IRC log for #koha, 2012-04-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 rangi hi Irma
00:07 Irma good day rangi
00:09 Irma back soon ...
00:09 jcamins_away Hehe. Bug 7989.
00:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7989 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , RIS export file type incorrect
00:09 jcamins_away That's a rabbit hole I don't want to go down.
00:29 jcamins_away I'm surprised it took almost until bug 8000 for someone to notice.
00:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8000 was not found.
03:11 hdl joined #koha
03:13 chris_n hi hdl
03:13 * chris_n heads off to find sleep
03:14 hdl hi chris_n
03:14 hdl good night
03:26 hdl joined #koha
03:28 hdl1 joined #koha
04:19 cait joined #koha
04:40 eythian hi
04:40 cait morning #koha
04:50 Oak joined #koha
04:50 Oak kia ora #koha
04:50 cait hi Oak :)
04:51 Oak hello cait :)
05:05 bshum joined #koha
05:29 sophie_m joined #koha
05:49 mtj any biblibrarian about yet?
05:50 mtj aah, still a little early for france
06:14 sophie_m left #koha
06:32 Oak joined #koha
06:32 francharb joined #koha
06:33 francharb good morning
06:33 cait good morning francharb
06:33 cait hi mt
06:33 cait mtj
06:33 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:33 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 5.7°C (8:29 AM CEST on April 23, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
06:34 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:41 alex_a joined #koha
06:43 laurence joined #koha
06:43 laurence joined #koha
06:46 marcelr joined #koha
06:47 marcelr hi koha
06:47 julian_m joined #koha
06:51 mib_w3p3af joined #koha
06:53 cait left #koha
06:53 alex_a bonjour
06:53 mib_9q958v joined #koha
06:54 hdl joined #koha
06:54 mib_9q958v is it necessary to keep shelving location
06:58 laurence joined #koha
06:59 hdl1 joined #koha
07:03 reiveune joined #koha
07:03 reiveune hello
07:08 julian_m hi
07:08 wahanui niihau, julian_m
07:09 esofiane joined #koha
07:10 esofiane Hello #koha
07:14 asaurat joined #koha
07:24 magnuse @arewethereyet
07:24 huginn magnuse: YES!
07:24 magnuse w00t!
07:26 mveron joined #koha
07:27 mveron Good morning #koha
07:27 magnuse hiya mveron
07:28 mveron hiya magnuse
07:32 esofiane joined #koha
07:33 mveron server related question: About koha->Perl modules shoews DateTime::TimeZone 1.20 in orange
07:33 mveron apt-show-versions indicates libdatetime-timezone-perl/squeeze uptodate 1:1.20-1+2010k
07:33 mveron Wrong package?
07:35 Irma hi all in #koha
07:35 magnuse kia ora Irma!
07:35 mveron hi Irma
07:35 magnuse mveron: looks like the newest version on cpan is 1.46
07:35 Irma hi magnuse we have not spoken for a while ...
07:35 magnuse too true!
07:36 Irma magnuse ... Me too I am excited oabout your family growing :-)
07:36 magnuse hehe, yay!
07:36 Irma magnuse how many more weeks?
07:36 magnuse Irma: are you going t edinburgh?
07:36 magnuse Irma: about 9
07:36 Irma yes and Bob too
07:37 magnuse the due date is June 26
07:37 magnuse aww, so sorry not to meet you there!
07:38 Irma 9 weeks pass fast if you have to get the room ready, the wardrobe filled with little items of clozing ... like size 000 and 00
07:38 Irma clothing
07:38 magnuse hehe
07:38 magnuse well, we got most of that covered already, i think
07:39 Irma wel done!
07:39 magnuse our guest room is turned into a children's room, and all the gear should be in place
07:39 magnuse the wife is in real "nest building" mode :-)
07:39 Irma for our first one we decided to wall paper the ceiling and that took some trial and error and lots of fun!
07:39 magnuse hehe
07:40 magnuse we just stuck some glow in the dark stars up there
07:40 Irma cute paper (French) blue with yellow stars ...
07:40 magnuse ooh, sounds lovely
07:40 Irma glow in the dark was still in the dark in 1983!
07:41 magnuse hehe, that's progress for you! :-)
07:41 Irma I'll keep my fingers crossed that all keeps growing as it should :-)
07:42 Irma question ... who can edit the[…]a_Users_Worldwide pages?
07:42 Irma I have a few new libraries to add
07:42 magnuse Irma: thanks!
07:42 rangi It's a wiki anyone can :)
07:42 magnuse Irma: anyone with an account on the wiki can edit pages
07:43 Irma well not so for me when I tried rangi ;-)
07:43 Irma rangi I can login to the page but not save the changes
07:46 Irma rangi See: Irma my talk my preferences my watchlist my contributions log out
07:47 Irma == Oceania  ==
07:47 Irma {| class="wikitable sortable"
07:47 Irma |-
07:47 Irma ! Country
07:47 Irma ! Location
07:47 Irma ! Library Type
07:47 Irma ! Library Name
07:47 Irma ! Contact Name
07:47 Irma ! Notes
07:50 rangi There's nothing special about the page if you can edit any page you can edit it
07:51 Irma Ok ... I have tried again and the "Can't edit this page" message did not appear and all is good...
07:53 rangi Hmm you are editing the Oceania page eh?
07:53 Irma was and will again in a minute
07:54 rangi The users are now split up into continental pages
07:54 Irma no kidding ... I could not save my changes
07:54 rangi Because you were editing an old page?
07:55 Irma yes ===oceania==== page
07:55 Irma[…]s/Oceania#Oceania
07:56 Irma is this the old page?
07:57 Irma Pages in category "Participation"[…]ory:Participation  ... K cont. Koha Users Worldwide
07:58 asaurat joined #koha
07:59 kf joined #koha
07:59 kf hi #koha
08:01 magnuse guten tag kf
08:01 kf hi magnuse
08:01 sophie_m joined #koha
08:01 kf hi sophie_m :)
08:02 sophie_m hi kf :-)
08:03 mveron hi kf
08:06 kf hi mveron
08:06 kf how was the lamp?
08:06 kf lamb...
08:06 mveron Lecker...
08:07 mveron There is some mor waiting for lunch...
08:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:10 gaetan_B hello :)
08:11 kf hi gaetan_B
08:18 Guillaume joined #koha
08:21 magnuse does anyone know how far "Kuali OLE" ( has been developed?
08:21 rangi Release late, release rarely
08:21 magnuse hehe
08:21 rangi That's my only comment
08:22 kf I was at a presentation recently
08:22 kf trying to remember the time frame
08:22 magnuse according to it should be ready for implementation in december 2012
08:22 kf but I think it was september?
08:22 kf for a 1.0 release
08:22 kf ah, see, i got it wrong
08:22 magnuse that page says 1.0 in december
08:22 kf I think I meant the 0.8
08:22 kf in august
08:22 magnuse yeah, right ;-)
08:22 kf lol
08:23 kf ok, never ask me something about times and dates and numbers
08:23 magnuse hehe
08:23 rangi Anyone who makes up their own license is worrying about the wrong things
08:23 magnuse good one!
08:23 magnuse - lots of "stuff" there
08:23 magnuse but "Kuali Open Library Environment (OLE) - Coming soon"
08:24 kf the whole development is done by one single company in india
08:24 magnuse ah, interesting
08:25 rangi Yeah specced by committee
08:25 rangi Built by one company
08:25 rangi Kinda the opposite
08:25 rangi Very old school dev model
08:25 magnuse yup
08:26 magnuse i'm writing a blog post about why BIBSYS should ditch oclc and go for open source
08:26 magnuse and was wondering if ole should be mentioned as an option
08:27 rangi Well theirs is community source
08:27 rangi I wouldn't, but that's just opinion
08:28 magnuse community source?
08:28 rangi Evergreen, newgenlib and koha
08:28 rangi Yeah they made that up too
08:28 kf magnuse: they call it community source
08:28 kf but I think people have problems to undestand the difference
08:29 drojf joined #koha
08:29 drojf hi #koha
08:29 rangi It's using what looks like open source purely as a marketing tool
08:29 rangi Like some others we know
08:30 magnuse hehe
08:30 * magnuse sees java and windows and runs away
08:34 kf magnuse:
08:39 paul_p joined #koha
08:40 rangi Hi Paul
08:40 slef hi all
08:40 magnuse kia ora paul_p
08:40 magnuse @arewethereyet
08:40 huginn magnuse: YES!
08:42 asaurat joined #koha
08:42 paul_p hi magnuse & al.
08:43 kf hi paul_p
08:43 kf happy release day :)
08:43 paul_p kf s/release day/holiday/ ;-) (just after releasing)
08:44 kf brave
08:44 * paul_p has checked that none of the patch in "passed QA" status need to be pushed
08:46 * paul_p has checked that non of the patches in "signed off" status need to be pushed before releasing
08:47 magnuse guess bug 7984 never got a signoff...
08:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7984 major, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Fix the upload_local_cover_images permission
08:52 kf paul_p: oh yes, that is a good one and only affects sample files
08:52 kf so should be save
08:55 kf paul_p: don't forget the po files :)
08:57 kf I scared him away
08:57 paul_p joined #koha
09:03 chris_n` joined #koha
09:05 asaurat1 joined #koha
09:05 slef added 3 more submissions to[…]2_Schedule#Papers
09:06 rangi Cool
09:06 slef assuming most talks get through, we've just about the right number
09:07 rangi Excellent
09:07 paul_p pfeww... my internet connexion at home is really slow !
09:09 paul_p slef my proposal "community organisation + using sandbox" can probably fit in 30+15mn if you need to free a few minuts
09:10 Oak joined #koha
09:13 mbalmer joined #koha
09:13 mbalmer m'ning
09:14 mbalmer mveron, around?
09:14 mveron mbalmer: yes
09:14 slef paul_p: it depends if any papers are withdrawn or rejected. What would be good is a length for "Koha 3.8, what's new?"
09:15 mtj paul_p:  about for a quick question re: image-carousel on Ouest Provence?
09:15 paul_p slef 30mn ? (not more)
09:15 paul_p mtj = I'm probably not the man you should ask. reiveune are your here ?
09:16 reiveune paul_p: yes
09:16 paul_p reiveune, mtj has a question for you about Ouest-Provence image carousel I think
09:17 mtj heya reiveune :)
09:17 reiveune ok, hi mtj :)
09:17 mtj is the folder with images created automatically? or by a librarian?
09:17 reiveune by a librarian
09:17 mtj very nice work! , too :)
09:18 reiveune thanks ;)
09:18 mtj ah, yes i guessed so...
09:19 mtj hmmm, next step - to automate the image creation in that folder...
09:19 mtj ok, thanks for the info
09:20 reiveune you're welcome
09:20 kf paul_p: will you push oleonard's patch too for the new design?
09:20 paul_p kf the follow-up you mean ? it is pushed (unless i made a mistake)
09:20 * paul_p can't check because translations are being merged)
09:20 kf checking
09:21 kf hm
09:21 kf not showing up on git.koha-community.yet
09:21 paul_p kf yes, because I haven't pushed yet. But I confirm it is on my computer
09:21 rangi That other grumpy Paul will complain again otherwise
09:21 rangi :)
09:21 paul_p :)
09:23 kf found it in the commit mail :)
09:25 kf oh wow, chinese is almost done for 3.8
09:25 kf didn't know chinese was so complete :)
09:25 magnuse cool
09:36 mveron joined #koha
09:41 reiveune1 joined #koha
09:42 mle_ ¬¬
09:42 kf hi mle
09:42 kf mle_:
09:46 mveron mbalmer: Was disconnected, back ow
09:46 vfernandes joined #koha
09:49 mle_ : )
09:49 vfernandes hi guys :)
09:51 vfernandes can someone help me with on thing related to Koha catalog searches?
09:51 drojf depends on the thing ;)
09:51 vfernandes in my installations the ordering by callnumber is not working
09:52 vfernandes searching by callnumber works fine, but ordering doesn't work
09:52 vfernandes any idea of what could be?
09:57 drojf maybe your setting for DefaultClassificationSource? not sure if that is relevant to sorting
09:58 kf I think it might be
09:58 kf vfernandes: in your items tabel- is cn_sort filled?
09:59 vfernandes i don't know what that configuration does.... i didn't understand the question kf
10:00 kf sorry, I have to go
10:00 kf vfernandes: there is a field in the items table
10:00 kf called cn_sort
10:00 kf that will be filled with a sorting form of the callnumber
10:00 kf according to your setting for classification source in 952$2
10:07 vfernandes PS__132_ALLNAT por exemplo no item number 1
10:07 vfernandes * for example in the item number 1
10:08 vfernandes and the itemcallnumber is PS.132 ALL*Nat
10:08 magnuse vfernandes: is that what it looks like in the database too? in the field that kf mentioned?
10:09 mib_o2382b joined #koha
10:10 vfernandes itemcallnumber = PS.132 ALL*Natcn_sort:
10:10 vfernandes itemcallnumber = PS.132 ALL*Nat
10:10 vfernandes cn_sort = PS__132_ALLNAT
10:11 magnuse and does that reflect how you want the sorting to be done?
10:12 vfernandes the sorting does not work at all
10:12 magnuse it's completely random?
10:13 mib_o2382b crone job for zebra with -z  should be excecuted from root or koha
10:13 mib_o2382b ???
10:14 mtj mib_o2382b:  koha, read the faq
10:14 vfernandes yes... for example "MQ.103 FER*Aná" before "9" and before "G.103 GON*Efi"
10:16 vfernandes in 0-9 A-Z... if i change to Z-A 9-0 the order is the same
10:18 vfernandes any idea magnuse?
10:19 magnuse sorry vfernandes, not really
10:19 vfernandes :/
10:20 vfernandes this thing is strange
10:21 drojf1 joined #koha
10:23 drojf1 vfernandes: not sure about that, but maybe it's neccessary to rebuild the index after changing the sort order? did you try that?
10:25 vfernandes drojf1... i didn't change anything
10:30 drojf1 (12:15:21) vfernandes: in 0-9 A-Z... if i change to Z-A 9-0 the order is the same
10:30 drojf1 you said you did ;)
10:31 vfernandes in the staff client interface
10:31 vfernandes "Sort By:"
10:36 drojf1 vfernandes: works fine for me. sorry, no idea
10:45 kf back
10:45 kf hi drojf1
10:46 drojf1 hi kf :)
10:50 drojf1 off to visit my library
10:50 jenkins_koha Starting build #718 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:51 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Release notes for 3.8.0 <[…]0e2410320141f786e> / fixing missing " in french syspref file <[…]7f69b3f3c870ab015> / Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7979' <[…]40c6eb3c3f5bbcd62
10:55 paul_p rangi are you about or sleeping ?
10:55 kf hm 11 pm in nz now
10:56 paul_p yep. I think 3.8.0 won't be released today ... "make manifest tardist" don't work :(((( (and i'm totally unable to fix this kind of problem)
10:56 paul_p will send a mail to koha-devel to ask for help
10:57 kf what is your error message? perhaps someone else around here can help?
11:00 madhu joined #koha
11:01 rangi Did u try building the tarbalk with the git command instead? And what's the error, and have u been doing dome test installs?
11:02 kf @later tell slef - if you need something to be reviewed - I will have time tonight
11:02 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
11:02 madhu joined #koha
11:03 madhu How to take out the spine labels
11:03 slef kf: I've a huge stack to be reviewed. I favour reviewing them in meeting on Wed. Would that be OK?
11:05 paul_p kf = mail to koha-devel on the way
11:05 paul_p kf mail sent
11:06 kf slef: sure
11:06 kf paul_p: mail what about?
11:06 kf you saw rangi's question?
11:06 paul_p kf i've sent a mail to koha-devel to explain the problem(s) i've
11:06 kf (13:01:13) rangi: Did u try building the tarbalk with the git command instead? And what's the error, and have u been doing dome test installs?
11:06 paul_p no, I missed rangi comment !
11:06 paul_p thx kf
11:06 kf sure...
11:07 rangi git push --tags
11:08 paul_p rangi++
11:08 rangi Dont need a 3.8.x yet, I can make that as release maint
11:09 Oak joined #koha
11:09 kf rangi++
11:10 kf slef: sure :) so Wednesday then :)
11:15 kf paul_p: does it work now?
11:15 Oak rangi++
11:16 paul_p kf the tarball, yes. the tag, not yet.
11:17 kf wellmoving forward
11:18 rangi git archive --format=tar --prefix=koha-$VERSION/ $BRANCH | gzip > releases/koha-$VERSION.tar.gz
11:20 paul_p rangi yes, the tarball is OK.
11:20 paul_p but I can't find the correct syntax to push the tag, or I don't have permission:
11:20 paul_p ! [remote rejected] v3.08.00 -> v3.08.00 (hook declined)
11:20 kf what command did you try?
11:20 paul_p (I tried: git push --tags v3.08.00
11:20 paul_p )
11:21 rangi you've tagged eh?
11:21 paul_p (my family is waiting for me for the lunch, will be back in 30mn)
11:21 paul_p rangi locally ? yes
11:21 rangi Then push it to master
11:21 paul_p push it to master ???
11:22 kf paul_p: if you go now
11:22 kf rangi will not be able to help you later on
11:22 paul_p yes, I know :\
11:22 rangi You are telling it to push to a non existant branch
11:22 kyleh joined #koha
11:22 rangi It's a normal push, just with --tags
11:23 kyleh joined #koha
11:23 rangi So push to master like normal
11:24 paul_p rangi seems I don't have permission to write to /home/uploads/files
11:24 paul_p (I can SSH, i'm uploading to ~)
11:25 kf paul: perhaps helps when you show what you are trying to do?
11:26 paul_p kf I try to upload the tarball to, but don't have write permission. uploading to ~ for instance. 99% chances it's just a permission problem
11:27 kf guess that's gmcharlt?
11:27 kf perhaps trying to solve the tagging first?
11:27 paul_p kf, maybe, but I think chris also can.
11:27 reiveune1 bye
11:27 paul_p kf = I have to do both at the same time, because it's very long...
11:28 reiveune1 left #koha
11:28 paul_p so, doing them in //
11:28 paul_p rangi I'm trying: git push --tags HEAD:v3.08.00
11:28 paul_p that's how I push usually.
11:29 rangi With v3.08.00 ?
11:29 kf I think without, because does not exist yet?
11:29 paul_p git tag -l show me v3.08.00
11:29 paul_p , yes
11:29 rangi That branch doesnt exist
11:29 paul_p (locally)
11:29 rangi That's a tag
11:29 rangi Not a branch
11:30 paul_p so I need a tag AND a branch named v3.08.00 ?
11:30 rangi No just don't try to push to v3.08.00
11:30 paul_p I should push to master ! gotcha !
11:30 * paul_p silly today
11:30 paul_p (maybe it's the "holiday effect" ;-) )
11:31 paul_p rangi so just git push --tags HEAD:master, right
11:32 rangi Yep
11:35 jwagner joined #koha
11:36 paul_p rangi still failed :  ! [remote rejected] v3.08.00 -> v3.08.00 (hook declined)
11:36 chris_n paul_p: I have a script to handle rolling the tarbal, md5, and friends
11:37 paul_p chris_n I think it's a little too late...
11:37 chris_n git push --tags origin should work if you have the remote set right
11:37 * chris_n has about 20 mins to help
11:37 rangi Leave out the head:master bit
11:37 chris_n if you need it
11:37 * chris_n hands rangi coffee
11:38 chris_n strong coffee ;-)
11:38 * paul_p trying git push --tags
11:38 * kf sends rangi chocolate
11:38 * paul_p think he already did (was my 1st try)
11:38 kf perhaps it's not tagged correctly locally?
11:39 paul_p kf how could I check ? when I do a git tag -l, I see the v3.08.00
11:39 kf not sure, but I am sure chris_n or rangi know
11:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #718: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/718/
11:40 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7979: New design for staff interface + fixes + css call moved
11:40 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7979 [FOLLOW-UP] New design for staff interface
11:40 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Koha 3.8.0 Translation Update
11:40 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: [PATCH] Bug 7979 [FOLLOW-UP] New design for staff interface, rights fix
11:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7979 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , New design for staff interface
11:40 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7979 tiny follow-up for translatability (string freeze)
11:40 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: fixing missing " in french syspref file
11:40 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Release notes for 3.8.0
11:40 NateC joined #koha
11:40 rangi want me to push the tag? and copy the files to the download dir?
11:41 chris_n paul_p does not have tag writing perms
11:42 paul_p rangi maybe that will be faster, but we will have to fix those problems later
11:42 * chris_n checked
11:42 chris_n om
11:42 paul_p chris_n how did you checked ?
11:42 rangi well, before the october 22
11:42 paul_p rangi yep ;-)
11:42 rangi can you fix his permissions chris_n
11:43 chris_n try now
11:43 paul_p ! [remote rejected] v3.08.00 -> v3.08.00 (hook declined)
11:43 paul_p again, it confirms something is not OK
11:43 chris_n om, adding another missing perm
11:44 nengard joined #koha
11:44 paul_p chris_n (do you know that om in Marseille means "Olympique de Marseille", the soccer team, not "One Moment" ;-) )
11:44 chris_n lol
11:44 chris_n try again please :)
11:45 * paul_p try again
11:45 chris_n you are ppoulain right?
11:45 paul_p chris_n I think so
11:45 paul_p why does he need to write so many objects ?
11:46 paul_p 10MB just to write a tag ?
11:46 chris_n ?
11:46 chris_n what command did you do?
11:46 paul_p git push --tags HEAD:master v3.08.00
11:46 chris_n hmm
11:46 chris_n I do 'git push --tags origin'
11:47 chris_n and it takes about 2 secs
11:47 paul_p I have some other remotes, including, that have many tags, that I don't wan't to push...
11:47 paul_p git push --tags origin
11:47 paul_p fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
11:47 paul_p git remote -v
11:47 paul_p (fetch)
11:47 paul_p (push)
11:47 paul_p catalystgit:// (fetch)
11:47 paul_p catalystgit:// (push)
11:47 paul_p koha-biblibregit:// (fetch)
11:47 paul_p koha-biblibregit:// (push)
11:47 paul_p libsysguygit:// (fetch)
11:47 paul_p libsysguygit:// (push)
11:47 paul_p origingit:// (fetch)
11:47 paul_p origingit:// (push)
11:47 paul_p ptfsgit:// (fetch)
11:47 paul_p ptfsgit:// (push)
11:49 rangi have you uploaded all the files, should be about 4 of them
11:49 rangi ill copy them over if so
11:50 paul_p 4 ? I've uploaded .tar.gz & .md5, so only 2
11:50 rangi hmm
11:50 rangi there should be a .sig
11:50 rangi and a MD5.asc too
11:51 rangi you did
11:51 paul_p for the MD5, I used md5sum koha-3.8.0.tar.gz > koha-3.8.0.tar.gz.MD5
11:51 rangi gpg -sb koha-$VERSION.tar.gz
11:51 rangi yep thats for it
11:51 rangi that one signs it
11:51 rangi the .sig
11:52 rangi and also
11:52 rangi gpg --clearsign koha-$VERSION.tar.gz.MD5
11:52 rangi to create the .asc
11:52 rangi so ppl can verify its all correct, and that you actually created it
11:53 paul_p rangi OK, i've the 4 files
11:53 * paul_p uploading the 2 that were missing
11:53 paul_p rangi = done, the 4 files are on /home/paulp
11:54 paul_p sh....t i've pushed all biblibre tags !!!
11:55 mbalmer huah, git repo is spamming me… ;)
11:55 paul_p 3 months ago
11:55 paul_p unilim_maj_120118
11:55 paul_p Livraison pré-production 18/01...  ...
11:55 paul_p mbalmer I think it's me
11:56 mbalmer yes, looks like a lot of works os going in
11:56 rangi there now
11:56 mbalmer work is going in, even
11:56 rangi the files that is
11:57 rangi ahhh crappy i have a repo that i only used for rm, so didnt have any other local tags
11:57 magnuse yay
11:57 rangi i can clean those out for you paul
11:58 paul_p rangi++ if you can clean them !
11:59 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:59 rangi the 3.8.0 tag is there now too at least
12:00 rangi can someone download and test the tarball please
12:00 rangi and ill start cleaing tags
12:02 mib_ex6ial joined #koha
12:03 paul_p rangi i'm writing a mail to koha-devel to ask someone to test installation, then will announce the release.
12:03 paul_p rangi thanks for your help
12:04 rangi one down, 50182 to go :)
12:04 paul_p rangi 50182 ? you're kidding, right ? there are 120 or something like that
12:05 paul_p (which is already a large number ;-) )
12:05 mib_ex6ial what is difference betwen zebra daemon and cronjob for specialy indexing purpose zebra -z
12:05 paul_p for the 1st time of my life, I think I should say git-- for pushing all tags references !
12:05 * paul_p head to lunch
12:09 magnuse just git pulled and now i get errors when i try to install nb-NO...
12:09 jcamins_away mib_ex6ial: under no circumstances should you use zebraqueue daemon.
12:09 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "lots of this..." (9 lines) at
12:11 rangi no one pull
12:12 rangi or if you do, you will get a pile of tags you dont want
12:12 rangi gimme another 30 mins or so to clear them out
12:12 * kf stays away from pulling
12:12 rangi but if ppl could test the .tar.gz that would be fine
12:12 * magnuse already did
12:13 rangi magnuse: read up on prune remote :)
12:13 rangi and git gc
12:13 rangi you will want it after i have finished :)
12:13 Oak joined #koha
12:14 magnuse hm, i think i pulled before the tags were pushed
12:14 magnuse git tag only lists 118 tags
12:14 mib_ex6ial so what should i do with zebraqueue daemon i thing it is runing on boot up
12:14 magnuse and they don't look like the ones from the emails
12:15 talljoy joined #koha
12:15 laurence left #koha
12:15 jcamins mib_ex6ial: don't run it. You need to run the Zebra daemon, but not zebraqueue daemon.
12:15 mib_ex6ial so should i stop it in configuration not to run on boot up
12:15 jcamins Yes.
12:18 kf magnuse: ouch - the paste looks bad :( same for german?
12:18 mib_ex6ial my cronjob for auto indexing is also not working zebra -z is it may be bcz of daemon
12:18 mib_ex6ial i am using live cd
12:18 rangi[…]p=koha.git;a=tags
12:18 rangi hows that look now?
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:19 rangi i freaking love xargs
12:19 kf :)
12:19 kf it looksok tome
12:19 kf I don't see anything that looks like biblibre
12:19 jcamins mib_ex6ial: I can't really offer any advice on the live cd, sorry. I never use it.
12:19 rangi yay
12:19 * magnuse neither
12:21 mib_ex6ial i am new to koha, installed koha with live cd and imported approx 20 k records which works fine, but opac not updating records after transaction may be due to zebra-z is not working
12:21 rangi repacking the repo now
12:22 mib_ex6ial please advice is there any other easy and friendly method to do the job on server machine i wanted to implement it in my library
12:22 alex_a kohacon
12:22 alex_a ?
12:23 alex_a wrong channel ...
12:23 jcamins mib_ex6ial: the live cd should just work. If it doesn't, I don't really know what to recommend.
12:24 mib_ex6ial ok means live cd should be suffient to do the job there may be some issue with configuration but what is the purpose of zebra daemon if we shoul not use it
12:24 oleonard Hi everyone
12:24 jcamins mib_ex6ial: it's deprecated.
12:25 rangi hi oleonard
12:25 jcamins mib_ex6ial: the new versions of the live cd do not use it.
12:25 jcamins mib_ex6ial: I'd encourage you to use the latest live cd.
12:25 mib_ex6ial which one should i use please help
12:25 jcamins mib_ex6ial: the latest one, whichever that is.
12:25 jcamins As I said, I don't use live cds.
12:26 collum joined #koha
12:26 mib_ex6ial it is 3.6.4 by mr vimal kumar
12:26 Oak when importing about 1300 patrons on om laptop (for testing), got a "Gateway Time-out" after about 10 minutes...
12:26 mib_ex6ial on sourceforge
12:26 rangi right, dropped the size or the repo down
12:26 jcamins mib_ex6ial: that seems pretty recent, then. You shouldn't need to change anything.
12:26 rangi so i think everything is cleaned up now
12:27 Oak is there some place where i am supposed to increase script running time?
12:27 mib_ex6ial but it uses daemon zebra let me test after stoping this
12:28 mib_ex6ial bcz when i am rebuilding index it daemon and zebra both shows
12:28 jcamins mib_ex6ial: you should have the Zebra daemon, not the zebraqueue daemon.
12:30 mib_ex6ial zebraqueue daemon ok i am stoping it on boot up and from where zebra-z should be executed i.e root or koha?
12:30 jcamins mib_ex6ial: whichever user it was set up by Vimal.
12:31 jcamins I have never--and will never--use the live cd, so I don't know anything about how it's configured.
12:32 mib_ex6ial he seted both the options for each cronjob like indexing, fines, overdue etc, but for indexing not activated any one
12:32 Oak *sigh*
12:33 mib_ex6ial he suggest me to use koha, so sholu i stop all others which excecute in root and try one by one
12:33 rangi Oak: you can increase the timeout in apache itself
12:33 jcamins mib_ex6ial: there's your answer, then.
12:33 rangi however, a better fix might be to chunk the file into 2 smaller bits
12:33 Oak where in apache? let me check httpd.conf again
12:33 rangi and an even better fix
12:34 mib_ex6ial ok thanks for your nice support
12:34 rangi rewrite the upload tool to use background processing, like the stage marc does :)
12:34 mib_ex6ial now i am going to try
12:34 jcamins rangi: and an even better better fix is to use chris_n's new upload code
12:34 jcamins ;)
12:35 rangi you'd still want background processing of some sort going on, (its not that actual upload timing out, its the db inserts)
12:35 rangi but yep doing all of it with ajax is the win
12:35 jcamins rangi: yeah, that's how chris_n is doing it, I think.
12:36 tcohen joined #koha
12:37 Oak okay added: Timeout 2000 in httpd.conf... trying again
12:39 rangi ok, time for sleep
12:39 oleonard rangi++
12:39 Oak good night rangi :)
12:39 Oak rangi++
12:40 magnuse rangi++ - and sleep tight!
12:41 jcamins rangi++
12:42 kf rangi++
12:43 magnuse well, that's weird - the .po file for nb-NO has lots of lines like "#, fuzzy" at the end, and each of them seems to result in 5 errors like this when i run "perl translate install nb-NO":
12:43 magnuse Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 466, <IN> line 89317.
12:43 magnuse Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 472, <IN> line 89317.
12:43 magnuse Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 472, <IN> line 89317.
12:43 magnuse Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 472, <IN> line 89317.
12:43 magnuse Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 343, <IN> line 89317.
12:44 magnuse removing the lines with "#, fuzzy" removes the errors
12:44 magnuse at least it looks like errors are not affecting the end result
12:48 * oleonard hopes no one feels about the staff client home page redesign like I feel about the GMail redesign
12:48 jcamins oleonard: did gmail change?
12:49 Irma1 joined #koha
12:49 * magnuse likes the new staff client home page
12:49 oleonard jcamins: they over hauled the interface to add horribleness
12:49 kf well... perhaps people will start using something else then :)
12:49 kf ;)
12:50 * oleonard has seen what kf uses :P
12:50 kf oleonard: hmpf
12:50 * kf does not have a choice
12:51 oleonard You're right. I do have a choice.
12:51 oleonard Now I feel like all my choices are bad ones.
12:51 * magnuse has not seen changes in gmail
12:53 ago43 joined #koha
12:53 edveal-away joined #koha
13:11 chris_n rangi++ # sleep well
13:11 chris_n oleonard: gmail... aka big brother?
13:11 oleonard Yeah, yeah.
13:11 oleonard But I'm trying to wean myself :)
13:12 oleonard Wishing for tool which offers a good interface.
13:12 oleonard Tried Thunderbird again after years away and it's just the same and just as bad.
13:12 * chris_n is too
13:12 chris_n TB is a memory *hog*
13:12 * chris_n will now clear his inbox of git spam :-)
13:15 * oleonard wishes he could quit Google Reader too :(
13:18 * chris_n goes off to fix the broken link on
13:21 chris_n well... add another opps to the mix
13:21 chris_n paul_p back yet?
13:22 chris_n ok, folks, I have accidentally deleted the tarbal for 3.8.0 so it will be unavailable for a bit... sorry :-P
13:23 jcamins chris_n: I think kf has a copy.
13:23 jcamins I have a copy, too, but we'd all die of old age before it finished uploading.
13:24 * chris_n looks toward kf
13:24 chris_n hoping she has a large data pipe
13:26 chris_n can you spell "monday"?
13:27 oleonard The release isn't official yet is it?
13:27 jcamins chris_n: "today"
13:28 oleonard This Monday is especially Mondayish.
13:28 chris_n jcamins: loading the quotes data into the db will need to be fixed up to be a background process as once we get >~20 quotes, the delay is noticeable on the user end
13:29 * chris_n keeps an eye out for 'rm -fr /' knowing it must be floating around in the m-ether somewhere
13:32 chris_n @later tell paul_p you should have perms on download.k-c now; please push the tarball back up as I accidentally deleted it while fixing the sym link
13:32 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
13:32 chris_n brb
13:38 kf todayi s not monday 13th, right? ;)
13:38 kf chris_n: can't you push it back up?
13:39 magnuse Ctrl+z ? ;-)
13:40 chris_n kf: if I had a copy I could
13:40 kf I have a copy...
13:41 chris_n jcamins: acutally the server-side script is non-blocking, so I don't think it should be a problem as the client can run async from it
13:41 chris_n kf: how to get it to me?
13:41 kf one moment :)
13:41 gmcharlt paul_p: chris_n: jcamins: rangi: any objections to doing garbage collection in the repo now, or is there more pushing to do for the next hour or so?
13:42 * jcamins has no objection.
13:42 jcamins And rangi is asleep.
13:42 chris_n gmcharlt: none from me
13:42 jcamins Oh, I owe you an SSH public key.
13:42 chris_n kf: somewhere I could wget it would be fantastic
13:43 kf chris_n: pm
13:43 magnuse and needs to be updated?
13:43 kf oh right
13:43 kf paul_p forgot those probably?
13:44 chris_n ouch
13:44 kf so perhaps we have to do a new tarball anyway?
13:44 chris_n gmcharlt: you may want to hold on
13:44 magnuse unless, i'm missing something
13:44 maximep joined #koha
13:44 gmcharlt chris_n: sure, I'm not going to do anything without positive confirmation from paul_p
13:44 kf paul_p: we need you rm
13:44 chris_n magnuse: those are easy to forget
13:45 chris_n I'll go ahead and put the original tarball back for now
13:45 nengard looking for report help (or ideas) -  list of unused item barcodes entering a range of barcodes - so if you enter 5000-6000 it tells you what numbers aren't used in that range
13:46 chris_n too bad we could not just link to the git snapshot link and have it autogen the signature files real-time
13:47 gmcharlt well, there's something to be said for the personal touch (re signing the tarball)
13:47 chris_n heh... its not been a good day for the personal touch ;-)
13:47 chris_n midas touch maybe?
13:47 jcamins gmcharlt: I sent you my SSH public key.
13:48 chris_n ok, somebody want to check to be sure things look/work ok on now?
13:48 jcamins Cool, my printer's network card supports gigabit.
13:50 gmcharlt chris_n: testing downloads and checksums now
13:50 gmcharlt do you want to update the header to point change the current stable release link?
13:50 * chris_n loves hosting the 3.8.0 Pre-release Show.... :-)
13:50 Oak can we dis-allow users to change their email address or phone once it is entered?
13:50 chris_n gmcharlt: will do
13:50 gmcharlt chris_n: checksum matches
13:52 oleonard Oak: In the OPAC?
13:52 Oak yes
13:52 oleonard Oak: Users can submit suggested changes to their records but the librarian has to enter them by hand
13:52 oleonard Oak: The user has no direct control over the information submitted via the OPAC
13:52 Oak aah, let me try that
13:53 chris_n gmcharlt: header updated (I think...)
13:53 oleonard Oak: The admin gets an email with the requested changes
13:53 gmcharlt chris_n: confirmed
13:53 gmcharlt ... but the link has too many zeroes in it
13:53 chris_n so it looks like we're good with the exception of the update scripts
13:53 chris_n hmm
13:53 * oleonard hopes that Progilone's work on Bug 7067 includes improvements in this area
13:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7067 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, ASSIGNED , allow patron self registration via the opac
13:54 Oak oleonard, do we have to set up our Koha server as a mail server to enable it to send emails?
13:54 * oleonard hopes someone else can answer that question
13:54 gmcharlt Oak: it has to at least know to relay mail to a smart host
13:54 chris_n gmcharlt: fixed
13:54 chris_n we really need to standardize that
13:55 Oak hmm... okay, let me search how to enable that functionality
13:55 gmcharlt chris_n: wasn't there some discussion of stripping the extraneous zeroes from the version number in the tarball name?
13:55 chris_n @later tell paul_p things are fixed up now, but we need to fixup the update scripts for 3.8.0 and roll a new tarball
13:55 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
13:55 gmcharlt in any event, I do find koha-3.8.0-tar.gz preferable to koha-3.08.00-tar.gz
13:56 chris_n gmcharlt: maybe, I don't recall the outcome
13:56 chris_n but either way
13:56 wahanui well, either way is workable though imho
13:56 wizzyrea I sort of recall someone telling me the 0's were important.
13:57 gmcharlt they matter for the KohaVersion syspref and the update scripts
13:57 chris_n kf: can you confirm that needs updating in the tarball?
13:57 gmcharlt but not so much for the name of the package file
13:57 chris_n or jcamins perhaps?
13:59 gmcharlt chris_n: confirmed - the tarball is reporting as the version number
13:59 chris_n gmcharlt: thanks; hopefully that's the last issue :)
14:00 gmcharlt chris_n: I don't think we get to escape the need for a 3.8.1 that easily ;)
14:00 gmcharlt but yeah, I think that's the main cosmetic issue
14:01 chris_n lol
14:01 chris_n 3.8.0 == beta
14:01 wizzyrea O.o
14:01 chris_n 3.8.1 == true_stable
14:01 gmcharlt .0 == beta, always
14:01 * wizzyrea giggles
14:02 jcamins chris_n: 3.8.1 == more stable
14:02 chris_n stable = n+1
14:02 jcamins 3.8.2 == true_stable :P
14:03 gmcharlt 3.8.∞ ?
14:03 chris_n well, with a 6 month major release cycle and a 1 month maint release cycle (for the most part), we can't complain too much :-)
14:03 gmcharlt indeed not
14:04 * chris_n strains for a look at 3.10
14:04 jcamins chris_n: au contraire! I can complain a remarkable amount!
14:04 * oleonard complains that his office is cold
14:04 * chris_n feeds jcamins more fudge to make that a hard task
14:05 * wizzyrea imagines he can't complain much with a mouth full of sticky fudge
14:05 gmcharlt or at least they would sound indistinct ;)
14:05 chris_n careful... we'll take away the milk...
14:06 jcamins lol
14:07 * gmcharlt is going to branch 3.8.x now, in case updating becomes rangi's first act as 3.8 RMaint
14:11 kf sorry was afk
14:11 kf reading back
14:14 kf chris_n: gmcharlt confirmed?
14:14 chris_n he did, thanks
14:15 chris_n gmcharlt++
14:18 NateC joined #koha
14:18 kf gmcharlt++
14:20 Oak sekjal was working on documentation on how to set-up email notification in Koha ([…]/koha/2010-07-21) anybody know its status?
14:20 Oak kf?
14:20 wahanui kf is probably cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss or a holds expert.
14:20 kf whanui: wizzyrea is the holds expert
14:21 kf wahanui: wizzyrea is the holds expert
14:21 wahanui ...but wizzyrea is <reply> I LIKE SCIENCE...
14:21 gmcharlt OK, 3.8.x is branched
14:21 gmcharlt and for the record, I confirm that rangi is set up to push to 3.8.x
14:21 gmcharlt and jcamins is set up to push to 3.6.x
14:21 kf gmcharlt: :)
14:21 kf gmcharlt: will this make it difficult for paul to do a new tarball?
14:21 paul_p i'm here
14:21 jcamins Cool!
14:22 jcamins gmcharlt++
14:22 paul_p I don't understand "things are fixed up now, but we need to fixup the update scripts for 3.8.0 and roll a new tarball"
14:22 paul_p what do you mean by "update scripts for 3.8.0 ?
14:22 paul_p chris_n ?
14:22 wahanui release maintainer for 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6. or late on 3.6.5
14:22 kf paul_p: the version is wrong
14:22 kf paul_p: we need a last databaseupdate updating to 3.8
14:22 paul_p yikes !!!!!
14:23 * paul_p completely forgot that !!!
14:23 chris_n paul_p: ^^ ;-)
14:23 kf you are not the first
14:23 kf and probably not hte last .)
14:23 * chris_n is guilty as well
14:23 chris_n its easy to do
14:23 * paul_p add a 3.8.0 bumping to immediately!
14:24 chris_n you'll have to re-roll the release
14:24 gmcharlt paul_p: note that a 3.8.x branch exists now, btw
14:24 chris_n but you should have perms on dl.k-c.-org now
14:25 kf but can paul_p still push to 3.8.x? th enew branch?
14:25 gmcharlt I've now given him permission to push to it
14:26 magnuse paul_p: don't forget either
14:27 kf oh
14:27 kf magnuse: fixing translations?
14:27 paul_p magnuse don't worry, I made 49 Database number dump for 3.8, so I won't forget ;-)
14:27 kf perhaps will have to wait...
14:28 kf paul_p: magnuse notices that the translation scripts are throwing errors -- guess we need to do more testing next time :(
14:28 paul_p kf strange, because I tested french & chinese installation, and had no problems
14:30 kf paul_p: I am not sure, did you update your po files after help files were pushed? perhaps there is some change that's causing it. I updated my files to latest master. but guess it will have to wait until 3.6.1
14:30 kf 3.81.
14:30 kf 3.8.1
14:31 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "summary of translation problems" (164 lines) at
14:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Koha 3.8.0 bump <[…]eef55e29b61a6d730>
14:33 jcamins So I guess I need to announce the schedule for 3.6.5.
14:33 jcamins And figure out the RMaint scripts.
14:34 Irma1 left #koha
14:35 magnuse thanks paul_p
14:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #719 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:35 magnuse is now definitely running 3.8.0 :-)
14:42 gaetan_B bye #koha!
14:42 gmcharlt @later tell rangi gitstats set up for 3.8.x
14:42 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
14:42 oleonard Bye gaetan_B
14:43 oleonard And congratulations on your new design appearing in 3.8 gaetan_B :)
14:43 oleonard gaetan_B++
14:43 oleonard asaurat1++
14:44 kf gaetan_B++ asaurat++ and oleonard++ :)
14:44 asaurat1 =)
14:44 * chris_n warily does a git fetch
14:44 wizzyrea !
14:45 kf hi wizzyrea
14:45 * wizzyrea waves
14:45 samuel joined #koha
14:46 chris_n wizzyrea: I got the ajax file uploader working this weekend
14:46 wizzyrea ooooooo
14:46 chris_n lots of stuff here which could make life nice in the staff interface
14:47 * chris_n worries that git rebase is taking forever
14:50 oleonard on master chris_n?
14:50 samuel hello everybody
14:50 chris_n no, on a branch, but it finally finished up ok
14:52 chris_n oleonard: master rebased pretty snappy actually
14:54 mveron The new interface ist really nice. Looks very professional. I like it.
14:56 wizzyrea :)
14:58 magnus_afk gaetan_B++
15:05 paul_p gmcharlt chris_n rangi = updated koha-3.8.* files, including for 3.8.0 uploaded to /home/paulp/ (I can't upload them to /home/uploads)
15:06 gmcharlt paul_p: ok, I'll stick it into place now
15:06 paul_p gmcharlt thanks
15:09 gmcharlt paul_p: done, and verifed that downloaded version has the correct version stamp
15:15 * chris_n has to say it...
15:15 chris_n stupid emacs
15:20 * kf has to say it
15:20 kf stupid word
15:20 kf died when I saved my documentation
15:22 chris_n word--
15:23 kf word--
15:24 jcamins word--
15:24 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #719: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/719/
15:24 jenkins_koha paul.poulain: Koha 3.8.0 bump
15:24 clrh_ kf: you use word? no libreoffice?
15:24 adnc joined #koha
15:26 kf clrh: don't make me explain :)
15:26 oleonard It's "Lets complain about proprietary software day" today
15:27 clrh ok kf ;)
15:28 jcamins oleonard: proprietary software and emacs.
15:28 kyleh question: Should new perl modules use the new Koha namespace, or should they use the old C4 namespace?
15:28 kf quite an amazing program on #koha today
15:28 kf kyleh: I think there were some conditions for new modules in Koha:: - there is a bug in bugzilla
15:28 gmcharlt kyleh: the new Koha namespace, preferably
15:29 jcamins kyleh: they should use the Koha namespace if they don't depend on anything in C4 other than C4::Context.
15:29 gmcharlt but yes, as kf says, that implies some coding requirements as well
15:29 clrh did we decide things about Koha namespace?
15:29 jcamins clrh: we did, yes.
15:29 kf I think we agreed on some things
15:29 kf searching for the bug sec
15:29 clrh jcamins: somewhere in the wiki pages ?
15:29 jcamins clrh: there's a bug.
15:29 clrh ok
15:30 clrh I wait :)
15:30 magnus_afk[…]amespace_QA_Rules
15:30 kf I think it was bug 7359
15:38 logbot joined #koha
15:38 Topic for #koha is now 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 and 3.2.11 Now Available || Koha Community Website - || General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012 at 2:00 UTC+0
15:48 vkm joined #koha
15:48 vkm hello all
15:50 vkm after transaction at staff client opac shows no items available against that book crone job is already seted so we have to rebuild the zebra index to update all records
15:55 melia joined #koha
15:55 vkm after transaction at staff client opac shows no items available against that book crone job is already seted so we have to rebuild the zebra index to update all records (3.6)
16:09 slef vkm: that's nice. Sounds like you have some problem between koha and zebra.
16:11 vkm please tell me is it bug or something which i could not able to resolve
16:17 slef vkm: it sounds like a local configuration error.
16:48 laurence left #koha
16:53 kf joined #koha
17:08 jcamins banks--
17:09 jcamins slef++
17:10 kf jcamins++ and slef++
17:11 slef dinner time: DEATH TO THE BANKS!
17:13 kf bye al
17:13 kf l
17:13 mveron bye kf
17:15 kf left #koha
17:28 jcamins So much for my desk being usable.
17:29 oleonard Did Google redesign it?
17:29 jcamins oleonard: heh, no, it was piled high with books.
17:32 * chris_n read "usable" as "unstable"
17:33 chris_n only two letters difference there, but probably a bit of practical difference
17:34 mveron Struggling with git
17:34 mveron If I change a file in a new branch the changes are reflectd in master as well.
17:34 mveron I did: git reset --hard origin/master -> HEAD is now at 142c620 Koha 3.8.0 bump
17:34 mveron Then git checkout -b bug_7563 origin/master , git branch shows * bug_7563
17:34 mveron Do not do git bz apply 7563 because there is no patch yet.
17:34 mveron Then edit e.g. koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/module​s/admin/preferences/staff_client.pref
17:34 mveron git diff is OK, then git checkout master, says:  M (...)staff_client.pref
17:34 mveron Then edit file again: changes are still here. Would expect the original file.
17:36 Guillaume left #koha
17:40 jcamins mveron: I think you need to just do git reset --hard to reset your current branch.
17:40 jcamins Then do git checkout origin/master
17:53 cait joined #koha
17:53 mveron jcamins: Thanks. I did (after git checkout master), if I switch back to bug_7563 the changes there are gone. Edit there file again, change back to master: And changes are still there (in master)
17:53 jcamins mveron: of course.
17:53 jcamins Until you commit something, it's not attached to a particular branch.
17:55 * cait waves
17:57 * jcamins waves back.
17:57 cait :)
18:12 jcamins wizzyrea: cait: TIRTYI: http://biscuitpusher.blogspot.[…]chip-cookies.html
18:12 jcamins wizzyrea: especially for you.
18:12 * wizzyrea ponders this
18:13 wizzyrea welp. There goes my evening. :)
18:14 wizzyrea no no no, do not use room temp butter for cookies!
18:14 wizzyrea use cold butter and beat the snot out of it!
18:14 wizzyrea this is how you get cookie spread!
18:15 * jcamins generally uses softened butter.
18:15 jcamins If you use cold butter, the center doesn't set fast enough.
18:15 * wizzyrea does not - straight out of the fridge and generous creaming for me
18:15 * jcamins also cooks cookies about half the recommended length of time.
18:15 wizzyrea it's warmed by the time I'm done creaming
18:15 wizzyrea wait that sounds so. wrong.
18:15 jcamins Okay, not half.
18:15 jcamins But I look my cookies to be fairly soft.
18:19 jcamins Oh boy.
18:19 jcamins "OCLC Control Number Expansion in 2013"
18:19 gmcharlt grr
18:19 wizzyrea blarg
18:19 jcamins I guess that sets a hard limit on how long we can stick with GRS-1.
18:19 cait ?
18:20 jcamins cait: GRS-1 can't handle variable-length substrings, like, at all.
18:20 cait oh?
18:20 cait so it will break matching?
18:20 cait for oclc libraries?
18:21 jcamins Basically, yeah.
18:21 cait hm
18:21 cait did we fix the tarball and release?
18:21 cait I didn't see a message on the mailing list?
18:21 jcamins Yes, and no, respectively, I think.
18:21 cait ok?
18:22 cait big questionmark?
18:22 cait did paul_p forget to announce?
18:22 cait or were there more problems?
18:23 * chris_n wonders what all the grr'ing is about
18:23 gmcharlt chris_n: the OCLC number expansion
18:24 * magnus_afk looks for a blog post about 3.8 on
18:24 chris_n well, anything that breaks stuff deserves a good 'grrr' if not more
18:24 cait so noone knows if we released koha or not?
18:24 chris_n maybe paul_p will do it later today?
18:32 cait it's 8:30
18:34 chris_n hmm... maybe he forgot
18:34 chris_n it was a rather stressing morning
18:36 rangi Hmm I hope not
18:36 cait he is on vacation rest of week
18:37 cait so would be good to find out
18:38 rangi Yes
18:38 rangi I mean its up and linked ppl will get it so need the announcement
18:38 cait we could put the release notes on I gues
18:38 cait s
18:39 * cait is checking the logs of today
18:39 rangi Yeah might have to do that, no biblibrans around?
18:41 cait I would guess not
18:41 cait 20:40 now
18:41 rangi Darn
18:42 chris_n well, if he's on vacation, someone needs to do the post...
18:42 chris_n sounds like a job for the 3.8.x r_maint ;-)
18:42 cait seems he kinda vanished after gmcharlt said he would upload the files
18:42 * chris_n ducks
18:42 cait and I don#t see when he logged out in the logs?
18:43 chris_n * paul_p has quit (Ping timeout: 480 seconds)
18:43 chris_n just after your alter-ego left :-)
18:44 chris_n ~1700 utc
18:45 rangi I guess I can do the announcement when I get to work
18:46 cait hm
18:46 cait weird
18:47 rangi It's confirmed to work eh?
18:47 cait the first tarball was
18:47 cait the second I am not sure someone tested
18:48 chris_n I believe that gmcharlt may have confirmed the second
18:49 rangi K
18:49 mveron jcamins: Thanks for the hint regarding git. I think I got it. Reading helps, thinking helps, and having some cookies helps as well :-)
18:49 cait mveron++ :)
18:51 rangi Ok kids awake
18:51 rangi Bbiab
18:52 rangi I'll do announcement then if no one beats me to it
19:02 chris_n bug 5184
19:02 wahanui bug 5184 is probably related
19:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5184 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Upgrade jQuery to the latest version
19:02 mbalmer joined #koha
19:02 mveron hi mbalmer
19:02 mbalmer 'vening
19:04 mbalmer in which hotel are most people staying during kohacon in edinburhg?
19:05 mbalmer or, under which bridge will be the campsite?
19:05 slef George V Bridge
19:06 slef My first choice is full :-/ so trying to book a new now
19:06 slef biab
19:06 jcamins mbalmer: I think I recall there being a conversation about this a few days ago, so you might check the logs.
19:07 mbalmer ok, fair enough, thanks!
19:33 rangi Back, from bus stop
19:33 rangi No paul_p sightings eh?
19:33 cait nope
19:34 mbalmer Compaq dc9700 PCs and Fujitsu Siemens TFT display with DVI connector (1280x1024) to give away.
19:37 rangi Had to run back inside to grab some cans for the foodbank
19:38 rangi Then sprint for the bus
19:38 rangi I'm too old for this :)
19:39 rangi mbalmer: you should talk with olugbenga
19:39 rangi He could maybe take one or 2 back to Nigeria with him
19:39 mbalmer who is that?
19:39 wahanui somebody said that was maybe broken
19:40 rangi One of the koha supporters, and is coming to kohacon
19:41 mbalmer oh, I see.
19:41 rangi If shipping wasn't so expensive, there are quite a few koha libraries in Laos and Vietnam too who could put them to good use
19:42 mbalmer I guess I will not be able to take the machines to kohacon, thogh.  customs and then way to many of them (I think I have over 50)
19:42 rangi Yep but maybe one or 2 sans monitors
19:42 rangi Just a thought
19:47 mbalmer depends on the allowed cabin luggage, but indeed might be an idea.
19:48 mbalmer and as mveron is coming from the same city, he could smuggle some in as well ;)
19:48 wizzyrea logs?
19:48 wahanui somebody said logs was
19:50 mveron mbalmer: Glad to help
19:50 rangi Good plan, maybe mail the list saying if ppl are interested let you know
19:51 mbalmer the goal, mveron:  to carry as much used (but still usable) PCs to kohacon, so that folks can continue to use them ;)
19:53 adnc joined #koha
19:55 rangi Sloooooow bus
19:55 rangi I ran for this???!!
19:56 rangi I think extra shot in my flat white this morning
19:57 wizzyrea it's gonna be necessary I think
19:59 * oleonard makes rumbling noises about Bug 4048
19:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4048 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , CSS and JS libs must be outside of translated paths
19:59 * rangi puts on LCD soundsystem - losing my edge
19:59 rangi Oh yeah we should fix that
20:00 oleonard So what about the idea of using git mv to move the existing files to the new location then cp'ing them back to the old location while we work through the process?
20:00 oleonard Preserves the history of the files which are where they belong. The files in the old location will go away.
20:01 rangi Works for me
20:01 rangi 6 months to get it sorted
20:01 rangi :)
20:01 wizzyrea ^^
20:02 oleonard I like that timeframe
20:02 rangi Clock starts NOW
20:02 rangi :)
20:02 * wizzyrea panics
20:02 wizzyrea wait.
20:02 wizzyrea never mind.
20:03 rangi Ok my stop bbiab
20:03 * gmcharlt joins the panic
20:04 gmcharlt the coders are coming!  the documeters are coming! the librarians are here!
20:04 cait lol
20:04 cait i am more for.. the release is here
20:04 * cait is still puzzled
20:05 wizzyrea hehe
20:06 gmcharlt w/in 3
20:07 kathryn joined #koha
20:07 cait hm?
20:08 kathryn morning :  )
20:09 cait morning kathryn :)
20:09 kathryn heya cait
20:09 mbalmer cait, one could say you live in a nice town.  passed Konstanz a few weeks ago.
20:09 cait yes, I agree
20:10 cait :)
20:11 * chris_n loads 1500+ quotes from a csv into a dom based datatable in the blink of an eye
20:11 chris_n and paging is *very* fast and agile
20:11 jcamins Woohoo!
20:11 jcamins chris_n++
20:12 wizzyrea <3
20:12 cait am I the only one worried about the release? :(
20:12 rangi back
20:13 rangi so im at my desk
20:13 rangi way i see it
20:14 cait got coffee?
20:14 chris_n got goat milk?
20:14 rangi we have 2 choices, pull the tarball, or announce the release, im thinking the second, so unless wants to dissuade me now, or paul_p shows up before i finish writing hte mail/blog post
20:14 rangi i will do that
20:14 wizzyrea yea, announce it
20:14 chris_n announce release
20:14 wizzyrea otherwise it's a week
20:14 chris_n go! go! go!
20:14 rangi :)
20:14 rangi ok
20:15 * oleonard waves on his way out
20:15 chris_n now lets see how long it takes to push those 1500+ quotes into the db
20:15 wizzyrea byee
20:15 cait by oleonard
20:15 chris_n bye oleonard
20:15 cait bye
20:16 rangi ok, i hear no against
20:16 * rangi starts work
20:17 chris_n 1524 inserts in just over 1m
20:17 wizzyrea noice!
20:18 rangi yay
20:18 rangi so yeah, fixing borrower import will win you a gold star! :)
20:19 chris_n and you can browse off and do other foo while your quotes are saved :)
20:21 jcamins Nice!
20:21 jcamins Double gold star if you make the record import to use that, too.
20:22 chris_n I wish there was a way to feed dbi an entire array of data, but I'm not sure it would be any faster
20:22 chris_n I think it boils down to how fast the db engine can do inserts
20:23 chris_n it will be interesting to see how well the browser stands up with 1500 marc records in memory
20:23 chris_n quite a bit more data there
20:23 * chris_n heads for the stall
20:35 jcamins Aww, with chris_n gone I can't ask him how exactly he uses his release scripts.
20:35 cait I guess you can ask him tomorrow :)
20:37 jcamins Yeah, but I can't work on it tomorrow.
20:43 Soupermanito joined #koha
20:47 rangi ok, release announcements out, thanks to wizzyrea for fixing my formatting
20:48 cait rangi++ and wizzyrea++
20:48 cait for saving the time based release :)
20:48 cait 22:48 here... think that counts
20:48 * wizzyrea breathes a sigh of relief.
20:49 wizzyrea i mean, we've got a good 8 hours left here. :)
20:49 wizzyrea but still ^.^
20:54 rangi ok, email out too
20:56 rangi[…]s-for-koha-3-8-0/
20:59 hdl joined #koha
20:59 * wizzyrea waves to hdl
21:00 rangi hi hdl
21:01 nengard rangi can you remove the <pre> from this?  I can't read it all
21:01 rangi shift-refresh
21:01 rangi get the new css file, then it will wrap for you
21:01 wizzyrea also I'll clear the cache
21:01 rangi if i remove the pre, it will be a hell of a lot worse
21:01 wizzyrea ^^^
21:01 wizzyrea it's terribad.
21:02 nengard thanks!
21:02 nengard works a-ok
21:06 maximep left #koha
21:08 hdl joined #koha
21:08 hdl hi
21:08 rangi wb hdl
21:14 slef Quote of the day: "oh *there's* my gin"
21:15 mveron good night #koha
21:18 cait good night #koha
21:18 cait back to work on next release tomorrow
21:18 cait left #koha
21:28 nengard left #koha
21:29 ibeardslee rangi: yay .. you got the one without the spelling mistake ;)
21:29 rangi :)
21:33 ibeardslee rangi: those Academy student patches, were any written AFTER the academy?
21:34 rangi hmm dont think so
21:34 rangi maybe one from connor lemme check
21:34 magnus_afk g'night #koha!
21:36 rangi nope, aleksa otoh who was intern over summer, did though
21:37 ibeardslee ok.
21:39 rangi and a former academy student :)
21:42 rangi bug 7999
21:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7999 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, NEW , send test notice
21:42 rangi quick submit a bug, be 8000
21:42 jcamins rangi: but if I submit a bug, people expect me to fix it.
21:42 rangi true
21:43 rangi i expect you fix the ones i submit too
21:43 rangi :)
21:43 wizzyrea oh, i like 7999
21:43 rangi yeah its a good one
21:44 jcamins Yeah, that'd be very useful.
21:44 wizzyrea very extremely useful.
21:44 wizzyrea or a "test mode" for notices even.
21:44 jcamins That would also be excellent.
21:45 jcamins One that sends notices only to people you mark or something?
21:45 rangi a test mode for all email
21:45 jcamins An excellent idea!
21:45 jcamins You should submit that as bug 8000.
21:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8000 was not found.
21:45 rangi so no matter what the persons email address is, it gets sent to the library one
21:45 jcamins Then write the patch for it.
21:45 wizzyrea ^^^
21:45 wizzyrea that
21:45 rangi so you can test overdues and everything
21:46 wizzyrea "no matter what the person's email addy is, it gets sent to the library"
21:46 wizzyrea Mail bomb, hooooooo
21:46 wizzyrea but useful.
21:46 rangi yep, pre go live
21:46 rangi to actually test
21:47 wizzyrea zounds that'd be handy
21:47 rangi *nod*
21:47 wizzyrea so who wants to do bug 8000 :P
21:48 rangi you
21:48 rangi :)
21:48 wizzyrea kek
21:48 rangi if i do it it will be
21:48 rangi Koha should make coffee
21:50 wizzyrea there we have it
21:50 wizzyrea bug 8000
21:50 wizzyrea but huginn doesn't know about it yet.
21:51 wizzyrea but 8000?
21:51 wizzyrea bug 8000
21:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, NEW , Test mode for notices
21:51 rangi yay
22:06 edveal left #koha
23:12 talljoy_away left #koha
23:22 clrh_ joined #koha
23:46 eythian hi

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary