IRC log for #koha, 2018-04-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:53 edveal joined #koha
01:04 indradg_ joined #koha
01:18 misilot__ joined #koha
01:50 misilot__ joined #koha
02:21 misilot__ joined #koha
02:52 misilot__ joined #koha
04:47 fridolin joined #koha
04:47 fridolin hi there
05:22 cait joined #koha
05:52 sab_ joined #koha
05:52 sab_ we wish to bring excel data into koha by using marc we did some records but for multiple copies of same book how to configure excel before converting into marc
05:53 sab_ for same title in excel hw to separate acc number item type branch code item type
06:21 misilot__ joined #koha
06:29 magnuse \o/
06:32 sab_ we wish to bring excel data into koha by using marc we did some records but for multiple copies of same book how to configure excel before converting into marc
06:32 sab_ for same title in excel hw to separate acc number item type branch code item type
06:56 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:16 sophie_m joined #koha
07:18 paul_p joined #koha
07:24 tuxayo_afk hi #koha o/
07:25 sophie_m joined #koha
07:28 greenjimll joined #koha
07:37 cait joined #koha
07:51 BobB sab you need to create a 952 tag for each item associated with the record
07:52 BobB It will look like 952$aHomeBranch$bHoldingBranch​$cLocation$dDateofAcquisition etc
07:52 ashimema_ joined #koha
07:53 BobB find the full list of fields on the Administration page, Koha to MARC mapping ... drop down the Items list
07:53 BobB hth
07:53 BobB sab_
07:54 misilot__ joined #koha
08:00 janPasi joined #koha
08:56 misilot__ joined #koha
09:12 sab_ tx bob only i am not able to understand hw to separate each item details in my excel first so that when i use marcedit they all will be converted properly
09:13 sab_ each excel column
09:14 sab_ hw to add additional copy accession numbers in one row so that those numbers are added as separate items with one record
09:14 nlegrand joined #koha
09:15 nlegrand Good day #koha
09:16 cait hi nlegrand
09:17 nlegrand hiya cait o/
09:28 misilot__ joined #koha
09:32 magnuse_ joined #koha
09:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:04 kidclamp joined #koha
10:09 * kidclamp waves
10:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:51 cait jajm: could you also take a look at bug 20666?
10:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20666 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Wrong Permissions prevent non-plack pages to load
10:51 cait should be quick
10:55 cait fridolin: more pukapuka?
11:31 meliss joined #koha
11:32 jajm cait, looking at it now
11:34 janPasi joined #koha
11:41 cait thx :)
11:42 fridolin cait: pukapuka is the name of main branch, it was still old name in some places like 801$b
11:42 cait ah, only unimarc db then
11:42 cait was just wondering : ) misclicked earlier when i wanted to look something up in git.k-c
11:47 cait jajm++ thx!
12:00 NateC joined #koha
12:05 misilot__ joined #koha
12:10 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:14 DonnaB joined #koha
12:17 paul_p joined #koha
12:32 kellym joined #koha
12:40 kellym joined #koha
12:43 LeeJ joined #koha
12:43 * LeeJ waves
12:43 LeeJ hi #koha
12:44 cait hi LeeJ
12:44 cait I tried my hand at the kanban answering mailing list questions yesterday
12:44 LeeJ tcohen: got your message..any idea why that's happening during a fresh box?
12:44 cait hope i didn't disrupt order
12:44 LeeJ cait: not at all! :) I created a 3.22 enhancements user story and created a task for that comment you put :)
12:45 cait thx :) I just couldn't find the right links
12:46 LeeJ cait: no worries! we have to add a user story before we can add a task :)
13:11 JoshB joined #koha
13:32 tcohen hi
13:32 LeeJ hi tcohen
13:32 LeeJ tcohen: I'm glad I wasn't the only one having a failed spin up
13:36 LeeJ well I'm off work for the afternoon..take care all!
13:38 Margaret joined #koha
13:54 andrew joined #koha
13:59 edveal joined #koha
14:16 talljoy joined #koha
14:26 jorgeR joined #koha
14:41 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:44 rocio joined #koha
14:49 kmlussier joined #koha
15:16 jorgeR joined #koha
15:21 jbeno_away joined #koha
15:24 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
15:24 Freddy_Enrique Good morning guys
15:24 Freddy_Enrique meeting time? I want to ask something
15:25 tcohen no meeting, whats up?
15:25 tcohen next meeting?
15:25 wahanui hmmm... next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
15:26 Freddy_Enrique good
15:26 Freddy_Enrique well, it is concerning the database. I'm adopting some made-reports from the sql library report
15:27 Freddy_Enrique and when I execute it.. I'm prompted to update the report
15:27 ashimema_ I thought there was a meeting today too..
15:27 cait left #koha
15:27 Freddy_Enrique something like this....
15:29 Freddy_Enrique
15:30 Freddy_Enrique does this really work? I mean, I clicked the update sql keep appearing
15:36 fridolin left #koha
15:58 TGoat-DocAppt joined #koha
16:00 jorgeR left #koha
16:14 merry_n joined #koha
16:14 cait joined #koha
16:15 merry_n Hi everyone! Question: I need to remove a UNIMARC field from display in OPAC. Could someone give me an example of what I should put in xslt? Or is there another way to do it?
16:17 tcohen merry_n: the XSLT says what to display, you can comment the template that deals with what you want to hide
16:19 merry_n <tcohen>, this is very valuable, thanks! where do I find this template? and what do you mean by 'comment the template'?
16:20 tcohen merry_n: you're talking about the 'normal' view in the OPAC?
16:21 tcohen I need to leave, sorry
16:22 merry_n tcohen: yes, normal view. thanks again! see next time)
16:35 merry_n Hi, I repeat in case someone else is up to help with this: Hi everyone! Question: I need to remove a UNIMARC field from display in OPAC. Could someone give me an example of what I should put in xslt? Or is there another way to do it?
16:35 kidclamp what field are you trying to hide merry_n?
16:37 kidclamp You can either edit the xslt, finding the version you use here and getting the file, then editing and adding via the XSLT systempreferecnes
16:38 kidclamp or use javascript. Maybe hiding it in the frameworks works too depending
16:41 merry_n Field 200 _5. Strangely the xslt does not mention the field I need to remove from display... How can it be?
16:45 kidclamp this is the title field merry_n? are you trying to specifically hide it when second indicator is 5?
16:49 jorgeR joined #koha
16:50 jorgeR left #koha
16:52 jorgeR joined #koha
17:07 merry_n No, sorry, I was not clear enough: I need to hide the sub-field actually.
17:13 tcohen 200 $5?
17:13 tcohen can you show a screenshot?
17:15 tcohen UNIMARCslim3OPACdisplay.xsl is the file
17:15 tcohen
17:15 tcohen ^^ that's the piece of XSLT that deals with that
17:15 tcohen the 'else' case
17:15 tcohen (xsl:otherwise)
17:17 tcohen merry_n: maybe like this
17:19 tcohen jajm: around?
17:21 cait coming late
17:21 cait but would it not work to hide it in the framework now?
17:21 cait without xslt?
17:21 cait merry_n: what is your koha version?
18:03 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:03 merry_n tthe latest version
18:04 cait have you tried just changing the hidden settings for opac in your bibliographic frameworks?
18:04 cait administration > bibliographic framework > marc structure > ... and uncheck OPAC
18:06 merry_n thanks for the screen-shots! this seems feasible. I will check the frameworks now...
18:07 cait the idea is to filter out the fields before they get processed by xslt
18:07 cait it should work in recent versions and if it's just about hiding that should be alright
18:11 Freddy_Enrique Guys, one question
18:11 Freddy_Enrique I'm adopting some made-reports from the sql library report
18:11 Freddy_Enrique when I execute it.. I'm prompted to update the report
18:11 cait the report is probably using the marcxml field
18:11 merry_n cait : you are a genius! problem solved!!
18:11 cait glad it worked :)
18:11 Freddy_Enrique I get this:
18:12 cait Freddy_Enrique: the database structure was changed
18:12 cait and the older reports in the sql library won't work out of the box
18:12 cait have you tried converting it?
18:12 Freddy_Enrique Yes
18:12 cait it didn't work?
18:12 Freddy_Enrique I was gonna say that
18:12 Freddy_Enrique nop
18:12 cait can you share the sql it created?
18:13 Freddy_Enrique I clicl update sql but it keeps popping up
18:13 cait basically what we did is move biblioitems.marcxml into its own new table
18:13 cait the conversion will try to fix that, but it might not work in all cases
18:13 Freddy_Enrique Thats right, but in many case it doesnt fix the problem
18:14 Freddy_Enrique cait ++
18:15 cait if you share the sql i can try and see if i can fix it
18:15 Freddy_Enrique Know I see that I can't just solve them by clicking the update button
18:15 Freddy_Enrique Ok, let see
18:15 Freddy_Enrique where is the large paste option...
18:16 Freddy_Enrique its gonna be a mess if a put it here..
18:17 cait paste?
18:17 wahanui it has been said that paste is found at
18:18 Freddy_Enrique this is the one! thanks!
18:20 Freddy_Enrique
18:22 merry_n <cait>: mmmm the sub-field 200 _5 is indeed not displayed in normal view now, but still displayed in preview. that can be solved only through xslt, right?...
18:22 cait what preview?
18:23 cait do you mean the result list?
18:23 merry_n cait: search results
18:23 wahanui search results are different than items :(
18:23 cait hm interesting
18:23 wahanui it has been said that interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
18:23 cait are you using xslt for search results?
18:23 merry_n no, I don't think so...
18:23 merry_n actually
18:24 cait i'd check that first :)
18:24 cait Freddy_Enrique: looking at the report now
18:25 Freddy_Enrique Thanks cait, really appreciate it
18:25 cait Freddy_Enrique: interesting
18:25 wahanui rumour has it interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
18:25 cait i think it might be a false positive
18:25 cait have you tried to run it as it is?
18:25 Freddy_Enrique what's up with wahanui....
18:26 Freddy_Enrique yeah, it seems to work
18:26 Freddy_Enrique but it tells me to update it
18:26 cait we moved marxml aut of biblio
18:26 cait but this is marcxml in auth_header
18:26 cait the conversion script is not clever enough
18:26 cait can you file a bug with this example maybe?
18:27 Freddy_Enrique oh... sure, can I... file a bug?
18:27 Freddy_Enrique Ive got an account
18:27 cait bugs?
18:27 wahanui bugs is http://devopsreactions.tumblr.[…]ter-a-new-release
18:27 Freddy_Enrique I know bugzilla
18:28 cait hm not that one
18:28 cait ah yep
18:28 cait just on bugzilla
18:28 cait select reports for module
18:28 Freddy_Enrique ok
18:28 cait and say that it does ask you to convert when it's not actually necessary
18:28 Freddy_Enrique I dont want to mess things up, wanna keep the order
18:28 Freddy_Enrique ok
18:28 cait don't worry
18:28 cait it#s really hard to make bugzilla messier ;)
18:28 Freddy_Enrique Will be my first time then :)
18:29 Freddy_Enrique O.o
18:29 Freddy_Enrique jajaja
18:29 Freddy_Enrique cait ++
18:29 Freddy_Enrique ill do it
18:29 cait i will see it later in my inbox, can comment and check it, if you want
18:49 merry_n <cait>, I am stupid, of course I use xslt for search results... Will try this 'otherwise' thing in it
19:00 barton joined #koha
20:16 KeithS joined #koha
20:20 kathryn joined #koha
20:20 KeithS Anyone have any experience with cataloging digital resources with Koha? I.e., creating a catalog record that has an URL attached so the person can go directly to that resources, etc.
20:27 andrew joined #koha
20:38 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:40 jorgeR Lunch time
21:15 JoshB joined #koha
21:15 JoshB joined #koha
21:16 JoshB joined #koha
21:17 JoshB joined #koha
21:18 jorgeR left #koha
21:18 JoshB joined #koha
21:19 JoshB joined #koha
21:19 jorgeR joined #koha
21:20 JoshB joined #koha
21:26 ropuch I wish I knew how BibLibre managed to gave their demo responding so fast, showing opac-main on localhost is taking longer on my playbox ;/
21:27 ropuch s/gave/have
21:37 kathryn joined #koha
21:39 wizzyrea plack and memcached?
21:42 tcohen plack for sure
21:45 ropuch I have both enabled ;)
21:46 ropuch Their demo stands out amonmg others
22:58 chris_n joined #koha
23:03 tuxayo ropuch: It's probable that SSD disks contribute to this. But I'm not sure how much.
23:05 jorgeR left #koha
23:06 tuxayo In any event, my sysadmin colleagues will love to hear that their efforts lead to visible results :D
23:09 tuxayo ropuch: wizzyrea And we only use memcached since 17.11 and it's definitely not a significant factor.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary