IRC log for #koha, 2018-11-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:34 dcook Now to figure out why KohaTable and DataTable are giving me a result with different methods..
00:34 dcook Or rather.. different attributes I guess. Oh.. I wonder..
00:35 dcook Ahh I see
00:35 * dcook curses profusely
00:38 * Francesca is curious
00:38 dcook Meee too heh
00:38 dcook Me being out of touch I'm sure
00:39 wizzyrea is this the thing that makes it so you can have configurable table columns?
00:39 dcook That was yesterday heh
00:39 dcook That drove me a bit nuts
00:39 dcook Today it's ajax with KohaTable
00:39 dcook it worked fine with DataTable
00:40 dcook But with KohaTable... I think maybe it uses a different version of datatables
00:40 dcook Which is fair enough but just unexpected
00:41 dcook Can't find any ajax examples with KohaTable...
00:42 dcook checkouts.js here we go..
00:43 dcook Oh or maybe KohaTable is older
00:43 dcook Here's what I was using:[…]api/ajax.reload()
00:47 dcook Should be on DataTables 1.10.10...
00:52 dcook oh Yes DataTable and KohaTable return very very different results...
00:52 * dcook sighs
00:55 dcook I think KohaTable uses the legacy API..
01:03 dcook Think I may have figured it out...
01:03 dcook Hurray!
01:05 wizzyrea yay!
01:05 dcook Basically yeah... diferent return values
01:05 dcook But if you just tack on a .dataTable().api() to the end of the KohaTable return value, then you're all right
01:05 dcook Obviously :p
01:06 * dcook doesn't want to count the number of minutes just wasted...
01:06 dcook 32 minutes O_O
01:06 dcook Well I'm not getting that part of my life back
01:32 Impulse joined #koha
02:04 dcook Now onto encoding issues which are much more time consuming >_<
02:08 Francesca joined #koha
02:22 lavamind # koha-list | wc -l
02:22 lavamind 119
02:23 lavamind ^ and that is how you teach an ILS to students :D
02:23 lavamind this is on a VM with 4 GB of RAM
02:24 lavamind thanks to mojolicious
02:24 lavamind (and you all of course heh)
02:24 dcook O_o
02:25 dcook Tell me more heh
02:25 lavamind where to start lol
02:25 dcook What's the bug number again?
02:26 lavamind 20582 and 20630
02:26 wahanui 41212
02:31 dcook Cooool
02:32 lavamind I wrote an small script to manage the indexing
02:32 lavamind by using file-based sessions I can check for active web sessions before hitting the database to look for pending records
02:32 dcook A few months ago I wrote a small script to manage indexing too heh
02:32 dcook Iiinteresting
02:33 dcook I do a count query for each database's zebra queue
02:33 dcook It goes pretty fast but still not as many as 119 databases..
02:33 dcook Then I fork off an indexing process per instance
02:33 lavamind dcook: right, you want to avoid having to run 119 queries every minute
02:33 dcook And use file locking to make sure I don't retry to index the same index too often
02:33 dcook I'm probably doing about 70 every minute and don't notice a thing
02:34 dcook Or maybe it's every 5 minutes
02:34 * dcook checks
02:34 dcook But my servers are also waaaaay more powerful
02:34 dcook Oh my bad
02:34 lavamind dcook:
02:34 dcook Every 5 seconds
02:35 lavamind I have it at 2 minutes right now
02:35 lavamind I want to see how it goes with 40 students hitting it all at once :P
02:36 lavamind you can see I put the sessions files in /run so it's all in memory
02:38 dcook I might be missing something but why don't you have koha-rebuild-zebra in your loop?
02:38 * dcook reads more
02:40 dcook Oh I see what mine does. Mine doens't run every 5 seconds. Rather, it checks the counts for all instances, and forks off an indexer for anything that needs indexing done, and then waits 5 seconds before it starts all over..
02:40 * dcook is not a big fan of polling
02:41 dcook Of course, if we had a message queue...
02:41 dcook Now back to my actual problem heh
02:41 lavamind dcook: I run one /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra command for all the instances that need indexing
02:41 dcook Ahhh
02:41 lavamind it does the iterations itself
02:41 dcook I don't use the debian packages so I'm not super familiar with the debian commands
02:42 dcook That's cool
02:42 dcook And good on you for using the Mojolicious patches
02:42 lavamind dcook: sorry to bother you :P
02:42 dcook Nah, I find it super interesting
02:42 dcook I'd love to use the Mojolicious patches but... time and risk :/
02:42 dcook So please post about your experiences on Bugzilla. I'd love to hear how you go.
02:42 dcook I'm sure many of us would
02:42 lavamind right right... doesn't make much sense for traditional deployments to be sure
02:43 dcook How do you mean?
02:43 * dcook is wondering what on earth is double-encoding his strings..
02:43 lavamind deploying one instance per site
02:43 dcook Traditional outside of Koha maybe
02:43 lavamind one big fat instance
02:43 dcook Mm
02:44 dcook Even with the packages, I guess it was never really multitenant
02:44 dcook Just lots of little instances
02:44 dcook Pseudo-multitenant
02:44 lavamind it got us far enough, until we had to move away from 3.08 heheh
02:44 Francesca joined #koha
02:44 lavamind but this, it's another game, it's so much faster
02:44 dcook PV = 0xa6029c0 "Knihovna \303\232st\303\255"\0 [UTF8 "Knihovna \x{da}st\x{ed}"]
02:45 dcook I know "Knihovna \x{da}st\x{ed}" is right. Curious what "Knihovna \303\232st\303\255" means though..
02:45 dcook lavamind: Yeah I think to really support multiple instances it's the way to go
02:46 dcook Although rewriting Koha to be more MVC would be great
02:46 dcook Actually, I was thinking how the Mojolicious patches could help ease into that
02:46 dcook Slowly start replacing CGI scripts with routes in Mojolicious...
02:47 lavamind multitenancy is great for a) enabling SaaS deployments and b) education
02:47 * dcook doesn't love being wedded to a particular framework... but controllers should be thin anyway...
02:47 dcook lavamind: Both big use cases for Koha heh
02:48 lavamind well there you go
02:49 dcook So I'm getting valid UTF-8 from my client... but then my server is screwing it up..
02:49 dcook Even though the log makes it look like it's valid..
02:50 dcook Or maybe it's the socket connection on the client end too..
02:56 dcook Hmm valid UTF-8 on the server...
02:56 wizzyrea is your database in the utf-8 character set?
02:57 dcook Definitely
02:57 dcook This is an issue of Koha sending data over a UNIX socket and then getting the same data back... but it being double encoded
02:57 wizzyrea ah
02:58 dcook I think I'm narrowing it down..
03:00 dcook Hmm today is Friday... this is a suitable Friday problem
03:00 dcook wizzyrea: It's my own code which makes this worse... heh
03:02 Francesca joined #koha
03:02 dcook Leaves the client OK, arrives at the server OK, leaves the server OK... arrives at the client BAD
03:03 dcook Must be something we're doing for utf8 handling elsewhere in Koha I reckon..
03:04 dcook Or the output on my server..
03:05 dcook Hrm
03:05 dcook One direction is good and one direction is bad..
03:05 dcook Hmm I should be able to use netcat as a client..
03:06 lavamind one direction is both good and bad?
03:06 dcook Or that
03:07 lavamind I wouldn't know, never listen to them
03:07 dcook I should know soon enough I think
03:08 dcook netcat-openbsd++
03:12 dcook Oh jeez I'm so confused but it looks like the server
03:12 dcook As netcat looks like it's getting the same badness
03:13 dcook Except not... so confused
03:20 Francesca joined #koha
03:24 dcook I thought I had my head around encodings...
03:24 dcook Oh wait I'm using a different terminal..
03:36 dcook Thought I fixed it and made it much worse >_<
03:47 dcook The only valid UTF-8 strings are those that Perl isn't marking internally
03:47 dcook Ok then..
03:55 Francesca joined #koha
04:00 dcook Yep looks like something on the Koha end...
04:00 dcook Or on the output of the server.. gahh
04:01 dcook But have to decode it on the client side..
04:05 dcook So the valid UTF8 bytes show wrong on Koha
04:05 dcook But the invalid UTF8 bytes show right on Koha...
04:06 dcook Wtf..
04:17 dcook It worked because it's encoded as Latin-1 and I'm guessing Chrome is showing everything as Latin-1...
04:18 dcook Oh yeah. I try to send Chinese and it's batshit again
05:05 dcook Ohhh yeah I think I've nearly got it
05:05 dcook Silly me
05:05 dcook So obvious in the end...
05:06 dcook Ahhh not quite
05:13 Francesca joined #koha
05:18 dcook Woohoo. Solved it.
05:18 dcook I was reversing the Encode functions >_<
05:18 dcook decode = octets -> characters, encode = characters -> octets
05:19 dcook I think about it as encoding octets to get characters...
05:19 dcook And decoding characters to get octets..
05:55 km joined #koha
06:01 Francesca joined #koha
06:04 dcook Hmm
06:04 dcook ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 4325: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
06:05 dcook Didn't have a problem loading this schema in yesterday...
06:05 km joined #koha
06:05 dcook Ah but I changed it..
06:05 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:10 dcook Ahh I see
06:10 dcook heya josef_moravec
06:10 wahanui josef_moravec is using this "manual" when building packages: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es_-_The_Easy_Way
06:10 dcook Almost resolved most things :p
06:10 josef_moravec 下午好 dcook
06:10 josef_moravec ;)
06:11 dcook 早上好 ;)
06:11 josef_moravec dcook: one more comment come to my mind: you do not need to use ->new before ->find and ->search
06:11 dcook Running into an unrelated/related problem
06:11 dcook Hmm I think I tried without it and it didn't work?
06:12 dcook That's why I added it :S
06:12 dcook Actually I shouldn't be on IRC>.
06:12 josef_moravec when you have Koha::Objects based class, it should not be needed
06:12 dcook I've been all day in an office without air conditioning
06:12 dcook @wunder syd
06:12 huginn dcook: Sydney, Australia :: Partly Cloudy :: 100F/38C | Friday: Showers and thunderstorms early. Lows overnight in the mid 70s. Friday Night: Scattered thunderstorms during the evening. Partly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 76F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
06:12 km Hi
06:12 * dcook is grumpy and not in a good mood for talking to humans heh
06:12 josef_moravec @wunder Prague
06:12 huginn josef_moravec: Prague, Czech Republic :: Clear :: 39F/4C | Wind Chill: 35F/2C | Friday: Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 56F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%. Friday Night: Showers early, then cloudy overnight. Low 46F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
06:12 dcook hi km
06:13 dcook josef_moravec: any ideas about "ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 4326: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes"?
06:13 dcook I think it's because of the 4 byte utf8 collation..
06:13 josef_moravec urf8mb4 related
06:13 km Can we export catalogue details in to Excel from KOHA with cover page images of books?
06:13 dcook josef_moravec: Are there any tips on avoiding the error?
06:13 dcook km: I am afraid I don't understand the question
06:14 dcook You mean URLs to cover images?
06:14 dcook Or actually inserting images into a spreadsheet?
06:15 josef_moravec dcook: is this error on varchar(255) type of column? Then change it to VARCHAR(191)
06:15 km okay. I wanted to export Bibliographic details from KOHA in to Excel file.Can get the cover page images of each book in the exported Excel file?
06:15 dcook josef_moravec: It doesn't say but yeah I think that's the issue
06:15 dcook km: I'm afraid I still don't understand what you're trying to ask. Maybe someone else will understand better.
06:15 josef_moravec if you look to kohastructure.sql you will see many varchar(191) columns
06:15 dcook heh I was trying to find those as examples
06:16 dcook I must not be looking far enough
06:16 dcook hopefully varchar(191) will be enough
06:16 km Hi dcook
06:16 dcook I guess we'll see
06:17 josef_moravec dcook: or you can just make the key of length 191
06:17 km It is actually inserting images into a spreadsheet
06:17 josef_moravec see authorised_values table definition
06:17 dcook josef_moravec: The error doesn't really tell me anything other than the table is the problem
06:17 josef_moravec dcook: unfortunately :(
06:18 dcook Ah but since it's a key..
06:18 km hi dcook
06:18 dcook It must mean the unique key I'm making
06:18 josef_moravec yes, when it is not key, it is not problem
06:18 dcook km: I'm going to say no
06:19 dcook The key is a compound key of two varchar(255) fields :'(
06:19 km please answer
06:19 dcook km: I have
06:20 * dcook ponders
06:20 josef_moravec dcook: do you mean oai_record key in oai_harvester_biblios
06:20 josef_moravec ?
06:20 dcook josef_moravec: yeah that's the one I'm looking at
06:23 josef_moravec so then maybe have table oai_harvester_repositories and oai_harvester_biblios.oai_repository foreign key to it?
06:24 josef_moravec but it is relatively big change :(
06:24 dcook yeah I was just thinking that :/
06:24 * dcook sighs
06:24 dcook I've already spent all day working on this when I probably should've spent 0 hours on it :(
06:25 dcook And now it's irreparably broken for now :/
06:25 dcook Well not irreparably per se..
06:26 * dcook checks the thermostat. Apparently it's only 28C indoors ;)
06:28 kohaputti Hi, coding help needed! https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]cgi?id=19893#c197 is it good idea to put a syspref that store search index status, e.g. INDEX_STATUS_OK, INDEX_STATUS_REINDEX_REQUIRED, INDEX_STATUS_RECREATE_REQUIRED?
06:28 huginn Bug 19893: enhancement, P1 - high, ---, glasklas, Needs Signoff , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
06:28 dcook josef_moravec: probably would've been a worthwhile change anyway
06:28 kohaputti like can sysprefs be used other than user customizable things or should in this case new table be created / something else?
06:30 dcook I wonder if I even need that unique key..
06:34 kohaputti dcook, hi!
06:38 * dcook waves
06:38 dcook Actually 191 is pretty long...
06:38 dcook It is unlikely that I'll hit that limit
06:39 josef_moravec dcook: the identifier is the first? isn't it? Then it could be OK...
06:39 dcook Yeah the identifier is first, so even if it did get truncated it would still be ok
06:40 dcook I only include both because technically you could have duplicate identifiers across different repositories...
06:40 dcook But in practice I don't think that would actually happen
06:40 dcook I mean technically I think a url could be like 2083 characters
06:40 dcook So I'm already restricting it by saying 255..
06:40 josef_moravec but usually the idntifier is prefixed and sometimes the prefix could be really long, lik
06:41 dcook Hmm
06:41 dcook By that token, I should have separate tables for both identifiers and repositories :/
06:41 dcook Or remove the constraint and handle it a different way
06:41 josef_moravec for now, i am for constrain it, as i most cases it would be ok
06:42 josef_moravec we could enhance it on another report in the future
06:42 dcook I think the same
06:42 dcook There may be other hurdles along the way that are more important
06:42 josef_moravec exactly
06:42 dcook Can't believe it took me so long to work out the encoding bug today.. heh
06:43 josef_moravec it is sometimes tricky
06:44 josef_moravec and error messages from mysql are usually horrible
06:44 josef_moravec I always have to google it to understand what thay mean
06:44 dcook In this case... actually I don't know what the encoding issue was
06:44 dcook The data in mysql was ok
06:45 dcook I think Perl was getting confused on one end of the socket between the harvester and the web ui
06:45 dcook So I added some explicit encoding functions so that it knew when things were bytes vs characters and that did the trick
06:45 josef_moravec dcook: by the way, what about tests?
06:45 dcook >_>
06:45 dcook <_<
06:46 dcook In all honesty, I was waiting to write those, because I had a feeling that things were going to change
06:46 dcook And didn't want to have to rewrite all the tests hah
06:46 josef_moravec dcook: absolutely understand ;)
06:46 dcook At Kohacon, fridolin actually raised some good points, which makes me think my entire design is no good anyway
06:48 dcook I'm thinking this one might actually be better rewritten as a plugin
06:49 josef_moravec dcook: whole harvester?
06:49 dcook Yeah
06:50 dcook For web users, I think it would look all right as a plugin
06:50 dcook The tricky part would be the database...
06:50 dcook Although I hear that plugins these days update the schema too
06:50 dcook The reliance on third-party dependencies makes it not great as a plugin though..
06:51 dcook I've been thinking of keeping a separate database
06:51 josef_moravec I like plugins, and probably it will be the way in the future that many things will be as plugin, but i think the plugin system would need many improvements to make such a think possible
06:51 dcook So that the only parts of Koha I need are a web UI (easy with a plugin in theory) and a record importer
06:51 ashimema Mornin' #koha
06:51 dcook allo ashimema
06:51 josef_moravec like dependencies as you say, and better hooks handling
06:51 josef_moravec Hi ashimema
06:52 dcook With the harvester, it wouldn't need any hooks really
06:52 dcook The web ui would communicate with the daemon
06:52 dcook And then the daemon could do everything on its own
06:52 dcook Once upon a time, I had an iteration that was totally separate to Koha
06:52 dcook Other than the UI for comms
06:53 dcook But the web services for importing into Koha are suuuper slow
06:53 dcook Or used to be
06:53 dcook The only way to get half-decent performance was to closely couple with Koha :/
06:54 dcook Sometimes I think OAI-PMH harvesting is better implemented instance by instance...
06:54 dcook That a catch-all won't work
06:54 dcook I've been working on this for like 5.5 years at this point :/
06:54 dcook I'd given up before andreashm contacted me
06:55 dcook And now I don't want to give up, but...
06:55 dcook I don't know that it really has a chance of getting in, so I think it may have to just be a plugin
06:56 dcook But on that note, I almost have my commits ready ;)
06:57 dcook josef_moravec: I really do appreciate all the work that you're putting into this too :)
07:01 * dcook apologizes for the heat-induced rant :p
07:04 dcook One last QA test tool run then I'll upload..
07:04 josef_moravec dcook: great!
07:05 dcook I think I've fixed most things. I think there are 3 outstanding things: the SQL statement, the datatable styling, and the foreign key. I think I might be wrong in my response about the foreign key though...
07:05 dcook But I'm out of time O_O
07:05 dcook Once these patches go up, I am going to get cold beers
07:05 dcook heh
07:05 josef_moravec dcook: enjoy ;)
07:06 josef_moravec no problem, submit what you have, I'll try to catch oleonard and we could probably do something with datatable styling...
07:06 dcook Hopefully it's just a case of needing to add a CSS class or something
07:07 dcook I probably won't get a chance to follow up for a little while anyway
07:08 dcook Some pressing non-Koha stuff early next week
07:12 magnuse \o/
07:12 dcook yo magnuse
07:12 magnuse yo yo yo dcook
07:24 ashimema OAI fun aye dcook
07:24 ashimema Lots of reading back
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:35 reiveune hello
07:35 m23 joined #koha
07:36 * ashimema first challenge of the days.. fix a 10 year old FIXME
07:36 ashimema that's gotta be a bit of a record
07:36 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:46 ibeardslee joined #koha
07:48 sophie_m joined #koha
07:59 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:59 alexbuckley hi all
08:01 Francesca joined #koha
08:06 Archie^ joined #koha
08:06 Archie^ hey remind me what table patron records are stored in?
08:08 alexbuckley hey archie they are in the borrowers table
08:09 matts hi
08:09 wahanui hola, matts
08:10 alexbuckley Hey ashimema did you see I wrote a patch (bug 21754) as an alternative to 21732 as it automatically cancels outstanding holds on lost items
08:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21754 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Needs Signoff , If an item is marked as lost, any outstanding transfers upon it should be automatically cancelled
08:14 fridolin joined #koha
08:14 fridolin hi there
08:16 Archie^ right, thank you
08:27 marcelr joined #koha
08:27 marcelr hi #koha
08:39 ashimema thanks alexbuckley (IRC)
08:39 ashimema now we're just left to see if we get any replies to me queries on the mailing lists
08:39 alexbuckley yeah
08:40 ashimema nothings ever easy is it ;)
08:41 ashimema that's the problem with Koha now.. it's got so much history and so much code pre-existing that when you try to do even the simplest looking things you end up finding it touches way more than you originally thought
08:41 ashimema thanks for all the perserverance though :)
08:42 alexbuckley no worries, super keen to try to get that in as it seems pretty important that when item marked as lost things like transfers are dealt with
08:47 marcelr ashimema: why am i seeing so much ill patches ?
08:47 ashimema huh
08:48 marcelr was ill a bit sick?
08:48 ashimema lol
08:48 ashimema nah.. we always had a phase 2 and phase 3 planned
08:48 ashimema this is only around 2/3rds of pahse 2
08:48 marcelr oops and critical stock rotation stuff..
08:48 ashimema mm.. the stock rotation stuff is annoying..
08:49 ashimema it's basically rebase pain
08:49 marcelr i will pick the other one now
08:49 ashimema it got rebased for like 5 years and unfortunately not everything was caught at the last qa before push..
08:49 cait joined #koha
08:49 ashimema especially as immediately after push the sql strict stufff was push which also broke it and added to the fix patches
08:50 marcelr 5 years aarg
08:50 ashimema we have more plans for ILL.. lots more polishing to do there to make it more refined. Bywater are jumping on board too to help us convert backends to plugins
08:51 ashimema yeah.. it's hard to keep something up to date for that long :(
08:51 ashimema invariably feature creep and bugs creep in
08:51 ashimema ILL in it's original form in Koha core has the same sort of issue really.. the original stuff that got in worked.. but was not at all polished because it ended up so parred down
08:51 ashimema it's getting better now though
08:52 marcelr hard to break such stuff in handleable pieces
08:52 ashimema more people getting involved.. I think it's slowly becomeing a much more polished and usable feature
08:52 ashimema indeed
08:52 marcelr same for recalls now
08:52 marcelr just too large to get in without bugs
08:52 ashimema I don't blame anyone.. I'm having a right nightmare with some big feature QA's lately (from the qaing side not the submitting side)
08:52 ashimema it's teaching me allot about how to submit stuff cleaner
08:53 marcelr yeah but qa is not only for teaching you :)
08:53 marcelr even more about teaching submitters..
08:53 ashimema yeah.. I'm working through recalls still.. my aim is now to work hard with alexbuckley beggning of next cycle to get it in early in a cycle rather than let it slip in this cycle
08:53 ashimema oh definitely
08:53 marcelr yeah we should push it early for 19.05
08:53 ashimema definitely
08:55 ashimema ooh, your looking at bug 15529 too.
08:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15529 normal, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Failed QA , Process Message Queue may send duplicate emails if process is launched twice
08:55 ashimema cool.. I got stuck there
08:58 ashimema Jonathans comment threw me.. I hadn't even considered locking at the db level as an alternative
08:58 marcelr ashimema: we had some struggles about database locking too already
08:59 ashimema yeah.. exactly
08:59 marcelr it is not trivial too
08:59 ashimema locks can cause a massive performance issue sometimes too
08:59 marcelr i would not object to using exactly the same locking as in rebuild_zebra but not duplicate it
08:59 ashimema yeah.. baby steps ;)
09:00 ashimema you suggested what I was going to suggest next
09:00 marcelr nice sprintf bug btw
09:00 ashimema even as a secondary bug perhaps if we're keen on getting it through
09:00 marcelr you once leave the parentheses and there you go
09:00 marcelr perlcritic is your friend ;)
09:01 ashimema ack yeah.. can't believe I missed the sprintf horrors when rebasing.. alex sassmanshausen wrote those in the first place.. really surprises me now I look back
09:01 ashimema oops
09:01 ashimema perlcritic missed it here.. perhaps I just missed pushing a followup up
09:01 ashimema grr
09:15 Francesca joined #koha
09:16 * cait waves
09:20 paul_p joined #koha
09:26 ashimema anyone know what misc/crontjobs/ is for?
09:26 ashimema I've always used /
09:26 cait it's a special kind of fine calculation
09:26 cait sadly not very well documented, let me find the bug
09:27 cait bug 6858
09:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6858 normal, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, CLOSED FIXED, Adds for static fines processing
09:27 cait This patch allows to apply only one fine for a given borrower, no matter how many items are late, based on a given delay, which applies to the most late item.
09:28 ashimema erm
09:28 ashimema ok
09:28 ashimema no idea what that means
09:30 ashimema I wonder if anyone actually uses it.
09:31 cait matts might know :)
09:31 Francesca joined #koha
09:32 matts I don't know if anyone still uses it
09:33 ashimema one to put to the mailing list then nuke from high orbit I reckon ;)
09:33 ashimema sure it was usefull once upon a time
09:33 matts a loooong time ago :)
09:34 ashimema hehe
10:11 kohaputti joined #koha
10:27 marcelr @later tell kidclamp bug 14385 ?
10:27 huginn marcelr: The operation succeeded.
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: (RM follow-up) Add missing filter <[…]768aaacb3463501f2>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: DBRev <[…]ff58d320c49f15b68>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20996: (QA follow-up) Fix pod <[…]b6b2a5e1f5d278381>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20996: (follow-up) Fix merge problems <[…]1edbfbe7b34027178>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21640: Enable output to STDOUT for Itiva outbound script <[…]8d94ccada0ac09d07>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21606: [sql_modes] Fix matching rules insert <[…]88f13b89bd374f34f>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: (QA follow-up) Additional changes and fixes <[…]21d9918757746ef33>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21501: Remove dead code from course reserves module <[…]04143de8dc41fc858>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20996: (follow-up) Fix column name expectation <[…]8608859264ba269d6>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20996: (follow-up) Add <branch> to conf tpl <[…]98320875dc055aad4>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20996: Further enhance performance <[…]85c30d58d9b2ce08f>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: (follow-up) Replace tabs with spaces <[…]8f16b29eb5b98cc2f>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: Rename method get_intranet_catalog_toolbar_button to intranet_catalog_bibl... <[…]b7c7913132fed5d06>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: Add unit tests <[…]3f99473f3ef7edf00>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: (follow-up) Respond to feedback <[…]cba57b95ced2aca27>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20968: Add hooks into to display buttons <[…]87065136307e3bae7>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: Squash of a lot of patches rebased <[…]57947a1376152d021>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: (follow-up) Changes to sysprefs.sql and atomicupdate <[…]696cb1159d27c3a1c>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: (follow-up) C4::Borrowers not found <[…]3625e06e1b8e2cd69>
10:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14385: Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories <[…]4ff5a68495efa0ec7>
10:43 josef_moravec kidclamp++
10:45 marcelr hey kidclamp woke up
10:46 kidclamp Out most of today, so wanted to keep the queue from getting too big :-)
10:55 ashimema any chance you could add 19066 to the pushed pile pretty please.. I'd like to start rebasing some bits I'm working on atop it.
10:55 ashimema ;)
10:55 ashimema hows things otherwise?
10:59 kidclamp Things are good, heading to do a training today so can look at that but when back
10:59 ashimema have fun
11:04 soniya joined #koha
11:13 Guest1933 Project Koha_Master_D9 build #594: UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/594/
11:14 Guest1933 Project Koha_Master_U18 build #83: UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/83/
11:17 oleonard joined #koha
11:17 oleonard Hi #koha
11:18 marcelr hi oleonard
11:18 wahanui hi oleopard
11:20 Guest1933 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #89: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/89/
11:23 marcelr ashimema: ill request tests are sick ;_
11:23 ashimema :9
11:23 ashimema I shall go take a look
11:23 ashimema ta
11:25 marcelr htg bye #koha
11:26 kohaputti joined #koha
11:51 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:58 josef_moravec hi oleonard
11:58 wahanui hi oleopard
11:59 josef_moravec oleonard: could I ask you to have a look at bug 10662? There are some datatable styling issues
11:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
11:59 oleonard Sure
11:59 * oleonard was just trying to wrap his head around whether we need both Select2 and
12:03 Joubu hi #koha
12:03 Joubu How is going the feature slush?
12:04 oleonard josef_moravec: I get an error when I try to run the database update. "Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes"
12:05 oleonard josef_moravec: Did you encounter that too?
12:06 Joubu haaa!
12:07 Joubu what are you doing?
12:07 oleonard Joubu: Trying to test Bug 10662
12:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
12:07 josef_moravec ah, looks like dcook does not submit tha patch for this yet
12:08 Joubu ok it's not the exact same error as bug 21273
12:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21273 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , After upgrade from 17.11.08 to 18.05.02 intra not working, Software error: Template process failed
12:08 josef_moravec oleonard: for workaround you could edit /installer/data/mysql/atomicupdate/bug_10662.sql
12:09 josef_moravec and remove line 11 - unique key
12:10 oleonard Thanks josef_moravec
12:33 oleonard josef_moravec: Do you know if metadataPrefix  is always required?
12:34 oleonard The error messages implies that it is, "[metadataPrefix is a required field for an OAI-PMH request.]"
12:34 josef_moravec it is required by OAI-PMH standard
12:34 oleonard Okay, so making it a required field makes sense
12:34 oleonard (client-side)
12:42 ere apart from when using a resumptionToken
12:43 Joubu Who's fixing Jenkings? ashimema, kidclamp?
12:43 ashimema kidclamp is at training
12:43 ashimema I was about to take a look.. seems like it's ILL :(
12:44 ashimema which as much as I should be.. I'm no expert in at the moment
12:44 ashimema and AndrewIsh is on leave today
12:44 ere oleonard: with resumptionToken you must not send metadataPrefix (nor with verb=Identify etc.). so it's not always mandatory
12:44 Joubu ashimema: I bet it is caused by bug 20996
12:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20996 normal, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Pushed to Master , Fix API response time on ILL request endpoint
12:45 ashimema mm
12:45 ashimema me too
12:46 oleonard ere: Have you looked at Bug 10662? I don't see an input for resumptionToken in the "new request" form so I wonder if that case needs to be considered.
12:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
12:48 oleonard I would like to put as much client-side validation into that form as we can, but I'm not familiar with the requirements
12:55 ere oleonard: I haven't really, so this is simply theoretical about the protocol. But usually metadataPrefix is part of harvesting source configuration and resumptionToken is only used internally by the harvester. However, the harsh reality is that sometimes you need to restart harveting from a given resumptionToken to avoid reharvesting everything you already got before something glitched.
12:55 oleonard Thanks ere. I'll leave it for now and bring it up with dcook
12:56 kmlussier joined #koha
12:56 * oleonard is disappointed that fixFloat is so fragile
12:57 ere oleonard: In practice you typically need two config options for the format: the format you request using the metadataPrefix, and the actual format the provider returns. Some servers don't follow the guidelines, and there are no standard prefixes for all formats, so what you call it and they call it may not match..
12:57 oleonard Sounds typical for library data exchange...
12:57 Joubu oleonard: I think the last changes were quite good :) The problem is that browsers do not interpret/implement the specs identically...
12:58 oleonard Joubu: I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that this kind of issue happens so infrequently
12:59 ere oleonard: If you happen to need anything for reference, there's always RecordManager that I've written. Wrong programming language, though, but e.g. the configuration might be of use:[…]specific-settings
13:00 ere (also the common settings affect harvesting)
13:04 Joubu #koha - I know I asked it a dozen of times already but as today it's ft slush I must ask again. I really believe that bug 19185 must be part of 18.11. We need more tests!
13:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19185 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Web installer and onboarding tool selenium test
13:06 ashimema I thought it was pretty much blocked by bug 19821 Joubu
13:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Run tests on a separate database
13:06 mtompset joined #koha
13:06 ashimema I can sign it off.. as I've already tested it..
13:07 ashimema in fact.. I thought I had signed it off
13:07 Joubu 19185 is waiting for a SO as well
13:10 caroline joined #koha
13:10 caroline hi #koha!
13:20 oleonard Hi caroline
13:27 Joubu Anybody around is connected with an IPv6 address?
13:28 tcohen morning
13:52 fridolin k
14:14 mtompset Greetings, #koha ashimema Joubu caroline oleonard tcohen
14:14 mtompset Nope... not with IPv6 here.
14:14 mtompset Greetings, fridolin
14:15 tcohen hi
14:15 fridolin hi
14:15 wahanui que tal, fridolin
14:15 fridolin va bene
14:15 fridolin ve bene wahanui
14:15 fridolin wahanui ba bene
14:15 wahanui fridolin: what?
14:15 fridolin wahanui: watts
14:15 wahanui fridolin: huh?
14:16 fridolin wahanui: Obi-Wan Kenobi
14:16 wahanui fridolin: huh?
14:26 oleonard wahanui: Bro do you even nerd?
14:26 wahanui wish i knew, oleonard
14:41 Archie^ joined #koha
14:41 Archie^ Hey guys, so im having an issue with migrating to Koha. does anyone have a couple of minutes?
14:42 oleonard Ask away Archie^, and if someone can they'll answer
14:44 Archie^ Right so basically we just got access to database of another library. The plan is to create Master Koha with a bunch of different libraries being able to connet to it.So i have access to DB and they have all the books they store in access as MARC21XML. So we are in a stage that we want to migrate all data to koha as a proof of concept that koha is better solution etc
14:44 Archie^ what i dont understand is, if i upload these books into koha via marc21xml upload then there is no option to link these books that they are available in this certain library
14:46 oleonard Archie^: To show that a book is available at a particular library you must add an item record specific to that library. Multiple item records can be added to a single bibliographic record.
14:47 Archie^ so that's not something that should be added in MARC21 file? i mean ... does that mean i have to take different approach into migrating the data rathen then marc21xml upload that already exists in KOHA
14:48 oleonard I don't know what kind of record you're getting out of the old system, but ideally it would already contain item information
14:48 caroline Archie^: items in Koha are in fields 952. Make sure your records have that information
14:49 caroline For homelibrary, it's 952$a
14:50 caroline What system are you migrating from?
14:52 Archie^ it's an old legacy system created specifically for my country called Alis
14:55 eythian it's very likely you'll have to do something to convert the item records you have to the form that koha expects - every system does that bit differently.
14:59 tuxayo mtompset (IRC) around for a chat?
15:00 caroline Archie^: the official MARC field for items is 852, but it varies from system to system
15:01 caroline You'll have to check the records for item information and map them to Koha's item fields https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]data_fields_(9xx)
15:02 caroline if you need help with the mapping, I can help you, that's pretty much what I do all day these days :)
15:03 Archie^ ok then i have another issue :D
15:05 Archie^ so ok we have to systems here, one is Aleph and one is Alis, the aleph one is master system that pretty much holds all catalogue of books in country and alis is little libraries etc. so if i get full dump of alpeh into koha (onlythe books, nothing else interests me from aleph) and i want to add books into from alis libraries it will just find it as a duplicate and dismiss?
15:06 Archie^ i had in my mind something like.. im adding books from alis and koha checks for duplicates, sees that it is already in Koha but adds some sort of .. + 1 that it is available in this new library
15:06 Archie^ i'm fairly comfused myself :S
15:07 oleonard Archie^: The import process can check for duplicates based on a unique field of your choice
15:07 caroline or multiple fields
15:08 caroline in Administration > Record matching rules[…]rd-matching-rules
15:08 caroline Then you can tell it to import only the items from the records that are duplicates
15:09 Archie^ im not sure what items is in this context
15:09 Archie^ sorry for all the confusion, still fairly new to Library game ;D
15:10 oleonard An item is the part of the record which identifies the physical instance of that record
15:10 oleonard The item has an identifier like a barcode, and it is associated with a particular library
15:19 Archie^ so basically if a person checks out a book, then this record of checking the book out is considered an item?
15:19 caroline the book itself is th item
15:20 Archie^ ahh i think i got it
15:20 oleonard Archie^: Look at the MARC view of this book in our catalog:[…]blionumber=543826
15:20 oleonard The table at the bottom lists the items
15:21 oleonard All this data is in the MARC record, but the item information is separated in this display
15:22 caroline it's like if you have a record of Harry potter and the philosopher's stone, but you have 5 copies of that book. You will have one record describing the title, author, publisher, etc. and 5 items with each their barcode, their status, etc.
15:23 caroline Your MARC record will have 5 x 852 (or 952) fields
15:28 oleonard See y'all later
15:56 josef_moravec oleonard++
15:57 fridolin left #koha
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:48 cait joined #koha
17:53 lukeG joined #koha
17:56 mtompset Oops...
17:56 mtompset @seen tuxayo
17:56 huginn mtompset: tuxayo was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 56 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <tuxayo> mtompset (IRC) around for a chat?
17:58 lukeG Has anyone expereinced problems with audio-alerts not sounding/playing in 18.05.05?
18:22 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:26 caroline Could someone check bug 21758 and tell me if it's just my system that's broken?
18:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21758 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Navigation in Z39.50 result pages not working in Acquisitions
18:43 ashimema Slushy slush slush
18:44 * ashimema is tired and take a well earned weekend
18:44 ashimema Have a good one #koha
18:47 CrispyBran Anyone know what makes an item consigned?
18:53 ashimema caroline++
18:53 caroline :D
18:53 ashimema Now I just need to find a QA in the remaining hours
18:54 caroline Did we talk about the decimal dot multiplying the actual cost upon receiving?
18:54 caroline I think so... That needs to be fixed before the release
18:56 caroline yes there it is bug 18723
18:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18723 critical, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, Failed QA , Dot not recognized as decimal separator on receive
20:09 cait joined #koha
20:25 tuxayo caroline (IRC): bug 21507
20:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21507 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines, simplified
20:26 tuxayo I coundln't find time until the last few days for this :(
20:26 tuxayo My plan after bug 21507 is to do the same for 18723
20:26 caroline won't 21507 fix 18723?
20:28 tuxayo caroline (IRC): QA feedback on bug 12310 (it's predecessor) made me scope it only on fines. So I prefer to keep that.
20:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12310 major, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, BLOCKED , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines
20:29 caroline ok
20:30 tuxayo I thinks that a good idea because we might have to do at once many decimal fields in acquisitions and it's difficult to test. So wanting to fix acquisitions at the same time might cause payement/fines fix to take longer to be merged
20:30 tuxayo Also the test plan will be less scary :)
20:31 caroline very important point!
20:31 caroline friendly test plans get tested :)
20:36 tuxayo ^_^
20:36 tuxayo caroline (IRC) Do you know areas in Koha where decimal numbers can be written with both «.» or «,» ? (or maybe follow the CurrencyFormat syspref) Because i'm sure I have found such a thing.
20:36 tuxayo This is to mutualize the server side code handling this. Because that's what I need for bug 21507
20:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21507 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines, simplified
20:37 caroline you mean other than fines and acquisitions?
20:44 deb-CSPL joined #koha
20:49 Domino joined #koha
20:53 tuxayo caroline (IRC): Maybe in aquision actually, I don't know it enough
20:54 tuxayo caroline (IRC): In fines, some of field work with both but It's JavaScript that replaces commas with dots
20:54 tuxayo we can see that on unfocus.
20:55 Magenta joined #koha
20:56 caroline I never paid attention to be honest, other than when it broke everything and suddenly my order was 3999$ instead of 39.99$
22:45 caroline have a good weekend all!
22:49 SleekAssassin joined #koha
23:04 * CrispyBran waves goodbye

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary