IRC log for #koha, 2012-11-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 jcamins melia++ # *that* is a testing report
00:09 melia thanks! :)
00:11 wizzyrea :) melia is quite good at that
00:11 drojf ah yes i did not do the translation update because the server did not work for me. now that i saw how slow it is i remembered ;)
00:11 drojf but it looks ok now
00:12 drojf (my koha, the server is still very slow)
00:14 trea joined #koha
00:19 melia hey jcamins I just saw your note about changing the email address. thanks! I hadn't even noticed that it was wrong.
00:20 jcamins melia: yeah, I kept on noticing after I'd merged the patches you signed off on into master, so I figured I'd point it out to you so you could fix it. :)
00:20 melia done!  let me go find another one to sign off and make sure it's right now
00:29 jcamins Wait, there was a new livecd released?
00:29 jcamins Guess someone needs need to tell Vimal to post on k-c.org.
00:37 drojf jcamins: you mean 3.8.6? he announced it on the mailing list. i never got to answer anything useful or really try the disk though
00:37 jcamins He did?
00:37 drojf yes, it was quite some time ago
00:38 jcamins I never received it.
00:38 jcamins I'm glad he announced it, though. :)
00:38 drojf 27.10.2012 [Koha] Koha Live CD for testing. seems like it was only on the main list
00:40 drojf no, it was also on the dev list
01:07 trea left #koha
01:08 trea1 joined #koha
01:33 stefan-l joined #koha
03:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7687' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]7b8aded8b48ab9c71> / Bug 7687 - Remove problematic CSS gradient declarations targeting Internet Explorer <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]6d1b34a72319759e6> / Merge branch 'bug_8981' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=ko
03:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #960 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:38 ibeardslee joined #koha
03:40 ibeardslee joined #koha
03:55 trea left #koha
04:36 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #960: SUCCESS in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/960/
04:36 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8710 - Don't show the images tab in the OPAC if the record has no local images
04:36 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8164: Replace IFNULL with COALESCE
04:36 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7731 [Follow-up] Library should be used instead of branch and site
04:36 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 5801 - C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch wrongly used in opac-reserve.pl
04:36 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 8981 - Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
04:36 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8981 follow-up: case
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8710 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Do not show the images tab in the OPAC if the record has no local cover images
04:36 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7687 - Remove problematic CSS gradient declarations targeting Internet Explorer
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8164 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Replace IFNULL() with COALESCE() in all database calls
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7731 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Library should be used instead of branch and site
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5801 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch should not be used in opac-reserve.pl
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8981 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
04:36 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7687 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove problematic CSS gradient declarations targeting Internet Explorer
04:47 sdawa joined #koha
04:49 sdawa please help me out in creating patron card from KOHA
05:07 thd-away` joined #koha
06:16 cait joined #koha
06:55 laurence joined #koha
07:14 jenkins_koha Starting build #24 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:16 alex_a_ bonjour
07:16 cait hi alex_a_ :)
07:16 rangi hi alex_a_
07:20 alex_a_ hi rangi and cait :)
07:21 cait friday!
07:23 alex_a_ yeahhh!
07:23 laurence joined #koha
07:25 cait bonjour laurence
07:26 cait oh new newsletter :)
07:40 asaurat joined #koha
07:41 sophie_m joined #koha
07:41 laurence hi cait
07:44 sophie_m hello #koha
07:44 rangi hi laurence and sophie_m
07:44 cait hi sophie_m :)
07:47 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
07:47 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:47 rangi hi reiveune
07:48 reiveune hi rangi, magnuse, cait
07:49 cait bbl
07:52 julian_m joined #koha
07:56 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #24: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/24/
07:56 jenkins_koha kyle: Bug 5801 - C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch wrongly used in opac-reserve.pl
07:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5801 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch should not be used in opac-reserve.pl
07:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #25 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:59 laurence joined #koha
08:04 lds joined #koha
08:05 lds hello
08:12 kf joined #koha
08:13 paul_p joined #koha
08:20 kf hi #koha
08:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #239 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:30 * magnuse waves
08:30 * kf waves back
08:39 * magnuse ponders organizing relevant parts of the wiki into a "developer handbook" - it could be a template with a "table of contents" repeated at the bottom of relevant pages
08:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #25: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/25/
08:46 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 8981 - Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
08:46 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8981 follow-up: case
08:46 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7687 - Remove problematic CSS gradient declarations targeting Internet Explorer
08:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8981 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
08:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7687 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Remove problematic CSS gradient declarations targeting Internet Explorer
08:46 magnuse success! \o/
09:03 druthb_mobile joined #koha
09:05 magnuse danielg++
09:06 magnuse kia ora druthb_mobile
09:06 druthb_mobile Hi, magnuse
09:16 drojf good morning #koha
09:17 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #239: SUCCESS in 47 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/239/
09:17 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 5801 - C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch wrongly used in opac-reserve.pl
09:17 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 8981 - Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
09:17 magnuse hiya drojf
09:17 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8981 follow-up: case
09:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5801 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , C4::Circulation::_GetCircControlBranch should not be used in opac-reserve.pl
09:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8981 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Remove Nonpublic General Note from OPAC authorities display
09:17 magnuse success! \o/
09:17 drojf hei magnuse
09:34 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
09:34 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is 3.9°C (10:13 AM CET on November 30, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 1.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
09:39 magnuse @wunder boo
09:39 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -3.0°C (10:20 AM CET on November 30, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: -13.0°C. Windchill: -12.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
09:40 magnuse the wind is 22 m/s...
09:52 lms joined #koha
10:25 samuel joined #koha
10:26 samuel hi vereybody
10:26 samuel everybody
10:26 wahanui everybody is so enthusiastic today :)
10:28 samuel something i don't know about the opac: can we add html pages in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac ? I've created this link http://koha.ecp.fr/cgi-bin/koh[…]presentation.html but it gives 404 error
11:07 thd-away joined #koha
12:12 stefan-l left #koha
12:13 jwagner joined #koha
12:21 kf left #koha
12:29 tcohen joined #koha
12:31 sophie_m joined #koha
12:39 nengard joined #koha
12:40 tcohen morning #koha
12:42 jcamins_away We don't have any unit tests for circ.
12:42 jcamins_away We should be ashamed of ourselves.
12:45 kf1 joined #koha
12:48 magnuse jcamins_away: we are...
12:49 tcohen i was about to write some for CalcDateDue
12:50 jcamins_away tcohen++
12:50 tcohen but got stuck on mockpackage
12:50 jcamins_away That's what I'm talking about! New unit tests!
12:50 jcamins_away We've been using MockModule.
12:50 jcamins_away It's pretty easy.
12:50 jcamins_away I don't know about MockPackage.
12:50 magnuse http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ster/960/clover/?
12:51 kf1 tcohen: I think there is an example on chris blog too
12:51 tcohen b back in a minute
12:52 magnuse http://blog.bigballofwax.co.nz[…]thout-a-database/
12:52 magnuse ^^ uses Test::MockModule
12:53 * magnuse has not gotten his head around mocking yet
12:53 tcohen my problem is not how to use the mockmodule (wrote it wrong) but on what to mock
12:53 kf1 I think the calendar data?
12:53 tcohen what i was thinking is that
12:54 tcohen what i'd need o mock are some new functions
12:54 tcohen that retreive data from the DB
12:54 tcohen right now they cannot be mocked
12:54 tcohen as they are hardcoded in the init function
12:55 jcamins_away tcohen: where are you looking?
12:55 tcohen Koha::CAlendar
12:55 jcamins tcohen: I suspect you've identified a problem with the code.
12:56 jcamins Oh, no, maybe not.
12:56 jcamins It's an actual init function. I thought you meant INIT { } which is bad.
12:56 jcamins You can use DBD::Mock in this case.
12:57 tcohen ok, i didn't know of it
12:57 tcohen thanks
12:58 ericar joined #koha
13:00 tcohen uff, it's way harder using dbd::mock than mockmodule :-P
13:01 jcamins A little harder, maybe, but it's not that bad.
13:08 tcohen is much more difficult than mocking a function that returns an array :-P
13:10 jcamins Well, perhaps.
13:10 jcamins Okay, I need an opinion.
13:10 jcamins Bug 8782.
13:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8782 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Add a feature to close a subscription
13:10 jcamins Works great.
13:11 jcamins However, the squashed patches are by two different people.
13:11 jcamins Do I care?
13:12 jcamins Actually, never mind.
13:12 jcamins I don't.
13:15 oleonard joined #koha
13:16 paul_p joined #koha
13:16 paul_p back
13:17 oleonard Hi #koha
13:17 tcohen magnuse, thanks for that link to rangi's post
13:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8782: Increment version number <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]54c0df1a84ec94661> / Bug 8782: Close a subscription <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]09800605102dcde57> / Merge branch 'bug_7189' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]3c0c8c99fb1866d73
13:27 kf1 jcamins: maybe tell people what you think about it generally? (good, bad, ...) ?
13:27 kf1 I think sqashng is not so nice with different authors
13:28 kf1 personally
13:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #961 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:36 tcohen joined #koha
13:51 oleonard Ha, TinyMCE closed their "support forum" because they felt they got too many questions, now everyone posts questions in thei "Tips and Tricks" forum.
13:51 oleonard Nice to see that worked out :P
14:01 chris_n lol
14:01 * chris_n wonders how many questions are "too many?"
14:08 jcamins oleonard: maybe TinyMCE is not the right plugin for us?
14:09 oleonard yeah, I'm going to look at jWYSIWYG today
14:10 oleonard I don't see anything in the documentation about localization, although it comes with localization files
14:10 jcamins I feel like it shouldn't be so much trouble to translate.
14:12 oleonard jcamins: The main problem is that I'd like to find a solution where we don't have to include localization files for *all* languages with each Koha translation
14:13 oleonard Maybe that shouldn't be a priority
14:13 jcamins oleonard: yeah, but datatables allows us to just use an include file, so surely there must be a wysiwyg plugin that does the same... I'd hope.
14:13 kf1 oleonard: I would prefer a solution that works with po
14:13 drojf ouch. closing the support forum because of "too many questions" sounds like an interesting idea
14:13 kf1 oleonard: we have a lot of uncommon langauges too
14:13 kf1 drojf: where did you get that from?
14:14 drojf (14:48:43) oleonard: Ha, TinyMCE closed their "support forum" because they felt they got too many questions, now everyone posts questions in thei "Tips and Tricks" forum.
14:14 drojf kf1: ^^
14:18 * drojf is not saying they should open a google group and everything would be fine
14:21 jcamins Yeah, but we're all thinking it.
14:23 libsysguy joined #koha
14:23 drojf because we know it's true!
14:23 drojf i think i'll pass on the option of making a koha propaganda booklet in latex for the workshop tomorrow
14:27 kf1 hm?
14:27 kf1 oh tomorrow
14:27 wahanui tomorrow is pizza friday! or the day after today.
14:27 * kf1 will be online doing QA and hoping to get told some news :)
14:27 kf1 drojf: you will tell them about irc, won't you?
14:29 drojf i would have in the flyer i am abandoning… ;) i probably will. but the language barrier will do its thing so nobody will come
14:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #244 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 6 days ago)
14:29 kf1 ooooh :(
14:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #244: STILL FAILING in 28 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/244/
14:29 jenkins_koha nengard: update patron categories
14:29 drojf i suppose it's a win if some will find the way to the german mailing list
14:30 kf1 always the optimist
14:34 oleonard Do office applications in other languages still use "B" to mean bold text?
14:34 kf1 hm
14:34 kf1 no
14:35 kf1 F
14:35 kf1 for German I think
14:37 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #961: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/961/
14:37 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 6602 - Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
14:37 jenkins_koha * mathieu.saby: Bug 8946: corrections in inc files for UNIMARC coded fields advanced search
14:37 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8715: Receive all serials for a year.
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6602 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
14:37 jenkins_koha * m.de.rooy: Bug 8032: Sort lists by call number
14:37 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Bug 6945: Add a link to show a MARC preview in the normal view of the detail
14:37 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 6945 [FOLLOW-UP] Add a link to show a MARC preview in the normal view
14:37 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7189 - preference to control if returning lost items gives refund
14:37 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7189: Increment version number
14:37 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8782: Close a subscription
14:37 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8782: Increment version number
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8946 minor, P5 - low, ---, mathieu.saby, Pushed to Master , Wrong label and missing values in UNIMARC coded fields advanced search
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8715 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Select all serials for a year
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8032 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Sort lists by call number
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6945 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pelletiermaxime, Pushed to Master , Add a link to show a MARC preview in the normal view
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7189 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , preference to control if returning lost items gives refund
14:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8782 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Add a feature to close a subscription
14:41 tcohen joined #koha
14:44 jenkins_koha Starting build #6 for job Koha_Docs_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:44 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.8.x build #6: SUCCESS in 20 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]oha_Docs_3.8.x/6/
14:44 jenkins_koha nengard: update patron categories
15:21 maximep joined #koha
15:41 jcamins_away @later tell rangi Could you please run updatedatabase on jenkins?
15:41 huginn jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
15:54 rambutan joined #koha
16:14 reiveune bye
16:14 reiveune left #koha
16:28 asaurat left #koha
16:38 kf1 left #koha
16:55 ericar joined #koha
17:04 melia joined #koha
17:08 thd-away joined #koha
17:15 alex_a_ left #koha
17:41 laurence left #koha
18:12 lms joined #koha
18:27 jcamins You know what I would like to see? An OPAC-related syspref editor that actually shows you where the code you're editing shows up.
18:37 cait joined #koha
18:37 cait hellooo #koha
18:38 rambutan joined #koha
18:38 chris_n ehlo cait
18:38 cait hi chris_n :)
18:40 libsysguy EHLO 250
18:40 jcamins Argh! That added me to the CC list.
18:41 libsysguy oh sorry, this isn't a mail server
18:41 jcamins libsysguy: 250?
18:41 wahanui 250 is the number all of those wicked, naughty grant reviewers ask for.
18:41 jcamins wtf kind of server name is that?
18:41 wahanui that is, like, because it's phased out
18:41 libsysguy yeah doesn't the exchange server reply with
18:42 libsysguy that?
18:42 wahanui that is, like, because it's phased out
18:42 libsysguy wahanui: forget that
18:42 wahanui libsysguy: I forgot that
18:42 libsysguy hehe
18:42 jcamins 250-this.server.com Hello chris_n
18:42 libsysguy anywho, I have a .t question that perhaps the QAM or the RM can answer
18:43 jcamins No you may not save the unit tests for later. :P
18:43 jcamins Go ahead. :)
18:43 libsysguy If I want to test that unique and repeating holidays are working
18:43 libsysguy should that go in the calendar test
18:43 libsysguy or the circulation test
18:43 libsysguy btw Circulation.t fails 2/3 tests atm
18:43 jcamins Hm.
18:43 libsysguy :p
18:44 jcamins libsysguy: not for me.
18:44 libsysguy oh oops
18:44 jcamins You should be testing the calendar part of holidays in Calendar.t, and testing actually checking items out in Circulation.t.
18:44 libsysguy that was my test
18:44 jcamins lol
18:44 libsysguy it fails for quecat scanners :p
18:45 libsysguy err cuecat
18:45 libsysguy however you say that
18:45 jcamins There's a Javascript decoder you can use.
18:45 chris_n jcamins: lol
18:45 libsysguy so jcamins, doing it like that means I actaully have to commit my changes to the db right?
18:46 libsysguy err commit my holidays
18:46 jcamins Not necessarily.
18:47 libsysguy I guess I could use Mock to fake a calendar addition
18:47 jcamins In Calendar.t, you want to test that the unique and repeating holidays you tried to create are created the way you wanted them to be.
18:47 jcamins You will then delete the holidays at the end of the Calendar.t test, using the deleting as a way to test holiday deletion.
18:48 jcamins In Circulation.t, you either create new holidays to test and then delete them at the end, or, even better, you mock the holidays using either DBD::Mock or MockModule.
18:48 libsysguy HA i knew it
18:48 libsysguy lol
18:48 libsysguy good thing I was already using MockModule
18:48 libsysguy plug and play ftw
18:50 jcamins I need to write up code guidelines for unit tests.
18:50 jcamins *coding
18:50 jcamins The primary guideline, of course, is that they are not optional.
18:51 libsysguy nominates the QAM
18:51 libsysguy who will then delegate it to me
18:51 jcamins lol
18:51 jcamins Nah, I'll write up the guidelines.
18:52 jcamins It is, after all, my particular talisman.
18:52 libsysguy oh so you're a guidelines man
18:52 libsysguy heh
18:52 jcamins No, unit tests.
18:53 jcamins But other people like guidelines.
18:53 libsysguy I thought unit tests were rangi's bag
18:53 jcamins It's kind of a joint crusade.
18:53 libsysguy haha
18:55 cait lol
18:55 cait now I missed all this discussion
18:55 cait which is probably for the better :)
18:55 cait libsysguy: the secret is - I would never be able to write unit test guidelines to jcamins liking... and he knows it
18:55 cait so prefers to does it himself :)
18:55 libsysguy jcamins chant: UNIT TESTERS UNIT TESTERS UNIT TESTERS UNIT TESTERS
18:56 cait to do...
18:56 jcamins And unlike the crusade of Enjolras and Gavroche, ours will succeed against all odds.
18:56 * cait waves and sends cookies
18:56 * cait is a cookie person
18:57 libsysguy joined #koha
18:57 libsysguy and im back with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE
18:57 jcamins "Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of the unit test... it is the music of a people who will not allow their vigilance to rest!"
18:58 melia oh no. please not that guy again.
18:58 rambutan jcamins is clearly a man of letters
18:58 jcamins lol
18:58 jcamins rambutan: well, I watched the show, anyway. ;)
18:59 jcamins That's a good idea, though.
18:59 jcamins I shall read Les Miserables starting tomorrow.
18:59 rambutan I shall not have the time or inclination, I suppose.
18:59 NateC joined #koha
19:00 jcamins We'll see if I finish it.
19:00 jcamins It's pretty long, and in a language that I don't really speak very well.
19:01 rambutan Interesting, in doing some skimming-level research on the current topic of discussion I see that Jacques Barzun died last month.
19:01 rambutan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Barzun
19:03 drojf joined #koha
19:04 jcamins On the subject of French, I think I shall eat lunch before I attempt to decode this ownership inscription.
19:04 cait :)
19:08 rambutan jcamins should, then, have a glass of Chateau Lafite Rothschild with his lunch.
19:16 jcamins Actually, in a startling departure from the French theme I had dal for lunch.
19:16 jcamins And not just any dal... I had Dal-i Llentil!
19:16 cait lol
19:18 jcamins trea came up with that name.
19:18 jcamins Well, trea came up with Dal-i lentil, and another friend suggested the two 'l's.
19:32 drojf have not tried it yet but i'd be in favour of a "koha dal-i llentil". we should really get some kind of cookish and/or cookieish naming started
19:32 jcamins Agreed.
19:32 jcamins I'll give my previous food-related names.
19:33 jcamins *previews
19:33 jcamins What a bizarre typo.
19:33 drojf \o/
19:35 drojf what number is thefork™ at nowadays?
19:35 oleonard 37.8
19:35 maximep hey, I have a question about authority merging. So if I edit something like the field 100$d, it updated all the attached notices. If I remove the 100$d, it doesn't seem to remove it from the notice. Is that a normal behavior ?
19:35 jcamins maximep: I don't recall.
19:35 jcamins I think that is not correct, though.
19:36 jcamins Incidentally, there have been 76 patches pushed to 3.12 since 3.10 was released.
19:37 drojf someone is a busy bee
19:40 maximep ok, so I guess it's a feature. Koha doesn't destroy data, only updates it
19:40 jcamins maximep: no, I think it's a bug.
19:40 jcamins Sorry, "I think that is not correct" is not the clearest statement one could make.
19:41 jcamins Indeed, it is second only to "I don't think that isn't correct" in incomprehensibility.
19:43 maximep haha
19:48 druthb I don't not agree with you, jcamins.    :P
19:48 jcamins druthb: thanks.
19:49 * druthb is just being obtuse to see if she can make you twitch.  Friday fun and games.
19:49 * jcamins followed.
19:52 * druthb gets out her pointy stick, and takes aim at the RM.
19:56 jcamins druthb: watch out or I'll put you on unit test-writing duty!
19:57 druthb use Test::Simple tests => 1; ok(1, 'Looks good to me');
19:58 druthb all done!
19:58 cait lol
19:59 cait where is the pizza?
19:59 wahanui it has been said that the pizza is in the oven.
19:59 druthb looks like something libsysguy would write, doesn't it?
19:59 jcamins druthb: lol
20:00 * druthb looks innocent.
20:01 druthb wahanui: are there cookies?
20:01 wahanui bugger all, i dunno, druthb
20:01 druthb hmpf.
20:01 druthb no botsnack!
20:01 cait druthb: be nice to wahanui
20:01 cait druthb translationmanagersnack cookie
20:01 cait wahanui botsnack cookie
20:01 wahanui :)
20:02 druthb cait: QAMsnack cookie
20:02 cait yum
20:06 druthb wahanui: cookie?
20:06 wahanui The cookie jar is on the RM's desk, so you'd better ask him about that.
20:06 * druthb puts on her innocent look again.
20:06 jcamins lol
20:09 druthb yah, the RM's desk is this ginormous half-hectare of polished oak, with an Aeron chair...the TMs is a rusty old television tray and a beanbag chair.  I win.
20:10 libsysguy hey don't hate on the Aeron chair
20:10 libsysguy the QAA has one and it is quite comfortable :p
20:10 druthb libsysguy:   But..   d00d.   a BEANBAG chair!
20:10 jcamins lol
20:10 * libsysguy thinks of Ron White
20:10 jcamins I have an exercise ball for a chair.
20:11 libsysguy is that how you maintain core strength jcamins :p
20:11 oleonard And how he works off all the cookies
20:11 libsysguy its a new workout "Koha Abs"
20:11 jcamins libsysguy: that and banging my head on the table.
20:11 libsysguy oh so weighted situps too :p
20:12 * druthb waves the pointy stick at libsysguy.
20:12 libsysguy eek
20:12 libsysguy ugh this test for circulation keeps getting longer and longer
20:12 libsysguy MOAR CODE!!
20:13 * druthb crax the whip at libsysguy
20:15 * libsysguy also does not approve of the AddMember documentation
20:15 jcamins ::snrrrkkk:: <-- muffled laughter
20:16 libsysguy gesundheit
20:17 libsysguy does that translate correctly to German?
20:18 jcamins libsysguy: what are you going to do when you find out it's a deadly insult and saying "gesundheit" to a German means a duel at dawn? :P
20:18 oleonard Hm, so Bugzilla won't accept a 2.6MB patch...
20:18 libsysguy i guess I'll just make sure to draw first?
20:19 libsysguy 2MB upload limit in PHP config?
20:19 libsysguy err what does bugs runon?
20:19 libsysguy run on**
20:19 libsysguy oh perl
20:19 libsysguy fancy that
20:19 jcamins oleonard: so TinyMCE seems like the best choice overall?
20:20 oleonard jcamins: What I'm doing is sending a patch to just move TinyMCE out of the translated path and trim it down some
20:21 oleonard jWYSIWYG seems promising, but it was also a little buggy, not as polished, and didn't offer as many features
20:21 oleonard Neither has a dead simple way to handle translations the way we want to
20:21 lms left #koha
20:22 jcamins oleonard: makes sense.
20:23 oleonard My proposed change will improve things, but not as much as I had hoped to all at once
20:27 libsysguy 024 is the marc field for barcode right?
20:28 jcamins libsysguy: what kind of barcode?
20:28 jcamins UPC?
20:28 libsysguy umm one for test data?
20:29 jcamins Barcode is stored in the item.
20:29 libsysguy well thats what I get for trying to read http://goo.gl/E6xWk
20:31 cait libsysguy: yep
20:33 cait about gesundheit being right :)
20:33 cait sorry
20:34 tcohen libsysguy, will u be working on circ tests?
20:34 cait it's friday, only half here
20:34 libsysguy oh I was like…ouch :'(
20:34 libsysguy yes tcohen I'm trying to make sure the calendar is working with circ
20:34 libsysguy I think its broken for unique holidays in 3.8.7
20:34 libsysguy but I'm trying to prove it
20:35 jcamins Okay, _now_ I have everything I need to prepare a printed catalog of this collection.
20:35 * jcamins heads home to do that.
20:35 tcohen libsysguy, did u find a problem with the calendar unit tests?
20:35 libsysguy no I didn't
20:36 libsysguy this problem is with item checkouts. It appears the due date doesn't push on holidays
20:36 tcohen what's the scenario you find problematic?
20:36 tcohen with fixed due dates?
20:37 libsysguy basically when you checkout and the date is on a holiday it still places the checkout there, no matter what the syspref is
20:39 tcohen the due date is calculated using circ matri or is it fixed by the checkout form ?
20:39 libsysguy calculated by the circ matrix
20:39 cait libsysguy: are you on latest master?
20:39 libsysguy no, 3.8.7
20:40 cait hm
20:40 libsysguy testing the "stable" release :p
20:40 tcohen you could try to debug what is readed from the circ matrix, otherwise it could be an issue with addDate
20:40 cait it sounds a bit like somthing that was fixed on master?
20:41 libsysguy well the odd thing is it appears to work with repeating holidays
20:41 tcohen make sure you are not using memcached when changing betwen different setps
20:41 libsysguy yeah definitely not using memcached on my test box
20:45 tcohen f* s*t
20:45 tcohen found it
20:45 tcohen we need to push some db_dependent tests
20:45 tcohen soon
20:45 libsysguy thats what I'm writing now
20:45 libsysguy I'm tired of the calendar being broken all the time
20:45 libsysguy :p
20:45 tcohen found the problem
20:46 libsysguy git link?
20:46 cait libsysguy++ and tcohen++ team_work++
20:46 tcohen on Koha::Calendat->init
20:46 libsysguy UGH
20:47 libsysguy that damn init function needs to burn
20:47 tcohen isexception is swapped
20:47 tcohen between special holidays and exceptio holidays
20:47 libsysguy nice
20:47 * oleonard is off for the weekend, then in Boston for http://roost.bocoup.com/
20:47 libsysguy well thats a simple fix
20:47 tcohen 1 for 0 and viceversa
20:47 tcohen yeap
20:48 libsysguy you want to patch it or you want me to?
20:48 * libsysguy figured you were right there
20:48 oleonard See y'all later
20:48 libsysguy later oleonard
20:48 cait oleonard: have fun!
20:53 tcohen libsysguy, what do u prefer?
20:53 libsysguy doesn't matter to me
20:53 libsysguy I can patch it
20:53 tcohen i'd fel more comfortable if we had a unit test for that hehe
20:54 libsysguy I'm about 50% done with it
20:54 cait :)
20:54 tcohen nice, good luck then!
20:55 tcohen bug 9074
20:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9074 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , DB dependent tests for is_holiday
20:55 tcohen there's a discussion on db_dependent tests and its data sets
20:56 cait i have to admit it was me not being too happy about using the sample data like that :(
20:56 libsysguy there is also the db-independent test Calendar.t
20:56 cait i feel sorry forblocking tests, only felt like maybe we could do it a different way
20:57 libsysguy while I'm not too keen on db-dependent test myself
20:57 tcohen i'll try to make improvements in my undesrtanding of DBD::Mock this weekend
20:57 * libsysguy forgot where I was going with that
20:57 libsysguy yeah and MockModule
21:00 tcohen bye #koah
21:00 cait bye tcohen
21:00 tcohen good mock for every1
21:00 cait have a nice weekend
21:05 libsysguy Well that is frustrating
21:05 libsysguy why do I have to pass the dbh to DelItem
21:23 cait left #koha
21:25 drojf1 joined #koha
21:43 tcohen joined #koha
21:50 tcohen_home i'll give a try to mock_add_resultset
21:53 tcohen_home libsysguy did u fill the bug for special holidays?
21:54 libsysguy I didn't
21:54 tcohen_home (so i can name my local branch accordingly heh)
21:54 libsysguy I got sidetracked
21:54 libsysguy heh
22:15 maximep left #koha
22:23 tcohen_home libsysguy, I hope I finish my tests soon, because i think my guess ws wrong (on master at least)
22:27 libsysguy well shoot
22:34 jcamins I come bearing excellent news! The price of a 4-lb package of butter went down 50 cents!
22:36 jcamins Every...
22:36 jcamins year and a third...
22:37 jcamins a package of butter will be as good as free.
22:37 libsysguy how much better are you buying there Paula Dean...
22:38 jcamins libsysguy: during the holidays?
22:38 jcamins tons.
22:38 jcamins Other times of the year, I guess I probably buy a package every month or two.
22:38 libsysguy I guess you do a lot of baking?
22:38 jcamins Yes.
22:39 jcamins It's all for baking.
22:39 jcamins As a general rule, I don't like putting butter on things.
22:40 libsysguy yup you're definitely not from the south :p
22:40 jcamins lol
22:40 jcamins I get that a lot.
22:40 jcamins My wife, of course, is.
22:41 libsysguy oh?
22:41 libsysguy where about?
22:42 jcamins Near Roanoke, Virginia.
22:42 libsysguy pshhh thats not the south
22:42 jcamins Her parents were transplanted New Yorkers, though, so she's not really typical of that region.
22:42 libsysguy transplanted
22:43 libsysguy is that what they are doing in that state?
22:43 libsysguy maybe thats why it was blue in 08
22:43 jcamins Yes. They moved to the Roanoke area in the 70s after having careers up here.
22:43 jcamins lol
22:43 libsysguy its like political integration
22:46 jcamins I also don't believe in cooking vegetables to a mush.
22:47 tcohen_home question, has anyone played with NULL values and DBD::Mock?
22:48 jcamins tcohen_home: what do you mean?
22:48 jcamins Okay, I'm pushing bug 8429.
22:48 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8429 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , Unnecessary use of Exporter in SIP/ILS objects
22:48 tcohen_home i want to mock a db query that returns null values for some felds
22:48 jcamins '' isn't null enough?
22:48 jcamins Wait, I think you can just use undef.
22:48 jcamins What did I do?
22:49 tcohen_home i'll try undef
22:53 jcamins Okay, I do not like git-bz adding me to the CC list.
22:53 jcamins Not cool.
22:54 * jcamins fixes it.
23:00 jcamins melia: you know how you were just thinking you wanted a challenging bug to sign off on? :)
23:00 jcamins I have just the thing...
23:00 melia heh
23:01 melia I usually only do the very easy ones!
23:02 jcamins Bug 7919- it'll be fun!
23:02 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7919 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Display of values depending on the connexion library (authorised values, patron categories, extended attributes)
23:04 jcamins I need to ask rangi how to move branches to the koha-archive repo.
23:06 melia hhhmm. I can try that one...
23:08 thd-away` joined #koha
23:18 melia jcamins: it fails. I can't sign it off.
23:19 jcamins melia: well, that's a good thing to know too. Could you please note the problems you encountered on the bug?
23:19 jcamins Thanks. :)
23:19 melia yup I did. hopefully that'll help them fix it up.
23:19 jcamins Oh, you already did.
23:20 jcamins melia++
23:20 melia thanks :)
23:20 jcamins ^^ that was for testing this bug
23:20 jcamins melia++ # that's for generally awesome testing
23:21 melia it's kind of fun testing!  I'm learning a lot doing this
23:23 jcamins I'm glad. Your thorough testing is exactly what we need in the development phase for a lot of these bugs... did you ever think about becoming a developer? ;)
23:24 melia I actually have the Learning Perl O'Reilly book on my desk, but I hardly ever have time to look at it
23:24 jcamins As an aside, baked fingerling potatoes are kind of depressing... they're so tiny you need a half dozen.
23:25 melia but they're tasty!
23:26 jcamins They are.
23:26 jcamins Which is good, because I have several pounds from the CSA.
23:37 NateC joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary