IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:31 dcook joined #koha
00:39 * jcamins curses images, Javascript, and... everything else... roundly.
00:53 dcook Boo everything!
00:53 * dcook thinks it's only Tuesday
00:55 jcamins Laugh all you want.
00:55 jcamins Javascript, images, and everything else, is evil.
00:56 eythian_levin joined #koha
01:44 dcook Is it possible to upload authority records through the Koha UI or just bibliographic records?
01:45 eythian_levin dcook: I think it's not
01:45 dcook That's what I was thinking. Thanks
01:45 dcook Commandline only, eh?
01:45 dcook eythian_levin: bug 10096
01:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10096 new feature, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add a Z39.50 interface for authority searching
01:46 dcook Please add any comments/ideas :)
01:46 jcamins You can upload authority records with staged MARC.
01:46 dcook Now he tells me!
01:46 dcook :p
01:47 eythian_levin jcamins: you can? How does that work?
01:47 eythian_levin As it, how does it know not to chuck them into the biblio area?
01:49 jcamins You select "authority records" when deciding the type of record.
01:50 tcohen joined #koha
01:57 eythian_levin ah right, never noticed that. I just tend to use the cli by default I guess.
02:06 drojf joined #koha
02:13 wizzyrea wow the koha git repo is really approaching 900MB?
02:14 cjh mine is already above that, but I have multiple remotes and lots of git branches.
02:15 wizzyrea well i meant the one you get from koha-community
02:15 cjh I think we should provide tar-balls that are snapshots of the git repo at various points, so that people can download them and then git pull to fetch the difference (rather than having to git clone all that)
02:16 eythian_levin cjh: wouldn
02:16 eythian_levin wouldn't that amount to the same thing?
02:16 cjh the tar can be compressed and involves less overhead than a git clone
02:17 cjh the end result in both cases would be a huge dir, but I am more concerned about the size of the download
02:17 wizzyrea huh, well 900MB was an over-estimate - it was only 523
02:17 cjh history and spare branches laying around :)
02:17 * wizzyrea made the mistake of noting it was at 450mb at 50% done
02:18 wizzyrea so whatever measure of done-ness it's using, it's not "size"
02:18 wizzyrea number of files maybe.
02:20 jcamins Yeah, I've been confused by that too.
02:21 eythian_levin maybe as the translations got more regularly added, that bumped the file or changecount per size or something.
02:21 eythian_levin actually, I bet it's counting objects
02:22 cjh that is my guess, and the earlier ones are likely to be larger due to the way it stores them.
02:25 wizzyrea cjh++ #gitify is the bomb diggle
02:25 cjh thanks :)
02:28 dcook jcamins: I'm not noticing the option of selecting authority records when importing via the UI...
02:28 jcamins Really?
02:28 jcamins It's new in 3.10.
02:28 jcamins It should be there.
02:28 dcook Mmm
02:28 dcook That might be why ;)
02:28 * jcamins is working on other things, though.
02:28 dcook Looking at a 3.8 system
02:28 dcook No worries. Thanks for the head's up
02:30 * dcook takes a look
02:32 dcook Apparently Chrome and LoC don't get along for downloading authority files...
02:33 jcamins Heh.
02:34 dcook Ohhh or maybe it gets along very well..
02:34 dcook Well, maybe not very..
02:36 dcook Downloads as a "Pwebrecon.cgi" file
02:36 dcook Which looks like a bit of html wrapped around a marc record..
02:37 dcook Import works fine on it though, it seems :D
02:41 jcamins No HTML. That's just the way Voyager does downloads.
02:44 dcook Mmm, I see
02:44 dcook When I do the same in Firefox, it presents it in HTML but that must just be so that it can show it in the window
02:45 dcook Btw, there's no need to have "Add new bibliographic records into this framework" on the page when importing authorities, right?
02:45 jcamins Right.
02:45 dcook I'm going to wrap it in a condition, but I just want to make sure that it's not passing in anything even if it's a useless value
02:51 drojf joined #koha
02:58 dcook jcamins++
02:58 dcook hey ya drojf
03:00 dcook jcamins: I don't mean to distract, but should I make a new bug from my template change or add a follow-up patch to bug 2060?
03:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
03:00 jcamins New bug.
03:00 dcook Cool. Merci.
03:00 jcamins Always.
03:00 jcamins I'm nice and consistent like that.
03:01 * jcamins goes to sleep.
03:01 jcamins Good night.
03:01 wahanui I'll be waiting for you to come back, jcamins.
03:01 eythian_levin wahanui: good night is also <reply>If you feel like someone is looking through your window, it's OK, it's just me.
03:01 wahanui okay, eythian_levin.
03:01 dcook Have a good sleep
03:01 eythian_levin later jcamins
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good ngiht
03:02 wahanui eythian_levin: what?
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good night
03:02 wahanui I'll be waiting for you to come back, eythian_levin.
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good night
03:02 wahanui I watch you sleep.
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good night
03:02 wahanui I'll be waiting for you to come back, eythian_levin.
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good night
03:02 wahanui I'll be waiting for you to come back, eythian_levin.
03:02 eythian_levin wahanui: good night
03:02 wahanui If you feel like someone is looking through wahanui's window, it's OK, it's just me.
03:02 eythian_levin crap
03:02 Irma joined #koha
04:04 * dcook hates IE
04:04 dcook Just more each day :p
04:11 cait joined #koha
04:15 dcook hey ya cait
04:15 dcook @wunder konstanz
04:15 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 8.0°C (6:00 AM CEST on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 96%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Rising).
04:15 cait morning dcook and thx :)
04:16 dcook :)
04:20 eythian_levin wahanui: cait
04:20 wahanui cait is qam, not your secretary
04:20 eythian_levin wahanui: cait
04:20 wahanui go back to bed, cait.
04:20 eythian_levin @wunder levin
04:20 huginn eythian_levin: The current temperature in LEVIN, Levin, New Zealand is 18.2°C (4:17 PM NZST on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Rising).
04:21 eythian_levin cait: btw the new HLT library is hy-ooge!
04:36 cait eythian: photos? :)
04:36 cait what are you doing in levin?
04:37 cait and can't go bak to bed... dentist appointment abit later...
04:37 wizzyrea working lol.
04:37 cait wish I could
04:38 wizzyrea koha team field trip
04:39 cait cool :)
04:39 cait back to the beginnings?
04:39 * wizzyrea got to stay home this time
04:39 wizzyrea hehe
04:39 wizzyrea yea
04:39 wizzyrea "got to" I mean, I went last time ^>^
04:39 wizzyrea ^.^
04:40 wizzyrea it's sooooo nice
04:49 mib_abdbnb joined #koha
04:49 alohabot Hi mib_abdbnb, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
04:50 AmitGupta joined #koha
04:50 cait wizzyrea:  :)
04:50 AmitGupta hi katrin around?
04:52 cait yes, I am here
04:52 AmitGupta bug 10013
04:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Failed QA , Ability to link directly from an item in the Staff client to budget information.
04:52 AmitGupta is faild in QA
04:52 AmitGupta failed*
04:53 cait yes
04:53 AmitGupta why?
04:53 cait I have noted 4 reasons why :)
04:53 mib_hk1lmd joined #koha
04:53 alohabot Hi mib_hk1lmd, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
04:53 cait take a look at comments 3 and 4
04:54 cait it doesn't follow coding guidelines
04:54 AmitGupta ok thanks
04:54 cait but honestly I am wondering if that will work
04:54 cait in that place
04:54 cait I would rather like to see such a link in a less prominent place
04:54 cait but that's my opinion, not the coding guidelines
04:55 sanju i have trouble regarding searchinf data from koha
04:55 AmitGupta ok i will do again
04:55 sanju books entered in 2011 is not listed however those in 2012 are listed properly
04:56 sanju why does this occur?
04:56 sanju can this be rectified by rebuilding zebra?
04:56 mtj sanju, it is always worth trying that
04:57 sanju but how do i rebuild zebra
04:59 sanju when i searched i found about koha instance.what is that?
05:01 trea left #koha
05:03 mtj instance means 'name'
05:04 mtj so, you can install many kohas on one server, each koha 'instance' has its own name
05:05 mtj the 'koha-list' command shows you all your koha 'instances'...
05:07 sanju when i tried koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v test i got sudo: unknown user: -f-koha
05:07 sanju test is a koha instance i created
05:10 sanju i am running as root in debian squeeze
05:13 mtj sanju, hmm - sorry, i dont know what that problem is :/
05:13 sanju ok thanks
05:14 sanju but so u know how to rebuild zebra?
05:14 mtj means you dont have a 'koha' user in your /etc/passwd file, i think...
05:14 sanju i mean do u know
05:15 mtj tho, i dont think you should *need* a koha user - so i dont know why its asking for one, either...
05:16 mtj sanju, i would concentrate on fixing your 'koha-rebuild-zebra' error first ^^
05:16 sanju can u help me rebuild zebra
05:16 sanju ok
05:16 mtj ... rather than attempting to rebuild zebra another way
05:17 sanju koha is listed in my /etc/passwd file
05:20 cait oh how weird
05:20 cait can someone test something? cataloguing search - I am missing the biblionumber in all links from the search result list
05:31 cait never mind, filed bug 10099
05:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10099 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Cataloguing search result list links broken
05:35 mtj heya cait, hmmm, lemme check that on my koha…
05:36 mtj hmm, working for me, so far
05:36 mib_1jtvez joined #koha
05:36 alohabot Hi mib_1jtvez, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
05:37 cait mtj: weird
05:37 cait are you on latest master? and looking at the cataloguing search?
05:37 cait not the normal one, that works for me
05:39 mib_1jtvez I have NaN values in my replacement cost, budgeted cost and total under the accounting detail when placing order. the value appear when i enter the quantity and using my active currency, anyone know what's wrong?
05:39 mtj yes, and yes
05:39 cait hm
05:40 cait very weird
05:40 cait let me check again if I was looking at english
05:40 cait hmmmm
05:40 cait now they are there
05:40 cait weird. what did I do differently
05:41 cait it was broken in 2 browsers for me
05:41 cait oooh
05:41 cait mtj: try looking at the very first result
05:41 AmitGupta joined #koha
05:41 cait i have a result list with multiple pages and it's only broken for the first one
05:41 mtj meh, still works ok
05:42 cait hm not for me
05:42 mtj 44 result(s) found in catalog, 0 result(s) found in reservoir
05:42 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]trn=der%20&page=1
05:42 mtj are you looking the catalogue, or reservoir results?
05:42 cait catalogue
05:42 wahanui catalogue is, like, to view the catalogue or the mainpage
05:42 mtj ok, mee too
05:43 cait i searched for der
05:43 cait which would be "the" in english :)
05:43 cait and for number one in the ist the links are missing biblionumber
05:45 cait if you can't reproduce that's weird, but I am downgrading the bug now - because first entry is not as bad
05:45 mtj cait, my pic attached to bug
05:45 cait i see it
05:46 cait oh i see what it is
05:46 cait i shouldn't do testing in the mornings
05:46 * cait facepalms
05:46 mtj waa waa?
05:46 cait probably a deleted record
05:47 mtj aah :)
05:47 mtj did you rebuild your zebra! :p
05:47 cait i do... sometimes...
05:47 cait :P
05:48 cait and I am doing it right  now
05:49 cait we should have a status 'resolved - dumb'
05:50 cait mtj: thx for testing
05:50 cait can we just forget about it now?
05:51 mtj yes, lets put this all behind us...
05:51 cait heh
05:51 cait mtj: are you going to kohacon?
06:03 Irma left #koha
06:07 cait bug 10030 is giving me trouble too
06:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10030 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , MaxFines checks against amount, not amount outstanding
06:07 cait gues it's time for the dentist...
06:08 cait left #koha
06:14 dcook Any UNIMARC users around atm?
06:28 * magnuse waves
06:29 magnuse dcook: biblibre folks will probably show up in ~35 minutes
06:29 dcook Yeah, just as I'm heading off ;)
06:30 dcook No worries
06:30 dcook I found the IFLA UNIMARC format docs :)
06:30 dcook We were looking at some records and thought that they made absolutely zero sense
06:30 dcook Until we realized they were UNIMARC and not MARC21 ;)
06:30 dcook I suppose I could still ask some questions...
06:30 dcook The MARCXML was still pointing at the LOC and marc21 schema...
06:31 magnuse were they records from koha?
06:32 reiveune joined #koha
06:32 reiveune hello
06:33 alex_a hello
06:34 dcook magnuse: yep
06:34 dcook hey reiveune, alex_a :)
06:35 dcook Whoa...Frédéric Demians wrote a unimarc to marc21 perl module?[…]::UnimarcToMarc21
06:38 alex_a hello dcook. Seems esay to use
06:39 alex_a fredericdem++
06:40 dcook Yeah, it does
06:40 dcook I wonder if it's 100% functional
06:42 * dcook looks at the clock
06:42 dcook 20 minutes left to work on z39.50 for authorities :p
06:43 Irma joined #koha
06:44 dcook P.S. Looks like there is an email going around seemingly from Vodafone that has a virus in its attached HTML
06:50 christophe_c joined #koha
06:51 christophe_c hello #koha
06:52 magnuse bonjour christophe_c
06:53 christophe_c bonjour magnuse
06:53 christophe_c ;-)
06:53 dcook salut christophe_c
06:54 christophe_c hello dcook
06:59 AmitGupta joined #koha
06:59 dcook wb AmitGupta
07:00 paul_p joined #koha
07:00 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:02 * mtj waves to magnuse , dcook , AmitGupta , christophe_c , alex_a , reiveune
07:02 dcook hey ya paul_p, mtj
07:03 paul_p good morning everybody
07:03 christophe_c hello mtj
07:03 magnuse hiya mtj
07:04 mtj woah!,  just spotted that unimarc->marc21 module  from frederic
07:05 dcook I know, right?
07:05 dcook Right?
07:06 mtj theres a whole bunch of MARC::Moose stuff :p ->
07:06 dcook Yeah, I was seeing that
07:06 dcook the unimarc->marc21 looks like it has quite a few dependencies
07:06 asaurat joined #koha
07:06 dcook Frédéric might be a machine...
07:06 mtj the force is strong in this one…
07:07 * dcook waves to asaurat
07:07 dcook Yeah, I might have to try it out sometime this week if I can find the time
07:08 Joubu hello #koha
07:08 * dcook finally has a test box (with a working cpu and RAM), so I might have to look at installing Debian some time in the next few days and maybe do a bit of dev at home
07:08 dcook Koha is so addictive...
07:08 dcook hi Joubu
07:09 asaurat hi =)
07:14 francharb joined #koha
07:20 sophie_m joined #koha
07:23 magnuse bgkriegel++ for signing off bug 10041
07:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10041 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Provide a koha-translate script to aid package users on installing translations
07:23 * magnuse hopes it makes it into 3.12 too
07:30 samuel joined #koha
07:30 samuel hi everybody
07:31 samuel we have some problems with authorities. research in authorities module doesn't work
07:42 kf joined #koha
07:42 huginn GERMS!!!!
07:42 wahanui germs is
07:42 kf hey huginn
07:42 kf hi #koha
07:45 rangi evening
07:45 rangi only here for a bit, then have to put kids to sleep
07:46 rangi but reading emails after a day away from my computer :)
07:46 kf lots of email? :)
07:47 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
07:48 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
07:50 trea-away joined #koha
07:56 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
07:58 trea-away joined #koha
07:59 dcook This authority z39.50 search is easier said than done!
07:59 dcook Kind of fun though...
08:01 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:01 trea-away joined #koha
08:05 AmitGupta joined #koha
08:09 papa joined #koha
08:19 longrider joined #koha
08:19 longrider HI
08:20 wahanui hola, longrider
08:20 longrider mail sent is not working in koha 3.10
08:20 wizzyrea joined #koha
08:21 longrider I set up exim in my server
08:21 longrider And I can sent mail manually from my server
08:22 longrider but checkin and checkout and other mail are not going.
08:24 longrider hello \
08:24 longrider anybody is here?
08:24 magnuse longrider: how did you install? if you used the debian packages you have to enable email for each instance
08:28 bipdeb1234 left #koha
08:31 trea-away joined #koha
08:31 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:31 francharb joined #koha
08:32 francharb joined #koha
08:33 trea left #koha
08:34 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:36 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:36 fredy joined #koha
08:37 * magnuse hands wizzyrea the velcro ;-)
08:37 * wizzyrea is setting up bip
08:37 * magnuse guessed so from some of the nick changes :-)
08:38 longrider How I will do that?
08:38 trea-away joined #koha
08:39 longrider I install koha from manual method.
08:39 longrider not using apt-get install koha-common
08:41 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:43 trea-away joined #koha
08:44 wizzyrea do any of you know what the on_connect_send string is to have bip auto identify
08:44 wizzyrea i've tried the one that's in tere
08:45 wizzyrea and /msg nickserv identify password wizzyrea
08:45 wizzyrea (not my real password
08:46 dcook Alas, I have not tried bip...yet
08:46 * dcook wondered why wizzyrea occasionally became a guest...
08:47 dcook On a side note: I think I've figured out how Koha does it's z39.50 searching now, so hopefully should have at least a trial z39.50 authority search by the end of the week...
08:48 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:49 dcook Anyway, night for me
08:49 dcook night wizzyrea
08:49 asaurat joined #koha
08:50 trea-away joined #koha
08:52 mtj packages?
08:52 wahanui i guess packages is at
08:53 mtj longrider, there is some info for you ^^
08:56 trea-away joined #koha
08:56 wizzyrea joined #koha
08:57 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
08:59 trea-away joined #koha
09:01 wizzyrea joined #koha
09:03 trea-away joined #koha
09:04 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:05 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:06 rangi hmm
09:06 wizzyrea boing boing boing
09:07 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:07 rangi no pull requests .. so cant release
09:09 wizzyrea !
09:09 trea-away joined #koha
09:13 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:15 trea-away joined #koha
09:17 trea left #koha
09:20 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:20 trea-away joined #koha
09:20 magnuse no pull requests?
09:21 rangi for po files
09:22 trea left #koha
09:22 kf :(
09:23 magnuse ah
09:23 magnuse ping druthb_away?
09:24 kf too late at night for her
09:25 kf i know she wanted to do them last night, but if they are not there now, probably have to wait until rangi gets up again
09:25 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #96 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:27 trea joined #koha
09:28 magnuse sleeping-- ;-)
09:32 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
09:34 trea joined #koha
09:58 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
10:00 trea joined #koha
10:05 kf @later tell eythian - could you maybe take a look at the pacakge related patches in the signed off queue?
10:05 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
10:05 trea left #koha
10:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #96: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/96/
10:07 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Release Notes for 3.10.5
10:07 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bumping database version
10:08 jenkins_koha Starting build #301 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:13 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
10:14 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
10:14 trea joined #koha
10:16 wizzyrea sorry for all the bouncing
10:17 wizzyrea hopefully we'll see less nick juggling.
10:17 wizzyrea :)
10:27 Viktor joined #koha
10:32 longrider anybody is here?
10:41 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
10:43 trea joined #koha
10:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #301: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/301/
10:46 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bumpding database version
10:46 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: 3.8.12 release notes
10:46 wizzyrea-away joined #koha
10:48 trea joined #koha
10:52 kf packages?
10:52 wahanui packages is at
10:53 kf mailing lists?
10:54 wahanui mailing lists are at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
10:54 kf irc?
10:54 wahanui irc is
10:54 wizzyrea the grammar on packages makes me feel a bit crazy
10:54 kf wizzyrea: it's a wiki *hint* hehe
10:54 wizzyrea no no wahanui's response
10:54 kf aah
10:55 magnuse well, it's not the packages themselves that are at ?
10:55 magnuse it's just information about the packages
10:55 wizzyrea true enough
10:55 trea :D
10:57 magnuse :-)
11:02 quocuy joined #koha
11:02 quocuy nickserv identify Hoangthuy1
11:03 wizzyrea oops
11:04 quocuy :0
11:04 quocuy fail command
11:04 wizzyrea you might consider changing that >.>
11:04 quocuy no, don't need :)
11:04 quocuy i always forget / before command
11:05 quocuy Sorry, when do we have next meeting?
11:07 trea it's in the motd
11:07 kf tonight is the meeting for kohacon, may 7 the next general meeting
11:07 wizzyrea Next general IRC meeting 7 May 2013 at 02:00 UTC
11:08 magnuse[…]eting,_7_May_2013
11:12 quocuy joined #koha
11:13 slef Next general IRC meeting?
11:13 slef Next general IRC meeting is 7 May 2013 at 02:00 UTC
11:13 kf hi slef
11:15 kf hm this new pootle looks nice
11:15 kf[…]filter=incomplete
11:16 magnuse slef: congrats to the missus!
11:17 slef magnuse: heh, I'll pass it on.  Damn facebook?
11:17 kf now I am curious! and no facebook... heh
11:18 magnuse slef: yup, damn facebook
11:18 slef kf: facebook leaks birthdays
11:18 magnuse kf: it's sarah's birthday
11:19 * magnuse didn't realize ils-di was quite so wide open...
11:22 kf it is
11:22 kf if you don't block by ip
11:22 kf which you should
11:22 kf magnuse: Alles Gute von mir!
11:22 kf arg
11:22 kf slef: Alles Gute von mir!
11:23 kf this tuesday feels like a monday
11:23 magnuse gah!
11:23 magnuse kf: and https is probably a good idea too
11:25 slef kf++
11:25 kf magnuse: yep
11:27 drojf joined #koha
11:28 jwagner joined #koha
11:41 nengard joined #koha
11:43 drojf hi #koha
11:44 drojf kf: remember what i said about building packages? i remember "use the right VM"… :)
11:45 magnuse kf or anyone: did we ever talk about providing translations for tiny_mce? or do i confuse it with the offline circ tool?
11:49 NateC joined #koha
11:51 jcamins We did.
11:51 jcamins I don't remember what we decided, but we talked about it.
11:53 drojf is there an opac includes equivalent to intranet_includes somewhen >3.8?
11:57 drojf or put differently, if a design person wanted to edit opac include files, should i chase him off or what is the best way do it (regarding updates)
12:00 jcamins drojf: get him to do things in a way that you can send the changes upstream?
12:01 jcamins And/or add an opac_includes syspref.
12:02 drojf i think i will have a look at how that was done for intranet. it seems like the right way (and much better than "le
12:03 drojf oops
12:03 drojf muc hbetter than "why dont we ditch packages?"
12:06 drojf from the mailing list discussion i take that merging the opac themes is widely accepted… what would be a realistic time frame for such a change? 3.16? 3.18? (or whatever the numbering will be)
12:07 drojf and should there be discussion about it at the irc meeting?
12:11 jcamins I don't see why.
12:11 Viktor Known bug? 3.12 beta 2 drops the bar with links to last names when you click on a letter without patrons. Safari/Chrome on OS X. Can't find anything on it on Bugzilla
12:12 Viktor (The stuff that should go after "Browse by last name:"
12:12 kf known bug
12:12 kf somewhere in bugzilla
12:12 Viktor Thanks kf
12:12 kf let me find it - I filed it
12:13 Viktor I'll have to hone my Bugzilla skills then :)
12:13 Viktor Happy as long as it's reported :)
12:13 kf it might be part of a bug that got closed or something
12:13 kf never hurts to check :)
12:13 kf bug 9337
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9337 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Alphabet for browsing patrons by last name not visible after performing a patron search
12:14 kf Viktor: i looked for alphabet - normally I try one single word first
12:14 magnuse drojf: oleonard is working on something like merging prog and ccsr, i think he has plans for 3.14 with it...
12:15 drojf oh, that's fast!
12:15 drojf and will scare the design person to death :P
12:15 Viktor kf Aha - I tried a few short searches while limiting to patrons in advanced. Should perhaps tried browsing instead of searching.
12:15 magnuse yup, oleonard is pretty awesome :-)
12:17 drojf he is!
12:17 drojf oleonard++
12:17 kf magnuse: drojf: totally awesome
12:17 drojf hi kf :)
12:18 drojf i made a package all without you ;)
12:18 kf Viktor: I only use the advanced search when everything else fails :)
12:18 kf hi drojf :)
12:18 kf that's good then ;)
12:18 kf drojf: you cna roll your own packages witht he changes - that's what we are going to do
12:18 kf drojf: thankfully there are not a lot of changes left, but we might also include the icons and things for the design etc.
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:19 drojf hm yes that is what i was thinking about right now. if i do packages anyway, i could include that too. but the patch i build packages for will hopefully go into koha so i don't have to do that. having opac_includes as a syspref would be nice
12:20 * magnuse updates[…]i/Linked_Data_RFC
12:20 kf hm it sounds familiar
12:20 kf i wonder if we used to have that
12:20 kf or doe we only have one for staff?
12:20 drojf hm yes it would be nice to have the design person do the changes in git actually
12:21 drojf we have one for staff. and i remember people talking about it for opac, so i was hoping we had that already
12:21 kf aah
12:21 kf ok
12:21 kf yeah it makes sense
12:21 kf but not sure if it's widely used
12:21 kf you could also do a theme
12:21 kf I think it just falls back to the files youdon't provide or something like that
12:21 drojf to have themes removed in 3.14? i don't think so
12:22 kf I think we only want to merge the default
12:22 kf not remove theming options
12:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:22 kf because supporting 2 themes in master is hard
12:22 drojf at least someone wanted to do that, but i don't know
12:22 kf i don't see good reason to
12:22 kf kill a feature that works for those who want to go that way
12:22 oleonard I think it's quite possible the new theme will be ready for 3.14
12:22 drojf it's a while ago that i read the mails
12:22 kf oleonard++
12:23 kf oleonard: do you think I got it right? merge themes but keep option to have multiple themes?
12:23 oleonard ..but I'm not sure how we manage the two old ones in that transition
12:23 drojf oleonard, the wizard of UI
12:23 oleonard kf: That's the way I understand it
12:24 oleonard At this point I think maybe the new design could replace CCSR, then prog could be dropped after a time
12:25 oleonard ...because there are probably fewer libraries with extensive CCSR customizations
12:25 magnuse sounds like a plan!
12:25 drojf i see that doing layout customisation NOW is a bad idea :D
12:26 oleonard drojf: My goal for the new theme is that it has all the same customization options as prog, but the layout will be based on a new grid system
12:26 drojf oleonard: that sounds fantastic to me
12:27 oleonard So yeah, *layout* customization now may not be a good idea, but other kinds of customizations could be more easily transferred
12:28 * kf agrees with drojf
12:28 drojf i was hoping to get the design person to use only sysprefs but it does not seem like that is the plan :/
12:28 kf drojf: have you told them they will have to pay you lots more hours for updating?
12:29 drnoe joined #koha
12:29 tcohen joined #koha
12:30 * kf sends drojf extra cookies
12:30 drojf thanks :)
12:30 drojf kf++ # cookies!
12:31 tcohen morning #koha
12:31 drojf hi tcohen
12:31 kf gluten free of course
12:32 drojf :)
12:32 tcohen gluten rules
12:32 drojf you can have it all!
12:32 tcohen :-P
12:38 quocuy joined #koha
12:39 jcamins Hey...
12:39 jcamins didn't I push a patch fixing the encoding of tags?
12:39 libsysguy joined #koha
12:41 libsysguy morning
12:41 wahanui morning is a state of cat
12:42 libsysguy morning is a state of caffeination
12:43 jcamins Morning.
12:43 wahanui Ah, morning. The cat must be wanting breakfast.
12:47 kf morning jcamins
12:47 kf :)
12:57 edveal joined #koha
12:57 druthb o/
12:58 druthb @later tell rangi problems with the home network last night…pull requests delayed to tonight.
12:58 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
12:58 paul_p joined #koha
13:03 sophie_m1 joined #koha
13:07 drojf we should have a "go unsubscribe yourself" autoresponder :P
13:09 druthb drojf++
13:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #11 for job Koha_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:11 drojf hi druthb
13:12 druthb Hi, drojf! :D
13:13 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9358' into 3.14-master <[…]9fe6c0a586daaad47> / Bug 9358 - Followup - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21... <[…]686c9ba12e8e73b57> / Bug 9358 - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15 <
13:14 * druthb was thinking of her German friends on the way to work today; the BBC World Service was having an interview with a lady who is the head of Corporate Diversity for Daimler, who was talking about the cultural barriers to women in management in Germany.
13:15 druthb The interview was in English, and the lady's voice was almost as pretty as kf's.
13:15 kf maybe it's just the German accent then ;)
13:16 drojf heh
13:16 druthb :)
13:31 drojf looks like rangi backported list.gif away for 3.10.x :O
13:32 oleonard ?
13:32 quocuy hi everyone
13:33 drojf oleonard: i upgraded from 3.8 to 3.10 and list.gif is missing from the opac due to bug 8108 it seems
13:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8108 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Remove unused images from the OPAC
13:33 quocuy do we have a meeting today?
13:34 quocuy1 joined #koha
13:34 oleonard Or Bug 7500 drojf ?
13:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7500 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Use CSS Sprites in the OPAC for faster page loading
13:35 drojf oh, i got more. after a search i am missing addtolist-small.gif, highlight.gif and list.gif
13:35 kf drojf: packages?
13:35 wahanui packages is at
13:35 drojf yes
13:35 kf there are some path problems there I think with patches in bugzilla (signed off list)
13:35 kf not sure but one of those might affect you
13:36 drojf the yui thing should be ok now. and it looked different
13:36 drojf that one i remember about path problems
13:36 tcohen bug 10084
13:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10084 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , YUI path wrong in CCSR theme with packages
13:37 drojf thanks, but we are using prog so that should not affect us
13:37 tcohen ok
13:38 magnuse anyone else seen this: one library has 8 copies of a book, with 2 different Shelving locations (3 in one, 5 in the other). in search results they are displayed as "Copies available: libraryx (3), libraryx (5)"
13:38 drojf the files are all on the list for removal of bug 8108 so i suppose that should not have been brought to 3.10 because these files were only not used in master?
13:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8108 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Remove unused images from the OPAC
13:38 * drojf is confused
13:40 oleonard 7500 is in 3.10.x, so 8108 should apply to 3.10.x too
13:40 oleonard Where are you noticing the problem drojf?
13:41 magnuse drojf: you don't have translations that need to be refreshed?
13:41 drojf ooooooh thanks magnuse. i think i did that the last time too. that is probably it
13:42 magnuse yay
13:42 * drojf is stupid
13:42 drojf magnuse++
13:42 * magnuse is stupid too, then
13:42 druthb !
13:42 drojf damn translations. why don't we all speak klingon or something :/
13:43 druthb dissing_yourself--
13:43 magnuse agreed! one language to rule them all!
13:43 drojf :D
13:44 * druthb seconds "Klingon."
13:44 * druthb says in her deepest voice, "tlhIng'an maH!"
13:45 drojf i should have expected someone here actually speaking klingon. my bad. :D
13:46 druthb I speak Klingon about as well as I speak German.  Not very well, and only with a reference handy.
13:46 druthb But kf has been teaching me words—enough so I would not starve if I came to Germany.
13:46 drojf yeah, a lot of people here speak klingon :P
13:49 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.12.x build #11: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.12.x/11/
13:49 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 10085: unapi does not function under Plack
13:49 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 8294: Fix display of serial enumeration for OPAC holds
13:49 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10026 - OPAC cart not showing location anymore
13:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10085 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Unapi does not function under Plack
13:49 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9358 - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
13:49 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9358 - Followup - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
13:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8294 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , enumeration should show in copy specific hold menu
13:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10026 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , OPAC cart not showing location anymore
13:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9358 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Pushed to Master , Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
13:49 jenkins_koha Starting build #1146 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:49 kf druthb: i also told you that people here speak english and half of the menus are english anyway
13:49 kf also we have mcdonalds and the like, starving woudl be really really hard
13:49 magnuse success! \o/
13:50 drojf druthb kf i could perfectly imagine a grumpy berlin waiting person to not serve you a hamburger if you don't pronounce it in a german way ;D
13:51 druthb magnuse:  Qapla'!  \o/
13:51 oleonard And likewise, if you come to America you'll find that most Americans speak French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, etc.
13:52 drojf @INC contains: /home/chris/git/koha.git <-- hehe
13:52 oleonard It's hard to keep up with them all, but we want to be good global citizens.
13:52 huginn drojf: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
13:52 druthb *snrk*
13:52 kf oleonard: lol
13:52 * druthb wonders what space-time warp oleonard has been in.
13:52 * magnuse senses a hint of irony or even sarcasm in oleonard's voice
13:53 druthb magnuse:  deeep sarcasm.
13:53 magnuse hehe
13:53 * magnuse wanders off to practice his norwegian
13:53 druthb being able to say "Good morning" in more than two languages is regarded as *very* unusual.
13:53 druthb (at least, in the South.)
14:02 tcohen that page doesn't exist tweetbot
14:04 oleonard
14:05 drojf how do i update all language files at once? i think i only did it manually before
14:05 drojf by language files i mean the .po files
14:08 nengard hmmmm ... how did it mess up that link?
14:08 oleonard It worked for me nengard
14:08 tcohen cd /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po
14:08 tcohen rm lang*.po
14:08 nengard oh good - me too
14:08 nengard :)
14:08 tcohen for i in es-ES-pref.po es-ES-i-staff-t-prog-v-3006000.po es-ES-i-opac-t-prog-v-3006000.po es-ES-opac-ccsr.po ; do wget -O $i http://translate.koha-communit[…]/312/$i/download/ ; done
14:09 tcohen (that's for es-ES of course drojf)
14:09 talljoy joined #koha
14:10 kf hm some interesting examples
14:10 kf tcohen: copying that :)
14:11 edveal joined #koha
14:12 kf druthb: can we close 9018?
14:13 drojf tcohen: thanks! i thought i could get all files for all languages automatically
14:13 drojf but we have only english and german at the moment it seems :D
14:15 tcohen I don't have the language codes list, but you could wrap that inside another for loop of course
14:16 drojf i thought we had more languages activated, it does not really matter for german only. works fine btw, thanks
14:17 tcohen should koha-enable support more than one instance as parameter eythian magnuse?
14:18 tcohen its coded for that, but [ "$#" = 1 ] thinks otherwise
14:27 tcohen anyone that uses the koha-enable command?
14:34 gmcharlt tcohen: there's a loop after, so I think allowing more than one instance name was intended
14:34 gmcharlt the parameter check just needs to be tweaked to check for *at least* one
14:34 tcohen i'm revisiting those scripts as of bug 4876 and bug 10003
14:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , Rewrite koha-* scripts in Perl, with error checking - omnibus
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10003 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , koha-* scripts (packages) should provide tab-completion in bash
14:35 drojf "Vampyrologie für Bibliothekare". lol
14:44 tcohen gmcharlt: would you abort if an instance is already enabled or non-existent? (context loop in koha-enable)
14:45 gmcharlt tcohen: hmm, no -- just print a statement to the effect that it was already enabled
14:46 tcohen ok, and non-existent?
14:47 gmcharlt still warn, but don't abort
14:47 rambutan @later tell wizzyrea We have about 3/4" of snow on the ground
14:47 huginn rambutan: The operation succeeded.
14:47 rambutan @wunder 64507
14:47 huginn rambutan: The current temperature in Wyatt Park, St Joseph, Missouri is 0.4°C (9:43 AM CDT on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Rising). Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 8 am CDT Wednesday...
14:47 oleonard rambutan: You're the other-people's-weather channel?
14:48 drojf magnuse++ btw, it was of course a problem of old translation files
14:48 oleonard @wunder 45701
14:48 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in OHDOT 31-Athens County Garage, Athens, Ohio is 16.1°C (10:21 AM EDT on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.17 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
14:48 rambutan weather underground?
14:50 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
14:50 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 25.0°C (11:00 AM ART on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
14:50 druthb @wunder 77098
14:50 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Morningside Place, Houston, Texas is 22.3°C (9:45 AM CDT on April 23, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 80%. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
14:57 drojf i think the university server reindexes slower than my raspberry pi :/
14:58 kf Joubu++ for unit tests :)
14:58 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1146: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1146/
14:58 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 10085: unapi does not function under Plack
14:58 jenkins_koha * Katrin Fischer: Bug 8294: Fix display of serial enumeration for OPAC holds
14:58 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10026 - OPAC cart not showing location anymore
14:58 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9358 - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
14:58 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 9358 - Followup - Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10085 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Unapi does not function under Plack
14:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8294 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , enumeration should show in copy specific hold menu
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10026 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , OPAC cart not showing location anymore
14:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9358 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Pushed to Master , Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
15:00 Joubu kf: Thanks, but I'm not happy. I reinvent the wheel (create order, basket, vendor, etc.) for 3 little tests :-/
15:01 Joubu it's better than nothing!
15:02 kf it definitely is
15:02 kf why is acq so hard?
15:03 kf I mean everyone says it is and I blieve it :) but what's the main reason? data linked together so much?
15:03 BigRig joined #koha
15:07 kf hm probably
15:07 * kf goes back to checkign serials data imports
15:11 tcohen am i wrong or changing apache configs need a reload instead of a restart command?
15:11 jcamins tcohen: reload works sometimes.
15:11 jcamins Restart works all the time.
15:11 jcamins I use restart.
15:12 tcohen thanks jcamins
15:12 druthb Part of the reason it's so hard, kf, is the lack of any sorts of useful standards for how one does it.  (unlike, say, cataloging, where we have AACR/MARCish things that say "here's how to do it."  Each *institution* can do purchase orders different, mostly.)
15:17 oleonard ...when really they should all be speaking Klingon.
15:17 drojf yay, update done, nothing obviously broken \o/
15:17 druthb oleonard++
15:19 oleonard Klingon is the new Esperanto
15:21 reiveune bye
15:21 reiveune left #koha
15:27 asaurat esperanto is nice :) and easier than klingon ;)
15:27 * kf waves to asaurat
15:27 asaurat salut :)
15:28 druthb bonan matenon, asurat! :)
15:28 asaurat charmita :D
15:29 oleonard Now see that just looks like you're speaking any number of languages incorrectly.
15:29 asaurat yeah, somehow, hehe
15:29 tcohen bug 10101, i'm loving  the palindrome
15:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10101 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , koha-enable error handling
15:29 asaurat it's not very beautiful
15:30 asaurat well, a good part of the esperanto writings belong to the poetry genre, maybe some gems are awaiting here and there =)
15:31 asaurat before the couchsurfing community, esperanto was a good way to travel
15:31 kf someone recently pointed out that stressed reads desserts backwards... which explains a whole lot
15:31 asaurat lol
15:31 asaurat never noticed that hehe
15:32 druthb The nice thing about Esperanto is that the vowels do not change meaning with pronunciation.
15:33 druthb You can't say the "wrong" word by mispronouncing a vowel…it's just "an accent."
15:33 asaurat yep, it's easy to lean and easy to understand during a conversation (well, I just took a few lessons...)
15:34 oleonard Does anyone have an example of an active AuthorisedValueImages system preference showing images in OPAC search results?
15:34 oleonard I tried setting an image for a LOC value, but it isn't showing up in search results
15:35 jcamins oleonard: when I tested your patch for that it worked.
15:35 drojf kf: did the problem with 10050 get fixed or did rangi just not find it? :)
15:36 sophie_m joined #koha
15:36 kf he didn't find it
15:36 kf but it's on my list... and it's a long list
15:36 kf if you got a minute a patch would be awesme
15:36 asaurat good evening, bis Donnerstag
15:36 oleonard jcamins: Oh, forgot it's only biblio-level (which makes sense)
15:36 asaurat left #koha
15:38 christophe_c left #koha
15:38 drojf kf: seems like i am done with my work here, so yes. if i find the log of our conversation and remember what the problem was :)
15:39 kf the problem is that the pref is missing from sysprefs.sql
15:39 drojf ah right!
15:39 kf and it seems that when you switch it in the editor and it does not exist in the database
15:39 kf it's added in lowercase
15:39 kf and that makes the sql fail
15:39 kf while it shoudl be matching the capitalization from the pref editor
15:40 kf guess that would warrant another fix, but adding it to the sysprefs.sql would be nice still
15:40 kf jcamins: and that is the reason why all new prefs should be added to sysprefs.sql
15:41 kf I wonder if we also need a database update... not sure when the pref was introduced
15:42 kf reasons I love koha - this library got an update of over 6800 records last thursday and we didn't even notice it :)
15:42 kf with the automated imports from the union catalog
15:42 drojf witchcraft!
15:42 kf hehe yes:)
15:43 drojf did you see the vampire book on inetbib? i have not had the time to look what it actually is
15:43 jcamins I don't know what you're talking about, but so far as I know, all new prefs have been added to sysprefs.sql.
15:43 jcamins If one wasn't, a patch is welcome.
15:46 BigRig_ joined #koha
15:47 Callender_ joined #koha
15:47 darth_tater joined #koha
15:47 darth_tater_ joined #koha
16:00 rambutan @later tell wizzyrea[…]32/vansnow01.jpg/
16:00 huginn rambutan: The operation succeeded.
16:00 * druthb does not miss snow.  Not a bit.
16:01 * druthb wore a sleeveless blouse to work today, and drove with the windows down.
16:01 libsysguy speaking of work
16:01 libsysguy is lunch down there yet?
16:01 rambutan ya, y'all living in the tropics... :)
16:02 libsysguy :p
16:03 rambutan I used to live in SAT, I remember watering my lawn at midnight on New Year's eve one time.
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:03 druthb should be, libsysguy.  Come join me for lunch?
16:05 drojf there is no ; at the end of the last line of syspref.sql in master. shouldn't that make it explode?
16:05 jcamins Isn't it 11 on TX?
16:05 jcamins drojf: it should.
16:06 jcamins But doesn't, apparently, since I ran a new install a few weeks ago.
16:06 drojf yay, fixing two bugs with one patch ;)
16:07 jcamins *in TX
16:12 jatara joined #koha
16:16 tcohen joined #koha
16:18 drojf so, what's a test plan for a line missing in sysprefs.sql that nobody realized for two years?
16:20 jcamins drojf: run new installation, check if you can change the syspref, and if you can, it passes?
16:22 drojf oh look, starting a second VM with the same IP as the first is a bad idea. who would have imagined that.
16:22 jcamins Heh.
16:25 mcooper joined #koha
16:26 kf drojf: i downloaded it a few minutes ago :)
16:26 kf jcamins: just pointing out we found a reason why it's bad :) and a missing one
16:27 kf not to have the pref in the sql file that is
16:36 drojf jcamins: i can actually change the syspref without the patch
16:37 jcamins Oh, then what's the problem?
16:37 kf jcamins: the problem is that it's different then the one added with the update - all lower case
16:37 jcamins Ah.
16:37 jcamins So, check whether it's capitalized properly. :)
16:37 kf and that's why the German installer won't update it
16:37 kf it's a weird bug
16:41 drojf it's getting more confusing by the minute
16:41 kf which is a good moment to leave :)
16:41 kf bye all :)
16:41 drojf kf: when i try to add it manually in mysql, it does not care about case
16:42 drojf yeah right, confuse me and run off :P
16:42 kf heh
16:42 kf you said it didn't work!
16:42 kf :)
16:42 kf I will be back soon
16:42 drojf well, it didn't. it is not there after installation
16:43 kf ah right
16:43 drojf that is the confusing part
16:43 kf so maybe just add it?
16:43 drojf does case matter for sql from the installer but not manually?
16:43 kf hm it can#t be there because it's not loaded
16:43 kf I guess the problem was not case
16:43 drojf ah, right, its added afterwards
16:43 drojf yes
16:43 kf for that
16:43 drojf thanks for unconfusing me, you may leave
16:43 drojf ;)
16:44 kf I confused you int he first place so it was only fair
16:44 drojf :)
16:44 kf guess the lc/uc doesn't matter much, but it's not really nice
16:46 drojf then fix it, it's wrong in your patch :P
16:51 drojf bug 10103
16:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10103 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , UniqueItemFields is missing from sysprefs.sql
16:51 jcamins Regarding khall's e-mail... is that really a feature Koha doesn't have?
16:53 oleonard jcamins: There's no way to renew something by simply scanning the barcode. Renewals have to go through a patron screen.
16:53 khall it's a school that wants it. Each class just puts all the books for renewal in a bin, and the bin does to the library. So many difference items checked out to different students need to be renewed, and they don't know who they are checked out to off hand.
16:53 jcamins That shocks me.
16:54 oleonard jcamins: Did you think you just hadn't happened across it yet? :)
16:54 jcamins Yup.
16:54 jcamins I rarely use circ.
16:54 gmcharlt sounds like a use case that other schools might want, though -- should be considered for master rather than a plugin, IMO
16:55 jcamins Agreed.
16:55 jcamins I was just checking whether it was true we couldn't do it before saying so.
16:55 jcamins (not that I doubted khall, but it's kind of hard to believe)
16:56 oleonard It's much easier public libraries too, to be able to be handed a book and renew it without having to ask for the patron's card.
16:56 drojf i'm pretty sure german school libraries would use it. if they'd finally start using koha
16:56 jcamins We used that at my undergrad institution.
16:57 drojf i don't think you can renew anything without your card in public and university libraries though. at least in none i use
16:57 khall if we wanted to go crazy we could have a 'renewal' tab by the 'checkout' and 'search' tabs in the header
16:57 jcamins Professors would send a grad assistant with photocopies of the barcodes.
16:57 jcamins Actually, it may just have been one professor.
16:57 drojf lol
16:58 drojf my work here is done
16:58 * drojf heads home
17:02 quocuy joined #koha
17:05 talljoy joined #koha
17:13 libsysguy joined #koha
17:39 JesseM joined #koha
17:49 tcohen hmm, back from lunch, less productive I guess
18:01 rambutan joined #koha
18:03 drojf joined #koha
18:04 sophie_m left #koha
18:05 gerundio joined #koha
18:12 tcohen connection refused connecting to
18:12 jcamins Works for me.
18:14 tcohen yes, problems on our gw i guess
18:31 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:37 chris_n joined #koha
18:38 oleonard Working on the search results page:[…]h-new-toolbar.png
18:39 oleonard I'm trying a new "toolbar" design for the search results like the one I did for lists, where controls are activated after you make a selection
18:39 oleonard That lets me separate those controls from the highlight/unhighlight link and the sort form, giving more space for everything
18:39 oleonard But "unhighlight" looks pretty lonely up there.
18:42 cait joined #koha
18:45 jcamins oleonard: nice! But you're right.
18:45 * cait waves
18:47 jcamins oleonard: what about adding that to the toolbar at the top?
18:48 oleonard I don't understand
18:49 jcamins oleonard: the black bar at the top- could you add a highlight/unhighlight toggle there instead of floating in the middle of the page?
18:50 oleonard I don't think that would make sense--Highlighting is only happening within the table of search results
18:50 jcamins Oh, true.
18:59 chris_n joined #koha
19:05 oleonard I've got the Cart and Lists buttons working too:[…]art-indicator.png
19:07 jcamins oleonard++
19:07 libsysguy looks good man
19:08 tcohen yeah, really good
19:23 jcamins Hehe. I just cataloged two 5-1/4" floppies and their user manual.
19:25 oleonard Radical.
19:25 oleonard Did you flop them, just for fun?
19:26 chris_n joined #koha
19:30 jcamins oleonard: I did not.
19:32 khall_away joined #koha
19:37 rangi Morning
19:37 wahanui i heard Morning was a state of cat
19:38 oleonard Hi rangi
19:38 * cait waves
19:42 rangi What's new?
19:43 cait in eight hours? not much :)
19:45 * oleonard wonders if anyone has strong feelings about CSS rule organization
19:46 rangi Nope
19:47 gmcharlt oleonard: my only feeling: having fewer of them would be good
19:48 mtompset joined #koha
19:48 rangi W
19:48 oleonard gmcharlt: My method right now is to only copy styles from the current stylesheet as they are needed, so hopefully it will be trimmed down.
19:48 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
19:49 gmcharlt oleonard++
19:49 rangi ould one of the frameworks be useful?
19:49 rangi I forget all the things the design team tell mr
19:49 jcamins I've been using LESS, and in turns out it _does_ make it easier.
19:49 rangi Me even
19:50 rangi Ah yeah that was one
19:50 jcamins Color me surprised.
19:50 mtompset What colour is suprised? ;)
19:50 oleonard I'd love to be able to ship Koha with minified versions of our CSS, and LESS would help us do that
19:51 oleonard We'd have to get everyone on board though
19:51 jcamins mtompset: with me? Kind of an off-white grayish color.
19:51 jcamins Just like everything else. :P
19:51 mtompset minified? You mean one giant line?
19:51 jcamins Hopefully not-so-giant.
19:52 oleonard mtompset: If we used LESS we could include both a minified and non-minified version of the CSS but only link to the minified version
19:52 mtompset But \n's are so irrelevant to CSS. ;)
19:52 jcamins mtompset: exactly. One character fewer per line.
19:52 oleonard I'm not sure it makes much of a difference if the server is gzipping
19:52 mtompset Which means one giant line. ;)
19:53 jcamins mtompset: one line, but hopefully not a giant one. ;)
19:53 rangi My stop brb
19:53 oleonard Note that the current main OPAC css file is almost 3000 lines long
19:53 mtompset less minifies?
19:54 oleonard Doesn't it include that option?
19:54 * oleonard could be wrong
19:54 cait brb
19:54 jcamins If you add -c in the command line.
19:54 jcamins It does.
19:55 mtompset -c? That's --clear-screen, isn't it?
19:55 jcamins -x sorry
19:56 jcamins Or --yui-compress, though I don't know exactly what that does.
19:57 rangi Oh meeting in an hour?
19:57 jcamins I thought 7 minutes, but maybe.
19:58 druthb o/
20:00 drojf[…]0130423T14&p1=599 ?
20:01 jcamins So, yeah, hour.
20:01 mtompset and 3 minutes. :P
20:01 jcamins Right.
20:03 rangi :)
20:03 rangi hi druthb
20:04 druthb hi, rangi! :D
20:04 jcamins cait: drojf: Why doesn't Kochbuchverlag have an umlaut?
20:05 drojf where would you put the umlaut? :)
20:05 oleonard Everywhere!
20:05 wahanui i think everywhere is a suburb
20:05 drojf hehe
20:05 druthb drojf++
20:05 jcamins drojf: Köchbuchverlag.
20:05 jcamins Every other word to do with kitchens has an umlaut in the first syllable.
20:06 druthb @quote add "jcamins: Why doesn't Kochbuchverlag have an umlaut?" "drojf: where would you put the umlaut? :)" "oleonard: Everywhere!"
20:06 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.  Quote #242 added.
20:06 * druthb whistles innocently
20:06 kathryn joined #koha
20:07 druthb @quote search umlaut
20:07 huginn druthb: 1 found: #242: "jcamins: Why doesn't Kochbuchverlag have an..."
20:07 druthb @quote random
20:07 huginn druthb: Quote #164: "<sekjal> word of advice to folks: take an aspirin before reading C4/" (added by wizzyrea at 09:08 PM, November 14, 2011)
20:07 drojf jcamins: 'kochen' means cooking. a 'koch' is a cook. the plural actually has an umlaut. 'die köche' - the cooks. the 'koch' in 'kochbuch' comes from the verb though
20:08 drojf and what do you mean by "Every other word to do with kitchens has an umlaut in the first syllable."? :D
20:08 mtompset His sample data was too small? :)
20:08 jcamins drojf: Der Küche, and there were several compound words with Küche-
20:08 drojf lol. hi mtompset
20:09 mtompset Greetings, drojf druthb oleonard jcamins rangi gmcharlt. :)
20:09 druthb hi, mtompset! :)
20:09 drojf jcamins: die küche ;) yeah the compounds have küchen-* too. but do you have other kitchen-related words with umlaut?
20:10 drojf back- (bake-/baking-) also does not get one
20:10 jcamins drojf: no, just types of kitchens.
20:10 drojf lol
20:10 * mtompset grins, "I was right! Small sample size."
20:10 jcamins But this is the first cookbook in German which had an example of a non-umlauted kitcheny word.
20:10 drojf :)
20:11 cait jcamins: and you say I have weird data....
20:11 * mtompset laughs and high fives cait.
20:11 mtompset Greetings, cait. :)
20:12 jcamins cait: What? It's a pile of cookbooks.
20:15 mib_ec04hs joined #koha
20:15 alohabot Hi mib_ec04hs, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
20:16 drojf1 joined #koha
20:16 cait eythian: ping
20:17 drojf that's a stupid time for forced disconnect
20:17 cait wb drojf
20:20 oleonard Bye #koha
20:23 * magnuse has heard of heavy metal umlaut, but not kitchen umlaut
20:25 rambutan should hugelkultur have an umlaut in German?
20:25 cait I guess it could
20:25 cait hügelkultur
20:25 cait just not sure what it is :)
20:25 rambutan
20:25 cait aah
20:25 cait hügel = hills
20:26 magnuse in norwegian "hyggelig" = nice, friendly, cozy
20:26 magnuse so a friendly cilture?
20:29 * druthb tried to change her nick to drüthb, but the server doesn't like that.  Guess rambütan is out of luck, too.
20:29 magnuse gah!
20:30 druthb :P
20:30 rambutan druthb: /nick rambütan
20:30 rambutan oops
20:30 * druthb hands out heavy-metal umlauts.
20:31 rambutan seems to just >/dev/null
20:31 jcamins Aww. I wanted an umlaut in my nick!
20:31 druthb I got an error back from the server when I tried it.  Illegal char.
20:31 magnuse i get nothing
20:32 jcamins Mibbit tells me I need a new nick.
20:32 druthb jcämins  :P
20:32 druthb Is it more-metal to umlaut the I, which is less-likely in the wild?
20:32 druthb jcamïns… hm
20:33 * mtompset looks away and looks back and laughs at druthb's umlaut-izing of jcamins. :)
20:33 magnuse Queensrÿche?
20:33 druthb mtömpset ?
20:33 jcamins That character doesn't render for me.
20:33 magnuse ï does not *look* heavy to me...
20:33 cait cäit
20:34 jcamins magnuse: what did you type?
20:34 magnuse i with two dots
20:34 jcamins Like this: ï
20:34 jcamins ?
20:34 magnuse umlaut-i
20:34 druthb Queensrÿche
20:34 magnuse yup
20:34 mtompset "mtömpset Erroneous Nickname" -- sorry, druthb. :P
20:34 jcamins I wonder why when you typed it it did not work.
20:34 jcamins (on my screen)
20:34 druthb yeah, composed chars just don't work as nicks.
20:34 druthb not unicode-compliant.
20:34 cait discriminating against umlauts? tsk
20:35 mtompset I agree with you, cait. They are so ascii-ist. ;)
20:35 magnuse mägnüse
20:35 druthb yes!
20:35 druthb oooh..  Magnus is more metal than we are.  *two* umlauts!
20:35 magnuse moahaha!
20:36 mtompset Come on, if you are going to umlaut two vowels, why not all of them, magnuse? :P
20:36 magnuse *and* i hail from the homeland of black metal...
20:36 magnuse mtompset: oops, sorry it slipped...
20:36 drojf hail seitan!
20:37 cait that not tofu stuff?
20:37 druthb http://www.questionablecontent[…]iew.php?comic=666
20:37 magnuse "A "second wave" arose in the early 1990s, spearheaded by Norwegian bands such as Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone, Immortal and Emperor. The early Norwegian black metal scene developed the style of their forebears into a distinct genre. Norwegian-inspired black metal scenes emerged throughout Europe and North America" (Wikipedia)
20:37 drojf cait: gluten :D
20:39 magnuse ?
20:39 magnuse oops, did i scare khall_away away?
20:40 khall_away nope, I'm just taking off for the day! Take care everyone!
20:40 magnuse hehe, have fun khall_away!
20:40 drojf magnuse: yes!
20:41 magnuse yes what?
20:42 jcamins The only way to cook seitan.
20:44 magnuse is that a fish you can buy in the chinese market?
20:44 drojf magnuse: yes,
20:44 jcamins magnuse: no, it's processed gluten.
20:45 trea
20:45 trea cut the tofu, turn the plate.
20:45 jcamins Add the srirachaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
20:46 rangi :)
20:48 rangi[…]es-public-130423/
20:49 rangi i still like git annex assistant better, but this is still better than dropbox
20:49 rangi hen
20:49 magnuse too bad this is not subtitled: italian black metal fans studying norwegian at university :-)
20:49 rangi heh too
20:50 * magnuse should get around to checking out git annex
20:51 dlnieman joined #koha
20:52 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:54 wizzyrea left #koha
20:54 * magnuse scares himself off to bed
20:55 gmcharlt git-annex++
20:56 nancyk joined #koha
20:56 rangi hiya nancyk
20:57 cait hi nancyk
20:57 nengard left #koha
20:58 nancyk hi cait
20:58 nancyk and rangi
21:02 nancyk 2 minutes
21:02 William joined #koha
21:03 nancyk #Startmeeting - KohaCon 13 Planning Meeting
21:04 nancyk #topic - Introductions
21:04 nancyk nancyk KohaCon13 chair
21:04 jcamins @botsnack test
21:04 huginn jcamins: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:04 jcamins nancyk: looks like huginn didn't recognize the startmeeting. Perhaps all lowercase?
21:05 nancyk #startmeeting - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23
21:05 huginn Meeting started Tue Apr 23 21:01:53 2013 UTC.  The chair is nancyk. Information about MeetBot at
21:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to '__kohacon_13_planning_meeting_april_23'
21:05 nancyk thanks
21:06 William Hello Jcamis will this help[…]ywords/pilot.html
21:06 nancyk #topic - Registration and program update
21:06 Topic for #koha is now - Registration and program update (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:06 jcamins William: I just wanted to know if huginn was working. No need for actual quotes. :)
21:07 William OH apologies :)
21:07 nancyk We currently have 38 people registered, and 19 programs proposed, and an opening speaker.
21:07 rangi hmm
21:07 rangi oh cool
21:07 jcamins How many slots are there to fill?
21:07 nancyk Some people have indicated they will be bringing others, but they have not yet registered.
21:08 rangi 38 before a programme is published is a really good number
21:08 nancyk Subjects covered will be training, 14 years of the Koha project, hardware requirements for standard, and virtual servers, access all library materials at one time with VuFind, round table discussions, using telephone notification in Koha, Koha live USB for LIS teaching purposes
21:08 nancyk And Libki demo, plug-ins, access all library materials at one time with DSpace, how to test and sign off on bugs, history of Koha, community organization, Koha use cases, new web services and Drupal integration, a Nevada cultural moment, serials management on a shoestring, open source ERms and GoKB
21:09 rangi those all sound good
21:09 cait yep
21:09 nancyk We still need someone to present newbie resources, discussion on future development of Koha’s multi-language capabilities.
21:09 nancyk The April 15 deadline was to get people to submit their programs.  We can still take more.
21:09 rangi cool
21:10 nancyk #topic - Programs group needs to meet
21:10 Topic for #koha is now - Programs group needs to meet (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:10 rangi if you want to do a 'deadline extended' type email im happy to send it forward it far and wide
21:10 nancyk ok rangi
21:10 jcamins About how many sessions would you estimate there is time for on the schedule?
21:10 cait maybe we could ask some poeple for presentations?
21:11 cait I would think one on acq would be cool to go with the serials one
21:11 rangi that is a good idea cait
21:11 nancyk I will meet with Nicole soon to get an idea of the program and it's holes.
21:11 rangi nancyk: will we be breaking for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea?
21:11 cait and I think oleonard wnated to do something maybe?
21:11 cait having him talk about the new opac design might be nice
21:11 nancyk Of course
21:12 rangi so 4 sessions, of around 1.5 - 2 hours each
21:12 rangi * 3
21:12 nancyk we are planning on lots of great topics and breaks.
21:12 rangi need 12 sessions worth
21:12 rangi so thats about 30ish
21:13 jcamins Thanks.
21:13 rangi less if some ppl do 1+ slots
21:13 rangi like a panel might take 1.5 hours
21:13 jcamins Just trying to get a sense of whether there was a desperate need for more talks.
21:13 rangi id say we need around 5-10 more at a total guestimate
21:13 nancyk I think we will be doing fine with just a few additions, and we have the round table discussions that could be extended.
21:13 * gmcharlt can fill in another slot if needed
21:14 jcamins But not desperately. Thanks.
21:14 rangi yay!
21:14 * rangi is nosey who the keynote is
21:14 nancyk #topic Opening speaker
21:14 Topic for #koha is now Opening speaker (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:14 cait gmcharlt: maybe update on next version?
21:14 nancyk Galen Charlton, next RM, on where Koha is headed, and something inspirational!
21:15 rangi sweet
21:15 jcamins cait: so much for that. ;)
21:15 jcamins It's already taken.
21:15 nancyk #topic Mistress of Ceremonies
21:15 Topic for #koha is now Mistress of Ceremonies (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:16 cait :)
21:16 nancyk Megan Conelly, our local gal
21:16 nancyk #topic - Donations and Sponsorships
21:16 Topic for #koha is now - Donations and Sponsorships (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:16 rangi excellent
21:17 nancyk We are getting ready to send out sponsorship invitations to vendors.  They will be invited to sponsor food for our break times, buses for our trips on Saturday, or just to give money.
21:17 nancyk Sponsors will be acknowledged before and during the conference.   We will be asking local restaurants for discounts.  More information will be on the KohaCon13 web site soon.
21:17 rangi awesomesauce
21:17 gmcharlt they serve that in Reno?  Wow!
21:17 nancyk is that a real word?
21:17 rangi it is now
21:18 jcamins It is on #koha.
21:18 nancyk #topic - Road Trip
21:18 Topic for #koha is now - Road Trip (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:18 William reno has wicked awesomesauce
21:18 * wizzyrea pours the awesomesauce all over Kohacon, and proclaims it "good"
21:18 cait I would say that sounds like it#s going to be a great event :)
21:18 nancyk We are investigating Tahoe, Squaw Valley, Virginia City, University of Nevada, Reno Makerspace.  Special event NLA President’s reception:  Beer, wine and food at the Downtown Reno library branch Thursday night.  Cost most likely $20 U.S. dollars, and a directly north from the Atlantis via short bus ride.
21:19 rangi ohh those all sound good
21:19 nancyk #topic - Vendor requests
21:19 Topic for #koha is now - Vendor requests (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:19 nancyk I forgot what this was to be about
21:19 cait :)
21:20 nancyk But -Any vendors requesting booth space at KohaCon13, are being directed to our NLA (Nevada Library Association) friends who will be just next door.  Our attendees will be welcome to visit NLA vendors if they desire.
21:20 rangi cool
21:20 gmcharlt will KohaCon folks be able to access the NLA meeting (or its exhibits space, at least), free of charge?
21:20 nancyk #topic - What have we forgotten?
21:20 Topic for #koha is now - What have we forgotten? (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:21 rangi at the last few kohacons, we've had a table where vendors can put material .. all on the same table, but no boothy salesy stuff
21:21 rangi i think that worked ok?
21:21 nancyk exhibit space is free, conference not.
21:21 gmcharlt nancyk: thanks
21:21 cait having them next door sounds like a good solution to me :)
21:21 jcamins Anyway, our talks will be cooler so no one will want to go to them anyway. :)
21:21 rangi you'd have to be mad to be at a booth and miss the talks
21:21 rangi exactly!
21:21 cait we can still have a table I guess? can put where to find them next door there too
21:22 nancyk next up - A digital flier will be sent to Library organizations, and anyone who requests one.
21:23 rangi whats going to be in that?
21:24 nancyk links to info about Koha, and the conference.  This will be for interested libraries.
21:24 rangi ah righto
21:24 nancyk We want to have non users come too
21:24 rangi yup
21:25 rangi its usually around 50/50
21:25 nancyk anything else?
21:25 wahanui anything else is, like, a guess
21:25 cait nancyk: sounds all well planned out :)
21:25 nancyk wow, it's almost like I know what I'm doing!
21:26 nancyk #topic - how about next meeting will be May 23rd at 22 UTC?
21:26 Topic for #koha is now - how about next meeting will be May 23rd at 22 UTC? (Meeting topic: - KohaCon 13 Planning meeting April 23)
21:27 nancyk thanks for attending and giving feedback today.
21:27 cait sounds good to me :)
21:27 cait nancyk++
21:27 jcamins The day after the release!
21:27 nancyk #endmeeting
21:27 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 7 May 2013 at 02:00 UTC
21:27 huginn Meeting ended Tue Apr 23 21:23:53 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:27 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-23-21.01.html
21:27 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-04-23-21.01.txt
21:27 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-21.01.log.html
21:27 cait night all :)
21:27 cait left #koha
21:47 talljoy joined #koha
22:14 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), everyone! :)
22:16 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:16 trea joined #koha
22:46 wizzyrea very quiet in here
22:49 tcohen joined #koha
22:52 tcohen good evening
22:53 rangi hi tcohen
22:53 eythian hi
22:53 wahanui salut, eythian
22:53 tcohen been playing a bit with the scripts eythian
22:53 eythian cool
22:54 tcohen i'm having fun with the tab-completion thing
22:55 eythian sweet :)
22:59 tcohen are there any important koha-create bugs around?
22:59 tcohen besides the rollback issue?
23:02 eythian hmm, we'd like to extend it to allow DOM indexing to be configured from it, though that's more than just koha-create really.
23:02 eythian I don't know of any off the top of my head, though that doesn't mean it's not there.
23:03 tcohen memcached support should be quite easy to implement
23:03 tcohen anyway, I refered to bugs that have patches waiting to be pushed actually
23:07 tcohen tell me eythian, what is needed for the DOM bug?
23:07 tcohen is it difficult to support it?
23:08 tcohen i can trade work for *some* bug being pushed
23:08 eythian ah right. I don't think it'd be too hard, it'd require some changes to the koha-conf.xml template mostly, allowing parts to be switched on and off to let the config be DOM or GRS.
23:08 eythian heh
23:08 eythian I'm hoping to get a couple of things checked out this morning, but can't do much: have a big thing to write today that has a tight deadline
23:08 tcohen (one we really need for using 3.12 packages ;))
23:08 eythian which one is that?
23:08 tcohen oh, I see
23:09 tcohen 8773
23:11 eythian I'll see if I can have a look through that today.
23:11 eythian if it's quick, I can possibly get it sorted soon.
23:12 tcohen the relevant part is that the code that launches it is commented out
23:12 tcohen its there for someone that'd like to test it
23:13 drnoe_away left #koha
23:13 tcohen if we happen to include a new indexer, we can change it in one place and should work too
23:14 tcohen (we will actually use it, and patch it if something appears)
23:14 tcohen oh, gotta run: coooking and koha is not a good mixture
23:14 eythian heh
23:15 tcohen bbl
23:23 dcook joined #koha
23:26 jcamins What do you mean?
23:27 jcamins Cooking and Koha is a great mixture!
23:27 wizzyrea ^^
23:33 melia rangi around?
23:33 rangi yup
23:34 melia well hello sir.  how's it going?
23:34 rangi hehe not too bad, hows things with you?
23:35 melia I have been sick but am back in the game today!
23:35 melia I was looking for the 3.10.5 release and don't see it. not out yet? (sorry if hundreds of other people have already asked you that questions!)
23:36 rangi nope not out yet, waiting on the po files before i can release
23:36 melia ah the po files
23:36 melia okey doke. thanks!
23:36 rangi the release notes are up in git though
23:36 rangi if you want to read them
23:37 rangi[…]ccbcb5e22f1543948
23:37 dcook mtj: The boss took a look at that MARC::Moose::Formater::UnimarcToMarc21 module last night. He said it did a good job of the conversion overall, but lost the 942/952/999 fields :/
23:38 papa joined #koha
23:38 eythian hello papa
23:44 rambutan joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary