IRC log for #koha, 2012-01-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Kate joined #koha
00:00 Smurk I don't know... I am not working on the server right now.
00:01 Smurk Restarting the server would cause the problem? or solve it?
00:01 Judit cause
00:01 jcamins_away Smurk: you need to have -b -a -z running every few minutes with cron.
00:01 jcamins_away Sounds like you don't.
00:01 * jcamins_away leaves again.
00:03 JesseM joined #koha
00:03 juggler-boy-123 left #koha
00:04 Smurk OK, I will check that...
00:05 cul_away is now known as Culiforge
00:06 juggler-boy-123 joined #koha
00:11 JefferyT joined #koha
00:11 JefferyT Check out this viral video
00:11 JefferyT left #koha
00:12 jorgia left #koha
00:13 JefferyT joined #koha
00:13 JefferyT Check out this viral video
00:13 JefferyT left #koha
00:15 JefferyT joined #koha
00:15 JefferyT Check out this viral video
00:15 JefferyT left #koha
00:17 JefferyT joined #koha
00:17 JefferyT Check out this viral video
00:17 JefferyT left #koha
00:20 JefferyT joined #koha
00:20 JefferyT Check out this viral video
00:20 JefferyT left #koha
00:29 Judit left #koha
00:31 talljoy_away left #koha
00:42 Smurk Can it be that there is nothing running at all with cron?  It looks like there is no task organised at all...
00:42 Smurk (sorry, lots of newbie questions)
00:43 Judit joined #koha
00:46 _reason left #koha
00:57 NateC left #koha
01:05 Culiforge is now known as cul_away
01:06 cul_away left #koha
01:06 melia left #koha
01:08 rangi some cool jquery widgets built and 2 unit tests already
01:15 JesseM left #koha
01:25 rangi check out
01:25 rangi
01:28 kathryn left #koha
01:42 Smurk Thanks all for your help. Cheers!
01:42 Smurk left #koha
01:45 mtj rangi: w00t !very nice!
01:58 Kate left #koha
02:02 Kate joined #koha
02:10 talljoy joined #koha
02:10 talljoy left #koha
02:16 mtj wow, i do believe i've discovered a machine readable spec of MARC21 on
02:17 mtj[…]hic/ecbdlist.html
02:17 mtj
02:17 mtj it does say its a brief doc, not a full doc
02:18 mtj "It is intended to meet the need for a simple data element list to support MARC system development and online validation of MARC data elements. This listing does not include any descriptions or examples of MARC data elements."
02:18 Judit left #koha
02:18 mtj ... but its a good start for a script to verify Koha's MARC21 framework
02:19 mtj looks like if you want the full spec, you still gotta scrape a bunch of html :/
02:30 jcamins_away mtj: awesome!
02:44 mtj marc21?
02:44 wahanui i guess marc21 is at[…]hic/ecbdlist.html ,
02:49 wizzyrea oh question - does anybody want to black out for sopa/pipa protest day?
02:49 wizzyrea admittedly it's US centric
02:49 wizzyrea kind of.
02:51 jorgia joined #koha
02:51 rangi check this out!
02:52 jorgia[…]s/Koha/start.html
02:52 rangi wizzyrea: ^^
02:53 rangi fetching stuff in JSON from the reports svc and displaying it in jquery
02:53 wizzyrea holy shit rangi
02:53 wizzyrea that's awesome
02:53 rangi jorgia did it
02:53 wizzyrea jorgia++ !!
02:54 rangi also check this out
02:54 jcamins_away That freaking *rocks*.
02:54 jcamins_away jorgia++
02:54 wizzyrea that really is a thing of beauty
02:54 wizzyrea oh snaps
02:55 rangi that was jono
02:55 rangi Kate: has been doing some funky stuff too
02:55 _reason joined #koha
02:56 * wizzyrea hears the sound of librarians around the world realizing they have too many paperbacks (based on itemtype)
02:56 _Bart___[…]ts/Koha/bart.html
02:56 rangi meanwhile juggler-boy-123 and samsanders are busy doing unit tests
02:56 rangi 5 patches now
02:57 rangi and _Bart___ is copying jorgia if you believe jorgia
02:57 jorgia :(
02:57 _Bart___ haha no :P we worked on the code together
02:57 rangi 6 patches even!
02:58 jorgia We worked on it together :)
02:59 mtj truly Koha... with class
03:01 mtj wizzyrea: i'm keen for a blackout
03:02 rangi i thought it had been shelved for the timebeing?
03:02 rangi but i may well be wrong
03:02 rangi !jenkins status
03:02 jenkins_koha status of all projects:
03:02 jenkins_koha Koha_3.2.x: last build: 36 (1 mo. 14 j ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/36/
03:02 jenkins_koha Koha_3.4.x: last build: 68 (1 mo. 8 j ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/68/
03:02 jenkins_koha Koha_3.6.x: last build: 27 (5 h 17 mn ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/27/
03:02 jenkins_koha Koha_master: last build: 591 (8 h 38 mn ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/591/
03:06 _reason can someone not in NZ check this displays local time?[…]a/time/index.html
03:06 jorgia it is correct :)
03:07 jorgia oh nevermind .
03:07 jcamins_away _reason: I can confirm.
03:07 jcamins_away _Bart___: I want to know what you're working on, but the server seems to be down!
03:08 chrisdothall juggler-boy-123:
03:08 _reason thanks jcamins_away
03:08 mtj academy peeps - i love the jquery graphs :)
03:08 _reason thx :) working on improving it
03:09 jcamins_away wizzyrea: Actually, I just had a conversation with a public library about how many paperback detective novels they had.
03:09 * wizzyrea is not surprised
03:09 jcamins_away Only 60% of their subject headings linked.
03:09 jcamins_away The other 40% were detective-related.
03:09 wizzyrea oh dear.
03:09 _Bart___ jcamins_away: I'm just messing around with the styling, it might by up and down for a  bit :)
03:10 jcamins_away _Bart___: ah. I'm all for styling the OPAC. :)
03:11 jcamins_away rangi: if you're still searching for super-cool projects for the OPAC, someone should implement mouseovers like this:[…]e/sov/4615/annot/
03:14 wizzyrea that is pretty wicked.
03:17 * jcamins_away is going to harp on about those mouseovers until someone does them.
03:17 rangi heh
03:17 rangi we arent changing templates at this point
03:17 rangi all in jquery
03:19 jcamins_away rangi: that's all in jQuery too.
03:19 jcamins_away Or, I'd like it to be.
03:24 rangi :)
03:25 jcamins_away rangi: actually, I'm thinking of an image uploader that associates images with auths.
03:25 jcamins_away Easy to do based on my work on bug 1600.
03:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1600 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Alternate address form should offer 2 address fields
03:26 jcamins_away No. Bug 1800?
03:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1800 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED WORKSFORME, CGI::Carp Error on cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/ad​
03:26 jcamins_away No.
03:26 jcamins_away Bug... uhhh... bug 1633?
03:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1633 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kmkale, Signed Off , Add ability to take book cover images from local img db
03:26 jcamins_away That's the one!
03:29 AmitG joined #koha
03:33 _reason next version of item types graph up at - improvement?
03:34 AmitG heyabag
03:34 AmitG heya bag
03:38 rangi wellingtonians :
03:44 AmitG heya rangi
03:53 ibeardslee rangi: all going well?
03:56 jorgia[…]s/Koha/start.html
03:58 Kate left #koha
03:59 juggler-boy-123 left #koha
03:59 _Bart___ left #koha
03:59 jorgia left #koha
03:59 wizzyrea left #koha
04:06 samsanders left #koha
04:07 _reason left #koha
04:40 cait joined #koha
04:40 cait hi #koha
04:41 jcamins_away cait: you're up early!
04:41 cait hm
04:41 jcamins_away cait: signed off on your patch.
04:41 cait normal time
04:41 cait oh thank you!
04:41 jcamins_away cait: you're online early.
04:41 cait normal time too :)
04:42 jcamins_away cait: really? Hm.
04:43 cait but isn't it getting late for you?
04:43 jcamins_away It is.
04:43 jcamins_away I'm going to bed now, actually.
04:43 cait :)
04:43 jcamins_away :)
04:43 cait see, now we found the problem
04:43 jcamins_away Good night.
04:43 cait sleep well :)
04:43 jcamins_away lol
04:45 cait jcamins++
06:04 jorgia joined #koha
06:07 kmkale joined #koha
06:09 kmkale left #koha
06:15 rangi ibeardslee: yep good, take a look at[…]s/Koha/start.html
06:15 rangi and
06:15 rangi
06:16 AmitG heya cait
06:16 rangi and look jorgia is even on from her hotel/home/whereever :)
06:16 rangi ibeardslee: we also got 6 patches for unit tests sent today
06:18 rangi the graphs are done with jquery and http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]a/svc/report?id=9
06:18 rangi smart bunch of students so was easy
06:18 cait :)
06:21 ibeardslee woohoo
06:22 rangi yup, they did really well
06:22 ibeardslee nice, tweet that to the academy .. I'll retweet that and try and include LCA
06:22 rangi will do
06:23 ibeardslee it is so hot!
06:24 ibeardslee @wunder Ballarat
06:24 huginn ibeardslee: The current temperature in Delacombe, Ballarat, Victoria is 32.6�C (5:20 PM EST on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 7%. Dew Point: -8.0�C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1011.7 hPa (Steady).
06:24 rangi done
06:26 ibeardslee sounds like could have taken 8 ;)
06:27 ibeardslee I reckon it could be worth targeting an Academy purely for people to do Koha stuff
06:29 rangi yup
06:29 rangi the android people have already fixed 5 bugs
06:29 rangi and have started adding bookcovers into the search results!
06:30 rangi so theres really 2 koha streams going on its pretty cool
06:30 ibeardslee oh fabulous
06:30 rangi javier is an excellent teacher
06:32 jorgia ibeardslee: hey it's Bart, my server seems to be down, is there anything i can do from home?
06:32 ibeardslee possibly
06:33 rangi can you ssh into it bart?
06:34 kmkale joined #koha
06:34 ibeardslee yeah does look a bit broken
06:34 trea joined #koha
06:35 * ibeardslee getting a bit low on battery but will take a look
06:36 jorgia sorry i can't, i left laptop at academy today
06:36 ibeardslee ahh
06:37 ibeardslee I can't get a connection to it
06:37 ibeardslee and forgotten my password to the tool fix it
06:37 rangi yeah, it seems toast
06:37 jorgia oh okay, well i'll sort it out tomorrow
06:37 cait mmmh breakfast
06:38 ibeardslee jorgia: have you been able to connect to it this evening?
06:39 ibeardslee I was just able to login to it over my office VPN connection?
06:40 jorgia I have been able to connect to mine, Bart is having problems with his
06:40 trea1 joined #koha
06:40 jorgia yea i could connect to myne from catalyst fine
06:41 ibeardslee ok .. there was one server that was left out of the firewall config so couldn't be used from outside the network
06:41 ibeardslee it was 'spare' it may need further tweaking
06:42 ibeardslee rangi: can you check with chrisk tomorrow about that?
06:43 ibeardslee I'll have another go at it tonight after the speakers dinner
06:44 rangi ibeardslee: im in bucklame tomorrow
06:44 rangi got another presentation to give
06:44 rangi
06:44 ibeardslee ok, I'll sort it with chrisk .. bart won't need it until tomorrow evening
06:44 ibeardslee ;)
06:44 rangi yup :)
06:45 ibeardslee enjoy, keep up the good work people
06:45 rangi oohh jorgia found me on twitter
06:45 ibeardslee tutors are on a twitter list
06:45 rangi ahh
06:46 jorgia left #koha
06:47 trea left #koha
07:03 trea1 left #koha
07:13 mib_8bdhgn joined #koha
07:14 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:14 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:15 chrisdothall ibeardslee: sorry what is that?
07:15 * chrisdothall reads backlog
07:16 mib_8bdhgn left #koha
07:16 chrisdothall ohhh chrisk not chrish, im off freeee
07:16 magnuse woohoo! :-)
07:17 cait lol
07:17 cait chrisdothall: I have an idea what you could do with your freed up time :P
07:17 cait only joking :)
07:17 cait ping eythian
07:21 magnuse more tests - yay!
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:35 reiveune hello
07:35 wahanui hola, reiveune
07:35 chrisdothall cait: I wouldnt look through some failed translations :p
07:42 cait you wouldn't?
07:42 cait ohhhh....
07:42 cait bbiab :)
07:43 cait left #koha
07:44 hdl joined #koha
07:50 paul_p joined #koha
07:50 paul_p hello world
07:51 paul_p catalyst_open_source_academy++ !!!
07:52 paul_p (bug 5327, lot of patches coming from unknown ppl, i'm sure it's catalyst students)
07:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, connor.dewar, Signed Off , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
07:54 magnuse you're probably right paul_p
07:54 magnuse catalyst_open_source_academy++
07:54 alex_a morning koha
07:54 magnuse i even think one of them is joann's son - how cool is that!
07:54 paul_p jransom twitted about that, so, definetly i'm sure
07:55 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:55 paul_p yep ;-)
07:55 paul_p Hello magnuse
07:55 paul_p magnuse, I've been told you can't come to European hackfest...
07:56 magnuse paul_p: sadly that is true
07:56 magnuse it collides with the annual norwegian library conference, where a project is paying me to present that project
07:57 magnuse (the norwegian library history wiki i have been working on for more than a year now)
07:58 rangi paul_p: connor dewar is jo's son, if you wanted to push his and sam's patches they could see the coverage go up tomorrow and be encouraged to write more :)
07:58 paul_p too bad... you'll miss us
07:58 paul_p rangi, that's my plan !
07:58 rangi paul_p: did you see this http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]a/svc/report?id=9
07:58 rangi and
07:58 rangi
07:59 rangi the latter some other students built, using jquery and the report svc api
08:00 magnuse cool
08:00 rangi[…]s/Koha/start.html  <--- too
08:00 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:01 gaetan_B hello #koha!
08:01 rangi best thing is, no template changes needed
08:01 rangi i wont be there the next 3 days, have to go a conf
08:01 rangi so ill be excited to see what chrisdothall has them doing by the end of the week :)
08:01 matts_away is now known as matts
08:01 rangi there is also another group of 5 students working on extending the Koha Android app
08:02 magnuse yay
08:02 rangi so 11 students working on Koha related things
08:02 magnuse woohoo
08:03 magnuse get 'em while they're young!
08:04 paul_p rangi, nope, i hadn't seen what's /svc/report ?
08:05 magnuse bug 7213
08:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7213 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , Document /svc/ HTTP API and provide example command-line client
08:05 magnuse[…]ha_/svc/_HTTP_API
08:05 julian_m joined #koha
08:06 asaurat joined #koha
08:06 rangi hmm not that one
08:06 rangi but close
08:06 asaurat hallo!
08:07 rangi bug 7249
08:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7249 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Report webservices
08:07 rangi thats the one
08:07 rangi bug 7248
08:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7248 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Caching for services
08:07 rangi also
08:08 rangi it lets you mark a report as public (which allows it be to accessed from the opac) using svc/report
08:08 rangi as JSON
08:08 rangi and report
08:08 rangi any report even
08:09 rangi also to cache the results, so it doesnt put load on the db
08:09 Schwitzd joined #koha
08:10 Schwitzd Hi all!
08:10 Schwitzd I have a question reguarding the notification
08:10 magnuse ah thanks rangi, sorry for confusing y'all!
08:11 magnuse Schwitzd: just ask away and we will see what we can do for you ;-)
08:12 Schwitzd Would be possible to receive a mail when a purhose suggestion is placed?
08:12 Schwitzd magnuse: thanks :)
08:13 Schwitzd I use Koha 3.4
08:13 magnuse looks like that is bug 7322
08:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7322 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, NEW , Implement emailPurchaseSuggestions
08:14 gaetan_B i'm looking at bug 7339, i have a similar problem in firefox and chromium, but only when i try to open the help on the admin home page
08:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7339 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Help System in IE8-9 Does Not Load With 500 Error
08:15 gaetan_B is it the same bug or should i create a new one? i'm not sure what to do here
08:15 magnuse Schwitzd: see also bug 7259
08:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7259 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
08:15 rangi gaetan_B: id add a patch to that there, its just that there is no referer on that page, or help for that matter
08:16 rangi its not quite the same bug, but close enough
08:16 Schwitzd magnuse: thanks
08:16 Schwitzd at the moment there isn't a workarround?
08:16 gaetan_B thanks rangi! so maybe i should just add a comment on this bug rather than create a new one?
08:17 rangi yup i reckon so
08:17 magnuse Schwitzd: nope, there's no way to receive email notifications of new purchase suggestions at the moment
08:17 sophie_m joined #koha
08:23 rangi paul_p: who is coming from the US for the hackfest?
08:28 Guillaume1 joined #koha
08:29 paul_p we already have 3 wife & husband as Koha contributors. that will be our 1st son-mother isn't it ?
08:30 rangi 3 or 2 husband wife?
08:31 rangi but no jo doesnt have a patch in koha directly, 100's and 100's indirectly tho
08:32 magnuse hm, didn't jo tweet something about learning to code the other day?
08:32 rangi connor is only 2 years older than koha
08:32 magnuse hehe
08:32 rangi i think our youngest ever
08:32 magnuse 14?
08:32 wahanui rumour has it 14 is fine by me
08:33 rangi yup
08:33 magnuse wow, very cool!
08:36 Schwitzd left #koha
08:48 paul_p left #koha
08:59 mbalmer joined #koha
08:59 mbalmer hi there
08:59 wahanui privet, mbalmer
08:59 sophie_m left #koha
08:59 mbalmer is paul poulain around?
09:06 rangi
09:12 magnuse awesome!
09:14 sophie_m joined #koha
09:28 AmitG heya magnuse
09:28 AmitG chris around?
09:29 magnuse namaste AmitG
09:39 kf joined #koha
09:39 kf hi again #koha
09:42 mbalmer hi again kf!
09:43 asaurat hallo kf!
09:43 kf hi mbalmer and asaurat
09:43 kf :)
09:44 mbalmer Mois de mars: Pastis, Bouillabaisse, et Koha....
09:44 kf I don't speak french
09:44 kf :)
09:44 mbalmer see, you miss all the fun ;P
09:47 asaurat :D
09:49 kf nah, I can do other fun things
09:49 asaurat I cooked a bouillabaisse while in Berlin, it's already expensive in Marseilles, but it costs an arm and a leg in Germany :D (if you really want to buy the mediterranean fishes ;))
09:50 kf I totally believe that
09:50 kf how did it turn out?
09:50 asaurat well, ok, but not perfect, we missed a few ingredients
09:51 kf ah
09:51 kf what was missing?
09:51 asaurat that's basically "fish parts" in "fish soup"
09:51 asaurat we had to replace the fish soup with some kind of fish juice
09:51 asaurat :d
09:52 asaurat was still good, coz fish is good, me like fish
09:54 kf I ate frog when I was in marseille last year
09:54 kf perhaps time to try fish soup
09:56 asaurat oh yeah, you found  a restaurant cooking frog legs?
09:56 kf we went to a restaurant at the beach with a buffet
09:56 kf paul knows the name :)
09:57 magnuse ooh, that was some lunch...
09:58 asaurat nice :)
10:01 AmitG left #koha
10:02 AmitG joined #koha
10:09 asaurat kf, about bug 7013
10:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7013 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, adrien.saurat, In Discussion , required format is not enforced for authorized values
10:09 asaurat why do mention a security problem?
10:09 asaurat *do you
10:11 kf because of the missing placeholders in sql
10:11 kf I am worried about that and think it should be fixed
10:11 asaurat oh ? didn't even see that
10:12 asaurat but if we don't agree on a solution for the main topic of the bug, I can't make a patch
10:12 asaurat that's why I put it in "in discussion" state, I'll make whatever I'm told to do but can't decide by myself =)
10:15 magnuse separate bug for the missing placeholders, maybe?
10:16 kf hm yes
10:16 kf and a fix that goes not on top of the initial patch
10:16 kf I think the security fix tops the other problem
10:16 kf and should be fixed
10:17 kmkale_ joined #koha
10:19 magnuse namaste kmkale
10:19 * magnuse agrees with kf
10:20 kmkale_ namaste magnuse
10:20 kmkale_ namaste kf
10:22 * kmkale_ is trying to recover mysql databases on a server which crashed due to cpu failure.  InnoDB recovery is a pain :(
10:22 asaurat kf, are you creating the new bug or shall I do it?
10:23 kmkale left #koha
10:23 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
10:23 kf it would be cool if you could
10:24 asaurat ok
10:24 mbalmer kmkale, good luck!
10:25 kmkale mbalmer: looks like I need it. There is disk corruption too
10:25 mbalmer one thing I look forward to when we have PostgreSQL support is synchronous replication, for exact such cases where a server dies.
10:31 kmkale heh I wish we had another server to replicate to in this instance.
10:31 mbalmer I never looked at replication in MySQL, does it work well?
10:32 kmkale any experience of quality of data dumped in such cases using the innodb_force_recovery = 1 option?
10:32 kmkale yep
10:33 kmkale any experience of quality of data dumped in such cases using the innodb_force_recovery = 1 option?
10:34 paul_p joined #koha
10:34 mtj mysql slave-replication works pretty well
10:34 mbalmer what is "slave-replication"?  Does that replicate the data itself?
10:35 mtj its not quite as snazzy as  postgres'  synchronous replication, afaict
10:36 mtj it sends transactions from master to slave, thats it?
10:36 mbalmer syncrepl is an amazing feature
10:37 * mtj has a google :)
10:38 mtj mbalmer: hows the koha+postgres stuff going?
10:39 mbalmer as for the concept well, as for the code I plan to join the "bouillabaisse" in march, to get it started.
10:39 mtj i'm quite excited to see koha running on postgres too :p
10:39 mbalmer oh yes!
10:40 mtj yeah, the integration will be tricky, for sure
10:40 mbalmer I also look forward to dig deeper into the DB stuff.
10:42 mtj i think people have been putting it off - because of talk about using a ORM instead...
10:42 mtj 'it' being the postgres stuff
10:42 mbalmer using ORMs solves no problem, but creates tons of new ones.
10:43 mbalmer it is this thinking in layers of abstractions...
10:43 mbalmer but a database is much much more that just a store for data.
10:43 mtj yeah, i have no experience there... :/ so cant comment
10:44 mtj but im sure ORM's do come with a bunch of their own problems too ;p
10:44 mbalmer e.g. security:  many applications, especially webapps/php apps, use a single login for the database and handle user rights in the app.
10:45 mbalmer now, if there is a bug, an intruder gets access to everything.
10:45 mbalmer if you use proper roles and security at the DB layer, you have no such problems.  i.e. the user account is a DB account.
10:46 mbalmer and the app can then find out which roles a DB user has, and present a GUI that only offers the options a user actually has the right to use.
10:46 mtj hmm, why cant the new ORM user be just a DB user, as before?
10:46 mbalmer so even if you gain access to the DB using e.g. a command line tool, you can not change data you are not allowed to.
10:47 mbalmer mtj, it can.
10:47 mtj ok, so would that not fix that security problem, then?
10:48 slef mbalmer is right but this seems orthogonal to an ORM
10:48 mbalmer I was generally speaking, btw.  Not wrt Koha...
10:48 slef this is about having kohauser and opacuser passwords for SQL database and zebra I think
10:50 mbalmer In our applications, an application user is always a DB user and all security is handled in DB itself.  The application in it's UI merely reflects that.
10:52 slef your applications?
10:53 mbalmer hmm, I gave a talk about it at FOSDEM but the slides seem not to be online ;(
10:53 mtj is that not how koha works currently? with the 'koha' application always having a 'kohaadmin' DB user, etc?
10:53 mbalmer slef, we do point of sales and other funky stuff.
10:55 mtj i wonder how kmkale is getting on with his restore...
10:55 kmkale just did a fsck. now going on to check mysql
10:56 kmkale but before reboot did db dumps using innodb_force_recovery = 1
10:56 kmkale mysql server has started so onto checking data
10:57 slef mbalmer: anything FOSS?
10:57 mtj mysql slave replication for prod systems is a good thing
10:58 mbalmer slef, also FOSS, actually quite a lot.
10:58 mtj ooh, foss POS stuff sounds interesting
10:58 mbalmer lot's of stuff (userland, drivers) in NetBSD, FreeBSD, and, OpenBSD.
10:59 mbalmer mtj, no the POS stuff is not FOSS
10:59 slef drivers that use databases?
10:59 mbalmer nope
10:59 slef so it's either stuff that's irrelevant to this, or stuff we can't look at? :(
10:59 kmkale anyone knows what this means "ls: /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1: Value too large for defined data type"
11:00 mbalmer but drivers for e.g. time signal station receivers.
11:00 mbalmer slef, I think there is not much relevant stuff for Koha.
11:00 mbalmer or what do you mean with "this"?
11:00 slef mtj: it has a kohaadmin user, but the opac uses that too, which is a minor error as long as the code is good... if the code is poor, then it's a serious error.
11:01 mbalmer slef, it's not a minor error.  it is a design mistake.
11:01 slef mbalmer: this discussion about backend user granularity and security.
11:01 slef mbalmer: yes, it's a design mistake, but it's of minor severity without another bug compounding it.
11:01 mbalmer slef, ah I see.  I have some slides on that.  and I can always show code, e.g. in Marseille, if you are there as well.
11:02 matts is now known as matts_away
11:02 mbalmer slef, but bugs are lurking there!
11:02 mtj slef:  aah, a nice example there :)
11:02 mbalmer slef, do you grok german?
11:03 paul_p left #koha
11:03 mtj mbalmer:  i liked your netbsd lua slides, really interesting!
11:03 slef mbalmer: I'm likely to be in Edinburgh planning KohaCon while Marseille is happening... and I don't think restricting info to ppl there in person is good in general.
11:04 slef mbalmer: ja aber sicher
11:04 mbalmer ok, see privmsg..
11:04 slef no privmsg
11:04 slef (I have no privmsg)
11:04 mbalmer ok.
11:04 mbalmer well, not yet..
11:05 mtj kmkale:[…]ed-data-type.html
11:05 slef oic
11:05 mtj kmkale: 'Your system does not support larger file >=2GB ' ?
11:05 slef anyway, I've got to step away for an hour or so
11:06 kmkale mtj the server had a Core-2-quad cpu which failed. We have currently installed a dual core cpu. Could that be the problem?
11:06 paul_p joined #koha
11:06 sophie_m left #koha
11:07 mtj kmkale:  its a 32/64 bit kernal problem?
11:08 kmkale we ran a 32 bit system with the quad cpu so the kernel is the same
11:08 mtj hmm, ok :/
11:09 kmkale should I try a kernel upgrade? Or is there a parameter to be supplied to the kernel at the boot time to be able to handle larger than 2gb files?
11:09 mtj[…]defined-data-type
11:11 mtj hmm, not sure - i cant think why an 'ls' did work on a >2GB file, and now doesnt
11:11 mtj ahhh, different cpus
11:13 mtj you might need a lower spec kernel
11:14 kmkale thats the ONLY thing that changed. Apart from the disk corruption due to the crash.
11:14 kmkale fsck seems to have taken care of the disk.
11:14 kmkale I would hate to have to recreate all databases from the dump :(
11:15 mtj wot kernel are you running now?
11:16 mtj the 'bigmem' then the 'pae' kernels are the most general ones, i think?
11:16 mtj[…]2-5-686-bigmem-di
11:17 mtj oops, not that package :)
11:17 kmkale 2.6.24
11:17 mbalmer heh, I'm running 5.99.58 here ;P
11:20 sophie_m joined #koha
11:20 mtj this looks like a nice generic safe kerne ->[…]nux-image-2.6-486
11:20 mtj kmkale:  uname -a  ?
11:22 hdl left #koha
11:23 kmkale mtj : Linux koha 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
11:23 kmkale its ubuntu 8.04
11:23 mtj and please ignore my bigmem/pae statement
11:24 mtj bummer, looks like you are running generic kernel already :/
11:26 paul_p left #koha
11:29 vfernandes joined #koha
11:29 kmkale yep
11:30 vfernandes Hi Koha Community :)
11:30 mtj kmkale:[…]utils/+bug/441021
11:31 vfernandes can you help with something guys? I'm having a little problem with Zebra indexes....
11:31 pastebot "kmkale" at pasted "coreutils update error" (7 lines) at
11:32 AmitG_ joined #koha
11:33 mtj kmkale:  try again, in single-user mode
11:33 mtj kmkale:  try updating coreutil in single-user mode
11:33 vfernandes i'm using koha 3.2.6 with UNIMARC.... i have around 500 items with 995^u equals to "Exemplar indisponível" but if search for that string I can only obtain 11 records :/
11:33 mtj nasty bug, that one :/
11:34 kmkale cant. I am on ssh to the server :(
11:34 magnuse vfernandes: have you tried reindexing zebra?
11:34 vfernandes if I search for "Exemplar indispon" the search is correct... so the problem is in the "í". How i can ignore the accent?
11:35 vfernandes magnuse let me try it...
11:35 mtj vfernandes: its a tweak in your zebra config files
11:36 vfernandes where mtj?
11:36 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
11:36 magnuse if the partial string gives results a reindex will probably not help - listen to mtj instead ;-)
11:36 mtj[…]g/koha/2011-01-03
11:37 mtj paul_p> hdl, can you help jcamins, I cant' remember where it must be changed...
11:37 mtj hdl > jcamins: in etc/zebradb/default.idx and zebra-biblios.cfg and zebra-authorities.cfg
11:38 AmitG left #koha
11:38 AmitG_ is now known as AmitG
11:38 mtj vfernandes:  then a zebra full index :)
11:38 vfernandes hummm ok... but with the other searches the accents are ignored
11:39 vfernandes which is strange
11:39 vfernandes or maybe the results aren't the correct and i didn't even noticed
11:39 vfernandes lol
11:40 mtj yeah weird , perhaps those accents are defined as ignored already?
11:40 vfernandes maybe in the sort_string_en they are ignored
11:42 vfernandes space {\001-\040}!"#$%&'\()*+,-./:;<=>?@\[\\]^_`\{|}~ what it does?
11:45 mtj pass :) means those chars are considered equiv. to a ' ' space?
11:45 vfernandes this is commented on the file: #map í          i.... maybe if uncomment thi line it works
11:46 mtj yep, thats the one :) make sure zebra is using that file too
11:47 vfernandes i'm already check that... let me uncomment the line and full reindex... then i let you know if it works :)
11:47 mtj if you are running UNIMARC u might be pathed to fr/sort-string-utf.chr , not en/sort-string-utf.chr ?
11:48 mtj its defined correctly in 'fr', but commented-out in 'en'
11:49 vfernandes i'm using en
11:49 mtj cool, uncomment then re-index :)
11:50 vfernandes thanks mtj and magnuse for the help :)
11:50 mtj no probs ;)
11:51 vfernandes Koha in Portugal is strongly growing :P
11:53 gaetan_B left #koha
11:53 magnuse yay!
11:54 liw left #koha
11:54 mtj as is Koha in new zealand too :)
11:55 liw joined #koha
11:55 vfernandes if you interested you can check the two OPAC design that i've worked:
11:55 mtj vfernandes: check out the  fr/sort-string-utf.chr  file for more zebra tweaking info
11:56 mtj the biblibre team have good understanding of this, too
11:56 magnuse vfernandes: looking good!
11:58 vfernandes thanks :)
11:58 Culiforge joined #koha
11:58 magnuse that's one thing i noticed recently: why do only some results show the "no cover image available" image? e.g.:[…] (not specific to this installation, i have seen others)
11:59 kmkale left #koha
11:59 vfernandes because there is a ISBN associated to the record but there isn't google jacket for that ISBN
12:00 vfernandes well, I think that is the problem :)
12:00 magnuse but some of them have an isbn and no "no cover image available"
12:01 magnuse has isbn, no placeholder image:[…]?biblionumber=975
12:01 magnuse has isbn, has placeholder image:[…]biblionumber=1048
12:05 mtj vfernandes: opac  looking good!
12:05 vfernandes magnuse that's strange but that is something that not worries me... :)
12:05 vfernandes thanks mtj
12:05 mtj ok, i'm off to bed... zzZ
12:12 AmitG left #koha
12:16 paul_p joined #koha
12:16 talljoy joined #koha
12:17 kf hi paul_p
12:18 paul_p hi kf.
12:18 paul_p my wifi is silly today...
12:19 ebegin left #koha
12:23 vfernandes mtj it didn't work... maybe there is some problem in the record.abs
12:28 jwagner joined #koha
12:28 vfernandes i'm trully conviced that there is a problem in the record.abs
12:29 vfernandes if i search for "disponível" "disponivel" the results are the same despite the accent
12:29 vfernandes so the ""
12:29 vfernandes so the "í" only is a problem in the subfield 995^u
12:30 vfernandes there is any way in the record.abs to remove the accents?
12:37 matts_away is now known as matts
12:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:44 Culiforge left #koha
12:48 nengard joined #koha
12:52 paul_p yeah ! ppl from switzerland, croatia & probably italia added to Hackfest in Europe attendees, just in a few hours ;-)
12:53 collum joined #koha
12:58 hdl joined #koha
12:59 jenkins_koha Starting build #28 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #26 25 j ago)
13:04 jcamins_away paul_p: do you have many people coming by horse? :)
13:04 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
13:04 mbalmer If you code in Perl, you can as well ride a horse...
13:05 paul_p jcamins, not sure yet, but maybe the cowboy coming from US will do :D
13:05 jcamins vfernandes: record.abs has nothing to do with accents. You should look into ICU chains.
13:05 hdl1 joined #koha
13:06 JesseM joined #koha
13:07 hdl left #koha
13:12 sophie_m left #koha
13:20 oleonard joined #koha
13:27 sophie_m joined #koha
13:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #28: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/28/
13:41 jenkins_koha chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 17 Jan 2012 12:46:33 Z
13:41 sekjal joined #koha
14:01 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
14:03 maximep joined #koha
14:04 sophie_m left #koha
14:04 sophie_m joined #koha
14:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_6990' <[…]1dd9cc780658575c0> / Bug 6990 follow up PODDOC & unit test updating <[…]9e14251ea8abd5f74> / TransformKohaToMarc enhancement <[…];h=02d392a502571e
14:15 jenkins_koha Starting build #592 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:15 liw left #koha
14:15 ago43 joined #koha
14:20 edveal-away I know I have asked this before but I can't remember the answer... Can someone tell me how to hid the "Most Circulated Items" report in the staff client?
14:21 trea joined #koha
14:22 paul_p hello again everybody.
14:22 paul_p is "Arguements" english or is it a mistake ?
14:22 oleonard edveal-away: OpacTopissue  system pref
14:22 paul_p I would have written it "Arguments"
14:22 oleonard It is a mistake paul_p
14:22 paul_p[…]=7189&action=edit
14:22 paul_p OK, so it's a repeated mistake ;-)
14:23 paul_p will "failed QA" this one...
14:23 edveal-away Oleonard - That will hid it in the Staff client?
14:23 oleonard edveal-away: Oh, sorry, I didn't read carefully
14:24 edveal-away oleonard - The library I am working with uses a custom report and wants the default to be hidden so staff does not use it.
14:24 oleonard edveal-away: You'd have to use jQuery
14:25 edveal-away Right I just don't remember exactly what it was and thought someone here might know off the top of their head. I will go check it out and find it in the code if need be.
14:25 oleonard $("a:contains('Most-Circula​ted')").parent().remove();
14:26 edveal-away Thanks oleonard
14:26 oleonard Adapted from one of these:[…]ki/JQuery_Library
14:27 NateC joined #koha
14:29 liw joined #koha
14:38 sekjal wehoo!  3 new Koha committers in the last 2 days!
14:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7407: HidePatronName not working on 'on hold for' messages <[…]d351cb3605e9201af> / Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5327' <[…]32c8aab1a2a905e14> / bug 5327 add tests for C4/ <[…]eb/?p=koha.git;a=
14:42 kf yay :)
14:46 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
15:00 fabio_t joined #koha
15:00 fabio_t what's up #koha!?
15:02 fabio_t hope you all spent some nice holidays :)
15:03 fabio_t I have an issue with UNIMARC 100$a field
15:04 fabio_t Koha kind of reset input data (which is a .iso file, exported data from CDS/ISIS)
15:05 fabio_t
15:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #592: SUCCESS in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/592/
15:08 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 7364: Possible to get to FA item add without current branch being defined."
15:08 jenkins_koha * ruth: Bug 7364: Possible to get to FA item add without current branch being defined.
15:08 jenkins_koha * f.demians: TransformKohaToMarc enhancement
15:08 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6990 follow up PODDOC & unit test updating
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7364 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, Passed QA , Fast-Add framework doesn't always get the branch for item creation
15:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6990 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , TransformKohaToMarc enhancement
15:08 jenkins_koha Starting build #593 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:11 moodaepo joined #koha
15:30 Guest24039 nick wizzyrea
15:30 Guest24039 is now known as wizzyrea
15:30 * wizzyrea sighs
15:30 * wizzyrea waves
15:30 wizzyrea ok
15:30 wizzyrea now that the americans have been here for a while - sopa/pipa blackout on
15:31 kf quite silent here today
15:31 kf hi wizzyrea
15:31 wizzyrea hi
15:31 * oleonard is indecisive.
15:31 mbalmer no objections from switzerland, wizzyrea
15:32 fabio_t hi
15:32 mbalmer but it would be more effective to close all public libraries for a day.
15:32 * wizzyrea gives up and sends mail.
15:32 * oleonard is instead trying to decide what kind of action hero "Nick Wizzyrea" should be
15:32 wizzyrea my superpower is making bots forget things
15:32 rhcl joined #koha
15:32 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
15:32 kf wizzyrea: sorry but that is mine
15:32 kf kf?
15:32 wahanui i guess kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss or a holds expert.
15:33 wizzyrea lol
15:33 wizzyrea fair enough
15:33 kf :)
15:34 kf I am sure you have a better superpower
15:35 wizzyrea ok not sure exactly how closing the library == freedom from internet censorship and other varying restrictions - many libraries already employ many of the same tools for many of the same reasons. That's like, turning on a broken lightbulb in a dark room.
15:35 * wizzyrea goes out on an argumentative limb, will probably regret it.
15:36 mbalmer SOPA and PIPA are only logical for USofA.  Don't forget to revert your stupid border control laws as well...
15:37 * mbalmer has refused to visit the US for the last ten years because of their border control unlaws
15:38 vfernandes left #koha
15:38 hdl1 left #koha
15:39 oleonard mbalmer: Are you saying SOPA and PIPA protests are only logical for USA?
15:40 mbalmer no, the laws are.
15:40 mbalmer USA is in a spiral downwards
15:40 mbalmer with more and more stupid laws...
15:40 * mbalmer lives in a country where downloading music and films is perfectly legal
15:43 jcamins What is it with the NEP film industry and guns?
15:43 jcamins It doesn't matter what the film is about, the publicity stills involve people pointing guns.
15:44 oleonard Is this a cataloging-related comment jcamins?
15:45 * mbalmer lives in a country where owning a gun or assault rifle is the norm ;P
15:47 jcamins oleonard: yes, of course.
15:47 jcamins oleonard: you've never considered the number of guns in film publicity stills in the NEP-era film industry?
15:47 jcamins Huh.
15:47 * oleonard doesn't know what NEP stands for
15:47 jcamins New Economic Project.
15:48 jcamins oleonard: Lenin's strategic retreat toward capitalism after the disaster of War Communism.
15:48 oleonard Oh *that* NEP.
15:49 oleonard Sounds like an interesting time for film though
15:49 jcamins oleonard: yeah, it was.
15:51 vfernandes joined #koha
16:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #593: SUCCESS in 52 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/593/
16:01 jenkins_koha * connor.dewar: Bug 5327 added unit tests for C4/ClassSortRoutine/Generic
16:01 jenkins_koha * connor.dewar: Bug 5327 Added unit tests for C4/ClassSortRoutine/
16:01 jenkins_koha * connor.dewar: Bug 5327 Added unit tests for C4/
16:01 jenkins_koha * sam-sanders: bug 5327 add tests for C4/
16:01 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7407: HidePatronName not working on 'on hold for' messages
16:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, connor.dewar, Failed QA , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
16:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7407 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , HidePatronName not working anymore
16:04 asaurat left #koha
16:05 reiveune bye
16:05 reiveune left #koha
16:13 asaurat joined #koha
16:15 melia joined #koha
16:18 edveal-away is now known as edveal
16:18 vfernandes left #koha
16:20 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
16:23 julian_m left #koha
16:29 gaetan_B bye
16:29 gaetan_B left #koha
16:29 asaurat left #koha
16:32 matts is now known as matts_away
16:38 rhcl anybody have a good reference to an online source that succinctly states the case against SOPA?
16:42 rhcl actually the EEF has a "good-enough" article for me to use.
16:43 oleonard EFF++
16:43 sophie_m left #koha
16:45 jcamins paul_p: you have made kf very happy, I think. :)
16:45 paul_p jcamins, why ? (which patch ?)
16:46 jcamins Bug 4300.
16:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4300 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Display 866z summary holdings public note in OPAC
16:48 * paul_p dealing with small patches signed OFF this afternoon...
16:49 jcamins Woohoo!
16:49 jcamins paul_p++
16:49 jcamins paul_p: now you've made me happy, with bug 7332. :)
16:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7332 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Translated title (MARC21 field 242) doesn't display
16:51 edveal Could someone give me a hand writing some jQuery to remove the grey box that appears when no results are found in the opac?
16:52 wizzyrea editing the preference doesn't do what you want?
16:52 edveal Here is what I have so far but it is not working...  $("#userresults" .suggestion).hide();
16:53 edveal Cant get the box to not show when a user is logged in.
16:54 wizzyrea the first question?
16:54 wahanui well, the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
16:54 wizzyrea or rather, what is the original request
16:54 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:55 edveal We have added custom text to the preference. When the user is NOT logged in all that shows is the custom text. However, when a user IS logged in they see both the custom and the box.
16:55 edveal They don't want the box to show, they only want their custom text to show.
16:56 oleonard $("div.suggestion").html("Go fly a kite");
16:56 edveal LOL!
16:56 oleonard Hmm... but not sure about the logged-in vs. not issue, not familiar with that.
16:56 wizzyrea yea, that seems sticky
16:57 wizzyrea difficult to detect logged in vs. logged out using jquery (or at least, given the 30 seconds I've spent thinking about it)
16:57 edveal I was thinking if I can hid it all the time that would be fine.
16:58 edveal It already doesn't show if the user is NOT logged in.
16:58 oleonard What preference are you referring to edveal ?
16:58 edveal OPACNoResultsFound
16:59 edveal They have a custom message there in the OPACNoResultsFound preference.
17:00 oleonard Ah. so really you need to hide the box no matter what
17:00 edveal Yes
17:00 oleonard $("div.suggestion").remove();
17:02 edveal That did it... It was the .remove instead of .hide that I needed.
17:02 edveal Thanks
17:04 oleonard Either should work. One hides via CSS and the other removes it from the markup
17:09 libsysguy joined #koha
17:09 libsysguy o/
17:09 wizzyrea \o
17:10 libsysguy long time no see everybody :)
17:10 kf hi libsysguy:)
17:10 trea greetings elliot
17:10 libsysguy did I miss anyting groundbreaking?
17:11 kf paul_p: isn't fine in days in 3.6 now?
17:11 paul_p kf, I don't think so (but I may be wrong)
17:11 kf paul_p: I take it back - confused my installations
17:12 kf I thought I had seen the notes field for debarred in our test installation - but it isn't there
17:12 kf in 3.6.2
17:12 paul_p (iirc, I had to send a mail to koha@ to ask if ppl would be troubled, but... I forget...)
17:12 paul_p maybe I should do it now, as you remind me...
17:12 kf I think we discussed it would be ok with proper documentationa nd warning
17:12 paul_p so where's the problem ?
17:13 paul_p why isn't the patch in now ?
17:13 kf not sure
17:13 kf meeting minutes
17:13 kf but I have to leave :(
17:14 kf I think it's really in the meeting minutes, but not sure which date
17:16 kf bbiab
17:16 kf left #koha
17:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7276' <[…]c0ae1ac1af032f0e1> / Bug 7276 : Follow up, adding a sub to clear the cache <[…]a4ef9cefb9fe0c23d> / Bug 7276 : member entry Performance improvement <[…]p=koha.git;a=comm
17:23 jcamins paul_p: given the new policy on not having SQL in .pl files, how should be handled?
17:24 jcamins The SQL that script runs is very specific to the command-line script.
17:24 paul_p 1- it's not new, what is new is that it's written
17:24 paul_p 2- i'm not sure it should apply to command-line scripts
17:24 jcamins Okay.
17:24 * jcamins hasn't actually been looking at patches, just comments.
17:24 paul_p (maybe I should update the guidelines...)
17:25 mbalmer why no SQL in .pl files?
17:25 paul_p (and, point 1 is clear = if you provide an ENH/bugfix to a patch that fails guidelines, QA won't reject you because of that)
17:26 paul_p mbalmer, everything should be in a module. And in the Perl module related to Koha module (acq/cat/circ/...). It's much easier for maintainance !
17:26 jcamins paul_p: it makes sense for central functionality.
17:27 jcamins But is something that you run because you did something wrong with your system, and now you want to fix it by doing something you probably shouldn't be doing.
17:27 paul_p it's time to leave for me now. I've pushed a lot of patches today...33 bugs signed off & needing QA, most of them being complex
17:27 mbalmer paul_p, so you mean handing down stuff to a perl module, which then contains the SQL needed?  some sort of layering, right?
17:27 jcamins :)
17:27 jcamins paul_p++
17:27 paul_p mbalmer, right
17:28 mbalmer paul_p, good, that makes sense.  btw. how many folks in Marseille already?
17:28 paul_p (and I think we should progressively move to a MVC model. joubu at BibLibre is working on a POC about that atm)
17:28 paul_p mbalmer, if you had a gdoc account you would know ;-)
17:28 mbalmer eek...
17:28 paul_p 15 from BibLibre + 7 from outside
17:29 paul_p well, 9 from outside BibLibre in fact.
17:29 paul_p so already 24 !
17:29 mbalmer wow.
17:29 rangi @later tell chris_n the follow up patch for 929 needs to be cherry-picked to stop the tests complaining
17:29 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
17:29 paul_p (how many ppl could we have in BibLibre office... I feel we will know that after the hackfest :D )
17:29 paul_p OK, time to leave.
17:29 mbalmer cu
17:30 paul_p rangi, have a good morning & day !
17:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #594 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:32 rangi thanks paul_p, off to talk to librarians today in auckland
17:32 libsysguy yo seen bag
17:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7435: corrects Fund selectbox in addneworder <[…]4976ccb0cdf7ae1a0>
17:32 libsysguy i guess the bot doesn't like the word yo
17:32 libsysguy seen bag
17:32 wahanui bag was last seen on #koha 5 days, 13 hours, 1 minutes and 18 seconds ago, saying: hey yo AmitG  [Thu Jan 12 04:30:45 2012]
17:37 rangi but chrisdothall and the academy students should have more stuff to show by the end of the day :)
17:37 wizzyrea the stuff they did yesterday was pretty awesome
17:38 magnuse go students go!
17:46 paul_p left #koha
17:47 fabio_t hi... I have a question. I guess that Koha fully works for staff and public if virtualized with Ubuntu on a Windows machine and accessed via browser from Windows. am I right?
17:48 jcamins fabio_t: yes, as long as you don't use IE as the browser for the staff client.
17:49 fabio_t thanks jcamins
17:49 fabio_t jcamins++
17:52 Guillaume1 left #koha
17:59 trea is now known as trea-lunch
18:00 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
18:02 edveal is now known as edveal-away
18:02 cait joined #koha
18:02 cait hi #koha
18:03 libsysguy hi cait
18:03 libsysguy (the real cait that is)
18:05 cait is there an unreal cait?
18:09 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
18:10 * cait waves at oleonard-away
18:19 Culiforge joined #koha
18:19 Culiforge is now known as cul_away
18:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #594: SUCCESS in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/594/
18:23 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 5533 followup: reinstate Lost status editing
18:23 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7357: display serial title instead of '---'
18:23 jenkins_koha * mason: Bug 6466 - hung socket read causes SIP tests to fail
18:23 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7247 - -v should show all Zebra log output
18:23 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 7006, highlight patron changes in email
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5533 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , marking item lost diff in two places
18:23 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 4300: Fix display of textual holdings (866)
18:23 jenkins_koha * gcollum: Bug 7277: Fixes display of subtitles in opac.
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7357 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Subscriptions titles are replaced by "---" when duplicated
18:23 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 6787 - Fast Add framework for NORMARC
18:23 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7332: Translated title (MARC21 242) not shown
18:23 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7399: Holds Queue should show reserve notes
18:23 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7388 [SIGNED-OFF] [enh] - round the corners on the side menus in the staff client
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6466 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, mtj, Pushed to Master , hung socket read causes SIP tests to fail
18:23 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7097: HidePatronName not hiding on issue history
18:23 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7266: flags debarred, suspended, gonenoaddress in overdue
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7247 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , -v should show all Zebra log output
18:23 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6885 Follow up patch, invert tested condition
18:23 jenkins_koha * henridamien.laurent: Bug 7276 : member entry Performance improvement
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7006 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , highlight patron changes in email
18:23 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7276 : Follow up, adding a sub to clear the cache
18:23 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7435: corrects Fund selectbox in addneworder
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4300 normal, P3, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Display 866z summary holdings public note in OPAC
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7277 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gcollum, Pushed to Master , keyword mapping needs spaces in the OPAC
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6787 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , NORMARC needs a Fast Add framework
18:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7332 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Translated title (MARC21 field 242) doesn't display
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7399 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, Pushed to Master , Holds Queue should show reserve notes
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7388 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, Pushed to Master , rounded corners for side menus in staff client
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7097 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , HidePatronName not hiding in all places
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7266 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , : filter on flags "debarred" "suspended" and "gonenoaddress" not working
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6885 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Superlibrarian users can't delete items from another library when IndependantBranches
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7276 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, stephane.delaune, Pushed to Master , member entry Performance improvement
18:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7435 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , An inactive fund is selected a default in
18:31 trea-lunch left #koha
18:36 skushner joined #koha
18:38 nengard I did a pull on my test install and now when i try to search I get this "Software error: Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /home/nengard/kohaclone/C4/ line 1849"  is this a bug? or something with my setup?
18:41 jcamins Sounds like something that shouldn't have been was pushed.
18:42 liw left #koha
18:42 nengard anyone else having that issue?
18:42 jcamins I can't test now, though.
18:47 oleonard-away Searching works for me nengard
18:47 nengard uh oh
18:47 nengard any ideas on how i might fix this little snag?
18:47 nengard or what to look at?
18:48 jcamins What's that line of code on your install?
18:48 nengard rebuilding zebra ? just in case
18:48 nengard checking htat line
18:49 nengard $record->insert_fields_ordered( MARC::Field->new(
18:49 mib_rangi joined #koha
18:49 nengard in sub TransformKohaToMarc
18:50 nengard rebuilding didn't work
18:50 jcamins That's not good.
18:50 jcamins When did you last update?
18:51 mib_rangi left #koha
18:51 mib_rangi joined #koha
18:52 mib_rangi left #koha
18:52 mib_rangi joined #koha
18:52 mib_rangi left #koha
18:52 mib_rangi joined #koha
18:52 mib_rangi left #koha
18:53 mib_rangi joined #koha
18:53 mib_rangi ok, im bored of it logging me in and out constantly, it keeps reloading the browser, dumb thing, i give up, will be back from somewhere that has internet without stupid port blocks
18:54 cait safe travels
18:54 nengard jcamins i did a git pull like an hour ago
18:54 mib_rangi left #koha
18:54 collum nengard: I was trying to load marc records into the reservoir last night, and I was getting a similar, error.
18:54 collum 3 day old installation
18:54 collum I thought it was me.
18:54 nengard hmmm
18:55 cait I can git pull and check
18:55 cait give me a sec
18:57 adnc joined #koha
19:01 jcamins nengard: I meant, before that.
19:01 nengard i was updating a version of master from last week
19:01 jcamins Okay.
19:02 jcamins I'm betting the problem is related to bug 6990.
19:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6990 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , TransformKohaToMarc enhancement
19:02 jcamins Try reverting that patch and see if it fixes it.
19:03 edveal-away is now known as edveal
19:03 cait hm search working for me
19:07 edveal is now known as edveal-phone
19:10 nengard jcamins can you tell me what to type to revert that one?
19:13 edveal-phone is now known as edveal
19:13 pastebot "jcamins" at pasted "nengard: reverting the commits for bug 6990" (3 lines) at
19:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6990 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , TransformKohaToMarc enhancement
19:14 fabio_t I have to go... see you!
19:14 nengard jcamins that worked
19:15 jcamins nengard: reopen bug 6990 and put on a comment explaining the problem you encountered.
19:16 chris_n cait: did you find everything you wanted in 3.6.x?
19:16 collum jcamins: I'll check my installation tonight.
19:16 cait yes
19:16 cait :)
19:16 cait it's great
19:16 nengard jcamins done
19:16 nengard it wasn't closed
19:17 chris_n cait: setting 'pushed to stable' will have to wait for me for now
19:17 * chris_n has nearly zero time available atm :-(
19:17 nengard jcamins will i be able to do a pull next time as normal?
19:17 cait ah
19:17 cait that's why i offered to do it :)
19:17 chris_n feel free to do it if you like
19:17 cait I could check the release notes and do it if that's ok for you
19:17 chris_n that would be fantastic
19:17 cait cool
19:18 cait i think that's the perfect task for tonight
19:18 jcamins nengard: no, you'll want to run `git checkout master` before running `git pull`
19:18 * chris_n hands cait raspberry chocolate coffee
19:18 cait the release notes on git are up to date, right?
19:18 cait oh
19:18 cait thank you )
19:18 nengard thanks jcamins
19:18 nengard hopefully that gets fixed soon
19:18 chris_n cait: will be in the next hour or so
19:18 nengard paul_p please see comment on bug 6990
19:18 cait chris_n: will you oull more?
19:18 cait I have one... 4300
19:18 cait bug 4300
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4300 normal, P3, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Display 866z summary holdings public note in OPAC
19:18 chris_n cait: maybe if I have time
19:18 nengard @later tell paul_p please see comment on bug 6990
19:18 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
19:19 cait we have that turning up as holdings note: ;;;;;;;.
19:19 chris_n I'm planning to freeze the branch tonight
19:19 cait yep you told me
19:19 cait I will start going through the release notes
19:20 chris_n I'm going to try to get current with master before zulu (0000 EST) my time
19:20 wizzyrea yay for rounded corners
19:20 chris_n we'll see how far I get...
19:20 wizzyrea those are purty
19:20 chris_n purdy,  maybe?
19:22 edveal Anybody know a good way to hide libraries from the OPAC library searching drop-down menu?
19:23 cait hm jquery?
19:23 wahanui i heard jquery was client side, so it doesn't have anything to do with the templating system
19:23 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
19:24 slef I'm surprisingly cross about all these complete SOPA blackouts
19:25 maximep left #koha
19:26 maximep joined #koha
19:30 chris_n cait++
19:30 cait not hard to do with such nice release notes
19:30 oleonard Why would Bug 6990 cause nengard problems but not me?
19:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6990 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , TransformKohaToMarc enhancement
19:31 cait oleonard: it works for me too - no idea
19:31 nengard maybe it was the search i ran
19:31 nengard characters that were in that search
19:31 chris_n cait: my script could probably be mod'd to change the bug status upon release note generation
19:31 * chris_n really needs more to do atm
19:32 cait I know the problem
19:32 cait work is crazy in january
19:32 cait not sure why
19:32 cait perhaps because everyone is starting with new energy into the new year... and in result things go crazy
19:34 wizzyrea oops sorry rangi
19:35 trea joined #koha
19:43 aleksa joined #koha
19:43 cait chris_n: hm it seems the release notes ar enot complete? 929 from yesterday is missing
19:44 cait perhaps becaue it's only 3 numbers?
19:44 chris_n exactly
19:44 chris_n fixed now
19:44 * chris_n hopes
19:45 jenkins_koha Starting build #29 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #26 25 j ago)
19:45 chris_n there's one patch lacking from that series which I need to get
19:45 cait hm
19:46 sekjal cait++
19:47 chris_n automation == autonightmare
19:47 cait ok
19:48 cait all bugs from release notes done
19:48 cait some  where already marked resolved
19:50 magnuse cait++
19:51 edveal Ok, I am trying to hide a library in the OPAC search dropdown. Here is what I have tried and it is not working anyone able to help out?    $("select[name='idx'] option[value='branch:E']").hide();
19:51 jcamins edveal: are you sure that the name is idx?
19:52 jcamins That seems... not right.
19:53 edveal No I am not sure I pulled it from a listing in the jQuery library that is supposed to add a search. I will look more.
19:53 cait I think that's for hiding search options
19:53 cait do you have firebug?
19:53 cait it's a firefox plugin
19:53 cait it's really helpful looking at the dom and finding the right elements :)
19:54 jcamins Or just use Chrome.
19:56 mbalmer koha could profit from runnin as mod_perl stuff.  wht are the reasons again that it does not?
19:56 edveal I am using it... and you are right that is not it. I think I might want id="select_library"
19:56 wizzyrea $("select[name='select_library'] option etc
19:56 rhcl hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Evergreen we go....later dudes
19:56 rhcl left #koha
19:57 jorgia joined #koha
19:58 sekjal mbalmer:  you can run under ModPerl::PerlRun, but not ModPerl::Registry
19:58 wizzyrea hi jorgia :)
19:58 mbalmer sekjal, I don't know the difference, but is it a serious speed impact or so?
19:58 jorgia hi :)
19:59 cait hi jorgia :)
19:59 sekjal mbalmer: ModPerl::Registry is faster
19:59 sekjal but requires lots of recoding
19:59 mbalmer so someone has to do it(tm) ;)
19:59 sekjal ModPerl::PerlRun is still an improvement, but not as great.  no code edits required
19:59 cait edveal: for ids wirte #id
19:59 sekjal I'm running it on a test server at the moment
20:00 cait in the selector
20:00 mbalmer and, how much faster is it?
20:00 magnuse bug 7172
20:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7172 major, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Data Persistency
20:00 edveal cait I will try that
20:00 wizzyrea oh right yes, it's not the name
20:00 wizzyrea it's the ID
20:00 Kate joined #koha
20:00 * wizzyrea was not paying close enough attention
20:01 sekjal mbalmer: I got about 30% improvement in opac search time with ModPerl::PerlRun
20:01 samsanders joined #koha
20:01 sekjal but my testing was limited to only a few runs
20:01 _reason joined #koha
20:01 sekjal brb; meeting
20:01 mbalmer sekjal, that is quite impressive already
20:01 magnuse kia ora Kate samsanders _reason
20:01 mbalmer zzz time here now...
20:02 Kate Hey
20:02 fabio_t left #koha
20:03 mbalmer left #koha
20:06 cait welcome back academy students :)
20:07 edveal Found it... I should be this:  $("#select_library option[value='branch:E']").hide();
20:07 _Bart___ joined #koha
20:07 edveal And it worked.
20:07 edveal Thanks for the help.
20:07 magnuse kia ora _Bart___
20:08 cait cool
20:08 cait edveal++ :)
20:09 juggler-boy-123 joined #koha
20:09 juggler-boy-123 http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ster/HTML_Report/
20:09 _Bart___ magnuse: hello :)
20:09 _reason hey magnuse :)
20:10 magnuse yay! ;-)
20:10 magnuse wassup at the academy?
20:11 jorgia magnuse: we are working on our projects all week :)
20:11 magnuse cool
20:11 magnuse @wunder boo
20:11 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0�C (8:50 PM CET on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 2.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
20:12 magnuse @wunder wellington, nz
20:12 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 18.0�C (9:00 AM NZDT on January 18, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
20:12 magnuse ooh, summer...
20:12 wahanui summer is, like, here now
20:12 magnuse depends on where here is, wahanui...
20:12 wahanui magnuse: no idea
20:12 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:12 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is -2.0�C (9:00 PM CET on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -4.0�C. Pressure: 30.53 in 1034 hPa (Rising).
20:12 wizzyrea @wunder 66047
20:12 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is -1.2�C (2:11 PM CST on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: -9.0�C. Windchill: -4.0�C. Pressure: 30.28 in 1025.3 hPa (Rising).
20:12 wizzyrea it's warmer in norway!
20:13 wizzyrea wtf are the odds of that.
20:13 cait i win :(
20:13 wizzyrea but yes, you do win
20:13 wizzyrea hmm any wind?
20:13 wizzyrea in konstanz?
20:13 cait currently not
20:13 cait but cold
20:13 wizzyrea then I win :) -4 windchill
20:13 cait heh
20:14 wizzyrea just kiddin, you can have it
20:14 oleonard @wunder 45701
20:14 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 12.0�C (3:10 PM EST on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 29.52 in 999.5 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect until 9 PM EST this evening...
20:14 wizzyrea !
20:14 wizzyrea 12!
20:14 wizzyrea downright balmy
20:14 oleonard That wind is probably blowing in your weather wizzyrea
20:14 chrisdothall @wunder wellington
20:14 wizzyrea you don't want my weather.
20:14 huginn chrisdothall: Error: No such location could be found.
20:15 magnuse chrisdothall: try wellington, nz
20:15 samsanders @wunder christchurch, nz
20:15 huginn samsanders: The current temperature in Christchurch, New Zealand is 16.0�C (9:00 AM NZDT on January 18, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 14.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
20:15 chrisdothall magnuse: I was just testing )
20:15 chrisdothall :)*
20:16 collum @wunder cvg
20:16 huginn collum: The current temperature in Covington, Kentucky is 12.0�C (2:52 PM EST on January 17, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 6.0�C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Rising).
20:16 oleonard Man the OPAC looks like crap in IE8.
20:17 magnuse ie8--
20:18 wizzyrea oh did you just get notice of the bug with the lists in IE
20:18 wizzyrea man seriously what list is that?
20:18 oleonard Yeah
20:18 wizzyrea
20:18 * wizzyrea wants to be notified of new bugs
20:18 oleonard
20:19 oleonard Microsoft should really be given credit for being able to continually crank out truly crappy browsers when it seems to easy for so many other companies to produce decent ones.
20:20 ibeardslee @wunder ballarat
20:20 huginn ibeardslee: The current temperature in Delacombe, Ballarat, Victoria is 20.7�C (7:00 AM EST on January 18, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 6.0�C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1011.7 hPa (Steady).
20:23 mtj left #koha
20:24 wizzyrea oleonard: the rounded corners got in ;)
20:25 mtj joined #koha
20:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #29: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/29/
20:27 jenkins_koha chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 17 Jan 2012 19:39:50 Z
20:28 juggler-boy-123 Got my three patches pushed :D
20:28 wizzyrea squee!
20:28 wizzyrea juggler-boy-123++
20:28 cait :)
20:28 cait juggler-boy-123++
20:28 magnuse juggler-boy-123++
20:29 kathryn joined #koha
20:34 sekjal magnuse:  ago43 and I are working on bug 7445, FYI
20:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7445 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
20:35 magnuse sekjal: wonderful - cause i'm stumped
20:35 sekjal magnuse:  well, so are we
20:35 sekjal why is the error appearing only for tags?
20:35 magnuse just added my latest findings on the bug
20:36 magnuse yeah. that's the question!
20:36 sekjal the error is coming from $@, not from $error; if it was $error, I'd understand, since every other, non-tag case overwrites the $error from buildQuery
20:38 sekjal I think maybe in ZOOM::Query
20:39 juggler-boy-123 left #koha
20:40 juggler-boy-123 joined #koha
20:42 jwagner left #koha
20:45 magnuse sekjal: as far as i can tell, the error comes from Lingua::Stem::Snowball in C4::Search::_build_stemmed_operand
20:45 sekjal magnuse:  yes, that's where
20:45 sekjal if stemming is on, it gets called, even if you're doing a tag search
20:45 sekjal because buildQuery is run
20:46 sekjal that error gets put into $@, and displayed on the screen as an error
20:46 magnuse yup
20:47 magnuse but it would almost seem that stemming isn't done for regular searches, only when the tags are involved?
21:04 collum left #koha
21:13 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:14 oleonard See y'all tomorrow
21:14 oleonard left #koha
21:16 cait bye all :)
21:16 magnuse bye cait
21:16 cait left #koha
21:26 schuster joined #koha
21:29 liw joined #koha
21:31 wizzyrea sam and connor are the new devs right?
21:33 juggler-boy-123 left #koha
21:34 _reason left #koha
21:38 sekjal wizzyrea:  JesseM is also new to the committers list (from yesterday)
21:38 sekjal magnuse: sorry, missed your last comment
21:38 sekjal stemming is done for both tag search AND normal search
21:39 sekjal it's just that somehow, normal search clears $@
21:39 wizzyrea ah cool ty
21:39 magnuse ah, that would explain it
21:46 magnuse sekjal: "$@ - The Perl syntax error message from the last eval() operator." so maybe a later eval() related to the tags resets it?
21:46 sekjal something in Net::Z3950::ZOOM
21:48 wizzyrea git bz?
21:48 wahanui git bz is so much fun :) or[…]_bz_configuration
21:48 ago43 left #koha
21:50 juggler-boy-123 joined #koha
21:50 _reason joined #koha
21:57 sekjal left #koha
21:59 schuster I have a question about Z39.50 - when we connect say using MARCEdit to our database are we retrieving in XML or bib-1?
22:00 schuster With 3.6 - are you still able to retrieve item information?  I'm looking at the ipage imatch options...
22:06 schuster left #koha
22:09 trea is now known as trea-phone
22:12 hdl joined #koha
22:13 wizzyrea did we ever figure out why item suppression sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?
22:14 skushner left #koha
22:18 trea-phone is now known as trea
22:21 wizzyrea bug 5984 - does this work with "withdrawn"
22:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5984 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , OPAC: Hide items using a systempreferces to determine what to hide
22:21 wizzyrea like wthdrawn: [1] or something
22:23 adnc left #koha
22:24 liw left #koha
22:25 wizzyrea also of interest if we hide lost - why not hide withdrawn too?
22:41 JesseM left #koha
22:41 _Bart___ hello could someone please check my server[…]ckedoutbooks.html it was down yesterday and I can't tell if it's fine from here
22:42 wizzyrea seems to be working for me
22:42 wizzyrea http://www.real-user-monitorin[…]on-enterprise-it/
22:42 wizzyrea er
22:42 wizzyrea no
22:42 wizzyrea
22:42 wizzyrea there that's better
22:43 _Bart___ wizzyrea: thankyou :)
22:43 wizzyrea yvw
22:44 magnuse _Bart___: looks good from norway too :-)
22:47 _reason issues and returns widgets up at - anyone have IE <= 8 to check if my embed method works?
22:53 maximep oops, just closed my vm. Not working on Opera :/
22:54 maximep anyway, gtg before the snowstorm gets crazier
22:54 maximep left #koha
22:55 magnuse g'night #koha!
22:55 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
22:59 trea left #koha
23:00 nengard left #koha
23:02 edveal is now known as edveal-away
23:02 edveal-away left #koha
23:08 libsysguy left #koha
23:23 NateC left #koha
23:36 _reason left #koha
23:37 Kate left #koha
23:43 Callender left #koha
23:46 _reason joined #koha
23:53 Callender joined #koha
23:56 juggler-boy-123 left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary