IRC log for #koha, 2020-05-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 inlibro joined #koha
00:13 khall joined #koha
00:21 cait1 joined #koha
01:03 inlibro joined #koha
01:09 khall joined #koha
02:03 inlibro joined #koha
02:57 khall joined #koha
03:04 inlibro joined #koha
03:20 lukeG1 joined #koha
03:51 amoyano left #koha
04:04 inlibro joined #koha
04:25 khall joined #koha
05:04 inlibro joined #koha
05:15 khall joined #koha
05:31 andreashm joined #koha
06:04 inlibro joined #koha
06:07 khall joined #koha
07:04 inlibro joined #koha
07:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25303: Add a test for ->reset <[…]f3d6951f8d8fe12b8>
07:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25303: Call ->reset before iterate on the set <[…]64b60c8372fe1d9a2>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23794: DBRev 19.12.082 <[…]bde1f3368c5e2915c>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24043: (QA follow-up) Fix another TypeError when retrieving status name <[…]efa2ea190b184c1d1>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25297: Consistent return value in K::A::Order->current_item_level_holds <[…]a0fcec2d5a21f0e24>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25297: Regression tests <[…]28abd0f83bbcebce8>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24980: (follow-up) return '' when date is null <[…]50aa3353ddcbc6ddd>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24980: Only add timezone if passed a date-time <[…]39371f45afc6c0244>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24043: Fix retrieval of of status name <[…]e0d29b96ca3dc8640>
07:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23794: Convert OpacMainUserBlock system preference to news block <[…]a9f9a5d9b489a0fdf>
07:23 ashimema cait2 around
07:41 khall joined #koha
07:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:47 wahanui Congratulations!
07:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1301: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1301/
07:57 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:57 wahanui Congratulations!
07:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #209: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/209/
08:04 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:04 wahanui Congratulations!
08:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #763: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/763/
08:04 inlibro joined #koha
08:25 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:25 wahanui Congratulations!
08:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #292: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/292/
08:26 khall joined #koha
08:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:34 wahanui Congratulations!
08:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #843: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/843/
08:37 did joined #koha
08:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #267: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/267/
08:59 ashimema very quiet in here today
09:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1302: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1302/
09:05 inlibro joined #koha
09:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #210: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/210/
09:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #844: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/844/
09:45 khall joined #koha
09:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #764: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/764/
09:56 khall_ joined #koha
10:05 inlibro joined #koha
10:30 cait joined #koha
10:37 cait good morning
10:37 cait hm lunch :)
10:42 oleonard Hi all
10:44 cait hi oleonard :)
10:45 cait i am just adding a suggestion for a new coding guidelie for the aria-hidden
10:45 oleonard Oh thank you cait
10:46 cait well not phrased out... just on the agenda
10:46 cait triggered by tcohen's comment on bug 25279
10:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25279 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Make the cities list use the API
10:46 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]6_May_2020#Agenda
10:51 ashimema cait
10:51 cait hi
10:51 wahanui salut, cait
10:51 cait bug 24278?
10:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24278 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Replace Locale::Currency::Format because it's buggy
10:51 cait i am not sure how you would write tests for this
10:51 ashimema I've been trying to catch you regarding bug 20352.. i make a decision and suddenly you appear and comment.. lol
10:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20352 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Add  ability of currency/price to have a symbol after amount
10:52 cait because you mentioned the right keyword... and because I've been trying to work through the backlog in m y inbox
10:52 ashimema I wanted to ask if you guys do ordering in multiple currencies and how you would expect them to appear
10:52 cait the formatting should be the locale, as you said
10:52 ashimema so you feel I'm right not to push that one as is..
10:52 cait yes
10:53 ashimema coolios..
10:53 cait i know Joubu had asked me to take a look too, i am sorry i didn<#t get aorund to it
10:53 ashimema what I'm struggling with is how things should appear overall..
10:53 cait me too
10:53 ashimema localised by where the currenct comes from or localised to the local display..
10:53 ashimema i.e..
10:53 cait i feel local display...
10:53 ashimema do you guys ever order in german euros and uk pounds on one system?
10:53 ashimema and if you do..
10:54 cait but if you have a system with branches in different countries... not sure if htat would change the expectation for example for showing amounts in the opac
10:54 cait this has idfferent pieces
10:54 ashimema should gbp look like `1.000,02 £`
10:54 cait one is acq
10:54 ashimema or `£1,000.02`
10:54 cait at the moment, we don#t even show the foreign amounts
10:54 cait you enter and immediately recalculate
10:54 cait so all you see is your active currency in the tables
10:55 cait i have a bug open for that osmewhere
10:55 ashimema I'm just looking for expectations at the moment rather than what we currently do ;)
10:55 cait we have a library who regularly orders from israel
10:55 Joubu ashimema: yes we are all right about it, it's a wrong assumption. But it may display correctly in 90% of the cases
10:55 cait shekel i think
10:55 cait i believe it would help readability for users to use the same formatting
10:55 cait that thy are usedto
10:56 cait because we do calculations with it, and it might be irritating if there is a lot of variation in the tables
10:56 ashimema next question.. hmm.. harder one to give an example of
10:56 cait and they might not know how things diplay in other countries per se
10:56 ashimema what about places ording in USD and CAD ?
10:56 cait ?
10:57 ashimema how would you tell between $1,000.02 and $1,000.02 for the two currencies?
10:57 ashimema as an example
10:57 cait I guess the easiest would be to show iso codes
10:57 cait and the currency symbol only in the opac
10:57 cait not in acq?
10:58 cait differentiate the uses.... a patron will know what is meant
10:58 cait and only display it if it's not the active currency in acq?
10:58 cait no need to say EUR everywhere or €
10:58 ashimema sounds sane
10:59 cait might be tricky... but we could defer the question to the acq SIG
10:59 cait only problem might be it's a little US centric atm i gues
10:59 cait s
10:59 ashimema I still like the idea of offloading it to a module.. but I think most modules are designed to localise at a currency level
10:59 cait maybe Sonia would have an opinion too, it hink as a university in europe the yprobably order a lot too
10:59 cait i am not against a module
10:59 cait just THIS module has given me nightmares
11:00 cait i had treid to emai lthe author nicely a long while back and never heard anything
11:00 cait and the issues are rather old too
11:00 ashimema the unicode one looks sane enough..
11:00 cait the worst so far was when it printed multiples of the fine
11:00 cait which one was that?
11:00 ashimema tried catching larz about it?
11:00 ashimema he's on the contributors list
11:00 cait i don't know these people, you do :)
11:00 ashimema[…]:Format::Currency
11:01 ashimema seems reasonably well respected and is fairly high up the cpan river
11:01 ashimema which are usually good measures
11:01 cait hm hasn#t seen updates in a while, but apart from that I can't tell if it#s good or not
11:01 ashimema sometimes things don't get updates simply because they work well already ;)
11:01 cait I know
11:01 cait not true for the other one
11:05 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:05 wahanui Congratulations!
11:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #12: FIXED in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_Deps/12/
11:05 inlibro joined #koha
11:06 tuxayo[m] joined #koha
11:06 cait hm
11:08 tuxayo joined #koha
11:14 ashimema[m] joined #koha
11:14 ashimema[m] OK.. the COP issue isn't handled by the unicode library either
11:14 cait COP issue?
11:15 kidclamp joined #koha
11:15 cait ah I see
11:16 cait i assume what the Goethe libraries reported to be correct as they are in the country
11:16 cait but t might be worth looking into each one.. maybe they have been local changes/history explaining changes missed
11:17 ashimema[m] I think we force the wrong formatting actualy
11:17 cait ?
11:17 ashimema[m] We always for 'FMT_SUMBOL' as our output..
11:18 ashimema[m] we should use 'FMT_COMMON' I think
11:18 ashimema[m] FMT_COMMON get's it right more often
11:18 cait in this case too?
11:18 ashimema[m] works for COP yup
11:18 ashimema[m] instead of a funny P is uses $
11:20 ashimema[m] so what did you send the author of the module?
11:20 cait it's been a while ago
11:21 cait i explained that Koha uses the module and we noticed issues as we support libraries in a lot of countries and listed what I had then
11:21 ashimema[m] any chance you could dig it out and copy it to me?
11:21 ashimema[m] I think koha uses the module wrong.. not the module is wrong
11:22 ashimema[m] for the cases you highlight in the bug report switching to 'FMT_COMMON' fixes all three
11:22 cait that would be helpful then
11:22 cait what about turkey?
11:22 ashimema[m] yup
11:22 ashimema[m] trukey too
11:22 cait the wrong symbols are one thing, but the wrong rounding is a different beast
11:23 cait i try to remember, but i tihnk it meant we ended with huge amounts in the overdues
11:23 ashimema[m] I'm struggling to find documentation on how it should be rounded
11:24 cait not at all
11:25 cait I can check the tickets on monday if that helps
11:25 cait but they wanted it to be the same as calculated in Koha
11:26 ashimema[m] it's listed as a 2 decimal currency
11:26 ashimema[m] no sure how you're expecting to display it without some sort of rounding to 2 decimals
11:26 cait yes that matches what we show in koha
11:27 cait the issue was it kind of removed the decimal if i remember correctly
11:27 cait like 50.00 turned into 5000
11:27 ashimema[m] I'm certainly not seeing that
11:28 ashimema[m] remember.. where , and . appear depends on locale as well as currency ?
11:28 cait I spent a day on it, i am sure there was something wrong
11:28 ashimema[m] wonder if they were set in the wrong locale
11:28 cait no they are not
11:28 ashimema[m] oh well..
11:28 cait and the locale doesn't matter
11:28 cait it only looks at the currency iso codes
11:29 cait i can try to check monday, but i really don't want to boot up the work computer, vpn and all on a holiday
11:31 ashimema[m] okies
11:31 cait the issue was it was displaying a wrong amount
11:33 caroline joined #koha
12:00 oleonard cait, I think your comment about the noreply & replyto email issue with Bug 13388 means I should remove display of the email altogether
12:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13388 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Add library pages to the OPAC
12:00 oleonard If libraries really want to show it they can add it to opac_info
12:01 cait i tihnk it might be the easiest to move this in now
12:01 cait sorry for making things complicated
12:02 oleonard Not at all, that was important
12:05 inlibro joined #koha
12:05 oleonard Personally I think the email-crawling/spam issue was less of an issue... In my opinion we're past the point where obfuscating an email address will prevent spam.
12:06 cait possibl
12:06 cait y
12:06 cait but if we put it there by default with no way to remove we still might meet some resistance
12:06 cait some libraries/institutions have rules about that kind of hting
12:06 oleonard AGreed
12:08 killer_bee[m] joined #koha
12:08 mtj[m] joined #koha
12:08 black23[m] joined #koha
12:08 aaru_swartz[m] joined #koha
12:08 urra[m] joined #koha
12:08 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
12:08 iGNUjee[m] joined #koha
12:08 ValterBarreira[m] joined #koha
12:09 tuxayo oleonard: «Personally I think the email-crawling/spam issue was less of an issue»
12:09 tuxayo I don't have much actual experience so as long as this risk has been though of, it's fine.
12:09 tuxayo hi #koha o/
12:09 oleonard Hi tuxayo :)
12:10 oleonard My opinion is just a "gut feeling"
12:11 tuxayo Also mine but my guts haven't seems much related to spam. Especially in an institution.
12:11 cait our emails are all on bugzilla
12:12 cait i haven't noticed 'being spammend to death' yet :)
12:12 cait but as i said, sometimes they have rules for the website etc that are also expected for the catalog
12:12 cait so it might be safer to allow entering it in another field like opac info
12:12 tuxayo > I should remove display of the email altogether
12:12 tuxayo +1 unless there is some really easy way to replace at least the @ with some fancy yet simple for humans stuff.
12:12 oleonard Follow-up sent. Thanks both of you for testing
12:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:15 tuxayo > we're past the point where obfuscating an email address will prevent spam.
12:15 tuxayo It's possible that many crawlers are quite smart indeed :-/ My hope is that most do naive stuff because it still works well.
12:15 tuxayo But that's a hope
12:17 tuxayo oleonard: thanks for the follow up
12:17 tuxayo > the email address configured for a library may not be the email
12:17 tuxayo address libraries want to use as a contact email address
12:18 tuxayo That was a more relevant issue. Some libraries might not want to be emailed directly. (I guess)
12:19 tuxayo cait:
12:19 tuxayo > our emails are all on bugzilla
12:20 tuxayo > i haven't noticed 'being spammend to death' yet :)
12:20 tuxayo One needs to be logged to see it.
12:20 tuxayo *One needs to be logged to see it.
12:20 tuxayo But it's in git, your point is valid
12:46 tuxayo @later tell josef_moravec bug 24043 in master, yay! :D
12:46 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
12:57 tuxayo thanks cait for clearing the doubts about whether to SO bug 24772
12:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24772 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Deactivating Course Reserves reverts Item's Shelving Location, then deleting the same course reverts/empties Course Reserve Values
13:01 cait i am trying :)
13:05 tuxayo That was enough for me :) I was hesitating and not far from the limit of whether to sign off or not.
13:05 inlibro joined #koha
13:07 tuxayo Does anyone know something relevant to sign off on this feature freeze day?
13:09 cait did you see the keywords we use?
13:10 cait ground rule... all the bugs
13:10 cait RM_priority and rel_20_05
13:10 cait bugs (like in not enh)
13:10 cait rel_20_05_candidate it is
13:13 cait 10910 maybe
13:13 cait 17355
13:13 cait ah, there are just too many
13:14 * ashimema[m] should clean up that list again
13:14 ashimema[m] it's been at least a few days since I looked at it.
13:16 * cait has to keep an eye on her pasta
13:34 bdonnahue2 joined #koha
13:38 tuxayo cait: I monitor rel_20_05 but not RM_priority thanks for the pointer
13:39 cait yw :)
13:59 lukeG joined #koha
14:02 cait perfect holiday... watching cooking shows and bugs being resolved
14:02 lukeG1 joined #koha
14:03 tuxayo bug cooking! :D
14:06 inlibro joined #koha
14:12 caroline joined #koha
14:34 andreashm joined #koha
14:41 sophie_m joined #koha
14:42 margaret joined #koha
14:46 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24772: Don't revert course item fields when deleting a course item unless it... <[…]3128ec147138cfa49>
14:46 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25127: Use Koha::Number::Price->round for comparison <[…]53858b2df9ef3f2a3>
14:46 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25127: Correction to tests <[…]d66acd53c7f16856c>
14:46 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25127: Unit tests <[…]fc904fe2107149d2a>
14:46 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25119: Fix account type and description for individual writeoffs/payments <[…]282f9f8c136feb567>
14:50 ashimema[m] Joubu around?
14:50 ashimema[m] or anyone else who understand the translation process?
14:52 * oleonard ponders whether anyone can REALLY understand the translation process
14:52 cait oleonard: i wonder about the new navigation
14:52 cait should we make it "Library" if there is only one?
14:53 cait ashimema[m]: understaind it partially i guess?
14:53 ashimema[m] +1
14:54 ashimema[m] I've got a report that the account.pref file is untranslatable..
14:54 cait hm interesting
14:54 ashimema[m] but in my understanding it works the same as the others
14:54 cait it's new - where have they checked?
14:54 ashimema[m] so I'm wondering what I've missed.
14:54 ashimema[m] I've emailed bernardo to beg for help ;)
14:56 cait it looks like is handling these
14:56 ashimema[m] indeed
14:56 ashimema[m] haha..
14:56 tuxayo cait: So much mid-air collisions on bug 23185!
14:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23185 major, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Koha::Objects supports passing through 'update' which means we can side step 'set' + 'store'
14:56 ashimema[m] I see the problem
14:56 tuxayo This time ashimema pushed to master before cait could fix the patch with the updated test plan and their sign off.
14:56 ashimema[m] the thing they're compaining about nto being able to traslate isn't in mster!
14:56 cait yep
14:56 tuxayo So you got denied your sign off twice in a row :P
14:57 * cait blames ashimema[m]
14:57 cait twice even?
14:57 cait ashimema[m]: that would devinitely explain it
14:57 * cait closes the file
14:58 tuxayo cait: «twice even?»
14:58 tuxayo First was Hannah's signoff
14:58 cait you said twice in a row
14:58 cait i am aware of Hannah
14:58 cait but what was the other?
15:00 ashimema[m] what have I done?
15:00 oleonard cait: I had the same thought about single libraries but I wasn't sure how to resolve it efficiently
15:01 tuxayo Ho wait mid air collisions were on bug 24772, I got confused
15:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24772 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to master , Deactivating course reserves before deleting the same course empties course reserve values in the items
15:01 ashimema[m] what did I do in bug 23185?
15:02 tuxayo ashimema: nothing on this one, I mixed up numbers
15:02 cait oleonard: we still got singlebranchmode as a variable
15:03 tuxayo cait: Martin pushed to master 15 sec after you reintroduced your signoff. So your signoff and amended test plan where there.
15:03 ashimema[m] dang..
15:04 cait no they were not - because he took some tim eot test before pushing
15:04 * cait has fun blaming ashimema[m] :P
15:04 tuxayo *where not there
15:05 ashimema[m] better ;P
15:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24772: Don't revert course item fields when deleting a course item unless it... <[…]6b362f7f4df604839>
15:06 inlibro joined #koha
15:07 tuxayo cait: in other words: the fix for the first signoff denial (due to mid air collision) didn't got included in master due to another mid air collision.
15:07 Marie-Luce joined #koha
15:07 tuxayo That's why I'm laughing and can't focus to type stuff that doesn't add more confusion (which is even funnier)
15:09 cait oleonard: i added a small follow-up - do you ant to have a look?
15:09 cait bug 13388 still
15:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13388 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Add library pages to the OPAC
15:09 oleonard Yes, after this koha-us meeting
15:09 cait of course
15:09 cait hope it goes well!
15:09 tuxayo ashimema: «NOTE: Empty commit simply to restore the updated test plan and QA signoff»
15:09 tuxayo Nice trick, I was wondering how to fix stuff that has been pushed to master.
15:10 ashimema[m] I use it to add in sponsors fairly often..
15:10 ashimema[m] if you take a near the end of the last cycle you'll see loads of them ;)
15:10 ashimema[m] they take up next to zero space but make the release notes look much nicer ;)
15:11 ashimema[m] `--allow-empty` is the magic incantation to get git to let you do it ;)
15:13 ashimema[m] oh cool.. so it bug 13388 good to go :)
15:13 ashimema[m] I'll wait
15:14 tuxayo > magic incantation to get git to let you do it
15:14 tuxayo hoooo :D
15:14 tuxayo *hoooo :D
15:15 ashimema[m] wow.. 55 candidates still.. I bet go take a look at some of those
15:17 tuxayo Only one passed QA but there are more than 25 signed off
15:18 ashimema[m] yeah.. impressed
15:18 ashimema[m] well done
15:18 tuxayo And half are enh
15:19 cait another pqa incoming
15:20 cait QA has side effects... every time I look at bugzilla buttons I think "wrong capitalization!"
15:21 ashimema[m] wow.. some of these were really lofty goals.. they just got translated from targets to candidates.. I missed a few when I did that transision a few weeks back
15:21 ashimema[m] Deprecate non-XSLT detail and result views
15:21 ashimema[m] hahaha.. like I was going to manage to get that one done in two cycles
15:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #845: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/845/
15:24 tuxayo cait++
15:24 tuxayo ashimema++
15:24 tuxayo For shoveling QAing and RMing :)
15:24 tuxayo Bugs are getting cooked!
15:24 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:24 wahanui Congratulations!
15:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #268: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/268/
15:24 cait Post your comments on this item.    < would someone oppose to change that?
15:24 cait item is misleading for translations
15:24 cait i wonder if we could make it title or record
15:25 ashimema[m] I'd say it depends..
15:25 cait it shows when you add a comment in the opac
15:25 ashimema[m] are you reporting things about the data or things about the physical manifestation
15:26 ashimema[m] I'd say 'title' or 'record' then..
15:26 cait i'd day mostly they'd talk about the content
15:26 ashimema[m] if it was 'This book has a page missing' then I'd stick to 'item'
15:26 cait but i could imagine someone commenting on the great binding? heh
15:26 ashimema[m] lol
15:26 cait but you are commenting on record level
15:26 cait so if there is 20 items
15:26 ashimema[m] we have 'report a problem' for that to some level now
15:26 cait you'd better tell at the circ desk
15:26 cait or use the checkout notes :)
15:26 cait no
15:27 cait that is the review feature
15:27 ashimema[m] certainly if you're commenting on title level it should nto be item :)
15:27 cait i am talking about
15:27 ashimema[m] go for it cait
15:27 cait so does title work?
15:27 cait or... work? or...
15:27 cait ?
15:27 ashimema[m] title works for me
15:28 cait I'll write up a bug
15:29 ashimema[m] I shuold really finish bug 23091 now that the circ rules stuff is in.. that was my blocker
15:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23091 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, ASSIGNED , Restore Forgiven Overdue Fines When Lost Item Returned
15:29 ashimema[m] but I don't know that I have the brain power to get back there before release
15:30 cait i feel you
15:30 cait brain power wise
15:32 ashimema[m] anyone looking to QA bug 14957?
15:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, eivin, Signed Off , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
15:32 ashimema[m] I know that one would make lots of people happy.. but it's pretty big
15:33 ashimema[m] I feel like I want a PITA tester to work through that one.. cait or kidclamp for example
15:33 ashimema[m] they're pretty good at catching the things I'd likely miss
15:33 cait I want it so much
15:34 cait but i didn't find hte brain power for it :(
15:34 cait maybe we should schedule it
15:34 ashimema[m] hmm.. it could still make it.
15:34 cait poke at it together simultanously
15:34 cait to cheer us on
15:34 cait oh so tempting
15:35 ashimema[m] I'd be willing to make an exception for that one if we have a decent plan to get it done
15:35 cait hmmm
15:35 ashimema[m] fancy poking it together next week then cait?
15:35 cait yeah
15:35 cait today is a little late now, but we coul dmaybe make it work some afternoon next week?
15:35 cait usually training in the mornings
15:35 ashimema[m] yeah.. next week works
15:36 ashimema[m] bank holiday friday.. early next week would work though
15:36 Oak joined #koha
15:37 oleonard Do we have a wiki page up for the next release team? Do we have any proposals?
15:38 ashimema[m] https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_20.11
15:39 cait ashimema[m]: hm check your updates
15:39 ashimema[m] fancy being RM oleanard?
15:39 oleonard Heck no
15:39 cait Use of uninitialized value $interface in concatenation (.) or string at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/C4/ line 122.
15:39 cait Use of uninitialized value $theme in concatenation (.) or string at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/C4/ line 122.
15:39 cait Inserting OpacMainUserBlock contents into en news item...
15:39 cait Inserting OpacMainUserBlock contents into de-DE news item...
15:39 cait Inserting OpacMainUserBlock contents into fr-FR news item... ?
15:40 oleonard ashimema[m]: oleopard have small brain
15:40 ashimema[m] hehe
15:40 ashimema[m] it's not THAT bad
15:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #293: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/293/
15:43 tuxayo oleonard2020!
15:43 tuxayo wait
15:43 tuxayo oleonard20.11
15:43 cait lol
15:44 tuxayo cait: that goes for you too :P
15:45 tuxayo «cait 20.11!»
15:46 ashimema[m] hehe
15:47 ashimema[m] hmm
15:47 ashimema[m] there might be a bug in that DB update actually cait
15:47 ashimema[m] it is very subtly different from the previous incarnation
15:47 ashimema[m] $langs vs $langs[0]
15:47 tuxayo ashimema: The stats show that you do a lot of SO. Or it's RM counted as SO?
15:48 ashimema[m] hard call tuxayo..
15:48 ashimema[m] I don't do much SO at the moment.. but I do do some..
15:49 ashimema[m] the stats do get skewed by being RM.. becaus the RM tests literally everything prior to release so every commit in this cycle will have a final SO line by me.
15:49 oleonard "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
15:49 ashimema[m] if you want to get a more 'real' idea of my stats you need to go back 12 months to when I was an RMaint..
15:50 ashimema[m] Joubu often does some stats at the end of each cycle.. those will be interesting to look at.
15:51 ashimema[m] anyone able to have a quick look at updatedatebase for me?
15:51 ashimema[m] in master..
15:51 ashimema[m] line 20914 vs line 21933ish
15:51 ashimema[m] I think the latter one is correct and the former one is wrong..
15:52 ashimema[m] but... I'm also not entirely sure now that I've understood how the news blocks work :(
15:53 cait I think the news block migration would be greatly helped by having an 'all languages' option in news
15:53 cait so we would just copy it with that option
15:53 cait and people can add their translations
15:53 cait or... if they alread yhave them like we do using css/js don't have to edit all the entries
15:53 cait things would just keep working as before
15:53 cait and much easier database updates
15:54 cait bug 24766
15:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24766 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Provide an option to show news blocks for all available languages
15:55 cait should maybe be "OPAC all"
15:55 ashimema[m] I wasn't aware of that.. I thought it did work that way
15:55 cait would also mean that if you have only the logo in the header, you don't need to copy that
15:55 cait i was too
15:55 * ashimema[m] has a play
15:55 cait until i started digging
15:56 cait hm there is All
15:56 cait but i tihnk that means staff and OPAC? checking
15:56 ashimema[m] yeah.. that's perhaps why I'm confused
15:56 ashimema[m] I thought 'All' was the 'undef' lang
15:56 cait eah and only news
15:56 cait there is no "this textblock - all"
15:56 ashimema[m] gah..
15:57 ashimema[m] remind me how to install a language
15:57 cait kshell
15:57 cait cd misc/translator
15:57 cait perl translate install de-DE
15:57 cait there is a way with package commands but I always forget how
15:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #211: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/211/
15:58 ashimema[m] thanks
15:58 ashimema[m] hmm
15:58 ashimema[m] do we need to finish off some polishing on the installer process?
15:59 cait hm?
15:59 ashimema[m] for me that throws errors becuase installer/data/mysql/fr-FR already exists
15:59 cait hm
15:59 cait kshell?
15:59 wahanui i guess kshell is my friend
15:59 cait it might be you can ignore it
15:59 cait but i thought we ot rid of that
15:59 cait testing now
16:00 ashimema[m] de-DE installer dir /home/martin/kohaclone/installer/data/mysql/de-DE already exists.
16:00 ashimema[m] Delete it if you want to recreate it.
16:00 ashimema[m] this is a git install ;)
16:00 cait i see what you mean de-DE installer dir /home/vagrant/kohaclone/installer/data/mysql/de-DE already exists.
16:00 cait Delete it if you want to recreate it.
16:01 ashimema[m] indeed
16:01 cait running with -v
16:01 cait it looks like it still does a lot of things
16:02 cait it#s the new messages file that is ot working
16:02 cait Install messages (de_DE)
16:02 cait de-DE installer dir /home/vagrant/kohaclone/installer/data/mysql/de-DE already exists.
16:02 cait Delete it if you want to recreate it.
16:02 ashimema[m] indeed
16:03 cait looking i can see a bug
16:04 ashimema[m] ok.. the News stuff doesn't work at all how I thought it did
16:04 * ashimema[m] was sure he tested this waaaay back
16:04 cait do you understand what i mean?
16:05 ashimema[m] sorry.. about News or about the db update.. or about installing translations
16:05 cait I think the way we do the transision is a bit too complex... and will require editing a lot of entries for things like the header
16:05 cait lol
16:05 ashimema[m] haha
16:05 cait i meant about having an 'all languages' entry for the news blocks
16:05 cait I am writing up a bug for the installer
16:06 ashimema[m] I thought you added a news entry (which was in the 'default' language.. then you could add translated versions of the same news if you wanted to
16:06 ashimema[m] so yeah.. i thought it did work the way you suggest cait
16:06 inlibro joined #koha
16:07 cait i thought that too, that's why i iled the bug after we already moved some
16:07 cait bug 25346
16:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25346 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Error when installing messages for a language already present in the installation
16:08 ashimema[m] ta
16:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1303: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1303/
16:16 ashimema[m] wow.. the code in here is really scary :(
16:17 cait yeah... i thought it probably is :(
16:17 cait there are patches to move it all to objects
16:17 cait maybe we should work on those first
16:17 ashimema[m] where?
16:17 * ashimema[m] wants to do it
16:17 cait sec
16:17 cait 22544
16:18 ashimema[m] ooh.. they're recent
16:18 ashimema[m] cool
16:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #846: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/846/
16:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #765: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/765/
17:00 oleonard It seems like Bug 24766 shouldn't be too hard to solve but initial approach focusing on the template was unsuccessful
17:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24766 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Provide an option to show news blocks for all available languages
17:01 * oleonard is also perplexed by the problems with Bug 11994
17:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11994 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Fix OpenSearch discovery in the OPAC
17:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #294: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/294/
17:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #269: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/269/
17:06 inlibro joined #koha
17:25 cait oleonard: not soure about the content-type lead...
17:25 cait the one i linked in the first comment looks the same as ours but works
17:26 cait apart from whitespace... an dpossible 'invisible' things
17:26 cait that's why I thought maybe it was the content-type
17:27 oleonard Feels like it's something about the domain resolution. In my system OPACBaseURL is and it works.
17:27 cait i have also firefox in Ubuntu... have to disappear for a bit now
17:27 cait hm i'll see if i can try that quickly
17:27 cait hm same error :(
17:28 oleonard ...and "localhost" works fine for me too :(
17:28 cait i compared with the swb one
17:28 cait compare
17:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1304: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1304/
17:31 cait joined #koha
17:33 cait joined #koha
17:35 cait oleonard: ok, my pidgin died twice trying to share a link with you :(
17:36 cait when i ocmpare ours (swb) to koha, koha is all read and looks like errors, but i think the browser tools just doesn't recognize it
17:36 cait but htere is a difference
18:06 inlibro joined #koha
18:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #126: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/126/
18:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #125: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/125/
18:35 tuxayo ashimema: thanks for the info about SO stats
18:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #120: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/120/
18:43 tuxayo oleonard: "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
18:43 tuxayo Now we could say «oleonardesque statement» when someone makes a clear and direct statement about not doing RM
18:44 tuxayo[…]anesque_statement
18:44 tuxayo *statement reset one each cycle
18:45 tuxayo 😉
18:47 oleonard I will happily refuse to be RM every six months for the foreseeable future
18:48 * oleonard reluctantly leaves to mow the lawn
18:49 tuxayo oleonard-away: good mowing!
18:51 tuxayo > I will happily refuse to be RM every six months for the foreseeable future
18:51 tuxayo That's cheating!
19:06 inlibro joined #koha
19:41 andreashm joined #koha
20:07 inlibro joined #koha
20:15 andreashm joined #koha
20:16 andreashm joined #koha
20:17 andreashm joined #koha
20:18 andreashm joined #koha
20:19 andreashm joined #koha
20:19 andreashm joined #koha
20:20 andreashm joined #koha
20:21 andreashm joined #koha
20:22 andreashm joined #koha
20:22 andreashm joined #koha
20:24 davidnind joined #koha
20:59 andreashm joined #koha
21:06 davidnind cait++
21:06 cait just too stubborn
21:07 inlibro joined #koha
21:07 davidnind yes, it is annoying when you know something should work but doesn't!
21:08 cait yep
21:08 cait it feels good to find the answer
21:09 davidnind (we've been talking about bug 11994 )
21:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11994 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Fix OpenSearch discovery in the OPAC
21:11 cait i am really glad too that this will work now
21:11 cait i think it's a cool little feature
21:12 davidnind I always liked OpenSearch, not sure why other browsers no longer support it though
21:12 cait oh did they stop supporting it completely?
21:16 davidnind I think so, but could be wrong... just from oleonard's comment in the original patch
21:16 oleonard I found references to Chrome having dropped support, but it wasn't very clear
21:16 oleonard It's the kind of thing Google would drop for low usage and too much openness.
21:19 cait hmpf
21:22 davidnind actually, it kind of works in still Chromium and Google Chrome - it works a bit differently, but you can set your default search engine to be the Koha catalog
21:22 cait that's good
21:30 lukeG1 oleonard: The "globally-available checkEnter function
21:30 lukeG1 " you speak of in bz25349 is implemented by javascript?
21:35 oleonard Yes, in staff-global.js
21:35 oleonard Sorry I left out the word JavaScript
21:35 oleonard It doesn't move the focus to the next field but it prevents the enter key from submitting the form
21:36 philor davidnind: not just default engine, it's just really obscure - visit and then while you're on any site, type enough of the URL in the addressbar to get autocomplete, then hit Tab, then type your search term
21:36 philor sorry, that's unclear, "type enough of the bugs.koha-community URL to get autocomplete"
21:38 philor so if your OPAC is at, cool, your patrons can just type catalo as long as they aren't two-timing you, but if your catalog is at, you're going to type a bit to get the proper autocomplete to hit tab on
21:38 davidnind thanks phillor, was just experimenting now, whay didn't I know about this before now!
21:39 davidnind oh cool, you can set a keyword for your "search engine" and then use that in the address bar, for example mycat, then it when you type mycat and then the space bar it changes to "Search Me" and then searches whatever words you put in on the site
21:44 philor "why doesn't Google Chrome do more to promote this feature that will let me search for things without searching for them through" :)
21:45 davidnind lol :)
21:46 oleonard Exactly
21:48 oleonard cait: Am I correct in thinking the only documentation we have for the JavaScript translation features is the bug report?
21:49 cait hmm i think julian wrote something up on the wiki, but not sure if that was for js
21:49 cait let me have a quick dig
21:50 cait hm wiki is not loading... only for me?
21:50 oleonard When I tried it earlier today it was really slow to respond
21:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #200: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/200/
21:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #198: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/198/
21:53 cait seems recovered now
21:54 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lkit_Plugins#I18N
21:54 cait wonderful documentation, but only seems to cover TT
21:55 cait i think that went in first
21:55 cait should we suggest a coding guideline there too?
21:56 kidclamp Cait++
21:56 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]bedded_JavaScript
21:56 cait i tihn it looks wrong
21:56 kidclamp cait++
21:56 cait it looks ike one underscore when ti should be too?
21:56 cait two
21:56 cait what did I do? win a typo prize? :)
21:57 kidclamp Macros!
21:57 cait and who is this Cait person???
21:57 kidclamp Heh
21:57 cait kidclamp: i will tell you a secret.. the convert icon doesn't show for me in Chromium
21:57 cait and can you check my 2 follow-ups?
21:58 oleonard It's correct here: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]linked_JavaScript
21:58 kidclamp Hmmm, will check
21:58 cait should these be.. merged?
21:59 cait oh
21:59 cait one is embedded javascript and the other is javascript files
21:59 cait so we still use _ for embedded then?
21:59 * oleonard doesn't know
22:00 cait hm
22:00 cait kidclamp: you can also take a look at some of my patches... if you want, they are nice and easy *advertises*
22:02 oleonard kidclamp: Mine are super-sexy and will give you perfect skin and lustrous hair
22:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #193: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/193/
22:02 cait oleonard: I tihnk this round goes to you :)
22:03 cait now i will just have to qa all of yours so he has no choice...
22:03 cait second time today i catch Joubu with a missing filter
22:03 cait lol
22:05 cait just he never misses those :) so it amuses me
22:07 inlibro joined #koha
22:08 * kidclamp will try, been underwater with es
22:10 cait ah yes, saw new patches
22:10 cait can someone help me out with the line for strict sql in koha-conf?
22:11 cait it seems when i reset my kohadevbox it got lost
22:15 oleonard cait: Do you mean the line is missing?
22:15 oleonard <strict_sql_modes>1</strict_sql_modes>
22:21 cait yes!
22:21 cait thank you
22:21 cait couldn't spot that on the wiki either
22:21 cait that goes in <config> right?
22:22 oleonard Yes
22:22 cait thx
22:22 cait shows i almost never destry my  box anymore :)
22:24 cait oleonard++
22:26 oleonard cait: Still haven't made the docker switch, eh?
22:27 cait i guess i am slow with such things
22:27 cait even after my recent ubuntu update all it needed was a new vagrant
22:28 oleonard I would probably still be on kohadevbox if it hadn't suddenly broken for me
22:28 cait i think that's what it will need fo rme to switch
22:28 cait but your situation with windows was always more difficult i think
22:44 oleonard See y'all later
23:07 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary