IRC log for #koha, 2018-12-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
02:28 lukeG joined #koha
04:00 Chris joined #koha
04:01 Chris Good afternoon/evening/morning
04:08 alexbuckley hi
04:12 Chris ooh! a person!
04:12 Chris I'm a librarian at an international school in South Korea and I'm looking to make the switch to a real ILS (Koha at this point)... but I have questions
04:13 alexbuckley oh yes what are your questions?
04:14 Chris (I'm new to librarianing so I'm figuring things out) but I gather I can import MARC records and put our whole collection up, and it'll resemble a real library.
04:15 Chris Right now we can only search by title, not even author... so anything is an improvement. My problem lies with the Korean books
04:15 alexbuckley ah yes Koha would certainly be a big improvement for you
04:16 alexbuckley yes so you can batch import marc records into Koha
04:16 Chris 99058
04:16 Chris sorry about that, a student just beeped a barcode haha
04:16 alexbuckley hehe no worries
04:18 Chris any experience/idea if it's possible to search a Korean database? I've been trying to find one but I'm having language issues
04:19 Chris I need to run to a different classroom, I'll sign back on here - there... my life is a mess...
04:19 alexbuckley I personally do not have experience of that however I am sure it is possible Koha is in very wide use worldwide
04:22 alexbuckley righto
04:22 ChrisUpstairs joined #koha
04:23 ChrisUpstairs last I saw it's probably possible because Koha is worldwide :)
04:25 ChrisUpstairs I guess other questions would be: can Koha handle non-English characters? and how difficult would it be to manually enter books into our catalogue?
04:29 alexbuckley yes Koha can handle not english characters and it has extensive translations
04:30 alexbuckley When you say 'how difficult would it be to manually enter books into our catalogue?' do you mean adding books after migrating your catalogue to Koha, i.e. acquisitions?
04:32 ChrisUpstairs that, and if I can't import MARC records from a database, to manually enter information for each Korean book in our library
04:37 alexbuckley You might find this part of the Koha manual useful:[…]l/cataloging.html     Basically when doing acquisitions you can use something called Z39.50 which is where you can find and retrieve bibliographic information about a book from a remote source for example the library of congress, it can really speed up cataloging
04:38 alexbuckley as regards importing marc records from a database that should be possible and there are a number of scripts you can run to clean the data to put it in a useable form to batch import into Koha
04:44 ChrisUpstairs In theory I could batch search ISBN numbers for MARC records, then put those MARC records into Koha?
04:54 ChrisUpstairs I've found the mailing list and will try there. Thanks much for your help alexbuckley!
05:11 alexbuckley no problem chris :)
05:30 Dez joined #koha
06:18 ashimema ChrisUpstairs  still here I wonder?
06:20 ashimema You'll want to make sure you choose the ICU option when you install Koha to get full characterset support for Korean
06:21 ashimema Koha does work with RTL and LTR languages happily
06:22 ashimema Not sure if we're translated into Korean yet.. is where the translations are done.. I'll check the status of that language when I login properly later this morning
06:39 chris1 joined #koha
07:06 calire joined #koha
07:30 kohaputti joined #koha
07:35 cait joined #koha
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:44 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:56 fridolin joined #koha
07:56 laurence joined #koha
07:58 alex_a joined #koha
08:00 paul_p joined #koha
08:01 alex_a bonjour
08:01 wahanui what's up, alex_a
08:22 rkrimme1 joined #koha
08:23 Archie^ joined #koha
08:37 davidnind joined #koha
08:58 AndrewIsh fridolin:  Hi Fridolin. You recently backported Bug 20968 to 17.11.x, which is awesome, thanks. Is there any chance you could also backport Bug 21905 please? It's a tiny patch and fixes a bug in 20968, without it 20968 won't work :-/
08:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20968 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, RESOLVED FIXED, Plugins: Add hooks to enable plugin integration into catalogue
08:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21905 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Plugin hook intranet_catalog_biblio_en​hancements_toolbar_button incorrectly filtered
08:58 fridolin ok i have a look
08:58 AndrewIsh Many thanks :)
08:59 fridolin oh 21905 was not backported to 18.05.x because of dependancies
09:00 ashimema i wasn't entirely sure why that was the case..
09:00 ashimema I meant to ask them
09:00 AndrewIsh Yeah, I just spotted that, I'm not sure what dependencies Lucas is talking about
09:00 fridolin Bug 13618 can be corrected by not using $raw
09:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Add additional template filter methods and a filter presence test to Koha
09:00 AndrewIsh Looks like 18.05.x has 20968, so that's not a problem
09:01 fridolin AndrewIsh: please mail this demand on all Release Maintainers pls
09:01 fridolin we love plugins
09:01 fridolin ;)
09:01 ashimema hehe
09:02 AndrewIsh fridolin:  No problem, what's the email address for that, sorry to have to ask?
09:02 fridolin there is not really one ;)
09:02 AndrewIsh Lol, OK, fair enough :)
09:02 fridolin its me and Lucas
09:03 * ashimema will pass on the list
09:03 fridolin you can find our mails in Bugzilla
09:03 AndrewIsh fridolin:  Ah yes, of course, thanks
09:03 fridolin your welcome
09:04 ashimema or AndrewIsh we could just catch Jesse and Lucas in slack this afternoon
09:04 AndrewIsh Yeah, true, well, either works. Email might be better as their presence on Slack is variable I think
09:10 Archie^ What excatly is Correlation between Biblio, BiblioItems and Items table. I get Biblio stores records of all books, items are... well items in libraries. What is Biblioitems for?
09:13 chris2 joined #koha
09:28 kohaputti joined #koha
09:29 josef_moravec joined #koha
09:34 fridolin Archie^: there is a recent mail on that
09:35 Archie^ fridolin: i'm afraid i am on in the mailing list
09:36 fridolin http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]or-td6002906.html
09:36 fridolin Archie^: here
09:36 fridolin note that in Koha >= 17.11 there is biblio_metadata containing MARC data
09:37 fridolin marcxml actually
09:37 Archie^ aye gracias fridolin
09:37 fridolin and maybe someday other format like DC
09:37 fridolin for me biblio = biblioitems, its a one to one relation
09:38 fridolin items is the storage of 952 (995 unimarc) fields
10:19 kohaputti joined #koha
11:30 kohaputti joined #koha
12:06 JesseM AndrewIsh: I pushed that for you to 18.05 :)
12:06 AndrewIsh JesseM++
12:06 AndrewIsh Thanks very much JesseM :)
12:06 ashimema awesome
12:07 JesseM You're welcome. If there is anything else please let me know.
12:07 AndrewIsh Thanks :)
12:08 AndrewIsh fridolin:  Any chance of 21905 getting into 17.11.13 now JesseM has pushed it into 18.05? Pretty please :-D
12:10 fridolin AndrewIsh: i'm on it
12:10 fridolin but coffeeeeeee first
12:10 fridolin ;)
12:11 AndrewIsh fridolin++
12:17 JesseM fridolin: wait a few minutes. I might need to fix this patch
12:26 JesseM AndrewIsh: I don't think 21905 is needed for 18.05. Bug was introduced in master. Should need this bug
12:26 JesseM Shouldn't need this patch
12:27 fridolin k
12:27 JesseM I need more coffee now.
12:28 fridolin JesseM: be careful not to add $raw TT filter, juste remove this filter
12:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #141: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/141/
12:29 JesseM There is not html filter in 18.05 though
12:30 ashimema do you not have the pre-push hook that checks for $raw JesseM?
12:32 oleonard Hi all
12:34 fridolin ashimema: oh i dont
12:34 fridolin where is it ?
12:34 AndrewIsh Ah, JesseM you're absolutely right! FFS, what an idiot I am.
12:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #144: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/144/
12:35 fridolin bug 21905
12:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21905 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Plugin hook intranet_catalog_biblio_en​hancements_toolbar_button incorrectly filtered
12:36 fridolin ahh its a bug not an enancement
12:36 JesseM ashimema: I need to figure out why my pre-push hooks are not working
12:36 fridolin enhancement
12:37 fridolin you may test Koha 17.11 with plugin[…]gin-kitchen-sink/
12:37 ashimema Joubu and I came up with that one for Jesse and Lucas.. help them out with the $raw's.. I sorta preusmed that by the time patchs got to you the $raw should already have been removed Frido so i didn't copy it to you
12:38 fridolin ashimema: of course ;)
12:39 ashimema oh.. so you're struggling with the pre-push hook are you Jesse?
12:41 JesseM first off it actually helps if I add that to my pre-push hooks
12:43 ashimema
12:43 JesseM Just added what you sent  over ashimema. I should be good going forward.
12:43 ashimema that's the hooked I ended up with in it's entirety for 18.05.x
12:43 ashimema and it just sits in kohaclone/.git/hooks/pre-push
12:43 eythian Someone just demoed something to me that allows you to inject a non-breaking breakpoint into running Perl code. So you could have a sub that, say, dumps the variable values when this point is hit, or make a stacktrace, etc. But you can modify the config of it at runtime, for exploring what a program is doing. You could, in theory, also inject your own Perl code. It's like Erlang debugging.
12:44 ashimema :)
12:44 JesseM Thanks ashimema
12:44 Joubu o/
12:44 eythian You can even explore production, as normally it doesn't do anything until you ask it to, so if prod is acting up you can have a look into it without restarting it.
12:44 ashimema wow eythian
12:44 eythian It'll hopefully be on CPAN soon, it was just written yesterday.
12:45 eythian Keep an eye open for Devel::Probe
12:45 * ashimema will
12:46 ashimema you may need to adapt that slightly to allow two commiters JesseM
12:46 ashimema as you and Lucas are sharing the role
12:50 alex_a joined #koha
12:57 JesseM ashimema++
12:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #145: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/145/
13:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #128: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/128/
13:10 Joubu JesseM: 18.05 is failing because of[…]docker/issues/103
13:10 Joubu It is expected. I wanted to confirm that the removal of Cache::Memory fixed the selenium tests (it did!)
13:12 ashimema Brill.. I thought that was the problem
13:12 ashimema So, we need to update the docket a bit
13:13 Joubu I am wondering what's best, maybe the tests should pass (skip) if memcached is not configured
13:14 Joubu well, 18.05 images should have memcached setup correctly
13:19 ashimema Indeed
13:19 ashimema I meant to ask.. do we even suggest we fully support koha with any caching?
13:19 ashimema Or is memcached basically required these days
13:20 davidnind left #koha
13:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #142: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/142/
13:27 Joubu the about page displays a red alert is memcached is not configured
13:28 ashimema Indeed.. so in reality is a requirement these days and not just a recommendation..
13:28 ashimema My point is.. some of the tests that are failing probably shouldn't be failing right now if we suggest we support a no caching environment
13:29 fridolin suceeeeeessss
13:29 ashimema Huh
13:34 Joubu s/is/if # sloooowwww today!
13:35 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #145: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/145/
13:37 oleonard Joubu: Testing Bug 21993, is it normal that I get a 404 error for /cgi-bin/koha/members/ ?
13:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21993 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Be userfriendly when the CSRF token is wrong
13:38 Joubu oleonard: turn on the pref
13:39 Joubu search for "key", cannot remember the name exactly (and not on master right now)
13:39 wahanui joined #koha
13:39 Joubu sorry wahanui
13:39 Joubu wahanui: Sorry!
13:39 wahanui Joubu: huh?
13:39 oleonard RESTOAuth2ClientCredentials ?
13:40 AndrewIsh joined #koha
13:40 Joubu nope
13:41 oleonard Interesting... I gets rid of the 404 :D
13:42 Joubu yes!
13:42 Joubu indeed that was the one
13:45 caroline joined #koha
13:56 Archie^ is it possible to just delete whole bibliographic records like it does during -d ?
14:00 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec 19 14:00:50 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_19_december_2018'
14:00 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe, UK
14:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:01 kidclamp HI all!  Meeting time
14:01 ashimema hi kidclamp
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 Joubu qa_team?
14:02 Joubu huginn: qa_team?
14:02 huginn Joubu: I suck
14:02 blou joined #koha
14:02 Joubu qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, Cheeseland
14:04 blou #info Philippe Blouin, inLibro, Québec
14:05 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:06 kidclamp Anyone?
14:06 ashimema Release Day imminent
14:06 ashimema we'll be releases early this maint cycle (to give drojf a chance to package without eating into xmas)
14:06 ashimema 20th (tomorrow) is the day
14:08 fridolin dev should know about Bug 21955
14:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21955 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Cache::Memory should not be used as L2 cache
14:09 fridolin it was a very ugly bug when enableing plack ;)
14:10 ashimema probably worth highlighting it at the top of the release notes for each maint release
14:10 Joubu devs know already, I sent an email to the list ;)
14:10 ashimema more for admins I'm thinking.. to make sure they double check their config for memcached is setup proper
14:10 ashimema :)
14:11 ashimema anywho.. moving on?
14:11 kidclamp #info Release for stable a bit early to avoid christmas rush
14:12 kidclamp #info admins should review their memcached config in light of bug 21955
14:12 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
14:12 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:12 kidclamp I will push some bugs today to give time for release, next week will begin pushing enhancements again
14:12 Joubu #info Double check the memcached config on the Koha's about page
14:13 ashimema awesome
14:13 ashimema kidclamp++
14:14 kidclamp Would like to see movement on ES bugs and Mana and other big things, but lots of work has been done and things seem good, thank you all for work on last release
14:14 kidclamp that's it for me
14:15 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:15 ashimema do we have JesseM or Lucas?
14:15 Joubu rmaint?
14:15 Joubu rmaints?
14:15 wahanui rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:16 ashimema From me.. we're moving forward nicely.. I'm all up to date on my queue
14:16 fridolin 17.11.13 will be the 21st
14:16 ashimema oh.. we need to update that :)
14:16 JesseM I am here
14:16 fridolin nothing special
14:16 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS
14:17 ashimema anything you want to say about 18.05.x rmaint JesseM?
14:17 Joubu rmaints is ashimema (18.11), JesseM and lukeG (18.05), and fridolin (17.11) are the Release Maintainers
14:17 ashimema #info 18.11.01 due for release 20th December, packages to follow soon after
14:17 JesseM Yes. rmaint is not easy. :)
14:17 ashimema #info 17.11.13 due for release 21st December, packages to follow soon after
14:17 JesseM But we're learning. Thank you all for your help
14:18 kidclamp #chair ashimema
14:18 huginn Current chairs: ashimema kidclamp
14:18 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:18 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema kidclamp
14:18 ashimema #info 18.05.x new rmaints are learning fast :)
14:18 ashimema ops
14:18 ashimema oops
14:19 ashimema good luck on your first release guys :)
14:19 kidclamp anything else?
14:19 JesseM Thanks
14:20 fridolin i'm good
14:20 ashimema all good from me too
14:20 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:20 ashimema cait sends her apologies.. she's out giving blood
14:20 ashimema cait++
14:21 ashimema from cait:
14:21 ashimema same team, same work... bit slow because of holidays
14:21 Joubu #info NQA queue is quite big but nothing critical
14:22 ashimema so... generally QA is going well.. the regular qa team mailer is going out weekly
14:22 Joubu lot of new ft and enh
14:22 ashimema quiet for the holidays but will pickup in the new year and we'll get back on track
14:22 Joubu 3 maj however, would be good to see them processed
14:22 * ashimema will try to jump on those this evening if no-one else beats him to it
14:23 kidclamp ashimema++
14:23 ashimema that's probably it for qa update
14:23 ashimema cait didn't leave me any other messages
14:23 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:23 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:24 ashimema I'm trialing the use of a kanban view for our bugzilla.. but I've not really used it enough yet to promote it
14:25 ashimema https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]
14:25 ashimema think we may need to tidy up our bugzilla status's a bit (as proposed in a previous meeting) before itll become especially helpful
14:26 ashimema nothing else from me..
14:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #129: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/129/
14:26 Joubu I told it yesterday already: IMO the big issue of that tool is that it only supports bug reports
14:27 Joubu which will limit its utility
14:27 ashimema perhaps.. but then perhaps we could start using bz to track more than just bugs..
14:28 Joubu I would be happy to help improving it if needed, but it will not answer my needs
14:28 ashimema as i said.. early thoughts at the moment.. and I wanted to catch you in particular to see what your goals are ;)
14:28 Joubu we move our side-projects to gitlab, and ask people to open issues there :)
14:28 Joubu moved*
14:29 ashimema kidclamp has some ideas for the new year too I believe
14:29 ashimema ?
14:29 kidclamp I am looking at things,  hoping to find a good path
14:29 kidclamp but nothing to share at the moment
14:30 thd joined #koha
14:30 Joubu I would like to highlight:
14:30 Joubu We need opinions, remarks, counter-patches, etc. on bug 21610. That's a big changes that need to see approved/rejected by the dev team. It also blocks the implementation of bug 21761.
14:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21610 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Koha::Object->store needs to handle incorrect values
14:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21761 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha::Object supports passing through 'update' which means we can side step 'set' + 'store'
14:31 ashimema I intend to pick back up on that one over xmas when heopfully I have a bit less on my plate
14:31 ashimema need a clear head to contemplate it
14:32 Joubu #info We need opinions, remarks, counter-patches, etc. on bug 21610. That's a big changes that need to see approved/rejected by the dev team. It also blocks the implementation of bug 21761.
14:32 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, visiting California
14:33 ashimema I also seek agreement to bug 22026
14:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove `use  Modern::Perl` from Koha::REST::classes
14:34 ashimema and adding a corresponding guidline to allow through qa in this case (as right now we require Modern::Perl I believe)
14:35 Joubu "we limit ourselves to supporting perl 5.10" hum?
14:35 ashimema it's right there on the about page
14:36 cait joined #koha
14:36 ashimema we require 5.10.. with conversely means we're commited to supporting back to 5.10
14:36 ashimema and as such we can't use any features introduced since 5.10 ;)
14:36 Joubu 5.20 since 2 y
14:36 * ashimema would love that to change too
14:36 kohaputti joined #koha
14:36 cait meeting over?
14:36 ashimema hi cait
14:36 kidclamp not yet :-)
14:37 ashimema nope.. still on
14:37 cait sorry for being late
14:37 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:37 cait Release notes state Perl 5.10 is required
14:37 ashimema that's where I saw it
14:37 ashimema not the about page
14:37 ashimema I knew I'd picked it out from somewhere
14:38 ashimema so you say we made the decision to up to 5.20 2y back did we Joubu
14:38 cait #link Perl version requirement
14:38 ashimema we should update the release-tools template to state that :)
14:39 Joubu ashimema: actually we did not, the patch has been reverted
14:39 Joubu I was refering to bug 20104
14:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20104 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, CLOSED INVALID, Update minimum version of Perl to 5.20 because of caller()
14:40 ashimema 5.20 is a safe bet these days.. don't know of any distros older than that
14:40 Joubu and koha-devel topic "Koha now requires Perl 5.20" from April 2018
14:41 thd What version of Perl is in Long Term Stable?
14:41 Joubu all the info is on the koha-devel topic
14:42 ashimema so.. 5.20.2
14:42 ashimema for LTS thd
14:42 thd Good :)
14:42 Joubu we can move on and continue the discussion on the bug report, or ML thread
14:42 ashimema so yeah.. if we decided that we should update the release tools (I can do that)
14:43 ashimema but either way.. as we're using Mojo::Base in all REST classes then we don't need the extra noise of Modern::Perl as Mojo::Base turns on all the same pragmas
14:43 kidclamp okay, moving on, will you send an email ashimema ?
14:43 ashimema sure
14:44 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:44 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:44 ashimema moing on
14:44 kidclamp moo
14:46 kidclamp :-)
14:46 kidclamp I don't think we have anything in guidelines to review?
14:46 ashimema :)
14:47 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:47 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 19 December 2018)
14:48 kidclamp January 9 2019, 20 UTC?
14:48 kidclamp three weeks because of new year
14:48 kidclamp oh, that is general meeting
14:49 kidclamp 16th?
14:49 ashimema +1
14:49 cait works for me
14:49 ashimema before or after works for me
14:50 ashimema before would work better
14:50 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 16 January 2019, 20 UTC
14:50 ashimema do 19 UTC?
14:50 kidclamp heh, sorry
14:50 ashimema sory..
14:50 * ashimema got confused
14:52 Joubu #info Next meeting: 16 January 2019, 19 UTC
14:52 Joubu end?
14:52 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:52 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:52 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec 19 14:52:58 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:52 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-19-14.00.html
14:52 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-12-19-14.00.txt
14:52 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]19-14.00.log.html
14:53 kidclamp can you fix the time like that joubu? I thought the script got confused?
14:53 Joubu it will pick the last one
14:53 ashimema awsome
14:53 ashimema thanks all
14:54 ashimema just in time for me to do the school run :)
14:56 kidclamp thanks all!
15:11 cait Joubu: did you see yesterday's web installer bugß
15:11 cait ?
15:12 cait Bug 22024
15:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22024 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Update translated web installer files with new class splitting rules
15:12 thd Joubu, ashimema: Have you considered the possibility of having each tool do what it is best at and integrate between them allowing bugs to be added to bugzilla and integrated with taigo automatically?
15:12 thd[…]rations/webhooks/
15:13 Joubu cait: yes, it's on my list
15:13 cait ok thx!
15:13 cait i was hoping we could push it to 18.11.1 till, but not sure if that#s realisitc
15:14 cait ... and I can't type toda
15:14 cait y
15:14 Joubu thd: I wrote a script to update the kanban depending on the bz statuses
15:14 thd Very good :)
15:15 Joubu[…]m-1711/wiki/about - "The status (column) of cards representing a bug from bugzilla (starts with "Bug 12345") will be updated automatically."
15:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Can't Clear Reading History for Anonymous patron
15:24 thd Joubu: Beware of people developing gitlab currently using an open core model where some features remain proprietary.
15:28 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:39 fridolin JesseM: You must say you reverted on Bug 21905
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21905 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Plugin hook intranet_catalog_biblio_en​hancements_toolbar_button incorrectly filtered
15:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
16:02 reiveune bye
16:02 reiveune left #koha
16:06 calire left #koha
16:20 fridolin left #koha
16:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #143: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/143/
16:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #146: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/146/
16:33 alex_a joined #koha
16:42 oleonard I managed to miss the meeting without getting all the things assigned to me?
16:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #146: STILL UNSTABLE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/146/
16:50 lukeG_ joined #koha
16:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #130: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/130/
16:55 greenjimll joined #koha
17:03 Nemo_bis kohaputti:
17:22 greenjimll joined #koha
17:48 greenjimll joined #koha
17:49 Joubu thd: I do not see why/how it could be a problem for us
18:24 JesseM Joubu: Are you fixing memcached on Jenkins?
18:26 Joubu JesseM: more or less. I did a PR on koha-testing-docker, it needs to be merged
18:26 Joubu JesseM:[…]docker/issues/103 # This is the issue to track
18:27 Joubu JesseM: did you break everything again?
18:27 Joubu ;)
18:27 JesseM I hope not
18:32 oleonard Joubu: Could you please add a test plan to Bug 21987?
18:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21987 normal, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Local cover 'thumbnail' size is bigger than 'imagefile' size in biblioimages table
18:34 Joubu I wanted Andreas to confirm it fixes his issue. But I can provide a test plan, yes
18:41 rangi ashimema: you about?
18:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #147: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/147/
18:52 laurence left #koha
18:54 greenjimll joined #koha
18:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #147: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/147/
19:00 ashimema Just reading bedtime stories.. be back in a few minutes
19:01 oleonard Hi rangi and ashimema's kids
19:02 ashimema Millie says hi back
19:02 ashimema As does Alice all the way from wonderland
19:02 rangi :)
19:09 ashimema Fire away 😀, girls are now happily in bed looking forward to seeing about the mad world's in Alice's head.. amazing that both my 3 year old and my 9 year old like those stories
19:09 ashimema Dreaming.. even
19:09 rangi oh nothing important was just saying i got the spaces working in the kanban i escape them to __ on the way in, and back out on the way back out
19:15 ashimema Oh cool, well done and thanks
19:15 ashimema Hoping to have a bit more time over Xmas to really consider how I wanted to promote and use it as a tool
19:17 ashimema And get Joubu's thoughts on what we might want to do to improve collaboration/communication otherwise
19:23 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #144: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/144/
19:40 oleonard Joubu: Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem described in Bug 21987
19:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21987 normal, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Local cover 'thumbnail' size is bigger than 'imagefile' size in biblioimages table
19:40 oleonard (as far as I can tell?)
19:57 Joubu oleonard: iirc I recreated with koha-logo.png
19:58 Joubu nope
19:59 oleonard I'll try again tomorrow. Bye all
19:59 Joubu yep, confirmed with koha-logo.png:
20:00 Joubu MariaDB [koha_kohadev]> select length(imagefile), length(thumbnail) from biblioimages;
20:00 Joubu +-------------------+-------------------+
20:00 Joubu | length(imagefile) | length(thumbnail) |
20:00 Joubu +-------------------+-------------------+
20:00 Joubu |              2433 |             11764 |
20:00 Joubu +-------------------+-------------------+
20:57 TGoat joined #koha
20:57 TGoat hello koha channel
20:58 TGoat hey, can anyone tell the name of the PlayStore Koha app?
20:58 TGoat the app for devices
20:58 TGoat I think it was Katico??
21:06 kidclamp bug 8426 would be cool to have
21:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8426 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Diacritics not being mapped for searching (Non-ICU)
22:11 Boost joined #koha
22:18 cait joined #koha
22:37 cdickinson_ joined #koha
22:39 alohalog` joined #koha
22:40 Boost joined #koha
23:21 TGoat left #koha
23:30 caroline good night!
23:39 lukeG joined #koha
23:44 papa joined #koha
23:51 caroline joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary