IRC log for #koha, 2011-04-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:23 brendan_ joined #koha
00:30 rangi hi brendan_
00:45 chris_n heya brendan_
00:45 wahanui brendan_ is a big fan of koha or the best boss evar!
00:45 rangi heh
00:47 chris_n both?
00:47 wahanui well, both is best
00:47 chris_n snap
00:48 chris_n bots on a roll tonight
01:04 pianohacker left #koha
01:20 brendan_ heya all
01:25 sijobl joined #koha
01:25 jransom joined #koha
01:35 jransom left #koha
02:09 tcohen joined #koha
02:18 tcohen left #koha
02:51 Irma left #koha
03:01 Waylon joined #koha
03:01 Waylon Hello all!
03:03 Waylon to unlog a comment, one uses [off] at the start? or (off)?
03:03 eythian Waylon: [off]
03:03 eythian I think
03:04 eythian at least, that's what people seem to use :)
03:04 Waylon yup... just checked my log...
03:04 Waylon okay..
03:07 Waylon So, i ask... Have we done enough to project the open-source message?
03:08 ibeardslee you seemed to have missed some of your previous comment?
03:09 Waylon what was the last few words of it? maybe irc has a character limit..
03:09 ibeardslee "..we have develo"
03:09 Waylon ah..
03:09 mtj "and we have develo…."
03:11 Waylon That came through correctly this time?
03:11 ibeardslee "..convince them." is the end of it?
03:12 mtj if people/companies dont get it, don't do business with them
03:12 ibeardslee open source means you can build on what other's have done
03:12 ibeardslee if you built a new system from scratch it would cost mega$$ to get to the level that koha is
03:13 ibeardslee 1000s of developer days have already gone into koha, are they going to want to pay for a new system from scratch
03:14 ibeardslee open source is strong and solid partly because different people are working through the system
03:14 ibeardslee building improving code
03:15 Waylon So im wondering... why this perception in the scientifiic and university sectors?
03:15 eythian Waylon: it's not here.
03:15 ibeardslee heh .. I second guess propietory software
03:15 eythian Waylon: at least, where I've seen it
03:16 Waylon Yes,the company i do work for, has Arabic sector clients.
03:16 Waylon .. sector.. origin...
03:17 eythian ah right. Maybe they just need to be re-educated somehow
03:17 * ibeardslee was just going to suggest that with Waylon connecting to irc via a .nz address, we could arrange a discussion with rangi?
03:18 eythian ibeardslee: or, like, the whole country :)
03:18 eythian *company
03:18 ibeardslee rangi and Waylon's boss?
03:18 Waylon Yes, i do talk with rangi often.
03:18 eythian huh?
03:18 eythian oh
03:19 eythian yeah
03:19 * Waylon is genji... "But i noticed people using their actual names here frequiently.."
03:19 Waylon So... decided.. hey, why not.
03:19 Waylon Though.... Catalyst has a new name policy?
03:19 ibeardslee to help explain why being opensource should be a selling point
03:20 eythian Waylon: catalyst has no name policy
03:20 mtj avoid clients that are *ashamed* of running Koha, i say...
03:20 eythian we changed when the IRC server changed, as we were already using it there for other things
03:22 Waylon Ahh.
03:23 space_librarian left #koha
03:23 space_librarian joined #koha
03:24 space_librarian must be Friday... even my IRC client wants a weekend. :)
03:26 eythian space_librarian: don't look at my desk now
03:27 space_librarian dammit!
03:27 Waylon damn, "Arab opensource advancement foundation", .... hacked by a hacking crew... the type to burn and gloat.
03:27 space_librarian I shoudn't have looked. ;)
03:27 eythian Waylon: <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0" name=GENERATOR> just makes it sadder still :(
03:28 AmitG joined #koha
03:28 ibeardslee haha
03:28 ibeardslee I mean damn
03:28 Waylon, shows a empty page...
03:29 Waylon their facebook.. has three messages, one of them is spam.
03:29 Waylon there are no admins left in the facebook group.
03:41 rangi thats actually pretty hard to do
03:41 Waylon so.. i ask... does koha have a standardised place for error messages?
03:41 rangi yep
03:42 rangi the more you do this, the more you fork and make upgrading more and more difficult
03:42 Waylon yeah...
03:42 rangi and therefore you become less and less secure
03:42 rangi and you might get hacked in the future ... oh wait ;)
03:42 Waylon Yah.. poor arabic opensource foundation.
03:43 rangi[…]s_open_source.php
03:44 rangi i can find thousands of those
03:44 rangi i suspect combating the ignorance
03:44 rangi is better than obfusticating hte url ;)
03:45 rangi on to much cooler issues
03:45 AmitG heya chris,
03:45 rangi
03:45 AmitG heya rangi
03:45 rangi now there is no excuse for not writing unit tests
03:46 rangi Waylon:
03:49 Waylon oh, boss is already convinced...
03:49 Waylon but uni's and scientific institutions.. they're a harder nut.
03:49 rangi yep so maybe a page on the site, explaining why
03:49 rangi its a more sustainable approach
03:49 Waylon research grants and academic scholarships and financing.. thats their world.
03:50 rangi koha was the second most installed library system in both public and academic libraries in the US in 2010
03:50 Waylon woo!
03:50 rangi beating the big companies, like sirsidynix, exlibris etc
03:51 rangi over 1200 libraries around the world run it
03:51 rangi from wellington theosophical society :) to delhi public
03:51 rangi the UN uses it, for 3 organisations
03:52 rangi UNIDO, UN FAO and WIPO
03:52 jcamins_away Ooh, which 3 organizations?
03:52 jcamins_away Thanks.
03:52 jcamins_away That's really cool!
03:52 rangi venezualan national library, with 7 million bibliographic records
03:53 rangi most of the philipines do
03:53 rangi[…]SubCategoryId=473
03:53 rangi all the schools in Prince Edward Island in canada do
03:53 rangi info like that, might make the uni and scientific institutions wake up ;-)
03:54 rangi   <-- thats just the ones who have entered themselves and their coordinates into libwebcats
03:55 eythian and it's slowly taking over the NZ government ;)
03:58 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…] <-- not free
03:59 jcamins_away Did we hear about their attempt to migrate to Koha, or was it so painless that they didn't run into any problems that required help?
04:00 rangi exactly
04:00 rangi they did it all in house
04:01 * jcamins_away did a migration in-house, and goodness knows y'all heard from me a lot.
04:01 rangi heh
04:03 * jcamins_away chooses to believe that this is perceived as a good thing. ;)
04:06 jcamins_away Hey, if anyone sees marcelr, tell him that bug 3072 is ready for sign-off with DOM.
04:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
04:06 jcamins_away I already left a message with huginn, but just in case someone else sees him.
04:58 sijobl left #koha
04:58 wahanui left #koha
04:58 rangi left #koha
04:58 chris_n left #koha
04:58 rangi joined #koha
04:58 sijobl joined #koha
04:58 wahanui joined #koha
04:58 chris_n joined #koha
05:08 BobB left #koha
05:16 cait joined #koha
05:18 cait hi #koha
05:19 space_librarian hey cait!
05:20 cait hi space_librarian
05:20 cait :)
05:33 AmitG heya cait, space_librarian
05:33 cait morning AmitG
05:38 adnc joined #koha
05:43 Ahmuck-Sr joined #koha
05:46 Ahmuck left #koha
05:56 adnc ./translate install de-DE
05:56 adnc Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at line 23.
05:56 adnc BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 23.
05:56 adnc Compilation failed in require at ./translate line 25.
05:56 adnc BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./translate line 25
05:57 adnc hello, i was trying to add german to the koha backend. unfortunately I'm getting this error
05:57 cait Umgebungsvariablen exportieren
05:57 adnc cait, morgen. welche denn?
05:57 cait und dann einfach nochmal laufen lassen
05:57 cait PERL5LIB und... die andere
05:57 adnc aber dafür müsste ich wissen womit die variablen gefüllt werden müssen
05:57 cait beimir sieht das so aus:
05:58 cait export KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml export PERL5LIB=/home/koha/kohaclone
05:58 adnc es ist eine debian installation hier
05:58 cait die pfade bei dir sind vermutlich etwas anders, evtl. steht es auch irgendwo in der doku
05:58 cait die pfade hängen mehr von der installationsart ab, denke ich. das ist eine dev Installation
06:00 adnc z.b. KOHA_CONF, ich habe zwar nur eine Instanz, aber womit wird die Variable gesetzt, wenn es mehrere Instanzen gibt und somit mehrere koha-conf.xml?
06:04 pianohacker joined #koha
06:05 adnc cait, ich habe sie einfach auf meine bestehende koha-conf.xml gesetzt und auf /usr/shre/koha/lib das scheint zu gehen
06:05 cait ich glaub edann gibt es unterschiedliche benutzer
06:10 adnc wo legt man dann die sprache für die admin oberflaeche fest, installiert ist sie
06:10 cait in den systemparametern
06:10 cait such nach lang
06:11 adnc da habe ich deutsch markiert
06:11 adnc aber immernoch englisch
06:13 kmkale joined #koha
06:13 kmkale Namaskar #koha
06:15 pianohacker left #koha
06:15 cait schalte die sprachauswahl ein
06:15 cait das ist einer der parameter der auftaucht wenn man nach lang sucht
06:15 cait dann kann man unten am bildschirmrand die sprache umschalten
06:15 cait hi kmkale :)
06:16 kmkale hi cait
06:16 kmkale cait: ^^ ??
06:16 wahanui well, ^^ is always wizzyrea's concern, weird stuff could happen
06:16 kmkale hah
06:16 cait hm?
06:17 cait was speaking German to adnc - about how to install languages and activate the
06:17 cait m
06:17 adnc cait, i deleted the cache of my browser, that helped. now wonderfull german
06:17 kmkale aahh
06:17 cait don't know if it's wonderful
06:18 adnc it is
06:18 cait there will be a lot missing - the new version has a lot of new things to translate
06:18 adnc still german is a nice language
06:18 cait
06:20 fredericd guten morgen alle zusammen
06:23 adnc guten morgen
06:24 adnc where can one add tags? is this something that needs to be done for every book, or is this a matter of the opac user?
06:26 AmitG left #koha
06:26 fredericd Tags are added by users on OPAC. You configure tagging persmissions with various sysprefs
06:26 fredericd[…]=c18#taggingprefs
06:28 adnc 08:30:02-15/04 zebraidx(4772) [warn] Index 'Record-control-number' not found in attset(s)
06:29 adnc i got this per mail
06:31 cait hm, not sure about that, it's one of mine. but never had problems with it
06:31 cait fredericd: did you get my message?
06:32 fredericd cait: yes, just now. I've added some new permission to you. Confirm me it works as expected.
06:33 cait fredericd: I see the buttons now, but can't press them
06:33 cait looking at the 3.4 opac file
06:34 fredericd Could you describe step by step how to reproducte the bug?
06:35 cait I go to german, 3.4, review tab, klick on review suggestions on top of the opac entry
06:35 cait there is a suggestion from beda waiting
06:35 kmkale left #koha
06:36 AmitG joined #koha
06:41 sophie_m joined #koha
06:41 cait ok, have to run, ttyl
06:41 cait left #koha
06:49 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:49 Guillaume1 joined #koha
06:50 magnuse Waylon: [off] is the one!
06:50 Waylon rather slow. :)
06:50 Waylon hehe.. hiya!
06:50 Waylon finally caught up?
06:51 chilts left #koha
06:51 chilts joined #koha
06:56 adnc every five minutes i'm getting this warning 08:55:02-15/04 zebraidx(5218) [warn] Index 'Record-control-number' not found in attset(s)
06:56 adnc is this the indexing service and why is it warning?
06:58 matts_away is now known as matts
06:59 sophie_m left #koha
07:00 francharb joined #koha
07:01 francharb hello #koha
07:01 julian joined #koha
07:02 sophie_m joined #koha
07:03 julian hello #koha !
07:05 hdl joined #koha
07:10 AmitG hi hdl, julian
07:10 hdl hi AmitG
07:14 adnc is it possible to add fast marc framework after installation?
07:15 hdl adnc: yep
07:15 adnc hdl, where can i do this
07:15 hdl you can take the installer/data/mysql/en/...
07:15 hdl fastadd.sql
07:15 adnc mhh
07:16 adnc i don't understand
07:16 hdl you can use mysql koha -u kohaadmin -p <fastadd.sql
07:16 adnc ahh, but where do i find fastadd.sql
07:16 hdl ./installer/data/mysql/en/marcflavour/ma​rc21/optional/marc21_fastadd_framework.sql
07:17 mtj ./installer/data/mysql/en/fastadd.sql
07:17 hdl it is in the code
07:18 adnc i just see that I do have this file for different languages
07:28 Guillaume1 left #koha
07:29 Guillaume1 joined #koha
07:32 kf joined #koha
07:32 kf hi #koha
07:32 AmitG heya kf
07:37 ebegin left #koha
07:53 kf hi AmitG
07:58 adnc left #koha
08:22 snail joined #koha
08:25 Oak joined #koha
08:25 Oak \o
08:26 magnuse o/
08:27 kf hi Oak and magnuse
08:28 Oak hi kf
08:28 Oak hi magnuse
08:28 Oak :)
08:34 hdl1 joined #koha
08:34 hdl left #koha
08:43 kf hi hdl1
08:43 Oak he did'nt wave
08:43 hdl1 hi kf
08:43 kf hm?
08:45 Oak nothing
08:45 hdl1 is now known as hdl
09:03 adnc joined #koha
09:18 sophie_m1 joined #koha
09:24 sophie_m left #koha
09:33 sophie_m joined #koha
09:33 sophie_m1 left #koha
09:45 sunitab joined #koha
09:46 sunitab i am getting an error in zebradaemon output as zebrasrv(2) [warn] Index 'Record-control-number' not found in attset(s) i am not able to do any searches in z39.50 hw to sort out this problem
09:50 AmitG heya sunitab
09:51 hdl hi sunitab
09:51 sunitab yes
09:51 AmitG sunitab r u from NCRA
09:51 hdl is it for z3950 ?
09:52 sunitab yes
09:52 sunitab yes it is from z3950
09:52 sunitab the above line is log from zebradaemon-output-log
09:53 sunitab when i try to search for z3950 search i dont get any results
09:59 kf I am not sure those are related
10:00 kf record-control-number is an index in koha, not used in the 29.50 search options
10:00 sunitab ok
10:00 kf hm, which version are you using?
10:00 sunitab 3.2.6
10:07 Oak left #koha
10:07 miguel left #koha
10:23 adnc i just see that koha has a problem when searching titles. for example lowercasing capital İ (turkish i).
10:23 adnc it does not find the entries which start with a capital İ if you do search with a lower i
10:25 snail left #koha
10:25 matts is now known as matts_away
10:30 Waylon left #koha
10:35 kf sunitab: very confusing! Record-control-number should not exist in this version
10:35 kf it's a new featuer I wrote for 3.4
10:35 kf adnc: do you have a lot of diacritica like that in your data?
10:36 adnc kf, there will be yes
10:36 kf there are ways to solve that, we have a library with hebrew that works good
10:36 adnc ahh
10:36 kf hm. icu could be a solution then, it's another form of indexing
10:36 adnc but do hebrew have lowercase and uppercase
10:37 kf I think the problem is not the lower/upper probably, but the character
10:37 kf do you see similar probles with other capitel/lower case characters from the 'normal' alphabet?
10:38 adnc no, actually not. let me test some more cases
10:38 kf afk, will beb ack
10:38 adnc it finds the rest very well
10:38 adnc even with those characters
10:39 adnc the problem occurse only when converting from lower to upper or visa versa
10:43 conan joined #koha
10:51 conan hi everyone
10:56 AmitG heya conan
10:58 conan AmitG: channel kind of quiet  today
10:58 conan maybe everybody have their minds on the weekend already
10:58 AmitG hmm
10:59 AmitG conan: r u from ?
11:00 conan Argentina, you?
11:01 kf is now known as kf_mtg
11:01 kf_mtg adnc++ for bug reporting
11:01 adnc ohh
11:01 adnc Ö)
11:03 conan kf_mtg: hello there, yesterday you told me about the translator script, but I think I was talking about two different things
11:03 conan on one side I got the webinstaller not showing all the possible options in the deployable menu, the first screen
11:04 conan on the other I was talking with cohen about making an es-ES subdir
11:04 kf_mtg yes
11:04 kf_mtg thosee are connected
11:04 conan so I didn't got clear what was tranlate about
11:04 conan I guess
11:04 kf_mtg you want to add es-ES sample files I guess?
11:04 kf_mtg frameworks, authorized value lists and such?
11:05 conan I want both, but first I want the deployable menu showing all the options available, I wanna try and see a french installation for example
11:05 conan exaclty
11:05 kf_mtg tcohen and me were telling you the same thing I think :)
11:05 conan but this is what I don't get:
11:06 conan from the point of view of an end user: do I need to run some hidden script to make other languages options appear?
11:09 conan I mean, is that a feature that the only option is english without running a script, or did I stomp into a bug?
11:10 kf_mtg no bug
11:10 kf_mtg not a real feature though
11:10 kf_mtg ok, are we talking about the webinstaller or opac/intranet?
11:10 conan webinstaller
11:10 kf_mtg ok
11:10 kf_mtg it depends how you install koha. there are bigger tarballs of stable releases that already include the installed languages.
11:11 conan ah...
11:11 kf_mtg and there are dev installs, installs from git, packages etc. - there you have to run a script first
11:11 conan no, I'm doing git installations
11:11 kf_mtg ok
11:11 kf_mtg it's really not a big thing
11:11 kf_mtg after you have run the make process and before you login for the webinstaller
11:11 kf_mtg export your environment variables like koha tells you (PERL5LIB and the other I always forget)
11:12 conan the conf one
11:12 kf_mtg yep :)
11:12 kf_mtg and then go to misc/translator
11:12 conan I made a script for that, I forget too
11:12 kf_mtg and do perl translate install <language-code>
11:12 kf_mtg for German I do perl translate install de-DE
11:13 kf_mtg it will generate all the template files from the po file with the trnaslations, after that the pull down in the web installer will show you the installed language
11:13 sunitab left #koha
11:13 conan ah...
11:13 conan cool, so it was the same thing then!
11:13 kf_mtg because the template files for the web installer are not there before that
11:14 conan if I do for a non-existant language it will generate the stuff the same, but it will not be translated
11:14 kf_mtg and when you choose another language than english it will look for sample files in the directory, I think it will offer the english sample files when nothing is found there
11:14 conan or maybe using 'create' first
11:14 kf_mtg hm, probably, if there is no po file it will fail or generate untranslated templates
11:14 conan ok then, I'll try it now
11:14 kf_mtg ok
11:15 kf_mtg I have a meeting in 15 minutes, will be back later today
11:15 conan but the 'create' parameters probably generates them?
11:15 conan I just started my working day, so we will meet again
11:15 conan thanks
11:15 kf_mtg conan: hm, I wonder - what new language do you need?
11:16 kf_mtg and is it already set up on pootle?
11:16 conan es-ES
11:16 conan cohen told me yesterday there is some guy working on that
11:16 conan I wrote him, but haven't received any reply so far
11:16 kf_mtg what does es-ES translate to? :)
11:16 conan erm... Spanish
11:16 kf_mtg ah
11:16 kf_mtg that looks good to me
11:16 kf_mtg I think you should already have a po file for that in your koha
11:17 kf_mtg check misc/translator/po
11:17 conan my first task here was to add some authorised values, they were translations of stuff already there
11:17 kf_mtg
11:17 conan so I think this approach is better
11:17 conan it will be there for others to use
11:17 kf_mtg yep, but you can use the existing language
11:17 kf_mtg so you don#t have to run the create, run the install
11:18 kf_mtg to get the templates translated
11:18 conan but there is no es-ES under installer/date/mysql/...
11:18 kf_mtg to get sample files you will have to add the directory - yes
11:18 kf_mtg the problem is: in order to get your sample files into the web installer you need to install the language
11:19 kf_mtg you were asking yesterday what else is needed than adding the directory
11:19 kf_mtg for the beginning you can just create your new directory in installer/data... and copy over the english files
11:19 kf_mtg and then translate them bit by bit
11:20 kf_mtg the files are not touched by the template translation process, you will have to do it manually
11:20 kf_mtg and to test them you have to run the translation script - so they show up in the web installer
11:20 druthb joined #koha
11:20 conan yeah, probably I was asking the wrong questions yesterday, I was working on bug 6175 when I stomp into the language files, I wasn't looking for them, but now I realize it's all related
11:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6175 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Mismatch between marc_subfield_structure and authorised_values tables
11:20 druthb o/
11:21 kf_mtg hi druthb :)
11:21 conan kf_mtg: I get it, translate is for the HTML templates and sql scripts are for the data
11:21 druthb :)
11:22 kf_mtg exactly! :)
11:22 kf_mtg and to make it work for the webinstaller you need both :)
11:29 kf_mtg ok, really gone now
11:29 kf_mtg bbl
11:29 jwagner joined #koha
11:34 AmitG heya jwagner
11:34 jwagner Hi AmitG
11:38 magnuse o/
11:39 AmitG heya magnuse
11:41 magnuse hiya AmitG
11:41 adnc does someone know what exactly marc 040 c is?
11:42 jcamins_away Entering institution.
11:42 magnuse @marc 040
11:42 huginn magnuse: The MARC code for or the name of the organization(s) that created the original bibliographic record, assigned MARC content designation and transcribed the record into machine-readable form, or modified (except for the addition of holdings symbols) an existing MARC record. These data and the code in 008/39 (Cataloging source) specify the parties responsible for the bibliographic record. [a,b,c,d,e,6,8]
11:42 jwagner adnc, it's a $#*& nuisance as far as I'm concerned.  Having it marked mandatory is a real pain.
11:43 jcamins_away Set a default in your frameworks.
11:43 jcamins_away It's required for any sort of data interchange.
11:43 adnc ahh
11:44 adnc if I'm doing the catalogin. how woul i write that
11:44 adnc simply my nme
11:44 jcamins_away You'd probably want to get a symbol from your national library.
11:44 jcamins_away Entering your name would be a good start, though.
11:46 jcamins_away That reminds me, I have to update my code.
11:46 NateC joined #koha
11:50 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6195] manage tab in opac on serials <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6195>
11:54 adnc left #koha
11:55 matts_away is now known as matts
11:57 ebegin joined #koha
12:07 AmitG left #koha
12:12 Brooke_ joined #koha
12:13 Brooke_ kia ora!
12:14 magnuse kia ora Brooke_
12:15 Brooke_ Hei :D
12:15 magnuse Hallo! :-D
12:19 oleonard joined #koha
12:19 Brooke_ o/
12:19 Brooke_ busy da, 10 o'clock!
12:46 sekjal joined #koha
12:56 tcohen joined #koha
12:56 Brooke_ 0/
12:57 tcohen hi #koha
13:02 JesseM joined #koha
13:21 conan tcohen: hi there
13:22 conan tcohen: I was able to test today a spanish installation
13:22 Brooke_ awesome :D
13:22 tcohen conan: genial
13:22 conan however I found that we got translated .tmpl in 3.2.6 but the .tt+.xml in master are in english
13:22 conan what does that mean?
13:23 tcohen master -> 3.4, right?
13:23 conan tcohen: yeah, 3.3 in fact
13:25 tcohen i mean, you translated a 3.2.6 instance, what does it have to do with a copy of master you have?
13:26 tcohen you mean you've tried the translation scripts in master with the same .po files and didn't success?
13:27 conan tcohen: we have a production installation, which I haven't touched, it was already there when I came
13:27 tcohen again: what you mean by ' master are in english'?
13:27 conan and I made a master spanish install  today
13:28 conan when we check the UI, I see the old has the value_builder scripts translated
13:28 conan but my installation doesn't
13:28 conan mine is using tt+xml while the old one is using .tmpl
13:28 conan so I guess this has to do with the move to Template::Tollkit
13:29 tcohen I think we're just in the string freeze period so there aren't .po files for tt yet
13:29 conan and the question is, what should I do to make the value_builder scripts appear translated
13:30 conan ah, and who is working on that? should be us? the interested people ;)
13:30 tcohen i told who was working on that
13:30 magnuse as far as i have understood it should be possible to use the same .po files for both .tmpl and .tt
13:31 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6194] Empty Parens on Serials pages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6194>
13:31 conan tcohen: bernardo hasn't replied to me yet
13:31 tcohen when we reach string freeze, then translators can start their work
13:31 conan I sent him a spanish mail today, does he work near you?
13:32 tcohen then wait for him to answer, he works here at UNC
13:32 conan yes, Martin told me
13:33 tcohen but i don't work with him on a daily basis
13:33 gmcharlt good morning
13:33 conan gmcharlt: good indeed
13:33 druthb Hi, gmcharlt!
13:34 tcohen good morning gmcharlt
13:35 magnuse conan, tcohen: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/001515.html
13:35 conan tcohen: en install has all .tt files, french install has both .tmpl and tt+xml, and es install has .tt but the strings appear in english, is strange
13:35 magnuse "You can start translating!"
13:35 tcohen conan: it is not, indeed
13:37 tcohen strings that are not translated will appear in english I guess, as it s the primary language which trnaslations are based on
13:37 conan magnuse: I've checked a little bit earlier. Do you think the fact that translation is not complete is what is preventing them to appear?
13:37 conan like 'we wont put anything parcial'
13:38 conan tcohen: yes, but recall I have a 3.2.1 installation that already has the translations
13:38 conan that's what I don't get, why have we lost previous translations, the ones that are already made
13:38 magnuse nope, no partial translations are "accepted"
13:38 tcohen conan: of course, as there where .po files prepared for that release
13:38 conan ah...
13:39 conan ok, now I understand
13:39 magnuse sorry: partial translations *are* "accepted"
13:39 tcohen conan: people code, reach some point, we have a 'string freeze', people prepare .po files for that set of strings and then release with the .po for that release
13:40 tcohen so, between major releases you would find that translations are not complete, or available
13:40 tcohen until the release comes
13:41 tcohen i'll back to kdevelop to do other stuff, bye
13:42 conan see you
13:43 tcohen what's the time in wellington?
13:43 tcohen is rangi there?
13:43 wizzyrea early in the morning
13:43 wizzyrea yep
13:43 wizzyrea lessee
13:43 wizzyrea 1:45am
13:44 tcohen thanks wizzyrea
13:44 tcohen is now known as tcohen_rebase_-i
13:44 Oak joined #koha
13:46 Brooke_ 0/
13:55 hdl1 joined #koha
13:56 Brooke_ 0/
13:56 magnuse \o
13:58 hdl left #koha
14:05 tcohen_rebase_-i question: is there a reason for a 30 char limit for itemcallnumber?
14:06 wizzyrea call numbers over 30 characters won't fit on a spine label? :P
14:06 wizzyrea (im not really serious, but it does seem like it might not fit so well :P)
14:06 wizzyrea (it's a joke)
14:09 Oak left #koha
14:11 Brooke_ left #koha
14:14 nengard joined #koha
14:14 nengard morning #koha - i'm training a new library and i have a question
14:14 wizzyrea go :)
14:15 nengard wizzyrea just got your message - and you can submit a patch anytime :) hehe
14:15 nengard okay question is this
14:15 nengard they have rebased but they're not being prompted to update
14:15 wizzyrea ;)
14:15 nengard their version is wrong
14:15 nengard i know i had this issue before and there was some git magic
14:15 nengard but i don't know what i did :)
14:17 wizzyrea and they're on their rebased branch?
14:17 nengard yes
14:17 nengard just did a rebase a second abot
14:17 oleonard manually set back the version number in system preferences? That should trigger the update database process
14:17 nengard ago
14:17 nengard the version number is set to 3.03.032
14:17 nengard so it is back
14:17 nengard what was the url for the old sys prefs editor?
14:18 oleonard The "Local use" tab
14:19 mtj nengard: what version are you expecting them to upgrade too?
14:19 nengard master
14:20 nengard we're testing
14:20 wizzyrea so something in the 50's
14:20 wizzyrea 52 is from yesterday
14:21 nengard right
14:21 magnuse what does say? it had XXX in it some time yesterday
14:21 nengard i just manually changed the version sys pref and it updated only to 032 ... i'm confused
14:21 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:21 nengard hang on here comes the library systems guy
14:22 library_systems_guy joined #koha
14:22 library_systems_guy hey guys
14:22 wizzyrea apt name :)
14:22 library_systems_guy here is the git repo i checked out from
14:22 library_systems_guy git clone git://
14:23 wizzyrea ok, and you're tracking origin/master
14:23 wizzyrea ?
14:23 wizzyrea[…]Control_Using_Git
14:23 wizzyrea is really my go to reference for stuff like this
14:24 library_systems_guy when i was doing a rebase is said origin master so I'm pretty sure i was
14:24 mtj fyi: yr version value in yr db, should be '3.0300030'
14:24 nengard i had him to a git fetch and rebase this morning
14:24 mtj rather than ''
14:25 mtj ie: watch the '.'s
14:25 nengard yup, that's what i put in the sys pref box
14:25 nengard library_systems_guy is mumbling about finding something
14:25 nengard :)
14:26 library_systems_guy one sec...verifying i took the right steps in the wiki
14:27 hdl1 gmcharlt: nengard do you kow any open ils-di service that I could test against say a vufind instance or else... It is to check ils-di  implementation in Koha.
14:28 mtj that the db version only likes *1* period, but elsewhere *4* periods are the norm, is a gotcha  for most
14:28 gmcharlt hdl1: provider or conumer?
14:28 hdl1 is now known as hdl
14:28 hdl provider
14:28 mtj oops, s/4/3/
14:29 library_systems_guy ok verified, took the right steps during setup
14:29 library_systems_guy phew
14:30 nengard so we need a way to get it to pull the most recent updates cause it doesn't appear to be doing so
14:30 Guillaume1 left #koha
14:31 jwagner nengard, would it hurt anything to just run the update database script manually?
14:31 nengard i don't know .. would it? :)
14:31 library_systems_guy i don't think so
14:31 nengard there's no data in there yet
14:31 library_systems_guy the db is empty
14:32 nengard we're not talking to each other in this room - can you tell???
14:33 druthb with an empty database, it shouldn't hurt anything to run updatedatabase manually.
14:33 nengard hi druthb!! :)
14:33 nengard where is the script?
14:33 wahanui it has been said that the script is here, take it, pretty it up, use  it ;)
14:33 druthb hi nengard! :)
14:33 nengard wahanui that is not helpful
14:33 wahanui ...but that is a risk you have to take... ;-)...
14:33 druthb installer/data/mysql/
14:33 gmcharlt hdl: I don't know of any
14:34 druthb wahanui: nengard?
14:34 wahanui i guess nengard is a blogger at
14:34 nengard not so much anymore
14:34 nengard now she's an overworked open source educator :)
14:34 hdl gmcharlt: and you know some ils-di consumers ?
14:34 library_systems_guy script = fail
14:34 hdl wahanui: forget nengard
14:34 wahanui hdl: I forgot nengard
14:34 gmcharlt well, allegedly vufund, as you know
14:35 library_systems_guy 2 entries failed
14:35 hdl nengard is an overworked open source educator
14:35 library_systems_guy Can't DROP 'itemsstocknumberidx';
14:35 library_systems_guy and
14:35 library_systems_guy Duplicate key name 'itemstocknumberidx'
14:35 hdl wahanui: nengard ?
14:35 wahanui nengard is an overworked open source educator
14:35 druthb both of those should be fine, library_systems_guy.
14:35 oleonard I got that same error library_systems_guy
14:35 hdl wahanui: forget nengard
14:35 wahanui hdl: I forgot nengard
14:35 library_systems_guy ok...hmm
14:36 library_systems_guy so the upgrade version was to
14:38 library_systems_guy so one pref that was added last night was WaitingNotifyAtCheckin
14:38 library_systems_guy looks like im missing files o_0
14:39 nengard would a fetch solve that?
14:39 library_systems_guy no new git goodness on a fresh fetch
14:40 rhcl joined #koha
14:41 nengard grrrrrrr
14:42 rhcl sekjal++  <for coding feverishly and fervishly all last weekend to add <date> to notices>
14:42 rhcl would that be bug 5197
14:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5197 enhancement, P5, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED, today's date on notices
14:43 sekjal rhcl: thanks.  I take it that it's working as intended on your system?
14:43 rhcl yep. perfectly. Today was the first day with results
14:44 sekjal awesome!  I'll get that bundled up, and add the support to notices other than Holds and Overdues
14:45 * chris_n idly wonders if the listserver could be setup to filter based on the phrase "out of office"... ;-)
14:46 library_systems_guy oleonard: if the systems prefs updated in the database but its not showing up on the front end does that mean im missing files?
14:46 oleonard chris_n: I've been on a mailing list that automatically rejected them.
14:47 oleonard library_systems_guy: Showing up on the front end?
14:47 library_systems_guy oleonard: negative
14:47 oleonard chris_n: That same list rejected any message in which the default footer wasn't trimmed in the person's reply
14:47 library_systems_guy sadly
14:47 oleonard library_systems_guy: I meant I don't know what you mean by "showing up on the front end"
14:48 oleonard What showing up where?
14:48 chris_n oleonard: replying to digests is another issue as well
14:48 library_systems_guy ohh my bad...I mean in systems prefs in the staff client
14:48 oleonard Your version number has been updated in the database but the new number doesn't show up in system preferences?
14:49 NCAR joined #koha
14:49 library_systems_guy the version number showed in in sysprefs
14:49 library_systems_guy however the actual setting didn't
14:50 library_systems_guy interesting bit however, the about page still says V.32
14:50 library_systems_guy but system prefs is correct on version number
14:51 oleonard What do you mean by "actual setting?"
14:51 library_systems_guy for example the setting WaitingNotifyAtCheckin
14:51 library_systems_guy is not available in sysprefs
14:52 oleonard Sounds like your update didn't complete properly
14:52 francharb library_systems_guy: best nickname ever! ;)
14:52 oleonard Thank goodness for tab-completion though francharb!
14:52 francharb :)
14:53 library_systems_guy ha
14:55 nengard so what's going on here - is the system borked?
14:55 oleonard I have no idea
14:55 nengard sekjal druthb i need you!! :) hehe
14:56 * druthb perks.
14:56 library_systems_guy fantastic...looks like ill have to pull a windows and...delete everything
14:56 sekjal nengard: here
14:56 nengard sekjal library_systems_guy is elliot at tyler
14:57 nengard where i'm trying to help train on sys prefs
14:57 library_systems_guy and git is hosed
14:57 tcohen_rebase_-i is now known as tcohen
14:57 nengard but we don't have them all
14:57 druthb that's not as panic-stricken as you might think, library_systems_guy.  Do a git clone of the repo to a new directory, delete your current one, and rename the new.
14:57 nengard library_systems_guy mumbles "oh man"
14:58 sekjal so, wait, how is git hosed?
14:58 sekjal updating to the latest HEAD?
14:59 sekjal I had a problem updating this morning, with one of the serials template files
15:00 library_systems_guy So the version number in sysprefs is x.052 however the version number in about is x.032
15:01 library_systems_guy odd part:
15:01 library_systems_guy the actual sysprefs aren't showing up
15:01 sekjal 052 is current head
15:01 sekjal or close to
15:02 library_systems_guy correct
15:02 library_systems_guy so why is it not changing in about
15:02 library_systems_guy and why aren't the actual settings in sysprefs showing
15:02 sekjal is the code on HEAD?
15:03 sekjal if so, I'd recommend switching off that to the html_template_pro branch
15:03 sekjal current HEAD is unstable as we slay the last of the Template::Toolkit switchover bugs
15:03 library_systems_guy oh for the TT2 stuff?
15:04 nengard sekjal, we don't mind it being unstable, it's for testing purposes, not production at this time
15:04 nengard the idea was to see all of the admin changes - sys prefs and all
15:05 nengard if that's all in the other branch then we can use that
15:05 sekjal pretty much all of it is
15:05 sekjal some fixes have been backported
15:06 sekjal so, what you're describing sounds like the DB isn't updating to match the code version... perhaps there is a mis-labeled database revision in
15:06 sekjal a "3.03.XXX" instead of a real number
15:09 library_systems_guy so I may be doing this wrong but I tried manually updating the database
15:09 library_systems_guy and the database updated fine
15:11 sekjal if you run the command from the commandline, you can force it through; the web-updater has some restrictions that will cause it to ignore database revision numbers that don't conform to the typical format
15:11 sekjal for example
15:11 NCAR Where's wizzyrea today?
15:11 * wizzyrea looks around furtively
15:11 wizzyrea don't see her...
15:12 wizzyrea oh wait :)
15:12 library_systems_guy is that installer in the install directory/
15:12 NCAR there u r!
15:12 alex_a left #koha
15:12 sekjal library_systems_guy: installer/data/mysql/
15:12 NCAR Well, I gots some old circ stats from Sirsi.
15:12 NCAR let's see...
15:12 library_systems_guy yeah thats the one i ran
15:13 library_systems_guy and it updated fine
15:13 sekjal cool
15:13 library_systems_guy ok
15:13 library_systems_guy so that rules out the database?
15:13 sekjal if the About page is still displaying wrong, it could be an issue with variable names in the .tt files
15:14 NCAR we've only been on Koha for about 6 mos and it's saying we've had around 2000 checkouts over that time.
15:14 NCAR no, 1000
15:14 library_systems_guy yeah it is
15:14 NCAR sry
15:14 library_systems_guy so i just ran select * from systempreferences where variable like '%waiting%';
15:14 library_systems_guy and i got the pref i was looking for
15:14 NCAR anyway, extrapolating would give me 2000 for 12 mos
15:14 wizzyrea that's checkouts *and* renewals
15:14 library_systems_guy but its not available in sysprefs on the gui
15:14 wizzyrea maybe sirsi doesn't count the renewals?
15:14 wizzyrea as checkouts?
15:15 NCAR That's about 20% more than our FY08 stats from Sirsi
15:15 NCAR and 76% more than the FY09 stats
15:15 NCAR so, who the hell knows.
15:15 wizzyrea 76% is a weird jump
15:15 NCAR could be
15:15 NCAR i know!
15:15 wizzyrea do you get a lot of renewals?
15:15 NCAR no
15:16 NCAR we'll probably get more now
15:16 wizzyrea hm
15:16 NCAR since it's way easier for patrons to renew in Koha
15:16 NCAR but that's neither here nor there
15:17 NCAR in what ways were your circ stats skewed in Unicorn?
15:17 NCAR and how did you discover it
15:17 wizzyrea well we were actually counting checkins as well as renewals, and issues
15:17 wizzyrea and like i said, checkins in koha don't really mean anything statistically
15:17 NCAR right
15:18 wizzyrea because you return things to trigger transfers
15:18 wizzyrea so we had inflated stats because of that
15:18 NCAR mm
15:18 wizzyrea but you're not counting those
15:18 NCAR so ur Sirsi numbers were actually higher than your Koha nos
15:19 wizzyrea nope, with the returns our sirsi numbers were much lower
15:19 NCAR oh
15:19 wizzyrea (part of me can't believe we made that mistake, thinking about it now... of course you wouldn't count a checkin as a circulation)
15:19 NCAR and your circulation seemed to increase once you had Koha in place?
15:19 wizzyrea yes, that is true
15:19 wizzyrea our circ did seem to increase once we got into koha
15:20 wizzyrea and that's despite the fact that we came out of a much larger consortium
15:20 wizzyrea with many more items
15:20 NCAR well, i guess i'll explain the discrepancy by saying our Sirsi nos may've been calculated differently AND we may actually be seeing more circ due to ease of Koha use.
15:21 wizzyrea yea, i'm not sure what to attribute 76% to lol
15:21 wizzyrea slow year?
15:21 wizzyrea economic downturn?
15:21 wizzyrea though circ usually goes up when the economy is bad
15:21 wizzyrea what type of library is yours, ncar?
15:21 oleonard Unless your state slashes your budget and you have to cut your hours
15:21 wizzyrea ^^
15:21 wizzyrea that
15:22 wizzyrea just when people need you most. so maddening.
15:22 NCAR we're a special library...atmospheric research
15:22 NCAR i dunno why our circ would've dropped in 09
15:22 NCAR it's odd
15:23 wizzyrea does seem odd
15:23 NCAR i do have more confidence in the Koha stats though
15:23 wizzyrea well you can look directly at the data, that's handy.
15:23 NCAR partly b/c i feel like i have better access to the (huge) brains behind it
15:23 NCAR i never had that with Sirsi
15:24 wizzyrea yea, none of that "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" nonsense
15:25 NCAR haha.  yes, i could sit here and complain all day about why i hated Sirsi...
15:25 wizzyrea :) many here could
15:25 NCAR but instead, i'm going to get the heck outta's Friday and I've had enough screentime. :)
15:26 NCAR Thanks fer yer help, Lady.
15:26 wizzyrea sure thing, have a great weekend :)
15:26 NCAR u2
15:27 NCAR left #koha
15:30 matts is now known as matts_away
15:30 oleonard Makes me thinks of LCARS
15:30 conan gmcharlt: when you have time, would you take a look at http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/035450.html and tell me about both questions?
15:32 * kf_mtg nick kf
15:32 kf_mtg is now known as kf
15:32 kf *sighs*
15:40 sophie_m left #koha
15:42 rhcl why the sigh kf?
15:44 julian left #koha
15:46 nengard left #koha
15:46 hdl chris_n: I filtered them.
15:46 chris_n cool!
15:46 * chris_n cheers
15:47 chris_n hdl++
15:47 hdl if you see one though on koha-devel or koha-patches, or any koha-* list
15:47 hdl let me know
15:49 kf rhcl: tired - me nick kf doesn't work :)
15:55 gmcharlt conan: use NULL, not ''
15:55 conan gmcharlt: cool, and the other one?
15:56 gmcharlt conan: don't do the fixme, IMO; if you don't have values yet
15:57 gmcharlt should be actual values, or at least plausible default values
15:57 conan the file where I found those are dumps from Poulain, I didn't wanted to break anything for someone else
15:57 conan so should I comment the invalid inserts and get in touch with the original authors?
15:59 clrh left #koha
16:00 gmcharlt good idea
16:00 gmcharlt paul_p is easy to find :)
16:01 conan cool, thanks, will put my hands on it now
16:08 library_systems_guy left #koha
16:16 kf left #koha
16:17 tcohen an asado for those who sign-off bug 5667 :-D
16:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5667 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED, koha-conf.xml missing entry for z39.50 publicserver
16:34 NateC left #koha
16:37 HBankhead joined #koha
16:42 hdl left #koha
16:49 conan left #koha
16:58 conan joined #koha
17:07 * conan looks in the wiki for some signoff tutorial and grabs a fork and knife
17:09 wizzyrea[…]gn_off_on_patches
17:09 wizzyrea there are 4 tabs I always have open: that one, the version control using git, my test install, and google reader :P
17:09 wizzyrea teh 4th for my amusement only ;)
17:10 wizzyrea the other 20 tabs are whatever else I'm working on that day ;)
17:10 cait joined #koha
17:15 conan wizzyrea: have you checked out firefox 4 tab management?
17:16 wizzyrea no, actually. I had so much trouble with FF4 that I went back to chrome :(
17:19 * cait waves
17:22 * druthb waves to cait.
17:22 cait :)
17:41 conan left #koha
17:49 tcohen wizzyrea: if u don't use ff4 and hence pin tab 'as an app' you should use 'morning coffee' ff extension :-D
17:50 tcohen #koha, have a nice weekend
17:50 tcohen left #koha
18:09 * oleonard knows that wizzyrea knows that Chrome did it first
18:14 nengard joined #koha
18:20 jwagner oleonard or anyone else who might know -- in the OPAC search results, where you can change sort order, is the Popularity entry based on circulation?
18:21 nengard left #koha
18:23 jwagner found the code, it looks like it's counting from the issues table, so that would be based on current checkouts only?
18:24 druthb that doesn't make much sense.
18:25 NateC joined #koha
18:26 jwagner Doesn't seem terribly useful, no.  I was expecting something based on the number of checkouts total.
18:27 druthb yeah, the total issues number, or even counting off of old_issues (*shudder*)
18:27 Ahmuck joined #koha
18:27 jwagner I don't think I'm misreading it -- in
18:28 jcamins_away C4::Search--
18:28 cait nothing new there
18:28 gmcharlt jwagner: that bit of code probably predates the split of issues and old_issues
18:28 jwagner and no one has ever updated it, I guess.  That would explain it, at least. Thanks.
18:29 gmcharlt but NB - it's only NoZebra that checking issues directly
18:30 gmcharlt Zebra is grabbing a total loans count from the bib 942$0
18:30 Ahmuck-Sr left #koha
18:33 gmcharlt ... which gets set by ... nothing
18:33 gmcharlt on the other hand, at least it can be worked around
18:33 jwagner Argh,....
18:34 gmcharlt write a cronjob to set biblioitems.totalissues
18:34 gmcharlt run and index ... and it should work
18:35 cait and file a bug report
18:36 gmcharlt cait: isn't smart enough to do that yet
18:36 gmcharlt oh, wait
18:36 gmcharlt ;)
18:36 jwagner That's a thought.  It'll have to go on the back burner for now, though, but at least I have a better idea what the search is (not) doing.  Thanks.
18:36 cait hm?
18:36 cait gmcharlt: sorry?
18:36 cait ah
18:36 cait to file the bug report
18:36 gmcharlt right
18:37 * cait is a bit slow today
18:37 cait :)
18:47 slef hi all
18:48 HBankhead left #koha
18:51 cait hi slef :)
18:51 jcamins_away slef: question about your response to bug 6113.
18:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6113 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, enhancement to keep previous ids
18:52 cait jcamins: was about to ask slef something about it too :)
18:52 jcamins_away How does one modify the data to ensure that the biblionumber is consistent?
18:52 jcamins_away As far as I can tell, the biblionumber will always be the next available, even if it shouldn't be.
18:52 cait I don't understand the whole problem really - using 001 and $w should be enough, not sure why you need to make some strange number the internal number. I think it will probably only cause a lot of trouble :(
18:52 cait jcamins: what you say
18:53 cait it's not a good idea
18:53 gmcharlt cait: the desired outcome is to keep the bib ID the same from previous ILS to Koha
18:53 jcamins_away cait: because linking to a search on 001 is very expensive.
18:53 cait I see that
18:53 cait hm
18:53 cait sorry, my whole world works like that :)
18:54 jcamins_away If it were possible to have a link to http://catalog/001/whatever, and not bring your catalog to the knees, that would be perfect.
18:54 cait I am so used to using the control number from our union catalog everywhere
18:54 jcamins_away 'Snot.
18:54 cait I see that
18:54 cait so it's the time it takes to open the search?
18:54 cait so, probably a new column in biblio would make it faster?
18:55 cait what will you do when one of those internal numbers is alphanumeric, or too long, has leading zeros...
18:55 jcamins_away Yeah, but that would add more derived data.
18:55 cait derived data?
18:55 * jcamins_away personally thinks that durable URLs just aren't that important, but he's alone in that.
18:56 jcamins_away The column "controlnumber" could be derived from marcxml.
18:56 cait it could be mapped and copied into a database table too
18:57 jcamins_away I like that idea.
18:57 jcamins_away And it could be VARCHAR.
18:57 cait yep
18:57 jcamins_away cait++
18:57 jcamins_away Say... wouldn't you like to suggest that on bug 6113?
18:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6113 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, enhancement to keep previous ids
18:57 cait I can't help, but playing around with internal primary keys make me shudder
18:57 cait I would like this solution better
18:58 gmcharlt cait: well, it's not an either/or
18:58 cait what do you think about it?
18:58 gmcharlt and, for that matter, a search on 001 isn't *that* expensive, assuming you've got in indexed in Zebra correctly
18:59 cait we never got any complaints - it's not as fast as biblionumber though
19:00 * jcamins_away thinks probably you have a big powerful server, and not the itsy bitsy server that his former employer wanted to use.
19:01 library_systems_guy joined #koha
19:01 gmcharlt jcamins_away: ?  a Zebra search that by its nature returns a single hit isn't that expensive an operation
19:02 library_systems_guy does anybody know the cpan module for template toolkit?
19:02 jcamins_away gmcharlt: in that case I will have to blame a misconfiguration.
19:02 jcamins_away library_systems_guy: apt-get install libtemplate-perl
19:02 druthb is now known as druthb_away
19:02 gmcharlt library_systems_guy: Template
19:02 druthb_away left #koha
19:02 wizzyrea Template Toolkit is apt-get install libtemplate-perl
19:03 wizzyrea template toolkit?
19:03 wahanui it has been said that template toolkit is apt-get install libtemplate-perl
19:03 library_systems_guy cool
19:03 library_systems_guy ill see if that does it for me
19:03 gmcharlt jcamins_away: granted, it would be more more expensive than a direct retrieval on an indexed DB column like bilbionumber
19:03 jcamins_away gmcharlt: the problem we had with this was that the system invariably crashed if two people tried to follow the link at the same time.
19:04 wizzyrea well that's a bad problem :P
19:04 jcamins_away Yah.
19:04 jcamins_away I haven't tried since I left there, 'cause it was never something I cared about anyway.
19:04 gmcharlt jcamins_away: and would seem to be tantamount to it crashing whenever more than one person tried a normal search simultaneously ...
19:04 jcamins_away gmcharlt: no, that worked.
19:05 gmcharlt jcamins_away: oy.  really wonder about the implementation, then
19:06 jcamins_away Not an issue anymore, thank goodness. :)
19:06 cait jcamins: not sure how fast our servers are - they live on an esx farm
19:06 jcamins_away cait: right, see, that proves that they're more powerful.
19:06 cait I think there is some magic involved there, that I don't understand yet ;)
19:07 library_systems_guy ok so i just did a fresh install to see if that would solve my git install problem.  When I load the staff client for init i get this error: "Template process failed: file error - not found at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 119."
19:07 * jcamins_away isn't working today, and goes back to not being here.
19:07 cait jcamins_away: I added a comment
19:09 cait or I thought I did but had an midair collision with gmcharlt :)
19:09 gmcharlt *splat*
19:09 cait hehe
19:12 library_systems_guy do you guys think the error I posted before is because I might have messed up the install?
19:13 cait you installed the package for template toolkit?
19:13 library_systems_guy the libtemplate-perl packate
19:13 library_systems_guy package*
19:13 cait yes
19:13 library_systems_guy yeah i installed that one
19:14 library_systems_guy everything seemed normal during the install
19:18 cait only a very wild guess
19:19 cait is your browser preferring another language over english?
19:19 library_systems_guy no its definitely english
19:19 cait hm. but for a new install it should work anyway
19:20 cait no idea then
19:20 library_systems_guy hmm
19:20 wizzyrea running from master is occasionally dangerous >.>
19:21 library_systems_guy -_-
19:21 library_systems_guy i can see that
19:21 library_systems_guy sad day
19:22 rangi specially when the week before the release manager warns people not to upgrade if they are running master in production, its not the unstable branch for nothing
19:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit32: Translations update for 3.2.7 <[…]a460e7abed0863d02>
19:23 francharb left #koha
19:24 library_systems_guy rangi: fair enough
19:24 rangi how did you do the install?
19:24 rangi perl
19:24 rangi make
19:24 rangi make install
19:24 rangi ?
19:24 library_systems_guy make test after make
19:25 rangi dev or standard?
19:25 library_systems_guy standard
19:26 rangi and yep, if it cant find that file, then the install is messed up
19:26 library_systems_guy ok, ill re-run it and see if that does it
19:28 snail joined #koha
19:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 13 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #11 10 j ago)
19:33 library_systems_guy it has to be the build
19:33 ebegin left #koha
19:39 cait morning rangi
19:40 wizzyrea library_systems_guy: so you're still getting the problem?
19:42 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
19:43 cait hi magnuse
19:43 magnuse happy saturday morning rangi!
19:43 magnuse and happy friday night cait
19:43 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
19:43 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0�C (9:20 PM CEST on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Falling).
19:43 cait hehe for you too magnuse
19:43 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:43 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 8.1�C (9:40 PM CEST on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Windchill: 8.0�C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1018.8 hPa (Steady).
19:43 magnuse light? rather heavy, akshuly
19:43 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence ks
19:43 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 8.2�C (2:45 PM CDT on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Windchill: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.34 in 993.5 hPa (Steady).
19:43 wizzyrea brr
19:43 wizzyrea on all counts
19:43 rangi could check the file is in the right place
19:43 rangi @wunder wellington nz
19:43 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0�C (7:00 AM NZST on April 16, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 14.0�C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
19:44 cait wizzyrea: feel kind of close to you now :)
19:44 magnuse wizzyrea: what's the time in your neck of the woods?
19:44 rangi hi magnuse
19:44 * magnuse sets the teleporter to wellington, nz
19:44 cait oh, I want to visit rangi too
19:44 wizzyrea almost 3pm
19:45 magnuse ah, time to go home and enjoy the weekend?
19:45 cait 16311 *SIGH*
19:45 wizzyrea almost!
19:45 magnuse cait?
19:45 wahanui cait is a competent programmer AND really sweet.
19:46 magnuse THOUGHT SO
19:46 magnuse opps caps lock
19:46 wizzyrea nah, it was deserving of emphasis ;)
19:46 wizzyrea magnuse?
19:46 wahanui magnuse is, like, so mean... :P
19:46 wizzyrea LOL
19:46 magnuse :-O
19:46 wizzyrea that just won't do
19:46 * cait grumbles a little
19:47 cait lol
19:47 wizzyrea wahanui: forget magnuse
19:47 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot magnuse
19:47 cait magnuse?
19:47 magnuse cait: 16311? Did you guys add another 10000 bugs while i was eating pizza or summat?
19:47 wizzyrea magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
19:47 cait that would be more fun than translating norwegian!
19:47 wizzyrea magnuse
19:47 wizzyrea ?
19:48 wizzyrea magnuse?
19:48 wahanui it has been said that magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
19:48 cait I am not sure what you paid the person who signed-off on that
19:48 magnuse cait: are you translating norwegian?
19:48 * cait is trying
19:48 cait long story
19:48 cait ask rangi
19:48 * wizzyrea chants "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"
19:48 wizzyrea i tease, I tease
19:48 cait hehe
19:48 magnuse rangi: why is cait translating norwegian?
19:48 rangi i told you not to translate it
19:48 cait :P
19:48 rangi but no .. she HAS TO
19:49 * wizzyrea watches this conversation with amusement
19:49 rangi perfectionism
19:49 rangi magnuse: the normarc xslt
19:49 library_systems_guy wizzyrea: yeah I am, perhaps I should just wait until the official release so the templating is good to go
19:49 rangi or run a dev install
19:49 cait actually  he said that i am crazy
19:49 magnuse rangi, cait: ah yes, that...
19:49 * magnuse hangs his head in shame
19:49 rangi if you are installing from git, running a dev install makes more sense
19:50 * jcamins_away thinks that you should run a dev install and report bugs.
19:50 * wizzyrea votes for running a dev install too
19:50 rangi magnuse: she can't just click skip :P
19:50 jwagner left #koha
19:50 * magnuse is slightly afraid of scaring library_systems_guy away with silly banter
19:50 library_systems_guy lol the devs have it
19:50 jcamins_away library_systems_guy: it's not nearly as scary as it sounds.
19:50 library_systems_guy heh
19:50 cait no, she can't ... but working on pref file right now
19:50 rangi ok time to feed the kids
19:51 rangi bbl
19:51 wizzyrea (seriously, it's really better in lots of ways)
19:51 * magnuse votes for running a dev install too
19:51 wizzyrea the name is the worst part :P
19:51 magnuse have fun rangi
19:51 wizzyrea give the kids hugs and kisses from us :P
19:52 cait do you want to scare them?
19:52 library_systems_guy indeed...make sure they eat their veggies
19:52 wizzyrea the kids?
19:52 wahanui the kids are off for 8 weeks here
19:52 library_systems_guy all around
19:52 wizzyrea wahanui: forget the kids
19:52 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot kids
19:52 magnuse hey cait: as a tradeoff, there is some german in the norwegian interface, i think it's a syspref description...
19:52 cait nah, can't be
19:52 NateC left #koha
19:52 * jcamins_away thinks library_systems_guy fits in great here, and there's no need to worry about scaring him off.
19:52 * cait hides
19:52 cait if oyu have German... what did I copy into the German file?
19:53 wizzyrea he just HAPPENS to have appeared on friday, the silliest day of the week in #koha
19:53 magnuse you don't want to know!
19:53 library_systems_guy you definitely don't have to worry about scarring me off
19:53 * wizzyrea tries to think of something obnoxious to say in german... fails.
19:53 jcamins_away wizzyrea: are you sure? Any day ending in 'y' which includes my presence on #koha is silly.
19:53 wizzyrea well that's true
19:53 library_systems_guy i used to be a chantard *hangs head in shame*
19:53 wizzyrea and tasty
19:53 * cait goes to look up obnoxious
19:53 NateC joined #koha
19:54 cait and chantard
19:54 * magnuse goes to look up chantard (nah, not really)
19:54 magnuse hey NateC
19:54 cait ok, my dictionary does not know the word
19:54 wizzyrea obnoxious?
19:55 wizzyrea uh
19:55 cait chantard
19:55 wizzyrea google translate says obnoxious is widerwärtig
19:55 cait yep
19:55 cait so does leo
19:55 bg left #koha
19:55 wizzyrea :D
19:55 cait :)
19:55 wizzyrea i'm guessing chantard would be in the urban dictionary
19:56 wizzyrea[…]php?term=Chantard
19:56 cait library_systems_guy: be careful mentioning cookies on #koha and you will be fine
19:56 * wizzyrea perks up
19:56 wizzyrea cookies?
19:56 jcamins_away Mmm.
19:57 jcamins_away Hey, guess what!
19:57 library_systems_guy mmhm i loves some cookies
19:57 wizzyrea cookies?
19:57 jcamins_away Flour was on sale at the local supermarket!
19:57 wizzyrea oooo
19:57 jcamins_away 10 lbs/$3!
19:57 wizzyrea WHOA
19:57 library_systems_guy *thinks jcamins_away should bake us cookies*
19:57 cait he really fits in
19:57 * oleonard thinks jcamins_away should come back already
19:58 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
19:58 cait where are you from library_systems_guy?
19:58 library_systems_guy Tyler Tx
19:58 cait oh, farfar away
19:58 Guillaume1 joined #koha
19:58 library_systems_guy cait: where are you?
19:58 magnuse cait: log on as test1/test1 here[…]?tab=staff-client and have a look at XSLTDetailsDisplay and XSLTResultsDisplay
19:58 cait Konstanz, Germany
19:59 * wizzyrea is only two states away in Kansas
19:59 library_systems_guy oh yeah...probably should have picked up on that from all the lang comments
19:59 * magnuse is in Bodø, Norway - above the Arctic Circle (just)
19:59 library_systems_guy w00t Kansas
19:59 oleonard library_systems_guy: You'll sometimes see another Texan around here, schuster
19:59 library_systems_guy magnuse: is it cold there heh
19:59 wizzyrea he's from plano
20:00 library_systems_guy oh nice, then we are kind of close
20:00 wizzyrea @wundero Bodo Norway
20:00 huginn wizzyrea: downloading the Perl source
20:00 bg joined #koha
20:00 cait magnuse: oops
20:00 wizzyrea @wunder Bodo NOrway
20:00 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0�C (9:50 PM CEST on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Rain Showers. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Steady).
20:00 wizzyrea nah, not too cold
20:00 magnuse just very wet at the moment
20:00 library_systems_guy nah not bad
20:00 oleonard @wunder 45701
20:00 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 23.9�C (4:00 PM EDT on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 30%. Dew Point: 5.0�C. Pressure: 29.72 in 1006.3 hPa (Falling).
20:00 * magnuse wonders if a map supplement to this would be cool or creepy
20:00 wizzyrea showoff
20:00 oleonard :P
20:01 wizzyrea i vote cool
20:01 cait cool
20:01 wizzyrea i mean, to the town level
20:01 library_systems_guy cool...until i get a koha stalker
20:01 wizzyrea [probably not to my house]
20:01 magnuse could be done quite easily with Semantic Mediawiki...
20:01 bg @wunder 93109
20:01 huginn bg: The current temperature in Bel Air Knolls, Santa Barbara, California is 24.6�C (1:00 PM PDT on April 15, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 20%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.97 in 1014.8 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to 6 am PDT Saturday...
20:01 cait mediawiki...
20:02 oleonard library_systems_guy: We call those Twitter followers nowadays
20:02 cait hi bg
20:02 magnuse yeah, you could just place the pin smack in the center of "your" town
20:02 wizzyrea what he doesn't realize is... once you get involved with koha they're all your friends :P
20:02 library_systems_guy lol oleonard
20:02 magnuse koha_friends++
20:03 library_systems_guy wizzyrea: those sys admins will be trying to keep you up all the time
20:03 cait koha_friends++
20:03 library_systems_guy where is the bad pun user
20:03 wizzyrea hehehe
20:04 Guillaume1 left #koha
20:04 library_systems_guy do you guys use pidgin for IRC?
20:04 * jcamins uses irssi
20:04 oleonard Chatzilla here
20:04 sekjal library_systems_guy:  XChat-GNOME
20:04 cait I do
20:04 wizzyrea Colloquy, usually
20:04 * magnuse uses Colloquy on Mac (but not for long) and Xchat on Ubuntu
20:04 wizzyrea (with bip_
20:04 library_systems_guy what were your settings cait? mine keeps failing
20:05 * magnuse started using bip yesterday!
20:05 * sekjal also uses Colloquy when he's on a Mac
20:05 cait wwhoho magnuse
20:05 wizzyrea I actually like colloquy better than most irc clients :P
20:05 cait if you are asking about the identify thing... that doesn't work for me
20:05 cait what's your problem?
20:05 Guillaume1 joined #koha
20:06 library_systems_guy oh maybe thats what it is...the connect just fails for me
20:06 * wizzyrea is trying hard to like running Ubuntu. Really.
20:06 jcamins wizzyrea: Ubuntu's really cool.
20:06 library_systems_guy so im stuck using mibbit
20:06 library_systems_guy im using ubuntu
20:06 cait library_systems_guy: it works for me, only nickserv is complaining everytime I log on
20:07 jcamins Of course, I switched to a Mac, but I was perfectly happy with Ubuntu, and before that FreeBSD, for years.
20:07 wizzyrea jcamins: i know it is!
20:07 library_systems_guy lol well i might give xchat a quick look
20:07 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
20:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.2.x build #13: FIXED in 37 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/13/
20:07 jenkins_koha Frédéric Demians: Translations update for 3.2.7
20:09 * magnuse is plotting how to get rid of the mac and use linux full time
20:10 library_guy joined #koha
20:10 library_systems_guy magnuse stairs work well
20:10 cait oh, less to type  :)
20:11 library_guy oh yeah xchat ftw
20:11 library_guy dang
20:11 library_guy killed my first choice in username
20:11 library_guy :'(
20:11 library_systems_guy left #koha
20:11 library_guy left #koha
20:12 library_systems_guy joined #koha
20:12 magnuse oh no, is he gone?
20:12 library_systems_guy nope
20:12 library_systems_guy back
20:12 magnuse yay, he came back!
20:12 library_systems_guy synergy failed me
20:12 jcamins library_systems_guy: incidentally, in case you didn't recognize me, I'm Jared from ByWater.
20:12 library_systems_guy yeah i got you and ian
20:12 library_systems_guy nicole was just here
20:13 library_systems_guy she was the one that told me to get the latest version from master
20:13 * bg = brendan at ByWater - hiya
20:13 jcamins Okay, some people get confused by my last name.
20:13 library_systems_guy yeah the away kept throwing me off :p
20:13 * magnuse discovers that the wiki is already semantic (cool!) - now if we only had[…]ion:Semantic_Maps ...
20:13 * jcamins corrects himself: *everyone* gets confused by my last name. Some people just stay confused even after they've seen it written.
20:14 cait magnuse... or if we could go back to dokuwiki...
20:14 * cait hides
20:14 wizzyrea noo not doku >.<
20:14 * magnuse thinks jcamins has the coolest last name
20:14 cait yes.. I know I am an outsider
20:15 * wizzyrea pats cait
20:15 magnuse hehe, yeah let's have a little flame war about wikis! ;-)
20:15 library_systems_guy a flame war?
20:15 * cait better goes back to translate norwegian
20:15 cait ;)
20:15 magnuse cait:
20:16 magnuse um, flame war may not have been the word i was looking for
20:16 jcamins magnuse: thanks. People get doubly confused when they learn that my wife and I do not share any names.
20:16 wizzyrea bg: does bywater have any hybrid consortia? (schools, public, academic all together?)
20:16 magnuse cait: my plan is to translate the norwegian xslt into english, but not sure when
20:16 cait it's ok
20:16 cait and don't
20:16 * magnuse does not share any names with his wife either
20:16 cait i will have to translate it all again if you do that
20:17 cait jcamins: not so uncommon here
20:17 cait or having double name
20:17 cait s
20:17 magnuse cait: nah, it will mostly be the same as in english, i think
20:17 jcamins magnuse: why are there different XSLTs?
20:18 cait jcamins: not sure you really want to know that...
20:18 magnuse jcamins: i made xslts for normarc - and thought i might as well have them in norwegian, since only norwegians would be using them
20:18 magnuse #marcmustdie
20:18 * cait saw that hashtag coming
20:18 library_systems_guy * library_systems_guy agrees with magnuse
20:19 * magnuse turns out norwegian in xslt was probably not a good idea
20:19 magnuse thanks library_systems_guy
20:19 jcamins cait: the reason it's odd that I don't share any names with my wife is that I already have a hyphenated last name.
20:19 magnuse marc?
20:19 wahanui somebody said marc was the standard that isn't
20:19 magnuse hehe
20:19 wizzyrea @quote get 123
20:19 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
20:19 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
20:20 magnuse yay!
20:20 jcamins Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there?
20:20 wahanui Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is probably a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
20:20 oleonard Adios #koha
20:20 oleonard left #koha
20:20 wizzyrea wahanui: forget Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there?
20:20 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there
20:21 wizzyrea of course, he'll remember that every time we quote get that
20:21 jcamins Yup.
20:25 magnuse @quote get random
20:25 huginn magnuse: Error: 'random' is not a valid id.
20:25 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
20:25 magnuse @quote random
20:25 huginn magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
20:25 wizzyrea @quote random
20:25 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #85: "owen: Nothing says embracing my geekness like participating in an IRC meeting about software licenses!" (added by kf at 12:23 PM, July 14, 2010)
20:25 magnuse ooh, what are the chances of that?
20:25 magnuse @quote ransom
20:25 huginn magnuse: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
20:25 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
20:25 magnuse :-)
20:25 wizzyrea @quote random
20:25 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #116: "slef: It's probably some corrupt mix of double-encoding or ISO-8859-1 mislabelled as MARC-8 and the problem is rather similar to trying to reconstruct a pig from sausages, sorry." (added by wizzyrea at 05:10 PM, January 21, 2011)
20:25 library_systems_guy gotta go talk to me boss bbl
20:27 cait jcamins?
20:27 wahanui jcamins is supposed to be an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution, but short of a set of three sysprefs (ShelfBrowserUsesLocation, ShelfBrowserUsesCcode, and ShelfBrowserUsesHomeBranch), I don't really have any ideas.
20:27 wizzyrea that's epic
20:30 jcamins n:)
20:30 jcamins s/n//
20:31 wizzyrea is NateC still around?
20:31 NateC hi wizzyrea!
20:31 cait fredericd: I still can't moderate the suggestions on Pootle :(
20:32 wizzyrea do you know, does bywater have any hybrid consortia? (schools, public, academic all together?)
20:32 NateC MassCat
20:32 wizzyrea cool ty
20:32 wizzyrea :)
20:32 NateC np :)
20:35 magnuse bywater++ # just because
20:39 * magnuse wishes all of #koha a fine time of the day and wanders off to an early night
20:39 magnuse left #koha
20:48 wizzyrea kate_middletons_completely_weird_hats--
20:48 wizzyrea just had to.
20:56 cait :)
20:56 wizzyrea somehow I stumbled into a binge of looking at royal wedding stuff (after being completely... well, not completely, but mostly ignorant of the whole affair) and good lord
20:56 wizzyrea the hats are simply ludicrous!
20:57 wizzyrea and I even like non-baseball-cap hats
21:02 JesseM left #koha
21:04 library_systems_guy ok so I have a random question for you guys
21:04 library_systems_guy are most of you devels or do you actually work in libraries
21:05 cait not so easy to answer that
21:05 library_systems_guy do you do both?
21:05 * cait is a librarian, but not working in a library, and some say I am a developer.
21:05 library_systems_guy hmm thats interesting
21:05 cait I don't know in numbers, probably more developers
21:05 cait wizzyrea: what do you think?
21:06 * sekjal is also a librarian by training, but has been on the 'dark side' for over a year now
21:06 * cait hopes to get there :)
21:06 cait the dark side looks promising
21:06 library_systems_guy oh it is
21:06 * wizzyrea is in a position much like yours
21:06 wizzyrea but I work at a regional system.
21:07 wizzyrea and I'm not a degreed librarian, but could probably do it in a pinch ;)
21:07 wizzyrea let's see
21:07 cait my job is similar to wizzyrea's I think
21:07 library_systems_guy wizzyrea should probably be librarian_in_disguise
21:07 cait we support libraries
21:07 library_systems_guy oh ok
21:07 library_systems_guy that makes sense
21:08 cait offering different services for libraries, I work at a public institution, a library service center
21:08 wizzyrea certainly the Koha community population reflected here is more on the systems/dev side
21:08 library_systems_guy When you help libraries switch to koha do you get much resistance to the change
21:09 wizzyrea overall though, there are lots of librarians in the community. They are usually hiding behind the one or two techie representatives here..
21:09 wizzyrea I have not encountered it
21:09 wizzyrea Koha, overall, is very friendly to staff.
21:09 wizzyrea it has some rough spots, sure
21:09 Guillaume1 left #koha
21:09 library_systems_guy man I am getting so much push back at our library it is almost incomprehensible
21:10 wizzyrea but constant improvement really helps with that
21:10 wizzyrea constant and steady
21:10 library_systems_guy i agree, but I'm a devel
21:10 wizzyrea reeeallly
21:10 wizzyrea what are they pushing back about?
21:10 wizzyrea changing workflows?
21:10 cait we get positive feedback from our libraries too
21:10 library_systems_guy haha everything from the wording in the staff/opac to the way notices are sent
21:11 wizzyrea ohhh, wording
21:11 wizzyrea you should investigate
21:11 wizzyrea jquery library?
21:11 wizzyrea boo
21:11 wizzyrea sec
21:11 cait and very few questions about how something works, some smaller bugs and cataloging/data things
21:11 wizzyrea[…]ki/JQuery_Library
21:11 rhcl notices have improved a bit since we started using them, and the recent "fix" for the <date> helps
21:11 library_systems_guy oh yeah nicole told me about jquery
21:12 wizzyrea or you can go even further and make your own translation
21:12 cait yep you could do that
21:12 wizzyrea jquery library is found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
21:12 wizzyrea jquery library?
21:12 wahanui i heard jquery library was found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
21:12 * cait is doing that hehe
21:12 wizzyrea "the way notices are sent"
21:12 library_systems_guy I think this will be very helpful when i catch flack about the wording
21:13 library_systems_guy yeah...Koha only sends 3 apparently
21:13 wizzyrea I wonder how they want them to be sent?
21:13 library_systems_guy they want a notice sent until the fine is paid...i suppose until the end of time
21:13 wizzyrea !!!!
21:13 wizzyrea that could almost certainly be added
21:13 library_systems_guy thats the way they have it now
21:13 library_systems_guy exactly
21:13 library_systems_guy I suppose i should give you some background
21:14 NateC left #koha
21:14 library_systems_guy Nicole came to our library this week
21:14 wizzyrea file an enhancement bug!
21:14 wizzyrea :)
21:14 cait the question is if a patron that didn't care about 3 notices will care about 10
21:14 wizzyrea cool
21:14 wizzyrea cait: that's so true
21:14 library_systems_guy I agree with cait
21:14 sekjal this sounds like something to factor into a Notices Rewrite
21:14 cait but I have to say... we normally do four around here - the last one often threatening to send someone to collect the books
21:15 library_systems_guy yeah I thought I could maybe write that and submit it to the community
21:15 sekjal wherein we have arbitrary notices sent at user-configurable intervals
21:15 library_systems_guy break knee's and such lol
21:15 wizzyrea that would be great :) you get a spot in the history if you get a patch accepted :)
21:15 library_systems_guy sweet
21:15 cait and if you could make the notices listen to the calendar... you would have a very happy cait to talk to ;)
21:15 sekjal library_systems_guy:  do it!
21:15 cait you even get numbered
21:15 library_systems_guy haha yeah i just need to get down the submissions process
21:15 wizzyrea < 87
21:15 wizzyrea git?
21:15 wahanui it has been said that git is found at
21:16 cait hm 97 I think
21:16 wizzyrea git wiki?
21:16 wizzyrea version control?
21:16 wizzyrea hrmp
21:16 cait I was moved around because chris forgot a number, now I always forget mine
21:16 cait git
21:16 cait git?
21:16 wahanui freaking rules
21:16 library_systems_guy yeah git is new to me...i come from svn
21:16 wizzyrea[…]Control_Using_Git +[…]gn_off_on_patches
21:16 wizzyrea a great way to start is to sign off on patches
21:16 wizzyrea test them and resend
21:17 library_systems_guy ok cool
21:17 library_systems_guy yeah that would help me get familiar with the code base
21:17 jcamins Yes, signing off is a great idea!
21:17 wizzyrea *nod* exactly :)
21:17 jcamins I can suggest several super patches that you could sign off on.
21:18 library_systems_guy a super patch?
21:18 * jcamins looks around... huh, do you know I seem to be the one who escalated those bugs to "critical" ;)
21:18 library_systems_guy ohhh
21:18 wizzyrea probably he means "patches for his pet bugs"
21:18 library_systems_guy lol
21:18 jcamins Yeah.
21:18 library_systems_guy for shame
21:18 wizzyrea ^.^
21:18 jcamins But, they're good bugs.
21:18 wizzyrea I often sign off on patches for my pets
21:18 wizzyrea >.>
21:18 wizzyrea <.<
21:18 library_systems_guy i once had a pet named patches
21:19 jcamins One is for serious data corruption, the other is because authorities are broken with MARC21.
21:19 library_systems_guy but i suppose that is a different story
21:19 jcamins Well, actually, terrible bugs, but they're bugs that deserve sign offs.
21:19 library_systems_guy are they in bugzilla?
21:19 jcamins Yeah.
21:19 jcamins Bug 3072 and...
21:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
21:19 jcamins bug 5683
21:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5683 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, REOPENED, can corrupt records
21:20 * cait sends jcamins some cookies
21:21 wizzyrea you got a testing plan in place for that there chum?
21:21 wizzyrea :P
21:21 library_systems_guy ok, i hate to jet so soon but my girlfriend needs a ride home :'/
21:21 jcamins wizzyrea: yes.
21:21 library_systems_guy maybe we can pick back up on this monday?
21:21 library_systems_guy id love to get started
21:21 wizzyrea of course :)
21:21 library_systems_guy asap
21:21 library_systems_guy sweet
21:21 wizzyrea we're always around
21:21 wizzyrea well nto *always*
21:21 wizzyrea but someone is ;)
21:22 library_systems_guy haha
21:22 library_systems_guy ;)
21:22 library_systems_guy cya later
21:22 jcamins For bug 3072, if authority searches work with DOM enabled, the patch was successful.
21:22 jcamins The two searches that are currently broken are "any" and "main entry ($a only)"
21:22 library_systems_guy hmm
21:22 library_systems_guy ok
21:22 library_systems_guy ill take a look when i get to my home machine
21:22 jcamins For bug 5683, the second patch has a test.
21:23 jcamins I guess it should've been done in the other order, so you could see that it didn't work before the patch.
21:23 library_systems_guy haha
21:23 library_systems_guy jcamins i g2g give my gf a ride man
21:24 library_systems_guy ill hit you up with this on monday (or saturday if your around)
21:24 jcamins library_systems_guy: enjoy. I was telling wizzyrea what to do.
21:24 jcamins Yeah, I work Saturday-Wednesday.
21:24 library_systems_guy oops
21:24 library_systems_guy my bad
21:24 library_systems_guy lol
21:24 library_systems_guy ok cool
21:24 library_systems_guy later man
21:24 library_systems_guy left #koha
21:27 sekjal he has the right idea.... see y'all Monday (if not sooner)
21:27 sekjal left #koha
21:36 wizzyrea left #koha
21:39 druthb joined #koha
21:39 druthb o/
21:41 cait \o
21:48 sekjal joined #koha
21:49 sekjal left #koha
21:50 rhcl bye bye
21:50 rhcl left #koha
22:04 snail left #koha
22:12 druthb left #koha
22:21 cait left #koha
23:24 NateC joined #koha
23:25 NateC left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary