IRC log for #koha, 2021-07-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 oleonard joined #koha
00:26 agmoyano joined #koha
02:09 agmoyano joined #koha
05:23 reiveune joined #koha
05:27 reiveune hello
05:48 lmstrandatdesk joined #koha
05:52 mtj hi khall, is the 21.05 branch ready for a july release?
06:09 cait joined #koha
06:10 cait1 joined #koha
06:58 lds joined #koha
07:32 davidnind joined #koha
08:54 David joined #koha
08:58 David Hello Everybody I was installing koha over LAN server that has Ubuntu 20.04. I was creating a virtual host for testing  purpose. I can browse the it via the IP address from my window machine remotely. How ever I can't browse it using the virtual name.
08:58 David Here is what I have done so far
09:08 mtj hi David, follow these instructions... -> https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
09:10 David I can access koha with IP address but not with namebased virtualhost
09:10 David like http://testkoha.lan
09:12 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
09:16 mtj David: if you follow the instructions, you will have a koha instance with working namebased virtualhost
09:16 MarkHofstetter hi, maybe I found something "interesting" when you try to make an "Home > Acquisitions > [Vendor Name] > Basket 2 >   Order from external source
09:16 MarkHofstetter everthing works fine until you change the language (21.05)
09:17 MarkHofstetter then you'll get a javascirpt error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of null"
09:24 Joubu MarkHofstetter: which language?
09:32 MarkHofstetter Deutsch/German
09:32 MarkHofstetter shall I try another language too?
09:33 cait1 please do
09:33 cait1 and does it happen too when you start in German?
09:33 cait1 i mean does it only happen when you switch on this specific page or does it always happen
09:33 MarkHofstetter it doesn't seem to matter when you switcdh languages if that's what you mean
09:36 Joubu Did you try English?
09:36 Joubu Does it happen when you click the "search" button or you get the JS error on the form view?
09:37 MarkHofstetter english is working spanish is also not working
09:37 MarkHofstetter no when you click the order/bestellen/pedido button
09:39 Joubu confirmed
09:39 MarkHofstetter and you'll get an "perl error" when you try to changed the language on this page "Can't call method "name" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cg​i-bin/acqui/ line 68"
09:40 Joubu yes, not related
09:40 Joubu confirmed on master as well, can you open a bug report please?
09:41 MarkHofstetter will do, and try to fix it this afternoon
09:41 Joubu I am getter a different error however
09:41 Joubu Uncaught TypeError: opener is null
09:42 MarkHofstetter this depends on the browser
09:42 MarkHofstetter your using firefox
09:42 Joubu yep
09:43 MarkHofstetter this was one of the first things I tried wether it's browser dependent (its not)
09:43 Joubu 131         if( title == 'Order' ) window.location = $(this).attr('href');
09:43 Joubu that's bad
09:43 MarkHofstetter yup
09:44 Joubu It's caused by 23302, link it with that bug number when you have opened the new one
09:47 MarkHofstetter https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28773  - how do I link it with another bug?
09:47 huginn Bug 28773: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Aquisitions from external source not working for non english language
09:51 Joubu MarkHofstetter: "Depends on: "
09:53 MarkHofstetter done, I'll have lunch will do it afterwards?
09:55 Joubu MarkHofstetter: I almost have a patch
09:55 Joubu Byt I can let you write it if you want to have a try :)
09:58 MarkHofstetter If you could led me through the process I'd be grateful - the bug fix is not the problem I guess
11:00 davidnind left #koha
11:08 tcohen Morning
11:17 jzairo joined #koha
11:45 marcelr joined #koha
11:45 marcelr hi #koha
11:46 marcelr Joubu: new records have defaults too
11:46 Joubu Hi Marcel, are you referring to the comment I just let few seconds ago?
11:47 marcelr yeah
11:48 Joubu use Koha::Libraries;
11:49 Joubu my $library = Koha::Library->new({ branchcode => 'foo', branchname => 'Foo' });
11:49 Joubu say $library->pickup_location;
11:49 Joubu Are you expecting "1"?
11:50 marcelr well currently it does not, but it could yes
11:51 marcelr therefore it is called default?
11:51 Joubu I don't, I am not expecting ->new to set the default values
11:51 Joubu we must behave like DBIC
11:52 marcelr yeah it does not but people ask:[…]es-when-using-new
11:53 marcelr i think this is a better argument than "we are not in store" :)
11:53 Joubu yeah, one people asked 11 years ago :D
11:54 Joubu store is dealing with the default values, before we insert it
11:54 Joubu It's not the job of ->new to do that, IMO
11:54 marcelr the nice things with opinions is that they can be different
11:55 marcelr but ok lets not change new noew
11:55 marcelr now
11:55 Joubu we can discuss it more if you want but that's definitely out of the scope for this bug report
11:55 Joubu the main point is "we must behave like DBIC"
11:56 marcelr i will return to that report now for a while; dont change it
11:56 Joubu we could have a new method in Koha::Object to populate with the default values
12:00 khall_ joined #koha
12:14 agmoyano joined #koha
12:14 tcohen am I online?
12:14 agmoyano yep
12:14 tcohen :-D
12:22 marcelr hi tcohen agmoyano
12:31 agmoyano Hi marcelr
12:31 * cait1 waves
12:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:42 khall joined #koha
12:56 caroline_catlady joined #koha
12:57 oleonard hash tag nevernotonline
13:26 oleonard Dev meeting in 35 minutes, correct?
13:28 Joubu yes
13:38 agmoyano joined #koha
13:43 petrova joined #koha
13:53 nugged o/
13:54 thd joined #koha
13:55 tuxayo meeting in 5 min!
13:56 tuxayo qa_team? rmaints?
13:56 tuxayo qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
13:56 tcohen hola tuxayo
13:56 tuxayo rmaints is probably fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
13:56 thd Joubu: I am reply to your email and fixing the broken link to the migration archive now.
13:56 oleonard wahanui is AWOL :(
13:56 tuxayo hi :)
13:56 tuxayo > wahanui is AWOL :(
13:56 tuxayo yes! ><
13:57 * oleonard chants wahanui wahanui wahanui
13:59 thd Joubu would you test again for the "slowness" from my test instance which you had reported now or after the meeting?
14:02 Joubu sorry
14:02 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021
14:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 28 14:02:44 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_28_july_2021'
14:02 kidclamp info Nick Clemens,  ByWaterSolutions
14:02 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:03 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens,  ByWaterSolutions
14:03 petrova #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:03 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_28_July_2021
14:03 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:03 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:03 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:03 Joubu cait1, tcohen, oleonard?
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:04 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:04 oleonard I'm here Joubu it just take a long time to type all that :D
14:04 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
14:04 Joubu I got a reply for the KohaCon21 team, and they sent an email to koha-devel
14:04 Joubu "Website of Kohacon2021 has been live. Kindly checked and inform then community accordingly." -
14:04 Joubu #info KohaCon21 has a website!
14:05 tuxayo :D
14:05 marcelr https
14:05 Joubu
14:05 Joubu indeed
14:06 Joubu Anyone have something to announce?
14:06 Joubu (that is not related to the roadmap topics)
14:06 Joubu #topic Update from the Release manager (21.11)
14:06 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:06 Joubu Last week has been a bit chaotic for Jenkins after I pushed bug 17600. But it looks quite stable now.
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, Standardize the EXPORT
14:07 Joubu It's still not green, for other reasons (bug 28632 and bug 28585).
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28632 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , patrons.t fragile on slow boxes
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28585 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Cannot search on date fields
14:07 Joubu Other things coming later (roadmap)
14:07 Joubu any questions?
14:07 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:07 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:08 Joubu I think Kyle is going to announce 21.05.02 soon
14:08 tuxayo #info 20.05x & 20.11.x : last release went well.
14:08 Joubu others have been announced already I think
14:08 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:09 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:09 kidclamp Trying to QA stuff and filing more bugs as i go :-)
14:09 cait1 for Kohacon - can/shall I add the link to the webseite?
14:10 cait1 sorry, was too late :)
14:10 cait1 QA queue looks reasonable, but we have a lot of bigger patches I think and the NSO and bad bugs are up
14:10 Joubu cait1: yes I think so
14:11 cait1 so... no time to rest really
14:11 cait1 Joubu: do you want to higlight specific ones?
14:11 Joubu everything is a bit slow for the last weeks, maybe because of the holidays going on?
14:12 Joubu cait1: not now
14:12 cait1 I believe it's the summer holidays yes
14:13 cait1 at least in Europe... but that makes quite a few of the team
14:13 Joubu we lack QA dynamic
14:13 Joubu ok, moving on then..
14:13 Joubu Status of roadmap projects
14:13 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:13 Joubu I am going to list some topics on which I'd like to provide some info.
14:13 Joubu About the following two topics:
14:13 Joubu * Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from item form
14:13 Joubu * Refactor BackgroundJobs into Tasks
14:13 Joubu I have spent several days working on adapting (aka batch item deletion and modification) to use the task queue/Koha::BackgroundJobs. See bug 28445.
14:13 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
14:14 Joubu The changes look great to me, and I really would like to see it pushed ASAP.
14:14 Joubu I remind you that we removed the progress bar on the batch item mod for 21.05.00 which makes it high priority for 21.11.
14:14 Joubu There is a commit message with all the details and a complete test plan on bug 28445 comment 8. There is also a remote branch (on my gitlab) with all the patches applied.
14:14 Joubu Please test and provide me feedback :)
14:14 oleonard Joubu++
14:14 Joubu And, it's fun to test!
14:14 cait1 I'll be more available for testing in early August
14:15 cait1 and Joubu++ for pushing those projects :)
14:15 khall Joubu++
14:15 Joubu any questions about this?
14:16 Joubu * Improve the update database proces
14:16 Joubu I really need this ASAP - bug 25078, please?
14:16 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Update DB process - wrap each DBRev inside a transaction and better error handling
14:16 Joubu And, as I am RM and I am the one that bothers, I might push it without PQA stamp (what I would like to avoid)
14:17 Joubu Any objections about this move?
14:17 khall Joubu I will QA it
14:17 Joubu thx khall!
14:17 Joubu #action khall QA 25078
14:17 Joubu :D
14:17 Joubu * Improve our "news" module
14:17 Joubu Bug 22544 has been pushed and bug 24387 is waiting for QA
14:17 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, Move C4:NewsChannels to Koha namespace
14:17 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24387 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Rename News tool
14:18 Joubu This is a nice move as well. It extends (at least better than now) the "news" area/code/db/ui to handle several type of content
14:18 Joubu it's still not perfect but goes into the right direction IMO
14:19 Joubu QAers, action?
14:20 Joubu * Get rid of non-XSLT views
14:20 Joubu Bug 12561 is ready for testing!
14:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12561 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Remove non-XSLT views
14:20 Joubu We have been waiting for this one for....
14:20 marcelr push it
14:20 tcohen 10 years?
14:20 Joubu ho, 7 years
14:20 Joubu please, test it!
14:21 tcohen I'd like ti test it
14:21 oleonard Oh I didn't see that... I'll test it today
14:21 Joubu #action oleonard is going to test 12561
14:21 Joubu thx!
14:21 Joubu * Remove remaining SQL based installers (fr-FR, fr-CA, nb-NO) (bug 27829)
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:21 Joubu another big moves, cannot wait for too long
14:21 Joubu I want it for 21.11
14:21 Joubu Bug 27101 is ready for testing and bug 27622 needs bug 18984 first.
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27101 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Remove fr-CA installer data
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27622 minor, P5 - low, ---, magnus, NEW , Remove nb-NO installer data
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=18984 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Remove support for NORMARC
14:22 Joubu About fr-FR (bug 27619), Bernardo is working on providing a yaml installer file for UNIMARC frameworks.
14:22 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27619 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove fr-FR installer data
14:22 Joubu The work is huge and will need to be move fast once it's submitted.
14:22 Joubu wI will keep you in touch!
14:22 marcelr what will be the work flow ?
14:22 Joubu but at least we have 2 ready for testing already
14:22 Joubu everything in the default yml
14:23 Joubu the strings are extracted, translatable via pootle, etc.
14:23 Joubu normal workflow for translation
14:23 Joubu it's already how it works for all other languages, expect those 3 ones
14:23 Joubu that's why we don't want to keep them anymore
14:23 Joubu was it your question, marcelr?
14:24 tcohen +1
14:24 marcelr hmm and when someone adds notices or other translatable stuff?
14:24 Joubu marcelr: it's already how it works for a couple of release
14:24 cait1 just as info: have added the kohacon21 to the website.. still working out sorting in the menu, but proof reading would be nice
14:24 Joubu marcelr: have a look at installer/data/mysql/en/ma​ndatory/sample_notices.yml
14:25 cait1 marcelr: we switched all installers already last release, apart from these 3
14:25 marcelr yeah my question is the language stuff
14:25 cait1 so if you add a new notice
14:25 cait1 you need to change the notices.yml or someting and those 3 installers
14:25 cait1 once they are gone, we can only change the .yml
14:26 cait1 and the po files will catch it
14:26 marcelr great
14:26 cait1 if you have things specific to a language, you can add a custom .sql file
14:26 cait1 look ad de-DE - we use it to set up some prefs etc.
14:26 cait1 dateformat and such
14:26 Joubu bug 13897 was the first move, part of 20.05
14:26 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=13897 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, CLOSED FIXED, Use YAML files for installer data
14:27 Joubu and there is a custom.sql for localization stuffs
14:27 Joubu installer/data/mysql/localization/de-DE/custom.sql for instance
14:28 Joubu ok, moving on
14:28 Joubu * Merge 'issues' and 'reserves' tables with the old* counterparts
14:28 Joubu There were some movements on bug 25260. Ready for testing again!
14:28 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Merge 'reserves' and 'old_reserves' into a new 'holds' table
14:28 Joubu tcohen, something to add?
14:29 tcohen There was a test failure for which help is welcome
14:29 tcohen Please test!
14:29 tcohen :-D
14:30 Joubu tuxayo is saying it's not working ;)
14:30 tuxayo And a new warning about a notice template not found
14:30 Joubu but still NSO
14:30 tcohen will check!
14:31 Joubu * Wiki migration
14:31 Joubu I am waiting for thd reply to provide a version of what could be the new wiki, for testing
14:31 Joubu but he pingued me right before the meeting
14:32 thd I saw last weeks email today.  Last week I had to meet with my new landlord.
14:32 tcohen tuxayo you need to start over with ALL the patches applied
14:32 Joubu my main concern with your approach is the lack of versioning
14:32 tcohen it is not a 'rename this thing' atomic update (the last patch)
14:33 Joubu updating a .tar.gz with a bunch of directories and files make changes hard to follow
14:34 thd Versioning has been primitive and included a partial archive of image files etc. from the current wiki which I have moved over time.
14:35 Joubu thd: waiting for your reply by email
14:35 thd Changes have been documented in a changelog file but obviously not proper version control.
14:36 Joubu rm the unecessary files; git init; git add .; git commit -m"init"
14:36 Joubu then we are good :)
14:36 Joubu Should we approach another topic from the roadmap?
14:37 Joubu Did I miss one with activity on it?
14:37 Joubu I think I will reorder the different topics and move some of them down. Those that are lacking interest
14:38 cait1 ok
14:39 Joubu No other topics? Only "mine"?
14:40 marcelr :)
14:40 Joubu Good, easy to choose then :)
14:40 marcelr you are the roadmap
14:40 Joubu :D
14:40 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:40 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:40 Joubu *     ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts
14:41 Joubu we have been seeing this one for weeks
14:41 Joubu #action ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts (last postpone)
14:41 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:41 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:41 Joubu #topic Where/how to add helper methods/static methods for objects - Bugs 28709, 20817
14:41 Topic for #koha is now Where/how to add helper methods/static methods for objects - Bugs 28709, 20817 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
14:41 Joubu kidclamp?
14:41 kidclamp Hello
14:41 Joubu kidclamp sent an email to koha-devel about that
14:42 kidclamp We just need a decision about where/ow to add these methods
14:42 marcelr probably there is no generic answer
14:42 Joubu I bet everybody read it and have excellent suggestions
14:42 kidclamp :-)
14:42 tuxayo Of course! https://lists.koha-community.o[…]-July/046618.html
14:42 Joubu I would start with: if you have "Util[s]" in the name of the module, you are wrong
14:42 Joubu because it's too generic
14:42 kidclamp Essentially, shoudl helper methods that don't use the objects be added to the Object modules, or a Util module
14:43 Joubu (and yes, I am the one who started C4::Utils)
14:43 marcelr imo a small helper method could be in the same module?
14:43 marcelr move it when it is needed on larger scale ?
14:44 marcelr Joubu: C4/Utils is a great name ;)
14:44 petrova joined #koha
14:45 Joubu I had the same problem with 28445. Koha::Items->batch_update is calling a "apply_regex" method
14:45 Joubu but Koha::Items->apply_regex does not make sense (it's where it is, still...)
14:45 Joubu and it's hard to find another place because we don't have "generic but not to generic" modules
14:45 Joubu too*
14:46 khall Joubu this is why static methods exist in OOP, to keep related methods within the same class
14:47 Joubu it should be static and private then
14:47 Joubu but the apply_regex actually apply a regex on any strings :)
14:47 tcohen[…]ach/
14:47 Joubu so it shouldn't belong to Koha::Items
14:47 marcelr that one could move
14:48 tcohen sample OO class for munging strings
14:48 Joubu but all can move :)
14:48 Joubu that was my point
14:48 marcelr depends if you think it will be used elsewhere too
14:48 marcelr this sounds like that
14:48 marcelr not just a private thingy
14:49 khall yeah, in this example, custom_cover_image_url would *not* be privige
14:49 khall but there's no reason to move it out of Koha::Biblio, it can and imo should be a static method since the code relates directly to Biblios
14:50 marcelr good case for keeping it
14:50 Joubu because you could get the url for an item? :)
14:50 Joubu cover images are for items as well now
14:51 Joubu so imo it should be part of a Koha::CoverImage[::Local?] module
14:51 Joubu and be a static method
14:51 cait1 Sorry, have to leave a little early
14:53 * kidclamp can be convinced either way - I just want a path to PQA :-P
14:53 Joubu I don't care about your example, it can go however you want
14:53 Joubu but it would be good to discuss the problem, because it's global
14:54 Joubu we are recreating the "monolithic modules" problem we had with C4
14:54 Joubu "holdability calculation" business exploded in different Koha:: classes, etc. for instance
14:55 Joubu ok ok
14:55 tcohen I think we need to discuss case by case, sorry
14:55 Joubu a monologue was not the point, and I don't try to convince any of you about where we should have the image_url method
14:56 marcelr Koha is a mess before C4 disappears?
14:56 khall Joubu if I module gets to big, we can break it up, but there's no reason to create a new module to hold one sub
14:56 dpk joined #koha
14:56 petrova joined #koha
14:57 tcohen there are reasons
14:57 tcohen he, design reasons
14:57 Joubu it was an example
14:57 tcohen if you consider cover images as resources
14:58 Joubu Koha::Patron->queue_notice # this is not a patron business
14:58 tcohen we could make them fit the RESTful API design and be embeddable, etc
14:58 Joubu (and that's only an other example)
14:58 marcelr we could have a conference about these
14:59 tcohen like Koha::Item->cover_images return an array of Koha::CoverImage objects that know how to render themselves on an API response
14:59 marcelr cool
15:00 Joubu kidclamp: go with that, and open another bug report, please?
15:00 Joubu "with that" => your version
15:01 Joubu moving on?
15:01 Joubu #topic Can we move forward on Bug 28376 - Replace obsolete jquery-ui-timepicker-addon?
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Can we move forward on Bug 28376 - Replace obsolete jquery-ui-timepicker-addon? (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
15:01 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28376 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Replace obsolete jquery-ui-timepicker-addon
15:01 Joubu oleonard: ?
15:01 Joubu (yes, replace)
15:01 oleonard I don't know if anyone has had a chance to look, but I've added a revised patch
15:01 oleonard It makes some improvements to integration and provides more examples of implementation
15:01 Joubu not yet, but I will
15:02 oleonard I'm very happy so far with its functionality
15:02 kidclamp Joubu: okay for me, but bug 28071? and there is another recently complaining og utl
15:02 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28071 new feature, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Ability to batch remove titles from a list
15:02 kidclamp of util
15:02 Joubu if you are happy, we will be happy for sure :)
15:03 oleonard What kind of consensus do we want before it moves forward?
15:04 Joubu if it is looking good, works correctly, what else?
15:04 tcohen +1
15:04 tcohen Joubu you mentioned (yet) another library
15:04 oleonard It's a major change, so I wasn't sure if we wanted more than just a signoff.
15:05 Joubu if we want it into 21.11 it should be included soon
15:05 oleonard I'm hoping that we can start looking at replacing jQueryUI altogether as a next step.
15:07 Joubu I will try next week, oleonard
15:07 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:07 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 July 2021)
15:07 Joubu #info Next meeting: 11 August 2021, 14 UTC
15:08 Joubu #endmeeting
15:08 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:08 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 28 15:08:21 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:08 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-07-28-14.02.html
15:08 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-07-28-14.02.txt
15:08 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]28-14.02.log.html
15:09 tcohen JOubu++
15:09 tuxayo Thanks Joubu  :)
15:10 thd Joubu: Would you explain what specifically you found to be slow when you checked ?
15:10 tuxayo tcohen: bug 25260: so it's expected that updating the DB doesn't work? Starting with all the patches: that what I did as a fallback
15:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Merge 'reserves' and 'old_reserves' into a new 'holds' table
15:10 tcohen tuxayo I identified the error
15:10 tcohen and am submitting a revised patch
15:11 tcohen (avoiding follow-ups while it is NSO)
15:11 Joubu thd: it's way faster than when I tried
15:11 thd I may have been running something when you tried.
15:11 Joubu thd: is that expected that the search prefix the search?
15:11 Joubu -"[[Category:Obsolete]]" AND d
15:11 thd Yes.
15:12 thd That is JavaScript insert to dynamically exclude old content.
15:13 Joubu kidclamp: I cannot apply 20817 right now. But given this patch: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=118378
15:13 thd Thus any pages tagged [[Category:Obsolete]] would be archived and not returned as results in a query.
15:13 Joubu it's like Koha::Acq::Utils::GetMarcFieldsToOrderValues is actually fetching a pref, then returning MARC::Field?
15:15 thd It is then easy to set newly identified pages as archived and unset them if updated or cured of archive status.
15:16 thd [[Category:Obsolete]] has already been in use.
15:16 kidclamp "The return value is a hashref of key value pairs, where the keys are the field list parameters,and the values are extracted from the MARC record based on the key to MARC field mapping from the
15:16 kidclamp given system preference."
15:16 kidclamp Kyle just moves existing routines in scripts to a module
15:17 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:17 Joubu so it's not related to acquisition
15:17 Joubu it's a method for a Koha::Syspref module
15:18 tcohen it should be using C4::Context->yaml_preference
15:18 Joubu 32 This subroutine accepts a syspref ( MarcFieldsToOrder ),
15:18 Joubu 33 a marc record, and an arrayref of fields to retrieve.
15:18 Joubu 28 =head3 get_infos_syspref($syspref_name, $record, $field_list)
15:18 Joubu and
15:18 Joubu 145 $value = equal_number_of_fields(\@tags_list, $record);
15:18 Joubu 146
15:18 Joubu 147 Returns -1 if the number of instances of the given tags are not equal.
15:18 Joubu in the same module, that's weird
15:20 khall_ joined #koha
15:21 kidclamp @khall ^^
15:21 huginn kidclamp: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
15:22 kidclamp khall ^^
15:24 tuxayo tcohen: «I identified the error» great :)
15:24 khall_ tcohen can you put a comment on that bug?
15:33 Joubu see you tomorrow, #koha
15:39 reiveune bye
15:39 reiveune left #koha
15:41 oleonard Testing Bug 25260, gives me an error:
15:41 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Merge 'reserves' and 'old_reserves' into a new 'holds' table
15:41 oleonard DBIx::Class::ResultSource::_resolve_join(): No such relationship itembib on Hold at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/ line 444
15:41 oleonard at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ line 77
15:41 oleonard Anyone know if that's a problem just on my end?
16:13 khall joined #koha
16:14 tcohen joined #koha
16:20 tcohen joined #koha
18:27 agmoyano joined #koha
18:53 oleonard ∩(`・ω・´)∩
20:42 agmoyano joined #koha
20:43 caroline_catlady does anyone have tips for build_holds_queue? I'm looking at all the settings and I can't see why it doesn't work
22:04 stallings joined #koha
22:07 stallings The "log in to your account" button on my OPAC is no longer working, similar to https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24803, but we use OAuth. It's data-toggle="modal" that prevents the link from opening.
22:07 huginn Bug 24803: blocker, P5 - low, ---, dcook, CLOSED FIXED, Clicking "Log in to your account" throws fatal Javascript error
22:30 agmoyano joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary