IRC log for #koha, 2013-08-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 dcook joined #koha
00:02 dcook morning #koha
00:04 rangi hi dcook
00:04 dcook hey ya rangi
00:06 NateC left #koha
00:10 BobB joined #koha
00:20 dcook Apparently French police conducted a raid yesterday/today and seized 66 tonnes of miniature eiffel tower trinkets in a Parisian suburb
00:20 dcook I did wonder where they all came from...
00:21 dcook[…]I-95771374871005/
00:22 jcamins Miniature Eiffel tower trinkets?
00:22 dcook Yeah, those little ones they sell at the base of the eiffel tower
00:22 dcook On key chains and such
00:23 jcamins Ah.
00:24 wizzyrea why, becasue they were tiny keyrings made out of pressed, lacquered, cocaine or something?
00:27 dcook Nah, I imagine it's probably due to having no licences and paying no taxes
00:27 dcook Possibly also due to annoying tourists
00:27 dcook I quite disliked visiting the eiffel tower.
00:27 dcook Paris in general really, although Montmartre and the Louvre were sweet.
00:28 dcook I thought Musée d'Orsay was overrated despite supposedly being underrated...
00:28 dcook But yeah...all I remember of the Eiffel tower really are the illegal street vendors and soldiers
00:28 dcook (soldiers due to a bomb threat at the time or some such)
00:29 dcook The Arc de Triomphe was neat...although Champs-Elysées is weird.
00:29 dcook Free toilets in the McDo's though :p
00:35 dcook Oh...I think I might've found the solution to yesterday's seemingly impossible problem!
00:42 dcook Missing subscription history...
00:43 dcook I had no idea that Led Zepplin had so many LotR references...shows what happens when you actually listen to lyrics
00:44 druthb_away joined #koha
01:12 edveal joined #koha
02:21 dcook bug 10715
02:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10715 trivial, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , MARC21 007 Plugin Editor doesn't load position 01
02:21 dcook This might be the smallest patch I've ever seen
02:21 dcook 1 character change
02:22 dcook If anyone wants one of the easiest sign-offs ever
02:55 dcook For those of you who don't live in Australia:[…]130809-2rlq1.html
02:55 dcook I don't know if onesies are a thing elsewhere in the world at the moment...
02:57 rangi they seem to be
02:58 dcook I really thought it was an Inner West thing here in Sydney for a while. Who knew?
03:11 rangi
03:11 rangi potentially interesting
03:13 wizzyrea very shiny
03:14 rangi i might run it up for a test
03:14 * dcook eats more chocolate cupcakes
03:14 wizzyrea ruby... but, meh.
03:14 wizzyrea if it works it works
03:15 jcamins rangi: I think there was a reason I'd decided I didn't like that. Possibly that I couldn't get it to run because I tried to use it on a server that had other things.
03:15 jcamins Looks like it requires a very particular version of Ruby and Python.
03:15 rangi yep
03:15 jcamins I remember seeing it and thinking it looked very cool, though.
03:16 rangi ruby always have to be difficult
03:36 jcamins Wow.
03:37 jcamins Persona/BrowserID may be the easiest thing ever.
03:37 * jcamins just added Persona authentication to Biblionarrator.
03:39 rangi yup
03:40 jcamins Now, at some point I need to make it look good, rather than just giving a 500: Permission denied error (especially since it shouldn't be a 500...) but I think the fact that it took me twenty minutes to add BrowserID authentication is still pretty cool.
03:41 * jcamins goes to sleep now that he's ending on a high note.
03:41 dcook \o/
03:41 dcook night jcamins
03:43 dcook Hmm, 50% of the cupcake supply has been diminished...
03:43 * dcook is glad that there's no one in his office who can see him eating dessert first
05:15 drnoe left #koha
06:06 cait joined #koha
06:07 laurence joined #koha
06:17 * cait waves
06:17 dcook hey ya magnuse and cait :)
06:18 dcook Wait a minute...
06:18 dcook Shouldn't cait be on vacation? :o
06:18 cait she is
06:18 dcook Well in that case, glad to see you ^_^
06:18 dcook salut laurence aussi!
06:18 * magnuse waves
06:19 laurence hi dcook, magnuse cait
06:20 magnuse hiya dcook laurence cait
06:43 * magnuse waves again
06:48 * cait waves and runs off to breakfast
06:48 * dcook continues eating chocolate cupcakes
06:48 dcook I think I'm going about 2 cupcakes per hour at the moment...;)
06:49 cait left #koha
06:52 christophe_c joined #koha
06:53 christophe_c hello #koha
06:53 dcook salut christophe_c
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:53 christophe_c salut dcook ;-)
06:53 dcook salut alex_a aussi
06:54 magnuse bonjour christophe_c  et alex_a
06:54 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:54 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 23.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on August 13, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
06:54 magnuse @wunder boo
06:54 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on August 13, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
06:54 alex_a Bonjour dcook magnuse
06:54 dcook @wunder sydney, australia
06:54 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 22.0°C (4:30 PM EST on August 13, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
06:54 christophe_c bonjour magnuse ;-)
06:55 magnuse "Humidity: 20%" that's not very humid...
06:55 dcook " 12.0°C" that's not very warm ;)
06:55 dcook It's been pretty nice recently. I think winter is coming to an end soon.
06:55 dcook I went back to Canada this time last year, so this will be my first Australian spring...
06:57 magnuse hehe
06:58 dcook Wait a minute...does the work day start at 8am in Norway and France?
07:03 magnuse 8am in norway, 9am in france i think
07:04 christophe_c yes for us around 9am
07:05 dcook I'll have to remember that when I visit ;)
07:07 christophe_c :)
07:09 magnuse 8am if you work in an office
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:10 magnuse some foodstores have started opening at 7am
07:10 magnuse bookshops and such usually open around 10am
07:10 sophie_m hello #koha
07:22 magnuse bonjour sophie_m
07:22 sophie_m hello magnuse, no holidays for you ?
07:23 magnuse sophie_m: oh, i had 3 weeks in july
07:24 sophie_m ah, I was also on holidays, that's why I didn't saw it ;-)
07:24 magnuse july is the big summer holiday month in norway, not august
07:24 magnuse hehe, probably :-)
07:29 dcook magnuse: What's the best time to visit Norway, would you say?
07:44 magnuse dcook: summer
07:44 magnuse unless you enjoy snow and cold and darkness
07:45 magnuse oh, our summer, i mean
07:45 magnuse so june, july, august
07:45 magnuse august is probably the busiest month, because a lot of europe goes on holiday then
07:45 magnuse so june or july, really
07:47 dcook Cool. Good to know :)
07:47 dcook That's winter here, so perfect timing ;)
07:47 magnuse :-)
07:51 magnuse and i would of cours erecommend going to northern norway
07:51 magnuse to see the midnight sun and the spectacular scenery
07:51 magnuse the Lofoten islands, for example
07:52 dcook I'll have to remember that. Midnight sun sounds quite astonishing :)
07:52 magnuse it is! :-)
07:53 magnuse and these guys: are just about to start a direct route from London to Bodø, so you could skip sothern norway completely ;-)
07:55 dcook hehe
07:55 magnuse (i grew up in the south, so i'm allowed to dis them :-)
07:55 dcook hehe
07:56 dcook I know the feeling
07:56 dcook Growing up in the Canadian prairies, I feel offended if anyone insults them but people from there ;)
07:57 dcook MARC--
07:57 dcook AACR2--
07:57 dcook (This whole "main entry", "added entry", "tracing paragraph" stuff is silly...)
07:58 magnuse MARC is silly...
07:58 magnuse dcook:
08:03 dcook Whoa, I think I just levelled up my knowledge of added entries...
08:04 dcook I suppose that knowledge is only valuable insofar as understanding how silly the concepts of main/added entries are in online cataloguing
08:04 dcook magnuse: ah, cool! Thanks!
08:04 dcook I don't know when I'll get a chance to visit Norway, but it's been on the list of places to visit for the past 10 years
08:04 * dcook does some calculations
08:05 dcook My materal great great grandparents were from Norway
08:05 dcook maternal*
08:06 magnuse cool, do you know whereabouts?
08:07 dcook Alas, I do not :(. I only have 2 living relatives left on that side, and I'm not sure that even they would know :/
08:09 magnuse ah, you can make it a quest then, 1 month in norway to locate your roots :-)
08:10 dcook hehe
08:10 dcook I like this idea!
08:10 dcook Alas, I'm not sure how affordable that option might be though.
08:14 magnuse yeah[…]lace-to-live.html
08:14 magnuse see also[…]ity-in-world.html for some corrections to the numbers
08:17 dcook Hmm, these prices aren't dissimilar to Sydney
08:17 dcook With the exception of the beer, perhaps
08:18 magnuse we have lots of taxes on alcohol
08:18 dcook They do here as well, although I suspect not as many
08:18 dcook It's funny how relative costs are
08:19 dcook I remember thinking how Canadian alcohol was expensive (in comparison to American alcohol), but it is cheaper than Australian alcohol (which is cheaper than Norwegian alcohol)
08:19 dcook I'm going to the cinema tonight, but fortunately it's cheap night, so it'll be about 12 dollars instead of the usual 17-20
08:19 magnuse :-)
08:19 dcook These stats are also relative
08:19 dcook This website says Sydney is 17th most expensive, but I've read other articles that say it's the 5th
08:20 dcook And that Vancouver is the most expensive city in Canada, if not North America
08:20 * dcook shrugs
08:23 magnuse yeah, depends on what you measure, i guess
08:24 magnuse i hope we can have kohacon in norway one day, but i'm afraid prices will scare people from coming
08:25 magnuse but i guess we could always just tell people not to buy bottled water in shops...
08:25 dcook hehe
08:25 dcook I would love to have a Kohacon in Norway!
08:26 dcook I imagine that prices might scare people though :/
08:26 dcook Not sure
08:26 dcook But, I should be running
08:26 dcook Great talking as always :)
08:26 dcook Take care!
08:26 magnuse enjoy your movie dcook
08:26 magnuse gah, he's so quick...
08:49 drojf joined #koha
08:53 magnuse moin drojf
08:53 drojf hei magnuse
08:53 drojf and #koha
08:58 rangi hi magnuse and drojf
08:59 magnuse kia ora rangi
08:59 drojf hi rangi
08:59 magnuse MARC::Doc::Tutorial++
09:01 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 drojf 149 bugs need signoff again? you people work too much
09:10 * magnuse agrees :-)
09:10 magnuse good thing next gbsd is in less than 2 weeks
09:10 magnuse next gbsd?
09:10 wahanui i think next gbsd is[…]bug_squashing_day
09:10 drojf :)
09:11 magnuse but we do need to get more people squashing bugs
09:11 drojf i just wanted to say, it would be cool if more than ~3 people attend next time ;)
09:11 magnuse yup
09:11 rangi heh
09:12 rangi i did what i could
09:12 drojf i accidentally did 1/4 of the signoffs and i did not have time to take part really :D
09:12 magnuse will there be anything for potential new squashers at kohacon13?
09:12 rangi yep
09:13 rangi i think i did 9
09:13 rangi but yeah there will always be some waiting
09:13 rangi probably 150 unimarc ones by then
09:13 drojf lol
09:14 drojf i think we should drop unimarc support :P
09:14 magnuse hehe
09:14 drojf well, marc support in general, but unimarc is a start :D
09:14 magnuse yeah, let's do it while everyone at biblibre is on holiday :-)
09:16 drojf ;)
09:17 rangi magnuse: how feasible is it to convert marc2rdf on the fly
09:17 rangi ?
09:18 magnuse depends on what you mean by fly, of course, but it shouldn't be a big problem
09:18 rangi like if i made an page, gave it a marcxml blob
09:18 rangi could it convert it fast enough to render in reasonable time for a user?
09:18 magnuse yeah, i don't think that should be a problem
09:18 rangi (actually id probably do it with a tt plugin)
09:19 rangi [% marcxml | marc2rdf %]
09:19 rangi that would be pretty sweet
09:19 magnuse yup!
09:19 rangi cool
09:20 magnuse the big question is how you do the transformation
09:20 rangi[…]vocabularies/lod/
09:20 rangi basically i want to be able to make use of this when its ready
09:20 rangi magnuse: yeah
09:21 magnuse another question is how useful it is to have "save as rdf" option...
09:21 magnuse s/have/have a/
09:22 rangi i think that would be useful
09:22 rangi but more useful, would be able to do
09:22 rangi /svc/rdf/biblionumber
09:22 rangi ie, a nice restful api to hand out any given biblio as rdf
09:23 magnuse what are you going to do with the rdf?
09:23 rangi havent got that far yet
09:23 magnuse hehe :-)
09:23 rangi but if we allow for anyone to be able to get rdf out of a koha library
09:23 magnuse my preferred workflow is described here:[…]a_RFC#First_steps
09:23 rangi then smart people can ingest it and use it
09:24 magnuse that is true!
09:24 magnuse it's based on a lot of effort put into this at the Oslo Public Library
09:24 rangi *nod*
09:24 magnuse and especially this tool:
09:25 magnuse (which is written in ruby and which i am having some trouble getting to run at the moment...)
09:25 rangi yep im thinking i might have to port it to perl
09:25 drojf yay
09:25 magnuse that would be awesome!
09:25 rangi[…]ogies/228-marimba
09:26 rangi there's also this
09:26 * magnuse would be glad to help
09:26 rangi but thats java
09:26 * magnuse shivers
09:27 magnuse ooh, hadn't seen marimba
09:27 rangi marc2rdf uses some perl already
09:27 rangi and marc::record
09:27 wahanui i think marc::record is[…]ib/MARC/
09:27 rangi and ill skip all the web frontend stuffs
09:27 magnuse yeah, for some data cleaning
09:28 magnuse yeah, that makes sense, i think
09:28 magnuse the central part of the transformation process should not be too hard to port
09:28 magnuse it's based on a config file, so it's just a matter of walking through the config and the record and doing the right steps
09:29 rangi thats what im hoping
09:29 rangi[…]aster/marc2rdf.rb
09:29 rangi seems to be the main control
09:29 rangi and rdfmodeler.rb
09:30 rangi the main library
09:30 rangi theres gotta be a bunch of rdf modules for perl
09:31 rangi
09:31 magnuse there are
09:31 magnuse i don't think that page has been updated for a while
09:31 rangi yeah
09:32 magnuse there seem to be sevarl things that build on RDF::Trine
09:32 rangi so basically
09:32 magnuse i actually looked around a bit for relevant perl modules the other day
09:33 rangi so the spanish one
09:33 magnuse App::perlrdf looked interesting
09:33 rangi seems to do marc2mods2rdf
09:34 rangi and marc2rdf does marc to yaml to rdf
09:34 magnuse it would be super-cool if a prl implementation could use the same config files as marc2rdf for the mapping, then we could at least collaborate with them on the mapping-work
09:35 magnuse it's been a while since i looked at the internals of marc2rdf
09:35 magnuse i know the mapping/config is stored in yaml
09:35 rangi yeah
09:36 magnuse example mapping:[…]tes/mappings.json
09:36 rangi[…]ods2rdf.xslt?r=19
09:36 rangi so if you can get marc 2 mods
09:36 rangi then you can use xslt to get it to rdf
09:37 rangi that will be why they went that route
09:37 magnuse ah
09:38 rangi tbh, id prefer a yaml mapping
09:38 rangi or json like that
09:38 rangi xslt annoys me
09:39 rangi cool, i have lots of ideas
09:39 rangi now i just need time
09:39 magnuse hehe
09:39 * magnuse sends rangi some time
09:45 magnuse rangi: i started an attempt at re-doing marc2rdf in perl a while back: it might be more confusing than helpful, though...
09:46 magnuse gah, i used RDF::Redland, which seems not to have been updated since 2006
09:54 rangi :)
09:54 rangi its a start
09:54 rangi its always good to read what others have done
09:55 magnuse last week i worked on an absolutely minimal poc semantikoha
09:55 magnuse just a way to query a triplestore and show the results in the opac
09:57 rangi ah awesome
09:57 magnuse[…]ommits/linkeddata
09:58 magnuse i hope to have something useful this week
09:58 magnuse then i'll submit it as an "experimental feature" and see what heppens ;-)
09:59 rangi sweet :)
10:01 magnuse or next week - it's a "lunch project"
10:06 rangi yeah
10:06 rangi lunch projects are usually the best features
10:06 magnuse hehe
10:06 jcamins rangi: I think there's a MARC2RDF stylesheet from someone on Code4lib, actually.
10:07 rangi cool jcamins id be interested to take a look
10:08 rangi who has an android phone?
10:08 rangi <-- tried that?
10:08 drojf later
10:09 jcamins There's also a Perl-only script from Cambridge.
10:10 jcamins And each record takes about 0.015 seconds with it.
10:10 jcamins
10:10 rangi sweet i can live with that
10:10 rangi thanks jcamins
10:15 jcamins Actually, I should make an RDF ingester. I think Titan can actually load RDF directly, which would be very convenient.
10:15 magnuse[…]master/conversion looks interesting
10:17 * rangi heads to sleep
10:19 jcamins magnuse: do you have any screenshots of your work?
10:20 magnuse jcamins: nope, not yet
10:21 magnuse ad the idea is to make it very configurable, so there will be little to see out of the box
10:21 jcamins Yeah, but I see you added a template and I can't figure out what it displays.
10:22 magnuse it evals a template that is fetched from the triplestore
10:22 magnuse which in turn evals any number of other templates, also from the triplestore
10:23 jcamins So you're storing TT in the triplestore?
10:24 magnuse yup
10:24 magnuse not sure it's a good idea, but the goal is to hardcode as little as possible
10:27 * magnuse needs lunch
11:01 * magnuse found lunch and devoured it
11:02 jcamins Yay!
11:02 jcamins What was lunch?
11:03 magnuse same old
11:04 magnuse two pieces of bread
11:04 magnuse one with pickled herring and one with cheese
11:04 magnuse typical norwegian lunch
11:05 magnuse (don't be fooled by the "smørgåsbord" you will get at hotels etc :-)
11:05 magnuse the cheese was[…]NOK&initList=MIT1|517002|MIT2|517011|IdTbl||IdNoTbl|0|​IdNoDoc||initListCC|bEnadjejchobvlfU - very nice, but a little too ripe
11:14 magnuse wow, strong contender for the prize of "ugliest URL"
11:15 jcamins Hehe. Yes it is.
11:17 jwagner joined #koha
11:35 drojf joined #koha
11:35 drojf hello again ;)
11:38 magnuse moinagain drojf
11:39 nengard joined #koha
11:39 drojf heiagain magnuse :D
11:40 magnuse :-)
11:40 drojf have you and rangi fixed marc2rdf?
11:40 drojf are we there yet?
11:40 drojf ;)
11:41 drojf or should we start with marc2rda? :D
11:43 magnuse lol
11:43 magnuse stay tuned...
12:06 oleonard joined #koha
12:10 oleonard Hey #koha
12:10 drojf hi oleonard
12:18 oleonard Joubu: Regarding Bug 10649, my intention isn't to duplicate files in the long term, just during the transition period while I submit patches updating all the affected pages
12:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10649 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Upgrade DataTables and move scripts out of theme directory
12:21 Joubu oleonard: Hi! Yes, it is what I understood. But is not it more interesting to move the 2 js files and change the paths in tt file on a different bug?
12:22 drnoe1 joined #koha
12:30 tcohen joined #koha
12:30 tcohen morning #koha
12:39 drojf hi tcohen
12:39 tcohen vacation drojf?
12:39 drojf not really, why?
12:40 tcohen i just thought every1 was on vacation in europ
12:40 tcohen e
12:40 drojf everyone but me :/
12:41 tcohen hmm
12:47 magnuse and me
12:53 sophie_m and me :-)
12:54 tomas_ joined #koha
12:56 jcamins If I were in Europe I'd be on vacation.
12:58 * jcamins wishes he were in Europe.
12:59 * oleonard too
12:59 oleonard Boy the catalogers here are in a heckuva tizzy about RDA.
13:00 jcamins oleonard: who can blame them? They have to learn absurd new standards to produce records that will be of less use to anyone.
13:00 oleonard Are any of the big ILS companies modifying their systems to use RDA?
13:01 oleonard Or is RDA just a different way of making MARC records for all intents and purposes?
13:02 jcamins The latter.
13:03 oleonard Is there some ideal future in which RDA records enable computerized systems to work better because the data is more computer-friendly?
13:04 druthb only in science fiction, oleonard.
13:05 oleonard So uh... What is the point?
13:05 jcamins No, RDA will make things worse.
13:06 oleonard So this oncoming RDA train is going to crash into our cataloging department and cause chaos and misery with no benefit?!
13:06 jcamins Right.
13:06 jcamins Well...
13:07 jcamins I suppose the RDA committee gets to look good for coming up with a new standard?
13:07 drojf also, money
13:08 druthb drojf!
13:08 wahanui i think drojf is from Germany and developing Koha on a raspberry pi!
13:08 druthb o/
13:08 drojf druthb! :)
13:08 oleonard Why are my catalogers always bringing up FRBR and RDA in the same breath? Is that correct?
13:09 jcamins Because the justification for RDA was FRBR.
13:09 drojf that sounds like a 'but'
13:10 jcamins Well, FRBR is a profoundly badly designed "framework" that is unlikely to actually work, and it's unclear how RDA is supposed to actually help.
13:11 * oleonard stages a bloody coup to install jcamins as King of World Cataloging
13:12 * jcamins is all for that.
13:13 * drojf approves
13:13 druthb +1
13:13 jcamins First thing we do, let's kill all the MARC.
13:13 druthb I'm all for it, even if jcamins and I disagree somewhat on the value of FRBR.  I see it as a teeny step in the right general direction—away from MARC.
13:15 oleonard Maybe we should just revert to Koha 1.0 and start over?
13:15 * druthb shudders
13:16 drojf back to the card catalog. with cards everyone writes as they please
13:16 drojf you got a save job if you are the only person that understands the system :)
13:17 druthb Shelve books by color.  Or height.  Or height within color; that'd make a pretty pattern.
13:17 drojf aaaw i like it :)
13:19 druthb *IF* the FRBR framework could be more-or-less implemented—and that itself is a pretty shady proposition—then you *could* do some fairly interesting deep-linking of information that patrons might find useful for exploration.  But not with our current cataloging practice of "every cataloger for themself."  You'd need some kind of jumbo repository to get a whole lot of value.
13:19 druthb And OCLC is proof of how well *that* works.  Bah.
13:20 druthb All that RDA really does is give a checkbox on the Buzzword Bingo card, while preserving the really lame status quo.
13:21 jcamins I disagree. Every cataloger for themself is not the problem. The problem is lack of relationship representation, and no amount of centralization is going to address the underlying issue, FRBR notwithstanding.
13:21 jcamins Oh, BTW, the difference between groups 2 and 3 was explained to me over the weekend.
13:22 druthb oh?
13:22 jcamins The reason they're different is because NACO and SACO are different.
13:22 druthb But of course.
13:22 * druthb shakes her head.
13:23 jcamins Which, depending on your way of looking at things, was started in 1902 or 1977.
13:24 magnuse bottom line: MARC sucks because it's all just text (as in fiction) - no useful identifiers, no useful relationships
13:24 * druthb waves to magnuse, and offers a cookie
13:27 * magnuse accepts the cookie and waves back
13:27 * magnuse figures out he has wasted half a day because of occasional trailing whitespace in 001
13:28 maximep joined #koha
13:38 drojf isn't there a song about that? "kill all the whitespace" or something
13:39 druthb "or something."
13:39 drojf why yes, 40KB/s is more than enough wifi bandwidth. thanks for asking, university wifi.
13:41 oleonard What do you expect from that poor 56K modem anyway?
13:41 drojf it's 60 now. ISDN? :D
13:42 * drojf should have snickerses
13:44 oleonard XSLT needs a different image to represent "Three-dimensional artifact or naturally occurring object" The "filmstrip" one doesn't quite fit :P
13:44 oleonard[…]blionumber=288318
13:44 druthb picture of a moon rock?
13:45 talljoy joined #koha
13:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #176 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:45 * druthb switches to MARC view, out of morbid curiosity.
13:45 oleonard I'm going through the famfamfam icons looking for something appropriate. A car? A cell phone? A football?
13:47 oleonard Oh, maybe a Lego?
13:47 druthb That'd work!
13:50 drojf1 joined #koha
13:52 tomas_ does anyone know what is "returndate" used fr in the items table? (i'd understand for old_issues)
13:52 tomas_ maybe renewals¿
13:54 jcamins I think just return date, so it should always be empty.
13:54 jcamins But oldissues and issues need to have the same structure.
13:54 jcamins Wait.
13:54 jcamins You said items not issues.
13:54 jcamins Not sure.
14:00 tomas_ i meant issues jcamins :-D
14:11 rambutan joined #koha
14:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10712: Save missing config variables to install log <[…]0ece80a61a69ccc50>
14:18 oleonard Oh there's already a bug for that realia icon thing: Bug 9706
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9706 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , xslt icon for artifacts isn't quite right
14:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10614 - have add order form at top and bottom <[…]8ccc13329f20eeefc>
14:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #176: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/176/
14:25 jenkins_koha * Sophie Meynieux: Bug 10127 : should tar only pdf files
14:25 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 10563: Fix broken 'Edit' link on check expiration page
14:25 jenkins_koha * Chris Hall: bug10246 adding OPAC details items table classes
14:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10127 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , should tar only pdf files
14:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10563 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Link to edit subscription from 'check expiraton' page is broken
14:26 magnuse @later tell rangi: feel free to adopt/adapt bug 7236 if you like!
14:26 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
14:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #35 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
14:28 meliss joined #koha
14:30 christophe_c left #koha
14:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #1355 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1353 23 hr ago)
14:30 mcooper joined #koha
14:32 gmcharlt tcohen: does koha-create now require /bin/bash rather than /bin/sh (which typically is a symlink to /bin/dash or /bin/bash)?
14:34 meliss left #koha
14:35 meliss joined #koha
14:37 gmcharlt tcohen: nevermind, I've convinced myself that the Debian policy doesn't care
14:37 meliss left #koha
14:38 meliss joined #koha
14:43 meliss left #koha
14:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8507: (follow-up) fix one reference to __ZEBRA_BIBLIOS_CFG__ <[…]8a6c0e7047f1e0df5> / Bug 8507: koha-create now supports using DOM indexing for bibs <[…]7b100f8913074835a>
14:54 oleonard If we add an icon specifically for 'Three-dimensional artifact or naturally occurring object' should that be the corresponding label? Or is there a more succinct label we could use?
14:55 jcamins The succinct label is "realia."
14:55 jcamins I'm not sure that's an improvement.
14:57 oleonard No one knows that word outside of the world's cataloging dungeons
14:57 oleonard (first order ob business after jcamins becomes King of Cataloging, institute mandatory cataloging dungeons)
14:58 jcamins Agreed.
15:07 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #35: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/35/
15:07 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 10712: Save missing config variables to install log
15:07 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10614 - have add order form at top and bottom
15:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10712 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , Some values not saved in koha install log
15:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10614 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , have add order form at top and bottom
15:07 jenkins_koha Starting build #36 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
15:19 phasefx joined #koha
15:31 hankbank joined #koha
15:41 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
15:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1355: FIXED in 1 hr 11 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1355/
15:41 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 10712: Save missing config variables to install log
15:41 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10614 - have add order form at top and bottom
15:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10712 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , Some values not saved in koha install log
15:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10614 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , have add order form at top and bottom
15:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #1356 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
15:47 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #36: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/36/
15:47 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 8507: koha-create now supports using DOM indexing for bibs
15:47 jenkins_koha * Mirko Tietgen: Bug 8507: (follow-up) fix one reference to __ZEBRA_BIBLIOS_CFG__
15:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8507 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , koha-create should be updated to use DOM indexing for bib
15:53 oleonard If I have IndependentBranches enabled shouldn't I be prevented from checking out an item from Branch A to a patron at Branch B?
15:54 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:54 rambutan joined #koha
15:55 oleonard Oh never mind, I superlibrarianed my staff account.
16:11 tcohen hi gmcharlt
16:12 gmcharlt hi tcohen
16:12 tcohen do u want me to fix the shell thing?
16:13 gmcharlt I don't think it's worth bothering with (unless we think there are non-Debian platforms that would use the control scripts that don't have bash)
16:13 tcohen which we should start thinking of
16:13 gmcharlt indeed
16:14 tcohen ok, i'll check and maybe fill a new bug
16:14 gmcharlt but I can't think of any off the top of my head that wouldn't have /bin/bash
16:14 tcohen rangi said he uses csh
16:14 tcohen but i guess he has bash installed
16:15 tcohen ok, next in the queue: memcached for packages
16:21 tcohen oleonard: would u use jqplot for a circulation statistics dashboard
16:21 tcohen ?
16:22 oleonard tcohen: I'm not familiar with the options tcohen so I don't have an opinion.
16:23 oleonard IndependentBranches is weird. Why am I blocked from checking out an item from another branch, but not blocked from checking out to a patron from another branch?
16:24 oleonard Why do my patron searches not return patrons from other branches, but I'm not prevented from viewing or checking out to patrons from other branches (given their card number or borrowernumber)
16:25 oleonard Are the users of the IndependentBranches setting simply accustomed to it working imperfectly?
16:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7785: (follow-up) standardize POD <[…]148a217d738236d7e> / Bug 7785: remove MySQL-specific syntax from C4::Members::columns() <[…]0fa1e3f5b8bffcff3>
16:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #37 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
16:49 tcohen gmcharlt: would bug 10549 break stuff for some people using stable?
16:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10549 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Master , ILS-DI should not use ISO-8851-9 encoding
16:49 tcohen (i mean, if pushing would break)
16:49 oleonard Wasted effort: attaching a patch that isn't a patch, for an out of date version, and not setting the bug to 'needs signoff.' Bug 8474 you are a disaster.
16:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8474 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Holds done by librarians cause silent errors in koha-error_log
16:51 gmcharlt tcohen: I doubt it, assuming that the ILS-DI clients are parsing the XML responses correctly
16:51 tcohen ok
16:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1356: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 11 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1356/
16:54 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 8507: koha-create now supports using DOM indexing for bibs
16:54 jenkins_koha * Mirko Tietgen: Bug 8507: (follow-up) fix one reference to __ZEBRA_BIBLIOS_CFG__
16:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8507 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , koha-create should be updated to use DOM indexing for bib
16:55 melia joined #koha
16:55 meliss joined #koha
16:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #1357 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1355 2 hr 26 min ago)
16:58 tcohen oops
17:04 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #37: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/37/
17:04 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 7785: remove MySQL-specific syntax from C4::Members::columns()
17:04 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 7785: (follow-up) standardize POD
17:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7785 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , MySQL-specific syntax in C4::Members columns()
17:05 drojf joined #koha
17:06 rambutan joined #koha
17:34 magnuse ooh, we have a master_maria?
17:59 rambutan joined #koha
18:05 drojf1 joined #koha
18:08 * druthb tapes drojf to his chair
18:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1357: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 14 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1357/
18:10 jenkins_koha * Mark Tompsett: Bug 7785: remove MySQL-specific syntax from C4::Members::columns()
18:10 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 7785: (follow-up) standardize POD
18:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7785 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , MySQL-specific syntax in C4::Members columns()
18:10 jenkins_koha Starting build #79 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:50 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #79: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/79/
18:50 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9362: fix query that finds upcoming due loans
18:50 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 10541: enable cross-browser AJAX in additem.js
18:50 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10515: make behavior of library category fetchers consistent with other fetchers
18:50 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10515: add regression tests
18:50 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10515: (follow-up) fix use of GetBranchCategories
18:50 jenkins_koha * Mirko Tietgen: bug 10549: make the ILS-DI services advertise that they return UTF-8
18:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9362 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , Wrong query in GetUpcomingDueIssues (
18:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10541 major, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Enable cross-browser AJAX in additem.js
18:50 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10549: (follow-up) make sure ILS-DI GetAvailability response is emitted as UTF-8
18:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10515 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , The prototype for GetBranchCategory and GetBranchCategories is not consistent
18:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10549 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Stable , ILS-DI should not use ISO-8851-9 encoding
18:51 jenkins_koha Starting build #1358 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1355 4 hr 21 min ago)
19:07 nengard left #koha
19:27 oleonard Just saw a bug report that had 55 votes! Why isn't it fixed yet?!!
19:32 gmcharlt a very poor exchange rate between votes and tuits?
19:32 gmcharlt which one, out of curiosity?
19:36 oleonard Bug 5316
19:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5316 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Limit Z39.50 targets to specific users
19:36 tcohen joined #koha
19:37 oleonard It's assigned to you gmcharlt, so I guess you're to blame!
19:37 * gmcharlt dies of shame
19:38 gmcharlt ... not
19:38 * druthb chucks skittles at oleonard.
19:38 druthb No cookies for you!
19:38 oleonard Yeah, killing the RM is very bad form.
19:38 gmcharlt I'll say!
19:38 gmcharlt ;)
19:40 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:46 rangi tcohen: zsh, not csh
19:49 tcohen :-D
19:50 tcohen hi rangi
19:52 rangi hiya
19:52 tcohen dolphin
19:53 tcohen booked yesterday :-D
19:54 gmcharlt rangi: thanks for clarifying that, my raised eyebrow needed a rest! ;)
19:56 mtompset joined #koha
19:56 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
19:56 mtompset Quick question, should there ever be a sth->finish() call made in the koha code?
19:57 oleonard Only at the very very end of Koha.
19:58 mtompset I was looking at a git diff origin/master on one of my branches, and noticed a whole bunch of sth->finish()'s added to C4::Classsource
19:58 tcohen but not in a class file right?
19:58 mtompset ClassSource, sorry.
19:59 mtompset And the prepare's were changed to prepare_cached. What's the difference between the two?
20:00 gmcharlt mtompset:[…]pm#prepare_cached
20:01 maximep cached were changed to prepare, iirc. I think you inversed your diff :p
20:01 maximep and finish removed
20:01 maximep[…]0057df300d9c6b9c3
20:04 oleonard It'd be nice if Bugzilla had a way of saying that a bug was awaiting the comment of a specific person or persons
20:05 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
20:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1358: FIXED in 1 hr 14 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1358/
20:05 rangi tcohen: im in dolphin too :)
20:05 oleonard dolphin?
20:05 wahanui dolphin is great :)
20:06 rangi dolphin tower at the hotel for kohacon
20:06 rangi gmcharlt: yeah i like zsh because of the shared history (and for lots of other reasons)
20:07 gmcharlt rangi: sure; I just was ... confused at that thought that you might be using classic csh :)
20:09 mtompset Ah, must have inversed somehow. Okay, my master does have that patch, which ends my confusion. :)
20:09 mtompset maximep++ # thanks for the bug number
20:11 * druthb waves to mtompset.
20:14 drojf damn all you crossposters
20:14 rangi gmcharlt: heh not for a long long time
20:14 cait joined #koha
20:14 druthb cait!
20:14 cait druthb!
20:14 * druthb huggles cait
20:14 drojf druthb!
20:14 cait drojf!
20:14 druthb drojf!  :D
20:14 drojf cait!
20:16 tcohen she's back!
20:16 mtompset Greetings, druthb cait drojf rangi gmcharlt maximep oleonard tcohen etc. :)
20:16 drojf is that greeting spam? ^^
20:16 drojf hi mtompset :P
20:17 tcohen maybe a SEO trick?
20:17 drojf lol
20:17 mtompset drojf: Are you trying to incite a riot against me being polite and acknowledging those who I know are here? :P
20:19 drojf that's what an automatic reply would say :P
20:19 mtompset Would an SEO trick require putting everything in caps, and lower, and mixed, and repeating it in hex, ascii, unicode, and a few other ways? ;)
20:19 mtompset No, because an automatic reply wouldn't be as delayed as I was.
20:20 drojf that's what an delayed automatic reply would say, trying to be clever
20:20 mtompset And an automatic reply would also programme for arguing with %s? ;)
20:20 drojf lol
20:21 cait drojf++
20:21 * tcohen is amazed watching Koha's history through gource
20:21 cait tcohen: i love that :)
20:21 drojf cait: how's the holiday business going
20:21 drojf ?
20:24 cait hm
20:24 cait hamburg dungeon check
20:24 cait miniature wonderland check
20:24 cait rocky musical check
20:24 drojf woah
20:24 drojf you've seen everything
20:24 drojf better take a day off :)
20:25 drojf the hamburg dungeon… is like the london dungeon with more hitler? (or less, maybe)
20:26 cait it's a horror thing wiht actors
20:27 cait a little free fall
20:27 cait a bit of water fun
20:27 cait takes 100 minutes - was quite good
20:27 drojf oh, then it's very different
20:27 drojf i only remember the london thing because i found pictures of that a while ago. don't actually remember being in there :D
20:28 cait i would be worreid about that
20:28 cait but i have been in hamburg for work before... and i recognized nothing so...
20:28 drojf see
20:28 drojf :D
20:31 oleonard Hi cait, and bye #koha
20:31 cait bye oleonard...
20:31 cait too slow ... again.
20:33 tcohen_ joined #koha
20:51 kathryn joined #koha
21:01 kathryn morning :)
21:02 cait morning kathryn
21:02 cait :)
21:02 kathryn hi cait :)
21:05 gmcharlt joined #koha
21:05 huginn` joined #koha
21:05 francharb joined #koha
21:06 francharb left #koha
21:34 laurence left #koha
21:36 gmcharlt @quote random
21:36 huginn` gmcharlt: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
21:36 cait @quote random
21:36 huginn` cait: Quote #150: "<libsysguy> jcamins is the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra" (added by wizzyrea at 03:07 PM, August 30, 2011)
21:36 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
21:36 gmcharlt must have been funnier in context
21:37 wizzyrea which, the template one?
21:37 gmcharlt yeah
21:37 wizzyrea no I think that was pre wahanui days
21:38 wizzyrea so we wanted to keep that bit of code handy
21:38 wizzyrea :)
21:38 cait yeah, just a way to remind myself of that :)
21:38 gmcharlt ah, got it
21:38 wizzyrea @quote random
21:38 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #73: "<chris_n> owen: try /msg munin identify nick password" (added by owen at 12:38 PM, April 29, 2010)
21:38 wizzyrea ^ same deal, actually
21:38 gmcharlt heh
21:38 rangi[…]n/
21:38 wizzyrea it's boring quote day!
21:39 wizzyrea oooooo
21:39 rangi this is going to be the basis of
21:39 gmcharlt @quote add <wizzyrea> it's boring quote day!
21:39 huginn` gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.  Quote #269 added.
21:39 rangi Koha::MARC2RDF
21:39 cait @quote random
21:39 huginn` cait: Quote #175: "*oleonard is waiting for a good scientist -> hulk patron category transition script" (added by wizzyrea at 03:44 PM, January 04, 2012)
21:39 wizzyrea \o/
21:39 wizzyrea ok that one was funny
21:39 rangi actually now
21:39 rangi no
21:40 * jcamins laughed.
21:40 rangi[…]
21:40 rangi that one
21:40 wahanui i think that one is down more often than up
21:40 gmcharlt *snort*
21:40 wizzyrea some day I'm going to have a reason to git checkout all-the-things
21:41 wizzyrea @quote get random
21:41 huginn` wizzyrea: Error: 'random' is not a valid id.
21:41 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
21:41 wizzyrea @quote random
21:41 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #35: "<sekjal> it seemed like a good idea at the time...." (added by jwagner at 06:58 PM, September 17, 2009)
21:41 wizzyrea doesn't it always
21:41 gmcharlt indeed
21:42 rambutan @seen sekjal
21:42 huginn` rambutan: sekjal was last seen in #koha 14 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <sekjal> our camera was put up late this year; the eggs were already there when we installed
21:43 wizzyrea sadface
21:43 rambutan indeed
22:16 cait left #koha
22:27 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:29 trea joined #koha
22:33 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:34 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:36 trea joined #koha
23:03 maximep left #koha
23:46 papa joined #koha
23:47 dcook joined #koha
23:48 dcook morning #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary