IRC log for #koha, 2019-03-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #243: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/243/
00:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #248: SUCCESS in 20 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/248/
00:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #243: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/243/
00:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #244: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/244/
00:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #249: SUCCESS in 19 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/249/
00:37 lukeG joined #koha
00:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #244: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/244/
04:54 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:14 chris joined #koha
06:30 calire joined #koha
06:33 cait joined #koha
07:03 liz__ joined #koha
07:11 andreashm joined #koha
07:14 fridolin joined #koha
07:15 fridolin hi
07:15 wahanui bidet, fridolin
07:37 fridolin joined #koha
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
08:02 cait joined #koha
08:03 alex_a joined #koha
08:03 alex_a bonjour
08:04 cait good morning #koha
08:05 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:25 paul_p joined #koha
08:34 sophie_m joined #koha
08:58 andrew_ joined #koha
09:08 ashimema morning cait
09:09 ashimema how did the cake turn out?
09:15 cait it looks good, but we haven't tasted it yet
09:15 cait will let you know :)
09:17 ashimema :)
09:59 andreashm joined #koha
10:00 josef_moravec hello ashimema, cait
10:09 vfernandes joined #koha
10:10 cait hi josef_moravec :)
10:12 rkrimme1 joined #koha
10:12 ashimema hi josef
10:13 josef_moravec ashimema: testing some account related patches ;)
10:13 ashimema awesome :)
10:13 cait josef_moravec++ ashimema++ :)
10:13 ashimema I'm currently working my way through alternatives for fixing the mess I've created with setting foreign keys for maanger_id
10:13 cait ashimema: thx for critical qa yesterday too
10:13 ashimema man our database is "fun"
10:15 * ashimema is way behind this month on QA.. was hoping to keep a 'a QA a day'
10:23 andreashm joined #koha
10:51 andreashm joined #koha
11:25 oleonard joined #koha
11:25 oleonard Hi #koha
11:39 kidclamp joined #koha
11:47 oleonard Hi kidclamp
11:47 kidclamp Hi oleonard
11:47 wahanui hi oleopard
12:25 calire1 joined #koha
12:26 caroline1 joined #koha
12:30 oleonard Hi caroline1 and calire
12:30 calire hi oleonard
12:30 wahanui hi oleopard
12:30 oleonard y
12:30 oleonard (excuse me!)
12:36 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22008: Fix failing tests <[…]5d2975033eba2cf0c>
12:45 alex_a joined #koha
12:48 oleonard ashimema around?
12:49 kidclamp he doesn't sleep oleonard, he is under your bed, watching for you
12:49 oleonard For the last time kidclamp I don't have a bed in my office at work. Stop bullying me.
12:50 * kidclamp stuffs himself into a locker
12:51 oleonard That'd be a trick
12:55 dj joined #koha
12:55 BobB joined #koha
12:56 oleonard tcohen around?
12:56 * oleonard checks under his secret office bed
12:57 irma joined #koha
13:00 oleonard barton++ #
13:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #692: STILL UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/692/
13:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #185: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/185/
13:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #198: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/198/
13:16 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22008: (follow-up) Additional test fix and fix typo <[…]5debb194cc63f1d9d>
13:21 caroline1 joined #koha
13:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #693: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/693/
13:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #186: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/186/
13:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #199: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/199/
14:22 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
14:44 fridolin Bug 22596 small and easy
14:44 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22596 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , html TT filter is breaking items search with custom field
14:55 lukeG joined #koha
14:55 oleonard kidclamp: Bug 22399 may need to be reverted... Already two bugs stemming from it...
14:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22399 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, REOPENED , Improve responsive behavior of the basic marc editor
14:59 kidclamp can do oleonard
15:00 oleonard :(
15:00 talljoy morning
15:01 kidclamp do you want me to wait to see if you can fix things?
15:02 oleonard Sure. I'll see how far I can get today
15:02 kidclamp kk, let me know "=_
15:02 kidclamp :-)
15:02 kidclamp got shifted there
15:03 kidclamp it's like a cubist smiley
15:03 ashimema yeay.. it's not just me breaking everything at the moment then :)
15:03 * ashimema pats oleonard on the back
15:03 cait it happens, let's learn from it :)
15:04 ashimema in better news.. my branch all the tests pass
15:04 oleonard It's fair for my ambition to bite me once in a while
15:05 oleonard Any anyway, if that's what it take to trigger the rare appearance of dpavlin it's not all bad
15:05 cait true :)
15:06 ashimema wow
15:06 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22008: (follow-up) Additional fix for bad test <[…]7ce0654ea7bc8bc9e>
15:06 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21622: (RM follow-up) adjust for changes from bug 21282 <[…]16bd0f38d29161290>
15:06 ashimema that's a name I've not seen for ages
15:06 * cait misses dpavlin
15:07 oleonard[…]q9imGHu/giphy.gif
15:08 oleonard ashimema did you see that I poked you on Bug 21582?
15:08 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21582 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Use CodeMirror for *UserJS & *UserCSS
15:09 oleonard I was thinking about that in relation to Bug 22584
15:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Add YAML support for Codemirror
15:09 ashimema I hadn't yet no
15:10 ashimema cool
15:10 oleonard I've obviously got bigger fish to fry today [English idiom alert]
15:10 ashimema well.. the branch I created I think has long since gone I'm afraid
15:10 ashimema hehe
15:10 ashimema it would be awesome to do it.. I don't remember it being an expecially big piece of work either
15:10 oleonard Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to reproduce (he said so confidently)
15:11 ashimema hehe
15:11 oleonard Y'all should see these cool wings I've made for myself out of wax for some reason.
15:11 ashimema lol
15:12 ashimema right now I'm still up to my 'insert local explitive here' in accounts still though.. so won't get to that any time soon :(
15:22 oleonard Am I correct in remembering that ElasticSearch is supposed to improve the reliability of the "show only available" filter on search results?
15:31 calire left #koha
15:37 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #694: FIXED in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/694/
15:37 ashimema :)
15:43 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #187: FIXED in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/187/
15:44 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #200: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/200/
15:57 oleonard kidclamp: I've made progress by discovering even more things Bug 22399 broke, so I'd say go ahead and revert
15:57 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22399 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, REOPENED , Improve responsive behavior of the basic marc editor
16:40 fridolin left #koha
16:47 reiveune bye
16:47 reiveune left #koha
17:21 oleonard Bye all
17:22 cait left #koha
17:28 lukeG joined #koha
18:33 EP joined #koha
18:40 paul_p joined #koha
18:59 kathryn joined #koha
19:04 rangi morning
19:04 rangi hi paul_p
19:21 ashimema hola
19:21 wahanui hola, ashimema
19:28 kidclamp rangi++
19:29 rangi hi kidclamp and ashimema
19:41 lukeG is there a good reason my the notes field on uses a html filter and not a raw filter?
19:43 lukeG *why
19:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:55 ashimema erm.. I would presume it's to prevent one from adding XXS code into the notes field ;)
19:55 ashimema perhaps we think we can trust those people with the rights to create reports not to?
19:55 ashimema lukeG  ^
19:56 ashimema but that fact you've asked makes me wonder if that's what you're attempting to do.. add some code in there?
19:56 oleonard joined #koha
19:57 oleonard Hi again
19:57 rangi hi oleonard
19:57 wahanui hi oleopard
19:58 kathryn I wonder if eythian did that...
19:58 oleonard Yup :)
19:58 kathryn hehe, hi oleonard and all :)
19:59 lukeG ashimema not me in particular, but someone wants to put HTML in there. im wondering if writing a quick patch to change html to raw in that particular case would fly with communtiy. i suspect it was taken out on purpose
19:59 lukeG hi oleonard :)
20:01 cait joined #koha
20:03 ashimema hmm, well I don't think it was intended to allow html in there.. not even sure what sort of character count the field has?
20:04 ashimema but if they can come up with  sane use case it could well get through..
20:04 ashimema meeting?
20:04 ashimema or have I got my timezones wrong
20:04 oleonard I thought so
20:06 ashimema kidclamp about ?
20:06 kidclamp yes
20:06 kidclamp one sec
20:08 ashimema no worries.. I just didn't want to be rude and start it without you
20:08 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019
20:08 huginn` Meeting started Wed Mar 27 20:08:18 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
20:08 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:08 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:08 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_march_2019'
20:08 kidclamp #topic Introductions
20:08 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:08 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens. ByWater Solutions
20:08 kidclamp #chair ashimema
20:08 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema kidclamp
20:08 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
20:09 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:10 ashimema all the trouble makers are here then I see ;)
20:10 ashimema cait
20:10 ashimema rangi was about a little while ago too
20:11 kidclamp maybe not enough to meet?
20:11 kidclamp not that I don't like this company
20:11 rangi #info Chris Cormack
20:11 rangi but yeah, not many of us
20:11 kidclamp that's 4 :-)
20:12 ashimema mm, it does feel quiet this evening
20:12 ashimema I know Josef sent his apologies
20:13 kidclamp I need to choose and send freeze dates, so can do that with an emial for any objections to 20082 followup (using null instead of 0 for manager_id for cron generated fines
20:13 kidclamp or we can do super short meeting :-)
20:14 * ashimema is happy either way
20:14 kidclamp let's do a quick one for the ages and then I will followup tomorrow
20:14 ashimema rangi may well have some thoughts on the null manager_id / system users ideas
20:14 kidclamp #topic Announcements
20:14 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:15 kidclamp rangi added a 'Needs additional work' link on the dashboard
20:15 kidclamp this is helpful when we need release notes or have followups on pushed bugs
20:15 ashimema coolios.. I can pick his brains later
20:15 kidclamp #info new 'needs additional work' link on the dashboard
20:15 ashimema oh, awesome
20:15 ashimema I missed that
20:15 kidclamp any one else?
20:16 ashimema funny, I was talking to someone about what the documentation workflows were only a couple of days ago
20:16 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
20:16 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:17 ashimema thats you mate ;)
20:17 kidclamp trying to keep up with the queue, will push some today ro tomorrow
20:18 kidclamp starting to look more at current bugs to polish things up
20:18 kidclamp we got a lot of big stuff in, so happy right now
20:18 kidclamp will send freeze dates etc shortly
20:18 ashimema coolios
20:19 ashimema #info Nick will be sending out proposed freeze dates soon
20:19 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
20:19 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:19 kidclamp that's you ashi
20:19 ashimema #info Releases went out on Monday
20:20 ashimema all went smoothly from my perspective, we're all getting into the swing of it now :)
20:20 kidclamp huzzah!
20:20 kidclamp Jessem or lukeg?
20:21 ashimema #info 18.11.04 contains the acq rounding bug.. that's probably the most significant bug to get in for 18.11.x series to date.
20:21 ashimema lukeG was about minutes ago
20:22 cait oh sorry, late
20:22 cait not going to #info :)
20:22 ashimema #info 18.05.x and 17.11.x series both had release on Monday this week too.
20:23 ashimema did I imagine that fridolin anounced that this is the penultimate 17.11 he's going to do?
20:24 ashimema shall we move on?
20:24 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA Team
20:24 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA Team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:24 kidclamp cait?
20:24 wahanui well, cait is really good at running into things
20:25 ashimema josef_moravec++ #he's been a qa machine this month!
20:26 cait oops
20:26 ashimema did we loose cait?
20:26 kidclamp heh
20:27 cait no, just my mind is elsewhere a bit
20:27 cait I am trying to catch up on things
20:27 cait probably be able to spend more time the next 2 weeks
20:27 cait #info bugs in the queue have been increasing again, we will try to get it down again
20:28 cait #info thx to the QA team for their great work, keep going!
20:28 cait I'd like to see some usability work on the cash return feature done
20:28 cait also there are a few mana bugs I'd like to get people on
20:29 cait for example we still ask for surname, last name to sign up... which I think we should change
20:29 cait to institutional
20:29 cait i should find the bugs sec
20:30 cait bug 22359
20:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22359 enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve usability of 'change calculation' (bug 11373)
20:30 ashimema is there a tree
20:30 cait dependencyies on bug 17047
20:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17047 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, RESOLVED FIXED, Mana Knowledge Base : share data
20:30 * oleonard has been meaning to look at what Bug 22359 is about but has been too busy cleaning up his messes
20:31 cait I think as those 2 will be highlights in the new release we need to make sure they work well
20:31 * ashimema has also been cleaning up a self made mess
20:31 cait stop making messes people :)
20:31 ashimema ok.. I'll see if I can get to some of the mana stuff soon.. I agree we need it to be a more polished feature before full release
20:32 cait there are quite a lot of serious bugs too - 1 blocker 1 critical 18 major
20:32 cait #info bug 22359 (cash return) and bugs depending on bug 17047 (mana) need some more work before release
20:33 cait #info Also the blockers (1), criticals (1) and majors (18)
20:33 * ashimema is on the case for the blocker, but it'll need QA eyes
20:34 ashimema I'm aware it needs tests still
20:34 cait # there are also quite a few bigger features still in the queue or close to getting there, please do QA :)
20:34 cait hm forgot the info ;)
20:34 cait that's all from me - lots of work all over, as always
20:34 ashimema qa++
20:34 ashimema team++
20:35 cait and sorry for not being about much this month, things have been crazy with work and life in general
20:36 * oleonard also apologizes for having a job and a life
20:37 ashimema :)
20:37 ashimema shall we move on
20:38 cait yep
20:38 ashimema #topic General development discussion
20:38 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:39 ashimema #topic bug 22577 - Adding 'system borrowers' proof of concept
20:39 Topic for #koha is now bug 22577 - Adding 'system borrowers' proof of concept (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22577 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, In Discussion , Cronjobs (and other scripts) should be attributed to a 'real' user
20:39 caroline1 joined #koha
20:40 ashimema After making a bit of mess with bug 22008 by introducing foreign key constraints on manager_id in accountlines and missing somehow that cronscripts all set a user_id of a non-existent user at borrowernumber 0
20:40 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22008 enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, martin.renvoize, Pushed to Master , accountlines.manager_id is missing a foreign key constraint
20:41 ashimema one of the options I thought about was introducing default borrowers that get loaded at install time as part fo the system.. this would allow us to have stricter constraints and miantain data integrity more easily
20:42 cait but what about the constraints on categorycode and branchcode?
20:42 ashimema that code submitted against bug 22577 serves as a proof of concept for that.. I'd be interested in feedback
20:42 ashimema the bug clarifies them
20:43 cait I have to take a closer look, but not friends with the idea so far
20:43 ashimema they were a bit wierd.. in that they were "DEFAULT ''" at the field level but the foreign key constraint meant that the default couldn't actually ever be satisfied
20:44 ashimema in the bug I remove the DEFAULT and I set the fields to allowing NULL
20:44 ashimema its a matter of opinion.. what's better.. allowing 'nulls' to creep in or allows non-existant branchcodes and categorycodes to creep in.
20:45 cait I would have expected them to not allow nul but only valid
20:45 ashimema anywho.. when people have a moment it would be great to get some opinions both on the idea and the implimentation
20:48 ashimema moving on.. anyone hav any other topics?
20:48 kidclamp sorry, on a shib call
20:51 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:51 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:51 ashimema nothing to report here I think
20:53 kidclamp i got nada
20:53 ashimema #topic Next meeting
20:53 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 March 2019)
20:54 ashimema stick to two weeks and earlier time next meeting?
20:54 kidclamp sound good
20:54 oleonard Yes
20:54 kidclamp clamp like
20:56 ashimema so thats 10th april 2pm utc?
20:56 kidclamp Do we usually do 11 UTC?
20:57 kidclamp or is it 13?
20:57 * ashimema is just trying to find a prior meeting
20:57 ashimema 13 is good for me
20:58 ashimema 11 may be too early.. may be in company meetings at that time for me.... but what works well for you kidclamp?
20:59 ashimema i can make 11 work here
21:00 ashimema anyone?
21:00 cait on vacation - not sure what will work yet
21:01 * oleonard will work with whatever
21:01 cait I'll try to too
21:01 kidclamp 13 is probably better
21:01 kidclamp then we aren't up too early, and not caffeinated
21:01 kidclamp sprry
21:01 kidclamp keep getting distracted
21:02 kidclamp ah, you weere right, 14 is th eusual
21:02 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 10 April 2019, 14 UTC
21:03 ashimema cool
21:03 kidclamp #endmeeting
21:03 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:03 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Mar 27 21:03:12 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:03 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-27-20.08.html
21:03 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-03-27-20.08.txt
21:03 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]27-20.08.log.html
21:03 ashimema sorry.. I was looking at my diary
21:03 kidclamp we did it
21:03 ashimema kidclamp++
21:03 oleonard Thanks everyone!
21:03 ashimema thanks
21:03 oleonard kidclamp++
21:03 oleonard ashimema++
21:03 * ashimema turns off computer
21:04 ashimema have a good night/day #koha
21:04 ashimema byeee
21:04 cait bye ashimema
21:04 cait ashimema++
21:05 oleonard See y'all in 38 1/2 hours
23:43 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary