IRC log for #koha, 2013-05-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6413 - QA Followup - Remove extra table column header <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]2a0e1040386d45d90> / Bug 6413 - QA Followup - Add notes for 'Pay selected' <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]ebb88281b442113b3> / Bug 6413 follow-up: fixing capital case & tabs <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;
00:03 eythian hi
00:15 eythian jcamins: don't suppose you're around?
00:22 tcohen wahanui: release maintenance is http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]lease_maintenance
00:22 wahanui OK, tcohen.
00:22 tcohen release maintenance?
00:22 wahanui hmmm... release maintenance is http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]lease_maintenance
00:22 rangi sweet
00:23 tcohen is WIP rangi, but at list I sumarized what u told us
00:23 rangi chris n did it too
00:24 rangi i think its a crazy chris thing
00:24 * cjh gulps
00:24 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1189: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 13 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1189/
00:24 tcohen heh
00:24 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 8215 - Course Reserves
00:24 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8215 follow-up encoding for branches & itemtypes
00:24 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 8215: Followup FIX QA issues
00:24 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 8215 - Add Course Reserves - QA Followup
00:24 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8215 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add Course Reserves
00:24 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 8215: Followup Fix confirmation links for delete course and item
00:24 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 8215: FIX ergonomic issue : 'Unchanged()'
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) run new files through perltidy
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) make sure C4::CourseReserves doesn't export anything
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) don't allow deleting course reserves from OPAC
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) avoid SQL syntax error in logs
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) rename GetItemReservesInfo
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) remove extraneous underscore in template
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: DBRev 3.13.00.001 for course reserves
00:24 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 8215: (followup) avoid spurious warning in Apache log
00:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #44 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:28 rangi hmm why didnt the db change kick in
00:28 rangi + ./installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl
00:28 rangi DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't create table 'koha.#sql-620e_4a2c2' (errno: 150) at ./installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 6878.
00:28 rangi DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't create table 'koha.#sql-620e_4a2c2' (errno: 150) at ./installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 6900.
00:29 rangi foreign key stuff
00:29 gmcharlt wheeee
00:29 tcohen as long as you don't take on release maintenance, you are safe cjh
00:29 rangi that might need to be tested on a populated db
00:30 rangi or at least more populated
00:30 cjh tcohen: glad I didnt make that mistake!
00:30 gmcharlt rangi: 'twas
00:30 rangi interesting
00:30 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
00:30 rangi wonder what the error is, ill investigate a bit later
00:30 tcohen oh, don't tell me... you... recently....
00:30 cjh it is too late for me :(
00:31 tcohen heh
00:31 gmcharlt rangi: yeah, I've observed on many occassions that MySQL won't create a FK on the first go
00:32 tcohen cjh, if you find things to improve in the proposed workflow i'd like to hear it
00:36 cjh have to have a read, looking forward to finding out how everything ticks :)
00:38 tcohen I forgot to mention we should *update bugzilla*
00:41 gmcharlt rangi: show innodb status (as the mysql root user) might help
00:50 tcohen bye #koha
00:57 rangi thanks gmcharlt will give that a try
01:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #44: SUCCESS in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/44/
01:08 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9508: Standardize the dateformat value from C4::Auth
01:08 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 9508 follow-up : replacing tabs by spaces
01:09 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9508 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , the dateformat variable is not standardized in template files
01:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #1190 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1188 6 hr 47 min ago)
01:14 verbiest joined #koha
01:17 zebran00b joined #koha
01:26 zebran00b So what does everybody think of the LibLime distro?
01:26 eythian ...
01:26 eythian ....
01:26 eythian !
01:26 zebran00b as I suspected
01:27 ibeardslee oh thanks we'd only just got eythian settled down after last time someone mentioned that ;)
01:28 zebran00b eythian: have you tried it?
01:28 eythian no
01:28 zebran00b neither have I but they seem... shifty
01:28 eythian yes
01:28 trea really? >.>
01:29 zebran00b trea: I don't really trust anyone who asks me for my email before letting me download "open source" software
01:29 trea ah k
01:30 zebran00b trea: never tried it, might be a good product, but their marketing department also was a bit frustrating by email
01:32 jcamins eythian: now I am.
01:32 zebran00b eythian: I figured out where I can place my wiki within my Koha instance - /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs. Is that messed up or is that decent?
01:32 eythian zebran00b: I wouldn't.
01:32 jcamins zebran00b: we think it's a shame that they call something so obviously not Koha "Koha."
01:32 eythian I'd set up apache properly to understand where you put it, and not put it somewhere where it could be upset by a future koha update.
01:33 eythian jcamins: just having some oddness with authority linking.
01:33 eythian i.e., some things aren't linking that I think should be.
01:33 jcamins Do you have an example?
01:36 eythian jcamins: from 690$a: <subfield code="a">Emergency Management Hazards and Disasters</subfield>
01:36 eythian and from the auth record:   <datafield tag="150" ind1=" " ind2=" ">
01:36 eythian <subfield code="a">Emergency Management Hazards and Disasters</subfield>
01:36 jcamins eythian: that's a 690.
01:37 eythian yep
01:37 eythian it's set up in the framework to link
01:37 jcamins Yeah, but C4::Linker doesn't respect the frameworks.
01:37 jcamins Since other than that C4::Linker is awesome, I used it anyway.
01:37 eythian that might be problematical.
01:38 jcamins Or whatever it's called.
01:38 jcamins Not C4::Linker.
01:38 jcamins C4::Heading?
01:38 eythian C4::Linker::LastMatch is what I last tried
01:39 eythian jcamins: any way I could make it work?
01:39 eythian it should really work for 690 anyway, given that's a topic term field.
01:39 jcamins eythian: right, I wrote C4::Linker. It's C4::Heading that's the problem.
01:39 jcamins Yeah, just add a mapping for 690.
01:40 jcamins There's a hash.
01:40 jcamins You'll know it when you see it.
01:40 eythian ah OK
01:40 jcamins C4::Heading::MARC21 or some such.
01:40 wizzyrea \o/
01:58 dani left #koha
02:16 zebran00b I plan to wipe my server and reinstall Koha. Can I copy over an admin settings file or something to restore my system preferences?
02:16 jcamins You can back up your database.
02:17 zebran00b system prefs are in there too?
02:17 jcamins Yep.
02:17 jcamins Everything.
02:17 wahanui i heard everything was grilled
02:18 jcamins Except, obviously, database credentials.
02:21 jcamins And any Zebra customizations.
02:22 jcamins And your wiki if you put it in the Koha tree (but don't do that!).
02:22 rangi just use Alias /wiki/ /where/the/stuff/is/
02:22 rangi dont actually put it in the tree
02:22 jcamins Right.
02:25 eythian http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tom7/pa[…]tom7whatwords.pdf <-- jcamins
02:26 jcamins lol
02:26 eythian it's quite the paper, I've put it aside for reading at a later time :)
02:27 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
02:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1190: FIXED in 1 hr 17 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1190/
02:27 jenkins_koha * Chris Hall: Bug 6413 Added ability to add a note when paying or writing off a fine
02:27 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6413 follow-up: fixing capital case & tabs
02:27 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 6413 - QA Followup - Add notes for 'Pay selected'
02:27 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6413 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Notes in Fines doing wonky things
02:27 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 6413 - QA Followup - Remove extra table column header
02:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #1191 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
02:29 jcamins That's kind of incredible.
02:30 rangi gmcharlt: you were right it worked the second time
02:48 jcamins Yikes. Apparently running Time Machine and a VirtualBox VM at the same time is a bad idea.
02:48 jcamins How much processing power should rsync really take?
02:48 trea all of it.
02:48 jcamins trea: oh, right.
02:49 jcamins Silly me.
02:51 zebran00b thanks rangi, jcamins. Yeah, I just figured out the Alias bit, thanks for confirming. I don't remember having any zebra customizations, and I'll probably write a new crontab...
02:52 jcamins zebran00b: i you're reinstalling, I have a suggestion.
02:52 jcamins Use packages.
02:52 jcamins *if
02:52 zebran00b yes, I was going to use the debian package
02:52 jcamins In that case, you will not need to edit crontab at all.
02:53 jcamins At least, not for Koha.
02:53 jcamins For other things, perhaps, but this is #koha not #otherthings. ;)
02:56 zebran00b really? Because that's been my whole problem with my current install, search isn't automatically indexing newly uploaded records
02:56 jcamins If that happens with packages, it means that you edited the crontab, thereby breaking things.
02:56 jcamins The packages are set up with indexing out of the box.
02:56 zebran00b i c
02:58 zebran00b jcamins: if I use the current stable version package, do I have to install anything like apache in debian before running the package? Or does it include that along with all dependencies?
02:58 wizzyrea packages?
02:58 wahanui rumour has it packages is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
02:58 wizzyrea ^^
02:58 wizzyrea read that
02:58 jcamins wizzyrea++ # beat me to it.
02:59 wizzyrea apache it should take care of, mysql it won't
03:00 zebran00b thx wizzyrea
03:00 wizzyrea but really - read the wiki page :)
03:01 zebran00b on it
03:31 eythian jcamins: if you're feeling like you have too much free time now, bug 10308 wants a signoff :)
03:31 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10308 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Authorities linker should handle the "local subject added entry" fields.
03:31 jcamins eythian: thanks, but I'm not. :P
03:31 jcamins And I'm taking a Koha break until June 1.
03:32 jcamins However, that'll be the first thing I sign off on after the hiatus. :)
03:32 eythian You'll be back before then. First the hands start shaking, then you'll have trouble forming words, then you'll notice you're putting an H book inbetween A and B, and your so-called hiatus will be over :)
03:32 jcamins lol
03:33 jcamins But not tonight.
03:33 jcamins Bedtime now.
03:33 jcamins Good night, #koha.
03:33 eythian later
03:33 gmcharlt eythian++
03:33 wizzyrea eythian++ hehe
03:33 trea :D
03:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1191: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1191/
04:13 dcook :S
04:13 dcook Can someone check a column name for me in the import_batches table?
04:14 cjh dcook: http://schema.koha-community.o[…]port_batches.html
04:14 dcook I just thought of that after I typed that, hehe
04:14 cjh :)
04:14 dcook Thanks :)
04:14 dcook Hmm, that looks wrong as well..
04:15 dcook Or maybe that is right...
04:15 * dcook flails
04:15 cjh probably one of those :)
04:15 cait joined #koha
04:15 dcook hehe
04:15 dcook hey ya cait
04:16 eythian wahanui: remind cait later
04:16 wahanui @later tell cait it's early, go back to bed
04:16 huginn wahanui: The operation succeeded.
04:16 wahanui huginn: what?
04:16 huginn wahanui: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
04:16 wahanui ...but i'll give you the answer as soon as rda is <reply>...
04:16 cait eythian: poor wahanui
04:17 eythian wahanui: poor wahanui is <reply>Will he ever win#
04:17 wahanui OK, eythian.
04:17 eythian wahanui: poor wahanui =~ s/#/?/
04:17 wahanui OK, eythian
04:17 cjh that works?
04:17 eythian course it does
04:18 cjh poor wahanui?
04:18 wahanui Will he ever win?
04:18 cjh excellent.
04:28 sanju joined #koha
04:29 cait wahanui botsnack cookies
04:29 wahanui thanks cait :)
04:29 mtj a little off-topic, but hey… -> http://twentytwowords.com/2013[…]lets-10-pictures/
04:30 dcook cjh: Issue with my backport. Balance is restored to the force :).
04:46 cait mtj: that looks quite dangerous
04:49 mtj yeah - if the tower fell the wrong way, it would certainly land on the people
04:51 * dcook thinks his fingers are almost too cold to type
04:51 dcook @wunder sydney, australia
04:51 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 14.0°C (2:30 PM EST on May 22, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
04:52 dcook Bah. This country needs to get some heaters...
04:53 eythian @wunder nzwn
04:53 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (4:00 PM NZST on May 22, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Falling).
04:53 eythian ha ha.
04:53 dcook Must be a first :p
04:58 cjh this morning I couldnt see the sky :(
04:58 dcook I just noticed the rain :(
04:58 cait raining here too
04:58 wizzyrea hey 15 is pleasant
04:59 cait @wunder Konstanz
04:59 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 9.2°C (6:55 AM CEST on May 22, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Windchill: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
05:02 eythian wahanui: wunder is <reply>http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20
05:02 wahanui ...but wunder is not really correct. wellington also has light rain. put that humidity up ;-)...
05:02 eythian wahanui: wunder is also <reply>http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/20
05:02 wahanui okay, eythian.
05:03 cait this light rain is going ot get me really wet on my way to work if it doesn't stop soon
05:11 mtj peeps, has anyone ever spotted a weird xslt error like this… -> http://koha.uac.bj/cgi-bin/koh[…]=41454&save=Allez
05:11 cait no
05:12 mtj ...ive just bumped into this, on a 3.10.4 koha
05:12 cait and it looks like the thing breaking it is german?
05:12 cait Biotechnologie...
05:13 eythian those darn Germans breaking things.
05:13 eythian and their germs.
05:13 cait aha
05:13 cait you forgot to mention the boring beer
05:13 eythian I did
05:15 mtj uac.bj's koha looks to be an old 3.0.1 version, but a similar bug looks to still exist
05:18 mtj tho, the difference is that i am getting a similar error on page 3, of a staff keyword search
05:19 mtj ie…  http://koha/cgi-bin/koha/catal[…]=foobar&offset=40
05:20 mtj so i guess there is some glitchy string in one of the bibs on page 3, thats causing xslt to barf
05:22 * dcook has been wondering what would happen in that case
05:23 dcook If you have bad data, your XSLT detail and search displays bust, no?
05:23 dcook The TT templates seem more forgiving
05:23 mtj some combo of punctuation is causing the xslt transform to blow up
05:23 dcook Or rather the perl scripts behind them
05:24 dcook Which might either be a bug in the XSLT or bad data?
05:28 mtj meh, fone...
05:29 mtj dcook, yeah, i think that might be the quick-fix for this situ - flick the staff-seach syspref back to TT
05:29 mtj … then try to debug the xslt glitch later
05:30 mtj hey cait, thanks for your suggestion too :)
05:32 mtj woah, i just noticed the end of this line...
05:32 mtj "You can adjust xsltMaxDepth (--maxdepth) in order to raise the maximum number of nested template calls and variables/params (currently set to 250)"
05:35 mtj 250 sounds like a lot - but i guess that includes everything, not just nested calls...
05:37 eythian it is a lot, but it's also not unreasonable for a declarative parsing language, where you might be handling big XML input files.
05:37 eythian it's probably a good "not likely to hit in real life, but not likely to use all the RAM if it is it" kinda point.
05:38 laurence joined #koha
05:46 lds joined #koha
05:47 mtj eythian, truth is, i'm not sure what file to edit , to bump that value
05:47 eythian mtj: it's not your issue
05:47 eythian it's the symptom of your issue
05:48 cait looks to me like there is a loop
05:48 eythian well, something is recursing infinitely I'd guess
05:48 cait have you checked the record that causes it and the function in slimUtils?
05:48 mtj yeah, i suspect that too, but would be nice to bump --maxdepth to 1000, to confirm that
05:48 cait i think just the same would happen
05:48 eythian pull out the marcxml and run the XSLT by hand
05:48 eythian and I agree with cait
05:49 cait must be a first :P
05:49 eythian :)
05:49 mtj im poking at the <xsl:template name="chopPunctuation">   function now
05:50 mtj …with some success (fingers crossed)
05:51 mtj s/function/template/ ? :)
05:51 eythian template I suppose
05:51 eythian it doesn't have funtions, per se.
05:52 mtj yeah, sorry - i'm a bit of a xslt noob
05:57 mtj yow, its a korean bib title, thats causing the fail
05:58 cait ah
05:58 cait interesting, why?
06:01 mtj hmm, not sure why yet...
06:01 murali joined #koha
06:01 murali hi everyone
06:03 murali I have installed koha 3.8.12.....i am unable to send uname and pwd for patrons while creating a new patron.....i ihave postfix mail server installed on my machine
06:03 murali please anyone help me
06:04 mtj murali, hmm, im not sure koha has that feature?
06:04 eythian I'm pretty sure it does
06:04 eythian though, I've never used it, I'm sure I've heard that it's there.
06:04 murali yeah u are ryt eythian
06:05 murali even i read it has that feature
06:05 murali but i am unable to send overdue notices also
06:05 eythian however, you'll have to explain a bit more.
06:06 eythian does any mail work from the machine at all?
06:06 eythian from koha?
06:06 eythian how did you install koha, with the packages or some other method?
06:06 murali some other method
06:06 murali http://kohageek.pbworks.com/w/[…]llation-on-ubuntu
06:07 murali the procedure in this link
06:08 eythian ah, I see.
06:09 murali can u pls help me in this regard
06:09 eythian you need to answer the other questions before anyone can help.
06:09 mtj eythian++, aaah thanks for the correction :)
06:10 murali what is the question u want to ask
06:10 mtj hey cait, i found the problem… was some glitchy(ish) title data in a record
06:10 eythian <eythian> does any mail work from the machine at all?
06:10 eythian <eythian> from koha?
06:11 murali no from koha  any mail is not working
06:11 mtj murali, eythian  is asking *you* what is the question u want to ask :)
06:11 eythian no I'm not
06:11 eythian I'm asking murali to answer the questions I already asked :)
06:11 cait mtj: it's activated in the sysprefs
06:12 cait mtj: globally, only works on manual creation of a new patron
06:12 eythian murali: that's not really an answer. Have you tested sending mail from the machine at all?
06:12 murali from terminal iam able to send mail
06:12 mtj eythian - oops, so you are :)
06:13 murali but from koha iam unable to send
06:13 eythian murali: OK, and that goes through postfix all happily?
06:13 murali thats what i dont understand actuaaly
06:13 drojf joined #koha
06:13 mtj cait, the problem bib's title was '설교의 역사 (1):'
06:13 murali the command i used is mail -s "subject"
06:14 drojf good morning #koha
06:14 cait mtj: hm, doesn't look too bad
06:14 eythian if you ahve a look in /var/log/mail.info when you do that, you'll see messages from postfix saying what's happening.
06:15 murali k i will check once.....
06:15 eythian I strongly suspect it is going through there.
06:17 murali smtp connect is failed is the error msg in var/log/mail.log
06:18 eythian OK, you're going to have to figure that out probably.
06:18 mtj cait, yeah… it doesnt look to bad ?!
06:18 eythian So you mean that you can't send mail from the terminal and have it go through?
06:18 murali and in koha_error_log the error is memberentry.pl: connect to smtp.gmail.com failed (Connection refused) no (more) retries!, referer: http://127.0.1.1:8000/cgi-bin/[…]mp;categorycode=O
06:18 murali if i use mailutils iam able to send mail through terminal
06:19 mtj if i edit the chopPunctuation template slightly, i fix the xslt crash
06:19 eythian well, Koha is attempting to send direct to gmail, which is not a good thing to be doing.
06:19 eythian I don't know why it'd do that.
06:19 mtj from  <xsl:when test="contains('.,;/: '
06:19 mtj to <xsl:when test="contains('.,;/:'
06:19 eythian did you change something in Koha to make it do that?
06:19 murali no ididn't change anything in koha
06:20 murali i have just installed postfix and tried to craete a new patron
06:20 mtj ie: removing the ' ' char, at the end
06:20 murali and this is the error msg in error log
06:20 eythian there's no reason I can think of that Koha would be trying to talk directly to gmail.
06:21 murali should i configure somethng in Mail::Sendpail.pm
06:21 eythian no
06:21 eythian did you change something there?
06:21 murali no
06:21 eythian hmm
06:22 eythian when you send from the terminal, you said it says "smtp connect is failed"
06:22 eythian but you also said it worked.
06:22 eythian Which is it?
06:22 mtj peeps, i gotta go - hope you get your problem sorted murali...
06:22 eythian later mtj
06:22 mtj cya, thanks for your help
06:23 murali i thought it worked
06:23 murali but it might not be working
06:23 eythian did the mail show up at the other end?
06:23 murali no
06:23 eythian that counts as "not working" to me :)
06:23 murali k
06:24 eythian your best bet is probably to configure postfix to send mail first.
06:25 murali do u have any idea how to configure postfix
06:25 murali to send mails
06:25 murali or else any links
06:25 eythian well, you can change its settings by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure postfix'
06:26 eythian but you'll have to talk to your network person about the information to give to it.
06:26 murali oh k
06:26 murali i will just try it
06:28 murali which option should i select "no configuration or Internet sites or Local only"
06:29 eythian that depends what you want to do with it. Probably the one that lets it talk either to the internet or via a smarthost.
06:30 eythian But to know which it is, you'll have to know how your network is set up.
06:31 murali iam not a regular linux user.......so please could you tell me how to know how my network is set up
06:32 eythian ask the person who set it up. How would you set up a mail client on your desktop computer? You need the same sort of information for sending mail here.
06:35 * eythian has to go now too
06:35 eythian bye all
06:36 murali http://kohageek.pbworks.com/w/[…]ces%20from%20Koha
06:36 murali i have installed post fix using this link
06:40 christophe_c joined #koha
06:40 christophe_c hello 3koha
06:41 * magnuse waves
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:46 wahanui privet, reiveune
06:48 cait bbl
06:54 drojf hi magnuse
06:54 alex_a bonjour
06:54 wahanui hola, alex_a
06:54 magnuse moin drojf
06:55 samueld joined #koha
06:55 samueld hi everybody :-)
06:57 drojf ihi samueld
06:57 drojf *hi
06:59 drojf woah a huge magpie claims my balcony
07:02 dcook Or at least whoever is implementing them...ugh
07:03 drojf would it be too much to to make it a rule for people with koha roles to regularly attend irc?
07:04 drojf s/to to/to
07:04 dcook Possibly, especially depending on the definition of regular
07:04 jajm hello
07:05 drojf dcook: i think a good start would be to try to attend more irc meetings than the one you are trying to get elected…
07:05 drojf hi jajm
07:06 dcook Good point, although that can be tough with timezone differences
07:06 magnuse timezones--
07:07 drojf there are likely 2 out of 3 that are possible, i guess
07:07 dcook For instance, for the next IRC meeting, I'll be commuting to work
07:07 dcook I do have an IRC client on my phone though...
07:07 drojf see ;)
07:07 dcook But, I would be opting into that, I think
07:07 dcook Last IRC meeting I did on my phone wasn't too much fun
07:07 drojf i remember slef taking part in a meeting on the phone, standing oitside in the rain :D
07:07 dcook I wound up walking the wrong way home :p
07:08 drojf lol
07:08 drojf we wouldn't want that
07:08 dcook Well, I didn't wind up too far away ;)
07:08 dcook Hmm, you might have a point here.
07:08 dcook IRC is pretty much the best way to communicate with folks, it seems
07:09 drojf anyway, if you plan to invest time in koha (like, being a manager of something), i think it would not be too much to ask to come here once in a while. eg. while you are working on your koha stuff
07:11 dcook I take it you have someone(s) in mind?
07:11 dcook Or is this just a general thought?
07:11 drojf atm i am not very happy about how the live dvd thing is turning out. i hope my mail to the list was not too unfriendly
07:12 drojf i am very sure i talked to vimal about the "use in production" thing before. and now it is what he promotes for "small libraries"
07:13 asaurat joined #koha
07:13 dcook Mmm, I just get the digests, so I haven't seen it yet
07:13 * dcook waves to asaurat
07:13 asaurat hi!
07:13 dcook Conflicting information is a tough one..
07:14 drojf bonjour asaurat
07:15 francharb joined #koha
07:16 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:17 gaetan_B hello
07:28 kf joined #koha
07:28 huginn GERMS!!!!
07:28 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
07:28 kf hmpf
07:29 drojf i'm happy they don't know about my germ_ness
07:30 kf undercover drojf germinator?
07:30 drojf looks like it. you are the only true germ :D
07:30 kf lol
07:32 dcook Hmm, I think it's home time for this misplaced Canadian
07:32 kf have a nice evening dcook
07:32 dcook Maybe I'll have to try installing Koha from the packages in a couple hours at home...
07:32 dcook thanks, kf. Have a nice day ^_^
07:32 drojf or you could use a live dvd ^^
07:33 drojf dear log reading person: do not use a live dvd. a package installation is a nice and easy thing to do.
07:35 dcook drojf: hehe
07:35 dcook I'm pretty excited for the packages.
07:35 dcook I wonder a bit how I could do localized packages, but I think jcamins and others have tools/info on that...
07:36 dcook Anyway, time for me to blow this popsicle stand
07:36 cjh and then gitify ;) </shameless_plug>
07:36 dcook night kf, drojf, et al.
07:36 drojf night d…
07:36 drojf too slow
07:37 cjh drojf++ documenting for the sake of log readers.
07:38 drojf :D
07:45 magnuse gitify?
07:45 wahanui somebody said gitify was at https://github.com/mkfifo/koha-gitify
07:45 kf oh nice
07:52 rangi drojf++ #good email
07:53 * magnuse upgrades a dev install to 3.13.00.001 and smiles at the upgrade message for 3.13.00.000
07:54 kf magnuse: same here this morning :)
07:55 cjh magnuse: sorry didnt see you ask, thankfully wahanui has it covered :)
07:55 cjh magnuse: gitify takes a koha-package install and makes it run from a git repo (instead of the /usr/share/ files)
07:58 zebran00b joined #koha
08:06 zebran00b rangi: u there?
08:06 wahanui there is a lot of clean up that could be done.
08:11 zebran00b any package experts awake?
08:25 mur joined #koha
08:32 mur hi
09:13 drojf yay, it starts to rain the minute i have to leave the house
09:14 drojf ugh. that is a lot of rain. maybe i postpone my departure a little
09:19 rangi well ive done my bit, you cant help those that don't want help
09:21 drojf true
09:22 rangi for the record i never said no dvd at kohacon, just that its a bad idea to use one that is not upgradable
09:23 rangi i also said no, im not going to make one
09:23 kf I read it like that :)
09:26 * drojf gives the "leave the house" thing another try. see you later #koha
09:36 rangi ok now hes annoying me, which means i should definitely not reply
09:38 * rangi files the mail away
09:38 * kf hands rangi the cookie jar
09:40 * rangi eats them all
09:41 kf lol
09:45 dcook_ joined #koha
09:46 dcook Muahaha
09:46 kf are you supposed to be here at this time of the day, dcook?
09:47 dcook Mmm, nope
09:47 rangi hes probably working on a livedvd
09:47 dcook Probably :p
09:47 dcook Just got home from work, so naturally I just installed Xchat and am getting ready to install Koha via the Debian packages
09:48 dcook You know...for a novel thing to do and all
09:48 dcook Must say that Xchat is much nicer on Linux than Windows...
09:51 dcook debian packages?
09:51 wahanui debian packages are at debian.koha-community.org
09:55 rangi packages?
09:55 wahanui it has been said that packages is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
09:58 dcook The first page links to it too, but thanks :)
09:59 dcook So far so good
10:13 dcook Ok. Everything installed. Time for configuration...
10:15 kf :)
10:15 dcook I'm significantly less confident now ;)
10:16 dcook If I'm not using DNS, do I still need to do "sudo a2enmod rewrite"?
10:16 rangi yes
10:16 dcook I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Thanks, rangi :)
10:16 kf indradg++
10:17 dcook "Run '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart' to activate new configuration!"
10:17 dcook But I haven't configured anything yet..
10:17 drojf joined #koha
10:18 kf you activated the module i think
10:18 dcook Yep, that's it
10:19 * magnuse gets his interwebs back
10:19 * magnuse cheers dcook on
10:19 dcook Thanks, magnuse :)
10:19 dcook "Listen on port 8080: $EDITOR /etc/apache2/ports.conf"
10:19 dcook Now if I were to modify my apache conf here...I'd need to restart afterward..
10:20 magnuse yup
10:20 kf indrag++
10:20 * dcook hasn't really played with apache config files since late 2011 :/
10:21 drojf yay package installation \o/
10:21 * magnuse thinks dcook missed out on a lot of fun, then
10:21 magnuse drojf++
10:22 dcook Ahh, I think I follow now..
10:23 dcook Almost
10:23 * dcook goes off to read more apache-specific pages
10:23 rangi ed is back
10:24 drojf dcook: if you are following the wiki, you'll have to restart apache a few times, or just at the end :)
10:24 dcook drojf: Yep, following the wiki
10:25 dcook I figure I'll probably just restart it at the end
10:29 dcook Hmm, I'm a bit stumped
10:30 dcook Oh well, moving on
10:40 dcook Hmm...
10:41 dcook Created my instance but no idea how to access it now
10:42 drojf did you do any dns stuff? if no, visit server-ip:8080
10:42 dcook I didn't do any dns stuff, but I also didn't make any changes for apache to listen to 8080
10:42 dcook As I couldn't remember how to do that ;)
10:43 drojf ah. i thought you were doing that when i came in
10:43 dcook I second-guessed myself in the end
10:43 drojf open /etc/apache2/ports.conf or what it is called and add 'Listen 8080' under 'Listen 80'
10:43 drojf and restart. that should be all
10:44 dcook Nice! I see a web installer!
10:44 dcook Danke, drojf!
10:45 drojf dcook: gern geschehen :)
10:46 * rangi heads to bed
10:46 kf night rangi :)
10:46 drojf night rangi
10:46 dcook night rangi
10:48 kf nice effect there - every nick being a bit longer :)
10:49 dcook drojf++
10:49 dcook I thought it might be as easy as putting Listen 8080, but I wasn't sure because of the NameVirtualHost bit having *:80
10:50 dcook Hmm, can't seem to access the OPAC...
10:54 dcook joined #koha
10:58 dcook joined #koha
10:59 dcook Just realized that there are no bib records in a fresh install so maybe zebra is working..
10:59 * dcook really should be out in the rain and not on the computer..
11:04 dcook Ack, out of time
11:04 dcook Thanks again rangi, drojf
11:05 dcook I'll have to look more at this on the weekend\'
11:22 magnuse koha_on_the_weekend++
11:34 jwagner joined #koha
11:43 magnuse @wunder boo
11:43 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 19.0°C (1:20 PM CEST on May 22, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
11:55 * dcook might try to sneak a bit more Koha in tonight...
12:03 dcook Hmm, zebra working. Yay!
12:04 dcook A bit laggy though.
12:04 dcook I guess it's rare that you'd catalogue a book and then want immediate access to it though
12:04 dcook Well, potentially rare...
12:06 jcamins dcook: koha-translate in 3.12 takes care of localizing the packages.
12:06 kf dcook: i think there was work on the indexer for the packages... maybe ask tcohen
12:07 dcook jcamins: I meant in terms of building my own packages
12:07 drnoe joined #koha
12:07 dcook kf: Good to know. I want to say there was always a bit of a delay though. We have custom zebra settings at work
12:07 jcamins Oh, you just build packages the same way that anyone else does.
12:07 dcook Still not able to access the OPAC following the Debian package install..
12:08 dcook jcamins: Yeah, I started looking through the wiki, and it mentioned a page to look at. Plus, I seem to remember you having a script in your git repo somewhere.
12:08 kf dcook: which url are you trying?
12:08 dcook Much more interested in accessing the OPAC than building packages at this point though
12:08 dcook Well, I access the staff client by going to 192.168.1.xxx:8080
12:09 dcook But when I try 192.168.1:80, it just gives me Apache's default page
12:09 dcook Which makes a certain amount of sense, I suppose..
12:09 jcamins dcook: `sudo a2dissite default`
12:09 dcook Mmm
12:10 kf ^^
12:10 jcamins Then restart Apache.
12:10 oleonard joined #koha
12:10 dcook You are a gentleman and a scholar, jcamins
12:10 dcook jcamins++
12:10 dcook Hey ya oleonard
12:10 oleonard Hi
12:10 dcook Whereabouts do the apache config files live for Debian installs?
12:10 dcook That don't use the...koha-sites.conf
12:11 jcamins /etc/apache2/sites*
12:13 dcook Beautiful!
12:13 wahanui it has been said that Beautiful! is that a "moving to jquery (ui)" thing?
12:13 dcook Many thanks again, jcamins :)
12:14 dcook Mmm, and sites-enabled is just a symlink...sweet
12:14 magnuse dcook: look at debian/build-git-snapshot if you want to build your own packages. it's fun!
12:14 * dcook claps
12:14 oleonard wahanui: forget Beautiful!
12:14 wahanui oleonard, I didn't have anything matching beautiful
12:14 oleonard wahanui: forget Beautiful\!
12:14 wahanui oleonard, I didn't have anything matching beautiful\
12:14 kf oleonard: why not let him keep ti? :)
12:15 * oleonard takes all of wahanui's toys for himself
12:15 magnuse dcook: the symlinks are created and destroyed by the a2ensite and a2dissite commands, respectively :-)
12:15 jcamins dcook: I use this: http://git.koha-community.org/[…]556cac832;hb=HEAD
12:15 jcamins (for building packages)
12:15 magnuse dbic++
12:17 kf oleonard: lol
12:18 kf oleonard: no pressure at all intended - but do you have a timeframe in mind for the new templates? :)
12:18 edveal joined #koha
12:18 jcamins oleonard: okay, maybe a little bit of pressure. :P
12:18 kf not from me- i am just curious :)
12:19 magnuse ooh, yes now we can start nagging oleonard about that ;-)
12:19 oleonard The only timeframe I have at the moment is that I want it in 3.14
12:19 kf yay :)
12:19 magnuse hehe
12:19 oleonard ...and I want it in with plenty of time for y'all to kick the tires.
12:19 magnuse good plan
12:19 magnuse even better! :-)
12:19 kf excellent :)
12:20 oleonard At this point I'm still not sure what the proper way of submitting it is.
12:20 kf hm git branch maybe?
12:20 kf we could make use of this pushed for qa status :)
12:21 kf oh
12:21 oleonard I talked before about having it replace CCSR, but I should probably submit it as a third theme for testing purposes.
12:21 kf wouldn't it 'must' be new files in a new theme directory?
12:21 kf just...
12:21 kf I think maybe naming it 'default' like someone suggested would be good
12:22 jcamins kf: I don't think "pushed for QA" would be necessary, since even without using that several patchsets that were developed in branches got in. :)
12:25 oleonard I'm going on the assumption that we want a new default theme, and that we don't want to support more than one theme anymore.
12:25 jcamins oleonard: both sound good to me.
12:25 oleonard My idea, to reiterate, is to replace CCSR with the new theme in 3.14
12:26 oleonard Then in 3.16 or whatever, drop prog and make the new theme default
12:26 jcamins Sounds good to me.
12:26 dcook oleonard++
12:27 kf oleonard: agreed - i was only wondering if we should drop ccsr directly or one release later
12:27 dcook All right. I think it's bedtime. Thanks again jcamins, kf, drojf, rangi, magnuse, and anyone I missed!
12:27 kf good night dcook
12:27 dcook Your help has been very much appreciated :)
12:28 dcook I think there is a new convert to using Debian packages ;)
12:28 kf dcook: the real fun starts when you do more than one instance :)
12:28 magnuse oleonard++
12:28 mtj i guess we still need to have some non-bootstrap theme in koha, for older web-browsers?
12:28 kf yep oleonard++ :)
12:29 kf mtj: so it's not degrading?
12:29 oleonard mtj: What problems do you see with older browsers?
12:29 jcamins mtj: why? The OPAC already doesn't work with anything older than IE6.
12:30 mtj hey, i'm completely fine with bootstrap :)
12:31 mtj but, other people on the lists were saying that bootstrap didnt run on their old browers
12:32 mtj …to which my reply would be 'well, upgrade your browser...?' :)
12:32 jcamins Yeah, if you're using IE5 (or even IE6), you need to not be using it anymore.
12:32 kf so what does happen if it does not run?
12:32 oleonard If I had my way we would drop support for IE7 too
12:32 kf i woudl guess it breaks part of the responsiveness
12:32 kf ?
12:33 jcamins kf: well, right now if you try to view the OPAC on IE5 all the Javascript breaks and it's a huge mess.
12:33 oleonard Older browsers can't do responsive, but that should just mean that the design isn't responsive.
12:33 jcamins And, yes, I know this from experience.
12:34 jcamins Same issue in Safari 1.
12:34 oleonard ...and if you're running IE5 on your phone, you've got serious issues we can't address. :P
12:34 jcamins lol
12:34 jcamins Very true.
12:34 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
12:34 kf oleonard: heh
12:35 mtj cool, i agree with all of that ^^
12:35 kf mtj: isn't it night for you?
12:36 kf mtj: according to your sleeping rhythm you should move to europe :)
12:38 oleonard Okay, so I'll treat my new theme as a third one for now so that it's easy to test alongside the stable ones.
12:38 jcamins Makes sense to me.
12:38 oleonard Lucky me, I get to play the "maintain your own custom theme" game for a while :)
12:38 mtj kf, yeah, 00:30 here -  i'm about to head to bed
12:44 drojf but... what if my windows live dvd system comes with IE5 and i want to keep using it?
12:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:46 NateC joined #koha
12:46 drojf windows 3.11 live floppy disk
12:47 jcamins lol
12:51 NateC 'ello
12:53 magnuse drojf: that's a question for the google group
12:53 oleonard Okay, I had patience enough to jump into the Live DVD thread yesterday, but now it's all gone.
12:54 jcamins lol
12:54 oleonard All of us who suggest that Live DVDs may not be the best way to run Koha in production are evil elitists and we're all wrong.
12:54 jcamins Yeah.
12:54 jcamins I am sending one e-mail.
13:15 magnuse jcamins++ for letting myshkin have a voice too ;-)
13:16 druthb g'mornin', #koha
13:18 NateC hey druthb!
13:18 kf jcamins++
13:18 kf well myshkin++ really
13:19 jcamins Cats are people too!
13:21 jcamins I could've used my own introduction to Koha as an example of why live cds are problematic.
13:21 jcamins Oh well.
13:23 jcamins That message was more than long enough anyway.
13:24 drojf jcamins: there will be plenty of time while the thread continues. wait till paul enters it
13:24 jcamins drojf: I'm done.
13:24 jcamins Ooh, mute!
13:24 jcamins I always forget about mute.
13:24 drojf :D
13:25 jcamins Done.
13:25 * jcamins leaves.
13:25 NateC So Huntsville County Library System has just signed on for an implementation and ongoing support for Koha
13:26 NateC the significance of this?
13:26 magnuse w00t anyway!
13:26 kf wrong channel?
13:26 NateC IT was the headquarters of Sirsi Dynix!
13:26 kf woot :)
13:26 NateC nope right channel
13:26 kf IT?
13:26 wahanui IT is probably changing a default behaviour
13:26 NateC win for Koah
13:26 kf oh IT
13:26 kf sorry lol
13:26 kf congrats! :)
13:27 magnuse not bad for Koha either ;-)
13:27 NateC my point exactly
13:27 NateC the evil empire is crumbling
13:27 NateC slowly
13:27 NateC so the "service" rep for Sirsi lives in Huntsville and uses their library
13:28 NateC that makes me smile
13:28 magnuse hehe
13:28 drojf lol
13:28 drojf nice
13:36 oleonard Okay, now there's a bug for it: Bug 10309
13:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10309 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , New OPAC theme based on Bootstrap
13:48 kf oleonard++ :)
13:48 magnuse oleonard++
13:49 oleonard Thanks, I should tell you guys every time I file a bug ;)
13:50 maximep joined #koha
13:52 tcohen joined #koha
13:55 rambutan joined #koha
13:58 Dani joined #koha
14:01 tcohen morning #koha
14:05 drojf hi tcohen
14:05 tcohen hi drojf
14:06 * drojf heads home
14:12 lavamind joined #koha
14:17 tcohen Bug 9735 is a useful one
14:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9735 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Choose language using URL parameters in any page
14:20 aj_ joined #koha
14:20 aj_ Any idead on how to Set email as username in Patron Self Registration module
14:20 aj_ http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]le-tp5755514.html
14:20 talljoy1 joined #koha
14:26 oleonard aj_: Since there is no preference for that I assume that you can't do that without modifying the code.
14:27 aj_ any suggestion what code modification would be required
14:28 oleonard aj_: No, but if you search the code for references to one of the prefs, like PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory, you might get some clues.
14:29 aj_ thank you! will try that out
14:30 oleonard aj_: A worthwhile contribution would be to add a new system preference letting the librarian choose how to create the username
14:32 gmcharlt @quote random
14:32 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #218: "rangi: ... graciousness never ever hurts." (added by mtompset at 08:25 AM, October 07, 2012)
14:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #45 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:40 * aj_ slaps aj_ around a bit with a large fishbot
14:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10261: Link to patron files missing from circ-menu.tt <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]453e12b868936a3bf>
14:50 rafael joined #koha
14:51 rafael joined #koha
14:51 rafael Hi everyone!
14:52 rafael I am trying to install pt_br translation to koha 3.12 in ubuntu 13.04.... I am getting an Can't find C4 context error. Although I have exported the variable with sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/
14:52 rafael I get:    Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
14:52 kf i think maybe do export
14:52 rafael I tried both env and export
14:52 kf how did you install koha?
14:52 rafael export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
14:52 kf are you using packages?
14:52 rafael kf, following the wiki. Packages the webinstaller
14:52 kf ah
14:53 rafael kf: yes
14:53 kf in 3.12 there are new commands ot handle installations in packages
14:53 kf i will find the bug for you
14:53 rafael kf:  Thanks
14:53 kf i think the problem is the user
14:53 kf the new scripts shoudl take care of that
14:53 kf bug 10041
14:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10041 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Stable , Provide a koha-translate script to aid package users on installing translations
14:54 kf hm perhaps try koha-translate --help
14:55 kf should be as easy as koha-translate -i pt_br i think
14:55 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9507: prevent submit: refactor some code in a js file <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]940e30fba0819804e>
14:55 rafael kf: Thanks a lot... To download the the po files do I need to register in the translation communisties. I found the po files there, but no link to download them..
14:56 kf hm they should be in your version already I think
14:56 kf 3.12 was released with the latest po files from pootle
14:56 kf but if you really want newer files (and there are valid reasons) just register and check the 'review' tab - there is the download button
14:56 rafael kf: Thanks a lot!
14:56 kf registering needs a confirmed email address, but should work
14:57 kf np - hope it works :)
15:01 rafael Installarion of pt-BR worked. I changed the i18n to pt-br in both staff and opac and restarted apache. Reloaded but interface is still in English
15:01 rafael Do I need to recretae an instance?
15:08 tcohen no you don't
15:08 christophe_c left #koha
15:08 tcohen you don't need to restart apache either
15:09 maximep try activating  opaclanguagesdisplay and look at if it's listed
15:09 maximep on the bottom of pages
15:09 tcohen on the bottom left corner you should see "Portuguese"
15:09 oleonard rafael: Do you have both en and pt-br enabled in system preferences?
15:10 rafael I see. Sorry before you answered I removed my instance and created a new one hopping I would get the installer again... Now I can't reach the webinstaller. I just get a It works apache message.
15:11 rafael http://localhost:8080/ brings me the default apache installed page... Maybe I need to a2ensite again? It says it already exists
15:11 rafael koha-list show me the instance was sucessfuly created
15:13 mcooper joined #koha
15:13 tcohen run koha-list --enabled
15:13 rafael Got it. Just needed to set the apache virtualhost to 8080
15:14 rafael Thanks a lot
15:14 rafael Now I hve the option to resume the installer in pt_br
15:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #45: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/45/
15:20 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 2774 - Path to theme is hard-coded in many places
15:20 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2774 normal, P3, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Path to theme is hard-coded in many places
15:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #1192 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10080: DBRev 3.13.00.002 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]ebf4d3382bd966c6f> / Bug 10080: (followup) change two last instances of the old syspref name <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]55de6341a6b6410bb> / Bug 10080 - Change system pref IndependantBranches to IndependentBranches - Followup <http://git.koha-commun
15:26 oleonard The long nightmare is over.
15:28 kf lol
15:28 kf hopefully we didn't miss some weirdness :)
15:30 reiveune bye
15:30 reiveune left #koha
15:33 edveal joined #koha
15:39 asaurat left #koha
15:48 rambutan joined #koha
15:56 kf gmcharlt++ :)
15:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 7718: DBRev 3.13.00.003 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]27c65e8b19fc9d91a> / Bug 7718 - Remove itemnumber column from serials table <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]95112920fa2fc784c>
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:30 kf left #koha
16:37 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1192: SUCCESS in 1 hr 16 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1192/
16:37 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10261: Link to patron files missing from circ-menu.tt
16:37 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9507: prevent submit: refactor some code in a js file
16:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10261 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Link to patron files missing from circ-menu.tt
16:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9507 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Some code used to prevent form from being unexpectedly submitted is duplicated
16:37 drojf joined #koha
16:37 jenkins_koha Starting build #46 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:40 hankbank joined #koha
16:59 cait joined #koha
17:02 * cait waves
17:18 gaetan_B bye !
17:21 tcohen gmcharlt: should 10080 be considered fr 3.12.x? Didn't read it yet
17:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #46: SUCCESS in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/46/
17:22 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: Bug 10251: Fix typos in Patron Permissions Help
17:22 jenkins_koha * Magnus Enger: Bug 10288 - Fix a tiny typo on "Pending offline circulation actions"
17:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10251 minor, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Stable , typos in help/members/member-flags.tt
17:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10288 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Stable , Tiny typo on "Pending offline circulation actions"
17:22 jcamins but 10080
17:22 jcamins bug 10080
17:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10080 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Change system pref IndependantBranches to IndependentBranches
17:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #1193 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:23 jcamins tcohen: absolutely not.
17:23 jcamins IMO
17:23 tcohen because of the DB change?
17:24 tcohen is not relevant right now
17:24 jcamins Because it's high-risk and low-reward.
17:25 tcohen exactly, agreed
17:25 oleonard no reward at all for people who only care about stable.
17:25 gmcharlt yeah, the reasons why it was held back for 3.12 still apply to a stable branch
17:26 gmcharlt one thing to note -- patches don't have to be cherry-picked from master to a stable branch *instantly*
17:26 gmcharlt it's OK to wait to see if there are any side-effects first
18:14 gerundio joined #koha
18:23 tcohen gmcharlt: is there a roadmap for 3.14 already established somewhere?
18:23 gmcharlt tcohen: no; I need to do that
18:28 tcohen bugzilla doesn't have the concept of milestones, right?
18:28 tcohen (assign a collection of bugs to a goal, called milestone 3.14 , and such)
18:30 tcohen like this http://tinyurl.com/prvx76x
18:30 oleonard cait did you do some batch bug changes like you threatened to the other day?
18:30 rambutan is there a way to enable logging of OPAC search terms, whether the user is logged in or not?
18:31 gmcharlt tcohen: the problem with that is that there's no way to *require* that any particular bugs that make up a milestone actually be worked on
18:32 tcohen which bz version are we on?
18:32 tcohen I mean *at*
18:32 oleonard 4.2.5
18:35 tcohen milestone definition is supported, maybe it just doesn't fit our dev workflow/process
18:36 cait oleonard: negative
18:37 cait i am still trying to come up with a list trying to remember what we did last time
18:37 gmcharlt tcohen: I don't think it does, except possibly as a way to tag bugs *after* we know that the patches have made it in for a particular release
18:37 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1193: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1193/
18:37 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 10080 - Change system pref IndependantBranches to IndependentBranches
18:37 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 10080 - Change system pref IndependantBranches to IndependentBranches - Followup
18:37 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10080: (followup) change two last instances of the old syspref name
18:37 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10080: DBRev 3.13.00.002
18:37 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 7718 - Remove itemnumber column from serials table
18:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=10080 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Change system pref IndependantBranches to IndependentBranches
18:37 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 7718: DBRev 3.13.00.003
18:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7718 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Remove itemnumber column from serials table
18:37 maximep should I change the Version of bug 9394 to 3.14 or leave it to master ? Isn't master the next version, 3.14 ?
18:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9394 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Use reserve_id where possible
18:38 gmcharlt maximep: I say leave it at master
18:38 gmcharlt at least so far, assigning a specific version to a bug is most useful if the bug *only* affects that version
18:39 maximep ok thx
18:39 maximep my first signoff hehe
18:39 maximep it was about time, after 2 years of working on koha -_-
18:39 * magnuse waves goodbye to IndependantBranches
18:40 magnuse maximep++
18:40 maximep khall++ for the great work you're doing
18:40 cait sorry was afk, reading back now
18:42 magnuse maximep: don't forget to change the status in bugzilla ;-)
18:42 cait oleonard: did you have one specific change in mind?
18:42 cait or a plan? :)
18:42 cait i can try and ask rangi to help me by switching mail off and do the changes we come up with
18:43 oleonard Nope, just thought to wonder after hearing the talk about milestones
18:43 gmcharlt maximep++
18:43 cait we did some changes to mark things resolved fixed that had been released last time
18:44 cait so i think maybe we would mark pushed to stable and pushed to master bugs from before the release as resolved fixed
18:44 mtompset joined #koha
18:44 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:44 mtompset I was doing a git rebase on my patch that I'm hacking around on.
18:44 cait gmcharlt, oleonard everyone else opinions on that idea? :)
18:44 cait and maximep++ :)
18:44 * druthb blames cait.
18:44 mtompset -- what idea?
18:44 cait druthb: ?
18:45 * druthb shrugs.
18:45 gmcharlt cait: seems reasonable to me
18:45 cait (20:44:00) cait: so i think maybe we could mark pushed to stable and pushed to master bugs from before the release as resolved fixed
18:45 maximep magnuse: oops, tought I had changed it when I sent the patch. thx
18:45 cait i'd also like to reset some assignees that are no longer active
18:45 cait we still have lots assigned to sekjal and hdl
18:46 cait but not sure if I can do a good search for those... i always struggle with names
18:46 oleonard They'll be back when they start missing us too much.
18:46 magnuse awww...
18:46 cait you think? :)
18:46 mtompset -- I was noticing a code change to older way of checking in the updatedatabase.pl on latest master stuff.
18:53 gmcharlt mtompset: hmm?
18:53 mtompset the old long style if with TransformToNum in it vs. CheckVersion()
18:54 jcamins mtompset: yes.
18:54 gmcharlt mtompset: ah, yeah, the course reserves patch has been around for yonks before it got merged
18:54 mtompset Was there a reason?
18:54 jcamins CheckVersion makes it easier to transition to the proposed database update scheme.
18:55 gmcharlt and I plain goofed with the 3.13.00.000
18:55 gmcharlt jcamins: which to emphasize, remains just a proposal from my POV
18:55 mtompset So, should all the if's be nice and pretty and the same?
18:56 jcamins mtompset: it doesn't really matter.
18:57 mtompset okay, so then, which way should I be doing it?
18:57 gmcharlt mtompset: CheckVersion
18:57 mtompset Okay... just making sure. :0
18:58 cait jcamins: did you see the updatedatabase improvment showed up in the release notes?
18:59 jcamins I did not.
18:59 jcamins Oh well.
18:59 cait i think the script is not prepared for reverts
18:59 jcamins Yeah, definitely not prepared for reverts.
18:59 * jcamins checks if he cares...
18:59 jcamins nope. :D
18:59 cait heh
19:00 gmcharlt jcamins: which actually might speak to the one use for milestones that I can see
19:01 gmcharlt (BZ milestones, that is)
19:01 jcamins gmcharlt: yeah, I definitely think those could be good.
19:01 jcamins But that requires an active bug wrangler.
19:03 jcamins And I think Dyrcona can speak to how much work that is.
19:03 gmcharlt in part, although one part lends itself to automation, namely tagging bugs that change state to 'pushed to master' with the upcomnig major release milestone
19:04 cait gmcharlt++ btw :)
19:05 jcamins I guess if people could be taught to not mark milestones on bugs they've not actually fixed most could be automated.
19:06 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: prefer CheckVersion in updatedatabase.pl <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]ed62e48af34b3788c>
19:08 gmcharlt mtompset++
19:09 mtompset Thank you. Not a biggie. :)
19:10 jenkins_koha Starting build #1194 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:16 pianohacker joined #koha
19:29 cait hi pianohacker
19:29 pianohacker hi cait
19:29 pianohacker how's it going?
19:29 cait good, busy :)
19:30 pianohacker know the feeling :) what are you up to?
19:31 cait hm too many things at once? :)
19:32 pianohacker yeah, medical issues, helping friends move, work, etc.
19:33 pianohacker just runnin' all over the place
19:33 cait oh right, you mentioned something about your hearing?
19:34 pianohacker yeah, had surgery for a bone-attached hearing aid on monday, and the little healing cap over the gauze decided to fall off yesterday
19:35 cait hm and that's not good then?
19:37 pianohacker no, not really. in doctor's office right now, working over phone internet
19:37 pianohacker anyway
19:37 pianohacker I'm griping
19:37 pianohacker what are you up to
19:38 cait just a lot of work and different projects
19:38 cait lots of interest this year in koha :)
19:39 cait and need to update our manuals and prepare a bigger training
19:39 pianohacker good!
19:39 pianohacker that's excellent news
19:43 cait hope your ear is going to be ok
20:04 jcamins ...
20:04 jcamins oh my.
20:09 drojf hm. so arguments are unhealthy, to question something is an incredibly negative response and all that somehow relates to a longish article about sexism that i am not going to read tonight? i guess i just take my "trolly" label and not respond to that thread anymore
20:10 jcamins Huh?
20:10 drojf its that thread you don't read ;)
20:10 rangi drojf: thats what i did
20:10 cait the new pootle looks great
20:10 drojf cait: yay
20:10 cait wonder if it will be hard to upgrade?
20:10 rangi took it as an attempt to shut down discussion, shut down my discussion, ill refer ppl who get hacked to that thread :)
20:10 cait drojf: for example i like that: http://docs.translatehouse.org[…]ng-quality-checks
20:10 drojf it looked easy in the mail ;)
20:11 rangi cait: bgkriegel is TM eh?
20:11 cait yep
20:11 jcamins rangi: indeed.
20:11 drojf but i am not responsible for that server. it's always easy if you just have to nag somebody :P
20:11 cait but not sure if he had time to take a look at the server and the internals yet
20:11 pianohacker And thus the reasoning behind the mute key in GMail and my great love for it :P
20:11 rangi soon as i get the .po files for 3.10.6 nad 3.8.13
20:11 rangi he should be able to try if he wants
20:11 cait bgkriegel bgkriegel bgkriegel
20:11 * cait tries summoning :P
20:11 jcamins pianohacker: wait, there's a *key* for mute in GMail?
20:12 rangi 2.5.0 does look awesome
20:12 jcamins tirtmi
20:12 cait jcamins: ?
20:12 rangi 2.5.1 is scheduled for 6 montsh
20:12 drojf bgkriegel bgkriegel bgkriegel
20:12 * drojf tries to help
20:12 rangi they are copying us :-) *grin*
20:12 jcamins cait: pianohacker said there was a key.
20:12 cait drojf: apertium? http://docs.translatehouse.org[…]nslation-services
20:13 drojf cait: yay!
20:13 rangi he's in peru at the moment iirc
20:13 rangi training koha users
20:14 rangi koha_southish_america++
20:14 cait bgkriegel++ :)
20:14 jcamins http://www.kino-teatr.ru/kino/[…]e/sov/8476/annot/ <-- I would like the OPAC to do this.
20:14 jcamins (mouse over the names)
20:15 rangi cool
20:15 druthb rangi:  ready to retire as RMaint?
20:15 druthb ;-)
20:15 rangi jcamins: do they store images as part of VIAF ?
20:15 rangi druthb: yes indeed!
20:16 * druthb is ready to finish her retirement as ™.
20:16 druthb Look for a pull req  pair when I get home shortly.
20:16 rangi ok gotta go take kids to school
20:16 rangi thanks :)
20:16 cait cya later rangi
20:17 tcohen joined #koha
20:19 jcamins rangi: nope. :(
20:24 pianohacker jcamins: yep, m
20:24 laurence left #koha
20:25 jcamins pianohacker: nice!
20:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1194: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1194/
20:25 jenkins_koha Galen Charlton: prefer CheckVersion in updatedatabase.pl
20:26 jcamins This may delay my unsubscribing from koha-devel.
20:27 pianohacker hahahahaha
20:29 rambutan joined #koha
20:29 kathryn joined #koha
20:29 jcamins pianohacker: I actually previously announced that I was going to set koha-devel to NOMAIL tomorrow, due to the high volume of nonsense and low volume of non-bikeshed painting.
20:29 jcamins I am not sure if you have done the community a favor or a disservice. :P
20:30 cait hm and i didn't get tha tmail yet
20:31 cait pianohacker: what did you do?
20:31 jcamins cait: told me about 'm' so that I can just mute everthing rather than outright setting it to NOMAIL.
20:31 cait oh
20:31 cait what does mute mean?
20:32 jcamins (a button is too much work)
20:32 jcamins Just what it sounds like... hide the thread.
20:32 edveal joined #koha
20:33 pianohacker future replies wont end up in your inbox
20:46 drojf i forgot, what's with the most important topic of version naming?
20:46 drojf or numbering
20:46 wahanui i guess numbering is confusing me
20:51 drojf ah, postponed to next meeting
21:10 cait hm we have about 700 bugs in pushed to master/pushed to stable now
21:10 cait some from last release - 2012
21:18 rambutan1 joined #koha
21:18 BobB_ joined #koha
21:18 cait hi BobB
21:19 drojf "It is with huge pleasure that the Debian GNU/Hurd team announces the release of Debian GNU/Hurd 2013"
21:19 drojf does koha run on hurd?
21:19 jcamins If you recompile Zebra for it, probably.
21:19 pianohacker I imagine the question is more "does zebra/mysql/perl/our five quadrillion dependencies run on hurd"
21:20 pianohacker aaaaaaand yeah, zebra's going to be the worst
21:20 pianohacker just because it's zebra
21:20 jajm_ joined #koha
21:20 berick_ joined #koha
21:21 pianohacker oh wow
21:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
21:21 gerundio joined #koha
21:21 mtj joined #koha
21:22 drojf ha. i'll just use nozebra ^^
21:22 wizzyrea err
21:22 wizzyrea nozebra is deprecated
21:23 wizzyrea your outcomes will be less than good I think.
21:23 pianohacker i didnt realize anyone had bothered to deprecate it
21:23 wizzyrea re: numbering, I think we are going to keep Pi, and start big number incrementing afterwards
21:24 wizzyrea so release 3.14, then 4, 5, 6 etc
21:24 wizzyrea maybe we'll skip four and 5 - not sure.
21:24 melia joined #koha
21:24 pianohacker figured the first search attempt with more than ~1000 bibs would cure anyone's desire to use it
21:24 wizzyrea 4 & 5 could create confusion with the other not-koha
21:25 pianohacker oh, we're pulling a chrome?
21:25 wizzyrea that's the proposal
21:25 magnuse jcamins: http://esme.priv.bibkat.no/cgi[…]pl?biblionumber=4
21:25 * wizzyrea would be content to just skip all the way to 10
21:25 wizzyrea and start there.
21:25 wizzyrea (all that above makes it sound like I really have a strong opinion - I don't. Whatever will be fine by me)
21:25 Dyrcona Sounds more like a Slackware to me.... ;)
21:26 pianohacker if only for the release after
21:26 pianohacker koha: spinal tap edition
21:26 wizzyrea ^.^
21:26 jcamins magnuse: a nice start!
21:27 magnuse have fun #koha!
21:28 jcamins I guess we have a meeting in two weeks.
21:28 jcamins I think maybe I'll miss it.
21:33 pianohacker uh oh
21:40 pianohacker "but sir, why not just make a Koha that's just as fast, and call that Koha 10?"
21:40 pianohacker "... but this one goes up to eleven"
21:41 jcamins lol
21:41 jcamins Exactly.
21:41 jcamins You know what? It's time to go home.
21:41 jcamins Bye.
21:43 pianohacker bye jcamins
21:43 drojf wizzyrea: i know about nozebra. i'll just use a version old enough ;)
21:43 drojf also, what about koha 3000? :D
21:44 pianohacker only if we switch to python
22:05 mtompset Switch to python?! That would be a truly fundamental change.
22:09 rambutan1 Please re-write Koha in Python or Ada. See perl errors: http://paste.koha-community.org/22
22:10 wizzyrea some of those searches are humorous
22:10 rambutan1 clearly perl ain't no good for nothin'
22:10 wizzyrea dfghtgvyjkfyjuyjktrtv
22:12 rambutan1 If a programming language can't even self-initialize variables....
22:12 cait not sure we can blame perl for us programming badly
22:12 wizzyrea ^
22:12 cait rambutan1: it can and it does
22:12 cait or your search wouldn't work i gues
22:12 cait s
22:12 cait it just warns
22:15 wizzyrea popcorn?
22:15 wahanui popcorn is a vital part of any work day.
22:15 wizzyrea popcorn is also http://persephonemagazine.com/[…]art-popcorn11.gif
22:15 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
22:15 wizzyrea popcorn?
22:15 wahanui i heard popcorn was http://persephonemagazine.com/[…]art-popcorn11.gif
22:17 wizzyrea confetti is also http://25.media.tumblr.com/tum[…]1qh8hleo1_400.gif
22:17 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
22:18 pianohacker popcorn _and_ confetti?
22:18 pianohacker :(
22:18 cait why looking so sad?
22:19 pianohacker was hoping for both...
22:19 pianohacker what happened to rhcl, anyway?
22:23 YoungPublicLibrarian joined #koha
22:23 YoungPublicLibrarian Hello?
22:23 wahanui somebody said Hello was it necessary to make hold limit nil in system preference if it is already set in circulation privilege different for different users group
22:24 pianohacker hah, bot's being overeager
22:24 pianohacker hi, YoungPublicLibrarian
22:25 YoungPublicLibrarian Is there anyone on that is versed in writing reports for koha?
22:25 wizzyrea ask?
22:25 wahanui Don't ask to ask, just ask.
22:25 wizzyrea :)
22:26 YoungPublicLibrarian Yes, well... Asking a room that knows nothing about what you're asking is somewhat counter productive...
22:27 pianohacker well, of course
22:27 wizzyrea no seriously, go ahead.
22:27 pianohacker and we do appreciate that
22:27 pianohacker but we're such a small community that if we don't know the answer we know who does
22:27 wizzyrea has anybody experienced processing returns that doesn't remove the reserve from the list of reserves?
22:28 wizzyrea I have someone reporting that and it's rather mystifying.
22:28 eythian hi
22:28 wahanui niihau, eythian
22:28 pianohacker hi eythian
22:29 eythian jcamins: that'll be the second time someone pointed out muting threads to you then :)
22:29 YoungPublicLibrarian I was wondering if there is a way to write a report to display all items hidden from the OPAC by a specific branch?
22:30 wizzyrea that should be possible
22:30 wizzyrea how are you hiding them?
22:31 papa joined #koha
22:32 pianohacker ohh man, just dug through email
22:32 eythian hi papa
22:32 pianohacker gmcharlt++
22:32 wizzyrea ikr
22:32 pianohacker gmcharlt: I love you so much for fixing that typo you don't even know
22:33 * wizzyrea too
22:33 pianohacker I care about spelling more than I should and that bugged me _so_ _much_ while working on sysprefs
22:33 wizzyrea i don't think it was a typo
22:33 wizzyrea I think it was a frenchism
22:33 YoungPublicLibrarian There is a selection list in the cataloguers window that an option is "Hidden from OPAC" That is how they are hidden.
22:35 wizzyrea you feelin alright you're usually cheerier than this. :/
22:35 wizzyrea not that you have to be cheerful mind you.
22:35 gmcharlt pianohacker: next thing to tackle... my nemesis, wthdrawn!
22:35 pianohacker hehehe
22:35 pianohacker wizzyrea: ?
22:36 wizzyrea items = biblio or items = item
22:36 melia joined #koha
22:37 YoungPublicLibrarian The old cataloguer had hidden each issue of all our magazines and the new cataloguer wants a list of all hidden items to see what else was hidden from OPAC. That's what I need the report for, but I couldn't find any references to the hidden from OPAC field in the scheme or library.
22:37 * eythian points gmcharlt in the direction of the 'creat' system call, and the 'referer' HTTP header.
22:38 gmcharlt heh
22:40 YoungPublicLibrarian Anyone have any ideas?
22:40 eythian YoungPublicLibrarian: where is the option? is it on the biblio or item level?
22:40 wizzyrea in edit record or edit items?
22:41 wizzyrea ha jinx
22:41 * eythian knows nothing about "hidden from opac" but could probably make an educated guess with more information.
22:41 wizzyrea same
22:41 pianohacker It sounds like an addition to, of all things, the wthdrawn authorized values
22:42 YoungPublicLibrarian Lol, if I was the cataloguer I would know the answers. I do believe its under item level and edit record. But I'm not sure. I do know the field is "c-shelving location:"
22:43 wizzyrea easy enough then
22:43 gmcharlt YoungPublicLibrarian: is there anything set in the OpacHiddenItems system preference?
22:43 wizzyrea she just wants to know what they are I think
22:44 YoungPublicLibrarian That I have no idea about, gmcharlt. Wizzyrea is correct.
22:44 wizzyrea http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]s_Marked_On_Order
22:44 wizzyrea it'll be like this
22:44 wizzyrea but instead of items.notforloan it'll be...
22:45 wizzyrea items.location = whatever your value is
22:45 wizzyrea which you can find in the authorised value definitions
22:45 wizzyrea and you can add a limit for branch
22:45 wizzyrea which there are many recipes for in the library
22:46 YoungPublicLibrarian Okay. I'll try that and come back in a few days if I need more help. Thank you all so much!
22:46 rambutan1 left #koha
22:46 wizzyrea good luck
22:51 YoungPublicLibrarian Hmmm, guess I need help sooner than I thought... How would I find the value of the item.location for the report? Would it say in the cataloguer area when editing the items?
22:51 jcamins eythian: I knew about muting... what I did not realize was that there was a keyboard shortcut.
22:52 eythian what MUA do you use?
22:52 jcamins Just gmail.
22:52 wizzyrea which you can find in the authorised value definitions -> more -> administration -> authorised value -> loc
22:52 eythian ah OK.
22:53 YoungPublicLibrarian Umm... You lost me. Where would the authorized value definitions be? On the scheme?
22:54 eythian YoungPublicLibrarian: in the staff client.
22:55 wizzyrea either click the giant "Administration" button -> Authorized values
22:55 wizzyrea or click More -> Administration -> Authorized Values
22:56 YoungPublicLibrarian Ah, crap... I'll have to work with my director on that then. I'm not allowed to have that level of control.
22:56 wizzyrea bother.
22:56 wizzyrea you can run reports though?
22:58 YoungPublicLibrarian Nope, I have a contact that can. As tech support I'm not trusted with those kind of privileges. :/
22:58 wizzyrea O.o
22:58 eythian that does kinda mean you can't do support...
22:59 pianohacker yeah, normally tech support has rather high privileges
22:59 pianohacker otherwise solving issues like this is a game of telephone that just ends painfully for everyone
22:59 wizzyrea ^^
22:59 YoungPublicLibrarian So I write up the reports, have my contact enter the report, I test it, make changes to the text file, have my contact repost the report and so on... It's rather tiresome...
23:00 pianohacker yeah, sounds like it
23:01 YoungPublicLibrarian Unfortunately, because I'm young and know more, tech wise, than my director I am not trusted with any kind of privileges for the network or system... Everything has to go through the director while she's right there. No matter how small...
23:02 pianohacker ahhhhhh, YoungPublicLibrarian, I sympathize more than you could know
23:02 wizzyrea hm. stink
23:03 pianohacker was in a similar situation at my first job, though my barriers had different names :)
23:04 YoungPublicLibrarian Yeah... But oh well. You do what you can...
23:05 YoungPublicLibrarian When my director gets back from vacation I'll get with her and try to find the correct value...
23:05 eythian "We do what we must because we can"?
23:05 pianohacker yup. the true sign of craziness is sticking with libraries despite the people that work in them, including ourselves
23:06 YoungPublicLibrarian Ain't that the truth...
23:10 YoungPublicLibrarian Thank you to everyone that helped me out. I really appreciate it. I know just enough about Koha and SQL to get me into trouble but not enough to do what I want all the time...
23:11 pianohacker not a problem
23:11 pianohacker best of luck
23:13 YoungPublicLibrarian Have a good day everyone! Later.
23:53 Irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary