IRC log for #koha, 2020-10-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #124: FAILURE in 1 hr 8 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/124/
00:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #111: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/111/
00:15 aleisha jtmlis: the ++ increases a person's karma :)
00:16 aleisha you're not missing anything by muting koha-jenkins
00:17 alexbuckley joined #koha
00:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #106: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/106/
00:18 jtmlis ,karma aleisha
00:18 jtmlis okay thank you
00:18 aleisha jtmlis: explanation on karma here
00:20 jtmlis @karma aleisha
00:20 huginn jtmlis: Karma for "aleisha" has been increased 68 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 68.
00:20 jtmlis awesome
00:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #108: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/108/
00:37 inlibro joined #koha
00:40 tuxayo aleisha++
00:40 tuxayo have a nice day o/
00:40 tuxayo jtmlis: best wishes for your install :)
01:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #112: SUCCESS in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/112/
01:03 kathryn joined #koha
01:37 inlibro joined #koha
01:37 khall joined #koha
01:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #55: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D11/55/
02:01 JBoyer joined #koha
02:13 alexbuckley joined #koha
02:36 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
02:36 wahanui Congratulations!
02:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #257: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/257/
02:37 inlibro joined #koha
02:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
02:47 wahanui Congratulations!
02:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #125: FIXED in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/125/
03:01 rangi joined #koha
03:22 dcook Huh...
03:22 dcook[…]stration.html#z39.50/sru-servers
03:22 dcook Went to look at the manual and I see references to Saskatchewan
03:26 dcook Alas, I don't think there's enough history to see who really added that image..
03:26 dcook Oh unless..
03:27 dcook caroline peut-etre..
03:27 dcook @later tell caroline What made you decide to use Regina, Saskatchewan in the documentation at[…]8394a254f8f23ef8f
03:27 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
03:37 inlibro joined #koha
03:42 khall joined #koha
04:37 inlibro joined #koha
04:39 ian joined #koha
05:38 inlibro joined #koha
05:46 khall joined #koha
06:07 chriss joined #koha
06:18 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:33 cait joined #koha
06:38 inlibro joined #koha
07:08 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
07:10 lmstrand joined #koha
07:20 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:22 magnuse joined #koha
07:38 inlibro joined #koha
07:38 cait joined #koha
07:39 cait joined #koha
07:41 cait1 joined #koha
07:48 khall joined #koha
07:48 magnuse \o/
07:55 kohaputti joined #koha
07:57 did joined #koha
07:58 lds joined #koha
08:00 alex_a joined #koha
08:00 alex_a Bonjour
08:00 wahanui hola, alex_a
08:04 kohaputti joined #koha
08:33 sophie_m joined #koha
08:38 inlibro joined #koha
08:45 khall joined #koha
08:45 davidnind joined #koha
08:46 uhh_psy joined #koha
08:59 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
09:13 kohaputti joined #koha
09:17 severine_q joined #koha
09:17 severine_q mornin' #koha :)
09:20 oleonard joined #koha
09:38 inlibro joined #koha
09:39 dcook allo severine_q
09:41 severine_q hey dcook !
09:41 dcook :) how are you?
09:41 dcook Significantly later than morning here heh
09:42 severine_q oh indeed ! good evening to you :)
09:42 dcook Thanks :)
09:42 dcook I've been seeing your name a lot. Looks like you've been testing lots of patches!
09:43 severine_q yes, I've been in quarantine because of Covid so have a lot af time to test !
09:44 dcook I admire your commitment!
09:44 severine_q and we plan to soon udate to 20.11 so useful toot :)
09:44 dcook Ooh yes very
09:44 severine_q your welcome !
09:44 dcook Things are relaxed here although I'm going to try to work on a patch or two for fun (and others' benefit)..
09:45 severine_q great !
09:46 dcook So long as I don't get overwhelmed by the difficulty of the tasks... heh
09:46 severine_q ha maybe you could help with an issue i've got since a few days !
09:47 dcook Possibly although I'm looking at making new features
09:47 dcook What'sup?
09:47 severine_q on my test instance, i can't connect anymore my superadmin user to OPAC, no problem with other users
09:47 severine_q that's so weird...
09:49 dcook Hmm that is weird
09:50 dcook I'm not sure. I'm using an atypical database at the moment, so I haven't looked recently
09:50 dcook What do you use to provide your test instance?
09:53 severine_q it's a local 'something' Nicolas installes but I don't know how... not sure he used docker or packages
09:53 severine_q not an important problem, but strange...
09:53 davidnind joined #koha
10:12 khall joined #koha
10:13 severine_q does someone knows how a suggestion is linked to an order ? tried to use an SQL request to to calculate the DATEDIFF between suggestions.suggesteddate, aqorders.entrydate, aqbasket.closedate and aqorders.datereceived but I can't found out how to link these datas :/
10:14 severine_q All I found is to link them using biblionumber but it's not reliable when there are several orders on a title
10:15 magnuse joined #koha
10:27 khall joined #koha
10:31 TimothyAlexis I'm thinking about solving bug 9565. When I look at it, it seems very simple to solve, but it has been there for over 7 years. Is it more complex than what is shown at first glance?
10:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9565 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Deleting a biblio should alert/fail if there are existent subscriptions
10:34 davidnind I don't know anything about the code or very much about serials, but the logic makes sense and seems straight forward to me
10:38 inlibro joined #koha
10:48 henryb joined #koha
10:50 oleonard Hi all
10:51 oleonard TimothyAlexis if you're thinking about trying to fix it don't be deterred by the fact that it has gone unfixed... Sometimes bugs languish for no real reason.
10:51 rhamby morning
11:05 did joined #koha
11:19 davidnind left #koha
11:39 inlibro joined #koha
12:06 khall_ joined #koha
12:10 tuxayo hi #koha o/
12:12 tuxayo severine_q: «we plan to soon udate to 20.11»
12:12 tuxayo BULAC always on the bleeding edge! :D
12:14 tuxayo severine_q: «i can't connect anymore my superadmin user to OPAC»
12:14 tuxayo Is it ok for the staff interface?
12:19 severine_q hi tuxayo !
12:19 severine_q well, we're still on 18.05.00 so quite a few releases to catch up :)
12:19 severine_q yes , I can connect to staff clie
12:20 severine_q *client, I know my password, that's why it's weird :/
12:21 tuxayo severine_q: ok so it's not the thing about the DB credentials not working anymore as a pseudo superlibrarian user. A few releases ago, that was dropped.
12:21 severine_q but no need to spend too many time on that if you don't know
12:22 severine_q I's prefer informations about SQL request on suggestions !
12:22 tuxayo It was just about the above possibility but in the end it's unrelated.
12:30 oleonard severine_q: Were you testing some kind of authentication system preference that is still enabled?
12:30 * oleonard isn't sure what that might be, just trying to come up with ideas
12:32 severine_q thanks for idea oleonard !
12:32 severine_q no, it happens also on master...
12:33 severine_q but i remember i've tested a few days ago a patch about... don't remember , but I had to had a token on a file
12:34 severine_q i think connexion became impossible after i change my password so maybe it's linked
12:35 severine_q I think i'll dig that...
12:38 dcook Sorry for disappearing, severine_q. I'm in the depths of newness heh
12:38 tcohen hola!
12:38 tcohen hi severine_q oleonard dcook tuxayo
12:38 dcook hey tcohen :)
12:38 * dcook is up late O_O
12:38 severine_q welcome back dcook, hi tcohen !
12:39 tcohen I finished my early morning duties, but I wake up 2 hours earlier he
12:39 inlibro joined #koha
12:39 dcook heh
12:39 dcook Yeah I really should stop coding and wind down for bed :|
12:40 dcook Building authentication/authorization methods that play nicely with Mojolicious...
12:40 tcohen you should sleep dcook
12:40 tcohen let me put a seed in your brain before that
12:40 dcook hehe
12:40 dcook Yes?
12:40 tcohen 'Mojolicious plugin'
12:41 dcook Tell me more?
12:41 dcook I took a look at some of the Mojolicious plugins for AuthN/AuthZ and didn't love them
12:41 tcohen Rigt
12:41 tcohen but
12:41 tcohen lets write ours
12:41 dcook yeah that sounds good to me
12:41 dcook For authorization, I wrote a "helper", which could be put into a Mojolicious plugin
12:42 dcook $c->staff_authorize({ flagsrequired => { 'tools' => 'export_catalog' } });
12:42 dcook works quite well
12:42 tcohen it reads awesome
12:42 dcook I think it's the best that I can think of
12:43 dcook Provided we put the permissions in the controller actions
12:43 dcook We could put them in at a higher level... but that's for another night lol
12:44 dcook I do the authentication at the very start of the app, and then authorization is done based on the controller action
12:44 dcook The authorization is slick. Quite happy with it.
12:44 dcook The authentication needs a bit more work. Mostly just to support timeout, and setting up C4::Context->userenv, but very doable..
12:45 * dcook might try to refactor C4::Context before doing that
12:45 dcook Need to refactor some of the template logic too, but also doable..
12:46 dcook And after I get that sorted, then I'll do the Mojolicious version of tools/
12:46 dcook Really once the AuthN/AuthZ/View is sorted... then people should really be able to develop Mojo controllers very easily
12:49 dcook Ideally, I'd wind up refactoring tools/ so that the CGI version and the Mojo version would both work, and any changes would flow to both. Then we could deprecate the CGI... >_>
12:49 dcook Anyway, I think that's all for me heh
12:49 dcook goood night all
12:50 severine_q good night dcook !
12:50 oleonard See ya dcook
12:54 magnuse have fun dcook
12:56 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:56 wahanui Congratulations!
12:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #318: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/318/
12:57 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:57 wahanui Congratulations!
12:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #317: FIXED in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/317/
13:00 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:00 wahanui Congratulations!
13:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #81: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/81/
13:01 khall joined #koha
13:01 tcohen dcook get rid of the CGI version!
13:06 marie-luce joined #koha
13:22 oleonard tcohen: That sounds like what I shout at the screen when the Star Wars Special Edition is on
13:27 lukeG1 joined #koha
13:27 lukeG1 good morning
13:28 tuxayo severine_q: «I's prefer informations about SQL request on suggestions !»
13:28 tuxayo I don't know much about that ¯\(°_o)/¯
13:34 caroline good morning everyone!
13:36 caroline @later tell dcook lol! I don't remember! But I think it was because I was working with a college called Regina-Assumpta at the time and it must have influenced my imagination :D
13:36 huginn caroline: The operation succeeded.
13:39 inlibro joined #koha
13:41 severine_q argh... thanks anyway tuxayo :)
13:45 magnuse argh... i gitified a koha site. the apache config has "Include /etc/koha/apache-shared-opac-git.conf". i restarted memcached, plack and apache. but scripts are still being executed from the standard location, not the git repo. why?
13:51 tuxayo severine_q: you can still ask your question here, that's the best place 🙂
13:52 TimothyAlexis On the serial-collections page, we have checkboxes there. Before we upgraded to 20.05.03, some checkboxes were automatically checked. Now when we have upgraded to 20.05.03, none are checked.
13:53 caroline TimothyAlexis: probably your JQuery needs updating
13:53 caroline severine_q: what is the question?
13:53 wahanui the question is probably a bit general
13:53 caroline lol, the things you say wahanui
13:54 severine_q hi caroline :)
13:54 cait1 hm it used to check the expected and late ones automatically
13:55 cait1 i think there is a behaviour change there
13:55 severine_q question was about t
13:55 cait1 TimothyAlexis: i noticed it too but had no time to investigate and we came from a quite old version
13:55 cait1 could you file a bug maybe?
13:55 severine_q *the link between suggestions and acquisitons
13:56 caroline in the database?
13:56 severine_q need to calculate the time between a user making a suggestion and its availability after order
13:56 severine_q yes
13:58 severine_q i wanted a SQL request DATEDIFF between suggestions.suggesteddate, aqorders.entrydate, aqbasket.closedate and aqorders.datereceived but I can't found out how to link these datas ! All I found is to use biblionumber but it's not reliable when there are several orders on the record
13:58 TimothyAlexis cait1 I will do that
14:00 caroline severine_q: I see, there isn't anything linking aqorders to suggestions
14:00 severine_q exactly !
14:01 caroline I wonder how Koha knows when a suggestion has been received in order to notify the user
14:01 severine_q yes me too !
14:02 magnuse magic!
14:02 severine_q that it ! thanks magnuse for the answer !! :D
14:03 TimothyAlexis Added it as bug 26846
14:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26846 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , serial-collections page no longer check the expected and late serials automatically
14:05 lukeG joined #koha
14:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:39 inlibro joined #koha
14:45 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:51 tuxayo caroline: severine_q maybe it's http://schema.koha-community.o[…]qorder_users.html
14:52 tuxayo «the borrowernumber for the patron receiving notifications for this order (borrowers.borrowernumber)»
14:52 tuxayo ++ to the person who documented it :D
14:53 tuxayo So it turns out that it doesn't use the suggestion :o . Like we can't find the suggestion but there is a direct link to the user
15:14 margaret joined #koha
15:39 inlibro joined #koha
15:43 severine_q that's interesting tuxayo...
15:43 severine_q thanks for your research, i'll see if it can help for my statistics !
15:47 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
16:06 tuxayo your welcome!
16:07 tuxayo *you're
16:08 severine_q bye koha !
16:09 khall joined #koha
16:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #82: FAILURE in 1 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/82/
16:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #83: STILL FAILING in 0.72 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/83/
16:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #84: STILL FAILING in 0.67 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/84/
16:24 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
16:28 magnuse joined #koha
16:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #85: STILL FAILING in 0.86 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/85/
16:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #86: STILL FAILING in 0.66 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/86/
16:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #87: STILL FAILING in 0.67 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/87/
16:40 inlibro joined #koha
16:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #88: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/88/
16:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #273: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/273/
16:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #318: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/318/
16:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #319: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/319/
16:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #89: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/89/
17:15 marie-luce joined #koha
17:35 davidnind joined #koha
17:38 davidnind left #koha
17:40 inlibro joined #koha
17:42 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:42 wahanui Congratulations!
17:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #90: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/90/
18:03 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:03 CrispyBran https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26850
18:03 huginn Bug 26850: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Turning off pick up location does not affect current hold request
18:23 cait1 left #koha
18:24 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
18:40 inlibro joined #koha
19:00 oleonard dev meeting in an hour?
19:12 cait joined #koha
19:21 kathryn joined #koha
19:39 caroline I thought there was a script to change sql into yaml, did I hallucinate it?
19:40 inlibro joined #koha
19:51 aleisha yay here in time for meeting!
20:00 oleonard Did I hallucinate that there is a dev meeting?
20:01 aleisha no i think there is one oleonard
20:03 oleonard :/
20:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:04 aleisha :(
20:05 caroline I see it in the calendar too
20:05 caroline https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_28_October_2020
20:07 aleisha anybody out dere
20:07 henryb joined #koha
20:08 caroline I guess you could postpone it
20:10 aleisha perhaps we should
20:14 caroline I can do it
20:14 caroline #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 28 October 2020
20:14 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 28 20:14:59 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
20:14 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:14 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 October 2020)
20:14 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_28_october_2020'
20:15 caroline #info Meeting is postponed to November 4 20UTC
20:15 aleisha caroline++
20:15 caroline #info Next meeting: 4 November 2020, 20 UTC
20:16 caroline #endmeeting
20:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:16 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct 28 20:16:03 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:16 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-10-28-20.14.html
20:16 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-10-28-20.14.txt
20:16 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]28-20.14.log.html
20:16 caroline hopefully that works...
20:16 tcohen hoç
20:18 caroline holà tcohen
20:18 tcohen hi there
20:18 tcohen I forgot there was a dev meeting
20:18 caroline I just postponed it because there was only aleisha and oleonard
20:18 caroline I hope that's ok
20:26 cait @later tell severine_q check if your super user has the "self_check" permissions, they prevent login in the opac
20:26 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
20:29 cait oh i had the dev meeting noted for tomorrow
20:30 thd joined #koha
20:33 thd I am no longer late for the meeting.  Now I am a week early.
20:35 caroline cait is your calendar still on NZ time? hehe
20:36 cait my inner clock is still unsure
20:40 inlibro joined #koha
20:42 thd Everyone else's inner clock requires me not to sleep in order to satisfy their needs.
21:15 khall joined #koha
21:40 inlibro joined #koha
21:53 * dcook waves
21:54 dcook @later tell caroline That's interesting! I went to uni there so I was curious heh
21:54 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
22:02 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
22:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
22:41 inlibro joined #koha
22:47 hayley joined #koha
23:01 jtmlis I am configuring koha and I can't access it on my ip here is my conf file
23:01 jtmlis
23:02 jtmlis trying to reach http://libraryname.
23:04 jtmlis I think I found my mistake let me test.
23:07 jtmlis nope, I just checked /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/libraryname.conf and it seems good
23:08 jtmlis any idea what I am doing wrong, i restarted apache2, and can reach apache page
23:08 cait sorry, not much help wihth Apache
23:08 cait if you try again at an ealier time you can catch a different crowd
23:11 jtmlis i think I missed INTRAPORT="80" # use 8080 for an IP-based install.  Need to change 80 to 8080, okay thank you cait
23:12 cait good luck!
23:41 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary