IRC log for #koha, 2012-10-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:55 Irma joined #koha
01:44 drojfx joined #koha
01:46 drojfx funny insomnia questions for 500: will zebra explode if i make it index full text of books?
03:22 eythian joined #koha
03:56 logbot joined #koha
03:56 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 7 November 2012 2:00 UTC
03:58 rangi @later tell fredericd when you get a second can i get a pull request please?
03:58 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
04:11 jenkins_koha Starting build #207 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:45 druthb joined #koha
04:49 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #207: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/207/
04:49 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 3652: close XSS vulnerabilities on biblionumber and authid
04:49 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 3652: close XSS vulnerabilities in opac-export
04:49 jenkins_koha * chrish: bug 3652 fixing XSS vulnerabilities in opac-search
04:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3652 critical, P1 - high, ---, chrish, Signed Off , XSS vulnerabilities
05:09 rangi fredericd++ #thanks for the pull request
05:24 magnuse rangi++ for 3.8.6
05:24 magnuse and kia ora #koha
05:25 rangi heya magnuse
05:25 wahanui i think magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
05:25 rangi hehe
05:26 magnuse that was friday... :-)
05:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #208 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
05:27 magnuse "SUCCESS in 38 min" - isn't that faster than usual?
05:27 rangi yep, its running less db tests
05:28 magnuse ah
05:28 magnuse that would do it
05:31 rangi right thats the announcement out
05:34 magnuse yay
05:39 mtj heya magnuse, rangi
05:39 magnuse kia ora mtj
05:40 magnuse @wunder boo
05:40 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -1.0°C (7:20 AM CEST on October 22, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady).
05:40 * magnuse takes the dogs out
05:41 rangi heya mtj
05:41 rangi brrr
05:41 rangi @wunder nzwn
05:41 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (6:00 PM NZDT on October 22, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Rising).
05:44 mtj rangi++ thanks for the 3.8.6 release :)
05:45 rangi no worries, thanks to the 21 ppl who contributed patches to it
05:45 mtj amen
05:47 cjh rangi++
05:47 cjh it was sunny when I woke up... rainy when I returned home.
05:51 rangi yeah, today was weird weather
06:04 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #208: SUCCESS in 37 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/208/
06:04 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Adding release notes
06:04 jenkins_koha * f.demians: 3.8.6 Translation Update
06:32 * magnuse bookmarks
06:33 rangi :)
06:45 julian_m joined #koha
06:46 asaurat joined #koha
06:51 laurence joined #koha
06:54 marcelr joined #koha
06:54 marcelr hello #koha
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour #koha
06:58 rangi hi marcelr and alex_a
06:58 alex_a hi rangi
07:01 marcelr hi alex_a rangi
07:01 reiveune joined #koha
07:01 alex_a salut marcelr :)
07:01 reiveune hello
07:01 wahanui hi, reiveune
07:01 marcelr hi reiveune
07:10 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:10 gaetan_B hello
07:10 jenkins_koha Starting build #209 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:14 sophie_m joined #koha
07:17 francharb joined #koha
07:18 francharb hi #koha
07:18 marcelr hi gaetan_B francharb
07:19 gaetan_B hi marcelr :)
07:20 sophie_m hi #koha
07:20 clrh hello
07:21 sophie_m joined #koha
07:21 cait joined #koha
07:21 sophie_m joined #koha
07:33 paul_p joined #koha
07:34 lds joined #koha
07:37 marcelr hi sophie_m clrh
07:40 cait hi marcelr :)
07:40 marcelr hi cait
07:48 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #209: SUCCESS in 37 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/209/
07:48 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bumping db version
08:10 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:10 reiveune1 joined #koha
08:11 drojfx joined #koha
08:12 drojfx morning
08:12 cait morning :)
08:13 drojfx hi cait :)
08:13 paul_p_ joined #koha
08:17 eythian joined #koha
08:19 drojfx is there a reason not to put the full text of books into koha to make it searchable (and maybe readable directly from koha too)?
08:19 cait hm
08:19 rangi only that there are better tools available to do that
08:19 cait wah
08:19 cait a rangi appearance
08:20 rangi like omeka, fedora+fez, dspace etc
08:20 rangi and cataloguing them in koha, then using pazpar2 to federate over both
08:20 eythian[…]droid.hashigozake <-- rangi
08:20 cait aaah
08:20 cait hi eythian
08:20 drojfx rangi: why better? because they already do it?
08:20 rangi because they are designed to do it
08:20 eythian hi, though I'm not really here :)
08:20 rangi eythian: nice!
08:21 cait yay :)
08:21 cait it's beer... but still cool ;)
08:21 eythian :)
08:21 koyauni joined #koha
08:22 rangi drojfx: i think its better to leverage off other free software, instead of bloating koha
08:22 drojfx rangi: good point
08:22 koyauni Hi koha, does anyone know how to make tag 952 to appear in Koha please?
08:22 cait koyauni: what do you mean with appear?
08:23 koyauni I want to insert a new book and it need that tag, but I can not see the tag , it is something to do with shelving
08:24 rangi drojfx: i liked your mail about the livecd .. seems a lot of people missed the point though
08:24 rangi focused on the how, not the what
08:24 cait koyauni: how did you insert it?
08:24 cait you don't need to add the tag in cataloging, when you save the record, the item form shows
08:25 koyauni but it is inactive
08:25 cait I would doubt that
08:25 koyauni it shows it but it is not active
08:26 cait koha is set up so cyou can add items
08:26 cait where are you looking? where is the inactive link?
08:26 cait are you using independent branchesmaybe?
08:26 cait are you logged in as a real staff member with a homebranch?
08:27 koyauni we have imported some records and we need to edit the data, but this tag is not visible ot it is inactive for the imported records
08:27 koyauni I am logged in as supper admin,
08:28 cait ok
08:28 cait if you mean the database user with super admin
08:28 cait you shouldn't do htat
08:28 koyauni sorry what is "branche"?
08:28 cait create a staff user and always use that
08:28 cait branch is the library the user belongs to
08:28 rangi http://manual.koha-community.o[…].html#addingitems
08:28 koyauni ok
08:28 cait and if your imported 952 don't show up
08:28 cait you didn't get them right
08:28 cait probably missing vital fields koha needs to create items from the 952 tag
08:30 koyauni what filed is it, please?
08:31 cait koyauni: it's a bit hard to help you without knowing what you did and what you want to do
08:31 cait for example a and b need to be filled with the branchcode already configured in koha
08:31 eythian keep in mind that 952 doesn't really exist in Koha these days (sorta)
08:32 cait ^^ yep
08:32 eythian only when importing/exporting
08:32 eythian you should never go and add a 952, you should go and add an item.
08:32 eythian (the exception being preparing MARC data for import)
08:33 koyauni we simply installed koha and then imported 17000 records, now we aim to edit these record and add shelving data, but we can not see the filed and when we see it it is not active
08:33 cait yep you are not supposed to see the field in catalouging
08:33 cait items adding is on a separate screen
08:34 cait it's separate from cataloguing the bilbiographic data
08:34 cait you search for the record, go into the detail screen and choose add item from the toolbar there
08:34 rangi 21:28 <@rangi> http://manual.koha-community.o[…].html#addingitems
08:36 julian_m joined #koha
08:37 drojfx rangi: yes i noticed :/
08:41 koyauni I go to "you search for the record, go into the detail screen and choose add item from the toolbar there" for a record which has been already in the system then what do I add for this item
08:42 cait koyauni: sorry, you shoudl really read a bit in the manual
08:42 cait it's all there
08:42 koyauni if I do not use 952, how do I tell the system where an item is placed in the library
08:42 cait or talk to the librarians and try osme different things
08:42 cait forget aobut the 052
08:42 cait that's only internal
08:42 cait koha will deal iwth it
08:42 cait if you get to the item form, you can add all needed information there, look at the link rangi posted
08:43 rangi the item IS the 952
08:43 koyauni we are bunch of IT guys and we do not have professional librarian in Iraq, this our problem we learn and we apply things that it is not our job really
08:43 drojfx that is why reading the manual is very helpful
08:44 koyauni many thanks guys
08:46 koyauni do you guys know any source for library of Congress Classification to download please
08:47 eythian joined #koha
08:47 magnuse kia ora eythian - any news on the multiple cover sources thingy?
08:47 eythian magnuse: not really
08:48 cait morning magnuse :)
08:48 magnuse eythian: okelydokely
08:48 magnuse hiya cait
08:54 gerundio joined #koha
08:54 drojfx hi magnuse and eythian
08:54 julian_m joined #koha
08:57 fredericd joined #koha
09:00 magnuse hiya drojfx
09:00 magnuse there's an extra drojf today?
09:00 drojfx multidrojf!
09:00 magnuse yay
09:01 drojfx the x one is on the tablet
09:01 eythian hi drojfx
09:01 magnuse ah
09:02 * cait wants a tablet too
09:02 * magnuse will not discourage cait
09:02 eythian they are handy
09:03 drojfx there is that free one... it's not called spark anymore. vivaldi?
09:03 cait I am still eyeing the one eythian has
09:04 drojfx and what is that?
09:04 wahanui hmmm... that is because it's phased out
09:04 * magnuse finds a tablet much better than the kindle for reading tech books
09:06 magnuse and by buying ebooks from e.g. oreilly you save tons of money compared to pbooks, so a tablet pays for itself in no time :-)
09:09 cait pbooks?
09:09 cait oh
09:09 cait printed?
09:10 drojfx paper?
09:10 drojfx that wood thing we had in the old days
09:11 cait ah
09:11 * cait likes book
09:11 cait books
09:11 * drojfx too
09:12 drojfx paper does not watch me read it
09:12 cait lol
09:15 * magnuse likes paper too, and has the bookshelves to prove it
09:15 * jcamins yawns
09:15 magnuse kia ora jcamins
09:15 cait jcamins: why are you not in bed?
09:15 jcamins cait: Shari's extraing.
09:15 cait aah
09:15 cait for waht?
09:16 cait and have you considered just going back to bed?
09:16 jcamins I got up after she left.
09:16 cait m
09:17 jcamins I was having nightmares.
09:17 cait oh no
09:17 drojfx of
09:17 cait did someone break the new uathoritiy features?
09:17 cait authority even
09:17 jcamins drojfx: hehe.
09:18 jcamins cait: fredericd did a patch for UNIMARC.
09:18 eythian cait: mine is the Asus Transformer, there are newer versions than mine out there now that are very similar but generally better.
09:18 cait jcamins: I meant your nightmares :)
09:18 eythian Though mine is aging well: it's still very handy.
09:18 cait eythian: I know :) I have bookmarks to amazon... I think it could be a xmas present for myself
09:18 jcamins cait: oh.
09:18 eythian good plan :)
09:19 jcamins Hehe.
09:19 cait only waiting a bit longer, I just booked 2 new distance study courses
09:19 eythian cait: Sanne has one of the new ones, and considers it good, esp. for study where a full laptop isn't required.
09:19 cait not too many distractions...
09:19 cait :)
09:20 cait yeah it woud lhave been awesome for taking notes and researching links in my study time
09:20 cait not running out of  battery so fast
09:21 eythian yep
09:22 drojfx "On December 22, 2011, toy maker Hasbro filed a lawsuit against Asus for copyright infringement. Hasbro requested that Asus change the name of the Prime, claiming that the name "Transformer Prime" is using its Transformers franchise to sell tablets"
09:22 drojfx oh my
09:22 jcamins Shari has a Transformer or Transformer Prime, too.
09:22 magnuse haha
09:23 magnuse ooh, can this tablet transform into something else? i'll buy one and see!
09:23 eythian yeah, I think it went transformer, transformer prime, transformer infinity.
09:23 eythian I have the first one.
09:23 eythian magnuse: yes, it has a detachable keyboard
09:25 cait magnuse: detachable keyboard!!
09:25 cait hehe
09:25 cait hm
09:25 cait hope my answer made sense
09:25 cait on the mailing list
09:25 cait I guess I should get ready to do some distance study work... bbiab
09:27 magnuse cait++
09:27 cait what for?
09:27 magnuse the po question
09:27 cait ah
09:27 magnuse or answer, rather
09:34 drojfx left #koha
09:35 mveron joined #koha
09:35 mveron Hi #koha
09:36 drojf hi mveron
09:36 cait hi mveron :)
09:36 mveron hi drojf and cait
09:36 mveron Are you already translating?
09:36 drojf looks like you are on mailing lists than i am, cait and magnuse
09:36 drojf on more
09:37 cait hm?
09:37 cait mveron: I did 3.8 last night
09:37 cait it was mostly norwegian, I copied it
09:37 jcamins If anyone wants to do any translation on 3.6.x, now would be a good time.
09:37 drojf you mean 3.6?
09:37 cait mveron: or do you mean for 3.10?
09:37 jcamins I'm going to e-mail fredericd and ask for a pull request.
09:37 mveron Yes
09:37 drojf i did 3.8 some daxs ago
09:38 cait drojf: you are right, I mean 3.6
09:38 drojf i thought at least
09:38 cait yep
09:38 cait thx for that btw :) drojf++
09:38 drojf cait: i translated the norwegian
09:38 cait I know
09:38 drojf cait: but then wondered if that makes sense. stopped and wanted to ask you and forgot
09:38 cait I kept the existing translations - but copied the strings that weren't - we are not going to use normarc I think
09:38 drojf probably not
09:39 magnuse definitely not!
09:39 cait lol
09:39 magnuse well unless you get customers in norway, of course
09:39 cait well... you never know
09:39 drojf and if for some reason i would use normarc one day, i would want it to be norwegian
09:39 drojf but there were translations of normarc stuff already. other strings were just copied
09:40 mveron And about 3.10? Is there already work to be done?
09:40 cait mveron: not yet
09:40 cait well testing testing testing :)
09:40 magnuse what would make sense is bug 7939
09:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7939 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Separate po files for different MARC dialects
09:41 jcamins You should talk to druthb about that.
09:41 cait hm good idea
09:41 cait but first we should get the help files out ;)
09:43 magnuse yes please :-)
09:44 cait well
09:45 cait we should give druthb some time to get acquainted with the tools first
09:48 jcamins Give her a sporting chance, you mean?
09:48 cait kind of :)
09:48 cait jcamins: what are you cooking/baking today?
09:48 jcamins cait: I don't know.
09:49 magnuse patches!
09:49 wahanui patches are on the bug
09:50 cait jcamins: !
09:50 jcamins It's only 5:50 in the morning!
09:50 cait but... but!!
09:51 drojf if you worked in a bakery, you would be done baking by now
09:51 jcamins Hehe.
09:51 cait hehe
09:51 cait brb
09:51 * mveron is going to cook
09:53 jcamins In the dishwasher? :)
10:00 cait :)
10:00 cait back
10:02 gaetan_B i have a marc21 question
10:02 cait :)
10:02 cait jcamins is awake you are lucky heh
10:03 gaetan_B it seems that if you want the author to display in result lists (on opac and staff interface) you need to have it in th 100 field, what you have in 245c is not used, am i correct ?
10:03 gaetan_B (both with normal view and the default xslt)
10:03 cait I think that's true
10:03 cait we couldn't build links on 245$c
10:03 jcamins Correct.
10:03 gaetan_B oh, so that's why
10:03 gaetan_B thanks :)
10:04 mveron jcamins: In the microwave - but it is dishwasher cooked lamb with lemon and couscous indeed, leftovers from an invitation  :-)
10:04 jcamins mveron: :)
10:05 cait :)
10:05 cait yum
10:05 jcamins Does everyone in Switzerland use their dishwasher for cooking food?
10:05 cait lol
10:05 cait mveron: be careful, you will form jcamins image of switzerland :)
10:06 drojf still have not tried it. don't have a dishwasher and dishwasher-having friends looked at me like i'm crazy when i asked
10:06 drojf but it's on my list :D
10:07 cait hehe
10:14 mveron jcamins: It's energy saving  :-)
10:17 mveron jcamins, cait, drojf:
10:18 drojf mveron: that looks really good :)
10:18 jcamins I think that may be the same dishwasher I have!
10:20 * magnuse gets hungry
10:20 * cait is hungry and has no dishwasher
10:20 cait and I like he cups
10:21 cait an the dishes :)
10:22 magnuse bbl
11:25 jwagner joined #koha
11:51 stefan-l left #koha
12:22 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 tcohen morning #koha
12:26 cait joined #koha
12:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #911 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
12:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3087 Fix Z39.50 server to return the correct record syntax <[…]2e26054e13a2057f5>
12:38 stefan-l joined #koha
12:39 oleonard joined #koha
12:41 oleonard Hi #koha
12:43 edveal joined #koha
12:44 cait joined #koha
12:49 * mveron has to head away...
12:59 gerundio joined #koha
13:00 libsysguy joined #koha
13:01 ago43 joined #koha
13:04 cait1 joined #koha
13:13 drojf is git down or is it me?
13:14 drojf fatal: Unable to look up (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
13:14 oleonard Works for me drojf
13:14 NateC joined #koha
13:14 drojf ok i'll restart the vm and try again, thanks for testing
13:16 magnuse works for me too
13:21 Irma left #koha
13:23 drojf working for me again :)
13:25 libsysguy jcamins:
13:26 drojf1 joined #koha
13:28 jcamins libsysguy: I'm pro-DBIC.
13:28 libsysguy oh I know
13:28 libsysguy i just thought it was an interesting article to share
13:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #911: SUCCESS in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/911/
13:33 jenkins_koha f.demians: Bug 3087 Fix Z39.50 server to return the correct record syntax
13:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3087 enhancement, P3, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Z39.50 server returns usmarc format records for UNIMARC DB
13:36 cait1 drojf++
13:37 drojf cait: it helps when people need signoffs for parts that i have open in my editor anyway ;)
13:37 drojf cait1 even
13:52 gerundio hi :)
13:52 gerundio away from LDAP problematics for now
13:52 gerundio digging into templating
13:52 gerundio can you point me where to look into to customize OPAC's look & feel?
13:53 jcamins @quote search chainsaw
13:53 huginn jcamins: 1 found: #100: "chris: well, one of them is overhauling the..."
13:53 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
13:53 jcamins @quote get 100
13:53 huginn jcamins: Quote #100: "chris: well, one of them is overhauling the whole templating system jcamins: Koha's other swiss army chainsaw" (added by wizzyrea at 07:41 PM, October 11, 2010)
13:53 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
13:53 jcamins gerundio: you'll want to start with the sysprefs in the OPAC tab.
13:53 jcamins opacuserjs, etc.
13:53 oleonard gerundio: The most sustainable way to affect the appearance of the OPAC is through CSS and Javascript.
13:54 oleonard gerundio: That's because making changes to the templates leads to headaches when you upgrade Koha
13:57 gerundio jcamins, oleonard thanks for the feedback
13:57 maximep joined #koha
13:57 gerundio answer me this: can I create my own OPAC template?
13:57 oleonard You can if you want to maintain it across upgrades
13:58 jcamins gerundio: yes, but the chances of that being a good idea are very slim.
13:59 gerundio howcome... template structure changes at every version that comes out?
13:59 jcamins Functionality is added.
13:59 jcamins Or otherwise changed.
14:00 jcamins Why would you want custom templates?
14:01 oleonard In other words, what do you want to change which might require a custom template?
14:02 libsysguy oleonard he could create his own theme right?
14:02 jcamins oleonard: do I need translation today?
14:02 jcamins libsysguy: yeah, that's what we're saying is almost certainly a bad idea.
14:02 libsysguy well I suppose that is true
14:02 oleonard libsysguy: He could. He could also use CSS and JavaScript to change the appearance and not have to deal with upgrade headaches
14:02 libsysguy now that I think about it
14:03 * libsysguy just used javascript to pretty much wipe out the page structure and rebuild it
14:03 libsysguy die doc3 die
14:05 * jcamins notes for gerundio's benefit that libsysguy's approach may not have been the best.
14:05 libsysguy heh
14:05 * cait1 thinks she will make brownies and pumkin apple cake
14:05 libsysguy I forget sometimes my dry sense of humor doesn't come across as such
14:06 jcamins libsysguy: I laughed.
14:07 libsysguy poor gerundio is probably wiping out the page by now
14:07 libsysguy $(body).clear();
14:09 libsysguy but really…I did heavily modify the advanced search page
14:09 libsysguy[…]ha/
14:09 libsysguy granted it looks like its been…touched since I left
14:09 gerundio poor gerundio was afk and missed all your fun :p
14:10 gerundio basically I just want to make some changes to adapt OPAC to our library colors and such
14:10 cait1 gerundio: the summary is: avoid changing templates because it will give you headache, but there are plenty of other options before you have to resort to that
14:10 gerundio I'm used to make changes on my own template, which is basically a copy of the base template
14:11 cait1 gerundio: yep and exactly that is a bad idea
14:11 cait1 you want to change the css
14:11 jcamins gerundio: in that case you definitely have no excuse for making your own theme.
14:11 cait1 if you update, your template copy will have none of the new functionality, stuff will be broken and not working etc.
14:11 cait1 it will be horrible
14:11 jcamins ^^ exactly
14:11 cait1 libsysguy: is it possible they overdid it a bit with itemtypes?
14:12 libsysguy hehe it is "possible"
14:12 jcamins cait1: my sources say "yes."
14:12 cait1 and with that... I am going shopping for baking ingredients :)
14:12 cait1 because - I am on vacation - yay!
14:12 * libsysguy demands cookies
14:12 libsysguy :p
14:12 cait1 sorry
14:13 gerundio cait1, too much info :p
14:13 cait1 you get to choose between pumpkin apple cake and brownies
14:13 cait1 no cookies
14:13 libsysguy i mean…don't you want to bake cookies for your new favorite QAA
14:13 cait1 I am not good with cookies
14:13 cait1 lol
14:13 * jcamins made truffles yesterday.
14:13 libsysguy oh I'll take either
14:13 jcamins No, day before.
14:13 cait1 it's not our turn yet
14:13 cait1 maybe then
14:13 jcamins A triple batch.
14:13 * libsysguy waits patiently
14:14 cait1 but I started setting up some tools to make it possible to be efficiently annoying
14:14 libsysguy excellent
14:14 libsysguy I have too
14:14 libsysguy I set up my own git repo
14:14 cait1 still have to set up some kohas
14:14 libsysguy and an issue tracker for my own personal stuff
14:14 cait1 hm I will try to use a combinatoin of todo list and wiki
14:14 cait1 and files
14:15 cait1 we will see how it works out :)
14:15 cait1 ok, I am gone
14:39 gerundio joined #koha
15:02 * magnuse waves
15:02 paul_p joined #koha
15:04 magnuse @arewethereyet
15:04 huginn magnuse: Not yet - wait 31 days
15:04 magnuse one month!
15:20 beet joined #koha
15:24 beet that would be me BTW scuse lame tweet
15:25 oleonard Trying to flush out the Koha people rhcl?
15:26 rhcl testing the tweet - irc system
15:26 rhcl I don't have much of a sense of who's who (IRT koha) yet.
15:29 gaetan_B hmm i remember running into trouble with authorised values that had spaces in them
15:29 asaurat left #koha
15:29 gaetan_B i remember having this with ccodes and the table to limit library transfers when it's based on ccodes
15:29 gaetan_B but are there other places where this has to be avoided ?
15:33 mbalmer joined #koha
15:37 cait1_afk gaetan_B: I think search was problematic
15:38 cait1_afk advanced search search options
15:38 cait1_afk you should avoid them, there is a good blog post from talljoy about this on the bywater blog
15:38 gaetan_B cait1_afk: you mean for ccode, location and item types ?
15:38 cait1_afk yes
15:38 cait1_afk to acoid spaces, - and other funny things in the codes
15:39 cait1_afk[…]ventions-in-koha/
15:39 cait1_afk and sorry :) just came back from the super market
15:39 jcamins gaetan_B: anywhere you might possibly want to search for authorized value, you need to make sure there are no spaces in the code.
15:39 cait1_afk I might have missed part of the conversation
15:39 gaetan_B yes, but i'm stumbling again on the problem that the items will be displayed with its code and not its label on the opac, so i'm finding myself with not quite readable things in thoses boxes
15:40 cait1_afk gaetan_B: that's a bug then with the display, not a reason to use spaces
15:40 cait1_afk :)
15:40 gaetan_B cait1_afk: well not really, i thought it was a bug, but i remember it caused a debate and not everyone agreed on this
15:40 gaetan_B i think you were on my side cait1_afk though ;)
15:41 cait1_afk heh
15:41 cait1_afk well, but I am against spaces :)
15:41 gaetan_B i think Nicole also had a similar problem
15:41 gaetan_B for me a patch was submitted so that we have the right behaviour with copynumber
15:43 cait1_afk what is the problem and where?
15:43 jcamins gaetan_B: if there's another place where a code is displaying instead of the description, you should patch it so that the description displays. Adding spaces to codes is just going to result in searches for those authorized values not working- in Solr or in Zebra.
15:43 gaetan_B that's the copy,number thing :[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7379
15:43 huginn Bug 7379: normal, P3, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , copynumber is displayed 'as is' when linked to autorised values
15:44 gaetan_B it's pushed to master but not stable which is why i am not seeing it behaving like it should on the Koha i'm working on now
15:44 gaetan_B there was a more generic demand, which is now in discussion :
15:44 gaetan_B[…]_bug.cgi?id=7515*
15:44 huginn Bug 7515: normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , authorized value code showing in opac for public note
15:45 gaetan_B jcamins: ok so it should be one bug for each place where it's like that rather than one for all of them
15:45 gaetan_B i guess it makes sense
15:46 gaetan_B err no sorry it's nicole's bug that i just linked to
15:46 jcamins gaetan_B: one bug at at a time- if you find something is displaying wrong in three places, you could patch all three at once.
15:46 gaetan_B but Kyle is suggesting an elegant solution towards the end of the thread on bug 7515
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7515 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , authorized value code showing in opac for public note
15:47 jcamins Right, that's how we fix the bug.
15:48 gaetan_B the general bug is here, but didn't get much attention :[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7525
15:48 huginn Bug 7525: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , some database fields are displayed 'as is' when they are linked to autorised values
15:50 gaetan_B anyway, i recycled enumchron, and had this problem again, jcamins do you think i should file a new bug for enumchron, or just add a comment to bug 7525 ?
15:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7525 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , some database fields are displayed 'as is' when they are linked to autorised values
15:51 jcamins gaetan_B: new bug. A report as vague as 7525 might as well not exist.
15:51 jcamins No one will ever look at it.
15:51 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8923 [Revised] Add ids to repeated pagination menus to allow for CSS customization <[…]162b660ef2de7d6b7> / Bug 8933: Update transport cost matrix styles <[…]4bb8378126a4a1a1b> / Bug 8916 follow-up adding Mathieu Saby to contributors list <http://git.koha
15:51 gaetan_B ok i'll close it then, i had opened it in the  hope there would be a generic solution for these problems
15:52 cait1_afk I think there sure is one , but noone is going to do it for the fun of it :(
15:53 gaetan_B cait1_afk: yes, i understand that
15:53 gaetan_B i've been trying to promise unicorns and stuff
15:53 gaetan_B but it seems no one believes i will actually deliver them in the end :p
15:55 cait1_afk unicorns? :)
15:55 cait1_afk what did you enumchron recycle to be?
15:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #912 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:58 gaetan_B cait1_afk: this library wants an extra definition of the "state" the document is in like the kind of binding, or weather it's just a bunch of leaves...
15:59 gaetan_B maybe i'd better of with something else than enumchron though
15:59 melia joined #koha
16:01 cait1_afk hm
16:01 cait1_afk why use a field at al?
16:01 cait1_afk you can just use more_subfield_xml
16:01 cait1_afk you can add new subfields wihtout using database columns
16:03 brylie joined #koha
16:03 cait1_afk and sorry for all my typos today... :(
16:03 gaetan_B cait1_afk: yes but would the field display in the detailed view ?
16:03 gaetan_B i thought it wouldn't
16:03 cait1_afk hm no, only in the marc view
16:04 gaetan_B ah that's the trick then...
16:04 cait1_afk or it used to show up there, I hope it still does
16:04 jcamins gaetan_B: wouldn't it be a lot less trouble to just make it possible to display arbitrary subfields in the items table than to reuse enumchron, and then run into problems when they get a multi-volume set?
16:04 cait1_afk last time I used it was for inventory number in an earlier version
16:04 cait1_afk jcamins: hm I was thinking that too :)
16:04 cait1_afk and much safer
16:05 gaetan_B it's ok, we're going to use codes that make sense, but which still are codes, and i'll just tell them that someday things will be better
16:05 jcamins gaetan_B: you'll have to repeat this migration when they decide they need to use enumeration/chronology for enumeration/chronology.
16:05 gaetan_B jcamins: you mean subfields from the more_subfield_xml ?
16:05 jcamins Right.
16:06 cait1_afk gaetan_B: and they will want to use it when they use the serials module
16:06 cait1_afk and add items
16:06 gaetan_B jcamins: ideally yes, this is a very small project though, for a monastery, and they really don't have any money to fund a development
16:08 gaetan_B and unfortunately i have no idea how to achieve this myself
16:08 cait1_afk hmm
16:08 cait1_afk yeah, it's a bit bigger of a project I think
16:09 gaetan_B but i think enumchron might have been a tricky choice indeed
16:09 gaetan_B displaying arbitrary additionnal field would be *really* sweet though :)
16:11 jcamins Incredible.
16:11 jcamins Myshkin _insists_ that I follow him into his room and keep him company while he's eating.
16:12 jcamins Pushiest cat ever.
16:19 gaetan_B actually there is a table that works really nicely with items, the one at the top of, it even takes into account whatever is in moe_subfields_xml, and displays the proper text instead of the code
16:19 jcamins paul_p: around?
16:19 paul_p jcamins yep, pushing ;-)
16:19 gerundio hey again, I've stumbled accross a weird thing regarding UNIMARC records encoding
16:19 jcamins I knew you were pushing, but wasn't sure you were at IRC.
16:19 gerundio anyone up to the task of trying to help me figure this out? :)
16:19 jcamins You know about git-bz edit {bug number}, right?
16:20 jcamins gerundio: I don't do UNIMARC, sorry.
16:20 paul_p mmm... nope
16:20 jcamins paul_p: oh, you should!
16:20 gaetan_B gerundio: ask away ;)
16:20 gerundio jcamins, I'm guessing not a lot of people do :D
16:20 paul_p gerundio I know UNIMARC, but am in the process of pushing many patches...
16:20 jcamins It's even more useful with my patched veresion of git-bz.
16:20 jcamins You can use git-bz edit to obsolete lots of patches on a bug at once.
16:20 paul_p gerundio = all frenchies do, and, fortunately, BibLibre is often around here ;-)
16:20 gaetan_B gerundio: i know unimarc but i might not have the answer, what's the question ?
16:20 * paul_p tries immediately !!!
16:21 gerundio gaetan_B, paul_p, it's realted to "all frenchies" I guess :D
16:21 gaetan_B "all frenchies" is a thing that might take you into trouble indeed ;)
16:22 jcamins gaetan_B: that's why I don't use UNIMARC- I don't want to run into trouble! :P
16:23 jcamins I wish I could have UNIMARC authorities and MARC21 bibs.
16:23 gerundio I don't know if this makes much sense to you guys, but I've found what seem to be some hardcoded references to the national cataloging rules
16:23 gaetan_B jcamins: i wish i could avoid it too, but i'm neck deep in it !
16:23 jcamins Hehe.
16:23 gerundio I keep finding harcoded references to "frey50"
16:23 gaetan_B ah this is related to the encoding (unicode)
16:23 gerundio yes
16:24 gaetan_B the fre though
16:24 gerundio but why hardcode it to French
16:24 gaetan_B errr
16:24 brylie joined #koha
16:24 gerundio ??
16:24 gaetan_B well it's embarassing i guess, because it really does look like somthing that shouldn't be hardcoded
16:25 * gaetan_B is trying to cover up world domination plans from "all frenchies"
16:25 gerundio it's not the frenchies you should worry about? :D
16:25 gerundio mixed punctuation... ment to write a ! and not a ? in the last sentence
16:26 gerundio well, I see this seems to be a problem, do you agree?
16:26 gerundio how can I help to fix it?
16:26 gaetan_B gerundio: i just opened my favourite tool to inflict pain on myself whenever required (my UNIMARC standard book)
16:27 gerundio lolol, I don't know it but it does sound painful
16:27 gaetan_B it shouldn't be hardcoded, there's an official list
16:28 gaetan_B the official langage list that is used at other places too
16:28 jcamins gerundio: the thing to do is add a syspref to set the default, I think.
16:30 gaetan_B gerundio: frey50 is 3 different things actually
16:30 gaetan_B fre is for french, as you guessed, it's about bragging about our food again
16:30 gaetan_B y means "no transliterration"
16:30 gaetan_B 50 means unicode
16:30 gaetan_B hope that helps
16:31 gerundio the thing is, I was looking into intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/val​ue_builder/
16:31 gerundio at line 95 we find: $result = '        d        u  y0frey50      ba' unless $result;
16:32 gaetan_B ah so it's a default value for whenever nothing is supplied for 100$a ?
16:32 gerundio and the value of that $result variable, should be, as jcamins mentioned, set as a syspref I guess
16:32 gerundio does it make sense?
16:33 jcamins We do that for MARC21.
16:33 gaetan_B gerundio: it could also be the default value for this field in the cataloging grid
16:33 gaetan_B ?
16:33 gaetan_B sorry i meant marc structure
16:33 gerundio now your talking gibberish to me :D
16:34 gaetan_B ok, i looked it up in the english interface :d it MARC bibliographic framework
16:34 gaetan_B *it's
16:34 gerundio right
16:35 gerundio is there any way to assign default values for a given field in the MARC bibliographic framework?
16:35 jcamins Yes, under "More constraints."
16:39 magnuse woohoo for developer #193
16:39 jcamins Within striking distance of 200!
16:39 jcamins :D
16:39 magnuse yup!
16:39 rhcl left #koha
16:40 magnuse when i started getting involved that number was approaching 100
16:40 gaetan_B jcamins: does pointing out the items table that is used in in bug 7525 sound like an acceptable way of proposing a solution ?
16:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7525 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , some database fields are displayed 'as is' when they are linked to autorised values
16:41 jcamins Yes, I think so.
16:41 gaetan_B it's a different problem in some way, but it would definitely solve the problem of recycled fields
16:41 gerundio jcamins, where can I find "More constraints"?
16:41 gaetan_B ok will do this then :)
16:42 * jcamins was 111.
16:42 gerundio think I found it
16:42 jcamins gerundio: MARC frameworks.
16:42 wahanui marc frameworks are specific to Koha.
16:42 gerundio I edited a field and under the subfield editor I see a "Display more constraints" link
16:42 gerundio is that it?
16:43 jcamins Yes.
16:43 laurence left #koha
16:50 gerundio jcamins, I got some breakthrough but the fre value in "Language of cataloging" kept showing up even though I added '        d        k||y0pory50      ba' as the default value for it
16:51 jcamins I suspect the dropdown defaults to that, too.
16:51 gerundio so the original value was '        d        u  y0frey50      ba', which ment I got Target audience code = u, no value for Target audience codes 2 and 3
16:52 gerundio with the new value the Target audience code should've changed to k but it didn't, the u value remained unchanged
16:52 gerundio Target audience codes 2 and 3 got update to | as instructed
16:52 cait1_afk i think that's a bu
16:52 cait1_afk g
16:53 cait1_afk I had problems with that too
16:53 cait1_afk the pull downs don't get preselected correctly it seems
16:53 cait1_afk but I was not looking at master when I encountered this
16:53 gerundio ok, cait1_afk thanks for your input on this too :)
16:54 gerundio btw, from my experiment now some combo boxes show up the correct value
16:54 gerundio others don't
16:54 gerundio and even plain text input boxes show the wrong value
16:55 cait1_afk :(
16:55 jcamins Are you using memcached?
16:56 jcamins You need to restart memcached if you are.
16:56 jcamins Either that or you set the defaults for the wrong framework.
16:57 gerundio I'm using memcached :)
16:58 gerundio but even so, some values got updated while others didn't
16:58 gerundio quick memcached restart, let's see what happens :)
16:58 cait1_afk fingers crossed
16:58 gerundio you can uncross them
16:58 gerundio it worked :D
16:59 cait1_afk yay
16:59 gerundio koha is officially bug free ehehehe
16:59 cait1_afk so I remain with my problem then :)
16:59 cait1_afk maybe it was a bug in the version I was looking at
16:59 jcamins cait1_afk: this is the UNIMARC 100 plugin.
16:59 jcamins Every plugin can have different bugs. :/
17:00 cait1_afk jcamins: oh, that makes sense :(
17:00 cait1_afk I will have to retest in master then
17:00 gerundio guys, thank you very much for your help once again
17:00 gerundio time for the LDAP koha guru to say farewell
17:00 cait1_afk our newest library is doing a lot of local cataloguing
17:01 gerundio see you all tomorrow
17:01 cait1_afk have a nice evening? gerundio
17:03 gaetan_B bye, have a nice end of the day !
17:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #912: SUCCESS in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/912/
17:03 jenkins_koha * tomascohen: Bug 8724 - Upgrade from NoZebra installs is broken
17:03 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8724 follow-up DBRev number
17:03 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7483: fixes on breadcrumbs in Authority administration
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8724 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Upgrade from NoZebra installs is broken
17:03 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 7483 follow-up replacing tabs by 4 spaces in both templates
17:03 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Babeltheque: Remove the unused tab on the opac detail page
17:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8898 - Remove unused mainmenu include and related styles in the staff client
17:03 jenkins_koha * mathieu.saby: Bug 8916: Hide Curriculum index in advanced search if marcflavor = unimarc
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7483 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , A more detailed breadcrumb for authority management
17:03 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8916 follow-up adding Mathieu Saby to contributors list
17:03 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8933: Update transport cost matrix styles
17:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8923 [Revised] Add ids to repeated pagination menus to allow for CSS customization
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8898 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove unused mainmenu include and related styles in the staff client
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8916 minor, P5 - low, ---, mathieu.saby, Pushed to Master , Hide Curriculum index in advanced search for unimarc marcflavor
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8933 minor, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , transport cost matrix capitalization wrong
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8923 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add ids to repeated pagination menus to allow for CSS customization
17:25 chris_n joined #koha
17:26 * chris_n looks around and blinks
17:26 rhcl joined #koha
17:31 chris_n anyone know of a quick and easy way to move perl libs from one os install to another? (assuming both os's are the same ver)
17:32 jcamins chris_n: how are they installed?
17:40 paul_p mmm... authorities search don't work anymore on my test Koha. Have I broken something ? Can't call method "data" on an undefined value at /home/paul/​munity/C4/ line 342. I'll investigate tomorrow. Time to leave now ! (almost 8PM)
17:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #913 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:41 paul_p bye guys, and see you tomorrow !
17:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8945: Update comments help file <[…]45fe8b2047284abe1> / Bug 8945: Hold help file <[…]2a3b5c839fea01537> / Bug 8945: Reports Help Files <[…]f0a8f9a53cb9aa57b> / Bug 8945
17:43 chris_n jcamins: variously package manager and cpan
17:44 chris_n I'll probably just have to catalog them and reinstall :-P
17:44 jcamins chris_n: for package manager, you can use dpkg --get-selections.
17:44 jcamins For cpan, you can copy /usr/local
17:44 jcamins But you might or might not want to do that.
17:44 jcamins Probably not.
17:45 chris_n you mean there may be something I can do that I might not want to?
17:45 chris_n I definitely do not want to break a brand new install
17:45 chris_n after being off-the-air for several weeks
17:46 jcamins Right. I would recommend against copying /usr/local.
17:46 jcamins But that's how you do it.
17:46 chris_n k, I can at least get a list from there
17:47 chris_n tnx
17:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
17:57 edveal joined #koha
18:03 chris_n brb
18:05 Schildkroete joined #koha
18:06 Schildkroete good evening
18:07 oleonard Hi Schildkroete
18:07 Schildkroete anyone willing to answer a quick question about z39-50 in Koha? I have gained access to a sever, but apparently it only speaks MAB (some German thing if i am not misstaken). Is there any way to include that Server in Koha?
18:08 jcamins No.
18:08 jcamins It has to return MARC.
18:08 Schildkroete well, it does not :)
18:09 Schildkroete Z> show 1
18:09 Schildkroete Sent presentRequest (1+1).
18:09 Schildkroete Diagnostic message(s) from database:
18:09 Schildkroete [238] Record not available in requested syntax -- v2 addinfo 'Available syntax: MAB'
18:09 Schildkroete at least it says so :=)
18:09 jcamins Ouch.
18:09 Schildkroete thank you :=)
18:09 jcamins Not even SUTRS! (not that you could've used SUTRS either, of course)
18:10 jcamins There was work on a feature that could have made it possible to write a converter to handle MAB.
18:10 jcamins But it never got in.
18:10 jcamins And would have required a great deal of programming to support MAB.
18:10 libsysguy joined #koha
18:10 jcamins If you're a programmer interested in revisiting the issue, I can find the bug report for you, and you can see about adding MAB support. :)
18:11 * jcamins crosses his fingers hopefully. :D
18:11 Schildkroete sounds awesome :) But i am not quite sure if i have the skills nor the time at the moment :)
18:11 jcamins It's always the time that's the problem.
18:11 Schildkroete or a clue, where the exact difference between MAB and MARCxy is :)
18:12 jcamins I don't know anything about MAB, but cait showed me a record once, and it was weird.
18:13 jcamins (sorry, not hugely helpful I know)
18:14 Schildkroete not a problem :)
18:14 Schildkroete and to me it is just as weired as a plain Marcrecord  :)
18:15 Schildkroete but could you maybe forward me the bug report anyway?
18:16 jcamins Bug 6536
18:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---,, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing
18:16 Schildkroete thank you
18:17 jcamins You're welcome.
18:18 chris_n joined #koha
18:19 chris_n joined #koha
18:19 chris_n joined #koha
18:22 Schildkroete jcamins: could you maybe point me to the right direction where the conversation takes place in koha?
18:23 jcamins Schildkroete: Right now there is no conversion, which is the problem.
18:24 Schildkroete i see :)
18:24 jcamins Most of the code is probably in cataloguing/ and C4/
18:25 jcamins Note that that's "most" not "all."
18:25 jcamins Encapsulation in that part of the code is... not necessarily what we might want.
18:28 cait1_afk hi Schildkroete
18:29 cait1_afk where are you from? your nick is German - so I am curious :)
18:35 jcamins cait1_afk: and s/he uses MAB.
18:36 rangi Morning
18:36 wahanui well, Morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
18:36 oleonard Hi rangi
18:38 chris_n joined #koha
18:38 oleonard Marshall answers: Loads of people are switching to Open Source, which shows that Open Source is still struggling and can't be considered a trend
18:38 rangi Hehe he actually didn't say that at lianza he said real alternative
18:39 rangi Which was interesting
18:39 jcamins lol
18:39 oleonard Progress?
18:39 wahanui i think Progress is good
18:39 jcamins oleonard: have you ever considered a career in stand-up?
18:39 jcamins I laughed.
18:39 rhcl follow #internetlibrarian if interested -- lots of koha-related tweets not specifically tagged kohails
18:40 oleonard Yeah, librarians are terrible at classifying stuff with subject headings :P
18:40 rangi Good conference so far?
18:43 chris_n g'afternoon (or whatever)
18:44 rangi Hey chris_n!
18:44 wahanui release maintainer for 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6. or late on 3.6.5
18:45 chris_n hi rangi
18:46 rangi Yeah
18:47 rangi I agree with Nicole
18:47 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #913: SUCCESS in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/913/
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8934: Fix transport cost matrix help language
18:47 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 8870 UNIMARC authorities search doesn't display information properly
18:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8935 - transport cost matrix could be prettier
18:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8912 - Remove unused
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8944: Fix invoices search wording
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Update help files for 3.10
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8934 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , fix typo and language on transport cost matrix
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Acquisitions Help Files for 3.10
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Administration Help Files
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8870 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , UNIMARC authorities search doesn't display properly information
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Authority Help Files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Catalogue Help Files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Cataloging Help Files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Add missing detail help file to catalog
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8935 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , transport cost matrix could be prettier
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Circulation help files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Label help files
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8912 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove unused
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8944 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , fix wording on invoice search
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Update patron help files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Add patron routing list help file
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8945 major, P5 - low, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , Koha 3.10 Help Files Update
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Update offline circ help files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Update patron card creator help files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Reports Help Files
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Hold help file
18:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8945: Update comments help file
18:50 rangi Speaking of more open
18:52 cait1_afk hm?
18:53 cait1_afk jcamins: oh, I had missed all the earlier conversation :) MAB is a good hint
18:54 rangi Hmm that's one meaning
18:55 rangi More importantly they can share those mods
18:56 rangi I can mod all sorts of things if I sign nda or pay to play
18:56 rhcl a tweet line can't really convey everything said
18:56 rhcl I may not be fairly representing everything
18:56 rangi Doesn't make them open source
18:56 rangi Yeah it's hard with tweetd
18:56 rangi I appreciate you trying
18:57 jcamins rhcl: that said, do you really think that you misrepresented with that tweet?
18:57 * jcamins does not.
18:57 * jcamins too appreciates the livetweet.
18:57 rhcl I don't think I did given the limitations. Marshall really did give a fair definition.
19:00 rhcl looks like it's taking 3-5 minutes for tweets to show here
19:01 rangi Yep that's about right
19:01 oleonard You can't query the Twitter API every 30 seconds, there's a limit
19:01 rhcl lots of closing talk about koha by Marshall and audience
19:01 rhcl lunch, bbl
19:01 rhcl left #koha
19:06 Schildkroete cait1_afk: sry, i am having dinner with my flatmates. But i am located in Bonn
19:06 cait1_afk hi then
19:06 cait1_afk I am in Konstanz :)
19:07 Schildkroete just around the corner ;)
19:07 cait1_afk well... compared to others here, probably :)
19:07 Schildkroete indeed :)
19:08 cait1_afk are you installing koha for alibrary? or researching?
19:09 Schildkroete installing koha for a small library
19:10 Schildkroete or better, figuring if koha suits our needs
19:10 Schildkroete which so far it does
19:12 cait1_afk cool :)
19:12 cait1_afk come back if you have any questions
19:12 Schildkroete i will, thank you
19:12 cait1_afk and don't forget to sign your library up at the koha wiki later :)
19:13 cait1_afk[…]/KohaUsers/Europe < European Koha users :)
19:14 Schildkroete if we gert everything up and running and manage to enter all the data without bashing our heads in :P
19:15 cait1_afk ok
19:15 cait1_afk fair :)
19:16 Schildkroete which remainds me, does anyone know a good z39-target for german books, mostly on the topic of theology?
19:18 trea joined #koha
19:22 cait1_afk um
19:23 cait1_afk pm
19:23 cait1_afk :)
19:27 Schildkroete left #koha
19:32 drojf deutschenschwemme
19:34 cait1_afk lol
19:34 cait1_afk wurde doch zeit? about time?
19:35 drojf koha germs :D
19:35 cait1_afk hehe
19:41 brylie joined #koha
19:50 oleonard The OPAC should be functional without JavaScript. Should self checkout?
19:51 oleonard Right now it isn't, fully.
19:51 rangi hmm
19:51 rangi yes it should
19:51 rangi good catch oleonard
19:52 oleonard My hesitation was that like with the staff client the library does have control over the machine self checkout is running on, presumably.
19:53 oleonard ...although none of the js-dependent functionality I see really needs to be js-dependent AFAICT
19:54 rangi *nod*
19:54 rangi and often if you can't do it without js, it means that some checking is being done by js .. which isnt backed up by checking on the backend, ... which is messy
20:00 cjh :(
20:02 reiveune1 left #koha
20:02 cait1_afk hi cjh :)
20:02 cait1_afk ok, last time I did that, the css got a bit out of control
20:03 cjh cait1_afk: hey cait :)
20:03 cait1_afk I want to change the opac layout to be static width?
20:03 cait1_afk any hints on a nice opac I could steal from? :)
20:03 * oleonard remembers doing that once... ages ago.
20:03 cait1_afk I did it once... but I am not sure I want to start from there again
20:04 brylie joined #koha
20:05 kathryn joined #koha
20:05 brylie joined #koha
20:06 rangi cait1_afk: the library did this all themselves and I quite like it
20:06 rangi
20:07 cjh oh wow, they hire out ereaders. The future is here.
20:07 rangi it is in oamaru anyway :)
20:08 cjh hahahaha
20:09 cait1_afk thx rangi :)
20:09 cait1_afk ah - it's nice :)
20:10 oleonard cait1_afk: The way I remember doing it is that I redefined the #doc3 grid using the CSS forthe YUI fixed-width grid with the fixed width I wanted
20:10 cait1_afk oleonard: thx for the hints - but I am not sure I know hwere to start now
20:10 cait1_afk hm
20:11 cait1_afk is there a website for yui or an example or a blog post I could look at?
20:11 oleonard
20:11 oleonard #doc3 is the full-width "100%" layout
20:12 oleonard If you take the CSS for say, #doc2 (950px) and redefine #doc3 using that, it should work
20:12 cait1_afk ugh
20:12 cait1_afk I will try
20:12 oleonard #doc3{width:73.074em;*width:71.313em; }
20:12 cait1_afk not sure I get it, but I will try :)
20:13 cait1_afk thx!
20:13 oleonard Correction: #doc3{width:73.074em;*width:71.313em;margin:auto;}
20:13 rangi cjh: how'd the assignments go?
20:14 cait1_afk oleonard: give me a few minutes - have to reset the installation a bit
20:15 cjh rangi: went great, most of it was fiddly work trying to get the tab alignment the way they wanted it >.>, have another due tonight and then im 'free'
20:15 oleonard I have to leave, but I'd be happy to help later if I can
20:15 * oleonard waves
20:15 cjh o/
20:15 rangi cjh: yay!
20:15 cait1_afk bye oleonard :)
20:15 cait1_afk and thank you :)
20:15 rangi cya oleonard
20:26 cait1_afk oleonard++
20:29 jcamins rangi: could you do me a favor?
20:29 jcamins Take a look at my XSS fix on
20:29 jcamins In 3.8.6.
20:30 jcamins Does it _do_ anything?
20:30 jcamins I'm trying to cherry-pick it to 3.6.x, and I swear the patch doesn't do look the same as when I wrote it.
20:31 jcamins s/do look/look/
20:33 rangi looking now
20:33 rangi 94d3e6e713a6550004ead6f95953586ab814f982 eh?
20:33 jcamins Yeah.
20:33 rangi just whitespace
20:34 jcamins Okay, at least it's not my imagination.
20:34 rangi -my $authid       = $query->param('authid');
20:34 rangi +my $authid = $query->param('authid');
20:35 jcamins That's weird, because the patch on Bugzilla closes the XSS hole.
20:35 rangi weird, when it applied thats all it seemed to do
20:35 rangi should add +$authid = int($authid); eh?
20:35 jcamins Right.
20:36 rangi ill fix the file in 3.8.x, it must have been my error when doing a conflict resolution
20:37 rangi id try just applying from the patch to 3.6.x
20:37 rangi none of them are in master yet ;(
20:38 jcamins Yeah, I'm applying directly off bugzilla and getting what I expected.
20:38 rangi[…]6b83df696c8dca702
20:38 rangi just fixed on 3.8.x
20:39 jcamins Thanks.
20:40 rangi thanks for spotting it
20:41 jcamins You're welcome.
20:41 cjh awesome work jcamins
20:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #210 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:41 jcamins cjh++ # for patching the last XSS vulnerability
20:41 cjh I am a little worried that arachni still reports them as vulnerable though
20:41 cjh jcamins: ty for the fun task :)
20:42 jcamins Yeah, that confuses me as well.
20:43 cjh looking at its example input it just inserts a string of alphanumerical and underscores, and if it sees it in the output page says 'yeap, vulnerable as that input isnt legitimate'
20:43 cjh I would like the report to come out clean though, may have to ask the author of the xss_ modules.
20:43 rangi i think they would like feedback
20:44 jcamins They do say "please report any false positives."
20:44 cjh there is a big 'report false positive' button, but I dont think I am that confident :)
20:44 jcamins Nor am I.
20:46 cjh time to wander off and do my concurrency assignment, have a good day/night everyone.
20:46 rangi cya cjh
20:48 cait1_afk bye cjh :)
20:49 jcamins Bye cjh
20:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #62 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #58 1 mo 8 days ago)
21:12 rhcl joined #koha
21:22 rangi heh
21:23 eythian joined #koha
21:33 maximep left #koha
21:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #210: SUCCESS in 1 hr 1 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/210/
21:42 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 3652 - Fixing a mistake in conflict resolution and closing an issue
21:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3652 critical, P1 - high, ---, chrish, Signed Off , XSS vulnerabilities
21:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #211 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:47 cait1_afk oleonard++ again
21:47 cait1_afk so much easier than last time I tried to do this
22:02 rhcl left #koha
22:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #62: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 27 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/62/
22:23 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 3652: close XSS vulnerabilities on biblionumber and authid
22:23 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 3652: close XSS vulnerabilities in opac-export
22:23 jenkins_koha * chrish: bug 3652 fixing XSS vulnerabilities in opac-search
22:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3652 critical, P1 - high, ---, chrish, Signed Off , XSS vulnerabilities
22:24 jcamins rangi: any idea why it's failing?
22:25 rangi yep, db stuff
22:25 rangi the db is inconsistent with 3.6.x
22:25 jcamins So- still nothing to worry about?
22:25 rangi nope
22:25 rangi its the aq tables
22:28 rangi we could disable that test for 3.6.x
22:32 jcamins Might not be a bad idea.
22:39 NateC left #koha
22:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #211: SUCCESS in 58 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/211/
22:41 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8862 - contains untranslatable strings
22:42 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8862 follow-up s/\t/4spaces/g
22:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8862 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , contains untranslatable strings
22:42 jenkins_koha * mirko: Bug 4177 opaccloud missing from the system preferences interface
22:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4177 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Stable , opaccloud missing from the system preferences interface
22:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #212 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:53 rangi accessibility is
22:53 rangi accessibility?
22:53 wahanui i heard accessibility was
22:54 eythian wahanui: a11y is
22:54 wahanui OK, eythian.
23:07 cait1_afk @later tell oleonard - that worked like a charm - thank you. Maybe needs some more adjusting when there is a colored background, because header and footer seem to be a bit off -  but for white all is nice now. :)
23:07 huginn cait1_afk: The operation succeeded.
23:08 jcamins a11y?
23:08 wahanui i heard a11y was
23:08 jcamins Does anyone write that?
23:09 rhcl joined #koha
23:13 brylie joined #koha
23:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #212: SUCCESS in 38 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/212/
23:20 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8792 : Babeltheque: Remove the unused tab on the opac detail page
23:20 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8898 - Remove unused mainmenu include and related styles in the staff client
23:20 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8912 - Remove unused
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8792 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Babeltheque tab is useless
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8898 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Remove unused mainmenu include and related styles in the staff client
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8912 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Remove unused
23:44 tcohen joined #koha
23:45 tomas joined #koha
23:46 edveal left #koha
23:49 rhcl left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary