IRC log for #koha, 2022-02-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:26 koha-jenkins joined #koha
01:51 fridolin joined #koha
04:07 fridolin joined #koha
06:57 josef_moravec joined #koha
07:08 reiveune joined #koha
07:08 reiveune hello
07:23 cait joined #koha
07:28 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
07:28 fridolin1 joined #koha
07:32 cait1 joined #koha
07:34 matts hi !
07:44 alex_a joined #koha
07:44 alex_a bonjour
07:48 marion joined #koha
07:52 lds joined #koha
08:52 ashimema morning
08:54 sodesvaux joined #koha
09:01 sodesvaux joined #koha
09:12 fridolin1 ashimema: yhello
09:12 fridolin1 Bug 26704
09:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26704 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to master , Koha::Item store triggers should utilise Koha::Object::Messages for message passing
09:13 fridolin1 ashimema: could you validate the test suite fix  ?
09:15 davidnind joined #koha
09:19 fridolin1 davidnind: yey NZ is in the place
09:21 davidnind hi fridolin!
09:26 * cait1 waves
09:26 davidnind hi cait1!
09:28 ashimema looks good to me fridolin1... could have swarn I'd run all the tests and fixed those exact issues
09:28 ashimema weird
09:28 fridolin1 ich
09:28 fridolin1 no problem ;)
09:28 fridolin1 can you sign the patch ? i'll push to green jenkins
09:29 ashimema will do, just runing them
09:31 ashimema done
09:34 fridolin1 its a lot of copy paste but UT can be ugly i dont care ^^
09:35 nlegrand Bonjour !
09:39 ashimema hehe
09:46 ashimema ooh, dev meeting this morning
09:51 Brooke joined #koha
09:52 Brooke o/
09:55 fridolin1 yep, meeting in 5 min
09:56 fridolin1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_16_February_2022
09:56 fridolin1 tuxayo: around ?
09:59 ashimema I'm juggling two meetings for this one.. so bear with me 😉
10:00 oleonard *yawn*
10:00 ashimema morning oleonard
10:00 huginn News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 29579: Show saved SQL report ID in database query" <[…]a5f60d3bde38a3396>
10:00 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26704: (follow-up) Fix t/db_dependent/Koha/Items.t <[…]05171cffeb3afccbc>
10:01 Brooke Good morning, Owen.
10:01 fridolin1 ah someone can chair the meeting ? i've never done
10:02 Brooke Frido, I'll drive the bus if I have to, but I'm not up to speed
10:02 fridolin1 ;) thanks a lot
10:02 fridolin1 take us to first stop
10:03 Brooke #startmeeting
10:03 huginn Brooke: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
10:03 Brooke #Startmeeting Development Meeting
10:03 Brooke #startmeeting Development Meeting
10:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb 16 10:03:29 2022 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
10:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_meeting'
10:03 ashimema Development IRC meeting 16 February 2022
10:03 Brooke Welcome everyone, time for #Introductions
10:04 ashimema #link agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_16_February_2022
10:04 Brooke #topic introductions
10:04 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
10:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
10:04 fridolin1 #Fridolin Somers, BibLibre, France
10:04 ashimema only partially here I'm afraid
10:04 ashimema fridolin1, do you still count as 'in france' 😉
10:04 Brooke ashimema, you're surely functioning better than I ;)
10:05 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
10:05 fridolin1 I mean BibLibre is in France ^^
10:05 oleonard it's okay fridolin1 we won't come looking for you
10:05 fridolin1 Katrin apologies (in wiki page)
10:05 sodesvaux Solene Desvaux, Biblibre intern, France
10:05 fridolin1 salutation collègue
10:07 Brooke #info Announcements
10:07 Brooke it looks like we've a proposal from Koha-US for Conference
10:07 fridolin1 great news indeed
10:07 Brooke https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#koha-US_Proposal
10:07 fridolin1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#koha-US_Proposal
10:07 fridolin1 There is still a vote running
10:08 fridolin1 to decide full online or hybrid
10:08 fridolin1 result 1 march
10:08 fridolin1 Event for end septembre
10:09 davidnind Excellent!
10:09 fridolin1 i'd love to travel to US again
10:09 Brooke #topic Koha Conference
10:09 Topic for #koha is now Koha Conference (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:10 oleonard The proposed location, Lawrence KS, is where I grew up! And it's the absolute middle of nowhere.
10:10 Brooke anything else for the record for the US Conference bid?
10:10 oleonard It's a lovely little university town, though
10:11 Brooke #topic RM's update
10:11 Topic for #koha is now RM's update (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:11 fridolin1 yey
10:12 fridolin1 i try to keep pushing rythme
10:12 liliputech joined #koha
10:12 fridolin1 Jenkins should come green right now
10:12 fridolin1 Work in staff interface to replace jQueryUI with Bootstrap, see Bug 29222 and children
10:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29222 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , OMNIBUS: Replace the use of jQueryUI
10:12 fridolin1 oleonard++
10:13 ashimema 🙂
10:13 oleonard This will go more slowly than the datepicker replacement
10:13 Brooke #help UI replacement of jquery with Bootstrap
10:14 fridolin1 I point it so new enhancements take this into acount
10:14 ashimema load me up for testing/qaing those oleonard
10:14 ashimema I'm on board with that project
10:14 oleonard I'm working on testing out an autocomplete replacement which should be ready to show soon.
10:14 Brooke ashimema++
10:14 Brooke oleonard++
10:14 oleonard #link Autocomplete library:
10:15 fridolin1 great, UI changes are always a good sign for a new version
10:16 alohabot 🎁 🙊 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🍱 🍠 🍒
10:16 fridolin1 but underground changes are also important
10:16 fridolin1 i see a line in wiki : Share proposal for staff interface redesign (oleonard, paul_p, lukeg, caroline, etc.)
10:16 fridolin1 not from me i think
10:17 Brooke #topic Staff UI redesign
10:17 Topic for #koha is now Staff UI redesign (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:17 Brooke take it away Owen
10:17 oleonard I added that at the last minute yesterday
10:17 fridolin1 ah ok
10:18 oleonard As I hope you all know, Paul has proposed a redesign of the staff interface, and has hired a designer to do the work
10:18 Brooke the committee is trying to walk the fine line betwixt having something to share and not sharing too much too soon
10:18 oleonard A group of us has been meeting to talk about the designer's proposals
10:18 fridolin1 I see there is a mail in koha-devel "Staff interface redesign: Update"
10:19 * oleonard is looking for the links...
10:19 Brooke #info Thibault Petit has been recruited to assist with the redesign
10:19 oleonard Ah, here:[…]Vy0/edit#slide=id.g1155f3a071f_0_43
10:19 Brooke #info Biblibre is generously paying for at least a portion of the effort
10:20 Brooke #link[…]Vy0/edit#slide=id.g1155f3a071f_0_43
10:20 fridolin1 We french like fashion ;)
10:20 oleonard Solene  (sodesvaux here) will be working on the implementation
10:21 Brooke sodesvaux++
10:21 ashimema 🙂
10:21 oleonard The scope of the redesign is limited to *mostly* style changes
10:22 oleonard Global include files are included in possible structural changes, but other templates are not because of the extensive revisions required
10:22 * fridolin1 says wahoooo
10:23 oleonard We're bringing this particular design proposal because we (me, Brooke, paul_p, caroline, sodesvaux, lukeg) think this is the best option we've seen.
10:23 ashimema are there plans to create a style guide to adhere to ?
10:23 Brooke uniformity and consistency of the interface during implementation might be a bit of a sticky wicket
10:23 ashimema I'd love some additional clear guidance for devs
10:23 Brooke that is an excellent point, ashimema
10:24 oleonard ashimema: We are expecting some visual documentation from Thibault
10:24 ashimema okies
10:25 oleonard ashimema: Does Mark Gavillet have an irc username? He's been in the meetings as well.
10:25 ashimema anywhere we can de-duplicate/simplify UI elements is a win to me...
10:25 ashimema he's not around here much
10:25 ashimema he was velvetanchovy once upon a time
10:26 ashimema but I don't think he's really an irc person
10:26 oleonard I hope you all are looking through those slides right now.
10:26 * ashimema is
10:27 oleonard Besides color changes, one of the biggest differences in the proposal is the collapsing of the resident search header tabs into a smaller area in the header menu
10:27 oleonard Slide 11 shows the default and "clicked" state of that
10:27 fridolin1 great
10:28 fridolin1 (I have  a very small screen)
10:28 Brooke (but very large impact)
10:29 oleonard Our tentative plan, if there are no objections here, is to share these slides with the koha general mailing list next
10:30 fridolin1 no objection
10:30 Brooke #action shall we share the slides with Koha General?
10:30 davidnind Looking very positive!
10:31 ashimema I'd say go for it
10:31 Brooke tapez maintenant or forever hold your peas ;)
10:31 oleonard We are trying to bring a strong proposal as an "official" recommendation to get feedback that hopefully won't devolve into endless nitpicking.
10:31 oleonard BUT we also want to hear any objections, because we know we are a small committee
10:31 Brooke It is safe to say that we welcome feedback but we do not welcome hair splitting
10:32 davidnind +10
10:32 ashimema silly question.. has RTL been considered?
10:32 Brooke I can speak for myself in saying that I am more than happy to have folks approach me with comments either here or over email or another forum
10:33 * ashimema isn't sure how that might affect things like 'readability of the all screen from the top-left to bottom right'
10:33 oleonard There are a lot of implementation decisions still to be made, and as Brooke mentioned the process of getting these changes approved will result in interface inconsistencies as patches are pushed gradually
10:33 ashimema indeed
10:33 ashimema I really like what you've brought to the table here
10:33 ashimema and I think the right core group is involved.. great work :0
10:34 Brooke It's hard to go wrong when Owen and Paul have joined forces
10:34 oleonard Would y'all like to have a round of discussion on the devel list before taking it to koha-general?
10:34 Brooke so I haven't heard any objections so far. Is that a fair characterisation?
10:35 oleonard I think at least a message to koha-general should wait a day or 3 while others who might have been at this meeting get a look at the slides.
10:35 Brooke aye
10:36 Brooke I was going to suggest that we send a mail to the list, stew until Saturdayish, then close by Tuesday so we can have summat for the next meeting Tuesday
10:36 ashimema sounds good to me
10:36 davidnind +1
10:36 fridolin1 +1
10:37 oleonard Great, thanks everyone!
10:37 davidnind very exciting!
10:37 Brooke #info Next step: Send a message to General, wait 'til Saturday, return feedback to Committee by Tuesday
10:37 Brooke #topic Release Maintainer update
10:37 Topic for #koha is now Release Maintainer update (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:38 fridolin1 rmaints
10:39 oleonard All sleeping?
10:39 fridolin1 tuxayo is not a morning-fan
10:40 fridolin1 This month release should by around 22 since its in the middle of the week
10:40 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #533: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/533/
10:41 fridolin1 For 21.05 there is Bug 28832 to pick
10:41 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28832 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Passed QA , [21.05] Batch modification always clears permanent_location if it is mapped in frameworks
10:43 Brooke beurk!
10:43 fridolin1 we may continue
10:43 Brooke #topic QA Team update
10:43 Topic for #koha is now QA Team update (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:44 fridolin1 cait1: a quick message ?
10:44 Brooke she has a meeting conflict, alas
10:44 ashimema I've been concentrating on testing/qaing some of the bigger things this week
10:44 ashimema will get back to moving the queue next week
10:45 ashimema as ever, we need more people to keep on top of the queues.. 😉
10:45 ashimema we're not in a terrible place.. 88 in the queue, 26 of which are bugs
10:45 Brooke #help More bug testers are always welcome
10:46 ashimema the NSO queue is high though.. 276
10:47 Brooke okay then moving along
10:47 ashimema Joubu is working on some fun things right now.. lots of API based improvements
10:47 Brooke joubu++
10:48 Brooke shall we do the roadmap project update then?
10:49 Brooke #topic Roadmap Projects Status Update
10:49 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap Projects Status Update (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #90: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U21/90/
10:49 * ashimema hasn't been following the roadmap yet this cycle
10:49 ashimema oops
10:50 fridolin1 ich i've not yet build something
10:50 fridolin1 topics from previous cycle are still on the table
10:52 fridolin1 i'll soon work on roadmap cause we are around midtime of release
10:53 Brooke wonderful.
10:53 Brooke there's no olde business excepting myself
10:54 Brooke #topic General Development Discussion
10:54 Topic for #koha is now General Development Discussion (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
10:55 Brooke any cool ideas?
10:55 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #797: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/797/
10:55 fridolin1 rewrite in PHP ?
10:55 fridolin1 XD
10:56 * oleonard doesn't even know what the new hotness is, but knows it isn't PHP
10:56 fridolin1 NodeJS ?
10:56 davidnind rust, possibly not python..
10:56 ashimema Rust
10:56 ashimema hehe
10:56 fridolin1 We skipped several revolution
10:58 Brooke does anyone have a burning desire to discuss development trends?
10:58 davidnind at work they recently tuned off the mainframe, everything was written in cobol (nearly a 30 year old system)
10:58 Brooke better than high performance FORTRAN I suppose ;)
10:59 fridolin1 RIP
10:59 Brooke #topic Review of Coding Guidelines
10:59 Topic for #koha is now Review of Coding Guidelines (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
11:00 davidnind they did spend 1.5 ish billion (NZ dollars) though...
11:01 fridolin1 Add a rule for Bug 29844
11:01 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove uses of wantarray in Koha::Objects
11:01 ashimema ?
11:01 ashimema nice
11:02 fridolin1 I mean more Bug 29859
11:02 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29859 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, Favor iterators over as_list
11:02 ashimema excellent, thanks
11:02 * ashimema just mis-read that
11:02 ashimema yes.. we should add one
11:02 fridolin1 add use get_column
11:02 ashimema also perhaps one for the wantarray removal too.. to make sure new one's don't creep in
11:03 fridolin1 this could be in QA tools ?
11:03 ashimema we should also document, from tcohens email probably, when to use as_list and how the change affects how you can use variables in notices and other templates
11:03 tcohen good morning
11:03 fridolin1 tcohen: welcome
11:04 tcohen I thought the meeting was 3 hours ago
11:04 Brooke good morning
11:04 tcohen Brooke!
11:04 Brooke there was a change of meeting time
11:05 fridolin1 tcohen: ah but previous time was in 4 hours
11:05 fridolin1 now your there ;)
11:05 tcohen I guess I got it all wrong ha
11:05 fridolin1 we talk guide lines with Bug 29859
11:06 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #379: FIXED in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/379/
11:06 fridolin1 could you write something ?
11:06 ashimema we agreed to re-write koha in rust tcohen
11:06 tcohen anyone raised concerns about calling .count many times on tmeplates?
11:06 ashimema I haven't here
11:06 ashimema but there is my bug about that for discussion
11:06 * ashimema is back to juggling meetings
11:07 tcohen ok, I can write some thing, fridolin
11:07 fridolin1 thanks a lot
11:07 Brooke tcohen++
11:08 * ashimema can't find the bug number.. grr
11:09 Brooke okay last item on the agenda is to set a time for next meeting
11:09 Brooke #topic Next Meeting
11:09 Topic for #koha is now Next Meeting (Meeting topic: Development Meeting)
11:09 ashimema bug 30017
11:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30017 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Should we prefer `loop.first` and `loop.last` over calling `variable.count` to reduce our DB hits
11:10 ashimema that was it.. but it can wait for next meeting at this point..
11:10 fridolin1 there is general meeting on March 2
11:11 fridolin1 do we add dev meeting also ? else it is March 16
11:11 oleonard Not the 9th?
11:12 fridolin1 ok 9th is good
11:12 ashimema sounds ok to me
11:12 Brooke any conflicts with 9 March?
11:13 ashimema oh, we didn't mention hackfest.. hopefully some people will be there
11:13 fridolin1 mmm no it is end march
11:13 fridolin1 starts on March 28
11:13 ashimema sorry.. yes.. not a clash
11:13 fridolin1 ah sure
11:13 fridolin1 I'll be there !
11:14 Brooke specific time for 9 March anyone?
11:14 fridolin1 i'd like to keep 10AM
11:14 oleonard Whose? :)
11:14 ashimema utc
11:14 ashimema I think
11:14 fridolin1 general meeting is kept at 15PM
11:15 fridolin1 yep UTC
11:15 Brooke so we're settled for 9 Mar 10 UTC
11:15 Brooke ?
11:15 ashimema perfec
11:16 fridolin1 super giga
11:16 Brooke #info Next Meeting is 9 Mar 10 UTC
11:16 Brooke #endmeeting
11:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
11:16 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb 16 11:16:23 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
11:16 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-02-16-10.03.html
11:16 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-02-16-10.03.txt
11:16 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]16-10.03.log.html
11:16 oleonard Brooke++
11:16 oleonard Thanks very much for chairing
11:16 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #747: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/747/
11:16 Brooke bus driving once a decade is literally the least I can do
11:17 fridolin1 Brooke++
11:17 davidnind Brooke++
11:17 Brooke y'all are going to make me blush
11:17 fridolin1 i will learn the commands or make a cheat sheet
11:18 oleonard Like falling off a horse.
11:18 davidnind there is one: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Chairing_meetings
11:19 fridolin1 i'm gooing to ... infinity and behond
11:19 fridolin1 left #koha
11:21 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1915: FIXED in 1 hr 17 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1915/
11:24 davidnind left #koha
11:24 alex_a joined #koha
11:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1875: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1875/
11:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #302: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/302/
11:52 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #76: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/76/
12:03 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:15 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #530: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/530/
12:28 marion joined #koha
12:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #531: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/531/
12:43 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:00 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:08 oleonard joined #koha
13:52 oleonard I'm not sure if Bug 30074 isn't working of if I'm testing wrong...
13:52 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30074 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Missing extended_attributes relationship in DBIC schema
13:57 ashimema I tested it in conjunction with bug 30055 oleonard
13:57 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30055 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Rewrite some of the patron searches to make them use the REST API routes
13:58 ashimema seemed to work as expected to me
13:58 * ashimema was waiting for someone to SO it so I could QA ;)
13:59 ashimema have you looked at 30055 at all oleonard?
13:59 oleonard I was trying to get the dependencies, but I'm looking at 30055 now.
13:59 ashimema I'm interested to get your perspective on the UX changes it introduces..
13:59 ashimema hehe
14:07 kohaguy joined #koha
14:10 AnkeB joined #koha
14:13 kohaguy hello guys, I am just curios about notices/slips, how can I link print button of specific slip into somewhere on page? or how can I make it run automatically? for example I want to make notice "HOLDPLACED" active for instant printing, right after patron places a hold (Koha only supports sending email)
14:15 oleonard kohaguy: You want the patron to be able to print a slip from the OPAC after they place a hold?
14:22 kohaguy hello, no
14:22 kohaguy when patron places a hold in OPAC, his hold request should start to print automatically in library
14:24 kohaguy and my question is if its possible to make this with "HOLDPLACED" slip in Koha
14:24 kohaguy it works with an e-mail adress
14:24 kohaguy but there is no print option by default
14:27 tcohen I don't think that functionality is present right now
14:43 oleonard kidclamp around?
14:43 kidclamp rounder and rounder all the time
14:44 oleonard Somehow I doubt it
14:44 kidclamp there's a lot of candy in this house
14:52 thd joined #koha
14:54 tcohen hahaha
14:56 lukeg joined #koha
15:01 cait1 i think holdplaced DOES go out automatically to the library
15:01 cait1 oh... scroll down cat
15:01 cait1 cait
15:03 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:06 domm can anybody explain to me how the ElasticSearch sort strings are constructed? In the Search Mappings various fields/subfields are mapped to search terms, and some have sortable=yes; but in which order are those fields added to the string that ends up in e.g. the ES field "title__sort"?
15:07 domm or should I just dig through the source code?
15:10 kidclamp I believe we through the record in order and   index in order
15:10 kidclamp but the best practice would be to only mark one marc field as sortable per ES field
15:14 kidclamp I think multiple create an array and ES will sort that...unpredicatably
15:15 cait1 kidclamp++ :)
15:15 tcohen @later tell kohaguy take a look at this[…]lugin-print-holds
15:15 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
15:15 tcohen khall++
15:17 domm kidclamp: ok, thanks, that makes sense
15:18 domm but the default mappings (at least the ones we got with this install, which I think was based on 20.05) have serveral sortable marc fields per ES field
15:18 domm and we assumed that the defaults are sane - classic mistake :-)
15:29 tcohen why would you think that, domm? haha
15:29 kidclamp There may be cases where you want several, because you don't expect a record to have more than one of the field defined
15:32 ashimema oleonard.. could you claify where you mean regards your comment on bug 30055?
15:32 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30055 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Rewrite some of the patron searches to make them use the REST API routes
15:32 ashimema I'll try to reproduce it
15:32 oleonard For searches that are limited to users with particular privileges, like searching for a manager for a fund
15:32 oleonard I get an error in the console
15:35 ashimema ta
15:36 ashimema I can replicate that.. will take a look
15:36 * ashimema happened to pick a non-limited search for his initial testing it seems
15:37 cait1 bye all
15:38 cait1 left #koha
15:39 ashimema well.. the fix is easy.. but it breaks some other stuff
15:41 ashimema oh.. that gives a really fun error
15:44 cait joined #koha
15:44 ashimema just attaching a follow-up patch for you oleonard
15:44 ashimema should mean you can continue testing
15:45 ashimema make sure you've run the dbic updates though.. else you'll hit another error straight after
15:45 Joubu ho right, thanks ashimema
15:46 ashimema no worries Joubu.. if we can strike to keep this one moving whilst people are testing.. I'm all happy 🙂
15:46 Joubu it's missing from other routes as well
15:46 Joubu +/acquisitions/funds/owners
15:46 Joubu +/acquisitions/funds/users
15:47 Joubu +/suggestions/managers
15:47 ashimema had a feeling it might be
15:47 Joubu Can you redo your patch your the 2 missing routes?
15:47 ashimema sure
15:52 ashimema done
15:54 sodesvaux joined #koha
15:54 Joubu ashimema: I copied in a comment part of the discussion we had yesterday, about the problems I found with your follow-up
15:54 ashimema sure
15:55 ashimema I couldn't replicate the problems you showed me
15:55 ashimema whatever combination of searches all worked as expected for me
15:55 ashimema but each to their own
15:55 ashimema personally.. I'm still not entirely sure about the UX of having multiple 'Search' fields scattered around the page..
15:56 ashimema I'm hoping others will weight in on that though.. I don't want it to just be a dev opinion.. want to see some UX chops look at it.. or a librarian.
15:56 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
15:56 oleonard I agree. I think we should have a subset of DT features in these popup windows
15:58 Joubu which features should we remove?
15:58 ashimema I do however, like the general direction it's going
15:59 ashimema well.. I like the 'filter by lastname', but I'm not a fan of the header row filtering or the search box that appears with the datatable
15:59 ashimema I think if you have a 'Search' box up front and centre at the top there's shouldn't be a second one..
15:59 Joubu IMO we should have the column filter on all our DT
15:59 Joubu it's so powerful
15:59 Joubu and you can really refine your search
16:00 ashimema it's also not entirely clear your searching then searching again on the subset
16:00 Joubu and they don't take much space
16:00 bag joined #koha
16:00 ashimema hmm
16:01 reiveune bye
16:02 reiveune left #koha
16:31 Joubu ashimema: around?
16:34 Joubu dude your patch is buggy, please don't unobsolete it
16:34 ashimema kill it then
16:35 Joubu ashimema: https://staff-bug30055.sandbox[…]5&category_type=C
16:35 Joubu add guarantor
16:35 Joubu then follow the screenshot I added in my last comment
16:38 * ashimema is working on other things right now
16:38 ashimema just drop the patch if you feel it's wrong
16:39 ashimema we will need to continue refining this anyway
16:39 Joubu I did, you re-added it, I removed it again now
16:39 tcohen can I re-add it ? :-P
16:39 Joubu no but you can test on the sandbox
16:39 Joubu that it's buggy
16:40 tcohen it showed an empty yellow box the first time I hit it
16:40 Joubu on master as well
16:41 tcohen it works like a charm, not sure what bug I'm looking at
16:41 Joubu last comment on the bug
16:41 Joubu 30055
16:43 tcohen the sandbox works great for me
16:43 tcohen I guess you removed it already
16:45 ashimema time for others to step in..
16:45 ashimema I'm checking out on this bug for a bit
16:45 Joubu tcohen: follow this, carefully please
16:45 Joubu https://staff-bug30055.sandbox[…]5&category_type=C
16:45 Joubu click add guarantor
16:45 Joubu Search "ed"
16:45 Joubu then you add "ed" in the general search of the DT
16:45 Joubu => You see edna
16:46 Joubu then you add "ed" in "Name"
16:46 Joubu => No more edna
16:46 tcohen ok
16:46 Joubu that's wrong
16:46 tcohen before I forget
16:46 Joubu it's exactly what my comment said...
16:46 tcohen add some (300ms?) delay between typing and generating the table refresh
16:46 tcohen when I type ed I get two API queries
16:47 Joubu that's DT wrapper behaviour
16:47 tcohen now, following your test steps
16:47 tcohen works for me
16:47 tcohen
16:48 Joubu please follow the step carefully
16:48 Joubu you are missing the second step
16:48 Joubu or you forgot to include it in your screenshot
16:49 Joubu 1. "ed" in "search" at the TOP of the table
16:49 Joubu click search
16:49 tcohen haha
16:49 Joubu 2. "ed" in the GLOBAL search of DT
16:49 tcohen 'general search' I thought it was the main one
16:49 Joubu 3. "ed" in "Name"
16:49 tcohen I think there are too many search boxes
16:49 Joubu you are all driving me crazy guys
16:49 Joubu it's not the main one
16:50 tcohen yeah, I got it
16:50 tcohen and reproduced correclty
16:50 tcohen is counter-intuitive
16:50 Joubu at the top we are searching on the "standard" patron fields
16:50 ashimema this kinda highlights my point regarding 'Search' + 'Search' being a bad thing
16:50 Joubu there is a syspref for that
16:51 Joubu the search from the "global dt" is the behaviour we have in all our DT: search on ALL the data in the table
16:51 tcohen right
16:51 Joubu the search at the top is the "search this term in the 'standard' patrons fields" (name, userid, ext attributes)
16:51 tcohen and the thing here, is how we can handle several q params?
16:52 Joubu that's to prevent a regression, and a bug ashimema found yesterday
16:52 tcohen with a global AND?
16:52 Joubu tcohen: this bug is fixed!
16:52 Joubu ashimema's patch is adding this bug
16:52 Joubu I am just showing that the patch is buggy, and why I obsoleted it
16:53 Joubu now I am creating a new sandbox, without the patch
16:53 tcohen question for you, Joubu
16:54 tcohen so the 'main search' would be setting a 'default search' on the DT, then you add more queries
16:54 tcohen somehow?
16:54 Joubu The idea is: first you search for something, then you refine using the DT filters
16:54 Joubu what is main search?
16:55 tcohen lets call the big search form on the top the 'main search'
16:55 tcohen it is a pattern that we have everywhere
16:55 Joubu and the "DT global search"
16:55 Joubu ok
16:55 tcohen sometimes on the left but same thing
16:55 Joubu yes, what I did on 30063 for the main patron search
16:55 tcohen 'DT search' and 'column search'
16:55 Joubu yes
16:55 Joubu so you have your filters, without the table displayed
16:55 Joubu you search for something
16:56 lukeg joined #koha
16:56 Joubu then you add more filters using the DT filters (global or column)
16:56 tcohen sounds good, question
16:56 Joubu if you want to reset the first/main filters, you empty the input and click "search"
16:56 tcohen are you adding more q= params, somehow?
16:56 Joubu no, I am adding more stuff to q
16:57 tcohen (we can add a reset button)
16:57 tcohen so you are manipulating the q
16:57 Joubu there is a reset button added by 30066
16:57 Joubu 30063*
16:57 tcohen awesome
16:57 Joubu https://staff-bb30055.sandboxe[…]&borrowernumber=5
16:57 tcohen is the q manipulation avoidable?
16:57 Joubu this is the sandbox that is working (so without the prevous bug)
16:58 Joubu https://staff-bb30055.sandboxe[…]5&category_type=C
16:58 Joubu this link
16:58 Joubu lol the bug is there
17:01 Joubu this is not exactly the test I did yesterday
17:01 Joubu I hadn't "ed" in the main search, a pattern that matched an extended attributes
17:01 Joubu but*
17:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #144: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U18/144/
17:03 tcohen you need to avoid tweaking the query
17:04 tcohen doing GET /patrons?q={"name":{"-like":"%e​d%"}&q={"name":{"-like":"%ed%"}
17:04 tcohen should do the right thing
17:05 tcohen will take a look tomorrow for sure
17:05 Joubu I am getting so f confused
17:05 Joubu there are bugs, with both versions apparently
17:05 Joubu tcohen: yes, please. ashimema and I burnt on that already, we need a fresh brain to burn
17:06 Joubu tcohen: the problem is the ext attributes. They must be part of the OR from the main search
17:06 Joubu the we add more AND to the original query
17:06 Joubu I should have written selenium tests today but had to take my day off
17:07 Joubu will try to provide them tomorrow. We need UI tests to cover all the different use cases, it's a mess to test manually
17:07 tcohen ok, I'll take a good g&t tonight and start fresh tomorrow :-D
17:08 ashimema 🙂
17:10 tcohen Joubu++ # really happy with this you're doing
17:10 tcohen ashimema++
17:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #224: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/224/
17:13 Joubu tcohen: to test, keep in mind that the main search is searching on the "standard patron attributes" AND the extended attributes
17:15 tcohen right
17:15 Joubu ha, and there is the "first letter filter" that is adding more fun
17:17 alohabot 🎁 🐹 Koha '21.05.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🥯 🍇 🍐
17:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #157: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/157/
17:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #153: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/153/
17:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #180: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/180/
17:34 tuxayo > Tornado season should be over by September. [...] It is unusual to have smoke from forest fires in Kansas, particularly in September.
17:34 tuxayo Kansas inhabitants have it tough
17:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #153: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…].05_U_Stable/153/
17:52 liliputech joined #koha
18:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #225: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/225/
18:17 alohabot 🎁 🐵 Koha '21.05.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🍔 🍪 🍺
18:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #158: UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/158/
18:22 lukeg joined #koha
18:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #156: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U16/156/
18:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #181: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/181/
18:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #145: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U18/145/
19:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #226: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/226/
19:15 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #159: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/159/
19:16 alohabot 🎁 🐯 Koha '21.11.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🍾 🥡 🍹
19:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #154: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/154/
19:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #154: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…].05_U_Stable/154/
19:31 fridolin joined #koha
19:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #182: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/182/
19:49 aleisha joined #koha
20:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D12 build #23: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D12/23/
20:18 AndrewFH joined #koha
20:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #157: SUCCESS in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U16/157/
20:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D9 build #29: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.11_D9/29/
20:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U_Stable build #35: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1.11_U_Stable/35/
20:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #183: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/183/
20:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U20 build #29: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U20/29/
21:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U18 build #32: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U18/32/
21:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D10 build #45: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D10/45/
21:17 alohabot 🎁 🦊 Koha '21.05.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🍦 🍍 🍸
21:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U21 build #28: SUCCESS in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U21/28/
21:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D9 build #30: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.11_D9/30/
21:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U18 build #33: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U18/33/
21:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D11 build #46: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D11/46/
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30101: Fix OPAC advanced search after Bug 29844 <[…]b4f0e680f7cca0a89>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30082: Bibliographic details tab missing when user can't add local cover image <[…]946a7c4ba763d3083>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30081: Use itemtype description instead of itemtype code <[…]34b2f064b245353a2>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30081: Add item type column to holds table <[…]8f42d7b361e95ebb5>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29706: (follow-up) Adjust code to work for multi-holds <[…]7f07f1bb4ea2e853a>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29952: Replace obsolete DataTable column filter function <[…]693b46f4922f5de5d>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29781: Unit test <[…]b432d274cc975e65f>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29781: Enable capture groups in batch item modification <[…]c4048d5a45b0ccac2>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29706: Hide items that cannot be held by default when placing hold on OPAC <[…]19e9598bd67ed67a8>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29706: Improve table elements <[…]47f425aaa25526aa0>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29634: Map biblio.medium to 245 by default (MARC21) <[…]ac886ff132b98d1cb>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29627: Map biblioitems.publishercode to 264 by default (MARC21) <[…]5e9224460491a63fc>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29626: Map to 264 by default (MARC21) <[…]5c2f8d7fba06cdeef>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29385: Catch register_id for payments against fees <[…]a608cf502ae5e7c4d>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29617: exclude categorycode from BorrowerUnwantedField <[…]54e0f9168337aa401>
21:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29616: Replace library information popup in the OPAC with a modal <[…]d35fd432327fccef5>
22:16 alohabot 🎁 🐰 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🌶 🍍 🌭
22:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #146: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U18/146/
22:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #158: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U16/158/
22:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #155: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…].05_U_Stable/155/
22:31 alohabot 🎁 🐮 Koha '21.05.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo ... 🍓 🍅 🍱
22:32 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:44 dcook joined #koha
22:44 alohabot joined #koha
22:44 ribasushi joined #koha
22:44 mtj joined #koha
22:44 alohalog` joined #koha
22:45 lukeg joined #koha
22:45 bshum joined #koha
22:45 huginn joined #koha
22:45 abneiman joined #koha
22:45 sallyf joined #koha
22:45 Guest130 joined #koha
22:45 Guest130 joined #koha
22:45 sallyf joined #koha
22:45 abneiman joined #koha
22:45 huginn joined #koha
22:45 bshum joined #koha
22:45 lukeg joined #koha
22:45 alohalog` joined #koha
22:45 mtj joined #koha
22:45 ribasushi joined #koha
22:45 alohabot joined #koha
22:45 dcook joined #koha
22:45 bag joined #koha
22:45 JBoyer joined #koha
22:45 phasefx joined #koha
22:45 gmcharlt joined #koha
22:45 felicia joined #koha
22:45 sam__ joined #koha
22:45 pastebot joined #koha
22:45 philor joined #koha
22:45 akilsdonk joined #koha
22:45 bag joined #koha
22:45 JBoyer joined #koha
22:45 akilsdonk joined #koha
22:45 philor joined #koha
22:45 pastebot joined #koha
22:45 sam__ joined #koha
22:45 felicia joined #koha
22:45 gmcharlt joined #koha
22:45 phasefx joined #koha
22:45 cait joined #koha
22:45 josef_moravec joined #koha
22:45 koha-jenkins joined #koha
22:45 lari joined #koha
22:45 kivilahtio joined #koha
22:45 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
22:45 KodoKorkalo[m] joined #koha
22:45 tcohen joined #koha
22:45 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
22:45 SushiJames[m] joined #koha
22:45 domm joined #koha
22:45 jajm joined #koha
22:45 tuxayo joined #koha
22:45 Joubu joined #koha
22:45 fredericd joined #koha
22:45 magnuse joined #koha
22:45 claw joined #koha
22:45 mtj[m] joined #koha
22:45 paxed joined #koha
22:45 slef joined #koha
22:45 jo joined #koha
22:45 matts joined #koha
22:45 KotH joined #koha
22:45 eythian joined #koha
22:45 semarie joined #koha
22:45 Nemo_bis joined #koha
22:45 zb joined #koha
22:45 nlegrand joined #koha
22:45 ashimema joined #koha
22:45 sonOfRa joined #koha
22:45 davewood joined #koha
22:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #155: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/155/
22:55 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D11 build #47: FIXED in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D11/47/
22:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #160: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/160/
23:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #227: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/227/
23:20 aleisha joined #koha
23:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #159: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U16/159/
23:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #147: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U18/147/
23:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #534: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/534/
23:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #184: SUCCESS in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/184/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary