IRC log for #koha, 2013-10-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:48 phasefx joined #koha
00:49 user00 joined #koha
00:49 cait joined #koha
00:52 cait hi #koha
00:53 bshum cait: I wasn't around long, but I already miss hanging out with everyone.
00:53 cait aaw
00:53 cait I will share that feeling too soon
00:53 cait it was nice to meet you :)
00:54 bshum I spent most of today explaining that when I say "library" I mean books not software.
00:54 bshum Well, just software.
00:54 bshum cait: Yes, it was very nice meeting you as well. :D
00:55 cait where are you right now? :)
00:55 bshum I'm on the Google bus leaving their campus and heading back to the hotel.
00:56 cait oh
00:57 cait :)
00:58 bshum Heh, yeah, it's fun, but not the same as hanging with library folks.
01:02 oleonard joined #koha
01:02 oleonard Hi #koha
01:02 cait hi oleonard :)
01:02 cait hm need a name for the wiki page where i am going to put the table with the feedback from the librarian
01:02 cait s
01:02 cait Kohacon13/?
01:03 oleonard Wishlist?
01:04 cait :)
01:04 cait picked that :)
01:05 oleonard Anyone here who went on the boat trip?
01:06 oleonard I'm curious how it was
01:10 rambutan wonder if rangi will post some bullet points from his "change the oil" presentation. I had to leave exactly at that point.
01:12 oleonard I'm sure he could rambutan
01:13 oleonard Safely home now?
01:14 rambutan yea, but not without class 10 annoyance. Flight from RNO - DEN was delayed about 4 hours, missed connecting flight
01:14 rambutan ended up getting into KCI at about 0100
01:14 oleonard Yuck
01:14 rambutan BTW, was good to meet you in person! Cait too! Everybody else too!
01:15 oleonard Yes, likewise
01:15 cait rambutan: sorry for the delayed flight, nice to meet you too
01:15 cait i am filling up a wiki page now with all the comments for tomorrow
01:15 cait oleonard: some are for you it looks like :)
01:16 oleonard Good :)
01:16 oleonard cait would you like help?
01:16 rambutan I liked Paul's/Brendan presentaton
01:16 rambutan oops...
01:16 cait filling the page or fixing all that? :)
01:16 cait[…]hlist&action=edit
01:16 cait hm without the edit probably
01:16 oleonard Filling the page
01:16 rambutan on signoffs. Had no idea it would be so easy with the sandboxes. I should be able to figure it out now
01:18 gmcharlt howdy
01:18 wahanui hello, gmcharlt
01:18 rambutan gmcharlt!
01:18 wahanui rumour has it gmcharlt is an expert in all things library technology
01:18 oleonard How was the boat ride gmcharlt?
01:18 cait1 joined #koha
01:18 cait1 oleonard: it's ok, it's not too much
01:18 cait1 i just thought i might get started on it
01:18 gmcharlt oleonard: nice scenery; took a while to get our lunch, though
01:19 cait1 but if you already want to take a look and comment or look for related bugs that would be nice
01:19 cait1 gmcharlt: we had lunch in a basement, because there was beer
01:19 gmcharlt cait1: do you want me to stick the stuff transcribed from the roundtables on that wiki page or a different one?
01:19 cait1 ;)
01:19 gmcharlt cait1++
01:19 cait1 gmcharlt: whatever you prefer :)
01:21 phasefx joined #koha
01:24 paul_p joined #koha
01:25 cait1 hm might have killed my browser...
01:25 cait1 should save more often.
01:30 BobB joined #koha
01:34 cait1 first page done
01:34 cait1 some of them are not very detailed
01:34 cait1 not sure i understand all
01:35 oleonard Too bad nengard won't be with us to help translate
01:39 gmcharlt cait1: I'm making a separate page for the transcriptions
01:40 gmcharlt I should be done in about half an hour (then I will want dinner) :)
01:40 cait1 ok
01:40 cait1 :)
01:40 cait1 we meet at 7
01:40 cait1 i am almost done
01:40 cait1 5-6 more
01:40 cait1 someone asking for more structured inventory workflow
01:40 gmcharlt ok, we'll be down at 7
01:40 BobB hi cait, another group is meeting at 7:30
01:40 cait1 without runing reports and batch editing items - wondering why not using the inventory tool?
01:41 cait1 aah
01:41 cait1 overlap :)
01:41 BobB so anyone in Reno, go to bottom of lifts at 7 or 7.30 to join a group for dinner
01:41 BobB :)
01:41 gmcharlt anybody not in Reno, start running in that direction NOW!
01:41 cait1 now?
01:41 wahanui now is, like, good time with holidays coming up
01:41 cait1 but i have to finish this!
01:42 gmcharlt cait1: you're in Reno, you don't need to run :)
01:46 cait1 gmcharlt++ for helping with the transcriptions
01:46 cait1 you got the reail hard part
01:46 cait1 I am done with mine for now :)
01:46 gmcharlt cait1++
01:47 cait1 @karma cait1
01:47 huginn cait1: Karma for "cait1" has been increased 6 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 5.
01:47 cait1 heh :)
01:50 cait1 ok, on my way downstairs now :)
01:55 * oleonard too
02:22 phasefx joined #koha
04:20 phasefx joined #koha
04:22 gmcharlt @quote random
04:22 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #106: "<jwagner> Bah, humbug" (added by druthb at 01:31 PM, November 29, 2010)
04:43 phasefx joined #koha
05:12 phasefx joined #koha
05:36 phasefx joined #koha
05:39 cait joined #koha
05:41 * cait waves
05:44 paul_p joined #koha
05:45 paul_p_ joined #koha
05:45 cait left #koha
06:27 dpk joined #koha
06:54 phasefx joined #koha
07:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #353 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:56 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #353: SUCCESS in 36 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/353/
07:56 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 10712: Save missing config variables to install log
07:56 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 10362: ensure that all messages and alerts are shown upon checkin
07:56 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug 10664: fix error in if there is no active currency
07:56 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 10664 [QA Followup] - fix error in if there is no active currency
07:56 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 10483: fix item uniqueness check on order form
07:56 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 10715 - MARC21 007 Plugin Editor doesn't load position 01
07:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10712 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , Some values not saved in koha install log
07:56 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 10703: Add db documentation for biblioimages table
07:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10362 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , on return with reserve or transfer the alerts are not shown
07:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10664 normal, P4, ---, sophie.meynieux, Pushed to Stable , Software error in if there is no active currency
07:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10483 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , does not work
07:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10715 trivial, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , MARC21 007 Plugin Editor doesn't load position 01
07:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10703 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , add/update database documentation
07:57 jenkins_koha Starting build #354 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:39 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #354: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/354/
08:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10481: FIX No enrollment fee when changing patron category.
08:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10481: Unit tests for C4::Members::AddEnrolmentFeeIfNeeded
08:39 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10481: (follow-up) fix typo in POD
08:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10481 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , No enrollment fee when changing patron category
09:14 phasefx joined #koha
10:26 phasefx joined #koha
11:05 phasefx joined #koha
11:07 drojf joined #koha
12:11 bg joined #koha
13:04 phasefx joined #koha
13:33 phasefx joined #koha
13:34 cait joined #koha
14:14 saa joined #koha
14:14 saa i am struggling hard to get koha going but my opac search is not working i tried putting query since yday but yet did not get any answer
14:15 saa is there anyone who can help to check what is going wrong while i am installing koha on either lubuntu or ubuntu 64 bit version
14:15 saa i can paste then intranet and opac log
14:50 paul_p joined #koha
14:51 paul_p good morning #koha ! breakfast somewhere planned ?
14:51 jcamins paul_p: meeting at the elevators at 8.
14:51 paul_p ok, 9 mn then ;-)
15:09 oleonard joined #koha
15:09 * oleonard clutches this wifi signal and hisses at anyone who comes near
15:37 phasefx joined #koha
15:43 phasefx joined #koha
15:55 dpk joined #koha
16:06 meliss joined #koha
16:16 talljoy joined #koha
16:19 oleonard Hi hackfesters!
16:20 oleonard Anyone here for the hackfest who isn't physically at the hackfest?
16:21 edveal joined #koha
16:22 drnoe joined #koha
16:35 drnoe1 joined #koha
16:36 bag morning
16:36 wahanui morning is probably a state of cat
16:36 paul_p joined #koha
16:39 BobB joined #koha
16:39 BobB_ joined #koha
16:40 drnoe1 left #koha
16:40 msaby joined #koha
16:41 msaby hello #koha
16:41 gmcharlt hi msaby
16:41 jcamins Hi msaby. We're just going around the room introducing ourselves.
16:41 drnoe joined #koha
16:41 jcamins I haven't been taking notes, so I'm not sure who we are.
16:41 msaby not hackfesting, but curious ;-)
16:42 druthb wahanui:  botsnack cookie
16:42 wahanui :)
16:43 gmcharlt jcamins: amorphous patch-writing-testing-hacker-blobs? ;)
16:43 jcamins gmcharlt: yep.
16:43 BobB joined #koha
16:43 msaby but for the record : Mathieu Saby from France, librarian
16:48 jcamins msaby: Galen just introduced you verbally.
16:50 oleonard joined #koha
16:51 msaby jcamins: I am flattered ;-)
16:53 * magnuse waves
16:54 magnuse (but is not really here)
16:54 talljoy hi magnuse!
16:54 magnuse howdy talljoy
16:55 oleonard Hi magnuse, I want to ask you about your comment on Bug 11057
16:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11057 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Bootstrap theme: Don't hide language chooser below the fold
16:55 magnuse shoot!
16:55 oleonard The language-chooser has always been hidden below the fold.
16:55 oleonard Or do I misunderstand?
16:56 magnuse take a look at
16:56 magnuse there it sits at the bottom of the content
16:56 magnuse if you have lots of content on the front page it will be pushed below the fold
16:56 magnuse but then it feels more natural to look for it at the bottom
16:57 jcamins magnuse: it's always been like that, hasn't it?
16:57 magnuse in the bootstrap theme it seems to be hidden on purpose, pushed down below the fold even if there is very little content
16:57 oleonard Okay, I just wanted to make sure I understood your comment
16:57 magnuse jcamins: yeah, i think it has looked like it does on for a long time
16:59 oleonard Actually someone suggested--sorry, now I can't remember--putting it in the user menu at the top somehow
17:00 jcamins oleonard: I am in favor of that.
17:00 jcamins I think that might have been me.
17:04 * magnuse is not opposed to moving it
17:04 * magnuse wanders off roast some pumpkin seeds - enjoy the hackfest folks!
17:08 oleonard I might fix the simpler aspect of that bug first and then try the more drastic solution
17:08 jcamins Makes sense.
17:09 gmcharlt +1 to moving to top
17:13 tcohen joined #koha
17:14 rambutan #koha needs ->[…]videoId=274185382 +
17:15 rambutan would be a real hoot to watch all the players standing up and falling down
17:18 tcohen hi "koha!
17:21 phasefx joined #koha
17:22 paul_p joined #koha
17:35 tcohen @later tell mtompset: i think we should leave the instructions for now as they where before
17:35 tcohen @later tell mtompset i think we should leave the instructions for now as they where before
17:35 tcohen @later tell mtompset creating an updated package for the lib is the only way, otherwise we are just confusing the stable branch users
17:35 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:35 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:35 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:36 tcohen joined #koha
17:36 cait joined #koha
17:40 oleonard Just realized git-bz isn't working on this laptop :(
17:41 oleonard NameError: global name 'host' is not defined
17:41 wahanui i already had it that way, oleonard.
17:41 * cait points oleonard to the cookies
17:41 cait have you set up all the git bz parameters from the wiki?
17:41 oleonard Anyone familiar with that error?
17:41 cait have you checked out the fishsoup branch?
17:41 * oleonard thought he had done both
17:42 oleonard git-bz?
17:42 wahanui i guess git-bz is at[…]_bz_configuration
17:42 cait oleonard: can you poke the guy next t you and tell him to log onto IRC?
17:42 rangi cait: can you see
17:42 dcook joined #koha
17:42 cait yep can see :)
17:43 Ashimema joined #koha
17:43 cait trying to work through my qa mail quickly right now
17:43 Ashimema Yo channel...
17:43 rangi cool
17:43 cait then going to work on 10493
17:43 cait yo Ashimema
17:43 oleonard rangi was sure to sign off on 6 bugs before starting the scoreboard? :)
17:43 rangi heh
17:43 magnuse rangi++
17:43 rangi just testing
17:43 Ashimema My ears were burning.. then owen told me why
17:43 cait :)
17:44 magnuse rangi: looks good from here :-)
17:44 cait Ashimema: pm :)
17:46 MRenvoize joined #koha
17:46 oleonard Thanks cait, I guess I hadn't done one of the config things
17:46 cait glad you figured it out :)
17:48 Ashimema joined #koha
17:48 rangi ok scoreboard up to date
17:48 oleonard druthb++
17:49 cait rangi++
17:49 cait can we put the link on the hackfest page maybe?
17:49 druthb oleonard++  #Did it actually work?
17:49 oleonard Rebuilding my ar-Arab template now
17:49 rangi if by we do you mean anyone except me, then yes we can
17:50 druthb Then we can annoy cait to QA it.
17:51 cait i did it :)
17:51 magnuse druthb++ first kitten saved!
17:51 cait woohoo
17:51 cait[…]#Fix_all_the_bugs.21
17:52 drojf kittens \o/
17:52 cait at the bottom
17:52 cait hey drojf
17:52 cait joining us? :)
17:52 drojf hi cait
17:52 drojf no, sorry. have to read :(
17:52 drojf would love to
17:52 jcamins drojf: you should read patches!
17:53 drojf i can't hand them in as a thesis though :/
17:53 drojf how is kohacon so far?
17:53 jcamins drojf: oh, fine.
17:53 druthb WOOO HOOO!
17:55 drojf yay!
17:55 druthb drojf!
17:56 drojf druthb! :)
17:58 oleonard druthb: I think you need to make a case for why the direction style should be hard-coded in the template rather than added to the right-to-left CSS file
17:58 oleonard I'm not sure there would be a reason to override it in custom CSS, but one can't do that as easily if it's in the HTML
18:00 Ashimema joined #koha
18:01 druthb Hrm.  Should I try again, doing it on the id?
18:02 dpk Sorry we had to run as soon as the bus got back but let me say that Elaine and I had a great time, learned a lot, and made a bunch of new friends.  Hopefully we will be seeing more of us here, on the list, and perhaps for some of the Seattle crowd, in person.
18:03 druthb oleonard:  The case was, I was lazy and did it that way.  Since the div has an ID, i could just as easily do it in the css.
18:04 oleonard In that case I will ask for more
18:04 drojf oh jcamins, i came across a zebra question. we have an index that is supposed to be for marc21 260$a, but it also indexes all other subfields besides $b and $c (i think, maybe slightly different). can i remove the general "melm 260" and leave "melm 260$a bla", "melm 260$b bleh", "melm 260$c something", or is the generic 260 (all fields) needed?
18:04 jcamins drojf: nooooo.
18:04 jcamins drojf: yeah, you can do that.
18:04 drojf yay!
18:05 drojf see, it was not bad at all ;)
18:05 bag BobB++
18:05 bag going a great job down there :)
18:06 BobB :)
18:06 druthb oleonard:  Should i do it in global.css, or in right-to-left.css, since the diff is *only* needed in rtl?
18:06 msaby drojf: I made some patches for Zebra relying on the same idea
18:07 msaby for example to index only some subfields in subjects
18:07 msaby it works ;-)
18:07 talljoy joined #koha
18:07 oleonard druthb: right-to-left.css I would say
18:08 druthb okie.
18:08 drojf msaby: good to know. i wasn't sure as it seemed there was a generic one for each field. maybe someone else was not sure about it when the file was created. ;)
18:10 msaby drojf: I see 260 in MARC21 is like 210 in UNIMARC. For that field we index separately each subfield I think (place of publication / publisher name / date)
18:11 msaby drojf: By the way, I've never seen a reader searching by place of publication...
18:13 drojf yes, that is what my librarian wants. it would not matter in theory, users don't know it and should only enter a place name. but if they accidentally enter a date, because they choose the wrong search type from the list, they will end up with something in subfield g (i think) which would be confusing
18:14 msaby drojf: Is the date in 260 indexed as well as the date in coded field? don't remember that. In unimarc we index only the date in 210, but I'm considering using coded field instead. maybe both sould be indexed...
18:15 drojf the date index is 260 and a coded field somewhere else, i think
18:16 jcamins 008
18:16 dcook 264 as well
18:16 jcamins True.
18:17 * dcook says without looking at the conversation as well
18:17 dcook as well = at all
18:17 drojf heh
18:17 jcamins Because nothing says "huge improvement in standard" like "new number."
18:17 drojf :D
18:17 talljoy :-/
18:23 druthb oleonard:  help, help, a kitten is about to die!
18:25 druthb CSS Gawd or Gawdess needed!
18:26 talljoy meow
18:31 msaby What! there's a note column in both biblio and biblioitems?
18:32 jcamins msaby: yeah, we're not sure why.
18:32 rangi before MARC broke koha
18:33 rangi you could have biblio level notes, then manifestation level notes
18:33 msaby jcamins: I'm writing UT for some Acq sub, and fighting with "note", in aqorders and biblio. But I did not think it was too in biblioitems
18:33 oleonard joined #koha
18:34 * druthb blames talljoy
18:34 cait dpk: sorry to have missed saying goodbye to you - was nice to meet the two of you :)
18:34 msaby ok, don't you think it would be a good thing to clean all old unused fields in database?
18:34 talljoy druthb grrrrrr
18:34 talljoy msaby yes please!!!!
18:35 msaby talljoy: hem not this evening
18:35 rangi only when you have it fully unit tested and can guarantee you wont break anything for any of the 4000+ koha users
18:35 rangi because ive had 14 years of that, and im utterly sick of it
18:36 * cait points rangi to jared's cookies and the german chocolates
18:36 msaby rangi: I began to wrote some bugs about it (like Bug 11010), but I was said some useless column was to be used some day by some dev...
18:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11010 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Useless column purchaseordernumber in aqorders table
18:36 cait msaby: the hard bit is making sure noone has used the field
18:36 cait and has data in there
18:37 druthb cait++
18:37 talljoy cait++
18:38 msaby cait:is a grep in all perl files suffcient for that? or you would do other tests?
18:38 cait grepping the perl files would not really help you there
18:38 cait because it's the mapping done in configuration
18:38 cait but also grepping that the field is not used hardcoded somewhere is needed of course
18:39 msaby cait:so if I understant, if  these fields are not harmful, better not touching it...
18:40 cait i think there are other kittens to save... :)
18:41 druthb saving-kittens++
18:43 phasefx joined #koha
18:44 drojf1 joined #koha
18:46 druthb @seen oak
18:46 huginn druthb: oak was last seen in #koha 6 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <Oak> in that case i'll let you do your thing :)
18:46 druthb @seen Brooke
18:46 huginn druthb: Brooke was last seen in #koha 4 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 39 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <Brooke> hey cait :D
18:46 druthb @later tell Brooke now you can't say no one ever talks to you when you log in.
18:46 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
18:47 oleonard joined #koha
18:52 Ashimema joined #koha
18:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10969: Fix sample itemtypes for translated installers <[…]0468d84296cfc4a90>
19:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #163 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #1458 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1451 2 days 19 hr ago)
19:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9739: (follow-up) improve help text a bit <[…]bc37bba6df712d5a6> / Bug 9739: (follow-up) add missing comma <[…]d3ebb08f86d73ab54> / Bug 9739: (follow-up) cosmetic changes <[…]38698247d79b7bfb8
19:23 Ashimema joined #koha
19:27 MRenvoize joined #koha
19:44 MRenvoize joined #koha
19:46 paul_p joined #koha
19:47 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #163: SUCCESS in 46 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/163/
19:47 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10969: Fix sample itemtypes for translated installers
19:47 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9739: more options for
19:47 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9739: (follow-up) cosmetic changes
19:47 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9739: (follow-up) add missing comma
19:47 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 9739: (follow-up) improve help text a bit
19:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10969 blocker, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Fix sample itemtypes for translated installers
19:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9739 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , more options for
19:49 cait joined #koha
19:49 sophie_m joined #koha
19:56 edveal joined #koha
20:01 MRenvoize joined #koha
20:06 oleonard-away joined #koha
20:06 phasefx joined #koha
20:11 druthb oleonard++  #Thanx for the testing and signoff.
20:23 tcohen joined #koha
20:32 tcohen joined #koha
20:41 tcohen hi magnuse
20:41 phasefx joined #koha
20:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1458: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 48 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1458/
20:54 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10969: Fix sample itemtypes for translated installers
20:54 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9739: more options for
20:54 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9739: (follow-up) cosmetic changes
20:54 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9739: (follow-up) add missing comma
20:54 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 9739: (follow-up) improve help text a bit
20:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10969 blocker, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Fix sample itemtypes for translated installers
20:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9739 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , more options for
20:58 Ashimema joined #koha
21:02 * magnuse cheers the hackfesters on, then falls asleep
21:05 tcohen joined #koha
21:07 cait druthb++
21:09 phasefx joined #koha
21:31 paul_p joined #koha
21:35 rambutan are those handcrafted by D Ruth Bavousett?
21:36 eythian hi
21:36 rambutan hi eythian
21:41 rambutan druthb: you should make duck calls.
21:42 rambutan you know duck calls sell for $75 - $250 or so?
21:42 druthb yep.  I've thought about 'em, but not sure how good a market I'll find.
21:42 druthb rambutan:  and yea, all my stuff is handcrafted by me.
21:43 rambutan amazing talent. I assume you have some type of small lathe?
21:49 bshum joined #koha
21:50 cait hi eythian
21:51 eythian hello cait
21:51 wahanui hello cait are you here?
21:51 cait your patch just getting qa'd from bag
21:51 cait :)
21:52 eythian which patch is that?
21:52 wahanui i already had it that way, eythian.
21:52 phasefx joined #koha
21:53 cait the ldap one uli signed off on
21:55 eythian oh sweet
22:02 tcohen joined #koha
22:03 druthb wahanui:  botsnack fruit skewer
22:03 wahanui thanks druthb :)
22:04 dcook joined #koha
22:04 dcook marc history?
22:04 wahanui i heard marc history was
22:04 dcook merci wahanui
22:12 bag cait?
22:12 wahanui cait: go to bed
22:12 cait[…]Hackfest/Wishlist
22:12 cait[…]/Roundtable_Notes
22:14 eythian > Stop calling it the OPAC -- call it the catalog(ue)
22:14 eythian I agree with the spirit, but catalogue is ambiguous I feel.
22:16 dcook tcohen++
22:16 dcook Tiken Jah Fakoly ftw
22:18 oleonard In fact "we" don't call it the OPAC anywhere *in* the OPAC, so it's not much of an issue for our public users
22:20 dcook That's true. I think OPAC is largely an internal word
22:21 dcook That said, I do wonder if catalog(ue) is the word that users use..
22:21 * dcook seems to remember reading something that suggested that it was...but...*shrug*
22:21 dcook When using my public library, I suppose I usually say that I'm checking the library website
22:22 eythian I'll often use "public catalogue"
22:24 cait but isn't that again internal?
22:24 cait i mean staff will sayt hat
22:24 cait but patrons have no idea that there is a public and an internal one
22:25 eythian that's a good point.
22:25 William joined #koha
22:26 phasefx joined #koha
22:26 jdeca joined #koha
22:26 BobB hi William
22:27 Denise joined #koha
22:27 BobB hi denise
22:27 William HELLO bOB AND dENISE
22:28 BobB hey cait, William and Denise are using #koha for the first time
22:28 jdeca Hello
22:29 * jdeca slaps William around a bit with a large fishbot
22:29 * William falls to the floor
22:30 dcook Poor William
22:30 dcook yay for using #koha!
22:30 eythian wahanui: test
22:30 * wahanui does a testing dance
22:30 eythian hrm, computer just told me the network went down. It appears it was lying to me.
22:31 * cait waves to William, Denise
22:31 talljoy grumpy cat has made an official appearance on the scoreboard!
22:31 cait William: want to know what the weather is like outside? :)
22:31 talljoy rangi++
22:31 Denise back at you, Cait
22:31 cait @wunder Reno, Nevada
22:31 eythian @wunder nzwn
22:31 huginn cait: The current temperature in MidTown, Reno, Nevada is 20.7°C (3:30 PM PDT on October 20, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 22%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
22:31 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 16.0°C (11:00 AM NZDT on October 21, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
22:32 William Welcome to the land of the Farenheiters
22:34 eythian sounds like some kind of German meat product.
22:42 gmcharlt @quote random
22:42 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #89: "<owen> We defy stereotypes: We're not afraid of commitment!" (added by jwagner at 04:32 PM, August 19, 2010)
22:43 phasefx joined #koha
22:55 eythian <-- rangi
22:59 rambutan This app is unavailable for your platform.
23:03 eythian it's for firefox OS.
23:04 rambutan ah, oh, not linux, ok
23:05 eythian not gnu/linux, anyway. Firefox OS is a linux-based distro.
23:07 rambutan yes, of course. just me expressing my minor annoyance.
23:08 clintD joined #koha
23:17 dcook Any ideas on how to run manually when using koha-gitify?
23:17 dcook I'm trying to set the PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF and then running it but @INC seems to still be missing the path specified in PERL5LIB...
23:17 eythian dcook: just use koha-rebuild-zebra
23:18 eythian oh
23:18 eythian I'm not paying the right amount of attention, that makes no sense as an answer.
23:18 dcook I need to use the from my git :/
23:18 dcook hehe
23:18 eythian it should work.
23:18 rangi koha-shell instancename
23:18 rangi then run it
23:19 rangi koha-shell will set the right environment
23:19 eythian you can actually do koha-shell -c 'command' instancename too.
23:19 eythian though, it might set up the environment to point to the packaged version.
23:19 eythian in fact, it will, so that might or might not work for you.
23:20 dcook In this case, it'll work just fine :)
23:20 dcook thanks eythian and rangi
23:21 dcook I'm still at a loss to why it wasn't working but...this works
23:21 dcook rangi++
23:21 dcook eythian++
23:21 rangi permissions
23:21 wahanui somebody said permissions was most likely the problem
23:22 ccote joined #koha
23:22 eythian dcook: @INC definitely should reflect what you've put in PERL5LIB
23:23 dcook ahhh
23:23 dcook good one, rangi
23:23 cait rangi: which password does the koha-shell expect?
23:24 cait i can't seem to figure it out
23:24 eythian cait: use sudo
23:24 eythian it expects the password for the koha instance user, which probably isn't set.
23:24 cait oh
23:25 cait it looks better
23:25 cait should i worry about those? bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
23:25 cait bash: no job control in this shell
23:25 eythian I think you have something a little weird, but it probably won't affect basic use.
23:27 dcook Yeah I get "bash: no job control in this shell" as well, cait
23:27 tcohen joined #koha
23:27 cait eythian: it's not always me...
23:28 dcook But it's never given me any problems
23:29 * dcook tries to remember how we're building other frameworks than default going forward..
23:29 dcook frameworks?
23:29 wahanui frameworks are a big topic
23:29 dcook frameworks?
23:29 wahanui frameworks are a big topic
23:29 paul_p joined #koha
23:31 edveal joined #koha
23:46 phasefx joined #koha
23:52 colincote joined #koha
23:53 cait1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary