IRC log for #koha, 2022-01-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #83: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D12/83/
00:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #721: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/721/
00:17 AndrewFH joined #koha
00:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #507: UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/507/
00:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #202: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/202/
00:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1848: UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1848/
00:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #62: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U21/62/
00:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #130: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/130/
01:01 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #504: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/504/
01:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #273: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/273/
01:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1882: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1882/
01:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #54: UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/54/
01:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #762: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/762/
02:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #84: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D12/84/
02:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #505: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/505/
02:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #350: UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/350/
02:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U21 build #70: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U21/70/
02:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #203: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/203/
02:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #351: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/351/
02:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #763: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/763/
02:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #131: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/131/
02:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #274: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/274/
03:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1883: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1883/
05:36 fridolin joined #koha
05:53 lmstrand joined #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:35 reiveune hello
06:35 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29788: Fix t/db_dependent/Reserves.t <[…]4e6319f5e4b26cc9a>
06:47 cait joined #koha
06:49 cait1 joined #koha
06:49 cait1 left #koha
07:05 alex_a joined #koha
07:11 alex_a Bonjour
07:12 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:12 wahanui Congratulations!
07:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #508: FIXED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/508/
07:13 fridolin ahhhhh
07:20 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:20 wahanui Congratulations!
07:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #63: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U21/63/
07:24 cait1 joined #koha
07:25 cait1 I know we have a new'ish runtime parameter option for "all" so you can have an empty entry in pull downs
07:25 cait1 anyone know the bug maybe? it's not in the manual
07:28 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:28 wahanui Congratulations!
07:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #764: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/764/
07:32 cait1 found it - bug 23389
07:32 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23389 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, CLOSED FIXED, Add 'All' option to report value dropdowns
07:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #352: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/352/
07:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:47 wahanui Congratulations!
07:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #722: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/722/
07:59 thibaud joined #koha
08:03 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:03 wahanui Congratulations!
08:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #275: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/275/
08:04 lds joined #koha
08:28 did joined #koha
08:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #506: STILL UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/506/
08:36 did joined #koha
08:38 sophie_m joined #koha
08:41 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:41 wahanui Congratulations!
08:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1849: FIXED in 1 hr 13 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1849/
08:43 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:43 wahanui Congratulations!
08:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #55: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/55/
09:01 fridolin left #koha
09:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1850: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1850/
09:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #723: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/723/
10:25 jajm joined #koha
10:58 Bastron joined #koha
11:46 oleonard Hi all
11:46 tcohen hi
11:53 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:56 cait joined #koha
12:22 oleonard Joubu around?
12:23 did joined #koha
12:30 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:46 oleonard Does anyone know why importing MARC records would fail because of a missing item subfield?
12:47 cait1 a specific oneß
12:47 cait1 ?
12:49 oleonard 952$c
12:53 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:53 tcohen question: shouldn't we use Koha::Logger instead of warn ""; even on .pl ?
12:53 tcohen Joubu:
12:57 oleonard Perhaps this is relevant? "DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::select_single(): Query returned more than one row.  SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/ line 96: /kohadevbox/koha/tools/
12:58 tcohen that's relevant
13:03 Joubu tcohen: yes
13:04 Joubu oleonard: yes, around now
13:04 cait1 oleonard: huh, sorry, that shoudl not be an issue I think (bug?)
13:05 oleonard Joubu: I'm testing Bug 29648 again and getting some confusing results
13:06 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29648 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Make KohaTable tables 'default length' and 'default sort' configurable
13:06 oleonard Joubu: If I reset_all and test with sample data the holdings table on is configured correctly, but if I use my own sample data it doesn't work... the default sort column isn't correct.
13:06 oleonard Joubu: Do you have any idea what might cause that?
13:07 Joubu oleonard: did you identify the difference in the headers?
13:08 oleonard The difference in the set of headers available in each case? I will check.
13:10 Joubu yes I guess you have more columns displayed with your own data
13:16 oleonard Hm that's interesting... a staged MARC file with a matching rule fails to import but if I don't use a matching rule it works fine.
13:18 * oleonard ponders over breakfast
13:28 alex_a joined #koha
13:50 tuxayo Meeting in 10 min!
13:53 Pascal joined #koha
13:54 Pascal Hello together :)
13:56 cait1 hello Pascal
13:56 gveranis joined #koha
13:57 fridolin joined #koha
13:58 fridolin hi there
13:59 Joubu #koha people, could I get a SO+QA boost on bug 29856?
13:59 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29856 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Make the ES config more flexible
13:59 cait1 hi fridolin
13:59 Joubu French do a workshop next week, and I need it to make the BibLibre's sandboxes work with ES by default
14:00 tcohen Joubu: yes
14:01 Joubu tcohen: did you open a bug about some tests not passing with ES?
14:01 Joubu we discussed it yesterday
14:01 Pascal joined #koha
14:03 tcohen I need to re-check :-D
14:03 tuxayo #startmeeting General IRC meeting 12 January 2022
14:03 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jan 12 14:03:27 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
14:03 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:03 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_12_january_2022'
14:03 tuxayo #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:03 oleonard-away #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 oleonard :)
14:03 tcohen #info, Tomás Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions, Córdoba
14:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:04 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Corp., France
14:04 Pascal_ joined #koha
14:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:04 tcohen anyone knows who this 'Jonathan Druart' is?
14:04 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Quebec, Canada
14:05 cait1 no idea
14:05 Joubu tcohen: I am new here, please be kind
14:05 tuxayo welcome :)
14:05 tcohen welcome Joubu, anything you need, ask ashimema
14:05 tuxayo #topic Update on releases
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:06 Joubu I need help, I wrote a couple of patches that are stuck. Do you know why it is so slow to reach master?
14:06 ashimema lol
14:06 tuxayo ^^"
14:06 tcohen lol
14:06 oleonard Next he'll ask why we don't rewrite Koha in Python
14:06 tcohen you need to wait until the earth spins a bit and it is daytime on hte pacific ocean
14:07 Joubu BTW I've tried to install Koha on Windows, it does not work.
14:07 tuxayo Nothing to say for 20.11, the first two releases seems to work nobody complained yet!
14:07 cait1 sorry phone call
14:08 tuxayo #topic Review KohaCon22 bids
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Review KohaCon22 bids (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:08 tuxayo #info no proposal yet: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon22_Proposals
14:09 fridolin saddly we have no proposal
14:09 tcohen Joubu: did you try msiexec /i “c:\\install_koha_2.0.9.msi“
14:09 fridolin i'v contacted directly Stockolm University because they applied in 2019 but they declined
14:10 ashimema trying times
14:10 Joubu We should ask Kohala and Koha-us to organize an online conference
14:10 fridolin I will email ML to explain the extend the period
14:11 fridolin sure, full online whould be better than none
14:11 tuxayo (note: extension until end of february)
14:12 tuxayo Anyone up to contact Kohala and Koha-us and anymore ideas?
14:13 oleonard I can talk to Koha-us
14:13 fridolin I can contact Kohala
14:13 fridolin they have meeting next week
14:14 Joubu ashimema: is there a koha group in UK?
14:14 oleonard Koha-us has a meeting in two hours
14:14 ashimema not really beyond 'customers of ptfs-e'
14:14 Joubu cait1: there is one in Germany I think?
14:14 tuxayo thanks :D
14:14 tuxayo #action oleonard contact Koha-us about organizing the KohaCon as online.
14:14 ashimema but I'll stick something on our forum.. see if any of our larger customers might be up for anything
14:15 tuxayo #action fridolin contact Kohala about organizing the KohaCon as online.
14:15 ashimema the Dublin one was mostly us though.. so I'm not sure there will be much appetite to host again yet
14:16 Joubu maybe not hosting, but what about an online conference organized by 2 or 3 Koha groups?
14:16 tuxayo Anything else on the topic?
14:16 fridolin sure, they may be many organizers
14:16 cait1 sorry still on phone
14:17 oleonard I could see a joint hosting by Koha-us and Kohala working well because of time zones
14:17 oleonard More coverage.
14:17 Joubu a non-stop conference, 24h/day during a week :D
14:17 tuxayo That would be nice :D
14:17 fridolin whooooo
14:19 tuxayo #topic Actions from last meeting
14:19 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:19 tuxayo >  tuxayo send a new call for translators after the Pootle sync is finished
14:19 tuxayo That's old. Yes, it was ok.
14:19 tuxayo >  tuxayo to check on pushing the release dates to 27th to give translators chance to catch up
14:19 tuxayo ok
14:20 tuxayo >  cait to put up a bidding for KohaCon22 draft page
14:20 tuxayo yes, cone ^^"
14:20 tuxayo *done
14:20 tuxayo > cait hands over to caroline_crazycatlady, but offers proof reading/help
14:20 tuxayo ? I guess it was for the KohaCon
14:20 fridolin cross fingers
14:21 caroline hm, what now? I was supposed to do something?
14:21 tuxayo >  ALL suggestions for changes to KohaCon process page until next meeting
14:21 tuxayo It seems ok
14:22 tuxayo lol that was a joke
14:23 tuxayo "14:30:05" https://meetings.koha-communit[…]20-14.00.log.html
14:23 tuxayo >  cait to set a reminder about sending a reminder emai for next general IRC and adding drafts for things
14:23 tuxayo was done
14:24 tuxayo >  tuxayo to add LTS to next dev meetings agenda
14:24 tuxayo quite late, but yes it's on the next meeting, next week ^^"
14:25 fridolin what does that mean ?
14:25 fridolin "add LTS"
14:25 Joubu add the topic
14:26 tuxayo postpone the discussion about LTS  to a dev meeting because it was a general one.
14:26 fridolin ah i see it in https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_19_January_2022
14:26 fridolin cool
14:26 tuxayo The discussion began on the ML the 6th October ("Workflow improvement suggestions for security releases")
14:27 tuxayo #topic Set time of next meeting
14:27 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 January 2022)
14:27 tuxayo So an additional meeting after the new end of bids ?
14:28 tuxayo Like march 2.
14:29 fridolin yep
14:30 oleonard +1
14:31 tuxayo It should collide with a dev meeting. I guess we will offset it by a week right?
14:31 tuxayo (it being the future dev meeting)
14:32 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 2 March 2022, 15 UTC
14:32 fridolin mmm yep dev meeting is often so it can move
14:32 tuxayo good!
14:32 tuxayo #endmeeting
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:32 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jan 12 14:32:37 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:32 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-12-14.03.html
14:32 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-01-12-14.03.txt
14:32 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]12-14.03.log.html
14:32 fridolin tuxayo++
14:32 tuxayo thanks all for attending and participating ^^
14:33 oleonard tuxayo++
14:33 fridolin thanks a lot for chairing
14:33 tcohen tuxayo++
14:33 oleonard fridolin++
14:33 tuxayo yw
14:33 oleonard Thanks for being awake fridolin
14:33 caroline tuxayo++ ty!
14:33 fridolin no problem, I'm going back to bed rigth now :D
14:33 * oleonard jealous
14:33 fridolin ^^
14:34 fridolin i have to install a proxy to be always on IRC
14:34 fridolin its on my todo
14:34 Joubu tcohen: do you have a link for install_koha_2.0.9.msi? I don't find it
14:34 fridolin see u
14:34 tuxayo fridolin: thanks for having sent a reminder email for the meeting and good night!
14:35 oleonard Joubu: I can't wait for someone to find these comments in the IRC log and think you're talking about a real thing
14:35 fridolin yep I should have send the reminder earlier
14:35 tcohen Joubu: email me to and I'll pass you by Ether address
14:36 oleonard I'm curious if anyone else can reproduce the problems I'm having importing MARC records
14:37 oleonard If I try to use a record matching rule the import fails
14:37 caroline oleonard: I can try
14:37 fridolin open Netscape ^^
14:39 tuxayo Joubu: there it is:[…]hp?group_id=16466
14:39 tuxayo Koha2.0.0-pre2-W32-R1.EXE
14:39 tuxayo .EXE will work as well and 2.0.0 version is very good also
14:40 tuxayo Type: .exe (16-bit Windows)
14:40 tuxayo LOL
14:41 Joubu yes, I think it worked
14:41 Joubu but I would prefer a more recent version
14:42 caroline oleonard: I was able to import a file using a matching rule (the default ISBN rule). Do you have more parameters to recreate your problem? like are the records supposed to match? are you using a custom rule? can you stage the file without the rule?
14:43 oleonard I'll have to do more tests to try to narrow it down. Thanks for trying caroline
14:44 tcohen do you have the records you used, oleonard?
14:44 Joubu oleonard: I do recreate the problem on the detail view. Those tables are different than the others, because of the dynamic number of columns. Will have a look but not sure I will manage to fix it
14:49 Joubu oleonard: it's not possible, will see later if it can be done a different way. I've attached a patch to remove the option for those 2 tables.
14:50 oleonard Thanks Joubu
15:17 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:30 cait1 no official user group in Germany yet comparable to the koha-us or kohala ones
15:31 cait1 left #koha
16:08 reiveune bye
16:08 reiveune left #koha
16:16 cait joined #koha
16:18 cait joined #koha
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:29 marie-luce joined #koha
16:32 cait joined #koha
16:33 cait joined #koha
16:35 cait joined #koha
16:36 cait joined #koha
16:40 cait joined #koha
16:41 cait joined #koha
16:52 cait joined #koha
16:53 dpk joined #koha
16:53 cait joined #koha
16:55 cait joined #koha
16:57 cait joined #koha
17:00 cait joined #koha
17:08 cait joined #koha
17:10 cait joined #koha
17:22 cait joined #koha
17:24 cait joined #koha
17:37 Pascal joined #koha
18:08 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:24 MMO joined #koha
18:27 raboof_ joined #koha
18:28 caroline_catlady joined #koha
18:28 philor_ joined #koha
18:28 gmcharlt joined #koha
18:29 felicia_ joined #koha
18:29 huginn joined #koha
18:29 rhamby_ joined #koha
18:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:34 sallyf joined #koha
18:34 rangi joined #koha
18:52 abneiman joined #koha
18:59 Glow joined #koha
19:46 AndrewFH joined #koha
19:49 fridolin joined #koha
20:35 dpk joined #koha
20:42 gooble_gobble joined #koha
20:49 lukeg joined #koha
21:23 dpk joined #koha
21:26 dpk joined #koha
21:27 dpk joined #koha
23:05 dpk joined #koha
23:43 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1884: FIXED in 1 hr 11 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1884/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary