koha
15:15 arunkumars3189 hello
15:15 wahanui hola, arunkumars3189
15:15 arunkumars3189 hello
15:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #299 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11483: (follow-up) fix typos <[…]2c779f0c924b4b29c> / Bug 11483: Add missing serial help files <[…]15d9303fca2fc07b0>
15:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #1590 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:25 rocio joined #koha
16:04 Joubu joined #koha
16:09 rocio joined #koha
16:14 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #299: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/299/
16:14 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 11483: Add missing serial help files
16:14 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11483: (follow-up) fix typos
16:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11483 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , new serial pages missing help
16:21 Joubu1 joined #koha
16:24 francharb joined #koha
16:57 tcohen do we like subtests in the test suite?
16:58 jcamins tcohen: we like all tests in the test suite.
16:58 rambutan joined #koha
16:58 tcohen suppose we have some tests that are re-run on different configurations
16:59 tcohen should i prepend stuff like "($indexing_mode) " to each test, or should I just wrap each run in a subtest?
16:59 tcohen like in: subtest "MARC21 + DOM" => sub { run_marc21_tests("dom") } (or something pretty similar
17:00 gmcharlt tcohen: I'd write a function that groups a bunch of tests together that can be called repeatedly
17:00 gmcharlt e.g.,
17:00 gmcharlt run_tests('marc21', 'dom');
17:00 gmcharlt run_tests('marc21', 'grs1')
17:00 gmcharlt etc.
17:00 gmcharlt kinda like what t/db_dependent/Search.t does now
17:00 tcohen yes, it exists actually
17:01 tcohen i just want the output to be more useful
17:01 tcohen :-d
17:01 gmcharlt subtests have their place, too, but there doesn't seem to be a way to say "please run this subtest again and again"
17:02 cait left #koha
17:03 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "gmcharlt: i mean this:" (25 lines) at
17:03 gmcharlt tcohen: ah, let me try that
17:05 tcohen gmcharlt: if you run it with -v it will run fine (without it it seems that need to adjust the test plan to 4)
17:06 * gmcharlt is a fan of always explicitly declaring test cunts
17:06 pastebot "gmcharlt" at pasted "tcohen: so, putting the two together..." (43 lines) at
17:07 tcohen yeap, that's what i have
17:08 gmcharlt and it looks like Jenkins knows how to parse subtest output correctly
17:08 gmcharlt so upshot, doing that seems moderately useful, and I have no objection to it
17:08 tcohen a plan for the subtest can be made explicit
17:08 gmcharlt yes, like I did in my paste
17:08 tcohen great
17:11 maximep left #koha
17:18 jatara joined #koha
17:19 francharb joined #koha
17:26 cait joined #koha
17:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1590: SUCCESS in 2 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1590/
17:29 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 11483: Add missing serial help files
17:29 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 11483: (follow-up) fix typos
17:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11483 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , new serial pages missing help
17:36 reiveune bye
17:36 reiveune left #koha
17:39 maximep joined #koha
17:40 JWellner joined #koha
17:41 JWellner Good Morning Koha! :)
17:50 cait hi JWellner
18:01 mtompset joined #koha
18:01 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:04 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "jcamins: what about this time?" (246 lines) at
18:15 Joubu1 goodbye
18:15 Joubu1 left #koha
18:22 magnuse joined #koha
18:24 rangi so, 169 libraries (way more but 169 on libwebcats) moved to Koha in 2013
18:24 cait hi rangi
18:24 rangi hiya
18:24 rangi only one higher was sierra
18:24 cait yep
18:25 rangi with 595, but 497 of those were millenium to sierra, ie III to III
18:26 rangi so if you want to count the numbers of those actually moving support company, koha wins
18:26 rangi only 12 to symphony
18:26 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:26 rangi *giggle*
18:27 cait happy rangi? :)
18:29 rangi yep, time to go to work now
18:31 tcohen hi rangi!
18:41 oleonard_ joined #koha
18:47 tcohen is there a way to rearrange patches on a bug?
18:47 cait obsolete all
18:47 cait do it again... only way i know
18:47 tcohen what about the already signed ones?
18:47 cait hm
18:47 cait you could git bz
18:47 cait i mean, make a branch
18:47 cait apply them all
18:48 cait and upload again
18:48 cait with git bz apply -i you could do one after the other in the right sequence
18:48 tcohen yeap
18:48 tcohen thanks!
18:53 tcohen cait: you know i'll say its your fault, right?
18:53 cait huh?
18:54 tcohen patch rearranging
18:54 cait ohok
19:05 marjorie_ccsr joined #koha
19:34 kathryn hi cait :)
19:34 cait hi kathryn :)
19:43 bag hello
19:44 bag @later tell paul_p  happy birthday to you :)
19:44 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
19:47 mduncan joined #koha
19:49 trea joined #koha
19:57 magnuse joined #koha
20:13 kathryn oh hi bag :)
20:13 bag :)
20:13 kathryn and all the other good sorts
20:13 magnuse kia ora bag
20:13 magnuse @wunder boo
20:13 bag heya
20:13 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 1.0°C (8:50 PM CET on January 08, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: -2.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
20:14 kathryn hi magnuse are you spending much time in oslo?
20:24 cait kathryn: you might havemissed him - he often only wanders by in the evenings
20:24 cait i think he goes there for business sometimes
20:24 cait andi am going ot sleep :)
20:24 cait night all
20:24 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
20:24 kathryn no matter! :)
20:24 kathryn night cait
20:24 cait left #koha
20:31 mtompset @later tell tcohen: git rebase -i then cut and paste them into the correct order?
20:31 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
20:32 mtompset Greetings, bag magnuse kathryn.
20:43 magnuse kathryn: nah, as cait said i go there now and again
20:44 magnuse in fact i'll be there from monday to wednesday nest week
20:44 tcohen joined #koha
20:45 magnuse hola tcohen
20:45 tcohen hola magnuse
20:45 tcohen Hallo magnuse
20:46 mtompset So did I address the correct question, or did I miss the problem, tcohen?
20:46 tcohen ?
20:46 tcohen mtompset: about?
20:46 mtompset "is there a way to rearrange patches on a bug?"
20:47 kathryn hiya mtompset
20:48 tcohen mtompset: unfortunately i was talking about bugzilla
20:48 * tcohen was reading the irc logs
20:49 kathryn magnuse: I'll follow olso public with interest! :)
20:49 mtompset well, if you have them applying in the correct order then you can git bz attach -e them and obsolete the others.
20:49 mtompset I think.
20:50 magnuse kathryn: yeah, it will be interesting to see what they decide to do :-)
20:51 tcohen mtompset: that's correct, I did that and will blame cait for the idea if something goes wrong about it :-P
20:52 mtompset I can't remember who told me about attach -e the other day, I'd blame them. ;)
20:53 tcohen it was cait, that's for sure
20:56 mtompset Actually, in my case it was eythian. ;)
20:57 mtompset[…]3-12-30#i_1444033
20:58 eythian hi
20:58 wahanui salut, eythian
20:58 mtompset eythian++ # for solving multiple people's problems. :)
20:58 eythian what'd I do?
20:58 eythian oh, rebase stuff
20:59 eythian @wunder nzwn
20:59 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0°C (9:30 AM NZDT on January 09, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
20:59 eythian that is not summer!
20:59 mtompset no, the attach -e stuff.
20:59 JWellner joined #koha
21:00 tcohen hi eythian
21:00 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
21:00 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 34.2°C (6:00 PM ART on January 08, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 14%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
21:00 nengard @later tell rangi the dashboard doesn't have all of the manual branches - no biggie, but there is a 3.12 and 3.14 branch missing from the 'build statuses' on the right
21:00 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
21:00 eythian mtompset: oh, OK, that's good too :)
21:01 eythian tcohen: that's a bit much really :)
21:01 * tcohen is about to open a nz beer rangi brought to reno
21:01 eythian which one?
21:01 wahanui rumour has it which one is that? The fixed navbar
21:02 tcohen "garage project" ;-)
21:02 eythian that's a brewery, not a beer :)
21:02 eythian (well, they have a beer called "beer", but I suspect that's not it :)
21:03 tcohen pils n' thrills
21:03 eythian ah, that is a good one.
21:03 tcohen :-D
21:03 eythian tbh, all their ones are good ones, but that is a good good one :)
21:03 tcohen good to hear
21:03 tcohen rangi++
21:08 BobB joined #koha
21:14 magnuse have fun #koha!
21:39 maximep joined #koha
21:39 tcohen bye #koha
21:43 pianohacker joined #koha
21:58 mtompset Greetings, BobB maximep pianohacker.
22:07 nlegrand joined #koha
22:07 nlegrand hey #koha
22:13 francharb bye
22:15 mtompset Greetings, nlegrand
22:19 jcamins @later tell tcohen I like the subtests, but they should all pass. ;)
22:19 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
22:25 edveal joined #koha
22:25 pianohacker applied TDD: submit failing patches until someone gets bugged enough to fix them
22:27 nengard left #koha
22:45 dcook joined #koha
22:46 mtompset TDD?
22:47 mtompset What is TDD, pianohacker?
22:52 JWellner joined #koha
22:57 pianohacker mtompset: test-driven development
22:57 wahanui test-driven development is just easier.
22:58 mtompset Is that what Microsoft does with Windows? ;)
22:58 eythian That's Tequila Driven Development.
23:00 mtompset eythian: It's whiskey. xkcd is a reliable source, right?
23:02 eythian I didn't want to besmirch whisky, because I like it. But I suppose blaming it on whiskey is OK, I don't like that so much.
23:02 dcook Jargaritas have brought me back around to tequila
23:03 dcook Not that I was ever really off it..
23:05 eythian I've never really been a fan
23:15 papa joined #koha
23:32 mtompset I can't say that I drink, so I wouldn't know.
23:32 mtompset Greetings, papa.
23:51 mtompset question. Is 541$e identical in value to 952$i?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary