IRC log for #koha, 2020-10-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 khall_ joined #koha
00:08 aleisha good afternoon dcook :)
00:08 dcook Hehe that took me a second :)
00:08 dcook Does NZ have daylight savings time?
00:08 dcook I think we have a change coming up soon over here
00:09 dcook *googles* Oh... it already happened?
00:09 aleisha yup already happened! over the weekend we put our clocks forward an hour
00:09 dcook Wow... TIL
00:09 dcook I'm originally from a place that doesn't have daylight savings time
00:09 dcook I've only had it for the past... 10 years maybe?
00:10 dcook I think Sunday night we'll do ours, so then you'll only be 2 hours ahead again I think
00:10 dcook This is actually one of my favourite times of the year heh
00:10 dcook I love how 2:00-2:59am doesn't exist for that one day of the year O_O
00:11 aleisha its such a strange concept
00:11 dcook Ikr
00:11 aleisha time is so dumb
00:11 dcook I was just about to say something like that heh
00:11 dcook We're so confident in our perception of time
00:11 dcook But it's so arbitrary
00:11 aleisha totally made up!
00:11 dcook Last night I was thinking about "flow" too
00:11 dcook Like how you can just lose time
00:12 dcook It's like you're in your own little pocket of time and nothing else exists
00:12 dcook Anyway, hope you're enjoying your Friday heh
00:13 aleisha i am now that its lunchtime :)
00:13 dcook I was thinking the other day how weird it feels knowing that I was planning on being in NZ for Kohacon before this pandemic mess..
00:13 dcook Mmm I can't wait for lunch..
00:13 dcook Skipped dinner last night and only had a midnight snack since >_>
00:14 aleisha its weird for us planning it! i was so excited after years of being in the community to finally be able to meet people
00:14 aleisha oh well
00:14 dcook :(
00:14 dcook I really hope you get the opportunity at some point
00:15 aleisha i'm sure i will, i'm sticking around for some time !
00:15 dcook :D
00:15 dcook Good to hear
00:15 dcook I know I was pretty annoyed that I missed Kohacon2012 I think
00:15 dcook Yeah 2012. I love Edinburgh, but that was the year I first started working on Koha and I didn't know about it in time..
00:16 dcook Wow maybe I've only been to 2 Kohacons... Reno and Portland...
00:16 aleisha wow!
00:16 dcook Missed Greece because my kiddo had just been born, and missed Argentina because I had booked a holiday before the con dates were announced..
00:17 dcook I think the others were also when my kiddo was pretty young..
00:17 dcook Was so looking forward to NZ as such an easy trip from here (plus I really liked Wellington last time I visited for work a couple years ago!)
00:18 dcook Oh and Dublin didn't work out with dates either.. I think I'd used up all my conference credits heh
00:18 dcook So yeah... I'm overdue for seeing everyone again :|
00:18 dcook And obviously meeting you for the first time
00:19 aleisha the time will come again :)
00:19 aleisha this is a great opportunity for us to try out the online thing too
00:19 aleisha and hopefully future conferences can do the same and make it more accessible for those that have kids and couldn't attend like you!
00:19 dcook Mmm that's a good point
00:20 dcook Although in this case if I'm not physically away from the office, I don't know how much I'll be able to participate
00:20 dcook I keep telling myself that I'll put it on in the background at least... maybe I should actually make the case..
00:20 dcook brb heh
00:20 aleisha theyll all be uploaded so you can watch in your own time
00:21 oleonard Hi dcook and aleisha
00:22 oleonard dcook our KohaCon attendance is almost the same. But you missed Plano, TX in '09 ;)
00:22 dcook Hehe. I didn't even know about Koha in '09!
00:23 dcook I think I learned about it in '11 possibly when I got hired to work on it heh
00:23 dcook Actually..
00:23 dcook I'm trying to remember if it came up at library school..
00:23 dcook Or if the first time was when I got hired..
00:23 dcook And then I saw rangi present at Access 2011 in Vancouver, Canada
00:23 dcook Which I found very inspiring
00:23 dcook That whole conference was actually super inspiring for me O_O
00:24 dcook aleisha: Just chatted with the boss and at a minimum I'm going to try to dedicate myself to the hackfest days
00:24 oleonard And like you I intended to be at KohaCon 2020 in person :( :(
00:24 dcook :(
00:24 dcook Yeah, I was really looking forward to catching up with you there
00:24 dcook So nice seeing you in Portland
00:25 dcook How are things in your neck of the woods, oleonard?
00:26 oleonard Good. Working from home and supervising the kids doing school from home.
00:26 dcook Glad it's good
00:26 oleonard Trying desperately to ignore a general sense of impending doom.
00:26 dcook Understandable
00:26 dcook My heart goes out to all my friends and family in the US
00:27 dcook While we have a fair share of issues in Australia, I kind of hope that things are improving...
00:27 khall joined #koha
00:27 dcook But I just have my fingers crossed perpetually for my Americans..
00:28 dcook I haven't been paying much attention to Canada, but they're not doing so well either it seems..
00:28 dcook We're quite fortunate in Australia..
00:29 oleonard Just wanted to pop in to say hi, but now I'm afk again. See you later!
00:30 dcook Ciao oleonard-away. Stay wle
00:30 dcook Stay well*
00:41 dcook Hmm aleisha: Is there going to be any hackfest?
00:41 dcook Reviewing and I'm guessing not?
00:41 dcook Or just an in person one?
00:41 aleisha yes we've called it Koha DIY
00:42 aleisha because 'hackfest' implies its only for people that can hack but we really want to get all types of people involved
00:48 inlibro joined #koha
00:51 aleisha sorry didnt realise that section on the website was hiding! fixed it now
00:53 dcook I did like the rebrand, but I just wasn't sure if I should drop in or not heh
00:53 dcook The in-person workshops sound interesting
01:07 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:48 inlibro joined #koha
02:48 inlibro joined #koha
03:26 AndrewFH joined #koha
03:48 inlibro joined #koha
04:49 inlibro joined #koha
05:11 chriss joined #koha
05:14 khall joined #koha
05:44 kathryn joined #koha
05:49 inlibro joined #koha
05:50 ashimema[m] It's a real shame.. I wasn't going to be able to make it this year but still find it upsetting
05:51 ashimema[m] Would have loved to have met a few more of you IRL
05:51 ashimema[m] Ooh.. that conversation was 5 hours ago.. oops
05:51 ashimema[m] Good morning #koha
06:09 marcelr joined #koha
06:09 marcelr hi #koha
06:11 davidnind joined #koha
06:18 lmstrand joined #koha
06:21 did joined #koha
06:35 alex_a joined #koha
06:36 alex_a Bonjour
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 fridolin joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:43 fridolin hi tehre
06:48 magnuse \o/
06:49 inlibro joined #koha
06:59 cait joined #koha
06:59 cait joined #koha
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:02 lds joined #koha
07:03 dcook ashimema[m] I'm still around... heh
07:03 dcook Just about to leave though
07:03 dcook Yeah, I haven't seen you since 2013 I think. Overdue for an in-person catch up.
07:04 dcook I need to go to a European Kohacon sometime to meet more people though!
07:04 * dcook promises he's less annoying in real life
07:04 dcook I mean... hopefully >_>
07:04 ashimema[m] hackfest ;)
07:04 dcook That's true. I've noted it in my calendar.
07:05 ashimema[m] I love the hackfest..
07:06 dcook I was just about to say I'll have to stock up on snacks... heh
07:06 dcook Oh that reminds me..
07:06 ashimema[m] The Kohacon's are great too.. but I tend to get a different set of benefits from hackfests
07:06 dcook Agreed
07:06 dcook I think of them as two separate but related events
07:08 ashimema[m] still a work in progress.. but I've made a start on making our dashboard a bit more colourful:
07:08 ashimema[m] weirdly.. my random rgb colour from string generator seems to like picking green allot
07:08 ashimema[m] yearly stats
07:11 kathryn joined #koha
07:14 dcook Green is a solid colour
07:14 dcook Bug 22417
07:14 dcook I'd really like to see this one go in by the hackfest at least..
07:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22417 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Add a task queue
07:14 dcook Of course, I still have a systemd service to write for that >_>
07:14 dcook Haven't felt like programming at home lately, although I feel a change in the winds coming for me
07:14 dcook Especially with daylight savings time coming. Getting a bit more sunlight in a day really boosts the mood
07:15 dcook Anyway, have to run.
07:15 dcook Hope you all have the best day
07:19 Mark__ joined #koha
07:24 ashimema[m] have a good night dcook
07:24 fridolin Bug 26594 what a dirty one ;)
07:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26594 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Patrons merge problem with restriction
07:49 inlibro joined #koha
08:13 severine_q joined #koha
08:19 Mark__ Hi, I have very small "bug fix" diff --git a/misc/cronjobs/ b/misc/cronjobs/ index 01200d8435..591feea145 100755 --- a/misc/cronjobs/ +++ b/misc/cronjobs/ @@ -439,7 +439,7 @@ elsif ( defined $text_filename ) {      $fh = *STDOUT;    } else {      my $today = dt_from_string(); -    open $fh, ">",File::Spec->catdir ($text_filename,"notices-".$today->ymd().".txt"); +
08:19 Mark__ what is the proposed way to continue, file a bug first?
08:23 davidnind Mark__: That's the first step - create an account and add a bug at
08:24 cait joined #koha
08:24 Joubu Hi Mark__, yes, have a look at the wiki page: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ubmitting_A_Patch
08:25 ashimema[m] Welcome aboard Mark__
08:25 magnuse joined #koha
08:25 davidnind and the development workflow is also worth a look https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]elopment_workflow
08:28 Joubu ashimema[m]: any chances you could add U16 to the build statuses on the dashboard?
08:29 ashimema[m] sure
08:29 ashimema[m] I noticed you'd done some work on the workflows.. was going to touch base to see if anything on the dashboard needed updating :)
08:34 Joubu ashimema[m]: I wanted to drop support for U16 but mtj reminded me that it's LTS and will be maintained until 2021
08:34 ashimema[m] :(
08:34 ashimema[m] shame
08:34 Joubu he built the missing package for U16 and we are good with it for 20.11
08:34 ashimema[m] cool
08:34 Joubu but then I noticed it was not on the dashboard, would be great to have it I think
08:35 ashimema[m] okies
08:35 ashimema[m] I'll add it
08:35 ashimema[m] did you see my graphs btw?
08:35 Joubu quickly
08:35 Joubu it's neat
08:35 ashimema[m] :)
08:35 Joubu I don't think I will have time to review it today, but will do next week for sure
08:36 * ashimema[m] likes graphs and needed something to distract me for a few minutes before jumping back into Koha code again
08:36 ashimema[m] no worries at all
08:36 Joubu I am struggling to lower the PQA numbers actually..
08:36 ashimema[m] no rush
08:37 ashimema[m] I shant be adding much to that queue today ;)
08:37 ashimema[m] shout if there's anything you want my help with.. I'm aiming for a community day today
08:37 Joubu yes please, do :)
08:38 ashimema[m] thought I'd take a punt at some of the 'NEW Majors'
08:38 ashimema[m] seems to be allot at the minute
08:39 ashimema[m] ooh.. there's a couple of criticals too.. best look at those first
08:41 Joubu marcelr: Hi Marcel, do you remember the status of bug 24852, I don't understand the last comments :)
08:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24852 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , XSLT paths not adjusted for dev installs
08:42 marcelr taking a quick look
08:43 ashimema[m] marcelr :)
08:43 ashimema[m] good morning :)
08:44 marcelr hi ashimema[m]
08:46 marcelr Joubu i do not really object to the patch but as commented earlier had another approach in mind
08:46 marcelr no blocker
08:49 Joubu marcelr: can you sign it off please? :)
08:49 inlibro joined #koha
08:50 marcelr hahaha
08:50 marcelr i would love to put FQA on it ;)
08:51 Joubu which reason?
08:51 Joubu FQA is always better than being stuck
08:54 ashimema[m] +1.. I happily receive FQA rather than just get stuck waiting for review
08:54 ashimema[m] especially if that FQA has some level of guidance of how to get out of the hole  ;)
09:31 kohaputti joined #koha
09:36 marcelr cait: i often add a comment too which i forgot here
09:40 marcelr always nice to see your patches not applying anymore ;)
09:40 marcelr after waiting so looooooong
09:44 cait did you have to rebase?
09:44 marcelr marked already 3 reports now not apply
09:45 marcelr aaarrg
09:45 cait of mine? meh
09:45 marcelr why do i qa ?
09:45 marcelr no mine
09:45 cait because... you can't just stop?
09:46 ashimema[m] Joubu has been pushing like mad this week to be fair.. so allot more bugs than usual have started to fail to apply :(
09:46 ashimema[m] the pushing is good.. but yeah..
09:46 ashimema[m] I know I've not managed to keep up with rebases
09:49 marcelr no 4
09:49 inlibro joined #koha
09:51 khall joined #koha
09:53 ashimema[m] cait: bug 23895 - Am I right in thinking that those mandatory values are currently not translatable..? (final comment)
09:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23895 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , We should tidy up the directories under installer/data/mysql/
10:01 oleonard Hi all
10:04 ashimema[m] jajm did you fancy adding bug 18050 discussion to the dev meeting agenda?  Jury is out for me on whether we should die or not.. Whilst I agree we should try hard to ensure the results of updatedatabase are consistent it's not what we've done in the past to die.. for the less able adding in a die could be very jarring and lead to an unusable Koha..
10:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18050 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Missing constraint on aqbudgets.budget_period_id in aqbudgets
10:05 ashimema[m] hard call
10:06 cait i think they don't contain anything htat needs trnslations, ashimema[m]
10:07 ashimema[m] ah, of course.. the bits I was thinking might are already handled template side
10:08 ashimema[m] grr.. I really want the db translations stuff to happen..
10:08 ashimema[m] too little time :(
10:08 cait at least that was the case - tno sure for the newer ones
10:08 cait but the idea was to put those top level that don't need extra treatment for translations
10:08 cait certainly the case for userflags and userpermissions
10:08 cait they are treated on template level
10:08 cait hm yeah bug 18050 - help please
10:08 ashimema[m] yeah
10:09 ashimema[m] it was the credit_type and debit_type one's I was less sure about
10:09 ashimema[m] but your right.. those are also a hard coded translatable list in a template include at the moment
10:10 cait i think with dying... can we assume people are realizing it?
10:10 jajm ashimema[m], there might be other solutions that doesn't require dying, i don't know, but it seems wrong to let users continue to use koha when the updatedatabase fails, it's just postponing the problem (and potentially making it worse/harder to solve)
10:10 ashimema[m] indeed
10:10 cait if they run from command line... or from the web installer? or automted even?
10:10 ashimema[m] but yeah.. that's why I think it needs a bigger audience at a dev meeting
10:10 ashimema[m] see if we can come up with a solution between us
10:10 cait my poor patch! ;)
10:11 ashimema[m] I think it's a bigger discussion than just this bug to be honest..
10:11 jajm sure, i'll add a line in dev meeting page
10:11 cait thx jajm
10:11 ashimema[m] personally.. I think I'd let caits patch through and raise a bug about all the cases that currently warn
10:11 ashimema[m] there's a fair few
10:12 ashimema[m] we also have some issues with our idempotency
10:12 ashimema[m] example: we check if a table exists before adding it.. good.. but we don't check the structure matches if it does exist..
10:12 ashimema[m] so you can similarly get into a right mess there
10:14 cait i think we cannot catch it all... if the tabel already exists it can be a backport
10:14 cait then we should have dealt with changes to the structure (our fault)
10:14 cait or they have made local changes.. and i think we cannot catch those really
10:17 ashimema[m] as for bug 24975 jajm.. thanks for the comment.. I think my brain is about out of coding idea's there at the minute but I think we're slowly moving towards the end goal again :)
10:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24975 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, In Discussion , Refactor database translations
10:19 ashimema[m] not sure how to implement a fallback system at present.. I had a go just before my current implementation but it ended up overly complex and had performance issues (then I inadvertently blew it away as I forgot to commit ☹️ )
10:20 ashimema[m] I think where I got most stuck was coming up with a reasonable UI for adding extra translations for the same key string
10:20 ashimema[m] happy for any of my code to be adopted or thrown away btw.. it's all trial and error a bit ;)
10:23 davidnind left #koha
10:38 tcohen morning
10:39 khall_ joined #koha
10:40 magnuse kia ora tcohen and khall_
10:40 khall_ mornin magnuse!
10:46 magnuse \o/
10:47 vfernandes joined #koha
10:47 khall joined #koha
10:50 inlibro joined #koha
11:00 tcohen hi magnuse
11:04 tcohen ashimema[m] I fixed the dependencies for bug 26584
11:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Remove unused C4::Acquisition::CloseBasket function
11:04 ashimema[m] ta
11:07 cait1 joined #koha
11:20 oleonard For a split second I read that as CloseCasket
11:21 * oleonard is in the mood for all of those spooky Halloween functions
11:26 kohaputti hmm, we would like to have separate hold slip printed for items that need to be transferred because librarians might accidentally mix up in which bin the item should go after processing check-ins, separate slip would make it clear. Currently there is only the HOLD_SLIP template being used. I was wondering if I should make a new HOLD_SLIP_TRANSFER template and check in the code if that is existing and not empty and item is to be
11:26 kohaputti transferred then that should be used. Or maybe I should make a systempref which when enabled and if item is to be transferred the already existing TRANSFERSLIP would be printed instead. Which one sounds better to you or would there be some other solution?
11:28 alex_a joined #koha
11:33 kohaputti I checked another time bugzilla and found something similar reported now: bug 23249
11:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23249 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Print hold slips without confirmation for multiple locations
11:41 kohaputti Added my comments there and based on the discussion there I feel like syspref would be the safest and clearest approach
11:42 kohaputti I really don't know if this is something that all libraries would want, in which case syspref would not be needed. It is really hard to say because we have no idea how people are using Koha.
11:47 kohaputti just noticed there is also bug 23292 relating to this
11:47 wahanui okay, kohaputti.
11:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23292 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, johanna.raisa, Failed QA , Use TransferSlip when transfering item which is on hold
11:50 inlibro joined #koha
11:50 kohaputti ooh cool, in the above bug report there is the comment number 5 which states this might be possible to do with IF ELSE template toolkit syntax
11:54 lds joined #koha
12:08 did joined #koha
12:21 cait1 joined #koha
12:28 cait joined #koha
12:46 cait1 joined #koha
12:46 marie-luce joined #koha
12:50 inlibro joined #koha
12:59 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:17 khall_ joined #koha
13:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U16 build #1: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_U16/1/
13:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U16 build #1: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_U16/1/
13:24 ashimema[m] congrats tcohen on having bug 22343 pushed :)
13:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22343 new feature, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Add SMTP configuration options to Administration
13:25 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: DBRev <[…]ec6879b3b25f0619e>
13:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Fix runreport encoding issues <[…]cdc94deb5bb651d66>
13:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Add the 'required' class when needed <[…]eb848a8c0e556b6b9>
13:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26290: Display the correct default values on the admin page <[…]00285a93767d85f00>
13:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Correctly handle password on editing <[…]9c591fee51cfd2a4e>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Add warning to the about page if KohaAdminEmailAddress is invalid <[…]a8f6c83b1da76ebff>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: (QA follow-up) Wrap email creation inside the try/catch block <[…]16e3f58a92d826c3e>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26290: Make Makefile.PL aware of SMTP configs <[…]ca6381bcb17811553>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: (follow-up) Add a hint to the debug form option <[…]62eacc7189b6f6d4c>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: (follow-up) Highlight debug mode enabled <[…]204137506aa61dc1e>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: (QA follow-up) Fix some comments <[…]9a7cefdd4b7cbc3ee>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: (QA follow-up) Ensure FK names don't conflict <[…]f41a6bc756725bd89>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26290: Make Koha::SMTP::Servers->get_default use koha-conf.xml <[…]176d8b815e281535d>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26290: Add option forsetting default SMTP parameters in koha-conf.xml <[…]97253584bb44e6d04>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Allow choosing an SMTP server in <[…]0288ab161c1086a9b>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Prevent passing password to the UI <[…]e108302e53d20a0c8>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Adapt <[…]07ff80e28d949c5df>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Adapt controller scripts <[…]f91814e810fc3f814>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Adapt Koha::Illrequest <[…]6f1b5122945e738be>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22343: Make C4::Letters use the new SMTP server config <[…]5aa0961c28a9b0685>
13:30 tcohen ashimema[m]++ # supporting me
13:30 tcohen Joubu++ # supporting me
13:30 tcohen khall++ # supporting me
13:30 ashimema[m] go team :)
13:30 tcohen :-D
13:30 tcohen valuable input from all of you, that made it better
13:32 * ashimema[m] now looks at bug 26595
13:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U16 build #2: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_U16/2/
13:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26595 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add SMTP server column to libraries table
13:50 inlibro joined #koha
14:12 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1437: UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1437/
14:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #395: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/395/
14:16 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #900: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/900/
14:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #99: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U20/99/
14:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #93: FAILURE in 2 min 28 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D11/93/
14:33 reiveune bye
14:33 reiveune left #koha
14:36 sam__ joined #koha
14:39 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:41 fridolin left #koha
14:46 sam_s hi
14:48 oleonard Hi sam_s
14:49 talljoy joined #koha
14:49 sam_s was hoping to possibly get some help with koha testing docker
14:50 oleonard Ask away, and if anyone here knows the answer they can give it
14:50 inlibro joined #koha
14:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #357: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/357/
14:53 sam_s So on koha testing docker, I followed the tutorial on the, along with the video tutorial that Bywater produced, but upon completion it fails to start with the error:
14:53 sam_s Cannnot open file No such file or directory at /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ line 35.
14:54 dpk joined #koha
14:54 sam_s I don't know if I missed a dependancy or something? I can't check what is missing there because the docker instance closes right after that errror
14:55 oleonard When you say "upon completion" you mean at the end of the process started by running the "ku" command?
14:55 sam_s correct
14:56 sam_s I'm currently it on a virtualized ubuntu server, I also tried it on centos with the same error
14:59 oleonard I've never seen that error... I find that the process can sometimes fail, but that stopping it and starting it again usually resolves it
14:59 oleonard tcohen have you seen this error before? ^^
15:00 sam_s Yeah i've googled around and nobody else has seemed to have the issue, at first I thought it was because I was running it on CENTOS which someone else said they weren't aware of anyone trying before, so I rebuilt the server under ubuntu and got the same exact error :/
15:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #80: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_Deps/80/
15:01 ashimema[m] did I imagine a bug that synced debian/templates/SIPconfig.xml with etc/SIPconfig.xml ?
15:04 Joubu sam_s: no other errors before?
15:05 sam_s fresh install both times
15:05 Joubu edit the .env file
15:05 Joubu remove the lines with DEBUG_*
15:05 Joubu especially the DEBUG_GIT_REPO_MISC4DEV ones
15:06 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:06 sam_s okay, i'll report back, I was re-pulling the git for koha and testing docker real quick since I built it a couple weeks ago now
15:09 Joubu sam_s: if you face the same error again, please provide the whole output
15:10 sam_s same error, hang on let me get a pastebin link
15:10 cait left #koha
15:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #9: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U2010/9/
15:12 sam_s Joubu:
15:16 Joubu please try:
15:16 Joubu docker-compose -p koha down
15:16 Joubu docker-compose pull
15:17 Joubu export LOCAL_USER_ID=$(id -u); export KOHA_IMAGE=master-bullseye;
15:17 Joubu docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -p koha up --force-recreate
15:20 sam_s Joubu: okay it's extracting, when that finishes just run ku again?
15:21 Joubu nope
15:21 Joubu the last command is the "ku"
15:21 sam_s oh cool
15:21 sam_s well it's definitely giving me a different output than before
15:22 sam_s oh welp, koha exited with the same error
15:22 sam_s the databases seem to be behaving though
15:23 Joubu that's really weird
15:23 Joubu are you using a recent ubuntu?
15:24 sam_s yeah the latest server iso
15:24 sam_s stable one
15:24 sam_s here's the output from the last run:
15:24 sam_s
15:28 Joubu ha
15:28 Joubu wait
15:28 Joubu I was misreading the error
15:28 Joubu it's not misc4dev/ that is missing
15:28 Joubu it's line 35 of
15:28 Joubu which is:
15:28 Joubu 35 open my $fh, '<', $koha_debian_dir . '/koha-common.install' or die "Cannnot open file $!";
15:29 Joubu and the error is pretty bad as it does not list the file it's trying to access..
15:29 sam_s yeah
15:30 Joubu echo $SYNC_REPO
15:30 Joubu ?
15:30 Joubu is this defined?
15:31 sam_s oh
15:31 sam_s oh my god
15:31 sam_s I forgot folders are case sensitive
15:31 sam_s it was pointing to lowercase koha, when the folder is uppercase
15:32 Joubu try the export command of this env var and try again :)
15:32 Joubu that should work better
15:33 Joubu the process should hang before anything else if SYNC_REPO is not defined or wrongly set
15:33 Joubu that's definitely something we should fix
15:35 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:35 sam_s okay, i'm kind of a newbie with export, how do you clear/redefine an env variable? I tried just running the commmand again with the correct path but it's still showing the lowercase path
15:36 sam_s nvm got it
15:36 sam_s Joubu: ITS ALIVE! thank you so much!
15:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #417: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/417/
15:38 Joubu sam_s: can you rename the issue you opened on the project? We must definitely fix that.
15:41 sam_s will do, something like "bad error when koha directory not located"? or something?
15:42 Joubu sam_s: yes, describe in one sentence the problem you had
15:42 sam_s 10-4
15:43 Joubu and that the correct error to hidden and the whole process should stop directly with a relevant error message if SYNC_REPO
15:43 Joubu is not defined
15:51 inlibro joined #koha
16:51 inlibro joined #koha
17:02 sam_s does anyone have a guide for how to enable koha testing docker to allow staff access outside localhost? when I try i just get the opac page
17:51 davidnind joined #koha
17:51 inlibro joined #koha
17:52 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:36 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:51 inlibro joined #koha
19:31 caroline Anybody know where we can see contacttitle in the borrower file?
19:31 caroline It seems like it isn't used maybe?
19:51 inlibro joined #koha
20:04 davidnind hi caroline
20:04 caroline hi davidnind!
20:05 caroline I wanted to tell you something, but I don't remember what... :( I should have @later'ed yuo
20:06 davidnind hehe - probably something I haven't done yet :)
20:06 caroline I can't wait for your talks at Kohacon :D
20:07 caroline You're doing one everyday! :O
20:08 davidnind me also - just need to get my ideas down on some slides (have outlines) over the next two weeks!
20:09 caroline same... I have a 25 minutes slot, but only like 8 slides... I'll have to beef them up a bit
20:10 davidnind two are relatively straight forward ,and I've talked about them before in other forums (only 10 min each)
20:11 davidnind are you live presenting, or recording?
20:11 caroline live
20:11 davidnind just notice - live and online!
20:12 caroline yes because I can't be there... :(((
20:12 caroline I'm so sad about this
20:12 davidnind yeah - would have been great to have you (and everyone else) here in NZ...
20:15 davidnind which reminds me, are you able to email me a delivery address for your chocolate? (I was a bit slack during our lock down - and I needed to replace it a couple of times... for no particular reason!)
20:15 caroline LOL!
20:15 davidnind not sure whether it will arrive before kohacon though ..
20:15 caroline Sure
20:15 caroline can I send it to you over whatsapp?
20:16 davidnind that will work
20:28 philor_ I'm in a .pl and need to URI-encode a string, is use URI::Encode; uri_escape_utf8() Koha's idiom?
20:34 philor oh, I'm actually in a .pl creating a chunk of JS to be inserting in HTML, yay me, encodeURIComponent()
20:43 davidnind philor: I couldn't see anything obvious in the Developer Handbook - don't think there are many developers who would know around at the moment (it is very quite)
20:51 inlibro joined #koha
20:52 philor davidnind: no worries, I'm used to timezones not being in my favor (and now I don't actually currently need the answer)
20:52 davidnind excellent!
20:52 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
20:53 cait joined #koha
21:28 davidnind I've run out of oleonard's bugs to sign-off! O:-)
21:33 caroline davidnind++
21:37 khall joined #koha
21:52 inlibro joined #koha
22:10 marie-luce have a lovely weekend all
22:11 davidnind same to you marie-luce!
22:11 marie-luce thanks davidnind
22:15 sam_s hopefully quick git question here, I'm trying to pull a specific version of koha for the testing docker, but it's throwing an error, I think i'm just misunderstanding how to specify a branch
22:16 sam_s the line I have in the .env is: KOHA_IMAGE=11.19.x
22:16 sam_s but it's failing with error: ERROR: manifest for koha/koha-testing:11.19.x not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown
22:23 davidnind sam_s: what I do is 1) git checkout 20.05.x (in my Koha clone) 2) start up koha-testing-docker - I don't tend to do it when in the container, or touch the .env file for this
22:24 davidnind assuming you have a local git clone and the SYNC_REPO etc set
22:24 davidnind I've not tended to have any issues
22:25 davidnind over the last few days there have been a few image changes, so you might want t o do a docker-compose pull in your koha-testing-docker directory
22:30 sam_s by default the env KOHA_IMAGE is set to master, so I assume it'll just overwrite whatever version I pull with the master branch, is that incorrect?
22:31 davidnind I get the same message, so I assume it is actually referring to the docker image for Koha not the actual code base (I am probably wrong on this)
22:32 sam_s it's not a huge priority, I might poke someone tommorow and see if I can get more details
22:33 davidnind the way I mentioned above works fir me to get a different version of Koha other than master
22:36 sam_s davidnind: okay so you leave the env set to master and just download a different version, if I'm understanding you?
22:38 davidnind do you have a git clone of Koha locally?
22:38 sam_s yes
22:39 davidnind so you can go into that and go git checkout 19.11.x (probably a git pull after this as well), then startup koha-testing-docker
22:39 sam_s I cloned the branch I need and pointed it to the variable SYNC_REPO
22:40 sam_s and you're starting it with ku or another command?
22:41 davidnind ku if you have the aliases setup as per[…]ng-docker#aliases
22:42 sam_s well it downloaded and extracted a bunch of files i'll report back if that worked
22:43 sam_s welp it just said it downloaded a newer version
22:43 sam_s so i'm guessing it synced it with the master branch instead of 19.11
22:44 davidnind I'm not sure how you clone a branch: I have a clone of the git repository (it clone git:// then I check out the branch (git checkout 19.11.x) -  SYNC_REPO doessn't point to a specific branch, just to where your Koha repository clone is ([…]ing-docker#launch)
22:45 sam_s i guess i'm confused on what the line "KOHA_IMAGE=master" does in the .env file, I assumed it checked the koha version against the specified branch and updated it if needed, maybe i'm wrong
22:46 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:47 davidnind I think so, I would leave that as master, happy to walk you through the steps I use if you would like so we are on the same track...
22:48 davidnind I think it referring to the version of the Koha docker image to use - tcohen or Joubu would know, but it is either too early or too late...
22:49 davidnind which is different from the Koha code base
22:52 inlibro joined #koha
22:52 sam_s yeah, thanks for the help. It's being weird and hanging on boot, and it's the end of my shift, so i guess i'll find out tommorow if it worked
22:53 davidnind it should be really quick to start up (1-2 minutes if there is no updated image to download), if not, something is wrong....
22:57 davidnind a quick look at[…]ocker-compose.yml tells me (if I'm reading it right, not that I know how docker works) is that KOHA_IMAGE in the .env it is referring to the  docker image to use from where all the docker images are (
23:52 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary