IRC log for #koha, 2021-05-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:06 brad joined #koha
01:07 brad hello
01:08 brad does anybody knows how to create a php script that imports partrons data w/ md5 password to koha bcrypt encryption password?
01:09 tuxayo hi brad :)
01:09 brad coz we want to integrate/automate our existing database to koha ..thanks
01:10 tuxayo > partrons data w/ md5 password
01:10 tuxayo So it's not the plain text password
01:10 tuxayo > to koha bcrypt encryption
01:10 tuxayo It's not possible to set passwords from just their MD5
01:11 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:14 brad we want to migrate our old koha 2.2.9 borrowers table w/ md5 password to latest koha 20.11 brycrpt
01:16 tuxayo It's not straitforward possible. There might be ways to circumvent that with some efforts.
01:17 tuxayo I don't have experience in this but, by the same way your new patrons and staff have their password set, you could use that way after upgrading Koha and loosing the passwords in the process.
01:17 tuxayo It's just an idea that came to my mind
01:18 tuxayo That could mean a lot of manual setting of passwords ^^"
01:19 tuxayo[…]atron-import-file
01:19 tuxayo > If your passwords are already encrypted, talk to your systems administrator about options
01:19 tuxayo i.e. it will get complicated ^_^"
01:21 brad is there any we can create a php script that insert patron data on koha databae borrowers table?
01:21 brad we dont knw ta bycrypt type koha use
01:21 tuxayo Sure, it's just a regular table on whatever DBMS (database) you have
01:22 tuxayo "ta" ?
01:22 brad "the"
01:22 tuxayo ok
01:23 brad coz in our old koha 2.2.9 we create a php script that will automatically insert borrowers/patron data in md5 when new enrolled student created in our main database
01:27 tuxayo Are there variation of bcrypt?
01:28 brad old koha uses md5 while latest koha uses bcrypt type password
01:30 tuxayo brad: hey it should work straitforward! :D
01:30 tuxayo[…]/C4/
01:30 tuxayo >     # check what encryption algorithm was implemented: Bcrypt - if the hash starts with '$2' it is Bcrypt else md5
01:30 tuxayo of course there is something like that, otherwise it would be a huge mess upgrading old Koha's which is what you are doing
01:31 tuxayo IIUC the new password (new users or change of password) when done via Koha should use Bcrypt by default
01:32 tuxayo > we create a php script that will automatically insert borrowers/patron data in md5 when new enrolled student created in our main database
01:32 tuxayo You mean it's not via Koha that the password are chosen and saved?
01:37 brad we want student portal password and kohas patron password will be the same
01:40 brad and also employees accounts
01:40 davewood joined #koha
01:50 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:54 tuxayo brad: I see. It would be great to adapt the php script to use bcrypt for new passwords. So in case of DB leak, these passwords would be much much safely protected.
01:54 tuxayo So will be the other accounts elsewhere of the persons using the same passwords.
02:17 tuxayo joined #koha
02:49 AndrewFH joined #koha
05:35 did joined #koha
05:52 lds joined #koha
06:24 alex_a joined #koha
06:24 alex_a Bonjour
06:28 reiveune joined #koha
06:28 reiveune hello
06:43 lds joined #koha
06:44 paul_p joined #koha
06:44 lds joined #koha
06:48 cait joined #koha
06:50 cait1 joined #koha
07:17 sophie_m1 joined #koha
07:27 lds joined #koha
07:49 fridolin joined #koha
08:16 nlegrand joined #koha
08:16 nlegrand Bonjour #koha!
08:23 kohaputti joined #koha
08:30 lds_ joined #koha
08:39 dcook Ahhhhh Plack. Whyyyy
08:39 dcook haha
08:39 ashimema hugs
08:44 matts I can feel the desperation in that scream, dcook :)
08:46 dcook Thanks ashimema and matts :)
08:46 dcook It looks like if you mount a PSGI app within another PSGI app.. it doesn't quite work the way the documentation says it should
08:46 dcook It'll find the nested app, but the higher level app does this weird internal 404 thing..
08:47 lds joined #koha
08:47 dcook Maybe I'm doing somethign wrong but it's weiiird
08:52 dcook Unless..
08:54 magnuse \o/
08:54 dcook Yep nope makes no sense :(
08:56 pastebot "dcook" at pasted "plack being the worst" (3 lines) at
09:03 dcook It's handling a 302 ok so it must be something else..
09:08 dcook Ugh... Mojolicious does some really weird stuff..
09:08 dcook Or maybe it's just Koha..
09:08 dcook Something is very messed up
09:09 dcook Getting tonnes of 200 statuses for things that are actually 404s..
09:11 dcook For example: http://localhost:8081/mojo
09:16 dcook Whelp even more discouraged than I was this morning. Wasted 2 hours of my life for nothing :D.
09:17 dcook ciao #koha
09:18 magnuse joined #koha
09:30 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:32 kohaputti joined #koha
10:06 fridolin i have issue with unstable deb
10:06 fridolin E: Impossible de récupérer http://debian.koha-community.o[…]e177268-1_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP : 80]
10:07 fridolin where do i find unstable repo  ?
10:07 * fridolin on bionic
10:11 khall joined #koha
10:12 kidclamp joined #koha
10:21 cait joined #koha
10:28 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:34 oleonard joined #koha
10:35 oleonard Hi #koha
10:39 fridolin Bug 28327 never ending story of delimiter ;)
10:39 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28327 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , System preference CSVdelimiter special case for tabulation
10:57 urra[m] joined #koha
10:57 tamirci[m] joined #koha
10:58 lds_ joined #koha
10:59 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:08 magnuse joined #koha
11:38 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:38 tcohen morning
11:39 ashimema morning tcohen
11:39 ashimema hope you are well today?
11:39 tcohen I am
11:39 tcohen :-D
11:39 ashimema excellent :)
11:41 * ashimema is looking at the roles page before the meeting later today..
11:42 ashimema I'm tempted to rename Joubu's new 'IRC Meeting Facilitator' idea to something else.. to showcase it's as much about helping make sure the roadmap progresses as it is about chairing meetings.
11:43 ashimema it's almost a 'Community manager/Community secretary/chair' role (which also sounds better on paper so might be an easier sell to the purse string holders in companies)
11:43 tcohen I've just noticed we include jquery.validate, and am happy  he
11:43 ashimema hehe
11:44 ashimema I use it extensively in some of the accounts stuff
11:44 ashimema It has its quirks but is generally pretty usable
11:45 magnuse did the behaviour of searching for tags change at some point? example: i have a koha where q=perl returns 5 hits. then i have tagged 2 of those records + 1 other record with "perl". the link from the tag is tag=perl&q=perl. that only gives 3 hits. i was expecting 6 = the union(?) of all of the records tagged with "perl" and all records that contain "perl" somwhere in the marc data
11:46 magnuse or am i just misremembering how this used to be?
11:55 oleonard All I know is that the whole tags feature is neglected... has it changed at all since it was first introduced?
12:01 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:06 Joubu oleonard: can you have a second look at bug 27899 please?
12:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27899 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Missing description for libraryNotPickupLocation on
12:06 Joubu would be good to have it pushed today (string freeze)
12:24 oleonard ByWater sandboxes STILL down? Anyone know what's going on with that?
12:27 Joubu ¡Ya esta! https://translate.koha-communi[…]g/projects/21.05/
12:30 oleonard PTFS-E sandboxes very popular :)
12:33 tcohen great!
12:33 ashimema :)
12:34 ashimema khall ^
12:35 * ashimema is actually surprised to see ptfs-e sandboxes up still at the moment.. i though i had them limited to 8 at the moment but it seems I forgot to reset from 10.. it's a bit under-resourced for 10..
12:35 ashimema still.. whilst it's working I shant touch it.. haha
12:36 khall joined #koha
12:36 lds joined #koha
12:40 lds joined #koha
12:54 henryb joined #koha
12:55 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:56 henryb Hi everyone
12:56 marie-luce joined #koha
12:56 oleonard tcohen: I can reproduce Bug 27899 using my usual testing database but not using the sample data. Do you know anything more specific about how to trigger the bug?
12:56 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27899 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Missing description for libraryNotPickupLocation on
13:00 henryb Can/should you use koha testing docker to create and edit plugins? I'm trying to learn more about plugins from the excellent guides around but I'm too much of a beginner to follow the beginner's guides :(
13:01 ashimema tcohen has added stuff to make k-t-d good for developing plugins..
13:01 ashimema must admit though.. I've not really used it myself for that yet
13:01 tcohen I use it daily
13:03 ashimema any tips for henryb
13:03 khall joined #koha
13:04 khall oleonard yep, they are still down. we are waiting on rackspace to upsize our private cloud so we can reluanch that server
13:05 tcohen henryb I'm opening my configuration files
13:05 ashimema what size server are/were they running on khall
13:05 tcohen henryb are you familiar with the aliases we have?
13:05 khall ashimema I really don't know, that's an Ops question ;)
13:05 ashimema Joubu is getting the biblibre one's setup and used the specs of the ptfs-e server to get an idea of what he needs.. our server is remarkably low spec for what it's running.. not really sure how it's still alive
13:05 ashimema hehe
13:06 ashimema no worries
13:06 tcohen however you launch KTD, take a look at the docker-compose.plugin.yml file
13:06 henryb tcohen yes I know ku/kd etc. but I have no idea how they work in the background
13:07 tcohen ok, then you have access to kup
13:07 tcohen the ku + plugin alias
13:07 tcohen you need to set PLUGIN_REPO=your/plugin/path
13:07 ashimema you have to set another env right.. to point to a plugin
13:07 tcohen before running it
13:07 ashimema hehe.. way ahead of me
13:07 Joubu It's 1G for the elastic container, then 1G per sandbox
13:08 Joubu so with 8G you can have MAX 6 sandboxes
13:08 ashimema lol.. so 11gb for the ptfs-e one's right now.. and I have only 6gb physical.. must be swapping like mad lol
13:08 tcohen henryb: once you launch with 'kup' instead of the old 'ku' you need to tweak koha-conf.xml to point to /kohadevbox/koha_plugin
13:09 * ashimema needs to nip to the shops before the meeting.. bbiab
13:09 henryb so you work on the plugin outside of KTD and point KTD to the plugin files and test it works using KTD? Rather than editing the plugin code directly from within KTD?
13:09 tcohen exactly
13:10 henryb thanks for showing me kup - I had missed that alias!
13:10 tcohen I use vscode for coding
13:11 henryb Thank you tcohen that makes much more sense now!
13:11 henryb tcohen++
13:11 tcohen a sec
13:11 tcohen do you already have the plugin?
13:11 tcohen structure?
13:12 henryb I thought I'd start trying to edit an existing plugin but maybe it would be better to follow your example from the Koha advent
13:13 tcohen ah, good idea
13:13 henryb So you need to have gulp and npm etc. running locally rather than just in KTD?
13:13 tcohen ashimema Joubu should we start planning the KohaAdvent21?
13:13 tcohen henryb that's why I was asking, I use a docker container to run the build
13:15 tcohen[…]ontainer_registry
13:15 tcohen that's old (node v8)
13:15 tcohen will update it
13:16 cait1 tcohen: should it be on the roadmap?
13:16 cait1 :)
13:16 tcohen yes! could you write it down?
13:16 tcohen I'm rushing to write some patches for holds while my brain is not completely useful
13:16 cait1 not right now, but thought worth writing it down smewhere
13:16 cait1 we'll have to rememberlater then :) batch editing stuff here
13:17 tcohen *useless
13:17 tcohen ah damn
13:17 tcohen I'll go write it
13:17 tcohen haha
13:17 tcohen bad cait
13:17 kidclamp cait++
13:17 kidclamp tcohen++
13:18 kidclamp you're both good :-)
13:18 cait1 thx kidclamp :)
13:20 tcohen thanks, indeed
13:20 cait1 hm no good reason why we can't search sort1 and sort2 from orders... are there?
13:20 cait1 and the note fields
13:20 cait1 *sigh*
13:21 tcohen where are you looking at?
13:21 tcohen *holds * holds (says a little fairy in my brain)
13:22 cait1 acq advanced search
13:22 cait1 it would totally make sense to have them there, but we don't
13:22 cait1 it#s ok, just looking for a field the library can use
13:22 cait1 on order line level
13:24 Joubu cait1: I have it in my calendar since last december ;)
13:26 thd joined #koha
13:26 * tcohen is anxious to rewrite all orders listing pages with the API now
13:27 cait1 tcohen: i am very worried about you
13:27 tcohen I'll be fine haha
13:36 petrov_ joined #koha
13:49 oleonard-away Anyone know if there is a reason for an "x-code" attribute on a <script> tag? I can't seem to Google up anything about it.
13:51 oleonard Hm, I guess it's just an odd hack?[…]c/
13:52 oleonard[…]c/
13:56 kohaputti the translation strings got just pushed?
13:57 tuxayo Hi #koha :)
13:57 cait1 tuxayo++
13:57 tuxayo ?
13:57 cait1 thx for working on all the hard bugs :)
13:57 cait1 mailnig list etc.
13:57 cait1 love it
13:57 nlegrand ^^
13:57 tuxayo thanks for the weekly emails, it's motivating :D
13:58 cait1 yay :)
13:58 Joubu kohaputti: yes, the 21.05 project has been created few hours ago
13:59 kohaputti Joubu, awesome
14:01 Joubu #startmeeting General IRC meeting 12 March 2021
14:01 huginn Meeting started Wed May 12 14:01:31 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_12_march_2021'
14:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:01 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_12_May_2021
14:01 nugged o/
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio USA
14:02 ashimema funny.. we don't have any Bugwrangler standing yet
14:02 kohaputti #info Joonas Kylmälä
14:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:02 ashimema that post is usually one that fills up
14:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02 * ashimema is waiting on a confirmation to add a name to that little group
14:02 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:03 Joubu #chair ashimema
14:03 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
14:03 Joubu #chair cait
14:03 ashimema qa_team?
14:03 huginn Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
14:03 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
14:03 tuxayo ha ha
14:03 Joubu I am in a meeting, please help me chairing
14:03 ashimema sure thing
14:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
14:04 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, Oulu
14:04 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:04 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:04 ashimema Koha is awesome!
14:04 Joubu #info Koha is awesome!
14:05 ashimema :P
14:05 ashimema You've sent out the release schedule and dates.. we could remind people the email is out there ;)
14:05 Joubu #info String freeze is today!
14:05 kohaputti was? :)
14:05 Joubu Nothing much PQA today so I think you are good for starting the translation
14:05 petrov_ #info Petro Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, Oulu
14:06 tcohen can we wait one more day?
14:06 tcohen :-d
14:06 Joubu kohaputti: Bernardo told me he can regenerate the strings if needed later today
14:06 kohaputti Joubu, ok
14:06 ashimema #info Release is scheduled for 28th May - Keep your final bugfixes and qa momentum going everyone :)
14:07 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:07 ashimema nice to see you patrov_ :)
14:07 Joubu all good for me, please focus on the 21.05 tag
14:07 Joubu
14:07 Joubu that's the one you should have bookmarked already
14:08 Joubu there are some there that are blocker for the release
14:08 Joubu bug 28317
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28317 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Remove CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml dependency by using the default serializer
14:08 Joubu bug 28302
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28302 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Koha does not work with CGI::Compile 0.24
14:08 Joubu bug 28200
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28200 major, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Net::Netmask 1.9104-2 requires constructor change for backwards compatibility
14:08 Joubu at least those 3
14:09 ashimema Their at the top of my list for after this meeting ;)
14:09 ashimema it's been a busy few days :|
14:09 Joubu n
14:09 Joubu need eyes on bug 27916
14:09 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27916 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Fee paid message can crash SIP server if paying fee that is not "renewable"
14:09 Joubu and there are 4 criticals (check the dashboard), waiting for patches!
14:10 * ashimema will have another go at a test
14:10 Joubu any questions?
14:10 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:10 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:10 Joubu rmaints?
14:11 cait1 sorry,... my alarm didn't go off
14:11 Joubu @later tell rangi wahanui is not with us!
14:11 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:12 tuxayo > wahanui is not with us!
14:12 tuxayo We can't do confettis!
14:12 Joubu #info stable releases are scheduled for 24/25th
14:13 Joubu #topic Election of the Koha 21.11 Release Team
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Election of the Koha 21.11 Release Team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:13 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.11
14:13 Joubu Do we missing people there?
14:13 cait1 tuxayo: right... might have to postpone elections withotu confettis! ;)
14:13 tuxayo lol
14:13 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:14 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:14 oleonard ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。 <- confetti alternative
14:14 Joubu Thanks ashimema for picking the IRC role!
14:14 ashimema no worries..
14:14 Joubu caroline_catlady: no more in the documentation team?
14:14 ashimema hopefully I can make it feel like a good role for someone to step into for the 22.05 cycle
14:15 Joubu ashimema: AndrewFH told me he is willing to do it for 22.05!
14:15 kohaputti Is Agustin Moyano wanting to continue in QA?
14:15 kohaputti Agustin was in 21.05 release team
14:15 Joubu (I have proof of that)
14:15 ashimema I just added Sally as a bugwrangler.. she's just getting the go ahead for it from her boss ;).. we can remove it if she doesn't but I wanted it on there for the vote
14:15 tcohen yes
14:15 tcohen he forgot to add himself
14:15 tcohen Agustin
14:16 cait1 I think we could still nominate caroline_catlady later - if she is not around now
14:16 henryb Sally++
14:16 cait1 i think she wanted to, but was still figuring out docs manager role?
14:16 cait1 Sally++
14:16 ashimema indeed
14:16 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]or_RM_21.11_joubu
14:17 Joubu from this link, there is "Most of my time will be on RM duties and help the 21.11 roadmap topics"
14:17 Joubu #link
14:17 Joubu which is really what I would like to do next cycle, focussing on what is in the roadmap
14:17 cait1 makes sense to me
14:17 Joubu if you need my help, please add your topic/work there
14:17 tcohen Agreed
14:17 ashimema +1
14:18 tcohen what is the deadline for the roadmap?
14:18 Joubu I won't help nothing big not in the roadmap
14:18 tcohen :-D
14:18 cait1 I'll try to check out the roadmap for possible additions before next week
14:18 cait1 if that's ok?
14:18 Joubu June 1st
14:18 * ashimema too
14:18 ashimema I've had a quick look but not a really detailed one yet.. I don't want to over-commit myself this time ;)
14:19 Joubu good idea, ashimema ;)
14:19 cait1 are we planning on prioritizing projects too?
14:19 cait1 can we info that?
14:19 Joubu you can still help other topics when you will have done all the ones you commited to
14:19 kohaputti The C4-namespace stuff is still causing delays in fixing bugs
14:19 tcohen ashimema can you help me with the holds table again, this cycle?
14:19 cait1 #info June 1st is the deadline for the 21.11 roadmap
14:19 ashimema certainly tcohen
14:20 cait1 i am a little worried we will get a long list but be spread out too much
14:20 cait1 maybe good to mark what you will be focusing on first /highest priority
14:20 cait1 also helps to see where we need to push qa/testing
14:21 ashimema as part of 'IRC Meeting Facilitator' we talk about keeping roadmap topics on track.. that's where I intend on focusing most of my effort in that role (and I suggested perhaps we rename the role if it makes sense to)
14:21 Joubu kohaputti: I've stopped working on moving code from C4 to Koha because it took too long to get the changes tested and QAed
14:21 ashimema we want to keep the list short and work through it.. if we finish one, perhaps we can add another in it's place.. capping a maximum that can appear on it at any given time or something along those lines.
14:21 Joubu cait1: topics without enough people will be moved down
14:22 ashimema yup
14:22 cait1 Joubu: maybe we can talk sometime about how the move could progress (namespace)
14:22 henryb Oops, I just added mine at the top
14:22 cait1 if it's accessilbity that might be a good spot :)
14:23 Joubu henryb: no worries, we will reorder later
14:23 ashimema all good henry.. we'll sort them once we have an initial list and have pinned people down to help ;)
14:23 cait1 I got to leave in 5 minutes, but could you count a +1 from me for the elections? Really happy overall, especially with growing QA team
14:23 ashimema #link Provisional Roadmap for 21.11
14:23 cait1 everyone signing up fresh for QA: expect a weekly email from me :)
14:23 Joubu yes, nice QA team :)
14:25 Joubu what's the vote syntax?
14:25 tcohen yes :-D
14:26 cait1 it's on the chairing meetings wiki page :P
14:26 ashimema / #startvote <Question> <Options, comma separated>
14:26 cait1 i think it's startvote question options
14:26 cait1 yep
14:26 cait1 and end with a ?
14:26 cait1 or it won't like it
14:26 cait1 the question part :)
14:26 ashimema #startvote Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now? Yes, No, Abstain
14:26 huginn Begin voting on: Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:26 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:27 cait1 #vote yes
14:27 ashimema #vote Yes
14:27 tuxayo #vote yes
14:27 tcohen #vote yes
14:27 henryb #vote yes
14:27 Joubu #vote yes
14:27 cait1 got to go! reading back later!
14:27 tcohen wait, is is case sensitive?
14:27 thd #vote Yes
14:27 tcohen #vote Yes
14:27 tuxayo hum
14:27 oleonard #vote Yes
14:27 * tuxayo check the old votes
14:28 kohaputti probably yes, but who is Wainui Witika-Park for 19.11 release maintainer?
14:28 ashimema I've never worked out if it's case sensative.. but it does take your last vote if you vote twice ;)
14:28 khall #vote Yes
14:28 henryb #vote Yes
14:28 tuxayo kohaputti: Wainui is from Catalyst
14:28 ashimema She is new at catalyst kohaputti, she's been working through accessability bugs to date
14:28 kohaputti ok, I trust you guys, then my vote:
14:29 kohaputti #vote yes
14:29 ashimema but.. she will have the backup of a good team at catalyst behind her.. Aliesha, Chris etc.
14:29 nugged #vote yes
14:29 tuxayo Vote isn't case sensitive
14:29 Joubu nugged: great to see you around ;)
14:29 ashimema OK.. will give it another minute for stragglers then call it.
14:30 ashimema 5
14:30 ashimema 4
14:30 ashimema 3
14:30 kidclamp #vote yes
14:30 ashimema 2
14:30 ashimema 1
14:30 ashimema #endvote
14:30 huginn Voted on "Do we agree to vote in the next release team as it stands on the wiki page right now?" Results are
14:30 huginn Yes (12): Joubu, cait1, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, kohaputti, khall, kidclamp, henryb, tcohen, nugged, thd
14:30 tuxayo confetti!
14:30 tcohen confetti!
14:30 ashimema 🎊
14:30 tuxayo ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。
14:31 ashimema confetti!
14:31 tuxayo ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。
14:31 tuxayo 🎊
14:32 oleonard ٩(✪ꀾ⍟༶)و
14:32 oleonard (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง
14:32 ashimema #topic Actions from last meeting
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:32 ashimema Looks like it was a clear slate last meeting :)
14:32 ashimema anyone have any other buisines?
14:32 thd Good to see that some of my system fonts work for confetti :)
14:32 tuxayo ^^
14:33 ashimema ok
14:33 ashimema #topic Time for next meeting
14:33 Topic for #koha is now Time for next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 12 March 2021)
14:33 * ashimema should have prepped this bit
14:34 Joubu 14UTC
14:34 ashimema 16th June sound reasonable..
14:34 Joubu 9th is in 4w
14:34 * ashimema tries to remember the syntax or the script.. it's been a while ;)
14:34 Joubu otherwise it will overlap with dev meeting
14:34 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 26 July 2017, 14 UTC
14:35 ashimema #info Next meeting: 09 June 2021, 14 UTC
14:35 ashimema ok with everyone?
14:35 tuxayo shoots, it's #info so my example ended up in the log :o
14:35 ashimema ok, lets call it that then :)
14:35 ashimema #endmeeting
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:35 huginn Meeting ended Wed May 12 14:35:56 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:35 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-05-12-14.01.html
14:35 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-05-12-14.01.txt
14:35 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]12-14.01.log.html
14:36 ashimema thanks everyone
14:36 kohaputti thanks!
14:36 tuxayo See you in 2017 o/
14:36 tcohen koha++
14:36 tcohen Joubu++
14:36 tuxayo thanks for chairing joubu++ ashimema++
14:38 tuxayo thanks oleonard for supplying the backup confettis
14:38 henryb Thanks all!
14:38 oleonard tuxayo: We saw you in 2017, so I guess your message back in time worked
14:38 tuxayo :o
14:39 tcohen indeed :-D
14:39 tuxayo nope, started in october 2017
14:40 henryb Terrible film pitch: someone creates a time machine and uses it to attend more meetings
14:40 oleonard Shoot I didn't check the month :D
14:40 tcohen henryb hahahaha
14:41 oleonard Basically what Hermione did with the Time-Turner in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
14:41 tuxayo good film pitch: use it to report bad bugs and bring patches from the future
14:44 henryb Amazing film pitch: use it to write patches for future bugs not yet reported
14:45 henryb Unfortunately, the bugs all get together and send a super bug back in time to break the time machine
14:45 oleonard We find out in the future that once enough bugs are reported in Bugzilla, the bugs become sentient.
14:46 tuxayo time machine running Koha lol. Talk about feature creep
14:46 oleonard If we check the log I think you'll find that adding a time machine to Koha has always been part of the plan.
14:47 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Release_Teams#21.05_Team updated :)
14:49 tuxayo BTW what does the C4 namespace means?
14:49 oleonard Modules in the C4 directory instead of Koha
14:54 ashimema The system they had at Horowhenua before Koha was called C2 or something like that I think..
14:54 ashimema so they called Koha's module namespace 'C4' as a throw back..
14:54 ashimema something like that anyway
14:55 * ashimema asked rangi once
14:55 henryb Is this official? By wizzyrea:
14:56 henryb "Koha was originally called "C4" which according to Rosalie Blake at HLT meant "Cheap, Cheerful Copy of Catalist" (their former system)."
14:56 henryb "According to Chris Cormack, C4 meant "It might go asplodey in your face." Little known fact: Koha was also briefly named Kumara (sweet potato)"
14:56 tuxayo :D thanks for these infos
14:56 tcohen I always thought it was a reference to
14:56 tcohen :-D
14:56 ashimema nice find henry
14:57 ashimema oh cool
14:57 oleonard henryb: wizzyrea would have been working with good data but it doesn't look like it was maintained
14:57 ashimema I love that.. 'Cheap, Cheerful Copy of Catalist' is a much cooler history
14:57 * ashimema commits that to his memory instead
14:57 ashimema I did know about Kumara though :)..
14:57 ashimema I'm sure I've seen that mentioned a few times
14:58 Joubu and kumara history is still available (and counted in the git stats)
14:59 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_and_Shrinking
14:59 Joubu not that link
14:59 Joubu[…]-community/kumara
14:59 tuxayo :D
14:59 Joubu[…]63cedb198dc65e120
15:03 reiveune bye
15:03 reiveune left #koha
15:04 tuxayo 21 years ago ^^"
15:04 lukeG joined #koha
15:04 tuxayo And there was an automated test!
15:06 fridolin Joubu: hi, Bug 27621 do I backport ?
15:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27621 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Remove it-IT installer data
15:06 Joubu no
15:07 fridolin ok thanks
15:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #86: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/86/
15:13 tuxayo Some long history article about Koha:
15:15 paul_p__ joined #koha
15:16 cait1 :)
15:16 cait1 we have a holiday here tomorrow, back Friday latest
15:16 khall_ joined #koha
15:17 henryb Enjoy your holiday cait1! Do the other caits get the day off too?
15:17 ashimema lol
15:18 tuxayo Enjoy! cait1 :)
15:18 cait1 henryb: i sure hope so!
15:18 cait1 :)
15:18 henryb :D
15:19 cait1 left #koha
15:19 * tuxayo will continue reading the history latter.
15:19 tuxayo In case that helps, here are the explicitly highlighted tickets during the meeting: bug 28317 bug 28302 bug 28200 bug 27916
15:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28317 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Remove CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml dependency by using the default serializer
15:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28302 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Koha does not work with CGI::Compile 0.24
15:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28200 major, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Net::Netmask 1.9104-2 requires constructor change for backwards compatibility
15:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27916 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Failed QA , Fee paid message can crash SIP server if paying fee that is not "renewable"
15:24 fridolin left #koha
15:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #102: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/102/
15:28 fridolin joined #koha
15:28 fridolin Joubu: Bug 28248 I must backport right ?
15:28 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28248 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Exception when getting all orders
15:29 Joubu yes
15:30 Joubu well, it's not in master, it's for 20.11
15:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #80: SUCCESS in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/80/
15:30 fridolin oki
15:30 fridolin thanks again
15:30 fridolin left #koha
15:36 paul_p joined #koha
15:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #82: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/82/
15:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #97: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/97/
15:44 cait joined #koha
15:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #103: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/103/
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: DBRev <[…]99f9ddc1c7f949982>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28189: (QA folloq-up) Fix fallback case <[…]208ad2e5f5d58586a>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28091: Only show for logged in users <[…]6fe527ffb1cdfde1a>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: Restore hidding items on detail <[…]9a37ac6bdb3efc3a1>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: (QA follow-up) Make controllers use Koha::Biblio->hidden_in_opac <[…]805d81c698ac8e550>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: (QA follow-up) Make Koha::Biblio->hidden_in_opac aware of OpacHiddenItemsH... <[…]2b74f2301b80d6649>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28189: Move swagger file to YAML format <[…]d9ffe3ddc334f4070>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: Fix syspref's value selection <[…]0dd53f7085b3e4585>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28091: add meta content with Koha version to staff client pages <[…]332e54fb6c390a70c>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: (QA follow-up) Have new preference default to current behaviour <[…]717feab44597cd17a>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: (QA follow-up) Terminology fixes and linking the system preference in... <[…]f97111416c653cf21>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: Add atomic update <[…]bf40c6d61387c257d>
15:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18989: Allow displaying biblios with all items hidden by OpacHiddenItems <[…]361394844b3d1e5e3>
16:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #81: SUCCESS in 1 hr 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/81/
16:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #87: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/87/
16:11 caroline_catlady joined #koha
16:16 matts_ joined #koha
16:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #104: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/104/
16:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #83: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/83/
16:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #111: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D11/111/
16:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #82: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/82/
16:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #81: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/81/
16:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #98: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/98/
16:59 georgew joined #koha
16:59 will1410 joined #koha
16:59 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:01 will1410 left #koha
17:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #88: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/88/
17:12 khall joined #koha
17:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #329: UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/329/
17:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #589: UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/589/
17:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1652: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1652/
17:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #291: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/291/
18:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #571: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/571/
18:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1647: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1647/
18:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #292: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/292/
18:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1653: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1653/
18:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #572: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/572/
19:37 davidnind joined #koha
19:45 khall joined #koha
19:58 khall joined #koha
20:19 davidnind left #koha
20:34 khall joined #koha
20:45 khall joined #koha
21:00 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:21 khall joined #koha
22:19 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary