IRC log for #koha, 2020-02-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 inlibro joined #koha
00:35 Margaret Have a good night koha!
01:02 inlibro joined #koha
01:34 logbot joined #koha
01:34 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
01:41 iGNUjee[m] joined #koha
02:02 inlibro joined #koha
03:02 inlibro joined #koha
03:49 twb joined #koha
03:49 twb I'm just a dumb dev and not a library scientist - can someone tell me what a "Library Development Officer" does?
03:50 twb[…]ising#cite_note-3  sounds like they buy stuff that isn't actual books, but e.g. fixing the leaky roof
03:51 twb Oh it seems "development" is just a euphemism for "fundraising", so really it's just the person who runs the fundraising campaign
04:02 inlibro joined #koha
05:03 inlibro joined #koha
05:41 irma_ joined #koha
06:03 inlibro joined #koha
06:08 chriss joined #koha
06:55 davidnind joined #koha
07:03 inlibro joined #koha
07:45 * magnuse waves
07:45 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 magnuse bonjour reiveune
07:45 reiveune hello
07:48 sophie_m joined #koha
07:49 ere good morning!
07:49 andreashm joined #koha
07:56 did joined #koha
07:58 ashimema[m] koha++ you guys were busy yesterday
07:58 ashimema[m] can't remember the last time I came in to find nearly 60 bugs in my 'to push' queue!
08:03 inlibro joined #koha
08:05 alex_a joined #koha
08:07 davidnind ashimeme[m]: that's pretty massive!
08:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #694: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/694/
08:14 ashimema[m] pretty great
08:15 ashimema[m] it'll be a nice busy morning
08:15 ere ashimema[m]++
08:16 davidnind ashimema[m]++
08:17 ashimema[m] mtj around?
08:19 cait joined #koha
08:20 mtj hi ashimema[m], whats up?
08:20 ashimema[m] wanted your thoughts on the current failure for jessie..
08:20 ashimema[m] it's the cpanfile bug..
08:21 ashimema[m] CPAN::Meta needs a newer version than Jessie has (my bad.. i thought I had checked that)
08:21 ashimema[m] but.. as we're going to deprecate support for Jessie with the 20.05 release I'm not sure it's worth the effort?
08:22 cait good morning all
08:24 ashimema[m] but also.. I wondered how much you understood the Dockerfile stuff... I tried to fix the issue at that level just to get the tests happy (as much as I don't think we need it supported widely.. it would be good to have tests passing generally so other bugs that may need backporting are clearly tested)
08:24 ashimema[m] I added CPAN::Meta into the installed by cpan section in the jessie dockerfile.. but it doesn't appear to have stuck
08:24 ashimema[m] morning cait
08:27 mtj hey folks
08:28 mtj ashimema[m]: hmm, i guess jessie's older version is incompatible with koha's metacpan file...
08:29 mtj we could try to build the file jessie's version
08:29 ashimema[m] just trying something.. lets see if that builds
08:30 ashimema[m] it's not the cpanfile that's incompatible.. it's that we use a function only available to us in the more recent version of the module that reads it..
08:31 davidnind hi cait!
08:31 ashimema[m] I've just spotted that i was only installing one of the two dependancies.. looks like I missed one.. just trying that in the Dockerfile.. hopefully that'll get us out of trouble.
08:31 cait hi davidnind :)
08:31 * cait sends some extra dark chocolate
08:31 cait you are a sign-off hereo
08:31 mtj aah click... is is possible to rewrite the patch to work on jessies  libcpan-meta-perl (2.142690-1) ?
08:32 ashimema[m] possibly.. I'll look into that next..
08:32 ashimema[m] I don't think it's desperately important at this point to be honest.. it's not a bug I expect to be backported and I've made that clear in the bug comments ;)
08:32 ashimema[m] so.. i don't think we need to worry too hard about Jessie support
08:33 davidnind cait: I think I got a bit carried away :) (sorry about filling up the QA queue!)
08:33 ashimema[m] in about half an hour we should know if the dockerfile change has fixed the issue.
08:33 cait that's realyl nothing you could apologize for!
08:33 ashimema[m] you guys are awesome.. so nice to see things flowing :)
08:34 * ashimema[m] pokes cait again regarding change calculation improvements..
08:35 cait it's scary
08:35 davidnind cait: chocolate Kiwis are available again (
08:35 cait the cutest
08:36 ashimema[m] Andrew did a good job in testing it for SO..
08:36 mtj bb 30..
08:37 ashimema[m] and the patch is live at most of our sites now and they are very happy with it
08:37 ashimema[m] it's not a big patch even
08:37 cait ashimema[m]: the whole accounts tree is scaring me tbh, because i haven't had the time to check how things click together
08:38 cait I'll get to it... give me a little time to come to grips - started on the low bug numbers instead
08:38 ashimema[m] I can happily walk you through the other bugs..
08:38 ashimema[m] but I don't think you need to know any of those for this one..
08:38 ashimema[m] you asked for this one..
08:39 andreashm joined #koha
08:49 paxed is there a way to prevent a branch from showing up in HEA stats?
08:54 cait i know
08:56 paxed ah hah
08:57 davidnind paxed: having a quick look at the system preferences and documentation it doesn't look like you can
08:58 cait sorry paxed, replying to ashimema[m]
08:58 paxed i was wondering why a consortium wouldn't show up in hea... for the geolocation, apparently a space after the comma prevents it from showing up?
09:03 inlibro joined #koha
09:10 ashimema[m] Sounds like a bug... But could also be a nice feature
09:11 mtj ^..indeed, or a !bang prefix to exclude
09:11 paxed where do i edit branches.geolocation in the staff UI?
09:12 ashimema[m] . . .
09:12 mtj ashimema[m]: i did manage to get a parellel build for 'koha-testing-docker' going...
09:12 mtj[…]enkinsfile-ub-par
09:13 ashimema[m] oh really..
09:13 ashimema[m] that's cool
09:14 ashimema[m] koha-testing-docker now built.. lets see if the run I just fired for D8 is successful  now :)
09:14 ashimema[m] brb.. kids club runs
09:17 ashimema[m] if anyone fancies picking off a simple QA in the next half hour whilst I'm out, that'll round out my queue to exactly 60 ;P
09:21 magnuse paxed: i was wondering the same recently, didn't actually figure it out...
09:25 magnuse paxed: <intranet>/cgi-bin/koha/admin/
09:26 paxed magnuse: huh
09:27 paxed that page really should be linked from somewhere obvious, like from the UsageStatsGeolocation syspref description.
09:33 magnuse that would probably not hurt...
09:38 vfernandes joined #koha
09:50 ere I just posted bug 24680 with a couple of small but useful fixes to holds modification endpoints in the REST API
09:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24680 minor, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , Hold modification endpoints don't always work properly
09:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #695: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/695/
10:03 inlibro joined #koha
10:06 paxed ohh. so if you set the branch address country, it get used as the country for HEA. and it's not i18n, of course.
10:08 andreashm joined #koha
10:15 paxed filed bug 24681
10:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24681 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Branch address country is used for HEA as-is
10:39 davidnind left #koha
10:40 paxed Joubu: bug 24682
10:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24682 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Clarify UsageStatsGeolocation syspref description and behaviour
10:42 Joubu thx
10:46 magnuse paxed++
11:04 inlibro joined #koha
11:06 did joined #koha
11:29 did joined #koha
11:29 andreashm joined #koha
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21633: DBRev <[…]b3a79cb87ba4bda73>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24666: (QA follow-up) Add missing filters <[…]d8150843ed448b1fe>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24666: Display not registered guarantors on the patron detail page <[…]c4e6511a814d8a370>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24669: Show "Unlimited" values correctly in <[…]450fd1906d4fffaec>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24669: Improve numeric input handling in <[…]edeeb1cb9ce858d9a>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19791: Keep user in circ when viewing patron's logs <[…]ce0cb18370d9e547e>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24494: Make the regex more exact <[…]c31f9a865b183b75b>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24094: Strip trailing spaces and punctuation from authority headings <[…]23ff418b2855f8f49>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24094: Unit tests <[…]679c453262302d17e>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24494: tests: 00-valid-xml.t shouldn't check node_modules <[…]1002bb20e06127751>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21633: (follow-up) Cleanup other values for finesMode <[…]0ad9500d82f52afd2>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17221: Remove orphan commas in shelf browser <[…]edb8da2e68aab3c4e>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17221: (follow-up) Orphan comma in shelf browser <[…]2d2fd07a218fdcb32>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21633: Remove finesMode 'test' <[…]99ac43058d6ad7b1e>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21944: Improve efficiency of code <[…]9efc83373c8d2f50b>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 5016: Fix some translation issues with English PDF order templates <[…]f082ef22822864e4d>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24051: Remove "search( %condition ) is deprecated" warning from <[…]3830de3084a39a30e>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22245: Allow copy/move from and to control fields <[…]7c341563ef1e97289>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21944: Test for <[…]3a68ddce7395d7035>
11:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21944: Reroute waiting hold from wrong branch <[…]f495d67ee71d890d1>
11:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #133: FAILURE in 7 min 5 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/133/
11:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #696: FAILURE in 7 min 45 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/696/
11:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #619: FAILURE in 6 min 18 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/619/
11:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1148: FAILURE in 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1148/
11:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #158: FAILURE in 11 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/158/
11:57 cait oh dashboard is quite red (hope it wasn't me)
12:00 * ashimema[m] is investigating
12:03 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24367: (RM follow-up) Syntax error correction <[…]7618d80e57c16b698>
12:04 inlibro joined #koha
12:19 oleonard joined #koha
12:20 oleonard Hi #koha
12:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1149: NOW UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1149/
12:41 khall joined #koha
12:46 khall joined #koha
12:51 khall joined #koha
12:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #620: NOW UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/620/
12:58 * kidclamp waves
12:58 oleonard Hi kidclamp
13:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #159: NOW UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/159/
13:04 * andreashm waves
13:04 inlibro joined #koha
13:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #697: NOW UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/697/
13:15 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:22 oleonard My drawing board has been gone back to too many times already today
13:28 ere joined #koha
13:36 khall joined #koha
13:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:55 ashimema[m] Joubu around?
13:57 Joubu yes
13:57 ashimema[m] just trying to work out why that last selenium test is failing
13:57 ashimema[m] so I booted a testing docker and manually ran through the steps the test emulates..
13:58 ashimema[m] I can't replicate the issue.. but the test is certainly failing..
13:58 ashimema[m] consider this a beg for help.. any pointers?
13:59 Joubu will have a look
13:59 ashimema[m] dang.. I totally forgot there was a meeting in a minute :(
13:59 vfernandes joined #koha
14:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #134: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/134/
14:02 ashimema[m] #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020
14:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb 19 14:02:48 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema[m]. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_19_february_2020'
14:02 Joubu ashimema[m]: follow-up attached to bug 24669
14:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24669 major, P5 - low, ---, joonas.kylmala, Pushed to master , Editing circulation rule breaks holds when total holds unlimited
14:03 ashimema[m] #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_19_February_2020 Agenda
14:03 ashimema[m] #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:03 ashimema[m] please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 ashimema[m] #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:04 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:04 ere #info Ere Maijala, The National Library of Finland
14:04 inlibro joined #koha
14:05 ashimema[m] #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:06 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
14:06 ashimema[m] #info We're nearly half way through the cycle now and I intend to slow down on adventurous pushing in around 3 weeks time to give us time to concentrate on bugfixes and polishing.
14:07 ashimema[m] #info Lots of people signed up to the Marseille hackfest.. still more space if your interested.. It's going to be another great event.
14:07 ashimema[m] anyone else have anything they would like to announce?
14:08 Joubu nope :)
14:09 ashimema[m] #topic Update from the Release manager
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:09 ashimema[m] #info 20.05 is coming along nicely, lots of new features and enhancements pushed so far this cycle.
14:09 ashimema[m] #topic GBSD Review
14:09 Topic for #koha is now GBSD Review (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:11 oleonard GBSD was a success because one of my bugs got signed off.
14:11 ashimema[m] #info The Global Bug Squashing Day was a success with lots of bugs changing status and ByWater hosting an excellent live youtube stream.  Thanks to all those who got involved and I look forward to seeing even more of you at the next one.
14:12 cait oh oops
14:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:12 ashimema[m] #info The bug squashing hasn't stopped since the GBSD however, lots of continued effort.. I was met with a queue of 60 bugs to push this morning after only 1 day out.. thanks everyone!
14:13 ashimema[m] Do we think it was worthwhile as a group and should we schedule another.. I don't want to over do it.. but seems to be a great way of buiding up a bit of momentum now and then..
14:14 ashimema[m] anywho.. one to ponder :)
14:14 cait there was some discussion about having a quarterly event on the youtube channel
14:14 oleonard I liked GBSD :)
14:14 cait btw, grat effort from Bywater++
14:14 oleonard Yeah the livestream was fun
14:14 ashimema[m] ooh.. I missed that.. quarterly went through my head too
14:15 ashimema[m] does the Friday work well.. or should we mix days up a bit?
14:15 cait pros and cons to both
14:15 cait i think a lot of the copanies already do some kind of community friday
14:15 cait so that might work best for some
14:16 oleonard It might be nice to really make sure we have buy-in from the folks we want to be there on whatever day it is
14:16 * andreashm was sad to miss GBSD
14:16 ashimema[m] that is indeed why I suggested a Friday this time around..
14:16 ashimema[m] So.. that was Feb.. shall we suggest another for early May perhaps.. a final bug cleaning/polishing before release?
14:17 ashimema[m] Feb, May, Aug, Nov could work as a quarterly cycle
14:17 cait beginning of nov?
14:17 cait then it could work
14:18 cait otherwise i'd suggest to move one month earlier
14:18 cait april, july, october
14:18 cait hm
14:18 cait I thnk evergreen does soemthign called a 'feedbackfest'
14:18 ashimema[m] yeah.. so early May and early Nov would be 'bugfix/polishing' themed.. and Feb and Aug more 'new stuff' themed
14:18 cait close to release
14:18 cait yep that makes sense
14:18 cait coudl focus on testing and shaking out bugs
14:19 cait might also open it up to some more people if we phrase it that way
14:19 ashimema[m] totally
14:19 ashimema[m] ok.. I'll action myself to work out some dates to suggest and put it out there
14:20 ashimema[m] #action Ashimema to propose the next GBSD as a 'polishing and bugfixing' themed day early May ready for release.
14:20 ashimema[m] ok.. moving on then
14:20 Joubu I personally think that it would be more interesting if they are scheduled in the middle of the release
14:20 ashimema[m] #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:20 ashimema[m] rmaints?
14:20 Joubu to focus on big stuffs instead
14:21 ashimema[m] the 'Feb' and 'Aug' dates are more mid release and idea for that are they not Joubu?
14:21 ashimema[m] if we're thinking quarterly that gives us four slots as such
14:22 ashimema[m] ok.. no rmaints
14:22 ashimema[m] #info The next maintanence releases are on their way and we are currently in string freeze.
14:22 Joubu yep, sorry, was reading back without everything!
14:22 ashimema[m] haha.. no worries Joubu
14:23 ashimema[m] #topic Updates from the QA team
14:23 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:23 ashimema[m] cait
14:23 cait oh sorry
14:23 * cait blames andreashm
14:23 andreashm oh.... =)
14:24 cait #info Queues have been unusually full up to 140 lately, we have been pushing the numbers down a bit, but quite a lot of great stuff in there
14:24 cait so call to the QA team!
14:24 ashimema[m] lol
14:24 cait reminder: please set assignee when you start workingon a bug
14:24 cait #info Reminders: Set Assignee on your bugs, include a good commit message and test plan!
14:25 cait I recently noticed some people seem to use git bz attach to write up notes - but they don't go into the patches, only bugzilla, so keep an eye out for those
14:25 cait Joubu: ?
14:25 Joubu nothing special
14:26 ashimema[m] ok.. shall we move on then
14:26 Joubu I need a PQA stamp on bug 23463
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23463 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move C4::Items CRUD subroutines to Koha::Item
14:26 Joubu nothing else :)
14:26 ashimema[m] #topic General development discussion
14:26 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:26 Joubu (bribe offered)
14:26 * ashimema[m] wishes there was a subtopic in the meet program ;)
14:26 ashimema[m] #info Deprecate/remove QueryParser
14:27 * oleonard leaves for irl meeting
14:27 ashimema[m] I'm hopeing people had a chance to think about this the past couple of weeks
14:27 ashimema[m] are we corate enough for a vote.. and is anyone able to volunteer to take a look at doing the work?
14:28 * ashimema[m] generally things anything that cleans up Search is a good thing at the moment..
14:28 Joubu I can write it, if there are commitments on SO and QA
14:28 cait I can try to do a review
14:28 ashimema[m] I can commit to testing but would like someone familiar with search to help review..
14:28 cait but as this will be quite difficult... maybe more a sign-off than qa
14:29 ashimema[m] kidclamp, ere, dcook ?
14:29 ere I'd be happy to test
14:30 ashimema[m] but yeah.. are we basically in agreement it should go to start with..
14:30 cait i think so
14:30 cait it's bad to lose work... but as it stands now noone is maintaining it, git doesn't forget and turning it on is a bad idea
14:30 ashimema[m] Shall I 'vote' it or just set as 'agreed'
14:31 kidclamp +1
14:31 cait how formal do you feel today?
14:31 Joubu We should send an email to the ML
14:31 ashimema[m] #startvote Should we deprecate QueryParser? Yes, No
14:31 huginn Begin voting on: Should we deprecate QueryParser? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
14:31 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:31 Joubu #vote yes
14:31 ashimema[m] #vote Yes
14:31 cait #vote Yes
14:32 andreashm #vote yes
14:32 kidclamp #vote Yes
14:32 ashimema[m] #endvote
14:32 huginn Voted on "Should we deprecate QueryParser?" Results are
14:32 huginn Yes (5): Joubu, ashimema[m], cait, andreashm, kidclamp
14:33 ashimema[m] I tihnk we're safe as HEA suggests it's barely used and we as devs all know it's really not in a state that one should be using it..
14:33 ashimema[m] I'll send something on the lists announcing the decision.
14:33 ashimema[m] #action Ashimema to send mail to the mailing list announcing deprecation of QuaryParser.
14:33 ashimema[m] next
14:33 ashimema[m] #info ILL Request API Endpoint discussion and vote
14:34 ashimema[m] is josef around?
14:34 cait do we have a link for the lazy?
14:35 ashimema[m] #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ests_endpoint_RFC ILL RFC
14:35 ashimema[m] AndrewIsh tells me the RFC doesn't reflect what's already available in the endpoint..
14:35 ashimema[m] but he's out this afternoon so can't comment
14:35 cait so maybe update first?
14:36 cait i'd also like to request another update
14:36 ashimema[m] agreed
14:36 cait /return_claims
14:36 cait what is on the wiki is not waht is in Koha - and I think it needs a bit more work to fit in terminology
14:36 ashimema[m] at least `metadata`, `library` and `patron` are missing.. and the endpoint already includes embed options
14:37 ashimema[m] #action The RFC needs an update to reflect what is currently available already
14:37 ashimema[m] ok.. I tihnk we can move on then
14:38 ashimema[m] #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:38 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:38 ashimema[m] I don't believe we have anything to review this week
14:38 ashimema[m] speak up if anyone thinks we do?
14:39 cait nothing from me
14:39 ashimema[m] #topic Set time of next meeting
14:39 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 February 2020)
14:39 ashimema[m] 4th March would fit the usual patturn
14:40 ashimema[m] Proposal: 4 March 2020, 14 UTC
14:40 ashimema[m] #info Next meeting: 4 March 2020, 14 UTC
14:40 ashimema[m] okies..
14:41 ashimema[m] thanks everyone
14:41 ashimema[m] #endmeeting
14:41 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:41 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb 19 14:41:07 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:41 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-19-14.02.html
14:41 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-02-19-14.02.txt
14:41 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]19-14.02.log.html
14:47 wizzyrea hi
14:47 andreashm hey wizzyrea
14:49 ashimema[m] hello
14:49 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24669: Fix selenium test <[…]7d746a262691ceaaf>
14:49 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24269: Adjust C4::Heading to generate headings from auth tags <[…]8bc5f46489999a7af>
15:02 cait kidclamp: around?
15:02 kidclamp yes
15:02 cait can I get you to qa bug 11299?
15:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11299 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bouzid.fergani, Signed Off , Add a button to automatically link authority records in cataloguing (AJAX)
15:03 kidclamp I can look at that
15:03 cait when checking yesterday i noticed mine was the first sign-off
15:03 cait and i think you might have libraries interested in that (or i hope)
15:03 * ashimema[m] crosses fingers for a green sweep any minute
15:04 inlibro joined #koha
15:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1150: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1150/
15:28 andreash_ joined #koha
15:29 andreash_ joined #koha
15:29 andreash_ joined #koha
15:30 andreash_ joined #koha
15:31 andreash_ joined #koha
15:32 andreash_ joined #koha
15:32 kohaputti did we have some rule about not introducing new subs under C4?
15:32 kohaputti I cannot find it in the wiki
15:32 andreash_ joined #koha
15:33 kohaputti or is it for just introducing new C4 modules?
15:33 andreash_ joined #koha
15:37 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #621: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/621/
15:38 andreashm joined #koha
15:40 did joined #koha
15:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #160: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/160/
15:48 andreashm joined #koha
15:49 cait whoohoo
15:49 cait kohaputti: i think there is soemthing in coding guidelines
15:49 kohaputti couldn't fine there either
15:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #698: FIXED in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/698/
15:51 cait hm let me check
15:52 cait PERL9: Subroutine naming conventions   at least says 'outdated'
15:52 ashimema[m] not sure about rules.. but in general I discourage it unless it clearly clarifies code already in C4 and basically helps the effort to move things to Koha:: eventually..
15:52 cait ah we got: DEPR3: C4 deprecated for new modules
15:52 ashimema[m] certainly entirely new stuff should go into Koha:: and follow the practices there..
15:53 ashimema[m] also.. if they are adding to C4.. it certainly needs to follow the testing requirements that Koha:: adheres too.. fully tested methods
15:54 cait I think it's up to us to refuse big additions on C4
15:54 cait especially if they acutally shoudl be their own module
15:54 ashimema[m] yup
15:55 ashimema[m] grr.. why is D9 still not happy :(
15:55 cait btw... was it me?
16:04 oleonard-away joined #koha
16:04 inlibro joined #koha
16:07 reiveune bye
16:07 reiveune left #koha
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: DBRev <[…]ea9c60570b509e185>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24103: DBRev <[…]b3dfd33fa484f2172>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24363: Compiled CSS <[…]2bd54e621842e964b>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18433: Display the number of selected items <[…]7069e2d8785dd6d87>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18433: Add missing filter <[…]318bc7bbcaa8cd8a4>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: (QA follow-up) Make table headings match other pages <[…]69d0812432964d9d1>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 6508: (follow-up) Remove dependency on jquery for check in templates <[…]409b6961e7c5e82bf>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24103: (follow-up) Dump query on opac authorities search <[…]8b6dd15e500aa1724>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24363: Move the datepicker icon out of the input <[…]5e2b26cb01d1bf336>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 6508: (follow-up) Change layout of price and hide tab if no fines <[…]51360d13a8f19ce8a>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24648: Contextualization of past tense 'Created' <[…]352970bfcb7d814f4>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18433: Remember item search results selected rows in session storage <[…]0e0587c922a74bddc>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24103: Add option to dump search query to templates <[…]fe566bd47596dcdef>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23593: Link to the bibliographic record from the suggestion (OPAC) <[…]394a8d7074af23e9a>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 6508: Add balance to `Fines & Charges` tab <[…]65e50dd522800e049>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: (follow-up) Add html filter to new input field <[…]769de61d596027a3d>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: Add support for custom PQF attributes for Z39.50 server searches. <[…]b833ab88350464d33>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: Modify Z3950server schema file <[…]98195d713414b15c9>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 11297: Add atomicupdate patch and modify kohastructure.sql <[…]4f48eb16e1ec44e2e>
16:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18433: Allow to select results to export in item search <[…]07ac8fdd055cb6eb2>
16:22 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:24 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #135: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/135/
16:38 ashimema[m] @later tell rangi could you ask aliesha to test bug 24474 please
16:38 huginn ashimema[m]: The operation succeeded.
16:45 cait bug 24474
16:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24474 critical, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Lost items that are checked out are always returned, even when attempting to renew them
16:46 cait ashimema[m]: aleisha is on IRC uusually - maybe ask her directly :)
16:46 ashimema[m] couldn't find her irc name
16:47 cait
16:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1151: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1151/
16:53 oleonard The long saga of Bugs 24181 and 24363 could have been avoided if we'd just reverted bug 23956
16:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23956 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to oldstable , Replace famfamfam calendar icon in staff client with CSS data-url
17:05 inlibro joined #koha
17:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #622: UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/622/
17:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24103: (RM follow-up) Correction to updatedatabase text <[…]2650aeebd6a7daa91>
17:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #161: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/161/
17:16 andreashm joined #koha
17:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #699: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/699/
17:37 cait kidclamp++ thx!
17:54 deb-CSPL joined #koha
17:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #623: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/623/
18:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1152: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1152/
18:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #136: UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/136/
18:05 inlibro joined #koha
18:26 aleisha joined #koha
18:30 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #162: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/162/
18:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #700: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/700/
18:39 lukeG joined #koha
18:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #137: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/137/
19:05 inlibro joined #koha
19:08 ashimema[m] Bug 24181
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24181 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Make our datepicker inputs sexy
19:09 ashimema[m] Bug 24363
19:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24363 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Datepicker calendar is not always sexy
19:18 kathryn joined #koha
19:46 irma_ joined #koha
20:05 inlibro joined #koha
20:28 hayley joined #koha
20:37 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:50 lukeG joined #koha
20:53 andreashm joined #koha
20:58 tosca joined #koha
21:05 cait joined #koha
21:05 inlibro joined #koha
21:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #255: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/255/
21:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #254: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/254/
21:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #244: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/244/
21:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1153: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1153/
21:59 cait ppsst devs.... please run the QA test tools on your patches
22:05 inlibro joined #koha
22:24 cait kidclamp: still around?
22:24 cait or ere?
22:24 cait ok, ere should not be
22:29 talljoy kidclamp is not around
22:30 talljoy he may show up later.
22:38 aleisha left #koha
22:40 cait talljoy: thx, figured it out so far - only need a tiny follow--up on one of his bugs
22:45 lukeG1 joined #koha
22:46 lisettelatah cait, I've been working on my devbox guide I told you about a couple of weeks ago. If I sent it to you would you be willing to proof read it for me/tell me if I'm missing things?
22:47 cait I can try - but have no experience with windows setup
22:47 cait i could look out for things.. but maybe you should also ask Tomas or someone more familiar with the technical side
22:47 cait just to be on the safe side :)
22:47 cait I'll be happy to be a first tester
22:50 lisettelatah Thanks, I'll ask Tomas as well and I also asked Owen. I'm more worried about missing things on the usage than the setup, some of my notes I haven't used as much are a few years old and I feel like there might be gaps.
22:51 cait sounds good :)
22:51 kidclamp What'd I do cait?
22:51 cait kidclamp: nothing bad
22:52 cait I was working on the browse opac thing and my elastic reindexing was acting strange, got it working
22:52 cait ... still failed you for cosmetics in hope you will provdie a patch quickly
22:52 cait holding back from working too much on things myself as I want to get dent into this qa queue
22:53 kidclamp Will try to hit that bug later
22:53 kidclamp Cait++
22:53 cait lisettelatah: are you using acq in your library?
22:54 lisettelatah cait, we use purchase suggestions and at least 1 branch in our consortium uses more of it.
22:56 cait hm was wondering about bug 9989
22:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9989 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Closing a basket without creating a basketgroup should not redirect to baskets list
22:56 cait it change sthe redirect after closing a basket - but since we can do that from 2 different places now... i am slightly confused if it's better or not
22:57 lisettelatah I'll e-mail the folks in our consortium that I know use it, but looking at the comments I think I agree with you. From the basket summary it makes sense, from the vendor search that seems like it could slow things down to change it.
23:00 lisettelatah Have a good day everyone!
23:00 cait .. she is copying owen in quick exits
23:00 cait @later tell lisettelatah Thx!
23:00 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
23:06 inlibro joined #koha
23:54 bag !bang
23:54 AnnaBoten \_x< bag: 1 (1137459.12 seconds)
23:54 AnnaBoten [('corilynn', 1), ('bag', 1), ('oleonard', 0)]
23:54 AnnaBoten Best time: oleonard with 78.30 seconds
23:54 AnnaBoten An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
23:55 bag 13 days!
23:55 hayley woah

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary