IRC log for #koha, 2020-05-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #157: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/157/
00:31 inlibro joined #koha
01:31 inlibro joined #koha
01:49 kathryn joined #koha
02:02 tallerjoy joined #koha
02:05 tallerjoy joined #koha
02:31 inlibro joined #koha
03:32 inlibro joined #koha
04:32 inlibro joined #koha
05:07 deb-CSPL joined #koha
05:31 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:32 inlibro joined #koha
05:51 did joined #koha
06:32 inlibro joined #koha
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:45 reiveune hello
06:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:05 tosca joined #koha
07:32 inlibro joined #koha
08:32 inlibro joined #koha
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25567: Fix typo categorycode vs category_code <[…]61c1db63f71b04a07>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25567: Prevent patron category type's categorycode to be created with "" <[…]1faa1a40cefcd5f88>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25563: (bug 24386 follow-up) Don't disable submit button if form has not been... <[…]be14ccfec0cf8c373>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24229: Avoid fetching ALL items in test <[…]232be8434e65e9afb>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25411: Group conditions in if elsif <[…]bfa2f2165e540b9ec>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25411: Add special handling for public plugin routes <[…]ac56a53382b5aca7e>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25411: Regression tests <[…]9433cb7963a98be71>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25506: Fix for "Use of uninitialized value" in <[…]9696f15e7b5d88c2a>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25473: Move JavaScript out of the footer of <[…]9f1d8cc5780655b8c>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24413: Add tests <[…]4194fbc577b77959d>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25452: Restore alternate address email display <[…]a6be712d8dcbabb07>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25428: Correctly encode link if authority subfield is a URL <[…]ca10d844301496b06>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24612: Use the reserve_id to identify a reserve when building a notice <[…]defc390e164845429>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24612: Add tests <[…]6e8aa0babf61455c7>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24413: Do not remove the restrictions from AddReturn <[…]c6ce3d2c07cad9517>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24413: Apply AutoRemoveOverduesRestrictions for lost items <[…]4e5bc89623355b585>
08:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24612: Make hold-transfer-slip take reserve_id <[…]e034935fa746a09ce>
08:46 huginn News from kohagit: Add 20.11 release team <[…]2c9550c9361120173>
08:46 huginn News from kohagit: Update Contributors for 20.05 <[…]7935c16d704daa5b8>
09:00 cait joined #koha
09:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #244: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/244/
09:27 * cait waves
09:30 cait joined #koha
09:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #797: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/797/
09:33 inlibro joined #koha
09:33 ashimema cait
09:34 cait hello
09:34 wahanui que tal, cait
09:34 cait here for about 2 hours i think
09:34 cait can i help with something?
09:41 DavidR joined #koha
09:42 ashimema might ask for advice in a minute.. just running the junit test for translations.. they always throw a few errors in my experience.
09:42 ashimema just trying to remember how to resolve them.. haha
09:42 cait i think the rmaint wiki suggests to mark them fuzzy atm
09:45 ashimema I used to actually try to fix some
09:45 ashimema but just marking as fuzzy is probably easiest
09:45 ashimema grr
09:45 ashimema there's a fair few
09:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #330: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/330/
09:58 ashimema someone remind me how to mark a string as fuzzy in the .po file please
09:59 * ashimema can't easily fix chinese translations.. even though the fix looks obvious (%s missing).. I can't work out how to type it into the right place without mucking up the chinese chars
10:06 khall joined #koha
10:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #878: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/878/
10:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #301: UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/301/
10:33 inlibro joined #koha
10:33 davidnind[m] joined #koha
10:36 tuxayo ashimema:
10:36 tuxayo > someone remind me how to mark a string as fuzzy in the .po file please
10:36 tuxayo Directly in the fix or via poedit for example
10:39 ashimema sorted tuxayo
10:39 cait in poedit you can set 'needs more work' checkbox
10:41 ashimema right.. has been pushed.. alpha release so we can test translations and packaging processes are both solid before I announce a full release next week now.
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Teams fixes <[…]2a99bdbd56a96da70>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Increment version for 20.05.00 alpha release <[…]7649f31d8d97d529a>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Translation Fixes <[…]e3548e0aadaa732ad>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Clean up 'John Doe' <[…]bb6c29c7f40c20804>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Translation updates for Koha 20.05.00 <[…]c920453267e4a0536>
10:42 ashimema a package should turn up some time in the next hour here for anyone that fancies testing it with me:
10:43 * ashimema will wait to see that happen and then announce on the lists that we're seeking early testers
10:43 ashimema release notes are not yet included.. they will be added and the release properly tagged upon official
10:44 cait i am not able to install one, but if i had access to it i'd be happy to help
10:44 cait also could suggest some things to test :)
10:44 ashimema :)
10:44 ashimema well.. you could help by double checking the about pages and things
10:44 ashimema we bump the version number so those things will be present on your normal dev machine one you call the db update after a pull
10:45 ashimema totally good to suggest things to test
10:45 ashimema I'll be running up a buster server to test this myself
10:46 cait tihnking of translations and tinymce specifically
10:46 ashimema yup
10:46 ashimema those are totally top of the 'to test' list
10:46 cait for tinymce, also verify the pop ups works (add a link to something)
10:51 ashimema aha.. great to see progress being made on bug 25513.. I couldn't replicated it whatever I tried
10:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25513 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , acquisitions_orders.t is failing randomly
10:51 ashimema the mysql rounding things sounds very plausible
10:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1343: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1343/
10:53 Joubu ashimema: yes see comment 12, it should fail on stretch with the patch applied
10:55 Joubu ashimema: I think we should force the integers formatting at REST API level
10:56 ashimema sounds sensible to me
11:02 ashimema just commenting the 'install plugins from github' config as promised.. before I forget
11:03 cait khall: trying to test the claim_returned bug - but i am not getting the claims returned tab
11:04 cait ah i was imssing a pref value
11:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23975: (RM follow-up) Comment example configuration <[…]06156d0556a56a16f>
11:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #245: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/245/
11:14 nsk1 joined #koha
11:14 nsk1 hi all
11:14 nsk1 after installation of the koha software
11:14 nsk1 i see only config files in my server
11:14 nsk1 no folders at all
11:14 nsk1 why is that?
11:14 nsk1 i am looking for the images folder to replace the logo
11:16 nsk1 can anyone help?
11:17 cait not sure about the directories
11:17 cait but you should not change the files on the server
11:18 cait if you just switch out the image file, that change will be lost with your next update
11:18 cait better to use css like oleonard suggested yesterday
11:18 cait where files are stored depends on how you installed
11:18 cait for packages, the debian standards are followed and files will be in different directories
11:19 nsk1 yes i am trying to change the css
11:19 nsk1 but i want to change the logo
11:20 nsk1 so maybe after installation, i should create my own image folder and point the css to that?
11:21 Nemo_bis joined #koha
11:28 cait i think that would work
11:28 cait i am not totally sure becuase we build our own packages
11:29 cait where to put it ot keep safe
11:29 cait outside of the koha directories is probably the safest
11:29 tuxayo > a package should turn up some time in the next hour here for anyone that fancies testing it with me:
11:29 tuxayo So it would be following these instruction right? (and use the right packages)
11:29 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
11:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #798: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/798/
11:31 nsk1 i see
11:31 nsk1 i have been pointed to to change the logo
11:32 nsk1 but i am unable to find the img folder
11:32 nsk1 as i see only the config files under the koha folder and no folders
11:33 ashimema yup.. perfect tuxayo
11:33 inlibro joined #koha
11:34 tuxayo ashimema: good, I was pumped up try package install. But by the time I managed to build them, all the package bugs for signed off >_<
11:34 ashimema hehe
11:36 tuxayo ashimema: so this is the directory to watch until 20.05 packages show up right?
11:36 tuxayo
11:37 ashimema bug 25517
11:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25517 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , not found on pacakge installations / Translations not working
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24612: Fix existing ReserveSlip tests <[…]5783e997fcc3d3d17>
11:37 ashimema I believe so tuxayo
11:38 tuxayo I don't know was unstable/ and dev/ directories are for
11:39 ashimema not entirely sure ;)
11:39 cait nsk1: i tihnk what was meant was to change hte css
11:39 cait you can put your own URL
11:39 cait in the systep preference OPAC or IntranetUserCSS
11:39 cait #login h1 { background: url{your own url) no-rpeeat top center;
11:42 nsk1 ok let me try that again....thanks a lot
11:47 cait i missed one closing }
11:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #879: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/879/
12:08 oleonard o/
12:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #331: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/331/
12:13 cait ohoh
12:14 ashimema ?
12:14 ashimema mm
12:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:26 tuxayo packages for 20.05 are here!!!!
12:26 tuxayo[…]htly/deb/?C=M;O=D
12:26 tuxayo
12:26 tuxayo and current master 8ec729dc01ab185fb9d72915783e997fcc3d3d17
12:26 tuxayo So it matches!
12:27 ashimema excellent
12:27 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
12:33 inlibro joined #koha
12:35 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:35 wahanui Congratulations!
12:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #302: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/302/
12:37 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "Joubu" (17 lines) at
12:38 DonnaB joined #koha
13:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1344: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1344/
13:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #246: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/246/
13:16 ashimema cait ?
13:16 wahanui cait is scepcital, but for some things like ILL and local payment providers a plugin system makses sens
13:33 cait joined #koha
13:33 inlibro joined #koha
13:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #880: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/880/
13:40 ashimema why is everything failing today :(
13:42 ashimema mtj around?
13:48 cait 3 am i think
13:48 cait sorry, 2
13:49 alex_a Is there a way to make the tests in t/db_dependent/Biblio.t all pass ?
13:50 alex_a Ran it on a unimarc database => Failed test 'MARC21'
13:50 alex_a Ran it on a marc21 database => Failed test 'UNIMARC'
13:51 ashimema indeed
13:51 ashimema but he's randomly around
13:52 Joubu which tests are failing?
13:52 Joubu alex_a: which tests are failing?
13:52 Joubu if "pickup_location" related, see bug 25540
13:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25540 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Biblio.t is failing randomly
13:52 Joubu but that should pass 95% of the time :)
13:52 alex_a Joubu, many test in fact
13:53 alex_a "Authority record successfully retrieved"
13:53 caroline joined #koha
13:53 Joubu with the sample data?
13:53 Joubu that should not
13:54 alex_a Joubu, didn't you make a "specific test" db ?
13:54 alex_a sample data ?
13:54 wahanui somebody said sample data was linked to authorities bizarrely, it's surprising that you wind up with any results at all since authid 35 is a Saramago uniform title, and the bibs are all Perl books saying their Perl subject is linked to that Portuguese title
13:54 Joubu just `reset_all`
13:55 Joubu will erase the DB!
13:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #799: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/799/
14:01 lukeG joined #koha
14:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24380: (RM follow-up) Fix update statement to prevent regression <[…]fc44b5c775f385b21>
14:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24347: Add sponsorship details <[…]500344c96455e829e>
14:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #332: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/332/
14:22 oleonard jajm: The functionality offered by Bug 24023 came up today at my library, so if you are able to rebase it I'd like to test it
14:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24023 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Patch doesn't apply , Add ability to create bundles of items
14:24 jajm oleonard, will do (but probably not today)
14:34 inlibro joined #koha
14:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #881: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/881/
14:54 enkidu joined #koha
14:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #303: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/303/
15:04 ashimema @later tell caroline Housebound is[…]ousebound-patrons. It's designed for people in the community who can't get the a library for various reasons and is run by library volunteers as such.  There are three roles in the workflow.. the Housebound borrower, someone to 'Choose' the items they may like to borrow.. and finally someone to deliver the item to the borrower.
15:04 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
15:06 ashimema @later tell caroline So.. at the moment it's not so much designed for the end borrower to pick the items they wish to borrower.. it's more of a magical box of box that arrives for them every week or two..
15:06 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
15:06 ashimema @later tell caroline nice way of 'Looking after the older generation'.. lots of public libraries here do it
15:06 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
15:06 caroline thanks ashimema!
15:06 ashimema might be a nice thing to fold into it though.. adding in the ability for the borrower to add to a list of items they're interested in getting
15:07 ashimema they already get to add details of their tastes.. 'Preferred materials', 'Subjects', 'Authors' etc
15:07 caroline We also have something similar here for housebound deliveries, but that's not really what the client was asking for
15:07 ashimema the 'Preferred materials' may even already work that way..
15:08 ashimema it's been ages since we developed it to be honest.. I can't remember how i works!
15:08 cait joined #koha
15:08 ashimema mad.. I had a hand in it
15:08 caroline they were asking me if they could create a library called "Delivery" and have users choose that library when placing a hold
15:08 ashimema we're currently discussing how we can offer 'Click and collect' type services to Koha here
15:08 caroline I think it's a nice idea, the only thing is it's going to create useless transfers
15:08 ashimema libraries are asking for that allot given the current situation
15:09 ashimema ah.. interesting
15:09 cait hm missed the beginning of discussion
15:09 ashimema I feel like it would fit inside the Housebound code a little more neatly
15:09 caroline lol cait, the conversation started yesterday ;)
15:09 cait how to indicate htat patrons want delivery?
15:10 cait oh
15:10 ashimema instead of a 'Place hold'.. it's becomes more of a 'Request delivery'
15:10 ashimema and would get added into the 'Preferred materials' list?.. via the OPAC
15:10 caroline I was just wondering if other libraries had implemented delivery of holds and if so how, because I had a question from a client who wants to do this
15:11 ashimema What I'm less sure about is how to tie it all together with people picking stuff off the shelves and actually delivering it..
15:11 caroline I'll send them the housebound thing, but I don't think that's really what they were looking for
15:11 ashimema is your client literally thinking of posting the materials out?
15:11 caroline but you never know! :)
15:11 ashimema :)
15:11 caroline Not sure it will be by post, I think they were thinking of having someone do a run every once in a while
15:12 caroline like a ubereats for libraries
15:13 oleonard We do home deliveries for some patrons but they're exclusively home-delivery patrons, so they don't choose it as an option.
15:14 ashimema haha, brilliant
15:14 cait hm I think using the holds system might have some advantages. having a virtual pick-up location "delivery" maybe without having to actually add another branch?
15:14 caroline yeah, I think that's how the housebound module was thought
15:14 ashimema yeah.. that's how Housebound works oleonard
15:14 ashimema is that what you use?
15:14 ashimema or do you have your own workflow oleonard?
15:15 ashimema sounds viable cait
15:15 caroline cait: can we create a virtual pickup location now?
15:15 caroline Or are you just thinking out loud?
15:15 ashimema could work for click and collect too cait..
15:15 cait just thinking loud
15:15 caroline ok
15:15 oleonard We don't use the housebound module, but I can't remember off the top of my head why not
15:15 cait if you need something now... maybe the hold notes field could be turned into something using jquery?
15:16 caroline This particular client has 2 branches already, so I don't think phantom transfers would be a problem for them if they go down that route
15:16 caroline since they already know how to manage transfers
15:17 reiveune bye
15:17 reiveune left #koha
15:18 cait turning it into a checkbox
15:19 ashimema interesting idea
15:19 cait OpacHoldNotes
15:20 caroline I also suggested using OpacHoldNotes, but it might get messy since it's a free text input
15:21 caroline The thing I like about the Delivery branch is that the opo up is different from the regular hold pop up
15:21 caroline makes it harder to miss
15:21 cait caroline: that#s why I was suggesting jquery to reformat the free text into a pull down or checkbox
15:23 cait but it's a bit of work
15:24 cait having it in the pick up location list is the most intuitive probably
15:27 davidnind left #koha
15:29 tuxayo mtj++ This deb repo with autobuild of koha package from master is really great
15:31 ashimema what OS have you tested on tuxayo.. tcohen says there's some issues with the repo and D10 still :(
15:32 ashimema I'm looking forward to hearing more once mtj is awake
15:33 tallestjoy joined #koha
15:33 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:33 wahanui Congratulations!
15:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #800: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/800/
15:34 inlibro joined #koha
15:34 ashimema oh man that makes me happy
15:40 tuxayo ashimema: I'm still learning and documenting how to use docker to install Koha in it.
15:40 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]a_package_install
15:40 tuxayo Now I'm reading the install instruction to no miss the parts that will change to install master packages.
15:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1345: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1345/
15:43 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:44 oleonard__ joined #koha
15:47 oleonard___ joined #koha
15:47 * oleonard___ has underscores for days
15:54 did joined #koha
16:07 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
16:08 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:08 wahanui Congratulations!
16:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #247: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/247/
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #222: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/222/
16:34 inlibro joined #koha
16:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #333: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/333/
16:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #223: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/223/
17:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #218: UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/218/
17:20 tcohen ashimema tuxayo mtj Joubu :[…]pelines/148717557
17:21 tcohen that means alpha is failing to install on some distros
17:24 * tuxayo sent a long message:  <[…]ikZWjnXzXwtnHQMva >
17:25 tuxayo At least that consistent with our current official support right?
17:25 tuxayo * At least thats consistent with our current official support right?
17:26 tuxayo «sent a long message» Damn
17:26 tuxayo take 2:
17:26 tuxayo So
17:26 tuxayo - U 18.04 => ok
17:26 tuxayo - Debian 10 => fail
17:26 tcohen tuxayo, that's the same gitlab shows, it's ok
17:27 tcohen I added an Ubuntu 20.04 image as well :_D
17:28 tuxayo I always have to translate to version numbers ^^" I can reliably use codenames
17:29 tuxayo *I can't reliably
17:29 did if a marc subfield uses a VA with  value 0 (zero) like YES_NO, it seems it's not saved in items table, it's a bug or a feature? ie 0 --> undefined
17:34 inlibro joined #koha
17:41 tcohen D8: 0 D9: 1 D10: 0 U18: 1 U20: 0
17:41 tcohen ^^  tuxayo
17:43 tuxayo yes!
17:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:47 wahanui Congratulations!
17:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #882: FIXED in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/882/
17:51 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:51 wahanui Congratulations!
17:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #304: FIXED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/304/
18:06 chris_n joined #koha
18:34 inlibro joined #koha
18:44 ashimema @later mtj are you on the packaging issues being reported on tcohens magic pipelines?[…]pelines/148717557
18:44 huginn ashimema: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
18:44 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
18:45 ashimema * @later tell mtj are you on the packaging issues being reported on tcohens magic pipelines?[…]pelines/148717557
18:45 ashimema @later tell mtj are you on the packaging issues being reported on tcohens magic pipelines?[…]pelines/148717557
18:45 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
18:45 ashimema even
18:45 cait ashimema: jajm put a patch up for the .mo problem
18:45 cait i can't tst the packaging - but i oculd test for regressions...
18:45 cait ?
18:45 ashimema awesome!
18:45 ashimema that's great news
18:45 ashimema that would be great cait
18:45 cait i mean just checking it doesn't break dev
18:46 ashimema having a patch for the .mo issue
18:46 ashimema yeah.. but that's good
18:46 cait ok, i will give it a go then and note i tested only the first half
18:48 tcohen hi ashimema
18:48 ashimema hi tochen
18:48 ashimema tcohen.. even
18:49 tcohen I'm running debian/list-deps inside a buster container
18:49 tcohen to see the results
18:49 tcohen the thing is
18:49 ashimema :)
18:49 tcohen buster has perl 5.28 and focal, 5.30
18:49 ashimema mm
18:49 tcohen that shouldn't be an issue
18:50 ashimema I remember thinking the control file looked really weird for the perl listing
18:50 tcohen bug 17084
18:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17084 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mirko, ASSIGNED , Automatic debian/control updates (master)
18:50 tcohen we need to know how that is/was generated
18:50 tcohen it is dependent on where you run it
18:51 tcohen will a control file built in (say) focal work for other distros? do we need specific perl versions on the control file?
18:51 tcohen questions onjy drojf and mtj can answer
18:51 tcohen he
18:51 ashimema I'm not sure mtj knows to be honest
18:51 ashimema yeah
18:51 ashimema yeah..
18:52 ashimema so weird lines like `libcgi-pm-perl | perl-modules | perl-modules-5.22 | perl-modules-5.24`
18:52 tcohen ah, because CGI is no longer core?
18:52 tcohen or the opposite
18:53 ashimema at some point I manually build a control file adding in `| perl-modules-5.26 | perl-module-5.28 | perl-modules-5.30` to each of the relevant lines
18:53 ashimema can't remember the context
18:53 ashimema yeah.. something like that
18:53 ashimema as various modules got folded into core perl we ended up listing them after the pile
18:53 ashimema pipe.. even
18:53 ashimema but I really didn't understand the details..
18:53 tcohen I'm trying to build a master package that installs on buster
18:53 tcohen and see what is needed
18:53 ashimema I vaguely remember even discussing it with mtj..
18:54 ashimema so.. my memory was that you had to do the build on the oldest possible version of debian you wanted to support
18:54 tcohen ah, and patch for newer
18:54 ashimema but it somehow magically new what additional 'or pipes' to add for more recent versions to be supported
18:55 ashimema something along those lines
18:55 tcohen oh, it makes sense
18:55 ashimema so...
18:55 tcohen we are dropping support for jessie
18:55 tcohen right?
18:55 ashimema perhaps mtj's is just building on a 'too new' pbuilder or something
18:55 tcohen we already did
18:55 ashimema I was suggesting we drop it yes
18:55 tcohen so I should start over, in stretch
18:56 tcohen it all makes sense
18:56 ashimema I think I was going to suggest we kept support for these last maint releases but dropped it for the 20.05 build
18:56 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
18:56 ashimema debian themselves drop it end of next month anyway
18:56 ashimema thanks dude
18:56 tcohen I think we just need to:
18:56 * ashimema has to go do the washing up before he gets in trouble with his better half
18:56 tcohen - use stretch to generate the control file
18:56 ashimema will monitor here from the phone
18:56 tcohen - patch for buster and focal
18:58 cait watching you guys solve problems the last days gives me a warm feeling :) community++
19:00 tcohen community++
19:08 ashimema Long may it last
19:08 ashimema community++
19:09 ashimema I really want to see the spirit fostered this last few cycles continue to grow.. and though I may no longer be RM I hope to continue to encourage such conversation and collaboration ongoing. 🙂
19:10 tcohen ashimema++
19:10 tcohen ashimema++
19:10 tcohen great release, great challenges
19:11 ashimema tcohen++
19:21 tuxayo cait:
19:21 tuxayo > watching you guys solve problems the last days gives me a warm feeling :)
19:21 tuxayo Same feeling when seeing all the packaging bugs getting tested while I was getting crazy
19:21 tuxayo learning how to build them and learning docker. Next time I'll be able to help :D
19:21 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
19:24 mtj hi folks
19:24 tuxayo Now I'm trying to install the nightly packages and `koha-create --create-db` failed to restart Apache :<
19:24 tuxayo[…]CxqG5mXnVhexJ1sYw
19:24 tuxayo o/ mtj thanks for you repo
19:25 mtj hiya tuxayo, thanks :)
19:26 mtj ill do some proper testing of the packages today
19:28 mtj ^ the debian/control file for the koha package is built in a VM of the oldest OS
19:29 tcohen hola mtj!
19:29 mtj so the master nightly packages are currently being built in stretch - not jessie
19:29 tcohen mtj I was about to submit a patch for
19:30 tcohen list-deps
19:30 tcohen adding -5,28 and -5,30
19:30 tcohen so it is installable on buster and focal
19:30 tuxayo Is anyone testing on Debian 9? I'm testing on D9 so I should have these issue (I can invent other!)
19:31 tuxayo IIUC despite the current issues, an install of master packages on Debian 9 should work.
19:32 tcohen tuxayo I don't understand: does it install or not for you?
19:32 tcohen mtj
19:33 tcohen can you share the steps you follow to create the suitable VM
19:33 tcohen I think I managed to make it work on a docker container
19:33 tcohen provided I installed apt-file and added the repos
19:34 tcohen (and some deps like libcpan-meta-perl
19:34 tuxayo tcohen this steps:
19:34 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]e_a_Koha_instance
19:34 tuxayo I get and Apache restart error
19:34 tuxayo[…]CxqG5mXnVhexJ1sYw
19:34 mtj ah, yes..looks like we need 5,28 and -5,30 in control file
19:34 inlibro joined #koha
19:34 tuxayo I mean, I could ignore it
19:35 tcohen mtj do you want to take care of it, mtj?
19:35 mtj tcohen: yes ^
19:35 tcohen awesome
19:36 tcohen in the meantime, I want to build a docker for running list-deps
19:37 mtj tuxayo: i think your apache error is someother problem
19:39 tuxayo mtj: Thanks I'll try dig on non-Koha stuff.
19:39 tuxayo Because my test env might totally not suited for that:
19:39 tuxayo tl;dr docker container for Debian:9 where I log in and try to apply the steps of Koha install. (While using the nightly package)
19:39 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]a_package_install
19:40 mtj 'AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message'
19:40 mtj tuxayo: i think that error can be ignored ^
19:41 tuxayo mtj: Yes I'm ignoring it. As KTD works without domain
19:47 tcohen that's a warning, from Apache
19:48 tcohen and[…]/files/
19:48 tcohen koha-testing-docker sets something
19:54 tuxayo tcohen: Thanks, I'll will do that.
19:54 tuxayo That warning wasn't the issue. It was the error.
19:55 tuxayo Which I circumvented by kill apache and starting it... But I'm afraid this error made the koha-create incomplete.
19:55 tuxayo I'm starting over to have an instance less dirty.
19:57 ashimema Thanks for testing tuxayo.. nothing beats a bit of manual playing with it to flush out the bugs
19:58 Aja joined #koha
20:01 tuxayo ashimema: though on every issue found might not be obvious to know if it's a bug or just my strange test env.
20:02 Aja Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a report that will list the "count" of borrowers.sort1 in a report. In our system, sort1 is set up as an "on/off" setting. I.e. the box is checked "Y" or not "N." I'm able to get the count for sort1, but so far it's only listing which one is the largest of the two.
20:02 Aja I'm not sure how to easily explain it without posting the SQL, but that can be hard to read in chat sometimes. Would that help?
20:03 tuxayo Aja: use a paste tool, like
20:04 Aja[…]ZLy592yh1WFWmtjBN
20:05 Aja Cool, thanks.
20:05 tuxayo ashimema: anyway, If my approach works, I'll have a quick (and documented) way to test packaging. Which will surely come handy.
20:08 ashimema ++
20:09 tuxayo Aja: Don't you need a group by for what you want to achieve? (I'm not sure, I quickly forgot SQL if not used enough)
20:09 caroline Aja: what are the possible values?
20:09 caroline Y and N?
20:10 caroline You should add a where sort1 = Y or something
20:10 caroline or like tuxayo said, group by sort1, branchcode
20:11 Aja I believe it's just Y or N, although I'm forgetting where to find the formatting for sort1. Still new to reports and Koha
20:14 Aja I was trying to think of a report in the library that might do something similar.
20:19 enkidu left #koha
20:24 tuxayo Aja: «I believe it's just Y or N»
20:24 tuxayo You can check by `SELECT borrowers.sort1 from borrowers group by borrowers.sort1;`
20:24 tuxayo Or something like that.
20:26 tuxayo Thanks for making me practice some SQL :P
20:26 cait you are missing the group by
20:26 cait then it should work
20:26 cait add at the end group by 1
20:27 cait (group on the first column)
20:27 cait Aja: ^
20:27 cait oh
20:27 cait i see
20:27 Aja Aha yes it's showing 4 values for sort1. Y, N, and what must be two "blank" fields
20:27 cait sec, you got a group before the order
20:27 cait i misread
20:27 cait i'd do
20:27 cait GROUP BY borrowers.sort1, borrowers.branchcode
20:30 Aja Aha, now we're getting somewhere, thanks! I had been trying to sort by branch code without also grouping by branch code. That was causing me issues
20:31 tuxayo 🥳
20:32 cait yep, basically you need to group by all the columns in the select apart from the count
20:35 inlibro joined #koha
20:35 * tuxayo will also try to remember that to avoid past struggles with group by.
20:35 Aja thanks for your help! I'll play around with it some more, but that was very helpful
20:36 cait you are welcome
20:36 tuxayo Aja: BTW where are you from? (your libary)
20:36 enkidu joined #koha
20:36 tuxayo Good to see new people here
20:36 Aja Midwestern USA
20:37 enkidu Hi all, I moved the docker and it was working yesterday, but not today.
20:37 enkidu I'm not sure how to debug it?
20:38 cait no idea about docker, but hi enkidu :)
20:38 * tuxayo learns geography.[…]ern_United_States
20:38 enkidu hi cait
20:39 Aja Where are you tuxedo?
20:39 Aja *tuxayo
20:39 tuxayo enkidu: «and it was working yesterday, but not today» Can you elaborate?
20:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #223: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/223/
20:40 tuxayo Aja: south of France (Marseille)
20:40 enkidu koha_1       | User kohadev-koha already exists.
20:40 enkidu koha_koha_1 exited with code 1
20:40 enkidu ~/koha/git/koha-testing-docker$ docker ps -a
20:40 enkidu CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                          COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                     PORTS                NAMES
20:40 enkidu 5f624e2f584c        koha/koha-testing:master                       "/bin/bash /kohadevb…"   6 hours ago         Exited (1) 9 minutes ago                        koha_koha_1
20:40 enkidu 5eedfa0d1d15        koha/elasticsearch-icu:6.x                     "/usr/local/bin/dock…"   4 days ago          Up 10 minutes              9200/tcp, 9300/tcp   koha_es_1
20:40 enkidu d3cbcff29cb8        memcached                                      "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 days ago          Up 10 minutes              11211/tcp            koha_memcached_1
20:40 enkidu ea998b0d4e0f        mysql:5.5                                      "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 days ago          Up 10 minutes              3306/tcp             koha_db_1
20:40 enkidu f5a2589ea9ac        selenium/standalone-firefox:2.53.1-americium   "/opt/bin/entry_poin…"   4 days ago          Up 10 minutes              4444/tcp             koha_selenium_1
20:40 enkidu Everything else is working but not the koha image
20:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #224: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/224/
20:42 enkidu tuxayo: I just ran,       docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml pull
20:43 Aja tuxayo: Cool. I love how international the Koha community is!
20:43 tuxayo enkidu: did you ran `kd` also?
20:44 tuxayo enkidu: It's the way to stopping the containers and cleanup some "things" (I don't get this part)
20:44 enkidu tuxayo: kd is a command in koha shell? If so , I cannot enter the koha image.
20:44 tuxayo enkidu: kd is another alias like ku
20:45 cait Aja: South of Germany
20:47 tuxayo Aja: here is a map of the libraries that enabled data reporting
20:47 tuxayo (it can be minimal and anonymous or more comprehensive if one wants to show in the map)
20:47 tuxayo
20:51 tuxayo enkidu: The common workflow with koha-testing-docker to run is with `ku` and in another terminal use `kd` to cleanly shut down the thing.
20:51 tuxayo I prefer to run `ku ; kd` so wen't I'm done I ctrl-c in the terminal which shutdown the containers and then run kd to cleanup.
20:52 tuxayo That's just a matter of preference to not forget to run kd loose time before understanding what's wrong.
20:52 enkidu tuxayo: I've just realised the aliases in the docker
20:53 tuxayo enkidu: That's two difference things.
20:53 tuxayo from the host:[…]ng-docker#aliases
20:53 tuxayo from the container:[…]-docker#root-user
20:56 enkidu I got the issue. When you close docker by CTRL-C , it does not Removing network koha_kohanet, and hence it doesnot open it for the next try. But when you use kd it cleans.
20:57 tuxayo enkidu: Thanks, I didn't know yet what kd was actually doing ^^
20:57 enkidu thanks tuxayo,
20:58 enkidu it helped me to figure it out also
20:58 tuxayo enkidu: YW if you have feedback about the documentation, the commands/aliases, feature suggestions:
20:58 tuxayo You are welcome to open topic here:[…]g-docker/-/issues
21:02 enkidu Thanks let me add this one
21:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #219: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/219/
21:12 mtj ashimema: tcohen - i made a patch for the deban/control file - for 20.05/deb10
21:12 mtj bug 25591
21:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25591 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Update debian/control for debian 10
21:13 tuxayo enkidu: great! the easier these tools are to use, the more people can easily have a testing/dev Koha instance
21:15 tuxayo mtj:  What do you mean by "koha 20.05 on debian 10" ?
21:15 tcohen I think he meant 20.04
21:16 mtj yeah, that ^ :)
21:17 tuxayo mtj: How should it be tested? Env by env or like tcohen did?
21:17 tuxayo[…]pelines/148717557
21:19 tuxayo Anyway, that changes nothing for me. I still have to finish my install of master package on Debian 9
21:24 mtj tuxayo: lets test with gitlab ktd, i like that :)
21:25 tuxayo mtj: Me too. It was I case it wasn't the same thing and I didn't understand that.
21:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #224: SUCCESS in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/224/
21:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #225: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/225/
21:35 inlibro joined #koha
21:56 tuxayo Does anyone know is the official docker image"debian:9" is suitable to install Koha?
21:56 tuxayo Or if too much things are missing that the install instruction won't apply.
21:57 tuxayo Like koha-create and koha-remove aren't able to restart apache
21:58 tuxayo Maybe I should create a user with sudo privileges
21:58 tcohen tuxayo it is
21:59 tuxayo suitable?
21:59 tcohen the apt system will install all the dependencies koha-common needs :-D
21:59 tcohen of course
21:59 tuxayo So maybe I've found a legitimate issue?
22:00 tuxayo «the apt system will install all the dependencies koha-common needs :-D» (that's what I hoped :) )
22:00 tcohen you can try on a VM
22:00 tcohen mkdir stretch ; cd stretch ; vagrant init debian/stretch64 ; vagrant up ; vagrant ssh
22:04 enkidu Hi again, I'm just trying to change about page, to add our company name. I'm seeing qa-test-tools directory after changing. Am I missing something?
22:05 enkidu git status
22:05 enkidu HEAD detached at origin/master
22:05 enkidu Changes to be committed:
22:05 enkidu (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
22:05 enkidu modified:
22:05 enkidu Untracked files:
22:05 enkidu (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
22:05 enkidu ../../../../../qa-test-tools/
22:05 tuxayo tcohen:
22:05 tuxayo I might try that, but isn't that the same Debian more or less?
22:05 tuxayo I think I messed up with the Koha repos.
22:05 tuxayo I didn't:
22:06 tuxayo echo "deb unstable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
22:06 tuxayo But it still managed to install koha-common without the perldeps O_O
22:07 tuxayo enkidu: QA test tool should be related to what you aren't doing?
22:07 enkidu tuxayo: No, I didn't change anything on it.
22:08 enkidu just in
22:08 tuxayo enkidu: And, I have the impression that the footer of the OPAC and staff interface is more suited
22:08 tuxayo to display the name of the support company.
22:09 tuxayo That's too be customized in syspref. So no code to touch.
22:13 cait i think you are talking about diferent things
22:13 cait enkidu is talking about the about page - koha team ta
22:13 cait b
22:13 cait we have a section on this page about contributing companies
22:14 enkidu yes cait
22:14 cait i am just a bit irritated you didn't get in there as I thought Martin had a script doing that now hm
22:14 cait ashimema: ... shoudl be asleep :)
22:14 cait enkidu: looking for devinim?
22:15 enkidu cait: yes
22:16 cait i' d say change about tt and add martin to the bug - if there is an automatism he will see it
22:16 tcohen tuxayo
22:16 tcohen don't use the unstable thing
22:16 tcohen that hasn't been updated since september I think
22:17 tuxayo tcohen: you mean this?
22:17 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]stall#Actual_work
22:17 tcohen[…]Dockerfile#L76-77
22:17 tcohen I meant it was not enough
22:17 tcohen that is
22:18 tuxayo tcohen: Thanks, what a surprise that koha-common can still be installed.
22:20 tcohen the comunity one has some deps, mason's the alpha package
22:22 tuxayo Ok, I get it now
22:28 cait hm there is a test not cleaning up its itemtypes somewhere
22:31 cait enkidu: your commit message is missing the bug number, i will try to fix
22:33 enkidu cait: I forgot this generally, Should I say   Git commit -m “  Bug 25592 ....."
22:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25592 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kohadevinim, NEW , Add Devinim to about page
22:33 cait i am on it, don't worry :)
22:35 enkidu thanks cait
22:35 inlibro joined #koha
22:35 cait i tihnk the -m probably works, i usually do a git commit --amend
22:39 tuxayo enkidu: commit messages: here is an example: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ages#Subject_line
22:40 cait hm there is something odd going on in acq
22:41 tcohen cait keep me posted
22:42 cait some odd styling related to uncertain prices
22:42 cait i had not seen that before
23:35 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary