IRC log for #koha, 2010-12-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:38 * Brooke still wants to trade her slightly used Sunday in the States for Monday in NZ.
01:21 miguelxer left #koha
01:27 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
01:28 chris wb wizzyrea_
01:28 wizzyrea_ heya
01:29 jcamins Can someone who is not using one of my servers check whether the Host-item: prefix is configured by default in Koha?
01:29 jcamins I'm questioning my sanity, and it's only 8:30pm on Sunday.
01:30 jcamins Not a good sign.
01:30 chris what is the host item prefix?
01:30 jcamins 773$t.
01:30 jcamins Wait, no, sorry.
01:30 jcamins Host-item:
01:30 jcamins It searches 773$t.
01:30 chris ive never heard of it
01:30 chris i doubt its done by default
01:30 jcamins Probably because you work with sensible data. :)
01:31 chris :)
01:32 wizzyrea_ "Fauxha"
01:32 wizzyrea_ now THAT is funny.
01:32 chris ?
01:32 wizzyrea_ in reference to LEK
01:33 jcamins Fauxha?
01:33 jcamins Where is that?
01:33 ibot well, that is a risk you have to take... ;-)
01:33 jcamins What?
01:33 jcamins Oh.
01:33 jcamins I see.
01:33 wizzyrea_ yea, it's someone's funny name for LEK
01:33 chris :)
01:34 chris where did you see it?
01:34 jcamins My confusion was about ibot's response.
01:34 wizzyrea_ ohhhh
01:34 * jcamins thinks he'd better just be quiet.
01:34 wizzyrea_ nah, you need a good snuggle
01:35 jcamins I need another weekend.
01:35 jcamins Preferably a more productive one.
01:36 wizzyrea_ me too, but a more relaxing one
01:36 wizzyrea_ instead of productive
01:47 wizzyrea_ left #koha
02:08 hdl joined #koha
02:09 Brooke c'mon now, yer lads can't well lose to the Stinkvens, Chris.
02:31 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
02:33 Brooke time to turn in for nowish.
02:33 Brooke night #koha.
02:33 Brooke left #koha
03:12 chris @wunder wellington nz
03:12 munin chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 22.0�C (4:00 PM NZDT on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 15.0�C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Falling).
03:17 kmkale joined #koha
03:18 jcamins Any Mac users who can explain why my Documents folder just entirely vanished?
03:18 kmkale Good Morning #koha
03:18 jcamins I mean, the folder is still there, but it's no longer in all the menus.
03:18 jcamins Found the answer.
03:18 jcamins That's idiotic.
03:19 robin That's Mac.
03:19 jcamins robin: I love my Mac, mostly.
03:19 jcamins But seriously, click the wrong button and all the shortcuts disappear?
03:19 * robin is anti-mac, in case you didn't notice ;)
03:19 * jcamins is pro-problem-free setup
03:20 * chris is pro free software
03:20 chris so im in the anti-mac camp with robin im afraid
03:20 jcamins Yeah, I know.
03:21 jcamins I think I'll be needing more Cool-aid before I care, though.
03:21 jcamins ;)
03:21 robin heh
03:21 jcamins I mean, about the fact that the Mac is closed.
03:21 chris ah youve drunk the cool aid
03:21 chris you need anti cool aid :-)
03:22 * wizzyrea_ ditched her iPhone, but can't yet bring herslef to ditch her macbook.
03:23 wizzyrea_ maybe the next time I'm up for a new lappy
03:23 chris it took darling a couple of years
03:23 darling i ran ubuntu on it the last coupla
03:23 chris true
03:23 wizzyrea_ oh hey darling
03:23 darling mostly even worked
03:23 wizzyrea_ lol
03:23 darling hey wizzyrea !
03:24 darling er wizzyrea_
03:24 darling you wizzy's all look alike to me
03:24 wizzyrea_ hehehe
03:26 wizzyrea_ I'm going to have to get a bigger drive in this lappy if I'm going to run ubuntu on it.
03:26 robin ibot: osi model
03:26 ibot robin: huh?
03:26 robin ibot: osi model is shock, denial, guilt, anger, bargaining, hope, acceptance
03:26 ibot OK, robin.
03:27 chris heh
03:27 jcamins chris: if it makes you feel any better, I'm using only FLOSS.
03:28 jcamins (other than Mac OSX, obviously)
03:28 chris :)
03:28 miguelxer joined #koha
03:28 chris yeah its too late, youve already paid them :-)
03:30 robin ibot: seven-layer burrito is physical, data link, network, transport, session, presentation, application
03:30 ibot OK, robin.
03:30 robin ibot: seven stages of grief are lettuce, tomatoes, rice, beans, sour cream, cheese, guacamole
03:30 ibot OK, robin.
03:31 * robin enjoys infobots
03:33 robin ibot: damn you
03:33 ibot robin: sorry...
03:33 kmkale left #koha
03:33 robin ibot: damn you is <reply>\You fool! You've doomed us all!
03:33 ibot OK, robin.
03:33 robin ibot: literal damn you
03:33 ibot robin: sorry...
03:33 robin ibot: damn you
03:33 ibot robin: huh?
03:33 wizzyrea_ ibot: damn you
03:33 ibot wizzyrea_: sorry...
03:33 robin hrm
03:33 wizzyrea_ aw
03:33 robin ibot: damn you is <reply>You fool! You've doomed us all!
03:33 ibot i already had it that way, robin.
03:33 robin O_o
03:33 jcamins ibot: damn you <reply>You fool! You've doomed us all!
03:33 ibot jcamins: i'm not following you...
03:33 jcamins damn you?
03:33 ibot You fool! You've doomed us all!
03:34 wizzyrea_ LOL
03:34 robin how odd
03:34 jcamins Eventually we work it out.
03:34 robin ibot doesn't quite use the rules I'm familiar with it seems'
03:34 ibot robin: sorry...
03:34 robin ibot: so you should be
03:34 ibot robin: what?
03:34 bigbrovar left #koha
03:34 robin ibot: so you should be is <reply>may I have a cookie now please?
03:34 ibot i don't know, robin
03:34 robin ibot: so you should be is <reply>may I have a cookie now please
03:34 ibot robin: i haven't a clue
03:34 robin ibot: so \you should be is <reply>may I have a cookie now please?
03:34 ibot robin: bugger all, i dunno
03:34 robin ibot: so \you should be is <reply>may I have a cookie now please
03:34 ibot robin: no idea
03:35 robin ibot: so \you should be is <reply>may \I have a cookie now please
03:35 ibot robin: i haven't a clue
03:35 robin hrm
03:35 jcamins ibot: so you should be <reply>may I have a cookie now please?
03:35 ibot i don't know, jcamins
03:35 jcamins so you should be?
03:35 jcamins Hm.
03:35 robin Not sure what all the escape words are.
03:36 bigbrovar joined #koha
03:36 wizzyrea_ whisper
03:36 wizzyrea_ whisper?
03:36 ibot whisper is <repy> Speak up, we can't hear you!
03:36 robin see, it should have said something then, as I understand it.
03:36 wizzyrea_ whisper
03:36 robin maybe it requires the question mark
03:36 wizzyrea_ whisper?
03:36 ibot Speak up, we can't hear you!
03:37 robin the info bot I know (which is somewhat hacked up) doesn't need it.
03:37 jcamins postfix documentation
03:37 jcamins postfix documentation?
03:37 jcamins postfix instructions?
03:37 wizzyrea_ postfix?
03:37 ibot postfix is found at
03:38 jcamins wizzyrea_: thanks.
03:38 jcamins postfix
03:38 jcamins Yeah, definitely requires the question mark.
03:38 wizzyrea_ ubuntu?
03:38 wizzyrea_ oh don't tell me we don't have an entry for ubuntu...
03:38 wizzyrea_ debian/
03:38 wizzyrea_ ?
03:38 wizzyrea_ debian?
03:38 wizzyrea_ oi vey
03:40 wizzyrea_ i'm running around WoW picking up the new flight points. Because there's nothing to *do*
03:40 chris this button?
03:40 ibot dont push it, it's the history eraser button you fool!
03:40 * wizzyrea_ pushes the button
03:40 jcamins wizzyrea_: what?
03:41 wizzyrea_ there's nothing to *do* in World of Warcraft right now
03:41 wizzyrea_ it's terribly boring
03:41 wizzyrea_ 2 days till the expansion
03:42 jcamins Where would I find a CC-licensed picture of a binder's error?
03:42 wizzyrea_ flickr?
03:43 jcamins Yeah, that's where I'm looking now.
03:43 jcamins Kind of hard to search for, though.
03:43 wizzyrea_ there's a search specifically for CC licensing, unless you mean the *content* is hard to search for, not the license
03:44 jcamins The content's hard to search for.
03:44 wizzyrea_ ah yea
03:44 jcamins I *love* the CC search.
03:44 wizzyrea_ I bet that is not something that people would generally think of taking CC pics of
03:44 robin I dunno. I just have it set to CC all my photos by default. Others probably do the same.
03:44 chris
03:47 wizzyrea_ oh, the spud is up
03:47 wizzyrea_ lol what now.
03:52 robin[…]-optimizing-perl/
04:05 wizzyrea_ well, good night, folks: kiddo wants to snuggle :)
04:05 wizzyrea_ left #koha
04:06 hdl left #koha
04:13 braedon|h joined #koha
04:22 kmkale joined #koha
04:23 kmkale good morning
04:30 jcamins Morning?
04:30 jcamins Ah!
04:30 jcamins That means it's really late here!
04:30 robin jcamins: naw, it's only 17:30
04:31 jcamins Funny, it feels like 23:32 to me.
04:31 jcamins Good night, #koha
04:31 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
04:33 braedon|h @wunder auckland
04:33 munin braedon|h: The current temperature in Auckland, New Zealand is 21.0�C (5:00 PM NZDT on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
04:36 kmkale left #koha
04:50 hdl joined #koha
05:00 hdl left #koha
05:04 hdl joined #koha
05:11 hdl left #koha
05:15 hdl joined #koha
05:19 hdl1 joined #koha
05:21 hdl left #koha
05:37 kmkale joined #koha
05:40 cait joined #koha
05:40 cait good morning #koha
05:41 brendan_l morning cait
05:41 cait hi brendan
05:41 cait @wunder Konstanz
05:41 munin cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 0.3�C (6:40 AM CET on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 96%. Dew Point: -0.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.57 in 1001.2 hPa (Steady).
05:42 robin @wunder wellington, nz
05:42 munin robin: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0�C (6:00 PM NZDT on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
05:45 kmkale left #koha
05:49 * cait waves to robin
05:49 robin hi there
05:49 kmkale joined #koha
05:50 hdl1 left #koha
06:08 * cait forgot her mysql password - again
06:13 cait hm found it
06:13 alex_a joined #koha
06:31 robin I always stick them in a text file somewhere.
06:33 cait hehe
06:34 cait @later tell owen patch pushed, rebased, small correction added - are we ready for qa? (bug 5422)
06:34 munin cait: The operation succeeded.
06:34 cait robin: I would probably loose the text file or accidently publish it on the internet
06:34 robin heh
06:38 robin man, I wrote my csv2marc script to handle comma and tab separated files, I mean, what else are you going to get sent? Today I get a '~'-separated file.
06:38 cait one of my coworkers uses %%%
06:38 robin erk, seriously? My script will never handle that - it requires it to be a single character.
06:38 kmkale I use |
06:38 cait trying to choose something that will not show up in the data (and of course it did)
06:38 robin I like tabs.
06:39 cait we are shocking robin :)
06:39 kmkale :)
06:39 robin If things are properly quoted and escaped, it won't be a problem. Of course, something things (/me glares at liberty) can't export things correctly quoted and escaped.
06:40 cait kmkale: sorry, had no time to test your patch :( but it's still on my to do list
06:40 bigbrovar left #koha
06:40 * cait hands robin a cookie
06:40 robin :D
06:41 kmkale Cool cait. I did my first ever sign off with fredericd's guidance :)
06:42 cait cool :)
06:42 kmkale cait: what about your patch needing sign off I tried on sat? is it reworked yet?
06:42 cait I rebased it 5 minutes ago :)
06:43 kmkale cool
06:43 kmkale send it. It will give me some practice :)
06:43 cait if you give me your email I will send it to you directly?
06:43 kmkale
06:43 cait ok :)
06:45 cait ok, sent :)
06:45 cait I will add it to the bug too
06:46 kmkale yup. Will try this afternoon and reply.
06:47 cait thx!
06:55 chris cait: chris has done some more work, hasnt fixed the umlauts or the sysprefs but he thinks he has fixed the other things like the about page, if you get a chance to look
06:55 cait morning chris
06:56 cait ok, will try to take a look at it later :)
06:56 kmkale hi chris :)
06:56 cait the umlauts are a bigger problem?
06:57 chris no, we just havent looked at that one yet
06:57 cait ok
06:57 cait hm, I did it wrong - have checked out my local branch for 3.2.x and wanted to update it, but now I have merge conflicts...
07:03 cait ok, figured it out
07:10 kmkale I usually throw expletives at git till it figures it out ;)
07:12 cait hehe
07:12 cait I ignored it and started a new branch
07:13 laurence joined #koha
07:14 cait chris: working on bug 5423 again - is it ok to not send a separate patch for 3.2.x if the only thing that needs change is the version numbers?
07:14 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5423 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED, Deleted Patrons are no longer saved in table deletedborrowers
07:18 cait time to get some breakfast
07:19 chris no just note, "Should apply to 3.2 as well"
07:20 chris to make it easy for chris_n
07:23 cait o
07:23 cait k
07:28 cait kmkale: I sent you a slightly reformatted patch, adding the note for chris_n and changing version numbers
07:28 kmkale ok cait
07:36 cait thx again :)
07:43 kmkale left #koha
07:44 cait ok, time to leave - back in a few minutes
07:44 cait left #koha
07:54 stephane_ joined #koha
08:18 kf joined #koha
08:18 kf snow + heavy rain = too much water :(
08:19 ivanc joined #koha
08:19 kf guten morgen ivanc
08:20 ivanc guten morgen kf
08:21 sophie_m joined #koha
08:21 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:21 munin kf: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 1.0�C (9:00 AM CET on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Pressure: 29.54 in 1000 hPa (Falling).
08:47 francharb joined #koha
08:47 francharb left #koha
08:51 chris What's this button?
08:51 ibot dont push it, it's the history eraser button you fool!
08:52 kf poor ibot
08:52 kf ibot botsnack cookie
08:52 ibot thanks kf :)
08:52 kf chris?
08:52 ibot it has been said that chris is awesome
08:52 bigbrovar joined #koha
08:53 kf fredericd: around?
08:54 hdl joined #koha
08:57 kf hi hdl
09:09 magnus joined #koha
09:16 magnus kia ora, #koha
09:17 robin ka kite, magnus
09:17 kf ata marie magnus
09:18 magnus robin: translation?
09:18 magnus hiya kf
09:18 robin goodbye :) I'm just about to leave.
09:18 robin bye kf, and others too :)
09:19 kf bye robin :)
09:23 magnus ah, bye robin
09:28 kf oh my
09:28 kf every time I start to work on a bug I find other things that need to be fixed
09:28 kf hmpf.
09:29 magnus well, it's good that they are found!
09:30 kf hmpf
09:37 kf fredericd: I talked to chris_n - he was positive about inlcuding updated po files in the 3.2.x versions
09:37 fredericd kf: So you see that new strings are missing on Pootle.
09:37 kf I think what needs to be done is update the  po files
09:38 kf when I tested the bug I got them into the po files with a normal perl translate update de-DE
09:38 fredericd 'new strings' mean strings which entered Koha code recently. But how recently?
09:38 kf that's how I confirmed that the patch worked correctly
09:38 kf after 3.2
09:38 fredericd kf: yes
09:38 kf but I am not sure when the po files were last updated, perhaps we were missing some things for 3.2 too
09:38 fredericd chris: When .po files you send me were updated for the last time?
09:39 kf fredericd: do you see a problem with updating them to the current 3.2.1?
09:40 kf I think zeno posted a nice timeline we could use
09:40 fredericd kf: We have to define a workflow and be sure it's ok with 3.2 RM
09:40 kf I think at the moment there is no project for 3.4
09:40 kf and chris_n was ok with what zeno posted
09:42 kf not saying we shouldn't talk to him too
09:43 kf http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ovember/date.html
09:43 kf there are the mails about a timetable for translators
10:15 chris_n` joined #koha
10:18 chris_n left #koha
10:18 fredericd kf: send a email to translatore list. Thanks for your help.
10:19 kf fredericd: ?
10:19 kmkale joined #koha
10:19 kmkale fredericd: around?
10:20 kf fredericd: ah, now I see it. sorry. have to deal with some problems here right now (not translation related)
10:21 fredericd kmkale: yes
10:43 kmkale left #koha
10:59 kmkale joined #koha
11:06 slef 14:58:43 <kf> slef is not listening it seems... so I will keep practice for now
11:07 slef slef is always listening.  I just wasn't very well :-)
11:09 braedon|h SLEF HEARS ALL
11:10 slef Now if only I knew all, too, that might be useful.
11:11 braedon|h well, its a start
11:12 braedon|h s/its/it's/
11:16 * kf hides
11:19 braedon|h none can hide from the great listening power of slef!
11:20 slef oh if only
11:28 magnus is now known as magnus_a
11:29 * kf waves to slef from her hiding place
11:43 slef and another ex-LibLime leaves PTFS... John Rose to III says
11:45 laurence left #koha
11:47 kf slef: have you seen the nekls mail on the mailing list?
11:48 slef kf: no. I might not even open that mailbox until after lunch :-(  Got Message-Id: or URL if you'd like me to look?
11:49 kmkale left #koha
11:49 kf I wil copy you the url - just thought it might be interesting
11:50 kf[…]ember/026526.html
11:50 * kf hands slef a yummy cookie without any chocolate
11:50 kf to make this monday a bit easier
11:52 slef interesting, but bah, .doc
11:52 kf not my fault ;)
11:52 slef Can we make wizzyrea his boss?
12:00 kmkale joined #koha
12:06 nengard joined #koha
12:11 kf hi nengard
12:11 nengard morning :)
12:23 kf can someone check if his borrowers table is missing the privacy column? I think it shoudl always be there and missing in deletedborrowers - but we had a strange problem right now wile testing it
12:23 kf his or her borrowers table :)
12:24 slef I'll look on a fairly recent site.
12:24 nengard kf, privacy was removed for 3.2 release
12:24 kf where?
12:24 nengard cause it wasn't fully developed
12:24 kf the sys pref yes
12:25 nengard the sys pref was removed too
12:25 kf but I don't think the colunn was removed
12:25 laurence joined #koha
12:25 nengard oh
12:25 nengard okay
12:25 kf nengard: sorry, this day is killing me
12:25 kf monday--
12:25 nengard no problem at all
12:25 slef kf: I don't see it in borrowers... oh, you want a 3.2 copy?
12:25 kf I looked at kohastructure.sql - privacy is in borrowers but not in deletedborrowers
12:26 slef it'll take me longer to find it :-/
12:26 kf and this is the problem I tried to fix, because it breaks borrower deletion
12:26 slef kf: does updatedatabase* mention it at all?
12:26 kf slef: yes,[…]82450b831;hb=HEAD
12:26 kf 2791 $DBversion = "";
12:26 kf but still only borrowers
12:27 kf kmkale tried to sign-off on my bug - but in his database privacy was missing from borrowers
12:27 kf which really confused me
12:31 kf hm, looks like the database had some issues
12:38 jwagner joined #koha
12:53 collum joined #koha
13:11 laurence left #koha
13:13 Nate joined #koha
13:21 magnus_a is now known as magnus
13:22 jwagner kf, online?
13:22 kf here
13:23 kf hi jwagner
13:23 jwagner I just got a patches list email for your kits patch, but the mail's datestamp was Wed 9/15/2010 7:22 PM -- is your computer's date off?
13:23 jwagner (and good morning)
13:24 kf yes it is
13:24 kf virtual box... *sighs*
13:24 kf ALWAYS forget resetting it
13:25 jwagner OK, just wondered if I was hallucinating or time-traveling this morning :-)
13:25 kf no, it's me having a real bad monday
13:25 * jwagner sends sympathy and cookies
13:28 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
13:28 chris_n slef?
13:28 ibot slef is an avid cyclist
13:29 kf hi chris_n
13:29 kf chris_n?
13:29 ibot chris_n is, like, wright :-[
13:29 * chris_n thought slef is always listening
13:29 chris_n heya kf
13:34 kf chris_n: I am wondering what has to be done to add a new sys pref?
13:35 chris_n kf: it has to be added to the yaml files and to the database (ie. mandatory sysprefs file and
13:35 owen joined #koha
13:35 kf ok
13:35 kf so you need to add it to all languages, right?
13:35 chris_n correct
13:35 owen Hi #koha
13:36 chris_n its a bit of a chore at the moment imho
13:36 chris_n g'morning owen
13:36 kf hi owen
13:36 kf yeah - and I can imagine people will miss one of the many places
13:37 chris_n it would be cool to have a script one could run on the yaml files and check/update/add the sysprefs to the db
13:37 kf hm. de-DE 276 lines, en 277
13:38 kf we don't really need the translated sys pref file any longer - can it always use en?
13:39 owen left #koha
13:40 kf chris_n: there are already 2 patches missing as it seems
13:40 kf :(
13:41 chris_n ?
13:41 kf de-DE is missing homeorholdingbranchreturn
13:42 chris_n kf: there are some fields which are not needed any longer due to the yaml
13:42 chris_n ahh
13:42 kf when you set up your database using sample sys prefs in German, it will miss a sys pref - I have not checked the other files
13:42 owen joined #koha
13:43 kf that's not good :(
13:43 chris_n yup, it is a process fraught with potential problems
13:43 chris_n it requires a good understanding of how the (rather convoluted) system preference system works
13:44 kf pl-PL has only 262 lines
13:44 kf chris_n: this problem appears in a lot of places - I fixed a lot of things for 3.2 - making the web installers work again for some languages
13:44 kf but there are still some problems remaining
13:44 kf another problem is the permissions table
13:44 kf the description there is really used by koha, so it makes sense to translate it
13:45 kf but people forget to add to all language files
13:45 kf just telling you, so you can keep an eye on it ;)
13:45 chris_n right
13:45 chris_n those things should be caught by good QA
13:45 kf yeah, but we are only human
13:45 kf I will open a bug
13:46 schuster joined #koha
13:46 chris_n also a right-up on the wiki would probably help
13:47 kf which page are you thinking?
13:52 fredericd kf: for permissions I wrote a test: xt/permissions.t
13:52 kf fredericd++
13:52 kf can something similar be done to sys prefs?
13:53 kf or perhaps we should always use en, not that the description is translatable via the yaml files
13:53 kf could this be done?
13:53 fredericd this is already there for DB syspref: xt/syspref.t
13:54 kf ah
13:54 kf why does it not kick in for Homeorholdingbranchreturn?
13:54 kf because hudson is installed with en only?
13:55 fredericd but my opinion is that we should focus on templates syspref and find a way to generate DB syspref from them.
13:55 fredericd If I run prove -v xt/syspref.t I capture missing Homeorholdingbranchreturn for DE
13:56 fredericd Maybe Hudson doesn't run xt tests but just 't'
13:56 fredericd (a supposition)
13:56 kf fredericd: I think this is possible
13:56 kf I will make a note to ask chris later
13:57 kf still filing a bug - so we have a place to document things
13:58 kf hm even 2 missing
13:58 * kf wonders about the other
13:59 kf but it does not find changed sys prefs
13:59 kf like the changed default value for tagsmoderation
14:07 bigbrovar left #koha
14:09 fredericd kf: The test just do a hash of syspref names and compares to 'en' hash each other language. It could be possible to compare also default value...
14:10 fredericd When you add to that the templating syspref, you can imagine the complexity...
14:11 kf you mean the .pref files?
14:11 kf yeah, I know it's complicated - I only think we need to be mroe careful
14:11 kf monday--
14:11 kf or find a better way doing it
14:12 kf using the translation tools for translation instead of sql files for example
14:13 nengard hey all - didn't someone write a snippet of code to hide the login box from the opac?
14:13 nengard was that on owen's blog maybe ...
14:13 kf people may want to have their own sample borrowers, but system parameters and permissions are only copied for translation
14:14 owen nengard: You can do it in the CSS
14:14 kf nengard: there is a sys pref too I think
14:14 kf borrowerlogin?
14:14 nengard kf i want them to be able to login - i just don't want that box to show
14:14 nengard owen, what am i looking for in the css?
14:14 nengard and was it on your blog?
14:14 owen #login
14:14 kf opacuserlogin
14:14 kf ah ok :)
14:14 owen I don't think I wrote about that specifically
14:14 jwagner This hides the login box on the main page: $('#login').hide();
14:14 kf #login {display:none;}
14:15 nengard you did : #login { display: none; }
14:15 kf using css is a bit better than jquery - will work even if people have javascript off
14:15 owen kf++
14:16 kf it's easy if someone tells you the id ;) owen++
14:18 fredericd Am I alone? For me Holds doesn't work on 3.2...
14:19 nengard fredericd how so?
14:19 fredericd C4::Reserves::CanBookBeReserved function build insane MySQL query to issuingrules table
14:19 fredericd And so, there isn't ever any result...
14:20 fredericd Example of wrong SQL WHERE clause: WHERE categorycode IN ('SI', '*') AND branchcode = '*' AND itemtype = '*'
14:22 owen kf, I'm looking at Bug 5467
14:22 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5467 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW, LDR pos 6 o = Kit should not show as visual material
14:22 owen Is there a reason why $leader6='o' and $leader6='p' are given the same icon?
14:23 owen Could we give $leader6='p' its own icon?
14:24 sekjal joined #koha
14:25 kf owen: we could of course
14:25 kf I thought mixed materials and kit are similar enough to share one icon
14:25 kf and in the process discovered that the icon for mixed materials was never there
14:25 * owen is looking up the LOC definition of kit
14:25 kf today is really one of these days
14:26 kf fredericd: try adding a rule for default default default...
14:27 * owen finds that what his library has always classified as a kit sounds more like "mixed materials"
14:28 kf hehe
14:29 magnus oh no!
14:30 owen We circulate these picture book + audio cassette sets, and we've always called them "kits"
14:30 schuster There was talk at KohaCon some people during Hackfest were going to do some work on the MARC frameworks?  Did that move forward?
14:31 schuster owen - sorry...  That's an soundcassette...
14:31 schuster :)
14:31 tcohen joined #koha
14:31 schuster But you can call them whatever you want!
14:32 owen "o (Kit) - entity is issued as a single unit; no type of material predominates"
14:32 owen But later "intended primarily for instructional purposes"
14:33 owen Some of them have 000 6 i "Nonmusical sound recording"
14:33 schuster We have lots of Kits in education but a lot of them are going away due to the electronic and digital age thank goodness!
14:34 schuster Depends on who cataloged the items and how "complete" and persnicketty they are about MARC...
14:38 * owen would be more interested in the solution if it didn't involve a mass update of MARC records in his catalog
14:41 nengard webinar time - be back when it's done
14:41 nengard left #koha
14:46 slef chris_n: I am. It just takes me a while to reply :)
14:49 schuster owen - is a rule follower I see... :)
14:50 kmkale bye all good night
14:50 jcamins_a is now known as jcamins
14:50 jcamins Good morning, #koha
14:50 kmkale left #koha
14:50 magnus good day jcamins
14:51 sekjal is now known as sekjal_a
14:57 jwagner is now known as jwag_mtg
14:57 * magnus goes outside to shovel some snow
14:57 magnus is now known as magnus_a
14:57 * owen thinks that sounds better than a morning meeting
15:01 * kf still waits for her shoes and socks to dry
15:04 kf owen++ thx for signoff :)
15:13 trea joined #koha
15:30 kf owen: did you get my message?
15:30 owen Yes
15:31 owen I think those changes are ready for another set of eyes
15:33 hdl left #koha
15:36 kf ok, what do we do now? send a pull request to chris?
15:36 kf or put a sign-off on bugzilla?
15:37 owen I think send a pull request to the patches list?
15:40 sekjal_a is now known as sekjal
15:42 kf ok, will do that later
16:05 nengard joined #koha
16:06 rhcl joined #koha
16:10 kf robin: awake?
16:12 cfouts joined #koha
16:37 magnus_a kf: a little early for the nzlanders, perhaps?
16:39 jwag_mtg is now known as jwagner
16:40 kf yeah, think so
16:40 kf was working on bug 5466
16:40 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5466 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW, Allow currency to be set during order creation
16:40 kf ah no, wrong number :)
16:42 kf bug 5173
16:42 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5173 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED, Allow the discount to be editable
16:42 kf this one
16:49 Oak joined #koha
16:50 Oak left #koha
16:57 kf ok, time to go home - bye all!
16:58 kf left #koha
17:08 stephane_ left #koha
17:11 tcohen left #koha
17:15 sophie_m left #koha
17:55 nengard left #koha
17:59 owen What is the syntax for running from the command line?
18:01 jwagner owen, I don't think it has any particular syntax, other than perl
18:02 owen I was hoping I was just doing it wrong. I'm getting an error: Use of uninitialized value $pickup_branch in exists at line 267.
18:02 nengard joined #koha
18:03 francharb joined #koha
18:03 jwagner sounds like a bug, then....
18:04 francharb left #koha
18:04 Nickname joined #koha
18:10 Nickname left #koha
18:11 sekjal owen:  looks like a data issue to me.  would have to check how $pickup_branch is populated to be sure, though
18:11 gregb joined #koha
18:14 gregb hi all
18:14 gregb anyone on with wisdom re: unAPI links?
18:16 gregb or more generally, with regard to using Koha through an Apache proxy?
18:19 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
18:19 jcamins gregb: I'm not sure what you're asking.
18:20 jcamins I don't know much about unAPI, but I do recall that there was an issue in older versions where the unAPI link was embedded twice, which broke some software that uses unAPI (like Zotero).
18:20 gregb My employer is going live next month on Liblime-hosted Harley and I am trying to set up an Apache proxy for same, but the absolute href links to unAPI are giving me grief.
18:21 gregb My main question is whether these links need to use a fully qualified host name, or whether they might be regarded as bugs.
18:21 jcamins I don't know, and if it's Harley, there probably won't be anyone else here who does.
18:22 gregb the same links are in mainstream Koha if I'm not mistaken
18:23 owen Like this? <link rel="unapi-server" type="application/xml" title="unAPI" href="http://localhost:88/cgi-bin/koha/unapi" />
18:23 gregb yes those
18:24 gregb I know I can probably work around them with some Rewrite directives on the proxy, but for simplicity I'd rather not if Koha (and/or Harley) could be modified to simply not do that =)
18:26 owen gregb: How are using unapi?
18:27 gregb Honestly, I've no idea how it is used, just that its use of a fully qualified host name is not going to work in the simplest case for proxying.
18:28 gregb What I want to avoid is rewriting the entire HTML throughput rather than just HTTP headers.
18:29 owen FWIW, removing the part of the template that echos the base URL doesn't break Zotero integration
18:29 gregb So, if these were relative links they still "just work"? That is good to hear
18:30 owen left #koha
18:32 owen joined #koha
18:43 Augustan joined #koha
18:43 Augustan Hello, anyone awake?
18:44 Augustan left #koha
18:47 jcamins I guess he didn't care that much.
18:54 owen sekjal: Re:, what kind of data problem do you think?
18:54 nengard does the statistics table track cataloging stats too? or just circ?
18:55 owen sekjal: My reserves table has valid data in branchcode
18:55 wizzyrea_ owen: what problem are you having?
18:55 wizzyrea_ (you can give the short version, if that helps)
18:55 owen I'm getting an error when running Use of uninitialized value $pickup_branch in exists at line 267.
18:59 sekjal owen: your reserves.branchcode value should be what you need there
18:59 sekjal so, not sure why it's erring
19:00 chris That's a warning not an error
19:00 chris But the reason why its occuring is as sekjal said
19:01 sekjal owen: do you have any rows in reserves with a null biblionumber?  (is that even possible?)
19:01 wizzyrea_ Hm, what do you think, duplicate the 3.2.2 string freeze note from chris_n on the website?
19:02 chris wizzyrea_: one vote from me
19:03 wizzyrea_ well I think that's the kind of stuff we want on there, right?
19:03 chris Yep
19:04 wizzyrea_ alright. I'll add it and we can remove it if there's an uproar (though I doubt there will be)
19:04 chris Its important info
19:04 chris_n tnx wizzyrea
19:04 chris Good for it to be widely seen
19:05 * chris_n would have done that, but today has been one of "them" days
19:05 wizzyrea_ no worries, I got your back. ;)
19:06 * owen just heard the "hold found" audio cue and had no idea where it was coming from
19:06 chris Heh
19:12 owen sekjal: It looks like the warning comes from having a non-consecutive holds priority number (that should sound familiar)
19:12 owen I had a title with two holds: The first was number 1, the second was number 3
19:12 owen Changing the priority of the second to two resulted in no warnings
19:13 sekjal interesting... so for every priority value from min to max, there is an entry...
19:13 * sekjal mumbles to himself for a bit
19:14 owen I'm guessing checks through each hold from priority value min-to-max?
19:16 chris Looks that way
19:17 chris Which is harmless and we should suppress the warn by fixing the call
19:18 * owen just wanted to test Bug 2808...
19:18 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2808 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Hold queue not alphabetizing
19:19 chris :)
19:20 chris Is it alphabetised now?
19:20 owen My original patch didn't cover the "holds over" tab so I'm doing more work on it
19:21 owen ...maybe because I didn't have any "holds over" at the time, I don't know.
19:23 chris Sounds plausible
19:24 fredericd I need help with reservations
19:25 fredericd I do a reservation on an item which is checked out.
19:25 fredericd I return this item.
19:25 fredericd I fill the hold for this item for a patron
19:25 fredericd A message is added to message_queue for this patron...
19:25 fredericd BUT message_transport_type is print. I would like email.
19:26 fredericd I see in Notice that I have 2 notices: HOLD and HOLD_PRINT. How can I select HOLD rather than HOLD_PRINT??
19:26 chris I think its a preference
19:26 chris You set per borrower
19:26 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
19:27 chris And they can choose on the opac too
19:27 trea left #koha
19:27 wizzyrea left #koha
19:27 trea joined #koha
19:27 chris I can't look now, but I think at the bottom of the moremember page ?
19:28 fredericd chris: yes
19:29 chris I think you can change it from print to email there?
19:29 chris If you want to do all borrowers might need to run some sql?
19:29 fredericd chris: yes
19:30 fredericd (I'm on another chan discuting Pootle stuff :-)
19:30 chris My work here is done, and just in time its my stop
19:30 chris Oh the suggestions are stored in the .po I think
19:31 chris So they should have come across, but not sure about that
19:31 chris If not no I don't think we can migrate them
19:31 * chris will brb
19:32 jwagner fredericd, the HOLD_PRINT notice only comes into play if the patron does not have an email address and you're running the print notice script for creating hold print notices
19:32 jwagner See Bug 3482
19:32 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3482 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Print overdue and hold notices for patrons without email addresses
19:33 owen Why would a patch apply fine with "git apply" but fail with "Patch format detection failed" when I use "git am" ?
19:35 fredericd jwagner: thanks. I think my patron has an email. I'm running and the queue has been populated by return screen
19:35 rhcl RE: holds discussion above. I don't have a good context for the previous, but one thing we've noticed is that printing out the holds results in a separate page for each hold.
19:36 rhcl Would be better to keep one header and just list each hold as lines items.
19:36 rhcl line items
19:40 fredericd I don't find where to select for a patron his prefered transport mode for notices, email or print
19:42 fredericd I've seen EnhancedMessagingPreferences syspref. But I don't think it's the solution
19:46 chris owen: if its not an email format then am wont be happy
19:46 * chris_n accidentally attempts to do a thing as 'rot' rather than 'root' :-P
19:48 jwagner fredericd, patrons can't select whether to get email or print (unless they just delete their email address).  It's not configurable.  The print notices for overdues and holds were meant as a fallback, so that usable text could be generated and printed if there wasn't an email address.
19:48 chris not entirely true
19:48 chris you can choose to get issue slips emailed to you
19:49 chris and it is only very recently that the patron has lost the ability to choose
19:50 jwagner chris, by issue slips, do you mean the checkout notice? That & the others (checkin, due) are handled differently.
19:50 chris there was a preferredcontact column, where they could choose
19:51 chris preferredcont
19:51 chris we should bring that back
19:52 jwagner I'm not remembering this at all.  Where was it?  Am I just having a senior moment?  (Don't answer that last one....)
19:52 chris in the borrowers table
19:53 chris by recently i mean either 3.0 or 3.2
19:53 chris it was definitely there in 2.2.9
19:54 owen chris's Koha timescale gives him a different range for "recently" than most ;)
19:54 chris :)
19:57 jwagner That would be why I don't remember seeing it, then :-)
19:57 jwagner Yes, if all the notices and other contact stuff could obey a "preferred" flag, that would be great.
20:01 hudsonbot Starting build 186 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:01 * owen wonders what makes a hold qualify for the "holds over" tab anyway...
20:01 wizzyrea_ a hold that's been on the shelf past it's expiration date
20:03 owen wizzyrea_: Expiration date as defined where?
20:04 owen Oh I see it in the script, ReservesMaxPickUpDelay
20:07 wizzyrea_ right, after the item has sat on a shelf for X days, it expires, and goes to the Hold Over tab
20:07 munin New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5457: requires explicit stylesheet <[…]890ca2706dc41e86c>
20:07 * owen proposes changing that tab label from "XX Hold(s) over" to "XX Hold(s) expired"
20:09 sekjal The "holds over" aren't actually expired, though, in the sense that they have (and have passed) their expiration date
20:09 sekjal if you run the job, for example, these items remain untouched
20:09 sekjal err, not items, holds
20:10 owen sekjal: I agree it's a little ambiguous. Do you have any suggestions?
20:10 * owen finds the "over" even more ambiguous
20:10 drulm joined #koha
20:11 sekjal I was thinking of adding a flag to cancel_expired_holds that would allow the user to say whether 'holds over' should be cancelled or not
20:11 sekjal or at least give expirationdate = waitingdate + ReservesMaxPickUpDelay
20:12 owen "pickup date passed" ?
20:12 sekjal "stale holds"?
20:12 cfouts left #koha
20:13 sekjal "holds waiting too long" ?
20:13 wizzyrea_ Still awaiting pickup
20:13 sekjal "seriously, guys, pick up your holds, already!" ?
20:13 chris heh
20:15 drulm < Report from future > Koha 10.0 is at 80% of all ILS systems installed < / Report from future >
20:17 drulm left #koha
20:17 munin New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5460: AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to invalid value in sysprefs.sql <[…]63ac4ec27aceccb79>
20:17 wizzyrea_ Give up, they're not coming
20:17 owen Damn, I was about to ask him how the second tab on was labeled in Koha 10.0.
20:17 ivanc left #koha
20:18 wizzyrea_ hehehehe
20:18 ivanc joined #koha
20:18 wizzyrea_ it's called "fds aweever safwefer"
20:18 wizzyrea_ meaning: hold over
20:18 wizzyrea_ ^
20:18 wizzyrea_ ^.^
20:18 owen That's after Koha's official development language shifts to "gibberish?"
20:19 jcamins fds aweever safwefer?
20:19 wizzyrea_ exactly
20:19 * owen will be okay with anything but lolcat
20:19 wizzyrea_ I can has pickup?
20:20 wizzyrea_ oh anything *but* lolcat
20:22 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #186: SUCCESS in 21 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/186/
20:22 hudsonbot Ian Walls: Bug 5457: requires explicit stylesheet
20:23 hudsonbot Starting build 187 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:23 sekjal :)
20:24 rhcl yea, apparently there's a default stylesheet, which I haven't identified yet, but there is the option to specify an alternate stylesheet
20:30 hdl joined #koha
20:35 * owen needs to be better about recording in his commits what *hasn't* been done as much as what has
20:35 hdl !meeting list
20:35 hdl @list
20:35 munin hdl: Admin, Alias, Bugzilla, Channel, Config, Dict, Factoids, Filter, Games, Google, Herald, Internet, Karma, Lart, Later, MARC, Math, MeetBot, Misc, News, Note, Owner, Plugin, Quote, Seen, Todo, URL, Unix, User, Utilities, and Weather
20:36 hdl @help MeetBot
20:36 munin hdl: Error: There is no command "meetbot".
20:36 wizzyrea_ @list meetbot
20:36 munin wizzyrea_: addchair, deletemeeting, listmeetings, pingall, recent, and savemeetings
20:37 hdl thanks wizzyrea
20:37 * hdl thought that there was much more commands.
20:37 hdl @list Todo
20:37 munin hdl: add, change, remove, search, setpriority, and todo
20:38 hdl @list Utilities
20:38 munin hdl: apply, echo, ignore, last, shuffle, and success
20:38 munin New commit(s) kohagit: Incremental fix for Bug 3285 - Location on Add Subscription should be pull down <[…]e14012933a67793e7>
20:40 ivanc left #koha
20:45 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #187: SUCCESS in 22 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/187/
20:45 hudsonbot Ian Walls: Bug 5460: AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to invalid value in sysprefs.sql
20:46 hudsonbot Starting build 188 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:46 chris_n hdl: is the meeting for solr discussion on for tomorrow at 2100UTC?
20:48 chris im on site with clients tomorrow, (and thursday and friday)
20:48 hdl chris_n well, I am planning two : one for tommorrow 21 UTC and One on the 15th December at 11AM
20:49 hdl congrats chris.
20:49 chris so wont be able to make the 21utc one
20:49 hdl I will try and record the meeting with teh meeting Bot... I have to train with the bot
20:50 * owen wonders if the bot could teach him kung fu
20:50 hdl I am sending an email right now. will try and improve the sketchy schedule I have.
20:51 nengard left #koha
20:52 hdl main aim is to present our work, what we did and what we are to do, and try and gather good will and have feed back.
20:53 chris yup, even tho i wont be there, i think everyone knows my position already so thats fine
20:53 collum left #koha
20:57 chris (ill be in the middle of training and a go live)
20:59 schuster left #koha
21:00 jwagner left #koha
21:06 russ joined #koha
21:08 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #188: SUCCESS in 22 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/188/
21:08 hudsonbot Owen Leonard: Incremental fix for Bug 3285 - Location on Add Subscription should be pull down
21:16 jcamins Hm. I'll be missing the solr meeting tomorrow- I'll be presenting on cataloging private book collections.
21:17 owen left #koha
21:20 Brooke joined #koha
21:33 sekjal left #koha
21:37 gregb left #koha
21:43 jcamins Good nirhg, #koha
21:43 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
21:43 jcamins_a Good night, even.
21:44 chris cya jcamins_a
21:44 Brooke night j
21:46 cait joined #koha
21:46 cait hi all :)
21:47 chris hi cait
21:47 cait hi chris :)
21:48 cait chris: I will send you a pull request for owen's and my work on a state in borrowers - ok?
21:48 chris yup, is it ready for being pushed up for awaiting_qa?
21:49 cait we think so :)
21:49 chris cool
21:49 cait doesn't mean we have not missed something - but more eyes are good
21:49 chris yup
21:49 Brooke hi Cait.
21:49 cait hi Brooke :)
21:50 cait chris: hm, pull request - just send you a mail with the link?
21:50 cait I have done it once but not sure hwat I put in the mail
21:50 chris yup
21:51 Brooke @quote 102
21:51 munin Brooke: Error: The "Quote" plugin is loaded, but there is no command named "102" in it.  Try "list Quote" to see the commands in the "Quote" plugin.
21:51 hdl chris : I hope your go live will be all right.
21:51 Brooke same
21:51 chris thanks hdl
21:53 cait oh go live?
21:53 chris on friday
21:53 chris training tomorrow and thursday
21:55 cait :)
21:55 trea left #koha
22:02 cait chris: sending request again... web mail created a html mail :(
22:02 magnus_a left #koha
22:03 chris eewww
22:03 chris cool thanks
22:04 cait don't ask about the 2nd mail... the 3rd is the right one
22:07 chris heh
22:19 robin cait: 5am? you must be mad :)
22:19 cait hm?
22:19 robin you were asking if I was awake at 5am
22:19 cait oh
22:19 cait yeah... not everybody is as crazy as me
22:19 brendan the rest of us where robin ;)
22:20 cait I updated your bug ;)
22:20 robin brendan: it's your own fault for being foreigners in strange time zones :)
22:20 robin cait: yeah, saw that. Looks good.
22:20 Brooke pfft, 5 am is sleepin' in for me, laddy
22:20 Brooke as I said to another kiwi, someone has to sing in the dawn in that lazy country of yours ;)
22:21 cait what about the missing update script? (not sure how to do that and if you already have it somewhere)
22:21 robin that what we have birds for :)
22:21 robin I didn't see that bit...what do you mean?
22:21 Brooke faw, even yer birds are lazy ;P
22:21 cait robin: for older orders the discount value is not populated
22:22 robin that was by design, I think.
22:22 robin We didn't want to change what people already had set up.
22:22 cait hm no
22:23 cait or... hm.
22:23 cait but at the moment the field is empty - so there is no value at all when you open the order
22:23 cait that doesn't seem right to me
22:23 cait or?
22:23 cait it's to late to think
22:23 robin It's been a while, I can't remember. But, didn't it add a message saying that if it's empty it'll use the default?
22:24 robin oh
22:24 robin rather than zero
22:24 robin I forget
22:24 robin it's too early to think.
22:24 cait no, that was about tax
22:24 cait different bug
22:24 robin ahh
22:24 cait hehe
22:24 cait ok, let's restart
22:24 cait I am talking about 5173
22:24 cait but 5173
22:24 cait grrr
22:24 cait bug 5173
22:24 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5173 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED, Allow the discount to be editable
22:24 cait if you open an old order now - the field is empty
22:25 cait can do more testing at work tomorrow - but it didn't look right to me or it could be better
22:26 robin looking at it, trying to remember the details...
22:27 cait chris: git question: what is the easiest way to update my branch for the new templates?
22:27 chris which branch?
22:27 cait template-test
22:27 cait you wanted me to look at it :)
22:27 chris git fetch catalyst
22:27 chris git rebase catalyst/template-test
22:27 cait ah with rebase
22:27 * chris_n feels a bit "pushy" :-)
22:28 chris id do that, to keep any local changes at the top
22:28 cait I made the error to try a git pull earlier... which ended up in a lot of merge conflicts :)
22:28 cait chris_n: pushy?
22:28 chris_n git pushy
22:28 cait robin: thx :) I will try to find out if it does the calculations right without populating it tomorrow
22:28 robin ok :)
22:28 cait robin: but you can still look at it and try to remember ;)
22:29 * cait hands robin some coffee
22:29 robin I _think_ it was the case that if it was blank, it will use the default, which is possibly correct
22:29 cait chris_n: make chris push some of my patches ;)
22:29 robin a better solution would be to put the default in there.
22:29 * robin doesn't drink coffee
22:29 cait green tea?
22:29 robin nope
22:29 cait hot chocolate?
22:29 chris im unlikely to be pushing anything until the weekend
22:29 * chris_n just finished a cup of green tea
22:29 cait no wonder you feel pushy :)
22:30 robin yep, but that's not exactly a wakeup drink :)
22:30 chris_n cait: I was just pushing what chris pushed a bit earlier
22:30 chris_n green tea + honey = good
22:30 * cait had wine tonight...
22:31 hudsonbot Starting build 54 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:31 robin wine is not usually the best for programming :)
22:31 robin well, depends I guess...
22:31 robin cait: actually, I noticed an error in that patch
22:32 chris_n hehe
22:32 cait robin: ok - what's the problem?
22:32 robin when creating the table it makes the default '0', when updating it makes it null
22:32 robin the null is correct I think.
22:32 cait hm ok?
22:33 cait yeah, 0 does not seem right
22:33 robin this won't be related to what you're seeing though.
22:33 cait no, but still good to know - I can fix that
22:33 cait if I remember tomorrow
22:33 robin IRC logs are your friend :)
22:33 cait Can't locate object method "new" via package "HTML::Template::Pro" (perhaps you forgot to load "HTML::Template::Pro"?) at line 116
22:34 robin that's not my fault :)
22:34 cait strange, I thought I installed that when I tested it the last time
22:34 cait no
22:34 cait I installed libtemplate-perl  last time - what does it want now?
22:34 chris html::template::pro
22:34 chris the old template system
22:35 munin New commit(s) kohagit32: Incremental fix for Bug 3285 - Location on Add Subscription should be pull down <[…]71a7585efeb2ceb02> / Bug 5460: AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to invalid value in sysprefs.sql <[…]5f4779d0897cd5704> / Bug 5457: requires explicit style
22:35 cait chris: should I not have that?
22:36 trea joined #koha
22:36 chris yeah you should have that already, or old koha wouldnt work
22:36 cait strange
22:37 cait it tells me libhtml-template-pro-perl is already the newest version
22:38 cait robin: will update the bug once I fixed it and check the calculations - but at the moment I think populating the table would be good
22:40 cait chris: not sure what to do now - could try the cpan module?
22:42 chris_n cait: you are right, there are many mandatory sysprefs missing from the various translations
22:42 cait yeah :(
22:42 cait German is very complete - but others don't look good
22:42 robin cait: OK
22:43 chris_n so what exactly does "# Warning: Some of those sysprefs may rather have to be added to English sysprefs" mean?
22:43 chris_n don't sysprefs need to be added to every translation?
22:43 cait at the moment I think they have to
22:43 cait because the web installer will take all files from your mandatory folder
22:43 cait from the language you chose at the beginning
22:46 cait chris_n: perhaps some translations have too many sys prefs?
22:46 cait old sys prefs missing in en?
22:46 chris_n so does xt/syspref.t use en as the comparison?
22:49 chris_n looks like it does
22:50 cait can we make hudson run the xt tests too?
22:52 chris it does
22:52 hudsonbot Project Koha_3.2.x build #54: SUCCESS in 21 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/54/
22:52 hudsonbot * Ian Walls: Bug 5457: requires explicit stylesheet
22:52 hudsonbot * Ian Walls: Bug 5460: AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to invalid value in sysprefs.sql
22:52 hudsonbot * Owen Leonard: Incremental fix for Bug 3285 - Location on Add Subscription should be pull down
22:53 chris http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]alid_templates_t/
22:53 cait chris: I was looking for xt/syspref.t
22:54 chris it runs everything in the xt dir
22:54 chris ill manually add that one as well tho
22:55 trea left #koha
22:55 chris what is xt/check_sysprefs.t
22:56 chris if someone could check that and remove if its no longer used
22:56 chris that will save confusion
22:56 Brooke left #koha
22:56 saorge_ joined #koha
22:56 saorge_ left #koha
22:56 chris !hudson build koha_master now
22:56 hudsonbot chris: job koha_master build scheduled now
22:56 hudsonbot Starting build 189 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:57 chris !hudson build koha_3.2.x now
22:57 hudsonbot chris: job koha_3.2.x build scheduled now
22:57 hudsonbot Starting build 55 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:58 cait chris: not sure what it does, fails when I try to run it
22:59 chris ah checks for missing sysprefs in the database
22:59 russ left #koha
23:00 russ joined #koha
23:07 cait good night all!
23:08 chris night cait
23:09 cait left #koha
23:11 chris_n chris: it's an important test I think
23:11 chris_n many sysprefs are missing from several other languages
23:11 chris which one syspref.t
23:11 chris_n yup
23:11 chris or check_sysprefs.t
23:11 chris because there are 2
23:11 chris and i want to know which one is the real one
23:11 chris_n ahh
23:12 chris_n syspref.t is what fails here
23:12 chris right, switched hudson to run that
23:13 chris_n sadly the history appears truncated for both of those files
23:15 chris_n @wunder 28334
23:15 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is -0.4�C (6:15 PM EST on December 06, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 18%. Dew Point: -20.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.50 in 998.9 hPa (Steady).
23:19 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #189: FAILURE in 22 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/189/
23:21 chris gah typo
23:23 hudsonbot Project Koha_3.2.x build #55: UNSTABLE in 26 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/55/
23:24 hudsonbot Starting build 190 for job Koha_Master (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #188 2 hr 38 min ago)
23:24 chris chris_n: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Build/testReport/
23:47 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #190: UNSTABLE in 22 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/190/
23:49 chris_n just as i figured
23:50 chris_n well tests++
23:51 * chris_n heads off to do a little astrophotography

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary