IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 NateC joined #koha
00:34 mib_ay8afl joined #koha
01:04 libsysguy joined #koha
01:41 melia left #koha
03:04 libsysguy1 joined #koha
03:29 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:38 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:45 aleksa joined #koha
03:55 bag heya Amit_Gupta
04:25 aleksa joined #koha
04:52 edveal left #koha
05:06 cait joined #koha
05:14 luisb joined #koha
05:58 cait good morning #koha
06:09 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:31 cait good morning magnuse :)
06:32 magnuse hiya cait
06:46 Amit_Gupta heya cait
06:46 Amit_Gupta heya magnuse
06:46 cait hi Amit_Gupta
06:48 magnuse namaste Amit_Gupta
06:58 cait magnuse: which field is issn stored in unimarc?
07:00 Amit_Gupta 011
07:00 cait htank you Amit_Gupta :)
07:00 magnuse cait: dunno
07:00 cait did a typo though
07:00 cait wanted to ask NORMARC :)
07:00 cait 022?
07:00 magnuse ah
07:00 magnuse think so
07:00 magnuse lemme check
07:01 magnuse yup issn is 022 - most things are the same as marc21
07:02 cait cool :)
07:02 cait thought so but wanted to make sure .)
07:02 magnuse and did i rant about normarc now only being available as a pdf? how stupid is that?
07:02 cait heh
07:02 cait marc21 in german is only available as pdf too...
07:02 magnuse gah
07:02 cait I like the simple html solution of loc better, easier to read and search
07:02 magnuse yup, and link to!
07:03 magnuse makes me want to create my own html version
07:03 cait :)
07:04 * magnuse takes the dogs out
07:05 cait later magnuse
07:18 alex_a bonjour
07:18 wahanui que tal, alex_a
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:46 ti joined #koha
07:46 ti hello people
07:47 ti I have installed koha 3.6 but it is not able to search Biblio records... it used to before..what might I have changed
07:49 ti will greatly appreciate your help
07:49 laurence joined #koha
07:49 cait ti: you can start with the search faq
07:49 laurence left #koha
07:49 cait search faq?
07:49 wahanui it has been said that search faq is at[…]on/faq/searching/
07:49 cait bye all bbiab
07:49 laurence joined #koha
07:49 cait left #koha
07:50 mbalmer joined #koha
07:52 hdl joined #koha
07:54 ti i am trying to search the machine but it returns an error
07:55 ti like this.....No results match your search for “kw,wrdl: geography ” in Geothermal Development Company Library Catalog
07:55 ti where could be the problem? would really appreciate
08:06 julian_m joined #koha
08:07 sophie_m joined #koha
08:08 Guillaume joined #koha
08:08 hdl joined #koha
08:08 laurence joined #koha
08:13 matts joined #koha
08:14 kf joined #koha
08:14 kf hi again #koha
08:20 magnuse hiya kf
08:24 magnuse wow, there were moose tracks right next to our garbage bins - havn't seen them that close before
08:24 magnuse @wunder boo
08:24 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 1.0°C (8:50 AM CET on February 22, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 29.24 in 990 hPa (Falling).
08:24 magnuse yay
08:30 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:30 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -3.1°C (9:24 AM CET on February 22, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 30.53 in 1033.7 hPa (Rising).
08:31 mbalmer morning.
08:31 magnuse nah nah nah nah naaah nah
08:31 magnuse hiya mbalmer
08:31 mbalmer interesting article about a community whose name has been trademarked (rings a bell..?), in german only:
08:31 mbalmer[…]rino-1439733.html
09:06 julian_m joined #koha
09:21 mveron joined #koha
09:24 matts_ joined #koha
09:39 mveron Good morning #koha
09:39 magnuse hiya mveron
09:40 Culiforge joined #koha
09:41 mveron magnuse: Question about Bug 7445 (Tagcloud and language error)
09:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7445 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
09:41 magnuse shoot!
09:41 magnuse :-)
09:42 mveron I think Norwegian is the only exception for the workaround bei F Somers
09:43 magnuse that could well be
09:43 magnuse so it might make sense to incorporate what i saw as a quick and dirty fix
09:43 mveron I had a look at the languages supportet by Snoball
09:44 mveron My proposition is to declare your "dirty hack" to a "pragmatc solution"
09:45 magnuse works for me :-)
09:45 mveron Well, would be fine to have it in one of the next releases, otherwise I have to apply the "hack" after each update :-)
09:46 * mveron somebody caling at the door
09:46 magnuse i can do a patch for my hack, and we'll see if qa shoots it down or not
10:04 paul_p joined #koha
10:11 Culiforge g'morning. I reinstalled koha on a new system and everything went smoothly and without error until I realized that apache nor zebra are starting at boot and the deb installer did not set up a mysql database as it did previously... what to do? can I/should i uninstall the koha-common package and reinstall or no?
10:13 magnuse Culiforge: the packages are not supposed to install mysql, because people might not want to run that on the same server as the rest of the system
10:13 magnuse i'm not sure about apache/zebra not starting on boot, though, that sounds... bad
10:16 Culiforge magnuse: bad? how so... I don't like bad... :(
10:19 magnuse well, they are supposed to start on boot - not sure what might be causing them not to
10:22 Culiforge magnuse: well, mysql was not installed when I first ran the koha package. I then installed mysql and reinstalled the koha package. Maybe to bold on my part.
10:24 magnuse reinstalling the koha package should not have been necessary, but it shouldn't do any damage either
10:25 mveron joined #koha
10:25 Culiforge magnuse: whew! at least that
10:25 magnuse :-)
10:25 mveron magnuse: Maybe I missed an answer. The "Pragmatic Hack Patch" would be great!
10:26 Culiforge magnuse: also I have no koha-conf.xml file.. I have ??
10:26 kf hi mveron
10:26 mveron hi kf
10:27 Culiforge magnuse: site not site[s]
10:27 magnuse koha-conf.xml files will be created when you create sites with koha-create
10:27 magnuse is the template that is used to create this files
10:28 magnuse s/this/those/
10:28 magnuse and they will be /etc/koha/sites/yoursitename/koha-conf.xml
10:29 Culiforge magnuse: ok, so the main problem is apache not autostarting then to run koha-create?
10:30 magnuse um, there's no connection there, i think
10:30 magnuse koha-create creates the sites for you, independently of apache
10:30 magnuse but you need apache up and running for the sites to be usable, of course
10:31 Culiforge magnuse: dang! I thought i was on to something.. but in the overall... yes.. what you said.. solve the apache starting before proceeding to ensure my koha install has no further problems...
10:34 magnuse sounds like a good plan
10:35 Culiforge magnuse: so I restart apache and get '*:80 has no virtual hosts'
10:37 magnuse ah, that's a classic
10:37 magnuse it's not a big problem, though
10:37 magnuse i think everything shoud work just fine all the same
10:38 magnuse if you have not created any sites yet it could be because of that, maybe
10:39 Culiforge magnuse: I had previously edited (insert filename I forgot here) to include :8080 as well and fixed the 'no fully qualified domain name' error
10:39 magnuse might be /etc/apache2/ports.conf
10:39 Culiforge magnuse:  yes, that's it, thank you
10:45 Culiforge magnuse: sudo apt-get --reinstall install apache2? maybe?
10:46 Culiforge magnuse: saw a thread in ubuntu forums where that fixed a similar problem
10:46 magnuse hm, i'm not sure actually
10:46 magnuse it shouldn't hurt though, i think...
10:47 Culiforge magnuse: I'm just afraid of running off and doing something then coming back for help and be met with "gah!!! what did you do that for???"
10:49 Culiforge magnuse: sometimes I'm a ninny but I'm getting better (I hope)
10:49 magnuse hehe
10:50 magnuse you might try poking around in the logs and see if there is an error somewhere about apache not starting on boot
10:51 Culiforge magnuse: any logs in particular?
10:52 magnuse the apache log(s?) might be a start
10:53 magnuse and some kind of system log probably, but that's not my area of exprtice...
10:54 magnuse googling a little for something like "apache not starting on boot" might also be instructive
11:08 Culiforge magnuse: is there a way to see if apache is 'set' to start on boot without rebooting?
11:10 magnuse there are some hints here:[…]hread.php?t=14582
11:10 magnuse find /etc/rc* | grep "apache"
11:11 magnuse should give a list of things like "/etc/rc0.d/K09apache2"
11:12 Culiforge magnuse: indeed it does.. so if that's there then it should now start at boot, correct? theoretically...
11:12 magnuse theoretically, yes ;-)
11:14 Culiforge magnuse: ok.. great.. I simply reinstalled apache for that.. hopefully that was what was neccessary
11:14 magnuse fingers crossed :-)
11:16 Culiforge magnuse: quick help on koha-create syntax and I'll leave you alone.. koha-create --create-db \ 'newlibrarydatabase'?
11:16 magnuse check "man koha-create" :-)
11:17 Culiforge magnuse: righto, will do.. was looking on the wiki but didn't see any examples
11:17 magnuse but yes: sudo koha-create --create-db instancename
11:17 magnuse[…]kages#koha-create ?
11:17 Culiforge magnuse: no \.. that's what's shown on the commands in the wiki
11:17 Culiforge yes
11:18 magnuse ah, that is just to say that everything should be on one line
11:18 Culiforge got it
11:18 Culiforge thanks again for the help.. I gotta run for  a bit
11:19 magnuse have fun! :-)
11:40 nengard joined #koha
11:57 laurence left #koha
12:08 thd-away joined #koha
12:11 thd-away` joined #koha
12:14 thd-awa`` joined #koha
12:15 cul_away left #koha
12:18 thd-away joined #koha
12:22 jwagner joined #koha
12:22 thd-away` joined #koha
12:23 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 tcohen hi #koha
12:27 thd-away joined #koha
12:30 thd-away` joined #koha
12:33 thd-awa`` joined #koha
13:04 collum joined #koha
13:07 matts joined #koha
13:15 slef morning #koha
13:16 oleonard joined #koha
13:16 kf morning(?) slef
13:16 magnus_afk kia ora slef
13:17 slef kf: it's always morning somewhere.
13:17 NateC joined #koha
13:17 slef eythian: right-o. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a debian port-assigning tool somewhere.
13:17 oleonard Like here for instance (morning)
13:18 NateC left #koha
13:18 hdl joined #koha
13:18 NateC joined #koha
13:18 NateC left #koha
13:18 slef oleonard: oh you crazy Americans
13:18 NateC joined #koha
13:19 slef @marc topic
13:19 huginn slef: unknown tag topic
13:20 slef huginn: you'd be much more useful if you search the headings too.
13:20 huginn slef: I suck
13:20 slef wahanui: marc21?
13:20 wahanui hmmm... marc21 is at[…]hic/ecbdlist.html ,
13:21 Shane-S joined #koha
13:21 Shane-S morning :)
13:21 slef hi Shane-S
13:21 slef ok, this is an odd question
13:22 kf morning oleonard .)
13:23 slef there's a field containing a reference to the database entry for an object that the book is about. Suggestions for marc tag? (Do I need jcamins_away to return?)
13:24 Shane-S Can I add amazon as a Z39.50 source?
13:25 oleonard Shane-S: I don't think so
13:25 slef Shane-S: NAFAIK but could search
13:25 magnus_afk Shane-S: only if they actually have a z39.50 server (and i don't think so)
13:26 slef I sometimes get tempted to reply to librarians that ask stuff like this that they made their catalogue and marc21 was defined by other librarians, so please stop putting us engineers to mediate between two groups of librarians ;)
13:27 janPasi is koha ok with 64 bit debian?
13:27 slef janPasi: yes
13:27 magnus_afk janPasi: yup
13:27 Shane-S I am having a hard time locating a "Green Eggs and Ham" book, why I ask, as isn't working
13:27 * slef ponders using 650$a and 650$2 yet again.
13:27 kf slef: I would love to help you with the marc -but I don't undestand the question
13:27 kf do you have an example?
13:28 janPasi perfect, thanks slef and magnus_afk :)
13:28 slef kf: the examples are just stuff like 6741
13:28 kf Shane-S: try loc
13:28 kf 6741??
13:28 slef kf: but then they can look 6741 up in the other database to get details on the artefact that the book mentions.
13:29 kf hm
13:29 kf but it's not a direct link?
13:29 slef seems a very old-fashioned system to me
13:29 slef nah, just a pointer
13:29 kf and it doesnot have an authority record?
13:29 slef oooh it should, shouldn't it?
13:29 kf if they plan to use authorities for 650 I would put it in 653
13:29 kf it's for uncontrolled terms
13:29 kf @marc 653
13:29 huginn kf: An index term added entry that is not constructed by standard subject heading/thesaurus-building conventions. (Repeatable) [a,6,8]
13:30 kf that's where I put stuff that will not fit anywhere else
13:30 kf but there might also be a footnote you could use maybe
13:30 matts_ joined #koha
13:31 slef I'll bounce it back and see if they'll use the other database as authority records. Thanks for the idea.
13:31 kf slef: and it will still show up as clickable link in the opac
13:35 jcamins_away kf: database errors don't sound good. :(
13:36 jcamins_away slef: did you figure out which field you needed?
13:36 slef jcamins_away: bouncing it back for them to decide if the other db will be loaded as authorities
13:36 slef jcamins_away: pondering 650$a or 653$a depending on their answer
13:37 jcamins_away slef: Ah. That makes sense.
13:37 kf jcamins_away: it was missing a bibliocovers table - I was wondering if I missed the update of if there was a bug with it
13:38 kf jcamins_away: only saw it while I was checking for errors on another patch
13:38 kf slef: I think the mailinglist didn't work - I never got any mail :(
13:38 jcamins_away Sounds like you missed the update.
13:39 slef kf: your address is on there. Hrm, it should have mailed you. I will email it again this week.
13:40 kf slef: sorry for having a stubborn email address
13:41 Shane-S what adding a record, it follows up with an "Add Item" screen, the barcode field has ... but it does nothing, how do I make that work?
13:43 oleonard Shane-S: Do you have any items in your database yet?
13:43 Shane-S not sure, just imported a z39.50 and add an item
13:44 oleonard I'm guessing that you don't have any items in your database yet, and thus the auto-incrementing barcode plugin doesn't find any existing barcode to increment
13:45 kf or it's not activaed
13:45 kf by default
13:45 kf the system preference is Autobarcode I think
13:45 Shane-S ah okay, I will look around tutorial ended without cataloging, so I have to search the wiki more
13:46 magnus_afk documentation?
13:46 wahanui documentation is at
13:47 magnus_afk Shane-S: not just the wiki, there's a manual too ;-)
14:06 edveal joined #koha
14:07 Shane-S I tried that...didn't find an I imported 1960's Dr.Seuss Green Eggs from Lib. Cong. added 2 required fields, added 1 I search the cataloging for "green" or "seuss" and get no results found...that a zebra issue?
14:07 data_doctor joined #koha
14:09 oleonard Sounds like it Shane-S
14:09 oleonard Did you see the searching faq?
14:09 oleonard searching faq?
14:09 wahanui it has been said that searching faq is at[…]on/faq/searching/
14:09 hdl joined #koha
14:10 Shane-S 404
14:10 jcamins_away oleonard: I was not able to replicate the error message you encountered.
14:10 jcamins_away wahanui: forget searching faq
14:10 wahanui jcamins_away: I forgot searching faq
14:10 oleonard 404? Bummer.
14:10 jcamins_away searching faq is at
14:11 oleonard I'll try it again jcamins_away
14:12 kyle joined #koha
14:12 Shane-S ah appears I missed a step...Zebra Cron Job...
14:13 Shane-S *hunts for his install guide print out* , ty
14:14 trea joined #koha
14:19 hdl joined #koha
14:19 JesseM joined #koha
14:24 ago43 joined #koha
14:28 trea morning Koha o/
14:30 magnus_afk hiya trea
14:30 trea hi magnus_afk
14:30 trea is anyone aware of a problem with batch item delete in master currently?
14:32 Shane-S now i really need help....
14:32 trea what do you see when you type "env"
14:33 trea Shane-S:
14:33 Shane-S any specific segment you want?
14:33 jcamins_away Shane-S: you need tos et the environment variables PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF.
14:33 jcamins_away *to set
14:34 trea ^
14:35 Shane-S okay...thanks I will see if I missed that or if it wasn't in my install doc I have
14:35 maximep joined #koha
14:35 chris_n what date "usually" goes in 260$c?
14:36 oleonard The copyright date
14:37 chris_n my catalogers thank you :-)
14:38 oleonard jcamins_away: Why can't I get my authorities to re-index properly? Is this right? /home/oleonard/kohaclone/misc/m​igration_tools/ -a -r -v
14:41 Shane-S oleonard: my was in /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/, docs have <path/to/koha>/misc/migration_tools/
14:42 Shane-S I used locate to find mine
14:42 jcamins_away oleonard: that looks right, yes. What's it doing when you run that?
14:42 jcamins_away oleonard: are you getting an error, or just no results when searching?
14:42 oleonard jcamins_away: The problem is that I'm trying to delete one and it continues to show up in search results
14:43 jcamins_away oleonard: odd. And deleting the authority worked prior to the patch for 7284?
14:44 * oleonard doesn't even know anymore!
14:45 wizzyrea oleonard: there's something up with deletes in master I think
14:45 jcamins_away Ah, that would explain it.
14:45 wizzyrea i don't have direct evidence yet
14:45 wizzyrea but it's the first thing i'm going to look at this morning
14:45 * jcamins_away didn't know that.
14:45 wizzyrea jcamins_away: that's not surprising
14:46 jcamins_away And after that, wizzyrea is going to look at 7284, too. It'll be a 7284 party on #koha today. Woohoo!
14:46 wizzyrea :)
14:46 * jcamins_away brings out the saltine chocolate toffee bark.
14:46 jcamins_away Shari eats it all.
14:46 * oleonard has moved on to the 7284 after-party, Bug 7310
14:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7310 normal, P3, ---,, Needs Signoff , Improving permissions on lists (virtual shelves)
14:46 slef @marc 260 b
14:46 huginn slef: Name of publisher, distributor, etc. May contain the abbreviation [s.n.] when the name is unknown. (Repeatable)
14:46 * jcamins_away brings out the sandtarts
14:46 slef @marc 260 a
14:46 huginn slef: Place of publication, distribution, etc. May contain the abbreviation [S.l.] when the place is unknown. (Repeatable)
14:47 jcamins_away oleonard: ooh, yeah, that's a good one. But not quite as good as 7284 IMHO. ;)
14:47 kf jcamins_away: yum!
14:48 kf chris_n: you will want to put it in one of the 00x fields too - so the search works
14:48 wizzyrea confirmed that at least batch delete for items throws a "undefined sub &C4::Search::SimpleSearch
14:48 wizzyrea "
14:49 wizzyrea what's the error you're getting oleonard
14:49 chris_n kf: which?
14:49 * jcamins_away is sure that's not caused by 7284.
14:49 wizzyrea right, i am too
14:49 jcamins_away slef: see kf's message for chris_n.
14:49 jcamins_away chris_n: pretty sure kf's message was for slef. ;)
14:50 oleonard wizzyrea: I'm not getting any error at all from deleting an authority record.
14:50 * jcamins_away runs to catch the bus.
14:51 slef hrm
14:52 talljoy joined #koha
14:52 wizzyrea right, because C4::Search was removed from, or removed from a module that referenced it
14:52 Shane-S trying to set PERL5LIB...using[…]ent-variable.html but not sure what I am doing...reading I should edit /etc/environment but not clear on my perl path
14:53 wizzyrea at least that's as best I can gather.
14:53 wizzyrea paul_p
14:53 Shane-S I have /usr/lib/perl5 and /usr/share/perl5
14:53 paul_p wizzyrea yes ?
14:53 paul_p (good morning)
14:53 oleonard Part of C4 de-nesting wizzyrea?
14:53 chris_n hi paul_p
14:53 wizzyrea that's what I suspect
14:53 magnus_afk re bug 7577 - i thought OPACViewOthersSuggestions would take care of that sort of thing...
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7577 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Suggestion show page
14:54 wizzyrea paul_p, in batch delete, I think one of the de-nesting patches broke it: Undefined subroutine &C4::Search::SimpleSearch called at /home/liz/kohaclone/C4/ line 2464.
14:54 * wizzyrea will add it to the bug
14:54 * chris_n wonders if de-nesting is the same thing that occurs when one collects eggs from the chicken-house
14:57 magnus_afk ah, it's for the intranet. then i still wonder what OPACViewOthersSuggestions is supposed to do
14:58 Shane-S[…]_the_library_path seems a little more clear...where do I point KOHA_CONF /etc/koha/sites/<mysite>/koha_conf.xml?
14:58 druthb joined #koha
14:58 druthb o/
14:58 wizzyrea oh, paul_p, I bet that's related to srdjan's report
14:58 * wizzyrea missed that
14:59 magnus_afk Shane-S: are you running off the packages? then there are commands to handle most things for you
14:59 magnus_afk[…]e_Debian_packages
15:00 druthb chris_n: Did you get my note yesterday about bug 7535?
15:00 magnus_afk Shane-S: but yes, KOHA_CONF should be the location of your koha_conf.xml
15:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7535 minor, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Pushed to Master , OPAC displays ampersands incorrectly.
15:02 Shane-S magnus_afk: yep I am, I will try that first :) TY!
15:04 chris_n druthb: pushed
15:04 magnus_afk Shane-S: you can also do e.g. "man koha-rebuild-zebra" to get documentation for the commands (might be more up to date than the wiki)
15:05 druthb Groovy!  Thanks, chris_n.
15:05 kf chris_n asked abut 260$c copyright date - and the pub date reange search in opac requires that to be in one of the 00x fields too
15:05 kf so was for chris_n :)
15:05 kf a pointer because his catalogers will get annoyed if search does not work
15:05 kf and I always forget the exact field
15:07 Shane-S magnus_afk: I don't see a mention of cron in man or wiki, does it do that or can I just setup a cron for koha-rebuild-zebra vs
15:08 magnus_afk the packages set up the crons for you
15:09 magnus_afk Shane-S: have a look in /etc/cron.d/koha-common
15:09 Shane-S, but I will. Cause the book appeared when I ran the rebuid, but wasn't coming up before
15:10 magnus_afk Shane-S: how long did you wait?
15:10 magnus_afk Shane-S: i think the default interval for rebuild_zebra is 5 minutes
15:10 chris_n kf: 008 perhaps?
15:10 chris_n @marc 008
15:10 huginn chris_n: This field contains 40 character positions (00-39) that provide coded information about the record as a whole and about special bibliographic aspects of the item being cataloged. These coded data elements are potentially useful for retrieval and data management purposes. []
15:11 magnus_afk Shane-S: yup, the default is 5 minutes:[…]8378fbfe4;hb=HEAD you can change that in /etc/cron.d/koha-common
15:12 Shane-S magnus_afk: yep set to 5...I will change it for now, as its a single test machine
15:12 Shane-S Thank you
15:12 magnus_afk Shane-S: no problem!
15:15 Shane-S now to test it out :P
15:15 Shane-S this has been a HUGE learning curve for me :P
15:15 Shane-S I normally setup a LAMP server and go
15:15 magnus_afk hey, did i mention recently that the packages are awesome? they are! :-)
15:16 chris_n magnus_afk: every seen the HMKG perform?
15:16 kf chris_n: sounds likely - sorry, crazy day here
15:16 chris_n kf: thanks
15:16 slef jcamins_away: hey I just realised you were wrong!
15:17 magnus_afk chris_n: yeah, a little bit, at the edinburgh military tatoo, of all places
15:17 chris_n they are fantastic
15:17 magnus_afk chris_n: not my cup of tea, but yeah, they do well in competitions it seems
15:18 Shane-S magnus_afk: yeah, I tried installing Koha 1 or 2 years ago and quit was too evergreen installed instead..but hated their external XP librarian client
15:18 magnus_afk chris_n: or they win prizes or something
15:18 jenkins_koha Starting build #40 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:19 magnus_afk chris_n: something for the cultural programme when kohacon comes to norway some time in the distant future? ;-)
15:19 chris_n magnus_afk: yeah, I was watching a video of one of their performances
15:19 chris_n definitely; for those interested in that sort of thing
15:19 magnus_afk chris_n: :-)
15:19 chris_n the hours of practice must be incredible
15:20 magnus_afk not sure where or when you'd be able to catch them here, though
15:20 magnus_afk don't think they have regular performances
15:20 magnus_afk @wunder boo
15:20 huginn magnus_afk: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 1.0°C (3:50 PM CET on February 22, 2012). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Windchill: -6.0°C. Pressure: 29.00 in 982 hPa (Steady).
15:21 chris_n @wunder 28334
15:21 huginn chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is 17.7°C (10:17 AM EST on February 22, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.56 in 1000.9 hPa (Steady).
15:21 magnus_afk ooh
15:21 chris_n hmm... summer seems to have slipped up w/o notice
15:21 chris_n trade?
15:21 * magnus_afk wanders off out into the "light" snow
15:22 magnus_afk chris_n: right now: yes please!
15:22 magnus_away see yas!
15:22 slef snow that illuminates?
15:22 chris_n hehe
15:23 slef @wunder dersingham
15:23 huginn slef: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Dersingham UK, Sculthorpe, United Kingdom is 8.9°C (3:03 PM GMT on February 22, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.02 in 1016.5 hPa.
15:23 slef fells colder
15:23 slef feels
15:23 slef probably because the boiler is unsafe, so off
15:23 slef or at least has been labelled unsafe
15:24 druthb left #koha
15:34 jcamins_away slef, I saw you fussing with 260 and didn't realize it was on behalf of chris_n. I am a bit slow today.
15:34 alaquerre joined #koha
15:35 slef jcamins_away: it wasn't. Two of us are fussing with 260
15:38 alaquerre Good morning. @wizzyrea - I find out how the column object is set to empty in action_logs.  This can occur when you try to return a book that is already return.  The weird problem is it also take a wrong biblionumber to put in the "info"  column.  In my case, it take a biblionumber return 1 minutes befores.  Look like it's cache problem..
15:38 jcamins_away Heh.
15:38 alaquerre But I have another question.
15:39 alaquerre :-) Does should always return the document or only set the item to the Lost value provided ?
15:39 slef wahanui: exslt?
15:39 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
15:40 slef wahanui: exslt are extensions to XSLT described at
15:40 wahanui OK, slef.
15:40 slef wahanui: XSLT?
15:40 wahanui XSLT is a maze of twisty turny passages, all alike.
15:40 slef close enough!
15:40 sekjal joined #koha
15:40 chris_n exslt must just be the enhanced version of those passages :)
15:41 slef longer passages
15:43 Shane-S hmm looks like crontab isn't running, there an easy way to check if it is enabled?
15:46 wizzyrea Shane-S: crontab -e would look at your currently installed crontabs for the current user
15:46 wizzyrea the example crontabs are in misc/cronjobs/crontab.example
15:47 wizzyrea sorry, /path/to/your/koha/misc/cronjobs/crontab.example
15:47 Shane-S there is a koha-comma file in /etc/cron.d/, and I adjusted the time down to 2 minutes but it isn't rebuilding zebra
15:47 Shane-S showing cron is running as PID 1105
15:48 wizzyrea oh, packages.
15:48 wahanui package info is at[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
15:48 wizzyrea shh wahanui.
15:48 wizzyrea anything in your koha logs?
15:48 slef @marc 020 a
15:48 huginn slef: International Standard Book Number The valid ISBN and any parenthetical qualifying information. ISBN and the embedded hyphens may be generated for display.
15:48 wizzyrea re: zebra
15:48 Shane-S let me check...
15:49 Shane-S seems more like it isn't running the file, because when I manually did koha-update-zebra my book appeared
15:49 slef anything in your cron logs, any emails from cron in your mailbox, is mail working, ...?
15:51 Shane-S zebra-error.log has no errors for per email I never set that up..looking more
15:51 slef zebra-error.log is for the zebrasrv not the cron job
15:51 slef you'll need email set up else some stuff won't work
15:51 slef overdue notices and cron job deaths most importantly
15:52 oleonard Is embedding [% IF %] inside an HTML tag still a no-no for translations or have we fixed that?
15:52 slef if you really don't want/can't have full mail, there was a script on a few days ago
15:53 Shane-S yeah, not sure i can have full mail, no mail server in the building, all outsourced to google
15:53 Shane-S I guess I "could" just didn't get into that, no so much needed for a single user running the library
15:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #40: SUCCESS in 36 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/40/
15:54 jenkins_koha ruth: Bug 7535: ampersands not showing properly in non-XSLT OPAC
15:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7535 minor, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Pushed to Master , OPAC displays ampersands incorrectly.
15:54 kf oleonard: nono
15:55 kf there is a test that will complain
15:55 paul_p OK, I could reproduce the bug 6875, and it's now fixed I think. Patch coming in the next minutes...
15:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , de-nesting C4 packages
15:55 paul_p (the trickiest part was to reproduce it !)
15:56 drojf joined #koha
15:57 drojf hello #koha
15:57 slef hi drojf
15:57 oleonard Can someone remind me of the command that runs the tests?
15:57 slef make test ?
15:57 wizzyrea prove t xt t/db_dependent
15:57 wizzyrea or make test
15:57 tcohen hi rangi
15:58 wizzyrea bit early for rangi yet
15:58 slef tcohen has a premonition
15:58 tcohen oh, I always forget that
15:58 wizzyrea :)
15:58 tcohen slef: hahaha
15:59 Shane-S-kohasys joined #koha
16:00 Shane-S-kohasys Here is from my syslog...
16:00 maximep anyone knows of a problem in the opac reserve when on single branch mode ?
16:00 Shane-S Was easier to post from there :D
16:00 Shane-S is the "test" the issue?
16:00 maximep it seems to pass no branch to addreserve and then addreserve fails :/
16:02 maximep or not. Can't find the problem, arg.
16:03 troublemaker joined #koha
16:03 troublemaker Hi
16:03 troublemaker anybody there?
16:03 maximep there's always someone here
16:04 wizzyrea sup troublemaker
16:04 * oleonard hates to have to fail Bug 5668 again...
16:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5668 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Failed QA , Star ratings in the opac
16:04 troublemaker what up!
16:05 troublemaker can i get some help?
16:05 kf oleonard: :(
16:06 drojf how would i get all possible values (ie. all values that actually occur in my records) for a certain field to show up as options of a pulldown menu in
16:06 wizzyrea @quote get 145
16:06 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #145: "Don't ask to ask, just ask!" (added by wizzyrea at 02:37 PM, July 07, 2011)
16:07 drojf s/certain field/certain MARC subfield/
16:07 troublemaker im trying to translate the last koha version to spanish......but i got this error.........Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /root/perl5/lib/perl5/......
16:07 kf julian_m: the changes for bug 7178 sound good! hope I can test soon
16:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7178 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Improve order item creation
16:07 troublemaker would be great if anybody helps me out
16:07 kf drojf: not aware of a method really :(
16:08 drojf kf: d'oh
16:08 kf drojf: it would be nice to be able to do that... alphabetic registers... and autocompletes.. hm
16:08 kf drojf: have you seen the new 'ad' for our presentation?
16:09 drojf nope
16:09 drojf seems he already forgot about me :(
16:10 kf your name is on it :)
16:10 julian_m kf, hope that the patch will pass all your tests :) and by the way, thx for the review
16:10 kf julian_m: thx for incorporating my suggestions :)
16:10 troublemaker :(
16:11 troublemaker help me out guys please
16:11 kf troublemaker: what have you done before you got the error?
16:11 kf troublemaker: and what version of koha are you using?
16:11 kf it's a bit hard to help you with only the error message :)
16:11 troublemaker ok
16:11 troublemaker ill tell ya
16:11 troublemaker im using the last version of koha
16:11 troublemaker 3.6
16:11 troublemaker http://universidadinsurgentesd[…]
16:12 paul_p bug 6875 need an urgent signoff to fix serials perl error !!!
16:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , de-nesting C4 packages
16:12 paul_p[…]hment.cgi?id=7808
16:12 julian_m troublemaker, not sure, but it seems that you need to set the PERL5LIB env var
16:13 troublemaker im running ....../ and create a ne folder for the spanish translation with the PO files
16:13 troublemaker then i got the error
16:15 troublemaker im running the script such as it           ../ install -i .../intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/ -o /.../.../koha36installx/intranet​/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/es-MX -s /home/.../es-ES-i-staff-t-prog-v-3006000.po -r
16:16 oleonard Is it typical that running prove t/db_dependent returns several failures?
16:17 troublemaker how can i set the PERL5LIB?
16:17 slef oleonard: shouldn't be, surely?
16:18 slef troublemaker: put PERL5LIB=path/to/C4 at the start of the line.
16:18 slef troublemaker: or run export PERL5LIB=path/to/C4
16:18 slef and then it's set for the rest of the session
16:22 reiveune à demain
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:22 maximep $template->param('singleBranchMode') in seems to not work. Should I use $template->{'VARS'}->{'singleBranchMode'} or just use C4::Context->preference("singleBranchMode") ?
16:23 oleonard Ah so, that's who has been deleting all my virtual shelves! It was t/db_dependent!
16:23 Shane-S okay think i found the issue if I run koha-rebuild-zebra <mysite> it updates, the cron just has $(koha-list --enabled) anyone know where that pulls from?
16:25 troublemaker thanx ill try
16:25 chris_n oleonard: db_dependent tests should be considered db-destructive :-)
16:25 oleonard chris_n: So it's normal?
16:26 chris_n well, those tests perform writes/reads/deletes in various forms to the db
16:26 chris_n so really anything is "normal"
16:27 oleonard Okay, fair enough. I'm new to such things.
16:27 chris_n its been a long time since I looked at the virtual shelves tests, so I could not suggest what to expect there
16:27 oleonard What about the failures chris_n? Do you think I should not be seeing any?
16:27 aarkerio joined #koha
16:27 chris_n it is not recommended to run that test suite on a production or otherwise important db
16:28 chris_n oleonard: I think that they should pass when running over a clean install of the sample data with 3.6.x or master
16:28 * chris_n knows they pass on 3.6.x
16:29 chris_n now as for the validity of the tests, I cannot vouch to that
16:29 Shane-S is it bad if I have 2 folders in /etc/koha/sites and one is empty?
16:29 chris_n ie. some may pass, which should not
16:29 chris_n but that would be a bug and should be filed as such I think
16:32 troublemaker last time i export the PERL5LIB i got an opac i have to export this to c4 folder without running the PO FILE¡?
16:38 troublemaker still gettin the same error after running the translate
16:38 troublemaker BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 5.
16:41 jcamins_away troublemaker: I would guess that you upgraded from 3.2, and do not have Template::Toolkit installed (libtemplate-perl on Debian).
16:41 jcamins_away troublemaker: however, you need to actually provide the entire error message for more help troubleshooting.
16:42 troublemaker nop its not an upgrade, i ve install it fresh
16:42 jcamins troublemaker: how did you install it?
16:42 jcamins (packages?, etc.?)
16:43 Shane-S anyone familiar with /usr/sbin/koha-list?
16:43 troublemaker OK guys this is the full error
16:43 troublemaker Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /home/www/koha36installx/lib/C4 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 5. Compilation fail
16:43 jcamins troublemaker: in that case the problem is that you didn't set PERL5LIB properly.
16:44 jcamins It should be set to /home/www/koha36installx/lib
16:44 jcamins (without the /C4 at the end)
16:44 jcamins Shane-S: the first question?
16:44 wahanui well, the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
16:44 jcamins :)
16:45 Shane-S well it doesn't seem to work, it is used in the cron.d file
16:46 Shane-S if I manually run koha-rebuild-zebra npslibrary , zebra rebuilds, so I have narrowed my issue down to the cron.d koha-common file
16:46 jcamins Odd.
16:46 jcamins What happens if you run sudo koha-list --enabled
16:47 Shane-S i get a grep error for /etc/apache2/sites-available/nationalpark: No such file or directory
16:47 Shane-S then I get my 2 sites... nationalpark and npslibrary
16:48 jcamins Hm.
16:48 Shane-S should i remove /etc/koha/sites/nationalpark?
16:48 jcamins Yes.
16:48 jcamins It sounds like a koha-remove was aborted in the middle?
16:48 Shane-S kk it unused anyway
16:48 Shane-S I remember typing that during the web setup...but then I got a session time-out error and had to restart
16:49 troublemaker yeah it works
16:49 troublemaker almost done
16:49 troublemaker just got 1 more error
16:49 troublemaker Charset in/out: UTF-8 at ./ line 275.
16:49 kf troublemaker: exporting the env variables (both) before
16:49 kf uh sorry
16:49 kf scrolling in my chat window broken again
16:50 kf troublemaker: does it still finish? because I think you can ignore that probably
16:50 Shane-S okay error went away with I will wait :P
16:50 troublemaker i ran export KOHA_CONF=/home/www/koha36​installx/etc/koha-conf.xml export PERL5LIB=/home/www/koha36installx/lib/
16:51 troublemaker from my terminal
16:51 Shane-S I kept trying it without sudo and it kept giving me empty line :(
16:54 Shane-S troublemaker: using Ubuntu? If so what I read is that is a "session" variable and will be removed when you logout/shutdown ...[…]ironmentVariables
16:55 kf left #koha
16:55 troublemaker im using debian wheezy
16:55 aarkerio joined #koha
16:55 troublemaker in a virtual server
16:56 Shane-S <-- *nix light weight, I would check with ppl here, but you might need to make it a persistent variable
16:57 Shane-S What does an [E] in italics mean after a "Location" in the catalog search results?
16:57 Shane-S Oh, that fixed my Zebra issue, ty very much
16:58 Shane-S now it showed up, but with a [E] after the location, my other book does not have that (same location)
16:58 wizzyrea call number?
16:58 wahanui call number is in the location
16:58 wizzyrea there you have it
16:58 jcamins Heh. I didn't know wahanui knew that.
16:58 jcamins :)
16:59 * wizzyrea either
16:59 troublemaker i was able to make the translation on 3.4, after exporting variables KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB......running the perl fro tmpl process and creating the new folder with the PO paths
16:59 melia joined #koha
16:59 Shane-S ah okay :P
16:59 jcamins troublemaker: you can't use a 3.4 translation on a 3.6 installation.
16:59 jcamins Or, rather, you *can*, but you shouldn't.
16:59 Shane-S have to fix that, it imported from the Z39.50 record
17:00 troublemaker now in 3.6 im gettin this Charset in/out: UTF-8 at ./ line 275. Charset in/out: UTF-8 at ./ line 275. Charset in/out: UTF-8 at ./ line 275.
17:00 jcamins Shane-S: adjust the 952$o
17:00 jcamins troublemaker: that doesn't seem like a problem.
17:00 jcamins It's telling you that it's using UTF-8.
17:00 jcamins (provided it finishes)
17:01 troublemaker yeah but it stucks there
17:01 troublemaker im using the 300600 por files for each template
17:01 troublemaker PO* files
17:02 troublemaker there shouldnt be problem
17:02 troublemaker :(
17:02 jcamins I don't know much about translating.
17:02 jcamins cait will be able to advise you better when she's on later.
17:07 Shane-S how do you add book covers?
17:08 wizzyrea more -> tools -> upload local cover image
17:09 Shane-S cool thanks
17:10 Shane-S wizzyrea: uh, I have Upload Patron Images but that is it, is it under Inventory/stocktaking?
17:10 wizzyrea oh, sorry
17:10 wizzyrea that would be in Master
17:10 wizzyrea you can't do it in 3.6
17:11 Shane-S really...hack to do it?
17:11 Shane-S we are an elementary need pictures
17:12 Shane-S all this works goes out the window without that *cries*
17:12 eternalsword I actually needed to add a column to the borrowers table for the externalid value coming from our external database system.  I would have just put that value in borrowernumber, but apparently you can't explicitly set an AUTOINCREMENT field.  Anyways, I'm working on packaging my changes into the source, so how do I need to set the $DBversion parameter in
17:12 oleonard Shane-S: Administration -> System Preferences -> Enhanced Content
17:13 oleonard You can set up book cover images from, Google, Open Library, and paid sources
17:15 eternalsword I guess I need to upgrade to the git version and then use the latest stable version as the value?
17:15 Shane-S oleonard: awesome worked for 1...assume it pulls via ISBN?
17:15 oleonard Shane-S: Yes.
17:16 Shane-S alright thanks!
17:16 oleonard Shane-S: And thus problematic for items with no ISBN like DVDs
17:16 oleonard eternalsword: Could you use extended patron attributes instead?
17:17 Shane-S oleonard: is there a way to specify the thumbnail size? I see it is larger on Google the Koha
17:17 Shane-S then*
17:17 oleonard Shane-S: No
17:19 Shane-S Amazon OPAC require that key? It isn't working, Google did though
17:19 oleonard Amazon covers shouldn't require a key
17:20 Shane-S k, Ill check the ISBN
17:21 cait joined #koha
17:22 cait hi #koha
17:22 troublemaker thanx for helping out guys i made the translation sucessfully!!!!!!!
17:23 Shane-S that is different...can you list mulptiple ISBN's?
17:23 troublemaker http://universidadinsurgentesd[…]
17:24 troublemaker now ill try to change the basket title from MAPA, to CARRITO....
17:24 oleonard Shane-S: MARC allows you to enter more than one ISBN but I'm pretty sure the OPAC pulls from the first one listed.
17:24 Shane-S oleonard: Great, thanks! would I just duplicate 020?
17:24 oleonard Yes
17:25 luisb joined #koha
17:25 Shane-S cool, that way we can have alternates in there for lookup/purchase
17:36 Shane-S I'll stick to ISBN based for now :P
17:36 jcamins That's a very good idea.
17:36 Shane-S how does it pick if I do Amazon, Google, Open Library, and the Sym/n one?
17:37 jcamins Shane-S: it uses all of them.
17:37 eternalsword oleonard: looking now.
17:37 jcamins So you end up with 4 images (or four "no image found" boxes).
17:37 Shane-S Ah
17:37 jcamins kmkale is working on a prioritization thing. It has a bug.
17:38 jcamins (I mean, in the tracker)
17:38 jcamins bug 7187
17:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7187 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kmkale, NEW , Prioritize cover image sources such as Amazon, Google and add fail over i.e. if first source fails, go to next
17:39 * oleonard thinks that's going to be a bear to solve
17:39 * jcamins agrees.
17:39 * jcamins would try if kmkale decided not to work on it, and someone were interested in paying for it, but not otherwise.
17:44 oleonard jcamins: That was a medium-sized "if" followed by a very big "if" :)
17:46 jcamins oleonard: right. It is my belief that the two together are sufficient to protect me from the need to follow through. :P
17:47 eternalsword oleonard, unfortunately no.  I need to use the externalid as the parameter for lookup with exists_local in order to get the borrowernumber.  I do this since the external system allows changing the userid.  To use extended attributes, I would need borrowernumber first, which would eliminate my need to use externalid at all.
17:48 * chris_n holds his breath on that one
17:50 Shane-S okay so I want to change the images to have borders and padding and I noticed CSS ID of id="gbs-thumbnail1" and such, seems it increments, is there a file I can edit the code?
17:50 tcohen joined #koha
17:50 Shane-S or a way to add an addition class to the incremental loop
17:50 jcamins Shane-S: don't. Use OpacUserCSS.
17:51 jcamins Shane-S: modifying the templates directly leads to a world of hurt. Just ask wizzyrea.
17:52 Shane-S okay, but there is no consistent class or id
17:52 jcamins Shane-S: in that case, I suggest you submit a patch that provides a consistent class.
17:53 oleonard Shane-S: It looks like you've got the class "p1" on the <a> tag which wraps the image
17:54 Shane-S I want each one with a border and spacing, right now they touch/blend
17:54 Shane-S I will give it a shot with nested CSS
17:54 oleonard Each one?
17:54 Shane-S see if I can do it, but it might NOT work... such as a.p1 div
17:55 jcamins Shane-S: it seems to me that should work.
17:58 Shane-S yep that did...but now I have to sort the width of the div out :P
17:58 eternalsword div inside a paragraph tag? that doesn't seem right
17:58 Shane-S its not so lovely
17:59 eternalsword I mean, inside a tag
17:59 Shane-S <-- does it all the time with <ul><li> to make dynamic CSS based lists
18:00 oleonard eternalsword: No, it's not right (as in valid)
18:00 oleonard That particular page has accumulated a lot of validation problems
18:01 eternalsword what exactly is the purpose of the div?
18:01 oleonard It's a hook for dynamically loading the Google cover image
18:01 oleonard It could probably just as easily be a <span>
18:01 Shane-S words outta my mouth
18:02 nengard left #koha
18:02 Shane-S div serv no purpose, though I am gonna try floating them now :D
18:02 Shane-S then a div serves a purpose
18:02 Shane-S spans are not supposed to be "block" level if I remember correctly
18:03 oleonard A div can serve any purpose we choose--that's what makes them so useful (as long as we use them in a valid way)
18:03 eternalsword Is there text with it too?  If not, why not just inject into the <a> directly?  If it's a matter of block level, just use display:block on the anchor.
18:03 Shane-S one anchor -> multiple divs, hence nested inside the and anchor
18:04 Shane-S stupid little chat box :P
18:04 eternalsword that seems even worse.
18:04 nengard joined #koha
18:05 Shane-S why would you want to bloat it with 4 anchors and 4 divs?
18:05 eternalsword does the anchor not actually link to anything?  or is it used for some onclick?
18:05 Shane-S anchors to the single biblio record for the item
18:06 Shane-S if you enable all 4 book cover image sources they all link to the book's detail page on the OPAC results page
18:07 eternalsword not good ui as blank space between the items would still be clickable.
18:07 Shane-S my margin isn't
18:08 Shane-S playing with it now though...the width looks to be my issue...hoping float will work.
18:09 Shane-S sweet got rid of stacking! no crappy border going across either
18:09 Shane-S gotta love CSS (and that at least I know that :D )
18:10 Shane-S I might allow you guys to see it, just need to setup uPnP forwarding
18:11 troublemaker anybody coudl send me some cool css template for OPAC'?
18:11 troublemaker :)
18:11 eternalsword Shane-S, if you float, the blank horizontal space between I believe will be clickable.  If not in your browser, you may want to do cross-browser testing.
18:12 eternalsword by the spec, it should be clickable anyways.
18:12 jcamins troublemaker: I like mine, but it's rather involved.
18:13 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:18 Shane-S search seuss
18:18 Shane-S
18:18 jcamins Shane-S watches his bandwidth spike.
18:18 jcamins :P
18:19 Shane-S hope not, but its a dynamic IP comcast will switch it some day
18:20 Shane-S eternalsword: it appears in FFx 10.1 margins are not "clickable"
18:21 Shane-S-kohasys code I used to do it if anyone is curious
18:21 Shane-S that link work for anyone?
18:22 jcamins Doesn't seem to be working.
18:22 jcamins (it took a while to time out)
18:24 rangi Morning
18:24 troublemaker JCAMINS your template is cool!
18:24 jcamins Morning.
18:24 jcamins troublemaker: glad you like it. :)
18:24 cait good morning rangi :)
18:25 rangi
18:25 Shane-S hmm I will have to check the apache conf on my ticket system and see if the Koha once isn't set to respond to it
18:25 troublemaker so where i can get it
18:25 wahanui so it is probably not ibot's morning.
18:26 jcamins troublemaker: you can crib it off the OPAC. The main bit is cpbibliography.css.
18:26 jcamins And then there's a bit of javascript in opacuserjs.
18:26 jcamins Note that it's probably not IE-friendly.
18:26 jcamins And replacing opac.css is probably not recommended.
18:27 jcamins Unfortunately, FF has a bug in its CSS override handling, so that was a much easier option.
18:27 troublemaker so how do i put this on my own opac without errors :)
18:28 jcamins troublemaker: download the CSS file, set that CSS file in opacstylesheet.
18:29 cait which is a system preference under administration :)
18:29 jcamins Right.
18:29 troublemaker perfect man!
18:29 troublemaker ill try it
18:29 pastebot "jcamins" at pasted "troublemaker: opacuserjs" (48 lines) at
18:29 jcamins ^^ and put that stuff in opacuserjs.
18:30 jcamins There are also some images involved, which you'll want to replace.
18:30 troublemaker yeah
18:30 jcamins (unless you want to brand your OPAC "C & P," in which case you'll need to license it:P)
18:31 troublemaker well im guessin if you could send me in one zip the JS and CSS files please
18:31 troublemaker to my email
18:31 troublemaker you guys here in kohachat're really nice
18:32 jcamins You can just download it off the OPAC.
18:32 Shane-S wonder if it is a firewall setting on Ubuntu Desktop...the other system works and it is running server
18:32 jcamins It's just the one file.
18:32 jcamins (cpbibliography.css)
18:32 troublemaker and opacuserjs?
18:32 jcamins I pasted it.
18:32 jcamins opacuserjs is a syspref.
18:33 jcamins You just copy the contents of the paste into the box.
18:39 troublemaker ok you guys tell me im a noob but....
18:39 troublemaker where i get the cpbibliography.css
18:39 jcamins Just download it off the OPAC.
18:39 chris_n cait: actually it looks like 260$c is indexed as copydate
18:39 troublemaker ok how
18:39 jcamins I don't know the exact path, but if you look at the source, you'll find a reference to it somewhere.
18:39 chris_n melm 260$c      copydate,copydate:s
18:40 cait chris_n: there is a different between the search option and the date range search in advanced search
18:40 cait oh
18:40 cait an sorting
18:40 chris_n ahh
18:40 chris_n looks like most of our 008 fields have empty chars in 7-10
18:40 chris_n so the pain is probably already there
18:41 troublemaker oki
18:41 troublemaker then where i should use this
18:41 troublemaker it was for me right?
18:42 chris_n well, that's not entirely true
18:42 chris_n just records they've created locally
18:42 jcamins chris_n: yeah, copydate vs. pubdate is idiotic.
18:42 jcamins chris_n: what's the question?
18:42 cait chris_n: probably but good to know for new records
18:42 * jcamins missed the beginning of the conversation.
18:42 jcamins chris_n: yeah, that's pretty common.
18:42 jcamins Yes.
18:42 jcamins chris_n: I thought you were saying not to use opacuserjs. :(
18:42 jcamins You put that in the opacuserjs syspref.
18:42 jcamins (System Administration->System Preferences->OPAC)
18:42 jcamins chris_n: sure you do.
18:42 jcamins chris_n: just ignore me please.
18:42 chris_n seems koha should automagically copy 206$c into 008
18:43 rangi My stop bbiab
18:43 jcamins chris_n: there's a complication.
18:43 chris_n jcamins: you're too important to ignore :-)
18:43 jcamins The data you enter in 008/07-10 is not the same as what you enter in 260$c.
18:44 jcamins Though if your catalogers are not putting the date in 008/07-10, chances are they're not using the more complicated options for 260$c.
18:44 jcamins So you'd probably be fine finding the 4-digit year and just copying it over.
18:44 * jcamins goes to eat lunch, in the hopes that food will make him more coherent.
18:45 cait good luck!
18:45 chris_n they're just putting copyright date into 260$c
18:45 chris_n so that would equate to a 't' in 008 char 6, right?
18:45 cait t?
18:45 * chris_n is very poor when it comes to MARC
18:45 chris_n cait: see
18:46 chris_n t - Publication date and copyright date
18:46 cait ah
18:46 jcamins chris_n: probably s.
18:46 cait probably
18:46 cait or is
18:46 cait I think koha doesn't care
18:46 jcamins chris_n: because t means that you have to fill out both copyright *and* publication date.
18:46 jcamins I'd go with s.
18:46 * jcamins really goes for lunch. :)
18:49 chris_n s does make more sense
18:50 * chris_n wonders how hard it will be to get the catalogers to do this
18:50 chris_n thanks cait and jcamins
18:56 rangi back
18:58 slef chris_n: threaten to make up a new set of cataloguing rules for title fields.
18:59 slef that'll scare them into line
18:59 * jcamins returns.
18:59 Shane-S jcamins: I got the URL working now
18:59 Shane-S I never hit "enable" on the my routers uPnP settings :P
19:00 jcamins Shane-S: that does look better.
19:01 nengard joined #koha
19:01 jcamins Nifty. :)
19:01 Shane-S I didn't see covers on your site, there a reason (or bad search on my part)?
19:02 jcamins Shane-S: none of the records in that demo would have covers in any external databases, and I haven't gotten around to uploading example cover images.
19:03 Shane-S ah, well I made that pastebin never delete if you ever want that code to use.
19:04 mib_n3qschuster joined #koha
19:04 jcamins Shane-S: thanks. :)
19:05 Shane-S can anyone direct me to the script/file that creates the OPAC table? I would like to divisionize it to allow it to be fully customized ...IE books on the right or left, via float
19:07 jcamins Shane-S: the template is
19:08 jcamins Shane-S: I'm not sure you can't do that via javascript and CSS, though.
19:09 schuster joined #koha
19:09 jcamins We should probably use CSS for the results table anyway, shouldn't we?
19:09 * jcamins looks to oleonard for words of wisdom on that subject.
19:09 oleonard Hunh? Wha?
19:10 chris_n slef: lol
19:10 troublemaker opac for my friend aarkerio
19:10 troublemaker
19:10 troublemaker simple and nice
19:11 jcamins oleonard: should we really be using CSS for the results table rather than <table>?
19:12 oleonard It would be nice if the OPAC used a more modern and flexible grid system. Then the results could be a nested grid instead of a table and column swapping would be easier.
19:12 * jcamins isn't proposing to change it, just wondering if that's what we _should_ be doing.
19:12 * chris_n wonders why no one seems to customize the layers on the cart buttons so that the rounded corners appear to match their background
19:12 * jcamins did.
19:12 jcamins Oh, then I got rid of the button entirely.
19:12 oleonard chris_n: Because it's difficult I suppose. Or they haven't ready my blog post about it. Or both.
19:12 jcamins And decided to use CSS3 rounded corners because I don't care that much about old browsers.
19:14 Shane-S joined #koha
19:15 Shane-S I accidentally hit backspace on the web chat...switched to chatzilla in FFx :P
19:15 * oleonard is fond of Chatzilla
19:15 oleonard Bug 7584
19:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Update cart and lists buttons style using CSS3 features
19:16 maximep is it only in french that the translate scripts removes all newlines ?
19:16 maximep as usual can't find a bug aobut it
19:16 cait what kind of newlines?
19:16 cait do you have an example with a problem?
19:16 maximep
19:16 maximep <SUBJECT>
19:16 maximep Mon dossier<END_SUBJECT>
19:17 maximep missing newling befpore the end.. so send basket doesn't work at all on 3.6 for us
19:17 cait let me check
19:17 cait I am not aware of a general problem
19:17 cait there was some problem with spaces
19:17 cait but that was fixed... not sure in which version though :(
19:17 maximep really ? hmmm, since 3.6 we lost all newlines in all our fr-CA templates
19:17 cait thought 3.6
19:18 maximep and sendbask seems to use regex that expects \n
19:18 Shane-S can I access the single files anywhere? I like my script editor on my mac, but only want that to look at
19:18 cait maximep: not sure I really get it
19:19 maximep well is your in 42 lines or in 8
19:19 maximep in other languages
19:19 jcamins Shane-S: I *strongly* recommend you use git, if you're going to be editing the templates.
19:19 jcamins *STRONGLY*!
19:19 maximep git is your best friend =)
19:20 jcamins Indeed.
19:20 Shane-S no clue how to use git, and I just want to "look" at it legibly to see if it is ever worth editing...then I might consider git, that is a package manager right?
19:21 cait maximep: how do the newlines look like? in po?
19:21 cait maximep: are those \n?
19:21 maximep in po ?
19:21 maximep i dont understand
19:21 cait you said it was a problem with the translaton scripts?
19:21 maximep yes
19:21 cait can you perhaps paste the code?
19:22 maximep what code ?
19:22 wahanui code is, like, kept at
19:22 cait the problematic code, the english and the french version
19:22 maximep any template, really
19:22 cait ?
19:23 cait so oyur templates are all on one line?
19:23 maximep almost
19:24 jcamins Shane-S: git is a version control system.
19:24 jcamins Shane-S:[…]11ccbd04d;hb=HEAD
19:25 Shane-S jcamins: thank you, how did you do that, I kept getting stats
19:25 cait maximep: that sounds weird
19:27 jcamins Shane-S: yeah, that took me a while to figure out. On the far right there's a column of "tree" links.
19:27 jcamins I clicked on the tree link for koha.git.
19:31 maximep but I can't be the only one not using en that has that problem :/
19:31 rangi en-NZ and mi-NZ dont have that problem .. nor does de afaik
19:32 jcamins maximep: you're on a fork of 3.6.0, right? I'm not sure that many libraries adopted 3.6.0.
19:34 schuster jcamins still having problems when I when to edit or add a record today.  I "stashed" my git for the bug and went to master and was able to edit/create a record there.
19:34 maximep yeah... I bet most translations of 3.6 are really behind
19:34 schuster I'm going to eat lunch be back in about 20 minutes.
19:35 cait maximep: let me check something
19:35 maximep rangi: really ? juste did a ./translate install fr-FR to test and I get the same. Templates without newlines in them
19:35 jcamins schuster: hm. When you get back I'll ask you about the error message.
19:35 cait bug 6958
19:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6958 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, frederic, RESOLVED FIXED, Missing spaces in translated templates
19:35 rangi maximep: yep really on 3.6.3 and cait tests the de ones quite frequently
19:36 jcamins cait: speaking of which, you should update your de translation, since it's out of date and missing the latest sysprefs. :P
19:36 cait jcamins:  :P
19:36 maximep ok, will update everything in misc/translator to latest 3.6.3 to see
19:36 cait yeah I have to, I normally only update when I test some translations... stupid browser detection
19:38 jcamins Heh. Maybe it needs to be possible to disable browser detection?
19:38 slef browser detection should always be overridable
19:39 rangi i hate that stupid browser detection crap
19:44 maximep nope, no luck. Nothing was really changed in those scripts since 3.6.0. Maybe it's the locale of my system... I really have no idea
19:45 cait can you try installing german?
19:45 cait and check that?
19:45 cait de-DE
19:45 jcamins maximep: try checking out 3.6.3 on the same machine, and see if the translate works for that?
19:46 maximep cait: same for all languages
19:46 maximep jcamins: will try
19:46 * chris_n carefully reverts all de-nesting related code from 3.6.x
19:47 chris_n what a ride
19:47 jcamins chris_n: oh, yeah, don't de-nest 3.6.x.
19:47 chris_n that code is super-unstable
19:48 jcamins Yup.
19:48 * chris_n goes off to examin the QA trail
19:48 * jcamins tested a bunch of them individually, but didn't realize that they would interact.
19:48 jcamins And it was a situation where any *one* module could be de-nested, but if you nested two, suddenly lots of strange things broke.
19:49 chris_n de-nesting is one of those large projects which really must be done and tested entirely before committing
19:49 chris_n as much as we would like the "bite sized piece" approach for large projects this one is like doing heart surgery
19:50 jcamins Well, 3.8.x is known to be unstable.
19:50 chris_n and may be for a long time
19:50 rangi actually i think it would be easier the other way chris_n
19:50 rangi one module at a time
19:50 rangi pushed
19:50 rangi and tested
19:50 rangi then another don
19:50 rangi e
19:50 chris_n rangi: right, but "tested" is the operative word there
19:50 rangi the fact that a pile were pushed at once is the major problem
19:51 * chris_n questions the extent of testing in this case
19:51 rangi it makes tracking problems nightmarishly hard
19:51 chris_n jcamins: we also agreed to keep master stable as much as possible
19:51 chris_n by using QA branches
19:51 jcamins chris_n: agreed, but at least everyone using it knows that there *could* be instability.
19:51 chris_n there was a lack of through testing in this case imho
19:51 Shane-S I think I can make table-less...might give it a shot
19:52 jcamins Shane-S: use git!
19:52 jcamins chris_n: without a doubt.
19:52 Shane-S is that n automated response to file names?
19:52 jcamins Shane-S: no, but that's a good idea. We should train our bot wahanui to say that. :)
19:55 Shane-S well I am gonna use the file I have now and try it out first :P
19:55 jcamins Shane-S: don't say I didn't warn you-!
19:55 maximep looks like it's somehow a .po problem. The one we imported from 3.2 is correct, but not the one based on 3.6. So frustrating :/
19:56 cait maximep: we have 5 libraries on 3.6.3 with german now - no problems reported
19:57 maximep ok thanks, glad it's only a problem for me
19:57 cait bet you are not really glad ;
19:57 cait ;)
19:57 cait but hope you can find out what the problem is soon
19:57 maximep no, not really haha
19:58 Shane-S I don't understand what git is does/how to edit  :P
19:58 jcamins Shane-S: it's a version control system.
19:58 jcamins git?
19:58 wahanui somebody said git was[…]Control_Using_Git
19:58 jcamins ^^ read that. :)
19:59 oleonard Shane-S: It's overkill if you just want to be trying stuff out, but if you're interested in contributing code it's pretty much required.
19:59 jcamins Shane-S: and if you want to keep your changes, it's pretty much required.
19:59 jcamins Shane-S: and if you want people to offer feedback, it's de rigeur.
19:59 jcamins (yes! I just used the phrase "de rigeur" in conversation!)
20:00 maximep we don't even use it in french :p
20:01 jcamins maximep: well I get double points then!
20:01 jcamins :D
20:03 jenkins_koha Starting build #41 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:03 schuster jcamins - I'm starting over at the bug submission from 2/21/12 making sure all the files are in the right place etc..  I'll come back "if" I get stuck again.
20:04 jcamins schuster: yeah, due to the frequent changes in master, I've rebased several times in the past week.
20:11 schuster well I was able on "master" branch to open a record edit it and save.  I switched branches - open a record edit it and save - and get Undefined subroutine &C4::Heading::SearchAuthorities called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 205
20:12 jcamins schuster: I can tell you how to fix that.
20:12 schuster K
20:13 jcamins schuster: and you just applied the latest patch on the latest master?
20:13 schuster Yes pulled and git bz last night
20:13 jcamins Okay.
20:13 jcamins I'm not sure why I don't have that problem, but open up C4/
20:13 schuster Yep
20:13 jcamins Search for "SearchAuthorities"
20:13 wahanui joined #koha
20:13 schuster Yep
20:13 Shane-S if I used the packages can I still use git?
20:13 jcamins I believe that's inside an if statement.
20:14 jcamins If it's inside an if statement, on the line after the if( ... ) add "require C4::AuthorityMarc;"
20:15 jcamins If it's not inside an if statement, put the "require C4::AuthorityMarc;" right before the SearchAuthorities.
20:15 oleonard One is the current version, one is the all-CSS(3) version
20:15 schuster just a minute
20:16 schuster ok Yep
20:17 jcamins Wait, typo.
20:17 jcamins C4::AuthoritiesMarc
20:17 jcamins Notice the plural.
20:17 jcamins Does it work now?
20:18 jcamins It's perplexing. I'm looking at the patch, and the line is already there.
20:19 schuster I have There is an if statement commented out then "require C4::AuthoritiesMarc;" - line 204
20:19 Shane-S jcamins: what version should I contribute to if I am going to try and make OPAC table-less?
20:19 jcamins Shane-S: Master.
20:19 schuster Then line 205 is "return SearchAuthorities("
20:20 oleonard Shane-S: And use git ;)
20:20 jcamins schuster: that's exactly what it should look like.
20:20 jcamins schuster: you're probably going to run into a problem with C4/ as well.
20:20 jcamins Open that up and search for "LinkBibHeadingsToAuthorities
20:21 jcamins A few lines down should be the line "my %results;"
20:21 jcamins After that line add "require C4::Heading;" and "require C4::AuthoritiesMarc;"
20:22 schuster That is already there.
20:22 jcamins It is?
20:22 jcamins Huh.
20:23 jcamins schuster: when you run "git status" does it tell you that you have "conflicts"?
20:24 schuster I am told I am 1 commit ahead of "origin/master'
20:24 schuster no changes added
20:24 jcamins Okay, good.
20:24 jcamins In that case, carry on with your testing. :)
20:25 schuster But that's where I'm stuck.  I open a record already in the system and when I click save I get the "Software error:" Undefined...
20:26 jcamins schuster: *after* the change?
20:26 schuster I didn't have to change anything.
20:27 jcamins schuster: wait, what?
20:27 wahanui wait, is it only in items?
20:27 jcamins schuster: the require was already there?
20:27 schuster yep
20:27 jcamins I thought you meant the other ones were already there.
20:28 * chris_n turns the temperature down on 3.6.x
20:28 jcamins Okay, try changing line 205 to C4::AuthoritiesMarc::SearchAuthorities(
20:28 schuster my error says "Undefined subroutine &C4::Heading::SearchAuthorities called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 205."
20:28 jcamins I'm not sure why it would've worked on my system and not yours, but if we state explicitly which package we're using, that should fix it.
20:28 jcamins I think.
20:29 * jcamins would change the patch and upload the new one, except his computer is an hour and a half away.
20:29 rangi chris_n++
20:32 schuster jcamins - 204 is require C4::AuthoritiesMarc;, 205 is return SearchAuthorities(
20:33 jcamins schuster: change it to "return C4::AuthoritiesMarc::SearchAuthorities("
20:33 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
20:33 wahanui joined #koha
20:33 schuster which line do I need to change?  204 like C4::AuthoritiesMarc::SearchAuthorities; ?
20:33 jcamins Sorry. I'm slightly incoherent today. :/
20:33 jcamins No, you're adding "C4::AuthoritiesMarc" to line 205.
20:35 schuster YEAH it worked!!  taking notes...  Moving forward with testing.
20:35 jcamins Woohoo!
20:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #41: UNSTABLE in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/41/
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7545: Can't edit items"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7546 - cannot view subscription detail"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 de-nesting"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::VirtualShelves"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::Heading"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 de-nesting C4/Serials"
20:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7545 blocker, P1 - high, ---, nengard, Pushed to Master , can't edit items
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 cleaning"
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 cleaning"
20:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7546 blocker, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Cannot view subscription detail - bareword error
20:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , de-nesting C4 packages
20:46 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6875 de-nesting"
20:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #42 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #40 5 h 27 mn ago)
20:48 rangi hmm ill look into that isbn fail now chris_n
20:48 chris_n interesting
20:48 wahanui i guess interesting is good
20:48 chris_n it passed the suite locally
20:50 chris_n and passes now
20:50 rangi i think db issue
20:50 rangi yep, will fix
20:50 rangi fixed
20:51 rangi !jenkins build koha_3.6.x now
20:51 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_3.6.x build scheduled now
20:56 chris_n cool
20:58 jcamins Okay, time to leave.
20:58 jcamins I'll be back from Oradell, and probably the bus.
20:58 rangi cya jcamins
21:06 nengard left #koha
21:14 JesseM left #koha
21:21 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:26 oleonard Oh man do I ever hate YUI.
21:28 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
21:28 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #42: FIXED in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/42/
21:28 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 22 Feb 2012 20:14:40 Z
21:28 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Fixing up release notes to reflect all reverts
21:28 jenkins_koha Starting build #43 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: FIXED)
21:36 * oleonard grumbles 'Stupid YUI, making me late to leave work...'
21:37 cait heh
21:42 Guillaume joined #koha
21:48 schuster @later tell jcamins - in step 16 of the test - If you don't match case in the heading it doesn't link.  If you do it does link.
21:48 huginn schuster: The operation succeeded.
21:49 schuster @later tell jcamins - step 16 no that isn't right it linked them both to the heading but the local bib record one is correct the other is mixed case.  Interesting.
21:49 huginn schuster: The operation succeeded.
21:50 paul_p joined #koha
21:51 schuster well that's it for me online today...  felt productive this afternoon!
21:53 Penggu joined #koha
21:55 maximep never found why would the \n of the translations be removed on my system. ENded up just hardcoding the fr-CA .tt :/
21:58 mveron joined #koha
21:59 maximep too tired to open a bug for the encoding of emails from sendbasket. anyway, 4 days weekend for me =)
22:00 mveron maximep: Have a nice weekend!
22:00 Penggu hi all. i get an error:   (line 37, /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ die "Version mismatch: $VERSION > $Koha::VERSION" if ($VERSION gt $Koha::VERSION);
22:00 Penggu any ideas?
22:00 wahanui any ideas are welcome :)
22:02 Penggu the koha dist i'm using is liblime_koha-4.08.23
22:03 maximep we don't support liblime koha here
22:03 cait Penggu: I am sorry, but we can't help you
22:03 Penggu no probs
22:04 cait if you are jsut getting started with koha
22:04 cait you might want to take a look at and download koha from or use the debian packages under
22:04 Penggu i only saw liblime. didnt realise there was an actual different distribution.
22:05 cait that's often the problem that people don't know about the difference
22:05 Penggu nice. time to rm -rf
22:05 Penggu this has been a mess
22:06 cait where are you from Penggu?
22:06 Penggu .au
22:06 rangi Penggu: actual koha comes with debian packages too, another advantage :)
22:06 cait rangi: I mentioned that :P
22:07 rangi oh yeah you did
22:07 rangi
22:10 maximep left #koha
22:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #43: SUCCESS in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/43/
22:11 Space_Librarian joined #koha
22:11 rangi morning Space_Librarian
22:11 eythian hi
22:11 wahanui niihau, eythian
22:11 cait heya eythian
22:11 rangi Penggu: where in .au ... i was just in melbourne for VALA
22:11 eythian g'day cait
22:11 Penggu melbourne also, northern suburbs
22:11 rangi sweet
22:12 rangi melbourne is a nice place
22:12 rangi there are some koha libraries in melbourne already too
22:12 Space_Librarian morning rangi!
22:12 Space_Librarian melbs is awesome. :)
22:13 Space_Librarian morning eythian and cait
22:13 Space_Librarian cait - I hear you guys have some cool analystics stuffs going on. You should tell me about it sometime.
22:14 rangi Penggu:   these guys for one
22:14 cait there are 2 different implementations for analytics
22:14 eythian hello Space_Librarian
22:14 rangi i told Space_Librarian to use your one cait
22:14 cait oh
22:14 Space_Librarian lol
22:14 cait well then I can tell her - was going to say that the other is not compatible with our data model so have not tested it out :)
22:15 rangi and http://library.philanthropy.or[…]ha/ ... in melbourne too .. but they are using a pretty old koha
22:15 Space_Librarian cait sweet - the other model doesn't really work for what we have.
22:17 cait ah
22:17 cait what we do is use 001 and links in $w of 773
22:17 cait it will create links between the records
22:18 cait so you can navigate between them, find all analytics from the host record and such
22:18 cait it works without 001 too
22:18 cait there is  anice cataloging enhancement colin wrote that would make the process even easier, but it's kinda stuck right now
22:18 cait bug 6831
22:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6831 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, colin.campbell, Failed QA , Enhanced Workflow for adding analytical records
22:20 Guillaume left #koha
22:21 Space_Librarian wicked. Will have a good look. Thanks cait!
22:23 cait Space_Librarian: any time. I am sorry I have no example to show you
22:24 cait Space_Librarian: our libraries only have very few analytics, what we have more is sets with multiple parts
22:25 cait Space_Librarian:[…]?biblionumber=549
22:26 Space_Librarian Also - riddle me this. How can I make ebooks searchable, and available, without being able to have holds placed on them, because they mess with our holds queue... I'm toying with item types, but do other libraries have a good working example?
22:26 cait It's a handbook in 5 volumes, there is a set record with a link to show the corresponding volumes. he analytics work quite similar, different icons and the link is named differently :)
22:26 Space_Librarian cait, we're wanting to link individual journal articles to it's volume/number
22:26 cait Space_Librarian: if you add items for ebooks I think using an itemtype that is marked not for loan should work
22:26 Space_Librarian so very similiar
22:28 cait not for loan in the itemtype configuration
22:28 Space_Librarian no, that's something different
22:28 cait if you want to make really sure, you can also add it in circulation rules, at the bottom of the page - make the itemtype there non holdable
22:29 cait not for loan items can never be put on hold - what can't be checked out, can not be put on hold :)
22:29 cait koha logic
22:29 Space_Librarian orly? I hadn't tried that. We just have it marked as not for loan atm, and that's not helpful
22:29 Space_Librarian yeah. confuses patrons horribly
22:30 cait if you don't want to use the not for loan checkbox
22:31 Space_Librarian and lovely way of cataloging - I like the linking (having now read the bug and looked at your catalogue)
22:31 cait our records are from a union catalog - it's a bit different from how most koha libraries work, but lots of nice links :)
22:32 cait so we had to make them show
22:33 cait ah, what I wanted to say is - in circulation rules, the last option on the page, you can mark an itemtype not for loan. additionally you can try to set a circulation rule with a loan period of 0
22:33 cait both should work together I think and prevent holds
22:39 * jcamins_away sits down with a pile of fudge and the cat.
22:39 cait ooh
22:40 * cait tries to lure myshkin to her
22:40 jcamins Much needed.
22:40 jcamins Both the fudge and the cat.
22:40 eythian don't confuse them.
22:40 jcamins eythian: no, that seems ill-advised.
22:40 Space_Librarian mmm. fudge.
22:41 jcamins Kahlua fudge.
22:41 jcamins :)
22:42 cait yum
22:42 Space_Librarian you really do enjoy taunting us with good food, don't you? :)
22:42 cait oh yes he does
22:42 cait and he does not ship to germany
22:42 jcamins :/
22:43 jcamins I'm just sharing virtually. :)
22:44 cait at least that ;)
22:44 cait you have to come to scotland with an extra suitcase of fudge :)
22:45 * jcamins will do his best.
22:45 * Space_Librarian is envious
22:46 jcamins You should make fudge.
22:47 jcamins It's tasty.
22:47 jcamins And easy.
22:47 Space_Librarian I should make fudge. Next week.
22:47 Space_Librarian I will make fudge
22:47 cait and you should start shipping fudge to germany...
22:48 jcamins You should do it tonight.
22:48 * cait tries to use jedi powers
22:48 Space_Librarian I have a 21km walk on Sunday... There will be no fudge making tonight
22:48 * Space_Librarian is impervious to force use
22:48 jcamins Space_Librarian: you should make the fudge and not eat it.
22:48 jcamins Then it'll be waiting for you Sunday after the walk. :)
22:49 rangi so what am i going to eat while i sit on the sideline watching you walk then!!
22:49 rangi how inconsiderate!
22:49 cait lol
22:49 jcamins Space_Librarian: plus, you need to make fudge for rangi!
22:49 rangi hehe
22:49 cait yes, making fudge for rangi tops any jedi powers
22:49 jcamins That's a long walk.
22:50 Space_Librarian it is a half marathon
22:50 Space_Librarian And I will make fudge for rangi and eythian... when I make fudge
22:50 rangi yay!
22:50 eythian excellent :D
22:51 Space_Librarian Because catalyst boys are awesome.
22:51 Space_Librarian lol
22:51 Space_Librarian And then when the rest of you lot visit us in Wellington, I'll make you fudge too.
22:52 jcamins :)
22:52 Space_Librarian ;)
22:52 jcamins And when you all visit NYC, I'll share fudge.
22:54 Space_Librarian Sweet!
22:54 Space_Librarian And brownies. Don't forget the brownies.
22:55 cait I was there! and got no fudge
22:55 cait *sniff*
22:56 Space_Librarian :(
22:57 Space_Librarian But you may get Edinburgh Rock in Scorland though. mmmm... proper Edinburgh Rock...
22:57 Space_Librarian Scotland even
22:57 ibeardslee rangi, eythian: you need to let me know next time fudge is made ;)
22:57 eythian ibeardslee: but you're on a foreign floor!
22:57 jcamins cait: you were in NYC and didn't tell me?!?
22:58 cait lol yes, every seond weekend jcamins
22:58 * jcamins feels insulted that he was the last to find out. :P
22:59 * jcamins grudgingly shares fudge with cait anyway. ;)
22:59 Space_Librarian ibeardslee yeah, you're in the shadowdy depths of the place.
22:59 Space_Librarian shadowy* Man, I need coffee.
23:00 ibeardslee I am closer to the merengues at BOC
23:00 jcamins Mmm. Merengue.
23:01 Space_Librarian speaking of which... I need to gatecrash a BoC sometime.
23:01 cait I will go
23:01 cait it's really too late to plunder the fridge or start making fudge
23:02 Space_Librarian cait: make icing... eat that
23:02 cait icing at midnight is probably not healthy
23:02 jcamins lol
23:02 jcamins Icing is always healthy!
23:02 Space_Librarian yes! Pure sugar - what could possibly be bad about that?
23:02 cait lol
23:03 cait I am trying to eat no chocolate until easter
23:03 jcamins !!
23:03 cait you will all witness the consequences...
23:03 cait (started today9
23:03 jcamins Oh no!
23:03 cait so i survived day 1
23:03 cait almost
23:03 jcamins Out of forty?
23:03 cait yeah I think
23:03 Space_Librarian Yikes! That's a hard item to give up for lent.
23:04 cait i don't smoke and i don't drink beer...
23:04 cait had to be the chocolate
23:04 * jcamins is glad he doesn't celebrate Lent.
23:04 jcamins So's Myshkin.
23:04 cait hehe
23:04 * Space_Librarian too
23:04 Space_Librarian lol
23:04 cait it's more about finding out if i can
23:06 Space_Librarian You can. Chocolate does taste weird after 40 days off it though (I speak from experience)
23:06 jcamins Space_Librarian: how terrible!
23:06 cait yeah
23:06 cait that was my thought too
23:06 Space_Librarian which is why I then gave up Lent for Lent.
23:06 * cait is suddenly wondering if that was really a good idea
23:06 jcamins lol
23:07 ibeardslee Space_Librarian: that's the way to do it
23:07 Space_Librarian I thought so. ;)
23:07 jcamins One friend gave up Facebook for Lent.
23:07 jcamins She announced it on Facebook.
23:07 jcamins I laughed.
23:07 cait I trust you all to make me eat chocolate again before i turn into another totally different person ;)
23:07 cait and now good night #koha!
23:07 jcamins Good night.
23:07 Space_Librarian night!
23:08 jcamins Vanilla icing just isn't as tasty as chocolate icing.
23:08 Space_Librarian agreed
23:09 * cait runs out
23:09 ibeardslee my fav is that almond icing
23:09 jcamins ibeardslee: nah, chocolate for me.
23:10 Space_Librarian marzipan?
23:10 ibeardslee Space_Librarian: yes
23:10 jcamins ibeardslee: actually, I see no reason to make icing. Melted chocolate is good enough. :)
23:10 cait left #koha
23:10 Space_Librarian And now I need to go visit that chocolatier and get coffee... bbiab
23:11 edveal-away left #koha
23:17 Penggu hmm. the .my.cnf conflicted with the defaults-extra part of the koha-create script
23:24 Penggu any reason why the home screen's stylesheets don't seem to be loading?
23:41 mveron left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary