IRC log for #koha, 2018-06-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:55 kathryn joined #koha
01:33 kellym joined #koha
02:04 BobB joined #koha
02:23 mtompset joined #koha
02:23 mtompset @seen drofj
02:23 huginn` mtompset: I have not seen drofj.
02:24 mtompset @seen drojf
02:24 huginn` mtompset: drojf was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 4 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes, and 54 seconds ago: <drojf> too hot to measure
02:38 mtompset @later tell drojf How do you get Test::DBIx::Class to play nicely with Soap::Lite? Do you build the latest Soap::Lite yourself?
02:38 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
04:20 cait joined #koha
04:50 cait joined #koha
05:36 cait joined #koha
05:53 laurence joined #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:33 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:41 alex_a joined #koha
06:41 alex_a bonjour
06:45 andrew_ joined #koha
07:03 paul_p joined #koha
07:08 fridolin joined #koha
07:08 fridolin hi
07:23 sophie_m joined #koha
07:27 tuxayo hi #koha! o/
07:31 drojf joined #koha
07:32 drojf hi #koha
07:51 cait joined #koha
08:00 kidclamp joined #koha
08:09 * cait waves
08:09 cait hello #koha - I've missed you
08:12 harley joined #koha
08:37 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #61: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/61/
08:37 jenkins nightly: Bug 17111 - Automatic debian/control updates (oldstable/17.11.x)
08:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17111 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Passed QA , Automatic debian/control updates (oldstable/17.11.x)
09:04 tuxayo Can someone confirm that one can the run all the test with `prove;prove t/db_dependent`
09:04 tuxayo Or are there more?
09:14 cait hm there are also the xt tests
09:14 cait i am not sure if just running prove goes through all the file structure
09:33 ashimema there are non db_dependant tests too ;)
09:34 * ashimema missed the first prove.. oops
09:36 ashimema tuxayo: take a look at koha-testing-docker on gitlab ;)
09:36 ashimema[…]ha-testing-docker
09:36 ashimema and perhaps misc4dev might be helpfull too if your trying to run all the tests
09:38 ashimema man gitlab is slow again
10:13 tuxayo ashimema[m] thanks :) haven't found anything in the repo though
10:13 tuxayo[…]sitory_ref=master
10:15 irma_ joined #koha
10:28 tcohen hi
10:30 janPasi1 joined #koha
10:34 ashimema[…]s/ looks like the bit your looking for
11:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:17 tuxayo ashimema[m] it only runs the db dependent tests right? So one would miss the other tests by only looking there
11:19 * tuxayo sent a long message: tuxayo_2018-06-19_11:19:29.txt <[…]UyOKgAbBVPejuKeoN>
11:19 ashimema tcohen
11:19 ashimema I would hope that it covers all tests.. it's what's used for jenkins I believe
11:22 tuxayo maybe it's the `-r t/`
11:22 tuxayo I'll try that
11:31 ashimema `-r` does mean recurse
11:32 ashimema but i'm still not sure how the xt's get tested to be honest
11:39 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:48 alex_a joined #koha
11:58 oleonard joined #koha
11:59 oleonard Hi all
12:01 tuxayo hi oleonard :)
12:08 kellym joined #koha
12:15 tcohen tuxayo: koha-testing-docker (with the RUN_TESTS_AND_EXIT flag) runs all tests, including t/, t/db_dependent/ and xt/
12:15 * oleonard hides from tcohen
12:17 tuxayo tcohen: Indeed there is xt in the params! So in a DevBox, should `prove -r t/ xt/` run really everything?
12:18 tcohen exactly
12:18 tcohen kshell
12:18 Joubu will fail for www and selenium tests
12:19 tcohen why Joubu?
12:19 alex_a joined #koha
12:20 Joubu I export KOHA_*_URL to run them, maybe it's exported from .shellrc in the devbox
12:20 Joubu old habits ;)
12:21 Joubu at least selenium server needs to be started
12:22 tcohen need to call start_selenium on a separate terminal
12:23 tcohen ah, but it needs to be installed/set
12:23 tcohen he
12:28 Joubu cait: bug 20889 was a regression, do you think/know bug 20963 is one?
12:28 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20889 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Items marked as not for loan can be checked out
12:28 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20963 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Can check out not for loan items when temporarily overriding restriction
12:33 cait Joubu: i didn't verfiy - it might be an old bug
12:33 cait i stumbled on it because i had tested the dishcarge bug
12:33 cait hence the restriction on my patron
12:51 oleonard Joubu: You're correct about Bug 20650. I attached a follow-up patch. Should I set it back to "needs signoff?"
12:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20650 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Switch single-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Various, part 3
12:53 Joubu oleonard: nope
12:54 oleonard Thanks for testing
12:54 cait oleonard: sorry for interferring on the one bug, was just wondering because nick added one as a calss and 2 as custom attributes, why not have them all as data-?
12:55 oleonard I can see the class being useful to libraries who want to style the opac differently based on the logged-in branch. It's more straightforward to do that via a class.
12:56 cait but isn't that the use case for the data- ones too?
12:56 cait especially for the logged in branch?
12:57 oleonard I don't understand your question
12:57 cait hm let me find the bug to be clearer :)
12:57 kellym joined #koha
13:00 kellym left #koha
13:06 cait oleonard: I was wondering about nick's patch
13:06 cait oleonard: it added one class and 2 attributes
13:07 cait do you have the bug number on hand by chance? i am failing to fidn it
13:07 oleonard Bug 20921
13:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20921 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Expose borrowernumber and branch when user is logged in to OPAC
13:07 cait so at the moment we got the logged in user in  body tag
13:07 cait well the branch
13:08 wahanui well, the branch is a branch is a branch.
13:08 cait thx wahanui
13:08 wahanui yw
13:08 cait class="loggedinusername" borrowernumber="[% USER_INFO.borrowernumber %]" branchcode="[% USER_INFO.branchcode %]
13:08 oleonard So you question is whether the branchcode part of the patch is redundant?
13:08 cait it will be
13:08 cait but that might not be bad? I was just wondering mostly i guess, because doing it in a certain way and sticking with it might be good
13:09 cait and i just figured out part of my confusion was that i thought class=loggedinusername was new, but it's old
13:09 cait can you use those attributes with css? I haven't seen them before
13:10 oleonard I think it's fine... It's logical that the data attributes would be associated with this element, and it's logical that the <body> tag would have a similar attribute.
13:10 oleonard The patch is wrong, IMO. They should be data-borrowernumber and data-branchcode
13:10 cait ok
13:10 cait can you manipulate them with css and jquery?
13:11 oleonard Definitely with jQuery -- we do that in a lot of places already. I assume you can in CSS with attribute selectors but I've never tried it.
13:11 cait something like.... a[data-borrowernumber=...]?
13:11 oleonard That's my guess
13:11 oleonard[…]-data-attributes/
13:14 cait so it might be all good but for adding data-
13:19 oleonard cait do you think it would make sense to add a "received" column to acqui/ I thought that might be a solution to Bug 7133
13:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7133 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , received items could stand out more
13:33 paul_p joined #koha
13:39 ashimema @seen kidclamp
13:39 huginn` ashimema: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 3 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes, and 9 seconds ago: <kidclamp> now I am scared, I thought they were brown eggs
13:54 lavamind tcohen: afk a few minutes to get coffee
15:03 kmlussier joined #koha
15:10 fridolin left #koha
15:17 reiveune bye
15:17 reiveune left #koha
15:27 cait oleonard: can you ask me again later? about to leave and my brain is ... something like toast or melted cheese
15:27 oleonard Mmmm... toasted cheese...
15:27 cait which makes me want to eat sandwiches
15:27 oleonard Sure cait :)
15:27 cait yep
15:27 cait heh
15:28 Joubu what kind of cheeses?
15:30 oleonard Almost all of the cheeses.
15:35 cait left #koha
15:43 mtompset joined #koha
15:44 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
15:45 mtompset @later tell drojf I was using the default repo versions in Stretch when I cpan2deb'd newer versions, my issue (let's uninstall all the koha dependencies) disappeared.
15:45 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
16:22 cait joined #koha
16:25 oleonard Anyone around who has successfully added column configuration to a DataTable?
16:26 oleonard I've done it before, but now I'm running into a problem... The columns settings page in Admin doesn't show the column name
16:30 oleonard
16:31 Joubu column's names are picked from the yaml file
16:32 oleonard Yeah, and I've updated it... "modify" and "cancel" show up, but nothing else
16:32 oleonard Oh never mind, typo
16:33 Joubu yes, it should be a list of key => value, so '-' and 'columname:' must not be on the same line
16:33 Joubu I guess it was your problem
16:36 laurence left #koha
16:36 Joubu @later tell kidclamp you should double check your follow-up on bug 17168 (debug stmts)
16:36 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:45 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
16:46 Freddy_Enrique Hola mundo
16:46 oleonard I see in an old mailing list message that "ecost" means rrp - discount. Where does the word "ecost" come from?
16:54 Joubu oleonard: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/GST_Rewrite_RFC
16:55 Joubu it stands for "estimated cost"
16:55 oleonard Thank you. Did we make that up? Google had no idea.
16:55 Joubu (you should not keep this page opened too long)
16:55 ClassyDancer joined #koha
16:56 Joubu I have no idea where the term comes from
17:12 kellym joined #koha
17:36 kidclamp joined #koha
17:50 oleonard Oh look it's kidclamp
17:51 kidclamp hi everybody!
17:51 wahanui Hi, Doctor Nick!
17:51 kidclamp my name is Nick! Releavnt!
17:51 kidclamp Relevant
17:51 oleonard Revenant?
17:51 kidclamp Shibboleth?
17:51 wahanui Shibboleth is a strange thing.. you can login from anywhere.. including some website totally unrelated to koha ;).. or even not a website at all ;)
17:52 ashimema Hi kidclamp.. feeling better?
17:52 kidclamp much much, yesterday was awful, I was a zombie
17:52 kidclamp and it was hot
17:52 * kidclamp hates summer
17:52 ashimema good good.. glad your feeling better :)
17:55 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:01 kidclamp thanks
18:28 mtompset kidclamp, it isn't until June 21. :P
18:28 mtompset Isn't Shibboleth the name of place the guys asked the people crossing the river to say, and if they said it wrong they killed them? ;)
18:29 mtompset Yes! It is in Judges 12:6 ;)
18:30 oleonard mtompset: Not until June 21? Tell that to Outside.
18:32 mtompset oleonard, I think there's a difference between meteorological and astronomical seasons. The 21st is the longest day.
18:33 oleonard mtompset, I think there's a difference between ignorance requiring correction and joking.
18:36 oleonard When someone corrects you about when summer starts, that's called solsticeplaining.
18:36 * mtompset laughs, "Okay, okay."
18:36 mtompset Yes, outside is crazy hot like a summer day.
18:37 mtompset Plus, I wanted to say that, because I just became aware of it. :)
18:37 mtompset It's like sharing information which everyone else already knew, but I just learned and am excited about. :)
18:40 cait joined #koha
18:43 oleonard Welcome back cait. You missed it -- everyone was fighting over who wanted to sign off on my patches the most.
18:43 oleonard I had to assure everyone that there are plenty to go around.
18:44 mtompset And yet the bug count is still over 200. :(
18:46 mtompset When's the next GBSD?
18:48 oleonard No one has planned one as far as I know.
18:53 cait mtompset: volunteering? :)
18:54 cait oleonard: i will jump right into the next battle then :)
18:54 cait oleonard: what was your quesiton earlier?
18:54 cait i had a nap, i might be able to give an answer :)
18:55 oleonard cait: I was looking at Bug 7133 and wondering if it would make sense to add a "received" column to the table of orders on acqui/
18:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7133 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , received items could stand out more
18:55 cait instead of the (rcvd)?
18:55 oleonard Yes
18:55 cait what what we put in there?
18:55 cait jut rcvd again?
18:56 oleonard Maybe a count, maybe just a check mark.
18:56 cait i think a check mark
18:56 cait partially received ones show separately
18:56 cait i mean as their own line as they get split
18:56 cait so we just need to highlight
18:57 cait i was thinking maybe also a slightly different background color... maybe?
18:58 cait and we could sort :D
19:00 cait i always love to see work done on those 4 digit bugs and this is a good one
19:00 cait oleonard++
19:06 mtompset Sorry, cait. Not volunteering to run anything.
19:06 cait magnuse is on vacation for 5 weeks i think or something
19:06 cait so we'll need someone else for GBSD
19:13 oleonard See you tomorrow everyone. Don't worry, if you sign off on all my patches I can make more.
19:16 cait :)
19:25 kellym joined #koha
19:59 cait ashimema++
20:15 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:47 kellym joined #koha
21:00 kathryn joined #koha
21:16 cait hm someon earound who could try and add some items from intranet ot hte cart using the add to cart button ont op?
21:18 cait hm filed as bug 20967 - we are closing in on 21000 pretty fast
21:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20967 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , 'Add to cart' button in intranet doesn't work
21:46 cait @later tell kidclamp how to continue on bug 19893?
21:46 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
22:58 kellym joined #koha
22:58 kellym left #koha
23:32 papa1 joined #koha
23:35 kidclamp .

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary