IRC log for #koha, 2019-10-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 inlibro joined #koha
00:08 bdonnahue joined #koha
00:11 sameee joined #koha
01:05 inlibro joined #koha
02:05 inlibro joined #koha
03:05 inlibro joined #koha
04:05 inlibro joined #koha
05:05 inlibro joined #koha
06:05 inlibro joined #koha
06:09 chris joined #koha
06:42 cait joined #koha
06:51 chris joined #koha
06:53 calire joined #koha
06:59 indradg joined #koha
06:59 vishal_ joined #koha
07:00 vishal_ Hello... is anyone online now? I'm facing a problem with the 18.11 web installer
07:01 fridolin joined #koha
07:01 fridolin hi
07:06 vishal_ fridolin, Hi
07:06 inlibro joined #koha
07:07 vishal_ fridolin I'm facing a problem with the 18.11 web-installer (18.11.10)... the installer keeps logging out at each step
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:40 reiveune hello
07:51 sophie_m joined #koha
07:57 alex_a joined #koha
07:57 alex_a Bonjour
08:05 marcelr joined #koha
08:05 marcelr hi #koha
08:06 inlibro joined #koha
08:13 cait joined #koha
08:16 laurence joined #koha
08:18 fridolin joined #koha
08:35 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:37 paxed hmm... koha really should require patrons to confirm their emails
08:44 cait paxed: it could be a good feature for some
08:45 cait especially public libraries
08:45 ashimema +1
08:46 ashimema fairly easy to impliment too I reckon
08:46 * ashimema has done features like that before
08:47 cait hm but would need a flag or something like that
08:47 cait that the email jobs look at
08:48 ashimema depends what you want the varified status to mean
08:49 cait i think the goal would be not sending emails to non-existing email addresses
08:50 paxed i don't see a bug for it, either
08:50 cait we discussed that a while ago with our group of 'public' libraries
08:50 cait paxed: I am not aware of one, will you write it up?
08:50 cait they have a lot of issues with sorting through the bouncing emails
08:50 * ashimema chants "make a bug, make a bug"
08:51 paxed cait: or, in the case of gmail addresses, names with and without dots (which gmail thinks are equal)
08:51 cait ew
08:52 cait we once got blocked for an email address with only one letter before the @
08:52 cait totally valid format... but they thought it was highly suspicious and blocked us - no fun
08:52 cait verification might have helped avoid that
08:52 cait (not gmail, but some other provider)
08:52 cait emails are.. fun.
08:55 paxed cait: very quick bug 23908
08:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23908 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Require patrons to confirm their email address
08:57 cait cool, added some questions (food for thought I hope)
09:04 alex_a joined #koha
09:06 inlibro joined #koha
09:37 ashimema new bz keyword cait.. if you feel something you'r QAing isn't quite ready, but would really like to see it move early next cycle.. sticka 'rel_20_05_target keyword on it :)
09:37 ashimema I'll be using that to help me keep track of who I should be poking regularly after this upcoming release
09:38 cait i didn't dare to use it without your consent :)
09:38 ashimema wow.. I can't type today
09:38 ashimema go for it :)
09:38 ashimema I stuck it on bug 20307 :)
09:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20307 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Language overlay for authorized values
09:39 ashimema whilst we have momentum I want to make sure it stays in our target lines.. but I think we all agree we can put it down for a month whilst we get this release polished :)
09:40 * ashimema should probably mark a few of his own cash related bugs with it :(... would have been nice, but I ended up down a rabbit hole updating yet more accounts foundations
09:41 ashimema_ joined #koha
09:42 cait ashimema: also thx for correcting the link - i had tested it, but bugzilla is kind of weird sometimes with the shared links
09:42 ashimema yeah, bz links can be very strange..
09:43 ashimema did you spot the two 'manual' searches I've created and shared btw?
09:43 ashimema they should appear in the bottom links
09:43 ashimema `Manual - ByWater` and `Manual - PTFS-E`
09:44 ashimema I should write a few a couple more for highlighting other companies that have submitted big features this release which aren't yet properly documented.. Bywater have their team working though their list, as have we :)
09:48 cait that's quite cool
09:49 cait I wonder how we could moveon with the translations
09:49 cait at this point i think we shoudl remove the translated manuals from the website... because they are not updated
09:49 cait and link to bernardo's copy
09:49 ashimema I've lost track of where we're at with those again
09:49 cait not ideal... but we have no solution in sight
09:49 cait we have amanal for the docs
09:49 ashimema what is barnardo's copy?
09:50 cait sorry again
09:50 cait we have 2 repos
09:50 cait 1 for the manual, this generates what is on the website
09:50 cait 2 for the po files on translate
09:50 cait the issue is, that 1 never gets updated from 2
09:50 ashimema right..
09:50 ashimema are you around today?
09:51 cait bernardo has a preview running, where he uses the po files with current manual and makes them
09:51 cait but the official manuals never see translation updats
09:51 cait i have a meeting in 10 minutes, but after that yes
09:51 ashimema so it's literally just a case of pulling from barnardo's repo and pushing to the community one?
09:51 ashimema in an automated fashion?
09:52 ashimema ok.. lets talk after..
09:52 ashimema if you have an hour I reckon between us we can get something working.. I just need help understanding the flows as they currently exist
09:52 ashimema :)
09:52 ashimema I'll plumb it into my release notes maintanence scripts
09:53 cait i think one of the issues is that you can't automate pull requests/merge requests easily?
09:53 cait at least that's what i got
09:54 ashimema not from gitlab side.. but I think we can with a middle server
09:58 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20595: Add handling for LRP field in EDI <[…]3c410b60961d769e0>
10:06 ashimema erm..
10:06 inlibro joined #koha
10:06 ashimema am I also right in thinking the automagic manual build are all going into a 19.05 manual..
10:06 ashimema which seems wrong to me
10:09 marcelr joined #koha
10:13 kohaputti is the raw data for somewhere available?
10:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #53: STILL FAILING in 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/53/
10:17 marcelr bug 21190 is ready for your signoff :)
10:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21190 enhancement, P2, ---,, Needs Signoff , GDPR: Log successful/unsuccessful login attempts [part 1]
10:27 khall joined #koha
10:28 khall_ joined #koha
10:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #951: UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/951/
10:36 magnuse marcelr++
10:38 vfernandes joined #koha
10:38 vfernandes hi #koha
10:42 kohaputti cait, about #21572, I still think it is really really strange anybody would allow to checkout reserves that are waiting for another patron unless it is the librarian doing the override.
10:44 kohaputti the patron has most likely received an email about an item being available for pickup and then if that patron goes to get it the item could be gone!
10:48 kohaputti cait, hmm, I think people commenting on the bug are maybe confused because there are two changes happening: 1. fixing this strangeness in the SCO module that allowed to checkout waiting items 2. Merging SCO and SIP syspref together
10:49 ashimema kohaputti I don't think the raw data is available from hea
10:50 ashimema though it might be nice to have.. do you have a use case for that?
10:50 ashimema perhaps add an issue to the gitlab repo for hea
10:50 cait sorry, just got back from a meeting, will read back in abit (after lunch)
10:50 ashimema
10:51 kohaputti ashimema, thanks for the info. I was just looking for it because I wanted to know the statistics of libraries using the same combination of specific sysprefs.
10:51 kohaputti like how many libraries use AcqWarnOnDuplicateInvoice = 1 AND AgeRestrictionOverride = 1
10:52 kohaputti and how many use AcqWarnOnDuplicateInvoice = 0 AND AgeRestrictionOverride = 1
10:52 kohaputti though for my use case I wanted some data for the bug I just pinged cait about
10:52 ashimema it would be really nice to be able to query hea in that way
10:53 ashimema if you fancied writing up a little report I'd might have a go at implimenting it
10:54 ashimema it's a koha side project though.. and a not especially maintained one :(.. i've love to see some of these projects get more love
11:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #485: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/485/
11:06 cait Joonas: it might be a terminology issue too -is reserved = waiting in your bug?
11:06 inlibro joined #koha
11:07 cait you don't want people to carry out wiating ones, but reserved... first come first seve
11:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #425: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/425/
11:07 cait kohaputti:  i mean :)
11:07 ashimema shout when you have a moment to discuss translations cait?
11:08 cait oi yes, i want to
11:08 cait just let me try to get behind kohaputti*s question first... it's about holds...
11:08 ashimema okies
11:10 cait ok, status explained at the bottom - see it now
11:10 kohaputti cait, yeah I think it is a bit of a terminology issue now. I will submit a separate bug report for disallowing the waiting item checkout in SCO module so we don't have to discuss about that in this bug report.
11:10 cait disallow for other users, right?
11:10 kohaputti yes
11:10 cait ok
11:11 cait I think AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout is for reserves (not waiting)
11:11 cait so maybe we shoudl not mix things
11:11 kohaputti if AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout is enabled the SCO allows also to checkout other people's waiting reserves
11:11 kohaputti so that is a bug in my opinion
11:11 cait yeah
11:11 cait i would agree there
11:12 cait that's odd
11:12 cait but it's actually explicitly mentioned in the pref description
11:12 kohaputti In SIP server with AllowItemsOnHoldCheckoutSIP on the other hand doesn't allow to checkout other people's waiting reserves
11:12 cait it just seems nonsensical
11:13 cait actually the prefs shoudl be rephrased anyway RESERVE_WAITING and RESERVED is not very clear
11:13 cait doesn't appear anywhere users can see
11:13 cait khall_: ping?
11:13 cait kidclamp: ping?
11:13 cait need some holds experts
11:14 khall_ what's up cait?
11:14 kidclamp hi
11:14 wahanui hola, kidclamp
11:14 cait we are discussing bug 21572
11:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21572 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, joonas.kylmala, In Discussion , Allow checkout an item with reserve that is not yet in waiting state
11:14 kohaputti cait, so then the other thing I suggested in the bug report was that we would merge AllowItemsOnHoldCheckoutSIP and AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout to one. This is because I don't see any reason for SCO and SIP to act differently.
11:14 cait there are multiple quesitions
11:14 cait 1) Should you be able to checkout waiting items ever?
11:14 cait the prefs in question say they allow checkout for RESERVE_WAITING and RESERVED - so that includes waiting, but seems odd
11:15 cait i thought the use case was to allow users to take home books with holds on them that haven't been checked in yet
11:15 cait but not... to pull them off the hodls shelf where another patron has already been notified
11:15 BobB joined #koha
11:15 kohaputti for question 1) if we really would want to allow checking out waiting items then we should fix the email notification system to not send anything or something
11:16 kohaputti sooo my preference is to not allow checking out waiting items unless it is librarian doing override for whatever reason
11:16 cait i think we have to let them read
11:16 cait I lean that way too, but I am very confused to why it was included in the first place
11:16 kohaputti hmm, I think I mentioned something in the bug report about the bug being introduced in some commit. Let me find that again.
11:17 kohaputti (well I think it is a bug)
11:17 kohaputti sorry, that was another thing
11:18 cait i think we have to sort and split here :)
11:18 kidclamp I do think a single branch might use the SIP and SCO differently
11:18 cait kidclamp: khall: scared away or reading?
11:19 khall nope, just ADHD :)
11:19 kohaputti kidclamp, please lighten us how :)
11:19 cait i think there is multiple things mixed up here
11:20 cait khall: i actually didn't get your example :( how would you use sip off-site?
11:21 kidclamp bookmobile, or just away from staff eyes
11:21 kidclamp like a sip machine near an exit, and an SCO by the staff desk
11:21 khall I think the simplest solution is to never allow checkout of waiting items. To me checkout and waiting item are mutually exclusive
11:21 khall am I missing a point kidclamp ?
11:22 kidclamp no, but I think we are talking multiple things
11:22 kohaputti khall, there was two things here 1. a bug in allowing waiting items to be checked out 2. merging AllowItemsOnHoldCheckoutSIP and AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout
11:22 kidclamp because I agree, if it is 'waiting' it shouldn't go out, uness staff manually confirms so
11:22 kidclamp but I think separate prefs to say whether an item with a hold but not yet waiting should be possibly checked out
11:23 kohaputti kidclamp, but why separate sysprefs?
11:23 cait i can agree to that
11:23 cait and rephrase the prefs to epxlain things properl
11:23 cait y
11:23 kohaputti <kidclamp> like a sip machine near an exit, and an SCO by the staff desk
11:23 kohaputti What would be usage of two sysprefs here?
11:24 kohaputti do you mean staff would use SCO module instead of intranet?
11:24 cait I think it woudl be good if we coudl document the use case on the bug... keeps us from discussing this again and again :)
11:24 cait i don't care too mucha bout separate or not - but I am keen on not checking out the waiting items (separate bug report?)
11:24 kohaputti cait, lets document it after this discussion
11:25 kohaputti cait, yes, I will make the separate report for that
11:25 kidclamp if one machine is not near staff, asking patrons to return book to staff is undesired possibly
11:26 kidclamp not necessarily staff using the SCO, but at least it is near them , so giving the book back to staff is easy
11:27 cait sorry... but not getting it
11:27 cait if the book has a hold on it... the machine says ask staff ...
11:27 kidclamp one machine has a staff person monitoring it, and can help people and take books from them
11:27 cait but you don't get any notice then
11:27 cait not jsut not blocking
11:27 kidclamp the other is unmonitored, no staff nearby, the patron cannot easily give book to staff
11:27 cait so it would be... invisible - monitored or not?
11:28 kohaputti kidclamp, why does the patron give the book to staff?
11:28 kidclamp because there is a hold that is not yet waiting
11:28 kidclamp and it would notify them that they cannot check book out
11:29 kohaputti kidclamp, but so there would be another self checkout machine SIP or SCO module that would allow to checkout a item on hold?
11:29 kohaputti what's the idea with that?
11:30 kidclamp monitored machine controlled by pref to say "there is a hold, book is not checked out" staff are present, they can take the book
11:30 kidclamp unmonitored machine - controlled by pref to allow the checkout - the patron gets the book and can go
11:31 kidclamp more simply even. SIP and SCO are different, they should have their own prefs
11:31 kohaputti ok, so I think that should not be tied to the protocol being used
11:33 kohaputti SCO machines are only differentiated by the branch, right? There is no username, password, etc. So in that case maybe we could have this option on the branch level.
11:33 kidclamp I disagree, SCO stations can be a simple web machine, sip machines are usually purchased/built - one is easy for libraries to obtain, the other is less, and that may change usage
11:33 kidclamp the prefs should be tied into one description
11:33 kidclamp or move SIP control to SIP config
11:34 kidclamp I don't see the problem of having two prefs
11:34 cait maybe maintain 2 prefs for now... and figure the waiting hold problem? also rephrase prefs
11:34 sev_q joined #koha
11:34 cait hi sev_q!
11:34 kohaputti "may change usage" – we are only discussing checkout usage here not anything else sip might offer
11:34 sev_q hi cait :)
11:34 khall kidclamp kohaputti AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout[SIP] is based on the philosophy that a patron with a book in hand gets that book, period
11:35 khall I know a lot of our partners operate that way
11:35 cait (but not waiting ones, right?)
11:36 cait or thosetoo?
11:36 khall That's a philosophical question I don't have the answer to. My view would be 'no'.
11:36 khall The concept is to minimize disappointment
11:37 cait i think as they are not informed about others taking the item.. someone showing up in the library to pick it up woudl be very disappointed
11:37 kidclamp except, the prefs specifically state 'RESERVE_WAITING' which would mean a behvaiour change
11:37 cait more than the one who stole it from the pick-up shelf
11:37 khall so I think the patron not getting to check out the book would be less disappointed that the patron who traveled to the library to pick up a hold only to find it was no longer there
11:37 cait this gets messy
11:37 cait would it be a multi-select pref?
11:37 kohaputti I reported the waiting state checkout bug in bug 23909
11:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23909 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , SCO allows to check out items with Waiting state if AllowItemsOnHoldCheckoutSCO
11:37 cait and we uncheck it for new... and leave as is now for existing?
11:38 khall this is probably one of those cases wherewe need YASP :(
11:38 oleonard joined #koha
11:38 cait ... a multi-select one woudl at least keep the pref number the same
11:38 oleonard Hi
11:38 cait hi oleonard :)
11:38 cait want to chime in?
11:38 cait we are discussing holds questions...
11:39 cait or you could help me debug my detail page print layout...
11:40 paxed "Oh hey, i found this book in the self checkout shelf, i have it in my hand, i'll just check it out now ..." ;)
11:40 kidclamp so...kohaputti... rereading your bug it sounds like SIP not allowing waiting to checkout is a regression?
11:40 paxed err, the shelf where you go pick up waiting reserved books ...
11:41 oleonard Can the holds question be summed up briefly? :)
11:41 kohaputti kidclamp, no
11:41 cait oleonard: does it make sense to allow checking out waiting holds on sco/sip?
11:41 * oleonard votes no
11:41 cait oleonard: do we need the 'onhold' something prefs be separate prefs for sco and sip?
11:41 kidclamp "I think how SCO works with Waiting state holds is bad" - I agree philosophically, but if that is how it has always worked
11:42 kohaputti please comment your "votes" on the bug 23909
11:42 cait which doesn't always mean it's a good thing
11:42 kidclamp quote 123
11:42 cait what about my suggestio to change it into checkboxes? (multi-select)
11:42 cait @quote 123
11:42 huginn cait: I've exhausted my database of quotes
11:42 kidclamp @quote get 123
11:42 huginn kidclamp: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
11:42 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
11:46 kohaputti cait, checkboxes are more complex than my suggestion of one single syspref.. I'm interested in this bug because I would like to show availablity information of item through REST API and it gets tricky if you can get the item with SCO and not with SIP
11:47 cait ah
11:47 cait now we get to the core of the issue
11:47 kohaputti what would we show in OPAC: the item is available but only if you use this machine at the library.. on the other machine it is not available
11:47 cait yeah, that's werid
11:48 cait i think it's a strong point for not allwoing too many different things
11:48 kohaputti I'm hoping to get Koha support to VuFind through REST API and this is one of the things to solve
11:55 kidclamp Ah, okay, in terms of API that makes more sense
11:56 cait oleonard++
11:57 cait in sight of api... i vote merge
11:57 cait ... and because i am not strongly persuaded by the use case *hides*
12:00 kidclamp it would almost be nice if it could be set per API account - that is how the SIP control should be as well ideally - but I think right now SIP follows staff interface
12:02 cait I think this type of granularity could lead to problems fast... too confusing
12:03 cait i already have a headache from this
12:06 inlibro joined #koha
12:13 khall joined #koha
12:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23382: (RM follow-up) Days of the week discrepancies <[…]6528f53b66a8893b7>
12:30 kohaputti ashimema, https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23911 – that's for the Hea complex query feature I was looking for
12:30 huginn Bug 23911: new feature, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Possibility to do more complex analysis of systempreference usage
12:39 ashimema nice, thanks
12:40 ashimema oleonard, hows the opac icons patch coming.. shall I test it?
12:40 khall joined #koha
12:40 oleonard ashimema: I'm writing up a test plan now, have identified a couple of very minor things. But I think it's ready to test if you're eager
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22445: (RM follow-up) Build CSS <[…]4e3fca14d064d16cb>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23858: (follow-up) Return code fix <[…]0680be3f93132d74d>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23858: Make POST add the Location header on vendors endpoint <[…]d60cf28674bb24157>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23858: Regression tests <[…]0f86ff0b41cc6d871>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23525: (bug 19289 follow-up) Use biblio's framework not ACQ <[…]c1b8622fc88567217>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22114: Untranslatable "Patron note:" in checkout.js <[…]ac97a32b50d6a24ae>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23310: Reduce noise in Koha::Biblio <[…]25aad490975aaebeb>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22874: Use false instead of 0 value for limiting on availability <[…]f3ec918e96f8481cb>
12:45 janPasi_ joined #koha
12:47 oleonard Writing detailed test plans are an excellent way to suss out bugs
12:48 ashimema hehe :)
12:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:53 calire oleonard also happy to look if needed
12:53 oleonard Bug 23903:[…]/ip-opac-fa-icons
12:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23903 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace OPAC icons with Font Awesome
12:55 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22826: Allow indexing of individual authorities in Elasticsearch <[…]28d66e691a6d68b1a>
13:01 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:01 wahanui Congratulations!
13:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #426: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/426/
13:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #54: STILL FAILING in 4 min 55 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/54/
13:07 inlibro joined #koha
13:21 ashimema[…]ect-organization/ - That's a bit out of date isn't it?
13:30 ashimema bug 23890
13:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23890 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Plugins that utilise possibly security breaching hooks should warn
13:31 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #952: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/952/
13:44 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
13:46 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
13:48 tcohen hola
13:48 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
13:49 cait @later tell davidnind possible we forgot to branch out the manual for 19.05 in time?
13:49 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
13:49 wizzyrea hi
13:49 wahanui bonjour, wizzyrea
13:59 kohaputti cait, someone commented in bug 23909 that some libraries allow to check out waiting items D:
13:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23909 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , SCO allows to check out items with Waiting state if AllowItemsOnHoldCheckoutSCO
13:59 kohaputti cait, placing a hold is so useful in such a library!
13:59 oleonard wizzyrea: Did you happen to find anything specific about Bug 23904? A link talking about the change?
13:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23904 major, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Chrome update does not allow use of
14:06 * oleonard finds[…]rome-74-deps-rems
14:07 inlibro joined #koha
14:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #427: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/427/
14:20 wizzyrea lemme ping lukeG
14:21 lukeG joined #koha
14:27 cait oleonard++ btw, thx again for ealrier
14:28 oleonard :)
14:35 eythian hi
14:35 wahanui hello, eythian
14:36 corilynn It's my first full day cataloging in Koha, and I'm lovin' it so far! Just a few quirks :)
14:44 oleonard lukeG: *whew* !
14:57 magnuse corilynn++
15:01 cait corilynn++
15:06 khall joined #koha
15:07 inlibro joined #koha
15:08 caroline_catlady joined #koha
15:08 calire1 joined #koha
15:09 calire2 joined #koha
15:09 oleonard Finally we're approaching an adequate number of calires
15:10 corilynn I also just trained a guy to use Koha in under 15 minutes
15:10 calire2 yess
15:12 eythian they're taking over!
15:12 oleonard I for one welcome my calire overlords (overladies?)
15:13 oleonard The language of crushing oppression is so gendered
15:15 corilynn oleonard++
15:15 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:15 wahanui Congratulations!
15:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #953: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/953/
15:20 cait oleonard++
15:42 calire2 left #koha
16:07 inlibro joined #koha
16:22 reiveune bye
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:23 calire joined #koha
16:36 fridolin joined #koha
16:40 fridolin left #koha
16:46 laurence left #koha
16:53 bag !bang
16:53 AnnaBoten \_x< bag: 1 (391736.02 seconds)
16:53 AnnaBoten [('tuxayo', 1), ('kidclamp', 1), ('bag', 1)]
16:53 AnnaBoten Best time: kidclamp with 6908.33 seconds
16:53 AnnaBoten An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
17:07 tcohen Joubu: around?
17:07 inlibro joined #koha
17:16 ashimema @later tell jajm could you look at my followup on bug 23805 pretty please
17:16 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
17:17 jajm ashimema, DROP CONSTRAINT doesn't work with mysql ?
17:18 ashimema nope
17:18 ashimema aparently not
17:19 ashimema this is the first place I've hit where I think mariadb and mysql properly diverge :(
17:19 ashimema I think at some point we're going to need to make a decision as to whether to continue supporting both of pick one.
17:21 jajm ok, i'll try
17:22 ashimema well actually, it's version dependant
17:22 ashimema but yeah.. mysql and maria and various versions of each have different syntaxes for this :(
17:23 ashimema we support mysql5.5 still.. and that certainly doesn't support DROP CONSTRAINT
17:24 ashimema 8.0 looks like it does though.. which is promising
17:25 jajm why do we have check constraint in the first place ? it looks its a new feature of mysql 8
17:25 jajm « Prior to MySQL 8.0.16, CREATE TABLE permits only the following limited version of table CHECK constraint syntax, which is parsed and ignored »[…]-constraints.html
18:02 cait left #koha
18:02 calire left #koha
18:05 ashimema It's been standard in iso sql for years.. just mysql took a very very long time to impliment it.
18:06 ashimema I can drop it entirely, but it's a really useful to enusre data integrity
18:06 * ashimema is a fan of db level data inegrity..
18:08 inlibro joined #koha
18:27 oleonard See y'all later
18:43 khall_ joined #koha
18:57 corilynn ashimema++ me too!
19:00 ashimema The bigger question to me is what dB servers should we support.. right now we arbitrarily support mysql and mariadb.. but don't really specify a list of versions
19:03 JesseM joined #koha
19:08 inlibro joined #koha
19:19 cait joined #koha
19:33 khall joined #koha
20:04 andreashm joined #koha
20:08 inlibro joined #koha
20:17 cait joined #koha
20:25 andreashm joined #koha
20:52 kathryn joined #koha
20:55 andreashm joined #koha
21:01 khall joined #koha
21:08 inlibro joined #koha
21:31 andreashm joined #koha
22:08 inlibro joined #koha
22:41 amoyano joined #koha
22:41 amoyano_ joined #koha
22:55 andreashm joined #koha
23:08 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary