IRC log for #koha, 2011-04-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 glernil joined #koha
00:23 Irma left #koha
00:27 Irma joined #koha
00:29 druthb joined #koha
00:29 druthb kia ora. :)
00:35 rangi heya
00:56 druthb :)
00:56 eythian hi
00:56 wahanui salut, eythian
01:11 glernil can someone help me on configuring nullmailer to send notifications?
01:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6156, Misaligned column in cart print view <[…]11bc8b5fe539b756f> / Bug 5859: Allow user to set encoding for import <[…]1cdef437d49568cc9> / Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_3072' into kcmaster <[…]/?p=koha.git;a=co
01:11 rangi glernil: you have a smarthost that nullmailer is relaying through?
01:12 glernil smarthost? i just want to use gmail.. is it possible?
01:12 rangi ah yes
01:13 glernil i already read much from different sources.. but i just can't figure it out..
01:13 glernil i already installed nullmailer
01:13 rangi are you in production yet?
01:13 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5251
01:13 huginn Bug 5251: enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED, Add support for using a gmail account as an SMTP server.
01:14 rangi cos thats in 3.4.0 to be released on friday (available in git now)
01:14 glernil i'm not in production.. i'm still testing the feature on a virtual machine
01:14 jenkins_koha Starting build 192 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #190 4 j 2 h ago)
01:14 glernil i'm using 3.2.7 the latest bug fix version
01:15 rangi lemme check if it is in there
01:15 rangi i think it is
01:15 glernil tnx
01:16 rangi ah nope not in 3.2.7
01:16 rangi thats a shame
01:17 rangi i havent ever actually done it with nullmailer im afraid
01:21 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6185, holds slip says 'reserve' <[…]b5cb8ddbe7149644a>
01:23 glernil is there any wrong in using nullmailer?
01:23 rangi nope should work afaik
01:23 rangi ive just never configured it
01:23 glernil ok.. but will it be included in 3.4?
01:24 rangi not using nullmailer but a way to do it
01:24 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5251
01:24 huginn Bug 5251: enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED, Add support for using a gmail account as an SMTP server.
01:24 rangi if you have a read of that
01:24 rangi but i think people have done it with nullmailer in the past
01:24 rangi basically
01:24 rangi if you can send mail from the commandline
01:24 rangi mail -s "test" your@email.address
01:25 rangi type some stuff
01:25 rangi hit ctrl-d
01:25 rangi if that works then koha will work
01:25 rangi so basically you just have to get nullmailer able to send mail, its pretty independent of koha
01:25 * rangi hopes that helps
01:26 glernil i tried to send email using mail -s "test" your@email.address but there is an error
01:26 rangi what was the error?
01:26 glernil Please install an MTA on this system if you want to use sendmail!
01:26 glernil Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 255
01:27 glernil so this means i havent configured right my nullmailer installation?
01:27 rangi so im guessing nullmailer is not running/configured
01:27 rangi yeah
01:27 glernil so i have to configure first nullmailer.. tnx
01:27 rangi yup
01:28 rangi once you can send mail from your machine, then koha will be happy too
01:28 glernil ok. got to work on it..
01:29 glernil can you give any site for my reference?
01:30 rangi yep
01:31 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 4389 - [tt] Trigger quick slip print on empty checkout submit <[…]b67b2585b25d1a5c9>
01:31 rangi[…]g-the-command-lin
01:31 rangi looks like it might work
01:31 rangi bearing in mind i have never tried this
01:32 glernil i tried the instructions in that link but i got an error on the second line
01:33 glernil thanks for the help.. gtg. bye
01:33 hello joined #koha
01:33 rangi hello hello :)
01:34 rangi if you want to choose a different nickname hello you can type
01:34 eythian glernil: the commands there need to be split up across multiple lines
01:34 hello Motwlibrary
01:34 eythian they aren't like that in the blog
01:34 rangi /nick somethingelse (without the leading space)
01:35 hello left #koha
01:36 rangi or you could close the window instead :
01:36 rangi )
01:37 ibeardslee heh
01:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6189 - renewal warning should say 'renew' not checkout <[…]263da03725360cf34> / Remove redundant variable <[…]52fbae5625a4b9d5d> / Bug 6195 : Opac user should not have serial manage tab <[…]a.git;a=commitdif
01:42 mib_renae joined #koha
01:43 rangi trying mibbit instead eh?
01:43 mib_renae ok im a begiiner have no idea what im doing
01:44 mib_renae im trying to find Chris
01:44 rangi thats ok, mostly you just type
01:44 rangi you found him
01:44 mib_renae oh great im from MOTWLibrary we have been tweeting
01:45 rangi yup
01:45 mib_renae is that u
01:45 rangi yes
01:46 mib_renae can u help me get Koha running on my linux/ubuntu stand alone
01:46 rangi sure can, what version of ubuntu?
01:46 mib_renae maverick
01:47 rangi cool
01:47 rangi are you familair with linux?
01:47 mib_renae would it be better if i was on it now as im not at the moment
01:47 mib_renae no only put linux on for Koha and I have it duel with windows
01:48 mib_renae im have a little bit of understanding as i have tried to install koha already
01:49 rangi[…]tep:_Install_Koha
01:50 rangi i would follow that, but for this line
01:50 rangi deb squeeze-dev main
01:50 rangi i would make
01:50 rangi deb squeeze main
01:51 rangi but if you follw the rest of the instructions you should have a working koha up, using the packages (which makes upgrading very easy)
01:51 rangi thats the way i would do it at least
01:52 mib_renae does it matter if i have already install stuff or should i start from clean install
01:52 rangi how did you install stuff the last time?
01:52 mib_renae of linux i mean
01:52 mib_renae command line in ubuntu
01:52 rangi nope, you dont need a clean linux
01:53 rangi but you dont have a half installed koha already?
01:53 rangi if so, probably easiest to start clean
01:53 rangi but if you have just installed some other software, thats fine
01:53 mib_renae what would be a half install
01:53 mib_renae i downloaded it and unzipped it
01:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #192: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/192/
01:54 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 3072: Add Heading-Main and Any to MARC21 DOM
01:54 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 5859: Allow user to set encoding for import
01:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
01:54 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 6156, Misaligned column in cart print view
01:54 rangi well you have 2 options we can keep going with that route, if you can remember where you got up to, or you could start fresh with the packages
01:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5859 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, Can't set character encoding with stage MARC records
01:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6156 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Misaligned column in cart print view
01:54 jenkins_koha Starting build 193 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #190 4 j 2 h ago)
01:55 mib_renae what is all that
01:56 rangi thats just one of the bots (a program) running tests on koha
01:56 rangi it does it every time a change is made
01:57 snail mib_renae: think of it as a quality control over the code
01:59 mib_renae ok so i am a little lost where im upto as i hve back tracked trying to get it to run i get to the mysql to cd to koha and it wont find it
01:59 mib_renae says theres no file when it is clearly ther
01:59 mib_renae anyway i will try what u gave me and start again if that is not working i will reinstall linux and start fresh
02:00 rangi cool, using the packages will make your life a lot easier when upgrade time comes
02:02 mib_renae ok so u r saying all i have to do is use the packages and it will do most of it for me
02:02 mib_renae using the terminal
02:02 rangi yes
02:03 mib_renae i just had a look at the link i jus type in the instructions and change the line and thats it
02:03 rangi yeah you just have to follow the instructions
02:04 mib_renae ok so if there is any problems can i talk to u again
02:04 rangi yep
02:05 mib_renae great alright then im determined to get Koha happening for the library thank so much for your help
02:05 mib_renae cheers
02:05 rangi no problem good luck
02:06 eythian rangi: fyi there still seem to be references to html::template::pro in koha
02:07 mib_renae not sure what u r saying is this important
02:07 eythian not to you it isn't :)
02:08 mib_renae ok bye then
02:08 rangi eythian: yeah there will be the odd custom script that wasnt using C4/Output
02:08 eythian yeah
02:08 mib_renae left #koha
02:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #193: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/193/
02:34 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 6185, holds slip says 'reserve'
02:34 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 4389 - [tt] Trigger quick slip print on empty checkout submit
02:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6185 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, holds slip says 'reserve'
02:34 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 6195 : Opac user should not have serial manage tab
02:34 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Remove redundant variable
02:34 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 6189 - renewal warning should say 'renew' not checkout
02:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4389 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED, Trigger quick slip print on empty checkout submit
02:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6195 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED, manage tab in opac on serials
02:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6189 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, renewal warning should say 'renew' not checkout
02:46 pianohacker joined #koha
02:47 pianohacker left #koha
02:56 mib_renae joined #koha
02:56 mib_renae Hello chris
02:57 mib_renae having some trouble
02:58 HBankhead left #koha
02:59 mib_renae r u there
02:59 eythian Hey everyone, 3.2.7 packages uploaded (and a new 3.3 from master)
03:00 eythian mib_renae: you should describe your trouble, otherwise no one can help.
03:02 glernil1 joined #koha
03:03 mib_renae ok chris gave me install instructions for Koha in terminal on ubuntu it says kohabox$ not a command
03:03 rangi thats an example prompt
03:04 eythian everything after the '$' is the command you type. That way it looks sorta like the prompt in your own terminal.
03:04 rangi what he said :)
03:04 mib_renae oh ok now i feel simple
03:05 eythian :)
03:05 mib_renae where it says add this line do u put that in on the same command line or next line
03:05 druthb rangi++  #freekin' BRILLIANT!
03:06 space_librarian I guess the crosswalking will work then? :)
03:06 rangi mib_renae: that bit above it the sudo vi bit
03:06 rangi that should have opened vi (a text editor)
03:06 rangi you might be better off typing
03:07 rangi sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
03:07 rangi and then at the bottom of the file it opens add
03:07 rangi deb squeeze main
03:07 mib_renae ok will do that
03:07 * rangi has to do go prepare for a demo tomorrow but i will be back later
03:09 druthb space_librarian: buy him a beer for me, plz?
03:10 space_librarian druthb: I can do that, no probs
03:10 druthb thanks oodles.
03:11 space_librarian :)
03:18 AmitG joined #koha
03:18 AmitG heya all
03:18 AmitG heya chris
03:20 druthb left #koha
03:21 mib_renae h chris got a problem again
03:21 mib_renae when i get to bottom of the file where do i add this line
03:24 mib_renae there is no add at the bottom
03:29 Irma left #koha
03:35 mib_renae left #koha
03:35 mib_renae joined #koha
03:36 mib_renae left #koha
03:43 Irma joined #koha
03:59 glernil1 left #koha
04:20 mib_renae joined #koha
04:21 mib_renae hello
04:21 wahanui privet, mib_renae
04:22 mib_renae need help with koha install
04:22 rangi where did you get to?
04:22 rangi have you added that line to the bottom of the file?
04:23 mib_renae using ubuntu mav after sources list command line get there is no add line to add deb http  koha community line
04:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_5917' into kcmaster <[…]d552f6e06affaea97> / 5917 : Working on the translation script, fixing the line breakages <[…]e891b9c5fdfa3bab8>
04:24 mib_renae get a e325 before going into it
04:25 rangi what command did you run?
04:25 mib_renae trying to add the line but it wont let me or Im doing it wrong
04:25 rangi yes, what exactly did you run to edit the file?
04:26 mib_renae sudo vi  etc/apt/sources.list
04:26 rangi right well what i said was
04:27 rangi 15:08 < rangi> you might be better off typing
04:27 rangi 15:08 < rangi> sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
04:27 mtj or use nano or pico, to edit files?
04:27 rangi because i dont think you have ever used vi before right?
04:27 mib_renae no
04:27 rangi mtj: they wont be installed, gedit will
04:27 mtj n00bs find those editors a bit easyier
04:28 mib_renae gedit is that like vi
04:28 Irma left #koha
04:28 rangi no
04:29 rangi its more like notepad on windows
04:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 194 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #190 4 j 5 h ago)
04:29 mib_renae oh
04:29 mib_renae im really green on this stuff
04:30 mib_renae can u give me the exact command to do
04:30 rangi sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
04:30 mib_renae i tried that but i get a whole row of arrow things
04:30 mib_renae i will try again can u wait
04:32 mib_renae ok got it up now so i just go to the end and start typing in the commands
04:32 rangi cut and paste would be better
04:32 rangi and there is only one line you have to type there
04:32 rangi deb squeeze main
04:33 mtj mib_renae:  you simply need to practice 'editing a file' before you are going to  succeed...
04:33 mib_renae ok ive done that now i just save and exit
04:33 mtj mib_renae: have a google-about for 'editing a file on ubuntu'
04:34 mib_renae ok
04:34 mtj yep, thats right
04:35 mtj make sure you dont have any typos, computers are bitchy about typos
04:35 mib_renae ok now i just do the next lot of commands
04:35 rangi yes 3 commands
04:35 rangi then another file to edit
04:35 mib_renae the first command has a long bar i dont recognise what is it
04:35 mib_renae after asc
04:36 rangi thats why i said cut and paste
04:36 rangi but if you need to type it
04:36 rangi its on the \ key
04:36 mib_renae oh double line
04:36 rangi shift+\ on most keyboards
04:36 mib_renae got it
04:36 eythian mib_renae: don't type it
04:36 eythian mib_renae: copy and paste it
04:36 eythian you _will_ make a mistake and it will get confusing if you type it.
04:36 mib_renae from the wiki file
04:37 eythian yeah
04:38 mib_renae ok will do probably be back im sure thank u once again
04:49 mib_renae hello again
04:50 mib_renae im upto confirguring nullmailer
04:50 mib_renae what do i do
04:50 kmkale joined #koha
04:52 eythian I wouldn't. I'd leave that until later when other things are working.
04:52 mib_renae -i have just selected ok
04:52 rangi nullmailer?
04:52 kmkale Namaskar #koha
04:53 mib_renae it t was a blue screen for configuring
04:53 eythian talofa kmkale
04:53 eythian oh righ
04:53 eythian well then it's probably working, assuming you filled it out
04:53 kmkale hi eythian
04:53 kmkale hi rangi
04:55 space_librarian hey kmkale
04:55 kmkale hi space_librarian
04:55 kmkale :)
04:55 space_librarian :)
04:55 mib_renae i didn't put anything in just selected ok
04:56 eythian well, when you selected OK, what was it telling you?
04:57 mib_renae nothing just went to the next screen I did the same thing it left the configure box and kept doing the setting up stuff
04:58 eythian yeah, but it only pops up those boxes when it's giving you information or telling you that you need to do something. What did it say?
04:59 * space_librarian waves good evening.
04:59 mib_renae it was about mail
04:59 mib_renae i can't remember it all sorry
05:00 mib_renae iam
05:01 mib_renae iam in the sudo vi /etc/koh/koha-sites.conf do i just type cut and past the next lot of commands
05:02 eythian well, they're not commands. They're things to put into the text file. But yes. Although, I'd suggest using 'gedit' instead of 'vi' as was recommended earlier.
05:02 mib_renae well how do i get out of the vi
05:02 mib_renae to gedit
05:02 eythian press ESC, then :q!
05:03 eythian then enter
05:03 mib_renae ok so same line but use gedit right
05:03 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Updating package lists <[…]70d8c1c0b5cc84d64>
05:03 eythian yes
05:04 cait joined #koha
05:05 cait hi #koha
05:05 mib_renae ok so im in this box so i just cut and past the lines
05:05 eythian hi cait
05:05 eythian yep
05:05 cait hi eythian :)
05:06 mib_renae then save and exit
05:06 eythian yeah
05:09 mib_renae ok done the last 3 lines am is it all complete now
05:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #194: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/194/
05:09 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: 5917 : Working on the translation script, fixing the line breakages
05:09 jenkins_koha Starting build 195 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #190 4 j 6 h ago)
05:10 eythian should be
05:11 mib_renae ok thank you so much i just leave the terminal now is that ok
05:11 eythian yep
05:11 cait !jenkins botsnack cookie
05:11 jenkins_koha cait: great! yum yum. I really like that cookie
05:11 mib_renae great :D im very happy
05:12 mib_renae thank you all
05:12 eythian Although, if you're planning on running a production server, I'd _really_ recommend either getting someone to teach you sysadmin skills (not a small field) or just getting someone to maintain it for you.
05:12 mib_renae left #koha
05:15 kmkale left #koha
05:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5917 : We need to catch the comments for the xslt to work <[…]e146781dfa50938ce>
05:25 cait rangi++
05:31 cait ... installing
05:39 cait ...updating
05:45 Guillaume joined #koha
05:49 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #195: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/195/
05:49 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Updating package lists
05:49 jenkins_koha Starting build 196 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #190 4 j 6 h ago)
05:50 braedon joined #koha
05:56 cait rangi?
05:56 wahanui well, rangi is asking for a vote on the next meeting i think
05:57 cait forget rangi
05:57 wahanui cait: I forgot rangi
05:58 cait @later tell rangi xslt seems translatable now
05:58 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
05:59 cait @later tell rangi Cart and LIsts buttons won't translate,  tabs in borrower account (my ...) are also not translated
05:59 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
06:00 cait @later also we have a gazillion comments in the po file, that need no translation "%s<!-- We tried to issue, but failed. --> "
06:00 huginn cait: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
06:00 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
06:01 cait @later tell rangi also we have a gazillion comments in the po file, that need no translation "%s<!-- We tried to issue, but failed. --> "
06:01 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
06:01 cait hm ok
06:02 braedon ... perhaps i am just sleep deprived, but i am totally confused by that exchange...
06:03 cait I was leaving messages for rangi and the bots felt left out
06:05 braedon haha, so i figured, but some of their replies...
06:05 braedon they seem to have been upgraded since i was last here - perhaps too much? :P
06:06 cait not sure, we like them
06:07 cait they can do a lot of useful things :
06:07 braedon until they try and turn us into batteries :)
06:07 cait :)
06:07 * braedon awaits the electric shock through his keyboard
06:08 Irma joined #koha
06:12 cait hi Irma :)
06:17 AmitG heya cait
06:25 Guillaume left #koha
06:29 cait hi AmitG
06:29 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
06:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #196: FIXED in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/196/
06:29 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5917 : We need to catch the comments for the xslt to work
06:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5917 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Switch Koha to use Template::Toolkit
06:35 mib_renae joined #koha
06:36 francharb joined #koha
06:36 francharb hello #koha
06:37 mib_renae left #koha
06:39 alex_a bonjour #koha
06:40 cait bonjour francharb and alex_a :)
06:43 alex_a Guten Tag cait
06:43 cait :)
06:43 alex_a :)
06:43 pastebot0 "cait" at pasted "#. %1$s: Template::Toolkit Dir" (13 lines) at
06:44 cait @later tell chris the $s are always Template::Toolkit Directive now: - should show the variable names instead, so you can guess what goes in there
06:44 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
06:45 cait time to change my identity - ttyl :)
06:46 cait left #koha
06:47 glernil good day!
06:48 matts_away is now known as matts
06:49 julian joined #koha
06:50 glernil how can i configure koha to send check out and check in messages?
06:51 glernil i can send email already using the command line. i used ssmtp as my mta
06:51 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:52 magnuse kia ora #koha
06:58 julian hi #koha !
07:06 rangi cait: i can probably do that but i thought that was better than ERROR for now
07:06 rangi i was more concentrating on fixing the splitting lines
07:07 rangi which i think is now working
07:10 rangi glernil: thats all in the manual
07:11 rangi lemme find you the link
07:12 Guillaume joined #koha
07:15 rangi glernil: you have to turn on the EnhancedMessaging preferences
07:22 rangi @later tell kf if i remove the comments, xslt is no longer translatable
07:22 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
07:23 rangi @later tell kf no idea about the buttons, are they js again?
07:23 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
07:23 mib_renae joined #koha
07:23 rangi @later tell kf basically we have run out of time for 3.4.0 its as good as it going to get for the release, more fixes will have to wait for 3.4.1
07:23 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
07:24 mib_renae hi having abit more trouble
07:24 mib_renae cant get the password it is denying me access in the conf.xml file
07:25 glernil rangi: i turned it on already.. yet the status of the message in the msg queue is failed
07:26 paul_p joined #koha
07:27 mib_renae can u tell me the password
07:27 wahanui the password is random.
07:28 mib_renae ok thank u
07:31 mib_renae sorry it is not working
07:31 magnuse mib_renae: wahanui is a bot, he has no idea what he's talking about...
07:31 magnuse wahanui: forget the password
07:31 wahanui magnuse: I forgot password
07:31 mib_renae how do i get the password
07:32 hdl joined #koha
07:32 magnuse mib_renae: what password?
07:32 magnuse bonjour hdl
07:32 hdl hi magnuse
07:33 rangi @later tell gmcharlt do you think 5579 is ready to merge
07:33 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
07:33 mib_renae the password to access koha on my desktop the koha-conf.xml file denies me access
07:34 rangi the password will be in the koha-conf.xml file
07:34 mib_renae yes i know but it wont let me access it
07:34 rangi what did you call your site when you did the koha-create?
07:34 mib_renae it denies me
07:34 rangi use sudo
07:35 mib_renae koha is what is said on the command line
07:35 mib_renae i just cut and pasted it
07:35 sophie_m joined #koha
07:36 rangi sudo cat /etc/koha/sites/koha/koha-conf.xml
07:36 rangi that will print out the file for you
07:36 mib_renae i dont have a printer connected will it show on the screen
07:37 rangi yes
07:37 mib_renae ok thank u i will try that
07:42 mib_renae ok which one is it
07:42 kf joined #koha
07:43 kf jo
07:43 kf hi #koha
07:44 jenkins_koha Starting build 197 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
07:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Release notes for 3.4.0 <[…]4e420a963245afe62>
07:52 magnuse hm, looks like the fix for bug 6160 was only partial, nengard reported a similar problem on bug 5671
07:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6160 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, my details not showing tabs
07:52 mib_renae left #koha
07:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5671 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED, Add a column of custom HTML to "my summary"
07:59 pastebot0 "rangi" at pasted "for kf" (8 lines) at
08:00 rangi kf: fixed one thing
08:00 rangi that looks better eh?
08:01 kf yes
08:02 kf better :)
08:02 kf in this case 2 strings would be fine - it's really hard :(
08:02 kf quite sure there is no perfect solution
08:03 kf I think in the old system we didn't get the if/else things as placeholders, but only variables
08:03 kf not sure we can make it work like that again and this will be good in all circumstances
08:04 rangi yeah
08:04 rangi i dont think we can get it to drop out the if, and foreach etc
08:05 rangi tmpl was a bit easier in that respect
08:05 rangi cos they were all TMPL_VAR or TMPL_IF etc
08:05 rangi but [% anything can go here %]
08:05 rangi i think safest is to placeholder any tag that is part of a string
08:06 rangi ill try to remove the ones that have nothing but placeholders :)
08:07 kf rangi: yes, that would be cool
08:10 rangi ohh fixed the comments
08:15 rangi ok, i think that is much better
08:16 rangi i just want to try to remove any lines that contain just placeholders
08:20 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5917 : Removing comments <[…]a4ab7914a327ed5a2>
08:23 fredericd yo
08:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #197: SUCCESS in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/197/
08:23 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Release notes for 3.4.0
08:23 jenkins_koha Starting build 198 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:24 fredericd left #koha
08:32 fredericd joined #koha
08:36 alex_a left #koha
08:36 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5671] Add a column of custom HTML to "my summary" <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5671>
08:39 magnuse rangi: is there still time for another signoff on Bug 5579? i can start testing it now
08:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
08:39 rangi yep
08:39 rangi still time :)
08:40 magnuse ok, i'll give it a try then
08:42 rangi thanks
08:45 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
08:45 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
08:49 glernil left #koha
08:51 paul_p rangi, 1st results of my testing in your mailbox
08:52 AmitG heya paul_p
08:52 paul_p Hello AmitG
08:52 paul_p :q
08:52 Oak joined #koha
08:57 rangi thanks
08:57 rangi i wonder if it does the same for en?
08:57 rangi ill check it out
09:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #198: SUCCESS in 39 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/198/
09:03 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5917 : Removing comments <!-- etc from the po file
09:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5917 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Switch Koha to use Template::Toolkit
09:05 pastebot0 "magnuse" at pasted "Unified patch for Bug 5579 does not apply" (14 lines) at
09:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
09:06 magnuse what's "fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless"?
09:07 rangi usually means the patch is busted
09:07 rangi yeah
09:07 rangi dangit
09:07 rangi paul_p: thanks for that, ive spotted the problem fixing now
09:08 rangi it does only show up installing in  another language so very handy that you tested taht
09:10 alex_a joined #koha
09:19 magnuse so what to do about the busted patch?
09:21 hdl1 joined #koha
09:22 hdl left #koha
09:26 rangi well they werent changed at all
09:27 rangi so you could grab the branch from galen, plus the the 2 extra patches
09:27 rangi and resign off
09:33 magnuse and galen's branch would be this one?[…]efs/heads/bug5579
09:35 rangi it should be on the bug
09:35 rangi lemme check
09:36 rangi ah yep that looks like it
09:36 magnuse ok, thanks
09:36 hdl1 rangi: when there are many many items, I was told that the display was too slow.
09:37 hdl1 (I was told today
09:37 hdl1 )
09:37 hdl1 is now known as hdl
09:39 Guillaume1 joined #koha
09:39 rangi with 5579?
09:39 rangi slower than it is now?
09:42 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
09:43 Guillaume left #koha
09:43 * kf kf_lunch
09:43 kf is now known as kf_lunch
09:55 Cybermon joined #koha
09:55 Cybermon hi all
09:57 Cybermon i have this log: 17:58:38-19/04 zebrasrv(1) [warn] Index 'Record-control-number' not found in attset(s)
09:58 Cybermon for koha-zebradaemon-output.log
09:58 Cybermon what is mean this log ?
10:03 Oak left #koha
10:04 magnuse Cybermon: perhaps kf_lunch can answer when she is no longer lunching...
10:05 snail left #koha
10:06 Cybermon okay
10:09 rangi paul_p: fixed in master, building new tarball for testing
10:10 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6205 : Fix for the installer, falling back to english <[…]a7917591867a783f6> / Bug 6205 : Further fix for installer <[…]f1d1d7e1d19edbc33> / Bug 6205 : Fix for not found doc-head file when installing in another language <
10:14 jenkins_koha Starting build 199 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:15 rangi new test build built
10:15 pastebot0 "magnuse" at pasted "Extra patches do not apply on Galen's branch (bug 5579)" (36 lines) at
10:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
10:15 matts is now known as matts_away
10:16 rangi hmm looks like unless gmcharlt has time to look at it, its going to miss 3.4.0
10:16 druthb joined #koha
10:17 magnuse too bad... :-(
10:17 magnuse o/
10:18 rangi ahh looks to me like those 2 patches were against the old branch
10:19 rangi not galens revised one
10:19 Cybermon hello kt_lunch
10:19 rangi and that the sign off was done on the old ones, again not on the revised one
10:19 * magnuse is confused
10:20 magnuse ...and hungry
10:23 rangi or its missing one
10:24 hdl rangi: on 1300 items,
10:24 rangi yes im asking what is slow
10:24 hdl detail display speed is not increased.
10:24 rangi right
10:25 rangi i wouldnt expect it to be
10:25 Cybermon rangi: how are you
10:25 hdl I had done some work for detail display to limit items to 30.
10:25 rangi yep thats still a useful feature, of course its not going to make 3.4.0
10:26 hdl But for some reason gmcharlt has not taken it.
10:26 rangi but i dont think that should stop us putting in 5579 if magnuse can get it to work
10:27 kf_lunch is now known as kf
10:27 hdl is now known as hdl_lunch
10:27 Cybermon hi kf
10:28 kf hdl: I believe there is a syspref
10:28 kf for how many items are displayed
10:28 kf I translated something... in the pref file
10:29 rangi what i really need now, is someone to be able to apply the patches cleanly
10:29 rangi the rest is just distraction
10:30 Cybermon kf: i have this log:  zebrasrv(1) [warn] Index 'Record-control-number' not found in attset(s) for  koha-zebraqueue-output.log, what does mean ?
10:31 kf yes...
10:31 kf 3.2.x?
10:31 Cybermon 3.2.7
10:31 kf yes...
10:31 Cybermon for ubuntu 10.10
10:31 kf it's a mistake
10:31 kf you can ignore the warns
10:31 Cybermon good
10:31 kf this feature should not be in 3.2.7
10:31 kf I think the index sneaked in incompletely with some other change
10:32 kf it's working only in 3.4
10:32 rangi magnuse: the unified patch applies for me
10:32 Cybermon good job.
10:33 magnuse rangi: it does? cool!
10:33 magnuse rangi: on master or galens branch?
10:34 rangi master
10:34 * magnuse is still a little confused...
10:34 rangi im pushing it
10:34 magnuse yay!
10:34 rangi to new/enh/bug_5579
10:34 rangi so you can test and say if it works
10:34 rangi and if it does ill merge it
10:34 magnuse ok, will do
10:34 rangi pushed up now
10:36 magnuse ...and pulled down
10:36 rangi :)
10:40 rangi kf: i think the translation script is much better now
10:40 kf cool!
10:40 kf go to bed! ;)
10:40 * rangi has a meeting tomorrow morning
10:40 rangi but if people want to do a test install (paul already has thanks paul)
10:41 kf rangi: before you go - have you seen my comment on the bug for stocknumber?
10:41 rangi any testing is appreciated (paul found one bug and ive fixed it)
10:41 rangi nope whats the bug number?
10:41 kf bub 5860
10:41 kf bug
10:42 kf chris_n found the problem - it's in 3.2.x and master now :(
10:42 kf my databases where I tested it were not old enough to run into the problem
10:43 rangi ah its just a warn
10:43 rangi but yeah cleaning it up would be good
10:43 kf hm not really
10:43 kf if your database is old enough - the unique index thing remains
10:43 kf so you still have the problem that your item will not save the stocknumber :(
10:44 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
10:44 kf I could do another one doing it for the other index name - but people would always get a red error message because one of those is failing
10:45 rangi you can test if that index exists
10:45 rangi remove it if it does
10:45 rangi and create the right one
10:45 kf chris_n told me that too... but when he started posting perl links I got lost
10:46 kf we only have examples for columns in updatedatabase, not for indexes
10:49 rangi easy peasy
10:49 kf !
10:49 AmitG heya kf ;)
10:49 kf hi AmitG :)
10:49 kf what will that do?
10:51 kf hm, I will try it
10:51 kf thx rangi
10:51 rangi that will ignore it if doesnt exist
10:53 rangi at least thats what i think, ill test
10:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #199: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/199/
10:54 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6205 : Fix for not found doc-head file when installing in another language
10:54 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6205 : Further fix for installer
10:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6205 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, not found.
10:54 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6205 : Fix for the installer, falling back to english
10:56 rangi otherwise we have to do it the longer way
10:56 conan joined #koha
10:57 rangi SHOW INDEX FROM items WHERE KEY_NAME = 'itemsstocknumberidx'
10:57 conan hi all
10:58 kf hm!
10:58 kf ok
11:00 rangi so this is what is there now
11:00 rangi
11:00 rangi so to be clear
11:00 rangi the problem is, some people have itemstocknumberidx ?
11:01 rangi im trying to understand what the problem is
11:02 kf some people have it with one and others with 2 s
11:02 kf itemsstocknumberidx and itemstocknumberidx
11:02 rangi who are the ones that have it with one s?
11:02 rangi new installs?
11:02 kf sec
11:03 druthb left #koha
11:03 rangi because all old installs will have 2 s
11:03 kf new installs have 1
11:03 rangi yeah
11:03 kf updated 2
11:03 rangi so new installs arent getting changed with your updatedatabase
11:04 kf let me check my updatedatabase before answering that
11:04 kf I had tested with a new install... so old installs should not get it
11:04 rangi i just pasted it
11:04 rangi it does it for 2 s
11:04 rangi so only changes old ones
11:04 kf $dbh->do("ALTER TABLE `items` DROP INDEX `itemsstocknumberidx`;")
11:04 rangi yes
11:04 rangi old ones
11:05 rangi brand new ones of course dont run that
11:05 rangi if if the problem was
11:05 kf uh, now i am confused
11:06 rangi well you dont run the updatedatabase if its new
11:06 kf no
11:06 rangi it just uses kohastructure.sql
11:06 kf ok
11:06 kf I think we have to say it differently: a database that got items.stocknumber by update
11:06 rangi will be fine
11:06 rangi because that update makes the one with 2 s
11:07 kf right
11:07 kf ok
11:07 kf a newer database, new installed 3.2
11:07 kf or 3.2.x will get an error message
11:08 rangi yep
11:08 rangi so what you want to do is
11:08 kf and nothing will be changed so the problem remain
11:08 kf s
11:08 rangi ill rewrite it in the gist page 2 secs
11:09 kf thx chris and sorry for keeping you awake
11:11 rangi
11:12 kf cool!
11:12 kf ok, copying and will try to send a patch a bit later today
11:12 rangi cool
11:12 brendan__ left #koha
11:12 kf what happens to the old updatedatabase? it will cause warns
11:12 brendan_ joined #koha
11:12 rangi id change it
11:13 rangi rather than making a new one
11:13 kf hm
11:13 rangi otherwise its just going to through errors
11:13 kf but say someone is running from master - it will not update for them and correct the mistake
11:13 rangi serves them right for running unreleased code
11:13 rangi it would only be someone who updated in the last week
11:14 rangi after i told people not to for production
11:14 rangi i think leaving it there and annoying everyone
11:14 rangi is worse than fixing it, and annoying only a few people
11:15 rangi unless you want to edit, and add a new one
11:15 rangi then it will do it twice for almost everyone
11:15 kf I will follow your advice
11:15 rangi but fix anyone who upgrade in the last week
11:16 kf I think the only other way to do it is like you say - doing it twice for those where it already worked
11:16 kf like having 2 blocks of that code
11:16 rangi yep
11:17 kf change the old one so that it produces no errors and add a new one at the end for everyone in between
11:17 wahanui kf: that doesn't look right
11:17 wahanui left #koha
11:17 wahanui joined #koha
11:17 rangi yep
11:17 kf wahanui: forget that
11:17 wahanui kf: I forgot that
11:17 kf ok. and you recomment only changing the old one?
11:17 rangi id be fine with that
11:17 rangi the thing with creating an index on items
11:18 rangi it can take a long long time
11:18 rangi if you have lots of items
11:18 rangi and it was only pushed to master on the 4th
11:19 rangi so there should be very few people running it, if there are, if they are brave enough to run an unstable branch in production they should be paying attention :-)
11:19 kf hm ok
11:19 kf that's about master
11:19 kf but chris_n put it in 3.2.x
11:19 rangi it shouldnt even be in 3.2.x
11:19 kf I think before he released it
11:19 rangi because its a new feature
11:19 kf hm no
11:19 kf the field was there already
11:20 kf so the bug - failing silently if you try to save a duplicate existed there too
11:20 rangi ah right
11:20 rangi well chris can decide what he wants for 3.2.
11:20 rangi x
11:20 kf for unimarc too
11:20 kf ok
11:20 kf thx rangi
11:20 kf rangi++
11:21 rangi ok have a demo first thing tomorrow time to sleep
11:21 rangi please if people have time, test the install
11:21 paul_p good night rangi
11:21 conan which install?
11:21 conan master?
11:21 wahanui master is now running from template::toolkit
11:22 rangi trying to keep it out of the logs, ill be doing a few test tarballs over the next couple of days, this a new one with a bug that paul found fixed
11:22 rangi and now im going to sleep
11:23 paul_p rangi, will test this afternoon agains & will report
11:23 rangi thanks paul_p
11:24 kf uh
11:24 kf good night rangi
11:24 kf can someone test searching a system parameter?
11:25 kf I get all results doubled up
11:28 jwagner joined #koha
11:33 magnuse kf: seems ok for me
11:33 kf hmpf
11:33 kf seems it's my installation then :(
11:36 kf hm strange - works now
11:36 kf deleted all old template directories
11:37 AmitG heya jwagner
11:38 JesseM joined #koha
11:38 jwagner Hi AmitG
11:38 magnuse huh? i'm testing bug 5579 and when i try to delete an item i get Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at ...C4/ line 2081 - and when i try it on current master i get the same error, on line 2097. anyone else seeing that?
11:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
11:41 magnuse both lines look like this: MARCFIELD: foreach my $field ( $record->fields() ) {
11:41 miguelxercode left #koha
11:41 miguelxercode joined #koha
11:43 braedon left #koha
11:54 alex_a left #koha
11:54 alex_a joined #koha
11:56 Irma left #koha
11:57 ebegin joined #koha
11:58 alex_a left #koha
11:58 matts_away is now known as matts
11:58 alex_a joined #koha
12:02 ebegin I do have a nice challenge for all ;)
12:02 JesseM Good Morning #Koha
12:02 ebegin Parsing a marc record, I have one case where I have the cost ($22.50) in the 020$c subfield
12:03 conan JesseM: hi
12:03 JesseM Hi conan
12:03 ebegin Which makes it a little complicated to parse...     020    $a978-2-915018-53-0 :$c$22.50
12:04 conan ebegin: what are you looking for? a regexp?
12:05 ebegin that would be great :) however, any hint about how to differenciate a cost from a $2 subfiled would be appreciated :)
12:07 conan ebegin: if the only thing you're insterested on that line is to extract the price, then I think this one should do it:
12:08 conan ebegin: /.*\$c(\$\d+(\.\d+)?)/
12:08 conan and your price will end up in $1
12:08 NateC joined #koha
12:09 conan ebegin: test it like: echo '020    $a978-2-915018-53-0 :$c$22.50' | perl -wn -e '/.*\$c(\$\d+(\.\d+)?)/; print $1'
12:10 ebegin conan, thanks, however, I would like to extract each subfield (ex $a $c) and their corresponding value.
12:10 conan ah!
12:10 conan that's another question then ;)
12:10 NateC Morning #koha!
12:10 kf morning NateC
12:10 conan NateC: hi :)
12:10 NateC Hiya kf and conan!
12:10 conan ebegin: you can follow the same principle I used to extract your price
12:11 conan ebegin: just wrap around parenthesis the fields you want, escape $ and put ? on optional stuff
12:11 ebegin conan, the problem I see is how to differenciate a $2 subfield from a $2 (at begining of a price)
12:11 conan ebegin: that line you put is a complete row?
12:12 conan hum...
12:12 ebegin conan I'll give you a possible example, hold on
12:12 conan you said the price is in the $c field, right? so if there is a $c field, then next it will be a price, or not?
12:12 Cybermon how can i check the crontab is working ?
12:15 AmitG left #koha
12:16 Cybermon left #koha
12:16 oleonard joined #koha
12:17 kf bug 6208
12:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6208 blocker, P1, ---, henridamien, NEW, Not possible to add funds to budgets
12:18 ebegin conan, the $c was an example, we can have a $ in any data.
12:19 conan ebegin: then you must rephrase your question:
12:20 conan │09:04:32              ebegin | Parsing a marc record, I have one case where I have the cost ($22.50) in the 020$c subfield
12:20 conan but now you're telling me that you can have prices on any subfield
12:20 conan if I'm following correctly
12:21 conan please, give the complicated example, so I can understand better and help you
12:21 conan the one that can cause confusion
12:30 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
12:34 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
12:34 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
12:35 conan jcamins: hi there
12:35 wahanui what's up, conan
12:35 conan what's wrong with the bot?
12:35 tcohen joined #koha
12:35 conan tcohen: just the person I was waiting for
12:35 tcohen hi #koha
12:36 conan tcohen: I just finish an install with branch checked out to 5166
12:36 conan tcohen: good morning
12:36 conan tcohen: what now? what should I test?
12:36 tcohen oh, that sounds great, will you test on that?
12:36 conan yes, but don't know where to start
12:37 conan so far it installed ok, there's only a merge conflict with
12:44 kf hi jcamins
12:54 jcamins kf: did you salvage your refrigerator?
12:54 jcamins Or at least the contents?
12:54 kf jcamins: it still freezes things - but my landlord was there and will probably order a new one today
12:55 kf we tried unfreezing it tonight, but it has not worked
12:57 kf and of course... this happens shortly before the easter holidays
12:58 kf someone int he mood for fixing my newest pet bug?
12:58 kf bug 6208
12:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6208 blocker, P1, ---, henridamien, NEW, Not possible to add funds to budgets
12:59 oleonard kf, that sounds like it's the same as a bug nengard was talking about yesterday
12:59 oleonard Bug 6200
13:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6200 blocker, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, can't edit funds
13:00 chris_n kf: please submit whatever patch you make for your updatedatabase issue for 3.2.x as well
13:00 * chris_n browses the buffer
13:00 kf yes, only a variation - I searched for add fund - just found it
13:01 kf nengard filed for edit funds
13:01 kf chris_n: will do
13:01 kf at least I don't have to deal with the templates :)
13:01 chris_n :-)
13:02 chris_n yup, that's going to be a show-stopper for 3.2.x in very short order, me thinks
13:02 chris_n many bugs are being fixed with only tt patches
13:03 oleonard The template-toolkit migration really puts the nail in the  coffin of all those old Harley features too, for better or worse
13:03 chris_n true
13:04 chris_n brainstorm: we need a script that compares the patches list archive with the git log of the current master to check for lost kittens
13:05 kf hm hard to do
13:05 kf for me :)
13:05 kf I wonder about the signed-off patches and the discussions happening on the list
13:16 oleonard kf: ?
13:16 kf chris_n's question
13:16 gmcharlt kf: wouldn't be too hard to deal with; it's possible to  distinguish patches and the discussion of them pretty accurate
13:17 kf gmcharlt: I think you are right
13:21 sekjal joined #koha
13:21 oleonard What's this all about? Use of uninitialized value $number in numeric comparison (<=>) at /usr/share/perl5/Number/ line 790
13:28 chris_n $number is undef
13:28 chris_n generally harmless, but could indicate problems elsewhere if $number should have been set by then
13:29 chris_n on the lighter side, it could mean that you're trying to exceed your aq budget.... :-)
13:30 gmcharlt blowing up to save your budget? ;)
13:31 hdl_lunch chris_n++
13:31 hdl_lunch is now known as hdl
13:31 hdl (wow... lunch has been over for me for a while...)
13:32 chris_n long_lunches++ // assuming the food is good
13:36 hdl chris_n: I thought that we could create patch branches on server quite automatically with a mutt process and send message when not appliable but never got to that point. That way, we could parse all the not merged branches and rebase quite regularly those branches and send emails for conflicts... But once again, need some work.
13:36 wizzyrea i love mutt.
13:36 wizzyrea < a bit of a shell script junkie
13:47 chris_n hdl: it might also be desirable to automatically prune topic branches once merged
13:47 * chris_n wonders how mutt and patches would get along together
13:48 rhcl "Mutt and Patches" sounds like the title of a children's book
13:48 hdl well chris_n: I think so too... But this might not be really the nicest thing to cope with lost kittens.
13:49 rhcl I am so confused
13:49 rhcl I need breakfast
13:49 chris_n are you thinking a branch per bug then?
13:49 rhcl brb...
13:50 * chris_n passes rhcl coffee and donuts
13:50 rhcl rhcl_brb
13:50 chris_n hdl: maybe branches could be pruned as bugs are marked closed
13:51 chris_n some bugzilla/git hook
13:54 * chris_n wanders off to consult with the oracle at #git
13:54 gmcharlt chris_n: I don't think topic branches should be pruned automatically
13:55 gmcharlt after a bug has been marked closed, some may still need to revisit it
13:55 chris_n perhaps a 'git mv' then to push it off to an archival location
13:55 gmcharlt if pruning is needed - and I'm not convinced it actually is - it could be done periodically after a few months have elapsed
13:56 gmcharlt git mv? that's for files
13:59 hdl maybe we could have pushed/branchname like we have qa/branchname
13:59 hdl But that is another story.
14:00 hdl gmcharlt: if the branch is reprocessed some times after it was merged, then it may be based on master rather than on the initial branch... Since edits can conflict on other pushed patches.
14:01 gmcharlt hdl: well, presumably somebody working on it would be aware enough to merge in master first
14:03 wizzyrea hm, no kiwis about? I know it's godawful early.
14:03 * wizzyrea saves that question for later.
14:06 chris_n gmcharlt: sorry 'git branch -m'
14:08 chris_n branches should be named in such away to generally indicate their status imho
14:08 gmcharlt that's what the bug tracker is for
14:10 rhcl wizzyrea: our Tech Services people are going to Mid-Continent on Thursday; may talk about Koha and RDA (as separate topics)
14:10 wizzyrea neat
14:11 wizzyrea rhcl are you going to kudoscon?
14:11 rhcl yea yea, just need to do my paperwork. Thats on the menu for today.
14:11 wizzyrea doo eet
14:11 wizzyrea doo eet nao
14:12 rhcl I've been putting that and the grant request for ALA off
14:15 sekjal should we be indexing patrons like we do biblios and authorities?
14:16 jcamins sekjal: with Zebra?
14:16 sekjal jcamins: yeah
14:16 sekjal create XML records of patron info, then index
14:17 jcamins I don't know, but why aren't 035 fields indexed?
14:17 sekjal probably completely impractical to consider at this time, with limited return on investment
14:21 gmcharlt sekjal: are you mostly looking for a general keyword search of all patron fields?
14:22 gmcharlt if so, a quicker way to do it might be to create a borrower_keywords table that gets populated whenever a patron record gets created or updated
14:22 sekjal gmcharlt:  hmmm, that could work
14:23 sekjal mostly, I want an exact match on cardnumber to return the record directly, in any patron search in Koha
14:23 sekjal if not an exact match on cardnumber, then check for exact matches on any unique identifier Extended Attributes
14:23 sekjal return patron page if exact match is found, otherwise, search against as subset of borrowers table fields
14:24 sekjal and make that subset syspref-controlled
14:24 tcohen left #koha
14:25 sekjal I suppose I'd like to see the borrowers table stripped down, and most of the data put into Extended Attributes (or something similar with more semantic connections)
14:28 nengard joined #koha
14:30 hdl sekjal: this problem was supposed to be (maybe confusedly and awkwardly) assigned with SQLHelper, hoping that DBIx::Class shift could help improving the whole stuff.
14:31 hdl But with DEBUG=1 you have the SQL generated and the params passed.
14:33 sekjal right now, we've got two search subroutines for borrowers:  Search() and SearchMember()
14:33 sekjal Search() seems to be the more complex, using SQLHelper and searching on Extended attributes
14:33 sekjal but SearchMember() is more widely used
14:34 tcohen joined #koha
14:34 chris_n yay! pdf labels complete with hindi type
14:34 jcamins Does anyone understand matching rules?
14:34 wizzyrea chris_n++
14:35 tcohen is now known as tcohen_pissed
14:35 sekjal jcamins: almost
14:35 tcohen_pissed left #koha
14:35 sekjal enough to know it's a brilliant idea that needs some interface enhancements to make it more user friendly
14:36 tcohen joined #koha
14:36 jcamins sekjal: okay, does it use Zebra?
14:36 sekjal jcamins: to allow matching on non-mapped MARC fields?
14:37 jcamins Right.
14:37 jcamins I think it does.
14:37 sekjal jcamins: I think that's the plan, though I can't say for sure it actually does; never read the code
14:37 jcamins It uses SimpleSearch.
14:43 wizzyrea hdl, did you tell me that biblibre had code for the patron detail multiple return?
14:43 wizzyrea that helped with transits/reserves
14:43 hdl yes.
14:43 wizzyrea which test environs of yours is that in?
14:44 hdl test environs ?
14:44 wizzyrea didn't you have test installs set up for your varying projects after kohacon?
14:45 hdl jcamins: and enough to know it is a pain to debug when you are using web interface.
14:45 hdl wizzyrea: borrowers34 iirc.
14:45 wizzyrea aha ty
14:46 * oleonard hands wizzyrea her cherry-picking boots
14:46 mib_deo1wa joined #koha
14:46 wizzyrea you hand me those, and I'll be asking you for help so get ready. :P
14:46 mib_deo1wa hi koha friends :)
14:46 wizzyrea hi
14:47 hdl jcamins: and yes it uses zebra
14:51 mib_deo1wa My name is Vitor Fernandes... I've used sometimes this IRC channel... Yesterday i've been here to ask if is possible to block one patron to reserve books that are checked out to him, and after come coding I got a solution (which is not the perfect but it's the possible one)
14:51 wizzyrea version control using git?
14:51 wahanui well, version control using git is at[…]Control_Using_Git
14:53 wizzyrea mib_deo1wa: in case you wanted to try and submit your work to the project :)
14:53 mib_deo1wa but I've no time to configure that... I'm too busy
14:54 mib_deo1wa can I send to someone to commit it?
14:55 kf mib: if you have a koha with customizations you really want to take the time to configuret hat
14:55 wizzyrea kf++ #good advice
14:55 wizzyrea it will save you hours and hours in the long run
14:55 kf yes
14:56 wizzyrea plus you'll be set up to commit your own changes
14:56 wizzyrea and get your name in the koha history if it's accepted. :)
14:57 mib_deo1wa maybe later :) first i've to close the project for the librarian i'm working...
14:58 mib_deo1wa you can peek the opac here it's not a pré-production server
14:58 mib_deo1wa
14:58 wizzyrea very pretty :)
14:59 mib_deo1wa can you guys help me with one thing?
15:00 mib_deo1wa when saving a record in the cataloging menu if i put a random value in the subfield 100$a i'm getting this error
15:01 mib_deo1wa Unsupported UNIMARC character encoding [] for XML output for UNIMARC; 100$a -> 2013 at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/File/ line 505.
15:01 mib_deo1wa i'm using UNIMARC installation, koha 3.2.6
15:01 paul_p hi mib_deo1wa
15:01 paul_p I can help you. You're in UNIMARC right ?
15:01 mib_deo1wa yes...
15:01 paul_p the encoding is in the MARC 100$a field
15:02 paul_p it's supposed to be 01, 03 or 50, or a combination of those values
15:02 paul_p like 0103 or 5050
15:02 paul_p 2013 is wrong, Koha complains : he don't know what to do
15:02 paul_p it means your record is wrong
15:03 paul_p on the right of the 100$a, you should have ...
15:03 paul_p click on it, it opens a popup that will help you fill the field
15:04 mib_deo1wa ok it has to be filled by that popup?
15:04 paul_p "it has" no. If you know how to fill it, you can. But it's *much* easier with the plugin !
15:04 chris_n ouch... bug in Delhi Public library's koha install
15:04 chris_n[…]&bib=3720&save=Go
15:04 mib_deo1wa ok thanks paul for the help
15:05 paul_p if you retrieve record from a z3950 source (like bnf), it will be filled for you
15:05 paul_p mib_deo1wa, your welcome
15:05 mib_deo1wa :)
15:06 mib_deo1wa now back to work.... many things to close
15:06 mib_deo1wa thank you people for all the help
15:07 oleonard chris_n: Bug 6040?
15:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6040 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, NEW, can throw an untrapped error when trying to export an invalid record
15:07 mib_deo1wa left #koha
15:08 chris_n oleonard: the record exports ok as unicode/utf8, just not as non-Unicode/MARC-8
15:08 chris_n not sure if that qualifies under that bug or not
15:08 oleonard chris_n: I randomly changed the bib number to something else and didn't get the error so I thought it might be something to do with that record.
15:10 chris_n k, tnx
15:11 oleonard nengard: Re: Bug 5685, did you try the first attached patch? The obsoleted one? The follow-up patch looks like it needs the first to work.
15:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5685 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Validation of email address field
15:12 nengard oleonard, I tried the non-obsolete patch
15:12 nengard the only one that was visible by default
15:13 nengard so you're saying the 'obsolete' one isn't obsolete?
15:13 oleonard Try each of them in succession. Looks like obsoleting the first one was a mistake.
15:16 nengard oleonard - they apply - but they don't stop me from entering something other than an email address
15:17 oleonard Thanks for trying it. I haven't tried it myself but it caught my eye so I was checking out the bug repot
15:18 nengard oleonard did you get my email about the recent comments/
15:18 nengard ?
15:19 oleonard Let me check
15:20 oleonard Yeah... So here's the status
15:20 oleonard The patch was pushed, the feature is there
15:20 oleonard But it's not linked to from anywhere
15:20 nengard hmm
15:20 oleonard /cgi-bin/koha/
15:21 oleonard I wasn't sure if it should go in the list of links along with Advanced Search, Tag Cloud, etc. or what
15:21 nengard that makes sense
15:21 oleonard Makes sense to put it there?
15:21 nengard yes
15:22 nengard but if that won't make it into 3.4 I can at least put that info in the manual - of where to find the page
15:22 nengard also, how many recent comments does it show?
15:24 oleonard It will handle multiple pages, let me check what the per-page number is
15:24 Johnindy joined #koha
15:24 oleonard It should obey OPACnumSearchResults
15:25 tcohen anyone has a quick link to blockers for 3.4.0?
15:25 nengard will it obey the new preference to control showing patron names on comments?
15:26 oleonard I don't know
15:26 nengard[…]rsion=unspecified
15:26 matts is now known as matts_away
15:26 kf tcohen: linking to bugzilla is a bit tricky
15:26 kf oh
15:26 nengard :)
15:26 kf yes, I treid a saved search earlier and that didn#t work :)
15:26 kf sorry
15:26 kf was confused
15:27 tcohen thanks nengard,kf
15:27 oleonard nengard: It doesn't look like was changed to obey the new pref
15:27 oleonard I'll submit a patch
15:28 nengard k
15:28 kf nengard: if you tried saving it?
15:28 kf nengard: i sat next to mark when he programmed the email validation
15:28 nengard saving what?
15:28 nengard oh
15:28 kf the patron record with a wrong email address
15:28 nengard yes, i tried to save teh patron and it let me do so
15:28 nengard on FF4 on Mac
15:28 kf ah
15:28 nengard and the email address was something like "odjflksjdfsk"
15:28 nengard :)
15:29 kf it should show up a message similar to those in the sys pred editor
15:29 kf at least i saw it worked - thought it was really cool!
15:31 conan left #koha
15:31 oleonard kf: The patch nengard is testing just has an alert()
15:31 oleonard I wonder what you saw?
15:31 kf hm
15:31 kf he was using a mac
15:32 kf perhaps it just looked different form my alersts
15:32 oleonard I think that was it
15:32 kf yep
15:32 kf probably, looked a bit fancier and came from the top of the screen?
15:33 oleonard Yeah, that's a Mac-style alert
15:34 nengard oleonard - manual updated with new info on recent comments page
15:37 nengard wizzyrea I updated the patron permissions image to be more accurate :)
15:38 Guillaume1 left #koha
15:41 conan joined #koha
15:44 oleonard nengard: The email address validation is working for me
15:44 nengard k
15:44 nengard so it's FF4?
15:44 oleonard I don't know. I'll test it in FF4 to make sure.
15:44 nengard k
15:45 oleonard It doesn't recognize one valid format I know of, ""
15:45 oleonard ([…]am-and-filtering/ )
15:46 jcamins It should allow for mailbox specification.
15:46 jcamins + is completely valid.
15:47 oleonard See also:[…]ress-until-i.aspx
15:48 oleonard No way, FF4 has per-tab js alerts now? That's a nice reason to upgrade.
15:48 kf never seen someone use that  - could it be added to the regex?
15:48 oleonard nengard: Works for me in FF4, maybe it was a glitch in your testing branch
15:48 nengard good
15:48 nengard glad it works
15:50 oleonard We should probably work to standardize our js validation:[…]lugin-validation/
15:50 kf ok, time to leave
15:50 kf bye all
15:50 kf left #koha
15:55 chris_n final nws tornado count for the weekend storm:[…]10416.tornado.gif
15:56 oleonard Wow
15:58 chris_n epidemic
15:58 jcamins Wow!
15:59 chris_n I'm hiding there next to the second longest EF3 path 8-O
16:04 julian left #koha
16:13 oleonard Bug 6209
16:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6209 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW, Standardize on one javascript library for client-side form validation
16:13 jcamins oleonard++
16:14 oleonard Something to put on the pile right next to the jqueryUI project :|
16:15 jcamins That will fix the check_form_borrowers problem.
16:16 sophie_m left #koha
16:19 slef Hi all. How did that dropbox invite spam get onto the koha list?
16:20 sekjal bulk import of contacts list?
16:20 hdl left #koha
16:22 paul_p left #koha
16:23 slef sekjal: yeah, but it appeared to be from a dropbox address not the user's own
16:24 jcamins Could someone please test linking authorities on Master? When I tried linking an authority which had two subfield 'p's, the second one didn't show up at all.
16:24 jcamins Not even "O.T.|John" the way it used to.
16:28 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:33 oleonard jcamins or sekjal: Who wants to hear about the latest holds mystery in our production system?
16:34 oleonard Nobody's blinking. I'll just ramble on:
16:35 oleonard I've gotten lots of reports of holds going to the wrong place
16:35 jcamins Where are they going?
16:35 oleonard I was just investigating the latest example, and something looks suspicious
16:35 oleonard Holds being transferred to the wrong branch, I mean.
16:36 jcamins Yeah, I mean, are they all going to the same branch?
16:37 oleonard No.
16:37 oleonard I'm looking at one record (biblionumber 233722), and it has three copies which are in transit
16:37 oleonard One is going to ALB, one to GPL, one to NPL
16:37 cait joined #koha
16:37 cait hi #koha
16:38 jcamins Weird.
16:38 oleonard The three patrons for which they are being transferred are also patrons of ALB, GPL, and NPL, but the copies allocated for each are not going to their branch
16:38 oleonard So the ALB patron's copy is going to GPL, for instance
16:39 oleonard Could be coincidence, but not given the reports I've gotten of this problem
16:39 jcamins I think we've seen this issue elsewhere, too.
16:39 jcamins There was a bug...
16:39 * jcamins looks
16:40 conan left #koha
16:40 chris_n should I expect to be able to download a marc record from another koha installation and then use bulkmarcimport to slurp it up into another installation assuming a compatible branchcode?
16:43 jcamins chris_n: I would think.
16:43 * chris_n can't seem to coerce his sandbox to accept this hindi marc record
16:44 cait chris_n: I use stages marc import a lot
16:44 cait chris_n: but I send myself the records via the cart
16:44 chris_n cait: thanks, but the same error occurs there as well :P
16:45 cait ah :(
16:45 jcamins chris_n: try exporting as MARC-8?
16:46 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
16:47 chris_n these records refuse to export as MARC-8
16:47 cait oleonard: I like the idea of using jquery for validating forms!
16:47 chris_n crazy problem
16:47 cait will probably not work for all the things we have to check for, but would make things easier I guess
16:47 jcamins oleonard: I think that was fixed with bug 6004.
16:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6004 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, checking in an item that needs to be transferred home, and is on-hold for a patron, causes dual transfer message box
16:48 cait chris_n: marc 8 probably has not the hindi characters?
16:48 jcamins chris_n: export as MARCXML?
16:48 chris_n probably so; I'm guessing there may be an encoding issue here somewhere I'm not seeing
16:48 cait do you need it for labels testing?
16:48 chris_n jcamins: tried, same error
16:48 chris_n I'll post the error here
16:48 chris_n cait: yes
16:49 cait hm
16:49 cait we have hebrew, but it's all in the 880 fields
16:49 cait probably not very helpful then
16:50 chris_n cait: hebrew titles/authors would help
16:50 chris_n .DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Field 'marcxml' doesn't have a default value at /home/cnighswonger/Repositories​/koha.3.2.labels//C4/ line 3120, <GEN12> line 1.
16:50 jcamins o.O
16:50 oleonard jcamins: Really? That patch doesn't just deal with message display?
16:50 cait chris_n: the data is all in 880 fields - I can show you one though
16:50 * chris_n really did not want to get into slogging through today
16:51 chris_n cait: k
16:51 cait[…]iblionumber=30613
16:51 jcamins oleonard: I think that patch just corrects the transfer logic so books get sent to the right place.
16:52 chris_n cait: ahh.. titles are transliterated into latin chars
16:52 cait yep - original scripts are in 880
16:53 cait but some of the transliterations have some nice diacritics
16:53 cait[…]iblionumber=30695
16:53 oleonard jcamins: Strange that the symptom described in Bug 6004 has been happening with us for quite a while but this transfer location problem hasn't
16:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6004 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, checking in an item that needs to be transferred home, and is on-hold for a patron, causes dual transfer message box
16:54 jcamins oleonard: oh, hm.
16:54 jcamins Very strange indeed.
16:57 chris_n cait: tnx, I'll grab one of those for my test cases too
17:36 jcamins novels_about_knitting++
17:40 cait hm, I would have expected novels_about_cooking - but knitting?
17:41 * jcamins was looking at the record for a novel about knitting, and found it very amusing.
17:42 jcamins Bug 5805
17:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5805 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, RESOLVED FIXED, Changing Pickup library on already queued holds causes havoc on all holds below it
17:59 library_systems_guy ok so I just stepped in and the other person that is working on koha with me is doing marc imports.  So she tells me that she has staged the records fine but when she goes to import the progress never gets beyond 0
17:59 jcamins Yeah, the indicator is broken.
17:59 jcamins For really big files, at least.
17:59 library_systems_guy 5000 records?
17:59 library_systems_guy thats what she said she was doing
17:59 jcamins Yeah, that's large enough that the indicator won't work.
18:00 jcamins Just wait a bit, and the upload will complete without a problem.
18:00 library_systems_guy she said she waited several hours
18:00 library_systems_guy is that typical?
18:00 jcamins No.
18:01 jcamins I find if it doesn't work within 10 minutes, it's best to just use the command-line tools.
18:01 library_systems_guy so now when she tries to import smaller files (say 2000 or so) she gets the same thing
18:01 library_systems_guy ok
18:01 jcamins Actually, I find it's always best to use the command line tools.
18:01 library_systems_guy thats what i recommend too
18:01 library_systems_guy but she hates using the command line
18:02 jcamins She could split it up into, say, 500-record files and try those, but I think the command line is way less of a nuisance.
18:03 jcamins Are you using VirtualBox, by the way?
18:03 library_systems_guy no, Hyper-V
18:05 nengard left #koha
18:06 library_systems_guy jcamins, why did you want to know?
18:08 jcamins library_systems_guy: we had serious problems with that when we used VirtualBox.
18:10 library_systems_guy ahh ok
18:21 oleonard_ joined #koha
18:21 oleonard left #koha
18:21 oleonard_ is now known as oleonard
18:21 rangi chris_n: around?
18:22 rangi you found bug 6040 eh?
18:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6040 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, matthias.meusburger, ASSIGNED, can throw an untrapped error when trying to export an invalid record
18:23 chris_n yup
18:23 rangi cool
18:24 chris_n this occurs with every attempt to export in nonunicode regardless of any record I tried
18:24 chris_n so I guess most of their records must have issues
18:25 chris_n in any case, my koha refuses to import them :P
18:25 Ahmuck joined #koha
18:27 rangi marclint
18:27 rangi will tell you whats wrong with them
18:30 Ahmuck-Sr left #koha
18:31 * chris_n has been doing things like this today:
18:31 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5579] Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5579>
18:32 jwagner left #koha
18:33 rangi magnus_away: working on 6207 now
18:34 cait bug 6207
18:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6207 major, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Can't delete item
18:34 cait hi rangi
18:34 cait working on opac translation :)
18:41 library_systems_guy ok so I have a brain teaser.  When i run the dev install, I get an unblessed reference.  However when i run the standard install it works fine...
18:42 library_systems_guy looks like file permissions to me
18:42 library_systems_guy but everything seems to check out
18:43 rangi cait: i cant remember did i push some more fixes?
18:43 cait hm you told me in the morning it should work much better now
18:43 cait and you fixed the comments
18:43 rangi yes, but did i actually push any fixes
18:44 rangi ?
18:44 * rangi has lost track
18:44 jenkins_koha Starting build 200 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:44 cait you did push one thing for the commets
18:44 rangi ah cool
18:44 cait and the file looks indeed better
18:44 rangi yay
18:44 * cait sends rangi chocolate
18:44 cait I am translating opac now - and will do more testing once I have it complete
18:45 cait it's easier than to look up everything to check for fuzziness
18:45 rangi translating on the updated file eh?
18:45 cait yep
18:45 rangi cool
18:45 rangi if it works, load it into pootle :)
18:45 cait poedit and my editor don't show the normarc stuff correctly
18:45 cait but not sure it's the editor
18:45 cait hm, that would be brave
18:46 cait I have 2 people helping with translation now on pootle :)
18:46 jcamins cait++ # for her bravery
18:46 cait that's too early for karma
18:46 rangi i guess worst is all their work becomes fuzzy
18:46 cait I should give them a fair warn before doing something that drastic
18:47 cait I still can't accept suggestions on pootle :(
18:47 rangi weird
18:47 cait fredericd: around?
18:47 cait yep
18:47 cait it used to work
18:48 rangi cait: do you think the utf8 for the normarc might be mucked up in the .po file?
18:48 cait I am really not sure :( geany is set up to show utf 8
18:48 tcohen left #koha
18:48 rangi is it showing the umlauts alright?
18:48 cait let me check
18:48 rangi (in the german text?)
18:48 cait poedit does
18:49 rangi right so i think the .po files is ok, that will do for now
18:49 rangi anyone using normarc, will do it in norwegian anyway, so i wont spend time on that at the moment
18:50 jcamins Have a nice seder, everyone!
18:50 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
18:50 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6207 : Template scoping error <[…]5de6c1902da61902d> / Adding another sponsoring library to the credits in the release notes <[…]405bb5a996a58ec6b>
18:50 rangi @later tell magnuse bug6207 should be fixed and merge into master and new/enh/bug_5579
18:50 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
18:50 rangi ok im outta here until after meetings
18:50 cait rangi: I agree
18:50 cait rangi: I even copy the wrong looking strings ;)
18:55 gmcharlt @later tell rangi new/enh/bug_5579 has my blessing for merging
18:55 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
19:00 gmcharlt @later tell rangi if you want a branch with my signoffs, pull from git:// bug5579-final
19:00 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
19:00 cait oleonard++
19:04 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5897] Hide name of reviewer / comment writer in OPAC <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5897>
19:09 cait @later tell rangi it seems a lot of the fuzzy strings are only fuzzy because of an additional space at the end of the string
19:09 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:24 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #200: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/200/
19:24 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Adding another sponsoring library to the credits in the release notes
19:24 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6207 : Template scoping error
19:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6207 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Can't delete item
19:27 conan joined #koha
19:39 rangi cait: orly?
19:39 cait meeting already over?
19:40 rangi that should be fixable, trimming trailing space
19:40 cait yes
19:40 rangi naw on the bus
19:40 cait ah
19:40 cait yep, would perhaps kill a lot of the fuzzy stuff
19:41 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:43 cait some strings are cut of because of a link inside the string  - but that's probably harder to fix. the space could be a win
19:43 rangi ill have a look today if I get a chance
19:49 francharb left #koha
19:50 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
19:59 cait rangi: I will do more testing - don't worry about it
20:00 rhcl why is there a bird on rangi's head?
20:00 wizzyrea ^.6
20:01 rangi heh
20:01 rangi thats my hat
20:02 rhcl a hat is supposed to protect you from environmental events, not cause them like that one might
20:03 rangi that was at the markets the day before kohacon
20:03 wizzyrea that bird kind of snapped at spud
20:03 wizzyrea but he still likes parrots!
20:05 magnuse rangi, cait: what's that about normarc? problem with strings from the xslt?
20:05 rangi yeah not a biggy dont worry about it
20:05 cait magnuse: I think the character enconding doesn't look right - but I think it will be no problem for your normarc files
20:05 rangi it can wait til after 3.4.0
20:05 cait it's only on the 'english site' of things
20:06 rangi yeah
20:07 magnuse ok, thanks, i'll worry about it later then
20:15 cait don't worry :)
20:16 magnuse be happy?
20:19 * magnuse would be happy if i could spend all my work-time on koha... :-)
20:19 * wizzyrea too
20:19 wizzyrea (for srs)
20:19 magnuse yay
20:20 * magnuse wishes #koha a good time of the day
20:20 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
20:22 oleonard left #koha
20:29 bgkriegel left #koha
20:35 rangi lol
20:35 rangi irc in a cafe ftw
20:36 wizzyrea :D
20:36 rangi the nice waitress just gave me a piece of slice on the house
20:36 wizzyrea nice!
20:36 rangi 'cos u look so busy'
20:36 wizzyrea hehehehehehehe
20:36 rangi busy talking ... thats me
20:37 wizzyrea you are intently managing the imminent release of the worlds best open source library autmation system
20:37 wizzyrea of course you deserve it
20:38 cait what wizzyrea said :)
20:38 * cait hums happily - only 100 strings missing now
20:38 wizzyrea cait++
20:38 cait for opac
20:42 rangi yay
20:46 cait rangi: my test pages look really good and completely translated now :)
20:46 rangi yay
20:46 * rangi munches slice happily
20:47 cait :)
20:50 cait small template issue - in my result list I always see the Tags: label, although I have not tags for that record
20:51 cait and online Access doesn't show my url from the title, but I can see it in detail view
20:51 cait but translation works :)
20:52 rangi I bet u can fix that
20:52 rangi they will be IF
20:52 rangi with the wrong variable name
20:53 rangi IF something.something when it should be IF something
20:53 rangi or vice versa
20:54 NateC left #koha
20:58 bg rangi when you say slice - what do you mean - a slice of pizza?
20:58 rangi ahh no
20:58 rangi hmm how to explain
20:58 rangi wizzyrea: help a brother out
20:59 rangi its a genre of cake I guess?
20:59 wizzyrea well, I think of it like lemon bars?
20:59 wizzyrea something cakey, with a topping type stuff on it
20:59 rangi this was raspberry slice
21:00 rangi so had cakey stuff, they raspberry jam
21:00 wizzyrea so like a cakey or crumb bottom, then a jam on top
21:00 wizzyrea yea, similar to a lemon bar
21:00 rangi more cakey stuff (almost shortbread)
21:00 wizzyrea joann has some recipes on her blog
21:00 wizzyrea un mo
21:00 rangi then some icing
21:00 wizzyrea lots of butter
21:00 bg yummy I think I'm going to go find a slice (we've got some lemon bars around here)
21:00 rangi my fave is ginger slice
21:01 cait rangi: I fear you are right
21:01 cait but it's getting late :(
21:01 wizzyrea http://lesttheybelost.blogspot[…]-fudge-slice.html
21:01 rangi but chocolate and caramel is good too
21:01 cait hm caramel
21:01 rangi cait: ill have a look
21:01 rangi ok meetings
21:01 wahanui meetings are beginning of march or april
21:01 wizzyrea http://lesttheybelost.blogspot[…]cchini-slice.html
21:01 cait rangi: I can take a look tomorrow
21:01 cait don't worry, will file a bug
21:01 rangi damn right they are
21:01 rangi bbl
21:02 wizzyrea http://lesttheybelost.blogspot[…]-anzac-slice.html
21:02 cait wahanui: forget meetings
21:02 wahanui cait: I forgot meetings
21:02 wizzyrea now that I've made you all hungry
21:02 wizzyrea http://lesttheybelost.blogspot[…]oconut-slice.html
21:03 wizzyrea that's all of jo's slices :P
21:03 wizzyrea that she's posted so far
21:03 cait and all sound very yummy
21:03 cait and yes, you made me hungry!
21:05 wizzyrea technically jo made you hungry :)
21:06 Ahmuck left #koha
21:14 cait hmpf.
21:33 Ahmuck joined #koha
21:35 sekjal alright, one step closer to reconciling the two Member search routines into one
21:36 sekjal with that, I depart
21:36 sekjal goodnight, #koha!
21:36 sekjal left #koha
21:51 cait opac done!
21:57 cait left #koha
22:28 druthb joined #koha
22:30 druthb o/
22:47 rhcl r u on the night shift druthb?
22:48 druthb that's a complex question, rhcl.  I'm on the Get-Things-Done shift, mostly.
22:49 gmcharlt druthb: what does that make the morning shift? ;)
22:50 druthb The Get-some-things-done shift.  ;-)
23:02 conan anyone used gitorious before? I can't find how to tell git to tell ssh to use another identity file instead of ~/.ssh/id_rsa
23:05 conan scratch that, I found it :)
23:28 rangi back
23:42 conan rangi: you awake at this time?
23:42 rangi its 11.44am
23:42 rangi i better be :)
23:42 conan jojo
23:43 conan I'm preparing with Kriegel a translation to spanish for the SQL scripts
23:44 conan my initial idea was to just make a copy of whatever is under 'en' folder and work the files
23:44 rangi thats what most people have done
23:44 conan however he told me that when he brought up this idea here 'them' told him not to
23:45 rangi but dont do the sysprefs
23:45 conan that he needed to push a full translated subdir
23:45 rangi yes when you want it merged
23:45 conan hum... then Kriegel has missunderstood
23:45 rangi it needs to be a copy of all the files
23:46 rangi (copy the sysprefs but dont translate them, they are handled by the .pref files)
23:46 rangi but the frameworks, sample notes ext
23:46 rangi you can translate
23:46 rangi so copy the whole en folder
23:46 conan I'm asking this because of what this I had to make a git repo somewhere else for him and me to communicate, but I think it would be better to just have this under koha
23:46 rangi then translate the files you want
23:47 rangi yes, if a file is not translated, it needs to exist in the es/ dir
23:47 conan ah, ok, but there will be no merge until it's done, right?
23:47 conan so I need to host the repo somewhere else
23:47 rangi but if its no translated it will show up in english
23:47 rangi it can merge, its harmless
23:47 rangi as long as it has all the files
23:47 rangi they dont all need to be translated
23:47 rangi if you see what im saying
23:47 conan ok, so let me put it in another words right now:
23:48 rangi it would just mean if someone did an install in es, and it wasnt all translated, theyd have some in es some in english
23:48 conan can we make an es-ES subdir tonight which will be just a copy of 'en' and will it come in the next pull anybody does?
23:49 rangi not in master at the moment no
23:49 rangi because im releasing 3.4.0 on friday
23:49 conan do we need to branch then?
23:49 rangi and that would be just dangerous ;)
23:49 conan of course
23:49 rangi but after the release
23:49 rangi then yes
23:49 rangi it can go into master
23:49 conan ah! cool
23:50 conan I knew it couldn't be so complicated
23:50 rangi and patches to translate files can be submitted to it
23:50 conan I'll delete the gitorious repo then :)
23:50 rangi its no harm having ur own repo
23:50 rangi that tracks master
23:50 rangi because then you can send a pull request
23:50 rangi rather than patches
23:50 rangi which is good for biggish files
23:51 conan of course, but the thingy was to have something up online for him, me and anyone else to communicate
23:51 rangi yeah, doesnt hurt to still do it in gitorious and just send pull requests as you complete files
23:51 rangi its up to you though :)
23:55 Waylon joined #koha
23:55 Waylon Hiya all!
23:56 rangi hi Waylon
23:56 Waylon jcamins_away: .. you still away?
23:56 Waylon rangi: seems, according to my boss, author names arn't being sorted..
23:56 Waylon arabic names.
23:57 rangi i wouldnt know

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary