IRC log for #koha, 2012-07-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 BobB joined #koha
00:10 Judit joined #koha
00:10 Judit hi
00:13 Judit do you know if runtime parameters come in koha3.2 or 3.4?
00:13 jcamins 3.4, I think, but don't quote me on that.
00:14 Judit 3.2 The only supported dropdowns at this time are Branches, Item Types and Patron Categories.
00:15 Judit so fully in 3.4
00:15 libsysguy joined #koha
00:15 Judit well, that is only the dropdown
00:25 melia left #koha
00:44 libsysguy has anybody tested out Koha using Amazons RDS service?
00:44 jcamins libsysguy: nope.
00:44 jcamins I thought about it, but RDS can't be set up as a MySQL slave, and there were lots of reports of terrible performance from RDS.
00:44 libsysguy oh hey jcamins….i didn't see you there
00:44 libsysguy dang it
00:44 jcamins Or, at least, that was true when I thought about it.
00:45 libsysguy well I was just starting to do some research into mysql clustering in AWS
00:45 libsysguy and RDS was a top google result :p
01:08 dcook joined #koha
01:08 dcook Allo #koha
01:13 alex_a1 joined #koha
01:30 alex_a joined #koha
01:42 libsysguy joined #koha
01:59 Oak joined #koha
01:59 Oak kia ora #koha
02:38 jcamins git?
02:38 wahanui somebody said git was[…]Control_Using_Git
02:38 jcamins dcook: ^^
02:40 mtj hey jcamins, check this...
02:40 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "" (15 lines) at
02:40 jcamins mtj: new tests?
02:40 * jcamins tries to look surprised.
02:40 * jcamins fails.
02:41 mtj i've sorted a perlcritic script, on the last $x commits
02:41 jcamins (surprised at the fact that there are complaints)
02:41 jcamins Reeeallly?
02:41 jcamins Intriguing!
02:41 mtj so, last commit in my repo is this ->[…]b0e6e6d07e7cff96e
02:41 mtj which is bug 6874 fyi...
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , File upload in MARC
02:42 jcamins No description?
02:42 jcamins Ah.
02:42 mtj nope, just a quick/dirty test...
02:43 mtj and my perlcritic script has just found 13 *new* perlcritic errors in that patch :)
02:43 jcamins Heh.
02:43 mtj better to know about them , than to not know
02:44 jcamins Yup.
02:45 brylie_ joined #koha
02:45 mtj so, i now i gotta decide if i'll fix them, or just pass-qa and make a qa note about them
02:47 jcamins git bz?
02:47 wahanui well, git bz is so much fun :) or[…]_bz_configuration or just about anything except intuitive
02:47 jcamins ^^ dcook, that's a direct link.
02:47 dcook Ahh
02:48 dcook Merci :)
02:52 dcook Hmm, not having luck
02:53 jcamins :(
02:53 jcamins I recally it being pretty easy.
02:53 jcamins You could also run git-bz with a complete path.
02:54 dcook I can't even find the profile :/
02:54 jcamins Oh, the file might not exist.
02:54 dcook That...could make a difference, lol
02:54 jcamins If it doesn't, add "export PATH=[gitbzdir]:$PATH"
02:56 jcamins Wait... are you using bash?
02:56 jcamins If not, that'd change things.
02:57 * dcook only started using Linux last October, and only SUSE since mid-January :S
02:59 dcook So no idea :p
02:59 dcook I think that we are using bash though, if random memory serves me correctly
03:00 jcamins Try the .profile.
03:00 dcook Couldn't find one in the root or home
03:01 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "" (11 lines) at
03:02 mtj jcamins:  and a similar qa-script to run perl -c , on previous commits... ;)
03:03 jcamins dcook: right, just create one. :)
03:06 dcook Hmm, I did, but I'm all kinds of lost again
03:07 dcook Well, I cloned git-bz from somewhere else, so I wanted to delete it, and re-clone it using the git specified in the instructions
03:07 dcook But now I'm having issues deleting the directory *facepalm*
03:07 jcamins rm -Rf
03:07 jcamins But for goodness sake, make sure you type the directory *first*.
03:07 dcook It has the absolute path safety feature on
03:08 dcook The bizarre part is that I am specifying the absolute path (which I've had to do for past dirs I've deleted), but I still can't seem to get it to work
03:08 * jcamins isn't familiar with that.
03:10 dcook I wonder..
03:15 dcook Hmm, I cheated and used winscp instead
03:15 jcamins How do you do a link in mediawiki?
03:16 dcook true linux newb moment: home directory does refer to ~/ and not a/the directory called home, yes?
03:16 jcamins Right.
03:18 dcook Excellent
03:18 dcook Do I actually need to symlink git-bz? That's where I run into that root access problem :/
03:18 jcamins Why are you symlinking git-bz?
03:19 dcook It's in the instructions
03:19 jcamins Oh. Uh, ignore that.
03:19 jcamins Just add the directory with git-bz to your path.
03:19 dcook In .profile or .bash_profile?
03:20 jcamins I prefer .profile.
03:20 jcamins .bash_profile might be preferred on suse, though.
03:21 dcook what kind of path structure might I need?
03:22 jcamins Just add "export PATH=/home/dcook/git-bz:$PATH"
03:22 jcamins Substituting the appropriate path to the directory that holds the git-bz executable.
03:22 dcook Hmm, k
03:22 jcamins The other option is to just run it as ~/git-bz/git-bz all the time.
03:24 dcook Sweeeet
03:25 dcook I assume the config part still needs to be run?
03:25 jcamins Yes.
03:25 dcook I saw something about self-auth
03:26 jcamins I just followed the instructions... don't know much about setting up git-bz.
03:27 dcook No worries. I'm on track now. Thanks heaps again, jcamins
03:46 cait joined #koha
04:01 cait bye jcamins_away
04:01 cait hi #koha :)
04:01 dcook hi cait :)
04:01 cait hi dcook :)
04:02 dcook Having a good morning?
04:02 cait so far so good
04:03 cait the morning is not very old yet :)
04:05 dcook :)
04:20 BobB joined #koha
04:28 zioha joined #koha
04:30 Irma1 left #koha
04:35 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:35 Amit_Gupta heya koha
04:35 Amit_Gupta hi bag
04:37 Judit hi
04:37 Judit left #koha
05:07 tweetbot` Twitter: @andisugandi: "Mereka bosen ga ya baca pertanyaan dari orang yang sama setiap hari: =P *eeeaaa* | #Koha #KohaILS #idzebra #daemon"
05:08 druthb joined #koha
05:18 adnc joined #koha
05:23 mtj if anyone finds the twitterbot annoying and wants it stopped? - just let me know...
05:24 cait i like it :)
05:25 mtj nice to know my qa-critic script had a bug in it...
05:26 mtj after the fix - patch for bug 6874 went from 13 critic violations... to 0 :)
05:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , File upload in MARC
05:27 cait :)
05:32 dcook Hmm, does anyone use git bz?
05:32 mtj cait: i like it too :)
05:33 mtj dcook, i do
05:33 mtj still config problems?
05:33 dcook Mhm :/
05:34 dcook I'm getting "NameError: global name 'host' is not defined"
05:35 dcook For "File "/apps/kohagit/git-bz/git-bz", line 866, in get_cookie_string     self.cookies = get_bugzilla_cookies(host) "
05:35 mtj
05:37 mtj dcook:  ive got 2 bz blocks in my ~/.gitconfig
05:37 mtj do you?
05:38 dcook yep
05:38 pastebot "mtj" at pasted ".gitconfig" (10 lines) at
05:38 mtj like that?
05:40 dcook Hmmm, no. I'll look into it. Thanks for the lines :0
05:40 dcook :) *
05:40 dcook I see one spelling mistake and I'm missing a line or two that I know I entered (or at least typed up...)
05:41 mtj ah yep, you'll  need all that stuff correct, b4 it will work
05:42 mtj ps: ignore the gitweb block
05:44 dcook I had two bz blocks due to misspelling
05:44 dcook But I'm missing your second one...because the instructions don't say to make those global config settings
05:47 dcook And it turns out that you don't need that 2nd block
05:47 dcook My error was caused due to that spelling mistake separating my u/n and p/w
05:47 * dcook has his third facepalm of the day
05:53 mtj pass... i guess i had a similar problem to you, and just made all those bz vars global
05:54 mtj which makes perfect sense to me, as i use git-bz on many many koha git repos
05:55 mtj i dont wanna have to config every git repo to work with bz - i just want them all to work with bz
05:56 mtj and i only ever use git-bz with one host only, and that's
05:57 dcook Makes sense
05:57 dcook Why do you use many koha git repos though?
05:58 mtj well, i dont really... but in theory i might
05:58 mtj i *have* many many koha repos, i might wanna test a bug on any one of them
05:59 mtj (if i bork my primary testing repo)
05:59 dcook I think I follow you now ;)
05:59 dcook As I'm trying to do now :p
06:03 dcook Ooooh
06:03 * dcook is having fun playing with his new git dev install
06:05 mbalmer joined #koha
06:10 cait mtj: still around?
06:11 mtj yepz
06:12 cait :)
06:12 mtj whats up?
06:12 wahanui up is probably the sky
06:12 cait I am trying to fix 7411
06:13 cait I added a new perl package but forgot adding it to C4::installer:... apparently
06:13 cait I am not sure about the version numbers I have to give there
06:13 cait and not sure how to find out which version I have installed :(
06:13 cait 'Text::Unaccent' => {
06:13 cait 'usage'    => 'Core',
06:13 cait 'required' => '0',
06:13 cait 'min_ver'  => '?',
06:13 cait } < that's what I have right now
06:14 mtj 1 tic...
06:14 cait thx :)
06:15 mtj hmm, chose the version-number in debian stable?
06:16 cait sounds reasonable
06:16 mtj[…]ext-unaccent-perl
06:16 cait :) thx!
06:16 mtj 1.08-ish...
06:16 cait so 1.08-1?
06:16 cait or just give 1.08?
06:16 mtj 1.08, i think
06:17 cait ok :) thx!
06:17 cait is there another place I should add the new dep?
06:17 mtj ./debian/control
06:18 mtj and ./C4/Installer/
06:18 mtj thats about it...
06:18 cait i did debian/control install_misc/debian.packages and now
06:18 cait you were typing faster than I was :)
06:19 mtj theres a bit of a plan to kill the 'install_misc/debian.packages' file :)
06:19 cait :)
06:19 cait ok
06:19 cait but that's already in master, so nothing to worry about for now
06:19 cait I only forgot the C4 part
06:19 mtj and just use/update the debian/control file
06:20 cait hm
06:20 cait required 1 or 0?
06:20 mtj its stupid (and buggy) to have two files for debian packages
06:20 cait it's used to remove diacricitcs from patron names when creating the user id
06:20 mtj 1  :)
06:20 cait thx again :)
06:21 cait mtj++
06:24 slef mtj: replace the INSTALL.debian line with something like aptitude install $(sed -n -e '/Depends: /,/^[^ ]/{;s/Depends: //;s/,//g;p;}' debian/control) (but test that first as it might not be quite right yet)
06:24 cait morning slef :)
06:26 slef hi all
06:26 slef hi cait
06:28 mtj slef, or wrap that yuckyness in a script
06:28 alex_a joined #koha
06:28 slef mtj: I don't like telling people to run random scripts as root
06:29 mtj $  ./  > debs.txt
06:30 mtj aptitude install  < ./debs.txt ?
06:30 mtj something like that then...
06:30 laurence joined #koha
06:30 mtj parses ./debian/control and generates the debs.txt
06:31 slef aptitude install $(< debs.txt) # but yes, that would be OK
06:32 mtj yeah, i agree
06:44 sophie_m joined #koha
06:45 cait fredericd++ :)
06:45 cait bonjour sophie_m :)
06:45 sophie_m Guten Tag cait :-)
06:46 mtj logged a bug 8042
06:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8042 normal, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Batch numbers aren't committed as used until an item is added
06:46 mtj oops, bug 8402
06:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8402 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , replace 'install_misc/debian.packages' file with '' script
06:46 mtj no patch yet... :)
06:47 cait bbiab :)
06:47 cait left #koha
06:50 Irma joined #koha
07:06 asaurat joined #koha
07:08 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:08 gaetan_B hello !
07:09 matts hi !
07:10 rangi hello europe
07:19 asaurat joined #koha
07:21 kf joined #koha
07:21 kf hi again #koha
07:22 reiveune joined #koha
07:22 rangi hi kf
07:23 reiveune hello
07:23 rangi hi reiveune
07:23 kf hi rangi and reiveune :)
07:23 clrh_ hello
07:23 reiveune hi everybody :)
07:24 schnydszch joined #koha
07:24 kf hi clrh :)
07:24 clrh hi kf
07:24 rangi hi clrh
07:24 clrh hi rangi
07:27 clrh for information, Julian is in holidays, he will be back the 16 (july)
07:27 paul_p joined #koha
07:27 kf clrh: ah thx
07:27 kf clrh: maybe I can try and resolve the conflict myself - but have to take a deeper look then
07:29 clrh I said this is because I saw your comment on 5339 :) I cannot ensure you someone else will have a look in the week (not sure of my english as usual)
07:30 kf clrh: no problem, I think I understand you :)
07:30 kf it's a small conflict, but I got a bit confused on resolving it - I will try again tonight
07:33 fredy joined #koha
07:52 laurence joined #koha
08:00 tweetbot` Twitter: @jsicot: "@mdelhaye je sens qu'on va taper directement l'api xISBN en jquery… #kohails"
08:05 kf hm next project, a google translate bot? :)
08:06 drojf :)
08:06 drojf +1
08:07 drojf good morning #koha
08:07 kf morning drojf :)
08:07 drojf moin kf
08:34 fredy_ joined #koha
09:05 asaurat left #koha
09:10 tweetbot` Twitter: @mdelhaye: "@jsicot pb d'xslt, il me semble ; on a ouvert un ticket #kohails"
09:12 drojf err. wat? i'm doing raspi koha benchmarks. so far it was a solid 10x faster with plack. and then this happened
09:12 drojf no Plack: Step 6a circulation (checkouts) 436543ms     0.045 checkouts/sec
09:12 drojf Plack:      Step 6a circulation (checkouts)       211ms   94.786 checkouts/sec
09:12 drojf Performance gain: Step 6a circulation (checkouts)    2068x
09:14 rangi same borrower?
09:14 rangi because multiple checkouts with the same borrower, will be a lot faster than changing borrowers
09:15 rangi plack will have all the borrower data in ram
09:15 drojf ah! i think i dont have much user data in there so it probably only uses my own account
09:15 rangi cgi, look it up each time
09:15 rangi *nod*
09:15 drojf cool, thanks
09:15 rangi that'll be why
09:15 rangi it does mean that for circ, first checkout to a borrower, takes a hit, then next 10 books they are checking out, way faster
09:16 rangi which is no bad thing
09:16 drojf yes that is nice too, but not i should have more patrons then to test
09:19 rangi :)
09:19 drojf err, the "not" does not belong there
09:19 drojf ok the "all at once" is probably going to take 45 minutes, i better go to work :D
09:20 rangi :)
09:23 drojf how many borrowers should i have for reasonable benchmarking? 10? 100?
09:23 rangi hmm 100 would be good
09:23 rangi then do random numbers of checkouts
09:23 rangi from 1-10
09:23 rangi or something like that
09:24 drojf hm need to generate user data, i'm not going to enter that by hand :D
09:25 rangi how many borrowers int he sample data?
09:25 rangi 50 in there
09:25 rangi so thats a good start
09:26 drojf ah yes that sounds good
09:27 paul_p drojf = what do you use to benchmark ?
09:27 drojf
09:27 paul_p drojf = have you seen my mail "the plack effect" on koha-devel mailing list ?
09:28 drojf yes, that is how i came to do that test :)
09:28 paul_p I get a -already great- x3, not 2068
09:28 drojf yes, i get 10-11x for other parts of the test
09:28 paul_p drojf = I also suspect that your plack-run test is not really run. It's too fast. I got some results like this when, in fact, Plack returned an error (and made nothing)
09:29 drojf oh, good to know. i will have a look at the plack output next time
09:31 drojf paul_p:
09:31 drojf noplack: Step 1: staff client main page 420016ms 0.047 pages/sec
09:31 drojf plack:     Step 1: staff client main page   35425ms 0.564 pages/sec
09:31 drojf that sounded reasonable to me. mind you, this is a raspberry pi mini-computer
09:31 paul_p drojf = iirc, I ran the test with a wrong URL (like http://my.plack.server/ci-bin/koha/ -note ci-bin and not cgi-bin)
09:32 paul_p so, plack answer "page not found", very very very fast ;-)
09:32 rangi the improvement will be much greater on slower hardware
09:32 drojf :D
09:32 rangi than on faster
09:33 rangi thats thef flaw in benchmarking, its subjective not absolute :)
11:13 drojf joined #koha
11:24 jwagner joined #koha
11:24 McCloud joined #koha
11:30 McCloud joined #koha
11:39 libsysguy joined #koha
11:42 schnydszch joined #koha
11:50 eythian joined #koha
11:53 nengard joined #koha
11:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7065 follow-up DBRev number <[…]2c7306213a10e12c9> / Bug 7065 - reserves table needs a primary key <[…]6a760d0a818e020b1> / Bug 8256: Teach webservice to select reports by name <[…]f;h=19264af3f4cb7
12:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #780 for job Koha_master (previous build: NOW UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 5 days 20 hr ago)
12:07 tweetbot` Twitter: @kohails: "#kohails  Retour d'expérience de mises à jour "3.2 BibLibre" vers 3.8"
12:10 tweetbot` Twitter: @paul_poulain: "#kohails"
12:11 drojf lol paul_p
12:11 paul_p drojf ??? why lol ?
12:11 drojf because you tweeted only "#kohails"? i thought you did it to try the bot
12:15 ago43 joined #koha
12:21 papa joined #koha
12:25 oleonard joined #koha
12:30 NateC joined #koha
12:37 nengard I need some git help ? what does this mean?
12:37 nengard new-host:manual nengard$ git am -3 -i -u french001.patch
12:37 nengard previous rebase directory /Users/nengard/manual/.git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.
12:39 eythian I think that means that it thinks you have a current rebase already in progress
12:39 nengard how do i kill it?
12:39 eythian if you are sure you don't, I think git rebase --abort will work and wind you back to where you were before you started it. Alternately, you can delete that file if you are currently where you want to be.
12:39 nengard figured it out
12:39 nengard :)
12:40 nengard it was git am --abort
12:41 eythian I think am is very similar to a rebase internally, so that'll probably do exactly the same thing.
12:46 kf hey eythian - I missed you :D
12:46 eythian yeah, was spending a few days playing tourist.
12:47 kf nengard: any chance more us libraries will vote for kohacon?
12:47 kf eythian: how was it? :)
12:47 eythian it was good, though my feet are a bit sore from lots of walking.
12:48 nengard kf - I keep trying to get them to vote
12:48 nengard I'll do a lot of posting today :)
12:48 drojf kf: trying to influence the vote?
12:49 * drojf sends out letters to nigeria and argentina
12:49 jcamins_away lol
12:49 drojf all these nigerian princes i met over the years can finally be useful
12:50 kf drojf: lol
12:51 kf kohavote phishing attack?
12:52 drojf nah they were legit people with just banking problems and a lot of money :)
12:53 kf lol
12:53 kf so you are multi millionair?
12:53 drojf yeah! but i hide it under the cover of a poor, underpaid student
12:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #780: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/780/
12:55 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8384: Some Perl scripts do not compile
12:55 jenkins_koha * mtompset: Bug 8356 - and have cataloging typo Changed urls from cataloging to cataloguing
12:55 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 4460 - Amazon's AssociateID tag not used in links so referred revenue lost
12:55 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 4460 - Amazon's AssociateID tag not used in links so referred revenue lost - Followup
12:55 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7143 : Adding Stacey Walker to the history
12:55 jenkins_koha * 5p4m: Bug 7143 – Bug for tracking changes to the about page
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8384 major, P1 - high, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Some Perl scripts do not compile
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8356 major, P4, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Master , and have cataloging typo
12:55 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8383: Add test to check that Perl scripts compile
12:55 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 8301 - Display additional system information (preferences) on About page to minimize support cases
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4460 normal, P3, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Amazon's AssociateID tag not used in links so referred revenue lost
12:55 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8256: Teach webservice to select reports by name
12:55 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7065 - reserves table needs a primary key
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
12:55 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7065 follow-up DBRev number
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8383 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Need test to check that Perl files will compile
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8301 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Display additional system information (preferences) on About page to minimize support cases
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8256 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Reports webservice should allow selection by name
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , reserves table needs a primary key
12:55 talljoy joined #koha
12:55 kf drojf: tricky
12:57 jcamins @later tell rangi Could you please install Test::Strict on jenkins?
12:57 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
12:59 reiveune1 joined #koha
13:02 jcamins nengard: now we're going to have write-in votes for the Pacific Northwest! :)
13:02 edveal joined #koha
13:03 nengard jcamins ??
13:03 wahanui jcamins is probably A-Grade developper on Koha willing to rewrite it from top to bottom. Good Luck jcamins
13:03 nengard cause of my emails?
13:03 jcamins nengard: I have observed that autocat seems to have a disproportionate number of people from the Pacific Northwest.
13:03 nengard HA
13:04 nengard well they have no way to write in anything :)
13:04 jcamins Not that Vancouver wouldn't be cool, of course.
13:05 tweetbot` Twitter: @ByWaterSolution: "Vote for the KohaCon13 Venue #kohails"
13:06 kf paul_p++ #nice blog post :)
13:07 nengard oh cool!!!
13:07 nengard where did the tweetbot come from?
13:07 kf mtj :)
13:07 jcamins mtj.
13:07 nengard mtj++
13:07 * jcamins didn't see paul_p's blog post.
13:07 nengard yeah what blog post?
13:07 kf my google translate link :)
13:08 kf link:[…]-biblibre-vers-38
13:08 drojf kf: your link does not do what you maybe think it does?!
13:08 kf and the EU version is the community version - some mistake in google's translation I think
13:08 kf oh yes, it doesn't
13:09 kf well, now everyone can copy and paste the text themselves :)
13:10 drojf[…]-biblibre-vers-38
13:10 drojf that link looks horrible :D
13:11 ryehex A few people were helping me search upgrade problem. I created this forum post to make tracking this easier if anyone can help: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]de-td5719182.html
13:11 jcamins paul_p++
13:20 paul_p joined #koha
13:32 maximep joined #koha
13:35 paul_p joined #koha
13:39 tweetbot` Twitter: @kohails: "#kohails  Vote for the KohaCon13 Venue"
13:47 kf paul_p: you missed some karma for nice blog posts :)
13:47 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7339] Help System in IE8-9 Does Not Load With 500 Error <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7339>
13:47 paul_p kf = i'm at home today, and my internet is *crazy* (20kB/s -not kidding-)
13:47 kf ouch
13:48 kf oleonard: ah sorry for the duplicate, I didn't find the other bug :(
13:49 oleonard That's okay. Not sure why huginn says that is needs signoff.
13:49 eythian jcamins_away: you've done something really weird to that patch, I can' convince it to either apply, or give a meaningful conflict notification.
14:00 nengard can someone tell me what bug number or commit message to look at to figure out what the new 'public' option on reports is for?
14:01 nengard I need to document that, but don't remember seeing that commit coming across my email
14:02 eythian nengard: can you give me a URL and a string in that URL, and I can find out quickly enough
14:02 eythian s/in that URL/on that page/
14:02 nengard cgi-bin/koha/reports/guide​ report from SQL
14:02 nengard 'Report is public'
14:02 nengard is the string
14:04 eythian nengard: bug 7249
14:04 wahanui it has been said that bug 7249 is particularly cool.
14:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7249 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Report webservices
14:04 nengard thank you!
14:04 eythian which apparently is cool
14:04 nengard hehe
14:04 nengard well i better read it then
14:04 kf it is :)
14:05 kf you can build very nice things with it, jcamins_away had a few great examples
14:07 nengard hmmm
14:07 nengard looks like you cant use runtime parameters though
14:07 nengard or am i doing something wrong?
14:08 nengard yeah - it doesn't work with runtime parameters
14:08 nengard jcamins - are your examples public? can I use them for the manual? cause I'm not sure how someone would use this kind of output
14:09 eythian I think the idea is that you can write webpages to take them and run things through graph APIs or whatever.
14:09 kf nengard: it gives you JSON output, which you can use to build things
14:09 eythian Though, allowing runtime params would be neat too.
14:10 kf yes, but perhaps an enhancement - worth noting it does currently not work
14:10 eythian yeah
14:10 nengard kf i don't know JSON and so I don't know how to write that up in the manual
14:10 kf I think just write json output
14:10 kf people searching for it will know
14:10 kf and give example urls
14:11 kf you can also view JSON in the browser (eythian stop me if I am saying sth wrong? ;) )
14:11 kf that's how I tested it
14:11 kf jcamins had one example with a map that showed the places of the publishers in your database
14:12 eythian yeah, it's something that would require a technical user to take advantage of.
14:12 eythian Our thinking was past 24hr/week/etc stats on the staff client homepage.
14:12 eythian like, as graphs
14:12 nengard some libraries like to show recent checkins - would that work?
14:12 kf I was thinking abou tprint layouts... in html for some things
14:13 eythian nengard: if you can write a report for it, yes.
14:13 nengard hmmmm
14:13 nengard okay i want some of these examples
14:13 eythian but it'll also require javascript knowledge to be implemented.
14:13 kf or a new books list
14:13 eythian heh
14:13 kf as an example for a public report
14:13 nengard we need a library on the wiki for this stuff I guess
14:13 nengard and I need some help with what to put in the manual
14:13 kf well... wouldn't need to be public but you could do something nicely formatted with it
14:13 eythian oh yeah, we have a fairly bad new books thing that we would love to replace with something like that.
14:13 nengard maybe an appendix on JSON and reports
14:13 kf beyond the simple table layout
14:14 kf nengard: I think mentioning it with a sample url and a screenshot of theoutput in the browser unformatted would be cool
14:14 kf people looking for something will know how to go from there
14:14 nengard right, but people who don't get it will be emailing me 100 questions
14:14 eythian Well, it's plain text, so a screenshot may not be ideal
14:14 nengard i want it to be perfectly clear
14:15 eythian if you can get someone to put together technical documentation for it, then you could link to that.
14:15 kf an appendix is probably a good place to put it
14:15 kf so not in the main user oriented part
14:15 eythian It'd be more along the lines of developer docs than end user stuff though
14:16 nengard well the end user sees the option to make the report public
14:16 nengard so they're gonna want to know what that is
14:16 nengard it's a careful balance :)
14:16 nengard that's why I want the tech info to scare away the non tech people :)
14:16 eythian ah right
14:16 * nengard has been doing this a long long time ? and gets lots and lots of email questions :)
14:17 eythian in that case, maybe something like: "A report can be made public if you intend to allow access to it through the JSON webservice interface. This is a system that can be used by developers to make custom presentations of the data from the report, for example displaying it using a graphing API"
14:18 eythian technically scary enough? :)
14:18 kf nice!
14:18 nengard yes!
14:18 nengard :) hehe
14:18 kf not for me -makes me want to play with it :)
14:18 eythian heh
14:18 nengard but I do think we want a wiki page too with scripts/ideas/example links
14:18 nengard so that we can all learn from each other
14:18 eythian I think it would be a very good idea to do that.
14:18 nengard kf cause you're techy :)
14:18 * kf puts that on the "when eythian is here to bug him with questions list"
14:19 eythian A lot of it could be done by embedding bits of javascript onto a page.
14:19 nengard an example of a new books list would be awesome
14:20 nengard so many people want that
14:20 nengard so if we can get that example on the wiki I'd be SUPER DUPER HAPPY :) hehe
14:20 kf eythian: I think rangi did something for the first version of the dashboard using html and jquery
14:20 nengard new books list with images would be even more awesome
14:20 kf I have to ask him for the link - maybe a good start for playing :)
14:21 eythian kf: yeah, I think that's what this reports thing is to enable in a more general fashion.
14:23 talljoy joined #koha
14:23 eythian <-- the new books/new serials thing here I'd love to replace with a report (although there are technical reasons why it might be tricky.)
14:24 eythian hmm also, the script we have now should probably be removing duplicates, apparently.
14:26 eythian[…]g.cgi?id=6566#c11 <-- paul_p, that's a cunning use of that script.
14:26 huginn Bug 6566: enhancement, P3, ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Master , Checking if DB records are properly indexed
14:29 paul_p eythian = not sure I understand you...
14:30 eythian paul_p: using it to find unindexable records is a great idea
14:31 paul_p FLOSS is usually user-need driven ;-) => I wrote the 1st version of this script because AixMarseille University complained that some/few records could not be found
14:32 paul_p iirc, that were 13 on 750k biblios !
14:32 kf lol
14:32 kf librarians do that
14:32 kf they find the 1 in a million that is wrong
14:32 kf :)
14:33 eythian heh
14:43 jcamins eythian: I'll do a new patch.
14:44 eythian ta
14:45 jcamins Found the problem.
14:45 jcamins Follow-up is uploaded. Give it a go.
14:45 jcamins At least, I think I found the problem.
14:46 jcamins The new patch applied for me, anyway.
14:49 brylie joined #koha
14:51 eythian jcamins: OK trying now
14:58 eythian jcamins: applied successfully
14:58 jcamins Yay!
15:05 jcamins paul_p: based on marcelr's response on bug 8206, do you think it would be warranted (and approved by you;) for me to switch the OPAC to use the same indexes as the staff client, even though traditionally the OPAC used different indexes?
15:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Failed QA , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
15:06 jcamins I thought if I changed all the indexes in the OPAC I'd get dinged by QA for having changed functionality...
15:06 kf does it work well currently?
15:07 jcamins kf: no, someone deleted all the code.
15:08 kf oh
15:08 jcamins kf: but according to comments, and git history, the OPAC is supposed to be using Match, etc.
15:08 kf so that sounds like a bugfix now
15:09 kf hm
15:09 kf we don't use different indexes for bibliographic search
15:09 kf so I am not sure there is a reason?
15:10 jcamins Maybe UNIMARC?
15:10 jcamins Speculating wildly...
15:13 paul_p jcamins /me afk for a meeting & probably today
15:13 jcamins paul_p: okay, just figured I'd ask.
15:13 jcamins No point in changing all the indexes to match what I think is the correct behavior in the staff client, then being told I need to change it all back. ;)
15:16 trea joined #koha
15:16 trea morning #koha
15:17 trea has anyone experienced a bug in 3.8.2 where suspended holds continue to be present in the holds queue?
15:26 tweetbot` Twitter: @Tredok: "Retour d'expérience de mises à jour "3.2 BibLibre" vers 3.8 #kohails"
15:26 kf trea-phone: there might be something in bugzilla
15:26 * eythian wonders if tweetbot` can handle
15:26 eythian tweetbot`: info
15:26 eythian tweetbot`: help
15:26 tweetbot` eythian: Ask me for help about: auth, twitterwatch (say 'help <modulename>').
15:27 eythian tweetbot`: help twitterwatch
15:27 tweetbot` eythian: No help for module 'TwitterWatch'. This is a bug.
15:27 jcamins Hehe.
15:28 kf mtj did talk to him this morning - maybe check the logs for some commands?
15:28 kf I think he configured it
15:30 trea thanks kf, i'm not finding anything at present, but i'll keep looking
15:48 reiveune1 bye
15:48 gaetan_B bye !
15:48 reiveune1 left #koha
15:51 drojf left #koha
15:53 laurence left #koha
15:59 melia joined #koha
16:06 kf left #koha
16:12 francharb joined #koha
16:17 eythian @later tell drojf oh, I figured how the graphics in my laptop work, they're based on the processor which is an i7-2670QM. This means the graphics chipset is "Intel® HD Graphics 3000"
16:17 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
16:33 khall joined #koha
16:47 JesseM joined #koha
16:52 mib_zvzx0h joined #koha
16:55 khall joined #koha
16:55 jcamins "signed it off"?
16:55 * jcamins sighs, resolves not to speak for the rest of the day.
16:56 mib_zvzx0h Hi!
16:56 eythian ?
16:56 drojf joined #koha
16:56 jcamins eythian: you can't infix the object of "sign off," can you?
16:56 eythian I don't see why not
16:57 mib_zvzx0h Is anyone here familiar with zebra and how it works. It logs an exception for me whenever I search and does not return any results?
16:57 mib_zvzx0h ..
16:57 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: you'll need to give more details.
16:57 jcamins eythian: good. It sounds very strange to me.
16:58 mib_zvzx0h ok
16:58 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: (and don't address yourself only to me, as I'll be away from the channel starting in about five minutes)
16:58 jcamins (anyone who can help, will do so)
16:58 mib_zvzx0h sorry i am new to irc
16:59 mib_zvzx0h so... the exception I get in the logs zebra-output.log is this: 20:03:05-10/07 zebrasrv(1) [warn] ir_session (exception)
16:59 mib_zvzx0h and i don't get any search result
16:59 eythian wahanui: detail is <reply>tell us things like: what Koha version, how did you install it, what Linux version are you using, exactly what error messages are you seeing, what do you do to make the problem happen. Things like that.
16:59 wahanui eythian: no idea
17:00 mib_zvzx0h ok
17:00 eythian wahanui: detail is <reply>tell us things like: \what Koha version, how did you install it, \what Linux version are \you using, exactly \what error messages are \you seeing, \what do you do to make the problem happen. Things like that.
17:00 wahanui ...but detail is fine...
17:00 jcamins detail?
17:00 wahanui i heard detail was fine
17:00 jcamins eythian: I don't think that worked.
17:00 eythian no wahanui, detail is <reply>tell us things like: \what Koha version, how did you install it, \what Linux version are \you using, exactly \what error messages are \you seeing, \what do you do to make the problem happen. Things like that.
17:00 wahanui okay, eythian.
17:00 jcamins detail?
17:00 wahanui tell us things like: what Koha version, how did you install it, what Linux version are you using, exactly what error messages are you seeing, what do you do to make the problem happen. Things like that.
17:00 jcamins :D
17:00 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: all those questions are good ones. :)
17:00 mib_zvzx0h I am using the latest package koha-common in Ubuntu 12.04... installed it using apt-get
17:01 mib_zvzx0h and configured it using the package tools
17:01 mib_zvzx0h also the instruction in README.debian
17:01 eythian I wouldn't mix those up.
17:02 eythian README.debian is (iirc) more geared towards doing a manual install rather than a package one.
17:02 mib_zvzx0h umm... i did mix them up a little by creating a database manually
17:02 mib_zvzx0h but then i cleaned that up
17:02 mib_zvzx0h and went through the better path of using the package tools
17:02 eythian OK cool
17:02 jcamins mib_zvzx0h++
17:02 mib_zvzx0h my koha installation is working fine now
17:02 mib_zvzx0h except the catalog search
17:03 eythian mib_zvzx0h: first thing, is zebra running?
17:03 mib_zvzx0h for opac, i had to remove the default site in apache listening on port 80
17:03 mib_zvzx0h yes
17:03 eythian do: sudo /etc/init.d/koha-common restart
17:03 eythian OK, try it anyway :)
17:03 mib_zvzx0h sbagaria@ubuntu:/var/log/koha/opera$ ps ax | grep zebra  7015 ?        S      0:00 daemon --name=opera-koha-zebra --errlog=/var/log/koha/opera/zebra-error.log --stdout=/var/log/koha/opera/zebra.log --output=/var/log/koha/opera/zebra-output.log --verbose=1 --respawn --delay=30 --user=opera-koha.opera-koha -- zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn -f /etc/koha/sites/opera
17:04 mib_zvzx0h sorry that did not paste well
17:04 mib_zvzx0h but essentially, i did restart the daemon
17:04 eythian then try: sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v -v --full opera
17:04 mib_zvzx0h manually as well as through the package tools
17:04 mib_zvzx0h i did that too
17:04 mib_zvzx0h the index gets rebuilt
17:04 eythian and does it seem to do everything correctly, no errors?
17:04 jcamins Humor us and repeat the process.
17:04 mib_zvzx0h gives one warning about local number mapping
17:05 jcamins Local number mapping?
17:05 jcamins Did you change any files?
17:05 mib_zvzx0h no
17:05 mib_zvzx0h this is the warning i get: 18:42:15-10/07 zebraidx(2666) [warn] Record didn't contain match fields in (bib1,Local-number)
17:05 jcamins How did the records get into your database?
17:05 mib_zvzx0h i imported from a marc database
17:06 mib_zvzx0h which i created with my own mapping
17:06 mib_zvzx0h from an excel file
17:06 mib_zvzx0h i checked the bib1.att file and the others and they seem to be fine
17:06 mib_zvzx0h it's possible some of the records could not have the right mappings...
17:07 eythian hmm. zebra is a bit temperamental, sometimes things that don't look too severe make it throw up its arms and quit.
17:07 eythian I can't remember if that's one of those things though
17:08 mib_zvzx0h in my zebra biblio folder, only the records folder has files in it. is this normal?
17:08 mib_zvzx0h sorry that was wrong
17:08 mib_zvzx0h the registers folder
17:09 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: yes, that's normal.
17:09 eythian yes
17:09 mib_zvzx0h ok
17:09 jcamins eythian: yeah, not having a Local-number means that Zebra can't find the record.
17:09 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: how did you import them?
17:09 mib_zvzx0h from an excel file using something called marcedit
17:09 jcamins Right, that's how you created the MARC file.
17:10 jcamins But they must have been imported into your database in some way?
17:10 mib_zvzx0h and then i staged from within koha admin panel
17:10 jcamins Hm.
17:10 mib_zvzx0h staged and then imported
17:10 mib_zvzx0h the import went fine
17:10 jcamins You could try reindexing with xml enabled, and see if it works.
17:10 mib_zvzx0h how do i do that?
17:10 jcamins eythian: do you remember?
17:10 jcamins koha-rebuild-zebra --full -x?
17:11 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: eythian will known. :)
17:11 mib_zvzx0h umm... i also chose unimarc as my marc flavour when setting up koha for the first time
17:11 eythian jcamins: I think xml is the default
17:11 eythian ooh
17:11 mib_zvzx0h will that mess up?
17:11 eythian do you want unimarc?
17:11 jcamins Wait, XML is the default.
17:11 mib_zvzx0h not really
17:11 eythian then you will have crazy problems
17:11 mib_zvzx0h i am new to all this
17:11 mib_zvzx0h yes, i guess
17:11 eythian well, you probably will, I've never used unimarc :)
17:12 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: did you convert the records into UNIMARC format?
17:12 eythian mib_zvzx0h: which part of the process did you say to use unimarc?
17:12 eythian because you need to tell koha-create AND the web installer
17:12 mib_zvzx0h none
17:12 mbalmer joined #koha
17:12 mib_zvzx0h the web installer
17:12 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: yeah, you have to tell both koha-create and the web installer, or Zebra won't work.
17:13 eythian right, so you have a marc21 zebra config with unimarc-ish data.
17:13 mib_zvzx0h hmm
17:13 eythian that will cause bad things.
17:13 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: where are you located?
17:13 mib_zvzx0h india
17:13 jcamins Why did you choose UNIMARC?
17:13 eythian then you want marc21 most likely.
17:13 * jcamins has never heard of an Indian library using UNIMARC.
17:13 mbalmer evening, marcs of the world ;)
17:13 cait joined #koha
17:14 mib_zvzx0h well, i did not know of the distinction
17:14 mib_zvzx0h so went ahead with it
17:14 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: ah. You'll want to repeat the process, this time choosing MARC21 at every point.
17:14 mib_zvzx0h i can start another site with marc21 and see if that works
17:14 eythian that is probably the best idea.
17:14 mib_zvzx0h cool!
17:14 mib_zvzx0h i will do that.
17:14 eythian you should also be able to koha-remove opera to delete your current one.
17:15 mib_zvzx0h ok
17:15 * cait waves
17:15 mib_zvzx0h will back up the database and then do that.
17:15 mbalmer I am slowly becomming _really_ familiar with debian packaging and repository setup.  spent the whole day almost with that ;)
17:16 mib_zvzx0h does zebra check for values in the marc text in the database or the koha database columns?
17:16 eythian mbalmer: It's quite involved, really.
17:16 mbalmer Koha stores about four copies of the MARC data, in different locations
17:16 eythian mib_zvzx0h: it depends. Mostly the marc in the database, but not always.
17:16 mbalmer eythian, once you get the concepts, it is a nice packaging system
17:16 eythian mbalmer: it is, yeah
17:17 jcamins Yup.
17:17 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: and for the future, make sure that you are creating MARC21 records instead of UNIMARC records (you probably did that anyway, but it's worth pointing out).
17:17 jcamins mib_zvzx0h: the MARC blob, mostly. But don't ever edit the database directly.
17:17 mib_zvzx0h ok thanks.
17:17 mib_zvzx0h this helps a lot... i now know what to do next..
17:17 mib_zvzx0h this was my first on an IRC channel
17:18 mib_zvzx0h it's so great that people help out like this...
17:19 eythian this is a pretty good channel for it.
17:19 eythian lots of people, mostly.
17:20 jcamins And most happy to help, provided you listen to instructions.
17:20 jcamins mbalmer: got your secure apt thingy set up?
17:20 * eythian finally has a "delete all tables" script to make moving between versions easier.
17:20 jcamins Delete all tables?
17:20 mib_zvzx0h i will listen.. i want this thing working.. thanks a lot for your help. :)
17:20 jcamins This seems... dangerous?
17:21 eythian jcamins: well, by default when you run it, it says: "This script will delete all your Koha tables. You can't run it without a certain command line option. But you'll have to look in the source to work that out, as you probably shouldn't be using this anyway."
17:21 jcamins Good call.
17:21 jcamins Why do you need it at all?
17:22 eythian it's because I had a dump I couldn't load due to problems with different versioned tables, and the 'drop' in the file not working due to constraints in newer versions.
17:22 eythian so this gives you a clean place to load a dump into.
17:22 mbalmer jcamins, yes, it works like a charm.
17:28 eythian <-- anyone heard of these folks?
17:29 jwagner eythian, they make phone notification software -- several of our libraries use it
17:30 eythian jwagner: ta, they just appeared on my radar and seemed to be NZ based but around fairly internationally.
17:30 jwagner yes, when we first started working with them, arranging phone calls for the tech team was a bit of a challenge :-)
17:33 eythian heh
17:33 libsysguy joined #koha
17:35 bag eythian: they are a pretty cool company
17:35 eythian bag: howso?
17:35 bag we've actually got some code out there that works with them and we're working on the phase two part of it
17:36 bag oh they take time to work on projects that aren't company related - like 10% giving back to local communities etc.
17:36 bag that's What I think makes them a cool company
17:36 cait :)
17:37 eythian bag: awesome
17:37 ago43 joined #koha
17:46 collum joined #koha
17:58 mbalmer joined #koha
18:03 oleonard khall: I find that errors are not being displayed properly with patron file uploads
18:06 eythian does 3.8.2 always say "Suggestions pending approval: 1"?
18:06 oleonard eythian: Looks like it. Mine says "1" when there are 0.
18:08 eythian[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8274 <-- this bug is it I think
18:08 huginn Bug 8274: major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , count of suggestions on main page wrong
18:08 eythian oleonard: turned out I did have a suggestion, but it wasn't for the library I had set
18:11 eythian If I mark it as something, it goes away.
18:11 trea-lunch left #koha
18:19 jcamins Wow.
18:19 jcamins We have three different ways of uploading files into Koha.
18:19 jcamins Or will, once the bug I just signed off on is pushed.
18:19 jcamins Well, different ways of storing those files.
18:26 eythian hrm
18:26 eythian that's not a good thing really
18:26 eythian we'd be better off centralising the file storage systems
18:27 cait jcamins_away:  :(
18:27 cait local cover images, patron images and pdf files for patrons?
18:29 eythian what's with the PDF files thing anyway? What if I want to have postscript files for patrons?
18:39 nengard does it really limit file types to pdf?
18:42 oleonard No
18:43 * oleonard uploaded a PDF and a Photoshop PSD file
18:51 cait hm so improperly named?
18:51 oleonard The bug is. The feature isn't I don't think.
18:56 cait it's nice to ave you back oleonard :)
18:56 oleonard Thanks :)
18:57 cait jcamins_away: would it be hard to make the report service work with runtime parameters?
18:58 francharb hi all
18:58 cait hi francharb :)
18:58 nengard hiya
18:58 francharb :)
18:58 francharb how are you all doing?
18:58 cait fine :)
18:58 francharb oleonard, how was your trip?
18:58 cait @wunder Konstanz
18:58 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 18.2°C (8:55 PM CEST on July 10, 2012). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Falling).
18:58 francharb cait, :)
18:58 oleonard It was great
18:59 cait :)
18:59 francharb where were you again?
18:59 oleonard Thailand
18:59 oleonard I recommend snorkeling in Phuket and shopping in Chiang Mai.
18:59 oleonard Bangkok I would skip next time. Too big.
19:01 francharb "next time"?
19:01 francharb you've been there before?
19:01 francharb you"re already planning to go back?
19:01 oleonard I speak of a hypothetical future trip :)
19:02 francharb :)
19:02 francharb oleonard, if everything goes well, I'm going to Viet Nam in september... Not that far  ;)
19:03 oleonard francharb: As a tourist?
19:03 francharb yep
19:03 francharb vacatiooooonnnnnn
19:03 oleonard Fun
19:03 meilibrary joined #koha
19:03 francharb apparently, It's going to be rainy
19:03 francharb :)
19:04 francharb that's the less I can say, rainy...
19:04 oleonard I was told the same would be true of Thailand during my trip, but it only rained once.
19:04 francharb I saw picture where streets are totally flooded by a 5 min rain or something like that
19:04 francharb \0/
19:04 cait hm
19:04 cait fun?
19:04 francharb oleonard, lucky you
19:05 meilibrary friends, we have koha 2.2.5 and we finally got a new server and have to upgrade to a newer version.  how difficult will it be to migrate our data? the current data consists of the most basic biblio records possible, no patron stuff, no circ, only about 15,000 bibliographic records.  advice?
19:05 francharb Hopefully, I will be lucky too!
19:05 cait hm, maybe exporting and importing into a new database?
19:05 francharb cait++
19:05 francharb I would say the same
19:06 cait meilibrary: updating form 2.2.5 has some quirks I think, once you are on 3.x it will be easier
19:06 cait so I was thinking if you have no other data, exporting as marc21 might be easiest
19:06 cait and importing those into a new installation
19:06 meilibrary can it be done in a single migration or will it be a nightmare like 2.2 to 3.0, then 3.0 to current version.  hmm marc21 might be one path
19:07 cait if you export your data
19:07 cait you would install a current version on your new server and just import them
19:07 cait you woul dhave to redo the configuration settings, like item types and branches
19:07 cait I have never done it, so maybe some others can tell you more
19:09 meilibrary no branches, this is a 2-person special library in DC. maybe marc21 export is logical in this case.  this place was a complete mess when we arrived.
19:09 cait meilibrary: that's ok, but you have one branchcode for your main library and some other values you would have to reconfiugre in hte new installation before importing the data
19:09 cait but it should not be too hard
19:11 meilibrary this is really encouraging!  thanks very much..hopefully we'll have a new version up and running in the next few weeks
19:11 cait please come back or use the mailing lists
19:11 cait as i said - I don't know 2.2.5 but others here do
19:12 meilibrary much more in the future but this is a great group for us. thanks everyone.
19:12 cait hmmmm
19:12 cait hope that made sense
19:18 cait oleonard: can bug 5778 be closed now
19:18 cait ?
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5778 normal, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Modify DHTMLcalendar function to work with jQueryUI datepicker
19:19 oleonard Yes, and done
19:19 cait cool :)
19:19 cait so resolved fixed?
19:19 * oleonard had no memory of it
19:19 oleonard Invalid, because I don't think I ended up needing that particular code change after all?
19:19 cait ah, now you wre faster :)
19:20 cait was searching your notes on how to replace one with the other
19:20 cait rebasing a patch with yui calendar pickers
19:22 cait foun dit
19:30 NCARMichael joined #koha
19:35 talljoy1 joined #koha
19:39 rangi jcamins_away: installed test::strict
19:39 cait morning rangi
19:39 rangi now the tests are just failing for invalida templates, and perlcritic, ie valid errors
19:39 maximep joined #koha
19:39 rangi hiya cait
19:40 rangi so back to 4 fails, from 7
19:40 cait getting better
19:40 rangi xt_author_valid_templates_t./home/jenki​ns/jobs/Koha_master/workspace/koha-tmpl​/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/ (224)
19:40 rangi is broken
19:40 rangi xt_tt_valid_t.TT syntax: not using TT directive within HTML tag (231)
19:41 rangi that might be the same error
19:41 talljoy2 joined #koha
19:42 libsysguy joined #koha
19:50 jcamins cait: not that hard.
19:50 jcamins rangi: thanks.
19:52 rangi looks like someone has mucked up the if else
19:52 cait hm there was a bug about that today
19:52 cait I am not totally persuaded it will not break translations...
19:52 rangi its not that cait
19:52 cait ah?
19:52 wahanui i heard ah was ?
19:52 rangi it totally busts the template
19:53 rangi not ok 672 - /home/chrisc/git/catalyst-koha/koha-tmpl​/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/
19:53 rangi #   Failed test '/home/chrisc/git/catalyst-koha/koha-tmpl​/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/'
19:53 rangi #   at xt/author/valid-templates.t line 62.
19:53 rangi # file error - parse error - /home/chrisc/git/catalyst-koha/koha-tmpl​/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules/ line 214: unexpected token (ELSE)
19:53 rangi #   [% ELSE %]
19:53 cait oh ok
19:53 rangi so thats a fatal error
19:53 rangi im gonna bisect to find it
19:53 rangi then the other error is just translation related
19:54 rangi #   Failed test 'TT syntax: not using TT directive within HTML tag'
19:54 rangi #   at xt/tt_valid.t line 55.
19:54 rangi # Files list:
19:54 rangi # intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/adm​in/searchengine/solr/ 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 141, 144
19:54 rangi that one is easier to fix
19:54 rangi maybe im the only person who gets annoyed by jenkins emailing them
19:54 rangi i should make it more obnoxious
19:54 jcamins cait: rangi I get annoyed.
19:54 jcamins Sorry, I meant that to rangi.
19:55 jcamins cait: about runtime parameters for the report service.
19:55 cait you are getting annoyed about the runtime parameters? ;)
19:55 jcamins cait: no, annoyed about jenkins.
19:56 cait oh poor jenkins!
19:58 rangi man i love git bisect
19:58 cait yeah it's super cool
19:59 jcamins git bisect is pretty awesome.
20:02 kathryn joined #koha
20:02 rangi found it
20:02 rangi bug 4460
20:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4460 normal, P3, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Amazon's AssociateID tag not used in links so referred revenue lost
20:03 nengard left #koha
20:08 * rangi gets a little ranty on bug 4460
20:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4460 blocker, P3, ---, kyle, ASSIGNED , Amazon's AssociateID tag not used in links so referred revenue lost
20:08 cait I guess cookies won't help?
20:09 jcamins They'd help me.
20:10 * cait sends jcamins cookies
20:12 kathryn good morning :)
20:13 cait good morning kathryn
20:13 cait :)
20:13 jcamins Morning.
20:13 wahanui morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
20:14 kathryn cait and jcamins I see you are on the your usual mission of making Koha better, one cookie at a time :)
20:14 jcamins kathryn: the only way to do it. :)
20:14 jcamins Well, fudge works, too.
20:14 kathryn :D
20:14 rangi we need more recipes on that bug
20:14 cait jcamins: kathryn refused my baileys fudge yesterday morning...
20:14 jcamins !!
20:14 kathryn it was too early!
20:14 jcamins I wouldn't!
20:15 jcamins In fact, I might have to make some, now that it has been suggested.
20:15 jcamins Also cookies.
20:15 cait it's sitll a bit too soft... I froze it for cutting
20:15 jcamins cait: that's one of the reasons I individually wrap.
20:15 cait kathryn: there is no too early for fudge!
20:15 kathryn on yum cait, frozen appeals
20:15 kathryn rangi what bug?
20:15 jcamins @query cookie
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1627 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Separate sessions for OPAC and intranet
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3427 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Overriding hold results in "specific item" hold reverting to "any item" hold
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3460 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Hold options inconsistent for "Damaged" items
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3248 normal, P3, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , CIRC Sys Preference - FinesMode  "test" incorrect
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2172 enhancement, P4, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Cart attaches an iso2709 file, which confuses 99% of patrons.
20:15 jcamins @query cookies
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1627 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Separate sessions for OPAC and intranet
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8198 normal, P5 - low, ---, christophe.croullebois, NEW , Need to track the call to "C4::Context->userenv->{'xxxx'} without check if it is undefined
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5158 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, camins, ASSIGNED , Koha needs its own cookie, ice cream, and fudge flavors
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8155 critical, P5 - low, ---, mjr, ASSIGNED , Comply with UK Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
20:15 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Make table collapsing on sticky
20:16 jcamins Bug 5158
20:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5158 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, camins, ASSIGNED , Koha needs its own cookie, ice cream, and fudge flavors
20:16 rangi yeah that one
20:16 wahanui somebody said yeah that one was populated
20:17 jcamins @query chocolate
20:17 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5158 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, camins, ASSIGNED , Koha needs its own cookie, ice cream, and fudge flavors
20:17 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , late order management
20:17 jcamins Hehe.
20:17 kathryn aha!
20:17 cait @query fudge
20:17 huginn cait: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5158 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, camins, ASSIGNED , Koha needs its own cookie, ice cream, and fudge flavors
20:17 cait there :)
20:18 cait much easier
20:18 cait guess icecream would work too
20:18 * cait searches for that one a lot
20:21 kathryn fire alaaarm,,,
20:21 rangi i hate those
20:21 rangi paul_p++ # good blog post
20:25 talljoy joined #koha
20:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #90 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:47 nengard joined #koha
20:48 nengard i have a jquery question if anyone can help me ? what do I do to change the word Collection on the opac detail page holdings table?
20:48 nengard it's id is:  item_ccode
20:48 nengard but I can't seem to write the jquery right
20:50 jcamins $('#item_ccode')
20:52 nengard and then what?
20:52 nengard what's the part i use to change the text :)
20:52 nengard .text("text")
20:52 nengard ?
20:53 nengard yup that's all it took :)
20:53 nengard was making it harder than it needed to be
20:56 nengard jcamins how about on the staff client ? there is no ID on the heading but there on the table 'holdings'
20:56 jcamins nengard: that's a lot harder, unfortunately.
20:56 jcamins There should be a sample on the wiki.
20:57 nengard i'm looking but not seeing anything that would be similar
20:57 nengard ooo
20:57 nengard figured it out
20:57 nengard $("#holdings th:contains('Collection')").text("TEXT")
20:57 jcamins Yup.
20:57 nengard can you see any problem with that?
20:57 nengard since it's the th it shouldn't catch words in the table below
20:58 nengard so I think it's safe
20:59 jcamins Yeah, that should be fine.
20:59 nengard woo hoo :)
20:59 nengard thanks
21:07 francharb nengard, do you use the firebug addon on firefox?
21:07 francharb because, you can right click on any element of your page
21:08 francharb select (I think) "examine element" (not sure of the translation, I have it in french)
21:08 francharb then you will have the html path, at the bottom of your screen
21:08 francharb for this specific element
21:09 francharb It found it quite useful to write jqueries
21:09 nengard nengard, do you use the firebug addon on firefox?
21:09 nengard yes I have it
21:09 nengard oops
21:09 nengard yes I have it - I used it to get the IDs but didn't know the jquery part
21:09 nengard i dont' know jquery
21:10 nengard i was just copying other people's stuff and editing it :) hehe
21:10 rangi ok thats 3.8.x caught up to date
21:11 francharb nengard, because, sometimes my problem is to find that "#holdings th"
21:11 francharb when I find that, I just check on the wiki page to get the other parts
21:12 francharb I mix up everything
21:12 francharb prey a little bit
21:12 francharb and usually it works ;)
21:13 rangi prey or pray :) both might work :)
21:14 rangi although as a vegetarian prey might not be so good for you francharb  :)
21:14 francharb ahah
21:15 francharb the funny thing is that I knew something was wrong when I was writing it
21:15 francharb ;)
21:15 rangi hehe
21:16 rangi nowadays, you can just blame typos on autocorrect, that's what I do
21:16 nengard :)
21:17 francharb rangi++
21:17 francharb :)
21:17 francharb rangi, the best is when I'm texting in english from a "french phone"
21:18 rangi ahh i can imagine
21:18 rangi trying to write maori on an english phone is hard too
21:18 francharb :)
21:20 nengard my super secret plan is done!! bug 8412
21:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8412 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Needs Signoff , add color icon set
21:22 francharb nengard, I like that!
21:22 nengard :)
21:22 nengard I thought of it this morning when I couldn't sleep
21:22 tweetbot` Twitter: @nengard: "my super secret plan to make searching by cover color possible in #kohails is done! now it just needs a sign off"
21:23 rangi searching by cover colour is a sweet idea
21:23 francharb nengard++
21:23 rangi i like that book by stephen king, the black one
21:23 francharb they all have black covers...
21:23 francharb ;)
21:24 rangi heh
21:24 rangi i havent read one in 15 years, but i bet you are right
21:25 francharb :)
21:26 francharb I can't remenber when is the last time I read one...
21:26 drojf rangi: the speedy checkin/checkout benchmarks were not due to a lack of patrons but due to spaces in barcodes not handled by the test. it breaks the get request. it's easy to fix, but i wonder if i will be told that my barcodes with spaces have the bug and not the script because that is probably kind of unexpected?
21:26 francharb It may be a few years ago
21:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #90: SUCCESS in 51 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/90/
21:26 jenkins_koha jcamins: Bug 8384: Some Perl scripts do not compile
21:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8384 major, P1 - high, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , Some Perl scripts do not compile
21:26 francharb wooo
21:26 jenkins_koha Starting build #91 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:26 francharb 23:25 is kind of late
21:26 francharb drojf, barcode with spaces?
21:27 rangi hmm spaces in barcodes are ok, probably the test needs to be fixed
21:27 francharb \0/
21:27 francharb " spaces in barcodes are ok"
21:27 drojf francharb: we dont have barcodes yet, so we use the call numbers also for barcodes and will change to real barcodes after the migration
21:27 francharb I need to tweet taht
21:27 francharb and go to sleep
21:27 rangi well not really, but we shouldnt explode
21:28 francharb true
21:28 francharb drojf, ah ok! makes more sense
21:28 francharb ;)
21:29 nengard okay time to make bengard dinner
21:29 nengard talk to you all tomorrow
21:30 rangi you should have tm'd it francharb :)
21:30 rangi ok time to go do something with the kids
21:30 rangi 3 more days of school holidays left
21:31 drojf have fun :)
21:31 francharb good night all
21:31 drojf good night francharb
21:31 francharb and keep it fun!
21:31 francharb :)
21:43 edveal left #koha
21:44 tweetbot` Twitter: @saschel: "Superduper RT @nengard: my super secret plan to make searching by cover color possible in #kohails is [almost] done!"
21:45 jcamins It is done.
21:47 * jcamins goes to pick up vegetables.
22:10 drojf i'm sorry but that kohacon vote is only a joke now. seariously usa, redo all your votes to chose reno now? what happened to all the first votes for the other two us bids? you made that all wrong by accident? sure.
22:10 drojf seriously even
22:11 eythian joined #koha
22:11 drojf eerie, 31 votes
22:11 drojf i am very sure that was a lot more
22:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #91: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/91/
22:29 jenkins_koha * mtompset: Bug 8356 - and have cataloging typo Changed urls from cataloging to cataloguing
22:29 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7143 : Adding Stacey Walker to the history
22:29 jenkins_koha * 5p4m: Bug 7143 – Bug for tracking changes to the about page
22:29 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8383: Add test to check that Perl scripts compile
22:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8356 major, P4, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Stable , and have cataloging typo
22:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
22:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8383 normal, P1 - high, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , Need test to check that Perl files will compile
22:29 * libsysguy voted for DC
22:30 libsysguy but i did what nengard said not to do in her follow up email
22:30 libsysguy so nigeria got some points off me
22:30 libsysguy only 1 mind you
22:34 drojf follow up?
22:41 libsysguy where she explained how voting worked
22:41 libsysguy you know…if you are like me and didn't read the directions about points
22:42 tweetbot` Twitter: @27point7: "@nengard woah! I thought it was a joke, but i see it is serious... Great idea! #secretplan #kohails"
22:42 rangi jcamins++ #test is catching valid bugs in 3.8.x
22:52 Irma joined #koha
22:54 drojf alright, after getting some numbers i take that back about eerie having more votes before, that was apparently only in my head
22:58 maximep left #koha
23:08 drojf @later tell eythian nice! i found that chip said to be working before. turns out my "gma" 4500 mhd is something completely different and apparently not working.
23:08 huginn drojf: The operation succeeded.
23:14 papa joined #koha
23:35 JesseM left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary