IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 mtompset That relates to another bug of mine.
00:00 mtompset bug 8192
00:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8192 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Update libraries and Missing library in install_misc/ubuntu.packages
00:02 papa joined #koha
00:03 mtompset Cache/Memcached/ missing
00:03 jcamins Hrm.
00:03 jcamins There's a patch for that, I think.
00:03 jcamins sudo apt-get install libcache-memcached-perl
00:04 mtompset yep.
00:04 mtompset doing that.
00:04 mtompset i hate man-db triggers. They are so slow!
00:07 dcook joined #koha
00:07 dcook Allo allo
00:07 jcamins o/
00:08 mtompset Greetings from yesterday. ;)
00:08 dcook Hi mtompset!
00:08 jcamins mtompset: isn't it tomorrow there, too.
00:08 dcook Quick question...has anyone else been unable to alter marc bibliographic frameworks in 3.8?
00:08 mtompset I define a day by sleeping at night. ;)
00:08 mtompset No sleep, no next day. :)
00:08 jcamins dcook: never tried it.
00:09 mtompset Sorry. Neither have I.
00:10 jcamins And I'm on 3.6 at the moment.
00:10 mtompset Technically it is already tomorrow now, but since I haven't sleep, I'm still in yesterday.
00:10 mtompset 3.6.3 here.
00:10 dcook Dinger. Thanks anyways
00:11 dcook Where are you mtompset?
00:11 mtompset I'm in the Philippines.
00:11 mtompset Yourself?
00:11 dcook Australia, so I'm in the future as well
00:11 mtompset Yes, but you probably slept, so I am experiencing localized time dilation. ;)
00:11 * dcook chuckles
00:12 dcook I had my supper around midnight, so it worked out in the end
00:13 mtompset See, you experienced some time dilation too, just not as drastic as I.
00:13 mtompset I'll be experiencing an extremely rapid progression into today in the next couple of hours. :)
00:14 dcook Did you get that problem resolved last night at least?
00:15 mtompset Most of it, I think so.
00:15 mtompset
00:15 mtompset There were some uninitialized value warnings in the tests.
00:16 Waylon joined #koha
00:16 mtompset
00:16 Waylon hiya all.
00:17 mtompset
00:17 mtompset Greetings again, Waylon.
00:17 Waylon Okay, boss has wrote as a task: upgrade to koha 3.8 and adapt. WooT!
00:17 Waylon So, now i need to look at koha 3.8's code. get to know it.
00:17 mtompset NICE!
00:18 dcook What the...
00:18 wahanui the is a stop word
00:18 dcook Hi Waylon. I'm doing the same thing ;)
00:18 dcook Welcome to hell...
00:18 dcook Actually, it's not that bad.
00:18 Waylon dcook, your upgrading from koha 3.0.0pre2?
00:19 jcamins dcook: you're still better off than you would have been if you were trying to stick with the hacked up version.
00:19 dcook Mmm 3.0 and 3.2
00:19 mtompset C4::Ris::intype
00:19 dcook hacked up version?
00:19 dcook As in our hacked up version?
00:19 jcamins mtompset: you can ignore the warnings about uninitialized variables.
00:20 jcamins dcook: well, I don't know if you have a hacked up version, but that's what Waylon's been battling.
00:20 Waylon yup
00:20 Waylon you probably have a straightforward upgrade to look forward to, dcook
00:21 mtompset C4::Search::PazPar2
00:21 dcook Not in the slightest, lol
00:21 jcamins mtompset: the warnings are nothing to worry about.
00:21 dcook We made about 300-400 changes to the code
00:21 Waylon ahhh
00:21 mtompset Are you sure?
00:21 dcook Fortunately, we're not going to try cutting all of them across, but it's still a bit of a headache
00:21 jcamins mtompset: yes.
00:21 Waylon git commited them?
00:21 dcook Sadly not
00:21 dcook Definitely the policy going forward though
00:22 dcook There just wasn't the time or staff before
00:22 Waylon well... did you import cherrypicked koha patches?
00:22 * jcamins still doesn't understand that reasoning.
00:23 mtompset do I need to sudo make install or will make install be fine for a dev install?
00:24 dcook Waylon: I'm still not very familiar with how to fully use git. I haven't cherrypicked but I'm not sure about anyone else
00:24 jcamins mtompset: just make install, I think.
00:24 jcamins git?
00:24 wahanui hmmm... git is[…]Control_Using_Git
00:24 jcamins dcook: read that.
00:25 jcamins Every single thing I've read about git is linked to on that page, and I've been told that I'm now one of the "git experts" on #koha.
00:25 dcook Intriguing
00:25 dcook I have read it before, but I still find that I don't understand the conceptual structure of git
00:25 Waylon hmm.. well. then, you could possibly figure out what version of koha you have, and git commit everything youve changed in one blob... then upgrade via git? jcamins ?
00:26 jcamins Waylon: no.
00:26 Waylon I can't do that  because of the forementioned cherrypicking.
00:26 jcamins Waylon: well, sort of.
00:26 * Waylon nods.
00:26 dcook We are coming off of 3.0 and 3.2, so all the template changes are virtually useless. Plus, there are a lot of hacky changes that we don't really want to bring forward anyway
00:26 jcamins You *could*, but it wouldn't be worth it.
00:26 * dcook is scowling at the Marc Bibliographic Framework in 3.8
00:27 jcamins ... and the upgrade past 3.4 is going to be painful.
00:27 jcamins dcook: I'm testing that now.
00:27 dcook Sweet. Thanks, jcamins.
00:27 jcamins What am I trying to do?
00:27 Waylon whats wrong with the marc framework, dcook?
00:27 dcook Change the subfield structure of any framework
00:27 wahanui dcook: that doesn't look right
00:27 wahanui joined #koha
00:28 dcook I change the mandatory flag and the hidden status, but I see no changes when I edit or make a new record
00:28 dcook The changes are written to the database, but Koha doesn't seem to pick it up...
00:28 jcamins dcook: it's working properly.
00:29 jcamins You should shut down memcached on your development machine.
00:29 jcamins sudo service memcached stop
00:29 dcook I was thinking that it might be a memcached issue :/
00:30 dcook While stopping it might solve the problem now, wouldn't this still be an issue going forward?
00:31 jcamins If you change your frameworks often, yes.
00:31 jcamins However, if you do that, you're doing something wrong.
00:31 dcook Makes sense
00:31 dcook Yet...
00:31 dcook I just wanted to make the 863 appear in my Serial framework
00:32 jcamins So, restart memcached.
00:32 dcook If I can't make one change one time, that seems to be a fairly big impairment
00:32 dcook All right. I'll give it a whirl.
00:32 jcamins dcook: you can, there's just a lag.
00:34 mtompset How much RAM is in your koha installations, folks?
00:34 mtompset I was telling my supervisor that 512MB is too small, and he wanted to know what size people were generally using.
00:34 melia left #koha
00:35 mtompset Does the Koha documentation suggest a minimum?
00:35 jcamins mtompset: it doesn't suggest a minimum, but I use 1GB.
00:35 jcamins Well, actually, I use a good deal more than 1GB.
00:36 jcamins But I'd consider that the minimum for a production server.
00:36 mtompset OK VM is rebooted and ready to make install.
00:36 mtompset I figure mysqldump size * 2 round up should be minimum.
00:37 jcamins mtompset: I'm not sure that will work for either large databases or small databases.
00:37 dcook Good call, jcamins. Do you know what kind of lagtime we're talking about?
00:37 jcamins dcook: 10 minutes.
00:38 dcook Ahh. That's considerably better than what I imagined.
00:43 dcook Wonderful. Thanks again, jcamins, for helping me out on that one.
00:46 jcamins dcook: you're welcome.
00:47 mtompset jcamins++
00:50 mtompset dcook? How much ram is on your koha server?
00:50 mtompset It seems that the make install worked.
00:50 dcook Good question, mtompset. I don't handle any of the server administration, so I'm not sure.
00:51 mtompset if you have a command prompt.
00:51 mtompset free -m
00:51 mtompset for debian and ubuntu at least.
00:54 dcook Hmmm
00:55 dcook It says 12GB for total Mem
00:57 dcook It's a pretty active server, mtompset. over 11GB of that seems to be in use
01:00 mtompset Thanks for the feedback.
01:01 dcook No worries
01:04 dcook Have a good one
01:09 jcamins Hm.
01:09 jcamins I need updated caching code.
01:10 dcook Sorry?
01:11 jcamins dcook: oh, I'm cherry-picking caching code back onto my 3.6.x-based branch, and I'd really like better caching for sysprefs.
01:15 dcook Ahh. Alas, I'm no help there, jcamins. I have been pondering about sysprefs quite a bit lately though. I find it odd that they seem to be passed in different ways sometimes.
01:15 Waylon wow.. how many records do you do, on your koha server, dcook?
01:15 dcook Also a good question
01:16 dcook That server runs multiple instances, but I would estimate around a million
01:17 dcook Total
01:18 dcook Actually, I'm probably off on that, Waylon. I have no idea.
01:32 mtj hi all - does this work for anyone, on firefox  ?->[…]ts/widget_profile
01:33 mtj i get a 'o.styleSheet is undefined' error, on FF :/
01:33 jcamins I have no idea what it is doing.
01:34 jcamins But it seems to work fine.
01:34 mtj do you successfully get a 'twitter' window, on that page?
01:34 mtj right side of screen
01:34 jcamins Yes I do.
01:34 mtj ok :) wot verzion of FF?
01:35 jcamins Latest.
01:35 jcamins It just updated itself.
01:35 mtj (i'm on 13.0.1, osx)
01:35 mtj i guess you are too :)
01:36 jcamins I do have noscript installed.
01:36 jcamins I temporarily enabled the scripts.
01:37 mtj meh, thats my error -> :/
01:38 jcamins Wait, I just released 3.6.6.
01:38 jcamins Time to merge that in.
01:39 Waylon ohkay, as a developer of 3.0.. what do i need to know about 3.8's coding style/conventions
01:39 Waylon ?
01:39 Waylon like.. 3.8 uses TT?
01:39 jcamins coding guidelines?
01:39 wahanui coding guidelines are[…]Coding_Guidelines
01:39 jcamins ^^ :D
01:40 jcamins No real point in testing, if I'm merging in 3.6.6.
01:42 dcook I really wish I would've looked at those guidelines sooner.
01:42 jcamins dcook: uh-oh. hadn't seen 'em before?
01:43 dcook Nope. I just used other people's patches as a guideline
01:43 dcook I've adopted most of these conventions as a result, but it's good to see them explicit liike this, jcamins
01:43 jcamins Ah.
01:43 jcamins We have a syntax error in master, don't we?
01:43 dcook ?
01:44 jcamins misc/cronjobs/
01:44 jcamins Try running perl -c misc/cronjobs/ for me?
01:45 mtj woo! , created a new FF profile, twitter widget works now?!
01:48 dcook jcamins, it looks like 3.8 has rather than That said, what am I looking for?
01:49 dcook syntax error at misc/cronjobs/ line 168, near "$agent;" syntax error at misc/cronjobs/ line 170, near ")"
01:50 dcook Semi-colon rather than a comma?
01:50 jcamins dcook: yes, that's what I was wondering about.
01:50 jcamins Thanks.
01:50 * jcamins grumbles about broken master.
01:51 dcook In this instance, what's the best way to proceed? Wait for a patch?
01:51 dcook Or make one, but I admit that I'm a bit focused..
01:52 jcamins dcook: fix it. I actually don't need the script, I just was doing some release maintaining.
01:53 jcamins I'll post a fix in a bit.
01:54 jcamins Maybe.
01:54 jcamins Clearly no one has used that script in two months.
01:54 dcook Good call
01:55 jcamins Possibly more... I didn't actually look to see when it was pushed.
01:56 dcook Since you're a git guru, could you tell me a bit more about how the fix should be handled?
01:57 jcamins Easy peasy.
01:57 jcamins First, you report a bug.
01:57 dcook I don't think that I've changed my 3.8 git since my install...should I rebase and then commit this change
01:57 * jcamins will do it while explaining.
01:57 * dcook cheers
01:57 jcamins You're developing on 3.8?
01:57 jcamins Don't ever do that.
01:57 jcamins *Ever*.
01:57 jcamins Develop on master.
01:57 dcook I'm not sure that I follow
01:57 jcamins Only.
01:57 jcamins Current development is done on the master branch.
01:58 jcamins The 3.8 branch is a "stable" branch which contains only those fixes that rangi considers safe.
01:58 dcook Mmm, I follow you now
01:58 jcamins If you develop on 3.8, you'll still have to rebase and try to integrate your work into master, or you'll be little better off than you are now.
01:58 jcamins So, here's how we rescue this:
01:58 dcook I call it my 3.8 git, but I develop from the master
01:58 jcamins Oh, okay then.
01:58 jcamins Nothing to worry about.
01:59 jcamins However, it's always a good idea to rebase against latest master when developing.
01:59 * dcook has a background in English literature and Library Studies. He's only been coding since last October.
01:59 jcamins So you do your work, commit it, and then, instead of doing git pull, you do git fetch && git rebase origin/master
01:59 jcamins oleonard has a nice blog post on this...
02:00 dcook git fetch and rebase after the commit?
02:00 jcamins dcook:
02:00 jcamins Waylon:
02:00 jcamins dcook: right.
02:00 jcamins dcook: you should have one branch for each feature you are working on.
02:00 jcamins If that is not the way you have it set up, it is time to change your setup to match that.
02:03 jcamins Okay, returning to that bug:
02:03 jcamins Step 1: I file a bug.
02:03 jcamins Bug 8333
02:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8333 major, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Syntax error in misc/
02:03 jcamins Step 2: create a branch for my development.
02:03 jcamins > git checkout -b bug_8333 kc/master
02:04 jcamins Hm. Fix is in master, not 3.6.
02:05 jcamins If it weren't in master, I would make the change, commit the result, then attach the patch to the bug.
02:06 * dcook listens
02:06 jcamins And that's it. :)
02:06 dcook So when did you fetch and rebase there?
02:06 dcook According to Owen's blog, it looks like he does it before and after doing a change
02:06 jcamins Right.
02:07 jcamins I keep master up-to-date pretty much all the time.
02:08 dcook So, git fetch downloads all of the changes
02:08 jcamins Right.
02:08 dcook rebase then merges the downloads into the master branch?
02:08 jcamins Then git checkout -b bug_whatever origin/master gets the latest version.
02:10 * dcook ponders
02:10 jcamins rebase is to combine the current changes in master into your current branch, and then put your changes at the end.
02:12 * jcamins calls it a night.
02:12 dcook Thanks for all the help, jcasmins
02:33 ago43 joined #koha
02:48 Waylon if i have changes that im not going to commit back to the community, but i use myself, what do i do?
02:49 Waylon same pattern of branch and rebase or is one branch okay in that situation?
02:56 dcook I admit that I've been pondering the same thing.
02:56 dcook Actually, if you're not going to commit them, why change your git at all?
02:57 dcook This coming from a git newb, of course
03:02 libsysguy joined #koha
03:04 Waylon so you can easily rebase, dcook?
03:05 Waylon and know what you've done.
03:05 Waylon other developers come along, can do stuff.
03:09 libsysguy left #koha
03:38 dcook Makes sense. I'm not familiar enough with git to know how to track things.
03:39 dcook Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to re-submit a patch for 7839...
03:39 dcook I've made the changes that Paul suggested, re-added the and files, but when I create a patch, none of my changes are evidenced :/
03:46 dcook Tried git reset HEAD^1 and git reset HEAD^1 That seems to work. I suppose I'll see how it goes...
03:49 cjh if you have local changes in git you can 'git stash' to store them away and take the files back to the branch version
03:49 cjh then git pull
03:49 cjh and then 'git stash pop' to apply your changes over the top again
03:50 cjh having them in another branch or a patch could also be useful if things get messy
03:52 dcook :S
03:52 cjh can also use 'git stash apply' to keep the changes in the stash and just appy them, quite a neat tool
03:53 dcook I didn't really follow any of that. I had made my original changes in a branch
03:54 dcook So I went back to that branch, rebased, fixed the code, unstaged the changed files, re-staged them, and ran the commit command
03:54 cjh git stash is for saving and restoring unstaged (and uncommited) changes.
03:55 dcook Wouldn't those unstaged/uncommitted changes just stay in that separate branch?
03:56 cjh you cant switch branches when you have unstaged/uncommited changes
03:56 dcook Mmmm, I see I see
03:57 dcook So the idea is that you're working on one branch and you're done of the moment, so git stash, so that you can move to a different branch and work on another project?
03:58 cjh yes :)
03:58 dcook Nice!
03:58 cjh and the stash is shared across branches, so you can 'bring them with you'
03:58 dcook Could you tell me more about how git commit works?
03:58 dcook Ahh, that could also be handy
03:58 cjh what in particular would you like to know?
03:58 dcook I staged my files and committed them. Does that mean that they're just committed to my git repository?
03:59 cjh yes, git can do almost everything locally
03:59 dcook And that the way to update the official Koha git is to e-mail/post that patch file
03:59 cjh pull, push and fetch are teh commands that do things with the remote server.
03:59 cjh checkout, add, commit and most other commands are local only (and you then use push to share them with the server)
04:00 cjh dcook: yes, when using git with koha you cant push
04:00 dcook Perfect :)
04:00 cjh so you add, commit and then make a patch
04:00 cjh usually uploaded to
04:00 dcook Thanks for the information :)
04:01 dcook That really helps put things more in perspective
04:01 cjh dcook: if you are working with the koha git it is set up so that you cant do any damage so dont worry :)
04:01 dcook I'm just a bit of a control freak, so I want to know which data exists in which place :)
04:02 cjh I know what you mean :)
04:02 cjh the idea of accidentally sharing some half finished work is scary :)
04:02 dcook Very true
04:02 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
04:02 cjh heh
04:02 * dcook chuckles
04:02 Waylon just siege testing my live server.... zebra isn't showing above 40% io usage.
04:02 dcook The past few days are the first time that I've used IRC in over 10 years..
04:03 Waylon yet there is still timeouts
04:03 Waylon so yea.. the timeouts have nothing to do with zebra i think.
04:03 Waylon its just koha being slow.
04:04 Waylon interesting.. zebra is using alot of cpu.
04:08 Oak joined #koha
04:13 dcook Now that I think about would you have multiple commits on one branch?
04:28 mtj Waylon:  your system does seem a little slow
04:29 mtj have you thought about getting a newer ver. of zebra?
04:29 Waylon whats latest?
04:29 wahanui well, latest is 3.6.4
04:29 Waylon ...
04:29 mtj pass?
04:29 Waylon zebra?
04:29 wahanui i think zebra is a fielded free text indexing and retrieval engine with a Z39.50 front-end. You can use any compatible, commercial, or freeware Z39.50 client to access data stored in Zebra. or the search engine koha uses
04:30 mtj wat u got?
04:30 mtj ason@xen1:~/g/soba1$ dpkg -l|grep zeb
04:30 mtj ii  idzebra-2.0                                2.0.50-1indexdata
04:30 Waylon 2.0.52 is latest
04:30 Waylon i have 2.0.43
04:31 mtj ok, not tooo old...
04:32 mtj ive never seen a slow koha box , where zebra has been the problem
04:33 mtj you have some mods to your zebra config, for arabic too, yeah?
04:33 Waylon icu.xml mods i think
04:34 mtj see, if you want a real sanity test....
04:34 mtj dump your bib+items out as marc, and load them into a shiny new 3.8
04:35 mtj then siege-test both, compare the results
04:35 Waylon oh also.. how does plack starman do virtuhosts?
04:36 mtj then show the performance increase to your boss, as a justification to upgrade
04:36 mtj it doesnt
04:36 Waylon hmm
04:36 mtj afaik, thats a job for apache
04:37 Waylon right. so still need apache in my case.
04:37 mtj or nginx , or whatever httpd you put in-front of it
04:38 Waylon plack only works via its own tcp port? or can apache and plack comm over unix socket?
04:38 Waylon or whatever?
04:38 wahanui rumour has it whatever is most appropriate for the situation
04:38 mtj yeah, probably
04:38 Waylon which?
04:38 wahanui which is most stable version
04:40 mtj ... have a guess which part of the statement i was referring too ;)
04:40 cjh dcook_away: multiples commits on one branch are possible, if you type git log it will show you all the commits of your current branch.
04:42 mtj Waylon: ive only used plack with apache, and via tcp
04:42 Waylon ahh
04:42 Waylon Plack::App::Apache::ActionWrapper - Wrapper for Apache2 Action directive for running PSGI apps on shared hosting with FastCGI
04:42 mtj yep, there you go...
04:42 Waylon so.. whats FastCGI?
04:43 Waylon nevermind.
04:43 Waylon Plack::Handler::Apache2 - Apache 2.0 handlers to run PSGI application
04:43 Waylon ah.. for mod_perl
04:43 Waylon koha 3.8 is mod perl safe?
04:44 mtj almost - the opac code looks to be safe - staff has some small bugs to be sorted
04:45 mtj gotta scoot now...
04:45 Waylon ahh..
04:46 Waylon FastCgiExternalServer /virtual/filename/fcgi -socket /path/to/my/socket and plackup -s FCGI --listen /path/to/my/socket --nproc 10 /path/to/my/script.psgi
04:46 mtj dpavlin's lib is running staff and opac with plack, on prod
04:48 Waylon hmmm
04:48 Waylon interesting.
04:48 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
04:48 cait joined #koha
05:03 cait hi #koha
05:05 Oak hello cait !
05:05 sandeepbhavsar joined #koha
05:06 sandeepbhavsar hi all
05:06 sandeepbhavsar Good Morning
05:06 cait hi Oak :)
05:06 Oak :)
05:06 cait good morning sandeepbhavsar
05:06 sandeepbhavsar I have just gone through the past messages of "MARC Import problem"
05:07 sandeepbhavsar and found that 20MB is the maximum limit to import data through web interface
05:07 sandeepbhavsar is it true
05:07 sandeepbhavsar because mine file size is 21MB
05:07 sandeepbhavsar and struggling to import the data from last 2 days
05:08 sandeepbhavsar please help
05:11 cait you can use command line jobs or maybe split your file up into smaller files
05:12 sandeepbhavsar can you guide about how can i use commandline step by step
05:23 Oak joined #koha
05:29 mtompset joined #koha
05:29 mtompset Greetings, #koha
05:30 mtompset Hey, Oak, you there?
05:30 Oak yup
05:30 Oak greetings mtompset
05:30 mtompset How much memory do you have on your koha server?
05:31 Oak 2GB :-|
05:31 mtompset how much memory is free?
05:31 mtompset "free -m" should help answer that. :)
05:32 Oak oho, i don't have Linux installed on my new laptop now... I use SSH to connect to my server. I'm downloading Debian right now...
05:33 mtompset Just SSH over, and type 'free -m'
05:33 mtompset It will show total, used, free memory in megabytes.
05:33 mtompset If you have windows, why not use putty?
05:34 mtompset[…]tty/download.html
05:34 Oak oh well, i'll install firessh now and let you knoe
05:34 Oak okay i'll use putty
05:36 Oak mtompset: total: 1961, used: 664, free: 1297
05:41 mtompset Thanks...
05:42 mtompset Out of curiosity... Does your koha server run anything other than koha?
05:42 mtompset And how many items does your DB have?
05:47 mtompset Have fun with the Debian install, Oak.
05:48 Oak mtompset: the DB has around 520 items
05:48 Oak and the system runs nothing except Koha...
05:48 Oak and a mail server
05:48 wahanui i think a mail server is back !
05:48 Oak mtompset: i'll be back after breakfast... sorry was away
05:49 Oak i mean did not see your messages... was afk
05:52 mtompset Not a problem. Enjoy breakfast. :)
06:12 laurence joined #koha
06:23 alex_a joined #koha
06:24 alex_a bonjour
06:39 druthb joined #koha
06:39 mtompset Salut?
06:39 cait hi alex_a :)
06:40 mtompset hi, cait.
06:40 alex_a bonjour cait !
06:40 alex_a :)
06:43 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:45 cait hi reiveune :)
06:45 cait and brb
06:45 cait left #koha
06:52 BobB joined #koha
06:55 papa joined #koha
06:55 francharb joined #koha
06:57 gaetan_B joined #koha
06:57 francharb hi
06:58 druthb joined #koha
07:01 mib_r71m4s joined #koha
07:01 gaetan_B hello
07:02 mtompset AH! There's a GOTO in
07:03 mtompset I mean
07:03 mtompset Still waking up. :)
07:04 dcook_away Did you actually sleep, mtompset?
07:13 mtompset Yes.
07:13 mtompset 3 hours.
07:13 dcook I wish that I had your stamina ;)
07:14 mtompset Mountain Dew and Tea help. :)
07:16 mtompset
07:16 mtompset The code that is ticking me off.
07:17 dcook Your library has a lot of lost items?
07:17 mtompset Who in their right mind does so may conditions in one line of code?
07:17 mtompset We marked them lost, but the probably haven't been inventoried yet.
07:17 mtompset We're in the early stages of doing thing.
07:17 mtompset things.
07:17 dcook Ahhh, I gotcha
07:17 mtompset Some of this data came from Athena.
07:18 * mtompset cringes.
07:18 mtompset Some of it came from a custom Access DB.
07:18 * mtompset cringes even more.
07:18 dcook O_O
07:20 paul_p joined #koha
07:32 ropuch Morning #koha
07:35 mtompset Greetings, ropuch.
07:41 mtompset Is items.itype supposed to be the same set of values as biblioitems.itemtype?
07:41 sophie_m joined #koha
07:41 druthb joined #koha
07:41 ropuch Going for some "3-days-no-sleep-still-coding" badge? ;-)
07:41 kf joined #koha
07:41 kf hi #koha
07:41 ropuch Guten Tag, kf [;
07:41 dcook Have a good day, everyone! I'm off to enjoy my Friday night :)
07:42 kf hi ropuch :)
07:49 sophie_m hi #koha
07:49 kf hi sophie_m :)
07:49 rangi hi all
07:49 kf hi rangi
07:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:50 druthb Hi rangi!
07:50 kf rangi: ignore her, she should sleep
07:50 rangi @later tell slef I have a static copy of the site somewhere but I have no intention of putting it back up anywhere, do you want the wget of it?
07:50 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
07:50 druthb Harrrumph!
07:51 druthb rangi, kf is bein' mean to me!
07:52 rangi hehe isnt it the middle of the night?
07:52 kf no... it's almost morning again
07:52 * kf glares at druthb
07:52 druthb 03:00, almost
07:53 * druthb is just not sleepy
07:55 * druthb 's bed is also being occupied.  Two furry cat-beings, both purring like cement mixers
08:06 paul_p good morning #koha
08:07 kf hi paul_p :)
08:22 hdl joined #koha
08:22 kf hi matts and hdl
08:23 hdl hi
08:24 matts hi there !
08:26 kf perl days starting today? :)
08:27 eythian joined #koha
08:27 hdl kf: yep
08:29 kf have fun :)
08:32 mtompset Greetings everyone. :)
08:35 mtompset What do you folks know about 942$c and 952$y subfields?
08:35 kf what do you want to know?
08:35 mtompset are they generally identical?
08:36 kf no
08:36 kf there is a system preference
08:36 kf item_level-itypes or similar
08:36 kf that lets you choose if you want to use itypes on record or item level
08:36 kf so when you set it to record, you don't have 952$y
08:36 mtompset So when one is set, the other isn't?
08:36 kf if you use item level itypes the relevance of 942 is not so high
08:37 kf but it is still used to suggest an itype in your item creation form for example
08:37 kf and maybe in some other places
08:37 kf I normally set it to the most used itype by defalt - but other people might do it differently
08:37 mtompset Because NULL is causing me a headache.
08:38 mtompset It's flooding my error log. :(
08:38 mtompset And I'm only a lowly programmer, not a librarian.
08:39 kf you can file a bug - but the logs in general have errors and warns
08:39 kf it will not the last thing you walk into
08:39 kf and whie it would be good to have them cleaned up, it's curerntly not the case
08:39 mtompset Hey... I want to wake up in the morning tail the error log and see nothing.
08:39 kf what you can do for this specific thing is make your catalogers catalog it, use a default value in your frmeworks to always set it...
08:40 kf then you will have to spent time on fixing things - I did some patches for that, but it's not high priority for developers right now
08:40 mtompset
08:41 mtompset This is the piece of headache.
08:41 kf where is this from?
08:42 mtompset opac-detail.
08:42 kf hm interesting
08:42 wahanui hmmm... interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
08:42 kf I am suspicous of this part
08:42 kf && ($itm->{'itemnotforloan'}<0 || not $itm->{'itemnotforloan'} )
08:42 kf && (not $itemtypes->{$itm->{'itype'}}->{notforloan} )
08:42 kf to be worng
08:42 kf because I think it should probably be dependent on former mentioned system preference
08:43 mtompset $itm->{'itype'} is NULL.
08:43 mtompset system preference? What tab is it?
08:43 kf ah no
08:44 kf it's probably correct, it checks the item field and the itype...
08:44 kf never mind
08:44 kf you could fix the warn but I think generally it's good to set 942
08:44 kf so settng it would fix your problem and possibly some others too
08:45 mtompset biblioitems.itemtype
08:45 kf yes
08:45 kf if you change it using sql
08:45 mtompset right... have some of those NULL too. :)
08:45 kf you will have to reindex
08:45 kf completely
08:46 mtompset not a problem, jcamins helped me fix the indexing problem last night. :)
08:46 * mtompset curses permissions.
08:49 drojf1 good day #koha
08:50 drojf heh mtompset still around?
08:50 * magnuse waves
08:50 drojf hei magnuse
08:50 magnuse guten tag drojf
08:50 magnuse @wunder boo
08:50 drojf :)
08:50 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 11.0°C (10:20 AM CEST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Falling).
08:50 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
08:50 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Pankow, Weissensee, Germany is 29.3°C (10:49 AM CEST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
08:50 drojf summerday
08:51 kf hi drojf and magnuse
08:51 drojf hi kf
08:51 eythian joined #koha
08:51 kf morning eythian
08:51 magnuse kia ora kf and eythian
08:52 BobB joined #koha
08:52 eythian hello all
08:52 lamiette morena
08:53 rangi hi lamiette and eythian
08:54 kf hi lamiette :)
08:54 mtompset yes.
08:54 mtompset But I got 3 hours sleep, thank you.
08:55 drojf aaah, good, healthy night sleep :D
08:55 lamiette hi all
08:55 drojf i know :D
08:56 mtompset kf, was just explaining the differences between itype and itemtype. :)
09:03 mtompset does it make sense that itype is filled in more than itemtype?
09:05 laurence1 joined #koha
09:05 mtompset I guess so when item-level_itypes is 'specific item', correct?
09:09 mtompset 26?! When did that kernel version come out?
09:09 mtompset I believe is the full.
09:11 kf the last number references to database updates
09:12 mtompset So, if itype is set, kf,should itemtype be NULL or the same?
09:12 kf it can be the same or it can be something else
09:13 kf it should preferably not be NULL if you want to avoid the error logs filling up
09:13 mtompset the values you would expect in itype and itemtype come from the itemtypes table, correct?
09:16 mtompset I think the "Sponsor KohaCon12" needs to be updated now on the webpage. :)
09:17 rangi dude get some sleep, you are all over the place
09:17 mtompset Actually, "Sponsor KohaCon12" is just a few inches to the right, so it isn't all over the place.
09:19 mtompset I'll go to bed early tonight. :)
09:19 drojf i guess it includes the thing that my browser is blocking so i would not mind that to go away :)
09:20 kf we can ask liz to remove it nwo that kohacon is over
09:22 kf @later tell wizzyrea can you please remove the donation button for kohacon12 from the kc start page when you have time? thank you!
09:22 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
09:22 drojf kf++
09:23 mtompset yes.
09:23 mtompset kf++
09:30 * mtompset waits for his "source db_backup.sql" to finish.
09:31 slef morning
09:31 drojf hi slef
09:31 mtompset Morning, slef.
09:32 mtompset Greetings, matts.
09:37 slef :( about kohacon10 website being down for good
09:40 mtompset It's not down for good, if you've cached it in your heart. :)
09:41 magnuse lol
09:43 drojf heh
09:48 * mtompset thinks "In The Shadows" by The Rasmus makes good "waiting for my db import" music.
09:51 eythian it's not even in the wayback machine :/
09:52 mtompset Probably cause there was a "Robots don't touch this" type file.
09:59 rangi[…]
10:03 mtompset rangi++
10:05 jcamins Morning.
10:05 wahanui morning is probably a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
10:05 magnuse kia ora jcamins
10:06 mtompset Greetings, kcamins.
10:06 mtompset jcamins.
10:06 wahanui jcamins is, like, A-Grade developper on Koha willing to rewrite it from top to bottom. Good Luck jcamins
10:12 * Waylon is djing guys, on if you guys want to listen in.
10:12 Waylon The voice of startrek online.
10:12 Waylon Chill music, 115 - 90 bpm.
10:14 mtompset What's that, Waylon?
10:14 mtompset Ah...
10:14 jcamins rangi: there is a problem with misc/cronjobs/ in both 3.8 and 3.6.
10:14 mtompset Checking it out...
10:19 eythian hello jcamins
10:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #769 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #767 3 days 17 hr ago)
10:21 sophie_m joined #koha
10:21 jcamins eythian: do you have libtest-unaccent-perl on the 3.8 apt repo?
10:21 eythian it's in debian I think
10:21 jcamins You're right.
10:21 jcamins That's not the package I meant to ask about.
10:21 jcamins I meant...
10:22 jcamins Template::Plugin::HtmlToText.
10:22 drojf template-plugin-htmltotext
10:22 drojf heh
10:22 drojf hi jcamins
10:22 jcamins At least one of us is awake right now. ;)
10:22 mtompset Template:: Plugin::HtmlToText (without the space)
10:24 eythian squeeze|main|i386: libtemplate-plugin-htmltotext-perl 0.03-1koha1
10:24 eythian yes
10:24 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8315 - fix 'C4::Output 3.02' errors in Koha <[…]37363707423c6c110> / 7161 Followup for indentation openlibrary.js <[…]75b70834b5b7327ba> / Bug-7161 Open Library - Larger image, Read, borrow and checked-out status <
10:24 jcamins Nifty, thanks. :)
10:26 mtompset Just finished the 3.6.3 db import.
10:26 mtompset Now to web install. :)
10:29 jcamins mtompset: you just have to run updatedatabase.
10:29 jcamins You won't be going through the entire webinstaller.
10:31 Waylon you liking, mtompset ?
10:33 drojf in an array of hashes, is there some fancy way to compare all values for a certain key of a hash for all elements of the array? like, there is the same $myhash{mykey}=myvalue in each element of the array and i would want to check if myvalue is the same for all entries. or do i have to walk though that using foreach? does that question make sense at all?
10:34 jcamins first question?
10:34 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
10:35 mtompset just run updatedatabase?
10:36 drojf i want to check if the type of element is the same for all given 856 fields in a record. like, are they all "video" or "audio".
10:36 jcamins mtompset: when you try to log in to the staff client, it will do that for you.
10:36 jcamins Ah.
10:37 jcamins You could do something fancy with map, but I would just iterate through.
10:37 drojf :)
10:37 mtompset Need to finish the cron job setup, etc.
10:37 drojf ok
10:37 mtompset Then I'll try a staffclient.
10:47 * mtompset checking environment variables.
10:52 * mtompset is tweaking apache configuration files.
10:53 jcamins mtompset: wouldn't it be better to make sure everything is working before doing too much tweaking?
10:54 drojf nah he can just install all from scratch if something goes wrong ;)
10:56 mtompset tweaking to get graphic browser access as compare to lynx.
10:57 jcamins mtompset: okay, that makes sense.
10:57 mtompset we have web installer page. YAY!
10:58 mtompset The git I cloned was 3.9?
10:58 mtompset clicking update your database.
10:59 mtompset It correctly identified 3.6.3 :)
10:59 eythian the current version is just a special syspref field
11:00 mtompset Ah, okay.
11:00 * mtompset likes the blinky lights. :)
11:01 * mtompset wishes it would run faster.
11:01 mtompset I am going to have a patch posted before I go to bed tonight. :)
11:03 mtompset Wow... 56MB free? I made my VM have 768MB... I guess I really should have told it 1GB.
11:04 kf 1 gb is a bit small
11:04 drojf just start over
11:04 drojf :P
11:04 kf well. it's too small really if you want to load test data
11:04 mtompset I already loaded data.
11:05 mtompset I suppose I'll be able to find the optimal size for this data set tonight with this VM.
11:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #75 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
11:08 mtompset Why is the git at 3.9, but the latest stable release is 3.8.2?
11:08 drojf because git is newer than the stable release i suppose?
11:09 rangi cos you didnt check out the 3.8.x branch
11:10 eythian yeah, if it wasn't you'd never have a stable release
11:10 mtompset git?
11:10 wahanui git is[…]Control_Using_Git
11:10 mtompset I was just following the instructions there.
11:10 mtompset "git clone git:// kohaclone"
11:10 mtompset "git clone git: // kohaclone"
11:10 kf mtompset: if your goal was to do a dev install to make patches with, you are on the right branch
11:11 mtompset okay.
11:11 kf if you want a installation to use in production, you want to checkout the branch with the stable release
11:11 mtompset Just want to make sure.
11:11 mtompset what is the git clone for 3.8.X?
11:13 jcamins mtompset: you would do: git checkout -b 3.8.x origin/3.8.x
11:13 jcamins However, don't do that.
11:13 mtompset Shoot... Gateway Timeout on the DB update.
11:14 mtompset is still running.
11:14 mtompset Okay... so, I'll wait for the to finish.
11:14 mtompset Then try going back to the staff client.
11:16 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
11:16 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #769: FIXED in 56 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/769/
11:16 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8288 - should not include full
11:16 jenkins_koha * matthias.meusburger: Bug 8279: CAS Debugging improvements
11:16 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8205: Add OPACShowUnusedAuthorities syspref
11:16 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 8205 follow-up DBRev number
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8288 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , should not include full
11:16 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6939 DefaultClassificationSource should be default in 942
11:16 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8130 - attach PDF files to a patron record
11:16 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 8130 follow-up DBRev number
11:16 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8319: Update headings on Patron Statistics tab
11:16 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 8313 - add ASHS to 'Koha team' page, for sponsorship of the 'star-ratings' feature
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8279 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , CAS Debugging improvements
11:16 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 8321: Fix OPACShowBarcode description
11:16 jenkins_koha * amit.gupta: Bug-7161 Open Library - Larger image, Read, borrow and checked-out status
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Should be possible to hide unused authorities in OPAC
11:16 jenkins_koha * 7161 Followup for indentation openlibrary.js
11:16 jenkins_koha * mtj: Bug 8315 - fix 'C4::Output 3.02' errors in Koha
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6939 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , DefaultClassificationSource not used in 942$2
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8130 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , attach PDF files to a patron record
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8319 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , headings on statistics tab are confusing
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8313 trivial, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Stable , add ASHS to 'Koha team' page, for sponsorship of the 'star-ratings' feature
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , fix OPACShowBarcode description
11:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8315 major, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , fix 'C4::Output 3.02' errors in Koha
11:17 kf build fixed - nice
11:17 magnuse \o/
11:25 mtompset okay... my web installer steps failed, but the db got updated.
11:25 mtompset Is there anything past step 3?
11:26 jcamins Nope.
11:26 jcamins That's it.
11:26 mtompset Okay... I seem to be in...
11:26 jcamins Now you log into the staff client.
11:27 mtompset Okay... I guess that means I can attempt a patch now?
11:29 mtompset pulled up my bugs list.
11:31 kf there are instructionson the wiki
11:31 mtompset I figured I should do a 'git pull' first.
11:31 kf remember to never make changes on your master branch, create a new branch
11:32 kf yes, paul pushed new things today
11:32 mtompset Trying to see what the Version Control Using Git page says...
11:33 jcamins mtompset:
11:35 jwagner joined #koha
11:35 mtompset So you branch for each bug fix?
11:36 jcamins Yes.
11:37 jcamins I have 146 branches in my development repo.
11:37 jcamins Probably due for some cleaning.
11:37 jcamins I deleted 70 a few months ago.
11:37 mtompset Okay... makes sense... but how do you switch the main branch?
11:37 jcamins git checkout -b whatever origin/master
11:37 mtompset Because obviously you'll want to keep doing git pulls.
11:37 jcamins That creates a branch called whatever.
11:38 jcamins Then you download the latest version of the code with git fetch origin
11:38 jcamins And when you want to make sure that the code you're working on applies on latest master, you do git rebase origin/master
11:38 mtompset so once you create a branch you git rebase?
11:39 jcamins No, when you create a branch it has the newest version of code.
11:39 jcamins It's *later* when master has been updated further that you need to do the git fetch origin && git rebase origin/master
11:40 nengard joined #koha
11:40 mtompset okay... so let's say I got this running yesterday.
11:40 jcamins You know how using IE used to really suck?
11:40 jcamins It still does.
11:40 mtompset there's stuff being git pulled down now.
11:40 mtompset If I did a patch yesterbase....
11:40 mtompset yesterday...
11:40 jcamins I think you're using the wrong terminology.
11:41 jcamins A "pull" is what you, as someone developing against master does.
11:41 mtompset yes.
11:41 jcamins What paul_p does as release manager is "push."
11:41 jcamins So let's say you started development yesterday.
11:41 mtompset I don't care about pushing.
11:41 jcamins Right.
11:41 mtompset I'm worried about pulling right now
11:42 mtompset I have kohaclone
11:42 jcamins Since then, paul_p pushed some changes.
11:42 mtompset I branch.
11:42 jcamins You want to update your code.
11:42 mtompset paul pushs.
11:42 mtompset I branch again.
11:42 jcamins No.
11:42 jcamins No additional branching.
11:42 mtompset Yes... a branch for each bug fix.
11:42 jcamins Oh, I thought we were talking about one bug fix.
11:43 mtompset no...
11:43 jcamins That is correct. One branch for each fix.
11:43 mtompset last year kohaclone
11:43 mtompset yesterday git pull
11:43 mtompset branch bug A
11:43 mtompset generate patch blah blah
11:43 mtompset branch bug B today.
11:44 mtompset rebase branch B?
11:44 jcamins Before you create the branch for bug B, you should do "git fetch origin."
11:44 jcamins Then it will be up-to-date as soon as you check it out.
11:44 mtompset but what does that mean for branch A?
11:44 mtompset what happens to the patch I just did?
11:44 jcamins Branch A is now a little behind the times.
11:45 jcamins When you go back to working on bug A, you're going to do "git rebase origin/master"
11:45 jcamins This will update branch A to the latest master, and try to stick your patch on at the end of it.
11:45 jcamins If there is a conflict, it will tell you and you'll be given the opportunity to fix it.
11:47 mtompset Ah so rebasing is an attempt make current but keep your patch.
11:48 jcamins Right.
11:48 mtompset but only in that branch.
11:49 jcamins Right.
11:49 mtompset how do you switch branches?
11:49 jcamins git checkout branchname
11:51 mtompset what if the branchname doesn't exist?
11:52 mtompset Typos happen.
11:52 eythian try it and find out :)
11:52 kf you can see your branches with git branch
11:52 kf and tab complete works too
11:53 eythian also, it'll say that it can't do that
11:53 mtompset git branch -r lists a WHOLE bunch of branchs.
11:53 eythian that's because there's a lot
11:53 mtompset So, I've done my git pull.
11:53 mtompset My kohaclone is current.
11:53 mtompset git pull would blow away my patches in a branch, right?
11:54 jcamins No.
11:54 eythian nope
11:54 eythian git tries hard to never lose your work
11:54 eythian in this case, it'll merge it in
11:54 jcamins It takes real work to remove patches.
11:54 jcamins Oh, drat.
11:54 * jcamins finds a syntax error in his Javascript.
11:55 jcamins kf: bug 2060 will be ready for sign off in a few minutes...
11:55 kf will you be around tomorrow?
11:57 jcamins Chances are good.
11:57 jcamins It's an easy sign off, though.
11:58 jcamins Ugh.
11:58 jcamins Apparently the rebase resulted in the manage staged records not showing up right, either.
11:59 mtompset dumb question... which file do I fix? ./blib/INTRANET_CGI_DIR/members/ ./members/
11:59 jcamins members/
11:59 jcamins blib was created by make.
11:59 mtompset right.
11:59 mtompset Okay.
12:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #75: SUCCESS in 56 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/75/
12:01 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8288 - should not include full
12:01 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6939 DefaultClassificationSource should be default in 942
12:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #76 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
12:04 mtompset That was a surprise... I forgot about doing a git pull while using the staff client... I was transported to a DB update screen.
12:05 jcamins Right, it will automatically detect when your database is out of date.
12:11 mtompset Okay... confirmed the bug is still in latest version.
12:11 mtompset Now to save my tiny change.
12:12 mtompset Okay... I have fixed the file... next step... let's see...
12:13 eythian git add <file>, git commit
12:13 eythian[…]_bz_configuration <-- I also strongly recommend setting this up
12:15 mtompset AAAAA! Nano editor. I don't know how to use it.
12:17 jcamins mtompset: you can change your editor with export EDITOR=vim
12:18 jcamins Or, you know, that other one.
12:18 mtompset That one shall not be named! GAH!
12:18 hdl joined #koha
12:20 eythian mtompset: nano tells you how to use it
12:21 eythian the key list is at the bottom of the screen
12:21 mtompset I don't like it. I know vi well enough.
12:21 eythian despite that, my commits on new machines always end up with ZZ at the bottom.
12:21 mtompset Some of my config files are being listed as changed.
12:21 mtompset How do I get git to ignore them?
12:22 jcamins mtompset: none of the config files you are using should be controlled by git.
12:22 paul_p mtompset = create .gitignore file
12:22 jcamins No, don't do that.
12:22 eythian no bad
12:22 eythian bad paul_p, bad :)
12:22 mtompset but I don't want ../etc/... included.
12:22 jcamins paul_p: mtompset just started using git, and didn't know not to edit those config files.
12:23 paul_p eythian ? why ?
12:23 paul_p jcamins ah, OK
12:23 jcamins paul_p: the files he edited are the ones in kohaclone/etc
12:23 jcamins mtompset: the configuration files used by your installation are the ones in koha-dev/etc
12:23 eythian also, if you make a .gitignore, it ends up getting committed
12:23 * jcamins didn't know that.
12:23 jcamins However, the wrong files were edited.
12:24 paul_p eythian ??? I have a .gitignore to itnore *.*~ or things like that in the list of untracked files
12:24 jcamins mtompset: see what changes you made with "git diff"
12:24 paul_p (and I told .gitignore to ignore .gitignore ;-) )
12:24 eythian ahh
12:24 eythian that'll work then :)
12:24 magnuse there also .git/info/exclude...
12:25 eythian I think there's a "proper" way of doing it
12:25 eythian yes, that's the way
12:25 mtompset
12:25 mtompset That's a sample difference.
12:25 * paul_p is on bug 6557 and will probably push it soon...
12:25 jcamins paul_p++
12:25 eythian mtompset: don't commit that
12:25 mtompset duh! I know that.
12:26 eythian :)
12:26 jcamins mtompset: what did you do?
12:26 mtompset Nothing.
12:26 jcamins I mean, I don't see how you could end up with files that looked like that.
12:26 mtompset I did an INSTALL.
12:26 jcamins Did you copy files from koha-dev to kohaclone?
12:26 mtompset the perl script relabels.
12:26 jcamins Not in place.
12:26 eythian I suspect you didn't provide another directory for put the config files into, or something
12:26 eythian *to put
12:26 jcamins eythian: but it's installed to koha-dev by default...
12:27 mtompset obviously not.
12:27 mtompset I did a git clone.
12:27 mtompset and then perl make, make, make test, make install inside the kohaclone.
12:27 jcamins mtompset: no, really, when you ran the installer it suggested koha-dev as the default.
12:27 kf paul_p: did the same with my gitignore heh
12:27 mtompset the web installer?!
12:28 mtompset It jumped immediately to step 3.
12:28 eythian no, the make
12:28 * paul_p also impatient to see bug 7167 pushed, because he's tired of editing updatedatabase everytime there is a DB update...
12:28 jcamins No, with make.
12:28 jcamins paul_p: hehe. Me too.
12:28 mtompset okay...
12:28 mtompset Let's clean this up.
12:28 paul_p jcamins = if you could take a few minuts to signoff again the 7167, that would be nice (because jonathan updated it to fix QA comments)
12:28 mtompset How do I delete a branch, and just git pull?
12:29 mtompset I'll do the reinstall over.
12:29 * magnuse uses .git/info/exclude by default, except for things like config files in new projects
12:29 jcamins paul_p: I can't do it right now, since I have to leave in five minutes, but I will as soon as I can, if no one beats me.
12:29 eythian mtompset: you probably don't need to delete a branch
12:30 mtompset I'd feel more comfortable doing that.
12:30 eythian and I'm not sure what "just git pull" means.
12:30 mtompset My change is very trivial.
12:30 mtompset make it like a fresh git clone.
12:30 eythian git branch -D branchname will delete a branch
12:30 mtompset git rebase?
12:31 eythian git rebase will not delete a branch
12:31 kf you can also do git reset --hard HEAD^ that will undo the last commit
12:31 kf and throw away your changes
12:32 jcamins In this case, you just need git reset --hard
12:32 jcamins That will remove all the changes you haven't committed.
12:32 eythian the branch, however, will still be there and so it won't be like a fresh git clone.
12:33 eythian (it'll just point to a previous place.
12:33 eythian )
12:33 mtompset I deleted the branch.
12:33 mtompset I only have master.
12:34 mtompset So...
12:34 mtompset git checkout master
12:34 mtompset git branch -D bug_7630
12:34 mtompset git reset --hard
12:34 eythian you don't need to reset
12:34 eythian (assuming you haven't changed master)
12:35 mtompset I did the install process in master.
12:35 mtompset that's the problem.
12:35 eythian that doesn't matter
12:35 jcamins eythian: no, the git reset --hard is necessary because the configuration was installed to kohaclone rather than koha-dev.
12:35 eythian ohh
12:35 mtompset right.
12:35 eythian yeah, my bad
12:35 jcamins I think.
12:35 eythian doing two things at once.
12:35 * jcamins too.
12:36 mtompset so it should say something like koha-dev in the perl Makefile.PL step?
12:36 jcamins And, I need to be leaving right now.
12:36 jcamins mtompset: right.
12:36 mtompset there it is.
12:37 kf mtompset: it will suggest paths, just ok them
12:38 eythian but read them first so you know what you're looking at :)
12:38 kf right :)
12:38 mtompset I think I changed the dev not understanding why it was what it was.
12:38 kf reading first is always a good plan
12:41 mtompset I was so close to my first patch!
12:42 kf you still are
12:43 kf and when you have done it once, second time will be a lot easier
12:43 mtompset Not with the speed of my VM. :)
12:52 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #76: SUCCESS in 50 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/76/
12:52 jenkins_koha mtj: Bug 8313 - add ASHS to 'Koha team' page, for sponsorship of the 'star-ratings' feature
12:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8313 trivial, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Stable , add ASHS to 'Koha team' page, for sponsorship of the 'star-ratings' feature
12:52 mtompset at the make test stage. (running it just for proper processing)
12:57 tcohen joined #koha
13:03 mtompset hopefully this is the correct make install.
13:13 mtompset Now to correct the softlinks.
13:18 drojf is there a way to sort the sysprefs for my patch other than the default (alphabetically)? looks kind of stupid to have the syspref to turn the thing on in between other parameters instead of on top of all
13:18 kf drojf: first question?
13:18 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
13:19 kf are you creating more than one syspref that belong together?
13:19 drojf well, what i said basically. i have syspref a, b and c
13:19 drojf yes
13:19 kf hm
13:19 drojf but b is the one to turn all on
13:19 kf maybe: name them so they sort correctly or introduce a new subheading in the yaml file
13:20 kf hm but that won't fix the sorting
13:20 kf I thought they sorted like listed in the file, but I never checked it
13:20 drojf no they dont :( i thought so too
13:20 drojf renaming the sysprefs means changing the db also :(
13:23 kf hm what are the names of your prefs?
13:26 kf oh
13:26 kf you could perhaps group them
13:27 kf drojf: let me try and find an example?
13:28 kf drojf: look at the syntax for AltenrateHoldingsField maybe?
13:28 kf and if you have a separate syspref to turn it on and others, maybe leaving some empty might work to turn off?
13:29 kf z3950NormalizeAuthor is another example
13:30 * mtompset cries, "Why?! Oh why?!"
13:30 mtompset Something somewhere still thinks it isn't kohaclone.
13:31 kf ?
13:31 kf if you could give more informatoin
13:31 kf we could try to help you
13:31 kf and there are files outside of kohaclone
13:31 mtompset did the perl makefile, make, make test, make install.
13:31 mtompset there are koha-dev files.
13:31 kf yes
13:31 drojf kf: thanks, the grouping should do
13:32 kf you shoudl end up with 2 directories
13:32 mtompset BUT... something is still pointing to kohaclone.
13:32 kf 1 lives under git, the other does not
13:32 kf can you specify something?
13:33 mtompset I can't get to the staff client, because has the _DB_HOST_ stuff.
13:34 mtompset I restarted apache... works now.
13:34 * mtompset sighs a big sigh of relief.
13:35 mtompset AH! ... let me check... I probably missed a softlink.
13:36 mtompset nope... just failed to restart to point it to the right place.
13:36 mtompset git diff shows nothing.
13:36 kf that's good
13:36 mtompset YES!
13:36 kf it should work
13:36 kf using the files from the koha-dev directory
13:37 kf ok, time to start the weekend :) bye all!
13:37 kf left #koha
13:37 mtompset Enjoy your weekend... I just want to get a patch.
13:39 mtompset Okay... confirmed error.
13:39 mtompset patron search..
13:42 maximep joined #koha
13:43 mtompset oh shoot!
13:43 mtompset I forgot to create the branch.
13:46 mtompset whew! changing it back gives a blank git diff.
13:49 NateC joined #koha
13:59 mtompset Okay... so, I do I post the patch as an attachment to bugzilla?
13:59 paul_p bug 6557 pushed, but some work still needed...
13:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6557 normal, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , biblioitems.totalissues unused
14:05 mtompset I think I got it.
14:15 mtompset Hi, matts.
14:15 mtompset YAY! I generated my first patch.
14:22 cait joined #koha
14:24 drojf mtompset: congratulations
14:33 cait left #koha
14:33 salsa joined #koha
14:33 JesseM joined #koha
14:34 mtompset And I've generated a second...
14:34 mtompset And I'm working on my third.
14:39 magnuse mtompset++
14:40 mtompset I want my bugs to get pushed and closed!
14:40 mtompset It's not like these are HUGE!
14:40 mtompset a simple \ was the fix for one of them.
14:41 slef yengh... what's the code for the serial claims notice? I need it to test something
14:42 slef claimissues?
14:43 slef might be CLAIM ISSUE
14:43 slef hrm
14:43 slef ah no I see
14:44 slef it's module "claim serial issue" not module "serial"
14:44 slef I think I'll have to test this on a live server :-/
14:44 * slef wanders off, muttering into his beard
14:46 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:59 mtompset Three patches, jcamins. :)
15:00 jcamins mtompset: well done!
15:00 jcamins Did you mark them "needs signoff"?
15:01 mtompset I attached them to the bug reports.
15:01 mtompset Should have I changed the status?
15:01 mtompset I'm the reporter.
15:01 jcamins You'll need to change the status of each of those bugs to "Needs signoff," or no one will know to look at them.
15:01 jcamins Yeah, you're saying "there's a patch that needs to be tested."
15:02 jcamins Anyone can do that. :)
15:03 eythian wahanui: bug workflow is <reply>[…]nt-patch_Workflow
15:03 wahanui ...but bug workflow is[…]nt-patch_Workflow...
15:03 eythian oh right
15:03 eythian wahanui: as you were then
15:03 wahanui eythian: sorry...
15:03 jcamins bug workflow?
15:03 wahanui i heard bug workflow was[…]nt-patch_Workflow
15:03 jcamins ^^ see that page
15:04 mtompset Okay,,, what if one of the bugs I think is a duplicate?
15:04 eythian then you can use the "duplicate" status
15:05 mtompset but duplicate puts it to RESOLVED.
15:05 mtompset I don't like that.
15:05 jcamins Yes, RESOLVED/DUPLICATE.
15:05 jcamins That's what it is.
15:05 jcamins It's a duplicate.
15:05 eythian it's saying "this one is resolved so ignore it, look over there for the real happenings"
15:06 reiveune bye
15:06 reiveune left #koha
15:06 eythian "resolved" doesn't mean "fixed", "fixed" means that :)
15:08 jwagner joined #koha
15:11 mtompset okay...
15:11 mtompset I was thinking...
15:11 mtompset what's your take on line 264 of catalogue/
15:12 mtompset if ($item->{'materials'} ne ''){
15:12 eythian it might be worth putting a sample into a pastbin
15:12 eythian oh
15:12 eythian that could be made nicer
15:12 jcamins That's... awful.
15:12 eythian by dropping off the ne ''
15:12 mtompset I was thinking no need for ne.
15:12 jcamins Yup.
15:12 jcamins I agree.
15:13 mtompset Okay... that will be my patch.
15:13 eythian it'll also improve error handling in corner cases that'll probably never come up anyway
15:13 jcamins And remove a warning.
15:14 mtompset bug 8175
15:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8175 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Missing defined check in catalogue/
15:14 mtompset Okay... I thought of adding defined... but I realized a drop the ne is better.
15:15 eythian yeah
15:21 mtompset bug 8200
15:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8200 trivial, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , /home/chris/git/koha.git in /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/
15:21 mtompset Wasn't someone saying is old?
15:21 jcamins I think it might be.
15:23 mtompset I already quoted you in the comment I put. :)
15:24 mtompset Well, that means that bug and bug 8192 are the only one's of mine outstanding.
15:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8192 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Update libraries and Missing library in install_misc/ubuntu.packages
15:27 mtompset Oh, and since I think you changed the status of bug 6840 jcamins, perhaps you could read through the commentary and decide if it really needs to be assigned at all.
15:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6840 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , error in in logs
15:27 mtompset The code is already live.
15:28 mtompset I think Fred P was confused.
15:28 mtompset bug 7630 deals with his issues, I think.
15:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7630 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Warning on about param without key
15:28 mtompset And now... after that most excellent coding run...
15:28 jcamins The patch for bug 7630 hasn't been pushed yet.
15:29 mtompset I know. I just did it. :P
15:29 jcamins Right, therefore, bug 6840 should not be closed yet.
15:30 jcamins You should change the assignment on that bug to you, and then once 7630 is closed, we can test it, and close both.
15:30 mtompset but the code for 6840 is already live.
15:30 jcamins Oh, you're saying the code that fixes 6840 is already in master?
15:30 mtompset YES.
15:30 jcamins Okay.
15:30 * jcamins was confused.
15:30 paul_p time to go back home. see you on monday guys !
15:31 mtompset Au revoir, paul_p.
15:31 jcamins If the error isn't appearing anymore, you should go ahead and close the bug with a message something along the lines of "working in latest master."
15:31 mtompset Okay... let me try...
15:31 mtompset There is an error...
15:31 alex_a left #koha
15:32 mtompset generated by that patch, intentionally to prevent a NASTY error.
15:32 mtompset i.e. a warn statement versus bad code.
15:33 mtompset I think I documented some other cases on bug 7352.
15:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7352 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, generates error in related to missing $key value
15:34 jcamins Got it.
15:34 jcamins Actually, there's an easier way to fix this problem in the future:
15:34 jcamins coding guidelines?
15:34 wahanui coding guidelines are[…]Coding_Guidelines
15:34 jcamins Actually, it might not be there.
15:35 jcamins @quote search typo
15:35 huginn jcamins: 2 found: #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} -..." and #82: "<pianohack> nengard: If you were using a..."
15:35 jcamins @quote get 135
15:35 huginn jcamins: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
15:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #770 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
15:35 jcamins ^^ you can use that instead of the params(key => $value) if $value;
15:36 mtompset you mean $key=> value if $key.
15:36 jcamins However, yes, you should go ahead and close the bug report you just asked about, because it is working now even without your patch.
15:36 jcamins Yes.
15:36 jcamins That's what I mean.
15:36 jcamins Wait... that's not what the example was.
15:36 * jcamins is frazzled... he has an unusable shower which he only just found out does not have to be replaced.
15:36 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert "Bug 7444: Update circ/ to use KohaDates TT Plugin" <[…]66e9c822522f49a72> / bug 6350 (history.txt) fixing typo <[…]953859eb8836c7698> / Bug 6350 : Updating history <[…]itdiff;h=2d3c51e1
15:37 jcamins (this is good news... up until five minutes ago I thought we were going to be remodeling the bathroom)
15:37 brylie joined #koha
15:38 mtompset I'll just leave it then.
15:38 mtompset It's 11:37pm here. I should have gone to bed earlier.
15:38 jcamins Yes, you should've.
15:38 mtompset But you can't stop a good coding run.
15:38 jcamins lol
15:38 jcamins I must give it to you, that was impressive.
15:39 mtompset And now, I can submit patches with bug reports in the future. :)
15:39 jcamins Yup.
15:40 mtompset I should probably do a diff -r against 3.6.3 and our 3.6.3 to see if I made any other changes I forgot to bug report.
15:40 jcamins That would be a good idea.
15:41 mtompset But one thing I really want to change is the staff client "login" div AFTER login.
15:41 mtompset I want to lay out my login screen custom.
15:41 jcamins You don't need to patch the code for that.
15:41 mtompset So, I don't want it messing up my menu bar at the top.
15:42 jcamins You should just use CSS.
15:42 mtompset How do you distinguish between login and login?!
15:42 mtompset that's the CSS.
15:42 jcamins Okay, a patch will be required to change one of those ids.
15:42 mtompset exactly.
15:42 jcamins *Then* you do the styling with CSS.
15:42 jcamins :)
15:42 mtompset YES!
15:42 eythian having two ids the same is doubleplusungood anyway
15:43 jcamins eythian: it's really bizarre having you in this time zone.
15:43 mtompset That's probably something I'll submit next week.
15:43 Waylon what the.... sysadmin writes back.. latest koha version is 4.10?!
15:43 mtompset What timezone is he normally in?
15:44 jcamins Waylon: no, it isn't. That LibLime's fork.
15:44 jcamins mtompset: New Zealand's.
15:44 mtompset So why is a NZ in the US?
15:45 jcamins He's in Europe, actually. Visiting satellite offices, I think. :)
15:45 mtompset Ah.
15:45 eythian Yeah, it's summer in Europe, winter at home.
15:45 mtompset anyways... good day (24 hour period)
15:45 mtompset Thanks for the help and feedback guys.
15:45 eythian later
15:45 jcamins Good night.
15:46 slef bug 7717 and bug 7494 and bug 6460 and bug 7613
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7717 enhancement, P3, ---, mjr, ASSIGNED , Multiple Identical Holds
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, In Discussion , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6460 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, januszop, RESOLVED FIXED, No log generated if Action set to All or Modify or Delete
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7613 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Needs Signoff , OCLC Connexion Gateway, including extension svc/import_bib
15:47 Waylon okay, so sysadmin wants to bare metal the koha servers, no xcp.
15:47 slef xcp?
15:47 * Waylon cringes.
15:47 Waylon XCP, Xen Cloud Platform.
15:47 Waylon VM host
15:47 drojf Waylon: going from pre 3.0 with lots of local changes to liblime fork would be ironic ;)
15:47 eythian it would be terrible :)
15:47 * jcamins doesn't know what xcp is, but as long as you are working on Koha and not LibLime's fork you should... survive, anyway.
15:47 slef didn't KVM beat Xen yet? ;)
15:47 jcamins eythian: terribly ironic, even..
15:47 Waylon i swear, if they move to liblimes branch, i quit working for them.
15:48 drojf they just googled koha :(
15:48 eythian I was talking to a maybe-client who said he had done a bit of digging around about Koha, and couldn't see much sign of documentation or community or anything.
15:48 eythian Then I showed him the proper website
15:48 jcamins Waylon: if they do want to go with LibLime's Koha, jwagner can probably put them in touch with the sales people.
15:48 eythian It was like a whole new world.
15:49 Waylon "Debian squeeze 64 bit is the most common Koha OS, the most supported." yes?
15:49 eythian yeah
15:49 eythian it's what I deploy on
15:49 jcamins slef: you should sign off on bug 7613. I would like to, but couldn't get Connexion to start.
15:50 slef 7613 is in master now isn't it?
15:50 jcamins slef: not the follow-up.
15:50 jcamins slef: it doesn't actually work with Connexion client.
15:50 slef jcamins: I'd need to wait for an OCLC-using client to report back again :-/
15:51 jcamins slef: if I ever have a Windows installation that works, I'll try again.
15:53 jcamins It may one day come to the point where I actually have to buy the MSDN OS collection (ugh!), but we're putting that off as long as possible.
15:58 melia joined #koha
16:01 talljoy joined #koha
16:06 salsa left #koha
16:11 laurence1 left #koha
16:12 gaetan_B bye !
16:24 jwagner cfouts, one other pivotal that came back up -- can you take a look at[…]ry/show/22673905?
16:24 jwagner It's sporadic and not reproducible, but it's too much to be user error or a stuck keyboard
16:24 jwagner sorry, wrong screen :-(
16:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #770: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/770/
16:25 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 6557: Record bib popularity in totalissues
16:25 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6557 follow-up DBRev number
16:25 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6557 follow-up UNIMARC 942$0 in default french frameworks
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6557 normal, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , biblioitems.totalissues unused
16:25 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8311: Fix scoping error in C4::Auth
16:25 jenkins_koha * semarie-koha: Bug 3280 Restrict Send basket feature
16:25 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 8318: Update StatisticsFields preference language
16:25 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8217: Followup: move code to the document.ready function
16:25 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 : Updating history
16:25 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 6350 (history.txt) fixing typo
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8311 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Mis-scoped function call in C4::Auth
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3280 normal, P3, ---, semarie-koha, Pushed to Master , opac/ security leaky
16:25 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 7444: Update circ/ to use KohaDates TT Plugin"
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8318 minor, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , update StatisticsFields description
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8217 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Focus on search box in Detail page (staff search)
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6350 trivial, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , Bug for tracking updates to the history file
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7444 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , Use T::T date plugin to display dates omnibus
16:33 * jcamins considers adding another section to the administration module.
16:51 slef @query zebra-biblios-dom.cfg
16:52 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7818 critical, P1 - high, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
16:52 jcamins slef: that's the patch for making packages cope with the DOM indexing.
16:53 slef jcamins: and presuably why packages of 3.8.x aren't building at the moment?
16:53 jcamins Right.
16:53 * slef reviews
17:06 mveron joined #koha
17:09 mveron joined #koha
17:09 Ccorrales joined #koha
17:09 mveron Hi #koha
17:14 nengard MT 2763 can anyone think of why suppression wouldn't be working?
17:14 nengard oops - wrong window :) hehe
17:21 Ccorrales joined #koha
17:24 jcamins nengard: Zebra config wasn't updated?
17:24 nengard hehe
17:24 nengard Yeah, that's what we're thinking
17:24 jcamins It's easy to overlook when using dev installs.
17:25 jcamins (and this is why using dev installs in production is a bad idea!)
17:30 * mveron ponders if someone can stumble oveer soething that does not exist?
17:30 * mveron stumbled over missing file PR.png, see Bug 8335
17:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8335 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Missing Icon PR.png or typo in MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl
17:31 jcamins What does PR stand for?
17:31 jcamins Periodical?
17:32 mveron Do not know...
17:32 slef aren't periodicals CR for Continuing Resource?
17:32 jcamins slef: yes.
17:34 jcamins Some sort of music.
17:34 jcamins Not sure what PR would stand for.
17:35 jcamins Maybe jwagner or cait would know... I seem to recall them both talking about sheet music at some point.
17:35 slef test="$leader6='c' or $leader6='d'"
17:35 slef @marc leader
17:35 huginn slef: unknown tag leader
17:35 slef @marc LDR
17:35 huginn slef: unknown tag LDR
17:35 jcamins @marc ldr
17:35 huginn jcamins: unknown tag ldr
17:36 slef marc21?
17:36 wahanui marc21 is at[…]hic/ecbdlist.html ,
17:36 jcamins @marc 000
17:36 huginn jcamins: unknown tag 000
17:36 slef c - Notated music
17:36 slef d - Manuscript notated music
17:36 jcamins Yeah... something to do with sheet music.
17:37 * jwagner perks up ears
17:37 jwagner I show that combo labelled Score
17:38 jcamins jwagner: that seems a very logical thing to call it. I wonder where PR came from, and what happened to that file.
17:38 slef MU.png looks like closest we have
17:39 slef unless we go with AR.png
17:39 jcamins slef: maybe PR.png was deleted recently?
17:39 slef MU is a speaker, AR is a little book
17:39 jcamins bgkriegel specifically added PR.
17:40 jcamins Which makes me think there must have been a PR.png at that time.
17:40 slef jcamins: searching...
17:40 wahanui i guess searching is not working
17:41 slef Pattern not found
17:41 drojf is it safe to assume that when a cataloguer uses 856$u, s/he would include a possible user/password string right into that url and not (only) into subfields h/l and k?
17:41 jcamins drojf: with catalogers, there are no safe assumptions. ;)
17:41 jcamins slef: yeah, I don't see any sign of it either.
17:41 drojf i knew that would be the answer :D
17:43 slef jcamins: check out the date bgkriegel added it and see if it existed in the tree at that time?
17:43 * jwagner dives back into OPAC customizations :-(
17:44 slef jcamins: looks like an error to me...
17:45 drojf is it maybe more safe to assume that when using 856 subfields a, d, f AND subfield u, the url in $u and the url i can construct from ind.1+ a + d + f would be the same?
17:46 drojf well, it is now, and i call it drojfs law
17:46 jcamins slef: agreed.
17:46 jcamins drojf: good law. :)
17:47 drojf :)
17:48 slef or see if you can see one from to use
17:48 slef biab
17:48 slef bbl
17:49 jcamins mveron: pick your favorite score-y icon from :)
17:49 drojf heh
17:49 mveron jcamins: OK, will do...  :-)  It is about music notes on paper, yes?
17:50 jcamins mveron: yup.
17:52 cait joined #koha
17:54 * jcamins waves enthusiastically to cait, and comments on just how incredibly cool bug 2060 is. :)
17:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
17:54 jcamins :D
17:58 cait I am sure it is
17:59 jcamins So is IT law.
18:24 SJeffery joined #koha
18:26 mveron Bug 8335 done, using file music.png form
18:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8335 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Missing Icon PR.png or typo in MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl
18:26 jcamins mveron++
18:26 cait mveron++ indeed :)
18:27 mveron Thanks :-)
18:29 chris_n @wunder 28334
18:29 huginn chris_n: The current temperature in Erwin, North Carolina is 39.0°C (2:15 PM EDT on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 31%. Dew Point: 19.0°C. Pressure: 29.81 in 1009 hPa (Falling). Heat advisory in effect until 6 am EDT Saturday...
18:29 mveron @wunder Allschwil
18:29 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Basel, Switzerland is 30.7°C (8:25 PM CEST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 48%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
18:30 nengard @wunder 19030
18:30 * chris_n cracks a few eggs on the sidewalk
18:30 huginn nengard: The current temperature in Highland Park, Levittown, Pennsylvania is 37.8°C (2:29 PM EDT on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 41%. Dew Point: 22.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Falling). Excessive heat warning in effect until 8 PM EDT Sunday...
18:30 nengard :(
18:30 jcamins @wunder 11375
18:30 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 33.9°C (2:02 PM EDT on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: 21.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Falling). Heat advisory in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening...
18:30 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
18:30 nengard guess the heat is going south :)
18:30 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Pankow, Weissensee, Germany is 29.2°C (8:29 PM CEST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 49%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Rising).
18:31 * mveron needs some Ice Cream
18:31 * nengard had some already
18:31 nengard :)
18:31 mveron :-)
18:31 * drojf needs to put some scottish ale in the fridge
18:31 chris_n its supposed to be ~41*C here tomorrow and Sunday
18:32 nengard negative?
18:32 jcamins Yikes.
18:32 jcamins It's plenty hot here.
18:34 cait @wunder Konstanz
18:34 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 26.9°C (8:30 PM CEST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 21.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
18:34 cait feels much warmer out there
18:34 SJeffery @wunder 85705
18:34 huginn SJeffery: The current temperature in Ironwood Hill/Grannen Rd., Tucson, Arizona is 38.7°C (11:30 AM MST on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.82 in 1010 hPa (Falling).
18:35 SJeffery It is supposed to be 110 here today:(
18:35 jcamins @wunder lawrence, ks
18:35 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 37.1°C (1:33 PM CDT on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 33%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Falling). Excessive heat warning in effect until 8 PM CDT this evening...
18:35 * jcamins will keep the 34degree weather.
18:35 SJeffery Lol, you get to my temps and it is an "excessive heat warning", but for us it iis just another day
18:35 nengard hehe
18:35 nengard I noticed that
18:36 tcohen hi nengard
18:36 nengard over here I know the concern is that a lot of people in the city don't have air conditioning - so the elderly and children are at risk when it gets this hot
18:36 tcohen what was the field for setting a field to be collapsed in the frameworks?
18:36 nengard hi tcohen
18:36 nengard hidden
18:36 jcamins tcohen: hidden.
18:36 drojf so its hot everywhere…
18:36 drojf @wunder nuuk
18:36 huginn drojf: Error: No such location could be found.
18:36 jcamins tcohen: even odds that it will help, though.
18:36 drojf @wunder nuuk, greenland
18:36 huginn drojf: Error: No such location could be found.
18:37 drojf hm
18:37 tcohen but I want the field to appear, its just that i want it collapsed by default
18:37 jcamins tcohen: right, you set that using hidden.
18:37 jcamins It's documented in the manual.
18:37 tcohen mad librarians are talking about too much noise in the frameworks
18:37 jcamins Unfortunately, it only works randomly.
18:38 nengard tcohen - i've been complaining about that for years now
18:39 drojf its free software, change what you dont like :P
18:39 nengard don't have the skills to do that
18:39 cait I have to agree with nengard on that
18:39 nengard Frameworks are way way way too integrated
18:39 nengard too much to change
18:39 cait and have you noticed that the hidden works much nicer for authorities?
18:39 cait that's insane
18:39 jcamins cait: I'm not surprised.
18:39 jcamins cait: less bolted on.
18:40 SJeffery Sounds like someone should de-integrate it:)
18:40 jcamins SJeffery: agreed. We just need a coalition of libraries that's *really* interested in the problem.
18:40 jcamins And a second chris_n. :)
18:40 * jcamins considers.
18:40 jcamins Maybe a third as well.
18:40 cait heh
18:40 cait why a second chris_n?
18:41 cait I was thiking about cloning you :)
18:41 jcamins cait: so one can do chris_n's job, and the other can work on the MARC editor.
18:41 nengard hehe
18:41 jcamins However, I'm thinking having two chris_ns working on the MARC editor might be necessary.
18:41 nengard well i'm an interested librarian
18:42 jcamins nengard: by "*really* interested" I meant "willing to devote a very large amount of money to the problem."
18:42 * chris_n could use another one of himself, but is not sure he could live with another one of himself ;-)
18:42 nengard well I'm willing to devote a "really large amount of opinions"
18:42 nengard :)
18:42 SJeffery I hate when people say "a really large amount of money" in reference to Koha development. What constitutes a large amount varies by the library
18:42 drojf more than one opinion is problems ;)
18:43 jcamins SJeffery: I think it's probably a ~$20k problem, though that's just a guess off the top of my head.
18:44 drojf either we have libraries sponsor it or we have libraries complain so much to vendors that they change it. nobody touched that "for fun" and nobody ever will i suppose.
18:44 jcamins drojf: other than chris_n. ;)
18:45 cait drojf: good summary I gues
18:45 drojf heh
18:45 cait I think there is a patch for an alternative editor
18:45 cait i think this could be a way of doing it
18:45 cait add another basic editor and enhance step by step?
18:46 * chris_n has started some work, but it is very early and very pre-alpha
18:46 chris_n and subject to radical changes with no notice or even less
18:46 jcamins cait: yeah, that would be the way to go, but even that would take too much work to be a weekend project.
18:47 cait there is a rebased patch from piano hacker i think
18:47 cait in bugzila
18:47 chris_n cait: a total rewrite does appear best and what you've suggested is the basic approach I was taking
18:47 cait maybe as a starting point?
18:47 jcamins cait: I looked at that.
18:47 jcamins Unfortunately, it doesn't provide an architecture to build on. :(
18:48 cait ah ok
18:48 cait I am not a cataloging expert
18:48 cait because we hardly use the module
18:48 chris_n[…]mmits/marc_editor
18:48 * jcamins thought he'd redo the cataloging module about a year and a half ago by building on pianohacker's work.
18:48 chris_n in case anyone gets really curious
18:48 * jcamins was wrong.
18:48 cait libraries are using the union catalog software and only do basic cataloging in Koha
18:49 * jcamins thinks that is a good choice.
18:50 cait yeah, but now I have to teach cataloging in less than 2 weeks
18:50 cait ...
18:50 cait it always get to you in the end
18:53 SJeffery More work on the cataloging module interface would be awesome:)
18:58 tcohen what's actually the problem with hidden? i guess it is not used by the XSLT's
18:59 cait no it never was supposed to
18:59 hank_bank joined #koha
18:59 cait I think
18:59 libsysguy joined #koha
19:00 cait not used by the normal view too I think
19:00 cait only the marc views
19:00 cait ok... I think too much
19:00 cait :)
19:00 * cait goes to watch a documentaton about cake
19:01 tcohen ciat: but OPAC / Intranet / Collapsed seem to be the options, so its confusing
19:01 tcohen http://manual.koha-community.o[…]marcbibframeworks
19:01 tcohen ciat = cait
19:01 jcamins tcohen: it's not used in regular mode at all.
19:01 jcamins Rather, it's not used for any non-MARC view.
19:01 jcamins And it's not used for the raw MARC view.
19:02 jcamins So basically it is the cataloging module and expanded MARC views only.
19:02 tcohen so, it works, but is not well documented
19:03 jcamins tcohen: no, it doesn't work for those three things I listed either.
19:03 jcamins Well, sometimes it does.
19:03 jcamins But sometimes it doesn't.
19:03 jcamins And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't.
19:03 jcamins At least, that's been my experience.
19:04 hank_bank joined #koha
19:04 Oak_afk joined #koha
19:04 Oak_afk cait!
19:04 Oak_afk magnuse
19:05 Oak jcamins!
19:05 wahanui i guess jcamins is A-Grade developper on Koha willing to rewrite it from top to bottom. Good Luck jcamins
19:05 cait hi Oak
19:05 Oak good to see everyone :)
19:05 drojf1 joined #koha
19:05 jcamins Oak!
19:05 Oak not everyone
19:05 wahanui not everyone is youtubing at this time of day
19:05 cait jcamins: i agree with your experience
19:05 Oak i mean Brooke is not here
19:05 Oak druthb
19:06 Oak others
19:06 tcohen jcamins: collapsed/!collapsed seems to work deterministicaly
19:06 Oak @wunder islamabad
19:07 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 31.0°C (12:00 AM PKT on June 30, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 40%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Falling).
19:07 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
19:07 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba Aerodrome, Argentina is 22.0°C (3:00 PM ART on June 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 27%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
19:07 tcohen mmm, think of levaing to play some tennis :-D
19:09 Oak like, real tennis?
19:13 maximep yay, time to upgrade to 3.8 and send a ton of patches to the community. This should be fun =)
19:15 jcamins maximep: woohoo!
19:16 cait maximep: woohoo :)
19:17 maximep hmmm I forgot... do I have to do a git format-patch or is a git diff in a .patch enough ?
19:17 jcamins git format-patch.
19:17 jcamins git diff is pretty much useless.
19:17 maximep well then it's time to squash commits -_-
19:17 cait that's not so bad, keep smiling :)
19:18 maximep is there an easier way than a rebase -i ?
19:18 jcamins maximep: nope.
19:19 liw maximep, do a new branch of your branch, then rebase the one -- that way, if you make a mistake in the rebasing, you can easily go back
19:19 maximep sure
19:19 jcamins Right, that's a good idea.
19:19 * liw learned that the hard way
19:19 * jcamins too.
19:19 maximep yeah I did too haha
19:19 liw (several times)
19:21 maximep oops, squashed all of them instead of leaving one. it's friday after all -_-
19:26 tcohen Oak: I play top spin 4 :-P
19:26 tcohen but I really play *real* tennis
19:26 tcohen (i was talking about real tennis this time :-P)
19:32 maximep yay @ me for my first patch in months
19:32 cait :)
19:32 cait maximep++
19:39 * mveron has rebased Bug 7563 for the nth time...
19:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7563 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, veron, Signed Off , Silent print slips using Firefox PlugIn jsPrintSetup and new staff client preference
19:39 cait is it waitin gfor qa?
19:39 tcohen i love that feature mveron!
19:40 tcohen can't belive someone took it
19:41 cait @later tell sekjal could you please take a look at bug 7563? Lots of rebasing done already - would be good to see that moving forward :)
19:41 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:42 mveron cait: Yes. signed off by Chris, then see comments 17, 18, 19
19:43 mveron cait: Thanks  :-)
19:43 cait not sure it will be any help :)
19:56 nengard left #koha
20:19 mbalmer joined #koha
20:21 libsysguy left #koha
20:22 mveron Good night everybody  :-)
20:22 mbalmer ha!
20:23 mbalmer just missed him...
20:50 cait left #koha
20:56 maximep left #koha
21:13 rangi melia_lunch: patch attached
21:23 melia_lunch yay! thank you so much
21:24 rangi if you could look at bug 8087
21:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8087 normal, P2, ---, henridamien, NEW , Calendar not working in dropbox mode
21:24 rangi from the name its a duplicate
21:24 rangi but albert added something about even and odd .. which makes no sense to me, so i didnt close it
21:25 melia yes. makes no sense to me either.
21:26 melia I'll try and find out what albert is talking about on monday.
21:26 rangi thanks :)
21:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #77 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:47 jcamins Bug 8311
21:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8311 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Mis-scoped function call in C4::Auth
21:49 JesseM left #koha
21:51 rangi hmm
21:51 rangi bug 3280
21:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3280 normal, P3, ---, semarie-koha, Pushed to Master , opac/ security leaky
21:52 rangi +    'X-Orig-IP' => $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'},
21:52 rangi i dont think thats right
21:53 rangi thats putting the ip of the user, not the mailserver that send the mail
21:53 rangi and its gonna be things like proxies or all sorts of other things
21:54 jcamins No, that's correct to the extent that it can be correct given that I don't think my patch for bug 7800 ever made it.
21:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7800 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , admin/ plack scoping
21:54 jcamins Hm.
21:54 jcamins Bug 7400?
21:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7400 enhancement, P3, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Add auto-completion on auth_finder
21:54 jcamins Hm.
21:54 jcamins @query reverse proxy
21:54 huginn jcamins: No results for "reverse proxy."
21:54 jcamins @query remote ip
21:54 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3068 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, NEW ,  IP address matching overly generous
21:54 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5511 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, amit.gupta, Failed QA , Check for Change in Remote IP address for Session Security. Disable when remote ip address changes frequently.
21:55 jcamins @query handle proxies
21:55 huginn jcamins: No results for "handle proxies."
21:55 jcamins Bug 6800.
21:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6800 major, P3, ---, jcamins, RESOLVED WONTFIX, Koha authentication should handle proxies better
21:55 jcamins There we go.
21:55 rangi im just wondering if it is usual or even expected practice to set the ip of the originating email, to not be where it originated, but the ip of some user who is using the website instead
21:56 jcamins Yes.
21:56 jcamins I've noticed that on sites I've used.
21:57 rangi its supposed to be of the client, the client is the webserver
21:57 rangi its of the client connecting to the mailserver, not the browser connecting to a website
21:57 jcamins Hm.
21:57 jcamins In that case it would be wrong.
21:58 * jcamins _has_ noticed that behavior on other websites, though.
21:58 rangi yep, its some MS thing, that they introduced to hotmail in 99
21:59 rangi thats become a defacto standard
21:59 rangi so there probably arent any actual rules
21:59 rangi :)
22:00 jcamins And it's an MS thing, so they probably wouldn't make sense anyway.
22:00 rangi hmm not sure wether to push it to 3.8.x or not
22:01 rangi not because of that
22:01 rangi more because it makes it impossible to send a cart without being logged in
22:01 rangi which is a big behaviour change
22:01 rangi and not something i want to slip in, mid cycle
22:01 jcamins Agreed.
22:06 jcamins I'm not sure I like the idea of not allowing anonymous users to send carts.
22:06 jcamins What if they find a book they are interested in while browsing another library's catalog?
22:08 * jcamins calls it a day.
22:14 * magnuse calls it a summer
22:14 magnuse see you guys in 3 weeks time!
22:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #77: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/77/
22:27 jenkins_koha mtj: Bug 8315 - fix 'C4::Output 3.02' errors in Koha
22:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8315 major, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , fix 'C4::Output 3.02' errors in Koha
22:27 jenkins_koha Starting build #78 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:42 brylie joined #koha
22:46 hankbank joined #koha
23:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #78: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/78/
23:20 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8311: Fix scoping error in C4::Auth
23:20 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 : Updating history
23:20 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 6350 (history.txt) fixing typo
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8311 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Stable , Mis-scoped function call in C4::Auth
23:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6350 trivial, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , Bug for tracking updates to the history file
23:49 stuartyeates joined #koha
23:50 jcamins_away Hm. Is there a good reason why /var/spool/koha/$instance/ belongs to root and not $instance-koha?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary