IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 eythian I don't think the US does real pies, does it?
00:01 ibeardslee probably more likely that one from over there would be thermonuclear
00:02 ibeardslee .. it was a bit funnier in my head
00:02 jcamins lol
00:02 jcamins No, it was an eggplant.
00:10 Soupermanito joined #koha
00:37 thd-away joined #koha
00:54 Irma joined #koha
01:30 thd-away` joined #koha
01:59 robg joined #koha
02:01 druthb joined #koha
02:01 druthb o/
04:24 thd-away joined #koha
04:41 cait joined #koha
05:06 adnc joined #koha
05:43 stuartyeates joined #koha
05:43 stuartyeates left #koha
06:09 zioha joined #koha
06:34 laurence joined #koha
06:43 francharb joined #koha
06:45 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:45 huginn cait: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Friedrichshafen DE, Friedrichshafen, Germany is 15.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on May 21, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.50 in 999 hPa (Steady).
06:45 francharb good morning
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:46 wahanui privet, reiveune
06:49 cait hi francharb and reiveune :)
06:54 alex_a joined #koha
06:55 julian_m joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour koha
06:59 julian_m hi all
07:00 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:01 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:02 gaetan_B hello !
07:03 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
07:06 sophie_m joined #koha
07:06 hdl joined #koha
07:08 asaurat joined #koha
07:09 asaurat hi
07:09 wahanui hello, asaurat
07:15 hdl joined #koha
07:15 samuel joined #koha
07:15 samuel hi everybody :-)
07:18 hdl joined #koha
07:25 kmkale joined #koha
07:26 kmkale Hi all I am conducting a Koha workshop in Symbiosis university at Pune India.
07:27 kmkale All participants are watching this on a screen and want to say Hi tp the Koha Community
07:27 kmkale :)
07:27 kmkale HI from Symbiosis
07:28 magnuse hiya Symbiosis
07:28 magnuse greetings from norway!
07:28 rangi hi from new zealand
07:29 asaurat joined #koha
07:29 siom-lib joined #koha
07:30 mib_oivn5e joined #koha
07:31 kmkale hi rangi
07:31 kmkale hi magnuse
07:31 kmkale how r things?
07:34 magnuse good! the sun is shining!
07:34 magnuse @wunder boo
07:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0°C (9:20 AM CEST on May 21, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
07:34 magnuse @wunder pune, india
07:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Poona, India is 36.0°C (11:30 AM IST on May 21, 2012). Conditions: . Humidity: 11%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.69 in 1005 hPa.
07:40 kmkale bye all
07:45 kmkale11 joined #koha
07:45 mib_bhihwn joined #koha
07:46 kmkale11 happy birthday chris :)
07:46 magnuse hey, happy birthday rangi! w00t!
07:46 mib_bhihwn hello i am yogesh nashik
07:49 mib_x6xb05 joined #koha
07:49 mib_ypx9j7 joined #koha
07:54 ash81_mlis joined #koha
07:54 mib_24irmv joined #koha
08:20 anjoze joined #koha
08:26 Guillaume joined #koha
08:28 magnuse 1 minute of silence for MARC at ELAG2012
08:28 rangi heh
08:29 magnuse ;-)
08:35 cait-m joined #koha
08:36 zioha joined #koha
08:39 kf joined #koha
08:44 Irma joined #koha
08:49 hdl magnuse: are you at ELAG ?
08:51 paul_p joined #koha
08:53 eythian_ joined #koha
08:53 eythian_ left #koha
08:54 eythian_ joined #koha
08:55 magnuse hdl: sadly not
08:57 magnuse no more travelling until after the son and heir is born...
08:57 kf son and heir? :)
08:57 magnuse yeah?
08:59 kf :)
09:04 eythian_ Someone needs to have the empire passed on to them.
09:04 kf ?
09:04 kf hi eythian
09:04 eythian_ that's the purpose of an heir
09:05 eythian_ hello
09:05 * eythian_ hates writing presentation slides
09:05 eythian_ Don't know why I keep volunteering for it
09:05 magnuse eythian: a masochistic streak? ;-)
09:06 eythian_ It's my only explanation too
09:06 kf left #koha
09:06 magnuse eythian: try doing your presentation without slides?
09:06 eythian_ Hmm, I'd forget where I was.
09:07 eythian_ "What? Am I in tokyo?!"
09:07 eythian_ it's very confusing
09:08 chris_n` joined #koha
09:10 magnuse eythian_: heh! going to tokyo?
09:11 eythian_ No! That's why it's so confusing!
09:13 magnuse ah, i see (not)
09:14 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
09:17 Oak joined #koha
09:18 Oak cait-m!!
09:18 wahanui cait-m is on a train :-)
09:22 Oak rangi around?
09:22 Oak magnuse
09:22 magnuse Oak
09:22 eythian_ My bullet points are the Koha logo, that must be good for a presentation :)
09:23 Oak my MLIS project Koha library became publicly accessible \o/
09:23 Oak
09:23 Oak magnuse will you have a look please?
09:24 eythian_ Oak: that looks pretty good (though I'd make the "search" button look like the cart/list buttons)
09:24 eythian_ I like the search bar gradient
09:24 Oak hmmm
09:24 Oak that would look nicer
09:24 Oak which one, green one or blue one?
09:25 Oak :) yay. cool. that means so much to me.
09:25 eythian_ Doesn't matter, more that it's a different style so it looks a bit out of place
09:25 magnuse yeah, that looks good!
09:25 Oak hmm. okay got it.
09:26 Oak thank you thank you!
09:26 eythian_ Oh, our libraries are liking the "recent comments" stuff, if you want people to comment, it may be good to turn that on.
09:26 magnuse did you increase the general font size a little bit?
09:27 Oak yup magnuse
09:27 Oak eythian, hmmm. let me do that now
09:27 magnuse yay, i like it - i think the default can get a little bit small
09:29 Oak Recent Comments included...
09:29 kf joined #koha
09:30 eythian_ cool
09:31 eythian_ Oak: your 650 subject entries should be split up, e.g. on this record:[…]pl?biblionumber=2
09:32 eythian_ that way it's two subjects, not one that's both of them
09:32 Oak hmm. how do we do that?
09:33 Oak by putting a -- between them?
09:33 Oak or duplicating that field?
09:33 eythian_ no, by having a separate 650 entry for each subject.
09:33 eythian_ yeah that :)
09:33 Oak ah
09:33 Oak cool, got it. that makes sense.
09:34 Oak let me fix that "Search" button now... next is splitting the 650.
09:39 * eythian_ notes that unity's alt-tab has "show desktop" as one of it's entries. That explains by all my windows vanished earlier.
09:50 Oak eythian, now the Search button's color is changed... should I get rid of the border and shadow? adding border to the Card button may be tricky...
09:51 eythian_ Yeah, I'd say make them look the same, whichever way you go with that is up to you :)
09:52 Oak :) okay.
09:55 Oak eythian, done :)
09:56 eythian_ that looks better, now the buttons look similar
09:57 Oak yup. Thanks to you.
09:57 eythian_ I probably would have made the search button blue, but I think green works better actually.
09:57 eythian_ It stands out nicely
09:57 Oak yup :)
09:57 * eythian_ is not a designer
10:00 Oak eythian, made change to my MARC framework, and fixed this record:[…]pl?biblionumber=2
10:01 Oak now will fix other records... when I'm home.
10:03 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:04 eythian_ Oak: I think it's better to create new 650 fields rather than new 650$a
10:05 Oak hmm. let me see how to do that.
10:05 eythian_ Repeating $a means that it doesn't really count, it's just informational (according to that record, anyway)
10:05 Oak i see.
10:06 eythian_ if you have two 650s, it becomes two different links
10:07 Oak ooh that was easy. done :)[…]pl?biblionumber=2
10:07 Oak and good tip... about two different links... yes makes perfect sense. Thank you!
10:11 eythian_ np
10:13 Oak now me go and take my laptop to management sciences library... be back in a bit.
10:55 kf joined #koha
10:57 * kf waves
11:07 * magnuse waves
11:29 talljoy joined #koha
11:29 jwagner joined #koha
11:39 Oak joined #koha
11:39 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:40 kf joined #koha
11:40 talljoy1 joined #koha
11:42 talljoy1 left #koha
11:42 talljoy1 joined #koha
11:42 talljoy1 left #koha
11:49 gmcharlt joined #koha
12:02 NateC joined #koha
12:18 tcohen joined #koha
12:20 zioha joined #koha
12:28 Oak joined #koha
12:30 zioha oak
12:30 Oak zioha
12:30 Oak :)
12:30 zioha i have a question for you
12:30 Oak Internet is not working here properly... I may disappear
12:30 zioha it's about web installer
12:30 Oak yes sure
12:30 zioha yes
12:31 zioha it is not working
12:31 Oak it still says "It Works"?
12:31 zioha i have typed "localhost:8080" but web installer is not showing anything
12:31 zioha yes
12:32 zioha it says "it works"
12:32 zioha only
12:32 Oak magnuse around?
12:32 kf Oak++
12:32 magnuse somewhat :-)
12:33 Oak :) how do we run the web installer ?
12:33 magnuse sounds like zioha needs to get rid of the default site
12:33 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:34 magnuse "sudo a2dissite default" then "sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload"
12:34 Oak a2dissite default
12:34 Oak yup
12:34 Oak zioha, try what magnuse said.
12:34 zioha ok
12:34 zioha thanks
12:36 Oak let us know
12:36 Oak my ping reply is 28 seconds :(
12:36 jcamins_away Oak: 650$a is not repeatedable.
12:37 Oak so i should make it not-repeatable like it was by default?
12:38 jcamins Yes.
12:39 Oak done :) Thank you!
12:41 edveal joined #koha
12:42 kf hi jcamins :)
12:42 jcamins Morning.
12:42 wahanui morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
12:42 zioha Oak it show message "site default already disabled"
12:43 zioha when i type in browser "localhost"
12:43 zioha "system maintenance"
12:44 zioha the koha online catalog is offline .... site administrator
12:44 Oak when I showed the OPAC to my boss, he said it looks more about Koha and less about the library itself... and pointed out many things that needs to be done in the OPAC...
12:45 Oak and when you type localhost:8080 what does it show?
12:45 zioha 1 minute
12:46 zioha unable to connect
12:47 jcamins zioha: you need to tell Apache to listen on port 8080.
12:47 jcamins Open up /etc/apache2/ports.conf
12:47 jcamins Add the line "Listen 8080"
12:47 Oak and add Listen 8080
12:47 Oak :)
12:47 jcamins Then restart Apache.
12:47 zioha thanks jcamins and Oak
12:48 Oak does it work now?
12:49 zioha yes
12:49 zioha it works
12:49 Oak \o/
12:49 zioha lol
12:49 Oak :) dinner confirmed.
12:49 zioha thanks
12:50 zioha oooooKay
12:50 zioha now i am going to my take class
12:51 Oak okay. later.
12:51 zioha i shall be back at 10:00 PM
12:51 Oak okay good.
12:51 zioha okay by
12:51 Oak Allah hafiz.
12:51 zioha Allah Hafiz
12:58 Oak jcamins, the fields that are set as not repeatable by default in Koha are they *actually* not repeatable as a rule?
12:58 jcamins Generally.
12:58 chris_n g'morning
12:59 jcamins There are exceptions, where the standards changed, or where the developer made a mistake, but generally speaking, what is in the default framework is accurate.
12:59 jcamins Good morning.
12:59 Oak hmm.
13:00 Oak Good Morning chris_n
13:00 Oak jcamins, what about 245$c? Author name...
13:00 nengard joined #koha
13:00 jcamins Oak: not repeatable.
13:01 Oak but when a book has multiple authors where do we put them?
13:01 jcamins In 245$c.
13:01 jcamins In 245$c you transcribe *exactly* what it says on the title page.
13:01 jcamins You then use 100 and 700 fields for authority-controlled forms.
13:02 jcamins You should read an introduction to AACR2.
13:02 Oak okay got it. will do that now...
13:02 libsysguy joined #koha
13:02 Oak thank you!
13:02 jcamins Also, you should read this:
13:03 libsysguy is 3.8.1 supposed to release this week?
13:03 jcamins Think so.
13:03 jcamins 3.6.5 will be coming out Thursdayish.
13:04 libsysguy sweet!
13:04 Oak jcamins++
13:04 kf jcamins++
13:10 Oak "When more than 3 authors have the same function, give only the first name followed by [et al.]"
13:10 Oak and when there are three authors or two authors?
13:10 Oak hmm... let me dig more
13:11 jcamins Oak: you just transcribe.
13:11 Oak hmm.
13:11 kf Oak: you use 245$c for the authors as listed on the book and put the nice names in 1xx 7xx fields
13:13 Oak i went and fetch me a book. should i write what's on the title page?
13:19 ago43 joined #koha
13:21 * chris_n digs out of the inbox :-P
13:22 jcamins Oak: yes.
13:22 Oak okay :)
13:23 Oak Business Statistics: [new line] A First Course [new line] Third Edition [new line] David M. Levine [new line] Timothy C. Krehbiel [new line] Mark L. Berenson
13:24 jcamins =245 10$aBusines statistics :$ba first course /$cDavid M. Levine, Timothy C. Krehbiel, Mark L. Berenson
13:24 jcamins =250 ##$aThird edition
13:25 Oak thank you jcamins :) me on phone hang on
13:29 oleonard joined #koha
13:29 chris_n paul_p: what needs to be done to get bug 7977 un-stuck from QA?
13:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Signed Off , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
13:30 chris_n hi oleonard
13:30 oleonard Hi #koha
13:30 paul_p hello #koha
13:32 paul_p chris_n = to un-stuck bug 7977, the best option is to bug the QA team, there are 40 bugs waiting for QA. I had hard times recently, things should be better next week (and this week I should be able to dedicate at least one day to QA/push)
13:32 paul_p chris_n = but i'm not alone in the QA team, so you can also bug mason, jonathan, ian and marcel ;-)
13:32 chris_n paul_p: maybe an email alias for the QA team would be nice :-)
13:32 chris_n ie
13:33 paul_p chris_n definetly yes !
13:33 kyleh joined #koha
13:33 chris_n
13:33 chris_n paul_p: how many QA members are required to QA before a bug is considered passing QA?
13:34 paul_p chris_n = just one !
13:34 Callender joined #koha
13:34 chris_n so jonathan says "I think these patchs can be passed QA."
13:34 chris_n is that enough
13:34 paul_p chris_n, yes, I don't know why he hasn't set the status
13:37 * chris_n looks around for jonathan
13:37 * jcamins sees someone who works in the same office as Jonathan. ;)
13:38 asaurat joined #koha
13:39 chris_n paul_p: I posted a comment requesting the status be set to accurately reflect the current status of the bug; I'd be grateful if you could pass that along as well
13:40 chris_n if there are further questions, perhaps setting the status to "In Discussion" would be good and then starting that discussion
13:40 paul_p chris_n ok, will check/do
13:40 chris_n tnx
13:40 Oak jcamins, thank you thank you!
13:40 paul_p jcamins = jonathan work 3 days a week from his home, and 2 days in BibLibre office (thu-fri), so he's not here today ;-)
13:41 Oak understood.
13:41 kyleh_ joined #koha
13:41 * chris_n wonders if "bug" includes all possible metaphorical implications of the term
13:46 Oak should I hide "MARC View" from the OPAC?
13:46 jcamins Oak: I don't see why.
13:46 * jcamins cheers
13:46 Joubu joined #koha
13:46 jcamins The heading flipper worked!
13:46 Oak heading flipper \o/
13:47 Oak jcamins++
13:47 Joubu Hi all
13:47 libsysguy *fist pump*
13:47 chris_n Joubu: hi
13:47 jcamins Now to use the super-awesome Koha::Cache...
13:47 Oak jcamins, I jsut saw cait's and they don't show it.
13:47 Oak so i asked... anyway. never mind.
13:47 chris_n Joubu: could you update 7977 status please :-)
13:48 jcamins Oak: it depends on your users.
13:48 Oak cool. okay.
13:49 Joubu chris_n: I don't passed QA this patch. I think a second "passed qa" is better.
13:50 Joubu it is a big patch :)
13:52 oleonard rangi++ # for lots of signoffs during my weekend
13:52 kf yep rangi++
13:52 * kf wishes virtualbox wold start cooperatiing
13:52 * jcamins too.
13:52 * libsysguy uses parallels
13:53 Oak rangi++
13:53 libsysguy but I think its mac only :-/
13:53 Oak oleonard++
13:54 anjoze Hi everybody.
13:55 anjoze I'm wondering if some one could help me with Zebra Unimarc configurations
13:56 anjoze My problem is the displayed results... they are not in the same correct order :(
13:58 jcamins libsysguy: VirtualBox actually works really well on Macs.
14:00 libsysguy well I had it installed but the seamless mode in parallels was so nice
14:03 kf there is a seamless mode for virtualbox too
14:03 kf although currently it's not working on my computer, only for my coworker
14:05 Joubu oleonard: the patch you proposed (Bug 7500) does not apply (have you rebased on current master ?). And it seems you forgot to add social-sprite.png
14:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7500 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Use CSS Sprites for faster page loading
14:06 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
14:09 chris_n Joubu: thanks
14:14 * wizzyrea waves
14:14 * magnuse waves back
14:14 chris_n heya wizzyrea
14:14 wahanui I LIKE SCIENCE
14:15 chris_n wahanui: can't you say anything else about wizzyrea?
14:15 wahanui chris_n: i don't know
14:17 wizzyrea hehe
14:17 oleonard Sorry Joubu I was away from my desk. You're right about the image being missing.
14:17 oleonard Joubu: But the new patch doesn't even apply?
14:20 collum joined #koha
14:20 jcamins Bug 8092.
14:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8092 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Koha should use CHI caching framework
14:21 schuster joined #koha
14:22 jcamins Good morning, schuster.
14:23 oleonard Weird, git bz seems to be leaving out the image file when it attaches the patch...
14:23 jcamins oleonard: did you forget git add?
14:23 oleonard Nope
14:25 jcamins oleonard: well, I'm out of ideas.
14:25 magnuse isn't the image supposed to be in the patch, in some kind of encoding?
14:25 schuster Heyo...
14:25 * jcamins looks around for members of the QA team.
14:26 jcamins Bug 8092 could do with some QAing.
14:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8092 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Koha should use CHI caching framework
14:26 jcamins It's a pretty cool performance improvement.
14:26 oleonard Joubu: I have tried again. Thanks for your patience.
14:27 jcamins schuster: I think you'd been asking about heading flipping. You'll be glad to know that a heading flipper script is in process.
14:29 chris_n it seems to me that the QA member passing a given patch should sign off on it
14:29 Guillaume left #koha
14:29 Joubu oleonard: Yes, but it failed. However julian_m can apply it...
14:29 Joubu I don't know why
14:29 * chris_n notes that that does not seem to be the pattern
14:31 thd-away` joined #koha
14:32 oleonard What is the "blib" directory and where did it come from?
14:32 laurence joined #koha
14:33 jcamins oleonard: it's from installation.
14:33 jcamins It's created by make.
14:33 jcamins make install copies files from there to where they belong.
14:33 oleonard So safe to delete after installation?
14:33 jcamins Yeah.
14:49 libsysguy oleonard how many of the forms in koha are done with ajax?
14:49 libsysguy i mean a rough estimate or percentage
14:49 oleonard Not many
14:49 jcamins clrh: around?
14:50 libsysguy oleonard is that something that we were thinking about moving toward?
14:50 clrh yep jcamins
14:50 clrh a bit busy but here
14:50 thd-away joined #koha
14:50 jcamins clrh: your solr demo has a really cool feature with subject tracings, where you click the tracing and it lets you choose which terms to search for.
14:51 oleonard libsysguy: I suppose the answer is yes, but that's a very broad question given the very different kinds of uses covered by "done with ajax"
14:51 clrh jcamins: you are talking about demo of "biblibre solr version" ?
14:51 libsysguy heh true story oleonard...I suppose just form submission in general, adding, deleting, etc
14:52 Guillaume joined #koha
14:52 oleonard libsysguy: It's all on a case by case basis.
14:52 oleonard libsysguy: If you see one you want to do, do it. No one is going through systematically
14:53 libsysguy ok thanks oleonard
14:53 oleonard Why do you ask libsysguy?
14:53 jcamins clrh: do you know if the code for that is in a branch somewhere?
14:53 jcamins Yes.
14:53 jcamins clrh: there may actually be a bug in Bugzilla for it, but I can't seem to find it right now.
14:53 clrh ok I see it is a feature sponsored by a customer
14:53 libsysguy more of a curious poke oleonard...I didn't really have anything in mind
14:54 clrh I'll try to find you the reference ;)
14:54 jcamins Thank you.
14:54 jcamins There was talk about integrating it into 3.6, but there wasn't time.
14:55 clrh it should be here:[…]UmxpRnRVUUE#gid=0 and if not, I'll add it
14:58 * oleonard is reaching bribing stage on Bug 4048
14:58 jcamins Bug 4048
14:59 * oleonard shakes huginn awake
14:59 jcamins oleonard: didn't I sign off on that?
14:59 oleonard jcamins: You did, but then there was an objection to that version of the patch
14:59 jcamins Ah.
15:00 jcamins I will try to sign off when I get a chance.
15:00 oleonard I resubmitted and julian_m submitted a couple of follow-ups
15:00 oleonard julian_m++
15:02 jcamins clrh: I just found the bug in Bugzilla. I just did a search in my e-mail and was able to find it. :) Bug 5888.
15:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5888 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , opac-detail subject/author links improvements
15:03 clrh great jcamins I found internal reference
15:03 kf left #koha
15:05 clrh ok jcamins thanks, I told Julian to look at it again
15:05 clrh and I add it in google doc
15:05 reiveune bye
15:05 reiveune left #koha
15:09 Guillaume1 joined #koha
15:10 nengard joined #koha
15:21 jcamins Cache statistics on the heading flipper for 1000 bibs: 536 hits/3246 misses
15:22 * jcamins runs it on 10k bibs.
15:37 logbot joined #koha
15:37 Topic for #koha is now Happy birthday rangi! Koha 3.80 and 3.6.4 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
15:38 asaurat left #koha
15:38 jcamins sample data?
15:38 jcamins wahanui: ?
15:38 wahanui jcamins: i don't know
15:40 jcamins sample data is[…]_sample_MARC_data
15:40 jcamins libsysguy: see the last link.
15:41 jcamins Nice! Cache statistics (hit/miss):              15769/27352
15:41 jcamins That was on 10k bibs.
15:42 libsysguy gracias jcamins
15:42 jcamins You know what could benefit from caching? serialized authority, and even bib records.
15:43 jcamins *bib,
15:44 jcamins Reading MARCXML files is *slow*.
15:46 jcamins In the 16 minute run, more than 2 minutes were devoted to parsing XML.
15:47 jcamins More than ten minutes were devoted to searching, of course.
15:53 jcamins gmcharlt: my reading of the POD for C4::Matcher is that it already would support match points for authorities. Does that match your recollection?
15:54 gmcharlt jcamins: yes, with two exceptions
15:55 gmcharlt first is a couple minor bits that refer only to biblio database tables
15:55 gmcharlt second would likely be the need for some additional work to create NACO-normalized headings for matching
15:56 gmcharlt but other than that, it's essentially nearly ready to handle authorities
15:56 jcamins Hm. If I create C4::Heading::new_from_auth_field() I should be able to use that in C4::Matcher.
15:58 melia joined #koha
16:05 jcamins @quote search typo
16:05 huginn jcamins: 2 found: #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} -..." and #82: "<pianohack> nengard: If you were using a..."
16:05 jcamins @quote get 135
16:05 huginn jcamins: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
16:08 adnc joined #koha
16:11 clrh bye
16:28 paul_p chris_n wow ... bug 7977 is a huge patch to QA ! I understand why jonathan suggested another QA.
16:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Signed Off , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
16:29 paul_p chris_n = is there something urgent with this patch ? (more than a bugfix, or an old-timer ENH ?)
16:29 chris_n paul_p: it is hard to keep rebased (to echo a very common refrain)
16:30 chris_n I have no plans to keep it rebased beyond the next month
16:30 jcamins It touches very little in the way of core functionality, so it's pretty safe.
16:31 chris_n ^^
16:31 chris_n paul_p: it is really very simple
16:31 jcamins In fact, it touches no core functionality at all.
16:31 chris_n and takes very little time to QA
16:31 chris_n I have addressed all of jonathan's concerns as well as oleonards
16:32 chris_n and jacamins for that matter as well
16:32 jcamins jcamins', too. :P
16:32 chris_n heh
16:32 paul_p chris_n = there are 40 patches waiting for QA, many/most of them having a good reason to be applied. I'll take care of it ASAP, but I hope other QA members will do first ! (thanks for your email to them)
16:32 chris_n sorry... syntax
16:33 chris_n paul_p: thanks
16:35 gaetan_B1 bye !
16:52 adnc joined #koha
16:53 laurence left #koha
16:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7704 -Fix bug that prevent items to be returned to home branch, when independentb... <[…]d74198ade735dc620> / Bug 8106: DataTables integration in ACQ: <[…]438f926a8d94e9621> / Bug 7604 - Link on basket group name for closed basket group
17:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #730 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:02 cait joined #koha
17:04 cait bug 7804
17:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7804 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Add Koha Plugin System
17:15 zioha joined #koha
17:16 jcamins cait: I commented on that one so that my concerns are recorded somewhere.
17:16 cait ah, yes
17:16 cait I think this is a difficult one ot get right
17:16 jcamins Agreed.
17:16 cait security being the biggest concern
17:19 bag left #koha
17:19 bag joined #koha
17:19 jcamins Yeah. I outlined what I thought would be necessary to make a plugin system sufficiently secure to be a candidate for inclusion.
17:19 Oak joined #koha
17:20 Oak kia ora #koha
17:20 cait I read it - makes sense to me
17:20 cait perhaps we could get semarie to comment too?
17:20 cait and did I get the nick right? hm.
17:20 jcamins I think you did, yes.
17:20 Oak Happy Birthday rangi :o)
17:30 Oak guys, if someone does apt-get install koha-common he/she will get 3.8 installed. what if we want to install 3.6.4 for some reason using Debian packages? how will that be done?
17:31 jcamins Oak: at the moment, it can't be. eythian and I will be setting it up so that there will be an oldstable option which will get 3.6.5.
17:31 Oak Guten abend cait
17:31 cait hi Oak :)
17:31 Oak cool.
17:31 Oak thanks!
17:31 Oak how was your day cait ?
17:33 cait don't ask ;)
17:34 Oak understood.
17:34 Oak so tell me what happened?
17:34 Oak :) never mind
17:34 Oak kidding
17:35 Oak me go dinner time. bbl.
17:40 jcamins gmcharlt: do you know of any reason I couldn't change use C4::Search into require C4::Search?
17:40 jcamins (and explicitly scope the calls into C4::Search)
17:40 jcamins Change it in C4::Matcher.
17:40 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
17:41 jcamins Sorry, it probably helps when I provide context.
17:41 wahanui joined #koha
17:44 gmcharlt jcamins: offhand, I can't think of any reason not to
17:45 jcamins gmcharlt: thanks.
17:46 nengard is there a working 3.8.1 release notes doc? Some way to see the bugs pushed - other than the git log?
17:51 jcamins nengard: not to my knowledge.
17:51 nengard k
17:52 rangi yep there is, check the branch
17:52 jcamins Oh, apparently there is.
17:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #730: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/730/
17:55 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 7175: cosmetic changes
17:55 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 7175: Allow to choose which items to receive
17:55 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8077 - overdues with fines won't run
17:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7175 enhancement, P2, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Improve order receiving page
17:55 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7604 - Link on basket group name for closed basket groups is broken
17:55 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8106: DataTables integration in ACQ:
17:55 jenkins_koha * meenakshi.r: Bug 7704 -Fix bug that prevent items to be returned to home branch, when independentbranches and canreservefromotherbranch sysprefs are both turned on.
17:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8077 critical, P1 - high, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , overdues with fines won't run
17:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7604 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Link on basket group name for closed basket groups is broken
17:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8106 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , DataTables in Acquisision module:
17:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7704 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, meenakshi.r, Pushed to Master , Independent Branches sys pref change to let librarians choose which things to share
17:59 nengard jcamins:[…]2390843703af14de9
17:59 jcamins nengard: nifty. I guess I should be putting the 3.6.5 ones up.
17:59 jcamins Later.
18:01 mbalmer joined #koha
18:15 bag @wunder 93109
18:16 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 19.5°C (11:15 AM PDT on May 21, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.96 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
18:19 rangi right we just need the .po files and 3.8.1 is ready to go
18:20 Oak everyone++
18:27 chris_n rangi++
18:28 * chris_n spent a half hour this morning troubleshooting why circulation would not only to find that having ceilingDueDate set to an historic date causes silent failures
18:28 zioha joined #koha
18:28 chris_n silent_failures--
18:32 rangi silent_failuers--
18:32 rangi heh
18:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #19 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:32 rangi typos--
18:32 chris_n lol
18:33 chris_n but then, its monday
18:37 libsysguy for the record, calendars happen to really complex beasts
18:38 rangi they do indeed
18:38 * libsysguy is trying to come up with a better schema for overduerules
18:40 rangi
18:40 wahanui is, like, the website presentation
18:56 rangi @wunder nzwn
18:56 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (6:00 AM NZST on May 22, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
18:56 libsysguy left #koha
19:03 Oak night guys
19:04 hdl joined #koha
19:24 * jcamins yawns and taps his toes impatiently.
19:24 jcamins I much prefer the speed of indexing authorities to the speed of indexing biblios.
19:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #19: SUCCESS in 54 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/19/
19:25 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8077 - overdues with fines won't run
19:25 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7604 - Link on basket group name for closed basket groups is broken
19:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8077 critical, P1 - high, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Stable , overdues with fines won't run
19:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7604 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Link on basket group name for closed basket groups is broken
19:28 * jcamins runs away screaming from C4::AuthoritiesMarc::GuessAuthId.
19:35 cait jcamins: it's not something you wrote then?
19:35 jcamins cait: no.
19:36 * cait sends cookies
19:36 jcamins I've come to the conclusion that the code will actually work, inaccurate documentation notwithstanding.
19:38 adnc joined #koha
19:39 nengard joined #koha
19:39 nengard left #koha
19:44 mbalmer joined #koha
19:45 rangi fredericd++
19:53 * chris_n surmises that po files have been created
19:53 chris_n heya cait
19:54 rangi Yep
19:54 rangi Will pull them in and release today
19:55 chris_n nice!
19:55 chris_n rangi++
19:55 chris_n fredericd__
19:55 chris_n fredericd++
19:55 chris_n heh
19:56 jcamins rangi++
19:56 jcamins fredericd++
19:57 cait fredericd++ rangi++ and hi chris_n :)
19:57 jcamins Is this reindex *ever* going to finish?
19:57 wizzyrea nope.
19:57 wizzyrea it's going to die on bib 599999 of 600k
19:58 * wizzyrea gets out the evil
19:58 jcamins Yeah, I know.
19:58 jcamins In hindsight I should've switched to a smaller database for this next part.
20:00 rangi Can we do checkpoints?
20:00 rangi That would be cool
20:00 jcamins I'm not sure. I think Zebra can handle them.
20:00 jcamins Of course, we don't have the code in place to do it even if Zebra can.
20:00 rangi Right
20:01 rangi Hackfest idea :)
20:01 rangi Incremental reindex
20:02 jcamins There's rebuild_zebra_sliced.
20:02 jcamins In bugzilla.
20:03 mbalmer It gives me a headache that edinburgh is so soon...
20:03 cait it makes me excited :)
20:04 mbalmer yes, me, too, of some sort.
20:04 mbalmer really looking forward to it, but there is so much we need in Koha, it is scary...
20:06 cait I think you will find out people can manage without all those features they claim to want
20:06 cait and need
20:06 cait not without all of them, but there is always a bigger part
20:06 mbalmer and after all, it wikl be great fun to meet koha folks.
20:06 mbalmer even if we don't code a single line
20:07 kathryn joined #koha
20:10 kathryn morning
20:11 cait hi kathryn :)
20:11 kathryn hey cait!
20:11 cait how was the ferry? brrr again?
20:11 kathryn it was, but 3 degrees warmer by the time I got to town
20:13 rangi Bbiab
20:14 cait brr
20:17 jcamins mbalmer: you should be sure to make sure the community knows what you're working on by filing bugs explaining the functionality. It helps cut down on duplicated work.
20:18 mbalmer that is tha case.
20:19 mbalmer (I hope...)
20:19 jcamins Oh, I hadn't noticed you filing bug reports. :)
20:19 jcamins Oh, you mean you're going to be. Good!
20:19 mbalmer not for the SIPServer, I guess.
20:20 mbalmer but yes, I filed a pr for that one.
20:20 mbalmer so many bugs, so little time...
20:21 jcamins Yes indeed. And puzzles.
20:22 jcamins Like, is there any good way to take advantage of Zebra's scan functionality for authorities.
20:22 jcamins *?
20:23 cait it would be nice
20:23 cait can yo make it work for umlauts?
20:23 * cait has a bug report for scan and umlauts somewhere in there
20:23 jcamins Yeah, alphabetization will be off for umlauts.
20:23 cait meh.
20:24 cait :)
20:26 jcamins \o/
20:26 jcamins The reindex finished!
20:29 * jcamins is faced with a choice: algorithm A, or algorithm B. Algorithm A has a complexity of O(n^n), but is easy to implement. Algorithm B has a complexity of O(n^2) but is difficult to implement. Why does it always work out like that?
20:30 jcamins Oh yes, and we're looking at result set sizes in the millions.
20:30 jcamins (no, that isn't really a choice... that was just for dramatic effect)
20:30 cait lol
20:43 nengard joined #koha
21:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #20 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:38 rangi 3.8.1 released
21:38 jcamins Woohoo!
21:38 jcamins rangi++
21:39 cait rangi++ :)
21:39 * wizzyrea throws confetti
21:39 rangi brb getting coffee
21:39 wizzyrea a well deserved one.
21:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #20: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/20/
21:54 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating release notes for 3.8.1
21:54 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Koha 3.8.1 Translation Update
22:04 edveal left #koha
22:07 cait left #koha
22:10 rangi hmm i cant remember the magic foo to post an announcement to mbreedings site
22:12 jcamins rangi: e-mail him?
22:13 jcamins I didn't think it was automated.
22:17 rangi i seem to remember some form you could submit
22:17 rangi but i might be dreaming
22:17 jcamins Not sure, sorry.
22:18 nengard rangi
22:18 nengard it's at the bottom of his site
22:18 nengard it says something like contact marshall
22:18 rangi thanks :)
22:18 nengard but it basically emails him
22:18 rangi ah that will work
22:18 nengard I posted to foss4lib already :)
22:18 rangi cool
22:18 nengard and now i must go take my girl to the vet yet again
22:19 nengard maybe this time we get an answer
22:19 nengard left #koha
22:28 gmcharlt rangi++
22:36 rangi <-- maybe?
22:38 melia left #koha
22:39 gmcharlt rangi: to announce?  sure, why not
22:39 * rangi gives it a crack
22:39 gmcharlt I think Marshall's also fine with being emailed directly
22:40 rangi righto
23:01 rangi gmcharlt++
23:04 Space_Librarian joined #koha
23:04 Space_Librarian Hey all you lovely people!
23:04 rangi hi Space_Librarian
23:05 Space_Librarian did you have a good birthday?
23:05 Space_Librarian Was there cake?
23:05 rangi nice and quiet, and nothing broke, so im happy
23:05 Space_Librarian hooray!
23:06 papa joined #koha
23:07 Space_Librarian hey papa
23:07 papa hi there!
23:11 Space_Librarian quick question from Marisa: does "holds filled" = "issued"?
23:11 rangi yep
23:11 Space_Librarian thank you. :)
23:26 kyleh_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary