IRC log for #koha, 2021-04-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:39 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:58 AndrewFH joined #koha
04:37 Joubu joined #koha
05:10 chriss joined #koha
05:25 jeff joined #koha
05:27 did joined #koha
05:47 jeff joined #koha
05:50 chriss joined #koha
06:15 magnuse \o/
06:27 reiveune joined #koha
06:28 reiveune hello
06:29 cait joined #koha
06:30 cait1 joined #koha
06:31 cait1 good morning #koha
06:37 fridolin joined #koha
06:44 nlegrand joined #koha
06:50 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 alex_a Bonjour
06:53 nlegrand Bonjour !
06:53 nlegrand Bonjour alex_a
06:54 matts joined #koha
07:01 lds joined #koha
07:02 paul_p joined #koha
07:13 alex_a joined #koha
08:55 Joubu anyone around familiar with the "return claim" workflow?
08:57 Joubu when is supposed to be removed the LOST av (ClaimReturnedLostValue) from items.itemlost?
09:07 fridolin Joubu:  hi, Bug 28230 whould you say it is also for old branches ? even with dependancy on 22824 only in master
09:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28230 blocker, P5 - low, ---, joonas.kylmala, Pushed to master , Renewing/Checking out record with AE or OE letter in title can make Koha totally unfunctional
09:07 matts_ joined #koha
09:08 Joubu fridolin: try the test
09:08 Joubu if it passes, you don't need the patches
09:09 Joubu only master *should* be affected
09:11 fridolin oki
09:12 fridolin mmm caches with and without patch
09:12 fridolin but maybe my install is not ok
09:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #79: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/79/
09:34 Joubu caches?
09:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #77: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/77/
09:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #73: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/73/
09:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #97: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/97/
10:03 lds_ joined #koha
10:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #93: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/93/
10:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #80: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/80/
10:22 oleonard Hi
10:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #75: SUCCESS in 1 hr 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/75/
10:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #76: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/76/
10:28 oleonard So... this doesn't work: [% SEARCH_RESULT.${status}_count | html %]
10:28 oleonard Can I make it work?
10:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #74: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/74/
10:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #106: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D11/106/
10:51 cait joined #koha
10:56 oleonard \o\ \o| /o/
11:00 cait joined #koha
11:03 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:03 magnuse \o/
11:03 magnuse "
11:06 Joubu oleonard: maybe try [% SET status_count_var = status _ '_count' %] then [% SEARCH_RESULT.$status_count_var | html %]?
11:08 oleonard Thanks Joubu I will try that. I was hoping I was missing a solution with fewer steps.
11:08 Joubu otherwise maybe SEARCH_RESULT.item(status _ '_count')?
11:16 lds joined #koha
11:30 lds joined #koha
11:40 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:42 tcohen hola
11:46 oleonard Hi tcohen
11:55 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:04 Joubu asking again my question:
12:04 Joubu anyone around familiar with the "return claim" workflow?
12:04 Joubu when is supposed to be removed the LOST av (ClaimReturnedLostValue) from items.itemlost?
12:05 * oleonard doesn't know
12:06 Joubu AndrewFH or kidclamp maybe?
12:07 AndrewFH Do you mean when should the item go back to itemlost=0?
12:07 Joubu yes
12:08 AndrewFH either when the item gets checked in or when staff manually edit it. Marking an item found doesn't resolve the claim and resolving the claim doesn't mark it found
12:09 AndrewFH (although some automation of that linkage is a logical next enhancement for the process)
12:09 Joubu you cannot manually edit itemlost if the value is equal to ClaimReturnedLostValue
12:09 Joubu and checking it in: "Item is lost, cannot be checked in."
12:10 AndrewFH is that true in all screens? my memory is you could still edit it from the edit item screen, just not from the Items tab in the record
12:10 Joubu it's true from both screens
12:10 AndrewFH hmm, so you have BlockReturnofLostItems on? That's a mean little trap we've caught you in
12:11 Joubu yep, BlockReturnOfLostItems is on
12:11 AndrewFH yeah, that stinks, we need to give you some sort of route out of that
12:12 fridolin joined #koha
12:12 AndrewFH and by "you" I mean "one" or "the user"
12:15 AndrewFH did the lost status become uneditable when set to Claims due to bug 24279? or was there another patch in there?
12:15 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24279 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to master , Claims Returned does not work when set from or
12:16 Joubu yes it's coming from there
12:18 AndrewFH that seems questionable -- I understand that we don't want folks setting things TO claimed from there, but don't quite understand why we should block them from moving things out of claimed via item edit. at that point, the claim is already made and is being maintained independently of the lost status
12:18 * AndrewFH looks around for khall
12:19 Joubu shouldn't we remove the lost (claim) status when the claim is resolved?
12:22 AndrewFH I don't see any clear reason not to, that makes sense to me. But then again libraries are weird and I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there really doesn't want the lost status to clear automatically.
12:22 AndrewFH I would love for it to be an option
12:24 oleonard I want to say "Of course the lost status should go away when the claim is resolved" but you're right... libraries are weird.
12:26 AndrewFH and/or, it could make sense for the Claims lost value to be exempted from BlockReturnOfLostItems
12:28 AndrewFH before kyle starting coding Claims we had a fun exercise where 5 different BWS employees tried to agree about exactly what Claims should do, how it should work. It revealed a great lack on consensus, even among folks who came out of more or less the same types of libraries
12:28 Joubu (and found bug 28270..)
12:28 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28270 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Wrong tooltip displayed on moredetail for the claim lost status
12:29 tcohen when a patron claims something was returned, the resolution might be to consider it lost and charge the patron, right?
12:30 tcohen what is a claim resolution?
12:30 oleonard the claim returned feature is not based on any kind of real-world logic ;)
12:30 tcohen well, I'm sure it was requested by someone who wanted it like this
12:31 tcohen hehe
12:31 AndrewFH see also bug 27753
12:31 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27753 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Automate resolution of return claim when checking in an item
12:31 tcohen right
12:32 AndrewFH but I can see the use of something that goes the other way -- automatic lost status change and/or return of item when one resolves the claim
12:33 oleonard I'm not sure what all the choices are when libraries resolve a claim. They're forgiving the item? They're taking payment for it? Are there other options?
12:35 Joubu "found in library", "returned by patron" are the default values
12:35 tcohen we need a table for resolutions, and what they trigger
12:35 oleonard Both of which should be automatically resolved by a check-in, so why can you "manually" resolve it that way?
12:37 Joubu well, if BlockReturnOfLostItems is set you cannot check it in :)
12:39 tcohen it is totally normal to expect to resolve the claim without a checkin
12:40 tcohen in my opinion
12:40 AndrewFH that resolution doesn't currently touch anything outside of Claims, though. it's just grabbing some options from an auth value
12:40 oleonard tcohen: Why do you say that?
12:40 tcohen AndrewFH that's why I claim we need to evolve and add semantics to the resolutions
12:41 tcohen oleonard because I think it is natural to provide a path for claim resolution, from the patron's page
12:41 AndrewFH well, one of the possible outcomes of a claim is the patron realizes they DO still have the item and decides to keep it a while longer. in that case we would want to resolve the claim, remove the lost status, not return the item
12:42 oleonard I would say that's not "resolving" the claim but "cancelling" it.
12:42 tcohen AndrewFH I'm just pointing implementing that shouldn't forget other cases
12:42 AndrewFH @tcohen yup!
12:42 huginn AndrewFH: I suck
12:43 tcohen huginn you don't
12:43 huginn tcohen: I've exhausted my database of quotes
12:43 AndrewFH sorry, huginn, I tried to make it like a slack message, my bad
12:43 Joubu so resolving should lead to a itemlost update
12:43 Joubu either manual (pick one itemlost value) or automatic (=0)
12:43 AndrewFH oleonard, then we need a cancel method (there isn't one already, right?)
12:45 AndrewFH sounds good to me. nice next step would be something to map resolution values to lost values. so when I resolve it with resolution A it goes to lost=0 but resolution B goes to lost=1
12:45 Joubu you can *remove* a claim but then you lose the history
12:47 oleonard As I imagine it, there are only two paths to finding a claimed returned item: The patron looks for it and/or the library looks for it. This implies that there ought to be a built-in report on the circulation page for any items claimed returned at that library (checked out from there or having its home branch there).
12:47 tcohen we need to map claim resolution statuses to itemlost values
12:47 tcohen that's why I say we need semantics / a table
12:48 tcohen (i.e. for automatic changes)
12:49 oleonard If something is claimed returned I would think the library should have a way of marking that it has been searched for in the library and not found.
12:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #81: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/81/
12:51 tcohen oleonard agreed
12:51 tcohen or found
12:52 tcohen or the patron phones saying they found it
12:52 oleonard Right... My instinct tells me that libraries are handling part of this process outside of Koha in ways we don't understand.
12:52 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:56 oleonard I've built something outside of Koha for handling this kind of thing at my library... It's called "shelf checks," and someone at each library checks a box when they've searched for it.
13:02 khall joined #koha
13:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #78: UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/78/
13:05 magnuse cookbook meeting in 25 minutes?
13:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #75: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/75/
13:15 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
13:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #98: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/98/
13:18 Joubu @later tell AndrewFH bug 28271
13:18 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:18 Joubu tcohen: I was expecting this change to fail as I didn't modify the api spec..
13:19 tcohen 28271?
13:19 tcohen context?
13:20 Joubu yes 28271
13:20 Joubu bug 28271
13:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28271 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to set a new lost status when a claim is resolved
13:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #82: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/82/
13:22 Joubu tcohen: patch attached to adjust the rest api spec
13:22 Joubu but I thought the PUT would have been rejected without it
13:23 tcohen that's because the definition is missing "additionalProperties": false
13:23 tcohen see patron.json
13:24 Joubu ha, shouldn't it be always true?
13:24 Joubu well, false
13:24 tcohen yes
13:26 Joubu bug 28272
13:26 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28272 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Definition files are missing additionalProperties: false
13:27 Joubu you write a patch and I write a QA test?
13:27 Joubu (not urgent :D)
13:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #94: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/94/
13:34 magnuse caroline, Joubu, ashimema, cait1, oleonard-away Cookbook-meeting now, or are my time calculations off?
13:35 ashimema oh.. yes
13:35 * ashimema has had a busy day
13:35 caroline ack sorry! I was making breakfast
13:35 cait1 sorry, can only spare one eye right now :)
13:35 khall joined #koha
13:36 caroline we'll make it quick
13:36 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:36 ashimema mmm, breakfast
13:36 * ashimema has been sueless and not submitted any recipes yet :(
13:37 caroline #startmeeting Cookbook meeting 30 april 2021
13:37 huginn Meeting started Fri Apr 30 13:37:07 2021 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
13:37 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:37 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Cookbook meeting 30 april 2021)
13:37 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'cookbook_meeting_30_april_2021'
13:37 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_16_april_2021
13:37 caroline #topic Introductions
13:37 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Cookbook meeting 30 april 2021)
13:37 caroline #Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:37 oleonard-away #info Owen Leonard, slacker, Athens County Public Library, USA
13:37 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:37 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:37 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Norway
13:37 caroline (trying to be too quick)
13:37 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, Germany
13:38 caroline #topic  Review of action points
13:38 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Cookbook meeting 30 april 2021)
13:38 caroline caroline will search how to create an index in ReStructuredText  done!
13:38 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, UK
13:39 caroline If you look at the source of the file here
13:39 caroline[…]/henfricassee.rst
13:39 caroline you will see .. index:: with the tags
13:39 caroline I added tags for each recipe we'd already received
13:40 caroline ashimema, do you have the link for the rendered cookbook?
13:40 cait1 caroline++
13:40 caroline I don't know where to find it
13:41 Joubu
13:41 caroline ah thanks Joubu!
13:41 magnuse i tried to render as html locally, but ran into a problem:[…]okbook/-/issues/2
13:41 caroline Here is the rendered index https://koha-community.gitlab.[…]ook/genindex.html
13:42 caroline I wish it would list the recipe titles instead of comfort food, [1]
13:42 caroline I don't know how to change the appearance of the index
13:43 magnuse well done, anyway
13:43 Joubu yes the [1] is weird
13:44 caroline if you click on Comfort food, it goes to the first recipe and if you click on the [1] it goes to the second recipe
13:44 Joubu it should point to the recipe if there is only one of a list of the recipes having the keyword
13:44 Joubu or*
13:45 Joubu we will create an issue and see if we can do something
13:45 caroline thanks!
13:45 caroline do you want to create the issue?
13:45 oleonard Did we ever come to an agreement about whether adding recipes which have a known source (web site, book) is okay?
13:45 caroline I can do it if you don't have the time
13:46 Joubu caroline: yes I can
13:46 caroline oleonard: here https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/Koha_cookbook
13:46 caroline it says Note that the Koha cookbook is a public domain (CC0) project. Therefore, recipes must be original or very modified. Do not submit a recipe that is not your own, taken from a website, a book or a magazine.
13:46 caroline #action Joubu will create an issue to make the index look more like a recipe book index
13:47 caroline next action point
13:47 caroline modify the template to add tags/index terms at the end
13:47 oleonard Got it. I remember talking about the US-specific guidelines, but didn't remember if we came to a conclusion.
13:47 caroline That is done too
13:47 caroline I edited the recipetemplate file to add the index part
13:47 cait1 it's shaping up really nicely!
13:47 caroline I don't know what tags we'll receive and if it's important
13:48 magnuse guess we'll just have to see
13:48 caroline I added all sorts of tags to existing recipes, like "Entertaining" for recipes that make lots of portions
13:49 cait1 i think we can always refine/regroup those
13:49 caroline Yeah, maybe we'll have to go back and add some tags to recipes later... we'll see
13:49 cait1 'd like to see what people come up with first
13:49 caroline same
13:49 caroline ok next point
13:49 caroline each one of us asks our colleagues for submissions to test the process and have more examples when we ask the community at large
13:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #77: SUCCESS in 1 hr 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/77/
13:50 caroline I asked my colleagues, but they didn't submit anything...
13:50 magnuse is the ordering of things here: https://koha-community.gitlab.[…]okbook/index.html automatic or manual?
13:50 caroline yet, I'll have to whip them
13:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #78: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/78/
13:50 caroline magnuse: that is manual
13:50 magnuse ok
13:50 magnuse i don't have a lot of colleagues to ask :-)
13:50 caroline is there something you disagree with?
13:50 caroline I wasn't sure if "Mains" was a good term
13:51 magnuse no, just wondering!
13:51 magnuse bywater wrote about it already
13:51 oleonard "Main dishes" I think is more common in English
13:51 Joubu[…]87127141649862656
13:51 caroline Ok I'll change it then
13:52 caroline cute! (BWS tweet)
13:52 cait1 i treid with the coworkers too - but no success yet
13:53 cait1 but it looks like we might be ready overall for the wider audience?
13:53 caroline Yeah I think so too, it's in the next steps
13:53 caroline last action point from last time
13:53 caroline Add submission info to Readme
13:53 caroline Done also
13:53 caroline #topic Next steps
13:53 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Cookbook meeting 30 april 2021)
13:54 caroline Send email to the mailing list to request submissions
13:54 caroline anyone ant to volunteer?
13:54 caroline :D
13:54 caroline *crickets*
13:54 ashimema For this, I think it would be best coming from a librarian
13:54 caroline good excuse ashimema lol!
13:54 ashimema hehe
13:54 Joubu good point ashimema
13:54 Joubu :D
13:55 caroline XD
13:55 caroline Ok I'll do it
13:55 cait1 sorry, super busy with migration and deadlines for 21.05
13:55 ashimema :)
13:55 cait1 forbidden myself to volunteer for more stuff .)
13:55 magnuse caroline++
13:55 caroline #action Caroline to send an email to mailing list to ask for submissions
13:56 caroline Anything else you think of?
13:56 magnuse not me
13:56 magnuse well done so far!
13:57 caroline I wasn wondering if we would want the cookbook to be translated eventually?
13:57 * ashimema intends to get the family cooking some of these as a QA process ;)
13:57 caroline (I always write kookbook for some reason)
13:57 magnuse i'd say we are open to translations?
13:57 cait1 caroline++
13:57 magnuse ashimema++
13:58 cait1 i'd wait until it's a little bit more stable
13:58 magnuse yeah
13:58 cait1 i'd probably not translate it into German for now
13:58 * ashimema has a bunch of 6 year olds lighting fires and cooking next week.. don't think I'll be getting them to try the americans bbq recipes yet ;)
13:58 magnuse lulz
13:59 caroline do we want a deadline for submissions?
14:00 ashimema we don't have a 'complexity' rating as such do we.. that could be a helpful tag one day
14:00 cait1 hm or maybe we shoudl add one now?
14:00 cait1 easier than figuring it out later
14:00 cait1 do we have prep time?
14:00 caroline no
14:00 * ashimema didn't want to add more work into the pile
14:00 caroline maybe something like "children friendly"
14:00 cait1 as a tag
14:00 cait1 ?
14:00 caroline yes
14:01 ashimema was just contemplating how I might find a good recipe to try out on the family/the cub group etc
14:01 cait1 prep time or cooking tim could be a nice one to add
14:02 caroline Maybe as an optional information?
14:02 ashimema +1
14:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #107: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D11/107/
14:02 cait1 sure, optional is fine
14:03 magnuse a deadline might inspire people to actually submit?
14:03 cait1 but could we add a note/suggestion to template?
14:03 cait1 it can be helpful
14:03 magnuse we can always extend it...
14:03 cait1 or make a "volume 2"
14:03 caroline #action caroline to add prep/cooking time to recipetemplate
14:03 cait1 you are a heroine caroline :)
14:03 magnuse yes!
14:03 cait1 waht would be a good dealine?
14:03 cait1 release with koha release... separate from it?
14:04 caroline I'd say separate
14:04 * magnuse too
14:04 Joubu release when the wiki migration is done
14:04 magnuse hehe
14:04 magnuse "before xmas"
14:04 ashimema only if you're still in charge of that Joubu..
14:04 ashimema I can trust it'll get done that way.. else we might be waiting a while :P
14:04 cait1 maybe sometime between releases for some buzz then?
14:04 cait1 say.. 3 months from now about?
14:04 caroline I think it would be nice to get the print book fro xmas
14:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #76: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/76/
14:05 cait1 that would also give time for refinements, figuring out book printing
14:05 magnuse yeah, print book for xmas is a good goal
14:05 magnuse exactly
14:05 ashimema I've not looked yet.. are the recipes especially seasonal or more general?
14:05 ashimema i.e does it need to line up with a season
14:05 ashimema ho... we're so international that wouldn't matter
14:06 ashimema ignore me
14:06 magnuse oh we do :-)
14:06 cait1 i think they are not seasonal so far .. or more different seasons probably
14:06 caroline well, Joy made an ice cream recipe, so I'd say that's seasonal
14:06 magnuse yeah
14:06 cait1 maybe bbq is more summer but a hen fricassee is more a wintery dish?
14:06 magnuse yeah
14:06 cait1 koha for all seasons :)
14:06 caroline And Nick's recipe call for dandelion flowers
14:06 ashimema if it's a general mix that's cool
14:06 cait1 could be another thign to tag
14:06 caroline I added the summer tag
14:07 ashimema I was just thinking from the when to release it perspective.
14:07 caroline I wasn't sure for winter
14:07 ashimema hehe
14:07 Joubu tcohen: hope you are going to submit a recipe of an Argentinian asado to compare with Brendan's
14:07 Joubu (at least for the picture, don't forget the wine)
14:07 tcohen Ohhhhh
14:07 cait1 lol
14:07 ashimema mmm, asado
14:07 caroline alright how about july 31st?
14:07 caroline for deadline?
14:07 * ashimema contemplates wood fired pizza now
14:07 magnuse caroline: sounds good
14:08 * magnuse will make pizza when meeting is done
14:08 caroline #info Deadline for sumbissions is July 31st (can be extended if needed)
14:08 magnuse what did we decide about people submitting more than one receipe?
14:08 ashimema silly question.. are we generally aiming to stick to our local foods.. so we get a nice spread of cultures?
14:08 caroline #info goal is to have the print book by the end of 2021
14:09 magnuse ashimema: i'd say anything goes
14:09 cait1 magnuse: i think just wait and see and cut if it gets too much?
14:09 caroline ashimema: I think you can do anything
14:09 cait1 i'd not be unhappy about some more from you :)
14:09 * ashimema struggles to think of what's '"British"'.. we get inspired/steal food from everywhere
14:09 magnuse hehe
14:09 ashimema coolios
14:09 caroline Of course, I want to try food from elsewhere, but if wood fired pizza is what you eat, I'd say it's your culture :D
14:09 magnuse true!
14:09 * ashimema eats almost anything ;)
14:09 oleonard Yeah us colonizers have trouble knowing what our traditional food is.
14:10 ashimema and is always looking for more food inspirations.. as people can probably tell from the Signal group chat ;)
14:10 caroline ^ yup
14:10 Joubu meat pie, fish and chips, english breakfast, those are 100% british/UK ;)
14:10 * magnuse plans an english breakfast for this weekend
14:10 caroline how about may 14th for next meeting?
14:11 ashimema haha.. 'English breakfast'.. the Welsh and Scotts might have something to say about that.
14:11 caroline same time
14:11 ashimema sounds good to me
14:11 Joubu sounds early to me
14:11 cait1 ashimema:  a pie would be great actually
14:11 cait1 oleonard: can we get your pecan pie recipe?
14:11 caroline oh right bc of the koha release
14:11 cait1 the one with chocolate?
14:11 ashimema I can do pie.. sweat or savoury cait1 ;)?
14:11 magnuse i'll probably be offline then, but don't mind me
14:11 caroline after release then?
14:11 cait1 I've always wanted to try a savoury one
14:12 caroline beginning of june?
14:12 cait1 it's not a thing here
14:12 Joubu but could be good to have a first overview of the submission
14:12 oleonard cait1: I feel like I can't because I got it from a published article :(
14:12 Joubu s
14:12 magnuse ashimema: both
14:12 cait1 oleonard: aaah i see, but i am sure you got other good ones maybe?
14:12 ashimema savoury and with chocolate.. hmm.. that would probably be more of a baked cheesecake type afair than an pie
14:12 ashimema sure I can find/come up with something ;)
14:12 Joubu no caroline, it wasn't about the release. Go for May 14th
14:12 Joubu will postpone if needed
14:12 oleonard cait1: I'm looking through my recipes for ones sourced "Grandmother" ;)
14:12 magnuse oleonard: just rewrite it in your own words?
14:13 caroline ok then
14:13 oleonard "my own words"  == "very modified" ?
14:13 magnuse yeah
14:13 tcohen derivative work
14:13 caroline #info Next meeting: 14 May, 2021 14:30 UTC
14:14 caroline I'll let you guys talk pecan pie, and Imma go finish my breakfast
14:14 caroline #endmeeting
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:14 huginn Meeting ended Fri Apr 30 14:14:25 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:14 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-04-30-13.37.html
14:14 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-04-30-13.37.txt
14:14 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]30-13.37.log.html
14:14 * caroline is hungry
14:14 cait1 me too :)
14:14 caroline sorry for rushing, but im starving
14:14 oleonard :D
14:15 oleonard It's a hazard of these meetings!
14:15 cait1 ashimema: savoury without chocolate... the chocolate was meant for oleonard
14:15 * oleonard could try adding bacon to the chocolate-pecan pie
14:15 cait1 lol
14:15 cait1 i gave you all ideas...
14:16 * magnuse wanders off to make pizza and wishes #koha a nice weekend
14:16 cait1 have a nice weekend all - I'll take a last dive into tickets and such :)
14:16 magnuse there is a norwegian cookbook called "everything is better with bacon"
14:17 ashimema sounds like my kinda cookbook magnuse
14:17 ashimema I have at least a couple of desert recipes that use bacon
14:18 ashimema bourbon, bacon and pinapple
14:18 ashimema that's a remarkably good combination
14:18 khall joined #koha
14:18 caroline ashimema: does Mallory International ring a bell?
14:19 caroline They wrote to us saying they're from the UK and want training for a library in Mauritius
14:19 caroline I'm like what?
14:19 wahanui well, like is it possible to translate to all calendar systems you use from one calendar system
14:20 ashimema new one to me
14:21 * oleonard volunteers to accept an all-expenses-paid trip to Mauritius to do on-site OPAC customization
14:22 ashimema hehe..
14:22 caroline cn I give them your (PTFSe) info?
14:22 ashimema funny.. that's just what was going through my mind.. hehe
14:22 ashimema sure
14:22 caroline on-site OPAC customization lol!
14:23 * oleonard has yet to be taken up on this kind of offer
14:23 ashimema should do the trick I think
14:24 ashimema or more directly to
14:24 ashimema ooh..
14:25 ashimema sounds like one of our peeps have heard of them
14:32 Joubu You all noticed that tomorrow is soft ft freeze, right?
14:36 ashimema I did
14:36 ashimema scary how fast the time is going
14:45 tuxayo hi #koha :)
14:46 tuxayo oleonard: internet connection is bad in Mauritius so you *need* to be there to work
14:47 oleonard Exactly!
14:49 oleonard I can't decide if Koha should be able to find a record titled "!" or if I should just let it never be found, as a natural consequence for naming your work "!"
14:50 Joubu !!!
14:50 tuxayo !!!
14:52 oleonard[…]blionumber=623604
14:52 oleonard If you try to search for it by title on the streaming service (Hoopla) you get an error, "Your search term must be at least 2 characters long." XD
14:54 tuxayo ! some people did it![…]mbiguation)#Music
14:54 oleonard Well done Wikipedia!
14:54 caroline your cataloguers should add a 246$a "Exclamationpoint"
14:55 oleonard The standard for good relevance searching used to be Stephen King's "It"
14:55 oleonard Now we have a higher standard to strive for.
14:55 nlegrand :D
14:55 Joubu[…]m)?#Track_listing
14:55 Joubu 14."Signing Off"
14:56 Joubu maybe, but won't pass QA
14:56 fridolin left #koha
15:00 tuxayo lol
15:07 tuxayo tcohen: about git installs and compiling SCSS. «we devs build it on our environment as needed, and packaging does it as well»
15:07 tuxayo I was thinking about prod install there are at least around 200 of them ^^ . But that would work to not have NodeJS installed on each the instance if there is compilation commit added before deployment.
15:07 tuxayo After all, git installs are there to make it easy to add patches.
15:13 Joubu push push push
15:14 Joubu did we just lose bugzilla when I was going to push?
15:14 ashimema hum.. seems so
15:14 Joubu it's not me, I promise!
15:15 ashimema bad Joubu
15:15 ashimema :D
15:15 ashimema does ttat mean it's time to clock off for the day.
15:16 Joubu I'd have prefered with Jenkins happy
15:16 ashimema mmm, I agree
15:16 reiveune bye
15:16 reiveune left #koha
15:17 Joubu back
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27864: (QA follow-up) Select2 style on multi-holds <[…]ef1b967fcc198bada>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27864: (QA follow-up) Hide logged-in option if invalid pickup location <[…]3b24026e706d130a6>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28270: (bug 24279 follow-up) Fix tooltip for the claim lost status <[…]4b17ae947b023ef08>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28258: DBRev <[…]45d53a9dab5d8c668>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28244: DBRev <[…]d6c59ba7cb3db5bd1>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28244: Fix typo in Ukrainian in history <[…]6b3570cb62d6fa9b1>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28258: Fix existing occurrence <[…]aea86d20d5380e009>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28258: Update bad formatting in AUTO_RENEWALS notice <[…]aa444682e7bee8dd5>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28249: Prevent Selenium->wait_for_element_visible to fall in an infinite loop <[…]8d9eefeb75d639967>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28250: Remove upload of debug for Selenium failures <[…]81768d18023561c40>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28244: Fix typo in Ukrainian in language tables in English <[…]429954586e58ee883>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27864: (QA follow-up) Remove size=1 on selects (28066 follow-up) <[…]135abd70f54720cd3>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28207: Fix biblio_framework.frameworktext isn't in GROUP BY <[…]1bb7e3476faa2c117>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28217: Prevent several non-repeatable attributes to be merged <[…]300bc246bedbc6a7c>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28170: Fix search result buttons for page two onwards <[…]8690c0c58296e6029>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27864: Correct dropdown size <[…]4d49d7c83a2603fd9>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27864: Visual feedback on overridden pickup locations when placing hold <[…]d7de714a16b58c0fd>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27932: Add GET /biblios/:biblio_id/pickup_locations route <[…]cd092960edb1e64eb>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27932: Unit tests <[…]d0ff65cebcf78c230>
15:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27061: Remove duplicate permission check in svc/mana/search <[…]6525aa70a1f22961e>
15:21 Joubu here we go, bye #koha, enjoy your weekend!
15:21 * ashimema watches his inbox fill up for monday morning
15:21 tuxayo Joubu++
15:21 ashimema have a great weekend guys and gals.
15:21 ashimema and anyone else that may not catch
15:22 tuxayo o/ ashimema
15:22 nlegrand (V) (°,,,,°) (V) bye!
15:23 khall joined #koha
15:25 tuxayo ^^
15:58 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:58 wahanui Congratulations!
15:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #581: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/581/
16:15 pulla joined #koha
16:17 pra joined #koha
16:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #171: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/171/
16:24 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:24 wahanui Congratulations!
16:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1641: FIXED in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1641/
16:27 pra_ joined #koha
16:28 pra Hi , Everyone . I am planning to install koha on a cloud environment , which one better AWS or Azure . Could you please documentation if any.
16:28 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:28 wahanui Congratulations!
16:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #316: FIXED in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/316/
16:31 tuxayo hi pra  :)
16:32 tuxayo pra: doc: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
16:33 tuxayo pra: what do you means by cloud environment? renting a VM with a full fledged OS with admin access to it?
16:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:34 wahanui Congratulations!
16:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #562: FIXED in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/562/
16:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #282: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/282/
16:42 cait joined #koha
16:51 pra_ joined #koha
16:58 khall joined #koha
16:58 tuxayo I'm trying to set hold rules on next available item. But I can't find it in the circ rules page. Is that named something else?
16:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #317: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/317/
17:01 did joined #koha
17:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1638: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1638/
17:22 caroline tuxayo: what are you trying to do? (you can answer in french in dm if you need to)
17:22 tuxayo caroline: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=28259#c1
17:22 tuxayo step 2 ^^
17:22 huginn Bug 28259: major, P5 - low, ---, didier.gautheron, Needs Signoff , Checking at branch B  an item in waiting hold state at branch A kill koha
17:22 oleonard Also, you won't offend anyone if you speak French here :)
17:24 mbc joined #koha
17:24 caroline I have no idea what did meant
17:24 caroline :( sorry
17:28 caroline I think maybe when you place the hold, don't choose a specific item
17:32 khall joined #koha
18:21 mbc left #koha
18:32 AndrewFH tuxayo do you mean item level holds?
18:34 AndrewFH fourth column from the right on the big circ rules table, "OPAC item level holds" gives you the options Allow, Don't Allow, Force
18:50 khall joined #koha
19:48 tuxayo Hi AndrewFH :)
19:48 tuxayo Let me check
19:48 AndrewFH oh, you're still around! I eventually noticed the bug you linked and figure out what didier meant
19:49 AndrewFH he wanted one to make sure that the circ rules were allowing you to place a bib-level hold, rather than item-level
19:49 khall joined #koha
19:49 tuxayo great, thanks :D
19:50 AndrewFH annoying bug, we just fixed the same thing in 20.11
19:51 tuxayo AndrewFH: you mean another similar bug affecting on 20.11?
19:52 AndrewFH yeah, same bug behavior but apparently a different cause. https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25969
19:52 huginn Bug 25969: major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to master , Checking in a found hold at a different branch then confirming the hold causes internal server error
19:52 AndrewFH well, maybe not exactly the same as I give it another look. very close
20:02 tuxayo indeed!
21:05 lukeG joined #koha
21:14 jeff joined #koha
21:18 * tuxayo discover after a year that a Koha using koha-testing-docker can't accessed via localhost instead of an IP that changes each time it's launched.
21:18 tuxayo *can be accessed
22:28 khall joined #koha
23:07 lukeG1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary