IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 melia left #koha
00:21 NateC joined #koha
00:58 Soupermanito joined #koha
01:50 eythian!/OMGLOLW[…]84427715808591872
02:20 edveal joined #koha
02:21 jransom joined #koha
02:22 edveal Anyone able to help me build some jQuery to limit the options in the advance search. Want to keep all the boolean just don't want quite as many options.
02:27 mtj edveal:  i have done something very similar, but i've got a deadline today... :/
02:27 edveal No problem.
02:29 mtj edveal:
02:30 mtj hmm, is down?
02:32 mtj so, whats it doing...? :)  looks like its removing various unwanted options from the advanced search OPAC page
02:32 rangi ahh probably when it went OOM the other day
02:32 * rangi will fix
02:32 mtj $('#subtypes').remove(); // remove subtypes
02:32 mtj $("legend:contains('Langua​ge')").parent().remove(); // language
02:33 mtj $(sel).find("option[value='nt']").remove();
02:33 mtj $(sel).find("option[value^='cpn'],[value^​='cfn'],[value^='pn'],[value='ln'],[value​='pn,phr'],[value='acqdate']").remove();
02:33 pastebot joined #koha
02:33 mtj $(sel).find("option[value='call​num'],[value='bc']").remove();
02:34 mtj $(sel).find("option[value^='cpn']").remove();
02:34 mtj etc....
02:35 mtj edveal: and then re-sorting the drop-list order (as per the clients whim :) )
02:35 edveal Yep. I testing using the following.
02:35 edveal $("#booleansearch select[name='idx'] option[value='nb']").hide();
02:36 edveal It works fine on my system but not on theirs. I need to find out where the problem is with the rest of their stuff.
02:36 rangi paste should be back now
02:37 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "test" (1 line) at
02:37 mtj edveal,  hmm, pass - some buggy custom js code on theirs, might be causing the fail
02:38 mtj check the js-console output, etc
02:38 mtj and, thanks rangi :)
02:38 Judit hat addogra visszamesz
02:38 Judit :)
02:38 Judit oh, sorry
02:38 mtj ok, back to it
02:38 rangi bork bork
02:39 edveal mtj yes that is my thought. So I get to diagnose the other code now.
02:40 Brooke joined #koha
02:40 Brooke o/
02:41 Brooke hmph.
02:41 rangi hi Brooke
02:42 Brooke howday
02:42 Judit hi
02:42 Brooke @later tell druthb fire
02:42 huginn Brooke: The operation succeeded.
03:01 Brooke[…]de-212609025.html
03:01 Brooke hmmm, tempting.
03:27 edveal left #koha
06:07 mbalmer joined #koha
06:16 laurence joined #koha
06:22 alex_a bonjour
06:22 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
06:25 mbalmer bonjourkohacommentcava?
06:36 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:45 magnuse bonjour reiveune
06:45 reiveune bonjiour magnuse :)
06:54 rangi hi magnuse, alex_a and reiveune
06:54 magnuse ata marie rangi
06:55 reiveune hi rangi
06:59 mbalmer salut reiveune!
06:59 hdl joined #koha
06:59 reiveune salut marc, ça va ?
07:01 stuartyeates joined #koha
07:01 mbalmer eh ben, oui
07:02 sophie_m joined #koha
07:02 julian_m joined #koha
07:03 alex_a hi rangi
07:08 hdl joined #koha
07:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:15 gaetan_B hello
07:15 asaurat joined #koha
07:15 sophie_m hi #koha
07:19 paul_p good morning #koha
07:20 rangi hi paul_p hdl gaetan_B asaurat and sophie_m
07:20 paul_p mbalmer bonjour Marc. Your space bar is broken ? ;-)
07:20 paul_p rangi just pushed the 5549 follow-up
07:21 paul_p (for fixing jenkins tests, not the "needs signoff" one)
07:21 rangi yep cool
07:21 rangi should make it happy
07:21 mbalmer paul_p, no ;)
07:22 paul_p alex_a = could you signoff bugs 7821, 7796, 7810 (plack related). thx
07:23 alex_a yes i can !
07:29 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5549 : Fixing the test to only run if the test data exists <[…]02e64fff955f22cee>
07:32 Judit joined #koha
07:33 magnuse hiya Judit
07:33 alex_a paul_p: 7821 is already signed off
07:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #684 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #675 4 days 15 hr ago)
07:34 paul_p alex_a : did I wrote 7821 ? it's 7829 !
07:34 mbalmer paul_p, the freeze does not mean that we can't continue to produce patches and sign off patches, they will just not be pushed now, right?
07:34 rangi
07:35 rangi jenkins now tests the docbook xml as well as building packages
07:35 magnuse yay
07:36 * magnuse wonders how plack and the packages will interact (and knows nothing about plack, yet)
07:37 rangi cjh is just finishing off a report on the remaining issues with plack, which should help finish that work off
07:37 paul_p mbalmer = yes and no. you can continue to produce patches, they'll be pushed in the next 2 weeks, except for the "dangerous/sensible" ones i've listed in my mail. Then 2 weeks of "string freeze", where no enhancement will be pushed, to let ppl work on translations.
07:38 rangi magnuse: it will need scripts written to start and stop it, and it will need to be able to handle mulitple sites the same way
07:38 mbalmer ok.  thanks fo rth eclarification, paul.
07:38 rangi and its dependencies packaged
07:38 paul_p mbalmer and from the 2 "dangerous/sensible" ones, it seems that one is not that dangerous, as it's an alternative behaviour, the current one will still be available
07:40 magnuse paul_p: meaning gmcharlt's dom work?
07:40 magnuse rangi: not too hard to accomplish then, perhaps?
07:40 rangi hmm so you will still push new enhancements in the next two weeks? not just bug fixes?
07:41 magnuse rangi: so jenkins builds packages? just to check that they build ok, or are they available somwhere too?
07:42 rangi just to check they build
07:42 magnuse ah, ok
07:42 rangi often ppl break the packages by pushing db dependent tests in the wrong dir
07:43 rangi or by adding dependencies
07:43 rangi this catches them before the release
07:43 magnuse very cool!
07:52 magnuse Making it easier to link from the wiki to bugs in bugzilla:
07:53 rangi sweet!
07:59 mbalmer paul_p, I plan to prepare to a diff to remove backquotes during the freeze, so that it can be pushed right after the freeze (I guess it will touch many files, so let's do that swift, so that it does not interfere to much with other ppls work)
08:01 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:04 asaurat joined #koha
08:04 hdl joined #koha
08:04 julian_m joined #koha
08:04 reiveune joined #koha
08:04 Joubu joined #koha
08:04 Manderso1 joined #koha
08:04 chris_n joined #koha
08:04 cjh joined #koha
08:04 bag joined #koha
08:04 wahanui joined #koha
08:04 gmcharlt joined #koha
08:04 jcamins_away joined #koha
08:04 bshum joined #koha
08:04 rangi joined #koha
08:04 huginn joined #koha
08:04 phasefx_ joined #koha
08:04 sijobl joined #koha
08:05 asaurat left #koha
08:05 asaurat joined #koha
08:06 moodaepo joined #koha
08:06 mtate joined #koha
08:06 moo joined #koha
08:06 reiveune1 joined #koha
08:18 juan_sieira joined #koha
08:21 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
08:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #684: FIXED in 47 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/684/
08:21 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5549 : Fixing the test to only run if the test data exists
08:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , Hourly Loans
08:30 Guillaume joined #koha
08:35 alex_a dpavlin: around ?
08:37 slef a round what?
08:41 * mtj hands slef  a tuit
08:42 slef a round tuit?
08:42 wahanui i think a round tuit is a small circular plate with an inscription that reads "These Tuits have been hard to come by. Especially the round ones. A ROUND TUIT This will help you to become a much more efficient worker. For years we have heard people say "I'll do it when I get round tuit"."
08:49 Oak joined #koha
08:50 Oak kia ora #koha
08:52 rangi hi Oak
08:52 Oak hello rangi :)
09:00 paul_p yeah ! jenkins back to stable !
09:01 * paul_p feel he has missed the round tuit joke...
09:03 hdl juan_sieira++
09:12 rangi hdl?
09:12 wahanui hdl is a stellar guy and a wonderful da.
09:14 hdl rangi: just that he is working on some post hackfest thing and having some nice results...
09:15 rangi ah cool
09:15 hdl[…]earchEngine-Zebra
09:15 hdl see there.
09:15 wahanui i think see there is not limitation on authorities for xml
09:16 hdl wahanui: forget hdl
09:16 wahanui hdl: I forgot hdl
09:16 hdl wahanui: forget see there
09:16 wahanui hdl: I forgot see there
09:23 rangi will definintely need plack in place for that, we found a few gotchas still, (not just scoping ones) but chris hall has a good report with that which should help it along
09:24 rangi (things that dont set undef, that dont clear objects etc, but once that is done plack should be good and then moose is usable)
09:26 hdl where is the report ?
09:26 hdl We have a google docs too.
09:26 hdl if we could share information
09:27 rangi hes finishing it off then it'll be published
09:28 rangi we should set up so we dont need to use google docs too :)
09:32 mtj paul_p:  about?
09:32 paul_p mtj yep, i'm about to leave for lunch :D
09:33 mtj heya, ok, quickly then...
09:33 mtj is there are good time for me to do my star-ratings re-merge ?
09:34 paul_p mtj I think you can do it now, because things will be more calm those days, after all the hackfest activity.
09:34 mtj meaning, today... or in a few days time, after you have pushed some more commits, etc...
09:34 mtj ah, ok - will do
09:35 mtj thanks :)
09:39 rangi @wunder nzwn
09:39 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 16.0°C (10:00 PM NZDT on March 27, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
09:46 reiveune joined #koha
10:13 magnuse @wunder boo
10:13 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 7.0°C (11:50 AM CEST on March 27, 2012). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
10:13 magnuse spot on
10:15 Oak joined #koha
10:16 Oak unstable wifi connection...
10:29 matts_away joined #koha
10:30 matts_away joined #koha
10:32 mtj http://entertainment.slashdot.[…]tions-of-sabotage
10:35 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:40 slef mtj: is that them cracking canal+(?) encryption to promote their NDS or whatever it's called?
10:41 * slef looks at bug 7613
10:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7613 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , OCLC Connexion Gateway, including extension svc/import_bib
10:41 asaurat1 joined #koha
11:20 slef nope still can't get it to work. Left a comment for srdjan.
11:21 slef I suspect I'm not understanding, rather than the code being incorrect.
11:21 slef It might also be a bug in C4::ImportBatch but I hope not!
11:26 jwagner joined #koha
11:45 nengard joined #koha
11:53 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "report help: list of serial holdings with date range - any ideas anyone?" (8 lines) at
11:59 druthb joined #koha
11:59 druthb o/
12:01 slef bravo chris_n with more patience than most for extracting version info
12:04 slef nengard: all that data *should* be in the MARC record, fields 254$a, 022$a and 362$a IIRC.
12:04 slef @marc 362 a
12:04 huginn slef: Dates of publication and/or sequential designation When both a sequential designation and a chronological designation are given, the chronological one is enclosed in parentheses.
12:04 nengard slef, not if you're using Koha serials
12:04 nengard you'd have to edit the marc record every time you received
12:04 nengard cause Koha does not have the marc holdings record
12:05 nengard so I need to query the serials and subscription tables to get the info
12:05 nengard making it much harder
12:05 slef nengard: yes, this is a bug. Can't you interrogate the item records?
12:05 nengard meaning?
12:06 slef well 952$d is acqdate. Hopefully Koha serials completes that
12:08 slef nengard: but really, you have my sympathy because Koha isn't updating MARC for serials probably how it ought, so this is a messy report and I'm not sure if I could write it without knowing cataloguing practices and Koha sysprefs of that library, plus a copy of the serials* database table schema. I don't think I've a general one handy anywhere :(
12:09 nengard 952$d is updating with the date you create the item, but that only works if the library is creating items for all received serials - and this library is not :(
12:09 nengard would we be able to add a MIN to this report in some way?[…]ary#Latest_Issues
12:09 nengard to get a guess at the range?
12:11 slef you mean like: CONCAT(MIN(s.publisheddate), '-', MAX(s.publisheddate)) AS RANGE
12:11 slef give it a try
12:12 slef what's the worst that can happen? ;-)
12:12 slef (mysql thrashes forever, server dies, disks crash, data lost...)
12:12 slef biab lunch
12:13 nengard thanks slef - i mean I wasn't sure how to add MIN in there :) so you gave me an idea!
12:19 laurence joined #koha
12:23 oleonard joined #koha
12:28 druthb left #koha
12:31 oleonard joined #koha
12:38 oleonard BSOD yesterday, VirtualBox upgrade this morning... which one disappeared my VMs?
12:43 collum joined #koha
12:51 schuster joined #koha
13:00 tcohen joined #koha
13:06 ago43 joined #koha
13:13 schuster wizzyrea - you actually here?
13:15 Oak joined #koha
13:15 oleonard Hi schuster, Oak
13:15 schuster I was looking at the koha-community website and was wondering if the links on the right for IRC meetings should just point to the Wiki page as what comes up is from 2010.
13:16 Oak hello oleonard :)
13:16 Oak kia ora #koha
13:16 schuster Events doesn't have anything since July 2011 either...  wanting to keep things "fresh" so people see the community is active.
13:16 schuster heya oleonard - back from your travel afar?
13:16 oleonard Yup
13:17 schuster schuster wishes he was smart enough with the right skills to be of value at a hackfest - maybe one day... :)
13:17 oleonard schuster there was a whole crew of librarians testing and signing off
13:18 Guillaume joined #koha
13:19 tcohen hi #koha
13:27 oleonard schuster: In fact it was the activity of the librarians which made me think hard about the possibility of a USA hackfest to include librarians
13:30 oleonard paul_p's sandbox system seemed to work really well for them (aside from the usual problems keeping conflicts at bay)
13:31 paul_p thx oleonard you make me remember i've to switch the sandboxes to MARC21 again ;-)
13:32 paul_p schuster = I confirm you could be usefull at a hackfest. We had 12 librarians (including the 4 BibLibre ones), and they made a lot of work signing off, but also translating documentation and translating Koha
13:32 paul_p (translating not being something you've to worry ;-) )
13:33 oleonard Hmm... unless Texas needs it's own translation?
13:36 asaurat1 Chuck Norris doesn't need translations
13:37 JesseM joined #koha
13:39 maximep joined #koha
13:54 slef is[…]system_preference right or should it be something like 3.07.00.XXX now?
13:55 slef (not just 'XXX')
13:57 wizzyrea schuster- there have been no events added to the website because there have been no events
13:57 wizzyrea also I need to update the meetings link to pint to the new meetings website
13:57 oleonard slef I see "3.07.00.XXX" more often, but I think either way works since the RM changes it manually
13:57 wizzyrea so where did you see that
13:58 paul_p slef 3.07.00.XXX is the best option
13:58 paul_p slef and if you add 3 empty lines or more before your code, it should apply smoothly even on sandboxes !
13:58 oleonard Oh that's interesting
13:58 paul_p (applied as, but the number is not updated)
13:59 paul_p oleonard yep, I don't remember who explained that in a bug: diff check the 3 lines before and after your patch for a merge conflict. If you've 3 empty lines, he's not confused ;-)
14:00 slef wizzyrea: there have been events. I think I remember some.
14:00 wizzyrea but no one wanted or needed or felt it appropriate to add them to koha-community.
14:00 wizzyrea apparently.
14:00 wizzyrea since it didn't happen.
14:01 wizzyrea someone could have added the hackfest, for example.
14:01 * slef looks at it
14:01 wizzyrea pretty sure kohacon isn't on there.
14:01 wizzyrea release dates are a bit fuzzy, so hate to put them on (in case we miss by days/weeks)
14:02 wizzyrea no kudos meeting this year.
14:02 slef wizzyrea: I just tried to add kohacon12 as an event and couldn't see how.
14:02 slef wizzyrea: I think pages can't be events, only posts?
14:03 wizzyrea right but it's fine to make an event post that links to your page.
14:04 slef more work :( but I'll do it when I can, probably tag the call for papers as an event
14:06 cait joined #koha
14:06 oleonard Hi cait
14:06 cait hi #koha
14:07 cait hi owen! :)
14:07 gmcharlt good morning
14:07 cait hi gmcharlt :)
14:07 cait I am on a train again...
14:07 slef ok, suggestions as to why my database doesn't know it needs to updatedatabase and add this syspref?
14:07 * slef checks his version
14:08 cait hm
14:08 cait yeah, version in the database
14:08 cait slef: which version are you looking at?
14:08 slef /cgi-bin/koha/ doesn't show the version in the database?
14:08 slef cait: bug errrrrrm
14:08 cait did you pull from master during the hackfest?
14:09 cait I thought it did in the first row
14:09 slef it shows koha version. No idea if that's DBrev
14:09 slef
14:09 oleonard slef: System prefs, "local use" tab
14:09 slef oleonard: yeah, that'll let me add it manually, right?
14:09 oleonard Yes
14:10 cait hm
14:10 slef oleonard: would rather get updatedatabase to kick in. Or does this not work for the developer?
14:10 cait only if someone fixed adding localuse sysprfs
14:12 cait slef: what are you trying to do?
14:12 slef hrm, actually System prefs seemed to have picked it up from the .pref or something
14:12 cait first question?
14:12 wahanui first question is "What are you trying to do?"
14:12 cait are you trying to test a patch?
14:12 cait or are you normally updating and it doesn't work?
14:13 slef I'm trying to make a patch, including new syspref.
14:13 cait ok
14:13 slef bug 7494
14:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
14:13 cait you want to create a new entry in updatedatabase with XXX
14:13 cait and then open kohaversion and make the verion +1 there
14:13 cait update will kick in so you can test
14:14 slef aha, open kohaversion
14:14 cait then, to make it stop looping
14:14 cait you set it back to where it was
14:14 cait and you can normally log in
14:14 slef that's the step I was missing
14:14 slef thanks cait
14:14 slef should I add that to[…]system_preference ?
14:14 cait you are welcome :)
14:15 cait hm sounds like a goo didea :)
14:21 slef ok, is there a way from CCL to limit searches to available items?
14:22 cait I think that is maybe broken
14:22 cait it doesn't work for us at the moment
14:22 slef or basically anything that C4::Search::SimpleSearch understands
14:23 Guillaume left #koha
14:24 slef or should I use C4::Search::getRecords?
14:27 jcamins_away slef: no.
14:27 cait slef: I mean the facet is broken- I am not sure what it's using
14:28 cait hi jcamins
14:28 jcamins slef: that answer was useless.
14:28 jcamins Please hold while I turn it coherent. ;)
14:28 asaurat1 joined #koha
14:29 cait hi asaurat :)
14:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:29 slef kw:a and ( ( allrecords,AlwaysMatches='' not onloan,AlwaysMatches='') and (lost,st-numeric=0) )
14:29 slef the bit after the and is what available is to Koha
14:30 slef jcamins: and again, coherently ? ;)
14:31 jcamins slef: working on it. ;)
14:32 * jcamins just moved yesterday.
14:32 jcamins No brain, just mush.
14:32 jcamins Okay, the problem with limits (among others) is that allrecords and AlwaysMatches can't always be relied upon to work.
14:33 jcamins The not operator does work, I believe, but it's not enough to do a real limit.
14:33 jcamins At least, that's my understanding based on too much time staring into the face of my mortality.
14:33 jcamins Err... C4::Search.
14:34 slef @quote search abyss
14:34 huginn slef: No matching quotes were found.
14:34 slef @quote search staring
14:34 huginn slef: No matching quotes were found.
14:34 slef huginn: you suck
14:34 huginn slef: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
14:34 slef @quote search stare
14:34 huginn slef: 1 found: #184: "slef: IF YOU STARE TOO DEEPLY INTO MARC21,..."
14:34 cait heh
14:35 Oak O cait where were thou?
14:35 talljoy joined #koha
14:35 slef jcamins: 90% will do. Now to make circ display a question.
14:36 cait Oak: travelling :)
14:37 Oak hm.
14:37 Oak okay. drink water.
14:40 cait thx I will :)
14:48 Oak :)
14:56 schuster jcamins - moved as into your new apartment?  all the work done?
14:56 jcamins schuster: bwahahaha!
14:56 jcamins schuster: yes we have.
14:56 schuster wizzyrea - I assume you got your answer about where the link was?
14:57 wizzyrea nope.
14:57 jcamins As for the work... well, the counter hasn't fallen off yet, so I'm going to consider the work done for now.
14:57 schuster jcamins - all fresh and clean paint and smelly!!!
14:57 jcamins Yep.
14:57 schuster wizzyrea so you were looking for the meeting link?  When I click on events the page refreshes and there was a meeting link
14:57 jcamins And I noticed on the way to a client's this morning that I'm covered with a fine dusting of plaster of paris.
14:58 schuster AH!  but you didn't go to the hackfest LOL....!!!
14:59 jcamins lol
15:00 schuster So I was asked by the technology group about getting a security certificate for Koha since we have student information...  pro/con/necessity?
15:00 wizzyrea necessity.
15:00 wizzyrea you are probably afoul of student privacy laws.
15:00 reiveune bye
15:00 reiveune left #koha
15:00 wizzyrea either way, you should be using SSL
15:00 schuster So you all use one at NEKLS?
15:00 jcamins Security certificate as in SSL, or as in governmental thing?
15:00 schuster SSL
15:01 jcamins If the former, definitely necessary.
15:01 wizzyrea yes, absolutely we do.
15:01 * wizzyrea just set up SSL this morning on something else, actually.
15:01 schuster OK thanks - we in the past have not actually promoted home access to Koha other than the opac.
15:01 jcamins Added benefit: you could use PKI-based authentication.
15:01 wizzyrea even in the opac
15:01 wizzyrea you should use SSL
15:01 wizzyrea it's patron data.
15:01 wizzyrea it should be encrypted.
15:01 schuster OK moving forward!
15:02 slef Anyone else think "See verbose embedded documentation" should be discouraged?
15:02 slef It's sometimes not embedded and when it is, it's usually not verbose.
15:03 jcamins See verbose embedded documentation? What does that even mean?
15:03 cait we have ssl too
15:03 wizzyrea where did you see it?
15:03 cait for staff and opac
15:03 slef jcamins: RTFS
15:04 slef we usually use SSL whenever we can FWIW, but the EU > US on privacy, I'm often told.
15:04 jcamins slef: ah. That's a terrible idea.
15:04 slef wizzyrea: it's in C4::Search and causing me pain just now.
15:04 wizzyrea ew yea
15:05 cait bug 737
15:05 cait bug 7537
15:05 huginn Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=737 enhancement, P2, ---, mjr, NEW , Map of library in search system
15:05 cait bug 7617
15:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement TraceCompleteSubfields, TraceSubjectSubdivisions and UseICU for NORMARC XSLT
15:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7617 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority search results should optionally be sorted by system order
15:05 jcamins C4::Search causes me pain.
15:05 cait well... bug 737 is a nice one too
15:05 cait we should rpelace it
15:05 cait we all know it
15:06 cait now we have to find someone real brave
15:06 jcamins And salt the earth where it lay.
15:07 schuster slef - no comment
15:07 schuster jcamins - so where does 7617 stand is it waiting for sign off or has it moved up?
15:08 jcamins It's waiting for sign off.
15:08 slef I may take a look at 7617 after my current bug, to learn more about search.
15:08 slef if it would help?
15:08 jcamins A good one for signing off. No string changes, and it fixes an edge case in the linker.
15:11 jcamins Sure! Any sign off on 7617 sounds good to me! :)
15:11 jcamins But it's worth pointing out that's using SearchAuthorities, which is much less horrifying than C4::Search.
15:11 jcamins It uses PQF, which is not braindead and unpleasant.
15:11 jcamins Well, maybe a little.
15:11 jcamins ...
15:11 jcamins Anyway.
15:12 oleonard The commit which added "See verbose embedded documentation" is described as "improve embedded documentation and perldoc"
15:12 jcamins Hehe.
15:12 wizzyrea it's pretty fascinating to watch the webstats for the staff client in a big consortium.
15:13 wizzyrea biggish
15:14 schuster What are you using for web stats?
15:15 wizzyrea piwik
15:15 schuster Ah yes I was thinking about setting that up as well on our new VM box when we switch over.  I may be asking you questions...
15:15 wizzyrea if you're using SSL you'll have to configure piwik to use SSL too.
15:16 Callender joined #koha
15:19 asaurat1 left #koha
15:20 schuster K
15:21 jwagner joined #koha
15:26 cait joined #koha
15:26 * cait waves
15:28 wizzyrea hey cait :)
15:28 cait hey wizzyrea :)
15:37 slef damn
15:37 slef I just failed at buildQuery and getRecords
15:37 slef I'm guessing this search evaluates to true
15:37 NateC joined #koha
15:50 cait joined #koha
16:02 melia joined #koha
16:17 clrh slef: ok I'll try to think about this next time (summary on wiki edits)
16:18 cait hi chris :)
16:18 cait oh
16:19 cait confused cjh with clrh
16:19 cait *sigh*
16:19 cait hi claire of course!
16:19 jcamins clrh: hdl shared a link to his new Data::Search::Zebra, but I lost it. Do you have that handly?
16:20 clrh jcamins: in my irc logs maybe
16:20 cait yep i think it's in the logs from this morning
16:20 jcamins Thanks. I'll look there.
16:20 cait[…]earchEngine-Zebra
16:20 cait I still had the file open
16:21 jcamins :)
16:21 jcamins Thanks!
16:22 luisb joined #koha
16:22 jcamins cait++
16:22 slef clrh: thanks. It helps me know what I'm going to see before I open the diff :)
16:22 jcamins juan_sieira: around?
16:22 clrh jcamins: I only have this one:
16:22 clrh slef: I understand, thanks for the feedback
16:22 jcamins clrh: cait had a newer one. :)
16:23 jcamins Thanks!
16:23 clrh ha ah :) new work I didnt see this yet! great !:)
16:24 cait jcamins: done :)
16:24 jcamins clrh: with a few bugs that I will report to juan_sieira if he's around.
16:24 cait pehaps we could start adding bug reports?
16:24 cait with a link to the repository
16:24 clrh jcamins: maybe you can use the "issue tool in github"
16:24 jcamins Hm.
16:24 cait easier to comment, or on the wiki
16:24 cait or that
16:24 juan_sieira yes
16:24 cait hi juan_sieira :)
16:24 juan_sieira hi cait
16:25 jcamins Ah, here's juan_sieira! :)
16:25 cait jcamins: what was the other bug number?
16:25 juan_sieira hi jcamins
16:25 jcamins cait: bug 7537
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement TraceCompleteSubfields, TraceSubjectSubdivisions and UseICU for NORMARC XSLT
16:25 jcamins juan_sieira: Data::SearchEngine::Zebra does not take care of destroying the Zebra ResultSet.
16:25 cait ooh
16:26 cait I hope for you that has a test plan
16:26 jcamins cait: I think it does.
16:26 jcamins magnuse writes good test plans.
16:26 juan_sieira no, its in very very alpha state
16:26 cait ok it has
16:26 cait :)
16:26 juan_sieira and needs to destroy zebra conns ..
16:27 juan_sieira a long etc
16:27 kyleh bug 7485 could use a signoff, it's a one line fix, should make it into 3.8
16:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7485 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Cannot edit barcode on Fast Add
16:28 jcamins juan_sieira: hehe. I noticed that problem, and I noticed that it only supports "biblios" and "authorities" Zebra databases.
16:28 juan_sieira I'm now including facets and another info, and next I plan to add the other features
16:28 cait jcamins: wher ecan I see if I am actually using icu ?
16:28 jcamins cait: open up...
16:28 juan_sieira doing a more standard Data::SearchEngine::Zebra
16:28 cait I don't remember confiugring it, but the systempreference suggests I did
16:29 jcamins No, the systempreference is set to match the way it was in 3.6.
16:29 jcamins Even though that's probably wrong.
16:29 jcamins Because we don't want to cause any regressions.
16:29 jcamins etc/zebradb/etc/default.idx
16:29 cait there was no syspref in 3.6?
16:29 cait and shoulnd't it be set to not using icu by default then?
16:30 jcamins No, because if we set it to not using ICU by default, we'll break some installations.
16:30 jcamins There was a discussion of this on the bug.
16:30 cait ok
16:30 cait I didn't understand that
16:30 cait now I do
16:30 cait so people will acutally want to set it to "not use" to fix a bug?
16:30 cait or... still confused
16:30 jcamins The quoting was all wrong, thanks to the fact that I did most of the tracings work, and I've been using ICU for years.
16:31 jcamins Right.
16:31 cait ah
16:31 cait what do I see in that file?
16:31 jcamins And by "all wrong," I mean "on certain peculiar subjects, there will be problems." ;)
16:31 jcamins The last line in the first stanza. We want to know whether it says charmap or icusomething.
16:32 cait charmap
16:32 jcamins Okay, you're not using ICU.
16:32 cait so not using
16:32 cait ocol
16:32 cait cool, thanks :)
16:32 jcamins But you also haven't managed to run into the bug that UseICU was added to fix.
16:32 cait not on this installation
16:33 cait but I think I have seen it on an instalation where we use 653
16:33 cait with no authorities
16:33 jcamins Yup. That's the issue.
16:34 jcamins juan_sieira: you know what would probably be even better with Data::SearchEngine::Zebra? Make it return resultsets in the exact same data structure as Data::SearchEngine::Solr.
16:34 jcamins This may already be your plan.
16:34 jcamins If it is, that's a good plan. :)
16:34 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:36 cait ok, packing up laptop
16:36 cait hope to be back a little bit later
16:36 cait jcamins++ magnuse++ for great test plans!
16:36 jcamins :)
16:36 cait left #koha
16:37 juan_sieira yes, it's my plan
16:39 juan_sieira solr and zebra must have the same results
16:39 juan_sieira if possible
16:42 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:42 jcamins juan_sieira: agreed. This would also simplify destroying the ZOOM ResultSet... you could get the relevant data, populate the appropriate structure, and then destroy the ZOOM ResultSet before returning?
16:42 juan_sieira yes
16:43 jcamins Isn't it great the way you can't work on a project two days before I'm telling you what to do? :P
16:44 juan_sieira :)
16:44 laurence left #koha
16:45 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:45 juan_sieira all opinions about it are welcome
16:46 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:46 gaetan_B bye!
16:46 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:46 * jcamins has lots of opinions.
16:46 jcamins You may hav noticed.
16:46 * jcamins tosses wizzyrea the duct tape.
16:46 juan_sieira :))
16:46 juan_sieira yes
16:47 wizzyrea joined #koha
16:47 wizzyrea there, that's better.
16:47 wizzyrea sorry about that. :P
16:49 * slef finishes planting his head against this brick wall
16:50 jcamins slef: what are you trying to do?
16:51 slef bug 7494
16:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
16:52 slef jcamins: trying to make the fallback search limit itself to available items
16:52 slef I think actually zebra index lag is biting me
16:52 slef and it has worked for about 30mins
16:55 jcamins "Available items" is a bit problematic.
16:56 wizzyrea problematic is being generous.
16:56 slef why so?
16:56 jcamins What can I say? I'm a generous kind of guy. :P
16:57 wizzyrea because you have to define "available for what, exactly"
16:57 jcamins At least when I'm talking about other people's problems.
16:57 jcamins Because the search doesn't actually work in GRS-1.
16:57 slef not onloan or lost
16:57 slef that'll do
16:58 slef although maybe it'll find withdrawn items
16:58 slef hmmm
16:58 jcamins It'll not find items that are available, too.
16:58 jcamins With GRS-1.
16:58 slef some or all?
16:59 slef @query available
16:59 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2396 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add a syspref to block the ability to place next available hold in OPAC on titles that only have lost items.
16:59 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2708 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Checked out items saying available
16:59 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3792 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Checking out on-hold item to someone else replaces item-level hold with next available
16:59 sekjal joined #koha
16:59 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4494 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Staff client incorrectly reports no copies available to be placed on hold
16:59 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5463 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , limit to available shows on hold items
16:59 slef @query GRS-1
16:59 huginn slef: No results for "GRS-1."
16:59 slef jcamins: does bugzilla know this?
16:59 gmcharlt slef: it's hiding
17:02 jcamins slef: somewhere it does.
17:03 jcamins slef: the issue is that if you have *one* item marked lost, or *one* item checked out, Zebra may conclude that the entire work is unavailable.
17:03 slef jcamins: wahey!
17:04 jcamins gmcharlt is paving the wy to fixing that.
17:04 slef jcamins: index or search misconfiguration, or zebra bug?
17:04 jcamins @query DOM
17:04 jcamins The former.
17:04 wahanui well, the former is much more complicated.
17:04 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7818 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
17:04 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7421 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, frederic, Needs Signoff , UNIMARC authorities DOM indexing mode
17:04 jcamins Unfortunately, it's a permanent issue wih GRS-1.
17:05 NateC joined #koha
17:06 jcamins Hence my desire to switch to DOM.
17:07 jcamins Well, actually, my desire to switch to DOM has more to do with relator terms.
17:08 wizzyrea_away joined #koha
17:13 Oak joined #koha
17:34 alaquerre joined #koha
17:35 alaquerre Hi everyone.  Quick question.  Some of our user like to go in the patron section to do the check in.  The problem we have is that the "Renew" checkbox is automatically selected when we enter in the page.  Is this configurable ?
17:39 alaquerre Just to complete, they go in the patron section often when user know they have fine.  They need to return all documents.  They click on "Renew/Return" button.  Since the documents are already selected, they are renew and not return.  The fine is they erase etc...
17:44 wizzyrea I'd file a bug on that
17:45 wizzyrea or, train people to not do that.
17:48 wizzyrea joined #koha
17:49 wizzyrea well that's a relief. At least they let you download the old version of colloquy still.
17:49 jcamins For a temporary solution, you might try using jQuery to automatically deselect the renew buttons.
17:49 * wizzyrea grumps about things that only work with lion.
17:49 wizzyrea that's probably a better solution actually
17:49 wizzyrea .
17:49 alaquerre Wizzy... interresting idea.
17:50 alaquerre jcamins oups :-)
17:50 alaquerre Wizzyrea : Is there already a ticket on this or we need to create one ?
17:51 wizzyrea dunno, on second thought i think you should just nuke them with jquery
17:51 alaquerre ok thanks!
17:51 wizzyrea because that's really probably specific to you
17:51 wizzyrea and that's why we have intranetuserjs
17:52 wizzyrea @quote get 123
17:52 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
17:52 wizzyrea to compensate for these ^^ ;)
17:54 alaquerre Totally agree. :-)  On a general note, how do we determine if something need a sys. pref.  Is there a commity that take this decision ? It's more to understand how we should code stuff to make sure that will get in international Koha.
17:55 wizzyrea generally speaking, if you are thinking of doing something that you think someone else might not want, you should add a syspref.
17:55 jcamins alaquerre: if you can't get anyone to agree on the functionality, a syspref is needed.
17:55 wizzyrea but there's no committee
17:55 jcamins If everyone thinks it's a brilliant idea, you might not need one.
17:55 jcamins *Might*. ;)
17:55 wizzyrea and most new features, if they are contentious, will need one simply so people don't have to use it if they don't want to
17:56 * jcamins goes to have some lunch.
17:56 Oak sleep time. me go now. later guys.
17:56 wizzyrea later oak
17:56 Oak :)
17:56 wizzyrea have a nice lunch jcamins_away
17:57 alaquerre got it.  Thanks for the infos. see ya!
18:07 cait joined #koha
18:08 * cait waves
18:10 cait jcamins_away: still around somehow?
18:25 * magnuse waves
18:36 cait joined #koha
18:37 jcamins Woohoo!
18:37 jcamins cait++
18:38 magnuse cait++ always!
18:38 cait magnuse: you have a reason to :)
18:38 cait jcamins: more
18:38 cait jcamins: more bugs plz :)
18:38 magnuse cait++ for signing off 7537! :-)
18:39 jcamins cait: I'm sure I can find something.
18:39 cait yep
18:39 magnuse cait: i did one... let me see
18:39 cait and your search probably works better than mine
18:39 cait we are at a stationright now
18:39 cait hurry! heh
18:39 jcamins Bug 7715
18:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7715 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Needs Signoff , Add biblio.subtitle and appropriate mappings to MARC frameworks
18:39 magnuse bug 7436
18:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7436 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Set itemtypes.rentalcharge = 0 in sample data for nb-NO and de-DE
18:39 jcamins Bug 6874
18:39 cait I will take on 7436 first
18:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , File upload in MARC
18:40 cait but trying to make brnaches for all of them now as fast as I can :)
18:40 magnuse i even did de-DE especially for you, cait :-)
18:40 magnuse woohoo!
18:40 jcamins Ooh, this is a good one.
18:40 jcamins Bug 7695.
18:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7695 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Needs Signoff , Boolean operator AND in XSLT gets translated
18:40 cait oh
18:40 cait I thought that was fixed
18:40 cait okok
18:40 cait stop
18:40 cait for now :)
18:40 magnuse hehe
18:42 cait conflict in 7695
18:42 jcamins Aww.
18:42 cait xsl files
18:42 cait detail pages
18:43 cait I will check if I can resolve
18:43 cait ok, probably will kick me out again
18:46 mbalmer irc client indicates someone talked to me , but I see noting in the backlog I have
18:46 magnuse cait: i get the error on 7695 too
18:47 cait yeah
18:47 cait I am fixig
18:47 cait it's the change for useICU :)
18:47 cait with the different quoting
18:47 cait easy to resolve
18:48 magnuse ah, yeah there were some patches in the same area there
18:49 cait should be ok
18:49 cait don#t worry
18:49 * magnuse breathes a sigh of relief
18:49 rangi Morning
18:49 magnuse kia ora rangi!
18:51 cait good morning rangi :)
18:51 cait will prove show me if I left conflict markers?
18:52 * magnuse thinks it should do that
18:52 sekjal prove xt
18:53 NateC joined #koha
18:56 cait hm
18:56 rangi There is a 00 test
18:56 cait 00-valid-xml.t failed...
18:56 rangi Look in t
18:56 cait that's probably a sign I did something wrong in the xsl files :P
18:56 rangi For conflict markers
18:57 magnuse cait: i could easily do a new patch
18:57 magnuse i did say "This will probably need a rebase if Bug 7092 gets pushed." (and 7092 is pushed now)
18:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7092 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Complete-subfield searches TraceCompleteSubfields syspref not working correctly
19:10 magnuse cait++
19:13 oleonard joined #koha
19:24 nengard so much cool stuff in 3.8 that needs documenting!! Been doing it all day:[…]ocs.git;a=summary
19:24 rangi ohh new newsletter
19:24 rangi danielg++
19:25 magnuse nengard++
19:25 magnuse danielg++
19:25 nengard danielg++
19:25 nengard :)
19:26 rangi nengard++
19:27 cait joined #koha
19:27 nengard of course writing documentation means I find bugs ?
19:30 jcamins nengard: did you already document bug 7284?
19:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Authority matching algorithm improvements
19:30 nengard no
19:30 nengard you want to do it?? :)
19:30 magnuse cait: i took the liberty of marking 7695 as signed off for you
19:30 jcamins Nope. Thanks for asking, though.
19:30 magnuse lol
19:30 jcamins Actually, with the amount of text in that commit message, you could probably just copy and paste into the appropriate sections, and add Docbook tags.
19:31 wizzyrea ^^ was gonna say
19:34 jcamins Actually, that's true of most of my commit messages, isn't it?
19:35 jcamins At some point I figured out how much text I'd written in commit messages. It was impressive.
19:35 rangi i bet i could do stats on that :)
19:36 jcamins rangi: bet my words-commit ratio would be near the top.
19:36 rangi i wonder what your length in irc is
19:36 jcamins From 7284 alone!
19:36 rangi thd still wins i bet
19:36 * rangi will rerun the stats
19:37 cait hehe
19:37 * cait waves
19:37 jcamins No bet there.
19:37 rangi !jenkins build Master_Packages now
19:37 jenkins_koha rangi: job Master_Packages build scheduled now
19:50 rangi
19:51 rangi jenkins_koha: 43.9
19:51 jenkins_koha rangi did you mean me? Unknown command '43.9'
19:51 jenkins_koha Use '!jenkins help' to get help!
19:51 rangi heh
19:51 rangi jcamins: 43.9
19:52 magnuse words per commit?
19:52 wizzyrea my quote is pretty funny
19:52 rangi it is :)
19:53 jcamins Hehe.
19:53 rangi mine is prophecy
19:53 wizzyrea yours is too
19:53 rangi :)
19:53 wizzyrea kf's is funny too
19:53 rangi typical jcamins is talking about indexing
19:53 rangi :)
19:53 oleonard kf isn't far from taking number 2 spot. That's good news.
19:53 jcamins rangi: lol
19:54 * wizzyrea will have to talk more!
19:55 rangi :)
19:56 rangi yeah 6000 lines .. that wont be long
19:56 rangi 20k for you wizzyrea
19:56 schuster off to a meeting have a great evening/day everyone!
19:56 rangi get cracking
19:56 rangi cya schuster
19:57 * wizzyrea suddenly has nothing to say
19:57 wizzyrea >.>
19:57 wizzyrea <.<
19:57 wizzyrea oh wait, yes I do - most used words
19:57 wizzyrea "think" and "about"
19:58 rangi heh
19:58 bag nice still in the top 20 :)
19:58 jcamins Wow... I've said almost as much as paul.
19:58 maximep left #koha
19:59 wizzyrea all about indexing.
19:59 wizzyrea j/k j/k
19:59 bag @wunder 93109
19:59 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 16.0°C (12:58 PM PDT on March 27, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 65%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Falling).
19:59 bag @wunder 93105
19:59 huginn bag: The current temperature in Samarkand, Santa Barbara, California is 17.1°C (12:57 PM PDT on March 27, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.10 in 1019 hPa (Falling).
19:59 jcamins wizzyrea: no, just mostly. :P
20:02 * jcamins calls it a day.
20:02 jcamins Bye.
20:09 kathryn joined #koha
20:14 Brooke joined #koha
20:14 Brooke o/
20:14 NateC joined #koha
20:14 Brooke natec?
20:14 wahanui I LIKE SPACE AND MY WIFE
20:15 NateC :)
20:18 wizzyrea hey brooke
20:18 Brooke howday
20:23 magnuse so, what's the optimal format for a sql file (for the web installer) these days?
20:24 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "something like this?" (6 lines) at
20:28 oleonard Bye #koha
20:28 Brooke cheers
20:29 JesseM left #koha
20:30 wizzyrea magnuse: i wondered the same thing
20:31 * wizzyrea doesn't want to get yelled at for doing mysqlisms.
20:31 wizzyrea :(
20:31 magnuse yay, not just me being stupid, then :-)
20:31 * magnuse neither
20:33 magnuse oh well, i'll give it a try
20:41 magnuse bug 7837 if anyone wants to shout at me
20:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7837 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , nb-NO z3950servers.sql misses column names
20:41 magnuse :-)
20:42 magnuse g'night #koha
20:42 Brooke night
20:45 rangi !jenkins build Master_Packages now
20:45 jenkins_koha rangi: job Master_Packages build scheduled now
20:57 rangi Joubu++
20:58 sekjal time for my bus home.  night, all!
20:58 Brooke cheers
21:01 rangi[…]1397&groupid=main
21:01 rangi all kotui sites are down
21:02 cait joined #koha
21:02 rangi hey cait
21:02 Brooke hi Cait :D
21:03 cait hi rangi and Brooke :)
21:05 Culiforge joined #koha
21:05 Culiforge is apsx for apache needed for a koha install?
21:06 rangi wtf is apsx ?
21:06 wizzyrea ^^
21:06 wizzyrea lol.
21:07 wizzyrea "active server page framework" something microsoft.
21:07 wizzyrea gonna go with no on that one.
21:07 rangi eeew
21:07 rangi hell no
21:09 Culiforge ok, it's asking me while it's installing cpan stuff so I thought I'd ask.. thanks
21:09 wizzyrea oh, use packages where/when you can. Much easier.
21:09 * gmcharlt hands rangi a stiff drink
21:09 rangi what distro are you using?
21:09 rangi if its recent debian or debian based (like ubuntu or mint)
21:09 wizzyrea hm, maybe that should be the 4th or 5th question
21:10 rangi everything is packaged
21:10 rangi shouldnt need cpan
21:10 Culiforge I'd like to but the school system where the libraries are is using Fedora (ugh
21:10 wizzyrea oo.
21:12 Culiforge yeah, i've already got it up and running on my ubuntu.. took me like 10 min to install it.. but the boss wants it on fedora14...
21:13 wizzyrea :(
21:13 wizzyrea bummer
21:14 ibeardslee Culiforge's boss --
21:14 Culiforge yeah, and it's a public school system so yeah, try and tell a 'little government' like that they're doing it wrong eh..
21:15 rangi back in the olden days
21:15 rangi like 2003
21:15 rangi we had someone make rpm for the dependencies
21:15 Culiforge s'ok, though.. I sold them on Koha by running it off my home pc running ubuntu 11.10
21:15 rangi nice :)
21:16 Culiforge rangi: where's that 'someone' now.. I could use them :)
21:16 rangi disappeared into the ether
21:17 rangi but in theory
21:17 rangi alien
21:17 rangi would get you most of the way
21:17 Culiforge rangi: after doing this install on fedora, I may just learn to sightread traditional chinese
21:17 rangi[…]command-examples/
21:18 Culiforge rangi: neato, I'll check that out.. thanks. looks spiffy
21:20 rangi ymmv :)
21:24 chilts joined #koha
21:24 Space_Librarian joined #koha
21:27 Judit joined #koha
22:12 jcamins_away I'm online, yes?
22:14 jcamins_away @wunder 11375
22:14 huginn jcamins_away: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 10.0°C (5:42 PM EDT on March 27, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 8%. Dew Point: -23.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.20 in 1023 hPa (Rising).
22:14 jcamins_away Yep, I am.
22:16 cait ?
22:16 cait :)
22:21 jcamins Checking whether I had Internet.
22:22 Space_Librarian @wunder Wellington, nz
22:22 huginn Space_Librarian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (11:00 AM NZDT on March 28, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Rising).
22:25 jcamins windows--
23:08 cait left #koha
23:18 Space_Librarian interesting... so. Our Ebsco guy just phoned to tell us that everything's out. Was surprised that we knew
23:18 rangi wow
23:18 rangi they only phoned now?
23:18 rangi its been down since 5am nztime
23:18 Space_Librarian Apparently scheduled maintenance in Boston went horribly wrong. And they don't when it'll be up again.
23:18 rangi ouch!
23:19 Space_Librarian Yeah, I said I'd noticed, and saw it was the same on twitter.
23:19 Space_Librarian (He's from Sydney - slow guys).
23:19 rangi some of the kotui sites are back
23:19 rangi very slow tho
23:19 rangi so looks like recovering
23:19 eythian I can't see them at all.
23:19 Space_Librarian orly? He wouldn't give us a time it's be back though.
23:19 Space_Librarian it'd*
23:19 eythian oh, there they go
23:20 eythian yeah, that was a good 30 second load time
23:20 rangi feels to me like they are under heavy load
23:20 rangi maybe got half the server farm back up or something
23:20 Space_Librarian it was world wide, and he said it was massive.
23:20 rangi heads will roll
23:20 Space_Librarian yes they will.
23:21 Space_Librarian How much revenue have they lost from this outage?! Yikes.
23:28 Brooke joined #koha
23:28 Brooke o/
23:29 jcamins Space_Librarian: even more than the cost of renovations in this apartment!
23:29 Brooke jcamins: make sure you pick a reliable alternative to open source renovators. ;)
23:30 Brooke I think the Tea Party tossed the servers in the harbour.
23:30 jcamins Brooke: lol
23:30 Space_Librarian jcamins: ain't that the truth. I must say, I love the status update on their website.
23:31 Brooke now now, share the amusement, shells. :)
23:31 Space_Librarian Seeing if I can find it again
23:32 Space_Librarian "Due to routine maintenance currently underway, we are experiencing temporary service interruptions for EBSCOhost and EDS users.  We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that our engineering team is working on this top priority to restore service as soon as possible."
23:32 Brooke The DeathStar had a couple of hiccups after a rogue attack by disgruntled teens. We'll get right on it.
23:33 Brooke Extremely Bad Service Call it Off.
23:33 Space_Librarian lol.
23:46 * jcamins ponders flashing his router with DD-WRT. Why? Because he can.
23:55 ronald joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary