IRC log for #koha, 2020-02-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 inlibro joined #koha
00:15 aleisha !bang
00:15 AnnaBoten \_x< aleisha: 1 (1123.86 seconds)
00:23 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
00:23 wahanui oops, slipped over
00:24 aleisha !bang
00:24 AnnaBoten \_x< aleisha: 2 (113.99 seconds)
00:25 aleisha !stop
00:25 AnnaBoten [('aleisha', 2)]
00:25 AnnaBoten Best time: aleisha with 113.99 seconds
00:25 AnnaBoten Nothing to stop: there's no hunt right now.
00:35 kathryn joined #koha
00:42 bdonnahue joined #koha
01:03 inlibro joined #koha
01:07 andrew joined #koha
01:14 kathryn joined #koha
01:48 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
01:56 JBoyer joined #koha
02:02 bdonnahue joined #koha
02:03 inlibro joined #koha
02:21 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
02:32 bdonnahue joined #koha
03:04 inlibro joined #koha
03:42 alexbuckley joined #koha
04:04 inlibro joined #koha
05:04 inlibro joined #koha
06:00 sonOfRa_ joined #koha
06:03 nlegrand_ joined #koha
06:04 kivilahtio joined #koha
06:04 inlibro joined #koha
06:06 chriss joined #koha
06:08 magnuse joined #koha
07:02 cait joined #koha
07:04 inlibro joined #koha
07:15 did joined #koha
07:16 kohaputti joined #koha
07:18 did joined #koha
07:22 davidnind joined #koha
07:25 chriss2 joined #koha
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:39 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
07:53 alex_a Bonjour
08:04 inlibro joined #koha
08:05 henryb joined #koha
08:06 cait joined #koha
08:08 sophie_m joined #koha
08:23 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:34 Joubu @later tell talljoy sorry, read too fast yesterday. 23673 has been modified as expected!
08:34 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:43 andreashm joined #koha
08:46 chriss joined #koha
08:59 andrew joined #koha
09:05 inlibro joined #koha
09:13 cait morning #koha
09:18 kohaputti Joubu, what are the plans for moving the UI part of the circ rule refactoring forward now? Will it happen this month?
09:19 Joubu I need to be tested first :) Then QAed.. No idea when it will happen
09:19 cait kohaputti: got my train tickets to marseille this morning :)
09:20 Joubu It*
09:22 kohaputti Joubu, I would like to use ccode or shelving location as a way to specify rules and adding more and more such things seems to not work with the current ui proposed since it will add exponetially(?) more things to configure?
09:24 Joubu IIRC there was a discussion on a bug report about that
09:24 Joubu maybe it was you
09:24 kohaputti there is?
09:24 kohaputti let me find it...
09:24 kohaputti it could be me many years ago
09:24 Joubu cait may know :)
09:25 cait reading
09:25 kohaputti I found Bug 17593
09:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17593 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Extend circulation rules to include shelving location
09:25 cait it comes up again and again
09:25 cait i think it will make thigns even more difficult... but
09:25 cait librareis.
09:25 cait i don't see why it would not work
09:26 cait categorycode and itemtype are not mandatory either are they?
09:26 magnuse @quote get 123
09:26 huginn magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
09:26 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
09:26 cait i mean we can still do all
09:26 cait so we could add another column for location i guess
09:26 kohaputti our libraries use ccodes for special collections and it would be great if that collection could have its own rules
09:26 cait i'd just suggest ot be clear what priority will be applied....
09:26 kohaputti like shorter loan period or only on-site checkouts allowed
09:26 cait we work around those issues currently by using different itemtypes and grouping them for search using ITEMTYPECAT
09:27 cait we also encourage librareis to use itemtypes as ITEM not material types
09:27 greenjimll joined #koha
09:27 cait they don't always listen :)
09:27 cait but that means we have itemtypes like "reference" "normal loan" "overnight" sometiems, when it fits
09:28 * kohaputti needs to look up ITEMTYPECAT
09:28 cait it allows you to group multiple itemtypes on the advanced sarch page... it's helpful
09:29 cait but... doesn't work with transltaions right now (only single language) - Joubus patch shoud fix that (another giant to test)
09:32 kohaputti cait, and using location and ccode works since we have it like that in our fork. If the item doesn't have either of those then it will then just match a more generic rule
09:33 cait yes, there needs to be a clear sequence
09:33 cait of things to check
09:33 cait as we allow 'all' settings
09:33 cait i think the bugs I have seen asked for shelving location additionally
09:33 kohaputti there is already know, I think it is branch -> category -> itemtype
09:33 cait so in combination with itemtype, not instead
09:33 kohaputti s/know/now/
09:33 cait yep, so we need to decide where teh shelving/collections fit
09:35 kohaputti cait, we could also make the order user configurable. It would be a quite small change to the code.
09:36 kohaputti more sysprefs! :D
09:37 Joubu ashimema: with bug 24590, all runs will be green ;)
09:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24590 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha/Object.t is failing on MySQL 8
09:38 ashimema :)
09:38 ashimema thanks Joubu..
09:39 ashimema that'll be really nice.. it's been a while since it's all been green.. the failures haven't been hugely worrying (mostly that missing dependancy).. but it's really nice to have a clean sweep again :)
09:39 Joubu especially after a big push ;)
09:40 ashimema indeed
09:40 cait kohaputti: it scars me to death
09:40 cait unless the gui can be made really clear for it - i'd rather not have all the possible switches
09:41 cait people are already so confused about what applies and half the time i have a hard time epxlaining the difference between default and library specific rules :(
09:41 cait and which kid of library this is applied to
09:42 kohaputti let's hope the new ui will make things easier
09:44 alex_a joined #koha
09:44 andreashm joined #koha
09:46 cait let's hope :)
10:03 davidnind left #koha
10:05 inlibro joined #koha
10:55 kohaputti Joubu, can you rebase bug 15522? There might be people interested to test it.
10:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , New interface for revamped circulation rules
10:56 kohaputti actually it still depends on bug 21156 so we should focus on that
10:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21156 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Internationalization: plural forms, context, and more for JS files
10:57 Joubu kohaputti: there is a remote branch
10:57 kohaputti yes I know
11:00 Joubu kohaputti: rebased and pushed
11:01 kohaputti thanks! :)
11:05 inlibro joined #koha
11:05 khall joined #koha
11:06 andreashm joined #koha
11:06 khall joined #koha
11:22 did joined #koha
11:56 andreashm joined #koha
11:58 khall joined #koha
11:59 kohaputti joined #koha
12:05 inlibro joined #koha
12:07 kidclamp !bang
12:07 AnnaBoten There is no hunt right now! You can start a hunt with the 'start' command
12:37 alex_a joined #koha
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24590: Fix Koha/Object.t on MySQL 8 <[…]43817decf6dfb19cb>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22302: Make ITEMTYPECAT descriptions fallback to lib description if no opac descr... <[…]d19f213dcb2308956>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22302: Unit tests <[…]05b544cab52d655d9>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24529: Silence another uninitialised value warning <[…]78aab0889df43357b>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24529: Silence warnings for title level holds <[…]b78ef55fbec6dad2e>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24485: Allow hold when some can be overridden <[…]534842984c2f01df4>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24420: Display waiting on hold items in the Cataloging search results Location... <[…]f333914d671129acf>
12:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23844: Check if field defined in framework and specify 'Default' for framework <[…]be3848d35f741958d>
12:50 andreash_ joined #koha
13:01 andrew joined #koha
13:05 inlibro joined #koha
13:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #666: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/666/
13:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #594: UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/594/
13:34 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #134: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/134/
13:42 khall joined #koha
13:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #110: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/110/
13:50 paul_p joined #koha
13:52 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:00 lukeG joined #koha
14:05 inlibro joined #koha
14:13 lukeG cait++
14:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1122: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1122/
14:22 oleonard joined #koha
14:23 did joined #koha
14:24 oleonard Hi all
14:24 tcohen hi all
14:24 tcohen !bang
14:24 AnnaBoten There is no hunt right now! You can start a hunt with the 'start' command
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23673: DBRev <[…]0b1b35f204eb2bd1e>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24595: Silent warnings from Circulation.t <[…]52c5374f293b88ac3>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23673: Set updated_on=time_queued on DB update <[…]a1c02241c67d6360d>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23673: Avoid sleep in tests <[…]3072bcd16a2101cb4>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24449: Add too_many_overdue to patron status for SIP <[…]ac03fd8d8f4bb9010>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23784: Show subtitle, number and part in course reserve list of records <[…]5888d99551d2605de>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23673: Add "Updated on" column to patron's notices <[…]41c480d4d9c597a52>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23673: Change DB Structure <[…]1e52b6add0a37a0e1>
14:30 edveal joined #koha
14:30 lukeG Morning all!
14:30 caroline_crazycatlady good morning!
14:31 Marie-Luce joined #koha
14:33 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:34 * cait waves
14:42 talljoy good morning all!
14:42 talljoy @joubu got you message.  thanks!
14:42 huginn talljoy: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
14:42 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
14:44 oleonard BOTFIGHT
14:47 Joubu wahanui: go search for huginn!
14:47 wahanui Joubu: sorry...
14:47 Joubu go search for huginn!
14:48 Joubu ho it's fixed
14:48 Joubu what a shame
14:48 * talljoy hides behind the bar
15:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1123: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1123/
15:06 inlibro joined #koha
15:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #595: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/595/
15:24 ashimema Hnn
15:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #135: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/135/
15:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #667: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/667/
15:37 Joubu yeah, D8 FTW!
15:37 Joubu ashimema: no idea why we have those random API failures. They are all different!
15:47 oleonard-away joined #koha
15:55 ashimema it's weird isn't it.. I've tried to replicate them a few times with no luck
15:55 caroline_crazycatlady ashimema: how is an overpayment refund generated?
15:56 ashimema er..
15:56 ashimema in what koha version?
15:56 ashimema that's an area Ive been refining of late ;)
15:56 caroline_crazycatlady my client is in 19.05
15:57 caroline_crazycatlady they have overpayment refunds that seem to come out of nowhere
15:59 ashimema how are you identifying them as 'overpayment refunds'.. what do you mean by that?
16:00 caroline_crazycatlady it says so in the description
16:00 ashimema it tends ot happen if the patron has paid off a fine whilst it's accruiing (via the opac online payments).. and then they return the item on a closed day so the fine cal gets backdated and ends up less than the amount they paid
16:01 ashimema that appens
16:02 * caroline_crazycatlady hates credit questions... >_<
16:03 caroline_crazycatlady and is this automatic or is it enabled by a syspref?
16:03 * ashimema doesn't like those db level descriptions.. we should drop them all
16:03 ashimema automatic
16:03 ashimema it's inside the adjust method
16:05 reiveune bye
16:05 reiveune left #koha
16:05 caroline_crazycatlady I agree on the descriptions... db descriptions are not translatable...
16:05 * ashimema reads code for a moment
16:06 inlibro joined #koha
16:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #111: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/111/
16:08 ashimema yeah.. that's pretty much the main way as explained above
16:08 ashimema are they using online payments?
16:09 ashimema and calculating fines on return?
16:12 ashimema bug 24338 is just for your branch and just went PQA :)
16:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24338 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Passed QA , CASH is missing from the default payment_types
16:12 ashimema oop.. wrong window
16:14 caroline_crazycatlady afaik they don't use online payments... however, they do have calculatefinesonreturn activated
16:15 caroline_crazycatlady if i understand the chronology, the user was late they paid their fine and renewed, not it is still late and accruing
16:16 caroline_crazycatlady what bugs me is that the amounts and the dates are really weird
16:17 caroline_crazycatlady they paid 3$ and renewed on jan.9, new due date is jan 30, then on feb 3 there is an overpayment refund of 2,40
16:18 caroline_crazycatlady the fines are still accuruing since jan 30
16:18 caroline_crazycatlady why feb 3 and why 2,40? where does that come from?
16:18 * caroline_crazycatlady will have less hair at the end of today
16:19 ashimema so are they paying before renewing via the staff client?
16:19 bdonnahue joined #koha
16:19 ashimema if I remember correctly renewals don't add a new checkout line.. they update the original checkout due date and increment a renewal counter... don't they
16:20 ashimema so you kinda have to work backwards to get he old due date
16:21 caroline_crazycatlady exactly, I went by the dates in the statistics table
16:21 ashimema basically.. if for whatever reason they pay a still acruing fine just before a recalculation (like a renew or return will perform) and that recalc comes in as less than they paid.. they'll get an overpayment..
16:21 ashimema they didn't change he fine rates or circ rules of something recently did they?
16:21 caroline_crazycatlady but why feb. 3?
16:21 caroline_crazycatlady do we have logs of changes in the circ rules?
16:22 ashimema that could also do it.. i.e if they reduced their fine rates you could easily end up in the same condition
16:22 caroline_crazycatlady of course if I ask them, they'll say they didn't touch anything
16:22 ashimema hang on..
16:22 ashimema they paid on 9th.. then got an overpayment refund on the 3rd
16:22 ashimema that's wrong..
16:22 amoyano_ joined #koha
16:23 ashimema oh..
16:23 ashimema not nesessarily
16:23 caroline_crazycatlady the library is open 7 days a week, so the fines should accrue everyday
16:25 ashimema where did you get jan 9 from?
16:25 caroline_crazycatlady ooh, I see there is a payment of 12$ on the 9th (which I assume contains the 3$) AND an amneesty of 3$... I have to check in account_offsets to see what each pays
16:25 ashimema I only see feb 5th and feb 3rd
16:25 caroline_crazycatlady oh yeah, I didn't screenshot the whole thing, hang on
16:26 caroline_crazycatlady
16:26 caroline_crazycatlady There are 4 cases, but I'm looking specifically at the barcode ending in 598 to establish the chronology
16:27 caroline_crazycatlady ugh, and I never remember if a payment is account_offsets is a credit or a debit...
16:29 ashimema wow.. that set really is confusing
16:30 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:31 ashimema that looks like they paid the fine AND wrote it off too
16:31 ashimema that's weird
16:31 ashimema is the user meant to be exemp of fines I wonder
16:31 caroline_crazycatlady yeah not sure how that happened
16:32 caroline_crazycatlady I'm looking through the account_offsets to see if I can understand
16:33 caroline_crazycatlady omg it's weirder and weirder
16:34 ashimema it's bad that we don't somehow record the original due date in the fine when it's 'fixed'
16:34 caroline_crazycatlady the payment of 12$ is for the 4 fines of 3$, but the 4 amnesties of 3$ are for the 0,90$ fines above
16:35 caroline_crazycatlady but 3-0,90 is still not 2,40
16:35 caroline_crazycatlady @_@
16:35 huginn caroline_crazycatlady: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
16:35 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
16:35 ashimema wha...
16:35 ashimema :'(
16:39 caroline_crazycatlady do you think it could be related to bug 23788?
16:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23788 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to master , Writing off multiple fees allows 'overpayment' of those fees
16:39 ashimema could well be
16:39 caroline_crazycatlady it is fixed in 19.11, but the client has 19.05.04
16:40 ashimema afriad I don't really remember the details of that one
16:40 ashimema but that does certainly sound likely at this point
16:41 ashimema hmm.. wonder why it wasn't backported..
16:41 ashimema another one missed :(?
16:41 caroline_crazycatlady so when you renew a late item, do the fines have the status RETURNED?
16:44 ashimema yeah.. thats horrible
16:44 ashimema there's a bug for that
16:45 ashimema the issue is how we record status's..
16:45 ashimema it was fine before we started to show the status
16:45 ashimema but it no longer makes much sense..
16:45 ashimema I will be working on a tidy up bug for that shortly..
16:45 ashimema could do with a few other things getting SO'd first really.. those tree's are growing massive again :(
16:46 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
16:47 ashimema I'd never noticed the checkout dates stuff either.. that's pretty horrible
16:49 cait left #koha
16:49 caroline_crazycatlady there's also the due dates... 12/14/2019 is the due date of the first renewal, not the original due date nor the current due date (after the second renewal)
16:56 caroline_crazycatlady even in the "Make a payment" tab, the due date is wrong
16:56 ashimema haha
16:57 ashimema I literally just created bug 24596 for that
16:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24596 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, NEW , Due dates confusing on fines for renewed items
16:57 ashimema it's not going to be easy to fix though :(
16:58 ashimema feel free to comment to clarify it :)
16:58 ashimema I was rushing
17:06 inlibro joined #koha
17:08 ashimema bug 14376 is the other wording one btw
17:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14376 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Failed QA , Allow the librarian to choose a patron when entering a purchase suggestion
17:08 ashimema oop
17:08 ashimema bug 24376
17:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24376 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Wording of Fine Returned is confusing
17:09 hc joined #koha
17:11 bdonnahue joined #koha
17:43 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
18:06 inlibro joined #koha
18:12 khall joined #koha
18:12 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:25 lukeG on is there a good reason why I can add a note if I select 'Pay amount', 'Pay selected', or 'Write off selected' yet I cannot add a note when choosing 'Pay' or 'Write-off'?
18:43 ashimema Probably just an oversight
18:43 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:50 paul_p joined #koha
19:02 khall joined #koha
19:05 davidnind joined #koha
19:06 inlibro joined #koha
19:06 khall joined #koha
19:54 josef_moravec joined #koha
20:00 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020
20:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb  5 20:00:28 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
20:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_5_february_2020'
20:00 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ruary_2020#Agenda Agenda
20:00 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:00 ashimema #topic Introductions
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:01 ashimema please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
20:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
20:01 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS, USA
20:01 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
20:01 lisettelatah #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, USA
20:02 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec
20:02 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea
20:02 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
20:02 ashimema #topic Announcements
20:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:03 ashimema #info  GBSD 14th February, Valentine's Edition
20:03 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]bug_squashing_day GBSD Details
20:04 ashimema Lets get that majors queue under 100! :)
20:04 ashimema anyone else want to announce anything?
20:04 JesseM ByWater Solutions will be hosting a YouTube Live Session on Friday, February 14th from 11:00 am EST to 1:00 pm EST where we will SQUASH SOME BUGS!!!! Join in, chat with us and ask questions!!
20:04 JesseM Join us at:[…]tersolutions/live
20:05 ashimema awesome, bywater++
20:05 ashimema #info ByWater Solutions will be hosting a YouTube Live Session on Friday 14th from 11am EST to 1pm EST in support of GBSD
20:06 JesseM Going to be a good time squashing bugs
20:06 ashimema #link[…]tersolutions/live Join in
20:06 ashimema hat's awesome guys, thanks :)
20:06 bag #info brendan bywater
20:06 ashimema bywater++
20:06 inlibro joined #koha
20:07 ashimema #topic Update from the Release Team
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:07 ashimema Squashing the updates into one short section to save on time ;)
20:08 ashimema #info Release is moving along nicely, lots of bugfixes and enhancements getting pushed.. Thanks everyone for the consistent level of SO and QA.
20:09 ashimema #info Bug 18936 - Circulation Rules Ratification has been pushed, thanks to all involved, and sorry for the rebases it may have created for people.. its a big step in the right direction for koha's codebase modernisation and maintainability wise.
20:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18936 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Convert issuingrules fields to circulation_rules
20:10 ashimema #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
20:10 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:10 ashimema #info Deprecate/remove QueryParser (see Bug 12742)
20:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12742 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Omnibus: QueryParser
20:11 ashimema this one was from cait, but I think a few of us have been thinking about it for a while..
20:11 ashimema should we start the process of stripping out QueryParser code..
20:11 ashimema at this point I don't know anyone using it.. but that doesn't mean nobody is..
20:11 ashimema less code to maintain and all that...
20:12 ashimema bywater.. do you have any partners using queryparser?
20:13 wizzyrea i'm not sure we'd know - how would we tell? (sorry if that's a dumb question)
20:13 josef_moravec Hea says only 5 of roughly 2300 instances uses it
20:14 wizzyrea what problems would it have solved?
20:14 ashimema not sure how accurate hea is.. but it shows a trend at the very least
20:14 ashimema #link HEA stats
20:14 wizzyrea it's off by default yeah?
20:15 ashimema I believe the idea was that it was a re-write/cleanup of the searching logic in generall.. but starting with the idea of sharing the search query parsing logic from evergreen..
20:15 ashimema but.. I don't think it ever fully worked and reached critical mass
20:15 ashimema if it was going to be re-invigorated I feel it was have been with the coming of ES code..
20:15 ashimema but that went a very different route
20:16 ashimema it if inded disabled by default
20:16 josef_moravec it is disabled by default
20:16 ashimema it is indeed disabled by default.. even
20:17 * ashimema would rather see the effort put into making ES great than try and maintain 3 sets of search code
20:17 ashimema we can save a vote for next meeting.. but worth raising to get people thinking about it..
20:18 ashimema #action Add vote for QueryParser removal to next meeting agenda
20:18 ashimema moving on
20:18 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:18 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:19 ashimema #info Vote for SWAGGER1.3.4: mapping
20:19 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es_-_API#SWAGGER1.3.4:mapping-_DRAFT Guideline
20:20 ashimema So, as discussed at the last meeting we wanted to add some guidelines around api field mappings to help lower the debate around them during votes.
20:21 ashimema I've drafted the above and run them past tcohen and a few other interested parties..
20:21 ashimema I suggest taking a vote on the first two guidelines and leaving the third to another time as that's still in discussion whilst we work through the embed technicalities.
20:22 ashimema do we have enough people here to take a vote?
20:23 josef_moravec we are 7 or 8 according to info...
20:23 ashimema indeed
20:23 JesseM How many do we need?
20:23 * ashimema works on the vote question for a second..
20:23 lukeG joined #koha
20:24 ashimema I think we're corate enough.. i was testing that people are still out there as much as anything ;)
20:25 ashimema #startvote Do you agree with adding the proposed new coding guideline as phrased (First 2 points only)? Yes, No, Abstain
20:25 huginn Begin voting on: Do you agree with adding the proposed new coding guideline as phrased (First 2 points only)? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
20:25 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:25 ashimema #vote Yes
20:25 josef_moravec #vote Yes
20:25 lisettelatah #vote Yes
20:26 davidnind #vote Yes
20:26 JesseM #vote Yes
20:26 khall #vote Yes
20:27 ashimema last calls...
20:28 ashimema #endvote
20:28 huginn Voted on "Do you agree with adding the proposed new coding guideline as phrased (First 2 points only)?" Results are
20:28 huginn Yes (6): davidnind, josef_moravec, lisettelatah, ashimema, khall, JesseM
20:28 ashimema excellent.. hopefully that'll help lower the cahnces of getting stuck in planning blight :)
20:29 josef_moravec ashimema++
20:29 ashimema #topic Set date and time for next meeting
20:29 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 February 2020)
20:29 ashimema I'm suggesting 19 February 2020, 14 UTC
20:29 ashimema fits the patturn
20:30 ashimema back to the early slot
20:30 ashimema any objections?
20:31 ashimema #info Next meeting: 19 February 2020, 14 UTC
20:31 ashimema #endmeeting
20:31 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:31 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb  5 20:31:26 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:31 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-05-20.00.html
20:31 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-02-05-20.00.txt
20:31 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-20.00.log.html
20:31 ashimema thanks everyone.. a nice quick, but fruitfull meeting :)
20:31 davidnind ashimema++
20:31 lisettelatah ashimema++
20:37 * ashimema clocks off for the evening
20:38 aleisha joined #koha
20:53 andreashm joined #koha
21:06 josef_moravec left #koha
21:07 inlibro joined #koha
21:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #108: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/108/
21:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #109: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/109/
21:24 lisettelatah joined #koha
21:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #108: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/108/
21:29 lisettelatah joined #koha
21:49 edveal joined #koha
21:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #110: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/110/
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #109: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/109/
22:01 lisettelatah joined #koha
22:07 inlibro joined #koha
22:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #109: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/109/
22:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #111: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/111/
22:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #110: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/110/
22:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #110: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/110/
22:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #112: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/112/
23:02 irma_ joined #koha
23:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #111: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/111/
23:07 inlibro joined #koha
23:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #111: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/111/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary