IRC log for #koha, 2020-08-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:48 inlibro joined #koha
01:48 inlibro joined #koha
02:28 khall joined #koha
02:48 inlibro joined #koha
03:20 matts_ joined #koha
03:21 khall joined #koha
03:26 Guest160 vfernandes, yes plack is running
03:31 Guest160 and memcache is running Memcached:Servers: | Namespace: koha_lib | Status: running. | Config read from: koha-conf.xml
03:34 Guest160 I'm thinking to possibly backup database clean/purge the koha installation then install again using database.  Is there any pointers i should lookout for?
03:48 inlibro joined #koha
03:50 mtj hi Guest160: does your page say plack is running?
03:50 Guest160 let me check
03:51 Guest160 at the cli it says so but let me see the about
03:53 mtj Guest160: you have recently upgraded your koha?
03:53 Guest160 Koha version:
03:53 Guest160 OS version ('uname -a'):Linux 4.15.0-112-generic #113-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 9 23:41:39 UTC 2020 x86_64
03:53 Guest160 PSGI:Plack (deployment)
03:54 mtj Guest160:  i would create a new instance, and compare the configureation files to your existing instance
03:54 Guest160 i think i will
03:55 Guest160 i had upgraded from an old version of koha pre 2014 i believe
03:56 Guest160 is it likely some failed to convert?
03:56 mtj hmm, ok... its likely your old config is missing some newer changes
03:56 Guest160 my test box run like a charm, that where i tested out the migration before doing on prod
03:57 mtj ok, you will probably see some differences in the koha.conf.xml file, between your test and prod boxes
03:58 mtj ..and apache files too
03:59 Guest160 testing doesnt even have plack but its fast
04:00 mtj if you look at the log files on prod, you may see some useful errors/warnings
04:00 mtj tail -f /var/log/koha/mykoha1/*.log
04:02 mtj copy your working /etc/koha dir from test box to prod, and use 'diff' command to detect the differences between files
04:03 Guest160 im going to try that
04:03 Guest160 i do have tons of errors indeed
04:03 Guest160 but lots seem to be coing from the bots
04:04 Guest160 esp Petalbot and Googlebot
04:04 Guest160 coming*
04:06 khall joined #koha
04:06 mtj is your system just slow because its being hammered by bots?
04:07 mtj ..does the load average look ok, from 'uptime'?
04:08 Guest160 llooks ok
04:09 Guest160 i had actually implemented a rewrite to block the bots
04:09 mtj /usr/sbin/apachectl status
04:09 Guest160 but even then it didnt improve so i remove it
04:09 mtj ^ ...has some useful load info too
04:10 Guest160 im just seeing that the plack error log i over 1.4m while plack.log is 77m
04:10 mtj hmm, well... you have a working test koha, thats a good start
04:10 Guest160 Use of uninitialized value $isbn in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 85.
04:10 Guest160 Argument " " isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 604.
04:10 Guest160 Argument " " isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 663.
04:10 Guest160 Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 832.
04:11 mtj you can ignore that ^
04:11 mtj its just noise, i think
04:13 mtj "when i initially enabled plack it was responding in milliseconds but after a restart of server things went to that level slow"
04:13 mtj Guest160: thats quite a strange situation ^
04:14 khall_ joined #koha
04:15 Guest160 very much so
04:15 Guest160 unfortunately it was a scheduled restart that i didnt catch whilst troubleshooting
04:15 mtj are you seeing logging in your plack*.log files, when accessing the koha via browser?
04:16 mtj (just to confirm that plack really is working on this instance)
04:18 Guest160 yes thes is
04:18 Guest160 there*
04:18 Guest160 but more so from the googlebot request
04:18 Guest160 let me block them and retry
04:20 Guest160 oh not fair
04:21 Guest160 so after blocking it and restarting apache the response time improved well
04:22 Guest160 but
04:22 Guest160 after settling then baut to norm
04:23 Guest160 back*
04:23 Guest160 now thinking about it there are not requests from my client in the plack log
04:27 mtj try adding a robots.txt file to your koha
04:27 mtj ..while testing
04:27 Guest160 so i grep my ip from the log and got a bunch of GET's but no POST
04:30 Guest160 i looked into doing the robot.txt but wasnt quite sure which were the documentroot folders for the vhosts. (maybe i didnt trace the config long enough) i remember heading into usr/sharekoha i think but got distracted
04:33 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "cat robots.txt" (8 lines) at
04:33 mtj Guest160: thats a reasonable prod robotx.txt ^
04:37 mtj Guest160: most probable cause for slowness is bots hitting apache
04:39 Guest160 i've added few test vhosts that responds well
04:39 Guest160 i may have to add more content on them
04:40 Guest160 so i idded the robots.txt and commented my rewrite but they still getting hits
04:42 Guest160 now added back my rewrite
04:49 inlibro joined #koha
04:51 Guest160 Server load: 1.27 1.31 1.43
04:51 Guest160 Total accesses: 679 - Total Traffic: 15.0 MB
04:51 Guest160 CPU Usage: u.07 s.06 cu0 cs0 - .0487% CPU load
04:51 Guest160 2.54 requests/sec - 57.4 kB/second - 22.6 kB/request
04:51 Guest160 9 requests currently being processed, 9 idle workers
04:56 khall joined #koha
05:09 chriss joined #koha
05:47 mtj Guest160:  perhaps you need to start manually blocking ip addresses 'iptables -A INPUT -s   -j DROP'
05:49 inlibro joined #koha
05:50 kathryn joined #koha
05:51 mtj ...or use fail2ban with apache failregex filter ...
05:53 mtj[…]ic-using-fail2ban
05:55 akilsdonk joined #koha
06:19 lmstrand joined #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:49 inlibro joined #koha
06:53 kohaputti joined #koha
06:54 lds joined #koha
07:03 magnuse \o/
07:04 cait joined #koha
07:05 cait1 joined #koha
07:15 khall joined #koha
07:25 fridolin joined #koha
07:49 inlibro joined #koha
07:57 ashimema[m] mornin'
08:00 magnuse howdy!
08:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
08:08 did joined #koha
08:09 did left #koha
08:15 magnuse joined #koha
08:16 Joubu bug 26253
08:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26253 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , duplicated mana_config in etc/koha-conf.xml
08:49 inlibro joined #koha
09:05 GeekRuthie joined #koha
09:05 dpk joined #koha
09:07 magnuse joined #koha
09:27 cait joined #koha
09:49 inlibro joined #koha
10:16 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:16 wahanui Congratulations!
10:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #74: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_D9/74/
10:17 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:17 wahanui Congratulations!
10:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #275: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/275/
10:18 did joined #koha
10:21 Joubu cait: Can I get your opinion on https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=19889#c80 ?
10:21 huginn Bug 19889: enhancement, P1 - high, ---, agustinmoyano, Failed QA , LocalHoldsPriority needs exclusions
10:26 Joubu @later tell lukeG you will need 26082 for the next 20.05
10:26 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: DBRev <[…]8f538f49c01645143>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Fix QA issues <[…]eee7c606755994815>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: (follow-up) Improve test output <[…]bee4832d59c9045c4>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: Add missing test <[…]1b35c0e2864f9bd8a>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: (QA follow-up) Add test of *_on functionality <[…]135eba526b9d5c44f>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: (QA follow-up) Fix regressions highlighted by unit tests <[…]e57aa97239fcd61b5>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: (QA follow-up) Migrate and update unit tests <[…]c58d5d529c75d17cf>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: (QA follow-up) Remove FIXME + Track issue_id <[…]118417a4e326b12f5>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Adjust condition for flagging an item found <[…]c8d4073dc01d99cab>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: set the is_refunded flag as internal var <[…]59fbc2c7d6b42ee6e>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: wip - need to know it has been refunded <[…]ab392b9f53bcdecd7>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: but.. what was the meaning of holdingbranch here? <[…]9544b53ee3e15168e>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Add _set_found_trigger <[…]82f97a3be3102cc2b>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Remove the borrowernumber parameter <[…]b742def7bd33d34ff>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Auto refund if mark as found from cataloguing <[…]8b12083c72e4b93ba>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18501: Prepare the ground <[…]7b8047c8834af2a2b>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: (QA follow-up) Add credit_number handling to POS <[…]e43105f426e345ed7>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: (QA follow-up) Fix 'out-by-one' error on table <[…]a41773cd44ec5beeb>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: (QA follow-up) Fix test plan <[…]00d6200812dd92848>
10:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19036: DBIC Schema Updates <[…]bcfe7d79ea8325c87>
10:35 khall joined #koha
10:50 inlibro joined #koha
10:54 khall joined #koha
11:00 khall_ joined #koha
11:09 Joubu @later tell cait Can I get your opinion on bug 19889 comment 80?
11:09 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
11:14 cait1 joined #koha
11:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1412: UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1412/
11:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #369: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/369/
11:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #75: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U20/75/
11:26 ashimema[m] Joubu I'm on the 18501 failure unless your already working on it.
11:26 * ashimema[m] grabs a quick tea so Joubu has a chance to see that and reply
11:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #330: UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/330/
11:31 Joubu lunch time for me, so please do :)
11:31 ashimema[m] :)
11:33 cait1 kidclamp: will you have time to take another look at bug 11299?
11:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11299 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bouzid.fergani, Signed Off , Add a button to automatically link authority records in cataloguing (AJAX)
11:37 kidclamp yes, can do
11:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #874: FAILURE in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/874/
11:50 inlibro joined #koha
11:51 oleonard o/
11:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #56: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_Deps/56/
11:56 ashimema[m] Joubu: followups attached to bug 18501 and bug 19036 for the failing tests on master
11:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18501 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Automatic refunds need protection from failure
11:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19036 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to master , Number payment receipts / payment slips
12:00 Joubu ashimema[m]: I don't understand why the ModItem test is wrong
12:01 ashimema[m] it's not wrong per say.. it just duplicates the test I added for *_on within the store test in t/db_dependant/Koha/Items.t
12:01 ashimema[m] the minor issues with the test itself were that we weren't setting a mock for C4::Context to give a userenv (which we can expect to always be present now)
12:01 Joubu ashimema[m]: ok
12:01 ashimema[m] and..
12:01 Joubu I thought it fixed the failure
12:02 Joubu but it does not
12:02 ashimema[m] we weren't testing the middle case.. i.e. that a second update to a truthy value doesn't update the _on field
12:02 ashimema[m] ok.. really
12:02 ashimema[m] you added a C4::Context mock and it still failed
12:02 Joubu always be present? what about cli scripts?
12:02 ashimema[m] I didn't test that.. as I logically felt it would fix the issue but the cleaner solution was to drop the test
12:03 ashimema[m] hmm
12:03 ashimema[m] one moment.. we certainly set userenv in cli scripts now (they all use Koha::Script as a base class to ensure we do that)
12:03 ashimema[m] but I bet we don't always set a branch..
12:03 ashimema[m] hmm
12:04 Joubu we should not crash if it's not set imo
12:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #68: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D11/68/
12:04 ashimema[m] agreed..
12:04 ashimema[m] leave it with me
12:05 ashimema[m] I'll add a test to test that explicitly and a followup to fix it on top
12:05 ashimema[m] good catch
12:06 ashimema[m] that's going to be fun...
12:07 ashimema[m] it's used in the get_lostreturn_policy call.. suppose we aught to fallback to something
12:09 Joubu but..
12:09 Joubu get_lostreturn_policy does not use it
12:09 Joubu 442            CheckinLibrary => $params->{'return_branch'},
12:09 Joubu vs
12:09 Joubu 814             current_branch => C4::Context->userenv->{branch},
12:09 Joubu param is wrong
12:10 Joubu param's name
12:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #48: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U16/48/
12:14 Joubu we are missing a test, this should have been caught earlier
12:16 Joubu ashimema[m]: I would hardcode the item's homebranch, maybe with a warning?
12:19 ashimema[m] so you'd do something like `C4::Context->userenv->{branch} || $self->homebranch->branchcode`
12:19 ashimema[m] haha.. yeah.. you're right.. the caller is wrong too.. 'current_branch' vs 'return_branch'.. dang
12:20 ashimema[m] more tests to write
12:20 ashimema[m] not sure how we missed that :(
12:20 ashimema[m] think they must have been missing for a while.. I added tests but mostly I transferred the old ones
12:20 ashimema[m] didn't spot that even more was missing :(
12:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #393: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/393/
12:45 Marie-Luce joined #koha
12:50 inlibro joined #koha
12:52 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:20 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
13:32 wizzycray joined #koha
13:39 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:50 inlibro joined #koha
13:54 Marie-Luce joined #koha
14:07 arpi joined #koha
14:08 arpi joined #koha
14:09 arpi joined #koha
14:13 ashimema[m] Joubu
14:14 ashimema[m] a C4::Context->_unset_userenv should work inside a test right.. I can't for the life of me write a test that fails at the moment
14:18 oleonard No one will want to test Bug 26257 if my test plan explains how to test every single error message in that template.
14:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26257 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Move translatable strings out of and into subscription-add.js
14:18 ashimema[m] lol
14:18 oleonard I'm inclined to say, "Test a couple error messages. The rest are probably fine!"
14:20 oleonard ....except the first thing I discovered when writing this patch was that an error message had been broken since 2017.
14:20 oleonard ....and no one noticed I guess??
14:20 oleonard Maybe it's actually obsolete.
14:21 margaret joined #koha
14:23 oleonard on the other hand, maybe no one wants to test these bugs no matter what :D
14:50 inlibro joined #koha
14:57 caroline I told our new ppl to test your bugs oleonard
14:58 caroline I don't know if they did though
14:58 oleonard I noticed a new inlibro name on some signoffs. Thanks caroline
14:58 caroline but the more detailed test plan, the easiest it is for them since they don't know koha well at this point
15:02 lukeG1 Joubu, sorry if Im confused but why does BZ26233 need to be backported if BZ26234 fixes the sorting issue?
15:03 Joubu 26234 won't be backported
15:03 Joubu too many changes
15:04 lukeG1 OK, I see. So BZ 26233 for 20.05 and lower
15:07 Joubu yes, exactly
15:07 Joubu I modified the "version" value yesterday, and set it to a specific version.
15:07 Guest160 things seem to have settled. after blocking those bots things seems to be in a nice way now.
15:07 Joubu When it's different from master/unspecified it means I won't push it
15:07 Guest160 Thanks for all the suggestions
15:11 * ashimema[m] noticed some new inlibro names too.. thanks caroline :)
15:12 * ashimema[m] feels the hot breath of kidclamp climbing the qa leaderboard behind him again
15:29 lukeG joined #koha
15:32 cait left #koha
15:51 inlibro joined #koha
15:57 cait joined #koha
16:16 reiveune bye
16:16 reiveune left #koha
16:18 fridolin left #koha
16:51 inlibro joined #koha
17:03 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:34 cait joined #koha
17:51 inlibro joined #koha
17:53 henryb joined #koha
18:35 caroline @wunder Montreal
18:36 huginn caroline: Error: I could not find a valid location for: Montreal
18:36 caroline @wunder H4L 0B4
18:36 huginn caroline: Error: I could not find a valid location for: H4L 0B4
18:36 caroline :(
18:38 oleonard No weather for us in a long time. I miss it very much.
18:40 caroline on my terminal I do curl and it gives me a nice ascii art weather report hehe
18:41 oleonard Oh that's neat!
18:41 oleonard We could really spam the channel with a bot that did that!
18:42 caroline @artist bot draw a cat
18:42 huginn caroline: I suck
18:42 caroline aw...
18:51 inlibro joined #koha
18:52 henryb joined #koha
18:54 oleonard huginn can you draw a cat?
18:54 huginn oleonard: I suck
18:54 kellym joined #koha
18:54 oleonard wahanui can you draw a cat?
18:54 wahanui i don't know, oleonard
18:54 oleonard You won't know until you try, wahanui
18:54 wahanui oleonard: excuse me?
18:54 caroline I love wahanui's "excuse me?" like all offended
18:55 oleonard I know I always want to yell YOU HEARD ME
18:55 oleonard Don't sass me wahanui
18:56 caroline XD you crack me up!
18:58 oleonard :)
19:00 sallyf joined #koha
19:00 abneiman joined #koha
19:00 georgew joined #koha
19:01 * caroline sees people logging in
19:01 caroline I forgot the meeting again
19:01 Marie-Luce Hi all
19:02 kellym #Kelly McElligott ByWater Solutions
19:02 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020
19:02 huginn Meeting started Thu Aug 20 19:02:22 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
19:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_20_august_2020'
19:02 caroline #info agenda: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_20_August_2020
19:03 caroline #topic Introductions
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:03 caroline please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
19:03 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
19:03 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
19:03 Marie-Luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro Montreal
19:04 kellym #info Kelly McElligott ByWater Solutions
19:04 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
19:04 caroline welcome everyone! So glad we could have more people this week :)
19:05 caroline #info agenda for last meeting which was postponed https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_13_August_2020
19:05 henryb This is my first documentation meeting - I'm very excited to be here :)
19:05 caroline welcome henryb! :)
19:05 caroline From the house of lords no less
19:05 caroline #topic Review of action points
19:05 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:06 caroline I linked last meeting's agenda because the action points didn't follow
19:06 caroline all action points were for davidnind, so... I guess we'll skip it :)
19:07 caroline It's a bit of old news, but he changed the theme of the manual for 20.11
19:07 caroline look at this beauty
19:07 caroline #link
19:08 Marie-Luce really impressive
19:08 kellym very nice!
19:08 caroline I really like the navigation on the left, no more infinite scrolling!
19:09 henryb it looks really good!
19:09 caroline #topic Project updates / What's been done so far
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Project updates / What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:09 caroline I received quite a few merge requests, which I'm working through
19:09 caroline Thanks everyone!
19:10 kellym I got git set up, so I am finding it a lot easier!
19:10 caroline If you work from a repository, make sure you update it before making merge requests
19:10 caroline I'm still not sure how to rebase stuff, so if I can't merge the commits immediately, it clogs up the queue
19:11 kellym repository meaning taiga?
19:11 caroline no, if you work from a git copy of the manual on your computer
19:12 caroline I don't think it's possible to not be up-to-date if you do your changes directly in gitlab
19:12 kellym oh yes!  thanks Caroline
19:13 caroline So I know davidnind did at least one one-on-one session, he offered friday afternoons if anyone had questions on how to work on gitlab
19:14 caroline Also, I'm here if you have questions
19:14 kellym yes ! It was super helpful! Thanks to davidnind!
19:14 caroline davidnin++
19:14 caroline davidnind++
19:14 Marie-Luce davidnin++
19:14 kellym davidnind++
19:15 caroline I haven't done much since coming back from vacation two weeks ago except a couple of merges
19:15 caroline anybody have something they'd like to share that they did?
19:16 Marie-Luce I've started to check the documentation bug to see if there are still relevant
19:16 caroline Marie-Luce++ thank you!
19:17 Marie-Luce some need to be added to the manual
19:17 caroline did you find a lot that were not?
19:17 Marie-Luce I've barely started... it's a work in progress
19:17 kellym marie-luce++
19:18 Marie-Luce you should notice my name in the latest comments
19:20 caroline #topic Content development guidelines
19:20 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:20 caroline There wasn't any discussion point in this topic in the agenda, but I'm just putting it out there in case someone wants to discuss something
19:21 henryb Sorry this is something I should probably have worked out for myself, but can I add myself to Taiga or do I need to be invited?
19:22 caroline oh I think you need to be invited
19:22 caroline kellym do you remember if I had to invite you?
19:22 kellym yes ! you did
19:22 caroline ok I'll do that then
19:22 henryb Thank you!
19:22 caroline #action caroline to invite henryb to the Taiga board
19:25 caroline and henryb don't hesitate to ask questions on here :) I'm here almost every weekday during work hours (so probably your afternoon/evening) and other people can also help you figure stuff out
19:25 caroline #topic Next steps
19:25 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:26 caroline So if you're looking for something to do (haha) there are documentation tasks on bugzilla
19:26 caroline #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]&v2=Documentation
19:26 caroline or the taiga board
19:26 caroline #link[…]ocs-1805/timeline
19:27 caroline The Taiga board is more for new features and enhancements and bugzilla if for bugs or things that are not clear or that we should change
19:28 caroline I will add a 20.11 epic and start addind the features that have already been pushed
19:28 caroline #action caroline to create a 20.11 epic in Taiga and go through release notes
19:28 caroline sorry I'm so late doing this :(
19:29 tcohen oleonard around?
19:29 caroline Priorities should be given to 20.11 new features and enhancements (when they are added to Taiga)
19:29 oleonard Yes
19:29 tcohen I need to solve an issue
19:29 caroline #info priorities on 20.11 new features and enhancements
19:30 caroline but feel free to work on whatever you like/can
19:30 caroline Every little bit helps make a great manual!
19:30 Marie-Luce I'll give a go.
19:31 caroline There's still a lot from older versions that still have not been documented, so take your pick
19:31 cait caroline++
19:31 cait just missed it, but was reading back
19:32 caroline if your commit is for an older version make sure to mention it in the commit message or the merge request message, just so I know to add it to the older manual also
19:33 cait do you prefer a specific format?
19:33 cait Added in.... or so?
19:34 caroline no, as long as it's there
19:35 caroline eventually, we might have more specific guidelines, but as none of us are developpers, I don't want to put barriers to contributions
19:35 caroline just write it somewhere (commit message or merge request message)
19:38 caroline Anything else anybody wanted to discuss before we set the time of the next meeting?
19:39 kellym will we have some time during KohaCon virtually for Documentation?
19:40 caroline good question, I know davidnind is presenting, but I didn't check for workshops
19:40 caroline #link
19:40 caroline ah yes, on Day 5 david is doing a workshop
19:40 Marie-Luce I would love an hackfest to learn more about documentation
19:41 caroline I took that week off to be able to attend during the night hehe
19:41 Marie-Luce :)
19:43 caroline #topic Set time of next meeting
19:43 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 20 August 2020)
19:43 caroline Is september 17 ok for everyone?
19:44 Marie-Luce it suits me
19:44 caroline and what about the time, should we change it up?
19:44 caroline or is this time still good? I know it's a bit late for our european colleagues
19:45 georgew I joined the meeting and then immediately got called away.  September 17 any time is good for me and I don't mind earlier in the day for the sake of those in Europe
19:46 caroline georgew are you west coast or east coast?
19:47 georgew Dead center.
19:47 kellym_ joined #koha
19:47 caroline ok so I won't put it too early eaither
19:47 georgew it's 2:45 p.m. here now
19:48 caroline is 17 UTC good? East coast that makes 1pm
19:48 henryb This time is fine for me but I can be flexible so I don't mind if it changes.
19:48 georgew works for me
19:49 caroline we usually meet later because davidnind is in new-zealand and I feel bad making him wake up at 2am just for a meeting (because he does it even if we tell him not to)
19:50 caroline #info Next meeting: 17 September 2020, 17 UTC
19:50 caroline #endmeeting
19:50 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:50 huginn Meeting ended Thu Aug 20 19:50:09 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:50 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-08-20-19.02.html
19:50 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-08-20-19.02.txt
19:50 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]20-19.02.log.html
19:50 caroline thank you all for coming and contributing <3
19:50 Marie-Luce thank you Caroline
19:51 henryb Thanks Caroline!
19:51 inlibro joined #koha
19:51 kellym_ thanks !
19:52 kellym left #koha
19:53 oleonard I wonder why the translation script might sometimes just not work
19:53 oleonard Strings not added to the po file
19:54 cait do you have an example?
19:55 cait or do you think it's an error with the script in that it works one time run but not ht eother?
19:55 marie-luce joined #koha
19:56 cait caroline: took the week of kohacon off too :)
19:57 caroline I think I took the idea from you :)
19:58 oleonard cait I've been doing all these patches which move strings into JavaScript for translation... I've done that for a new file, calendar.js, and it doesn't work.
19:58 cait caroline: we can keep each other awake then :)
19:58 cait happy to see you virtually at least
19:59 cait oleonard: hm i am not sure, i think if you'd write it up or maybe asked jajm directly, he might have an idea
19:59 cait I've also seen some where we can improve when translating
19:59 cait you can now adjust for plural and singular forms
19:59 cait (was wondering about I translated an "item(s)" for the cart :)
20:00 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:00 cait i am not sure yet how that all works, so maybe picking jajm's brain would be best
20:00 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:02 oleonard Oh I see what I did wrong
20:03 oleonard I put the new file in intranet-tmpl/prog/js instead of intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js
20:09 oleonard Sorry, I mean intranet-tmpl/js instead of intranet-tmpl/prog/js
20:17 cait oh!
20:21 aleisha_ joined #koha
20:30 caroline does anybody object that I change the component of bug 20815?
20:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20815 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to master , Add ability to choose if lost fee is refunded based on length of time item has been lost
20:30 caroline It appears under "Architecture, internals and plumbing" in the release notes
20:31 caroline I thinks it's more "System Administration"
20:33 cait i think interlas is wrong... but could also be circulation maybe?
20:34 cait system adminsitration works too,
20:34 caroline crap, I changed the wrong one...ugh, I'm so lost sometimes
20:36 cait don't worry about it, we all do it
20:36 caroline did I break bugzilla?
20:37 caroline I'm getting 504 Gateway error
20:37 oleonard One of us did! XD
20:38 oleonard rangi or gmcharlt around to check on bugzilla?
20:39 gmcharlt oleonard: taking a look
20:39 kathryn joined #koha
20:40 cait same here
20:40 cait rangi: around yet?
20:40 cait i was just aout to check the signed off ones for qa hm
20:40 cait sign?
20:41 gmcharlt oleonard: cait: try now
20:42 * gmcharlt consigns to the flames
20:42 caroline +1
20:44 cait oh some spammer?
20:44 cait hm or other bad person
20:44 cait looks ok now, thx gmcharlt!
20:44 caroline gmcharlt++
20:44 cait gmcharlt++
20:45 kellym_ joined #koha
20:46 gmcharlt == 1500 attempts at SQL injection in the space of 10 minutes
20:47 caroline yeesh
20:47 cait guess i have no excuse to not qa something now
20:51 inlibro joined #koha
20:58 hayley joined #koha
21:00 cait hm [21:00:14] Task 'build' is not in your gulpfile
21:00 cait ?
21:11 cait Joubu: around?
21:16 cait hm think i fixed it
21:47 cait oleonard: still aorund?
21:52 inlibro joined #koha
22:52 inlibro joined #koha
23:33 khall joined #koha
23:52 inlibro joined #koha
23:57 nugged joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary