IRC log for #koha, 2011-07-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #323: SUCCESS in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/323/
00:01 jenkins_koha * tajoli: Bug 5462: Update of the italian sql files The bug is about strings that are used as variables by Template::Toolkit The strings need to be like valid perl variable names. To fix the bug we need to fix also .sql files. Others .sql files are OK. Italian .sql file needs this fix
00:01 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 5867 : Improved the email checking when sending "Hold filled" notices.
00:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5462 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Fix variable names so we dont break template::toolkit
00:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5867 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , "Hold filled" notice not sent by email if the user has its email address in a field other than "email"
00:08 Irma joined #koha
01:14 BobB left #koha
01:33 jenkins_koha Starting build 14 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:54 jransom joined #koha
02:13 juan_sieira joined #koha
02:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #14: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/14/
02:14 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 2505: Suppress some warnings emitted by
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Revised fix for Bug 6133 - Authorised values administration, warn for modifs
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6573 - Library name entry field enforces unnecessary maxlength
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2505 major, P1, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , enable Perl warnings in all modules and scripts
02:14 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 4994 - Net::LDAP returns lowercase names
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6577 - columns misaligned on serials search results
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for 6426 - messaging not showing on patron categories
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6570 - unlabeled box on funds form
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6133 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Authorised values administration, warn for modifs
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6586 - calendar showing the wrong event type when editing
02:14 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6587 - Tag moderation lost colors
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6573 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Library name entry field enforces unnecessary maxlength
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4994 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED FIXED, ldap mapping inconsistancy: Net::LDAP returns lowercase names
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6577 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Columns misaligned on serials search results
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6570 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Unlabeled box on funds form
02:14 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4330] Copyright statements out of date <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4330>
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6586 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Calendar showing the wrong event type when editing
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6587 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Tag moderation lost colors
02:15 juan_sieira_ left #koha
02:16 miguel left #koha
02:25 miguel joined #koha
02:47 Brooke joined #koha
02:47 Brooke kia ora
02:48 rangi hi Brooke
02:48 Brooke :)
02:48 jransom hiya all
02:48 rangi oh look its jransom
02:48 Brooke fancy that
02:49 chrisdothall joined #koha
02:49 rangi and chrisdothall :)
02:49 chrisdothall hey rangi!
02:49 rangi chrisdothall: watcha doing on the 26th of july?
02:49 rangi back at uni by then?
02:49 chrisdothall celebrating the day after my birthday, why?
02:49 chrisdothall im back at uni now :(
02:50 rangi ah dang
02:50 rangi[…]ers-group-meeting
02:50 Brooke skive off!
02:50 jransom yeah - taste real life!
02:50 Brooke if I can risk deportation to protest things, you can skive off to get to a meeting ;P
02:50 chrisdothall rangi: sadly I wont be able to make that :(
02:50 rangi heh
02:50 rangi ahh, next one ;)
02:52 chrisdothall if its not on a uni day, definitely :)
02:52 druthb joined #koha
02:52 jransom so had an interesting half hour discussion with my daughter this morning about me going to Mumbai
02:52 druthb o/
02:53 jransom and explaining how far away Thane was from Mumbai
02:53 jransom heya Ruth
02:53 Brooke aye
02:53 rangi heya druthb
02:53 jransom and how we will be on a campus - a local campus
02:53 Brooke and how they'll just target the Yank whore first?
02:53 jransom and staying in a local hotel in thane not a big USA corporate hotel chain in the financial district
02:53 jransom na - didn't say that out loud
02:54 jransom ;P
02:54 jransom :P
02:54 * Brooke yelps
02:54 druthb hi, jransom, Brooke, and rangi. :)
02:55 jransom 20 36 for the NZ Koha usert group meeting registered so far
02:55 jransom 20 = so
02:55 jransom (don't know why I typed 20 ..)
02:55 rangi cool
02:56 eythian I wonder if I'm registered.
02:56 eythian I'll be there, anyway
02:57 Brooke clearly I needs start swimming
02:57 jransom you are registered
02:57 jransom or detour via NZ to KohaCon11?
02:58 druthb loooong detour.
02:58 Brooke I would say that you people only let me on your soil for 3 months or so, but the maths works :P
02:59 jransom so 10 days for a Kiwi to get a visa for India
03:00 Brooke Indian visa?
03:00 wahanui Indian visa is multi entry Tourist Visa *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
03:00 jransom yes
03:01 Brooke didja mail it in?
03:01 jransom the tourist visa
03:01 jransom will do
03:01 Brooke sucker go in person :P
03:02 Brooke Friday?
03:02 wahanui Friday is garlic orgy day in france! ;)
03:02 Brooke wahanui forget Friday
03:02 wahanui Brooke: I forgot friday
03:03 Brooke wahanui friday is It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
03:03 wahanui OK, Brooke.
03:03 Brooke Friday?
03:03 wahanui Friday is probably It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
03:03 druthb Brooke?
03:03 wahanui Brooke is deprecated
03:03 druthb talljoy?
03:03 wahanui hmmm... talljoy is magnificent! or tall.
03:03 Brooke botsnack wahanui sultana cake
03:03 druthb druthb?
03:03 wahanui you are probably gonna be out the week of July 18-22, and you won't see much of her for a couple of weeks after that.
03:03 Brooke wahanui botsnack sultana cake
03:03 wahanui thanks Brooke :)
03:06 druthb I was thinkin' of staying up and doing some things around here, but I don' think so.
03:06 Brooke screw it, it's Friday ;)
03:07 rangi  <-- watch that instead
03:09 Brooke I've to uh slip you Christie singing Tunkashila if you like her voice.
03:10 druthb some powerful pipes on that lead contralt.....zowie.   gorgeous.
03:10 * Brooke has been known to belt that in the car.
03:11 Brooke oh my, whippin' off the cloaks! What would Auntie say?
03:13 rangi
03:17 Brooke[…]tory.html?hpid=z3
03:17 chrisdothall left #koha
03:17 Brooke *cough* not that anyone reads that dross.
03:26 * druthb is headed to bed.  Be well.
03:26 druthb left #koha
04:00 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5453 : Move declarations out of conditionals <[…]4deee12491febc4d3> / Bug 5453 Move declarations out of conditionals <[…]c4b6912435d29704b> / Bug 5453 Move declarations out of conditionals in opac <[…]koha.git;a=commit
04:03 eythian packages for 3.4.2 are out. Get 'em while they're hot.
04:03 Brooke eythian++
04:03 jenkins_koha Starting build 324 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:03 Brooke apt get a lager for eythian
04:04 bg heh
04:04 * eythian doesn't like lagers, in general
04:04 bg apt-get a case for eythian
04:04 eythian a nice IPA is much more preferable ;)
04:04 Brooke fool!
04:04 bg eythian: agreed
04:04 Brooke you don't get him a case til you know what he drinks :P
04:04 * bg sticks to ales
04:04 Brooke mmmm
04:04 eythian yep, that's largely my policy.
04:05 Brooke Indian Pale Ale in India ftw
04:06 eythian I wonder if they still actually exist in India
04:06 ibeardslee hey .. where is my BOC email?
04:07 rangi i think they are still setting up, much harder for them to do on level 7
04:07 eythian ibeardslee: I see the beer room filling up with people
04:07 rangi altho i hear bottles opening
04:07 Brooke you are all horrible teases.
04:07 Space_Librarian ditto
04:07 rangi i best go investiage
04:07 Space_Librarian ditto. :)
04:07 rangi investigate too
04:07 ibeardslee yeh I think the sysadmin team had a team meeting that delayed the setup
04:07 eythian I can see 4 or 5 people
04:07 Space_Librarian where my meringues?!
04:07 eythian I'm waiting for the kc/master packages to build
04:12 ibeardslee yeah .. sorry while we were in the meeting room I was hungry
04:13 Space_Librarian meh. sub-par meringues. I have to settle for chip rolls.
04:13 Brooke /me starts drooling uncontrollably.
04:16 jransom ok back for real this time
04:17 * Space_Librarian goes back for another chip roll...
04:17 eythian jransom: but it's beer o'clock time
04:18 jransom if i was in wgtn i'd be drinking with you!
04:18 Space_Librarian indeed you would be!
04:23 jransom my daughter just bought me a splendid pirate hat for tomorrow's party!
04:23 Brooke duhrectors aren't allowed pirate hats :P
04:26 jransom oh yes
04:26 jransom my only sorry is that a sweeping ostrick feather is not to be found on the main street of levin for love nor money
04:26 jransom had mills out scouring ...
04:26 jransom brought me back a feather boa and said wrap wire around it!
04:26 eythian hey folks, squeeze-dev now contains a package built from master.
04:27 eythian Which means it's beer time now
04:27 Brooke cheers!
04:27 Brooke it is your solemn duty to drink at least one for me
04:27 Brooke rough lot, but someone needs do it
04:28 jransom and drink for me too :)
04:29 eythian I do have a 7:30am start tomorrow, you people!
04:36 Brooke on a Saturday?
04:44 samerrill joined #koha
04:47 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #324: SUCCESS in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/324/
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453 Do not declare variables in conditionals
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453: Move declarations out of conditionals
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453: Move declarations from within conditionals in catalogue/
04:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5453 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Variables declaration should not occur in conditionals
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453 Move declarations out of conditionals
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453 Move declarations out of conditionals in opac
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453 Move declarations out of conditionals
04:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5453 : Move declarations out of conditionals
04:50 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
04:51 Brooke @seen kmkale
04:51 huginn Brooke: kmkale was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, 29 minutes, and 35 seconds ago: <kmkale> bye slef and thanks
04:52 Irma left #koha
04:52 glernil joined #koha
04:52 miguel left #koha
04:52 juan_sieira left #koha
04:53 jransom can anyone help with a friday aftewrnoon sql query?
04:54 Space_Librarian jransom: I was about to offer to go pull rangi from his beer for you.
04:54 jransom not that urgently - stdc need help
04:54 Space_Librarian and it's not in the wiki?
04:55 jransom no - not getting what i want
04:55 Space_Librarian hrmmm
04:55 jransom what they want ...
04:55 jransom stdc
04:56 Space_Librarian yep. pondering bugging rangi.
04:56 Space_Librarian it's not 5pm yet. :p
04:56 Brooke try here first?
04:56 Brooke[…]L_Reports_Library
04:56 Space_Librarian Brooke: that's what i asked
04:56 Brooke doh
04:57 Brooke I'd tell ye to pester Nora, but she's not up this hour, I think.
04:57 jransom yeah - thetyyh want a report detailing all outstanding amounts owing , and grouped by corrower category
04:58 jransom stdc are not allowed access to irc!!!
04:58 Space_Librarian what?!
04:58 * Space_Librarian is surprised
04:58 Brooke Bolshevism! ;)
04:59 jransom yep - they wwere allowed for go live week only
04:59 Space_Librarian I have espied eythian...
04:59 Space_Librarian and food. I will go query.
05:00 jransom really - he will be grumpy
05:00 Space_Librarian yep. i decided against it
05:01 jransom good call
05:01 Space_Librarian can they send an email to the list?
05:01 jransom yup
05:01 Space_Librarian they'll have something by Monday that way.
05:01 Space_Librarian Or tomorrow.
05:01 wahanui tomorrow is pizza friday!
05:01 Space_Librarian hopefully
05:01 miguel joined #koha
05:02 Space_Librarian eythian recommends the email the list approach. Accounts are tricky
05:03 jransom excellent
05:03 jransom Brooke has suggested a scrtipt that Nicole wrote
05:03 jransom thanks
05:04 jransom how the hell she is meant to do herjob without the intrerenet ./ irc  / twitter is hard to imagine
05:04 chrisdothall joined #koha
05:05 Space_Librarian jransom: I agree
05:05 Space_Librarian chrisdothall long time no see
05:05 Brooke I could see that in a prison setting
05:05 chrisdothall hey Space_Librarian :) I have been lurking here on and off
05:06 Space_Librarian how's things? good? :)
05:07 chrisdothall I have been diagnosed with OOS in my wrists, but they are getting better :) How are things on your end?
05:08 Space_Librarian Ah, the joys of too long in frnot of a keyboard. Things are on the up and up. If you had time of the 26th, I'd be suggesting you come up to levin for the unconference.
05:08 chrisdothall yeah, and bad mouse habits haha.
05:08 * Space_Librarian has a trackball mouse now due to oos
05:08 chrisdothall rangi mentioned that before when I logged in, sadly I have university that day and I have to go as it is a marked lab
05:09 * chrisdothall also uses a trackball now :p
05:09 Space_Librarian trackball rocks.
05:09 Space_Librarian yeah, marked labs are a pain.
05:09 chrisdothall Im also in the process of 'making' a split keyboard so when I type my wrists will be more seperated.
05:09 chrisdothall although I often tense my arm while using the trackball, but im working on it :p
05:10 Space_Librarian got one of those as well. Helps greatly
05:10 chrisdothall you have a split keyboard? :o
05:10 Space_Librarian I do.
05:10 * chrisdothall is very jealous
05:11 Space_Librarian if you go through disabilities at uni, they should issue you with one.
05:11 Space_Librarian they are required to if you're diagnosed with oos
05:11 Space_Librarian and offer you voice recognition software
05:11 * chrisdothall wasnt aware of such
05:13 Brooke make sure the stupid little clicky feet are off
05:14 Brooke basically the trick is to sit higher than you type
05:14 jransom left #koha
05:14 chrisdothall yeah, for a while I had a really bad chair with a back that offered next to no support
05:14 Space_Librarian that never helps
05:14 Brooke get a yoga ball
05:14 Brooke they ROCK
05:14 chrisdothall my current chair is still a little lower than I would have liked, so I will be looking into that aswell
05:15 chrisdothall I bought some off 1day, but they ended up being lost by the courier >.>
05:15 chrisdothall I do wonder how they would work out with no back support and all
05:15 Brooke have you considered beating your courier?
05:15 Space_Librarian not cool
05:15 Brooke I was surprised with mine
05:15 Space_Librarian i never found a swiss ball to help me
05:15 Brooke I can go about 2-3 hours
05:15 Brooke then I've to get up
05:16 Brooke but I should be up by then anyhow
05:16 chrisdothall which is good in itself.
05:16 chrisdothall yeah the courier delivered to the wrong numbered house, on an entirely different street, in a different suburb....
05:16 Brooke ha!
05:16 chrisdothall then when they went to retreive it, no one was home for weeks on end. I suspect they fled the country with my 2 yoga balls...
05:17 Brooke ha!
05:17 Brooke when I used to live in the ghetto
05:17 chrisdothall Space_Librarian: so did you try a swiss ball then?
05:17 Brooke I more often than not picked stuff up at the depot.
05:18 Space_Librarian I've tried everything.
05:18 Space_Librarian even those weird kneeling chairs
05:18 Brooke including a standing desk?
05:18 chrisdothall I dont know if they let you just march in, unless they miss the delivery the first time that is.
05:18 Space_Librarian never had that option, Brooke
05:18 chrisdothall I am interested in a standing desk, seems very tiring though.
05:18 Brooke cookies are the solution to everything Chris ;)
05:18 chrisdothall cookies? haha
05:19 chrisdothall march in with a jar, offer to trade for package>
05:19 Brooke now you're on the trolley.
05:19 chrisdothall haha
05:19 Brooke even works on the FBI
05:19 Brooke hey, I have this greasy bag with me and I'd like to see so and so. Clearly I belong here.
05:20 * Brooke used to make a killing as a delivery driver.
05:21 glernil left #koha
05:23 Brooke left #koha
05:36 Space_Librarian left #koha
05:55 cait joined #koha
05:58 hdl joined #koha
06:07 chrisdothall left #koha
06:07 chrisdothall joined #koha
06:08 cait morning #koha
06:09 cait hi hdl and chrisdothall :)
06:09 chrisdothall hey cait :)
06:09 cait nice to see you are back :)
06:10 hdl hi chrisdothall and cait
06:10 hdl and all
06:11 chrisdothall hey :)
06:13 chrisdothall left #koha
06:13 chrisdothall joined #koha
06:14 chrisdothall left #koha
06:15 chrisdothall joined #koha
06:25 cait left #koha
06:27 cait joined #koha
06:38 cait left #koha
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:40 reiveune hello
06:47 * rangi waves
07:15 julian joined #koha
07:16 julian hello #koha
07:18 Guillaume joined #koha
07:18 sophie_m joined #koha
07:19 BobB joined #koha
07:23 kf joined #koha
07:23 kf hi #koha
07:24 BobB Hi kf
07:24 BobB Starting work for the day?
07:28 kf hi BobB - yes :)
07:28 BobB Just on time to finish here.  :)
07:35 kf greetings to Irma :)
07:36 Oak joined #koha
07:36 kf Oak
07:36 Oak kf
07:36 Oak hello #koha
07:43 kf @wunder Konstanz
07:43 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 16.3�C (9:40 AM CEST on July 15, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1020.9 hPa (Steady).
07:44 Oak @wunder islamabad
07:44 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 31.0�C (12:00 PM PKT on July 15, 2011). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: 25.0�C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Steady).
07:44 kf big difference
07:44 Oak yup
07:51 juan_sieira joined #koha
07:52 juan_sieira left #koha
07:52 juan_sieira_ left #koha
07:53 miguel left #koha
07:55 juan joined #koha
07:56 juan is now known as Guest2249
08:02 miguel joined #koha
08:05 miguel left #koha
08:13 Oak left #koha
08:17 Guest2249 left #koha
08:18 juan_ joined #koha
09:07 lds joined #koha
10:08 druthb joined #koha
10:08 kf morning druthb :)
10:09 druthb o/
10:28 SitHa joined #koha
10:28 SitHa Hello, everybody
10:29 SitHa I am wondering how to interface Koha and Drupal. I googled a bit but didn't find anything precise. Could someone please help ?
10:32 druthb left #koha
10:35 SitHa Just a link would be great.
10:40 Guillaume left #koha
10:42 druthb joined #koha
10:55 juan_ left #koha
10:59 kf SitHa: do you mean Sopac?
11:04 juan_ joined #koha
11:15 lds left #koha
11:16 jwagner joined #koha
11:19 lds joined #koha
11:29 SitHa kf: not sure. Is that the only way ?
11:33 jenkins_koha Starting build 15 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
11:37 druthb left #koha
11:37 slef hi all
11:39 SitHa hi slef
11:43 collum left #koha
11:44 kf SitHa: not sure too - but I think sopac is a drubal thing - so thought about it when you mentioned it
11:44 kf hi slef
11:44 kf I think I killed my koha dev installation at work
11:44 kf someone an idea about: Can't locate LWP/ in @INC (@INC contains: /home/koha/kohaclone /etc/perl /usr/local?
11:47 kf will poke around a bit more
11:50 Guillaume joined #koha
11:58 JesseM joined #koha
11:58 kf missing package - works now :)
11:58 kf hi Guillaume and JesseM :)
11:59 JesseM Hi kf!
12:06 SitHa okkf, thanks
12:07 oleonard joined #koha
12:13 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #15: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/15/
12:13 jenkins_koha robin: Bug 6361 - make the packages work with koha 3.4
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6361 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Packages need support for the 3.4 upgrade
12:14 SitHa left #koha
12:26 NateC joined #koha
12:40 samerrill left #koha
12:43 talljoy joined #koha
12:44 Callender joined #koha
12:44 lds left #koha
12:56 Oak joined #koha
12:56 * Oak waves
13:03 sophie_m left #koha
13:03 sophie_m joined #koha
13:36 sekjal joined #koha
13:48 Oak left #koha
14:13 juan_ left #koha
14:22 juan_ joined #koha
14:46 Guillaume left #koha
15:03 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:05 reiveune bye
15:05 reiveune left #koha
15:10 library_systems_guy1 joined #koha
15:10 library_systems_guy1 morning Koha
15:10 sekjal morning, library_systems_guy1
15:13 library_systems_guy1 grr that one...i must still be signed in at home
15:15 library_systems_guy1 sekjal have you been working on hourly loans at all?
15:15 library_systems_guy1 i tried to check out colins branch last night without much success
15:15 rhcl its AM libsysguy and sekjal
15:16 library_systems_guy1 rhcl: that is totally what I should change my name to
15:16 library_systems_guy1 brb...
15:16 library_systems_guy1 left #koha
15:18 libsysguy joined #koha
15:18 julian left #koha
15:18 * libsysguy feels like a new man
15:18 sekjal libsysguy:  ByWater is working with Catalyst on Hourly Loans, but I haven't gotten down to testing the code just yet
15:19 libsysguy do you have a branch that we could pull to "assist" with testing?
15:20 libsysguy our circulation librarian is going to spontaneously combust if she has to do reserves by hand
15:27 sekjal libsysguy:  have you looked here:[…]fs/heads/bug_5549
15:29 sekjal the "depends on" bugs linked off of bug 5549 contain the incremental patches required to build a branch on your local machine
15:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P5, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Hourly Loans
15:30 libsysguy ahh i gotcha
15:41 kf sekjal: have you looked at colin's branch? I wonder how hard it will be to get both together
15:41 sekjal kf:  haven't checked it yet, no
15:41 kf k
15:45 talljoy left #koha
15:45 kf I was looking at bug 2453
15:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2453 critical, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , (very) large biblio/item handling
15:45 kf can this be closed?
15:48 sekjal I think so... if you use -x on the script, it should work fine
15:49 gmcharlt yes
15:49 kf gmcharlt: cool :)
15:50 kf one bug less - good time to start the weekend :)
15:50 gmcharlt there is one more potential improvement that could be made, namely tweaking how the marcxml blobs are handled by C4::Search so that we grab the current item information from mysql rather than zebra when rendering search results
15:50 gmcharlt but that can certainly be the topic of a separate bug
15:51 kf I will add tehe chat to the bug and close it
15:53 slef is it documented that -x is needed for large handling?  Should -x be the default cronjob?
15:56 sophie_m left #koha
16:01 kf bye all :)
16:01 kf left #koha
16:08 rhcl ping wizzyrea
16:16 sekjal hey, all, soliciting opinions about bug 6483
16:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6483 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, salva, ASSIGNED , Paging in opac-detail when coming from a search
16:16 sekjal I think it should be an opt-in, syspref controlled feature.  there are other opinions noted on the ticket
16:17 sekjal wanted to see if anyone hear cared to comment, too
16:17 sekjal s/hear/here/
16:18 oleonard sekjal: I think if you can picture your customers howling about this being added without their consent then it needs a pref
16:19 oleonard On the other hand, it's the kind of thing that could easily be hidden by CSS pending the addition of a pref
16:20 sekjal I think the primary debate now is not so much whether is should be syspref controlled, as whether the initial patch should include that before being committed
16:21 rhcl Senior Staff here agree its a good feature (pagination), but have no input on implementation. We would even say it should be opt-out.
16:22 oleonard I defer to the judgement of those with customers on this one. I wouldn't object to it being added without a syspref initially.
16:24 jcamins_away I think that it would be reasonable to use CSS for hiding it, in the rare situations where it needs to be hidden.
16:25 sekjal okay, so if the bug report can be updated with the CSS string needed to hide this feature, should anyone desire, then I think it can be pushed through QA
16:25 sekjal and a separate bug report filed for the syspref
16:26 sekjal which will be "opt-out", since the initial default behavior was to show
16:27 sekjal would hate to get people dependent on it, then have it disappear when they upgraded
16:27 * oleonard thinks of all those library patrons with the shakes
16:28 jcamins_away sekjal: has anyone said they *didn't* want the feature? I'm having trouble imagining where one might want to disable it.
16:29 sekjal jcamins_away:  I've only heard it asked for, but I can imagine there being SOMEONE out there who would prefer to leave it out.
16:30 sekjal oooh, and another enhancement idea:  keyboard shortcuts to the "next" and "prev" links
16:30 oleonard .nav_results { display: none; }
16:30 sekjal awesome
16:32 juan_ left #koha
16:35 jcamins_away I'm glad I have my air conditioning set to 78.
16:36 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
16:36 jcamins If I had it set to something else, perhaps it would turn on and cool the room from 84.
16:37 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
16:39 magnuse kia ora #koha
16:41 juan_ joined #koha
16:56 rhcl hi magnuse
17:01 rhcl humm, another symphony goes koha
17:01 libsysguy oo oo  who?
17:02 rhcl Plum Creek Library - just popped up on the Koha list
17:02 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
17:06 libsysguy rhcl: where is that list?
17:06 libsysguy im just curious
17:08 rhcl
17:08 libsysguy doh
17:09 libsysguy i thought it was like a list on
17:09 libsysguy silly me
17:13 Guillaume joined #koha
17:19 magnuse libsysguy: closest you get is this:[…]a_Users_Worldwide
17:20 magnuse and hi rhcl :-)
17:37 hdl left #koha
17:45 Ropuch left #koha
17:48 rhcl left #koha
17:50 cait joined #koha
17:52 cait hi #koha
17:52 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6590] Removing hyphens from isbn and issn when cataloging a biblio <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6590>
17:52 magnuse guten abend cait
17:53 cait hi magnuse :)
18:12 druthb joined #koha
18:12 magnuse o/
18:13 druthb o/
18:14 oleonard-away |-o-|
18:14 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
18:14 magnuse ooh, tie-fighter?
18:15 sekjal <-o->
18:15 druthb \o/
18:16 * druthb runs away from Darth Sekjal
18:17 * cait tries to remember the model name
18:19 magnuse sekjal: if you ever have the time, could you have a look at bug 6537 to see if my methodology is "not unsound"? i don't want to spend time doing the missing (routine) bits if you can say just by looking at it that it will not pass qa...
18:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, P5, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
18:20 sekjal cait: TIE Advanced x1
18:21 * cait nods
18:22 cait left #koha
18:22 cait joined #koha
18:25 sekjal magnuse:  reading RFC now
18:25 magnuse sekjal: yay!
18:26 sekjal so, it looks like the plan is to make a single, master sysprefs file, and then language-specific SQL files that change any text to match the language, or default values to match common practices for the region most likely to install that language
18:26 sekjal this would greatly simplify the process of adding a new system preference.
18:27 sekjal and since the preferences editor's text is now based off the .pref files instead of the descriptions in the DB (except for Local Use sysprefs), that would be translated automatically when running the .po files
18:27 magnuse yeah, that sounds like a good description
18:27 * cait thinks magnuse is a genius
18:28 * druthb agrees.
18:29 sekjal and within the different language directories, we could subdivide further to have  different "change" files for public libraries, academic libraries, consortia, etc.
18:29 magnuse yup
18:29 * magnuse blushes
18:30 sekjal very cool.  the end result would simplify life for developers, and make it clearer for those installing the software what they're getting as default preference values
18:32 cait and enable us to have different easy to maintain sets for library types :)
18:32 cait I love the idea :)
18:33 sekjal yeah, I'm all for
18:33 magnuse cool!
18:33 sekjal we can't quite remove the explanation or options columns yet until we completely remove the old syspref editor
18:34 sekjal that's still lingering until we can think of a way to add in Local Use sysprefs
18:34 sekjal but I've got an idea for that
18:34 Guillaume left #koha
18:34 magnuse what i'm most worried about is this bit:[…]hment.cgi?id=4525 - making the web installer pick up the default syspref.sql - it works but i'm unsure if there is some better way to accomplish it...
18:35 magnuse ok, i wont change the database structure (yay, less work for me!)
18:35 rhcl joined #koha
18:37 magnuse thanks for having a look sekjal, i'll slog through the tedious bits now before i submit a full patch, hopefully in the next couple days
18:38 sekjal magnuse:  what you're doing in attachment 4525 is how it's done for loading kohastructure.sql, so I think that's the right way (would be consistent, if anything)
18:38 huginn Attachment[…]=4525&action=edit patch, Proof-of-concept patch 2/3, 0002-Bug-6537-Make-the-web-insta​ller-use-installer-data-m.patch
18:39 magnuse sekjal: cool, thanks
18:39 sekjal np :)
18:39 magnuse hey, i didn't know you could get huginn to that...
18:41 cait sekjal++ magnuse++
18:41 magnuse sekjal++
18:42 sekjal magnuse++ (you're the one doing the work)
18:44 magnuse yay
18:52 magnuse sekjal: you took the time to do an "early assessment" ;-)
18:55 sekjal :)
18:56 * oleonard shouts Attachment 3 !
18:56 huginn Attachment 3 was not found or is not accessible.
18:56 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
18:56 * oleonard shouts Attachment 3236 !
18:56 huginn Attachment[…]=3236&action=edit patch, Proposed patch, 0001-Fixing-problems-with-quotes​-when-constructing-z3950-.patch
18:57 * magnuse whispers attachment 4540
18:57 huginn Attachment[…]=4540&action=edit patch, Patch (functionality), patch.txt
18:58 magnuse see, you don't have to shout ;-)
18:58 sekjal switching mental gears:  what would folks say about indexing every single MARC field and subfield into their own searchable indexes, in addition to what we've already got?
18:58 sekjal so if you specifically want 690$f, you can search for it
18:59 * magnuse thinks that sounds intriguing...
18:59 magnuse 2.2.9 had that
18:59 sekjal we've got several partners who want to index some of the "local use" fields in MARC, and there isn't any good way to do that right now with mucking in zebra config files
19:00 sekjal but if we could provide a "back door" to access any given MARC field, that would go a long way towards helping with those kinds of local needs
19:00 cait hm, think it would need a lot of disk space probably
19:00 sekjal hmmm, yes
19:00 cait the indexes get vey big right not
19:00 cait now
19:00 cait not that I don't like the idea :)
19:00 cait I do like it
19:00 sekjal and if someone wanted 590$a and 591$a into the same index, that wouldn't work
19:01 cait I think dom indexing was talked abou too?
19:01 cait and rewriting
19:01 sekjal cait:  yes, we're moving forward getting DOM indexing for biblios
19:01 cait ... lots of unused potential
19:01 cait oh cool :)
19:01 magnuse yeah, the overhead of it would be one thing to worry about...
19:01 sekjal still have some details to nail down, but we've got committed funding
19:02 cait whoohoo
19:02 magnuse yay
19:02 cait sekjal: I was once told that authority integration into search would be doable with dom indexing (long long ago so I might not remember correctly)
19:02 cait is that part of the plans?
19:02 sekjal cait:  integration how?
19:03 cait what people are used to here is that you search for one writing form of tschaikowsky and all turn up
19:03 sekjal one thing we're looking to do is be able to match biblio fields to authorities based on the text in the biblio field itself, not a control number in $9
19:03 cait using the see also and see forms from the uathorities
19:03 cait to expand search I think - or perhaps look it up in authorities and use the id for searching
19:03 cait hm, I think the text is not good
19:04 sekjal I think what you're talking about will indeed be possible.  I'll see if it can be worked into the spec
19:04 sekjal I'd REALLY like to see that, as would some of our partners
19:04 cait standard would be $0 instead of $9
19:05 cait but I know our situation is special
19:05 cait we get all authorities from the union catalog and natonal databases
19:05 cait all nice linked together using id numbers
19:06 cait but that's a discussion I had with jcamins before :)
19:07 sekjal the order of the subfields in, say, MARC21's 650, should be enough to uniquely determine which authority to connect it to, right?
19:07 cait hm not always
19:07 cait take müller or smith
19:08 cait I mean what do you do when it's the same name
19:08 cait or is informaton like profession and dates also stored in the heading?
19:09 jcamins cait: if only we all used subject headings like the DNB's!
19:09 cait um
19:10 jcamins Not the Dictionary of National Biography.
19:10 cait not sure I know enough abou it
19:10 jcamins I had it right. Deutsche Nationale Bibliothek. :)
19:10 jcamins However it's spelled.
19:11 jcamins Sorry. My German spelling is atrocious.
19:11 cait it's only the model I am used to
19:11 jcamins I know.
19:11 jcamins And I'm jealous.
19:11 rhcl so suppose somebody added a small solid state drive (32 gig or something) to a Koha server. Would it be possible to direct indexing to that from within Koha? (Suspect a hard wire coding would be bad design)
19:12 cait jcamins: so you are not making fun of me?
19:12 jcamins cait: no.
19:12 jcamins I'm saying, if only everyone had subject headings like the DNB's, we wouldn't have this problem.
19:13 jcamins (not that the German model is perfect, mind you, but at least it's designed with computers in mind)
19:13 magnuse sounds like a good start...
19:15 jcamins Ack! Meeting in fifteen minutes! I got distracted working on a response to sekjal's e-mail.
19:15 cait yes, I am sure it has flaws too. but I don't mind much how we improve the current situaton - as long as it doesn't break it for us :P
19:16 jcamins sekjal: capsule summary: includes are expensive, from my point of view. Better to do something like with the MARC21 auth DOM configuration, and add a helper script to the packages.
19:16 jcamins Bye!
19:16 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
19:17 jcamins_away sekjal: that's for DOM.
19:17 jcamins_away Includes are broken for GRS-1.
19:18 jcamins_away sekjal: at least, they were broken a year ago.
19:21 cait includes?
19:21 wahanui includes are broken for GRS-1.
19:21 * druthb pokes wahanui in the ribs.
19:22 magnuse heh
19:26 juan_ left #koha
19:26 cait includes = the thing I want for authorities?
19:29 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5436] Extended patron attributes display improvements <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5436>
19:35 jcamins_away cait, no, sorry, that's in response to sekhal's email.
19:35 juan_ joined #koha
19:35 libsysguy sekjal you around?
19:36 sekjal libsysguy:  one moment, in a meeting
19:36 libsysguy you got it
19:37 cait going by libsysguy permanently now? :)
19:37 libsysguy yeah but only so nengard will talk to me
19:37 libsysguy lol
19:39 slef wizzyrea: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2171771 bytes) in /home/koha-community/public_h​tml/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1038"
19:39 slef happens fairly consistently :(
19:40 slef @seen wizzyrea
19:40 huginn slef: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 21 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> farewell for now friends
19:41 slef @later tell wizzyrea "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2171771 bytes) in /home/koha-community/public_h​tml/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1038" - happens fairly consistently :(
19:41 huginn slef: The operation succeeded.
19:41 slef thanks huginn
19:45 Ropuch joined #koha
19:50 jwagner left #koha
20:06 oleonard left #koha
20:08 druthb left #koha
20:13 rhcl ping gmcharlt
20:20 hankbank joined #koha
20:45 Guillaume joined #koha
20:48 hankbank left #koha
21:00 Guillaume left #koha
21:02 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
21:16 jcamins sekjal: what I was trying to get at earlier is that apply-templates is better than call-template, and the fewer templates there are that match a given element, the fewer traversals are necessary.
21:18 NateC left #koha
21:21 cait good night all
21:21 cait left #koha
21:21 sekjal left #koha
21:22 JesseM left #koha
21:29 NateC joined #koha
21:32 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:36 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
21:42 libsysguy can somebody tell me how to apply the patches from bug 5549 here:[…]fs/heads/bug_5549
21:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P5, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Hourly Loans
21:44 libsysguy I realized that was a poorly constructed sentence so if it was confusing just let me know
21:44 jcamins libsysguy: fetch that branch, then cherry-pick the patches you want.
21:45 libsysguy ok so for a git newb, how do i fetch a branch?
21:48 magnuse[…]s/git-remote.html
21:49 libsysguy git never ceases to amaze me
21:49 magnuse something like: git remote add catalyst git://
21:49 magnuse git++
21:50 libsysguy indeed g++ magnuse++
21:50 magnuse not sure about the cherry picking, though... jcamins?
21:50 magnuse[…]-cherry-pick.html
21:51 jcamins git log catalyst/bug_5549
21:51 jcamins (identify the patches you want)
21:51 jcamins git cherry-pick ${THOSE_PATCHES}
21:51 libsysguy wow...i never would have thought cherry pick would have been an actual command
21:53 magnuse hehe
21:54 libsysguy ok guys...time to hit the gym...thanks for the tips
21:54 libsysguy jcamins++ also :D
21:55 libsysguy later #Koha
21:55 libsysguy left #koha
22:06 rhcl_away left #koha
22:15 NateC left #koha
23:32 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
23:52 juan_ left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary